Speaker 1: And That's what You Really Missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's What You Really miss Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Jenna, I'm Kevin, and welcome to another just exciting, exciting episode of this recapping season three with us.
Speaker 1: This is season three episode fifteen, titled Big Brother. This is one of the funniest episodes I think we have.
Speaker 2: Really, Yes, I would like to say that this is why guest stars I think want to come on the show, because they get to do really fun things, show off other talents and other sides of themselves that are maybe not the sides that the public knows them for.
Speaker 1: Aka Matt Boehmer being the funniest.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to talk about Matt for a second. Sure, Matt Bohmer is the Jonathan Groff of You're right now, because they are both they have the same energy. Yes, and it's shocking because they're both insanely talented, obviously, and they're both insanely gorgeous. Yes, And you one might think, because of their success, their looks, their talents, that they would not be the kindest people on the planet, but.
Speaker 1: Just like the nicest and like always talk and whisper kind of.
Speaker 2: Person, like they command a room without trying. They look at you like you're the only person that's ever existed.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you feel seen, You feel the golden light, if you through you. If either of them started a cult, I would willingly joint, joint happily, and I would tell I would brag about it, like it's not a dangerous thing. Well, it would be a nice cult, yeah, But at the same time you'd be like jump off the cliff and like okay, okay, okay. So this episode aired on April twenty twelve. Time Jump, We're back. What was going on in the world?
Speaker 2: We Are Young? By Fun and Jenne Monae. Previously on Glee. Seene on Glee is the number one song in the country. Look at that, look at the impact. The number one movie was Hunger Games.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I went to this premiere.
Speaker 1: I think I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A bunch of us went together and I don't remember who I was with, but we.
Speaker 1: Did all go right, Okay, I thought, so, maybe I'm conflating this with Twilight, but anyway, I've seen it. In Glee News this Week on April ninth, twenty twelve, Chris Corey, Lee, and Matt and Jean appeared on the Inside the Actors Studio alongside of Ryan and it was filmed on December of twenty eleven and then aired April nine, twenty twelve. Of all the things that everybody, everybody used to do, separate things, if everybody gets to do something different, you know, they can't always bring everybody on the show, you know, on all these special shows, this is the one I was the most envious. So absolutely I felt sad that I wasn't a part of it. But also I was like, yes, Glee represent on the Actor Studio, are you Katie?
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that the show got asked to be on there in the first place, and definitely like had severe fomo, but this was the right crew and how cool that they got to do that.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: Also, I like this so this is film in December because my question going into this was in the next episode, Finn talks about Inside the Active Studio, I'm an actress, and so I imagine maybe they took some inspiration from what was going on in real life, like let's put this in because I would find up for when they were working on that script, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I think so, Kevin, I think you're right. So after Big Brother aired this episode, the Bio channel aired Glee Don't Stop Believing Keep On Believing, a special featuring behind the scenes content and interviews from the cast, crew and creators. I don't think I ever saw this.
Speaker 2: We were at Taylor Swift levels of saturation at this point. We were everywhere, you know, like it was after the tour, after the movie. We had shows about the show while we were on other shows.
Speaker 1: This is why people hate us.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, we really were just like everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well there was a lot happening. But important things for this episode were that Eric Stoltz is.
Speaker 2: Back, couldn't you tell?
Speaker 1: I can always always tell.
Speaker 2: There's something about It's also I knew he directed a lot of episodes, but damn.
Speaker 1: No a lot. There was one I remember, like towards the end he was doing two in a row yea, And that never happened because I mean, you really rarely got time to prep. Directors got time to prep for an episode because they were receiving the script pretty much the day that they started. But to do two in a row is and then you can't edit it and it's just too much people don't normally do that's not normal, but he did it once. This was written by our friend Michael Leitchcock and the crew and special guests, not Boomer as Kevin said, our o cult leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as Cooper Anderson, not to be confused with Anderson Cooper.
Speaker 3: Can you tell me about the songs in this episode, gladly, Jenna.
