Speaker 1: Sound this is my level?
Speaker 2: Is it your level?
Speaker 1: This is why I'm looking at them at the dial and the red is peaking at the right spot, So sound this will be my level for today's podcast.
Speaker 2: Is this really gonna be your level? Or are you just saying this to mock me.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I'm getting my levels right. Let me let me make sure that the sound pad is at the right level.
Speaker 2: Woo tank forever, wu tang forever. It is, it says, it's always, it's infinite.
Speaker 1: I think you've grown to like the sound pad, haven't you.
Speaker 2: No, fuck your sound machine.
Speaker 1: Your sound effects machine. By the way, Donald, I've never been a guy who did legs at the gym, and I've always been the guy who skipped legg day. I'm walking around with sorera quads all the time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Don't you like it?
Speaker 3: But I like it.
Speaker 1: I feel proud of myself.
Speaker 2: It feels good.
Speaker 1: But you know that point where you like, come on from the gym, or you went on a giant hike and then you walking up your stairs at home and you're like, wow, look, but you're like kind of smiling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you like it.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel. That's that good feeling. Yeah, I'm proud, but it should be as you should be good for you are I'm well, how are you?
Speaker 2: Man? This gloomy today? Man?
Speaker 1: And it is like La gets a little crazy when the sun's not out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, people get sad and ship look outside. Yeah, it's like a it's like a Josh Rayden song outside right now.
Speaker 1: He's living in my guest house right now. I should have him come over and sing winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember the.
Speaker 1: Sound off You're November Downtown, down down, it's great. And you know, a lot of people live where it's gray, and we grew up where it gets gray in the Winner, but we did a lot of people gravitate towards sunny places because they feel better in their mental health where the sun is out. And I'm one of those people. So when it does get gray, it's a little bit like what the hell's this?
Speaker 2: It turned into like a melancholic emotional song.
Speaker 1: I just want to get under a weighted blanket and light a candle.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is some shad day, have some.
Speaker 1: Soup, cherish the day.
Speaker 2: Well, catch me.
Speaker 1: Run And by the way, there's a new doc on Netflix. I know you don't watch things that aren't Star Wars. But it's about the making of We Are the World, and I think you'll really like it.
Speaker 2: You hadden me up until you said we are the World. It's about the making of I thought you were going to say Star Wars, but then you said we are the World.
Speaker 1: It has it's all interviewed like Lionel Richie is like the main interview. I didn't know that he wrote it with Michael Jackson. I always thought.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson Quincy Jones, Rincy.
Speaker 1: Jones did the orchestrations and the production, but it was written the song was written by and Michael. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And Lionel does. There's lots of interviews, but Lionel is the main interview, and he kind of tells you, walks you through the whole story, how they did it overnight after the American Music Awards, you know all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, does he talk about does he talk about how mad Michael Jackson was getting at somebody.
Speaker 3: And they cut around that.
Speaker 1: They cut around that because I know there's these really funny gifts and memes of Michael Jackson giving people the side when they're singing his song.
Speaker 2: And they're fucking it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's really amazing, man, I really audience watched this. It's a new doc on Netflix. Joel, will you get the title? I forgot what it's called, but it's it's really worth your time and it's pretty amazing story about how they did this and in one night made the song.
Speaker 2: My favorite part about that whole thing is when Michael Jackson is like, I got an idea for the hook, so we gonna go we aut of World, Sharla, we art at you Trent Sharing, and everybody's like, nah, nigga, that's in there, but I know it's sitting there. But that you know.
Speaker 1: What happened was when you watch the doc Okay, Stevie Wonder decided there should be I believe this is. It was Swahili in the song because it was about raising money for food in Africa, and they started, he started, they started try and figure out some Swahili lyrics and a lot of the artists were like, I'm not gonna be able to sing in Swahili. And the problem was that it's called the Greatest night in pop thank you. And then but the problem was everyone's like, oh no, you see Quincy Jones freaking out and Lon Richie, who was kind of like loner. Richie's job on the night of was to like keep all the stars happy and like making jokes and like and when people start bugging out because they're not gonna be able to sing Swahili, and everyone respected Stevie so much. No one was gonna, like, you know, say no to Stevie. But everyone's like, we gotta get Stevie off this Swahili thing because people are bugging out. And so then Michael Jackson will like, how about if it's just something that's not necessarily Swahili, but it's something that everyone can sing, that that that's that's that, and he came up with that. First of all, one of the most amazing things is Michael Jackson's voice is so incredible, and when everyone else is singing, you're obviously my experience in watching The Doctor is when everyone else is singing, you're like, wow, everyone has said a unique thing. Whether you're Huey Lewis or Cyndey Lauer or Bob Dylan or Springsteen, everyone has their unique sound. They're all amazing. But then you hear Michael Jackson singing, You're like, wow, I kind of want to just hear him sing the whole thing. His voice is so incredible.
Speaker 2: He could sing his butt off. Man. When you listen to it now now you appreciate it now that he's gone, But you listen to him now, it's like, Wow, Man in the Mirror, And there's that moment in Man in the Mira where it's like, I gotta make that change today, and he is so in the pocket for that, you know, minute and a half of you know, him calling and freaking the chorus calling back to him and everything. Make that change. Man.
