Speaker 1: Okay, let's be honest. You already know we sound dumb, but it's time you go find out how dumb we look.
Speaker 2: Okay, just go to.
Speaker 3: All of our socials at Brook and Jeffrey after you hear the full show, which starts right now.
Speaker 2: It's almost Valentines Day, so let me let a scented candle and massage you. It's new information.
Speaker 1: You could tell when Jeffrey comes in with a deep voice.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And look, not everybody's as lucky as Brook to have a husband who plans for Valentines eight nine months sometimes in a France.
Speaker 1: Don't even start with me.
Speaker 2: I won't. I know he's the best at this. If you're struggling though, to come up with a last minute plan for Cupids B Day, we got you covered because Google Trends just put out a list of the most popular date night activities from every state in the country. So Brook, you tell me how you'd feel if a guy, let's just say your husband in these for you. Okay, Number one is going to the movies like that Seven states have that as number one.
Speaker 1: My husband can't stay awake through a full movie and it's not super sexy to have him snoring next to me, but from other couples, it's.
Speaker 2: Good just kiss his open mouth while he's sleeping. Similar invitation Texas and Georgia specifically like drive in movies.
Speaker 1: Oh that's more fun.
Speaker 2: How about mini golf? That's the number one date idea in California, Kansas and Washington State. That would be bowling and arcades are big in Pennsylvania and Louisiana. I love that escape rooms are number one for dates in the northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and then not surprisingly the top date night for Brooks home state of Idaho. Rage rooms. Yeah, soundroom man.
Speaker 1: I was just talking about how in high school we used to do fundraiser where we just get a beater car and then everybody had to pay ten bucks to whack it with a sledgehammer. Made a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Super romantic. Two sledgehammers, one printer. Okay, we got hot dates. In Oklahoma, they like to go to the bookstore.
Speaker 1: What their record does not show. That's a state. It's a campfire what you do there?
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 2: Finally, in Utah, couples like to get freaky after visiting the aquarium. I just wanted to other day. It's so landlocked though, That's why it's so like romantic. It's very exotic to see.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Utah, Okay, this isn't a rainbow trout, is it?
Speaker 3: Good job?
Speaker 2: I'm surprised Trivia Night with a dog shot collar didn't make the last That should definitely be up there for your Valentine's ideas. We're going to show you how it's done with the shot colic question of the day and send it over to digital.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: As we're talking about, Valentine's Day is one of the best holidays to whisper sweet nothing into your lover's ears. But considering how much the four of you like to talk, your flirting game sure.
Speaker 2: Could use some work.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: For example, Alexis's romantic advances usually cause men to move to other continents.
Speaker 1: Track record Brooks idea of.
Speaker 4: Sexy talk with her husband is softly whispering nineties hip hop lyrics through the bars of his cage.
Speaker 2: You make me want to shoot. I just shoot.
Speaker 4: In fact, as of late, if you're keeping score at home, jose is the most romantically successful person in this.
Speaker 5: Room a time.
Speaker 1: Be alive.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's like I haven't had a relation.
Speaker 4: So to help you out today, we're breaking down the top twenty most popular candy heart sayings dating back to the nineteen seventies in a converse sational, sensational relational edition.
Speaker 2: Of plenty of twenty.
Speaker 4: Now some ground rules. All twenty answers are two word phrases. They are all two word phrases. We're gonna start with the man who has voted third sloppyist kisser in his fraternity.
Speaker 2: That's Jeffrey. Okay, two word thing that you would find on a candy sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most popular, right, like, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: The one that I've been gifted the most by people says no way. But I see that as a positive, Like, oh you think I'm cute? No way going? No way?
Speaker 3: No way?
Speaker 2: Is number seven on my.
Speaker 1: Next up is jose No there's rejection hearts.
Speaker 2: Those the ones I.
Speaker 6: Got, well, there are actually some that are funny and negative. But I'm gonna go with the easiest one I could think of it.
Speaker 4: That's just be mine, be myse Yet one on my list you have a silver save in your back pocket.
Speaker 2: Now let's go to brook.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think maybe one that would be fun to get is you're cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're cute.
Speaker 1: Do not make the list.
Speaker 4: I was saying, spake me for later, what you do in your free time? But you're cute, did not make the list. Now we're over to Alexis.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like there's going to be a love you one, but love you is kind of like seriously not so it might be like love yeah.
Speaker 2: Give it, don't give you start dating someone, you say just.
Speaker 1: The letter you and then you upgrade to yah and then it's like the full you.
Speaker 4: An insane amount of explanation, but I love you. I'll give you a love you. It was kind of weird though, it's l u V you, so it's love you, but in the weird love your way that you were talking about.
Speaker 2: And we're back to Jeffrey. The one that suck in my head from growing up was from my favorite prison movie where the man in it had a cell mate. I'm not gonna spoil what happens, but the guy's nickname is too Sweet. Give me too Sweet, Too Sweet?
Speaker 4: Number eleven on my list.
