Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: It's a Fantasy pros Dynasty Fantasy football podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bagman. Follow me on the Twitter at Bogman Sports. I'm joined as always by Pat Fitzmorris at Fits Underscore FF and Derek Brown at Debro Underscore FF. On this episode today, we are going to be discussing the Senior Bowl risers and follers, and to do that, of course Deebro is here with us.
Speaker 1: He was just at the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 2: FITZI you watched the Senior Bowl, paid attention to all the practices. It's always a fun event. What is your relationship with the Senior Ball? How many have you watched? Have you been watching the whole time? Because I like, I remember a mir Abdulah winning player of the game on this thing, like a lot of older prospects. But your thoughts about the Senior Bowl, Yeah, it's always fun.
Speaker 3: I got to get back. I've not been to one since the nineteen nineties. Wow's how long it's been. When I was at Pro Football Weekly a long time ago. So I miss sitting out and soaking up the rays at lad People's Stadium like Debro was able to do. And you know, hitting the eating and drinking establishments on Dophin Street at night. Mobile is a really cool town, really cool town and fit.
Speaker 1: You were there before the internet, so were there in the nineties.
Speaker 4: So it was, I mean it was it was different.
Speaker 3: Like I was seeing a lot of shots of the stands and Deebro and those guys in Like the stands were I won't say they were filled, but there were a lot of people in the stands.
Speaker 4: The year I went, no one was in the stands. Everyone was just on the field.
Speaker 3: The stands were like where, Yeah, the stands were where like new newly hired head coaches would take assistant coaches to go and like talk to them and offer them jobs and stuff like go for a private conversation in the stands. There was no one actually sitting there watching the practices.
Speaker 2: And people would kind of whisper too because they didn't want to interrupt the coaches and stuff. I had that at the Arizona Fall League out here. I went in like two thousand and seven and the only people in the crowd were the players, go friends and wives.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: They're all reading books, right, and I'm sitting there like Kim or maybe it's gonna be pretty good, you know.
Speaker 4: So you're there with your speed gun and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, me and the four other scouts that are there, right, But Debro, you were there. You were at the Senior Bawl and it has become a large event. I mean, NFL Network covers practices every single day. There's media sessions every day too, So I know this is like your third or fourth too. Just tell us what your experience of the Senior Ball has been and how important it is to the process.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I mean, look this my third You're doing it second year with Fantasy pros covering the Senior Bowl, and it gets better every single year. Jim Naggy's blowing it out, man, like it is it is now, and I think it's going to continue to grow as a true tent pole event in the offseason, man, especially with the floodgates getting opened this year, where it's not just like the Moniker is. Yes, it's it's the mobile, it's the Reese's Senior Bowl, but now we can get juniors at the game as well. So it's just a matter of time, dude, where you're gonna get like a bunch of these guys that are gonna be top five picks, top ten picks in the NFL Draft are going to make their way to Mobile, and we're all gonna be oohing and eyeing over all of these guys and we should be, man, But it's a wonderful, wonderful spectacle. Mobile is a fantastic town and it's it's awesome every single year we go, whether you want to talk about boots on the ground, getting to watch these players at practice every single day, getting to mingle with coaches, scouts, agents. I mean sometimes you'll run into like players, family and stuff. I know a lot of people that you know, if you've been out there on social media, you've seen it, like Jerry Rice was down there supporting his son. Yeah, Terrell Owens was in the crowd down there for the seventy fifth celebration and stuff. Dude. So it's it's really become and I think we'll continue to build as a star studded event of the offseason. And the moniker is true. The draft starts a Mobile. It's real, man, Like, this is the kickoff to prospect season every single year. So people need to be tapped in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't understand what is going on with the Shrine Game being now the same week as the Senior Bowl because the Senior Bowl has the better players. It takes president, you know, I know people are excited about the Shrine Game too, and it's a FUNHNM gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna shade it, but well.
Speaker 2: You also, I mean I wouldn't sade the event, but I would shade the event being three days before the Senior Ball, like put it the week before or the week after, like whatever you got to do. But you know, make it not so close to the Senior Bowl because we're all paying attention to the Senior Bowl has the better prospects in it. And you see guys from the Shrine Game move to the Senior Bowl because players get hurt or opt out or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is. So yeah, just a great event.
Speaker 2: And I saw a clip of Thurman Thomas talking about how he won a car for winning Player of the Game when he was the Super Bowl or the Senior Bowl MVP. And now they give out like it's just a large Reese's peanut butter cup or something to the champion, less than a car. He's like, no, I drove my car home after I wanted at the Senior Ball, which was very interesting. So the event has changed a lot. But I gotta tell you guys before we get to our next Senior Bowl takeaway. Do you want a chance to win big with your Super Bowl picks? Let me tell you about a Super Bowl contest we have going on over at Betting Pros. To enter, first, download the Betting Pros app at Bettingpros dot com slash Apps. Next, join the Super Bowl fifty eight contest group with the app, or head over to bettingpro dot com slash Super. Just place a minimum of five NFL bets on the Super Bowl. It's that simple. If sports betting isn't legal in your state, don't worry. You can still participate in our contest using the quick pick feature from Game Picks to Player Props.
Speaker 1: Every pick counts.
Speaker 2: Join now, make your bets and you could win premium subscriptions to both Fantasy Pros and Betting Pros plus more. Again, join our Super Bowl contest on the Betting Pros app over at bettingpro dot com slash Super may the best picks? All right, Fitzy, kick us off on the Senior Bowl wrap Up and throw your first question out at Deebro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, deebro, let's talk about running backs. It's really interesting class. I don't think we've got any sort of consensus on who the top running back or even the top three or four running backs are going to be in this year's draft. There were some interesting ones down in Mobile, and I know you are fond of one in particular, So why don't you sing the praises of your guy, Marshaun Lloyd of USC.