Speaker 1: The man who Richie said he didn't do any instruments, which I guess I knew in the back of my mind, but not in the forefront. And so he said he would have all these cassette tapes of just him humming, singing, going like and like and doing all of the basically parts, but just vocalizing it, and then musicians would then take that and write the music. Isn't that crowd?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's fucking There's a doc that's out right now on Michael Jackson as well that where it's like, you know, it's there's a bunch of them out. We just got into it recently because the kids somehow found it. Smooth criminal, man, that that's all it takes, is smooth criminal, and then you're hooked. And so now the kids are freaking although this is hilarious. Okay, So because Mike's face changed so much as he got older and stuff like that, wild is like having nightmares about the motherfucking out right, She said, yeah, like straight up nightmares, like straight up like Michael Jackson's in my closet and me and Casey will laughing our asses off, like because.
Speaker 1: That was because of his plastic surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, man, and also Thriller and his face changed and all that ship. But all I can think of is Michael Jackson in the closet with the side face look it up through shadow and while the running out of her room like it scares her, dude, it really really does.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe don't shore it Thriller.
Speaker 2: She's seen it all now because she wants to listen to it. She just girl walks around her and Rocco, you can hit bats. You've been struck bots a smooth women dancing doing video game. They're not draggers either, By the way, your.
Speaker 1: Kids, there was a video game, right I play. I feel like I played that mic I had.
Speaker 2: That Yeah on Sega Genesis.
Speaker 1: Wait Wilder can moonwalk?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, she's not a dragger either.
Speaker 1: So audience, Donald is very good at moonwalking and I'm I'm a bee and he makes fun of me for not doing it as smoothly as he does it. That's all I'll say for now, Shna. We are to children charlinga watch that I just wish I could force you to watch it sometimes. Well, audience, you'll you'll watch it please because it's very entertaining and it's just a great story. It's a great story how they pulled it all together, and such a cool story about how long Richie and Michael Jackson just wrote this song together. They had never written together. And some of the funniest parts of the documentary are Lownrichie talking about hanging out in Michael's house and being like, what is going on in the kitchen? Who's screaming at each other? And Michael's like, Oh, that's that's my bird and my dog. They always argue. And then he's like, hold bubbles and He's like, I don't want to hold bubbles and uh, and then he says, like Richie said, they're hanging out in this room and he hears like and he's like, what the fuck is that? Lionel tells it's so funny. And he turns to his right and there's a giant fucking bowel constructor sneak and Michael's.
Speaker 5: Like, there he is. We've been looking for him. He's fucking zoo in his house.
Speaker 1: There he is, lying. Oh, and he he called Lionel. Lionel. I think we got here, Lie, Richie told the story. He's well, Richie, yeah, he always called me Lionel to be like, Lionel, don't be afraid of the snake. Just holding Come on, Lionel, that's like freaking uh.
Speaker 2: Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy in trading places. Lionel.
Speaker 1: Dan Akroyd's in the Weird of the World, as you recall, Yes, he is, Oh my god. And Cindy, Cindy lauper Man. She she really she was a belter. She could really sing like she does. She was great too.
Speaker 2: Lionel Joseph, Lionel Joseph's.
Speaker 1: What does he say? Oh that's dan Aykroyd on the train.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, anyway, should we get on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh, do we have to start this talk about well, we're just so close to that.
Speaker 1: You know how many we all loved you? Well in season eight, there's two left. Oh my god, Donald, there's two left. Charlie shallinga Cha le Inge Schalingay.
Speaker 2: I think that's what he said, Charlinge shal Inge.
Speaker 1: We've been looking for him, Lionel, Lionel hold him like he's got a bull constructor just lost in his house, Like there he is.
Speaker 2: When you listen to listen. So we've been listening. Like I said, we've been listening to Mike a lot lately, and like I'm sorry to the Jackson's y'all was carried straight up, like straight up that brother carried y'all because.
Speaker 1: Well, weren't they very good musicians?
Speaker 2: All I know is they sing and then Mike sings, and you like, I just want to hear Mike sing.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, that's what That's why I'm watching We Are the World, and I'm like, no disrespect. These are some of the greatest voices in pop. But when they cut to Michael Jackson's before while they're at the AMAS, I think that's what it's called American Music Awards. Yeah, Michael Jackson wasn't there. He was in the studio just laying down tracks of the whole thing because because he didn't he wasn't planning on the AMAS. Oh, it was the whole thing about how Prince won't show up. And they have Sheila e there because they're trying to lure Prince to come, and she gets all pissed. She's like, they said they were gonna give me a verse, but I think it was bullshit because they were just trying to get lure Prince here and Prince was like, I'll come, but I'm only gonna play guitar, and they were like, we don't need guitar, and so Prince didn't show up. But anyway, I'm telling you, this thing's amazing. But anyway, Mike, my point is Michael's there laying down tracks while they're all at the AMAS in the empty studio. You and I have been at this studio, by the way, it's now the on the hen Jim Henson lot, and his voice is just incredible, and they have interviews with like the camera people, like you know, these guys were everyone's volunteering. It was for charity, and this cameraman's like I just couldn't believe it. I was alone in the studio just filming Michael Jackson alone singing all of we Are the World. It was so insane.
Speaker 2: Anyway, And it's his part that they use when you're dada out.
Speaker 1: And it seems no hope at all. Oh, and then it's Huey Lewis.
Speaker 2: But if you just believe, and this is when the sad eye comes in.
Speaker 1: No, no, he he likes Hue.