Speaker 2: So there's quite a bit of music. I'm still standing hungry like a wolf sash Rio mashup fighter up up somebody that I used to know. And there as an honorable mention, Bop by Hanson is playing in the background when a young Blaine is dancing Hansen. Yes, this is the first episode where both Mercedes and Rachel aren't featured in any songs. Very weird. It also so weird. Fun fact follow me on this. Okay, So you know when we did the duets episode and then like people just didn't end up doing the duets. This episode marks the end of all of those people actually getting to do duets.
Speaker 1: Whow.
Speaker 2: I shout out to Sam for putting that one together because we were reading like what is what you kept trying? But I love it because we have finally followed through.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it just takes us some.
Speaker 1: Time a second. Yeah, I just believe suspension of disbelieve that, like at some point point they did it. We just didn't see it, right.
Speaker 2: But it's Glee. I want to see it. I want to see the duet.
Speaker 1: No, no, I always want to see it. I always want to see it. This episode also aired on the same day as National Sibling Day in the United States. Matt Boehmer suggested to Ryan Murphy that he should consider using Gautier's song Somebody that I Used to know as a duet on the show. Well, Ryan obviously had already thought about doing the song on the show, and a week later, Matt received a text from mine asking if he wanted to come on the show and sing it. Is that how you get a job from Ryan Murphy these days, gay Mafia, gest a thing and then secretly plan it, and then you get on the show because you suggested it. Fair enough? Yeah, anyway, I'm kidding, there's nobody better but Matt Bohmer to come and guest star on this episode. He made this episode, I mean, foking fabulous.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy about Matt Bomer. Matt Bomer grew up with Lee Pace.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were to high school together in Houston.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you imagine. Wow, if I was in high school with them as like a closeted gay boy and both of them eight feet tall, I don't know what I would I like, what do you're both? They're both like the two most beautiful people ever get talented. I just can't believe that that's too much beauty. They took up all the good Texas jeans because then you get Patroll like me, you stop, you stop?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. That and Darren this is new to me. So there's a flip that they filmed some time during this episode off to the side of Cooper's Transformer's audition tape that Blaine makes an appearance in, and it's on YouTube so you can just google quick. It's so Cooper's Transformer's audition tape. It is so funny and it brings me so much chold.
Speaker 2: I wish this somehow. I wish it was in the episode.
Speaker 1: But I would love the spin off of the two of them.
Speaker 2: Their chemistry was unmatched.
Speaker 1: I really loved this whole Cooper Blaine storyline.
Speaker 2: It's also so fun that like, okay, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Before the episode aired, the Glee on Fox's YouTube channel uploaded the promo in which you could see Quinn in her wheelchair, but it was later removed and replaced by a similar one, but without Quinn because spoiler alert, you know, they gave it away really quickly, right, And the roller coaster scene, Rory is the only gree member that's not sitting next to another member, and the roller coaster scene is viper at six fives match the mountain Valencia, California, which is where I sort of grew up and went to high school, and the skatepark was also up there, so it felt like a homecoming day for me because that was my territory. I used to live drive Yeah, the first two years agree I, or first season agree I lived on Magic Mountain Parkway and would drive down to La Proper and shoot and be driving back at like two or three am, which is why I moved down and moved in with you. It was too far, it was dangerous.
Speaker 1: It was too much. The amount of time you slept on our couches so that you wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel was okay. This is the sixth episode after Throwdown Home Duets Rumors and the first time in which two duets are sung by the in two people, but the first were two different pairings. Seeing two duets in one episode aka like Blade and Cooper sing two duets and quinnin Larky seeing true duets. You guys have a lot of songs in this episode, and.
Speaker 2: It was very exciting to have duets with Diana. It never happened and very exciting. I remember distinctly going into the recording booth and hearing part of her vocal that she had recorded, and it was so nice because our voices are quite different and her are both very distinct. It's like they do that with a lot of us for all. Our voices were so different and we found that good pairing. It just sounds really nice.
Speaker 1: Very yeah, and it makes you like sing differently to try to like match them in a way. Yeah. Yeah, it's like being in a scene with some money, you know.
Speaker 2: It was really it was really fun and I really like both of those songs.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed them both given some of the circumstances being a.
Speaker 2: Little Yeah, you can take the song out of story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. Okay, we'll get into it.