Speaker 6: Jose Well, honestly, because Brook said it and I've seen it before, I'm gonna say, spank me.
Speaker 2: Spank me.
Speaker 4: It's not in the top twenty.
Speaker 2: It's not the X rated sweethearts. These are the most popular.
Speaker 6: I literally remember seeing that one was really funky, been like a jokey one.
Speaker 2: Jose has his silver save he's still in it. But look back to Alexis.
Speaker 1: When I was little, my mom gave me this bracelet. I hated it, but she made it and it said Cutie Pie on it, and I feel like that.
Speaker 2: How many eyes were in cutie Pie.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately this one.
Speaker 4: Cutie Pie did not make the top twenty.
Speaker 1: I like that Alexis is even scared of her mom.
Speaker 4: We're down to the two gentlemen, Jeffrey and Jose.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, it's up to you. When I was younger, my family used to play this really sexy game with cards, and if you didn't have the card, you'd seductively say, go fish. Oh you played go fish.
Speaker 1: Everyone played go fish.
Speaker 2: We played sexy Go Fish. Give me Go Fish, Go fish. Number sixteen of them.
Speaker 1: Did you see the lists.
Speaker 2: Some of the more romantic than others. Jose, it's up to you.
Speaker 6: I do remember there are negative ones. So I'm gonna go with the nicest way to reject someone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no thanks, Oh really.
Speaker 4: Oh no, thanks did not make the top twenty. Number two was kiss Me number three, Sweet Talk, True Love, Soulmate first kiss you, guys got no way. There was not no thank you, but there was thank you. Oh you rock cool dude, cool, all star, looking good? What's up? Puppy love dream big, I'm yours? And a happy Day was number twenty.
Speaker 1: Happy Day. Interesting It was twenty and Alexis is breaking out in hives after all these lboms we just dropped.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: The perfect cure for those hives is getting shocked while singing a song, Alexis, So you're gonna be getting shocked and someone wants to hear Call me maybe by Carly Ray Jebson.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just met you and this is crazy. Here's my number, so call.
Speaker 7: Me maybe Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: A lot of times when you play games with little kids, the grown ups will take it a little bit easier on them than they would with an adult. Yeah you should like you'll miss catching that baseball on purpose and let them score a home run. Yeah, you play hide and seek, but you can't find them standing behind that floor lamp. Yeah, where are you? But you know who doesn't believe in that, Brook Fox. She is not afraid to swat a basketball out of a toddless hands and tell him that his three point game is weak.
Speaker 1: How else are they going to improve your jumper kidding? Part of learning is learning to lose as well.
Speaker 2: She doesn't feel bad about pushing her daughter to the floor to reach that last open musical chair. Yess, you didn't want it bad enough. Nora gotta run faster next time. And she is the same way when it comes to trivia. On this next segment, she shows no mercy no matter what your age or current life struggles may be.
Speaker 1: Welcome the people.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely zero handouts when we play. It's coming up right now. I don't have to tell today's player Daisy, who is zero to two against you all time, Brooke, that Valentine's Day is tomorrow, and Daisy's a high school math teacher. And you know what teenagers give to their teacher on that special day.
Speaker 1: Hopefully nothing?
Speaker 2: That would be really, absolutely nothing because they don't celebrate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be weird.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not fair. I think teachers deserve love, despite what you're saying.
Speaker 1: The district.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I think if you're listening to this, and you're an ungrateful team with a teacher named Daisy. Give her some damn candy for Valentine's Will you, Daisy, what's your favorite candy that you like to eat?
Speaker 3: Snickers?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Snickers? Okay, now you're teacher with Snickers?
Speaker 1: Will you give a student a better grade if they bribed you with candy?
Speaker 8: I always tell them I definitely accept bribes, but as long as it's enough for me to retire.
Speaker 1: That's smart. I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I don't know how many snickers you would need to retire, but we'll think about that for a second. Brooks's gonna leave the studio, and while she heads out, let's go over the rules. It's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat Brooke outright to win? Are you ready, Daisy?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Your time starts now. On this day in the year two thousand, the last original Peanuts comic was printed in newspapers who authored it. Which part of speech joins words or parts of a sentence together adverbs, conjunctions, or prepositions conjunction in baseball fans sing take me out to the ballgame in between What Inning seven Actress Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel in what animated Disney movie illumin is a measurement of what past last one tough timing their Daisy Brooks's gonna come. Oh, she already burst back into the studio. I do see something on my screener here, Daisy that says you're going away for the weekend with your husband to stamp your children. Where are you going? And can we come?
Speaker 9: You can definitely come.
Speaker 3: I love going to Shelan.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. And what do you guys like to do on your getaway from the kids? Wine tasting and sleep about your husband? That's a different answer. I just have a feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for all of us to join you and your husband and we all sleep in a cuddle punnet. That's cute. Yeah, brook You're up. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now on this day. In two thousand, the last original Peanuts comic was printed in newspapers. Who authored it, Charles Schultz. Which part of speech joins words or part of a sentence together, adverbs, conjunctions, or prepositions conjunctions in baseball fans saying take me out to the ballgame in between what inning seven to eight? Actress Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel in what animated Disney movie?