Speaker 2: This is where the sad act gets. That whole threesome gets the side after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you'll see in the dock that he's into it at the end. And then when when Cindy Laufer did that like riff and then let's realize who's that that's.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm talking about a yea, yeah, yeah, she riffed that.
Speaker 1: And then they all see they were all like and she was like, is that good? And they all they were all super yea. They all liked it. Mike may have given sideye at the beginning, but he ended up liking it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The Prince spot that Sheli e was like a placeholder and then she left because she was upset. That went to that's the one that went to Huey Lewis I think no, No, Kenny Longins, I don't remember anyway, it's a great talk watch it.
Speaker 2: All I know is he Prince and Mike should have been the headliners of that ship.
Speaker 1: And Prince trying to do it. They had like they had a competition.
Speaker 2: They got that competition ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they were like they were begging Prince to come up to come and he said he would only come play guitar, and they were like, dude, we don't need a guitar on the song. We need to say.
Speaker 2: That would have worked for me too, if they would have collapsed that way also, man, but now they both did, and that shit can't ever happen. Man in heaven. Maybe AI can do it, Dear Ai, can you make a Prince Michael Jackson song? I'm sure you could ask Joe Well's like, no, don't do that as well.
Speaker 1: All right, Donald count of sid.
Speaker 6: Stories show, we made about a bunch of said, he's the Stories Natural.
Speaker 2: So YadA YadA, sweet.
Speaker 1: All right, very funny episode We're Back from the Bahamas, directed by legendary TV director. Oh there's Daniel. Hello. Sorry there was some scheduling misunderstanding Dan, but We're glad you're here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy to happy to be here. I took my first city bike adventure to get back here on time.
Speaker 1: Well, how did your city bike go bad?
Speaker 3: It has flat tires?
Speaker 1: Oh, you gotta check. You're a New New Yorker and it's a very very rookie mistake to check your city bike tires. Most certainly you won't do that again.
Speaker 3: Surely I will not.
Speaker 1: Now, Dane, I suggest you get a helmet because I have one. Oh good, Because I think even people that ride city bikes who don't own a helmet and they ride around, I'm always worried for their dome.
Speaker 3: I know. I never ride a bike, any kind of bike without a helmet, and mine was just at home in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty crazy the bicycling situation because the delivery guys are now all on electric bikes and it's the wild wild West because they don't care, they don't know. The police don't have the bandwidth to ticket anyone, so everyone's going every which way and it's really fucking dangerous. I ride my bike on Manhattan, but I tried to always rock my helmet because I think like there's some crazy figure like one pedestrian dies a day.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Do well look that up. I think like maybe it maybe it works out in the Five Boroughs to like three hundred and sixty five pedestrian deaths a year. So that's why they say there's one pedestrian death of day in the Five Boroughs. I'm not sure, but I remember reading that and that's when I started rocking my helmet.
Speaker 2: You know what sucks, there's been one of those deaths. Yeah, well, if you can usually somebody hitting to you, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: If you're getting out of a cab or an uber in Manhattan. This is a public service announcement. You have to look at the bike lane. People. These delivery guys are going forty miles an hour or whatever. It is so fast, and that's how people must die, because you get just fucking mowed down by someone on an electric bike.
Speaker 3: It's bad.
Speaker 1: So Daniel, rock your helmet.
Speaker 3: Oh, I trust me. I will. It's even a high viz helmet. It's one of them like highlighter yellow ones too. I go high viz, Joelle just wrote me in the chat. Twenty twenty three is now the second deadliest year for bike riders in New York City's recorded history audience. You're listening, I'm giving you a more you know, public service announcement. If you go to New York City or you live in New York City, a be very careful getting out of your ubers and cabs and always look to see if a bicyclist is coming. And second, if you live there, wear a helmet because people are dying and dun, dundun all right, Donald Legendary TV director Linda Mendoza directed this episode, written by Kevin Beegele. Elliott makes JD pull over for car sex because she's jealous whenever Kim is touching JD.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we should start off by saying JD and Elliott and Kim have this relationship that's very similar to an extended family. Oh where the three of them, you're good, are raising a child together.
Speaker 1: I wish there was a show on network TV about that, maybe in front of a live studio audience. All right, So, yeah, they have a situation where they go it's clear that I forgot how far away.
Speaker 2: She's like forty five minutes away on a car.
Speaker 1: Okay, So JD goes over there he is child and Elliott gets very very jealous whenever Kim even touches him, even touches this collar.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, in a lot of ways, she can get jealous of it. And you know, Kim and JD didn't break up because they didn't like each other. They broke up because it just didn't work. Like she tried, he tried, you're great, You're great, it just doesn't work. And if you're Elliott, and you know this because of how close JD and her are, clearly they talk about everything together. They talk about We'll talk about the the sean of it all later, but they you know, they talk about everything. She knows that if something doesn't happen with this young lady at some point, she will be she can be a threat because she does have something. He's beautiful, yeah, but she also has his kid too.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful and she has his kid, and so he Elliott's nervous. Now, what JD we learned is JD uses this to get car sex. Yes, I don't think car sex is something to really be desired.
Speaker 2: Do you you ever had car sex?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go no comment, but I don't think that it's something to be longed.
Speaker 2: Why are you going to go. Now, why would you go to no common It's not like you're saying I had car sex.
Speaker 1: With I'm having car sex right now.