Speaker 2: So the little summary of this episode is much to Blaine chagrin. His big shot of Hollywood actor brother Cooper comes to visit. Meanwhile, Finn contemplates a new career path and suicides to help the new Directions win at Nationals. Plus, Quinn's fate is revealed. So Quinn is alive after the accident. She's in a wheelchair, but she's convinced that she'll be walking by Nationals and graduation, which already doesn't really love. He's trying to be like, hey, I thought I would too, but let's get some perspective here on the matter. And so already, you know, Quinn's send some QT together to help her manage your wheelchair and her expectations.
Speaker 1: Ultimately right number one, there's like it's nuanced because she's like, well, I'll be up and walking, and Alty's like, well, I thought that too, So manager expectitions, but also like if she is going to be I'm walking, like I'm sure that weighs on already saying like this is my this is my forever. You know you could see that on your sweet little face. Yeah, it was very nice. I thought the two of you were really great together and have great chemistry. You guys are good friends obviously, so it it reflects your relationship on screen, I think really nicely. And like you said, your voices also sound really nice together because they're so distinct. What was it like having somebody in a wheelchair next to you, mister Kevin.
Speaker 2: I think it sort of felt like the storyline in a way where if you remember back when we did Proud Mary Dan, it didn't love the wheel chair. It was hard because we were going up those ramps and things, and so it felt like when you guys are in the wheelchair, all of you, and when she and Quinn got in the wheelchair in this time, that it felt like I can sort of show you how to do this a bit at least like on this set, right, I can't speak to how to be in a wheelchair in real life, but I could speak to like going around the set or these scenes like this is sort of how it works. And so that scene when we're going up that ramp, which was really nice steep by the way, it was legitimately steep. I could barely do it. And then you can see it a lot of that status ad lived and Stolts just had us doing it over and over and just let the cameras roll, which was really fun. And so when she gets up there and is laughing hystically and I'm laughing, that's all very much real and not you know, with a tinge of the character. And when she gets up there, she does start to roll back down the thing, and I like catch her, and I'm so glad they use those takes because those were the most loose for sure.
Speaker 1: It's really cute you guys doing I'm still standing. Well, okay, look I love this song. Originally, I love this song with you guys on it. I don't love this song in the context of the show. I think it's where we want to step too far, be on the line, which we usually tow anyway, But everybody's faces WI watching IM still standing is actually very funny because I'm like, okay, good, at least we're acknowledging it. It is. What do you remember your reaction like when you were when you got this script?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, randomly, because I think I was very much into the like bad humor of it all. M like, this is insane, but of course we're doing this, this is Glee, like, of course you're doing it. So it was nice that I got to play sort of how I felt of like, yeah, it's another number. We're so desensitized to the crazy shit we're doing, like, yeah, I'm just gonna do it. And then thank God because as I was doing it, I couldn't really watch your guys's reactions because I'm just already just sort of showing Quinn, you know, the moves and things in real time, and so watching it and seeing your reactions, I had the exact same reactions. Got it because this is this is what the deal needs to feel like, this is Yeah. I also just have so many questions of like, we're just gonna skip the whole recovery process and she's in a wheelchair and it's like fine because she got t boned really horribly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tend to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I was like, Okay, it's Glee, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, we have to take it for what it is.
Speaker 2: I guess I also do you know what it's like? So when we got to do scenes with people that we weren't normally paired with, it just was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: It was so much like those little things I got to do with Naya or with Leah where it was we never get to do it, and you get to sort of be extra because when you're with someone else, you're bring out different side of your character. Yes, and so yes, we got all that time together. We got to do that ramp thing and the number so you have rehearsal part and the skate part was really fun. It was really early but much like the actual scene, we got to meet so many amazing people, legitimate lab who could do all those things. My stunt double was actually there doing the flips. Wow. And we got to you know, go down the little ramps and things, which was terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much did you guys do?
Speaker 2: It was just that. I mean, so there's a shot where there's two like downhill ramp things. We only did the second one. So my sun double was and we had some doubles for both of us, like go down the big one and then we were down the little one, and.
Speaker 1: Then Diana did that last one that she does.
Speaker 2: Actually mini cue and then we were wrapped earlier that day, That's what I remember. Well, you guys got to go to six Flags, right.
