Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all, don't given the.
Speaker 1: Black bus busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to.
Speaker 1: Show to.
Speaker 4: Want to joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joy, you know you.
Speaker 3: Gotta turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: Go to turn the mouth the turn.
Speaker 3: You probably got to turn the mouth mouth water the monk.
Speaker 2: Come come on, you think, uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, one and only. Steve Harvey got a radio show. You know this week I just been on it, So today is no different. I'm telling you, I've just reinvigorated myself. I'm more determined to share the principles of success. I'm more determined to help and guide and teach as many people as I can the things that I've learned.
Speaker 2: And I mean, man, I've been through it. I have really been through it. I kid you not.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I used to say, Okay, God, you know, why is all this happening to me? But as I've gotten older, I understand that was the ingredients. I needed the ingredients to be this cake. I needed all those ingredients stirred up. I need all of that different flavors the stuff that I didn't think tastes so good. All that stuff had to come into the bowl in order for me to get to where I am today. As much as I did not like the taste of the ingredients, little did I know God was making this cake, not me. But what he did was and you've heard the old saying God could turn lemons into lemonade, Well that's what he was doing now. At the time, it all had a little funky lemonade lemony flavor to it, with some other stuff in it too.
Speaker 2: I didn't care for it.
Speaker 6: But little did I know that I needed everything that happened to me, that happened to me in the exact order that it happened, and the exact array of things that happened for me to have the knowledge I have today, the experience, the attitude, so I could turn around and share that information. Okay, got that out the way. This is what I want to give to you today. I want you to understand something that discipline determined your destiny, not your desire. Discipline determines your destiny, not your desire. You've heard me say this how many times.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go again, Steve, I got it. Faith without works is dead. But let me tell you something. To be a hard worker, you got to be disciplined. That's one of the hardest lessons I'm trying to get through to my sons. You're gonna throw yourself down a cliff if you're not a young man or a man that possesses discipline. Because they got something for undisciplined people. They got some street laws for undisciplined people, and they got some federal laws and state laws for undisciplined people. So that's why them signs is outside on the freeway, We're gonna let you go fast, but seventy is the limit.
Speaker 2: Seventy fast enough.
Speaker 6: Really, if you're disciplined enough of a person to leave your house at the time you're supposed to leave your house, seventy miles per hour, well is absolutely enough. But if you're an undisciplined person, if you don't have the wherewithal to leave your house on time, to get ready to go where you wanna go, see the desires where you wanna go, the discipline is how you get there.
Speaker 2: You understand, you can wanna go to see your family.
Speaker 6: In California all you want, but the flight leaves at one eighteen.
Speaker 2: You leave your house at twelve thirty.
Speaker 6: They told you you must check in one hour before your flight. Now, if you ain't got the discipline to get to the airport to check in one hour before your flight, leaving your house forty five minutes before the flight departs, what you think gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Your desire to go see your family in la.
Speaker 6: Is going to be thwarted because you lack the discipline to prepare yourself and get yourself ready to do the things that you have to do to make your desires come true. Telling tell you discipline determines your destiny, not your desire. You can write down a list of stuff you wanna do all day, but if you don't produce and show the discipline necessary to get there, what you think gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 6: Okay, I wanna be rich. Okay, I wanna make four hundred thousand a year. Okay, I wanna be the best player that they is. Okay, but you don't want practice. See the cat that's disciplined enough to show up at practice, that's shooting jumpers when everybody gone home. That's the guy that's gonna be the best. The guy that's never late for practice, the guy to study the playbook. That's the guy that's gonna make it, not the guy that's talking crack, got stalking that smack. I'm gonna make the Pro Bowl, I'm gonna make the All Star Team, I'm gonna be All American. That's just what you're saying. But discipline determines your destiny, not your desire. So now let's talk about this discipline. What is that, really, Steve.
Speaker 2: That's your work ethic, that's your hunger, that's your wheel.
Speaker 6: Discipline is how hard you're willing to demonstrate the attributes and the traits to be what you want to be.
Speaker 2: Did you hear me?
Speaker 6: It is your willingness to conduct yourself in a manner that is above and beyond what they say is necessary.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a good example right here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: You can wanna be in the NFL all you want, but they got this thing called the NFL Combines where they bring in some of the top players at every position to come in and they gonna run a forty yard dash, They're gonna do a standing broad jump, they're gonna do a standing vertical leap, they gonna do drills.
Speaker 2: Running drills, cutting drills.
Speaker 6: They can determine if a lineback of gods stiff hips by making him backpedal, point him in one direction and throw the football in another direction. How does he turn his body? Now you can say you can tell everybody at your college you want to play pro football. You can tell everybody at your high school. You can tell them in pee wee you wanna play pro football. But they got tests for you though. It's called the combines. Now you get out here and you have a bad combine day, ain't nobody trying to hear that. Let me tell you how excuses don't work with people when they just trying to get when they trying to win in the NFL.
Speaker 2: The fact that you had a bad day at the.
Speaker 6: Combine and you don't run your best forties and you keep telling them you could do better, they don't want to hear that. Because see, what ain't nobody gonna pay you for is to play on Sunday. And that's one of your bad days. We paying you to play on Sundays. But because you keep having these bad days, because you ain't disciplined enough to put in the work to make sure that your maximum can be called upon at any time. Now you at the combine with some slow times that go on your record, you had to combine. You don't jump as high as you did when you was at the gym class. Well, hold up, man, this is show day now in the NFL. Sunday is show day. What they can't run the risk of is paying you your money and your bad day happen to be on Sundays after we do to cut your check. No, no, no, We looking for people who limit them bad days, who got the discipline to work hard, to make an effort for it. You understand what I'm saying to your folks. Please understand this. Discipline determines your destiny, not your desire. If you can want it all you want, But if you ain't working, if you ain't grinding, if you ain't hurting, if you ain't sweating real bad, if you always somewhere, got to chill, You got to have a cold one, you got to smoke one, You got to do all them things. Can I tell you something you ain't gonna make it?
Speaker 2: Discipline determines your destiny, not your desire.
Speaker 6: You're listening, ladies and gentlemen. I don't believe it, but here it is again that God that done it again a new day.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And guess what he gave it to you again? Wow?
Speaker 6: Do you understand that? And I'm telling you so, I'm gonna tell you something. No matter how many times I say it, it registers the exact same way with me. As a matter of fact, it does feel even a little bit more special when I do say it sometimes because I really think of the magnitude of what God is doing for us when he wakes us up every single day, when He.
Speaker 2: Allows you to still be here again, when you have heard.
Speaker 6: Time after time after time somebody you know who's not here, how you've heard of just in the news, somebody who is no longer here.
Speaker 2: Man. I appreciate it. I appreciate it now. We all got to do it. But I ain't never heard nobody talk about the dying. Not yet.
Speaker 6: I've heard a lot of the benefits of living. So I'm grateful for the living part of my life. You should be too, Ladies and gentlemen. Steve Harvey, Mortishoe, Chary Strapberry, Colin Farrell, Mississippi, Monica Junior and the legend that is Nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 2: What is it today?
Speaker 8: Man, Yeah, we're under pressure again. It's six days to Valentine. Do anybody have any idea what these women won't.
Speaker 2: Again this year?
Speaker 9: Jum, we know we're doing this year? Is it another is it another gift we got to get now?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 9: Is it another dealer?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 11: What do we have?
Speaker 1: Godly man?
Speaker 9: This is all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah hah.
Speaker 8: And the problem is because I can't figure out what to do now. I thought I was amazing the last time around Christmas. I that went away, that's gone, that ain't hid no more. Her birthday just passed all. I thought that was great. Now here we are Valentine's again. Yeah, oh man, I'm gonna have to come up with something. Then I got an idea though. If y'all want to hit, I give it to you. Go ahead, And I got this best one I got so far.
Speaker 2: Let me hear it.
Speaker 9: Okay, you know it's on the winds.
Speaker 6: Let me say this before you say that. I'm gonna listen to you as if I was thirty eight.
Speaker 8: Okay, here we go. She come home from work. Okay, I got rolls, petals leading the path. You know, I'm gonna have a chef come in, make this little dinner.
Speaker 2: Leading the path to where to the kitchen and then.