Speaker 2: Is that why your camera's off? Yes, okay, but no sincerely, Yeah, like I would use anything that I could to get sex at this age, at JD's age.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. He's into it. That's the point everyone. Everyone should be into their own thing, whatever it is. And JD clearly is a fan of car sex. He's also a fan of one step more kinky, and that is he sort of seems to have this arrange with a biker played by Neil Goldman when.
Speaker 2: It created a lot of selfies in this one.
Speaker 1: Of our writers who's actually the co showrunner with Bill Lawrence on the hit show Shrinking Nice.
Speaker 2: I like how you did that.
Speaker 1: Neil Goldman plays the cyclist who takes a selfie of watching j D and Elliott bang in the front seat, which, without Elliott's consent, pretty Sketch already knows. But then she admits later that she does know. Yeah, and she's down with it. Well, this kind of harkens back to Elliott's you know, kinky sex desires. You know, she's she's falling back on her old ways. Dun dun, duh. Reveal. Kim is dating Sean.
Speaker 2: Played by Scott Poley, who was hilarious in this episode.
Speaker 1: Way it's obnoxious how handsome he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I don't understand why Scott. I mean, it worked out for him obviously, but Scott went directly into drama and fucking action after Scrubs. He could have had a really long career in comedy.
Speaker 1: His career is not over.
Speaker 2: He's very funny, no doubt, because he was hilarious.
Speaker 1: He keeps doing drama. But I would love to see Scott Foley in a comedy. He's so fun of this and he's such a good foil for JD because he looks like a mannequin. I mean, he's just so handsome and like he's the exact guy you don't want to not only be your baby mama's new boyfriend, but your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. No Instagram really knows how to target me with ads, guys, it's fucked up. It's rare that I don't want what they're trying to sell me.
Speaker 3: They always know it's just everybody's selling each other their data. I look something up on one computer, my Instagram is saying, oh, do you want an automan?
Speaker 1: Like I was just saying, Donald, how Instagram is so good with their ad targeting, like eighty five percent of the time. I'm like, I do want that?
Speaker 2: How do you know it's your AI? It's whatever it is in the phone collect You're.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's instant's scrolling Instagram and it knows. Instagram knows even when you slow down on something and it's like okay, they just constantly collecting NonStop data on you. So then and they also look if you've bought things before, and they go, well, if he bought that at this price point and he slowed down to look at that thing, then this is the most I mean, it's just, I mean, the most advanced AI learning whatever it is to to figure out what.
Speaker 2: I always thought that the phone was recording what you were saying, and so if you said something like damn, I really do need to schedule my colonoscopy, You'll get flooded with emails and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: People think that Dan, what I mean, that's that's always been an old wives tale. But it hasn't been proven.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's there is some to it, but I think the bigger thing is that every single company is selling each other their ads. So if you search something on Google Chrome or on Safari, they're selling that information to Facebook, who is selling it to Amazon, who is blah blah blah blah blah. So it's like every piece of data that you enter into the Internet is then being served to every other social media and whatnot such that like I'm searching something on Amazon, I'm getting an ad for it on Instagram full out. So that's what it is. It's just a giant web of your information.
Speaker 1: When you click allowed cookies, does that does that contribute to it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just every time you click allow cookies now on any site, and they won't let you use the site without it. It's like learning more and more and more ABOUUEMM.
Speaker 2: Don't you find it weird that Sean and Kim date even.
Speaker 1: Though Elliott set them up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they date Like this opens up this whole finger cut Wiener Cousins.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we're going to get into that. Don't jump ahead to Wiener cousins.
Speaker 2: You and I are not waianner cousins.
Speaker 1: Bro, we're not wier cousins. No, I mean, as far as we know, as far as we know, that's true, there could be.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any overlap.
Speaker 1: As far as we know, as far as we know, I don't think that we have the right to link fingers. No, but and I'm proud of that for us so much. I don't want to be your wiener cousin.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be your wiener cousin either.
Speaker 1: I feel like you'd be a hard act to follow because you like long ease.
Speaker 2: I feel like you like quickies. Do you really like quickies?
Speaker 1: I like all kinds of ease. But I feel like you you would be he would be a hard act to follow.
Speaker 3: All kinds of these. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've heard so much about your sexual prowess on this podcast. I just feel like I wouldn't want to be after you.
Speaker 2: Well, they talk about JD's what you're gonna call it his foreplay and what it's called.
Speaker 1: Well, you're jumping ahead, bro, No what.
Speaker 2: You just called the old kindsies and the long.
Speaker 1: But let's get to that. Don't stop jumping ahead. We have to save her. We were running out of episode. You better save me. I'm saving Sabe, all right, So Zeb puts fuzz in his hair. Kim's dating Sean. Oh, all right, here's your storyline. Chief of surgery job is up and Turk wants it, and Cox says, hell no. He's really really dismissive of the idea of Turkleton.
Speaker 2: But you know, when you have a strong woman in your life who knows how to build you up just the right way. Yep, the way Carla does. She goes out there and you make it happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, she does.
Speaker 2: Ye, she bigs him up. She goes, baby, because you always make it happen. He's like, I do. She goes When you first got to this hospital and you wanted to date me, and there was no way that was going to happen, would you do? I made it happen, right, hmmm right.
Speaker 1: But everyone needs a partner in their life that bigs them up, like Carla biggs up Turk. That's goals.
Speaker 2: I hope Turk is vice versa doing the same thing for her.