Speaker 1: So the skate Park was Inlandcia next or near Six Flags, and so we did it all in one day, and so yes, and then we did Six Flags, which is all about Senior Ditch Day. So they're trying to find finn Is, trying to think up the best Senior Ditch Day possible. They have a meeting about it, which I guess I'm there because I'm sure I asked why I was there Anyway. I actually think that maybe Eric brought me in for that. So Eric Stoltz was the only director that would call somebody in. He wasn't written into a scene. And let me be very clear, I love Eric Stults. I did not love that because it was like we were never not in scenes. We were always in scenes together and very rarely like you know, you and Diana like that was the time off, but we were probably rehearsing or doing something else. So it's it was like, what a not in the scene? And then he called me in, and uh, Tina's a junior, but I guess she was there for Mike.
Speaker 2: Well and Artie's a junior, but I was you there for Quinn?
Speaker 1: I guess so, But you're really talking about Senior Ditch Day like it was senior ditch day, Like it wasn't acknowledged that, like we weren't supposed to be there right anyway, because there was a whole scene where all of you talking. I wasn't in, so you weren't there. But why I was Tina there then? Because Eric stults?
Speaker 2: Well probably because like I could have been recording, so I wasn't available, you could come in. I mean, I do yes, in terms of practicality, it was like, let me take this afternoon off, please, But also he was the best at making it feel real and feel those scenes out with us, and.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it now. I just didn't love it then, but I get in. I get it. I would probably do the same thing. Have I read totally No, you're just like whatever, it's for the best of the.
Speaker 2: Like you're getting paid anyway, it doesn't cost anymore to have you there, like just or they.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have brought it totally.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Kate.
Speaker 6: Hudson and I'm Oliver Hudson. And at last I checked for.
Speaker 5: Siblings, and this is sibling revelry.
Speaker 6: We're full blood siblings, the only.
Speaker 5: Full blood and our family well not in the world, I mean.
Speaker 6: In the whole world.
Speaker 2: This is it, like no one.
Speaker 6: Anyway, We're back with season four. I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm so excited, bigger and better than ever. You might be asking yourself, what is sibling revelry?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we just made it up. There is no sibling revelry. It's reveling in your sibling.
Speaker 5: And it's fun because we've decided to open it up, you know, to really like all kinds of different siblings. And it's going to be an awesome season.
Speaker 6: So listen to Sibling Revelry on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to.
Speaker 4: What Gods.
Speaker 1: We decide to go to Six Flags for Senior Ditch Day, and that's how you guys end up at the skate park. Already and Quinn because it's not really the best Senior Ditch Day for you guys, and so Already can then Squinn to do something different. But Tina goes to Senior Ditch today because like, why wouldn't I go to Senior Ditch Day. But here's the funny part. It was awesome they closed the park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was so jealous.
Speaker 1: It was so cool. The whole parking lot was just empty and it was just our trailers, and you could see like the all the roller coasters, you know, like as you walk into a theme park, and they were like not going, and it was empty and it was quiet, and we kind of got to like run around the park and like Hafrey Rain and it was really fun. The only thing was I love roller coasters. I'm a roller coaster girly. This is my favorite thing. If I could really ride roller coasters all day long, I would. I had recently hurt my back really badly. And this was when this is after two and a half seasons of dancing in heels, stomping up and down those risers repetitively, I had to get injuries. I'm going to stop, and a lot of people started getting injuries, and my back went out really badly, so badly that we were living together, Kevin, and one night I went out to a bar with some friends and I bent down and I couldn't stand up straight. And this was the time before ubers, before any of that. I had to leave the bar and get in a cab bent over to go home. I had to leave. I was like, you guys, can stay, have to go home. I came home and I laid on the living room floor of the wooden floor, and you guys had left. I remember you were going somewhere and I was like, I'll be fine. You gave me water in medicine and you put it by my head. About four hours later, I could not get up. I could not stand up by myself, so somebody had peeled me off the floor, taking me to the emergency room. I was at the emergency room all night because they thought I had like kidney infection, because usually like your back or the heart from kidney infections. Now it was just I had a herniated disc in my back, in my spine. So I was recovering from that at the time, all while still going to to work. I was calling it school, and so I wasn't really able to ride the roller coasters because it was really painful.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to ask how many times did you guys do it?
