Speaker 1: Hey, you found our podcast, but are you following it?
Speaker 2: That's important.
Speaker 3: Make sure you click that follow button and enjoy.
Speaker 4: I think I see a listener outside right now.
Speaker 5: Hey wait a minute, No, not like that follow.
Speaker 1: We got a note from management the other day.
Speaker 4: Why is this music so appropriate?
Speaker 1: It's broken Jeffrey in the morning and they're saying, hey, can you guys stop highlighting all the good people in the world and instead tossing a few rotten eggs to your lineup? Too much positivity on this show, too much fun. We started our new segment called Criminal of the Week to highlight the bold and nefarious, mostly dumb people who do the weird, moronic things that make this nation so great.
Speaker 6: And they built this country.
Speaker 1: And today's cow, criminal of the Week, that's where the best show when it comes to making us irrect.
Speaker 4: Why isn't there a move after you say that?
Speaker 1: We'll throw that in for the next criminal. But today's cow is a person that we don't know, but we do know their crime because last week a radio station in Alabama announced someone had stolen their entire two hundred foot tall steel radio tower. Radio tower, like one day the tower was there, the next it was gone without a trace.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, can you imagine their engineering department.
Speaker 1: According to a Facebook post, every piece of equipment available was stolen from it. They cut the wires to the tower, they downed the entire structure and removed the whole thing off the property.
Speaker 4: How long did it take them for the radio station to notice?
Speaker 1: Over three to four weeks till someone actually checked.
Speaker 6: Went up, Wow, whatever we're doing is working.
Speaker 1: But police are investigating the matter, and I just want to be clear and go on record saying, in no way did Jose google the directions to that exact tower or just a bunch of expensive tools made for dismembering steel structures off of Amazon. If he did do that, that was a mere coincidence. I'm trying to show my value to this company. Just a funny guy. I can do stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I feel like it only takes it Alan Wrench.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So congratulations, mystery radio tower thief. You are our criminal of the week.
Speaker 4: Is it still a guessie? They're gonna like try to sell the scrap metal back.
Speaker 1: Up, Let's add it on to the top of our radio tower so our signal stretches all the way across the world.
Speaker 4: That's how it works.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the can hear our shock coming question of the day with the Morning Shows version of a steel Man Tower dig Shake, No dismember you.
Speaker 7: Most listeners probably look at this group of radio vets and think, yikes, they don't seem athletic at all. Oh, I've worked with all of you for years, and I can say definitively that's not.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent true.
Speaker 7: Okay, Like Jose wants throw out a pitch in a minor league baseball game. Yeah, and sure he tore his u of yla and yeah he got winded on the walk back to the dugout.
Speaker 2: Sure, but it was inspiring nonetheless.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they turned you off on that stretcher Man, the whole crowd went wild.
Speaker 7: The Brook actually completed a decathlon last year, doing ten consecutive trips around a Jack in the box drive through while not tipping even once.
Speaker 4: I tipped a lot.
Speaker 7: And Jeffrey, of course, is the only man in medical history to dislocate both of his shoulders just watching a men's gymnastics routine. Oh yeah, and today You're unparalleled athleticism will finally pay off because you're being quizzed on the top twenty most popular sports around the world in another edition of plenty of twenty. Now remember for this game, these are globally popular sports, not necessarily the ones that are biggest here. Okay, and if you hear this sound, I guess the number one answering, you get one free pass on a wrong one. So today we'll start with the very best of the Mountain West Conference. That's Alexis, the Mountain West.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna go with the sport that's big in you know, basically over other country.
Speaker 4: Soccer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you Alexis number one on my list.
Speaker 7: Soccer the most globally popular sports, so you have the silver saved.
Speaker 2: Next up is Jose It's.
Speaker 6: Gotta be up there.
Speaker 3: Let's just go with American football.
Speaker 7: American football number thirteen, globally popular.
Speaker 1: Swift Jeffrey's up.
Speaker 7: Taylor women's volleyball, volleyball number ten on my list. I'm gonna include men's, women's and beach in that number ten.
Speaker 6: Look at their butts too.
Speaker 2: That is fun to look at butts. Brooks up. I'm gonna say Rickets number three on my list.
Speaker 4: Back to Alexis, let me say basketball.
Speaker 7: Basketball number two on my list. One, two, and three, soccer, basketball, cricket. Most popular sports are off of the board. We're back to Jose.
Speaker 3: I have a secret one that I'm hiding that I think is on the list.
Speaker 9: Don't tell I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say baseball.
Speaker 7: Baseball number twelve on my list, just ahead of American football.
Speaker 1: I'm giving Taylor Swift credit for baseball too good all the sports.
Speaker 7: Taylor Swift does sound like a middle reliever. Name Jeffy, You're up next.
Speaker 1: Going back to college, there was a party trick I would do to impress all the sorority girls. And I could juggle four of these in my mouth at once. Give me ping pong balls, Jake.
Speaker 2: Ping pong.
Speaker 7: Table tennis number twenty on the list, Jeffrey, fairly that I'm impressed table tennis made the list.
Speaker 2: I'm more impressed you could fit four in your mouth.
Speaker 4: You know, it wasn't impressed any of those girls.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to think of like the big opens that are all around the world, right like you have the US Open.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna say tennis.
Speaker 2: Ennis number four on my list. We're back to Alexis now.
Speaker 1: We're getting down now. We're getting down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot above that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you got a list?
