Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of av trend. Super Bowl ticket cost because these prises are going there.
Speaker 2: What they should be, man, what this should be to go see my fucking boys.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'm Jack, that's my old Yeah. And we are just over here refreshing vivid seats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vivid or tic pic, I don't know whatever wherever secondhand fucking tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just gotta get to this big game. The cost, man, this is wild. I thought you like had misplaced an apostrophe. No, you said you said that earlier that people were talking about it being on average eleven thousand per ticket.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant like one thousand one. I was like, oh, okay, no, no, no, the apostrophe was post. Nope, not even Commas, not even I'm all fused up, man, I'm all fucked up.
Speaker 1: Man. It's the end of the week, all right, I don't yeah, yeah, yeah, Look I got an apostrophe of my name. That's the only one of those things I can keep track of.
Speaker 3: But yeah, dude, right now, Like I think the cheapest ticket is like seven thousand dollars to go, and like the more expensive ones are like north of fourteen grand.
Speaker 2: For one game of the foos ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't for a game that is also way more fun to watch on TV.
Speaker 2: This feels like.
Speaker 3: Not if you get the baller package where you can be in a box suite that mimics the exact same things but you can look at the field from an even further distance, but also flick it up with all the homies and flex.
Speaker 2: On the grand It's just a flex, that's all it is. I mean, I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean I get the idea of like having your team and you fucking you ride with them wherever they go. But at a certain point, it's like that cost is just fucking wild because apparently the last time these two teams met up that was like previously had like the most expensive tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you're mentioning the teams and like what their fan base looks like, it does make sense that like San Francisco would have the largest population of rich assholes who would be driving the driving the market up on this shit.
Speaker 3: Hey, but I mean, but the thing is, dude, there are people who are like super working class and they'll they're waiting for their team to go, Like I just have this money set aside to go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It's just wild what like these events do to people. And then on top of that, like the flights and shit are up exponentially, Like to go from Kansas City to Vegas, It's like up almost four hundred percent. The hotels are on average seventy five percent higher. Like it's this gouge fest.
Speaker 1: Baby, gouge Fest three thousand. Uh, don't even try and buy Chex Mix at the Las Vegas airport thuse they are thirteen dollars. I think they have the record.
Speaker 2: For the snack pack. Yeah, if you want the full bag that you would buy to like kind of share with friends, sixty three dollars. I'm just guessing. I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: I think it has the record for Chex Mix with photographic evidence. If people aren't aware that. Kylie Brakman, the comedian, was like, I just want to do a little experiment. I'm going to start recording prices of checks Mix that I see in the airport and like put nine ninety nine down for La Guardia nine for like, Yeah, it isn't the it isn't like the largest bag checks Mix, it's the bag that costs I think they said like four ninety nine at a New York Dwayne Reed or CBS right. And then since then, the the data has come pouring in and yeah, Vegas, Vegas has topped them all with thirteen twenty nine.
Speaker 2: So thirteen twenty nine, what happened to us? We used to be a country of laws?
Speaker 1: None, we turned it over.
Speaker 2: We turned it over.
Speaker 1: That's actually another thing that's trending. But before we get off the super Bowl, I feel like halftime show is going to be uh is gonna seems like it's sneaking up on some people. The comment I have heard is like, just does that sure have that many hits? And it turns out to you heard, yes, Wow, he does have he does have?
Speaker 2: Who said? Who asked that question? Who asked you? Where? Did you hear that? My friend John?
Speaker 1: He was like, what he has that? Isn't that your real name?
Speaker 2: Okay, my friend John?