Speaker 1: A lot? I would say ten, maybe maybe more, because they put so what they did was I think Andrew Mitchell got in one cameras like ragged himself. I don't know, I don't remember how he did it. And then the other times they put cameras in front of us that were ragged exactly on the carts, and so I had said to him, look, I'm really not supposed to do this, but for my own selfishly, I want to do this, so like I can do it a few times, that's probably all I should do it, because I don't want to mess at my back forever and like not be able to work. But they did it like a lot, and I remember sitting out probably most of those. He will He was like, you're not doing it. I also was like, I can't dance, and so if you're like, I can write a roller coaster, but I can't dance unkily, like it doesn't really track. So I got I got in one time with Harry. I think you catch a glimpse of me. It was really really fun the roller coast that was viper. He had his make out the whole time, shocking and Harry and I really worried about our teeth. Oh yeah, like bang our cheek. So we were just laughing and we did it a little bit and then we stopped. But then I got to ride it. I think like one or two other times. But it was really really.
Speaker 2: Challenge, like going again. During the resets, was there quite a bit of time or were you just sort of going back to back to back.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it wasn't back to back. I don't think anybody would have made it that way. I think each time they did a different camera angle, camera set up. I think they only had a few go pros, so I think they would actually swap them out on different carts. Okay, yeah, yeah. It wasn't like, uh, it wasn't constant, but it was definitely like often, like they were going pretty often and everybody was like pretty game. I don't think anybody was like, oh I get sick, or they wouldn't have made them do it. Everybody was really having totally and it was a quick day, Like we were out of there very early.
Speaker 2: We were out of the skate park really early.
Speaker 1: I think it was expensive also to rent out like they probably did it by I don't know, I actually don't know, but it was enough that like they were like, let's let's get it out of here, and then we had to shoot entering the park exiting the park, so all of that stuff, you know, all of the non not so fun stuff, but we're not as fun stuff for roller kisters, but that anyway, that that was the the Six.
Speaker 2: Flags I drove over there just to see recently. No, when you guys are filming it. I remember after oh you did. Yeah, I drove over there. I don't remember why, but I just sort of looked around and then I was like, I'm going to go see my other friends that live Flin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so nice.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So a couple of smaller things that happened get out of the way here. So Figgins makes coach Ros.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 2: I love Nini. I'm just every time I see her on screen, I'm like, she needs to be in more things.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, she she really doesn't make she comes quite a bit, thank goodness.
Speaker 2: But she's now the new co captain of the Cheerios and Sue is furious. So she says she's going to help new Directions with nationals and when she wins, she'll be the sole captain of the Cheerios. So Sue takes over booty Camp, which is great, starts shouting at everyone, and then will accompany Sue at the doctor, her first where she's finding out the sex of her baby mm hmm, and finds out she's having a girl, but the doctor says there's some irregularities, pointing to the baby most likely we'll have Down syndrome. Yeah, and so it's sort of you know, there's not a better person to have a child with Down syndrome than Sue Syvester.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Ironically, it's a weird it's like a weirdly sweet storyline of like Sue being genuine about wanting Obviously she's heretive motives for wanting to help the new directions win. Like, but that's season three, here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it all feels strange because Sue's having a baby, and yeah, it's always strange, but this this moment in it, I thought it was very sweet as well. And the fact that like she's gonna go by herself and I was like, who's going to go with you? Like this is a big deal and so friend, Yeah really.
Speaker 2: She said friend. That felt like a really big moment because when have they ever referred to each other as friends? And so, you know, most of the show they've been each other's next and so it's nice that when it counts the most, you know, will and Emma show up. That's right, I mean they always do.
Speaker 1: Sue's little like almost non response was just very countering.