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, not my thing, but golf.
Speaker 2: Golf number eleven on my list.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say gymnastics, Jake.
Speaker 7: Gymnastics just outside the top twenty. Jose I will tell you there are some Olympic sports on this list, but gymnastics is just outside the top twenty.
Speaker 2: Jeffries up.
Speaker 1: I know in Europe a big sign of masculinity. There is a man who could dominate in the sport of badminton. Give me a badminton on the list.
Speaker 2: Badminton number seventeen on the list.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, Thank you Europe.
Speaker 2: Brook, it's your turn.
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna go with one that I'm loving right now, and that's skiing, snowboarding.
Speaker 7: Winter sports did not make the top twenty. I'm sorry, Brook, We're back to the top of the list. Alexis and Jeffrey.
Speaker 11: Shout out to the Mountain West Track and Field Track and field.
Speaker 1: Number five on my level five because everybody can run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody enjoys watching it. Ye special across. Contrary in the Money Show.
Speaker 2: The final cross the line, I like the one where they get wet steep chain.
Speaker 1: Jeff Well, it's mostly just in my circles back home, but we would enjoy going to the track and watching some horse racing.
Speaker 7: Horse racing did not make the top twenty Jeffrey, just outside of it. Alexis wins today. Sports that you guys missed number six was rugby, very popular in the Southern Hemisphere. Formula one was seven.
Speaker 2: Lots of people that netflix.
Speaker 7: Boxing was eight, ice hockey nine.
Speaker 2: Mixed martial arts was fourteen.
Speaker 7: That's what Moto GP motorcycle racing very popular in Europe.
Speaker 2: Fifteenth. Other Olympic sport you guys missed was swimming. Ah, that was polity of twenty.
Speaker 4: I feel more athletic after it.
Speaker 1: Since Alexis survived the long guest, she gets to choose who gets shocked and somebody wanted to hear All Star by smash Mouth. Who's going to be Alexis. Don't make me juggle ping pong balls in front of you and impressed it. I don't want to see that, all right, I'll sing man. Some Body once told me the world is gonna roll me.
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 1: The shop is tool in the shop. That's her Jacolic question of the.
Speaker 12: Day frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It is no fun having an annoying roommate. Seriously, nobody agrees with that sentiment more than Alexis has complained to us many, many times off the air about how she cannot stand the girl that she currently gets.
Speaker 4: She's my best friend? Why she used air quotes?
Speaker 1: Just what was that word that you used to describe her bestie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was some.
Speaker 1: Other B word I can't remember. But I only bring it up because one of our listeners got stuck with not just one, but a whole houseful of obnoxiously loud dudes. He got so frustrating he had to come up with a diabolical plan to get them to finally chill out. And it's equal parts genius and hilarious.
Speaker 4: Want to pay attention a paper?
Speaker 1: You want to know this, Alexis? When you do a brand new mass speaker coming up? You don't hear me confession, I can't take back o arms mouse speaker that a tex sevent eight five ninety two that says, I work from home and have very little human interaction, but I grew up plants on my desk that I've given names and talked to and thou just one plant of the month for most growth that is humbling to learn a plant gets better work benefits than we get here at the station.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's true. Just wondering what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But you know what, maybe we should give out an award for confession of the month here on the Mass Speaker. Winner gets free Uber rides from Alexis anytime that you want.
Speaker 13: I don't have a car.
Speaker 1: And we have our first candidate on the line right now, who's chosen to go by the name Chris today. So Chris, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Chris, even with a voice changer, you sound down man.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, well I mean no, I'm no.
Speaker 1: Don't let don't let me shame your voice in the first five seconds of you being on our show. I apologize say you sound clinically depressed. Anyway, Chris, voice changer is on, you're the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 14: All right, thank you. I used to live with three.
Speaker 8: Roommates, okay, okay, And when I first moved in, they these guys seem like, you know, they were normal enough. I was just responding to an online ad for an open room.
Speaker 10: And I've done that before. I lived in the basement of two dudes houses house. Yeah, I'm still friends with them. I am not oh friends with them, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: No, I didn't realize how big they were in the partying.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 8: Like I signed a year lease and once they started living there, they threw a few parties like here and there. But after the first three months, it was all the friggin time.
Speaker 4: Oh oh no, that's awful.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 8: It was just really really frustrating for me because I was studying for my master's degree.
Speaker 10: Gosh, oh, not only can you not sleep, but then you can't even come home to a clean house. Did you know there's like pizza boxes and like solo cups everywhere.
Speaker 1: That just sounds kind of fun for me. But if you're setting you're taking from school seriously, then yeah, that would be really difficult.
Speaker 4: He wasn't an undergrad, Okay.
Speaker 8: I needed to be up late doing research coding, and I'd go to go to the bathroom and there'd be you know, vomit in the toilet.
Speaker 4: So Alexis was at the party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, that sucks.
Speaker 8: It was just basically no warning when a party was about to happen.
Speaker 14: They just invite a few people over.
Speaker 8: Then Moore would come in more, and then they trickle it in until there was about, you know, fifty people in the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, we get it. You had the coolest roommates of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I'm smart. I'm getting my masters.
Speaker 3: Where's the bad party?
Speaker 1: That's I mean, what what can you really do though, Chris? I mean you're kind of locked in seriously.
Speaker 8: So I got frustrated and I had to figure out a way to shut this down.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 8: So one of the dude's parents own the house.