Speaker 1: Uh voices or Punzel and Rapunzel? Oh No, tangled eight?
Speaker 2: Too much explanation during your answer there, so I couldn't get to the next question.
Speaker 1: Well, because I can see them look up because I said seventh and eighth, and it should have been in the middle of the seventh.
Speaker 2: Okay, didn't need an explanation for your explanation. Let's just go to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose Daisy, You've got.
Speaker 8: Three correct today, Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a solid score. And Brook God for just wasn't quite enough to beat her today, Daisy, I'm sorry. Let's go over the answers for everybody on this day. In two thousand, the last original Peanuts comic was printed in newspapers, authored by the late great Charles Schultz. He passed in February two thousand.
Speaker 1: That's why when I said it out loud, it sounded like I was saying, Charles Schwab to me, I'm like, this is right right, like he's not the taps, like finance.
Speaker 2: The part of speech that joins words or parts of a sentence together is a conjunction. Junction. That's its function function in baseball fans saying, take me out to the ball game in between just the seventh inning, Brook, But it.
Speaker 1: Was weird the way you asked it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Daisy got it without a problem, I will say. Actress Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel in the Disney movie Tangled allumin the question you didn't get to Brook. Allumin is a measurement of light. Measure's how much light you're getting from a bulb. So, Daisy, I'm sorry since it wasn't enough to beat Brooke today. Can't give you any money here, but just for playing you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park, or online in the Disney store.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, that's fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah right?
Speaker 1: Are you looking forward to work today, Daisy? Teaching those kids? Sure you're hoping that two of them are absent? I know that you're thinking of a couple of years. Don't really want there?
Speaker 2: Yes, only too, Yes, thank you so much for coming back and playing It's Brook and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 7: Morning and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Thanks to this job, we've had the honor of hearing countless stories of cringe worthy marriage proposals. Yes, that definitely could have gone better, like popping the question on the jumbo tron while she's mid bite on her cheddar chili cheese dogs seriously, or proposing at someone else's wedding right in the middle of the vows. Wow, I promise to love you forever with all my heart. Hold that thought, groomy, I have a question. I got to ask my tender date, Misty. But we've got a guy on the phone today with a horrible proposal story that might actually top them all. He's so embarrassed that he has to hide his identity when he tells us the true story of what happened. In a brand new Valentine's Day themed Mass Speaker, Oh, we're going that route. We're doing We're doing it.
Speaker 3: We're going ugly. It's coming up, concession. I can't take back.
Speaker 7: Earl Arms.
Speaker 3: Speaker.
Speaker 2: It's a special Valentine's Day edition of the Mass Speaker where the confessions are not only love themed, but as a special treat. Everyone in studio is dressed head to toe in their latex onesies.
Speaker 1: So the first time I'm glad that it's cold in this room.
Speaker 2: It's the most comfortable I've ever been on this show. But we have a romantic man on the line who wants to come clean about his love life. He's going by Blake today. So, Blake, are you wearing your latex pjs too?
Speaker 1: Part speaking Jefferys like, we're just.
Speaker 2: Gonna guess which half of you. Meanwhile, Voice Changer, it's really a good day now to you. Let's get we're making a weird voice Changers on. You are the mass speaker, Blake. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 3: So when I was, you know, young and pretty poor, I started dating my current wife. Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was good and I was good, I hope.
Speaker 1: So you married her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, at least you know that you marry you.
Speaker 6: He's like, I needed to split rent guys, Come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was my honey. It was really broke. And on our one year anniversary, like it was coming up, and I kept thinking, like what can I do impressor? But I didn't have the money to impress her like I wanted to impress her.
Speaker 1: Oh and one here's a big deal too, right, it's like we're going to do it, We're not anniversary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta go big because it's all downhill from that. So what do you do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wanted to take her to Night's dinner, But I do it's going to be like so expensive. But then I had a Eureka moment. There was this really nice Italian restaurant near where we lived, and they had one of those food challenges, you know, where you have to eat a bunch of food and amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about a romantic night.
Speaker 1: Can't go to a high end place if you can't eat five pounds.
Speaker 3: See, they had this food challenge where if you ate like their eight pound Titanic chicken parmesan sandwich.
Speaker 1: Then you'd get a free meal or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you ate it under an hour, you'd get it for free, plus a fifty dollars gift card.
Speaker 1: Okay, knowing most Russians, it'd be like, and you get a free dessert.
Speaker 2: I don't want dessert.
Speaker 1: So did you do it? Did you go by yourself?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: The thing is is I cut it way too close. So I had to take the challenge the day of our anniversary, the.
Speaker 1: Day like while you're on while you're on the date.
Speaker 3: No, no, I went like right when they opened for lunch, oh my, before the date, before the date. It was a nice fore play, for sure, and I.
Speaker 1: Would like your sweating like chicken power and you're blowing.