Speaker 2: You know, gosh, there's You're right though, I keep thinking about there's always a baby. There's always a baby. Always Beth is gone, disappeared, and now there's this baby. There's this baby.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I couldn't tell you. You're gonna have to ask somebody else. Huck is convinced trying to convince Finn to move to California with him to start a pool cleaning business together, and then Finn's like, no, I'm going to New York with Rachel. But Puck's like, yo, you seem to be doing like only what Rachel wants, Like why aren't you thinking about yourself? And this plants a seed in Finn's mind like, oh right, what about me? And so they're cleaning these pools said line about like she's like ugly for La or something. It's crazy. I'm sorry, she's like a five in La. But this does send Finn into a bit of a tailspin, and it creates some drama with Finn and Rachel about him saying like, yeah, but is this all for you or for me? Are you only thinking about yourself? Or what about what I want and what I eat? Which is a very fair thing, And I think you know, as they've gotten into some very serious commitments to each other, these are the questions that need to be as Yeah, but they're really sweet together, I think.
Speaker 2: And I really like the storyline between them, and I really like it for Ben because it goes on for a little bit. Yeah, and that's it's nice to give him something juicy like this, because it can be funny, like the actual cleaning of the pool, but then it's a real issue. And I think, I you know me, I've said it a million times, but I love the real high school drama of it all.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this.
Speaker 2: Storyline really brings that out, because it's not normal. I don't think that you have kids like Rachel and Kurt you know exactly what they want to do. They're the exception, that's right. And then like, how are you supposed to know what you want to do at seventeen sixteen, seventeen eighteen years old for the rest of your life. And he's from a small town and he's with somebody who is overpowering and that way, and a lot of times it's easier just to follow them. And Corey is such a good actor. Oh my god, it's so nice to see him use this one story line, Yes, to get you all of this, it's yeah. In the next episode it's also great.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's stunning. Yeah, okay, it's a little bit more of that. I know, it's infuriating, it is. There's a lot that happens in this episode.
Speaker 2: There's so much, but it feels really balanced.
Speaker 1: It does. I mean, I think we skimmed over a little bit of Quinn more like I would have I would have loved, like, I agree, you're right, you and Quinn and a little bit more of her journey versus just kind of being like I'm gonna walk again, don't worry. Like I think that could have been stretched out. But look, it was effective and it's really and it will it will live on, we'll see more of it. So but most importantly, Matt Boemer Cooper Anderson is in this episode, and it's Blaine's big brother who comes to town and charms the hell out of us. But I I can kind of explain to you the joy of watching somebody like try to be a good actor or with like the worst advice and direction possible.
Speaker 2: That pointing shit brings me. That pointing thing is brilliant.
Speaker 1: So his masterclass like he's first seen introduced, like coming in and then introducing himself and just sitting in front of the classroom, like the power he held and the comedic genius and the delivery of everything. Like actually, if you're a really good actor, which Matt Boehmer is, you really have to play against all of your all against your instincts. And it's it's like trying to be drunk, like they say, to act like you're trying not to be drunk instead of acting drunk, Like he has to play against all of his good instincts to do something like this to actually be bad, to be funny, he says in his masterclass, which I got to play the dead body. I was honored. The key, of course, the key to a dramatic scene is pointing. When people are really emotional, they point their fingers a lot. It's just other choices. I plan ahead of time screening all my lines because I'm really intense and the things I'm feeling are really tense because I'm an intense actor. Nicholas Cage, right, and you can hear not laughing in this he.
Speaker 2: Does like a a good Nicholas Cage. It's very good, and I guess and I can't tell if he's I feel like some of these lines he's ad libbing because he's so in it. He is a little bit here and there because it is his commitment to it. Also, you know that that's it, there was a commitment. Glee started out as an hour long comedy, and we were in all the comedy categorized, all the award shows, and then at some point like, oh, we're a full drama. However, right, you have Matt Boemer come on and his storyline is that of someone who's famous because they're in a popular credit score commercial and everyone is freaking out, Like Sue's reaction to him, like stalking him in the hallways is so good.
Speaker 1: When he kisses Sue on the lips, I was. I cackled this whole episode. There's a couple of really good lines of Cooper says that we have to I feel like we have to point out he says, the secret to great acting. Great acting is ignoring whatever the other actor is doing. I contact with a scene partner is incredibly distracting. I try to tune them out entirely. Sometimes I wear earplugs that way, I don't get distracted by what they're doing, and I can focus on the awesome acting choices I've planned ahead of time, like eating a roast beef sandwich. Right, that could go really terribly wrong. Yea, like somebody'd saying delivering that line could go terribly wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not if they're good like Matt Boehmer. I also love that scene opens up with don't go to college. It's a waste of time after everyone's been talking about college the entire season. Theeder's Laye broadways Dead React TV in the film Oh God. He also when he gets in a fight with Blaine later on, he's like, I can't tell you're mad because you're not pointing at me.