Speaker 1: I think he is.
Speaker 2: I mean, in the last episode he was and he was just trying to have sex. Turk is so Donald Faison, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I know, I know what the hell I think? Eight years in Bill was just writing you I wasn't even.
Speaker 2: Married to Casey yet, what the heck is telling the future.
Speaker 1: So Todd asked the jenitor, how's married life? And the jenner says, you have to make compromises. My wife's allergic to raccoons, so I had to throw away my comforter.
Speaker 2: That raccoon comforter that he has. You know, it's interesting that Kelso decided to stay in this story. Now, Kelso, the janitor and lady spent the honeymoon together. That's who their honeymoon was.
Speaker 1: With, because Tulsa was just like on a down there. But here's what's really crazy, bro Kelso. You know, look who kicks Kelso out of the Bahamas. It's it's Randall. But that's supposed to be Van Well, Van Lawrence. Bill's dad is in the squad, Deontay Deonta. Here's what's confusing in the Scrubs universe. I don't think many people play multiple characters. This is Randall's third.
Speaker 2: Character Bahamas guy. Well, same thing with Deontay Tho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like I think Bill's starting to phone it in because these were repeating characters. That was like a Scrubs rule, like if you were somebody, you were that person.
Speaker 2: Not for Rando. But Randa was able to get away with it at first because he had a mask on his death.
Speaker 1: He was death as you all know. And then he was of course Leonard. Oh he is Mark the Orderly.
Speaker 2: I think it was Big Sack and season four.
Speaker 1: Oh Deontay's third role fig Sack, Mark the Orderly and random Bahamas.
Speaker 2: It means to be there from the beginning.
Speaker 1: I guess he was there every single day. But I really got thrown when I saw Leonard kicking kicking Kelso off off the island, and then I realized, oh, he's not Leonard. I was like, why is Leonard there? Because he didn't have a hook hand and there was another guy who was not recognizable but Kelso. What happened was Kelso said, I thought it was a nude beach, and they said it was a church. A church, So that's how drunk he was. Yes, all right, So coffee box has to close because their pastry chef has an intestinal virus.
Speaker 2: Very a very contagious intestinal virus.
Speaker 1: This doesn't make any sense because I don't think a coffee chain has an in house pastry chef. But okay, sure, sure, but Kelso has had so many muffins that he goes down for the count.
Speaker 2: He gets this virus, Yeah, and admits himself into the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yes, because he knows he's very seasoned doctor and he knows what's coming. So he decides it's best to just check in, and he pukes.
Speaker 2: And he's also in the hospital already.
Speaker 1: Right, but he pukes at the check in desk admissions desk. JAD puts on a cologne that Elliott hates in order to punish her because he's what does he upset, Oh for setting them up?
Speaker 2: I forgot for hooking Sean and uh and Kim up.
Speaker 1: Right and the cologne. I mean that's just okay, we understand later why it's there, but it's weird plot point.
Speaker 2: It's just but it's funny though, Like, how is this relationship gonna work? Dude? This dude is always punishing her, Like what the fuck, dude, you put a cologne on because you know she hates it. She's talking about how much better in bed Sean is, so yeah, Kelso's pranking. The in turns also by pretending he's dead. Yeah, he's also so he's also realized, look, I can get through this a lot faster if I take care of this right. Let me get rid of these fuckers and I'll handle this all on my own, right, So he admits an IV. He changes his chart to get the proper medication so he can get out of the hospital and back to the coffee box this quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, he knows what he needs obviously, he's a seasoned doctor and he doesn't have time for these interns trying to start a line on his arm, and he's like, just give it to me, I'll do it. And then he's fucking with his chart and he just wants to get it. He knows what he needs, but he's trying to go around them.
Speaker 2: Right the orange stitching, which is very important later on. I thought at first, I was like, you know, that's interesting. What is this something that surgeons do? I imagine it is.
Speaker 1: It must be. I don't think we would have done it if it wasn't something that's done. You got to practice your stitches somewhere.
Speaker 2: They did it on grades anatomy also, Oh so we did it first too.
Speaker 1: Well, you're watching other medical shows.
Speaker 3: What the fuck.
Speaker 2: We should totally do a rewatch of Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 1: Do you love Gray's Anatomye?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I've been Grey's Anatomy since day one watching it.
Speaker 2: Drama and hot interns and bombs. What's not to love? Yeah, Like everything happens at that hospital. Dude, they had a fucking they had a fucking hostage like that. Shit would die hard on Gray's Anatomy. Like that's everything happens on that ship. I think one of them got kidnapped and molested by the dude behind the in the arcade.
Speaker 1: Whudy just keeps going.
Speaker 2: Just everything happens. I think one of them got their hair turned green because of the rain. It's just like different strokes everything these people, you.
Speaker 1: Understand where you're going. All I heard was Dudley and then the arcade. The molistation totally didn't get molested. He was about to be wanted and it was at the bike shop.
Speaker 2: Where was that? The arcades don't.
Speaker 1: Challenge my different strokes.
Speaker 2: I love that you knew that, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words, and we're back in. So there's a moment where they're going good, good, good, and then Jad says, stop saying good, Sean, you sound like an ass. Nobody cares Sean.
Speaker 2: You said good, but he said good, He said good good.
Speaker 1: You know they're having all these awkward moments that it was a funny moment when we're all when we go over their house, so we can't figure out how to sit who's gonna sit on the couch and we're all kind of standing up and then we keep sitting down because like this is a cringe moment.