Speaker 5: He's a true three down back man, and he proved that iMobile and I will keep singing his praises. And people are looking at early adp for dynasty rookie drafts. You're seeing him go anywhere between the back end of the second round somewhere in the third round. I'm telling you right now, if I have anything to say about it, that is going to rise. The closer we get to the NFL Draft, We're gonna put some more freaking respect on Marshaw Lloyd's name. He is a true three down running back. I'm not gonna mince words about it, man, because what he showed Immobile should put the stamp on that and people need to respect his game for a running back prospect. Guys, over the last two seasons at USC top twenty in yards of to contact per attempt, breakaway run rate also PFF elusive rating. So we know what this man brings to the table as far as on early downs, but what he proved immobile is that he is also a very good receiver out of the backfield. Two days of practice, he closed two days in a row with stand out reps in one on one and team drills. In the passing game, day two, this man ran a wheel route out of the backfield up the sideline at a beautiful basket catch over his shoulder and everybody, myself included for everybody in the stands go, oh baby, there we go. Let's go. And that's real about Marshawn Lloyd as a guy. That also, if you watch his film, he is a in pass protection, so I think that's an area where he continues to grow. He proved himself as a receiver. That man will be a top four round pick in the NFL draft. I have a third round grade on him right now.
Speaker 3: Well, just to so put a fine point on that, like, I don't think debro is guaranteeing that marsha On Lloyd is going to come out and instantly be a three down workhorse for some team. We don't know if that'll happen, but if you have a three down skill set, that gives you more opportunities to break in and get playing time as a rookie year because you could be an early down back, you could be a passing down back. It's going to get him onto the field faster. So it's nice to know that he has the versatility to be able to play on any down for whichever team is employing him in the fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marshall Lloyd, you know, big time prospect going to South Carolina and then faced a lot of eight to nine man boxes. They didn't have a lot of passing game there. He left, Spencer Ratler went in and they went more to a passing offense in South Carolina, and then he kind of got lost in the shuffle little bit over at USC. Everyone's talking about Caleb Williams and Brennan Rice is there and Aaron Jones is there, so there's a lot of there's a lot of talent at USC. He kind of got lost in the mix. I'm glad you brought him to the forefront here.
Speaker 1: De bro.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about the quarterbacks Bo Nicks and Michael Pennix. Because you and I just participated in the first mock draft for Fantasy pros. People can check that show out as well. But we didn't put either one of these guys in the first round. I had a chance to do it too. I picked for the Broncos. I could have taken him, I went with Jared Verse instead. These guys are both slipping down the board after their weekend at the super Bowl, and this event isn't really it's harsh for quarterbacks because you know, you build timing, you build a relationship with the receivers. So we didn't see a lot from Penix or bow Nicks down there. But we've seen plenty of quarterback prospects go down there and have a great week, and these guys didn't. Spencer Rattler did surprisingly, but tell us about Nix and Pennix.
Speaker 5: They're not it man, neither one of these guys, and both evaluating them before I went to Mobile, I didn't put them in the first round. Conversation, even before I went to Mobile. If you look at how both their games translate to the NFL. Bo Nicks operated it in an offense in Oregon where he was just has to be a point guard. Lots of screens, a lot of three step drops, get the ball out out of his hands real fast, a lot of first red predetermined stuff where it's literally hike it, snap shoof, shoof shoof, and literally everybody's doing everything for him after the catch. He was bottom ten and deep ball rate, and his deep ball is not great to say, like, he does have the armstring to make those throws, but bo Nix is not a first round prospect. He should have never been put in the first round conversation. And he didn't do anything to help himself a mobile. You saw he was up and down throughout practice, throughout the week, whether it was and this also bleeds over to Michael Pennox put both of these guys in the same bucket in the sense that they don't have the quickest triggers whenever they're not operating on those three step drops and it's literally predetermined first read, get the ball out fast, and let guys do stuff after the catch, when that's not the onus of the play and that's not the play design, and these guys are forced to sit back in the pocket and go through half field reads, full field reads, get the ball out of their hands. The triggers are slow, and projecting them to the NFL, they don't deserve that type of hype where they shouldn't even be in the first round conversation. I have Round three grades on both of these guys, and that might sound harsh, but it's just a reality man like. We have to marry what we've seen on the field also with the evaluations and the true parts about their skill sets and the concerns, because if you have slow triggers, you go to the NFL, the speed of the game speeds up depending on what team you land. On the offensive line. We talk about Pinnix, whether you want to mention his injury history or just the fact that he's not the most mobile guy in the pocket. Those problems with trigger get worse when the game speeds up, and rookies talk about it every single year, the college game to the pro game. It speeds up and you better buckle in and get ready. And I don't think either one of those guys are fully prepared for that type of change, So they didn't have good weeks of mobile. Whether you want to talk about trigger, you want to talk about running the offense, you want to talk about accuracy both in the pocket on the move, and they're the totality of their weeks. They did nothing to help themselves.
Speaker 1: And look, I.
Speaker 2: Think both these guys still have a shot at the first round, right, they can still impress at the combine and the fact that when you take a guy in a first round, you get that extra year. Teams want to do that with a quarterback so that he's cheaper for one more year, right, so you open up your window a little more. But I do think that it's less likely that Pennix or Knicks get picked in the middle of the first round, and it's more like someone trades into that back end and that's where they pick these guys up. Like Deebro said, third round grade. But there's so many teams that are desperate for a quarterback. I think the value of that position is going to be picked up a little bit.
Speaker 1: What he got next for us FITZI.
