Speaker 1: It's club breakfast club, very very very very video. You don't change an entire scene and a good culture.
Speaker 2: Where y'all came alone.
Speaker 3: Wait, they might be the news, but you know they're listening to the back of the club.
Speaker 4: Just DJ M Big, just hilarious and Charlamagne the God y'all all like Imma.
Speaker 2: For nan Resy Club.
Speaker 1: That's how we get out this fun.
Speaker 5: Good morn in Usa yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo Just hilarious. Today's her birthday, she's not even yet. Charlamagne its big Justice born day. But also peaks to the planet. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Tuesday. Yes it is. What's happening? How y'all feeling good, good good, good cut Mac and like I just ain't running here. You just hit it at the buzz literally at the buzzer.
Speaker 6: Here in New York City, New York City, New Jersey areas tho, everybody that listens to us all around the country, but in the New York City, New Jersey area, we had a huge snowstorm. That's our huge to know how huge. It was, it was predicted to be huge, but you know, it just look kind of regular to me. Look regular, not too crazy. They closed schools in Jersey and New York City, some of the schools.
Speaker 7: So if if you got kids, you know, definitely checking call your school or check the emails all of the other good stuff.
Speaker 1: And my kids schools are closed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my kids schools are close to uh, you know, driving in with disgusting.
Speaker 1: It was horrible. My wife asked me.
Speaker 6: This morning, why are you going in while you're just doing broadcast from home? And I'm like, you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do layup last night. Did you see the layup I throw you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But you know we got uh, we got guests coming by the show. We got guests here today. It's Justice Born Day, and you know Jess is just getting that's right started here on the Breakfast Club. So she doesn't have like, uh, the equipment. It's set ups that we do. You know, you got studios at the house and things of that nature. So it's just like, yo, why not come in?
Speaker 1: I try to.
Speaker 7: I try to throw charlam Ali last night. I said, hey, Charlotte, so you are you broke? As from the grip because I will too.
Speaker 1: And I like I like. I like being here. I like being in the studio.
Speaker 6: I enjoy, you know, coming to talk to the people every morning and serve the people of America every morning here on this black mother ship we called a breakfast club.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, yeah, So I'm happy.
Speaker 2: To be here.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 7: Well, today we have Kingsley ben a Deer. Now, I'm sure you don't know who he is. He's an actor that plays Bob Marley in a new one Love Flick Kills It too.
Speaker 6: A lot of people know who this is. You know why because I had a lot of women yesterday hitting me talk about Kingsley was up there, yes, because he played He played Malcolm Xan.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the name of the movie something in Miami he played one night in Miami. I believe Miami.
Speaker 6: I played Malcolm Mexican Nawty played a Barack Obama something he was in a Secret Invasion he played. I can't remember the villain's name is Secret Invasion either.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 6: I'm forty five years old, was born in nineen hundred and seven year I can't remember everything we got it, but yeah, people know a lot of people know who he is. You know a lot of women like like like Kingsley.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yes, birthday, Jami, birthday to.
Speaker 1: You, Happy birthday, Happy big boy. Yes are you one?
Speaker 2: Are you two?
Speaker 1: Are you three?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean added thirty to that too, thirty. Good morning.
Speaker 7: But we'll let just settle it. And we got front page was coming back testla figure, oh be joining us. It don't go anywhere. It's a breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 6: I've been listening in to Snooze for about a year and some change seventeen times a day on this radio right during the Breakfast Club and Jesse Larry's.
Speaker 1: Just put me on the snooze, got me looking at snools different. You never yeah, you never listen to the lyrics.
Speaker 5: It's the lyrics. She saysifyed about how many people she killed and all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she killed she like for you and all that.
Speaker 10: But I told you because she has a wonderful disguising voice like Google guy guy, so people can't like understand exactly what she's saying.
Speaker 5: She's very smart, but she confessed to a lot of crime, like.
Speaker 1: A baby murderer. Yeah, yeah, wow, good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. I just started off Super Bowl since TV ratings record with one hundred and twenty three point four minut viewers.
Speaker 1: Yes, no surprise there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the longest Bowl game also will go down as the most watched program in television history.
Speaker 1: And no surprise they win in the overtime.
Speaker 6: You got a dynasty like the Kansas City Chiefs, you got a storied franchise like the San Francisco forty nine is. You got USh here at the halftime show. You got the tailor of swift stuff swirling around. There's a lot of elements that doesn't surprise me at all that there was the most watched thing in history, that's right.
Speaker 5: And then you got the whole Bronx for ice fie.
Speaker 1: Whole Bronx for ice fights.
Speaker 6: You know, you're acting like you're acting like it's legal cable in the Bronx. Definitely tames.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, let's jump right into Joe Oldstein.
Speaker 10: Your good morning dj MB, good morning Charlemagne, and happy birthday to just thank you beautiful happy birthday. Yeah, let's let's get into some new details about the Sunday shooting at Joe Austin's Lakewood Church in Houston. Let's go to NBC News for the report and the I'm gonna give you some more form.
Speaker 3: On the other side.
Speaker 11: Police identified their shooter as thirty six year old Genesee Yvonne Modeno and say she was carrying an AR fifteen with the word Palestine written on it. Police said they also found any Semitic writings during a recent search warrant.
Speaker 12: We have uncovered some items. We do have some anti Semitic writings that we have uncovered during this process, but like I said, we are twenty four hours into it.
Speaker 11: Investigators say a dispute between Mardeno and her ex husband's family, some of whom are Jewish, may be related to the shooting.
Speaker 10: Now, as he mentioned and as we talked about yesterday, when these shootings happened, you know, there's details constantly unfolding. So that was the latest as far as you know what happened with the shooting. But I want to give you some more details on her background, her criminal history, as well as her documented mental illness. Take a listen to this, and Joe Olstein, we also have his statement as well.
Speaker 11: Law enforcement records show the shooter had at least six prior arrests since two thousand and five, including unlawful carring of a weapon, which she pleaded guilty to, evading arrest, and assault on a public official, which she pleaded to a lesser charge. Banano's neighbor, who didn't want to be identified, said she filed a restraining order against her in November.
Speaker 5: Four years. I've been through hell.
Speaker 13: I have reported this, reported this, reported this, and it's gone on deaf ears. Nobody should have died, nobody should have been hurt. This should have been handled years.
Speaker 11: Ago, police adding in twenty sixteen, authorities placed mon Ano under an emergency detention order.
Speaker 12: We do believe that she does have a mental health history that is documented through US and through interviews with family members.
Speaker 2: We're devastated.
Speaker 14: I mean this, We've been here sixty five years and have somebody shoot him in your church.
Speaker 11: But you know, we don't understand why these things happened, but we know God's in control.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: So sad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, So we'll continue to see again. They said no motive has been determined at this point, they'll continue to look into it. They're also saying they don't know if they're going to document this as a hate crime or terrorism or how that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Also, I haven't seen an update on the little boy.
Speaker 14: That was there.
Speaker 3: Remember that was a little boy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, her son that was right, Uh huh, that was with him and he was in critical condition. And as of right now this moment, because you know, things change every hour, I have not seen, you know, an update on him, So hoping that he is you know, recovers from that as well.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is front page news. What are we talking next hour? Test?
Speaker 10: Yeah, make sure you tap in. Tax season is here. You may qualify for more money. And I want you to know about something that's gonna happen on Valentine's Day. If you plan on ordering door dash or if you need an uber or lift at the airport. Drivers in ten cities are saying get somebody else to do it. So I'm gonna tell you all about it at the top of the hour.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, all right, get it off your chest. Eight un drink five E five one five one. If you need event phone lines or wide open, call us up right now. Eight on drink five E five five one is the Breakfast Legal Morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club Ray right ray Yo, charlote, man, yaffy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: I got an indoor pool pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 14: Get on the.
Speaker 1: Phone right now here, tell you what.
Speaker 12: It is we lie.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Just in from Chalcas?
Speaker 1: Off your laughner, ain't four to three? What's happening in the low Country this morning? What's up?
Speaker 9: Brother? What's up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: I just wanted to I just wanted to get y'all call to tell Jess happy birthday, Happy birthday to myself.
Speaker 5: Back to you, honey, Oh yeah, no problem.
Speaker 1: Yes, blessings to your brother. To you in the low Country this morning. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's DeAndre.
Speaker 1: What's up, dre Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, I just wanted to say, man and my lady. You're expecting my first baby, oh doll?
Speaker 5: Oh congratulations you sound are you happy?
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 17: Boy.
Speaker 15: It's a little nervousness and all.
Speaker 1: With it too.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah you said your first baby? Oh yeah, wow you tomorrow?
Speaker 15: Ye do tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Wow? Did you build a cribon all that yet?
Speaker 11: And all that?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Everything shut up.
Speaker 15: Just gotta really just waiting, man, really for I.
Speaker 1: Need you to be more excited. Sounds very I'm nervous, bro, I'm nervous.
Speaker 5: But at least you you're being honest about it. It's okay. You'll be fine.
Speaker 6: I like his commonest though. You know, it's like the common before the storm. You stay focused, you know what I mean. It happened in the next twenty whiles. It's gonna be a life changing experience for you.
Speaker 1: Money. You're never gonna look at your woman on her vagina.
Speaker 6: That said, Jesus call it from I'm calling from Charlotte seven four, yes, sir, And can.
Speaker 15: I get one more things off y'all?
Speaker 6: On man?
Speaker 15: Yeah, brother, all right, I got a friend that runs like repelicans out here and he's in danger of losing his store.
Speaker 9: You had to start a go fund.
Speaker 15: Me if anybody can, it's go fund me and help save my Store's organized by to start any help, that'll be great.
Speaker 6: To appreciate it, all right, brother, you're trying to say the pelicans, say the pelicans, yes, I guess, then organization we say just the birds.
Speaker 9: And inflation is kind of no.
Speaker 15: It's it's like a snow cone store.
Speaker 19: Okay, so not real birds you are.
Speaker 5: I think all your attentions should be on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I mean that fact.
Speaker 15: But it's like my best friend, one of my best friends.
Speaker 1: He's worried about the pelicans in this day, the real.
Speaker 6: Pelt worried about the pelicans storg.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you get about the snow cones.
Speaker 9: I mean, I want to.
Speaker 15: Help my whole boy too, if I.
Speaker 1: Can you feel Yeah, I agree with Just focus on your baby. Yeah, queen, they're not real pelicans.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's the snow cones.
Speaker 6: That gonna be the name of the store. Yeah, repelicans, snow cone store.
Speaker 7: Save save When he said the pelicans said, brother birds out by the way, snow cones don't need no whole store.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 6: This is a little truck or something, a little stand. You don't need a whole off the snow cones.
Speaker 5: He's so nervous about the pelican.
Speaker 1: The pelicans.
Speaker 7: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five.
Speaker 1: Won't call us now. It's the breakfast good.
Speaker 4: Morning, the breakfast club, and a mood day is your time to get it off your chest way up.
Speaker 2: Whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 1: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 20: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 8: This Sierra from Indianapolis. A. Wellday, It's my birthday and I just want to tell myself happy birthday and.
Speaker 15: Shut off the chest.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday?
Speaker 5: Well, query is twin?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 15: Actually?
Speaker 1: What trimp is?
Speaker 7: I have a little brother who just turns twenty one today? O?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Are you'all borth there on the same day? And that's what's happy?
Speaker 13: Brother? Brother?
Speaker 9: Y'all fourteen years afore?
Speaker 6: Let me look up a QUERYUS trench for women. Oh damn, you are very difficult to love.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you so much, beab. I appreciate you calling in.