Speaker 2: We don't know what you guys pass out on the couch? Actually, right? Is that what happened? And they walk in what happens in the beginning where he says, this is like something from a boyfriend and girlfriend passed or something like that. Did you guys fall asleep on the couch? Is that what happened?
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think we were just hanging on the couch. But they make some comment like oh, it's like a I don't know, like deja vu? What's the expression or something a girlfriend's past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then you guys switch up and then but.
Speaker 1: Then there's a funny like awkward lover like you said, no, that's weird. No, I thought that was pretty funny. Yeah, so peer recommendations. Everyone's coming to rally for Turk to get this position because.
Speaker 2: T versus the Todd is in there, and what does he say. He gives a bunch of reasons why.
Speaker 1: What's the main one he will.
Speaker 2: One is because he's a great surgeon. He has great hands, he's very smart, he has a great dog. Awesome, he has an awesome dog. He's the best surgeon in the hospital. Could you go back two or three more? He has great hands.
Speaker 1: Todd is being interviewed for whether his friend should get the chief of Surgery position, and he mentions that said friend has an amazing dong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he goes, it's not just me, and then everybody comes in, including the janitor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The janitor wants to know if Turk will get like a special hat. No, first he just mentions he wants to know, because he's chief of surgery, if he's going to have like a police chief style hat. And then it goes down a wormhole of really being invested in you having some sort of special hat.
Speaker 2: And he because he thinks he's going to punish him by making him wear a silly hat, and so he gives.
Speaker 3: That I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It was a punishment thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's trying to make Turk feel silly by giving him this stupid hat to wear, and so that's why it has all of these weird things in it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that. I thought he was just trying to He never works, this fucking guy. I mean, it's amazing that he The whole hospital isn't being cleaned, at least by him, and he's spending his days trying to make a special hat for Turk in case he becomes chief of medicine surgery surgery. Okay, Elliot dreams about Kim dying.
Speaker 2: But it's all right because Kim admits that she dreams about Elliott dying.
Speaker 1: Right, and then she also admits that she knows about the cyclists, and she's okay with it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So here are some of the names for JD's for play. Elliott and Kim share their experience hooking up with j E and he takes the play part of four play very seriously and makes sort of games. Here are some of the titles I wrote them down, Nooks and Crannies, Upsy Daisy, Who's in there? And what's in there? What's in there, and then mister Peep tries on hats.
Speaker 2: I want to know mister Peep tries on hats is.
Speaker 1: I think he probably fashions as very as a hat motive in this episode, but he probably fashions small hats that will fit on the on the head of his people.
Speaker 2: Peeps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the weirdo.
Speaker 2: That's that's four fla.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean to each their own, Donald, I mean, you know, it obviously works for some very beautiful, amazing women like these two. I wonder what nooks and crannies is.
Speaker 2: I know what nooks and cranny's. Everybody knows what nooks and cranny's is.
Speaker 1: That seis, what's who's in there?
Speaker 2: Well? I thought that's what mister Peeps tries on hats was too.
Speaker 1: No, mister peep trion hats. I just assumed was that he fashions like he grabs something that could be a hat for his people.
Speaker 2: Who's in there? Wait, what's in there? And who's in there?
Speaker 1: Who's in there? Is first? Who's in there? And what's in there?
Speaker 2: That can be looked at us so many different ways. Who's in there?
Speaker 1: Who's in there? What's in there?
Speaker 2: Let's sit there, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so Sean and j D they say they're going to say something nice about each other, and JD says, you're a beautiful man, And now you.
Speaker 2: Go and said, I never agreed to that beautiful son of.
Speaker 1: A bitch, your beautiful seventh He is beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's very handsome. My goodness, Scott Foley, Wow, I can see why you were the heart throb on Felicity all those years and Scandal?
Speaker 1: Wasn't you a heart throb on Scandal?
Speaker 2: Wish right? He had Olivia Pope's ear?
Speaker 1: Was it a love triangle between him and Tony Goldwyn?
Speaker 2: You got to be a handsome motherfucker to be in a love triangle with Tony Goldwin and Carrie Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a prime time Shonda Rhymes love triangle right there.
Speaker 2: I love the way you rhyme that. That is a prime rhyme. Yeah, I love love trying.
Speaker 1: By the way, I know all three of them, and I have to say all three of them are very very very nice people and very beautiful and of course very beautiful. Tony's just the best. He's the sweetest person on earth.
Speaker 2: Didn't he direct a movie you were in?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Last Kiss. That's how I know him well, he directed The Last Kiss, But I just love him as a person. He's just he. I had an early he came to my premiere in New York of a Good Person and he was just so lovely. And I don't know anyone who in the business who's ever worked or met Tony Goldwin will tell you he's just the sweetest, nicest man. And he's ripped by the way he rose. That's his thing. He rose on a rowing machine.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of spirits that I don't like him when they pulled him into.
Speaker 1: The oh a ghost reference, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: For those of you who don't know, he's amazing.
Speaker 1: He's the bad guy from Ghosts. Guys, he's the bad when I worked with him. How you always joked that people see you when they're like clue this, But people see him they're like bad guy from ghost Yeah, guy from Ghost back in the day, back in the day. This is like two thousand and six from Ghosts.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yo, back guy from Ghosts up and bad guy from ghost What's off? Oh shit? Yo? What other movies you'd be in? Bad Guy from Ghosts?
Speaker 1: So many movies? All right, Wiener, He's in Oppenheimer Actually, you don't watch that Guy from ghosts in Bad Guy from ghost is in Oppenheimer. I know you don't watch things.
Speaker 2: Is Gone Girl in Oppenheimer? What is Gone Girl in Oppenheimer?
Speaker 1: No, Gone Girl is not an Oppenheimer. Gone Girl is in Sulburn.
Speaker 2: Gongoes in Sulburn. Got it, got it? Got it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Speaking of Gone Girl, the most insane docu sriies that your wife told me to watch American Nightmare. Have you seen that, guys, Joelle, you've seen it? Yeah, Oh my gosh. It's an insane story that you have to watch. It's on Netflix. It's called American Nightmare, twenty three episodes. Casey told me to watch it. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Can they get the elevator pitch?
Speaker 1: The elevator pitch is a woman is kidnapped and I don't want to ruin anything because it's an insane story. But basically the police things she's she and her boyfriend are lying that she's been kidnapped. And I won't say anymore because the story is so insane. You have to watch it unravel.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Someone's gonna make a movie out of it because it's that good. It deserves to be made into a feature true story. Yeah, yeah, it's a doc. Oh sorry I missed the bark out and then sorry, let me get Donald back. And then the storm trober shoot and everyone dies and they come back and they win and they and they save the Death Star. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: There's a documentary about Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we just wanted to bull you back.
Speaker 2: Okay, when where can I find the said doc?
Speaker 1: Said doc? All right, So then now we're finally into the idea of Wien. You're cousins, and.
Speaker 2: Uh, there are a lot of them in the hospital, stronger than fat and and and Mark and Turker Wiener cousins.
Speaker 1: Before you you're jumping ahead all episode today, you're skipping Beard, Fussay and Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Resident that's right there, Wiener cousins too.
Speaker 1: And then we learned that it was Nurse Roberts.
Speaker 2: God bless the dead, and both of them on.
Speaker 1: The same night. And then I say, may she rest in peace? Yes, so beards. This this must have been one of her above ground pool parties.
Speaker 2: But but the is it mister Roberts at these parties too?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's down, you know, we as we know from the podcast some people are.
Speaker 2: Just saying, mister Roberts is a cok Is that what you're saying right now?
Speaker 1: I think a cock is derogatory, right, I don't know, is it, Daniel Joelle?
Speaker 3: It's just a it's just a practice of watching your partner.
Speaker 1: Be Okay, But I thought, okay, but if you're down with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's a technical word. But I think think we have seen the word cuck be transformed by a certain demographic of people.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just didn't know. In the Let's say someone's listening and they're super into this, I don't want them to feel like we're dissing them if that's their seas.
Speaker 3: Cuckold stuff is totally a It's a kink on its own.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dann, you seem quite knowledgeable anyway, So.
Speaker 3: I was once a teenager on the internet.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Deontae, so, Mark and Turk guess what they are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're wien your cousins. We never heard this story about that.
Speaker 2: Kelso and the janitor Guess what they are?
Speaker 1: Weien your cousins. Yep, but wait, that's deep. We learned that it was twenty years ago. But the janitor says, I'll honor the code. That's how deep the Wien your cousin code is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna honor it forever.
Speaker 1: I'm worried that there's a bond that we don't have in our life. We are so close on so many ways, and this is this is an area where we're.
Speaker 2: There's no way. Just don't even don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 7: I know it.
Speaker 2: Don't you do it. Don't you fucking do it. You knew I was reaching for the bokne I know the reaching for.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's get back. Oh Bejingo sisters, we learn as the female term for weener cousins, good sisters.
Speaker 2: I would love to be in a Bajingo's sister sandwich when I was younger.
Speaker 1: You may have been, you don't know.
Speaker 2: So look here's the question. Now, do women like it when men brag about being Wiener cousins? Because I would imagine men wouldn't mind if women bragged about being Bajingo sisters.
Speaker 3: You mean like in front of the said person.
Speaker 2: If somebody, if somebody, I would feel a little awkward me personally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if two women who had sex with you, we're like, oh, you had it. I had it, you had I had it, and so we both had you and.
Speaker 2: They were like, we're Virginia, We're Virginia sisters. I think i'd laugh, you wouldn't laugh, Okay, now vice versa.
Speaker 1: I would imagine the women wouldn't like that. That's my guess. I don't know Joelle, Joelle as our resident woman.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told you, yeah, yeah, you know, you may.
Speaker 2: Be like, yo, yeah, I had that.
Speaker 7: It was great one time you want done dope and then you know, it's a fun story you share with your friend, or to be a horrifying meltdown of a relationship, the.
Speaker 2: Death of a relationship.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the context. For sure.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know. I don't want to be wiener cousins with any people.