Speaker 2: So you took the challenge?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took the challenge. I said, give me that Titanic sandwich, and you do, like thirty five minutes in my eyes felt like they were bulging with parmesan O. I felt like I had the flu.
Speaker 1: Did you finish it? What if you didn't finish and then you had to pay for it and you didn't have a plan for dinner that night.
Speaker 2: This is where you dig deep for the woman that you love and you finish that second four pounds of meat.
Speaker 3: I dug deep and I polished the whole thing off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I did it in time.
Speaker 1: But can you imagine going back to the restaurant the same night and actually ordering again.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that a few hours later, so I was I was still full and the whole meal was calm, But I spent most of the night in and out of the.
Speaker 2: Restroom, bodies process and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, going to the bathroom or sometimes I just sort of have to lay there to take a break. I was the sickest maybe I've ever been.
Speaker 2: That's quite an image, somebody lying on the floor of an Italian restaurant on Valentine's.
Speaker 1: Day and she didn't know something was up. There's no way she didn't realize you were in the least sick right.
Speaker 3: Well, the third time I told her that I needed to use the restroom, she goes, hey, I know what you're doing. It's okay. And I was like, what am I doing? And she says, you're going to the bathroom because you're nervous. You're trying to build up the courage to propose to me.
Speaker 2: Whoa a minute, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 3: It was like too much pressure, too much stress, and I threw up all over the table. Oh my god, we had to leave the restaurant dead white table claw.
Speaker 2: Oh horrific.
Speaker 1: Does she still not know why you vomited?
Speaker 3: Well? No, because I then proposed to her in the parking lot without a ring.
Speaker 2: Why without a ring?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Brush off of throwing up inside of the restaurant, you got down on one knee as soon as you left the door.
Speaker 3: Well I was on two knees.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wait, she said, yes, no ring with vomit breath.
Speaker 2: Please don't tell me you.
Speaker 3: Kiss after she felt guilty maybe or she felt very bad, so she did say yes, you know, with without a ring. So that was that was when I knew she was the one.
Speaker 2: And what you've never told your your wife now, the true story of what happened that day?
Speaker 3: I haven't because she like thinks I loved her so much and I was nervous to propose, and I would rather have that be the story.
Speaker 1: It's much grosser if you tell her the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I still candy Italian food, so whatever she suggested it, I have to get like a salad or just something.
Speaker 2: The salad eating challenge though, that one should be pretty easy.
Speaker 1: If there is a woman out there that deserves a ring upgrade, it's white O.
Speaker 2: And so wait, yeah, how long have you and your wife been together?
Speaker 3: Now? We've been together for eight years? Ok? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah one year for every pound of meat that wow. Well that's a beautiful story. Sort of Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Text in seven eighty five tins too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, will hid your identity, mask your voice and make you the next mass speaker phone.
Speaker 7: Han's coming up, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Valentine's Day is coming up, so we're already starting to see a few requests trickle in.
Speaker 1: This is like that time of year, so romantic like.
Speaker 2: Today is from a woman who accidentally found out her husband has scheduled to prize Valentine's Day couples massage for the two of them.
Speaker 1: He actually did it right.
Speaker 2: He is completely unaware that she's already figured out the gift. Oh that's why we're gonna mess with him and tell him he doesn't quite understand the type of massage that he signed them up. You're gonna hear it in your phone town right now.
Speaker 1: Another Hello, Hi, I'm looking for David Barlow. I'm calling from Therapy and Massage Center. My name is Sharon Needles.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is he great.
Speaker 1: I'm calling to confirm you've scheduled a Valentine's Day couple's massage package.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: February fourteenth, three pm. We've got you down.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm really excited about a surprise for my wife.
Speaker 1: Someone's going to be getting some action that night.
Speaker 9: Tom, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so as you know. Oh, the package is two hundred and fifty dollars, not including tax and tip. And looks like we have a credit card in our system. Do I have your permission to run the charges?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, great, and it went through. So you're all set, and you know, just a few notes before you come in.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: The payment is non refundable and this will be a touchless massage.
Speaker 9: Oh what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Oh did you not hear me? It's a non refundable touchless massage.
Speaker 9: No, I heard you about the non refundable part. What's a touchless massage?
Speaker 1: Well, it is a little embarrassing. But last week we had an unexpected visit from the police. Some people call it a raid.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Long story short, Legally we aren't allowed to touch anyone for an undetermined amount of time. Uh.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's disturbing.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't worry, it's all fixed. This touchless massage will be magical. In fact, it's just like getting a normal massage. But it's not.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I it sounds is it like hot rocks.
Speaker 1: Ah, you have more questions, Okay, I'll walk you through it. So you'll still de robe and you'll lay on the table. A soothing music plays. Then your massage therapists will run their hands and fingers just a few inches above your body.
Speaker 9: But that's not a real massage.
Speaker 7: Oh, not to worry.
Speaker 1: The entire time, the messuse will be telling you about the knots we're getting out of your back. Oh, and loosening up those tight shoulders. Oh wait, I bet that's where you carry your stress too.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah I do. But like you have to involve some kind of touching. That that's the definition of a massage.
Speaker 1: Wow. Look, if you're one of those perverts who just wants to come in here looking for something else, we've been there, done that, and we're not looking for another. We'll call it authority entourage to enter our establishment.
Speaker 9: I'm not coming for a rubin tug. I'm coming.
Speaker 7: I was coming with my wife.
Speaker 1: So it is interesting, you know the word for it. Come on back to your couple's package. It does come with complimentary of romotherapy.
Speaker 9: I oh great, I don't care. Like this is not.
Speaker 1: Happening again because of that little police snapho. We're not allowed to apply the oils directly to you. Wait, so we've pushed the massage table close to the wall so you can smell the glade plugin.
Speaker 9: That's not for romo therapy. This is just like a plug in close to my nose.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very soothing. So I'd love to know what sent you on. Are you more of a lavender or a tropical mango person?
Speaker 9: No, those things are gross anyway.
Speaker 1: You know, I hear that you are upset. I just want to let you know that you have paid over four hundred dollars for this and it's non reasfundable.
Speaker 9: So what are you talking about four hundred? Yeah, it was two fifty.
Speaker 1: Well I added on tax and one hundred and thirty dollars tip because, oh my god, I just know how much you'll love it.
Speaker 10: Jeez, you're not only running a prostitution ring, you're like running some sort of again.
Speaker 1: Our phone is tapped. If you could not say that word, that would be really helpful.
Speaker 10: No, I don't give it about helping you. Listen, I am going to get that money back. I don't know, like if I had to take you to small claims or whatever or you can hear from my lawyer.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, I've already heard from your wife, Kara, and she is really excited about it. What Yeah, because Kara's actually the one that set you up for this phone tap. This is Broog from the Ready Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: We're doing a break call on you lord.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I was about to burst a vessel.
Speaker 1: Your wife said that she found out about the massage surprise, and she's actually really I should.
Speaker 9: Never keep a secret from her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Oh I just was about to lose my mind.
Speaker 1: Clearly you wanted like a full touch massage.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, I didn't want it a regular.
Speaker 1: Well we'll see what the authorities say after I send him this audio.
Speaker 7: Wake Up every Morning was funk taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: It can be scary to stand up and ask for what you really want in life. Yeah, but sometimes you just have to be brave. Okay, take a chance and shoot your shot. Like what if Travis Kelcey just said, Oh man, Taylor Swift so awesome, but she'd never want to go out with a lowly two time champion me the point, he would have just ended up another no name player, Yeah, mid level NFL team with no friends, no endorsements, and his mom probably would have forgotten that he even existed. No, but did Travis give up? No, that's right, and we're not going to either because one of our listeners is scared to ask the woman he's been dating a very big question and the pressure's getting to him. So we're here to provide moral and possibly even physical Supportay, I'll take the right cheek, Brook, you got the left. It awkward Tuesday phone call coming up next.
Speaker 7: It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: In any blossoming relationship, there's certain tough but important questions you're gonna have to ask to help it move forward, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Some of them are big questions like are you interested in having kids someday?
Speaker 1: Huge question?
Speaker 2: Or what do you think about getting married on an active volcano with justin umbrella? What's the These are things you need to know. Some are smaller but equally important questions, Okay, like are you really going to wear that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I was tinking? Like toilet paper over under? That really bothers me?
Speaker 2: Or does your mom have to watch? I know she requested, but I'm just not sure I'm comfortable see important questions that need to be asked. So you're all on the same page.
Speaker 1: I guess something you need to ask at least it's their mom.
Speaker 2: And one of our listeners has an important question that he'd like to ask today. His name is Aaron, So Aaron, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, everybody, how are you.
Speaker 1: I mean better than you?
Speaker 2: Why do you say it like that? He has an important, I'm a very powerful, meaningful question he wants to ask to someone in his life. Isn't that right?
Speaker 3: Erin? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well he's nervous. Sorry, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: It's an honor that you came to us for help, that's true.
Speaker 2: He should be honored.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're honored.
Speaker 2: Everybody's on.
Speaker 1: Okay, just tell us what the problem is.
Speaker 2: We'll tell us about this person that you're seeing.
Speaker 5: So I've been seeing this woman, Tamara.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: We've been out about a handful of times over the past month. And she's great, she start pretty, she's really fun to be around, all those great things, and we're really bonded because she's like a big believer in astrological signs.
Speaker 1: You know that's something that you're into.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: It's funny because my mom is actually a claravoyant, right, you know she reads people's auras.
Speaker 1: That'd be so much pressure. She'd be like, I know what you're planning to do this weekend? Did you get busted for everything as a teen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she knew everything I was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your mom ever listened to our show. She'd probably see a giant black aura coming out of her. Okay, that's that's cool to bond over astrological stuff.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I really really like her, and I think it's time like to ask her to be exclusive.
Speaker 1: Like you know, whoa wait, you think a month is valid?
Speaker 7: Month valid?
Speaker 1: One month?
Speaker 2: Well, okay for alexis for you? If a month's too early, what would be the right time to ask an exclusive question? How many years into the relationship is it? Okay? Decades?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, closer to a year dated for sure, next months of dating.
Speaker 2: She's low balling her answer there too. It's probably much much longer day being like, oh yeah, I've been kind of seeing this guy for seven years.
Speaker 1: So I don't like how the calm just eventually years past and people are like, you've been together, right, And I'm like.
Speaker 2: Okay, clearly everybody has a different pace. And for Aaron, this feels like the right time for him to ask Tamara.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the thing is that I'm feeling a little anxious, right because the last time I felt connected like this with a woman a man, it.
Speaker 3: Was about like a year ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened then?
Speaker 5: Well, this was about a couple of months. And asked her to be exclusive and it immediately scared her off.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, no idea, there's this big of like fear of commitment out there right now.
Speaker 2: Can I ask this question, Aaron, how did you ask her to be exclusive like with the previous girl a text message or something?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, So I wanted to pull out a little romance, right, So I went into shat tpt uh huh. I wanted to write a little short poem. I'm not a good poet. I just wanted to write like a little short poem. I wrote it down on a napkin, and you know, I handed it to her one night at the bar, and she read it and immediately gave it right back to me and said no. And it was crushing, but I still have the poem, so I still have it.
Speaker 2: You kept a napkin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll say it to you guys, right and if you think I should read it to this girl, and maybe I will.
Speaker 2: Okay. Actually, so the poem that didn't work for the last girl, yes, immediately scared her off. Do you think maybe it'll be successful on this new girl, Tamara?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, maybe she's a little more romantic, a little more in tune to the creative side.
Speaker 2: Okay, but okay, do you have to remind you chat Gpt wrote this poem not you.
Speaker 1: Are we legally allowed to read anything from chat GPT on the show? Didn't have to sign something.
Speaker 2: The company will have to deal with the legal issues.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So shall we hear the poem right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can we put music under it? Make it really romantic?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well read it to us right now, Aaron, let's punch up some zappy soft music for you. Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: In fields of dreams where flowers bloom, I seek to vanish any gloom, and in your eyes I find my light guiding me through the darkest night. Here this heartfelt plea will you be mine?
Speaker 3: Exclusively?
Speaker 2: I don't play the awkward thing that it's awkward because my pants flew off after he read it.
Speaker 3: So weird.
Speaker 5: No, that is that too weird.
Speaker 1: I think it would have been like I feel like it needed a little bit more humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it doesn't feel genuine. I just don't listen to this group. They're all jaded by the love that they don't have in their lives. Yeah, exactly, that's what I'm saying. You guys wish that you had a romance like Aaron has through chat GPT.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, if my husband even put the effort into do a chat GPT poem, honestly, I would be satisfied what this guy has given up. I mean, I don't need to make it about me.
Speaker 2: So, Aaron, we're gonna call to Marrit for you here right now. We need to have out there and call this girl Tamara, and you want to ask her to be exclusive.
Speaker 5: I just feel like this is the time to do it. And I don't think I'm reading it wrong. I just need a little advice on how to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna try our best man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because it messed up the first time doesn't mean you'll go bad the second shift your marriage.
Speaker 2: That's true. So we're gonna give you our advice to let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call try to get this girl to be exclusive with you right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 7: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Asking someone to be exclusive.
Speaker 1: With this music.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, it is a big deal. I mean you're putting it all out there and basically saying this is it. It's me or nothing.
Speaker 1: This is an awful intro. I'm all up in his head about it.
Speaker 2: Dude, doesn't always go over great.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I've asked our listeners to be exclusive with our radio show and not listen to any others, and that certainly didn't go over very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know when you tune away, guys, and we don't like it.
Speaker 2: That's what one of our listeners, Aaron, is worried about today because he wants to ask a woman named Tamra to be his girlfriend officially. He's nervous though, because the last time that he asked a girl this question, he did it through a poem written for him by chat GPT Yeah, and he got turned down. Yeah, so now he said he's open to trying that same poem again. But I think personally we need to put the poem to the side for a second, errand and get some advice from our hosts. I mean, that's what they're paid for, quality advice. So Jose, why don't you give him the best that you got? I mean, you just can't really make the moment too big. I'm more worried about, don't. I'm mister romance. This is a question you don't want to build up.
Speaker 6: You just kind of want to naturally put it in and then get out like, oh o kids.
Speaker 1: And you wanted it to be bigger.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 6: No, make it subtle, sound natural and almost like a confirmation.
Speaker 2: Actually, don't even ask it, like, just sneak it in there so she barely even hears it, so she's saying yes without even real life.
Speaker 1: I am actually on the same page as you two right now. I think, listen, you are building this way too up, Like this is not that big of a question you need to like.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is a question.
Speaker 1: No it's not. And guess what, it's not even going to be a question because you're going to act like it already happened. We're just take the moment away. Just say, oh my god, I love being your boyfriend. Is that great?
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 1: I think great? I think I've heard a word for that called gaslighting.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Aaron?
Speaker 2: Just act like you're already together?
Speaker 5: What do you think that's that's interesting?
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: You guys are kind of saying, you know, it shouldn't be that much of a spectacle or type dealer, and.
Speaker 2: You can make it sound fun, like, hey, it's been really awesome being your boyfriend for the last few weeks, Like yeah, this.
Speaker 1: Is cool, We're cool. Everybody.
Speaker 5: We're here, bro.
Speaker 2: So if it hits the fan and you need us, we're right here, dude.
Speaker 5: You guys got my back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the last resort. Okay, here we go. I'm gonna doubt to mayor for you.
Speaker 5: Ready, man, all right, I'm a little nervous, but I'm gonna trying to play it super cool here.
Speaker 2: All right, Fonsie, you take it away without an old reference. Obviously, I'm not cool enough to pull this off. You're on your own butt.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 5: Well, Hey Gus me, uh.
Speaker 8: It's oh jud Sorry, I didn't realize that was you Aaron.
Speaker 3: No, it's all good.
Speaker 5: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, nothing much, you know, just keeping casual, chill, you know, just you know how things going.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, and you kind of wanted to ask you a question?
Speaker 8: Uh, okay, what is it?
Speaker 5: How do you feel about poetry? Uh?
Speaker 8: I'm not a huge fan, to be honest, I've always thought it was kind of boring.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know I don't like it either.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, then why did you ask about it?
Speaker 5: I think I find like an online petition to like, you know, ban poetry from from uh from schools and stuff.
Speaker 8: Ban poetry from schools.
Speaker 5: I mean, not at all schools, you know, just uh this the schools that that don't need it.
Speaker 8: To What are you talking about? Why are you acting so weird?
Speaker 5: I got a message that said you wanted to talk to me about something, and I kind of wanted to talk to you about something too, So you know, it's kind of kid smith who goes first?
Speaker 8: Okay, you know what, I'll go first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally cool.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 8: You're a really great guy, and it's been really great getting to know you, and it's been a lot of fun. But I it's nothing personal, but I think that we should just be friends.
Speaker 5: Sorry, God, I'm I don't understand why.
Speaker 8: Well, I talked to my psychic last night and we got into a really depth discussion about you, and I told her, you know things, or maybe kind of get serious.
Speaker 7: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 8: And she said, he's just a player. He's not in it for the long haul. He's never going to be serious with you. And I really really trust her. She's been right about so many things in my life, and I really got to go with what she says on this one.
Speaker 1: What is some moo are you? Oh man?
Speaker 8: That is not took me?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: That is the sound of my very confused co host Brooke, And I'm the other host confused.
Speaker 1: I'm frustrated, Like, what a dumb piece of advice to take?
Speaker 2: You're talking about to Mary? You're You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and we're doing a segment called an Awkward Tuesday phone Call. Yeah, Aaron needed to ask us advice because he totally hates poetry and wasn't sure how to tell you that, so we were trying to help him. Hopefully, your psychic knows that already though.
Speaker 1: So come on, you are not listening to a psychic. You're not breaking up with him because of a psychic.
Speaker 8: I don't even know who you are.
Speaker 5: Yes, I am okay, which book makes a good point?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well you know what, Aaron, that's exactly what my psychic said.
Speaker 1: You would say, Oh, come on, she is good.
Speaker 8: That just truth that she was right about you. You're a player, got in.
Speaker 2: It for a long wait.
Speaker 1: He is the most opposite of a player out of eighty one we've ever had on the show.
Speaker 2: Seriously, when I was saying the poetry stuff earlier, I was kidding, that's not the real reason that he reached out to us to call you. I think, Yeah, it's not my place to say it, Aaron, couldn't you? You should step in and say the real reason that we were calling her.
Speaker 5: The real reason we were calling you is because I wanted to go exclusive and I was nervous about asking you, and oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's convenient. Okay, what did I say? My psychic says you're not in it for the long haul.
Speaker 5: Then, of course, just don't happens that that's.
Speaker 7: What you called me.
Speaker 8: No, listen, I just I gotta go with my gut on this line.
Speaker 1: We're just telling you. We're telling you that before you were on the phone up, we didn't know you were going to say that. We are not psychic.
Speaker 8: But okay, j s that this is what he was gonna say.
Speaker 1: She was gonna say he wanted to be in a healthy, happy relationship with you.
Speaker 8: No, she said he was gonna be defensive about it. There's been g love bombing and gas lighting. Honey, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Read of our show the lady said Aaron be defensive after you accused him of being a player. Like what, dude, wouldn't be defensive after that? That's just that's a natural reaction.
Speaker 2: Sounds awfully defensive.
Speaker 1: Of because Aaron deserves some love and you're missing out on like what could be a great relationship.
Speaker 2: With him.
Speaker 1: Oh married already?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my psychic knew you were going to say that, Brooks. So the marriage always is going to be the defense?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Aron's MoMA psychic too.
Speaker 5: That's what I understand. What we bond her and like we talked about this. I thought we were just so compatible.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 8: Too bad you're such a player, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do think Tamara that after this is all over, go on to Brook and Jeffrey dot com and play this podcast for your psychic and see what she has to say about that.
Speaker 8: Really, my psychic doesn't want me to listen and watch any media for my own mental health.
Speaker 1: How convenient.
Speaker 2: My psychic knew your psychic was going to say that, So psychic, psychic, Okay, did you knew that was coming? Jeffrey in the morning, We've got Lisa on the phone today, who played you once before? Brook and you guys tied zero.
Speaker 1: To zero's pathetic.
Speaker 2: But if that were tennis, the score would be love love, which is perfect because Valentine's Day is tomorrow, so maybe we'll have more loving scores when we play once again. Lisa, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really don't want love love.
Speaker 2: I really don't this time either.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can be all love if you want, Lisa, but no love for me, please, no.
Speaker 8: Love right now?
Speaker 2: Okay. Both Lisa and Brooke have decided they don't want any more love at least for the rest of the.
Speaker 1: Day, next five minutes, okay, and if.
Speaker 2: That extends for a week or maybe more, then so be it. Alright, you go out there, try to find love outside the studio. And we're gonna explain the rules. Got thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you do have to beat broke out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 8: I am ready?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Okay, your time starts.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: What day of the week does Marty gras Land on every year?
Speaker 1: Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Who played the title character in the twenty twenty two superhero movie Black Adam oh h the rock the world Calamari translates to what in English? In the restaurant industry, what numbers use to say they are out of a certain item?
Speaker 3: Oh a six?
Speaker 2: An interstellar cloud of dust is known as what uh particle? What state is home to Joshua Tree? National Parkner, Oh, California? Oh, Lisa came on fire today, Joe, Lisa. We're gonna bring Brook back into the studio. And I do want to know, Lisa, how do you celebrate Valentine's Day every year? Well?
Speaker 8: I wait for my husband to make that decision for us.
Speaker 2: Oh, your husband is fully in charge of Valentine's every single year?
Speaker 3: Absolutely is.
Speaker 5: I have been raising kids for twenty six.
Speaker 8: Years, and he knows a day away is necessary in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what has he done in past years?
Speaker 8: He takes me to the ocean to dinner.
Speaker 3: In it.
Speaker 2: You said you wanted alone time. Honey, there you go, grab some seashells for the kids. Oh Sa, you're such a good sport. Brooks. It's your turn?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Your time starts. Now. What day of the week does Marty gras Land on every year?
Speaker 1: Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Who played the title character in the twenty twenty two superhero movie Black.
Speaker 1: Adam uh Adam.
Speaker 2: The word calamari translates to what in English. In the restaurant industry, what number is used to say they are out of a certain item?
Speaker 1: Sixty nine?
Speaker 2: An interstellar cloud of dust is known as what black hole? What state is home to Joshua Tree National, California? Oh man, what a game that was. Let's go to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 3: But I don't care who knows it.
Speaker 6: Lisa, you got four correct today.
Speaker 2: It was a really good one.
Speaker 7: And Brook you.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 2: Doub Lisa, Well, John Day, those two losses in a row for Brook, right, My god?
Speaker 1: Hard love week? Okay, No, I got.
Speaker 8: Some love here for you, Brough.
Speaker 1: I don't know what your lovely.
Speaker 2: The answers for everybody, what day of the week does Marty graul Land on every year? Today? Fat Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Hoay.
Speaker 2: The title character in the twenty twenty two superhero movie Black Adam, was played by Dwayne the Rock Johnson.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I thought it was. Who is The title character is a guy named Black Adam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the Superheroes.
Speaker 1: So I did get it right in my mind.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: We'll give you.
Speaker 2: Credit for it.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 2: The word calamari translates to squid. Do that in the restaurant industry. While Brook is shouting sixty nine back there, all the other people are shouting eighty six six. That means they're out of an item. An interstellar cloud of dust is known as a Nebula. Ah Man and Joshua Tree National Park is located in the state of California. I just want to go there.
Speaker 1: You never been to Joshua Tree. Unbelievable, But you don't like it.
Speaker 2: It's a desert, it's a cactuses and listening.
Speaker 1: Go at night, but you can't go more than like four feet from your car else you'll get lost. Why because it's so dark, I don't want to go. You can see all the stars, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The nice guy you could see stars online, so you can see out there. Well, the stars definitely aligned for Lisa today. Because you beat Bro, you get one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: You guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We're not done either, because we're also gonna give you a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney Store. Let's see your husband do that for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 8: And you know what, he's gonna be listening to this so.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna have to step your game up, Lisa's husband, because we just showered your wife with gifts today.
Speaker 1: Now make sure before that ocean date.
Speaker 2: You enjoy.
Speaker 3: Lisa.
Speaker 2: Thanks for playing. We'll be back to win Brooks Bok the same time tomorrow
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.