Speaker 3: Well, I think everyone knows that this is a really exciting wide receiver class. We didn't see any of the three headliners of this class in mobile. Marvin Harrison Junior, Malik Neighbors, Roma Dune say. The guys we know are going to be drafted in the top half of the first round, but there was still a lot of intriguing talent down in Mobile Debro. I know you're fond of Javon Baker from UCF, Please tell people about him.
Speaker 5: He's going to surprise people. And for a guy that I was extremely high, like my wide receiver one entering Mobile and leaving Mobile, and some people could say it's not deserved to keep him as the wide receiver one considering the weeks and we're going to talk about Roman Wilson Labuconki that they had. But I still think Javon Baker is a dude. He is an absolute dude. And looking at a guy that was, I mean like he was a highly touted prospect, goes to Alabama, doesn't get much playing time, goes to UCF, and in twenty twenty three, he ran eighthen yards per route run against all FBS wide receivers at least fifty targets, twenty fourth and receiving grade, and thirty fifth in yact perception, as well as saying that he was top twenty and contest to catch rate and say what you will about just that metric. But Javon Baker has the overall skill set to be a high volume wide receiver in the NFL, whether you want to talk about the ability to stretch the field. He did have some issues getting jammed up on boundary routes, go routes specifically immobile, but the other parts of his game were he specifically wins. In the high points of his game. He did also show out in the sense that he does he's a very good route runner. He has nuance to his routes, he can get open as far as short air agility underneath, and we saw that as well as Day three. What I wanted to see out of Javon Baker was that typical if you turn the tape on for Javon Baker, that typical Javon Baker high point, beautiful catch, and we saw that to open Day three and one on ones he ran it was either an outroute or a post into the end zone and skied over a corner and made a wonderful catch. And I'm like, you know what, that's Jabon Baker. That's the guy that I saw on film. I've got a third round grade on him right now. And people could say this this comp that I have, and it's it's already live on Fantasy pros. You go back and you look at my wide receiver primer for the Senior Bowl. I'm not moving off of it. There are a lot of comparables to his game and one Chris Godwin, Wow, I like it.
Speaker 2: And Baker another dude, big time you know, recruit at Bama, goes to UCF, makes a little bit of noise and explodes in the Senior Ball and puts himself on the map.
Speaker 1: This wide receiver class is deep. It's so deep.
Speaker 2: There's so many good ones. Lad mcconkee, I believe, came into the Senior Ball as the top wide receiver on the Senior ballboards to most people. But Roman Wilson was so good. He was dominant. He had amazing plays in practice, so much so that he left on Thursday. He said, I've done enough. I proved myself. I don't need to do anymore. I don't need to play in the game. I can just exit. So Roman Wilson, you know, impressed, and then left. Lad McConkey had a great showing as well. How high are these guys gonna go deepro Are these definitely second round picks? Are they third round picks definitely going on Day two, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean I think they're definitely. They've both sown themselves into Day two selection. Now we can all debate where that's gonna be. I'm sorry, but people are getting out over their skis. People are getting out over their skis. Putting Lad McConkie in the first round. I'm gonna I'm gonna throw that out there right now because I've seen that in a few mocks. I don't think that he's his game is justified to go in the first round. I just don't think that. Like for me, if you're gonna sell me on a first round pick in the NFL Draft, I need to see in my mind's eye the upside for that wide receiver, whether he comes out as a finished product or close to a finished product, and you can project him as a wide receiver one in an NFL offense. That's what gets you the first round. Great both of these guys, and I do not want to sit here and dismiss either one of their weeks. They both had fantastic freaking weeks. But if we're trying to again, I don't want to get too crazy off of three days of practice and throw evals watching six, seven, eight games on guys in the trash. Do we add what we see in mobile and practices and what I saw live to the evaluation. Yes, I'm gonna go back and tweak all my writeups before my wide receiver primers for rookies go live on the site. But both of these guys had great weeks. But Lad McConkey, I think he's gonna be a second round pick probably as long as he tests good. I think walking into the process, he's probably a third round pick in the NFL draft. Roman Wilson I think helped himself a ton going from probably a fourth round projected guy and me and Thor went back and forth on this. Yes, I will take the l He has four to three speed. I've seen all this stuff about the freak list and stuff like that, so the speed is real. But him winning the other parts of their game where you have a little bit of concern is we know their ability from the slot. Both them prove that in spades in college. But you put them on the perimeter, can they be fifty to fifty guys where you put them on outside inside they have that type of versatility to also play in twelve or twenty one personnel and not just eleven personnel. I think that Roman Wilson probably is just a slot only guy, probably a seventy eighty percent slot slot rate guy in the NFL because in some of the reps you saw him get jammed up on the off the line, or you saw him deal or have some issues with physical physicality and press coverage in the route from corners, whereas Lad, I think the upper body strength, I think the nuance at is route running. He acquits himself better on the outside and we saw that throughout the week. So I'm not shocking anybody telling you that Lad mcconkeye is a better prospect than Roman Wilson. But both of these guys really helped themselves as far as the draft stock for the NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting for Roman Wilson too, a guy that just didn't get a lot of usage at Michigan because they ran the ball so much, and then showing out when he got his opportunity. Before we move on here. By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager, but the question is, have you tried it? It's time to see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, so rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. Think it sounds complicated. It is not the best thing about Reality Sports online fantasy front offices that it doesn't take any more time than a standard leade.
Speaker 1: It just requires more strategy.
Speaker 2: Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal.
Speaker 1: Still not sure?
Speaker 2: You can test out your general manager skills for free frube in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use a promote Fantasy Pros to receiving ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receiving ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality sportsonline dot com.