Speaker 4: So they're rich boys too. Okay.
Speaker 8: I was getting my master's in data science and machine learning, so I worked a lot with AI. Oh yeah, yeah, So I came up with a plan.
Speaker 14: I kind of a diabolical one.
Speaker 1: That's the only kind that we liked. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, you can't be a hero without a diapholical plan.
Speaker 6: That's how it works, right, It's got to be at least maniacal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was the plan?
Speaker 8: So I use an AI voice cloning program. So I gave my program a sample audio from my roommates It was uploaded from a few of their social media posts to clone their voice.
Speaker 4: I hope we can understand what's going to happen next. I don't feel like we're smart enough in this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was about to play our voices back to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah wait, is this me even talking?
Speaker 6: This is how we get fired. It's like we fire each other.
Speaker 1: So you cloned your roommate's voice.
Speaker 8: Basically, it's a deep faith Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, then what and when the party got too rowdy, I used a burner phone and I called my roommate's parents, the guy who owned the house, who lived like five minutes away.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're rating out.
Speaker 14: Well, I wouldn't rat him out.
Speaker 8: I say, hey, Dad, I need your help.
Speaker 14: I'm out the house. The how water won't work and you can buy a real quick and.
Speaker 3: Take a just get over.
Speaker 1: And this is with your roommate's cloned voice, so he thought he was talking to his son.
Speaker 8: And make it even more diabolical, I would skip the actual ring and send it straight to voicemail.
Speaker 4: Oh oh god.
Speaker 10: So they would come over and shut the party down, just like they were high schoolers all over again.
Speaker 8: They'd get upset, the party would die down. My roommate was so confused, and he was like, what the hell's going on, Dan, what are you doing here? And and his dad would show him the voicemail and I would just sit there listening on the on the backside of my door.
Speaker 10: The roommate would hear his ai deep fake voice played back to.
Speaker 8: Him and he would say, what the hell I didn't even say this, And his father was I.
Speaker 14: Have it right here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 14: Drunk, you don't remember.
Speaker 8: Oh so he got reamed out, Oh that happened like three or four times.
Speaker 1: D You're a genius, dude?
Speaker 4: Did the party stop?
Speaker 8: The parties eventually died down because I don't know if they were getting suspicious, but they moved them to their other friend's house. It was like it was like a fraternity or.
Speaker 1: Something, and they never figured out that you were behind it.
Speaker 14: No one ever ever confronted me about it.
Speaker 4: I take it they weren't getting their master's chapter.
Speaker 1: Majors. Yeah, going on, but like we're cool, right, you have no like problem with us as a show.
Speaker 4: And you're not recording this right yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well everything's recorded these days.
Speaker 1: Oh, we just want to be on your good side, Okay, so anything that you need email. The show will help you out with anything you want. Okay, Bud, you guys are sure you Chris, thanks for coodfesting and text in sevent eighty five nine to two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you our next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's coming up right after this.
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: In today's prank call, we reach out to a woman who's been a store manager at J Crewe for the last few years. She loves her job and her employees, but she's been feeling pressure lately to keep everything running smoothly, and that's gonna be a problem today. Her assistant manager just emailed her while she's on vacation, saying, sorry, staff was low, so I had to do an emergency hire. Oh no, And now she's about to meet her newest employee, Frank aka Clover.
Speaker 4: Oh God.
Speaker 1: In your phone tab right now.
Speaker 12: It's any.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 9: Hello, is this Emma?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Frank?
Speaker 5: I mean, mate's coming, Clover and you're technically my colonel and I'm at your command.
Speaker 13: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: Away in orders boss.
Speaker 13: Could you start again? Who is this me?
Speaker 9: Name's Frank on the new hire here over at J Crew? Did Carsy not tell you about me?
Speaker 13: This is quite bizarre. It's Cathy there. Could you put casting on the line please?
Speaker 9: Negative?
Speaker 5: Actually, CARSI had an emergency, so she left me with the keys to the store because the game. She hired me a few days ago.
Speaker 13: Wait a minute, are you serious right now?
Speaker 5: I'm always serious. Even as a baby, I was trained not to laugh. Okay, parents would say Google, but they never went for Google.
Speaker 13: Are you at the J Crew store right now? Are you on location?
Speaker 9: Affirmative? Carse?
Speaker 5: Your manager? She had an emergency?
Speaker 9: How to leave? I'm the only one that's employed here.
Speaker 13: First of all, Cassi has no hiring ability whatsoever. She's not allowed to hire anybody. So it sounds to me like there's been a complete store emergency and she handed keys to some pacho off the street, no offense.
Speaker 5: She told me that she sent you an email about this.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean she sent me an email mentioning hiring somebody, but she didn't. First of all, I'm on vacation, so I didn't respond to that.
Speaker 5: Second of all, pardon me, May I ask where you're vacationing.
Speaker 13: At I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Actually, let me tell you. Hold on, be quiet, let me hear the backgrounds somewhere warm, I see you. Are you in Marcho?
Speaker 9: Paid you?
Speaker 5: I can recognize a Chilean mountainside.
Speaker 1: In any moment, Okay, And.
Speaker 9: I can tell you what a boy he's are buried too?
Speaker 13: Okay, Okay, this is a lot to take in. Can you just back kept for me a second. If you're at the store right now, is marked there? Or is Devon there? Who else is there with you? Right now?
Speaker 5: I'll have the entire perimeter under control, and it's just me that is actually one I'm calling you.