Speaker 1: He recently master plos. He says things are serious. A man in an address is dead.
Speaker 2: I will also what my equally favorite part of this is the storyline is Darren gets something to do.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: We all get into our like sort of rhythms of what the characters their everyday lives and dramas are, and then Blaine all of a sudden. It's just irritated the entire time, and it's so amazing to see somebody who is so likable like Matt Bomer, come on and then have a character from the outset hate him. Yes, it was written. Darren was so good at it.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: It's so dramatic. You hate him so much. You have to sing Fighter by.
Speaker 7: Christine the screams screen behind him.
Speaker 1: Of all of that, I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking every department must have loved this, but the art department because they got to do all this crazy shit the commercial.
Speaker 1: It's really funny. It's really really funny.
Speaker 2: Do you remember working with Matt, like doing these scenes with him?
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember, okay, so I remember him being really funny, but watching him back, like, I don't know that I appreciated how funny he was. Like I felt like I was like, oh my god, I was truly shocked. But I do remember working with him, and I remember these scenes very vividly, I think because Eric and him were very collaborative, and like, I think he did add live some of this stuff because I think it's yes, it's very clear in my mind, and I think I was shocked by it.
Speaker 2: And he felt like such a natural fit on the show. Especially watching it's like, oh, he fully understands. We had other guest stars who were extremely talented, but you know, everyone's got their own thing, and he fully fit in.
Speaker 1: Like himself in it. Yeah, yeah, that's right, that's totally right.
Speaker 2: How was she came back for more?
Speaker 1: I think it's his commitment, Like he was just so honest about everything, and he was so like every the circumstances were so ridiculous, but he was just so honest about it all that he made it. It just elevated all of it. It was just so funny.
Speaker 2: Have you seen fellow travelers. No, he's very good, and it's the content opposite of this.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is a he is the he's the most versatile.
Speaker 2: Which is I mean, I think like when this, when he did Glee, mm hmm, he wasn't He was famous, but he wasn't as famous as he is now, and he hadn't done as much as he's done now. And like to now look back and see the range of all the things he has done and how good he is at all of those things is truly remarkable. And I think sometimes people are sold short sometimes if they look like Matt Omer that's where he is just as talented as he is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, right, No, you're totally right and nice, like a nice person to work with.
Speaker 2: So nice.
Speaker 1: Do you remember working with him?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I just remember I think, like dying laughing at all this and that Nicholas cage.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the Nicholas Cage of it all and the yelling. I remember that line. I was yelling because we had a hard time not laughing. Yeah, because I don't think that's he also like came in just doing that, like he started out a tent's right.
Speaker 2: And it is. You've heard us talk about how you know, the wheels were falling off. We were all like tired, broken people, and then you have somebody come in like that and just energize you and remind you of like what you're doing and why you're doing and how much fun it is. Was just such a game.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, like even the reactions of the Glee club, like in his Master clubs, all the different takes of like how people were perceiving him and like reacting to him like he made us better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well we didn't have to do anything because see he was so good. We were just being ourselves.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, and that's a Matt Boomer love fest orf I've ever heard one, But I really cackled like a lot during this more than usual, like quite a bit more than usual. So I think this episode is really really funny for me, like very belly belly laughing funny.
Speaker 2: And I think it also shows I really enjoyed his delusion because that's that first number he does with Darren. Darren is fantastic in it, and then he's like, no, you're a little flat.
Speaker 1: I like their voices together, yes, oh, and you can also sing oh.
Speaker 2: It was a showcase of Matt's ability and range, and also for Darren. I think because they all got to do things, I think they were outside of the norm for them, and just yeah, it was exciting. It was really exciting. I wanted more of them.
Speaker 1: Let's grade the performances. That's what I'm talking about. Spinoff Cooper and Blaine. I'm still standing, by the way, before we do that, did you see that Matt Bomer went and watched Darren yes little shop and took a picture and said his little brother, which I thought was so very cute. Oh, that's so nice of him to go see Darren. I wish I could go see them do that. We should, That's right, cute.
Speaker 2: I'm still standing.
Speaker 1: Look, circumstances aside, situation aside. I give it an A.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the covers an A. I think the actual number is like a C.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, fair enough, hungry like the Wolf rio.
Speaker 2: I I'll give it an A minus.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair. I was gonna go be plus plus. So we're saying this.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that as well, because they didn't with just being in a choir room and it being their first number together.
Speaker 8: Hilarious, great, yes, exactly, okay, fighter a.
Speaker 2: Plus yes, hilarious great. I also loved it was one of those things where reminding myself, this is a satire, Like Blaine is so serious right now, and look at that screen behind him. This is comedy goal, honey, because you feel like when we were filming some of these things, like we're so in it, probably for the better as our characters that like, you're not playing the comedy of it, which is why it's funny.
Speaker 1: No, and so, but it reads ridiculous. You're like, what is happening? But it's really very good. Yes, it's very good. I'm glad a lot of people got it up up up.
Speaker 2: I like the song. It was just joy like joyful. I mean, it's very swa. I think it's sweet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna give it a night like.
Speaker 8: It's you know, it's fun. Plus plus somebody that I think a Yeah, agreed, agreed. We had a good that's a good rating all across the board, A good variety of music.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and also we always need more, Christina, let's.
Speaker 7: Do some tardy taps, Okay, romans, I'm still saying that. Yeah, the concept, We've said enough about it. Yeah, best dance move.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a ton of dancing in this episode, right, but I mean hungry like a wolf was insane. Darren gets on the piano everywhere, Okay, something I also, I would say the skate park it can be Dan this, You're right, I mean that is the most impressive.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, Okay, we'll go with that. Okay, best song, this is hard. They're all very, very different. I guess I'll go with somebody that I used to know. Your favorite song.
Speaker 1: I'm going to a fighter.
Speaker 2: Respect. You can't go wrong, you can't go wrong.
Speaker 1: Across the board, good report card, performance, proper stuff.
Speaker 2: The head shot also like a special shout out to Britney's camera. She's taking pictures with the cap.
Speaker 4: Onery sides from n cis Oh man, that's good too.
Speaker 2: Best line. Oh my god, it's gotta be one of Cooper's. Yeah for sure, So okay, so Cooper says, Stanislavski says the fingers are the eyes of the body, but he never mentioned that the toes are the ears.
Speaker 1: What I think I'm gonna go with the the Nicholas Cage line, and that's more about the to be fair, that's more about the delivery than it is the line itself. But I think I have to give it to him.
Speaker 2: I'm performance VP's Matt Boehmer obviously, like just crushed it, obviously. So for should we found on TikTok This week, Grilled Jesus Mary did a slide show about Super Bowl twenty twenty four predictions, and there's things like San Francisco scores at the end of the first half. Case he scores a touchdown but misses the extra point. Usher delivers an exciting performance. Then oh my god, a giant asteroid hit the field and all of the Chiefs are hurt. He can't plain anymore. Who will play the forty nine ers. The William McKinley High School football team comes to the field and performs single ladies taking the field in the final play of the game, a touchdown, a score by McKinley, bringing the score to twenty to twenty one, and send Kurt Hummel and for the extra point to win the game. And there's all these incredible pictures and Kurt performing ladies.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's very funny, very good. Yeah, thank you girl, Jesus, girl, Jesus, Jesus.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say before we go, i'n listened to this podcast called Hollywood Gold, which interviews producers of movies, and I feel like if people because producers don't get often interviewed, and you can see her from start to finish, how like some of the biggest films in the world get made, and I feel like you have our perspective here as the performers in it doing it, and to hear how production goes for movies. It's not that dissimilar from here, but it's just fascinating and I think you should listen to it if you enjoy like behind the scenes stuff of this. It's not a mad not getting paid to do this, but it's just some really brilliant, brilliant things. Like I listened Silver Linings Playbook. There's an episode about and Arrival and it's just great.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, good wreck Kevin.
Speaker 2: Okay, come back next week. It's Saturday night, gleever exciting.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to you, guys, and that's what you really.
Speaker 2: Miss Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.