Speaker 1: Like, do you know anyone in your life that you are for sure a wean your cousin with.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there are several people that we grew up in New York City. I grew up in Hollywood. This is Hollywood, dude, Are you kidding me? Yeah, I'll tell Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. All right, let's move on from wing your cousins. Kelso's doctoring is file. We talked about that, then we talked about the flashback to the Bahamas. Oh, this was really random. The JD searches Sean's peach, so the baby's always crying when he's around JD, and JD has the humiliating thing to deal with that the second the baby is held by Sean, his own baby stops crying. So this is understandably horrible for JD. And he thinks that Sean has a remote shocking device on baby and that the device might be hidden at the bottom of Sean's peach yogurgert, so he inspects with his fingers the peach yogurt for said device.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to give a shout out to all of the background actors in this episode because I don't know if you were particularly paying any attention to them, but they all had a lot to do, not that they always don't have a lot to do, but in this one particular, that Wunner with Kelso and Cox where Kelso's butt is out and everybody's admiring. If you watch the background in the back, they all do such a really good job. And this isn't the only thing that they do this in. But this was a highlight for the fun They were all very very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the background actors were very funny in that moment. And what about Mickhead taking a.
Speaker 2: Picture taking the picture? Yeah, with his cell phone.
Speaker 1: So Carla begins working Cox to get Turkeleton the job.
Speaker 2: He's the only one for the child.
Speaker 1: You know, it's weird that Cox has such a blind spot to the genius of the who's the best surgeon in the.
Speaker 2: Hospital, especially after everyone's gone to bat for them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even Todd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring up that old feud a lot over Carlo.
Speaker 1: Mm all right, here's a weird thing.
Speaker 6: G D.
Speaker 1: I guess tells Sam a lot of stories about unicorns.
Speaker 2: There's so many of them.
Speaker 1: He there's a lot of them, And he goes, they just come to me, and I gotta get them out there. They're magical.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: That's all his unicorns story is for Sam.
Speaker 2: She goes, they're not, they're not.
Speaker 1: That's when we learned that the cologne is the source of what's annoying and irritating the baby. Eureka, And then he gets the shower problems solved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he takes a shower and puts on new clothes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he borrows Sean's. And then towards the end, we realize that Kelso really misses his job, missus being in the hospital, and we learned that Cox relents and awards the position.
Speaker 2: And the janitor awards Turk with the hat.
Speaker 1: Oh is that a tag?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh I missed the tag.
Speaker 2: And Turk likes the hat, and the Janitor's pissed because now the janitor the janitor was trying to make him feel stupid.
Speaker 1: Oh I missed the tag. I forgot. I always forget that this season as those tags, I forgot to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he gives him the hat, he puts it on, decides he likes it, and now the janitor regrets giving him the hat because the janitor likes the hat too.
Speaker 1: And then the big dug dundn that we know is going to set up the finale of season eight, the true finale of the TV show Scrubs is JD feeling like he's only a part time father and that he's going to miss too much of his son's life. And he says, I think I'm gonna move here, meaning where Kim lives.
Speaker 7: Undone don question if the show does take place in southern California, I think there's are the thirty seven minutes apart. Does this require a giant move?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on your I would say thirty seven minutes apart without traffic. So yeah, in the morning after work, you don't want to necessarily travel thirty seven minutes to get home from the hospital.
Speaker 1: I just think of towns. Okay, just let's just talk about the cities a right. Let's say let's say that she lives in Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: No, I would say she lives in like I would say she lives in like Huntington.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's say she lives in Huntington Beach and he works in West Hollywood or the Valley, the Valley, the Valley. That's far.
Speaker 2: That's a good track.
Speaker 1: That's to go get your kid. What, Dawn, You don't think?
Speaker 3: So that's not that bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know a lot of people have it worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a trek, that's a trick, but it's not you know, we're not talking La to San Diego.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, And I know a lot if he wants to spend more time, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, I know that a lot of people listening, have it a whole lot worse than that. I'm just saying, this is a guy who's going, who's going, don't. I don't want this. I want to choose something different.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, funny episode.
Speaker 2: Very funny. It's sad though, because it's coming to an end, and it feels like it's coming to an end now too, Like you can feel the the traps being laid for all of us to cry in the final five minutes of the show being they're being set now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely what else?
Speaker 7: Joelle thoughts, Uh, yeah, great episode. Really appreciate the way they were trying to bring season eight two clothes. But I gotta be honest, I know this is the spiritual end of the show, but I'm really excited to like explore like what didn't didn't work in season nine, and like, have.
Speaker 1: You been getting a lot of submissions from people talking about these in nine?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're rolling in you know you guys, please keep submitting them. They're very funny. It's gotten excited to watch SOUN, especially the first episode. I think that's probably what I've gotten the most.
Speaker 1: I'm very interested.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to rewatch it. I haven't watched season nine in a long time.
Speaker 1: I've never watched it. I remember that. I remember the big security guarden.
Speaker 2: He was away like the metal of high life guy as some shit.
Speaker 1: He was a replacement for the janitor in sort of like a you know, and he had his partner. Yeah, I don't remember much of it at all.
Speaker 2: Was the partner was actually a writer on the staff. The guy who played his partner.
Speaker 1: And I remember Carrie Basha. Of course, I remember all the all the young folk, but any it'll be interesting to watch, of course. I love you guys, love you, you know.
Speaker 2: I I'm very fond of you. Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh you're just fond of us, or you love us.
Speaker 2: I'm just bullshit and I love you guys. It's just a line from the show that I'm on Extended Family, which comes, Oh my god. Uh and Tuesday Nights, Yeah, Tuesday Nights eight thirty. Yeah, all the plugs in today, guys. I'm so proud of it.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you, audience. Until next time. Donald count us out.
Speaker 6: By six seven eight stories about show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada. I said, here's the stories next all s no so YadA round you here, up yeada around you here, ups for me.
Speaker 2: Watch show Wednesday, No