Speaker 9: I have a couple questions.
Speaker 13: Christ of all, you shouldn't be there alone. If you're a brand new person.
Speaker 5: I'm not alone. Always got my team around me? What always watching? Always ready?
Speaker 17: What does that mean?
Speaker 13: I mean this is scary?
Speaker 5: Well, you've got Jay Crewe. I've always got a crew. You ever heard of I six?
Speaker 13: What are you talking about? I checked your email and he said they would experience.
Speaker 9: Oh I have experience.
Speaker 5: That's why I took the position, especially when I see here you needed a good folder.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we need people to full close that's kind of what the job is.
Speaker 5: I've actually folded up seventeen snow leopard skins in the mountains of Siberia. I had to make my own tents so I wouldn't die drinking my own blood. Oh my god, and I had water with me.
Speaker 13: I don't even know how to respond to that. You need to get out of it right now.
Speaker 5: Would you want me to get out over the store or get out of this display case that I'm currently hiding in? What None of the customers can see me? And that's how I like it. It makes me more comfortable. No, I'm always watching and all they see is a rack of jackets.
Speaker 9: Stop must like Moroccan leather to me.
Speaker 16: And this isn't a spy machine.
Speaker 5: You're stelling clothes, clothes funded by a secret militia fighting rebel pirates off the coast of Johannesburg aka the j Crew.
Speaker 13: Don't you move, don't touch anything frozen. I'm gonna cast somebody. They're gonna come over right now. That's how we're gonna handle this.
Speaker 5: Are you sure they're gonna find me when they show up, because I'll be frozen like a mannequin hidden in plain sun. No, that's how potent missed me twice.
Speaker 18: Don't move, just don't move.
Speaker 9: Someone's coming right now, still.
Speaker 13: Right now, and you're gonna give them the keys. Okay, you give them the keys when they come.
Speaker 5: I can't hun the clees over if I'm frozen and you're told be frozen.
Speaker 9: Oh and also, I'll tell you this is a prank phone call.
Speaker 5: What your assistant manager cars It's gotten really hard to talk.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm just going to stop the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Your assistant manager, Cassie set you up for this.
Speaker 5: She sent you an email saying she heard a guy named Frank, but it's really me.
Speaker 6: This is from B and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, I almost got on a plane. Oh my god.
Speaker 19: I'm so sorry for freaking you out.
Speaker 17: He's fired.
Speaker 5: No, do not fire, Cassie. Actually, you know, funny see, I know someone.
Speaker 9: Who's perfect but a joke.
Speaker 13: Thank you, No, thank you. I don't think I need a over running my store.
Speaker 5: If you know't won't we run in this store? Watern't I just go sabotage Eddie Bawar instead?
Speaker 13: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: The week of every morning was FI Tabs weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: The great Wayne Gretzky. Once you miss one hundred percent of the shots, you.
Speaker 4: Don't take such a good clothes.
Speaker 1: Which is the reason Alexis has never turned down a free melon ball shot. Good work, Alexis, your commitment is impressive.
Speaker 4: He didn't mean literal shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think what Grey really means about missing your shot is Kate, let a good opportunity pass you by because you might never get it again. And it's true in hockey, it's true in your career. It's also true in romance. And that's the reason two of our listeners are willing to take a shot, put their hearts on the line and meet for the very first time right here during a brand new edition of Blind Love Is.
Speaker 4: I do feel like we need to tell Alexis again they're not drunk. I don't know. I think it could help with this.
Speaker 1: We'll see if the sparks fly. Coming up next, well, we're almost to Valentine's Day. It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning, and it's never too early to sell break are, so in preparation, we obviously have to do the most romantic segment in all of radio blind love is just like a Craigslist ad helped to create a romantic connection between two total strangers.
Speaker 4: Sounds like that's the analogy we're going for here.
Speaker 1: Now. It's as close as we can come true love. And we've got a couple listeners on the line right now who've requested second date updates from us before, and it was a situation where the person didn't answer or it wasn't going to work, so we gave them this option instead, and they both agreed to give it a try.
Speaker 4: Right last resort, let's go.
Speaker 1: Their names are Sophia and Patrick. They've never met before. They cannot see each other obviously because it's radio, and they're going to be introduced for the very first time right here to chat and see if they have a natural Valentine's Day style love connection.
Speaker 4: Have no pressure anything, and.
Speaker 1: Remember there is no pressure on us. We need to stay quiet. That's going to be the hard part while they talk to each other, and afterwards we can come back on to discuss to find out if truly blind love is.
Speaker 5: Its just so hard because we get to ask questions and help and do so much during other segments and this one, like we laugh to like chemistry.
Speaker 1: Do we really help during the other segments? I think we do the opposite.
Speaker 4: Talk a lot, but does that's not helpful?
Speaker 1: So we're just gonna let them talk. And since we're pretty close to Valentine's Day here, we're hoping their conversation has something to do with the holiday. That's what we encouraged. But let's go ahead and punch them up. And Patrick, why don't you go ahead say hi to Sophia. We're gonna step away.
Speaker 18: I'm Patrick, as you know, Hi to meet you.
Speaker 3: Patrick.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 20: Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 21: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 13: I'm doing that out.
Speaker 17: I'm a little nervous, but excited.
Speaker 18: Me too, Me too?
Speaker 1: You three?
Speaker 17: Okay, So, because I got a couple of questions that I want to ask you, okay with them?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 17: So the first one is I want to know what your typical weekend is like, like on a lazy Sunday, what do you do? Do you watch Netflix all day? Do you go to the museum or like would you cuddle with what would you do together on a lazy Sunday?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 18: Kind of kind of funny you mentioned museums and cuddling. Actually, I actually got kicked out of a museum for cuddling in there.
Speaker 4: Wait, what.
Speaker 13: Explain?
Speaker 16: How do you get.
Speaker 18: They took an issue with the PDA. You know, I might have taken it a bit far, Okay, and I was drinking too.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 1: It happens at museums a lot.
Speaker 18: So I mean, we just come out of a cocktail lunch date.
Speaker 11: So it sounds like you're at least kind of adventuress.
Speaker 16: So that's that's a good thing.
Speaker 18: I try to be.
Speaker 1: I try to be.
Speaker 18: So speaking of weekends, what romantic activities do you like?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: I thought so a.
Speaker 11: Little things, But recently I've actually got really into baking bread, like soda bread sour doolo, threeouse rolls, multi grain breads, all breads.
Speaker 17: I've been like obsessed with that lately. So that's something I do on the weekends. And I wouldn't mind, you know, doing that with somebody else.
Speaker 18: That sounds really cool. Actually, I think it was months ago I actually tried baking some bread on my own. It was a it was a peanut butter bread. You'll never guess the secret ingredient. It was apple sauce.
Speaker 17: Okay, I've never heard of.
Speaker 18: That, but surprisingly good.
Speaker 17: I'll take your work for it.
Speaker 16: I mean, maybe I'll have to try it.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we could, we could try it together.
Speaker 13: Maybe.
Speaker 1: By the way, if listeners are tuning in, just now, we're in the middle of Blind Love is where Patrick and Sophia are meeting for the very first time on our radio show, seeing if they have a natural love connection.
Speaker 9: In the build up to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: In case people thought it was a recipe swap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to be clear, anyway, pretend like we're not here, We're stepping back away, keep going.
Speaker 18: Patrick, looking back. What's the best Valentine's Day gift you've ever gotten?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, one year ago, my ex arranged this helicopter ride over Las Vegas. Yeah, stop site, landing at sunset. He had a private limo waiting for us. Drove us to that French restaurant that's.
Speaker 17: Inside the top of the Eiffel Tower, looking over the strips, and when we got back to the hotel room, there were rose pedals on the floor spelling out my name in a cursive letters.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow that is.
Speaker 12: I mean.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but you know, you spend money and do things for the people you know you're with and love, so I mean, what would you do for me?
Speaker 18: I mean, I'm I'm more for the emotional connection rather than the rather than the big displays of uh money.
Speaker 21: So do you like Billy?
Speaker 18: What did you just say?
Speaker 1: Chili?
Speaker 18: You know the restaurant?
Speaker 17: I mean sometimes, yeah, I've been there before.
Speaker 20: It's it's all right.
Speaker 18: I mean, you know, things like that get busy. I have a I have a friend who works there. She'd probably hook us up at the table.
Speaker 17: Do you mean, like, like to take me out a date for Valentine's Day?
Speaker 10: Because I don't know.
Speaker 17: Whenever I've gone in there, it's like, not very busy.
Speaker 18: I've been told that dinner rush gets quite busy. If you've never tried their text with cheese paupers, you're missing out.
Speaker 1: They are sane, all right, Okay, speaking of hot food, we're gonna step in on this hot conversation really quick. Let's let's pot Sophia and Patrick down for a second and discuss. Did Cupid just fly into the studio right now or was that just.
Speaker 4: Me the windows.
Speaker 3: On that line?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Was he joking like you can't go from a helicopter ride to Chili's.
Speaker 1: I liked what he said. I thought it was really sincere that he doesn't go for the flashy money spending trying to win someone over.
Speaker 4: There's no thought to that, Jeffrey.
Speaker 10: There's no like, if you're gonna go emotional, you do something sweet still that doesn't cost money. Write a song, make her some poetres You don't.
Speaker 1: Know what he's prepared for her at that Chili's dinner table. Onion in the shape of a heart. That kind of harsh to judge him without actually dating.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 10: I can guarantee that was not the response he wanted to hear from her when he asked the most romantic Valentine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her ex really went all out.
Speaker 6: Yeah romantic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he probably sucks romantic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to make sure to ask her for that guy's number. So yeah, from him. But you know, our job here is to decide if there was a connection, a true Valentine style of connection between Sophia and Patrick.
Speaker 4: To let him keep talking or not, because yeah.
Speaker 1: We have a second segment we could do with them, or we might move on to another couple that might have a stronger connection.
Speaker 4: I think he's more excited about the ex than she was. I'm going to go with no no, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I like them both, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Not together.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, not a lot of support in the room. Shockingly, they have my vote.
Speaker 4: Do they like them?
Speaker 1: You have to remember this is hard to establish connection in just a couple of minutes live on the ratio from all of us and all the listeners. Yeah, I feel like they deserve a little extra time to get to know each other, maybe ask a few more questions. So text in seventy five nine to two if you want to hear more. We're going to come back and continue more. Blind Love is Valentine's Day Future edition right after this. If you're just tuning in, we're in the middle of Blind Love is Valentine's Edition with our listeners Patrick and Sophia, who just met on our show for the very first time, and after part one, we asked for feedback on the textboard seventy five to nine to two about what they thought about them as a couple. It was a virtual tie, was it really? Fifty percent said no, move on? Fifty percent said, come on, Hayters, give love a chance, or at least give it more than just three minutes of talking on the radio. Maybe they could find a Valentine style connection that.
Speaker 4: Way, usually four and a half will do it.
Speaker 1: That's the bare minimum, because look, they're both good people.
Speaker 4: How do we know that.
Speaker 1: They're on the phone right now? Are you're really gonna say our listeners aren't good? Wow? Okay, well, I'm gonna believe that our listeners are good.
Speaker 6: I don't know what, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Get scammed out of money believe this stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say. They don't deserve to be alone on Valentine's Day coming up. So let's try and keep an open mind or whatever other body part brook you want to keep open for love and off the air, we spoke to Sophia. We told her that it was about fifty to fifty on the text board, yeah, and asked are you willing to keep going with Patrick? And she said yes because she's not a cynic like some people in the years, So let's continue.
Speaker 3: That's all the matters is if she wants.
Speaker 1: To keep talking, exactly, it's her choice. So we're going with more blind love is Valentine style. If you don't ship them, they're gonna be alone on Cupid's Birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh okay again, pressure situation.
Speaker 1: Exactly here We go. We are all stepping away one more time, Sophia, I think you're good person. No matter what Brooks says, let's continue, go ahead, keep the conversation going. We're gonna be quiet.
Speaker 16: Okay, you ready for the Patrick?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 17: So my next question would be, say we do hit it off and we become exclusive, who do you think would say I love you first?
Speaker 18: I love you? I mean, I'm always the kind of guy that's always want its heart on its sleeves. Like Wow, okay, I mean that's bold.
Speaker 1: I guess I give you credit for, you.
Speaker 20: Know, being emotionally available.
Speaker 8: Jeez.
Speaker 2: I am an open.
Speaker 1: Book, all right.
Speaker 20: Good to know, very good to know.
Speaker 18: And I have a question for you if you don't mind. Of course, if you could use three words, and only three to describe your most romantic kiss, what would they be?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 16: Okay, indeed, I guess I would have to say thoft, sensual and puffy, puppy, puffy pupa.
Speaker 17: Let me make same because I actually just recently bumped my lip on my shower door, so my lip's a little puffy at the moment.
Speaker 4: That it's hot.
Speaker 1: If you're just tuning in to listen, we're in the middle of Blind Love is Valentine's Edition, Part two, with Sophia and Patrick who are trying to figure out if they have a love connection right here on our show. I know it's getting really hot. Anyway, keep going, you guys.
Speaker 18: Well, I certainly wasn't expecting the word puffy, but you know I like the first two.
Speaker 17: Well, I'm just trying to be honest.
Speaker 20: You know, I'm not always going to be perfect, So sometimes you might have puffy lips that you gotta kiss. You know, you gotta accept to get in the.
Speaker 18: Bad I liked some puff.
Speaker 20: Well good, Okay, So my next question is if we were on the drive to our Valentine's Day date wherever it may be Chili's or whatnot, what romantic song would you be playing.
Speaker 17: In the car?
Speaker 18: Okay, that's a tough one, but I'm a sucker for some classics, and if you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a joker, No, I would go with Rick Astley is never going to give you up, but you're gonna Rick roll me. It's a great song. I swear like it. It's used a lot, but it's huh, you sit down and listen.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 20: Okay, Well, I want you to sing the chorus for me, right now, right now, right now, I want to hear it.
Speaker 21: Woomy.
Speaker 18: Here I'm allowed to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're allowed to.
Speaker 1: We officially sign off on the Rick Assley impersonation.
Speaker 18: Go ahead, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 21: Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye. I'm gonna tell a lie and hurt you.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 17: Did you like it, Sophia, Well, I'm a little disappointed you didn't add my name in there somewhere, but it sounded good and.
Speaker 20: I liked it.
Speaker 18: I'll be sure to find a way to do that on the ride.
Speaker 1: All right. It's at this point we're gonna step back into the conversation here, and I mean, in part two, you gotta admit I feel the connection happened even stronger.
Speaker 4: Jeff, you were right.
Speaker 10: I didn't want to give them another chance, but I think that there's something there.
Speaker 1: I thought the secret ingredient that every couple needs to heal a relationship is a little Rick Astley. So with that being said, Sophia Patrick, we would like to offer to send you guys out on your first official in person date.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is it going to be on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we have a Chili's gift card, so maybe if you could play with that connection, Patrick, get that reservation on the books, we would pay for that date.
Speaker 18: I'm for it, Sophia, what do you think? How about you?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 4: Did her voice get higher?
Speaker 1: We have a successful blind love his congratulations.
Speaker 17: I hope my puffy lip goes down.
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't. Well, who knows what happens to your lips after those Texas cheese poppers go near them?
Speaker 12: But congratulations Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning, the weather man who's going viral for what he subtly snuck into his live TV report, and we have the audio of it. Plus one woman in Canada has a message for all the people in the US, and I'll tell you right now, it's shocking. Every person who shops at Costco is gonna be floored by what she reveals coming up in a brand.
Speaker 4: News shot talking to my people.
Speaker 1: It's happening right after this. Do you hear the rumors that if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl again? Travis Kelcey isn't just gonna announce his retirement. He's gonna take Taylor Swift out to the fifty yard line, drop down to one lee and ask her.
Speaker 8: Will you.