Speaker 6: Loyal She learns from from this distracted, friendly, reluctance to follow rules. Visionary wow jess, humanitarians, intellectual. She enjoys independent, detached, emotionally reserved, rebellious social butterflies.
Speaker 1: What happened? Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Aquarius woman trades okay, living in the truth, all right, get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and five five five one? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Ruh?
Speaker 9: This is your boy captain from Huntsville, Alabama.
Speaker 1: What's up chaptain? Get off your chest?
Speaker 9: Hey man? Okay, quick question?
Speaker 1: Yes sir, what's up? King? What's up?
Speaker 9: King? How are you doing this? Jeff Larry, good morning, good morning? Quick question? The top five comedian.
Speaker 5: Top five to three comedians?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which one?
Speaker 5: Top five or top three?
Speaker 9: Top three?
Speaker 5: Top three? Kat Williams, Dave Chappelle, Chris Tucker. This is all back in the day, Okay.
Speaker 9: So questionnaires? How come with never a female in that?
Speaker 5: That's why?
Speaker 9: Why is there never a female included in the.
Speaker 1: Top Because you said top three? You saying top five?
Speaker 5: I could have told you another one me, but top three? That's it? Say birthday first of all, say happy birthday to me.
Speaker 9: Happy birthday.
Speaker 16: Girl.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much?
Speaker 6: He changed, Kanye, I got one woman comedian in my top five?
Speaker 1: What is it? You're doing it all the time?
Speaker 5: He definitely was funny, like really really funny.
Speaker 9: Why I say, Jeff hilarious, mona, don't call me white girl, shout after you girl, and the giving.
Speaker 19: Him hey yeah all time, moaning and jefs okay, thank you brothers like you had a problem with it at first. No, I'm just saying, so why they top five all time?
Speaker 6: You think like the older one. But you said rock what's happening now? Absolutely, Lawrence, you named a bunch of old hands.
Speaker 5: Two I did.
Speaker 7: I would have put myself in there. Okay, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five when we got just with the mess coming.
Speaker 1: Up, yes we do.
Speaker 10: Justin Bieber was supposed to perform with Well. He was offered to perform with Usher. Okay, he said, Nigga, No, oh my god, no, that is no, that is wrong.
Speaker 7: We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Good more than everybody in DJ and be just hilarious.
Speaker 1: CHARLAMAGNEA gott toell me what.
Speaker 5: I told you was getting a little stick yesterday. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: There is something going around.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's covid, but it's some something new that's like getting people sick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it could be just a little cold. People forgot about colds.
Speaker 5: Now every day it's something going around. It's just terms cold.
Speaker 6: People forget about cold. They forget about the fluid. If you get about lamydia, like, it ain't always covid. Y'oh Okay, come on, let's go.
Speaker 17: Let's let's just.
Speaker 9: Real line.
Speaker 2: Breakfast clubs.
Speaker 10: Usher marries longtime girlfriend in Vegas. People exclusively recorded reported that Usher married his longtime girlfriend Jen after his Super Bowl halftime show. The marriage certificate shows that Usher's mom was the witness. The Usher of the wedding was and was at the Vegas Weddings and terrace gazebo or whatever.
Speaker 5: And then they didn't like.
Speaker 10: Report it to the world, but a source had said that they confirmed it to like their own little team and their own people or whatever.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that they had two kids together. I knew.
Speaker 10: I knew the Usher had kids, but I didn't even know that he had this long time girlfriend until like earlier last year.
Speaker 5: So this is actually this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I didn't know that, and you wouldn't think that with his performances and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: But so I just entertainment.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's real cute and everything.
Speaker 10: But look, and it's a song One's new album called like He's still saying that he has a side girl that he messing away.
Speaker 5: Y'all need to get down with the album. The album gives real tea.
Speaker 10: Okay, USh, you're gonna always have a side girl somewhere, So good luck Jack. Yeah, I'm just saying because hey, we ain't even know him to be lying for Usher, Yeah, we don't even not tell like the elaborate on truth, but we know that he'll be lying, So it just entertainment.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's cute. Okay, More on Usher.
Speaker 10: Why Justin Bieber didn't participate in Usher's halftime show, so fans expected to see Justin Bieber on the stage during Usher's halftime show. A source told Page six that Usher offered for Justin Bieber to join the performance, but Biaber turned it down, saying that he just wasn't feeling it. They elaborated, there's no bad blood between Usher and Justin, just that Justin wasn't up for it.
Speaker 5: He wasn't He just wasn't feeling it.
Speaker 1: What the hell was Justin Bieber gonna do with USh? Eskape?
Speaker 5: I know, I don't remember them having songs together, but one of.
Speaker 1: The producers, now he was the one that found that.
Speaker 10: Just know that I know, but like songs together collaboratively. I don't remember them having songs.
Speaker 6: But if that's his artist, that's that's that's technically as artist, he just helped discover Justin b Yeah, I don't need you to be an usher set just because man helped discovery you.
Speaker 5: Why not not?
Speaker 6: Now if he came if Justin came out roller skating or something, you know, Okay, oh that's Justin Bieber.
Speaker 7: I thought he was he was signed to Usher in school Lebron. I thought they had a number a company and they did it together.
Speaker 10: I don't know, it's just me and the news is really don't have to be real that, but it is. So we don't know if there was like anything you know, going on. But I just feel like Justin is just tired wrapped up with music anyway, Like he's just performing and anything like or anything that has to do with music. I just feel like he's tired of He just wants to be left alone with it. He was saying this for the past few years. So it could be something deeper. It could be he's depressed. It could be something that you just don't want to even address or whatever. But like they said, it's no bad blood between him and ushers.
Speaker 1: Oh he's just rich and don't feel like working. How about that?
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Retirement it's not an age, just the income.
Speaker 10: And I don't remember the last time he's actually looked happy. The last time that we that we the little bit of times that we've seen him seen him in the last like year and a half, he doesn't look happy.
Speaker 5: So prayers up for him. I hope he's okay, you know.
Speaker 10: But Chris Brown reacted to Usher's halftime performance. It was just very subtle, It was real quick. It was just an emoji, a flame emoji. Some people are speculating, like about Usher and Chris Brown's relationship and what it's been like since since the rumor since he allegedly got into an altercation in Vegas last year. Remember they were trying to say, oh my god, he punched Usher and ain't nobody ever confirmed more than.
Speaker 5: I or whatever.
Speaker 10: So uh, he posted to a story on Instagram just a flame like that was fired.
Speaker 6: It could have been it could have been more what y'all wanted to do, put an egg plant in some lips like.
Speaker 1: A flame emojisher.
Speaker 10: I would have wanted I don't know if Usher offered for him to perform with him, but I would have wanted to see new flame with Usher and Chris Brown. That was like one of the nicest songs or whatever.
Speaker 5: You don't remember that you want to see that, that's not what you want to say.
Speaker 1: No, super Bowl you want to see like the what.
Speaker 5: You want to see.
Speaker 1: No, I want to see lovers in French.
Speaker 10: Well I know, I know would be okay, but I should can skate dance and all that. I mean, Chris Brown can skate dancing all this, so that would have been nice to see.
Speaker 6: But that's what y'all wanted Chris Brown and Justin Bieber to do. Y'all wanted them to be skaters in Ush's pale. That's what I'm getting from this, Like what that's what y'all want?
Speaker 5: Should and Chris got songs together, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, but it's okay, whatever, whatever, whatever, All Right. Fans react to Shack shooting his shot at Ice Spice after the Super Bowl, Right, Shaq posted a picture on his Instagram with Taylor Swift, Ice Spice and a few other people, and the caption was an Ice Spice is so damn fine, Thanks Taylor Swift. Shack is fifty one, Ice Spice is twenty four. Shack's oldest son, Sharif is also twenty four, and I just I just like, all right, Chack relaxed sometimes, like if we're gonna tell Shane to show up the check, I mean off the chill.
Speaker 5: We gotta tell Shack.
Speaker 6: That's a little it's just a little strange, Like, come on, you was in this You was in the league for about as long as Ice Spice has been alive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then what you mean, thanks Taylor Swift? What do he wanted her to?
Speaker 10: I don't know, issu waiting and he wanted tailor to put him on with Ice Spice.
Speaker 7: Or what he probably better and tail us uh tailor section yeah, tailor sweet, that's what okay, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 10: But either way, Ice Spikes look like like his granddaughter in front of him.
Speaker 6: Like, no, for real, that could be strand daughter. That could be your granddaughter, Shack. That's how you gotta look at these things.
Speaker 1: Man. You got to think about that.
Speaker 5: How you say you was fifty four?
Speaker 1: Fifty four? Why not? He's thirty years older than nfty one.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Shack is fifty one.
Speaker 1: Why can't he have a twenty four your granddaughter a fifty one?
Speaker 5: No, she just looked like super your grand daughter.
Speaker 1: That granddaughter. You're crazy. You don't so you don't know, No, fifty year, I don't fifty year with a twenty four year old granddaughter.
Speaker 6: All I said, no, I know the fifty eight year olds was like a twenty one, twenty two year old granddaughter.
Speaker 10: All I said was the polls made her look like I mean, is she still posed like north like you know what I'm saying, Like she don't never? Yeah, yeah, yeah, with the little tongue sticking out the side, half the tongue, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all a little by the way, that's not a young grandma. If you fifty eight years old, fifty.
Speaker 1: Nine, we said, fifty one with a twenty four year old granddaughter, it's possible. No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: The best at math. But if you give you a minute, I can figure this out.
Speaker 10: He wow, you gonna figured that out. We're gonna celebrate Scissor.
Speaker 1: You think about if you have to get it twenty one twenty one.
Speaker 10: To celebrate Scissor right now for SOS being the first album by a black woman to spend over a.
Speaker 5: Year and the top ten of Billboards two hundred. Ye that is so lit.
Speaker 10: She posted this on her Instagram, and she said thank you and Happy Black History Month.
Speaker 5: Okay, so shout out the sister.
Speaker 10: She's been getting like really really good accolades and all that stuff for like the past she has.
Speaker 5: She been doing hot.
Speaker 6: If your daughter got pregnant at like thirteen forteen, are you're not gonna let this go. It's possible if your daughter got pregnant like thirteen, fourteen fifteen, it's possible for you to be fifty one, fifty four years old with a twenty one year old You're.
Speaker 1: Still gonna go with this. We're still gonna go.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: It's some possibility. Somebody out there do the math for me. Do the ghetto math for me. The ghetto man figured this out.
Speaker 1: Okay, how can you be a fifty four.
Speaker 6: Year old granddaddy, fifty one, fifty one year old granddaddy, but twenty four year old granddaughter?
Speaker 1: Come on, somebody figured it out for me. It can happen. I just don't know how. And that is just with the mastanak you Jess, no problem.
Speaker 7: When we come back, we got front page news and then Kingsley ben Adela will be joining us.
Speaker 6: Them girls love him, ladies love this man who kings Yeah, Kingsley Bendy it.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, hey, big head, but it'd be trying. I got a bigger head. You said that. You definitely said like three times all into his.
Speaker 2: Head, right?
Speaker 5: May you heit big?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 5: What size is your head? Like what you asked him? What size his head was?
Speaker 1: It never happened. You ain't even been here yet, Jess, I'm lying, you know, come over, you're checking.
Speaker 2: Out the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Everybody as deja envy.
Speaker 1: Je Hilariy, Charlamage the guy. We are to breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: Put up test Good morning DJ, every good morning and happy birthday to Jess Hilarious and Charlotte the Guy.
