Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's dipping their toe in the clothing business, and they've secured sixty eight percent of the dad dollars by launching a new comfortable, practical item called cargo.
Speaker 2: Socks, socks with tiny pockets in them to hold your keys. You're rolling your snacks because you know.
Speaker 1: Your cargo pants are full holding other important stuff. Actually got a mock up of them right here. Cargo socks get yours today.
Speaker 2: With laser stories, the segment where we read.
Speaker 1: We hear news stories around the glove, just like everyone else does. And those other ankle crankers just don't.
Speaker 3: This says they're calf mules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cargo life, let's go to your first laser story.
Speaker 2: Out of France.
Speaker 1: A few years back, thirty nine year old Richard PLoud realized his most important goal in life, and that was to create the world's tallest matchstick sculpture.
Speaker 4: Double.
Speaker 3: We all have dreams, Richard, we all have dreams.
Speaker 1: So for the last eight years, the Frenchman spent day and night painstakingly gluing together over seven hundred thousand match sticks, oh damn, by hand to create a model of the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves a passionate man.
Speaker 2: Sculpture is amazing. Reached twenty four feet into the air. It's like super cool and easily beat the existing record by two feet.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I imagine it is like falling apart.
Speaker 1: We're looking at a photo of it in the studio right now, so we'll have that up on the Brook and Jeffrey Instant stories.
Speaker 2: It is pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: But when he finished, Richard gathered all of his friends and family and coworkers and fans for a huge unveiling. As the crowd waited with baited breath, the Guinness Book of World Records officials analyzed the structure, and then the representative finally stepped up to the microphone and told everyone that Richard was disqualified because he is the wrong type of match sticks.
Speaker 4: It's so.
Speaker 3: Get that right. Eight years double chat. He was using the right thing, but.
Speaker 1: Match sticks he used weren't commercially available to purchase, so those.
Speaker 2: Don't count out. And the thing is.
Speaker 1: Three years into his build, Richard got tired of buying matches from the supermarket and having to manually remove all the sulfur heads from each and every one, right.
Speaker 3: Because you can't build with those At the.
Speaker 1: End, he got inventive and struck a deal with a manufacturer to sell him giant boxes of headless matches to him.
Speaker 4: Like a cheap I mean, it's so much easier, practical, cheat, It's just a smarter move. No.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that choice turned out to be his demise, so Richard plans to appeal the decision and is hopeful he won't have to start all over again.
Speaker 3: Match Sticks, it's still match sticks.
Speaker 1: This is just like when I set the Guinness World Record for drinking the Caprice on the fastest.
Speaker 2: But they're like, no, that was an amor and Caprica and we want a UK Caprice.
Speaker 4: But they can't have an American record. Jeffrey, I mean I'm still upset about that too.
Speaker 2: You know, the Guinness people were such sticklers.
Speaker 3: Take that down.
Speaker 1: Let's go to your next laser story out of the Midwest. I know some people in this room won't be happy about this, but Nebraska will be scrapping it's awesome tourism slogan Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's not for everyone.
Speaker 3: How is that not caught on?
Speaker 2: Well that's probably why they're dropping it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This week, Nebraska's Tourism Commission announced that it was ditching the tagline because quote, it's a thing of the past.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: Times change and everything has a shelf life.
Speaker 3: What's the new one?
Speaker 1: Because it makes it seem like that tagline has been around for generations, but it's only five years old.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, somebody got hired in the tourism department wants to put their mark on things.
Speaker 1: The thing is, it actually was successful because a survey of tourists and the target market for Nebraska showed interest rising from nineteen percent in twenty nineteen to more recently thirty nine percent.
Speaker 3: Interests a big job.
Speaker 1: Also, during the last five years, Nebraska moved up to become the forty first state people were interested in visiting, which is up from fiftieth dead last where it had been previously. That's the.
Speaker 3: Ladder places to go Nebraska.
Speaker 1: So of course the slogan was meant to be fun and self deprecating, something they could use jokingly in their marketing as a way to appeal to people.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're leaning into that number fifty they were.
Speaker 2: At, but it wasn't for everybody.
Speaker 3: God, now they're forty one, it's gone to their head jets.
Speaker 2: Well, the current governor was not a fan of it.
Speaker 1: He recently called it nonsense and urged the Travel Commission to find a new slogan. So unclear what that's going to be. But in the past it was Nebraska, where the West begins to hopefully the last the Internet and get some creative submissions from people Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift came here once.
Speaker 1: Almost stay this next size of stories out of v.
Speaker 2: Day, Me Day Headquarters. Let's go back.
Speaker 1: In twenty twelve, a company was created with the acronym WGAC It stands for who Gives a Crap? And back then Who Gives a Crap launched a product through crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. Was It where their dream was to turn your ex's old love letters into toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Oh money, did it work out?
Speaker 1: Per the company's website, It's Flush your Ex campaign is now back due to popular demand on Valentine's Day, and this time it's personal.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, wasn't it already? It seems pretty personal?
Speaker 2: I think it's. Yeah, it's just as personal as it was before.
Speaker 1: Instrumatic Okay, the company's asking you to send in letters taking up psychic space in your sock drawer so that they can take your ex's writings and then magic transformed their BS into TP.
Speaker 3: Can you print out text messages? You can write out the text message and then send it in.
Speaker 1: But once that happens, the roles will be shipped to you immediately for consumption. Can they say the second you start using it, it's actually pretty cathartic and enjoyable. Roger always was soft on the tush. Yeah, let's go to your next laser story. Out of social media central, random guy on Twitter just went viral for his post. I got thousands of likes and a lot of controversial feedback. It was a question that said, you are offered the chance to flip a coin tails, you get one billion dollars heads, you get continuous, incurable hiccups for your entire life.
Speaker 3: Oh that's terrible.
Speaker 2: And not flipping the coin guarantees you both.
Speaker 3: You can't even solve hiccups with a billion dollars?
Speaker 2: What do you shoot? I tough question, right. I would choose the guaranteed ball because I know how to get rid of hiccups. But no, you can if you can.
Speaker 1: According to the web, the results came back apparently fifty seven percent of people would actually flip the coin, which is more than I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's tails.
Speaker 4: I feel like, how often does it land on tails? I know it's a fifty to fifty chance, but it doesn't feel like it.
Speaker 2: I always pig tails. But you may be right here.
Speaker 1: Maybe forty three percent of people said they would accept the hiccups if it meant they'd also be a billionaire.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you're that rich, can you make everybody else have hiccups so everybody's in it together with you?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm just trying to figure out, like a way that I can live with it?
Speaker 1: Is that really what you would want to spend your billion dollars hot giving you a whole world hiccups?
Speaker 4: Think it only costs one hundred millions.
Speaker 2: You have nine hundred milli lefs. I mean to be honest, if.
Speaker 1: You think about it, hiccups are just random spasms of the diaphragm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and that's.
Speaker 1: Actually what's been bugging this guy all these years up the fathoms.
Speaker 2: We thought it was something else that he was doing. Turned out it's just tiny little turtle hiccups.
Speaker 3: That's so cute. Actually, yeah, I wish it was.
Speaker 2: That's what we're calling it now.
Speaker 1: That means Laser Stories has come to it end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Monday
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,