Speaker 1: I hope he does. It's TikTok Click Shock, where we break down the hottest TikTok clips of the past week. We're gonna get right to your first TikTok Click Shock, which is from a woman who has the handle the Zabo Morgan's there's a z in there somewhere. I'll let you figure out where. But her video just went viral and it was based on the trend that's especially popular here in America of people threatening to leave the US and move to Canada with all the political stuff happening, and you know it cost some stuff, you know.
Speaker 4: Like maybe they don't fight as much up there.
Speaker 5: Who wants to move ever, not just to Canada, just like down the streets such a headache.
Speaker 1: Well, Zabo decided to share why that actually might not be a great idea because she is Canadian. Oh okay, listen to what she has to say.
Speaker 4: This is for anyone thinking of moving to Canada.
Speaker 2: Our food prices are outrageous.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 10: We have a pack of drumsticks from Costco two hundred and two dollars for this pack or two.
Speaker 4: Hundred and twenty four for this one.
Speaker 2: Moral of the story don't move here.
Speaker 4: So wait she live up the Arctic circles. Out shot.
Speaker 1: I think that if you missed it, Canadian woman went to Costco for a pack of chicken drumsticks and you know at Costco they give you a lot, but still two hundred and two dollars for one package.
Speaker 4: That's not I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Apparently, food prices in Canada are astronomical because of how much money it costs to ship food there. Oh well, way more expensive to buy food in Canada than in the US. I personally think Canada should just move closer to the food and then probably saw so You're welcome Canada. Okay, that was a TikTok click shot. Your next TikTok click shot is from a California influencer named Tina Najar who goes by the user name tinks okay gi NX. She got over one and a half million followers and her latest video just got over a million views. Slightly controversial because she has an opinion on who she thinks should pay for birthday dinners and Alexis, I know you do lots of birthday weekends and weeks with your friends where you go out and celebrate. So after this, I want to hear what you think.
Speaker 15: Okay, Okay, my opinion that if you invite people to a restaurant of your choosing for your birthday, you should pay for everybody. I know that's going to be deeply unpopular, but I just think that you can't pick a restaurant and ask people to come and celebrate you and pay for themselves. And in some friend groups it's even expected that you split the cost of the birthday person too. If I invite a group of people somewhere to celebrate me, that's my treat because I organize it and I'm asking them to come.
Speaker 1: Alexa scale of one to ten, How strongly do you agree?
Speaker 11: And now I was in high school and my mom would pay for me and all my friends, and I agree.
Speaker 4: With that now that I'm older, now that you have to pay exactly.
Speaker 10: Know, I just went out with a friend and we went to a fancy steakhouse for his birthday and he paid for everyone, and it felt it felt so wrong. Yeah, yes, I wanted.
Speaker 4: To take care of his bill more than anything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was like in this situation right now, I want to have this huge get together for my birthday.
Speaker 6: It's very expensive, and I.
Speaker 3: Think I've come to the conclusion I'm just gonna have to pay for it and.
Speaker 1: Doesn't treat all my You should pay for stuff on your birthday so that the spotlight is on you if someone else pays. All of a sudden, Oh wow, shared's the hero now of Brooks birthday. I didn't think the spotlight.
Speaker 10: Is this why you don't have birthday parties because you don't like to pay for anyone else?
Speaker 1: Jeffrey no comment on that, but the most popular comment on that video, with twelve thousand likes, said, this is actually proper etiquette. But I find the younger generations don't like to abide by this.
Speaker 6: It's funny because that's Alexis.
Speaker 3: Didn't like you.
Speaker 4: I do it as a kid, but not my yeah, age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go bankrupt for your birthday, Alexis, give it a try.
Speaker 4: We'd all be at mcdold. If you want me to pay for everyone, do it.
Speaker 1: That was that's a TikTok click shot in your final wait TikTok click shot is from a Houston weatherman named Adam Krueger who goes by the handle weather Adam. He's pretty popular online, got close to two million followers on his TikTok Guy, and he's famous for sneaking in song lyrics two years weather reports.
Speaker 5: But it's really cool, so like he'll sing a song in his car, you get to see it and then you expect.
Speaker 8: The next day.
Speaker 10: So he does the process of like you get to see his whole process on his TikTok okay and.
Speaker 1: A lot of people will send requests in to what they want to hear. And this week, in honor of the Big Game coming up, he decided to drop in some lines from the song Karma by Taylor Swift. So let's hear how he did it.
Speaker 19: Rain departing today, it's back and dry weather, but that rain chance it's coming back around tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 19: As far as river flooding, there's not much you can do to mitigate that, but when it comes to street flooding, the.
Speaker 1: Storm drains are crucial.
Speaker 6: They need to be free of debris.
Speaker 19: That's why I keep my side of the street cleanse those leaves and acorns don't really get into the storm drains, a long last round of rain coming our way.
Speaker 6: But I think after this wet week, we've earned.
Speaker 1: Some good karma.
Speaker 19: And in this case, karma is the breeze in my hair on the weekend. That front brings a dry breeze on Saturday. All week we had to think about planning our day around the rain. Now we can't relax. Karma's a relaxing thought, right, That is?
Speaker 1: Talent is great. Will how come you never did that in your weather reports when you would do it for the station.
Speaker 10: Mind are like five seconds long and kind of like a throwaway, you know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's people who tuned in just to hear your weather reports.
Speaker 4: Let's go to your phone.