Speaker 3: Oh No, it's gonna be I mean, I don't know what songs you pick. Yeah, I'm just looking off the my the My Way album you make me want to leave the one with plus uh nice and slow my Way Way Jim. Yeah, unless you're gonna have like even the latter days enough like omg, oh my god, those feel more like super Bowl songs probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And also he is like one of the great performers, even if you're not, like, even if you're not buying the Usher Greatest Hits album, like, he's somebody that you would still pay to see live. So I feel like a lot of people are gonna be surprised at how good this show is going to be.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to go to his live show. Hopefully calls me on stage and I get grinded on he does.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's gonna do that during the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Just hey, hey, where's Roger Goodell? At get up here, Roger, get off here, Roger, You're in trouble. Roger takes a shirt off, starts body rolling in front of him. He's like, I guess lean into this, hope. He just does that for the whole halftime, just whispering yeah, and then the band just grooving behind him, And I'm like.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, thank you so much, Grace, I have football, Thank I Muscha Raymond. I'm not gonna do my fucking songs because you can pay to see me up the street at my Vegas residency.
Speaker 1: All right, For a brief moment, this morning, everybody was wondering, is Trump really gonna get disqualified from this election by the Supreme Court? Is this happening?
Speaker 2: Said that some people really wanted that. Yeah, I don't know. It felt.
Speaker 3: Look anytime you see the Supreme it is a moment you were like, I don't know, man, maybe the Supreme Court isn't full of shit. Maybe they will potentially look at things like, you know, maybe Clarence Thomas his own wife involved in this supposed insurrection, and maybe he could recuse himself.
Speaker 2: No. Once that happened, I was like, nah, man, the fix is in the fix.
Speaker 1: The other detail that I found out about, Yeah, because like part of me I was I was like, well, why are they even hearing it? Like the Supreme Court, you know, as much as they like to say it's like balls and strikes, they can justify doing anything. Like they're smart enough about the law that they can find anything.
Speaker 2: Well, they have to hear it in order to swat it down. That's what they do, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because because Colorado was successful in getting him off the ballot, so they're there to be like ah ah, we define an insurrection, not the word, not the Constitution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of weird arguments. I mean, even like the liberal justices we're sort of arguing to sort of like, ah, like there is there's some murky stuff here, like how can one state really determine if like, you know, just because this one state made this determination, how does that affect every other states? There was also a lot of like from the conservative justices talking about like, well, you know, I just don't believe a state has that kind of power to do something like that, except if it comes to denying people body autonomy or having wildly inconsistent voter registration or voter ID laws that could you know, potentially sway an election. So it's definitely frustrating, But I don't think, you know, obviously this was never going to be the thing that saved this country from Trump. Yes, it's just going to have to happen in November, that's the only way.
Speaker 1: The detail that blew my mind though, was they were like, you know, the only only one of these justices who was on the Supreme Court the last time that the Supreme Court determined a presidential election Bush v. Gore, where they stopped the recount in Florida, stop the count was Clarence Thomas, and but they also pointed out three other justices, including Roberts, were young lawyers helping the Bush campaign in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's just that is a wild story if I talked about it before, but like the Brooks Brothers riot or whatever. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I think there's just so much too when a lot of people were just even like talking about the definition of insurrection, like it's been agreed upon, like what the definition definition is since the ninth tenth century, Like persons engage in an insurrection.
Speaker 2: By knowingly playing any role in an assemblage, assemblage resisting by force the implementation of any law for public reasons. Was there an assemblage? Yeah? Was there a resistance to federal law? Yes, it was their purpose public yes, yes, yes, yes, But.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's just like your opinion, man, It.
Speaker 2: Is just like your opinion man. So they're just a group of unserious people in black robes. And but it's even funny because like even look at Texas, you're like, yeah, whatever, Supreme Court, I don't know where we're at with these with this body exactly. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about airport price gouging. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And so there's a story that is going nuts on the right and like center right media, which is McDonald's prices are too high and it's which check check mark, yes, yeah, and it's Joe Biden's fault.
Speaker 2: All right, fine, yeah, the backlas.
Speaker 1: First of all, the backlash to the just prices has been so severe that the CEO of McDonald's just told investors that the restaurant's new focus is affordability.
Speaker 2: Which which is different than the last year's shareholder meeting, where he said the emphasis is gonna be on just turning on the money hose, baby, yeah, just fucking them directly in the wallet. Yeah. Right. Our mandate this year, folks is to fuck your wallet. Okay.
Speaker 3: And now they're like, oh boy, because I mean we're talking about this all the time. Fast food was like the thing in America that you could be like whatever, man, I could get, I can get like my stomach torn up just for a couple bucks eating a fast food, And now it's like aspirational.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the big detail that I think this whole story underlines is that businesses don't just charge what they need to meet expenses, because their argument is like Biden gave workers too much power, and now that is like driving costs up. It's just like not the way business works. The way business works is that businesses charge what they can get or what they think they can get. That they will charge as much as they possibly can, yeah, without completely putting you off.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: And as evidence of this, people were also pointing out so the big detail that got people upset, especially on the right, is McDonald's is charging eighteen dollars for a big Mac and it's actually the big Mac combo deal. Still way too much, but they were doing it at an airport, like these are airport prices that they're like you realize.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like, where is it eighteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in airports, which yeah.
Speaker 2: The yeah, they've got you by the throat at the airport.
Speaker 1: But that's the that also underlines the main point, which is that it's not like, oh and now this specific item up line is forcing our hands, like we just have these automated machines that raise the price. They charge you more at the airport, not because airport labor is more. But because they can, because you are captive.
Speaker 2: You are desperado in there, and they're like, I can't go anywhere. They're like, they're like, actually, the cost of this Vibe magazine on the upc thing says five Yeah, fuck you seventy six bucks, asshole, welcome to Hudson News. You fuck with Now give me your baby or get lost.
Speaker 1: This is actually going viral elsewhere because this kind of feels like a story where they like some part of them recognized, oh wait, we got this wrong. This is a story about high prices at airports. And then they made this other thing go viral because Kylie Brakman, as mentioned, started the spreadsheet with the price of airport checks mix and so now people are like talking about that. The same company at like Wall Street journals writing about like the ten dollars checks mix bag, right, and yeah, and why this is a great time to buy stock in Hudson News.
Speaker 2: Yes, because they can fucking do whatever they want. Yeah, it's it's I mean, I'm telling you as much as I love Burbank Airport.
Speaker 1: Oh, Burbank Airport is burban believable. The bottle the most expensive bottle of water i've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a fucking naked juice. It requires a credit check to even look at them. That's how fucked up it is. And I don't understand whatever that's I get it. I get it, and I know and I realized too, as my parents would always be like, no, we're just like eat before, eat before you go. I remember eat before we went to the airport. Yeah, I'm not fucking buying that shit over there. But this is it's just wild because so the system we've entrusted to run our civilization is like a market economy with fewer and fewer checks on the people in charge. And that means that it is a system that will charge as much as they possibly can get away with charging you at any given moment, in any situation. And you know, if we're in a water crisis in the future, like more of a water crisis in the future, that's not what their problem, that's their opportunity, you know. Yeah, and we are instead like finding just bending ourselves into pretzels as a mainstream media to shift the blame to the worker making too much money. Yeah, I mean, it's it's a tail as old as time. You know, it can't be like the stories can't suddenly be like we need to rain in corporate greed, and it's not because we're paying living Actually, people are being paid sub subsistence wages despite all of that. Real, it's gonna be some form because you know that it's their friends. It's like, hey man, my friend who owns a bunch of franchises saying they're getting killed because the poor people want to get paid more.
Speaker 1: Okay, I write that. I can write that up. Yeah, I write that up this. Yeah, minimum wage increase is actually abusive to us, the business owners.
Speaker 2: Yeah no. And I'm like, you look at the money like McDonald's, Like none, I don't see anything that suggests this is like you guys are doing absolutely everything you can, Like we're on razor thin margins. Okay, that we just you don't look at the CEO pay. Okay, just don't look at the CEO pay. Right. That's the other.
Speaker 1: So they're focusing on worker pay. Meanwhile, the CEO of McDonald's gave like paid himself ten million dollars in twenty twenty while while they were like missing big performance targets, and then in twenty twenty one, he doubled that he made twenty million in twenty twenty one, all right, and then he took a pay cut and went back down seventeen point eight. So you know, people throw the word.
Speaker 2: That's wild to go from. Hey, look, we kind of weren't hitting a lot of the KPIs here in twenty twenty, all right, just give me ten million, then twenty twenty one, all right, yeah, baby, give me fucking twenty You know, I'm gonna take a pay cut, just not shave three million off during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will be paid all three Yeah, twelve hundred times higher than the median McDonald's employee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wildalkout anyway, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool cool cool cool cool cooll. But it's actually it's because they're paying the workers too much. Good Biden, Thanks love Biden, Thanks Byron. Keep talking to the ghosts, Homy.
Speaker 1: Yeah and the Yeah, McDonald's charges more money for the one reason that they want to, and they think they can. And then you know when it turned out when they found out, oh shit, we're not Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Yeah we can't be there. There are other games in town. Nobody has their brand loyalty to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got put back in check, all right. And then I wanted to talk about this video that was going viral where Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity decided to interview Curtis Sliwah, who's the head of Uncle.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 1: Was both with very iconic headwear. So he's the Guardian Angels were around to the late seventies early eighties, where they wear like a red jacket and a red beret and they are basically like vigilantes who fight crime in New York City. They got a lot of positive press in the mainstream media at the time, and then they kind of disappeared and.
Speaker 2: Quietly it was revealed that like a lot of the stories that this guy was telling were lies, like he had kidnapped himself at well, I think he said he was kidnapped by three off duty transit cops. I think was a thing that happened. Yeah, and also making up tales of how they saved people, Yeah, didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It was all just you know, the guys that does not seem to be telling the truth about anything ever. But anyways, Mayor Eric Adams just started to distribute prepaid credit cards to migrants and he was pissed Hannity was pissed, and so they interview him on the streets, standing with his crew of vigilantes, and like as he's being interviewed, the guys in the red jackets behind him run off camera, and then the camera pans to show him beating, like them beating the ship out of somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can hear it. It was. It was all live on wax for viewers. Here here's the moment where like he's like, yeah, hold on, Sean, let me show you this. This is us just justice in action. Oh, in fact, our guys should have just taken down one of the migrant guys right here on the corner forty second and seventh. While all this panned the camera, they've taken over. They've taken over, Like the camera over there fit all possible, they can go around.
Speaker 1: Audio goes out, but they've got somebody like in a chokehold, just roughing them up. Yeah, just right, and then like put him on the ground, roughing him up. He goes on to like brag about how much they he saved him up.
Speaker 3: He had been shoplifting. The Guardian Angels spotted him, stopped him, he resisted, and let's just say we gave him a little pain. Compliance his mother back in Venezuela felt felt the vibrations. He's sucking concrete. The cops scraped them off the asphalt. He's on his way to jail, but they'll cut him loose.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I wonder why, because we come to find out, you fucking creep, that this dude was not a migrant. There's some guy from the Bronx who was just like heckling them, who's like, man, fuck out of your Fox News and the Guardian n asels, and so they decided to fuck this guy up. And immediately Curtis Ly was like, oh, yes, guy's from Venezuela.
Speaker 2: He's a shoplifter. The NYPD they even gave a comment. They're like, as far as we know, this is just some guy from the Bronx who like they put their hands on we have no evidence that there was shoplifting or he was involved in any shoplifting. But somehow sliwa just from off camera. He immediate, that's what's so wild.
Speaker 3: Those people leave off camera, they go behind camera and he's just like, yeah, so they got one of these migrants from Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Just now, I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 1: So you saw him shoplifting from across There's a lot of logic going on here.
Speaker 3: Is he unless the guy was like, I'm from Venezuela and I'm shoplifting, and I am a migrant and I have received one of Eric Adams's debit card. Like the guy just presumed all of it, which is so weird because this guy is such an opportunist. Right, Like when the Guardian Angels first started out, there was this guy, one of the Guardian angel was like killed by a police officer in Buffalo, and Slievewa was so fucking bad faith about it that he suddenly was like, oh, the guy who was killed by the police was an African American guy. He's like, this just shows you what's the problem with the police. It's racist and it's this white officer being protected by the police. And then you come back around to just being like, yeah, we're basically like brown shirts, right, that's.
Speaker 1: Really what it feels like. Yeah, it feels like that they're just this is the rise of fascism, you know. H Like crime has gone, so people are like they're back because crime is out of control now. Like he he ran for mayor and was the Republican nominee against Eric Adams. But you know, and the way it's covered is like in response to the migrant crisis in New York. Actually, crime has gone way down since the late seventies and early eighties, and the only reason they're making a comeback now is because America is getting way more you know, fash friendly, fashi fashionable. You know, oh oh, trademark, trademark fash.
Speaker 2: Hey write that down on a piece of paper and mail it to yourself, trademarked, copywritten. Yeah. Yeah, so just more bad faith, I mean, because it's wild too, Like that organization started off as predominantly like black, Hispanic Latino like members too, and now it's just like, yeah, we're just here to kind of uphold native is fucking you know, fear mongering, and we got these berets though, yeah, we got it. Now.
Speaker 1: We got a uniform though, and then YPD eventually was like, hey, you guys are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah even, but like this whole thing used to start off being like the cops suck and they don't do enough, and people were like, oh, yeah, maybe you got a point here, And now he's just become just basically like a cosplayer with his jacket on I didn't realize that the John Gotti's son put a hit out on him. Did you know this is that true? That's true something? And he no, And he was legitimately kidnapped and shot by two like two hitmen, and he jumped out of the moving car. He was shot in the groin and legs.
Speaker 3: They said, who said that's that's actually happened to Curtis Leewood, that's like not night, Okay, Yeah, it's like the actually John Gotty's son was like, he's like, I didn't like what he said about my dad apparently, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then but then in ninety two, admitted to faking a half dozen acts of heroism to gain publicity. In the group's earliers, he is just kind of like an open book.
Speaker 2: I guess. Yeah, I was trying about that. But if he gets shot in my groin, that that sets anything.
Speaker 1: He was like, I gotta tell you I was lying about these ones because now like bad stuff is really happening to Yeah, like I'm getting roughed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Curtis, Curtis, Curtis. Yeah, it's just I mean, it's just wild though too, that you know. On Hannity you're just seeing this kind of horrific racial profiling just happened, and they're like, wow, oh yeah, his mother back home in Venezuela felt that cool. Cool, that was a cool line. Man. Wow. Fucking concrete. Yeah, I like to say that sucking concrete, it's real, just kind of it's evocative. You know, don't suck concrete, you all just.
Speaker 1: You know, to keep your mouth off the concrete, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please please. And and also if you work out airport, if you have any insight, can I really do? I'm just so fascinated because I'm going to be traveling in a couple of days. I'm gonna have to go and look at what the fuck's going with the check few. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the most outrageous prece that are happening. Yeah, if anybody works at an airport and like knows the process for setting prices, like, I'm very curious because there's a broad range.
Speaker 2: There has to be a logic, right that the industry applies that. It's like, I mean, the overhead, it's the They're probably gonna say it's the overhead. That's always the thing that they say. To be able to do business in an airport requires a tremendous amount of capital already, So why you're not frying the fucking planes. That's just what I'm That's what I've been told to say by my industry trade group, Salt Lake City, chexmex Three seventy nine, Saint Louis nine nine. Damn what it is.
Speaker 3: It's just like the people's ability, like are they just really pure of heart and utah, and they're like.
Speaker 2: We can't do that. That's come on, come on now, let's not go let's not get too greedy here.
Speaker 1: And it's doesn't really make any economic sense to me other than they're just making the shit out as they get.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they have like a spreadsheet and they're like, all right, see what happened when we made the fucking SmartWater eight ninety nine for a twenty ounce bottle. Okay, the sales went down by this many percent? All right, and not get down like fifty cents. We see where're at.
Speaker 2: It's probably some wild shit like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, February eighth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,