Speaker 1: Now let's jump right into these tax refunds.
Speaker 10: Yeah, before I get to this, you know, if you love your free burger days, you know you'd like to pull up when McDonald's be getting free burgers. I wanted everybody to know today it's National Pancake Day, so I hop is offering free pancakes today and participating locations from seven am to seven pm. Now, the reason why I'm saying this is because it's also pair with their month long fundraising campaign to fight food insecurity. So if you go in and get your free stack, your three stack, make sure you donate a dollar. Every dollar you donate provides ten meals for people facing hunger.
Speaker 5: So Gary, yes, you know.
Speaker 3: Like to help people with food, that's what they call it.
Speaker 10: Now, you know, help people who are hungry basically so they can be happy.
Speaker 5: He love him some pain. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're pulling up today.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pull up.
Speaker 5: To take him. I'm not going in, but I'm talking mother to take.
Speaker 10: Imagine just standing in line for three with three as he was a deal.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing wrong with that three pancakes?
Speaker 3: It no same waiting a long line, would you be?
Speaker 7: Give you a little burgod you get that and you gotta download the app, and you got to order it on that app.
Speaker 1: And this too much? Just give me my burguse Give sure you got to do the same with I hopy. I'm sure you got to fill something out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, if y'all go in, make sure y'all y'all donate a dollar. But in more money news, I wanted folks to know about this because this is important.
Speaker 3: It's tax season.
Speaker 10: Let's listen to Atlanta Fox five for the report on how you may get a larger refund.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 14: Last year, we had some big numbers. Thirty two hundred dollars was the average refrunt from last year.
Speaker 1: Whether you get the same.
Speaker 14: Or more really depends upon how your income did over the last twelve months. If you saw a substantial raise in your paycheck, because a lot of people did, you'll probably get.
Speaker 1: About the same.
Speaker 14: If your income stayed the same or only went up a little bit, then you actually could expect a higher refund because two things happened. Number one is they adjusted up the standard deduction. They gave you more of those free deductions, and every year they adjust the tax tables for inflation. So if you're earning more seven percent or so, you're gonna pay about the same amount. But if your income stayed about the same, expect a bigger refund this year.
Speaker 6: Tax refunds, what of those?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: God bless everybody that's getting one. I hope this is as big as the Super Bowl. I have no idea what a tax refund is.
Speaker 10: I haven't sat one since my son, but I would say this is a big deal. You know, the IRIS is expecting one hundred and twenty eight point seven million individual tax returns this year.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a big deal.
Speaker 10: You know, people be all of a sudden, you know, getting back together with old loves, you know, waiting on that tax return and trying to get to you know how I go just.
Speaker 5: Yes, come around to seeing their kids.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly, say the family alsans and all of this. So this is important probably for a lot of our listeners. So it will be a difference of about three to four hundred dollars increase.
Speaker 3: And I wander the story guys again, because inflation.
Speaker 10: You know, we talked so much about inflation, inflation, inflation, and so this is one of those ways, one of the things that they're showing that the IRS has recognized that there's been inflation, and this is kind of a way to make it even for those who are receiving a tax return.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I have no problem with paying taxes. I have a problem with not knowing where my tax dollars are going. I wish that you know, we individually, could you know, specifically, say where we want our tax money to go. I wanted to go to this initiative. I wanted to go to you know, this community program. If I knew exactly where my tax dollars were going, I would have no problem paying this money. Just be disappearance, just like, hey, let me get that, let me get that. You don't even know who that's going to.
Speaker 1: I'm not with you. I don't want to pay taxes as much. Yeah, yeah, where it's going, he said, I would rather.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, being a lot, being that we're black, I think you know that should be you know, off off our form of reparations. If you make over a certain amount of money, you shouldn't have to pay tax.
Speaker 1: Oh wowations with your No, no.
Speaker 13: No no.
Speaker 6: If you if you make over a certain amount of money, you shouldn't have to pay taxes. If you don't make a certain amount of money, then you should be getting some form of reparation. Should getting a check if you make a certain amount of money, which you shouldn't have to pay.
Speaker 1: Tax I'm with you, Charlamagne, President, let's go. I'm I'm going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 10: And following that type of movement, go on Twitter and hashtag cut the check.
Speaker 3: So people are actually advocating for that, Charlemagne. So a great idea.
Speaker 10: Maybe they'll listen. Now, some other stuff that you that people may need to be listening is Uber now. If you are, this is important because Valentine's Day, a lot of people may be ordering door Dash. You may be flying in to an airport, and I want to let you know Uber living. Door Dash drivers plan to strike on Valentine's Day to talk about their lower pay and unsafe work condition. Ride Shared Drivers United and Independent Union said that lifting Uber drivers will turn off their apps to protest significant decrease in pay that they felt.
Speaker 3: In the Winner Now.
Speaker 10: The Justice for App Workers Coalition, which represents more than one hundred thousand drivers, issued a statement that we're sick of working eighty hours a week just to make ends meet, being constantly scared for our safety, and worrying about being deactivated with one click of a button. The group says its members will not be taking rides to and from the airports in ten cities on Valentine's Day. Here it is Austin, Chicago, Hartford, Miami, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Providence, and Tampa. So if you're flying in and usually take a lift, they saying, get somebody else to do it, now, DoorDash. They haven't said that they're looking at any particular cities, but they are included in this report as well. So if you're ordering food, you might be stuck like Chuck, you need a ride, you better get somebody else. And now Uber has downplayed this and said that they tried this protest before, and so they said basically, do you drivers, because it didn't make a difference. Thus they pretty much blew it off. But yeah, they said, do you.
Speaker 9: We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't care what they said. We we did all right when y'all tried this last year.
Speaker 10: But Lyft did say in an effort to address pay concerns, they did promised drivers will receive at least seventy percent of their money. So what you guys think, you think everybody should turn off the app or make a statement of what I mean. Lyft is high as hell, like all of that stuff is out, Like you know what I mean to get around New York because I don't want to drive, Like I'll pay like eighty dollars to go down the street, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is yeah, this is what Lyft. I do understand. They don't get.
Speaker 10: And then I talk to a lot of Lyft drivers too, and they say no that they don't really get a lot of their money, A lot of the everybody says that, yep, yeah I did notice that.
Speaker 6: So what they don't do another driver? Will you know what I mean? But I do encourage the protests. They feel like they're not making no money. But today is the day that people gonna be at home cooking anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah right right at the restaurant, well, sometimes people be ordered, but sometimes people ordered door dass pretending that they made the fo That's a big thing on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: Though you don't think I.
Speaker 6: Was, you know, I was thinking about I was thinking about do people get snowed in on purpose? Like we always have these convos about getting fluid out, but when it's snows are supposed to be a terrible snowstorm somewhere, that you go and get snowed in on purpose?
Speaker 1: With people?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I used to like getting snowed in, especially with somebody, like really very much.
Speaker 1: What you do thexactly?
Speaker 10: You can't get it right home all the time, like oh my god, you know.
Speaker 1: I hope they say no.
Speaker 10: Just stay here it's supposed to be Yeah, oh yeah, I ain't got hope. Now, Sometimes if you ugly you get stick over somebody house They like, oh no, I'm gonna shovel.
Speaker 1: Help get out of here.
Speaker 20: But I was like, yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Striking. I'm gonna drive you.
Speaker 5: It's still okay. Taxi is out here for sure.
Speaker 1: I got old wheel drive. I dropped you, all right.
Speaker 10: Just you need to upfload. That skit just actually has a skit tending to be sleep. I saw the skits you did. Yeah, I got to sing you home and just pretends.
Speaker 7: To be and then yeah, what you doing? You gotta go, you gotta go now, all right, well that is front page.
Speaker 5: It was take it all right, peace.
Speaker 6: Make sure you follow that testling figure on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 1: iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, Kingsley benn Add will be joining us. He plays Bob Marley in the new flick One Love, and we're gonna chop it up with him when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Clug of Oneing.
Speaker 2: Thank you for not calling the Brother the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning, everybody. It's DJ n G Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: We got a special guest in the Buildings Man Kingsley benn Adda, Did I say it right? Yes, yes, playing Bob Marley in the new movie Bob Marley One Love Story which comes out Valentine's dad.
Speaker 17: Welcome, nice to be where your locks? Where they're gone? They're They're in a cupboard somewhere. Took them up, put them in a box, looked him up.
Speaker 6: Whoever did that did a great usually used to people with dread locks and they look so stupid, the dreadlocks.
Speaker 17: Marris Morris and Carlum and they were prepping that from the same time when I started prepping. So it was like Morris is as a dreads specialist, and you know, it's not even just the hair.
Speaker 1: He did for me.
Speaker 17: He took all them boys who came from Jamaica. They're all rasta. So he took out their dreads, you know, by hand, and he put them in like sacred boxes, stored them and then Reid did their put new dreads in their hair, water like suit the characters from the time, and then when the film was done, he got their dreads and he put them back in. But for a lot of them it was it was really emotional and they was doing it for Bob because they love Bob and they're all connected to Bob, you know, a lot of them. A lot of the guys who were playing the band members are the children of the actual band members, so they're all rust And they took out their hair for the film and then they put it back.
Speaker 1: It was a lot, you know, it was what do you mean he took the hair out? Like they got it? What do you mean? Took it out?
Speaker 17: So like Sheldon came with his own dreads, real real, real dreads, and then Morris took them out, cut them out, like picked them out and left hair there and put dreads in. And then at the end of the film he's taking out them dreads and then put their original dreads back in. So yeah, the whole dreads thing was like that was one of the first conversations I have with ZIGGI. It was like, Yo, authenticity of of how Bob speaks, you know, has to be at the forefront of the side. I can't get involved. And he was the same, you know, and and and.
Speaker 1: Also the hair.
Speaker 17: I was like, it's not I ain't got nothing to do with it, but just make sure that if you need to put ten million into the hair. Then that's what we need to do. So you know it was Yeah, the hair and the hair and the bob talk was the top.
Speaker 1: I'm a little slow, king, How the hell do you put the hair back in?
Speaker 17: I ain't got a clue, especially.
Speaker 5: You tutorials on how to put something we're not going to see.
Speaker 7: Regular hell, because they had they would have to cut it out. Here, you have to cut it out and then no.
Speaker 10: No, no, no no sos. You combed them out like you can comb hair. Yeah, you calmbed them out, and then you people make the likes that I had like week last week, the girl made them with out of real hair.
Speaker 5: These are full of these from Amazon, like, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I didn't know that. I didn't know it was a thing.
Speaker 17: And I met them once their new hair had been put in, so I only knew them with that hair. I only realized when I see them after that they had different dreads. But yeah, it was a whole I don't know how we found him Morris, because he's he's like, you know, he's a one of a kind. You know that was in the in the industry. You know, he came and he and then he ended up just taking care of a lot of stuff. You know, he was on set with us every day and he's working on the Shawanna now on all of our work.
Speaker 6: The British accident isn't that much different from the Jamaican accent though, now that I'm hearing you talk, yeah, because you spent so much time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I disagree.
Speaker 17: I feel like I feel like, you know, the wind right, like the black the black community in London anyway was you know, it's a huge Caribbean culture and I feel like a lot of Jamaican dialect has seeped into London culture. So you know, the way we grew up talking was half Cockney, half Jamaican. That's kind of what the slang is in the UK. But the patois really for me, it's a different language.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 17: We could be in here with two guys from Jamaica who are like from somewhere I don't know, and they could talk for five ten minutes and we will't have a clue what they're saying. Yes, And I found myself in that situation a bunch of times, and I was like, well, this is a whole thing. This is not something where I can just like take nine months and learn Jamaican. It just was never going to be one of those ones. So we had a whole operation in place, made by Frederick Cassidy, and so it really it really did you know, Like there's part like I had, I took months to kind of translate everything Bub was saying. If I was in time into this film, yeah, I was misinterpreting things Bub was saying, do you know what I mean? Misinterpreting things? He was saying, I wasn't just not understanding. There was things that I thought I understood. And then actually I get Jamaican to come out into my house and help me translate, and he's getting no, no, no, this is saying something else.
Speaker 1: You're an example in our found with I.
Speaker 17: Would say this thing when he's saying, I find where you know, I fund where you know, and he's saying in a.
Speaker 1: Form where so it was just a connecting sentence.
Speaker 17: My little things like that in the middle of conversations throw you you know, and like I mean in a form where you know. It's just like it's just an expression that he and Bob took the way that Bob talked, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So I still don't know what that meaning you said it three times in a form where so.
Speaker 5: It would it be like from a standpoint.
Speaker 17: Of exactly right, exactly, And I was like, without Jamaicans, there's no way that I was going to be able to understand translate something I mean.
Speaker 1: And the list goes on.
Speaker 17: I mean, I had hundreds of pages of Bob Talk where I'm like, I don't know what I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 5: So would you say that was the most complicated part of the role.
Speaker 17: Yeah, for sure. For sure the music I'm starting from scratch. But with the music, I'm I was always like, I just get as far as I can get to, you know, and then you can do things with the camera and there's going to be a lot of support there. But I guess with the with the Patois, there was a moment where I thought, oh, let me see how far I can get with this, and then a few months in I was I was emailing, tough, gone and we need a lot of help, Like, I'm not going to be able to just come in and willing nearly.
Speaker 1: Patois. It's not it's not.
Speaker 17: It's not one of them things there, And I'm like, just because I've grown up with Jamaican's it don't mean anything really, like the language. You could spend ten years trying to prep Bob and still have a way to go. And Bob's coming from born in the country, grew up in trench Town, and then traveled, so there's the patois. But then it's how Bob talked, and how Bob talked. No one talked like him. So yeah, it was a journey. But there wasn't a day on set where I wasn't surrounded by people who knew so I felt I felt good, like we were never going to move on unless it was right. So and that was the one thing I felt like I can fully take care of. I can't take care of looking exactly like Bob. Bob's five seven, I'm six too, you know, there's so many physical differences between us. And he's a genius, he's a musical genius. But his voice and how he spoke, and the authenticity of that, as like the whole cultures in the way that Bob talks, like the way that he speaks has to be reflected. There's no there can be no dumbing down of it, like there's no whitewashing it, you know, and then let's let's let's do it how Bob talks, and then afterwards when he's lot in post production, you can figure out how much people understand and how much they don't.
Speaker 1: What made you audition for this? At first thought?
Speaker 17: At first I was I thought there must have been a mistake of some sort, you know, just one of them auditions where I'm like, I'm mixed. So I guess everyone mixed is auditioning for this and it was silly, and so I must have passed on it just thinking it was like a general you know, hundreds of us doing it. And then it just started coming back that the Marley family were involved, which I didn't know. And then I heard that had done King Richard, and I saw an early cut of it, and I was like, if the family are involved and there's there's nothing to lose, you know, let me let me throw something out there and then at least we can have a conversation if they want, but nothing to lose. And I know, addition, and Ziggy wanted to meet me, so really it was it was really spending time with the family and understanding that they wanted to do a kind of tribute to their dads. You know, it was a kind of love letter to their dad, and they wanted to share with the fans aside to Bob that people don't necessarily know, which is that he was a human being, you know, which was that he was a guy who went for a lot and man struggled.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, I think they talk about his revolution a lot, but you don't get to see what fueled him being a revolutionary.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, no, And at this time with the film set, like he was just going for a lot, you know.
Speaker 1: He had the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Speaker 17: And I think, yeah, it was really the family, like the family's involvement and an understanding that authenticity was really most important for them and for the studio and for me, so you know, I was just being in service to them.
Speaker 7: We got more with Kingsley, been a there when we come back. He's playing Bob Marley in the One Love movie. It comes out this Valentine's They keep a lockice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: The morning we're.
Speaker 7: Yllas DJ MV Jesse, Larry is showing me and the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Kingsley. Ben a Deer who plays Bob Marley in the one love flick Chollo me.
Speaker 6: The kids didn't weren't upset about you playing the father, Like noneing didn't wanted to play the role.
Speaker 5: No, they picked No.
Speaker 17: I think Skip auditioned to play the younger Bob and it didn't work out. It's a thing about casting. You know, so many stories and people's feelings, you know, get hurt and stuff. But when you're on the inside, you're like, oh, it's not the conspiracy that everyone thinks, oh Ziggy and that they want to play that dad and they're older. You got they needed to find someone to play Bob between thirty three and thirty six years old. That's pretty you know, it can be tricky and so but no, I don't, I don't. I don't know Ziggy in the family. They approved it, and so I was like, all right, cool, if he was, that's what he was not wanting, and you know, I'm here to help.
Speaker 7: Did you ever want to quick because you said it was difficult with their difficult with the Patois.
Speaker 1: Did you ever say, you know what, maybe the same for me? Yeah? I did at what point.
Speaker 17: Very close to filming, But I was like, if I pull out of this, you know, it's not just me, it's all the money that's gone into pre production, and it's like, if you want to work again, I wouldn't advise you.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 17: I did have a moment a couple of weeks before we started. I was just like, there's a mountain to climb, you know, and all of the music and the stems were coming in and songs were changing, and I was like, yeah, just one day at a time.
Speaker 1: It's just one day at a time.
Speaker 17: And really, really what happened was we got to set and Neville Garret's there. It was Bob's like close, close friend who was with Bob the whole time Bob was creating Exodus and touring Exodus. Never was with him, never was in the room with Bob writing down the songs when Bob was composing them, and never was on stage all of them concerts, and never was with me every day on set. So I felt like, if Neville didn't like Sime, he's going to tell me straight, and he did a lot of times. Yeah, So I just always felt Satin's not right. We've got the time to like stop and figure it out. And really it's only just a tribute to Bob to try and find a little bit of his spirit and his essence. I feel like everyone involved knows that you can't copy Bob and you can't beat Bobby's kind of too big in a way. So it's just there was an understanding that this is just an interpretation of his vulnerability and his feeling and what some of what he might have been going through at that time, and you know, just to celebrate him a little bit.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something, I'm happy that this movie is coming out on Valentine's Day because it's not just a story about Bob. It's a love story between Bob and read Like. That's what I liked about it. How did you feel about that? Yeah, I didn't really know. I mean that sort of evolved as we were shooting.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Lashana and I we were working seven months leading up to filming, and I guess that's the thing with films. You shoot three and a half four hours and then they cut it down to two. So all the things that stay in and don't stay in, and how they kind of tweak it and kind of make it is you know, it's over to them after you rap. But it's a love story between them and but more that kind of unconditional love when you've known someone for that long and you've shared all that experience and the love that is expressed when you're not talking, you know, and when there's no words.
Speaker 1: But yeah, is that we went to Bob only growing up as a kid. Did you know all the music and know everything about him? Was a lot of this you learned as filming.
Speaker 17: Like I learned everything about Bob for the first time. I felt, I felt like I knew him just because I've always known him music.
Speaker 1: I don't even know when.
Speaker 17: I don't even know when I really first heard Bob because Bob's just always been in the house and not in Hill.
Speaker 1: Carnival was a big thing growing up, and I.
Speaker 17: Was getting Carnival from when I was like three, three four years old or once I started checking in. I was like, well, I really don't know anything about this guy other than that I knew he's half white, you know, like he's mixed.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Like I didn't really understand like he's really from the ghetto, like he really grew up in trench Town. And yeah, there's a lot of sides to Bob. So I say I found out everything for the first time through his friends and for his family. I spent a lot of time with people who grew up with Bob before he was famous, which was some of my most interesting conversations. You know, Lego, I've spent time with him on Orange Street and in his studio, just talking about the old time. But watching them remember Bob, watching them remember him with such funness and sadness and love. You know, it's really just trying to get the information I'm trying to get from them is like what was Bob Black when he was on his own? What was Bob Black when he was like feeling down? Like, what was Bob Black when he was having a rough day? The idea of him as an icon and all of that, that's there, the soundbites.
Speaker 1: Everyone wants to tell you.
Speaker 17: They want to tell you all the fun bits that you've seen and you've seen them in the documentary. Saying it, but trying to understand just like his like his humanity, Yeah, just so I can connect him as a human being and not like a hero, like that's a given.
Speaker 5: Did you do all of the singing and the movies?
Speaker 17: I sung everything. I sung everything on set? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Which it was never the plan for me to sing in the film. We're always going to use Bob stems because people want to listen to Bob and they want to listen to me, right, And no one can sing that Bob. You can't sing that Bob because he's singing from such it's so rough, but it's so from here. It's actually his commitment to what he's saying that creates that energy as well as his tone and all of those So you can't really copy it as beautifully as all his sons can sing. No one can actually get his match.
Speaker 6: So, and he was an ordained messenger, Like I feel like he was divinely appointed to be a messenger.
Speaker 17: That's what his name meant, right, like nest to the messenger. Yeah, and Bob felt like he was in service, you know, if he was in service to his majesty.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 17: So he's singing for his life in a way.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 17: It's it's about Yeah, it's about spreading the message. And all of his songs, you know, when you clock all it. When I started translating the lyrics of all of his song, I was like, God is really in all of this, all of his music jamming like all of them songs he's talking about God. You know, it's really fascinating. But yeah, I sung everything because emotionally speaking in the face, if you're not singing, I don't think. I didn't feel like I could pretend. But also that Bob woke up every day and I wrote songs. I felt was like if I was playing a footballer and I never kicked the ball. So I just wanted to learn to just understand what you're feeling with the instrument is and the feeling of it, you know. And then in the room we did some acoustic stuff and Ziggi was supposed to come and dub it, and he left my voice. So there's a bit of me singing in the film, which was never planned. But I had months a singing lesson, so I'm glad they came.
Speaker 5: With level of expertise. Was your voice on great? Yeah, at least you can admit that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 17: No, no, no, not great at all, Not great at all. You've got to look after your instrument, man, those singers, they got to look after their voices.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like steaming and all of that stuff.
Speaker 10: These past couple of years, you played like different characters, though you played Barack Obama, Malcolm X in One Night in Miami, Basketball, Ken in.
Speaker 5: A Barbie movie. Baba, Yeah, how is that mentally the switch?
Speaker 17: Like I don't find I don't find the switch, and I feel that.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 17: Yeah, for me, it's just more it's a it's a preparation thing, and then five minutes before action, I just need to concentrate and make sure I've done my homework, and I don't know what I'm doing, you know what I mean. I don't feel I think as well, just coming up as a as a working actor, you have to be ready when you need to be ready. So there's not that luxury of I'm doing this role and now I've got six months to prepare on my own. It's like someone's dropped out. You got two weeks to prep one night at Miami, so you just have to get ready.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 17: It's like you finished Secret Invasion on the twelfth of March. You're starting Barbie on Monday, so you just thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I enjoyed that. I enjoyed. I enjoyed playing that role because the reason why I took it wasn't because the writing was great at all. It's nothing to do with the writing they just sent me two little teaser scenes, one with Samuel at the end and one with Ben Mendelson, and I was like, Oh, this guy really wants everyone to burn. You know, there's no I feel like he's gone in his mind, he's gone, power hungry, power hungry, but also just like he's only gonna feel. I don't think he feels anything other than when he sees other people experiencing the pain that he feels subconsciously or not. So like, he only feels alive when I see you in as much pain as I feel with myself.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I don't.
Speaker 17: I've never been offered that kind of role, so I just have to take it regardless of what show it is or what it's in. But it's fun. It's fun to play that because it's just called a bag of secrets, Bag of dark secrets.
Speaker 1: I will move.
Speaker 7: We got more with Kingsley, Benadere It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning shots, dj MB just hilarious. Charalamine the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Kingsley, been a deer Charlomye.
Speaker 6: About the backlash that comes with being a British actor getting to play American icons like President Obama, like Malcolm X even playing you know, Jamaican icon like Bob Marley.
Speaker 17: People do not like.
Speaker 1: That, like you're stealing all the roles. I hear it again.
Speaker 17: I feel like when you each casting situation is different. So when it comes to opportunity, the first question is has everyone had an opportunity to audition? Has everyone who should had an opportunity to put their foot in the door where they get to put their best self forward and where it just depends on the casting is that each situation is different, So some people can't get their first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth choice all busy not available. Seventh choice would be amazing. He's not finishing the job till February. When these films go, when they get that green light, there's a moment where they're trying to make it. Now they're not waiting for anyone, so it's really becomes about availability. When they came to me with Bob, I was like, you have you been on a world wide search? Yes, we have, go on another one. Really make sure you know when.
Speaker 1: It came out, would you like make sure it's not me?
Speaker 17: Well, yeah, because you want to make sure you want to make sure, Yeah, exactly, you want to make sure I'm the best person. I'm not because I've been in that situation before. I couldn't get an audition for a any of those London things like Kid Orhood or Top Boy or any of that. The casting directs at home they would never see me for that role because they see me like the Bridgeton guy, whereas I'm like, no, no, no, That's how I grew up. I just went to a drama school that knocked my accent out of me for eight years, and I've just had to try and find it back. Some English institution that told us that we couldn't talk the way that we were supposed to talk. I think to talk about this as a whole becomes really difficult. I can only talk for the specific examples of the castings that I've been in, and I tell you straight. Andre Holland dropped out of one night in Miami, and Regina had two weeks to cast it, and then there was three of us, and then the guy who I was up against. He didn't have the experience to hold the film in the way that I did because of his age. He would have been a twenty seven year old Malcolm, and it didn't make sense. They did not want to put me in that role. It was just because the film is about to go. They need to get it going, you know. And really, I can talk for Bob and I can talk for that and that's it. I just got to make sure that when I'm going in for something that my thing is, who have you seen?
Speaker 1: Why are you coming to me?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 17: And I think the family came to me because our first conversation was about the emotional vulnerability of Bob.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 17: No mimicry, no impersonation, no trying to like be him or copy him. This is a this is a this is a love letter to your father. So I'm going to try and tap into his feeling a little bit, and that's it, just a little bit of his essence and I'm done.
Speaker 6: It's okay to say you good. It's okay to say I'm better than everybody else. It's okay to say I get these roles because I'm a.
Speaker 17: Great I don't think that's true. I don't think that's true. Like I don't think that's true. I just don't. I don't. I don't, well, at least I don't see it like that, because you're only as good as the work you put in on the day. You're you're two seconds away from being really really bad if you switch off. And that's the way that I go at everything. It's starting again.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 17: It's not like I went into Barbie with the same energy I went into Bob. Because it's about the work and it's about the craft.
Speaker 1: That's just me. Maybe I need to out a little bit.
Speaker 10: But a critic of yourself, like you could seem to be even like you know, hard on yourself about things you ever give yourself bad reviews?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm learning.
Speaker 17: I'm learning to be much kinder because it's you know, you can just get tiring for yourself. But yeah, I know, I feel like it's the work and it's the experience.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 17: For me, it's about the experience of the shoot. The experience of making Bob was two years getting to know him with his friends and family before filming. Yeah, and even up until now, just spending time with the people who love him and knew him.
Speaker 2: But you did the work.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so like what a joy, you know, like regardless of the film and whatever happens with it, For me, that's two years of my life.
Speaker 1: That's my life with them, you know, and I'll cherish that to you. For me as well.
Speaker 17: With work, it's as much about the experience as well. It's when I see that secret Invasion thing, I was like, yeah, this is ten days with Samuel Jackson on set. Taking the job just for that. I just want to be around him for ten days, you know, And it was ended up being free for months, and then I get to learn from him.
Speaker 1: What did he teach you? What was the lesson that he told you? Pro and like great cursor too, fantastic love person.
Speaker 17: And funny and funny. But when he's on the floor when we started doing some of those scenes, when he gets excited and wants to turn it on, it becomes really exciting because you're like, Sam.
Speaker 1: Can do it. You know, he's one of the greats.
Speaker 17: I don't know, I don't know how to summarize a word what I got from him, but it was definitely like, you know, I really really enjoyed being around him. And Ben Mendelssohn as well. Those two were the reasons why I took the job. I was like, I'm definitely gonna be able to learn Sam from these guys you know. And Sam. Sam's very kind, like very very kind. He's got so much time for like young people around. He has a heightened awareness of like I mean, he's been famous for how long man he can't go anywhere, but he still makes the time for everyone. And he said, Sam likes to do one take or two takes, you know, one and done. Sometimes I need eight or nine and he's there. He's that you take as much time as you need. I'm right here. And they'd be on his feet every time. And I love that because a lot of actors will go back to the trailer, they go home, and they'll get their standing to come in and act with you.
Speaker 1: Sam did not leave me once.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I really appreciated that, and just funny, funny.
Speaker 6: Did did Ziggy really remember a lot of stuff because he was young then, like seeing I'm thinking about in particular was the shooting that happened.
Speaker 1: The drive by. He remembered that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Ziggy's got memories. Yeah, Ziggy's got memories. And that bit of the airport at the end. Somehow when his dad come back, I didn't understand that Ziggy Ziggy made it to the airport and no one knew how he got there. At like nine years old, he heard his dad was coming and he found himself like running in the crowd, running in the crowd, and no one knows how he got there. He can't remember how he got there, but he was there. So I was about getting that moment in but.
Speaker 1: It really happened like Bob, Bob saw him in the Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, I believe. So that's why a lot of my conversations with Neville, with Tyrone and with Lego, like the guys who are Bob's age, who remembering them like I would remember my power, you know, they were really the stories about Bob's personality and it's feeling around the time. You know, all my information came through them as it related to that.
Speaker 1: You read all the books.
Speaker 17: And then he's like, isn't that and you can find in these books really apart from timelines, you know, but Lego and Lenny Dread. There's a guy called Lenny Dread who came over from Saint Kitts when he was like sixteen seventeen and he camped outside Bob's mom's house in Miami because he had a vision that he wanted to work for Bob one day. So he just went and stayed outside the house for weeks and Bob was on tour, and then Bob came back one day and he told Bob that he had a dream that he wanted to work for him. Man still works in the house today.
Speaker 1: Wow. And I spent three hours.
Speaker 17: With him in Bob's my mass and he took me into you know, Bob's room at the time, so where they would have had all family birthdays and everything like that.
Speaker 1: And I had a.
Speaker 17: Four hour conversation with him where he was telling me like what Bob was like and his energy and I'd be one in And then those were the things that I think I absorbed in some way, you know, from those Lenny Draddon, Desi and Lego what Great?
Speaker 6: What about when Bob was dealing with, you know, the cancer that ultimately took his life. In the movie, it's played in like a really nonchalant way.
Speaker 19: He was telling them, y'all know, talking about Bob is the icon, but some people don't want you don't know.
Speaker 1: And if I don't know that it's Bob Marley, come on, yeah, I don't think that I doesn't give too much away because everybody but No, the movie is really good.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think you did a great, great job as Bob.
Speaker 6: I don't have anything to reference it to, you know what I mean, because I didn't grow up in the air Obabma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you Cap. There's the essence you captured for sure. Thank you. I appreciate, appreciate everybody. Go out and check it out.
Speaker 7: It comes out this Valentine's Day, a perfect Valentine's Day thing.
Speaker 6: It's a love story man, between Read and Bob. It really, it really is.
Speaker 1: And Kings, we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna back finding this shop. I've been what she's on YouTube all the time, so I'm to be thank you guys.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning nice. All right, Well let's get to just the mess.
Speaker 9: Jesus real robber Lord.
Speaker 10: That's don't do is gonna bring you numbers on the.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Statist Mike Epsen Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 10: All right, so, during a recent interview, well no, during a recent Stand Up Mike episode, some jokes about Shannon Sharp claiming that he asked Mike to be on club shake Shape plea number one.
Speaker 21: Shanny Sharp called me trying to do an interview. I said, no, Medea, I ain't. So you can sit across from me and look at my gonna take cat.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 10: Shannon Sharp reacted to the footage of the stand up on an episode of Nightcap Think.
Speaker 16: My Name Again, and I'm gonna put and I'm gonna release the d M behind your line you said.
Speaker 1: I reached out to you to come on club and you a mofo. Lie. Now when I see you, I'm gonna see you.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna see if you now.
Speaker 10: Mike App shared a video in response to Shannon Shop's reaction.
Speaker 22: And manute, Now, I know I don't know what's growing. Man got a dave, but I know this brown man is not mad and me. So many people talk crazy about you. They was on Saturday Night Live talking about you, imitating you.
Speaker 5: But but this just plays to like the fact, remember you just told me last week.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 5: You know comedians love that's what you know. They love exaggerate, Yeah, probably saggerate.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, But don't just lie on people, because remember I told you I had a problem with a comedian line on me.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying on on a show, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I just like about was to lie.
Speaker 10: That he asked him to be on the show. Like he said that Shannon Shop asked him to be on the show. But if we've been following this, you know what I'm saying, we we.
Speaker 5: Been can't wait? I mean I can't.
Speaker 10: When Cat Williams sat down with Shannon Sharp Mike Epps, he wanted attention from that.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Number four, This is what he said.
Speaker 4: First, I did get a little jealous, man, Kat broke the internet and didn't say my name good or bad. I need the press too say something about me in there, man, say something bad about me.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I got a special coming out.
Speaker 2: I need the press, you know.
Speaker 5: And even though you know he said everything like he joking, he was dead, They're serious.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 10: He wanted some attention on it and then other things that he'd just been saying that. So of course he takes to the stage because Mike puts everything on the stage as a comedian.
Speaker 6: Shit.
Speaker 5: But he just he just lied.
Speaker 10: People just got a problem with you lined on their name, like you know, and I understand I understand the same thing. You know you you don't lie now, Shannon Sharp said he could care less about all of the gay things. He said, So that's been a rumor for the longest time. Whatever he called he called that nigga. But did you know what I mean, I ain't gonna sit up on that couch.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand what all these grown ass people doing, Like I don't need to shay shay versus day day versus like. And you know, if you're in and that's that's the energy Shannon gonna have to expect when you're having those kinds of conversations, when you're having those kind of kind of conversations and it's turning up this kind of controversy and you've given you an input a little bit in some of these conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are gonna start.
Speaker 7: Coming to junior people gonna clap back and just the game and understanding here what you said.
Speaker 1: But keep it moving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, well that's good.
Speaker 10: I mean, but but uh, last night, late last night, Shannon Shop he did take to x which is what formerly known as Twitter, and and he said that they actually had a conversation and that they're going to have a deeper conversation because they're expected to see each other All Star Week or whatever.
Speaker 5: Ye yep, so then that's coming up soon.
Speaker 10: What Mike Epps is probably still pissed about is Shannon shop been saying, right, just come on my show and let's talk about it.
Speaker 19: He did all that still and get on the show. But they're gonna have a conversation about it. And I'm glad they spoke because it was going a little too far.
Speaker 5: It was it was no more.
Speaker 7: He was said, I don't fight no more. If you know what I mean, I don't fight. You know it was gonna go there, you know what I mean? Yeah, it was too much. And all stars in Indianapolis in Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: And that is especially sass.
Speaker 1: You Mike them build a whole block there.
Speaker 5: King of that place.
Speaker 1: And first of all, but why everybody acting like they nineteen? We're grown?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's why I shout out the OCHO single man. He definitely oo was on there like trying to calm it down. He was like a little scrappy dude like, yeah, yeah, I don't know where you're going with this, but I'm with you, like he was. He was being trying to make it funny and trying to calm Shannon down, but Shannon was dead that serious he was not with none of that.
Speaker 15: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Listen, man, our bones hurt winning range when you get to a certain nage.
Speaker 1: Okay, they don't need.
Speaker 5: To be having anything big ones the big man, what.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you. And I think a lot of this has to do with social media. It's like being in high school because like you and a person might be having a conversation, somebody.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, yeah.
Speaker 5: That's the comments, data commentation.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly and not enough uns pretty big ain't fighting is.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not. I don't care if you how old you are. I'm not like so like. But like Mike said, peer.
Speaker 6: Peerm ain't no way the conversation shot.
Speaker 10: But you gotta understand when yeah, when you're in a line like like that, you have a podcast as big as that's, people want to talk about you.
Speaker 5: But people still shouldn't lie.
Speaker 10: That's my thing to Tyree's blames break up with Zelly on songs about his ex. Tyree is promoting his album Beautiful Pain, which he was up here a couple of months ago promoting, and what I found interesting was on the Super Bowl night he had posted this, uh, this trailer that he has and I think, like he made it hisself, but he had posted it and mistake.
Speaker 1: My lawyer is my managers. Everybody's pissed.
Speaker 18: I just released my double album today, but it's only available for ten hours. Fifty Cat Williams Kanye forgive me, I use you for clickbait.
Speaker 1: Watch the trailer. I actually got married to do it for the rest of my life. Reason one day, I woke up and just.
Speaker 10: Like, okay, so that's just a little snippet of the trailer. But he posted it and then he deleted it. Yeah, but I think I think what it was is what he said my team. Everybody's mad at me, like for posting it. And I don't even think he had to apologize or.
Speaker 1: He realized this super Bowl Sunday and nobody cares.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nobody cared, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: But like even his team, his team got to care about him, so they just was probably like take that down. Nobody like, no, come on, But it did still reach blogs. The next day he reposted it or whatever, or you know, probably sent it the bugs either way, but it's out there now. Apparently his girlfriend left him because she's sick of him always talking about his ex Samantha, you know, but it may be a publicity stunt.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe may did y'all support your brother?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he's my brother.
Speaker 10: But I'm sorry, I can't posting everything.
Speaker 5: Somebody asked me to post hilarious.
Speaker 1: He's a cousin. He's a cousin.
Speaker 7: He's yeah, all right, one time he was my second cousin.
Speaker 10: Second, so he might be my boyfriend cousin, right, So yeah, that's that's cool. But yeah, yeah, it may be a publicity stun. I don't think the girl is going anywhere. But this is all to download Beautiful Pain, which is a great album.
Speaker 6: Also, 'au need the download, tyres You need to call me and let me put together a publicity stunch. I could put together way better marketing than that. Okay, number one, there was no reason for you to put that out on Super Bowl Sunday. You got the Super Bowl, you got Kansas City Chiefs, Fantasys, be for nine Ers, Usher, Beyonce dropped music and a fire commercial Taylor.
Speaker 1: Swift, then Tyrese, one of those things is not belong.
Speaker 5: And then he apologized the fifty Kanye.
Speaker 1: Why he apologized that it.
Speaker 10: Was because in the beginning of the trailer, the video to grab people's attention.
Speaker 5: He put up his middle finger like you know, f y'all, you know what.
Speaker 10: I mean, like just click bait like so he apologized it, but I don't think they saw it or was worried about it anyway.
Speaker 1: So okay, it's beautiful paint out, I believe so well.
Speaker 6: Congratulations to Tyree on finally pushing out his beautiful paint album Tyree dot TV go there now. Let me see if I'm reading this verd beati. I never this is a DM he sent me. I never asked please post this on your I g oh my god, why are you Rengratulations the Tyree on finally pushing out his beautiful paining album reached.
Speaker 1: Dot tv go there now. He wrote that for you? Yeah, he said you that don't did y'all post it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Are we shouting him out?
Speaker 10: Your magazin't send it to you?
Speaker 1: I want to send it to you. Needly you should play his record?
Speaker 2: Did he put it?
Speaker 1: And he sent a record? He took me out the group chat. No, let's do that.
Speaker 5: He say he don't like him.
Speaker 10: He said, I don't like people that act like they like me for the cameras, but they really don't like me behind closed doors, he say, I don't know, like I don't deal with me no more.
Speaker 1: I don't blame him. He's Latino.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why y'all should be cool.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, you think lamegas gona play his music?
Speaker 6: You think like this man station anything of beautiful?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like that. I read sent us the recordsho we could play it?
Speaker 7: Man, alright, send us a records he that.
Speaker 1: Is just with the mess.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back charlamonneho, you give me your dounkin.
Speaker 6: Too, man, for after the hour, we need Nina Denson to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 6: She is a principal at Washington Elementary School in California.
Speaker 1: And humans going human we'll talk, all right, We'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club one morning wake you're like.
Speaker 2: Into the breakfast club.
Speaker 19: I was, damn, but hell, it's time.
Speaker 1: I mean trying to be dounky today.
Speaker 10: No more.
Speaker 6: They should be embarrassed by what they are. He did, I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 19: Called Donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 5: Damn Chloman, who got the Donkey of the Day to.
Speaker 6: Day, Well donkey Today for Tuesday, February thirteenth, Just hilarious is born. Day goes to a principal at Washington Elementary School named Nina Denson. Now, Nina has been put on a leave of absence, and rightfully so because humans just be human in man, There's no doubt in my mind God looks at us sometimes as defective product because I just don't understand why folks be doing what they doing.
Speaker 1: Now, Nina is the principal, the principle, not.
Speaker 6: A teacher, not a guidance counselor the principle of the whole damn school, the person with the highest authority in the whole damn school. And she was pretending to shoot kids and announcing they were dead during an active shooter at lockdown drill. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's call to Katla five for the report.
Speaker 23: Police children and parents upset by what the school principle did during a lockdown drill.
Speaker 24: She proceeded to walk around the campus and pretend to shoot people she saw, using finger movements and banging on the window. From what I heard, one of the students was told.
Speaker 23: Whom your dad children as young as four years old witness the ordeal, including Jennifer Chovis' first grade son.
Speaker 24: The one shocking surprising thing he said as a six year old was I'm just really glad I know my friends died.
Speaker 23: Now the principal at the school, doctor Nina Denson, has been put on lead. The superintendent confirmed to Katie La that the drill did happen yesterday, and then staff members say the principal made an announcement that seven children were dead.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 25: Can you imagine the trauma these children potentially could go through of just thinking, oh my god, my friend was killed or I was shot and old I died was very upsetting.
Speaker 6: My guy and aarrow in America is averaging like two mass shootings a day. Doctor Nina Denson thought this was a good idea. I just, you know, try to hear things from both sides at certain points in my life. And it's la Nina Denson as a method actor. Maybe she needs to get all the way in character even though it's just a lockdown drill. Maybe I don't know, maybe she had her own personal Toob movie going on in her head. So you know, in a lot of Toobe movies, they can't afford prop guns, So she was using her fingers like Beyonce does when she's in her country zone, like people here, keep here, keep here. You know, I just don't understand how brains work anymore. Okay, you're the principle of a school, Nina. If you had teachers in your school doing lesson plans in this way, you would fire them all. I repeat, If you had teachers in your school doing lesson plans in this way, you would fire them all. Imagine a chemistry teachers playing old GZ records to teach kids how to mix chemicals. Okay, kids, when you are manually mixing flakes with the soda, what do you get when Jezi consumes drinks and smokes, What concentrated chemical does he mix with his arm and hammle That just wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't work.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't work.
Speaker 10: No, that's like me a teacher showing Sukiana OnlyFans.
Speaker 5: But you used to teach them sex ad Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that's like referencing Kanye West. Okay, to write a blessing plans around the Holocaust.
Speaker 10: Oh, that's like you and show up teaching the speech class.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, what else you got.
Speaker 5: That's like Webb?
Speaker 10: That's like Webby teaching kids how to be a health clapth a healthcare professional.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that's a good one, because remember when Webby was on Breakfast Club back in the day, and then we asked how he felt about healthcare in America.
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't really think no about the cat mine.
Speaker 1: They say, that's how Obama Care worked. Yes, because I asked him, what do you think about Obamacare? Was answer, I don't think nobody. They say that's how Obama Care worked.
Speaker 6: Honestly, a fantastic answer, because none of these elected officials truly care. Tomorrow of the story is you can save yourself a lot of embarrassment by simply thinking before you act. Is this too hard a concept for humans to grasp in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: Think before you act, think twice before you speak. And if that's too difficult, then maybe.
Speaker 6: Just maybe the human experiment is a rap and it's time to let AI take over. At this rate, they smarter than us anyway, so we really don't have a choice. Please give Nina Dnson the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the gee.
Speaker 6: All the day yee, And I think me and Shannon Shuck would make a great teachers for speech classes because both of.
Speaker 2: Us get paid.
Speaker 10: What she says, saying again, you think you think y'all make a good teachers suspecially.
Speaker 1: Which is hold on, students would really love our speech class. Okay, we get paid to talk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understand. Now to split on everybody, there'd be some stinky speaking kids.
Speaker 1: You stupid.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: What I have a question?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, when y'all did fire drills and drills at the school, nobody ever took it serious. Right, y'all just ran out the class. Nobody ever cared was playing everything right. So now the principal makes it like, I don't want to say, like a game, but like a game. So the kids really take it serious. So they understand that if there's an active shooter. What I'll tell you a problem with that. The problem with that is that because nobody takes a fire drill serious. But now if you, if you, if you actually make it seem like there is an active shooter.
Speaker 1: Now the kids know what to look for, what to see.
Speaker 6: Here's the problem with that, especially with it going on so much. You're playing right, you're playing and you're not bringing the kids in on the joke. So your joke makes the trauma real because you're joking. But to these kids, it's real trauma because these kids really think there's an active shooter. These kids really think they're friends died. You can't just remove that trauma from the kids once they find out it's not it was fake.
Speaker 1: It don't matter. You told these kids that they were their friends were dead. Told me that.
Speaker 6: So if somebody told you that somebody you loved was dead right now and let you hold onto that for fifteen to twenty minutes, that trauma that you would experience in that fifteen twenty minutes wouldn't be real. And you think it's just gonna automatically go away and disappear. After they tell you it's fake, you'll be You'll be relieved when you're still trauma.
Speaker 1: Hey, drill guys, this is a drill. Yeah, this is a drill. When drama is real the drilling. No, he didn't, they didn't hold on. What are you saying that didn't they say it was a drill.
Speaker 6: Get But I don't think these kids were in on it because he told the kids that they friends were dead, and they believed it.
Speaker 1: From the pointing finger. Cann pow your dead, pow your dad.
Speaker 5: And then the little boy did say, I'm just glad that none of my friends died.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were really dead.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but so what to his point, he was saying that the fire alarm like, they didn't really die, like they're not really on.
Speaker 5: They know they're not really on.
Speaker 7: This would have been a situation. Seven kids would have died. That's why you gotta take it serious, drill.
Speaker 1: I thought the kids weren't in on the j I thought the kids weren't in on it. Maybe I'm confused here, That's why it had.
Speaker 10: To be did they when when the teacher said pow, did they like like, did they you know, do a thank.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying it during the back, just playing, Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that nobody takes these drill serious anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The only way to make people take them serious is to not tell them that it's a drill.
Speaker 7: Okay, but so when you hit a fire drill when you're in school, nobody ever takes a serious fire drill, right, just like that one takes it serious.
Speaker 1: They don't take it serious because they're being told.
Speaker 7: Because they usually, you know, what's a fire drill. I'm like eleven twenty five today, fire drill.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you don't tell people it's a fire driller, you don't tell them it's an active shoot drill, that's the only way to make them take it serious, because that would that would actually be fun if it's a drill, and you know that the the principles the.
Speaker 1: Only drill that's fun as the tip drill. Bro, what would you.
Speaker 19: Want to see your lips drive out more water as much as I That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't know that people with lisps got Are they allowed to have dry lips?
Speaker 1: Not at all? Not as much as right.
Speaker 7: But that is the donkey of the day. Now when we come back today is just his birthday. It's snowing in New York and New Jersey, and we're asking who does just want to be.
Speaker 6: No, that's not the question. That's not the question, just who you want to ben No, that's not the question. The question I was talking about earlier, I was saying, do women pretend to uh, you know, like do women go over guys' houses? And pretend to be snuck stuck there because they know it's about to be snow like. You know, we always hear these competitions about girls getting flewed out, But when you know it's about to be a snowstorm, right and you might end up stuck somewhere, do you go to a guy's house to get snowed a thing?
Speaker 1: Is this a thing?
Speaker 7: Do you make sure that, Oh, it's gonna snow, Today's gonna be a nasty rain storm, it's gonna be a twist, it's gonna be a urricane on purpose?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Is that a thing? Snowed in on purpose?
Speaker 2: By five?
Speaker 1: Eight five? Have you done that before?
Speaker 5: Just yes, I've definitely got snowed in.
Speaker 10: I've gone to somebody's house when I know that it's supposed to be like six to eight inches the next day?
Speaker 1: What about that night?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a little eight inches, you know?
Speaker 7: But right, all right, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Lug, Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 7: Club morning everybody is stej NV five eight five one oh five one. Ladies, is this a thing where you know it's gonna be a storm, whether it's rain or hurricane, tornado, whatever it may be, to make sure that you were stuck at your man's house?
Speaker 6: Because I thought about it, right, because you know they all talk about girl getting flud out, but I'm like, yeah, do girls ever want to get snowed in? Like when you know it's a snowstorm, you go over to guy's house because you know you're gonna get stuck to that thing.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is the thing, but you know why, I gotta think because I remember this one year I got snoring over somebody else. Then they started being annoying and I really saw what he really were and I was like, you know what, I want to go home. But then it was like six inches out side.
Speaker 1: I was like, dang, how many inches in the house?
Speaker 5: Though, that's that's need to hell there.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering what it worth being at it was.
Speaker 10: But then but then it's like after that, it's like I don't want to leave now because like now we're not doing nothing something.
Speaker 1: You want this number I'm just saying that you just got to know, you gotta know, you just got.
Speaker 8: You gotta know.
Speaker 1: Is it worth it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's so yeah, but that was the only thing that was good. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But then you know other times it was good, but like that that one time, I was, Oh my god, I wish the snow melt.
Speaker 1: Turn your radio down, mama.
Speaker 8: Now, I just wanted to say type of birthday as we are birthday play And yes, I have been start there with someone unintentionally.
Speaker 1: It was unintentional days, yes, days, two days.
Speaker 8: Two days because I'm from Lords, Chicago, so we get lake fake.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, like almost how was it though?
Speaker 1: So you didn't know the weather.
Speaker 8: Forecast, the attention to it, shut off work and just when it.
Speaker 1: Is don't believe this. She's a woman that is committed to her life.
Speaker 8: It is true because with las snow, like where I'm from.
Speaker 15: Michigon City, it can come like well if you're on the news.
Speaker 8: Like one or two inches and then it turns into a whole down for and everything can go left from there.
Speaker 5: M So why you didn't want to be snow? Then with him it was supposed to do what you do, go home.
Speaker 1: I feel you. That's feel you, dand alright, thank you? Hello?
Speaker 15: Who's this.
Speaker 3: Kiara?
Speaker 1: Hey Kiara? Good morning. Now we're talking about being snowed in at somebody's house. That happened to you? Yeah, talk to us.
Speaker 5: I went down Purpose, You went down Purpose, okay? And was it worth there? How long were you snow then?
Speaker 15: Like today?
Speaker 1: Damn? How many intereswers outside?
Speaker 15: We had a snowstorm and it was like sixteen sixteen?
Speaker 20: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Great? How many interess in the house?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No, she had a film date for forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: I know all thettle walls was coming down, famits, Sorry, thank you baby?
Speaker 1: Alright? Eight women are slick, boy boy.
Speaker 6: The fact that they acting like they didn't know the forecast, like they don't have TV, like they don't have radio, like they don't have internet.
Speaker 1: Y'all knew those snowstorms was coming.
Speaker 6: Y'all knew exactly what y'all was doing, and y'all still committed to y'all lives all is months of years later.
Speaker 1: Boy, women, something else she.
Speaker 5: Said she went down Purpose, Yo, My thing is what a niggerd be?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 5: Are you staying?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: After she got that nine inches because what if you want to spread that nine through aut a couple of people.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one, we're talking about. This is snowstorming in New York, New Jersey area, and we're talking about being snowed in or tornado hurricanes. Ladies, have you ever made it your business to go to your man's house so you'd be stuck?
Speaker 1: That's the question. Let's talk about it. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 6: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 1: With the breakfast Club. We got somebody on the line. His name is Chris, and he said he wants to be snowed in with you. No, the only one Chris, that could be snowed in with Hello. Who's this? Hello?
Speaker 9: Hello, Hey baby, Hey baby man. I want to just call and say happy birthday, thank you. I know it's a special date for you. I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 9: I love that you're staying in the b and all the time.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas.
Speaker 9: That's an amazing woman. I can't wait to see you later.
Speaker 15: And then I'm so excited for a little bund of with joyous, little favor, little.
Speaker 1: Bundle of what what.
Speaker 21: Joy?
Speaker 1: We don't got to act clueless?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pregnant, Chris, Congratulations, my brother.
Speaker 9: I definitely appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, my brother, Jess hilarious is pregnant. That's right, go yes, I am.
Speaker 5: How many pregnant do we ask?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: I am three months, so I'm thirteen weeks.
Speaker 1: Thirteen weeks. I love you, Chris. Chris, you know will be an amazing Valentine's Day gift. I mean an engagement ring. You shut up.
Speaker 6: An engagement ring would be an amazing Valentine's gift. Chris, you don't know what that means doing.
Speaker 9: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: Okay, stop stop loving Latin.
Speaker 1: Be safe out there, Chris. Congratulations again, brother.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: I love you, baby, I love you to see you the name love you too, baby.
Speaker 1: All right, you really got snowed.
Speaker 20: Then, ain't no, ain't no, ain't no for the next six months more like I plowed right.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, that's why you've been in here all tired. Y'all can get off YouTube leaving comments about just and that high, just and that drunk, just and that tired. No, just just pregnant.
Speaker 5: Okay, you'll say Jess was zooited her first week. I'm like, no, I did not get high and come in here zooited.
Speaker 1: On my first week. No, she was listening here throwing up every day a couple of times.
Speaker 9: Times.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I said, oh my god, she's pregnant and said.
Speaker 5: Ready to go to me, to me better than you know, I say, what's up with your silaris? He said, huh, I would not forget that.
Speaker 1: Dumb don't know.
Speaker 7: We're trying to figure it out, talking about want to it got the job they did, all right. When we come back, we got Jess with the mess. What we're talking about, I'm pregnant.
Speaker 5: It's like, all right, we are.
Speaker 10: I was talking about me being pregnant, but we're also talking about some other stuff to.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's it, that's it. Yeah, all right, Well Jess hilarious is pregnant. Congratulations system, so happy for you. This is baby number two. Yes, this is amazing. Just with the message up next the breakfast Club, stop to be, don't stop to be wanting everybody, it's Steen j m Vy Just Hilarious plus one, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good bye, and I'm not the plus one if you're just joining us. Our good sister Just Hilarious has announced that she is pregnant Christ to Chris, so it's not just her born day she is. She is pregnant for the little bundle of Joy is Chris, How are you feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm feel good.
Speaker 1: I feel I feel good.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to figure out what to eat and what not to eat right now.
Speaker 1: But like, are you craving anything?
Speaker 5: No, I actually don't know.
Speaker 13: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not craving anything.
Speaker 10: But things that I was liking I don't like no more, Like oh my god, now, ladies, I don't like candy no more.
Speaker 5: I don't like oranges.
Speaker 1: I don't like fruit.
Speaker 5: But fruit is really good for you, but I don't. I don't like it anymore. It makes me nauseous. Oranges, apples, all of that stuff. I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad we don't got to pretend you're not pregnant for the next six months.
Speaker 9: I know, I know, you know.
Speaker 1: Pretending for a couple of weeks for a rollout is totally different and I can't do that. I know your acting skills with trash, but they worked and worked you pregnant trying to put stupid macting skills well top level. I just want let's get to just with the Mexisco.
Speaker 25: The middle word.
Speaker 1: Gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 10: Breakfast Club, Scotty, Larsa Pippen and Marcus Jordan's breakup. All right, So, I mean that's not really a big surprise to a lot of people. As I was reading in the comments, Larsa Pippin and Marcus Jordan had reportedly broken up. Fans noticed that Larsa removed all the evidence of their relationship from our Instagram page, and then a source confirmed to Page six that they are not together. Tension between them is allegedly the reason that they broke up. The source claimed the tension stems from Michael Jordan publicly denouncing their relationship.
Speaker 5: Oh Dan, I'm single, y'all straight up blocked it.
Speaker 26: Yeah.
Speaker 10: They also claimed that tension in Michael's and Scotty's relationship took a toll on Marcus and Lars's relationship, so they blamed it on Michael and Scottie.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a good relationship y'all ain't got the history of Michael and Scotty got either bid.
Speaker 5: We already knew that though before they got together, but they were already away of that.
Speaker 1: Mike, he got rings, y'all have none. Now I cut it out.
Speaker 7: She's probably working poor Marcus to death. She remember she said she had sex seven times at night. That something crazy enough.
Speaker 6: Tell me more, girl, tell me more, girl, tell me more about what going on and in people bedroom a.
Speaker 5: Shawna. That is so cute, though.
Speaker 10: The different source, a different source that their breakup, said that their breakup had nothing to do with family issues and that it was just the result of personal growth.
Speaker 9: That was it.
Speaker 10: But look, she had posted something on her Instagram and Twitter that said, when you break up with somebody, do your friends unfollow them too?
Speaker 14: So that was I think.
Speaker 5: I think that was funny. I think we can come back to that. That's that's I mean because I agree with that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, y'all 'n following him, follow him and even your family your mom still want to call somebody's son and it ain't work out all that, No, No, So I agree with that you should un follow them, especially if I.
Speaker 1: Broke up with him.
Speaker 10: Kelly and Keisha Cole exchange words over love sample. So Oh Cally released a new single called Boso that samples love by Kisha Cole. When Keisha Coo heard it, she shared a tweet about her song being sampled without permission, but she never put any names on it though, because this was around the same time where Kanye was saying that people were denying his request to you samples as well, Keja said, I don't think it's okay to samples people music without it being cleared. Stealing people's hard work isn't okay. Ever, so many people had asked the sample love I should have cheated having sent and I never said yes. Yet when fans connected that she was referring to Calli's song, they started to comment on the situation and come for Calli. Kisha tweeted that her problem was not with Kelly and that people shouldn't attack Kelly. So she said, no, it's not about baby girl, that's not her fault.
Speaker 5: Don't go in on her. Young black women don't need to be torn down, so don't do that.
Speaker 1: For real, for real.
Speaker 5: I love the frfr for real, for real.
Speaker 10: But when Calli posted a suite of her own, it spuked up a back and forth between her and Kesha. She said, Boso was cleared, been cleared, like okay, little girl too. But Keisha came back and said, like I said, I never cleared it, and like I said, I don't think it's your fault.
Speaker 2: Love you.
Speaker 5: Wish you all the best in your career.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 10: So then Cally, these young girls be so funny and disrespect for at the same time, she said, Keisha, let's not act like a song can be distributed on every single major platform without it being cleared by you or your team. Your side dropped the ball. Thanks for thanks for the wishes. Same to you, my love hashtag bozo. Now this is the original classic, Yeah, it's always and then number one is Cally's song that's not hard. I actually do like it's a nice skating song. It's a nice song.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And usually when these when these kids I'm calling them kids because they're young, you know, but you know, obviously they love and respect the music. Usually when they do samples, it ends up being trash. But this one is actually that's just my opinion. This one is actually okay.
Speaker 1: I do like it, But Keisha is actually about love and having a good time.
Speaker 5: But fun, Yeah, it's fun and it's you know what I'm saying. So I do that it's a banker. I hope that they can come to some type of Undersand.
Speaker 1: Did they clear a record or not. They had to clear the record, right.
Speaker 2: They had to.
Speaker 5: I mean, Kelly claimed that it was clear, but Keisha said she didn't. She didn't do it. So, I mean, I don't know if she's the only one that owns it or if she don't own it or not.
Speaker 10: But she said a lot of people have asked and she hasn't cleared any record of hers example.
Speaker 1: Clearly she's not the only owner. If yeah, the record can be clear, maybe she doesn't own it. Maybe she doesn't own it.
Speaker 10: And that's why Kesha was saying it's not her fault, you know what I mean. So maybe we'll get more updates on this or information on this. But Kanye West made nineteen million dollars from super Bowl ad. Kanye reportedly since spent seven million on a on getting a commercial slot during the Super Bowl. We have audio for that, hey y'all, she gave and it's my commercial.
Speaker 2: And since we spent all the money on the commercial.
Speaker 19: Spot, we actually didn't spend anybody on the actual commercial.
Speaker 5: But the idea is, I want you to go to easy dot com.
Speaker 20: Why can see why dot com?
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna write it at the bottom of the screen.
Speaker 5: And I guess, okay, so I.
Speaker 1: Didn't see this. That's actually brilliant. But yeah, that is brilliant. That's very brilliant.
Speaker 10: Actually yeah, yeah, especially for his social platform. I mean, but he played for us. He paid for the slot, and reports are showing that the investment paid off because Kanye reportedly made more than nineteen million in sales. And I think it was also interesting that everything on his site was twenty islands. Then everybody paying attention to Usher and Beyonce and Ice Spice and Taylor Swift and we missed out on the big Easy sale.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't see the ad during the Super Bowl, but you know, yeah, I can'tfront that. That was great marketing and Kanye, great concept. You know, you spend all the money on the commercials we don't have money for the production budget.
Speaker 1: Great concept.
Speaker 6: But only Kanye could do that though, But artists have to know who they are and have to know what their brand is, and Kanye's brand is like borderline homeless, so that makes that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Let's let's it's more yeah aspect.
Speaker 7: And what he also did too is there were people because he was selling those sockety Jiggy's keet like two hundred dollars. So now he did something where if you bought it for two entdre dollars, I think he's gonna send you your money back up here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And the site has the yeezy pause that they had, the yeah, the easy pause, the sock shoes, clothes, vultures, merch all of that for twenty dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm so mad I missed out on that.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna win them socks.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: You're gonna wear them socks some sock shoes.
Speaker 10: Yeah I will, but I'm gonna put a shoe on. But I'm yeah, I'm gonna put a shoe on with it too. But I would wear those if they was twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just the same thing ballerinas with the stockings with the little slippers at the bottom.
Speaker 1: You got a pair, no, no, no, but I've seen them.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still putting the shoe. I'm gonna put an ug on with him or something.
Speaker 1: But what Kanye should have done a shout out Tyree's beautiful Pain album. How come he ain't do that?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: How come here and put Tyree?
Speaker 5: Because I reset FM serve too. Oh my god, that's my favorite.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 1: When I push it had earth day erle to yea.
Speaker 27: They all no beach because I'm not what my headphones on. They've got no headphones on. Sorry guys, Yes, like I said, and then they don't.
Speaker 20: Then then and then and then.
Speaker 1: What did that cake with the cake there on the front make a wish? Make a wish?
Speaker 9: Take?
Speaker 7: It's on fire, y'all better blow that out. The cake is on fire itself. The cake is not supposed to It's not supposed to do that, y'all.
Speaker 1: See you see, I don't know nothing about these new fangled cakes they got.
Speaker 6: They got a cake in here, and then if you set it on fire, when you set it on fire, it burns one picture, and then when it burns that picture underneath it is another picture.
Speaker 1: I didn't know anything about that is that's supposed to happen. I don't want no right cake now a microphone?
Speaker 10: Jess, Yeah, sorry, I forgot it was at work. Yeah, yeah, I ain't know what supposed to do. I thought she was set my cake on fire. I'm like, don't ever set my.
Speaker 5: Cake on fire?
Speaker 1: So it burns one picture and then underneath it is another picture.
Speaker 10: Yes, and it's it's a college of pictures of my best outfits on here. Okay, oh my goodness, thank you. And she announced she's pregnant.
Speaker 5: Today my boyfriend Chris, Yes, thank you. Can I read the car first?
Speaker 14: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: People's choice mixes up? Next, it's the Breakfast Club in the morning, checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's DJ n V, Jess, Hilarrys, Charla meeting the gods. Black History Month for we doing.
Speaker 6: Listen man swoop to my guy be dot. You know, every day during Black History Month, we put out a podcast called I Didn't Know. Maybe you didn't either, on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network. And have you ever wondered why they always teach us about the same historical figures during Black History Month? I don't know the answer to that, but I know today is going to tell you about a legendary Black History Month figure that I share a born day with. June twenty ninth, the Great Stokely Carmichael A controversial yet charismatic civil rights leader who deserves way more recognition.
Speaker 1: Be dot take it away. I told my.
Speaker 26: Eleven year old daughter, I said, Ryan, you know, for Black History Month, they always teach you about the same black folks, George Washington, Carver, Rosa Parks, Martin, Luther King.
Speaker 1: They never teach you about folks like Stokely Carmichael.
Speaker 5: And she said, who is Stokely Carmichael?
Speaker 1: Stokely Carmichael.
Speaker 26: It looked like young Dolph mixed with Gerard Carmichael, the very controversial and charismatic young civil rights leader. He pretty much popularized the phrase black power. He wasn't the first to say it, but he did popularize it. He was born in Trinidad in nineteen forty one. His family moved to the Bronch when he was young, and he went to Howard University and as a freshman he was a freedom writer and freedom riders, pretty much a black and white activist who signed up to take trips down to the South on the weekends to get their asses beat by racist wife heights with the optimism of equality and opportunity.
Speaker 1: He graduated from Howard.
Speaker 26: In nineteen sixty four and by nineteen sixty six, at the age of twenty four, he was the chairman of the SNICK.
Speaker 1: He replaced John Lewis, and we all know John Lewis.
Speaker 26: Again the SNICK, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee s NCC.
Speaker 1: The SNICK.
Speaker 26: That organization was formed in the Deep South again to organize African American voters. But over time Stoke got tired of the old head civil rights activists compromising with President Johnson and other white authorities. By the twenty seven time he was arrested, he said he was done with the non violent approach. He told a group of marchers in Greenwood, Mississippi, this is the.
Speaker 16: Twenty seventh time I've been arrested, and I ain't going to jail no more. The only way we're gonna stop them white men from whipping us is to takeover. We've been saying freedom for six years and ain't got nothing. What we're gonna start saying now is black power.
Speaker 26: That was a phrase the MLK deemed unfortunate and would ask stokely repeatedly to stop using it.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't.
Speaker 26: In nineteen sixty six six seven, he did a tour of colleges giving militant speeches to black minds, Black leather Jacket, Afro swagged out.
Speaker 1: He left a Snick in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 26: He did a brief stint with the Black Panther Party of Self Defense before setting up shop in nineteen sixty nine in Guinea West Africa, joining the All African People's Revolutionary Party. When he returned to the States to tour colleges in nineteen seventy one, black Folkster came to hear him scream kill the pigs with disappointed as hell he had changed. He changed his name to Kwame Turey, and that was to recognize his two primary political mentors. In nineteen ninety eight, Stokely Carmichael or Kwame Tourey, lost his battle to cancer at his home in Africa. So whenever you see or hear the phrase black power, oh, he wasn't the first person to say it, but Stokely Carmichael not only popularized it, but he turned it into a movement.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know Maybe you didn't either, No.
Speaker 6: Salutor Bdot s Luther my guide bet that man, and make sure you subscribe to that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know me. Maybe you didn't need a podcast on the black Effect. iHeart radio podcast Network. Every day during Black History Month, we put out a new episode. So go check that out.
Speaker 7: All right when we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody is j n V. Just hilarious. Charlamine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Happy birthday, Jessic. Congrats on the baby. If you haven't heard, she is pregnant. So is pregnant today as her born day. Justice having a day. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I'm sure Chris is making his way to New York to get snow down. But then, you know, I hope you got a coat?
Speaker 10: I do, I got, I got Yes, my sister bought me a white fur. Okay, yes, the same for the usher head on last night when he got.
Speaker 5: Married two nights ago.
Speaker 1: Yes, does Chris have a coat?
Speaker 26: Chris?
Speaker 5: I'm sure he does. Okay, hold up, he know, you know Mexicans, if we don't be getting that cold.
Speaker 1: Whoa stupid?
Speaker 6: Well, First of all, I want to say here, okay, I think the day is a great to tell you about My Black Country.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: My Black Country is the next book coming out on my book in print Black Privilege Publishing. It is written by the great Alice Randall, and it is a journey through country music's black past, present in future. Since Beyonce gonna have y'all walking around here in stirrups and cowboy hats and riding horses and squared dancing by March, this is a great time to get up on all the history of black people in country music. So it comes out April ninth, twenty twenty four, but you can pre order now wherever you buy books. Okay, My Black Country by Alice Randall. Now the positive notice simply this. Don't let people who are not going anywhere take you with them. I repeat, don't let people who are not going anywhere take you with them. Have a blessed day, breakfast club you don'na finish for y'all.
Speaker 9: Dump