Speaker 10: Nobody does that report.
Speaker 4: It's all on your phone.
Speaker 3: There's some young radio.
Speaker 10: It's like radio people who give time, like we know what time it is.
Speaker 4: You don't need to waste your energy telling us what time it is.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's the dumbest thing.
Speaker 1: Music on the radio, Boom, don't even listen to that. You can get podcasts.
Speaker 10: I guarantee that a majority of our listeners agree with you on the music aspect.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, Well we've officially lost everybody because they've gone to listen to podcasts and look at their phones.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: So those were your TikTok.
Speaker 12: Shot stories for the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, over a decade ago. The date was ten ten ten oh.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because today we have a player on the phone named Kay whose all time record against Brook is ten ten and ten ten wins, ten losses, and ten ties.
Speaker 4: He played this thirty times.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was here back like when you were originally starting in just sixty three years old, Brook, and she's still listening to this day, says she's tying you a lot though late. Yeah, okay, welcome back.
Speaker 18: I thank you.
Speaker 4: What's your secret to getting through on the phone lines?
Speaker 17: K are you guys are like one of my favorite numbers or whatever?
Speaker 18: So I can just call in really quickly?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay. People always ask me. I'm like, I don't know, I don't call us.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm already here. I want to get another tally into the wind column today, sok Is it cool of jose Smack talks Brooke for you just to get into her head a little bit? Yes, okay, go ahead, jose Brook.
Speaker 6: One day, your kids are gonna move and they're never gonna call you.
Speaker 1: A textas keep it.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna smack talk me, not devastate me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Okay, I think it was highly effective. Now let some Brook out of the studio to go cry damn, I apologize. Now leaves thinks about her future and how lonely it's gonna be. We're gonna go over the room really quick. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat her outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 14: Kay?
Speaker 11: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Your time starts now. On this day. In eighteen fifty one, Portland, organ was officially incorporated. It's known as the city of what.
Speaker 13: Roses.
Speaker 1: How many states share a border with Mexico. Three? What organ in the human body is the lightest with the liver? Flaming hot and purple thunder are flavors of what soft drink?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, has jellyfisher made up of what percentage of water? Ninety five or one hundred percent? All right? K done? Like a true veteran of sord the I mean they are difficult but you're a pro. You've been here before, and we did ask you before you came on about your Valentine's Day. Kay said, she's a little bit indifferent towards the holiday. She's just gonna have her eleven year old over and their grandma's and are going to do a Valentine's Day dinner.
Speaker 4: Is your eleven year old lived by themselves that you always with just sound like he had an apartment down the street.
Speaker 1: Very successful.
Speaker 6: I thought you would do it up more, Kay, I mean, this is your holiday. Every kiss begins with k.
Speaker 8: Im.
Speaker 4: Sure she's never heard that before.
Speaker 18: They never ever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you did?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 1: They should put them like a commercial or something that would be smart. Should admit that.
Speaker 4: We should not say that unless we're getting paid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, actually.
Speaker 3: We make it suit for that.
Speaker 1: Kay is a legal assistant, She's probably the right person to ask. Can we be sued for that?
Speaker 17: K I can have you consult with my copyright attorney.
Speaker 6: Okay, jokes on you.
Speaker 1: The RADYO station's basically bankruptcy, Brooks the turn you're reading, Yeah, your time starts now on this day. In eighteen fifty one, Portland, Oregon was officially incorporated It's known as the city of what bridges how many states share a border with Mexico.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 1: What organ in the human body is.
Speaker 4: The lightest lungs?
Speaker 1: Flaming hot and purple thunder are flavors of what soft drink, Mountain dew, jellyfish are made up of. What percentage of water ninety five or one hundred percent?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: The man in the yellow hat is character from what children's She came with fire today, k. But let's go to the scoreboard and see how you did with Jose.
Speaker 6: I love being a bonner. Kay, you got to correct today.
Speaker 3: It was a tough Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't feel super confident, Kase.
Speaker 6: Russians were not easy, brok Uh huh. Took you a while to get on track. You did get the first couple wrong, yeah, and ended.
Speaker 4: With yes three add another digit to that last the middle.
Speaker 1: It's ten, eleven and ten. Now all time for k Dang, It's okay. You'll have plenty of other chances to beat her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll always get you.
Speaker 4: In your I feel like at this point K and I should just call each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have your cell phone.
Speaker 1: Let's go over the answers. On this day. In eighteen fifty one, Portland, Oregon, became officially incorporated. It is the city of Roses. You lived in Portland? What's going on? There are four states that share a border with Mexico, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and California. The lungs are the lightest organ in the human body. Together, both lungs weigh two point two pounds. Flaming hot and purple thunder our flavors of mountain dew jellyfish are made up of ninety five percent water. The man in the yellow hat is a character from Curious George. Okay, unfortunately it wasn't enough to beat Brook here. But just for playing you do win a pair of tickets to the Seattle Home and Garden Show, coming to lumin Field Events Center February twenty seconds to the twenty fifth, with hundreds of exhibitors and experts sharing fresh ideas for your home decor, design and remodeling.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, yay kay? Are you going to call back at some point in a month? In a month? Oh yeah, you gotta wait. Okay, you gotta wait a month.
Speaker 1: So to sue us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, case spending.
Speaker 4: Every case begins.
Speaker 1: With okay, pleasure having you on, come back and do it again. We're gonna do Windbrooks Black the same time tomorrow
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning