Speaker 1: Welcome to Guys We Find.
Speaker 2: The Anti slutshaming Podcast. I'm Hutchinson, I'm parent Fisher.
Speaker 3: Friends, bring us to flooding, your horny and your name?
Speaker 4: Hey it was love?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, talk about fucking.
Speaker 3: Hey, fuckers, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Welcome to another very exciting, very thrilling episode of Guys We Fucked.
Speaker 2: It's the Anti Slutchaman podcast. I'm Corine Fisher. I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show. Get your calendar out because there are some places where you are going to need to see us live. Number one is Los Angeles, California, on February fourteenth. That eight PM show is pretty much sold out, but if you wanted to take it to that, grab one of the last few if there's any remaining by the time that you hear this. After that, we added a second show at the Comedy Store Main room. It is ten thirty ten thirty. He and she just like it, which is like five am and lame. I know, but it's great because if you had dinner plans with your sweetye Pie or your girls or your guys, and that's the reason that you weren't coming, well, now you don't have that excuse you, and all the whole gang and the boyfriend and the husband and the guyfriend and the wafer come out the bastard children after and see that ten thirty pm show. Also, if you're coming to the eight pm show, listen. I know everyone doesn't have the funds, but it will be a completely different show from the eight pm show because it is the live experience, so no two shows are the same. So if you're traveling, if you're a super fan, we haven't been La in La together for a long time, so come to that ten thirty pm show.
Speaker 3: Love the Guys Who Fucked Experience shows.
Speaker 2: They're very fun. You never know to happen. I never know to happen. We don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 6: That's one of my favorite parts because I'm like, you know what, I know I can do a trust fall and I know it's going to be good because we've been doing this for ten years.
Speaker 3: Super fun.
Speaker 6: But the Guys Who Fucked Experience show is one of the most fun times I.
Speaker 3: Have on stage. So fun, love of pranking people.
Speaker 2: You don't want to mess that, no, you don't, And we'll get to we get to the other dates later, I want to get all right. If you want to send us an email, it's sorry about last night a show at gmail dot com. This subject line says, it is not normal in all caps to hate your spouse. Oh yeah, we know, we literally know that. Hi, Christina and Corien. I've been what I've been listening to g w AP since the beginning and I am a big fan of the show and love the perspectives you bring to sex, relationships, dating, and life. I have noticed in the last few weeks that the tone of the show has veered, in my opinion, a little cynical on relationships. You have you listened to the emails? I mean, yeah, I don't know that I was, even the past few weeks ago. I mean I think that's the entirety.
Speaker 3: Of the show.
Speaker 6: A lot of the emails we read make us cynical towards relationship because they're about bad relationships. Because you went right into an advice podcast, Yeah, relationship was perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, if if you thought that this show was somehow the point of it was for us to convince you to get into a relationship, you've been listening all wrong.
Speaker 3: But go to call her daddy. My good friends, I don't think that's what that's about either. To be honest, is she married, well did she get married yet? She's engaged?
Speaker 7: I just call her daddy. Is just like, you're famous, come talk to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just know that People magazine did an engagement shoot. I'm like, I could have been Main Karn. Oh God, I would never have done that.
Speaker 6: That's no, no, no, no, I mean in another fat like, in another way. Okay, maybe it does have your you know, Karen's dog's birthday photo shoot or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like maybe something for like, yeah, like a rescue or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like photographing your engagement in that way is very bad vibes.
Speaker 3: I worry that if I were a.
Speaker 2: Young single person listening to your show right now, a lot of worries for something that you're not. I mean, come on, I feel that there was no hope for me to have a happy marriage without some sort of weird trick to make it all work. Have you?
Speaker 6: But these are the emails that we read on the show. I am, I am in a relationship and I fucking love it. It's healthy and I don't really talk about it because it's healthy.
Speaker 3: No one gives a fuck.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to speak for Carin. I've thought we were. We've literally been talking like before the show started today about how frustrated I feel too, Like I maybe there is like a like a cynical twinge, but like this is also our personal experiences.
Speaker 2: Like again, I'll reiterate what I've said in the past a lot and like listen, we'll get through the whole email.
Speaker 3: You've just already annoyed us, so we stopped.
Speaker 2: But no, I uh to me, it's like Christina and I have talked about this before that like, yeah, our whole this is the number one of show primarily for women. Men are allowed to listen, but this is not for you, And so we're talking about Women are constantly sold that relationships are the thing, that's what the goal is. So the point of this show is to offer the other perspective. It's not to talk you out of the relationship. The relationship is the thing that is a hard cell since you fucking are born when you're a strust, but especially a straight woman.
Speaker 3: So we're showing you that, like, hey, if.
Speaker 2: You don't have one, or if it doesn't feel right, don't settle for anything less than what you absolutely want and what you absolutely deserve, and you're still going to be fine whether you're in a relationship or not. So if that's somehow been misconsered, I mean, obviously. Also, it's a comedy show, so we're making a ton of jokes. But and we've never I never thought it was normal. It's not normal to hate your spouse. We never thought that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we never.
Speaker 2: Thought that way. I want to make it clear how much I agree with you. Generally, most straight men are emotional babies looking for someone to coddle them and replace their mother. There are a lot of bad marriages out there that I wouldn't want to be a part of, and certainly men I wouldn't want to be married to totally.
Speaker 3: But I also want to.
Speaker 2: Provide some perspective from a guy who actually really likes wife and enjoys her company.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah as a friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, my wife and I met in college and have been together for nearly fourteen years, married for almost six point five years of marriage isn't a lot, but in that time we've been through some pretty serious shit too, So I feel like we've tested the strength of the relationship pretty well, for example, that's awesome. It clears up why the email annoyed me immediately out of the gates. Number one, I didn't even know. I thought it was a woman, and I'm still annoyed. Number one a nine month work rotation where we were about as physically far apart as it's possible to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So already you're making not a good case because.
Speaker 2: One of the best so much because you barely see her when.
Speaker 7: You were in a night rotation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, this sounds great.
Speaker 2: A life threatening illness treatment and the financial implication of.
Speaker 3: That, that's tough. Yeah, that's a big one.
Speaker 2: Financial ups and downs and periods where only one of us was earning.
Speaker 3: That's another stress.
Speaker 2: Little crushes and jealousies of course, parent family stuff, including actually living with the one set of parents for a year during COVID, across country move stressful jobs, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I'm already out regarding the article you read on error last episode about normalt marital.
Speaker 3: Hatred, which we thought was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Of that article, were you're listening to us, That article is crazy because you should never hate your spouse. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, we read it because it was awful. I think it's complete bullshit. Yeah, we agree, did you hear us? The fact that the author claimed they've toured the country and never found anyone who will push back on that is totally bogus.
Speaker 3: Agreed.
Speaker 2: I can say, for my part normal marital hatred is not a thing. I've never once hated her, and I'm pretty sure the same is true vice versa. I completely agree with you guys that if you ever hate your partner, that's a reliable sign that the relationship is over. I will say that in the vein of the reader email you read a few weeks ago from the girl who moved in with her boyfriend and found him annoying and feeling like he was robbing all her time. I do think that's normal and something that can be worked through.
Speaker 3: That was extreme.
Speaker 2: I don't agree in a relationship there will be times where your partner, I like how you're kind of speaking to us as if we've never been in a long term relationship, and I don't and I don't love it. Yeah, he's like man's plaining our own show to us.
Speaker 3: Bitch, we got it.
Speaker 7: After listening to anything that was said in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is well, you disagree what he brought up that article. I was like, yeah, we agree with you. But then he said, yeah, I agree with you also.
Speaker 7: Hey man, yeah, it's this is your relationship. This is one example. Yeah, you know against.
Speaker 3: Well people love to do.
Speaker 2: I thought, you know, it's so funny because we get a lot of criticism for like knocking marriage whatever, but people in marriages get so defensive in a way where like, God, if it was going well, you wouldn't need to tell us all about how great it is.
Speaker 6: Exactly, dude, therein lies the proof that you ain't having as good.
Speaker 3: Of a time as you telling everybody.
Speaker 2: This man just wrote us a manifesto on how great marriage is.
Speaker 3: Okay, hues red flag, I've ever seen my goddamn life.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first talking point was we had spend a lot of time at bart. I know, I love that part. I was so bored. I go, oh, yeah, honestly, yeah, that is what I know that the email.
Speaker 7: Yet then there's more coming.
Speaker 2: But this is this is I think this is like kind of the fun of reading emails that we can that we like every paragraph, we could dive in and have like a conversation for sure.
Speaker 7: But the whole, the whole point that I was trying to make is that I don't I don't think that I still don't think that as a as a collective, we shit on the idea of like that nobody should be married and whatever. Like I think, I think I want that for myself. The marriage is a beautiful thing, right, But I think that I do think that there is It's it's funny that this person is using the sample size of one to explain that we're wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I have a whole larger theory on this, but I mean I I do think heterosexual men are absolutely quivering in their boots because word has spread that marriages are really mostly a disservice to heterosexual women, and so they've gone out of their way in things that I've seen online to really fight for these like traditional values and traditional.
Speaker 6: Values such a red flag if you hear that coming out of anybody's fucking mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, men are absolutely quivering their boots because they they they they know, they've known the whole time what a great setup heterosexual marriage is for them, and now we finally fucking caught on and so they need to resell it to us.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I think it's a situational but okay, no, no, but no, but listen, I was just going to add, the only men that are actually equivaling in their boots when Karen brings up this topic, or when these topics are brought up anyway, are the ones that are not bringing it in the relationship. And like ride and pretty, you know what I mean, Like, you wouldn't get offended by her saying that if you weren't that kind of guy.
Speaker 2: If I was happy and happily married and I heard some ladies talking on a show talking, you know, about how marriage isn't good, I would just sit at home and go, well, I mean, I hope they find someone someday, because yeah, it really can be great.
Speaker 3: And then I'd move on with my day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all right, back to the cemail. Now, in a relationship, there will be times where your partner just gets on your nerves or everything they do drives you nuts, and where their little thought flaws really feel big and apparent.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you for clearing that up for me, sir. I can't tell that all by myself. I no, I've only was someone for seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot dated some over five years and then multiple two, two and a half three, Like, what are we talking about here? Sometimes that's an hour or a day. Sometimes it's a week or even months. Okay, well, mon Mons.
Speaker 3: When I bring up months is when you go out months, you're getting gone right too, inconvenient for me? See you later.
Speaker 2: Relationships are definitely cyclical, but if you're doing them right, then the highs and lows get progressively higher over time, the highs and the lows get Yeah, I mean, so the highs are higher and the lows are also higher. I guess that's the point. I can remember a period like the one she described. It was about a year after we first moved in together, when it felt like I never got the apartment to myself and she just always was just always there, and it made me really unreasonably annoyed to have her in my space all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, it was your communal space.
Speaker 2: So I think that's particularly normal when you're first merging your lives, moving in, figuring out, Yeah, renewing my lease again because I don't want to move with my boyfriend, because separate apartments is kind of better.
Speaker 3: Yea, how you're going to do, especially when's the same neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I know, yes, there's not same building, but a block away same building as my that's my same building as my molding is probably ideal, but like a block away, different homes. I yeah, I would just like to like kind of like be like, oh I forgot something and run back, you know, and then be like, oh, sorry, I fell asleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoops.
Speaker 2: I'm reasonably annoyed to have her in my space all the time. I think that's particularly normal when you're first merging your lives, moving and figuring out how you're jointly prioritize time and money, et cetera. Well, also, you don't, you don't have to join prior do money. I never want to do that, But hatred not normal. There is some big secret. We don't have separate bedrooms or spend half the year on separate coasts. You literally just talked about a nine months when you were like in a rotation where you didnt see each other, but okay, or anything like that. We even share the vast majority of our friends and spend a lot of time together.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of oaks there.
Speaker 2: Maybe we are playing on relationship easy mode since we very intentionally don't have kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that probably does help.
Speaker 2: But I've also seen very strong, joyful slash fun partnerships with young kids in them me too, Like we're on TV.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: A man just heard two women talking for an extended period of time and he said he needed to cut in.
Speaker 3: I just can't work into this set.
Speaker 7: I don't know like I I have seen. Of course, I have friends that are married and it seems great because they they like each other and it works for them. I have I've seen adults that are married where I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like my parents were married and I grew up in a home like like in the house with them.
Speaker 7: It's just it's just like it is taking is it is taking this seriously to a degree that we seldom to see on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I know if there is a secret, in my opinion, it is really like each other and building a partnership with your own rules slash aligned with your values. Having had the chance to observe many couples, we often remark to each other that we think we like others more than other people like each other. We like each other more than other people do. Cut all that they get in this email is there. This is my own thing. But like the excessive use of we when you're in a couple, it's it's just like fucking nails on a chalk war.
Speaker 3: I can't when I when I.
Speaker 2: Ask someone, oh, oh you went to the movies, how was it? And they go, we really liked it? I go, are you sharing a brain? It's I know, I like, I know, reacting too hard to know you're not like just people I really love.
Speaker 3: And respect to it.
Speaker 2: And I just go, I have to see what we're doing this weekend. Where will you be on Saturday? Where will your body be?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it will.
Speaker 2: Be in my lover's body because we are one lover and we when we have sex, it's just masturbation because we're one person.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I hate one.
Speaker 2: Heart, one brain, one ask it like ruins my day when I went someone when I front responds to me with the with the wei for someone I didn't ask about, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I actually don't even want to hang out with you anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm so good, Thank you so much for that. Yeah, it doesn't I totally get it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's an overreaction, but it's just like, yeah, my personal.
Speaker 6: Thing that drives me fucking When I hear that from I usually hear it mostly from from women, but I when I hear that from anybody, I'm like, oh, it.
Speaker 3: Makes me go, oh god, oh lord, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when it's like you're when you were asking about their boyfriend or girlfriend. What it's also like, especially when it's like when I'm asking your specific opinion on like an artistic piece, and you come out and it's like a concert or a movie and it's like, we didn't like, so you have the same you're loving your opinion, you had the same reaction to it. That's well, then you need some You need to go to a doctor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to go. And happens your brainy to go.
Speaker 2: Who is that presidential candidate? That that doctor guy who separated the conjoined twins.
Speaker 3: You need to go to that guy. Oh my lord, he's a bad candidate. But separated those twins. That was cool of them, That was really cool.
Speaker 2: Apparently it isn't normal, person, We go, oh, apparently it isn't normal for people to actually pick someone they really really like to partner with. We prioritize each other's feelings, compromise and hold ourselves to a pretty high standard in terms of how we interact, you know, fighting or raising voices, Lots and lots of open and pretty direct communication. At our wedding and uncle of mine with a forty plus year marriage came up to us and took us each by the shoulder and said, in his language, all you have to do is love each other a lot. All you have to do is love each other a lot. I know that was supposed to be meaningful, but it wasn't. I figured, Yeah, why'd you say it twice? Because I guess he's why did he type it twice? I'm guessing the uncle said it like it just doesn't It doesn't translate an email book.
Speaker 7: I got your uncle must have been hammer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know if the uncle was on cocaine and repeated himself.
Speaker 2: Love each other, each other, such other a lot. One of my absolute greatest joys in life is when people say something that they think is going to be profound, and then they wait a beat afterwards it and then there's like a slow clapp especially when I'm.
Speaker 8: Like wow, wow, dude, yeah, during the during the parent speeches at a wedding, like they I always think they're dropping like gold.
Speaker 3: And it's always like a magnet you would buy in the Hallmark store. It's so corny. You're like, is this from a roadside stand? This is awful.
Speaker 2: It's like one of the it's like a piece of advice from one of the tiny books at the Barnes and Noble checkout, or the mag the refrigerator magnet, the ones that you're like, if you have a book like this in your home or a magnet like that on your fridge, you're about to kill yourself and you're just trying so hard not to. Oh god, Okay, back to this. I think about that a lot. It really is that simple. Yet no, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? I have to do is love each other a lot. What if your kid gets murdered? I know you don't have to, but yeah, I can honestly say I think I love her more and more every year we're together.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful. That's I feel.
Speaker 7: I don't exactly it's great, great.
Speaker 3: We're also happy for you.
Speaker 6: No, but that's that is beautiful, But like that's something that's you should continue to.
Speaker 3: Stay in a relationship when this is how it feels.
Speaker 7: And the advice can never be. All you have to do is love each other a lot. Are we children?
Speaker 2: Because bound to respect each other, you have to make sure you you you prioritize your own personal time.
Speaker 3: There's like so many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, if you want to talk about, all you have to do is love each other a lot.
Speaker 3: May I recommend to you, sir?
Speaker 2: The George and Tammy mini series about George Jones and Tammy. Why not they loved each other a lot? If they stayed in the same house, one of them would be dead. Yes, obviously, and and I think and it's so interesting because even the spouses that they ultimately remarried, who they died when they were married to these spouses, even those other spouses recognize that George and Tammy were so in.
Speaker 7: Love with each other.
Speaker 3: Wow, how strong that was.
Speaker 2: Obviously there is conflict, and sure any given day or week, there may be something she does or some habit that makes me roll my eyes or get annoyed.
Speaker 3: Sure you're not friends either.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I didn't like how that was only direct I know, but hatred and real tension in a marriage is just not unavoidable. I wish more people our age understood how fun it can be. Well, I mean this as fun, my guy, if you commit to finding someone you really really like. Apologies for the long email, but this has been on my mind for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you got your thoughts out, but I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm not as annoyed because I'm like, Okay, this guy is in a really happy relationship and I.
Speaker 3: Wants to share it. Yeah, like when you first go vegan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is the thing. Christina's absolutely right, And this is the thing that happens when people who are in relationships when they're happy. This is what they did.
Speaker 2: We like, yeah, and they'll talk about the shit on stage.
Speaker 7: So when you're in your thirties and you're single and people like your friends that are in happy, committed relationships, like it's great that they are happy, but they make it sound like it's such a slam dunk easy thing for people to just I'm not. I'm obviously like, I'm a person that is hoping to be in a relationship with some I've watched that, of course, but it's not like a piece of cake. It's like when your parents.
Speaker 3: Your mom is a lot like why do you already have a girlfriend such a la that's.
Speaker 7: Fucking easy to just pick somebody and choose to love them.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, conditionally, we're living in a time where a lot of people's personality disorders, mental illnesses, things they have to work like, we're not like you were saying this earlier before we recorded for like and I and I've noticed it too. There's not a lot of people working on themselves, so like when you are somebody who's working on yourselves, like, dating is a fucking nightmare.
Speaker 7: It's awful.
Speaker 2: And you were in the city where people people are like on top of their ship. It's New York City, but it's still a fucking nightmare to date here because the dating pool gets smaller and.
Speaker 7: Older that you get to if you if you get into your thirties and you still don't have a part Like I don't feel like this all the time, but it's hard toties.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel that in early thirties.
Speaker 7: Or even I'm approaching mid and and there's there's times where I feel like that, and I feel this way about myself too. I'm not saying about the people that are sure, but there are times where I'm just like where we're like what's left. We're kind of like the spare parts at times, and a lot of times it's like people that are myself, I.
Speaker 3: Think of that at all.
Speaker 2: I think most a lot of single people are the people who are like they're not so amazing that they don't need anyone.
Speaker 7: I don't feel that way in any way.
Speaker 2: I could want to a lot of single women I know are like fucking fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say, the New York single woman and the New York single man are two very different species of person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just because it's a different lifestyle. Because yeah, yeah, I think that, Like, actually I kind of agree with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of tremendous single guys, Like you're like one of the few. I know a lot of tremendous single women, a lot of tremendous single women.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm no, I'm not, And you are one of the few. Mic, you really are a tremendous guy.
Speaker 7: But the broader point that I'm just trying to make is that, like I hate being condescended to by people like this, Yeah, because I get it. Of course, I don't think on this show we've ever said that, like there's no such thing as a as a good. But don't condescend to me that because your relationship is great, that like like we should all.
Speaker 2: Throw I don't an email from his wife because I don't believe this model.
Speaker 3: I want to take second.
Speaker 2: That's what I was about to say. I was like, let's take this one step further. Sir, who wrote us? Who listens, and we appreciate you writing wife? Right the next one, I want your wife to write us. I would love all to give her. I want her assessment unfiltered by you. Hopefully we will never know. We just have to trust you. But I want to know what she thinks. No, she has to get what she needs. They need to handwrite it and have it, take a photo of it. Know what's the thing where you this stamp and.
Speaker 3: A baby baying.
Speaker 2: I need a public notary. You can, oh, you can do it on zoom. Now they have public notaries on zoom. I got it done sometimes zoom. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was great. There was just like some lawyer sitting alone in his bedroom and he was like, hi, he he was one step away from the end. But that was but that was the easiest notary I ever got.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just less notary. But and also like, okay, so yes, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, if you don't get in a relationship, you're missing out on some parts. But I take that and my response to you is, I also think if you make the choice to get married, you're missing out on just certain levels of self actualization that I really don't think you can reach in a.
Speaker 3: Long term relationship. Either way, you're sacrificing.
Speaker 2: I don't really think one is better than the other, but I definitely think to say that. You know, people in marriages love to say, oh, you're missing out on so much if you don't get married. I say that same that point back to you, guys, and not not out of hate, not of not of my choice is better than your choice or any like that. But I really think the same is true for married people. I think there's a lot that you're missing out of, and there's levels of self actualization and like personhood and development and aha moments that you're just not gonna get when you have that other person.
Speaker 3: There or our interview with doctor Depollo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, first of all, the happiest person I've ever spoken to in my entire thirty five years of existing, but the happiest person I've ever spoken to. Ye yeah, yeah, everything she was saying. And I and I'm saying this as somebody who's in a relationship that I genuinely like, am thankful for pretty much daily. I'm like, she is absolutely right, And it makes me so sad that, as Kron was saying earlier, it's mostly women that have been convinced this, But I think society as a whole, like men and women have both been convinced this, just women.
Speaker 3: A little bit harder.
Speaker 6: Is that the relationship is the thing. The relationship is what you want to get into.
Speaker 2: And it's like, what if we spend our lives falling in and out of love with people as we see fit and.
Speaker 6: Are It's like, are the real orny is us with ourselves? Like that's so meaningful, And you have so much control over where you want to go, Like, truly, sky's the limit when you're single.
Speaker 3: When you are in a relationship, there are limits. There are limits. There's limits on who you could fuck if that's your agreement.
Speaker 6: There's limits on what to cook for dinner, because there's another human being that you have to be being considerate of.
Speaker 3: Another person is a real pain in the ass. Yeah. No, but it can be.
Speaker 2: And it's regardless of if they're the best person in the world, and I hope they are, but it still takes away energy from you.
Speaker 3: And I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 6: Every human being should make sure that at least one day out of the week they are the only living creature in their home or apartments if you can, if you can figure that out, because it is so unhealthy to just be with another person all the time.
Speaker 3: It's so unhealthy for your soul.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just think it, really, It just really reeks of suspiciousness that single people never try to sell this single experience to married people, but married people are always trying to.
Speaker 3: Sell married life to us.
Speaker 2: The truth might be walking around being quiet, yeah yeah, yeah, because they're happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the only time we're talking about it is when we're constantly badgered by people saying, why you single?
Speaker 3: What do you That's that's.
Speaker 2: When we're talking about it, when we're fucking badgered.
Speaker 3: Yeah we're not. We're not just going out and standing on a milk crate. No, I was single for a long, like for like two years. I think it was.
Speaker 2: No one asked me. I think you were going through some stuff. To be honest, I think it's funny. Now it wasn't funny then, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was like I never got that. That's why. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well I actually I get, I get, and again I get unreasonably angry because from time to time people will be like, oh, come to this place, will be like a lot of single guys, or like that's what's going to get you out, or try to like hook me up with someone, and I go, no, no, no, guys, not that that's not a priority.
Speaker 3: Like are you're not recording the whole time?
Speaker 7: Michael, No, no, no, no, no, no, I had I had something to add.
Speaker 3: No no, I'm can you imagine that was that was a stressful.
Speaker 5: No no no.
Speaker 3: My point is is not that that's what we get.
Speaker 2: My point is I find it extremely offensive that just because you are not in a relationship, everyone assumes that if you're not in a relationship the whole time, you want to be in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I go, no, if I wanted a boyfriend, not hard. We've we've established on the show.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I go, you know, I'm not I'm not looking, I'm not interested, I'm not that's not something I'm pursuing. You created a great life for yourself, and you enjoy your own company.
Speaker 3: I don't want to meet your friends.
Speaker 6: A relationship should always be the cherry on top to an already beautiful life you have. That goes for men, women, non binary, everybody in between, all the humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go No, I don't want to meet You're shitty. As Mike said left over Front, Michael, you have something to say, Well, I had.
Speaker 7: I had some there. I don't think I told this story on this show, but I was telling I was relaying it to somebody recently. During the that one week between Christmas and New Year's that's like a really tough week, especially if you're a single and alone.
Speaker 6: It's like my favorite week of the years.
Speaker 7: So I was just alone for a week. Nobody was in town. Nobody sounds like heaven is awful.
Speaker 3: Didn't you need a break though? You were so overworked this year.
Speaker 7: It's not a break when you're just kind of sitting there.
Speaker 3: You want to bond, you want to have a connection.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, it was bad with friends there, A lot of them have left.
Speaker 3: You could have come to my house. I was just kicking it. I I'm inviting him over to your place.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm sure, all right, go to What the fuck? So, Mike, I was talking to somebody that when I was in my early twenties I kind of had like a little fling with this woman's married now for probably almost a decade. We were just kind of like talking casually and she facetimed me and she was doing this, and I.
Speaker 3: Like what this guy is doing. She was trying to sell your marriage.
Speaker 7: The selling of marriage.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 7: Click yeah, and her whole thing is just like I just like, like I love my husband so much. I just want other people to be as happy as we are.
Speaker 3: I fucked ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Ever called me and talked and give me.
Speaker 7: Never hooked up. We like worked together at the W and like it was never like that, but we.
Speaker 3: Were and wants to be your friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So she she said something to me because I was trying to like push past the subject. I was like, I'm fine, yeah, like I'm a little like I'm fine, I'm fine. She was like, well, I could like set you up with somebody that was in my sorority who like she's like she's single and she's about our age and she's you know, she's not really that like attractive, but she's still wow art.
Speaker 3: So I was just like, I just told she just confused. She doesn't know herself.
Speaker 7: Do you think that I'm just hanging out alone for the sake of because I because there's nobody in my life that I could just like pull down and be like, all right, you, let's get married. It's not really the point, yeah, of the like the experience of like trying to meet somebody that is like meaningful to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: And I think that's the thing. I think a lot of people that are married seem to get lost on the concept. I'm happy that anybody can do it and be very happy and find their person or whatever. But if you don't feel that way that you have that person in your life, like I personally, I would like to get there, but you can't just pick. They're not just hanging off of trees, right.
Speaker 3: This is not an easy thing. Dating is a lot of work.
Speaker 6: Finding a job is a lot of work, and dating they're both separately full time jobs, right, Sometimes, So it's like like and again, Michael Ozaranda, I just I've realized so recently a lot of these people are picking partners, not soulmates, and it's a completely different thing. And so with us, with our annoying, fucking art artsy fartsy minds, we're all looking for soulmates. So many people are content with partner, and more power to Yeah. I think if you can be content with a partner, your life's going to be easier to be frank, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: A partner is exactly what it says. It's a partner. A soulemate is pain in your fucking ass. Yeah, who's gonna make you? You're gonna fucking jump off a bridge one day? Yeah right, yeah, right, yeah, yep, I love huh. If you're willing to jump already for me, I'm not interested. Oh yeah, thanks for that email.
Speaker 6: Thanks for email. I want to hear from your wife. Please, can we hear from your wife now? Just to see, just to see, Okay, Yeah, guys, after you come see us in Los Angeles on Valentine's Day for the ten thirty PM show. After you've had the dinner with you girls, come see us other places. This is going back a little chronologic order, but February ninth and tenth, if you're in New Jersey, it's a big state. But I'll be right across the river from Manhattan at Banana's Comedy Club headlining that. And then February twenty fourth is a Saturday Save the date links are not up yet. That's gonna be the next Wait What Live. And on March twenty second and twenty third, I am headlining the Blue Room in Springfield, Missouri. And my debut stand up comedy album, Good Girl Barbara, is that now a failed thank you so much for listening, is now available for you to stream.
Speaker 3: You can buy it. You don't have to do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: It's all the platforms anywhere you would get music or a comedy album, you can now listen to it.
Speaker 3: And I'm really proud of it. The jokes have.
Speaker 6: I mean, I recorded it a year ago and yeah, I listened back and I was like, okay, yeah it still hits. I like it, So yeah, I'm really I'm really excited about that. And then I have a Patreon. I've talked to you about this every week. Guys, you know the deal, but I'll remind you again. Every week I host group Zoom Sherapy.
Speaker 2: Where you can just come in for an hour and talk about whatever you want. And I gotta say, the people that I tracked don't do small talk, and I really love that we get deep if you're feeling suicidal, if you feeling This is not a replacement for therapy in any way, but it is nice to just fucking vent and get stuff off your chest. And a lot of times people are going through something similar and they could chime in with much more helpful advice than I could come up with. And I like using it as a you know, a kind not an open mic. But I'll insert humor when I find it appropriate.
Speaker 6: And I gotta say, comedy's healing and good at it in these circles. So Patreon dot com, slash Christina Hutchinson and then the Voices in Our Heads. My podcast on Big Mikey, Big Dong, Dicky Coscarellies Network, Slickback Studios comes out every Monday. And that's all for me.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: And then of the next Guys We Fucked Live experience in New York is going to be Thursday, March seventh at seven pm at the MasterCard Midnight Theater. So if you can't make it to the February one, jot that down in your calendar because there might be a little bit of a hey at us after that. We're not sure yet, we do not know what our lives. Will invite tickets and we'll do it more, but for me personally. Then February twenty ninth through March second, I am headlining the DC Comedy Loft and Washington, d C. With Chloe la Branch featuring and I have a bunch more dates. That poster will be coming out soon, but a bunch more dates for this spring, so stay.
Speaker 3: Tuned for a venue near you.
Speaker 2: And of course, my show Without a Country comes out every Wednesday on YouTube and also everywhere you listen to podcasts. It usually premieres around like nine pm at night on YouTube if you are like where does a premiere? But because I do recommend watching that show live. But it's been really great lately. We've been having so many amazing guests. We had a veterinarian on, we had a journalist on, really digging deep into things. So if you're interested in like asking why is the world.
Speaker 3: The way it is?
Speaker 2: If you want to get active, yeah, if you want to be an active participant in society, if you don't like America, if you love America, I think it's a show for all these kinds of people, but it's for people who want to be active participants in the world in which they think and strengthen their critical thinking skills. That's that show. Give it a listen, all right, yay, all right. I wanted to say real quick.
Speaker 6: Ashanti, a friend of the show, a friend and listener to the show, sent me an Instagram video yesterday. By the handle was the Cindy Noir and oh I r and oh yeah, and she did this kind of like stitch together Instagram post about how it's a really interesting concept that people pleasing is a form of manipulation.
Speaker 3: Oh I actually saw that.
Speaker 6: I think so true because Cindy was saying, She's like, the thing that got me to stop people pleasing immediately is when I realized the truth to it.
Speaker 3: It is one hundred percent manipulation.
Speaker 6: You're just using positive things to manipulate, but you're manipulating people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's self serving. Yeah, so self serving. And I'm like, oh my god, if that's not I mean, my people pleasing things aren't really they're not. They don't really surface that much anymore, but they used to.
Speaker 6: My god, but a lot of people I think struggle with people pleasing, And so if you are somebody who struggles with it, I invite you to reframe it in your head as a as a part of manipulation. You're not doing that person a service. You're not doing yourself a service by people pleasing. It's like such a trap. It's such a it's a prison, but the door of the prison.
Speaker 3: Cell is wide open.
Speaker 2: You's got to walk at it, right because, like she kind of explains, like they're they're yesing the people pleasers are yesing people basically to manipulate the reaction that they want out of the person, right, yeah, which is like I did watch that, yeah one oh one manipulation and I'm like, wow, I can't believe that's what a what a profound, simple thing that's kind of been lying there this whole time about people pleasing that I've never looked into.
Speaker 6: So thank you Ashanti and at the Cindy Noir and I just wanted to read this really quick. I read this on the bonus episode a little bit. I'm revisiting this book Woman Code. I was reading it last night in bed. Usually I read to go to sleep, but then I ended up reading like a hundred pages of this book, and I was very excited.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I need to talk about.
Speaker 6: This again on the show because a couple of people DM me when I talk about last year. But you know, my birthday is coming up in a month ish, February nineteenth, and usually I'll start celebrating my birthday February first, and my preferred way of celebrating is just to.
Speaker 3: Buy my stuff. I buy myself stuff, say anything I want. But instead this year.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm going to work on the relationship I have with my own body and my health instead of buying shit. I'll probably also buy some stuff, But you know, but this book is really intriguing and one of the reasons why the second time I've read this it just the information hits more.
Speaker 3: I'm like, fuck, how do people not know this?
Speaker 6: How are women going to doctors to guide ecology appointment and the guynecologists I've never heard of guide to coologists talk about any of the shit. And this is so vital to living your life. So she talks about cycle sinking, meaning your your menstrual cycle. There's four hormonal phases and in each phase, your hormone levels in your body are completely different. So you're going to be more skilled in certain areas than you are in others. And so she talks about she makes a case for really planning out your month, if you can buy with your cycle, and kind of if you can save certain activities like asking for a raise for when you're ovulating.
Speaker 3: And we've all, like you felt this? Have you ever felt that?
Speaker 6: I talk about this with my girlfriends a lot when I am ovulating, all know, because of the reaction of everybody around me, Like I just I'm much more magnetic, and I'll walk into a bar and get hit on.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I really feel very little change in my entire body or personality because of my mention menstrual cycle.
Speaker 6: To be honest, you're very You're one of the fortunate ones. Yeah, but yeah, this little, this little chunk. I just wanted to read Rebuilding your relationship with your body. I was never looking for the menstrual cycle to be the holy grail of my life. I came at this strictly from the standpoint of beeding to heal myself physically. Because she went to a doctor, she was overweighted, she had sistic acne, her hair was fucked up, and she her doctor was like Rod Bruce control. But what I found from honoring the four phases of my cycle, and what I see in the women I work with every day who learn these same skills, is that doing so gives a woman act says to so much more than a healthier, more fertile, more energetic body. Women who partner with their hormones live more efficiently and strategically. These women end up becoming the fullest expression of themselves and live as leaders and change agents in their own.
Speaker 3: Lives and communities. You can tell her client bases.
Speaker 6: New York City women, But the changes you'll make or require so much more than simply following my protocol for what to eat, what to do, and how to live each of the four phases of your menstrual cycle. For this plan to be successful and to truly heal your castaway condition, it must become an effortless part of your monthly experience, and that requires a fundamental paradigm shift in the current relationship you have with your body. Let's face it, many women would rather exist from the neck up and would prefer their bodies take care of themselves. And yet the hormonal breakdown that results from ignoring your woman code.
Speaker 3: This is the word that she's given.
Speaker 6: It is very likely what led you to pick up this book in the first place. That's why I want to make it clear. Living and sync with your weekly flux will actually bolster, not deter your career Secces. It's because you'll be leveraging your mental and physical abilities week by week to work more cleverly and seamlessly, instead of pushing against your hormonal current every step of the way. After living within this habit of sinking with my cycle for several years, I began to see even more profoundly how well is it fits not just with my own body's natural rhythm, but with how my brain is designed too. And this is the part that I was like, this is very interesting. Women's brains, I learned, function more holistically than men's brains, that is, with the richer conversation between the left and the right hemispheres. As a result, we synthesize multiple pieces of data simultaneously and feel better when we're integrating many different aspects of our lives at once. Men's brains, on the other hand, function in a more binary fashion. Each man is more dominantly right brained or left brained. That's why it seems easier for men to live their lives in a rather linear fashion, while women require a life in which were instantly synthesizing and integrating pieces of information. This reality of synthesis and integration can seem overwhelming and complex, which is why I was completely inspired when I discovered that syncing up with my cycle meant that I could leverage my own hormones and brain behavior and be incredibly productive and efficient.
Speaker 3: So little that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why man needed a girlfriend at the office and at home.
Speaker 3: Because I can't synthesize. Yeah, that was for you, Mike. That was for you.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But if Mike leaves this show and immediately gets into a healthy relationship, oh my god.
Speaker 7: You know I've had that thought.
Speaker 3: Are you kay? We're just in his ear too much? Every week? I've had that conversation I want more for you, Mike. Yeah. Well I mean, wait, what conversation like, whether you guys are in my ear too much? Yeah? We might be, but that's it.
Speaker 2: Then the conversation I think you na with your therapist is why am I so easily influenth? But also too it does I've never been around someone a lot and been like, oh my opinion changed.
Speaker 3: Either cult, it's.
Speaker 7: Hard to be a long time you guys have been in yes, And.
Speaker 6: I got to say talking about like we curning you and I and you too, Michael. We have a very unique experience with having to talk about relationships and sex and sexuality, and we want life unique.
Speaker 3: That's what I reate.
Speaker 2: It Every week is a lot you like, someone say draining, so I don't say it. Someone say it makes your own life implode on.
Speaker 3: And it's like, there's so much more to life than these topics.
Speaker 6: These topics are a big part of one's life that you want them to be, but like, there's so much more to life, but there is. It does something to you, the effects not yet known by talking about it so often.
Speaker 7: Well, I think really the thing for me that I think has affected me is that I We've kind of talked about this before, but I think what happens to me is that I sit here and I listen to you guys, and I listen to the listeners who will write in and kind of address their you know, bring up their problems with their boyfriends or guys they like or whatever. And I think that I take a lot of that stuff and I put it out into the world in my life. So when I'm in the well, the thing is, I really think that there is I try my best to be pretty self actualized and I've done a lot of work to try to get there. And I think what happens is you get out into the world as a man and you take those things with you, and a lot of times women are so not used to dealing with that that it I think a lot of times they don't know how to handle it. And I don't want to say that they're scared of it. Maybe that's an element of it, but I just think they're so much more comfortable with dealing with like what their do with men just kind of like the men that like Z exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, when men have standards, it annoys women. I will I've seen that all the time. I have been and I'll be all annoyed by men for having standards, and I go.
Speaker 3: But it's beyond don't do that.
Speaker 7: It's beyond standards. It's like it's it's being deferential in a lot of ways, it's being it's it's like being a good listener, being somebody that will kind of like ask about the day and actually listen, you know, and bring something up later. It's like, I think women say that they want that stuff, and I think that they do, but I think what happens is they want it from the guy that doesn't do it.
Speaker 3: They want it from the bad boy. Yeah, they want it from the guy that they change, right.
Speaker 7: Exactly, That's exactly right, Christina. So I think that because I'm here and I'm thinking about this constantly, and I'm thinking about like what I heard that week and being like, all right, well, like let me try to address this in my own life. I think a lot of times it like kind of comes back to bite me in the ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say, oh my good woo woo for a second, the relationship that I'm in now did not start off healthy in any way and remained unhealthy for many years. If somebody read it wrote to us and was like, this is the situation was exactly my situation, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, bitch, what what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Run?
Speaker 6: But I gotta say, like it is, and part of it, like the noise, You have to shut out the noise while still taking in whatever this person that you're trying to date is like doing and stuff, but it's also a matter of I don't think people talk about this enough, like sitting still with yourself and going, how do I want to feel in a relationship like my most ideal romantic relationship for me?
Speaker 2: That I could think of? What would that feel like for me? Anenterpist loves to ask that question, but I think.
Speaker 6: But that's and that's what I started doing, certainly over the pandemic. It's one of the reasons why I've loved One of the many reasons why I loved it the pandemic is because I actually got to sit and think and there was no noise of like wait what You just got to get to it.
Speaker 2: It's so simple, but you just got to go, how would I feel safe? Okay, well what does that mean? I feel listened to? Like you were saying, Michael, that example you brought is a beautiful one. In a relationship of any kind, when somebody brings up something again, it's like Karen's gift giving skills, so you're like, holy shit, you listen in a very intimate, deep way that's like beautiful and feels like what's a lot like it's a lot of love and so thinking of those things. I'm not letting yourself get drowned out by all the you know, dumb butchery we're reading in the zimbox.
Speaker 7: Well, and a lot of times it's either like like I think, coming from a male perspective, A lot of times it I think it feels sort of like like you said, Christina, like they remember Hannah bernerd told the story about her and Dez.
Speaker 2: I loved that story when Dez was like, you're going to play games, I don't want to be with you by.
Speaker 7: But I think that works. Another marriage, I don't know it does was like before that, but I think that works because it's like a guy who like she was kind of already a little bit a little bit. Yeah, I think it works. Like I honestly I had I had more women who I think were into me when I was like less, when I was doing less work on myself, women that were interested in me, like and trying.
Speaker 3: To get to meet this I see.
Speaker 7: I mean now I think that like women like spending time with me, but they like it to a point, and then I think when they when they it's time to kind of make a decision on whether or not we're going to like, well, they don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be required to show up for you.
Speaker 2: It is exhausting when someone actually like has standards and you have to. Like, we as women, I think we're not used to having to be on our best behavior.
Speaker 3: I think that is a very accurate that could be it. Yeah, I think it's a very accurate thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean yeah, I mean, and also I mean I think like week to tweak, Like, I think sometimes the listeners misconstrue our how draining it is to have to like use like something that's like a core part of human existence, like your relationships as fodder kind of, and to constantly overanalyze it. So sometimes I think it comes off as like we're burned out on the show, and I realize that when in reality, it's like I would love.
Speaker 3: To see any of you do this for ten years.
Speaker 2: We really love That's why I'm talking about hormones now right Like I don't want to talk about dick right now.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't feel like it it is to constantly have to ask yourself questions and analyze your own behavior. It's just really it's difficult, and it's going to make you see things in yourself that like you're I mean, I just feel like it's been wonderful because you're like, I feel like we advance like more quickly because we're forced to because it's our homework every week.
Speaker 3: But also it's like, yeah, it makes.
Speaker 6: You put in a bad mood a lot, Yeah, because then it makes other people's like bad behaviors more jarring in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then kind of going off the bad behavior.
Speaker 2: This actually goes into one of the things I wanted to talk about in the intro this week, which is I was thinking about it and I was like, I feel like women are more boring than we think we are on dates because we are so used.
Speaker 3: And I knew you would agree with me. I knew you would agree with me. I feel like agree with you.
Speaker 2: I feel like we are just kind of it's been set up society again. This is heterosexual that we show up and we look pretty and we sit there. And part of it is that, you know, men don't love listening to us talk a lot. I mean, I know that's not true for you, but there are many men who don't enjoy listening to it.
Speaker 3: But and and so we don't know how to be interesting and.
Speaker 2: More importantly, like we don't how to we don't know how to sell ourselves on a day, because there is an element of selling yourself on a date. And I really feel like I felt like that when I was on the Improptu date for two, like hecked Like both those guys had really interesting stories and I don't want to say they were cueued up to impress me, but like, and I'm sitting there thinking, I'm like, I am a really interesting person. I'm literally living my dreams. I have a ton of interesting stories, but like I don't have the ability, like on a Rollodex, to just pull them up and prepared in a discinct way with like you know, almost like a stand up act. These men had things prepared like this one guy they act, Yeah, he told me to give me the hits, like we're getting a story about.
Speaker 3: Like the death of his of his of his dog.
Speaker 2: And then the other guy, I mean, the other guy just had has a whiley entertaining life because of other factors. But like, and in my head, I'm sitting there going like I probably am coming office boring right now, and like, I guess it doesn't matter, because I think these two men are like kind of like trying to impress me.
Speaker 3: So in the dynamic right now, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But it really made me think of like if I was trying to impress one of these guys, like I don't got I don't have the goods right now to do so.
Speaker 3: And I think that's like true.
Speaker 2: I've heard a lot of my guy friends talk about going on dates with women they were interested in and being bored. And I think when we're interested, and I think when we think about ourselves as women, like you know, we should on men all the time, and like we're like impress us, show up, do this. But it's like are you we don't do that? Are you being interesting on your dates? Do you have a story? Do you have a first date act? Because I sure as hell.
Speaker 3: Doc I do. What are you talking about? That's why I love dating.
Speaker 6: I got I got aliens, ghosts, I got so many stories on date.
Speaker 3: I love dating because I got so many.
Speaker 2: Well, but aliens and ghosts is just you other other information that you know. I have information that I know that I can pass along. I'm talking about like kind of stories that say to show who you are going to le's see the thing.
Speaker 6: Is you can't for I guess for me going to on a date like with saying I'm going to talk about this and this, you can't do that because you don't know how the vibe is going to be. You got to see what interests that other person and what are there sure areas of expertise or areas of interest or where does there where.
Speaker 7: Do you live? Christina? You could?
Speaker 3: I love dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I'm super good at like talking to people and like listening and getting deep into and like I can go deep fast, like that's no problem. But as far as like, like I sell myself about my life story not really, No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I sell yourself about your life because you know, I don't really have that.
Speaker 3: No. I think you need to though.
Speaker 2: If you're trying to press someone, you need to have you need to have a story off which you're selling yourself, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have that.
Speaker 2: I also think that my career, to me, my career is that. But when am I supposed to say, look at my Instagram page?
Speaker 7: No, of course, not right. Yeah, well, I I think it's a fair point, Carenn. I think that it is. I think it it's probably a role reversal for women. I think that, Yeah, it's this weird formula where I think a lot of women are conditioned to like listen on dates and men will just kind of like bloviate.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I just see so many women online talking about going on boring dates, and I got it, and I gotta be asked half the time, and especially if I know these people, I go, I think it's you.
Speaker 7: It might be And a lot of times to two boring people find each other and have a great time on a date, which I've always found that's cool.
Speaker 3: I love people find each other. It's like that is beautiful. It's so there was such specific shades of vanilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and I personally think that I'm a very interesting person and obviously like like, uh, people choose the people that they want to go on a second date with for a lot of reasons. But there have been times where I felt that I was interesting on a first date and I was just like, I'm giving you the a stuff here, yeah, like I'm teaching you. I'm like talking about some things that I like. I'm talking about my family a little bit. My sister went down syndrome. Everybody got to hit that got hit you.
Speaker 2: But you can be interesting on a date and still have a connection. I've been interested by men on dates and still not wanted to fuck them, so I didn't go on a second date.
Speaker 7: There's been very few times for me where I have found a woman interesting that I wanted to like, see again. Yeah, and then I just was like, all right, well, if you're interesting, but I don't want to see you again, that's my personal preference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's a flipped Yeah, I don't know. I mean because sometimes ugly people are interesting. Oh yes, usually they're more interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have to be. Yeah, and I appreciate pet more. But it's so much harder to be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, because I think I have like a very interesting and unique world of view. But as far as life and my we have my life of the date. But also it's like I'm also the and this is this hurts me in stand up too. I just don't have the urge to get people to like me. I don't care, so I don't try. But that's interesting, But it's not interesting on a date when you have to sell yourself, like you need to have the motivation inside yourself a little bit to make someone want to like you and I don't.
Speaker 3: That's missing. I don't have it.
Speaker 2: It's the same reason. It's the same reason why I stray away from meeting people's parents because I know I lack that and I don't want to upset my partner. But you know, I like I and I it's also like really hard for me to like fake.
Speaker 3: Totally, totally, totally, so I just go.
Speaker 2: If I avoid then no disaster, right, I just don't have that that that, Oh I hope they like me, well, you know what I think. I don't think that cross my mind. Maybe like maybe Victoria Beckham, I would want her to like me. Yeah, but that's pretty much it.
Speaker 7: That's the difference I have that.
Speaker 3: Well, also, when.
Speaker 2: You're going on a date, when you're going on a date, you don't know if you want this person to like you yet because you don't know if you like them, so it's all just like sizing each other up for a while. Well, but no, I don't have that at all, because for me, it's like, if this is the person for me, they'll just sense my my energy and they'll like me innately.
Speaker 3: But honestly, that works great. I kind of agree with that.
Speaker 2: It works a lot, and so I know it's right, you know, but I think there, I think I should have a more I mean, this is like for a thing that I'm not doing with dating, but like I just feel it was more like a commentary on women in general. I just think, like, maybe watch yourself, Like if you think you are you're constantly bored on dates, like maybe maybe you're the boring one. Yeah, maybe looking at that compact me or a girl. Yeah that's right, Boredom's coming from that mouth hole. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. But this guest is not boring. No, she's certainly not.
Speaker 6: God the least boring guest we can possibly ask for. I'm so so excited to have her back. She's she's an amazing New York City stand up comedian and she's host of the Zillennial News show News for.
Speaker 3: Women, ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Chloe taking the after.
Speaker 5: Cat Rison.
Speaker 10: P gamble, scare me, no serve f dcost.
Speaker 5: Near the border. I see.
Speaker 1: A bad out.
Speaker 5: Calling young ries.
Speaker 1: All always want to tie?
Speaker 5: Is it a wading by?
Speaker 11: You are here with the friend of the podcast while the Branch stand up comedian extraordinary, hard, hard worker, working hard working, working, hard professional as it gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, welcome back, Chloe.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me really crossed the splash last time you were on the podcast, So did I. Yeah, well, I mean you're you're you're an example of someone who you have a lot of stories that are extremely interesting and reveal, like seventy five lifetimes that you've lived before this one.
Speaker 3: Every time I see TJ Miller, he just says, you got the best stories, and like, wow, kind of that coming from TJ. We walk over to random person, like a stranger at the bar who's not even coming. This girl great stories, and I'm like, I've never even told TJ a story. What he just senses it. He told himself a story about you. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 6: We're talking about buying stuff before we start, well, no, and then you had something to say and I didn't want you to forget it.
Speaker 3: Oh well no, I just love buying stuff.
Speaker 2: Christina and Chloe are talking about like buying a lot of stuff, and Christina's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm an attict. I just can't keep buying.
Speaker 2: And what I wanted to add to the conversation was like, no, we all like buying stuff.
Speaker 3: Christina it's not. It's not.
Speaker 2: We're not snorting fucking key chains from Amazon on the table.
Speaker 3: It's called retail therapy for a reason. You literally all like it. Well, yeah, but for sure. But I have this.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to write a joke about this. You know, the Stranger, which is where a guy sits on the book.
Speaker 2: By Camo, But you mean the drink the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know who Camo is. I'm sure she's great.
Speaker 2: It's a guy and he sits on his hand, sit on your dominant hand until it falls fully asleep, and then you jerk off with that hand, and it feels like a stranger's jerking you off because.
Speaker 7: I don't know a single man that's ever done that. What I know that I really done.
Speaker 3: Heard about that, But I also have never met anyone who's done it. Well, maybe I have, and you only you know them.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they only tell me those things because they feel safe.
Speaker 3: But my version of the stranger is getting super.
Speaker 6: Stoned at night alone in my home and buying all this shit online and I'm forgetting about it, and then it's like the whole week is Christmas and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm my own best friend some stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah go, that's the joke. Yeah, what's the joke? And what you just said? Yeah? Yeah done. Oh wow, we're like Chloe at her day job. We're just multidasking earthquake. Oh my god, Mike.
Speaker 2: I mean I really I would really like if you if you love us in the show, and this might be considered assault, but we don't really have an HR here at guys we fucked you would go home and try the stranger and then come back and report it back to us.
Speaker 3: Nowt that's actually very true. Are you dedicated? Are you do you care about us?
Speaker 7: I'll do it. I mean you to do that?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well where asking you to make your hand go numb and then then flick your dick to it your dick? Well yeah, I was just I was trying to make something. I bailed halfway through.
Speaker 7: I really want to do it. I just again, it's not.
Speaker 3: Really got to sit on it.
Speaker 7: I think it's just presented in in like society is something that guys do all the time that every guy's like, oh yeah, dude, Like like I gave myself a stranger last weekend? How great was that? I just don't know anybody that's ever done that, Like.
Speaker 3: I've talked to a few guys who have.
Speaker 7: It's so funny to me because I just always thought that that was just like some joke that basically got and oh good pun. I didn't mean to do that, but yes, thank you, Chloe, But I yeah, I don't know. I don't know anybody that's ever.
Speaker 2: Done somebody next week Eric boyfriend by the way, Eric were.
Speaker 3: Letting that out of the bag, didn't Yeah, is that okay? No, I don't know, cut it, Eric, ch It's fine, I don't Yeah, but trembling, he was like, I don't know if I shouldn't tell anyone scared of me?
Speaker 6: Nice, Well, I don't think i've ever said great boyfriend anybody.
Speaker 2: Now you know why I reported backside because you said the same thing about me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right exactly. She had such rave reviews.
Speaker 6: I was like, we must meet this angel of a man and a nice guy, great advice, great face, good demeanor, like chill, you know.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, I was very impressed. Yeah, he's quite hot. How'd you guys have you guys like that? Really complimentsing like how he is as a person. You're like, it's a real peace of me. I'd fuck, I'd give him a stranger. I we met through Ryan Long.
Speaker 6: Tell the real story, Chloe, we met on nowhere, Okay.
Speaker 2: The actual like no, no, no, right through Ryan Long isn't a lie, but like the you know, the nitty gritty of the circumstances. To me, I findrety hilarious if you don't mind sharing.
Speaker 3: I was on my journey at the time, which means I was drunk.
Speaker 7: And I.
Speaker 3: Had had Like so, Ryan was headlining laughbost in the Big Club and I was headlining the shithole Knicks comedy stuff, which I just went back to last week, just out yes and out my window of the hotel, it was just the Wilburg with the signs of everyone were friends with their names popping up. I'm like, yeah, it's just literally everyone we know. And I'm like and then I walk around a corner and Knicks is in a dark alley and the sign is falling off, and I go in. I'm like, okay, cool, and you can hear the bass from the nightclub underneath going on the whole show. Mmm. I love that.
Speaker 6: It was a lot, but it was love the sounds of a distant dance floor while you're performing comedy.
Speaker 3: Then if you don't get off the stage right at nine thirty, the DJ comes up behind you and starts setting up while you're on stage. Happened to you romance? No, because I was like, I gotta go. But I did get really heckled. I didn't I text you about those really drunk girls there. There were women, they were in their fifties. Eric was doing the show. He was featuring for me because I'm a fucking feminist, and I well, I was gonna say, I fuck my opener. So maybe that's not feminism. It just more creepy brain misogynists. No, because women have more.
Speaker 6: Freedom to be creepy because we've allowed all the men to steal the creepy energy for so long.
Speaker 3: It's our turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, if feminism is equality, if that's how you're defining it, then yes, that is feminist.
Speaker 3: To fuck your opener feminist, it's equality. Yeah yeah, so oh yeah, so these really drunk women start heckling when Eric's on stage. It's talking about like global warming and one of we don't want to hear your political bullshit, we want jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then by the time I get on Philly's meth brother. Yeah, and they were like these like I was like, what are you guys doing. It's a birthday and she's like, I'm fifty, bitch, and I was like okay, and I was like, you guys want to get political or what and they were like no, and then they just kept like yelling during the whole show. So the security at Knicks didn't tell me the security guard there has been shot nine times and he's not well. But it's happy story. Yeah, I guess that's an anecdote.
Speaker 2: About how you can be a dumb bitch even well into your fifties.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. And then they they get up and they just start leaving, like ten minutes into my set, all of them like knocking shit over and then I'm like, where are you guys going. They're like what out of here? And I was like, oh, what do you run out of coke? And they're like, fuck you go. I hope you get fetanol in your coke and died. And then one of them was like, you're not even funny. I was like, and I was like, you'll never get custody of the kids and great. Then then they left and then one came back in and they're like, you're not funny. That's why were leaving. And I was like, I'm sorry, you're so lonely that at home that you need to come here and talk to somebody. Yeah, and then they just like screamed, and then I was like, you guys are cunts. So I didn't handle it.
Speaker 2: Well, but I do want to pop it and say, this is Chloe Sober, this is her so oh.
Speaker 3: This is not this is the other day you Yeah, you veered off the pe' sorry yeah okay. I was like, wait, is this how you met your boyfriend? No, no, I met him better. This is just that.
Speaker 2: This is just what happened literally this weekend at Nicks Comedy Stop. This is actually if we could clip this and then maybe we could do a collab with Nick's Comedy Stop because promotion for them, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That would be great. They have a huge following too.
Speaker 1: NIX.
Speaker 3: You can't get tickets to the wilbur Go to next co.
Speaker 2: I just started spiraling about her career and we just heard about a weekend at NIXT. We're like, okay, back to when you were in the green room with Ryan Long and you met Eric.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was doing NIX and I was drinking and I did it a year. I do it every year. We have a little flavor about what NIX is. I do nicks everywhere. What the headspace that you were in was, Yeah. Sarah arm Or the Talented was supposed to feature for me, but she had She said she wasn't going to book a hotel room till the day of because the moon. She had a good feeling at the moons. She's very into astrology. She said the moon would provide it. Yeah, so she didn't need to get a hotel's day off because she had a feeling. Then the moon didn't provide, and it went.
Speaker 2: This is why women are taking seriously, and so I would say, yeah, I just went alone.
Speaker 3: I did get like a super expensive hotel room. I was like, okay, Jesus Christ, and I just had random people there. They put up like eight gas spots and I was, you know, at this point, I had bought the thing of mushrooms before it because and I hadn't had a drink in seventy six days, so I thought I was killing it. But I brought I just was like, I'll do some mushrooms. And I got this mushrooms called Texas Dick and reminds me of Jefferson. This this drug dealer. It's like private jet or something. They come to your house in a suitcase and you can get can't stem in New York? Oh yeah, I know this guy with like a silver suitcase.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well, oh caps, I can't out, so I get chocolate bars.
Speaker 3: I No, I got caps and stems. So you bought.
Speaker 2: The mushrooms from a suitcase in New York and then went to Boston?
Speaker 3: Yes, in the expensive hotel? Okay, yeah, so I go to that hotel. I'm doing nixt the first night, Eric. Oh, I was super hungover because I met this guy who's twenty one the night before and he was driving to Boston and he was like, oh, give you a ride. He was a comedian and I was like, all right, great, but I'm leaving a night and we're driving all night. And I was like, okay, so I'll guess I should get some coke tonight so I could stay up and talk in the car. And so then I started doing coke that night and then we get there. I sleep at his parents' house, but luckily his parents were in Puerto Rico, so I slept on the pull out couches.
Speaker 2: His parents a round twenty one year old guy. We're a comedian. Nice guy, and you knew him previously.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: I met him that night and he ended up feature we.
Speaker 2: Give you some you're still I know, we give you two opportunities to make the story safer, and you said, nope, cocaine.
Speaker 3: He ended up posting for me at NIXT this weekend. It worked out.
Speaker 2: I like how Chloe Chloe is, you know, like a sweet little comedian, but she has stories like she's from was like Ozzy Osbourne.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, But You're also one of the few people that I've met in my life where I'm like, I need to be friends with you when we're in our seventies.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I just need some I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay about sixties, I'll take thirty.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna make You're gonna make it next year I do NIXT. Oh my god. So that yeah, nice guy. And then I went to my hotel and then you know, super hung so hungover, and I started drinking whatever terrible show that night. The next day, I woke up a beer too, because I was chilling at the hotel alone. And that's what you do when you're a man and so next to I'm like super old like black dude named Winston, and he was telling me all about this is a nice bar, but you gotta be careful.
Speaker 9: Thieves everywhere thieves. I was like really, and he's like, oh yeah. He's like I drove limousines for forty five years. Whoa I know these rich liars.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, Winston and oh, Winston's awesome. Then I went and I was going to stay at the I got a room instead at the hotel that Ryan and JJ and Eric were all staying at. I never met Eric before or I met JJ before, and so I take my stuff from the hotel before my show at Nick's, I go and I bring it to the green room at Laft Boston, and I'm like because I had to check out, you know, So I leave it there and then I see I think I saw Eric for like two seconds, and he like walks in because Ryan was like one of my friends is coming to do a guest spot, and they just thought I was going to be like another like JJ Lieberman type and then Ryan Eric says he walks in and he's like, oh, there's a hot girl here. This is Ryan's friend that's doing the guest spot. I was not drunk by that point. And then whatever I leave, I go do Nicks. I get cut off at Nick's before I get on stage. I got cut off before I did an hour. Wait and you get cut off from drinking? Yeah, okay, who the bartender at Wow? What was his name?
Speaker 2: Nick?
Speaker 3: Is that Nick? His name was Stop? I love the Knicks comedy Stop. I love that they cut you off at the club and then invite you back the next year. Yeah, something about Nicks. This is really just a long form ad for next comust. They don't got a booker. He asked me for Rex the other day, for women Rex Women. I was like for the big club with a little club, because I booked I did Laugh Boston for a one nighter and I sold a lot of tickets randomly, and because there's a like a corporate event that they thought were my fans.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So moving on, So then don't give away all your secrets on air quoe whoa.
Speaker 3: So before I go to Knicks, I do the Don't Tell comedy because Nicks is at eight. They don't tell, like seven or something. So I get on Don't Tell. Then I meet these people there. I'm pissed. It's b yob everyone's out of alcohol. I'm like, this place sucks. And so I meet these like four people that are really drunk, and I was like, Oh, I'm gonna go headline another club around the corner. Do you guys want to come? And they're like yeah. So they walk with me to Nick's. I tell the bouncer they're in my college friends. They sit in the front row. One of them falls asleep during my set. Then then I meet these other girls at Nicks.
Speaker 2: Every time I sho closes next to you, guys got to do a shot.
Speaker 3: And then I bring these other four people to the show at Laugh Boston. So I'm like, Ryan, I brought some of my fans. And then I go into the green room and I see Ryan when I walk in. I right when I get in, and I order a tequila soda from this guy because I headlined out a year ago. And it was the sound guy Eddie, who I made out with the year ago when I was there, and I brought him to karaoke, and so I was like, good to see Eddie, you know, the regular only been there once. And then Ryan Ryan comes in he goes, yeah, Chloe, we got a four camera set up. Maybe you want to stop drinking. And I'm like, and I go bad news when Ryan tells you to stop drinking, and I was like, nah, it makes me funnier. And I go on stage and I do his six minute guess spot first of all, Before I go on stage, Ryan's lad somewhere else. Eric is just in the green room. My luggage is in the green room, and I just start changing in front of Eric and he's just sitting there and I'm like changing. I'm like, think I would wear something slutier for the next show, and Eric's like, who the fuck is this person? I don't even know his name by this point. So then Eric brings me up on stage. I'm so drunk. I'm just to do six minutes. I am in this like tiny shirt and I'm laying on my side on the stage like like a fucking mermaid, and I'm talking to a guy in the front row. I'm like, so would you fuck me? And classic comedy joke, a classic hack move. So then I this is your death jam. I didn't even know they did the light. I run the light by six minutes. First first six minutes I ran the light by six minutes. You were laying down in the bag, stand up, and I go and now for our headline, Ryan Long and it's just gonna be the feature. Next Eric just runs out because luckily he was in the green room and he brings up JJ and then I'm in the green room. After I'm talking to Eric, I was like, yeah, that was pretty good, right. I was like a pretty ballsy of me to lay on the stage. I was like, you don't see many comics who take risks like that in this indush street. I think I'm God at this point.
Speaker 2: You get drunk and it gives you Yeah, yeah, I am the ship.
Speaker 3: You're like a tiny Chris Marley. And then I just opened my bag. I was like, tell him to have some mushrooms. And so then I opened the mushrooms. I start eating them. I look over Eric. I was like do you want some what? And Eric is like uh. And then I was like, stop being such a bitch. And I go and I sit on Eric's lap and I start shoving them in his mouth and he's like, I try to see how much you're putting in. I was like, stop being such a pussy. And then and then I shoved them all in his mouth, and he's like, and I put my fingers on his lips, so you assaulted him. And then then I kissed him on the mouth after. I had no interest in this man at this point, Okay, shows over, We're all out. You know, I think I'm talking to my fans. They don't know who I am. There's a step in repeat. I know it over once and then I get cut off. I laughed, Boston. But I knew some of the bartenders from the year before, so they're making me secret drinks something. God, Chloe.
Speaker 7: Ship still one story.
Speaker 3: This is how mad I get a lot done. If you get married.
Speaker 2: Stuff For a long time, we're tagging comedy stopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was you gets shad at the end though, all right, sorry, you're outside with your fans that aren't your fans. You step. Yeah, one of them was really drunk. I brought from the other show, and she's showing me she's wearing like those nipple pasties and I just rip it off and I slam it on the step and repeats are taking pictures and then Eric has his like luggage with him, like because he's a filming and I started talking to him, and I was like, so you're really a male model and he's like yeah, and I was like, my mom was a model. I get it. And then Eric Sais I said to him, just kiss me, and I'm make him kiss me. He's significantly taller than you. I don't remember any of this. And then we go back to the hotel.
Speaker 2: I also love that that really drunk check that you just met says just kiss me, and he does.
Speaker 3: He doesn't. That's an obedient man. Also, JJ was drinking red wine. He doesn't drink often, but he was just enjoying himself and I accidentally bumped into him and spilled his red wine all over him. That's funny to do to JJ, that's funny. You know that game mouse Trap when we're kids. Hell yeah, this is the craziest game you'll ever see. So it's like it's like a little Shenanigans to get into on a game board. But it's just like you know the trap. The trap comes down over.
Speaker 6: The mouse, but you have to like the marble falls and goes down. The feel like this is this is your night that night, and the coming down to the mouse was you finding love?
Speaker 3: This is anyway drinking for me. The thing is people give alcoholic shit. Oh they're lazy. We get a lot done. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, so I was talking about this last night. Some people genetically alcohol is an upper for them. I drink alcohol and I'm like, I want to go to bucking bed. Oh no, once I drink looks and I'm like, if I had that, if alcohol gave me that feeling, I would a hundred percent be an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: But when I was in my twenties it gave me that feeling. Then my thirties is just not made me tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how. Sometimes I can make it. I can start drinking in the morning and be up to for you.
Speaker 6: Whoa, Yeah you got that gene then, and it makes sense like an alcoholism Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But part part of.
Speaker 6: The alcoholism gene is that it's an upper I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until it's not, because I can get really I get so you'll lose your home, Yeah, so your kids? So you kick your dog? Doesn't have a dog over. Yes, sorry, you guys are dog owners. I know you're Yeah, that's okay. If kicked your.
Speaker 6: If someone kicked dog, I would murder them in front of everybody they've ever cared about.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So I was intense. I have a temper. I love that, so do I. And then sometimes drink, I get real angry. Oh really, I've never seen you yet.
Speaker 2: We've seen it, you have, I think, yeah, where party at the stand when we were trying to force you into an uber to go home because you were knocking over tables and we were we were trying to prevent you from ruining your entire career.
Speaker 3: Oh that was during and that was Halloween when I dressed as girl interrupted. This wasn't last year when I she was like two years ago. This right before I went to a rehabit and I was I dressed as girl interrupted. I was like, all over here, I was wearing like this ripped up shirt or were you angel?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 3: I was like, she took a Santa Slovsky approach. Yeah, I was. And then I went downstairs and Ryan and Danny were like, get the fuck out of here because we were all it was a group chat attempted intervention.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, Danny's very it's always very sweet to you when you're drunk, and he and he was, you know, Danny, it had a nice childhood.
Speaker 3: So he is like, you know confused. Ryan is usually like, here's a dream judge. I didn't want to say it, but I was. I was like, Ryan's it wasn't helping. Yeah, but yeah, I remember that because they were doing like roast battle or fight club downstairs, and I walked downstairs to check it out because I thought I was going to just get on and be a judge for no reason. And then there was some girl doing a Helen Keller joke and I started yelling on the only one in New York who does Helen Keller jokes. I missed that. That's hilarious though, Ena New York. Anyway, So back to the Eric love. Oh no, it was a long story. They cut up the bar.
Speaker 2: You you.
Speaker 3: Sexually assaulted him by forcing him to kiss you. Apparently I took him into the bathroom at the hotel and made him make out with me. Chloe pivot over here. Can you make a guy that tall when you're that much shorter make out with you? I guess you can. He keeps saying you want up sex with me, but you're too drunk, and I said, Eric, absolutely not. I was hooking up with JJ that night.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, So Chloe whine yeah, and then that was the last thing. Oh, and then Eric was the camera guy, so I had to start messaging with Eric. I don't remember making out with him at all, and I so Ryan was like, yeah, Eric has your tape and I was terrified to watch my tape because I was like, I don't think I can watch this. It's gonna be so bad. And Eric had and I'm like how. I was texting him and I got his phone number. I was like, oh, we're talking on Instagram. I was like, how bad is the tape? And he's like it's good. And I was like, how fucking bad is this tape? And then he like would and tell me? And then we started dming and then I looked at his Instagram. I was like, oh my god, this guy's so hot. I had no idea. So funny. So then I was like, I think we should text. It'll make all this easier. So then we start texting and then I just facetimed him and I was like hey, and he was like hey, and I was like, how's my tape? And he was like what and I was like then I just sent him a picture like this is my outfit today? What are you wearing?
Speaker 2: You're getting on the web in time from Eternal Sunshine Vibes.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then like then two days later, I was like, I'm getting bored. I'm just gonna rip him a nude. So I sent him a nude and he got really confused, and then we were face time. We kept face timing, and he kept face timing when he's at the gym and then confused, yeah, because I sent him a nude because he was like I thought this was just business right, Well, what kind of a nude? I don't realice the top list or okay?
Speaker 6: And then was it like a tit two tits like me like both did like was it like it was just like a selfie?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, kind of okay? And then he was confused, yeah, and then we were and then I was facetiming with him, and when he's met with confusion, I was like, yeah, well you're like you're only twenty eight, and he was like twenty eight, I'm twenty four, and I was.
Speaker 7: Like fuck, oh oh, I was like shit.
Speaker 3: And then whatever, we just kept talking and I was like whatever he saw. And then three days later, I'm like he's the one, and I'm like super attached and then I'm just like fucking with him. I'm like, I have to see you, and he's like, okay, I guess I bought you a flight to Chicago.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I like, was Eric an active participant in this relationship he bought the fight? No, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so it's because I know now how much Eric likes you. But I I'm confused about how this really came to be.
Speaker 3: He just told me he thought he was like, oh, this is like an older, like hot, successful comic to me. To him, I was successful because you know, he just got out of preschool. So dude, his first day of preschool was nine to eleven. That is the age difference. It's upsetting. I was in the eighth grade on that. I was like, I was in like seventh grade. I was in high school. Yeah, I was just like, I was watching the planes go down, you were playing, you were watching Penguins Club? So it is what have you ever dated a younger guy? Never before him?
Speaker 6: It seems fun, it seems really I've never done it, but it seems very fun.
Speaker 3: Well, my boyfriend right before him was nine years older than me and had a seven year old kid. Oh, so it's a big difference to go from dating someone who has a kid's to data kid. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eric was like when Eric did your Guys podcast, he was like, oh, well, I told him I had a girlfriend and I was younger. I was like, how much younger did you say, Eric? Because this is all going to be a lie except I tell everyone. I'm always like I just am like I'll never tell everyone in the age difference. And I meet like a homeless guy and I'm like, that's weird, Like you know, this was weird, Like at Starbucks they write on my coffee just like nine years older, that's my name, It's.
Speaker 6: Star So you met him while you were in the throes of like alcoholic coke and stuff, and then and then.
Speaker 3: Along the way you got sober.
Speaker 2: What what was the I always love hearing people's turning point, Like what this is very interesting was the turning point.
Speaker 3: When the So when I visited him, I was like, yeah, I'm not drinking. I had like not drank for like a week and a half. And he was like yeah, yeah, yeah, because I think it was mom someone and people. A lot of people in his family have drinking. Probably he's from Milwaukee. Yeah, everybody's a fucking alcoholic, so it doesn't like phase him, you know, because he's just around so many alcoholics and uh yeah. So I was like, yeah, I've been drinking a week and a half. I was like, yeah, I'm not really that bad because he is normal. So I lie, I'm like, it's not that bad. It was just like your best crazy nights for me because I had just drank in seventy six days, so I was such a lightweight that night. You know, usually I'm pretty cool. And I was like, yeah, you were convinced. Man of its I've met met on a wild night.
Speaker 2: And then and then you're like, I never do this, and you're like when I say never, I mean like it's every six months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm that bad. So I go to visit him and I'm like, yeah, I don't worry. What't we drinking. We're just gonna hang out. I booked like shows in Chicago because I was like a nerd in comedy there. Well I had Rosemont with you after my breakup, right, that went well, he didn't book me again for two years. Well that wasn't because of your comedy though, No, but no, thank you for that gift. And yeah, so I go there. He picks me up at the airport and I was like, I'm starving. Let's go somewhere. He's like, what are you hungry from? I'm like, I should want some bar food already fucking already have a plan. Yeah, I'm like, let's just go to like I love dive bar food. It's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Anywhere they serve drinks and food also drinks.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We sit down at a dive bar type of thing outside and I just immediately I'm like, oh, I have an I p A. And he was like you were drinking? Wait what? And I was like, I'm just nervous to meet you and just gonna calm me down. Were you genuinely nervous? I got really uncomfortable right when I got there. Yeah, like he went to kiss me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's so he picked me up in his in his little convertible.
Speaker 3: He has an Audi convertible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I learned all about Star Wars and the parts and the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He picked me up an airport with this top down and he's like he was wearing his like Clark Kent glasses and I was like a wreck like and yeah, so then we ordered some drinks. He was like I have a job interview. So we went back to Zoom for his job interview. And every time he has a job interview, he has one polo shirt for every work meeting and he puts on his polo shirt for his Zoom. I'm like, you're wearing the same polo every every week for the same company, and he's like, it's my meeting shirt. So cute. Anyways, Yeah, so then I'm like, Okay, do your interview, and then we gotta hit we gotta go to the liquor store and interview. And we go to the liquor store and I'm like, let's get a bottle of tequila. Just need to relax and get a bottle to kill. Don't make it out of the house that night because I black out, and he said apparently I was blackout screaming on the goat, and then he said he was trying to give me. He's trying to give me water by the end of the night, and I start going, it's hurting me, it's hurting me. So it was fun that was your rock bot. That was the pivot. Well, I mean, and then when I got there, this is funny. He can explain that I don't care he's gonna be on your podcast, so you're gonna hear a lot about him. He couldn't get it up, and I was like, yeah, I don't know that well because he and I was like, what's going on? He took all these like supplements like those like blue chee type stuff, but he took what he's never taken before, and he said it just like messed up his dick. And I was like, what are you gay? I was like, I'll be out here drinking, maybe put some porn on, get it up, and call me back in the room.
Speaker 5: What are you gay?
Speaker 3: And then I visited did that happen? He put he got it up. I don't know what he did in that rook, but eventually we had sex. He probably watched something about legos about legos okah, like a like a month ago. He was like to me's Chloe, Uh, I know this was gonna come out sooner or later, but I should probably tell you what goes on on my explore page because you're gonna probably see it sooner or later. I was assuming he's gonna be like bikinis. He's like, it's a lot of Pokemon and goes He's like I didn't want you to think I was a loser.
Speaker 2: I'll bring up some Pokemon cards from my store. I didn't know you liked Pokemon. My nephew loves Pokemon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when did you go When did you turn around to being sober?
Speaker 3: What was on and off? I was sober? On and off? Okay?
Speaker 2: And did he have like because when you're not sober and you should be and you have a partner, I'm always interested in like does did your partner like say anything or was it like not?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he was just like it's out of control, but it's okay. I understand. And then every time I visited him, I drink. Yeah, I did like two weeks sober, and it was just a fucking nightmare every time. Like one time, he has this roommate, Diego. You met him and Eric was like filming some woman like special, and he'd be there like starting at three pm. Diego is there his roommate, and his roommate was all depressed and I was just sitting there thinking something, Eric's out for the night. I should start drinking. And I say to Diego, I was like, let's go get some let's go play some pool because I found this one bar when we had our first drink at called four Moon, and I got obsessed with it. I should be friends with all the bartenders. It was crazy. So I convinced Diego. He's like, gonna go to jiu jitsu and I was like, you know what's gonna make you happy? Socializing and just getting out of the house, playing some pool, hanging out alcohol, meeting some people. He's like really, and I was like, yeah, So we go. We walk there because it's walking in essence, and then all of a sudden, I just sit down immediately start Oh. Also thought it was a Trump bar. I thought that because I thought they had a Trump doll in it. So I told Diego he doesn't make America creating unhat, but he has a joke. I was like, you should wear it. It's a Trump bar, and so he wears it. He's like really. I was like, yeah, you should finally get to wear it, not in a costume. Never will love it. And he puts it on and we're sitting at the bar and I'm like, don't you like his hat is a Trump bar? And they're like, that's a doll of Conan O'Brien and and they're like and they go, Trump's a really bad guy and he's wearing these make America great. And then I guess, like I started getting really drunk. I guess he wasn't even drinking, and apparently I started chasing around the pool table, hitting him with the acoustics, saying you better run, Like it was just oh my god. Then he had to call Eric come pick me up.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 12: I was at a bar the other night and I witnessed it was like a five diye bar, and there was like a man of about fifty five sixty years old, and I watched him hit on young women who I could see in their eyes they weren't sure of themselves and he was targeting them.
Speaker 3: You're like that, like you're like the female equivalent of that. You're like, you have a predator on that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 6: But it's like, you know what, it's nice to hear about a woman predator. We won't hear about the males taking all this. I don't love this, but it's your opinion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's nice to hear about a female predator.
Speaker 3: It's nice, nice close.
Speaker 2: I've heard all this and and you know, I've heard this story from Eric's perspective too, and it really lines up my question.
Speaker 3: Doesn't Yeah, okay, No, he literally goes and then she was stubbing mushrooms in my mouth. And people always think I'm exact. No, no, you were not. No, Chloe, I've seen you drunk.
Speaker 2: If anything, you're you're you're painting a nicer picture.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: So my thing is like, okay, so when you're drinking and under the circumstances under which you met, like how did you guys start actually forming the bond of what is now a real romantic relationship. That's the part that has always I have not gotten to the bottom of talking to either you or Eric, because like, if you're drunk this frequently, you can't build a bond, Yeah, because you're not getting to know the person.
Speaker 3: Over I was only drunk, Like I would be sober for fourteen days and then I would like go see him and be sober for the first two days and then drunk.
Speaker 2: So he got enough pieces of the personality and like what did he but and he expressed as you said.
Speaker 3: Like concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean did you think did you tell him like your history with drinking or like.
Speaker 3: What Eventually it was like didn't you watch my stand up? This is on you, and yeah, I can be very manipulative. I'm an addict, so I can manipulate anything to get what I want. When it comes to addiction, like if I need to get a drink, I'll figure it out, you know what I mean, And I don't care.
Speaker 2: I will add actually write there for the forty eight Laws of Power like your own version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like anyone who gets in my way where Yeah, I will take down anything in my way. Yeah, get what I want? Y Yeah, I have no idea. I have no such skills. It's only when it comes to like alcohol or drugs, you have skills and other you have skills with goals, like you get like zeroed in on a goal.
Speaker 2: But I don't know how to But I don't know, like if I need something in the moment, how to manipulate everyone around me right to get the outcome that I want?
Speaker 3: Right it comes like it would be helpful. I could make up lives right now. I could. No, I know how I could tell you because I could tell you. My neurologist, my epilepsy told me that like today I should start doing mushrooms because I just switched certain meds and my eyes are down, and if I want to be able to get my brain regulated, like I could just lie and then we're all in mushrooms and I know by the time or that everyone's everyone's whatever, what is it called.
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 3: But also your inhibitions are lower, you know, so I would I know in my head by like hour two, I could tell you guys I could drink, and you guys wouldn't be able to say, oh no, don't do that. I don't.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: That's how I can start drinking again, okay, and then I'll leave you guys call my friends who don't care if I drink a coke, like it can be a whole and then I can then I'll see them, but you're not drinking. I'll make up lies to them right right. It can be a whole stressful. It's very exhausting, and I do wish I had the skill set because it's like I'm not a bad person, but when it comes to drugs and alcohol, like I will be right right right, which is like how addicts are. That's why it's so hard for them to rebuild trust in relationships, and that's why there's the whole amends thing and it's coming back to comedy. I talked to you about this and like, I have to rebuild my trust with everywhere I go, Like and with yourself too, right. Oh yeah? And like Harrington, I was like, oh can I do? When he was booking at like club, she was a booker in New York to everybody, and they didn't know like Carrington from without a Country. Okay, yeah, so so he was he was running a room that Seventh Street comedy shut down and uh.
Speaker 2: This is a real who's who of small comedy in New York City.
Speaker 3: Well, Korean, I can't really take down the Wilberg or Msge not yet. Soon become the demise after Nick's clubs. Where's that of comedy? I'll suck your dick.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was like, hey, why aren't you booking me? Like I was like, and I was just being a bitch. I was like, why are you booking these girls who suck? And this boy's fucking I'm not even say uh, she's not a nice word. And yeah he was just like. I was like, I'm like a month two months sober, and he's like, I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: He's like and Harrington I think it's important for the story. Is himself a recovering Yeah, yeah, said yeah.
Speaker 3: And he was like, Chloe, like, you say this to everyone, Like I've booked you a bunch, You've showed up drunk. He was like, we never know what, Chloe, we're gonna get when Booker's book you. No one knows. Are they gonna get normal Chloe who's being funny, or are they gonna get drunk Chloe who's a psycho. Nobody knows who's gonna show up. And it makes us, It makes us look bad. He goes text me, when you have a year, oh wow, wow har lay down the log and then you know, he gave me a spot like two weeks later and I got fucking ripped. I couldn't control it. Well, yeah, what do you mean you couldn't control it?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about that like when pep when people say they can't control it, and like and I know and I know, like you guys both have kind of like if like when you know. It's been the part of the conversation recently that like, addiction is a disease, and I've heard both of you on separate occasions, go, but is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, but I will say, like.
Speaker 6: Your dopamine, like when your dopamine levels are so fucked from a substance or like getting the getting a substance and then not getting a substance, it's like you're it's it's it's really difficult for a human being to override their need for a dopamine hit.
Speaker 3: And so I think that's why people have sponsors, because when.
Speaker 6: You feel like you want to use or a drink or whatever it is, you call the sponsor so they can help you talk you down from this.
Speaker 3: Dopamine seeking thing.
Speaker 2: Nothing else exists except getting the thing.
Speaker 3: But also like there's such a window, a small time window in between sage I want to drink. There's such a small window that if I don't reach out to someone in that window, I will drink start drinking. Because you know, there's such a small window that I can be like, Okay, I know I want to drink it. I know this is bad. So if I I'll call someone to write it immediately, then I could. But then if I wait like twenty minutes, I'll be like, fuck that person, I'm drinking totally to well and so and with addiction too, it's interesting. So the part of your brain. It's not the hypothelmis.
Speaker 6: It's a I think it might be a prefelteral cortex, but don't don't quote me on this.
Speaker 3: You're from Toro Lobe, sure, So that's where my ablepsy is and it affects my sys.
Speaker 6: So that the part of the of an addict's brain that's like really gets affected is the long term decision making part of your brain, where you go, what are the consequences of my actions? When you are jonesing for a thing, the long term thinking is over. It's miles away from from your your ability to reason with yourself. So so all all that exists when you're trying to get the drug is just how do I get it? And no one fucking talked to me until I get it kind of kind of thing, Like it's that tunnel vision because your long term thinking is compromised.
Speaker 3: I think it's the same thing like it can be when someone's horning you know what I meant. You could even in bad moments too, when people are like, we should probably wear a condom, but like, I just want to have sex right now, so you don't think about the long term because it's like it's a different feeling is getting in the way, and it's the feeling like that you know you're gonna get the hit you get when you like I have an orgasm or something, the same like hit you can get when you're an addict.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you feel like there's no enjoyment for long when you're in the throes of addiction. For me, I can always speak for myself, but it's like, long term enjoyment isn't a thing that you even think about or like if you if it does cross your brain, you're like, that's not for me, which is like, what a horrible way to live because you got to like create a life for yourself.
Speaker 3: That's why I can get depressing. It's sad. Yeah, that's why being sober is the way to go. It is nice though, because you're like you it feels like you're raw dogging life. Do you feel that way? Like, no, because I'm on a lot of pills, okay, hell yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: But your pills are for your epilepsy, right and anti depressant oh well yeah, anxiety. I sometimes people's brains they need that and that goes well with their chemistry.
Speaker 3: You know. Well, I don't take like colonipin or x annax, because I would take that whole bottle in two days. It's happened. And uh so it's like I take like this medication called gabapentin that they prescribe like every one in rehab, and it's basically you take it kind of when you get out of rehab and some people stay taking it, but it's a non habit forming anxiety medicine. Originally it was for epilep like all these meds people take a lot of them were originally for seizures, so now they become other things. Like I take la Michtel, which is for my epilepsy, but now they use that as a mood stabilized. Yeah, my mom was my mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible time on mcdal Why did she get she got like psychotic?
Speaker 3: Really yeah? Yeah and her.
Speaker 6: You don't pass out with your seizures, right do you do? You stay conscious?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're like awake. Do you smell like you smell copper or anything? I don't get any ouras, which is annoying.
Speaker 6: Ah fuck, So you don't know, well because like sometimes you could for you as the seizure have her, you can know, Okay, it's called aura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got People get auras and they can feel it coming and they can sit down or tell somebody. Do you zone out when you're having a seizure or do you don't even know? I just have amnesia because I fall to the floor and then I ship okay. I usually fall to one side because my epilepsies on one the left side of my brain, So I fall to my left side usually, and then I convulse for like oh thirty seconds to a minute dawn, and then I usually bite my tongue and I uh, I always have like throw up or foam at. I was gonna phone yeah, yeah, yeah, and then I'm on calling and then by the time I wake up, ambulance is already there. Wow. I don't know how long it takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you had pretty you had you had one in a pool that was pretty serious.
Speaker 3: That was not a good one. Yeah, did you get seizures? I haven't had one in a bit. Maybe I haven't had one in like a year or so. I thought I had like this. Really, I thought it was like a new type of seizure I had because I was like conscious and I just like was like but then the doctor was like, oh, you had heat stroke because I went to the Hampton Classic and I sat in the sun for eight hours straight, which you're not supposed to do, especially if you're epileptic, right my mom my mom would And I was just like it made me like it made me like delirious and like it was just kind of like I know, I like made me just like not know what I was what was going on. Yeah, that's scared. I think that was a real thing. I just thought it was something that happened in that movie Filo Goes West Classic, Remember when he's talking to the Yeah, no, heat stroke is very real.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember the scene and in the Army Now Classic, in the Army Now Polyshoriansy Dick where there there was a hallucination.
Speaker 3: Are you guys friends and Andy? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem with heat stroke is it's also the excuse that like musicians use when they are like too drunk to perform.
Speaker 3: So it feels made off.
Speaker 2: Like Lenny Kravitz is one hundred percent like was like strung out one day and a concert in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: He was like, heat stroke, letty can't go on.
Speaker 2: You know, It's like heat stroke or exhaustion, are like the ones when they're like that person's back in rehab and when I see them for a couple of months, I think.
Speaker 3: I should have taken advantage of my epilepsy more. How some used it as an excuse more for what they as. I don't lay down Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I feel like it's a you know, because it's not.
Speaker 2: It's also I don't know, you're the only person I know who has epilepsy, so it feels rare unique. I really don't have a lot of information on it, so I can't say that's not true.
Speaker 12: It's not genetic, Okay, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it is. There's like studies that they don't really know. Okay, but yeah, it's just that's the thing with it that's different than alcoholism, Like it's much I always forget I have epilepsy, whereas I never forget I have drinking problem, right because you don't like walk through window like you know, you're not passing a storefront of someone having a seizure, you know what I mean? Alcohol around you walk people?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know what, I I know, Karen, you haven't like you don't drink as much lately.
Speaker 2: I don't check it all anymore. Yeah, and Queen and Chloy are almost twins. Yeah, but my my my boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Is uh he was a very functioning alcoholic and he stopped drinking.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 6: So because of that, I stopped drinking because I was like, well, I don't want to, like I would do a lot of times just drink with him, and I'm like, oh, it's nice to it's kind of nice. And then I had a drink the other night. I'm like one drink.
Speaker 3: I'm like, whoa, my.
Speaker 2: People, I would do this all the time, just like knock them back, and uh, it's not good.
Speaker 3: For you, is your Uh? Do you find their relationship is different? Like he's like you guys are different people.
Speaker 6: Sober, Yeah, much more present and then the next morning we can enjoy each other instead of being hungover.
Speaker 3: Because I've a lot of relationships end up not working. This is not about you when one of the partners gets sober, because totally it's like I dated this guy when I first went to rehab, and then we were still dating when I got out, But after I got out, I was sober and he's still drank, and we like didn't really have anything to talk about because it was like we had such chemistry and whatever because we both like to party together. And you know, you can talk to anyone for hours when you're drinking and think you're having like a riveting conversation. Yeah, totally can. How many times have you been drunk and gone into the bathroom and talk to the woman who, yeah, you handtown, you bond everybody, Yeah, you like bond and you're like, wow, everyone's so friendly.
Speaker 2: Well that's the problem, Like everyone is so I mean that's when I was drinking. I usually like we talked about this a little bit. But like a lot of people drink because they feel uncomfortable and they want to see more interesting. I drink because everyone else is so fucking boring and it's so greating speaking to them. So I would just do it to like be able to network in this business, really make it interesting for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go. I just I just hate the networking aspect of it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, this is like I can stay out if I'm doing this right, and it can be fun and exciting for me. But it's just like, oh my god, yeah, because it takes this thing off of other people's personalities.
Speaker 3: I just don't really like people, so I had to force. So it's like when there's this big piece.
Speaker 2: Of your uh, your job that you know you have.
Speaker 3: To fulfill, you're like, oh my god. But yeah.
Speaker 2: I also I used to love partying too, I really fucking but that's not no one parties anymore.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, Okay, I'm not going to party by I don't understand. I do love it though, but I can still party sober. I know you've been an inspiration to me. I feel you catch like because I'm I have it so in my head, like sometimes like I can't have fun if I'm not drinking well, And I disagree.
Speaker 2: I think you can have more fun well, And I was. I was talking to a group of friends about this a while ago.
Speaker 6: It's like, Okay, so we're all talking about like we need to drink less or consume less substances, and actually, but I was like, but part of the part of the way that that's going to be successful is that if you replace the nights you would be out drinking in a bar with your friends with like a night that you're sober with your friends, playing pool at somebody's apartment building or playing games, like you still need to socialize sober to prove to yourself and to show yourself usher this usher this new type of fun in because it is it is really fun.
Speaker 2: I've been a couple of parties lately, like did not drink at all, and I'm like, actually like this a lot, yea, but you need to still have that social connection.
Speaker 3: Sober well, yeah, when I did it.
Speaker 2: When I when I started because I just wanted to do a sober I had wanted to do it for a long time, and I was like, oh, this is a year that I can do it.
Speaker 3: When I did sober Summer.
Speaker 2: I was like, my rules for myself was that I would still do everything I would do if I was drinking, Like I could not know a thing, so like we're going so you know Lev wants to go to the strip club, We're still going to the strip club, that kind of thing. And I did all these things because the reason I did it was not so much of it was a big part of it was I was starting to get sad because being a comedian, we're like supposedly the funniest people in the world, and I just saw all my friends drinking so much to have fun, and I was like, I don't think it has to be this way. I think I think we're underselling ourselves. I'm like, these are I'm hanging out with people who, you know, hundreds of people, thousands of people are paying high ticket prices to see these people every weekend, and we and then when we hang out with each other, we have to drink. I just don't think it has to be that way. And I was right, of course, it doesn't have to be that way.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how, like some of these comics still can drink so much function Somar, Tanks Man and function. Some of them do functioning alcohol, but it's well and I would be funny when itause alcohol is a depressed and it's like, but it gives them.
Speaker 6: It's an upper for that. I think for a lot of people, alcohol is and upper. I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: At some point the timing gets messed up when you're drinking, tim is you can't it's hard to deal with people in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, you know, yeah, you can't be as present. You can't gauge what's actually happening in the in the group, in the amieba that is the audience.
Speaker 3: I guess when you're doing theaters, you can do whatever you want, because the timing is all so off.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine being drunk in the theater that I'm scary.
Speaker 3: You have to listen way harder for that left to get to the back of the Yeah, that could be a real nightmare. I mean, you hear, but you hear.
Speaker 2: You hear stories of people who make it and then fuck it up pretty quickly. I don't want to name names, but like suck it up pretty quickly by constantly showing up drunk or on drugs, and they they've made it and they and it only takes a you know, showing up to one or two fear drunks theater get drunk and having it circulate to like really impact your career.
Speaker 3: The stakes are so much higher, much more successful, and people are not going to put up with that.
Speaker 2: People if they fucking pay for a ticket to a show and the comic is drunk or the musician is drunk, they're not coming back.
Speaker 3: Like it's just not happening. Unless it's Chryser's cruise.
Speaker 2: Totally please book me Bert, But that's a that's a that's a whole like that's like a different kind of thing, and cruises are never I want a goose.
Speaker 3: I've never been on a cruise. I don't. I've never been one.
Speaker 6: I want to do one for work though, so that it's not like I don't feel like I would feel less trapped if it was for work like you guys do, like a theater crew.
Speaker 3: You do guys, we cruise, absolutely, I would be never with those.
Speaker 6: I would love to build on a cruise like Corn did a crew like Jay Okersen did cruises with. I don't know, some band like that I do, Like, yeah, like a metal cruise or practical Jokers.
Speaker 3: Cruise, Yeah, I would do it. Cruise would be real bad for my drink. You get that all you can drink once I get that all you can drink bracelet bets. I feel so trapped on a cruise. Yeah, Like I didn't go to Vague. I didn't go to skang Fest last year, and at first I was like upset I wasn't going. I was like, yeah, thank fucking God. Yeah, it's a lot of I wasn't there because the year before when I did it, I did every drug there is, and they're readily available and they get handed to you all the time. I thought I was sober because I didn't drink. But I did ketamine, acid, mushrooms coke.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but you did it on our podcast. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I blame the other guy. Yeah, that's right, that podcast. I remember being after that being like, I'm gonna get so many followers, and Karen and I were talking after. She's like, I think, well, I think.
Speaker 3: I lost them, and I was like, get me too. We thought we were killing I thought you were very, very funny. It was really funny days you were on a lot of drugs. That was Jocomo times chocolate. Can I grab a Red Bull? We're wrapped up?
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask, yeah, if there was any I didn't know how much longer?
Speaker 3: Who knows, we have so much to say. Maybe we could get a drink after And.
Speaker 6: I want to see if there's anything you wanted to talk, like, any ending topic you wanted to talk about.
Speaker 3: What are you at seven or eight months right now? Eight months on February tenth?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, and what do you so? What are your thoughts so far? And how how long has it been since you've been sober for this long?
Speaker 3: It's twenty sixteen, Okay, i'ven't had more than three months sober in six years okay, Hell yeah, yes? And what are your what? How are you feeling? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: What's your what's your Yelp review of sobriety as of now, actually.
Speaker 3: Six months once until Hopper Pen came and ruined it. I love how your name shout out. You are a bad boy. He's a bad boy, he's a bad boys club. Good guy anyways, a good guy, bad boy, that boy, good guy, gentle man. How would I like to leave gracefully? I just don't hate myself anymore. Hell yeah, that was a good way. You're not going against yourself.
Speaker 5: No, I don't hate.
Speaker 3: I'm still really insecure because I don't know what I deserve, what I don't deserve, because I have like guilt, not like I did anything fucked up. I just have guilt like I wasted so much time drinking and I'm a loser and people think I'm a loser and I'm not far enough along or I'm not funny or uh, you know, people talk shit about me because they think I come from like some super rich family and I don't deserve stuff. It's just like a lot of things are build up in my head right now. But so I'm really I'm starting to figure out my voice on stage, and it's weird because I have to figure out my like voice in real life. And once I like get those two connected, I think I'll be Guy's a limit. Sky is the limit. Yeah, space babe, I'm going to fucking Mars space jam. But yeah, beautiful Chloe like so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know I never want to like make you know it, like you know sobriety or whatever.
Speaker 3: You're like your whole personality.
Speaker 2: And I know that we've talked about that off mic and stuff, but I just thought because of like I think it's like an extraordinary achievement that you have under your belt right now, and I thought it would be perhaps help and or interesting.
Speaker 3: No, it's any of our listeners. It's great. And it's like every day I'm sober, it's like I'm making up for the time I lost because I don't want to spend another day hungover in bed. I just can't do it.
Speaker 6: What's happening is you're repairing your reputation with yourself, and that is like for your self esteem.
Speaker 3: There's nothing more potent than that. And I've talked to Karn about this before, Like there are some people who just don't want to be my friend anymore, of course, and there's nothing I can do. I was thinking about it today and it's like when you break up with a guy or they break up with you, and all I want to do is think I can convince them to love me again. And you can't change the way anyone feels about you, Like, it's just impossible for me to manipulate someone's feelings. Yeah, I can't. I can't make someone. It's like I can't make crush me when you have a crush on the boy and they don't like you back. I can't make someone like me no matter how hard I try. Yeah, I've tried pretty hard. And it's like as I got older, it's like relationships are all it's all the same in the same kind of room. I mean, like I'm not trying to funk everybody, but right right, yeah, yeah, but I would for a call Boston Spot and get me out of Knicks. Oh my god, that's how I got Nick Nick Hell? Yeah, is there?
Speaker 2: We gotta find him, guys. Amazing, amazing episode. Thank you so much Chloe for being here. We appreciate you. We love having you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: A fan favorite you can see Chloe and I on the road on a bunch of places this coming year.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for that.
Speaker 2: And this episode was brought to you by Nick's Comedy Stop.
Speaker 3: Comedy and Comedy and Private Chat Mushrooms Texas, Dick Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, this has been Guys, We Fuck, the Anti slat Shamming Podcast.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you next Friday, and Eric's directions.
Speaker 5: Wow Upstairs from Me, Guys.
Speaker 2: We Fact is presented by Luminary, Created and hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cosen Stuck my wet ass pussy.
Speaker 3: Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in there. Yeah, let's keep it.
Speaker 5: Who cares?
Speaker 10: Christine is cold and destruction pads the empty slove.
Speaker 7: In nowhere.
Speaker 5: Let's sleep back without you again.
Speaker 14: I'm just going.
Speaker 5: Without you again.
Speaker 10: Get you out of sight.
Speaker 5: I went down my mind even though handle.
Speaker 14: And it's not the first time. You mean, I have been here but you, And now.
Speaker 3: It goes.
Speaker 5: Still winding. For God.
Speaker 10: One, there's the motive.
Speaker 5: Talking lies, the one as to
Speaker 2: The wa