Speaker 1: What do you got next for debro FITZI?
Speaker 3: Oh, one guy I've been dying to ask debro abot because this guy is so intriguing. Is Johnny Wilson of Florida State. So this guy is what six seven I believe, what does he go like two thirty seven or so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he weighed in at or he measured in at six six two thirty eight, I'm pretty sure through thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he is.
Speaker 3: I could see the league hosting sites like CBS and yeahoo having meetings to try to figure out whether he's going to get tight end eligibility or wide receiver eligibility or both, because like his role is going to be uh like, I don't know what do you what do you see him as in the NFL debro? I mean, obviously this guy is a physical sp men Isaiah.
Speaker 4: I'm being used.
Speaker 5: Oh he puts Isaiah likely to shame. Man, I'm telling you right now, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't like Isaiah. You were low on Isaiah likely.
Speaker 5: I was lower on Isaiah likely. But the other thing about it, Isaiah likely tested okay but not great. I'm telling you right now, Johnny Wilson's going to test out the damn gym as a guy that in high school. And let's talk about this for a second. In high school he ran a four five nine forty, So you put him in a collegiate strength program, and as well as we know he's going to train for these events, for the combine, he's going to blow the damn roof off of the gym because as a guy that's six foot six and two thirty two forty a person that size, a human that size, should not move with the fluidity that Johnny Wilson moves at man, so looking at him, all he has to do. He's going to test well and when that happens, he's going to garner really good draft capital in the NFL. And the thing for Johnny Wilson, man that I want to mention here is that, you know, we could talk about what he did in college and the abilities that he put on tape, because it's real, dude like for a guy that over Johnny Wilson's career, Like the twenty twenty three numbers were not spectacular, but if you look at twenty twenty two fourth in yards per route run amongst all FBS wide receivers with at least fifty targets, twenty fifth and PFF receiving grade. So he has put up the numbers from an analytical standpoint that we want to see. But what you see when you turn on the film and what we saw and the brief time of mobile, because I also had to mention here, Johnny Wilson was there all day day one of practice. Day two, he was in practice for the one on one drills to open practice, but then midday left was nowhere to be seen. He did not practice on day three, the best that I can surmise, and I haven't seen this reported, So look, if y'all seen this guy, is correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was an injury that kept him out of the afternoon for day two and for day three, and also again the boots on the ground aspect of being a mobile. We were standing out in the hallway was Thor, myself and Mike Mayer, a director of content. We were all out in the hallway uploading videos for a social team and all of the guys that were switching out like the first group for the entire media engagement part, where you basically everybody's in the convention room, you walk around, you're talking to everybody, and if you get the American team, you get the national team, and Johnny Wilson starts strolling down the hall and I'm like, oh, dude, I gotta talk to Johnny, I gotta talk to him. Our team's asking him to work at a tight end. What does that look like? Which, by the way, to throw that out there, I did not hear that buzz I was hoping to hear that buzz a mobile. I'm hoping that that happens or comes to fruition. Not to say that he cannot play true wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well absolutely.
Speaker 5: And the other thing about it is if you were to tell me he was going to have tight end eligibility, he would bump up his NFL draft stock immediately as well, because my comp for him based off a size, speed and his skills right now is Darren Waller. And I don't think that that is over the moon because if you watch Johnny Wilson, that type of fluidity, the physicality, the ability, and also we need to talk about the ability to stretch the defense. You put Johnny Wilson in the slot and he is going to stretch down the scene. Man. But getting back to day three or day two as far as the media stuff, he starts walking down the hallway and somebody stops him halfway. He does a one to eighty and turns the other way and keeps and starts walking away from the media engagement stuff, and I'm like, Okay, is he hurt? Did he not want to answer questions about all that because he wasn't present? And then he was in present as far as day two, the afternoon practice or the latter part of that, or day three's practice. So Johnny Wilson, I would have loved to have seen what he could have done throughout a full week of practice, because day one was a little bit rough for him. We also have to mention the drops are an issue and they're part of his evaluation as a prospect. Some of that you could say as concentration drops, but it has been a consistent theme. He did drop some balls on day one. They got him to run more perimeter routes. Day two is where you started the magic start to happen for Johnny Wilson. They put him against guys and ask him to run either out routes or crossers, and that's where you saw the ability of Johnny Wilson, the ability to take a corner, lean his shoulder in and then explode outside with that type of lateral agility on out routes or again drag routes and crossers. It's a he's gonna make his money, man like you get to put him as a big slot, put him as a move tight end. He is going to be a matchup nightmare in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Put him in Chicago with Caleb Williams. That's what I want to see.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a nice transition. How about, speaking of transitioning, how about let's go for I'm a big dude to a tiny dude. In terms of the NFL draft, Jacob Cowing, right, Jacob Cowing came in.
Speaker 1: I believe he's five to eight, won sixty five. Picked him an.
Speaker 2: Injury at the Senior Bowl too, But this guy was very, very productive in Arizona. We had some We had a little guy in tank Dell make some noise last year in the NFL draft and then in the season for our fantasy teams. Is Jacob Cowing in the tank Dell mold or is he in the too small for the NFL mold?
Speaker 5: He's in the two two at will mold. And I hate to say that because and just keep it in one hundred here I had Jacob Cowing and I had him ranked as my wide receiver two for entering Senior Bowl, and not amongst the entire class, but just the Senior Bowl. Amongst them, I had him as my wide receiver two. And again we're talking about adding other layers to the context of the evaluation what I wanted to see out of Jacob Cowing, and you brought it up, Bogs, like, as a guy who is listed at Arizona as five to eleven one seventy five, he comes in, he weighs in measures in at five eight one sixty five. So any questions about size and stuff and his ability to play the perimeter just got magnified ten times over. And so I will definitively tell you he is not Tank Dell. He is not that type of guy that can win on the perimeter. And I'm massively drop Cowing and and I hate it, man, Like I'm not trying to throw shade at the kid because he's talented. I think he does carve out a role as an NFL slot, but as that type of upside to say, Okay, could he be this year's Tank Dell. That's not it, man, because Cowing struggled mightily throughout the week. Whether you want to talk about corners having the ability to get their hands on him in routes, him not having the footwork and the necessary speed as a trump card to beat guys off the line, or the physicality in his routes where he can't get pushed off of routes. He's not having issues at the catch point because either whether it's footwork or route nuance, he's able to separate from guys. You didn't see enough of that from Cawing. And we're talking about one on one drills that are inherently designed to like they give a little bit of edge to the wide receiver. Like, let's just call it what it is. So you're having issues in this type of setting getting off the line and not getting bumped off your routes as well as getting bullied at the freaking catch point. Those issues are going to translate to the freaking NFL man. So Cowing's a guy who's a big follower. He entered the process, like I said, as my wide receiver too. I'm my senior Bowl wide receiver ranks. He exits the process as my fourth lowest wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he ends up a late Day three pick. And you think of him as a kick returner to start him and then if he gets more.
Speaker 5: And that's that's if the injury doesn't because we still don't know what the injury was. He was carted off on day three. Depending on what that injury is also going to affect his stock, Like is it significant enough where he can even test at the combine? We don't know.
Speaker 2: And the class is so deep you miss, yeah a little bit and you plummet right, So yep, but he was not the only follower.
Speaker 1: You got a question about another follow there, FITZI yeah.
Speaker 3: Deep, bro, there was a wide receiver from North Carolina I fell pretty hard for in the fall when I was watching him make some big plays for Drake May Devon tes Walker, known by many as just tes Walker. Not a great week for him? Correct, I mean, what's your what's your takeaway? Was it just kind of a write off? Can he be a big play guy at the NFL level? Because he's he's big, he's fast, he certainly looks the part of an NFL wide receiver.
Speaker 4: But what are your issues with him?
Speaker 5: So it was a tough week for tes Walker as well as you want to talk about the ability like to be their immobile and to peel your eyes, like on these guys physically and the things that you walk away just by seeing them in person. And tes Walker is very skinny. And I'm not telling you like he's a scarecrow or anything like that, but he's very He's not as built as I thought he was going to be. Not to say he's not muscular in his own right, but he wasn't as thick as I was hoping to be. And what I project him right now going into the NFL, like, I think tes Walker is a situational deep threat. I think that's all he is. And he had a tough week Donomobile, whether it was gaining separation on short area routes, whether it was dealing with drops or concentration drops, or even fit physical attributes from the corners at the catch point. You saw all of these things rear their ugly head for tes Walker, and you want to marry this. Also, his analytical profile is not clean boys. Like in twenty twenty three, we're talking about a wide receiver that was seventy first in yards per route run, one hundred and seventy seven the PFF receiving grade, and two hundred and seventy first in yak per reception. So a lot of these warts already show up in his analytical profile. But you're also talking you married that with a tough week for tes Walker. He's really going to have to test well and interview well to really kind of save his NFL draft stock because of Mobile.
Speaker 2: It was a tough scene, yeah, And I think there's a little bit of a built in excuse for him in the fact that the NCAA just would not let him play for a big chunk of the year, right, But you know, the drops are fixable. That is a lot of concentration. But he also had them in the game. It wasn't just in practice. Yep, he had him in the game too. And you know, I didn't know the stuff about his body type and being a little bit more slender than you would want for a guy at his size. So glad we brought him up and brought that to light because there is a lot of talent here. But there's a lot of questions too. Are these drops part of nervousness? Is he gonna bulk up? And if he does, is that gonna slow him down? So there's a lot of questions about Tess Walker. There's a lot of talent there, though.
Speaker 3: Dee bro, let me ask you, what do you think Tesz is gonna run at the combine?
Speaker 4: He's like six ' two. You think he can do something close to four.
Speaker 5: To four if he trains. The problem is, I don't think he has a lot of weight to be able to cut to try to like if he's not already a four to four guy, can he if he's like because some of these guys can you say, okay, can they cut five to ten pounds and get from you know, shave off just a little bit to get from four to five to four four four, four to four three. I think Tess is probably gonna come in somewhere in the low four to five range.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting too is I read an article about the tracking info that they have the Senior Bowl in the Shrine Game and stuff yep, And there are analytical teams that are scrapping forty yard times and they're just going with those tracking speeds of range.
Speaker 5: Zebra technology down there. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rams have been doing that and that has got them. Jordan Fuller in the sixth and Cooper Cup as a late pick because he ran about as high as well a debro favorite down there. So yeah, very interesting stuff there. I'm so you put this note on here for us, Debro that Luke McCaffrey will be a starting slot wide receiver in the NFL, and I'm so glad, lad that you put this here. And this is just another thing of being there is better because every note that I read about Luke McCaffrey was negative. Everything it was that he can't separate, can't get off of the raw. I'm telling you this, these are the things that I read about Luke McCaffrey. I didn't see one positive thing. So talk up your boy. Let's hear him.
Speaker 5: Man. That's all I gotta say is I'm gonna throw the quote up from the Great RAYGQ. Be mindful of the content that you consume, because if anybody's telling you lut McCaffrey had a terrible week, we were watching different practices. Dude, Luke McCaffrey is exactly who he is and what he did is he showed the proof of concept with his game as it currently is, and that is as a starting NFL slot wide receiver. If you asked Luke McCaffrey to play the outside and to stretch the field, you are poorly miscasting where he is as a skill player, as a wide receiver right now, at this iteration of his game. Now, ask Luke McCaffrey to be in the slot. You ask him to go win in the short and intermediate areas. You ask him to play physical through the catch. And I'm not telling you he's going to walk into the NFL and be a yak maven. No, that's not the case. But kim Luke McCaffrey, you put him in the slot in the NFL, can he get open versus zone coverage? And for everybody out there, as much as everybody wants to sit on their man coverage pedestals and crap like that, you need to understand that the NFL is a massive zone coverage hub. Right now. Every single freaking team runs zone on over fifty percent of the defensive snaps at least, and that's a low point. Almost every team is really in the sixty to seventy percent range is how much zone they're using in the NFL. So if we want to bump guys down for man coverage or the ability to beat that or play outside and all this other kind of crap, we need context about skill sets and how guys win and what they're actually going to be asked in the NFL. And nine times out of ten right now, that is beating zone coverage. And Luke McCaffrey can do that. So I want to give the guy his flowers as a guy who transitioned from quarterback to wide receiver in college, had two solid years at Rice. I'm not telling you that his analytical profile is amazing or standout, but we also do need to give this man some respect. For twenty twenty three, he was twenty six and PFF receiving grade and you see him religiously inmobile get open on those crossers, on curl routes, on things where he is asked to beat coverage versus Z one off coverage underneath. You asked McCaffrey to do that, and he's sure as hell can do that.
Speaker 2: Now, what type of level of slot wide receiver are we talking about with him? Because are we talking like, do you think he's like Josh Downs? Is he more like a Trey Tucker? I mean, what kind of slot is Luke McCaffrey do you think?
Speaker 5: I so my comp and I'm not going to just go with the low hanging fruit of okay former quarterbacks. But I think, and I'm not talking about the iteration that we have right now in the year twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four and what we've just seen out of his.
Speaker 1: Games, this is going to be a big name.
Speaker 5: The way that Jacoby Myers entered the NFL and that type of skill set and what you ask him to do at the very beginning of his career. And yes, Jacoby Myers got better as far as playing the outside and versus press and versus man as he was an NFL wide receiver. Yes, but when Jacoby Myers entered the NFL, you didn't see all of those parts and pieces as well refined to his game as it is now. That is my comp for Luke McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: Excellent. What do you got next for us? FITZI let me ask.
Speaker 3: You, Deebro, about a guy, a wide receiver prospect I think might be pretty polarizing among dynasty managers.
Speaker 4: Xavier Leggatt.
Speaker 3: So he is like this king sized and Kwan Bold type six three two twenty seven dude, really big twenty twenty three season at South Carolina, but kind of a one year wonder and he's he's kind of an older prospect too. I think some people would say like an over aged prospect. So yeah, because that was like his fifth year right in the program. So like, what was your take on him? What did you see from Xavier Leggett in mobile?
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna I'll start off with this as far as context for Xavier Lagets like week, if you look at his week, I think it was very up and down. But I think part of this is he wasn't fully healthy at any point iMobile, and some of this is projecting. I don't have any kind of sources or news that I'm trying to give to people. I'm just telling you I was there immobile and what I saw at him, and here's the context on it. One, he did leave day three of practice with an injury. He started out the morning, left, came back, just watched practice from the sidelines. But the first thing that I noticed out of leget when we were down a mobile was day one. We had wide receivers doing the gauntlet drill, we had them doing agility drills. Each one of these guys was going one hundred and ten percent through all of this, you know, trying to show out to coaches like, look at my bursts, look at my footwork, look at my speed. Baby, Laget's going through that drill at fifty percent. And it wasn't like, oh he's big and he's slow. It was he's.
Speaker 1: Losing gingers, banged up coming in.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was not one hundred percent healthy coming in is my thought with it. As well as if you look at the entire week, he wore compression sleeve over his left lower leg, so I don't know if it was a calf. I saw some of the rumblings came out that the injury was an ankle. Come on, man, we don't freaking know. The only people that really know what the injury was was Lagette himself and the coaches and the staff of on for the senior Bold squads that were there. The rest of us are just out here just trying to figure out what the hell happened. But with leget his game, it was a jeckle on high kind of weak for him, and I think part of that. I think the injury played into that because in day one of practice, he looked like the ten man out there, like, he looked slow, he looked clunky getting in and out of his breaks. He didn't look like the guy, even the guy. And I'll own this. I'm not as high. I only get as other people as far as him as a prospect, but I will give him respect in saying that there are parts of pieces to like out of his game. He is a guy that can produce after the catch, and for day one we didn't see any of that. He was struggling just to separate versus corners. Now in building all of this up day two, he looked like a totally different guy. He was winning in one on ones. You saw better, whether it was better gear down on short area routes or better separation, better as far as upper body strength through his routes, I mean just the totality of his game. He looked like a different person. And some of that is okay. Did you know was it a cat was another soft tissue injury? And did that affect him on day one? Where he's like, I can't push it the way that I usually do, But he's still going to go out there and try to help his stock any way that he can. Because here's the thing. NFL teams on the back end, if he was struggling with an injury, they know that they're not going to bury the kid because he went out there and tried to cut through it and then ended up getting hurt. That we can practice. So Leagett is a guy that he's got skills. I think he's an intriguing prospect, but some of the up and down to his game that I saw on film, as well as marrying that with other parts of his analytical profile like he brought up FITZI, he's a guy that is not going to have an early breakout age his dominating. We'll see what it comes in at and things like that, where he's an older prospect, so already if he does hit, he's going to be a little bit more of an outlier. I'm more lower on Legette. And this isn't so much from his weekend Mobile, just from what I saw on the film and my evaluation before I got to Mobile, and he didn't do a ton to really move me off of that.