Speaker 8: To the living room. It's gonna be a roll pack. Just follow the path. It's gonna get you something to eat, and you're gonna go on into the living room. I got candles lit, you know, I got everything set up. I got a little box of candy for you, you know. And then I got the remote and I'm gonna go on there. I'm gonna hit Prime. We're gonna watch the Color Purple. Look at that boy, it's on Prime. We're gonna watch the Color Purple, and we're gonna have We're gonna have us a beautiful time with loaded it.
Speaker 9: You're gonna feel like we're in the movie theater. It's gonna feel good because all head.
Speaker 8: Is there, you know, all her juju bes is there. Huh.
Speaker 6: So you got all the rolls, pedals on the ground, all these candles, this low lit, this ambios big, and then y'all fit to watch Color Purple.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I thought the movie about a man abusing a walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh, go across the room. At what point is you gonna hold her close?
Speaker 1: They singing this one.
Speaker 9: I ain't seen this one yet.
Speaker 2: But the abuse is that Yes, oh it's that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do that and let us know how it go.
Speaker 12: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew if he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for us nept today?
Speaker 13: This right here is Valentine's gift card. Valentine's gift card. You know I put a little too much in there.
Speaker 7: You get it?
Speaker 2: Here there's Valentine's gift card.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm trying to reach Bryce.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this's Brice.
Speaker 2: Hey Bryce, how you doing, man? My name is Alvin bro. How you doing today?
Speaker 11: I'm good man. What's up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: Listen? I know you you you're married Trisha, Ja Tricia right, Trisa?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 13: Like I said, yeah, my name is Alvin, and I'm just trying to make sure I got the right person, man, because you you have black half white right from what I understand.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm half like who who the prinsdas? Why why are you asking me questions? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, everything's cool, man, everything's cool, uh, Trish, So check this out, man.
Speaker 11: Okay, listen to say. I'm at work, man, say what you need to say? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, I actually dently I said.
Speaker 13: I said, tricer some flowers for Valentine's They gonna get there on Friday. But I accidentally put a you know, I ordered a gift card along with it, and they put this gift card in Tricia's gift bag. And really that's that gift card should really be for my wife. And I was trying to see it. Maybe if you get to the gift bag before, maybe you could get it out for me so I could get that gift card.
Speaker 11: Ooh oh okay, So you said you said my wife flowers for Valentine's Day? Right, do you know what I'm saying? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But that's not the key. The key is is that it's a gift card.
Speaker 11: In there that I need, you know, and that's been accidentally saying a gift card to my wife. You just want the flowers to go to Earth, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I said the flowers.
Speaker 11: Man, Yeah, no problem, No, Yeah, that's cool man, I'm said, this happens, and we make mistakes all the time. How about this, how about you come out over and I will be more than happy to give you the gift card, because I'm sure you know if you're saying with the flowers all, I'll just have to hand those a gift card over to you and probably a nice uh speating to you. Stupid Why enough would you ever call me about this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: And I didn't expect all this hospitale an hostility, hey brouh all. I'm trying to do is like I said.
Speaker 11: At Brock, What do you mean you're doing? You didn't think there's gonna be hostile? You send my flowers? But how do you even know my way? How do you know Tresh? How do you know?
Speaker 2: Tresh? I work in I work in the building with that Trish works in.
Speaker 7: You work with her? Okay, good, I don't work.
Speaker 13: I don't work with her. I don't work for her company at all. But my my, you know, my floor is on a different floor. I work in a different company, but she works she works in the same building. So yeah, dude, I'm just trying to get the gift card.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I ain't even trying to trip, dude, I ain't so. Uh.
Speaker 11: Let me so, you sent some flowers. When the flower is going to be here? What time the flowers supposed to be here?
Speaker 13: The flowers getting there sometimes Friday, I'm all Valentine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 7: Okay, good?
Speaker 11: Good? So how about you come down here on Friday? Okay? And uh, I will give the flowers the trash, and I will give you the gift cards. And you mentioned if I was half black or half white, and I'm I'll go ahead and let you know that both sides are gonna feature mother, because you got to be the most ignorant mother I've ever met.
Speaker 2: In my gut.
Speaker 11: I'm like, I don't care if you're green, blue, yellow, lavender, I don't know what the you are, but you are the dumbest piece of sh I've ever met. You come here Friday. You come here and you get your wife will get her great gift card, and my wife will get your flowers and everybody's gonna be happy.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, what's what's all this about? Man? Okay?
Speaker 11: So have you gone an hour? Trans you guys wanting for lunch or you know, maybe a movie or I mean how how much time have you spent with my wife?
Speaker 2: Ain't I ain't. I ain't spend no time with her?
Speaker 11: Why you sat hering that? What you mean you ain't spend no time with her? How you you seem to know all about her? You haven't gone out one time with my wife?
Speaker 2: No, I ain't one.
Speaker 11: So you just have a crush on my wife? Is that what you're trying to say? You you just actually sent them both to her? Is that what's called?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 13: I didn't actually dently send the flowers. I send them because I wanted her to have. She's a pretty she's a pretty lady. I wanted her to have the flowers, but I didn't want her to but I didn't want her to have my wife's gift card?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 11: What did you think I was gonna be there?
Speaker 7: How did you think?
Speaker 11: How did the in your fing crazy bus mine? Did you think this this was gonna be?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: What if I called you right now? I'm like, hey, I set your wife, Uh, can you send it back to me? How would you feel if I did the same to you?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean you're talking about something different from flowers, and that's same. That sounds like a little bit offensive.
Speaker 11: Don't you think, Oh oh, that's a friend. Yeah, man, you know, I'm sorry Albert.
Speaker 2: You're is Albert is not Albert Alvin. It's Alvin. Man, it's Alvi.
Speaker 11: I don't give us what it is. Alvin. Come see me on Friday. I'm gonna have your gift card. I'm super excited to meet you. This is this is gonna be the best Valentine's Day of my life. Come visit me. He sent the flowers to the.
Speaker 2: House, right, I got to address that. Tommy gave me.
Speaker 11: Who the is Tommy?
Speaker 2: He the one gave me the address.
Speaker 11: He the one told me, Tommy, Come, how about you and Tommy come over to the house. It's we'll have a we'll have a guys man, I'll put it on a game, gonna have some prettel. Why don't you folk come over here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: But why wow?
Speaker 1: Why wow?
Speaker 13: Are the hostility when somebody's showing your wife some loved dude?
Speaker 11: No, there's no hostility whatsoever. That you hear hostile? I just invited you and your boy Timmy to come to my house. That's not hostiles. I'm being hospitable. That's what it is. It's hospitable. Come see me, come see me.
Speaker 13: Okay, So let me ask you something. Man, don't you take don't you drop Trish off to work every morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I do what I do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: Now, like when y'all when y'all riding to work, ain't y'all listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: This is not the sea Harry Blow.
Speaker 2: This is Nephew till me. Baby.
Speaker 13: Come on, Bryce, this is Nephew tied me from the Steve Harvey morn Show. Your wife Trish got me to pray phone call you hold run bro.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's no way. Oh now I'm back. I'm again. I'm going through so many emotions.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I am boily Holy, she's gonna pay for this one.
Speaker 13: You got to tell me, Bryce, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 11: The Mother Steve.
Speaker 1: And there you have it, Happy Valcie's Day, Bryce Bright.
Speaker 13: And black Hand White black Side was gonna jump on me, you know right, I'll be back in another hour and I will be just as stupid, just as ignorant.
Speaker 2: So don't go nowhere.
Speaker 12: We know thinking if you coming up next to is asked the c l O, our chief love officers.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hardy Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: In entertainment news, Kansas City chief starts Ravis Kelsey has responded to the backlash surrounding his spade cut. Jesse Smolette appears in Illinois Supreme Court and Mississippi auditor Shad Wright says x NFL quarterback Brett farre must repay interest on the miss misspent welfare money.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: All of these.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well they're saying misspent.
Speaker 9: Okay, you thought we forgot let me forget it.
Speaker 12: We'll talk about it at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the CLO.
Speaker 1: This one's from Drea and Lansing.
Speaker 12: Drea says, my husband is on antibiotics and he told me it was for toothache.
Speaker 1: Our dentist is.
Speaker 12: My cousin, so I called him to fish for information. He didn't mention my husband coming to see him. My husband said he has a new dentist, but he couldn't tell me who he's hiding something.
Speaker 1: What are the anti biotics? Four? Really? Four?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Well what you got, Well, let's go over couple let's let's just play. Let's rule out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, high.
Speaker 2: Blood pressure, that's not anybody horses.
Speaker 1: No, I don't see that.
Speaker 2: Oh shangles.
Speaker 1: It's shangles, and I don't think so because you said that.
Speaker 2: If you digging it burning, I bet they don't be a shingle.
Speaker 1: Whoah off.
Speaker 6: Oh, let's see toothache, that's what he says. Yeah, you don't take antibiotics for a toothache.
Speaker 7: Work.
Speaker 2: If you've had some pain.
Speaker 1: But infected infect you can be.
Speaker 6: In fact, we have what antibodys is for infects. Shunts, he got some, he.
Speaker 1: Got a new dentist and everything.
Speaker 2: Now, let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: If it's penasilla, prepare yourself for some shocking.
Speaker 2: You don't even hear that. No more sh all right, so hmm, that's just it. Sure ain't no more question.
Speaker 12: Okay, We're moving on to Kendrick in Albany. Kendrick says, I'm blessed to have my dad acting as a strong role model for my son, but I feel left out when they hang out and do things without me. I want to be included, but my dad says, it's men's business.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with me hanging out with them.
Speaker 6: See late, make up your mind now if you want your if you appreciate your father being a role model for your boy, then let him do that. You can't go to that kind of stuff. The bonding is between him and the man. Your son is gonna emulate one of two people. He's gonna either be a good man or a bad man. Your father seems to be a good man. Let them have that time. Why you got to be in that too? Quit baby in the damn boy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Let him go somewhere and learn something on his own, because it's stuff that men do when y'all ain't around, and we'n't tell you about that.
Speaker 2: We pass on, okay, can't you damn business?
Speaker 1: I think women do the same thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're different around her, around each other than we are, right, I get that.
Speaker 2: I guess it's the freedom you have with one of those. Yeah, and you gotta let that happen. Man, leave that is long, Get out to Wade's.
Speaker 1: You have to be mad about it.
Speaker 2: Why can't I go hang out? Because you ain't a man?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 12: Moving on to Aliah in Chicago, Leah writes, I had company and my boyfriend popped up at my apartment, It was a female friend helping me organize a closet, and I didn't let my boyfriend come in because he didn't call before he came. Should I let him continue to think I had a male visitor?
Speaker 2: Ok?
Speaker 6: Why don't you just tell him why you don't let him come over? Yeah, listen to me. Don't play these games. That's stuff. Back five, that's right. Just say, Look, you didn't call before you came over. That's what I'm letting in. But the friend I had over was actually a girl, and she was helping me clean out my closet. We was having some We was drinking wine, having a good time. That's why I didn't let you in. Please don't come over without calling. It's net every right to set the rules you want. But you sid talking about sh I continue to let him think. It wasn't man, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to do that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why would you want to create this truck?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, crazy?
Speaker 6: You ain't that fine? I'm telling you we don't care how fine you are. Once we don't trust your.
Speaker 9: Thanks the man?
Speaker 12: Oh wow, yeah, that's not a good look. But why is he popping over her house?
Speaker 2: He probably called much?
Speaker 6: Oh he called and probably he probably insecure and then you don't want Yeah, yeah, sometimes feel and just hit.
Speaker 1: You insecure, let me over. Yeah all right.
Speaker 12: Last one, Steve, This is from Doornice Dornise in Little Rock. Jurnee says, my husband does all the cooking, but he is on a he's on a crazy diet, so the meals he's made lately are very bland. I'm five four and one hundred and twenty five pounds. I don't have a weight problem, so I pick up food before I get home. He said, I don't support him.
Speaker 14: Do I have to?
Speaker 2: But you know, if you don't like what he cooking, you know, nobody cooking up like.
Speaker 6: I've always supported Shirley in her Endeava's business efforts and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna eat Shirley cooking.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do it whatever, man, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not gonna do here because she done came in here with some dishes. Nobody eat no steak in, no damn crock pie.
Speaker 3: It was lamb by the way, damn All the time we thought, wow, yes I ain't perish years ago, and you ain't cooked since.
Speaker 6: So now this next dish, what that's gonna be no, lady, you don't have to support that. You want to need something regular, You don't have a way problem. You can support him by encouraging him eat, you buy the food on the way. You know, just encourage him. You don't have to participate hat.
Speaker 1: But you know it might be hard for him.
Speaker 12: She's sitting up there eating her you know, big mac or whatever she's eating in front of this.
Speaker 2: Here's what you got.
Speaker 6: You know, when they write these letters, you got to see what's not in the letter. He said, I'm f five for one. I don't have a weight problem. My husband got on this really strict die fat boy and set up there and picked up all this weight. Now he gotta eat, damn mear nothing like see. He can't have seized it. His fat ass got high blood weight. He'd have tried everything. Weight watching. Weightwatching didn't work. He didn't counted points. He always over you know, you sposting thirty four points this meal, he up seventy eighty points.
Speaker 2: He'm talking about he he gonna skip the day. Zoomed and told him quick calling. You know what I'm saying. We can't help you, all right, Clo.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, We'll have some entertainment neares for you right after this you're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: We previously told you about Kansas City Chiefs football star Travis Kelce's backlash surrounding his fade cut well. According to People dot com, during a pre Super Bowl press conference, Travis addressed the issue that sparked the news outlet report on the surging popularity of his cut by calling it the Travis Kelsey cut. The story was met with social media backlash for failing to address the styles origin within of course the black culture.
Speaker 1: Take a listen. That was ridiculous, man, It's absolutely ridiculous. And to do it, and to do it on February first, to throw media the wolves like that, that was messed up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't want anything to do with that one.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: I got a good fade if you need it, though.
Speaker 2: It's a two on top, a nice high to mid faye with a taper in the back. But I didn't invent that. I just asked for first.
Speaker 6: And he who for saying it that way, because he didn't go out and say he invented this. The media picked it up, The.
Speaker 1: New York Times Kelsey cut, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: That dude say I didn't invent nothing, I just got it.
Speaker 14: Fast.
Speaker 2: For it over to the woolves Old February first, the.
Speaker 12: First day he wanted it was good and other entertainment news. This is according to TMZ. Jesse Smalllett told the Illinois Supreme Court a deal is a deal and he should never have been charged and prosecuted a second time over his twenty nineteen hate crime hoax. Jesse claims after he was first indicted, the Illinois state attorney offered him a deal do community service forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago. Jesse says the reason he was indicted a second time is because a special prosecutor quote gave in to public outcry. Jusse argues filing the case a second time amounts to double jeopardy. And we also remember when the Olsendaro brothers came forward and testified against Jesse, saying that he had paid them to orchestrate this whole attack. Jusse was convicted of five felonies related to the fake attack and sentenced to serve one hundred and fifty days. He served six and was released pending appeal. It is likely that it will be several months before any ruling is handed down.
Speaker 2: So there you know what he's actually correct? Is he a deal? Is a deal?
Speaker 6: If y'all get a dude the deal and he take a deal that he do the community service, and he takes the probation, he take all the particulars he do six you, then that's it.
Speaker 2: You can't come back and go we're gonna retry you. That is w diddler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, No, I don't agree with what he did, but y'all cut the deal so you can get the conviction. Now you want to double down because you're a special prosecute.
Speaker 2: That ain't right, hoaxes. Y'all, Look it's over with really, come on, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've moved on. Yeah, deal really ain't. Nobody died. It was shocking more than anything.
Speaker 2: It was a subway sandwich.
Speaker 9: Just won't let that go to.
Speaker 11: The house.
Speaker 2: That's a really good subway commercial.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: If you but you know, a sandwich so good you could get hung for it.
Speaker 1: We're moving on. Thank you for that segue, because we are moving on right here.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 12: Mississippi State auditor Shad White filed court paperwork against Exit n IF quarterback Brett Farv on Monday, alleging that Farv still owes the state nearly seven hundred and thirty thousand dollars in interest. This is all connected to the over one hundred million dollars in welfare money that was improperly spent on personal projects. Farv directed welfare designated funds to go toward a volleyball court for his alma mater, the University of Southern Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Where his daughter played volleyball. Farv already paid the.
Speaker 12: State of Mississippi one point one million and two payments, and he has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and has not been criminally charged.
Speaker 1: How is this not wrong? Though?
Speaker 2: If you paid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is this not wrong?
Speaker 9: So he stole the money, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not saying the word stole. Yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 6: In this country, they have created loopholes, and the reason they're not convicting him is because he jumped through one of them. He took some welfare funds who you would think would be for the benefit of the less fortune in the state of Mississippi, found a way to make it look like this school was suffering from some type of misfortune because his daughter and to found a way to funnel that money into the volleyball program.
Speaker 2: And that's the loophole he jumped through.
Speaker 6: And the way they worded it in the grant or all that to get the money made it sid They legally just did it just right.
Speaker 2: And there's a loophole for everything. And that's how they did it. Man.
Speaker 1: I bet is that why he was in charge criminally charged for stealing? Is that why?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Because they if they could charge him for stealing, they would, but they can't get it together because of the way it was worried.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you it's a loophole. He got it. Hey, man, once you get them good lawyers, you get them good old boys.
Speaker 10: Yeahs NFL quarterback use some funds to give back to a black university at HBCU.
Speaker 1: And miss prison. What prison would he be now?
Speaker 7: Is that.
Speaker 9: Come j twenty years to life?
Speaker 6: But see what happened was he gave it to his old album model, which was Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Uh, Southern miss What school?
Speaker 1: The University of Southern Mississippi?
Speaker 9: So cool?
Speaker 6: Now, guess what, that's one of the most powerful schools in Mississippi. And all the mother rich people's kids was on that volleyball team too. Kids playing volleyball, Yes.
Speaker 12: Southern miss all right, coming up in twenty minutes after and trending political news. Former President Trump has no presidential immunity in the January sixth prosecution. We'll talk about that right after.
Speaker 1: This you're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: A three judge panel in the the US Court of Appeals has rejected former President Donald Trump's claim of presidential immunity as it pertains to his federal twenty twenty election interference case. The judges wrote, quote, we cannot accept former President Trump's claim that a president has unbounded authority to commit crimes that would neutralize the most fundamental check on executive power, the recognition and implementation of election results. Nor can we sanction his apparent contention that the executive has carte blanche to violate the rights of individuals individual citizens to vote and to have their votes count.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 12: Trump faces four counts from the case, including conspiring to defraud the US and to obstruct an official proceeding, and he is pleaded not guilty.
Speaker 1: So here's what happens next.
Speaker 12: The Appeals Court has set up a very fast schedule for Trump to ask Supreme Court to block community ruling giving him until Monday to file an emergency stay request with the court. All right, so it sounds like we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm hearing all of this.
Speaker 2: I'm not hearing what I need to hear.
Speaker 9: M you need to hear.
Speaker 14: Story.
Speaker 1: But what do you need to hear?
Speaker 2: Steve that he came wrong? Well that and uh, he's gone, he's been required to check in.
Speaker 1: He's so beloved right now.
Speaker 9: He is their guy.
Speaker 10: It is primary season and it looks like from the Republican Party he is their guy.
Speaker 6: Look like he is and they have to fight vehemently for him because they have no one else. Their only chance the Republican Party of beating Jo'biden is Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And I have news for you. If we stop with this inner hatred, he cannot beat Joe.
Speaker 6: Biden because there's quietly a lot of Republicans who just do not approve of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 6: What we're starting to have is too many damn Democrats that don't like Joe Biden. Well, Joe ain't the greatest, but he's he's done enough good stuff. But they don't do that. Man, they y'all, hey man, y'all let them headfake, y'all with.
Speaker 12: This news man always and the Democrats do not stick together. You're so right about that.
Speaker 2: They so weak, not like the Republicocrats are just weak. Yeah, scary ass politicians.
Speaker 1: Get it done.
Speaker 6: I know Republicans is gangster? Hw is Donald Trump the candidate? All this the one of is mon of immoral people that you know is immoral. He's singing pornos stars, paying them off, and you still voting.
Speaker 2: For this dude?
Speaker 12: He told Yeah, all right, coming up with thirty four minutes after the hour, we're gonna check your voicemail Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve.
Speaker 1: Right after this you're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: It is time now to check Steve's voicemail, and if you would like to leave Steve a message, call him at eight seven seven twenty nine Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve.
Speaker 1: Uh, Steve's not going to answer the phone. I'm not gonna lie to you. He's not gonna be there to answer the phone. But you might just hear your call on the air. We have people to do that. Yeah, So are you ready, Steve personal phone?
Speaker 9: You do not we know truth know that's real, and.
Speaker 12: You can't leave a message on your personal at least they can leave a personal message here. All right, This is from a male listener, Steve H for for you about family.
Speaker 5: Good morning, morning crew, and Steve already know you're gonna get smart after I say this. I have seventeen grandkids and I know you got a lot of grandkids too. And I hear that you let them call you pop pa. Poppa is just too soft man. My grandkids call me granddaddy, granddaddy, you know, granddaddy, sound max little, granddaddy, sound grand with money?
Speaker 6: That's pop Pa.
Speaker 5: That is too soft man. And I already know you're gonna get smart. But anyway, morning crew, y'all had yourself a blessed ate love y'all.
Speaker 6: All right, granddaddy, hear you getting called granddaddy? If you want to, you say it sound more mastering. It's how old of me. And you know, and now my grandkids can call.
Speaker 2: Me pop pat that's what they call me.
Speaker 6: You want your grandkids you got seventeen, they want to call you granddaddy and call your.
Speaker 2: Old ass what you want to call it.
Speaker 1: He said you were gonna go there, y'all.
Speaker 6: You know, like slay me though, if you won't call in here telling me what my grandkids called me. You got seventeen damn grandkids. You know how long you've been having grandkids? No answers, probably in granddaddy.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: Somebody probably had.
Speaker 14: To dial in for you.
Speaker 1: All Right, here we go, we're on.
Speaker 2: You're smile with me. Well, if you know that, why'd you call?
Speaker 1: All right, Papa, let's go from sayall.
Speaker 2: What you got? Cookie?
Speaker 4: Good morning, morning crew.
Speaker 14: This is Cookie in San Antonio.
Speaker 4: I just have a quick question for Uncle Steve. I heard the show today and the last story was about a young lady who had a man who put all her stuff in the bend under the bed. Now, I remember you saying the three places the men hid stuff under the bed in the closet, and at this moment, I can't remember if it's a medical cabinet.
Speaker 11: But what have you.
Speaker 7: But if I'm the girl who's.
Speaker 4: Watching my man put his stuff in the bed under the bed, and I'm thinking, well, while you're hiding it, I just I want to know how well look at that from that perspective, from what you have taught me as far as men high stuff under the bed, but he's putting my stuff under his bed and I would have a problem with that, but you said, don't read too much into it.
Speaker 1: I would have a problem with that. So what would I do from that.
Speaker 4: Point, because I guess we would have to discuss that. But I'm just trying to see what the difference is between stating that men high stuff under the bed. He possibly could be cheating or hiding it from someone else, especially if his stuff is everywhere, while you have my stuff, and yet you said don't look into us. I'm just curious about that side of it. And God, bless y'all. I'll listen to y'all every morning. I listened to y'all my podcast. I thank you so much. A Carlin, you had me crying when you said you would tear that whole TV down off the walls.
Speaker 1: You turn it out while you're yelling.
Speaker 2: Girl, I'm a busted open.
Speaker 4: I don't watch TV no way.
Speaker 1: God bless y'all.
Speaker 2: Have a good well. She sounded like a really nice lady, and I stand by what I said.
Speaker 6: I said, you have the lady, when you dating the man, you need to look under the bed, in the top of the back of that closet, in that medicine cabinet.
Speaker 2: That's where we hide a lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: Now, the fact that he's putting her stuff in the tumbleware sliding it under the bed could be that he's hiding stuff, or it could be he just don't have no room, ain't no more drawers because men don't have effishing places like we do.
Speaker 2: So I could be still true with this, not anything.
Speaker 6: And if you have a real problem with it, I understand you having a problem with it because you might want to check it out, as the wires got to be under the bed. But if you look at his surface area in his house, you might discover that he has no room for you or he doesn't have an extra draw Now you can demand that that tumbleware be put over in the corner next to the plant and leave it open so he ain't got to be under the bed. So if in case he having company, other people will know you over there. Now you go there if you like, and you can if you want to. But that's why I said you don't have to read that much into it. But since you coming at it from that angle, then maybe you want a demand that my stuff not be under the bed because I don't want to get on my knees get my stuff every time I come over.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you want?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. Coming up next is the nephew with today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 12: Coming up at the top of the hour, about four minutes after it's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is her pillow talking made me homeless.
Speaker 1: Her pillow talking made me homeless. We'll get into that. It's not what you think. It's a crazy one, you know that, though.
Speaker 12: That's coming up in a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 13: What you got for his neph you know, of course, yesterday's prank was Valentine's Valentine's gift call.
Speaker 2: That's what that was. This is just Valentine's prank right here. Oh okay.
Speaker 13: And this is where I call a man and ask him what he's getting his wife, because I don't want us to get the same thing, you know what I'm saying for his I don't want us to buy the same thing for his wife.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 13: Ain't no sense of her getting the same thing twice, you know, And you gotta you gotta hands up.
Speaker 1: You want to Yeah, what you getting?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want you know, I get Victor her secret. You get that too. I don't want us to do the same thing.
Speaker 9: You know, great mind.
Speaker 13: Have different gifts, you know, I want to get the same gift. Yeah, yeah, so that's what it is. Let's go catch down. Take a listen.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey, I'm trying to reach Travis. Yeah, hey, Travis. Check this out. Man, it's Kencher Dobs. I'm trying to ask. I want to reach out to you. Man. Hey, man, do you know what you're getting? Uh? Getting your girl Diane for uh? For Valentine. I want to make sure we don't get the same thing. Who is this this tender? You want to make sure that we don't get the same thing for my girl? Who you know?
Speaker 6: My girl?
Speaker 7: Uh? No, I work with I work with Diane. Man, I'm getting all the ladies something here in the office. I'm gonna get him off of getting nothing for my girl. Talking about what Hold up down, Hold listen to me, man, I'm trying to I'm trying to get something for all the ladies in the office. I'm just gonna get nothing for my lady. You can get something for everybody else. I don't know about what you're talking trying to you. You're talking about what to tell your Nami is against my name, Kendred. Well, my guy ain't ever mentioned no Kendrick. Hold on, let me come hold on, hold up, guy, you you you you you rolled up too fast. What I'm trying to do, man, I'm just trying to get all the little ladies something. Man, just a little hey, hey, hold on, doubt, hold on, doubt doing the most you do with something right now. You ain't got to get for my lady. You understand me. Hey, hey, why why are you coming at me sideways? Man? Like I say, I'm just trying to I'm just trying to get it, you know, you know, show my appreciation. I worked with them, man, just show him a little love. And I want to make sure I wasn't getting the same thing that you might be getting them for a hour a dollar you're doing. Tell the time now, I'm telling you, I'm telling you don't. Ma, don't with my girl. You ain't got nothing to do with my guy. You ain't got nothing to do with that, all right, let me call hold who the hell? What'd you say? Your name wasn't my name Kendred your simple got to leave my girl. I know that's show. Hey, hey, hey, you ain't got coming to me like this here, man, you wanna come in shadway? Talk about you try to get something like yeah, you're stupid trying.
Speaker 5: To do Huh.
Speaker 7: I just wanted don't have to get out. Hey, hold up, man, I don't just give my number. Man, how do you get my number anyway? Now? I got your number from from uh Uh it's another dude that told me at your number. He the one gave me your number. But man, what's what's the big deal? Dow? I'm just trying to give us something for Barentine. Maybe it ain't nothing serious. Now what cube can you work at? How long you been working anyway? I've been here by three months from now about three woman, What do you think you're supposed to be buying anybody anything anyway? Huh while it's still on probation. What you say your name was giveing? Hey, dog, my name Kendrick Man. But Dow, why why the hell you want to talk? Why are you being hostile? Youre being hostile. You ain't seen hostile yet.
Speaker 11: Dog.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to say, well, but that's what I'm trying to do. You know what I'm talking about. I'm just trying to show the ladies in the office. You know that I got love and respect for show my wife blowing up something we gotta know around here. You gotta show my wife nothing your simple? What what throw you work on? Doc? I work on the fourth floor. I know they're on the third floor, but I work in on there. We are cool, man, I now, I don't even understand the hostility. Man, how do you know my wife? I just know how about working with a dog?
Speaker 11: That's it?
Speaker 7: So what makes you think you're supposed to be buying her a Valentine's gift? Hey, hey, Dowd, let me ask you know what, man, I don't even want to argue. Let me ask you this here. Man, do you think she like Victoria a secret?
Speaker 11: I'm on my way down. I'm on my way right now.
Speaker 7: But what one's for? All on down? What's the deal? Man? Do? Yeah? Don't be playing with my family like that. You understand what we've been going through. Dollars, I'm about to work.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: What you say you are on the fourth floor? Yeah? But dow what what you are houstyle for? Man? I'm just what what? What? What you? Because you're in now, I'm on the I'm on the fourth floor, day on the third doll, I'm you know, my cubical right when you get off the elevator. But why are you tripping though? Dog? You're talking about right now? Dogs? You ain't nobody buying my note, my wife. No to your secrets. Hey, you got a girlfriend or wife or something? You gotta Are you married? No? No, I got a little you know, a little something something I'm seeing right now. But I ain't living over saying nothing to get done something? Dog, you believe my wife and bout of this. You know what I'm talking about. How many people get in call with this anyway? Now you're the first person I called. I'm the first person you called. I'm glad you did call me. You stupid You about to get your whooped out, don't be. You need to focus on that. There's uh nap ahead. However that is that you got on your team.
Speaker 2: You feel me?
Speaker 7: You know I'm talking about to leave mine out of this? Hey hey, hey, hey, hold up, man, I don't know the first of all house. And you know what, man, you finnah, quit talking crazy to me. That's what you fineish. You finna quit talking crazy to me?
Speaker 2: What you say?
Speaker 7: Wait all I'm saying. All I'm saying is you ain't gotta be You ain't got to be tripping on high style with me the way you acting. Dog, That's all I'm saying. What you wanna call me talking about you about to buy a gift for my my wife. You leave me and dad out of your little book, Doug. You about to get your whooped out? Called me with some like this. Fuck what you say? Your name worthy? My name Kendrick? Man, How I'm saying it? I was trying to be nice to the ladies in the office, yog. That's why you're nice. We don't need your niceness around here. You about to get well, that's what's about to happen. Hey man, you ain't got to have no hostile attitude with about this man. You and my attitude now you just one of them more rule a port trying to get with my gall I ask no hardy know the game already another game? You feel me, Diane, You can leave for out of this. I'm telling you you're about to get your in the situation. That's what you're about to do. A matter of fact, don't buy her a gift. You buy our gift and you see what happened? Oh so so so okay, hold dog, either I could buy her gift up or not? Now I ask you before what size dicktai and secrets? Do she well? Man? Buy whatever you think she will? Whatever you think she will, you buy that? Okay? So you cool with me getting something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm cool with you getting something. It's you cool with me getting a panty and broad set? Man? You cool with getting your way?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: Now you're back to being hostile. Now. Either I can buy someone I can't. Why are you tripping? I don't know how you got my numbers? But I tell you the truth. Man, you better you better leave my wife alone. Dollar. Don't don't even look at me, Diane, you feel me. Don't even look at Diane. Don't get your see.
Speaker 11: Na't know you?
Speaker 7: Okay, dog, let me let me tell you this. Can I tell something to you? Man?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 7: I just want to tell you this man, This is Nephew tom Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife dianead your wife die? Hed got me the place? Soon?
Speaker 11: Call you? Man?
Speaker 7: What hey?
Speaker 2: Dog?
Speaker 7: No, this nephew tom Me Man for the Steve Harby Morny Show. Your wife. Oh oh, I'm gonna get up. I'm gonna get up, nephew, Tommy Man, somebody was about to get up there on the fourth floor. I'm talking about what the Tupic write out the elevator today. You a fool man. I'm gonna get her. I'm gonna get her. Somebody gonna you up, Tommy Man for real. Man was after telling you, man, you had me over here about the I ain't gonna say. I ain't gonna say you say you all? No, hey, hey, one more thing, though, what's the maddest radio show in the labe? Man? That Steve Warren Morning Show Man.
Speaker 2: God, well, it's stupid enough for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe you can cut even more stupid but.
Speaker 2: That, and I'll be back tomorrow and to prove that to you.
Speaker 13: Yes, I can do that right up there, though, I can do that Comedys on Comedy's on Greensboro, North Carolina. I'm there Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Saturday is already sold out. You got Friday and Sunday to pull from. The Nephew is coming to town, laying in the cut. After that, Kylie Good Nights Comedy Club, Rileigh, North Carolina, March first, second, third, The nephew is coming to town. Stupid is on the way, laying in the cut, Richmond, Virginia. I'm coming fifteen sixteen of and then my boy, Oh, Montgomery, Alabama. I would be there March the thirty. My boy Paul were doing that dog on though. That's me, that's JJ. There's earthquake and celebrity to comedian acting the fool in Montgomery, Oulabama.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Called you Gotta folded Jill Montgomery.
Speaker 2: You read oh you gotta head it black hat and folded Jill.
Speaker 12: When you wrote through shut out to earthquake two Dave, it's entertainment coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is herd Pillow talking made me homeless. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know what could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: It is Strawberry letta.
Speaker 12: Thank you nephew subject her pillow talking made me homeless. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm staying with my sister because my husband said he needs space. I can't blame him for how he feels about me, but I can blame my best friend for what she did to me. I argued with my husband all during the holidays over the smallest stuff, and he was on my nerves. When I'm upset, I have no desire to have sex, so he wasn't getting any. I told my best friend what I was going through, and she said she was stuck in a rut too, and it was time for a girl's trip for the MLK holiday weekend. We drove one hundred and twenty miles to a casino and we invited two of our sorority sisters to join us. One of them is young and hip, so she knew of all the best restaurants to go to, and one is wild and single, so she knew which nightclub to go to. The first night we were all in my room trying to get dressed to go out, and the young one just got her boobs done, so she was showing them off. That's when things got freaky and we all ended up staying in my room. That was my first experience, and it was everything. My bestie has always done threesomes with her husband, so this was nothing.
Speaker 9: New to her.
Speaker 12: We only did it once, and we all vowed to keep it between us. But my bestie got home and started pillow talking with her husband. Her husband jokingly told my husband, not knowing that I had not told him. My husband is not down with any of that mess, and he sees it as me cheating on him. I love my husband and I want to go back home. I need solid advice. How do I convince him it was a big mistake. Well, sorry, but if you're married, even if it's just with the girls on girls' night or whatever, it's still cheating. And that's the thing about lying and cheating and all that stuff, and other people are involved, You got to ask yourself, who are these people?
Speaker 1: Can you really.
Speaker 12: Trust them to keep your word and keep their word and not tell Will they hold it over your head? Will they read more into it than it really is. So many variables in this that you have to consider all of this. It's way more than just freaking. I mean, the big question is, was this one night of freaky pleasure with you and the girls?
Speaker 1: Was it worth it?
Speaker 12: Okay, even though you and your husband are having problems right now, it's certainly not worth It's just certainly not worth losing your marriage over.
Speaker 1: You still have to be careful. You still have to be mindful how you move.
Speaker 12: These were young, single girls, Okay, they could do whatever they want to do, and one does threesomes all the time, So don't be surprised if it went left, and it did, it really did, I don't know. You got to tell your husband that it was a mistake, You're sorry, you were drinking, it got out of hand, you regretted it instantly. You got to tell them you're never going to do it again, and if you could take it back, you would, So you know, see how that goes. And stop trusting these people. Stop, you know, keep to keep your secrets.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That's all I got for you, sis, Steve.
Speaker 6: Well, Shirley got more for you than I got for you. I ain't got nothing for you. Well, I don't even know where to start with this letter right here. I don't even understand, you know, it's a mess a couple of things. All I can do is to do is campaisons. You know, I can't my experiences and other people's ef I don't really have nothing for you in this.
Speaker 2: So let'sten.
Speaker 6: Here's my very I'm gonna just admit this. Here is my fail that teal at trying to help this woman. But I must preemptised by saying I really don't care about this letter or this woman or this situation.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: Now, she started off because something else that's happened. There's a lot of information missing from this letter. She just said, I and my sister because my husband said he needs some space.
Speaker 2: Now, and that ain't up.
Speaker 6: Now. I can't blame him for how he feels about me, but I can blame my best friend for what she did to me.
Speaker 2: That's not how you solve problems.
Speaker 6: If you are going to point the finger and blame other people, then you are not gonna own up to your part of the bargain, or the one part that you can control, which is your actions. So now already, this ain't your fault, you know, can't read that because it's too much light on. Oh okay, now, you and your husband been going through some things. You know, y'all was all upset. You know, he been getting on your nerves. You've been arguing with your husband all doing the holidays, even you said over the smallest stuff because he was on my nerves. And when I get upset, I have no desire to have sex, so he wasn't getting done. Well, we going to hell right now with this relationship cause you're arguing about the least of things. You said that, any little thing, and you ain't having sex. Now you're nagging. It ain't no makeup. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is not good.
Speaker 6: I told my best friend what I was going through, and she said she was stuck in the rut too, and it was time for a girl's trip now here.
Speaker 2: It ain't go on Martin Luther King Wiki.
Speaker 1: That's terrible, isn't it.
Speaker 6: You gonna pick Martin Luther King wiki to go on a girl's trip to a casino. You drove one hundred and twenty miles to a casino. You invited two of your sorority sisters to join us. One of them is young and he'll so she knew all the best restaurants. The other one is wild and single, so she knew all the night clubs to go to. This is unimportant information, as we are about to find out. The first night, we were all in my room trying to get dressed and go out. The young one that just got a boobs done, so she was showing them off. That's when things got freaky and we ended up staying in my room. Steve, one of the knew all the restaurans was and the one that knew all the clubs was that information, didn't it?
Speaker 2: Y'all stayed in the room one.
Speaker 12: Parts two of Steve's response coming up in twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letter. Subject her pillow talking made me homeless. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 12: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is her pillow talking made me homeless?
Speaker 6: The subject is her pillow talking made me homeless? This woman, having problems with her husband anyway, decides to go on the girl trip on Martin Luther King Weekend. All the great weekids. You could blow your marriage.
Speaker 1: That's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: E mail kill weekend.
Speaker 6: You go down there, y'all drive one hundred and twenty miles. So you invited two of your sorority sisters, one of them young and knew where all the clubs was. One of them young and knew where all the restaurants was. And y'all in your room getting dressed to go out. The girl had just got her boobs done and decided to pull them out and show it to everybody. You said, that's what things got freaking, and we all ended up staying in my room. I have a weekend with my fraternity clubs and we all love fishing. A couple of my boys take their shirt off when they fishing. It has never led to anything. Evidence and one of them take his shirt off. He got man boobs when he fishes, and it still has led to nothing. So but this is a woman's thing, and I understand that operation must have been a huge.
Speaker 7: Lord.
Speaker 6: They was right, And then you said that's when it got free, and y'all end up staying in your room. That was my first experience, and it was everything, all capital letters, it was everything. My bestie has always done threesomes with her husband, so this was nothing new to her. We only did it once and we vioved to keep it between us. But my bestie got home and started pillow talking with her husband. Her husband jokingly told my husband, not knowing that I had not told him. My husband is not down with any of that mess, and he sees me as cheating on him. Well, I think he's right. I think he's right. I love my husband.
Speaker 2: I want to go back home.
Speaker 6: Oh so that's why that's why you staying with your sister. Because your husband say he needs some bathonce. Remember that back at the top of the letter. Well, now I need some solid advice. How do I convince him it was a big mistake. I'm just gonna tell you flat out, I can't help you. I can't help you because see, ladies, now we just have to reverse this. Ladies, let's reverse this letter. If your hug went on the boy's trip and the stripper jumped out the cake and they all ended up having kke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let him use keep it on it show, let him use keep it morning show him. Please.
Speaker 6: Let's say the stripper jumps out the cake and they all end up having some cake. How understanding would you be if one of the men that was at the party told his wife because his wife let him have and said, you know, so and so had Kate too, and then you found out that your husband had some strip of cake.
Speaker 7: And now.
Speaker 6: Y'all he didn't find out, and now you need some space from him. Can he come back to you? See, I don't know how this works, So I have nothing for you and this stuff. I can't give you no solid advice on how to get back.
Speaker 7: You did what you did.
Speaker 6: You got to pay the piper. That's the game, man, it ain't nothing else to it.
Speaker 1: She gambled.
Speaker 6: It's all good. I'm glad it was everything though they went a yeah, because that everything just cost you everything. Now now your marriage is in trouble because your husband thinks you cheated, and you did it. Don't matter if it was some other women or some other dude. I'm tell you right now, your husband can't come in here and tell you he was with some dudes. He can't come in the house and tell you that. So how you expect you're gonna come here and be able to tell him you was with some girl. Now I do see it different, Oh, I do see it different, because see I understand I see what women see.
Speaker 2: Any other women, because I see the same day. I get it.
Speaker 6: I know exactly, I know, I know exactly how you felt when you saw that boob job. Yeah, I understand. I understand how you could get worked up and it got freaking I've.
Speaker 1: Been there, you been there.
Speaker 12: Yes, she's only mad at the other woman though, who has call her?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, couldn't she.
Speaker 10: Just have lied and said her friend's husband lies?
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh you want to laet.
Speaker 1: It's all right saying just saying it's too late. Now, That's what I.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody. Lion is a necessary skill set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you do stupid stuff, stupid, I can't help you.
Speaker 2: Lady. You got bus that was them, That wasn't me.
Speaker 7: I wasn't in it.
Speaker 6: It ain't no way in hell out admitted it. You got no video, all right, You ain't got no pictures and.
Speaker 12: You post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never Sounded So Good. You can download it today now, coming up at forty six minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: It's Junior and Sports Talk right after this, you're listening morning show. All right, ladies and gentlemen, he is here, junior and Sports Talk. What you got junior?
Speaker 9: Okay, Shirley.
Speaker 8: You know it's were three days away from the super Bowl and it's the Chief's forty nine ers. But you know a lot of people have a super Bowl party, so there need to be some super Bowl rules when you go to people houses that you.
Speaker 2: Need to know what to do.
Speaker 9: Everybody can enjoy the game. First rules.
Speaker 8: When you get to the dough follow the host to the super Bowl designated area.
Speaker 9: This is not a house to a residency. Were not touring my house. Just stay in this room. This is where everything takes place.
Speaker 8: Don't ask what's in there. What's in that is none of your damn business. This is all you gonna see at the super Bowl party. Do not Number two, if you a DJ, play music, just old commercials.
Speaker 9: Stop with the game come back on. This is not about you. DJ is such and such or insert your name here. Were talking to you.
Speaker 2: It does not matter.
Speaker 9: Just when its own commercial. Break is only.
Speaker 1: Time you can DJ when the game come back on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, all of that cut it off. Saint about you. We just need you here for this for commercials?
Speaker 1: All right, that's it?
Speaker 9: Or number three, do not bring bad news to the super Bowl party.
Speaker 8: We don't care unless it's on the injury bort because we don't care if your daddy having surgery, we have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 9: That does not belong here. Because you're gonna bring.
Speaker 1: The mood down.
Speaker 9: We ain't here trying to have a good time. You know, my daddy going under. They're gonna take his clean, so what we're down?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 9: Okay telling them about your daddy's clean.
Speaker 1: Or at all at all?
Speaker 9: Mean it's not me the game on I got money.
Speaker 6: On the line on god bade unless he busted his clean making this tackle, we don't care.
Speaker 8: I'm on a pine, I'm on a board. Here's one because I know they're coming, so somebody would let them know. Now jehoah winners is save your knocks. We're not coming to the door. We know you're coming, y'all.
Speaker 9: Talking about you're supposed to watching sports.
Speaker 8: Well, how you know we all over here because you want to knock on the door because we all in here. They know we're at home. They know that, So don't don't ask me about the Lord today. Matter of fact, the Lord is watching the game right now.
Speaker 9: Why aren't you?
Speaker 8: Why aren't you? And then you know, have you heard about it? Was you like a watch tower? No, I'm watching the game. I have something to watch. Don't want no watch tower today? No, here's the last one I have. One hour after the game is over.
Speaker 13: Leave.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just an hour after the game.
Speaker 2: Here's your drink.
Speaker 1: Then gone go home and we'll talk.
Speaker 9: About it later. I hope you had a great time, but this end. If you do about us, we're not talking about us after this game. Yeah, we ain't talking about us no more.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 8: So everybody can have a good time watching this game. Man, this is gonna be a good game. But don't mess it up from all the other question, we're not doing that this year.
Speaker 9: Just to Shirley, Yeah, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: Too many rules.
Speaker 9: Well then don't come.
Speaker 1: Thank you, JUNI you're coming up.
Speaker 12: At the top of the hour, a woman on social media Steve needs some advice from you. She says, can I teach my boyfriend to be more refined? We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning.
Speaker 9: Show, all right, Steve.
Speaker 12: So Evelyn on Facebook says, my boyfriend and I have great chemistry, and he is very charismatic. But he grew up in a very country, backwoods family. He never wore shoes until he started school, and the first time he wore a tuxedo was over the holidays when he went with me and my family to a formal event. It was a little awkward because he doesn't really know anything about how to behave in such a setting, and he knows nothing about etiquette. I really love him, but I need to be able to fit him into my social circle. Is it unrealistic to think that I can teach a grown man to be more ref find?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Marjorie did it to me.
Speaker 1: But you did wear shoes, and you know how.
Speaker 6: Well well he wears shoes too. He didn't want none until he was six, but he wears shoes too. But like you know how many banquets we done went too and I and I.
Speaker 2: Get the wrong bread or I get the wrong.
Speaker 6: Water cup because you know, you be sitting at that table, and you sitting there had your name at the I drink got everybody water, I got, I got, I got wine in the water glass. So so Marjorie taught me this right here. She says Steve. When you sit down at the table, do this on your lap right here, Do this right here. And if you put this, if you do this right here, if you make an okay sign and put it in your lap. One of those signs is a B and the other one is a D. Put them in your lap. The B is your bread, your butter.
Speaker 2: Okay, you D is your drinks.
Speaker 6: All the glasses on this side is all your drinks, your wine glass, your water glass, every over here, over there, this is your bread and your butter.
Speaker 2: Stop eating them people, breads. She told me that. Let me teach that to dude. Teach that.
Speaker 6: You just got to say, hey, look, let's go over a couple of things when we go to the banquets, when when we go out to dinner, this is how it's done.
Speaker 2: And he'll do it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So does she have to say it in any sort of way, you know, be gentle.
Speaker 6: With it, or yeah there you baby. I love you, But when we go out, I know it's a little awkward from you. So I just want to help you out. I'm just going to tell it.
Speaker 2: Don't crush nag.
Speaker 6: I'm sick of you. Will cut your ass. We didn't the wrong damn bread or ball. And if you take another crown leg and stumping on the ground, that's what these crackers as full.
Speaker 2: Stop putting the crab lands in and fro stumping on them. All right, listen to me. It's water. Is your water? Stop slurping, stop doing.
Speaker 1: That, Stop talking with food in your mouth. All right, we have time for another one.
Speaker 6: When you're talking quick pointing with your utensel, you're talking.
Speaker 9: At the table, y'all, did you already do that to somebody else.
Speaker 1: In your plate?
Speaker 2: You do? What wrong with it?
Speaker 1: We have time for another one. This is from Jamiica on Facebook.
Speaker 12: She says, my mom passed away about six years ago, and in the last couple of years I have highly encouraged my dad to get back out there and try dating. He's still young ish and deserves to have someone in his life. Well, a few months ago he met a woman and.
Speaker 1: He is falling for her. But I have two problems with her.
Speaker 12: For one, she's about my age, and two her occupation is a quote fitness influencer who isn't very successful. My dad is nearing retirement and I'm afraid this woman is trying to take advantage of him financially. I'm afraid to say anything because I could be wrong, and I wouldn't want to interfere in my dad's love life. Also, I don't know whether or not this relationship will go anywhere. Anyway, what do you think I should do?
Speaker 2: She a fitness influencer. It's working out for you, daddy.
Speaker 1: I did that right, Yeah, daddy?
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: You wanted your daddy to get out there and now he out there.
Speaker 6: Now he ain't out there because you ain't happy because of girl kind of your age, but happening a mid life crisis. It's going to pass. She ain't gonna stay with him, and she gonna get the money to feel her sight. That's what's going on.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, all right, Well we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show, all right.
Speaker 12: So, Snoop Dogg, I'm sure you guys have heard about this and Master P have sued Walmart and Post Foods for allegedly sabotaging the success of Snoop Cereal.
Speaker 1: Snoop and Master P have.
Speaker 12: Hired attorney Benjamin Crump, our friend and family member.
Speaker 1: To the law suit of.
Speaker 12: Legends that Post Foods use deceptive practices to sabotage the success of Snoop Cereal, such as intentionally holding boxes of Snoop Cereal in the stock rooms marked with quote no location quoting, preventing them from being placed on store shelves. I haven't been to Walmart for a minute, but when I was there, I didn't see Snoop Cereal on the shelf.
Speaker 2: That's delivery. Come on, get it done.
Speaker 9: Come on, Crump, Yeah, yes, come on this show it to us. All about it? Stay day did again? Stay and took Snoop cereal and put it in the back of Wallmart.
Speaker 8: Steve, this from what it is. Gonna stop stinging. This don't make no sense. But I'll tell you what, Steve, Justice will be dumb or tail.
Speaker 9: Steve.
Speaker 8: We'll not gonna stand by and take cereals in the back. Snoop Dog deserves to have his cereals up front, like he should be right next to Frock the sakes turning up cereal. He should be right there, Steve. We're gonna say to it and thank you for letting you your platform.
Speaker 1: A thank you, attorney, Crump. Thank you coming up in thirty three minutes the hour, we'll play around of would you rather it is right, Syria?
Speaker 9: What places us justice to another? Cereal? Steve, We're not gonna do.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show. It's time now, guys for a round.
Speaker 12: And would you rather would you rather use lemon juice for eye drops or poison ivy to the paper?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 13: No, we gotta get that lemons, yeah, limages, Yeah, I can't put that pison ivy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not putting a thing in my.
Speaker 9: Right there, So you just hold family feud.
Speaker 2: Broke out a couple of days off. Sit somewhere with my legs walking, real face.
Speaker 6: You have got to get some cool air on it, though, I can tell you that I'd have been in some poison ivy before.
Speaker 2: To get some cool air on it and water.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 12: Would would you rather go around the club and drink all of the half finished drinks? Or would you rather go to the waffle house and eat all of the half eating food?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not doing I'm not doing that one of them. You, I'm not doing that, serve.
Speaker 1: Which would you go ahead of.
Speaker 6: Ju ju?
Speaker 9: Allowed to eat them up? Did waffle house sound good?
Speaker 1: To me, you're hungry.
Speaker 2: There's been eight ball. These people gotta pick one wrap.
Speaker 13: They didn't choose stuff and took something and laid it on the plate.
Speaker 2: The one you ain't got no dog in its face. No, no, he got to pick one.
Speaker 1: You gotta pick. That's the game.
Speaker 9: House, that's the game.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm gonna sit down here, waffle house hairfully about the time you go around that club drinking drink or you're gonna have so many damn diseases?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather burn your tongue every time you eat? Or stub your toe every time you walk?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, tongue. I can't lie that stubbing your toe as a beast man, I don't like that every time you.
Speaker 1: Walk, every time you walk every.
Speaker 2: Time, or you know how mad you're gonna be at yourself? Yeah, burn my tongue.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's hard to.
Speaker 7: Tell you.
Speaker 2: That toe when I eat, that'll put you down on your knees sometimes.
Speaker 12: All right, guys, that's today's round of would you rather?
Speaker 14: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Coming up in forty nine minutes after the.
Speaker 12: Hour, our last break of the day, and we will close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day, Steve. We have an email from a listener in Chicago from V one o three point from v one o three dot com and she says, good morning. I want to give Steve a thumbs up. On the end of the show comments on February sixth, you know how you talked about as black people we put each other down. Well, she says, if I hadn't been on the freeway, I would have had to stop and do a praise dance. And I say the same thing to our people and young folks. We destroy each other with that little membrane called the tongue. Thank you for your comments and encouragements each morning. That's one hundred, Diane B. From Chicago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, And I'm really really concerned that we may not be able to turn this tree nd around because the devil has convinced so many people that clicks and likes is the way to become successful. There is a cost factor to that. There's a cost factor to us, and it's a cost factor to you. And it's no good either way. And I think there's a man that's about to learn that lesson. You know, just because you throw a podcast that gets blow up numbers. I'm talking about out of sky high numbers, you're gonna double down and you're gonna start bringing on people on your podcast who you know have a negative message. And you think that by doing that that that's gonna make you who you want to be. I got bad news for you, brother. You head it in the wrong direction, and I feel sorry for you. But and if that's what we're gonna do as old ass people, we are surely sending the wrong message to young people. You can't be called and people look up to you by calling you unk, and then you turn around and then you mislead them.
Speaker 2: That ain't cool, man, that is just not cool. Brother.
Speaker 6: I feel badly for you, man, going the wrong way, partner. But you're gonna find out though, because that's a simple scripture.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: The Bible is very basic. But you know, I remember that script you learned in Sunday School. Do onto others that you would have them do unto you. You think that don't apply to adult, well, all right, as you would have them do unto you. So the beat goes on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, and we also have a caller. Thank you for that, Steve Brandon from Welch, West Virginia. I think you know about these parts.
Speaker 14: Hey see, this is Brandon Coffee. I'm working down here in Welch, West Virginia and just driving around the town. Dude, I'm just wondering, like, it's too crazy to imagine that you used to live here, and I wanted to know, like, how'd you make it from here around here? Doesn't seem like there's very many possibilities or changes you can talk about down on the line. That'd be awesome, man, have great days.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna tell you, man.
Speaker 6: West Virginia is in a county, McDowell County, that's one of the poorest counties in the United States.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump went down there, so all through West Virginia and got all they votes. Now they voted for Obama, but he can turn it around and got all they votes because he promised them he would bring the oil back, I mean bring coal mining back. Coal mining is dead, man, and he lied to those people and it's still very a very very suppressed.
Speaker 2: Part of the of the country. How I made it out time you flat out?
Speaker 6: But by the grace of God, because I ain't got no other success story to point to you from down there, and you are right and you think it's nothing now.
Speaker 2: It was less then it was tough man, how old? Yeah? I forgot when you left? What five? Okay?
Speaker 6: The first time I flushed the toilet was on Wade Park one hundred and five in Wade Park in Cleveland. House soon then flushed that toilet over and over. I never flushed the toilet in my life. So I had never turned on a water fountain, a faucet. We had a well pump in our house. Your mama had to stand there and pump like that and then water would come up into the kitchen into the pail.
Speaker 2: We never ran a bath tub. I took all my baths in the number two washtub.
Speaker 1: In West Virginia.
Speaker 6: Never set on the toilet, went across the across the road to our house, never set on the toilet, never knew what it was.
Speaker 1: So how you made it was leaving basically your family. I mean that's what Brian is saying. How did you make it here?
Speaker 2: Well, how we left was we had to leave. Mm hmmm, so my daddy did.
Speaker 12: We had Oh, okay, okay, And how did you end up in Cleveland?
Speaker 6: Then from there because my father's sister, aunt Kat lived here in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: But first we had to go to d C. Then we had to go to Cleveland.
Speaker 6: And you know, it wasn't no forensic science back then, so you couldn't track and trade people.
Speaker 1: What telling too much going on.
Speaker 9: It's we on the underground railroad, too much.
Speaker 6: Statue of limitation being going. Plus you can't do none of My daddy he gone, oh he got way with this.
Speaker 1: Well, Brandon, there you have it from the fellow west.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: What every.
Speaker 6: Gold.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 9: We don't even know what do you do?
Speaker 7: Remember?
Speaker 1: Remember you have a hello, maybe it should take us out or something.
Speaker 2: Swell, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 9: Careful?
Speaker 2: I'm a prosed by saying this.
Speaker 6: Okay, if I can come out of West West Virginia, you can come out of whatever you've been in because God is gonna bring you up and the delivery business I'm gonna living withness. Appreciate you going down that visit in West West Virginia. Now you need to figure out how your ass gonna get out.
Speaker 2: Have great day.
Speaker 13: For all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey Contests. No purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.