Speaker 2: Uh, the last question that I have here and then you know, I'll throw it out to fits if he's got any other players he wants to ask you about. I may have a couple in bonus time here, but Ricky pearsall, I mean, what an outstanding college career this guy had at Arizona State. He was, you know, Jane Daniels number one target. It goes to Florida, suffers through some bad QB play, but it really made for a great highlight reel for him, some of those catches that were out of his zone, showing his catch radius and how high he can go up. I mean, he had the maybe the highlight of the year with that one hander in triple coverage that he comes down with. I mean, just an outstanding prospect from Florida. Probably gonna be a top of the second round type of wide receiver after his performance here at the Senior.
Speaker 5: Bowl, right, I think you can make a case for pearsall anywhere from the second or third round of the NFL Draft. I have more of a round three grade on him. But if if any one of these guys and toss them all in a bucket, of these round three guys that I'm talking about, sure, if you were to tell me that one team loves one of these guys, and there this year's Jayden Reid as a guy that goes in the second round, and maybe none of us were forecasting, you know, going in the second round. Could that happen, I wouldn't be surprised, man, because teams are going to sit here and take shots on wide receivers they like, whether it's skill set, whether it's scheme fit, whether it's the entire total package. And Piersall had a fantastic weak man. I mean, like you cannot take anything away from that man, like whether it was route running, whether it was you talked about Bogs, like his abilities at the catch point. I mean, his his film, his highlight film. If you just turned on just the highlights for Pearsol, it's ludicrous type of stuff, like where you're.
Speaker 2: He's a first round pick for sure.
Speaker 5: Yes, but then we also need to marry that with the evaluation of Piersall in a player that won our own. Thorne Einstrom got a chance to talk to him and interview him. If i'll haven't watched the Senior Bowl recab video live on YouTube, please go check that out. We have all the player interviews in there. He talked about his highlight reel catches. He talked about it also that NFL teams are looking at him as a slot option. And I'm not saying that in any way to discredit Piersol, but I think he's going to be a very serviceable and solid wide receiver in the NFL. I just question what his ceiling is based off of what I think are good but not special raw athletic traits. Because again, we also need to go back to and I think it's very important with this week of practice and all the hype that we see these guys get immobile, that you also have to go back to the EVL. You can't just get out over your skis and say, oh, well, everybody at senior ball is going in the top two rounds in the NFL draft now. And I've seen that in some mocks I have. I've seen that in some moms, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, you're the most popular right now exactly.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, come on, man, let's be real about this. Because still Ricky Pierson well as good of a week as he had amobile, and he did have a really damn good week. I'm not taking that away from him. You look at his profile though last year of Florida eighty six then yards per route run, fifty third in PFF receiving grade one hundred and thirty, first in YAK per reception. Those things also need to get brought up if you look at his profile and you're trying to marry the profile versus mobile versus the film and saying what is his median range of outcomes in the NFL? What is his ceiling range of outcomes in the NFL. I think that he's going to settle in as a wide receiver three or four on an NFL depth chart. I think he's going to be an extremely solid, solid guy for an NFL quarterback. He's going to be very quarterback friendly, big catch radius. But as far as big plays, the ability to win downfield, the ability to produce a ton of yak, those are the parts of his game where I think are going to limit him a little bit as far as the ceiling in the NFL.
Speaker 2: All right, FITZI any other prospects from the senior ball that you want to lobby Rewheeling question at debro about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just two guys, Dee Brow And these can be short answers if you wish.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: I really felt hard for Ray Davis at Kentucky. Just like a really resourceful running back, a guy who can juke someone if he needs to, or run over defender if he needs to, can catch passes. I want to get your take on him, and I'm curious where you think Spencer Rattler might go in the draft.
Speaker 5: So first on Ray Davis. You want to talk about a prospect that helped himself a ton immobile. We have to we have to mention Ray Davis. He had a beautiful one handed catch. I think it was day two of practice where again everybody in the stands was like, all right, everyone.
Speaker 3: In the everyone in the stands posted in it on Twitter because I think I saw about twelve different accounts post that.
Speaker 5: I mean, give that man kudos. Dude, like he had a really good week and Mobile and for an older prospect, a guy that's really kicked it around. I didn't get a chance to to talk to Ray Davis, and I wanted to. He was one of the guys that were on my short list of I wanted to ask him certain pointed questions in Mobile, specifically about and I went back and walking into Mobile, I watched Ray Davis games in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty film and then when you turn on the twenty twenty three tape versus Kentucky, what I really wanted to talk to Ray Davis about was. He looked like a guy. And I'm not saying that he was not a gym rat to begin his collegiate career. But if you turn on the tape of Ray Davis twenty nineteen and then you turn on a game from twenty twenty three, it looks like you're watching a different running back. The type of second level burst, the type of shiftiness he has in the open field in twenty twenty three really opened my eyes as far as his overall evaluation, and I mean the proof is in the pudding as far as his his numbers last year twenty seventh, yards out of contact per attempt, thirty fourth and breakaway run rate, and I think you add all of that on top of what he did in mobile. I won't be surprised if Ray Davis here's his name, called in the round in round four of the NFL Draft. Probably more of a round five guy, but if if a team loves him, I won't be shocked if he goes in round four.
Speaker 1: What about Rattler.
Speaker 5: Rattler I think is gonna settle in to round three of the NFL Draft. Maybe a team just is over the moon and he goes round two. But I think the the median and the realistic projection for Rattler is entering mobile. He was probably a guy that was like round four. He probably he probably goes round three now and a team takes a chance on him. And a lot of the things about Rattler's game. We've all watched the tape, we all know the career trajectory, we all know you know the clips that weren't great about him as a high school kid and being cocky. Rattler looks like a guy who has really taking it, taken in what life has given him and reached another level as far as being a professional and what we're talking about, a mature approach to everything. He was amazing in interviews and the time he gave to media throughout the entire week and changing that type of narrative about him going all the way back to high school, because let's be real, it's like a seventeen eighteen year.
Speaker 2: Old who would school exactly when you're exactly all of us would have looked like.
Speaker 5: Somebody would if you'd interview interviewed me when I was seventeen or eighteen, I probably would have said some stupid stuff too, or would a sit here and pably carried myself for people to say that I'm immature, he's a teenager. Don't bury this guy for things he did as a teenager. So if we're talking about Rattler now as a prospect and as a person, he was amazing in interviews and he helped himself at Senior Bowl in the sense of you saw the arm, talent and spurts. He had a rough day one where he took some shots downfield, threw a bad pick, and then he went into checkdown mode. But in saying that, he bounced back in a really big way on Day two and day three, put some good throws on tape, really interviewed well. Teams are also going to go back to the footage of early career and early collegiate career Rattler and say, Okay, who is he now and what could he be? So I think he is gonna be if a team is looking for the lottery ticket kind of guy in the round three and saying, if we put skilled players around you, we have a good offensive line, we put you in a good system where you can we can reel in some of this yolo mentality, some of this aggression that's misplaced for you at times, like from a play to play perspective, if we can reel that in and try to get the very best out of you. That's where a team can say, Okay, Spencer, you come in as a developmental guy or maybe our QB two from the hop what could you be? Could you be as starting NFL quarterback? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd love to see him go somewhere like Seattle or Tampa where they've got a good bridge quarterback in place and they don't need him to start or play it all in twenty twenty four. But maybe there's a path for him to become a starter two or three years down the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I love that call.
Speaker 1: Denver.
Speaker 2: I think is a good spot for him too. Maybe not in terms of development because he might be thrust into a role pretty quickly as Fits mentioned, but I think.
Speaker 5: If you put him with the Rams, if you put him with the Rams and let him sit behind Matthew Stafford for two years, Like basically you take the stetson Bennett cor Larry and you say, but now we're gonna get a better version of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The the opposite of sets in Bennett too, like showed up to senior ball, played great won the MVP all that stuff.
Speaker 1: All he really had to do was get out of oaklha.
Speaker 5: No, no off the field kind of mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what all he had to do is get out of Oklahoma. I have just just a couple more to ask you about and just do quick ones here. Malachai Corley, Brennan Rice. Two guys coming in that I really really like. And Brennan Rice is not his dad, but he is super underrated. He's very physical. Kind of gives me an Kwambolden vibes. And then your thoughts on Malchai Corley as well.
Speaker 5: I think Rice is going to settle in as a dependable perimeter wide receiver four in the NFL, maybe wide receiver three in an NFL offense. Like, I don't think the ceilings is particularly high for Brendan Rice.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 5: He's a solid player all round. But the things about his game is that size works well depending on who he's matched up with. If you put him at the corner that can be physical and can run with him, then he could have problems both in his routes and at the catch point. Now, where he won Immobile was with that upper body strength and his play strength. Overall, you saw him throw guys off of him, or whether it was that late separation, that late little nudge that we all know that wide receivers can get away with in the NFL. That is how he wins at the catchpoint and in his routes, and you know, to his credit, but does that always translate to a high end wide receiver or does that type of game always translate to the NFL and that ability to win in that manner, That's my question about Brendan Rice. So I think he'll be a good pro. I don't think he's gonna be otherworldly. And as far as Malachi Corley like, I think he is who he is, as far as being a manufactured touch guy, He's gonna play the slot in the NFL Western Kentucky just tried to get the ball in his hands. The way that I'll look at Malachi Corley is I look at him as a poor man's Rondell Moore. I don't think that he's fully as explosive or as athletic as Rondell Moore. I think he was used in You could say that was that that's a harsh comp for him, and I understand that, but we'll not used.
Speaker 2: But going into the NFL because Ronald Moore has been nothing in the NFL.
Speaker 5: No Rondeo Moore hasn't done anything. But you look at that type of player and people want to also throw which I've heard Deebo Samuel and Malachi Corley's name used in the same sentence, and I'm here to tell you that is dismissive to Deebo Samuel, who he is as a wide receiver, who he is as a route runner, and his ability to both play the slot and perimeter in his own game. Malachi Corley is not Deebo Samuel. I'm sorry, people, but can he be good in the NFL for whatever he's asked to do? As far as being that type of manufacturer touch guy, being the guy that can play the slot can give you some yak and stuff. The question that I have about Corley is what is his ceiling at the NFL. And some of this comes down to the level of play at Western Kentucky and you breaking tackles against a guy at that level of competition versus you having the suddenness in your routes and the physicalness after the catch to break tackles versus NFL caliber Power five caliber type of guys. That's my worry about Malachi Corley and considering especially with the role that he's going to be asked to play.
Speaker 3: In your fairness, he did have a good game against Ohio State last fall, girl, but that's fair. I think he could maybe be like a sneaky kind of Rishi Rice type. But we've got all spring to argue about this.
Speaker 4: I call for him was.
Speaker 5: Parker Washington, so I'm kind of shading in the middle a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Parker Washington just a guy that didn't get a lot of opportunity in Jacksonville. When he did, he took advantage of it. So we will see. But Deebro, thank you for the time and all the great answers. Of course, remember to follow him at Deebro Underscore, ff at fits Underscore, f f for FITZI and apt Bogman Sports for myself and we will see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros at subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros