Speaker 1: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, White, you guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk Hill.
Speaker 3: Bathless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 4: From the Black Mothership in New York City.
Speaker 2: It's DJ Ymvy and CHARLAMAGNEA God. It's different. You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 1: Thanks y'all, bel I love y'all.
Speaker 5: Collectively known as the Record Club, Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club, very very very very Das Kimpton, the entire scene culture where y'all looka.
Speaker 3: You know they're listening to the Record Club, Go to Go, just toun, dj Ymvy just hilarious, and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like a.
Speaker 2: Mingo Kwan rec Club. That's how we got the right Good morning usc yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo just hilarious, morning, sell the mean the God, Peace to the planet.
Speaker 2: Guess what day it is.
Speaker 1: Guess what day it is.
Speaker 2: It's Valentized Day. Yes, Valentine's Day. Good morning to all the lovers out there. How do you feel, you know, if you're blessed to have a significant other, if you're blessed to have a partner, if you're blessed to have a wife, you know, a husband, whatever it is, say give all praises, do to God, absolutely to God. Man. A lot of people alone, A lot of people are alone today, And yeah, you know it's your fault. Yeah, that wasn't my fault because some of y'all don't have no Valentines because you're a terrible person. Like, stop looking at it. Stop looking at others and thinking they the problem. The problem is you. Okay, you have done zero work on yourself, and your relationships that you have had don't work because you're not a good person. And some of y'all loan because you attract what you are. And if you're not bout nothing, you're not gonna track nothing.
Speaker 7: But what about what about the people a lot of getting that negativity out their life and they're doing the right thing, but their significant others not and they decided to leave it alone.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's that's that's clearage, that's passage. So maybe next.
Speaker 8: Year that yep, don't give on don't give up on it, and don't project. I seen yesterday I went through my own comments because you know what, it was announced that I was pregnant, yes, yes, yes, And it was also my birthday, so that was two things I was that I'm actually excited about. But I went through my own comments because my comments is my comments, right, And what I want to.
Speaker 1: Say is, how dare people be, you know, upset?
Speaker 8: They want me to be upset about being a second time mother with no ring? How how dare you call my my journey a situation. That's the difference between the situation and a journey. All right, who says it's going to stop there? I need for people to not say normalize marriage before normally and they're not even sitting at home marriage. You know what I'm saying, Please don't do this. That's normalized being happy and and and bringing life into the world, especially when populations try to be controlled so many different ways. Let's let's bring that, Let's uplift that. How about let's just bring love to the situation. You know, it's not a situation, it's a journey. It's a difference. It's a difference when you are in a situation and you're on a journey.
Speaker 1: I am going to be married, believe that.
Speaker 8: Just like I said, I want to big I want a big family, and this ain't the last kid I'm gonna have.
Speaker 1: Neither believe that.
Speaker 8: But I'm going to be a married wife with a bunch of kids because I said it years and years before theress. I could have been bregnant by somebody else and it didn't happen because I didn't want it to happen. But it's the difference between somebody that wants a baby with you, that's somebody that don't want a baby with you. That's a situation. I don't want a journey and thank.
Speaker 1: You, well, congratulations, and.
Speaker 2: Chris, you better have a ring from Valentine's every day.
Speaker 1: I'm not even requiring that.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just putting.
Speaker 1: I'm not requiring because you don't know what his planned.
Speaker 2: So he might have planned, he don't know what to marry.
Speaker 8: Yes, you do want to marry me, but even let's not even worry about that. Like I said, it's a journey. That's what happened when it happened. That's like my baby happened when it happened, and I'm happy because I wanted and it's here to.
Speaker 1: Stay crazy crazy. I can't control the.
Speaker 8: Blogs comments, that's where that stuff belongs when it's my comments. Believe I got a twenty year old little sister.
Speaker 1: I pay that through them. Yeah, block that blocked, Yeah, block that block that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I got to meet. Me and my wife got married after our first child, like you know, she was like six, she was the ring bear.
Speaker 3: That's nice, amazing my son has there's no way, there's no right way.
Speaker 7: Or everybody has a different as you said, journey. So but again, congratulations to jess Allarius. Absolutely congratulations and let me let me salute to everybody. I'm in Atlanta right now. They had their time cool weekend. Uh, just you to love this, Charlamagne, you to love this too. Listen to the performance. You had Chris Brown, Monica, you had Genuine, you had Tank, you had Mario, you had Missy, you had Keith Sweat, you had Friday, you had I'm trying to think else.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that if you stop, damn good.
Speaker 7: It was so it was one of the dopest shows that I dj' in between Manny Fresh dj in between as well. It was just a dope R and B night. I seen t I last night. Uh so many people in that building last night.
Speaker 2: It was just dope. Now about this.
Speaker 1: I mean named a lot of artists, a lot of d m V artists.
Speaker 7: He said, Miss, you like nineties R and B in two thousands R and B, but I don't like being around that many people.
Speaker 2: So I know that was that sounds like it was a crowded, crowding event. But you would have you would have been on the side with everybody else. You wouldn't have been in that crowd.
Speaker 1: I would have been crazy.
Speaker 2: It was to go see Cissy. You would have been all in that.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 7: It was a dope. It was a dope show. So again, salute to ty Coon Weekend. They do a weekend once a year and they do it in different cities, so this year was a landa a DJ.
Speaker 1: It was just it was just dope.
Speaker 7: Great, right, it starts, it starts Tuesday, and then they staged something Wednesday, have some Thursday, something Friday, so that something every night.
Speaker 1: It startsyesterday, we'll start. Yeah, it started yesterday. And that's still doing that.
Speaker 7: Yeah to add and fifty cent do that together, so's salute to them. It was a it was a great night. All right, Well let's get the show. Cracker Killer Mike will be joining us this morning and kill.
Speaker 2: Mike got a Valentine, an amazing Valentine named Shae Bigger, dropping the clues bombs for shape Bigger, Okay, Killer Mike married a black woman. Most of his critics did not. We will talk about it, all right, and we got tesling figure os front page news when we come back. It's the breakfast Slow Good.
Speaker 7: Morning morning everybody at ceej n V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage, the God. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Tis, good morning, DJ and be, good morning, Charlamagne and God, Good morning, Jess Hilarious, and thank you for giving us that little speech.
Speaker 11: Just wanting to talk to talk girl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good morning, queen, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Let's normally let's normalize people mine in a business. Let's go hey better.
Speaker 8: And you know, I see, I can't even I can't even say mining business because I mind people's business all the time. I just make sure I know all the facts before mine is somebody business. But I'll say people watch them mouth. I mean, I don't tell people keep my name of the mouth. Just watch it, just watch well, no worry about it.
Speaker 11: I'll say it for you.
Speaker 10: Mind your business all the things, baby, the baby man, the bag, the career, and can't nobody speak on how you gonna move with you go? Everybody to mind their business.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, let's start off with a quick sports salute to Shaquille O'Neill. His jersey is retired by Orlando Magic. This is the fourth teen three NBA teams and LSU his college teams.
Speaker 2: So salute to Shaquille O'Neill. Who Miami Lakers.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, okay, that's right, yep, So salute to Shack. All right, Now, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about the House Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the.
Speaker 10: First time ever, Homeland Security Secretary Mayor Orchis was impeached.
Speaker 11: First time this said happened. Let's go to CBS for the.
Speaker 2: Report Capitol Hill.
Speaker 12: The House has voted to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. This is only the second time in American history the House has impeached the cabinet secretary. Republicans claimed the Biden administration's handling of the border warrens, removing Mayorkas from his post. Only three Republicans opposed the moon.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what impeachment means anymore, What does that mean for him to be in peach because you know, we saw Trump getting peached twice and nothing happened, So what does this mean.
Speaker 10: Well, in this particular issue, of this particular case, they did impeach in the House, but when it goes to the Senate Charlemagne that is controlled by the Democrats, it would more than likely be rejected. But this is pretty much, if we just want to be honest about it, a statement that Republicans are making that is saying that, hey, there is a problem at the border, there is an immigration problem, and they are blaming this on him, saying that it is out of control. Speaker Mike Johnson said that he has fueled the worst border catastrophe in American history, so that the blame on the Homeland Security secretary, saying that he needs to go. They said that the Biden administration has either gotten rid of policies that were in place under the Trump administration that were deterring migrants, or that the Biden administration implemented policies of their own that have attracted migrants.
Speaker 11: So this is more part of.
Speaker 10: Their campaign that's saying we're willing to push the line all the way to the end, including impeaching the House Stary, the secretary for the problems with the border. But more than likely it will not happen. It will be rejected once it goes to the Senate.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't it be the fault of the folks who won't vote for any type of border legislation.
Speaker 10: Of course it could be, but that would make too much logical sense. This is a this is all about, you know, making.
Speaker 1: Making a statement.
Speaker 10: Republicans are really serious about this, from the dropping off the migrants, you know, in various cities, from uh, we see what happened in Texas with literally putting.
Speaker 11: Up bob wire and continuing to do that. So they're serious.
Speaker 10: They're running on this campaign of the migrants and anything they can draw attention to that they can draw uh, you know, more conversation around that this is what they're doing. And so they've they've certainly made history by doing this, but unfortunate, well not unfortunately, but the reality is it probably won't go anywhere once it gets to the Senate.
Speaker 2: It's just interesting though, because you know, it's on both sides. Because Biden has presented some border legislation Republicans didn't want to do it. Republicans presented some border legislation once ago, Democrats didn't want to do it. So it's just like, when will they all get on the same page that actually fix the problem in America. How come America cannot fix problems?
Speaker 11: Well, it's all about scoring points, yep.
Speaker 10: So it's all about when Democrats had the House in the Senate, they had an opportunity to fix the border. So Republicans are saying, no, we're not going to give you that win, and no, it doesn't make sense. It's not really helping the people. But it's all about scoring points. So they said, if you put Trump back in that they'll do it. So let's sing unfortunate side of politics unfortunately.
Speaker 7: All right, Well that is front page news. What are we talking about next hour here?
Speaker 10: You guys, remember George Santos who was a spell from his seat, speaking of flipping seats back. They went back to Democrats, So New York Democrats have his seat. I'll tell you a little bit about that. And also all the advertising dollars that were made from the super Bowl. We've been talking about that all week, but all those dollars were made, but that is not stopping paramount from laying off hundreds of people.
Speaker 11: So I'll give you more of that at the top of the album.
Speaker 7: All right, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent bowl lines to wide open, it's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Five five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 13: This is Destiny from the eighth four.
Speaker 2: To three long century. What's happening?
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Jeff Charlomagne and Djmgo. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day. If you have someone, if you don't, you know, take today's to love on yourself because self love is the most important.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 14: And I also wanted to stay not pertaining to that. If you see something, please say something, because this past weekend I witnessed a young boy getting by someone who just both in my heart. I stopped and I call the police.
Speaker 13: I don't care what anyone says.
Speaker 4: I'm going to call the policeman.
Speaker 14: I'll see something like that because if that was my kid, I would want someone to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely saw what he got hit by a call You said.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was a young boy riding the bike. He flew in the air, laid it on.
Speaker 15: The car, and just kept going.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Did they catch the person?
Speaker 11: Y'all?
Speaker 14: No, I couldn't.
Speaker 13: They asked me if I saw the license plate. But they were going east to.
Speaker 11: West and I was going north.
Speaker 2: To south where.
Speaker 14: I was in Florid.
Speaker 2: Damn Florence. Come on, now, we don't get down like that in South Carolina. No, we gotta do better. Lord, have mer I.
Speaker 8: Hope that baby is okay, and I'm glad that you come with this message.
Speaker 1: If you see something, say something for sure.
Speaker 13: Yes, well, y'all have a blast day.
Speaker 1: You too.
Speaker 2: How can you even live with that on doing that knowing you hit a child and you just keep going and.
Speaker 1: He landed on your Car's going.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 15: This is Chris?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning? And I want to say times y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tarler Maine.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, y'all was taking out to a Brilliant Idiots podcast and.
Speaker 16: Y'all was you were glasses was going to discription box he pop artists are hip hop or not.
Speaker 15: And I feel like I put both of.
Speaker 16: Y'all side though, But I like my Glasses was explaining that though he was on point, like he was saying for good points man, because you know, off of Florida, and I look at Koak and implies or tricked at it like they hip hop.
Speaker 15: They part of the culture. If you throw oot, if you throw our floor rider, I wouldn't really say he hip hop because he's not explaining or giving up the way.
Speaker 4: How we living down here whatever.
Speaker 2: But that that kind of that kind of defeats glasses point though, because you know, even if Florida music don't reflect that Florida from the hood.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know why we think just because we're from the hood that we're all just one way, Like there's so much diversity of thought in the in the in the slums we come from.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 15: That's why I got what you saying when he was saying about Jake Cob and you were saying like he could have been like a kid that wasn't outside like that, but he's still from the hood. Why get both of youll sides? And I like those conversations. Man, that that was dope out the three idiots and classes. You know what I'm saying, you out?
Speaker 2: Thank you man. Make sure you drive the Glasses Below podcast and No Ceilings podcast on the Black Fact iHeart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 7: Get it off your Chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: If you need to vent, hit us up now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club, and Foday is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Wait up, whether you're mad.
Speaker 1: Or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 15: Who's this Brandon College from Virginia.
Speaker 2: Brandon, VA. We're part of Virginia.
Speaker 15: I'm as right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, seventy five seven. Get it off your chest? Brother?
Speaker 15: Oh man, I was calling to congratulate jefs on no pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Thank you all of course.
Speaker 15: And I was trying to shoot my photography shot, but apparently you already got a photography, so no hearts broken?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Have you tried to do it that maternity to shoot?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, well I appreciate you I appreciate you shooting this.
Speaker 9: I do it's anybody, if anybody else, I didn't need to shut follow me on Instagram.
Speaker 15: Uh b E underscore U H M U S.
Speaker 2: E D S yes, sir, it all?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 15: DJ Andy?
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 9: From page oh?
Speaker 2: From page oh? What up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Hey, big us man?
Speaker 3: Breakfast club?
Speaker 17: What's going on?
Speaker 15: Charlamagin my lady?
Speaker 1: Huh Charlemagne, your lady.
Speaker 15: Charlomagne the God and my lady.
Speaker 1: Word matter?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 9: Hey real quick man, just with the genius Kanye West Man. I say we got to start paying this brother down man, because these folks are already doing that form. And I'm upset with the fact that they know that everyone's afraid of this anti semitism regardless. But I'm all up staying is this is a relief system. Were condemn this man over a beliefs and you to stop his money like that, like this is our dreams, this is our well. You guys say he's a genius, but this is a black man, billionaire black man, and the down playing with the fact money because of a belief system. I think it's terrible. We got to stop acting like we gotta keep apologized at the time. Somebody says something an topthletics and they can talk about black.
Speaker 13: People, no problems.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to, I want to. I want to offer you something right. Uh, based off your logic, racism is a belief system. Uh, Sexism is a belief system.
Speaker 9: Like what does that mean created by the system, not by us?
Speaker 2: What do you mean meaning we're wizaresses on your old planet?
Speaker 9: So we are already on the land.
Speaker 15: The whole problem.
Speaker 2: So if a white person says something negative about a black person that's considered racist, we should just say, oh, that's their belief system. It's okay.
Speaker 9: No, that's the thing. See, this ain't even a black and white thing. This is a white on white thing. That's my point. Did Jews know that white folks are afraid to say the word anything about Jewish folks? This is what they deal with. It's a police they took on the leaf visto. We don't have to take it.
Speaker 4: We already to know who they are.
Speaker 9: And all I'm saying is to make you guys apologize because they can show your money, they cut your check. If you guys can't say anything about them intention it's lasting me.
Speaker 2: It's it's ridiculous. I think that I think that everything that Kanye West is going through it self inflicted. I agree with you, and I think that I think if you, I think the best way to not disturb your piece is to not disturb the piece of others.
Speaker 15: Interesting.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're happy Valentine's Day, sir, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. Now we got just with the mess when we come back.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do.
Speaker 8: We're talking about how Oklahoma they opted not to play Beyonce's country music and so.
Speaker 1: The behalf step than y'all. I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you all more about.
Speaker 2: It, all right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club in the morning, The breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Everybody's STJ n v J.
Speaker 7: Hilarys Chelamage the guy we are the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 2: The number one song in the country right there, Jack Harlough. Really no song in the country on billboard.
Speaker 1: The whips and Chains, not the name of us.
Speaker 2: Love it on me? Well, a white man telling y'all that he don't love the number one song in the country.
Speaker 18: Damn it, I know that, right, Jack, Well, let's get to Jess with the mess is gonna bring numbers on the practice club.
Speaker 19: The Stacks.
Speaker 8: And Oklahoma radio station was targeted by the Beehive after an email was released showing that they did not plan to play these.
Speaker 1: New country songs.
Speaker 8: The general manager at k y KSE said he received an email asking if they will play Beyonce's new songs, the country ones, and he responded, simply, we do not play Beyonce on k Why's k C because she's not a country artist. He defended his email by saying that pretty much they don't play anybody's like it isn't isn't. They don't play anybody's country music. I mean, they don't play anybody's music that's not a country artist, you know. But of course we know the be how I'm gonna do their job. They're gonna over investigate and they feel like these are country songs.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So, he said the station received over two thousand emails and one thousand calls, over one thousand calls from the behive. People accuse him of being racist and all of that, but he says the station is not racist. We love Beyonce, but that's for anybody, like if she's not a country artist, we want to play our music. And then he also said that they don't play new music immediately anyway, They wait a few weeks to see how the record does. And also they wait for a lot of the other larger stations in Oklahoma to play records before they do.
Speaker 1: Let's play a sippet up, Texas, hold them.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, I'm not a big country music fan, but that gives country up and down.
Speaker 2: All this to these stations are based on genre, and they not actually basing it off with the song. Sounds like they're basing it off who the artist is. Like that happened plenty of times in hip hop hip hop radio. Remember there was Lord. Remember back in the day, there was certain Rihanna records they didn't play because Rihanna was considered a pop artist, you know, so there were certain songs hip hop and R and B stations wouldn't play, and it was freaking Rihanna.
Speaker 8: Well listen to Beehive really got to them because they added one of Beyonce country songs to the rotation. And this was yesterday. By yesterday afternoon it was being played.
Speaker 2: I remember too, that Katie Perry record that JUCJ produced, Oh Horse. Yeah, even though that was a hip hop and R and B sounding song, hip hop and R and B didn't it was at first they was like, now that's Katy Perry, We're not playing that. I think. I think eventually they started.
Speaker 1: They started playing it. Yeah, Yeah, that was that. That was my jam though, I ain't gonna lie so that jam.
Speaker 8: Also, it's important to note that Beyonce is the first black female artist to reach the top of Apple Music US Country chart in history. She is also the first black female artists to occupy the first and second position on chart on the charts simultaneously.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's these records.
Speaker 8: I also want to add real quick, I saw on a variety of the blog last night that they are calling her song country themed. That's like calling it a you know, a parody is when it's country coded. Yeah, yeah, it's country themed. It's just it's country. It's country. Stop baging like she ain't a country woman and she ain't been in her country bag all right, so she can she can have albums and and you know music and all genres.
Speaker 1: Stop banging like, people can't do that.
Speaker 7: She's from Texas. Guys likes not forget she's from Texas, and.
Speaker 2: People don't understand the history of black people in country music.
Speaker 1: Don't understand it.
Speaker 8: That's why I said, that's why we's getting That's why we're getting a country album and a rock album. She hitting all them genres that they took from us.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. Brandon Marshall says Taylor Swift had come like a removed from the super Bowl. We got audio for listening.
Speaker 19: Kanye West pulls up to Vegas. Kanye West pulls up to the super Bowl. Kanye West buys a ticket right in front of Katy Perry's booth. So anytime Jesus they were going to be showing Katy Perry, Kanye's face was gonna be there.
Speaker 2: He had a mask from with his lobo on the mask.
Speaker 5: Right, did you say in front of Taylor's booth or Katy Perry's booth?
Speaker 2: Oh my my bet, my.
Speaker 19: Bet, sorry, in front of Taylor Swift's booth, kissed off keep boom boom, makes a caller too.
Speaker 2: Everybody's involved. He gets kicked out the stadium, dropping the clud for Brandon Marshall, you should always get famous white people mixed up for all the time. All the time they do it to us, you have to do it. Brandon knew what he was doing, Luthor, Brandon, I.
Speaker 1: Know that's right, but I'm glad he did correct this off.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 8: We we know Katy probably wouldn't have a problem with Callye sitting up there.
Speaker 1: But just just let's just be honest here, Swift, she she didn't, That wouldn't be wrong.
Speaker 7: I think we would have seen it though. I think we don't believe that Kanye getting escorted out. Yeah, there's no such thing as that that happened. And even if it was only five minutes, it wouldn't be everywhere the day and the age of everybody having cameras, somebody would have take that.
Speaker 8: Yes, even if, like I said, if it were true, I wouldn't be mad at Taylor Swift for making that decision, you know what I'm saying, Like I just wouldn't be like years ago, are we not forgetting that he you know, stole her moment to give to Beyonce? You know what I mean that I don't care black white whatever. You know what I'm saying, Like a moment like that, and for him to do something so radical like that, I mean.
Speaker 2: She don't have that kind of power. If Kanye was in a box, sure, but if you sitting in front of the box and I paid for a ticket and I'm in front of your box, I mean don't know about that.
Speaker 17: She does.
Speaker 2: Have the power to do it. But I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think he got a case that you can't remove me. I bought a ticket.
Speaker 1: Well, then will had.
Speaker 8: To go through that case because I'm gonna make calls too. I'm gonna make ca to I'm sorry, Kanye, but let you finish. But go sit over there.
Speaker 1: You're right, I'm leaving. But I'm saying we ought debating something that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: That's true. There's no way, there's no way this happened.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, it's a way that it happened.
Speaker 8: But anyway, according to TMZ, a rep for Kanye did say, this is a completely fabricated rumor. It is not true. So to your point, they did say that it wasn't true, but we we have no way of knowing. I'm just saying if it did, I wouldn't be upset at Sanwich decision to get removed.
Speaker 2: But it was the highest rated super Bowl ever. Somebody would have saw Kanye ci somebody.
Speaker 1: I told you, I thought, well, I am with him on the stage. I was gonna say, oh my god, I should got out Kanye.
Speaker 2: You stupid, Oh you stupid, stupid, stupid. The director show Tylor Swiff is a country artist too. And you know we about to play Beyonce's new record right now. Absolutely.
Speaker 8: She also got another one called sixteen Carriages, which I think is a country ballad because she is singing our pipes out on that one.
Speaker 1: So y'all listen to both of them.
Speaker 2: And can I say something else? You know, I have a book in print called Black Privilege Publishing with Simon and Schuster. You know, I next release on the Black Privilege Publishing is titled My Black Country by Vanderbilt professor Alice Randall. Alice Randall was the first black woman to write a number one country hit. Yes, he wrote a song Patricia Yearwood in nineteen ninety four called Exus Exis Exus and Old Olds Olds. And she is putting out a book called My Black Country that tells the journey of a black America's Black present, past and future in country music. It's always a book and it'll be it'll be out night, but it's available for pre order right now.
Speaker 8: And why should be paid for interviews?
Speaker 1: You knows you already know I write a book.
Speaker 2: They actually did an article yesterday in the Washington Post talking about Beyonce's country journey, and Alice Randall was quoted all throughout the article. So, yes, My Black Country will be out April night, but you can pre order it now. To be a black privileged publisher, Simon and Schuston, that's my book in print, all right?
Speaker 1: That you said that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: You know you got went the way my book coming? Uh? Do I need to write something about the white country out there yet?
Speaker 4: Jess?
Speaker 2: Jesus, wow you guys.
Speaker 1: And then now maybe I get some more money for the book. That's guys, guys. How you doing, guys? That's just with the best.
Speaker 7: Now when we come back, tesslam Figure will be joining us for Front Page News, and then.
Speaker 1: Killer Michael be here. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is dj n V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. All right, now, let's talk about House gops.
Speaker 10: Well, good morning everybody, Good morning, dj mvy jess, hilarious, charlamage of God, Happy.
Speaker 1: Valentine's Day, thank you, good morning heed.
Speaker 10: Well, Republicans, you guys, remember that George Santos was put out of his seat. He was expelled, remember for all those lies. Well, they had to have a special election for that, and Republicans raised with them. Majority in the House just became even slimmer. Democrat Tom Suwassu won the special election last night in New York's third congressional district. Again, it was a Republican seat now is Democrat, and they've been able to move that over and flip that he won, and he said he wants to find bipartisan solutions. He said it's time to move forward past the petty partisanship which we hear all the time. But hopefully maybe he'll get some luck with that. He said, he's tired of the bickering and the finger pointing. It's time to focus on how to solve problems. So this was a race that a lot of folks were watching. They were wanting to see if Republicans will be able to keep it, and they did not, but they still control the House. But this gives Democrats just a little bit more power on in the House representatives.
Speaker 7: All right, now, let's jump to Paramount Global. They laid off eight hundred employees.
Speaker 11: Absolutely. So we've had a lot of conversation this week.
Speaker 10: People have talked about all of the money that came in with advertising, big conversation, and so I thought this story was important to envy because all of the money that they brought in still laid off eight hundred employees. So Paramount Global, the owner of the broadcast and cable TV networks, announced Tuesday it will lay off hundreds of staffers as the media giant looks to reduce costs and grow revenue. Now, this news comes days after the CBS network saw record breaking advertising sales at its highest.
Speaker 11: Rated telecasts for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 10: Sources familiar say that it is about eight hundred people are roughly a three percent cut among those impacted, with some of the high highest profile journalist at CBS News.
Speaker 11: Now, the media giant is.
Speaker 10: Attempting to transition this business from traditional linear television to streaming, which a lot of people are doing that, and so it just announced that you know, despite the fact of having one hundred and twenty three point four million viewers, marking the largest US audience since the nineteen sixty nine Moon landing, it still was not enough in order to keep those employees working. So I thought that was an interesting conversation. As we talk about how much money came from the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Well that's folks never knowing exactly what they're talking about, because you know, they talking about with all the money they made on the Super Bowl this Sunday, they didn't know what was going on with paramount before. Paramount is almost seventeen billion dollars in debt. Jesus, That's why they've been trying to sell you know what I'm saying. So you know, you can't jump in the game bottom of the knife and be like, look at all the money and made it the super Bowl. They gonna pay off all the people. No, they They're almost seventeen billion dollars in debt.
Speaker 1: So this goes years, years, years and years back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one super Bowl cans.
Speaker 2: That's why I've been all these rumors about them selling. Remember, they was like Bayern Island presented some things for them cell and I think they said, I think it was Warner or somebody. They were talking about them Warner potentially merging with So yeah, they're almost seventeen billion dollars.
Speaker 1: At debt, y'all somebody and that like that. That's like, Marry is somebody that you knowing that like my daddy your debt?
Speaker 11: Right, I'm cool on man.
Speaker 10: Well, just as another point of the news industry did see some cuts also in twenty twenty four, in twenty twenty three Los Angeles Times, Time and Business Insiders. So just a lot of layoffs in the industry. But yeah, I didn't know that Charlotte. Seventeen billion is a lot that's almost impossible to recover.
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, I mean that's why, honestly, that's why it's been so hard to sell. I g it's a million different you know, articles about it. Like people they ask that question all the time. Is their global debt getting in the way it was? Selle I would I would have to say, probably.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, Well that is all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tez, thank you, and make sure you follow at Teslin Figureo on all social media platforms at tesling Figureo and subscribe to her podcast a great shot, no chase of podcasts on the blackfect iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, the Grammy Award winner Killer Micha will be joining us.
Speaker 2: Were gonna kick it with him next It don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest.
Speaker 7: In the building. Yes, indeed, three times Grammy winner this year. This year, ladies and gentlemen, Killer Mike.
Speaker 2: I don't think people understand Mike, how you manifested all this From the beginning, before this album was even in the ecosystem, you were saying you was gonna win Rap Album of the Year. You said you wanted to win Rap Album of the Year the Grammys. How long have you been a master manifested surf man.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I guess since I was.
Speaker 3: I was nine years old and I told the niece, who was twenty five at the time, my mother she had when she was sixteen. I'll never forget. I was like, Mama, want to be an EMC And she was smoking the joint and she said.
Speaker 4: That was the mission. The next year she sent me to the French.
Speaker 3: Fence at Tea and me and my cousin, she just put our ass out on the corn of the Omni and said, here, get tickets.
Speaker 4: This is how you get in and have your little asses back out on the corner.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, and I remember me and my cousin went in and we were stating in New York.
Speaker 2: She had a cheap seats and we stating and we watching fucking.
Speaker 3: Gold changed Alldage when my fight breakout bits bit when they had the big self all kind of wild crazy, you know, when they had that actually like a briefcase self. I'm just like, this is what I want to do with my life. And ever since then, every step I made has been toward being an MC. But I will say every challenge I was given I accepted. My fourth grade teacher she said, you too smart to be a rapper, you should.
Speaker 2: Be a pilot.
Speaker 3: I ended up with a guy named mister Jim Burtow when I was sixteen years old learning how to fly planes. Me and Slim for one twelve And that was based on the challenge. So all that to say, you can manifest whatever you want to, but accept the challenges along the way. I met I met a little dude at a small radio station in South Carolina, and I remember the radio rep telling us how afraid they were him. They wouldn't even go in the room with him. And then I got a room with him. He was like he one of my favorite rappers. And the next thing you know, I seen that dude on Wendy Williams. Next thing you know, I seen that dude just pushing that person end up being charlemagneaud It is one of my better friends and brothers. I saw this comedian. She was funny as hell, just doing skits, and I telling my pothers like, now you gotta see this. She she funny, is a mother and now you're co hosting. I remember seeing his baby. I ain't thank much of him. That's my man, you jail my daddy call I just be breaking involved, but so at the table with a bunch of manifestos, and I call him.
Speaker 4: Believers.
Speaker 3: You have to surround yourself with believers. You have to be inspired by people who are believers. So I guess since I was nine years old, if you tell yourself whatever that child is, and you tell yourself.
Speaker 4: I think you should chase and follow.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy. I remember that day like it was yesterday, when you and Big Boy and the rest of the problem of the stations, because you walked in East. I like them George's. I had on some Jordan's three or something it might have been, and then I wore too probably that time at the time, Laughy Taffy had just came out and I hadn't felt it in the Strip club yet, so I was just hearing and I was like, man, I don't like this record. I was like, man, it's record whack And you said, man, them boys will beat your ass.
Speaker 3: The boy from the hood shouts out to the boy was from going home and Bankhead. That was for real. But you know, you know, I think Southerners man, we you know, we we know how the party laugh, have a good time. But it's a seriousness to us that I think people take for time. I'm glad I got a chance to put Fabo as entertaining as he is on a real serious record.
Speaker 1: What is what is three Grammys mean to you?
Speaker 3: Well, according to my I meant twenty thousand more per show. Your absolutely according according to me, though it's a personal accomplishment because in the fiftieth year of hip hop, I've made the best possible representation of hip hop album and it meant the world to me to do that because I was a kid who grew up in the South, Me and Charlemagne, hip hop wasn't accessible.
Speaker 2: It wasn't you know.
Speaker 3: You gotta look at it like that was no way you was gonna be where you are, be where I am. It was just something you were voide if you weren't from say La or New York. So for me, it means everything because it's all I've ever wanted to do. All I wanted to be was considered the top TMC and in the fifty year of hip hop, to have made the best hip hop album means the world to me because nothing means more to me than this art. For him, nothing means more to me than my artistic passion and pursuit of perfection through them seeing So it means the world to me, and I think a lot of other people who have gotten it have either really appreciated like me or taken for granted that it's something that couldn't have happened.
Speaker 2: I don't take any of it for granted, did you.
Speaker 7: Feel a way that they didn't have your award ceremony on TV?
Speaker 1: And the reason I asked this, it's funny.
Speaker 7: We were just talking to me and just behind the scenes, and Usher did an interview with Gail and he was like, I want eight Grammys and every time I want a Grammy, Yeah, it was never on television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, that's Usher. He just did the Super Bowl. Yeah, I mean, so does it feel bittersweet at all or as Nope, not at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wanted to be on TV. But if not, it's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have time when when it's good.
Speaker 3: If she give me something on playing even like something like you gotta be grateful. You know, I wanted to be on TV. I want to be on TV. But how much complain that can I do? In the moment where you sweet when you win three? You get what I'm saying, Like, at some point the Grammy is gonna be like, damn, we missed a moment, you know, But I would like us to be on TV.
Speaker 4: But we weren't on TV.
Speaker 3: Twenty years ago when I won and I protested and we took to a bus and sunset, we threw a We threw one of them l a ass drug groopy parties and wild it out and woke up the next morning. I didn't nobody know where they were, so I always regret it not going though, I ain't gonna lie. So this time around, man, I was like, I ain't gonna miss waining no tuck ster and and give my girl in a nice dress and going out and I had a good time. So I hate that they didn't get televised, but I'm very happy to have swept swept mind.
Speaker 2: I still feel like it was some type of conspiracy. I feel like he was afraid of radical black Michael Rinda and what he might get on that stage and say.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is though Jay was hitting me. I didn't realize that as I was as you know, as I was going through. I think Jay was hit me like hold on, stick around, I want to toat you. I want you to and then he hit me later saying I was gonna see my time, do you somebody?
Speaker 2: I said that during Donkey to Day. But when I said, I said during Donkey to Day, it would have been dope to see Jay bring Mike up on thing. But then somebody hit me and said, that's what Jay was playing in to day was he was going to bring you up during his when he was excepting the wo for the doctor dre thing.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah it's love though.
Speaker 2: You got that text after you got out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me and here laughing, He said you want to He wanted to go and get locked love with the biggest moment Elver.
Speaker 4: I was laughing and it was hilarious. It was a laird. You couldn't do nothing Like how.
Speaker 2: That make you feel like? Come on now?
Speaker 4: That makes me feel good? Like I got a lot of respect for home.
Speaker 2: I talked.
Speaker 3: I talked to him like off off camera. We we go back and forth, and he's constantly sending encouragement.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I tell him like, I'm a mentee. I need mentorship. I've never been in this part of it before, so give me some advice. And I just appreciate it, you know what I mean. I appreciate anybody who in parts and wisdom on me. And he's been generous enough to do it a lot. So I hate we missed that moment, but it's more moments to come, you know it is. I mean, listen, I'm not gonna scretch about what didn't happen.
Speaker 2: But man, can you imagine Jay Z with a boy killer Mike on that stage while he was accepting his award for the Doctor Dre speech? Do you understuring Black History Month? Come on, do you even know what you was gonna say?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 4: God would have used me as a vest.
Speaker 1: You really sell brooms?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, we made a lot of money too. Something buy me another breaks down in Miami.
Speaker 3: Man shouts out, I made a lot of money off the bro Oh way, y'all please keep applying it so these folks keep shopping. I didn't even know park like this shot sound to the streamers in the youth. Man, y'all have taught me a lot. Man, I know my man Kyle was upset. Yeah, shout out to cos Now. I don't hey, man, I didn't know who she was either. But listen, but listen now that I know my man, let me bring.
Speaker 1: A broom through your room.
Speaker 13: You know what I mean?
Speaker 21: You know?
Speaker 3: My partner all set, so you know, see if we can put it together. Because I ain't hate no none of y'all. Man, I ain't hate no no.
Speaker 22: Oh.
Speaker 3: I want to see you win. I want to see it happened, So you know I'm sorry your boy didn't get it. Well, no, I'm not because I won. But shouts out to Travis.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I've seen him grow from south By Southwest. I ain't got no hate nobody. I want you to win, but if we competing, I'm absolutely there to win.
Speaker 7: We got more with Killer Mike. When we come back to Don't Move, it's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, wanting everybody. It's stee j n V, Jesse, Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Killer Mike, Charlamage.
Speaker 2: I wanted to Kyles is a good Yo. Here's one of the good. I can tell the good.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know he started out of Jesus. Hey, I want to thank God who like this Mother, the Lord, the same person.
Speaker 6: You're just Jesus.
Speaker 2: It's on my side.
Speaker 23: Too.
Speaker 2: You should know what should have did? He should have did what Kenny Smith did. But I saw Kenny Smith say he saw Mike winning Rapbob of the Year. He hadn't listened it album. If something wins award of that magnitude, go listen to this and then have a conversation about it.
Speaker 3: But I feel, I feel I want fans like kay, I'm just here to tim Kys. You grow, you're a twenty two y'ar old, I got a twenty one year old. Because you're a leader, You're a leader team, you got a bunch of money. Now as you grow into your leadership, this album's going to be more and more relevant to you.
Speaker 4: When you fall in love with a girl, when you have a child, you grow a family like Envy Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: Just when as you matriculate more into adulthood, because you're a young man, this album is going to mean more and more to you. So in the same way that I might didn't understand Curtis may Feel or Marvin Gaye at the time my mother first played it. By the time I was fifteen, I started to understand. By the time I was twenty five, I was living it. By the time I was thirty five, I absolutely had the science testimony. So it's an album that's gonna grow with you. And again, congratulators, I'm not one of them, old mad I appreciate Joe Budden for defending me. Thank you, you know, for saying this has got a dope ass album. But I don't want to go to war with your young I want you to check out some records, pick up some games, so you know, get caught up in the same boys we did.
Speaker 2: I told him last year he did.
Speaker 4: I told him, yeah, we you know, I didn't have any doubts.
Speaker 3: What I realized you have to do, though, is you have to stay in constant campaign old because you can't assume people know you. That's Cay show me, Yeah, you got You gotta stay in people's faces. You gotta be gracious, and you gotta show people that you know. My record is not about me as much as it about us. It's about a generation. It's a generational statement. It's not just a classic record. When you look at I remember when Envy was the young boy, literally was the young And look at the man he's matriculating it too, you know what I mean Again, I remember you just popping up on my ig.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, damn.
Speaker 3: And look at this woman now dominant force and media. Remember this brother was in months corner out. We was in with Columbia plummya South Carolina. So there's room to grow. And I just want to encourage all of us to grow and stop discouraging each other. You know, I think as black people, we can do a better job of encouraging even if we disagree. I think we can do a better job of encouraging. And we are the worse. We the best, but then we the worst with each other. Well, we didn't taught to be that way too. What we move from a place of lack. We moved from a place and we think there's not enough. We move from a place of desperation. We moved from a place of defense. But we don't always have to. And I say we because the world is bigger than Atlanta. But that's not the world I grew up in. The world I grew up in. It was very encouraging. Greatness was expected of you. And all my heroes and villains look like me. Just how the Metro by the way too, and another just great brother that was in that category. In Atlanta, you are expected to work hard and succeed.
Speaker 2: If you're black.
Speaker 3: You're not giving the excuse of that it can't work for you. Because everybody you see successful in my neighborhood looked like me, and everybody who was a failure look like me. So I understood failing and success to be an account of personal decisions as well as just a lot of systemic that goes on. That's we're not never gonna argue that. But in Atlanta, where I grew up, the special thing was that I never believed possibility was not so I always believed it was possible. So, you know, for me, Man, I expected to be here. I didn't know it was gonna take this long on the journey, I didn't understand God's process. I didn't understand on what was my purpose? But I knew I had a purpose. I didn't know what the journey was taking years.
Speaker 2: You didn't understand what your purpose was? No, I didn't. You seem like a very purpose for brothers.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to be an MC.
Speaker 3: But I did what was right when I was called to do it. That's that's all, you know what I mean. I'm not taking advantage of situations. That's why I don't chase every ambulance. I'm not popping up talking on everything. But when the time calls for it, I'm there. But I just always wanted to be an MC. But God had other plans.
Speaker 2: What does the Michael trilogy look like to you?
Speaker 4: Well, I've already started working.
Speaker 3: I got out a grammy night and the next night I was in the studio and Mike Will, so shout out to Mike Will and talk on on Wilder to a co producers with when running the Jewels, to help people run the jewel. So I was in the studio the next night. So the next one, just know, I'm going deeper. You know, if you if you hear something for junkies, you gonna hear deeper cuts. If you heard you know, when you hear Motherless, you know about Denise and Betty, You're gonna hear some Miss Betty Die tribes on that. You're gonna you're gonna hear more of that, because I honestly think that this perspective has never been shown to hip hop again. We stayed in the place so long where we we thought of a young person's game. We've kind of only accepted a young person's perspective. But man, if you grew up in the nineties, your perspective is grown. You know, in the nineties, man, it was everything from Sister Soldier to you know, to Pe then going into the n w U A's and Dres and snoops.
Speaker 4: All that experience has meant something.
Speaker 3: You know, you went from working at the ups to figuring it out starting your own business. So my thing is, I think that there's a longer story in Michael, and I just like to take people on the path this trilogy and see what we end up after the next two. And you know, I got the next decade of soul planned out for me, and I think it's gonna be a lot of dope music. But I know it's gonna be a lot of dope music. And I hope you don't like it. I need you on the next album, just you're gonna say I.
Speaker 4: Need you, I need you, I need you.
Speaker 3: Shouts out to my man Ryan Davis. Ryan was like, man, I saw a bloger. He was like, man, he kept asking me to be on it. I didn't. I didn't tell you what tounity, So Ryan, I want on there. But I need that baby Mama waiting to see what.
Speaker 11: What's going down.
Speaker 1: My brother killer Mike in the building. Man, congratulations for everything.
Speaker 10: Not only did you sweep, God is doing his business with you making sure everybody here is that album because it is just an amazing thing. You are healing people, Mike for sure. So congratulations to you, brother, every no Skip album. Heal in our community.
Speaker 3: I new tell ain't I ain't wanna tell letus be arguing for about politics. I just wanted my sister here because man being with y'all too. Man, I can man, I could fight the world with Jason Tails. I can go against the world, man, because they're gonna clown your ass and be smarter than.
Speaker 2: On a lot of different platforms. Why do you intentionally do that?
Speaker 3: Because she's the leader. So you have organizers and you have mobilizers. Right, an organizer on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly basis is doing the work. Mobilizers are informed by the organizers, and mobilizers use their platform to mobilize the people.
Speaker 24: Right.
Speaker 3: So if you have someone say doctor King was an organized at first, the bigger platform he got. You had Snick coming in after the SELC. You had Kwame Toure, then on the Stokely Carmichael, you had John Lewis who was then a member of SNAK. They were doing the on the ground organizing in place like Mary and Alabama selling Alabama. Doctor King would come in, what's being organized, what's the angle we got? Boom, this is how we're gonna do it, and the organizations would work together to bring the people together, the great greater bring greater awareness. Tessling does this on a daily basis, and a lot of times a person that's doing it on a daily basis goes unaccredited, that go unnamed. That work gets used by bigger organizations and people, money gets misused, and it never makes it to where it should be. So with my platform, I intend to spotlight the organizers that do the work. Ten shouldn't have to go around introducing herself to people. They should know it when she's walking thro room because she does the work. So if I'm a singing dance for a living and it's gonna get the talk to me on the internet, talk all that you want, because I'm just a mobilizer and I'm gonna go sing a dance for some more money.
Speaker 4: But you will not deny this organizers work.
Speaker 3: You won't deny this black woman that's working on the behalf of us on an everyday basis. You won't deny the ability of her to train other people to run for local office. When I believe in working hyper local and she trains you how to do this, you want to not a national work that she's done alone and alongside being crunk.
Speaker 4: You won't act like she don't exist.
Speaker 3: You won't try to treat it like the average chick who just pretty God pretty braids pop up on the Internet and then you can get rid of it.
Speaker 2: You won't do it.
Speaker 4: She's a mastermind politically.
Speaker 3: So for me, if I didn't do this, I wouldn't be doing what my grandmother told me I'm supposed to do. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't be doing with those who supported Martin did. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't be doing what the Nation of this Loan did when it was reforming black people and giving you people like Malcolm X, people like mss Farchan. If I didn't do it, this's I'd be wrong and God wouldn't be pleased with me. So I'm just simply doing what I'm supposed to do, and I'm gonna do it every single time.
Speaker 1: I now keep a locking up more with Killer Mike.
Speaker 7: We definitely got to get into what happened after you on your Grammy, so we'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 1: So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, go on.
Speaker 2: That's right. We are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: DJ n V just hilarious, charlamage the guy we're still kicking it with Killer Mike chawmcke me.
Speaker 2: And tell Us talk about this all the time. It's just strange to me, how when it comes to like you and Brian Kemp, right, people will say, well, Brian Kemp supports the voter suppression of black people, so how could Mike support him. I've never heard Mike say he support Brian Kemp. I've heard Mike say he supports certain policies that Brian Camp passed. But when it comes to somebody like, you know, a President Biden, if somebody bring up the ninety four crime bill, they'll be like, that's the past, don't worry about focused on what the policies he's presenting now. So I'm like, how can you understand it with Biden? But not with but with Mike and Kemp on.
Speaker 4: A lot of people just don't want to like me.
Speaker 2: And that's fine. People don't want to not like you. That's fine.
Speaker 4: I'm still rich.
Speaker 1: Rich.
Speaker 3: I ain't got white yet, but I'm still rich. Got a bunch of old school calls. My wife told me he was walking out. She said, you know, you ain't got no debt. She said, on the debt, you have the ware house she bought, She said, everything, pay it off. She said, you live like a drug dealers. You know what I mean, because I don't want no debt, because debt makes your slave. You know, I got good debt. I got to whether I got to learn about good debt.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 3: But I'm not here to be your political tool. I'm here to do what's right on the behalf of my community and point you to the people who do the work. And again I circle back around. If you want to see someone doing the work, go to test and if you and if you're not interested in doing the work, you would be at Twitter giving me suggestions when you should be working.
Speaker 2: Even when these people try to get you to endorse President Biden, which I just think is I don't know why that's so. That's the thing. Every time you want these platforms, now, all you simply say is I supported Bernie Sanders, I go look to the candidate who's supporting the policies that Bernie supports. I support people like Keisha Lamb's bottom. Look to the administration, Look to the party that's supporting those kinds of posities. That's common sense.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't give all my time to haters and politics. I want to tell you, man my album. If you want to better understand Michael, you should listen to that album absolutely, you know, because that album is full of the social commentary that leads you to understand police. Why do some of the things I do. I love black folks, I love us, I love us all. I love you democrats, I love the Republicans. I love it that don't like each other, you know what I mean, because the end of the day, all we got each other, you know. And if you don't understand we all on the same plantation, you're a fool. I don't care how close to the house you need a house to if somebody had to sneak the food out the house, agree my dad and like skinning man, let me text. I don't let them talk bad by us. I'm light skinned on in side.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: He's a good man, and he's a great example for being a family man and I appreciate him. And I know you catch hell, But man, you wanted to find these examples of husband them and fatherhood.
Speaker 4: And I got to give your flowers on that.
Speaker 3: Because man, we just we we waste too much time talking to each other, and after the talk sessions, we don't give each other flowers.
Speaker 1: And you know, I talk a lot about you, my man, Thank you, thank you so much, love you.
Speaker 2: I want to switch gears a little bit of Mike, Let's do it. I love what you did. Man. At what point did you decide I'm not gonna let this bulls that happened on Grammy night overshadow my Grammy moment. I should bother me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell, y'all talking about hey man, I'm too happy to be saying I'm thankful for it all. I'm thankful for the Grammys. I'm thankful for the bulls because, man, bullsh is the best fertilizer on the farm. And I got a chance to sit by myself for three hours and thank God and invoke praise and be grateful for the things that I received. I didn't have to take no phone calls, I didn't have to host anybody for those three hours. And after those three hours, I got out. I hugged and loved my wife, my friends and family that was there waiting on me. I went and partied at Concord. I mean, I drank all I could I want to even drink or drink smoke. Felt good and woke up the next morning to one of the best phone calls I got in my life, and that's that they have a kidney for Pony boy. His mother called me going crazy, man, hyperventilating, crying. We both crying, snot coming out our nose. That's your son, my youngest son, Pony and Pony. He gave me a permission to talk about it.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 4: He didn't like when TZ just talked about it, but like this permission. Man.
Speaker 3: Waking up to that, you start to understand the parable of Jesus being in the desert by itself and the devil walking up to him, and the devil was like, hey, man, you know I can give you the world.
Speaker 2: I can give you the world.
Speaker 1: I can give the fool right now.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 2: And Jesus refused it. He absolutely refused it.
Speaker 3: So whether whether you believe the Bible or not, I just know, man, story mythology is powerful, and if.
Speaker 2: You teach a lesson through a story, it's an amazing thing.
Speaker 3: I sat in that that sell and I just at some point I just relaxed and I said, Oh, this is me and God and I said, well, I could ask God why, I could be mad, I could say thank you.
Speaker 2: I just said thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: My man, sleeping Man, we've been friends since we was seven, gabbling in the bottom of a church. And Sleepy is like my Peter, you know, he he he's the one that calls me in the morning, say, fat Boy, Yeah, thank the Lord for everything you got. Fat Boy used to say, dope on Martin Luther King. You look at you now, you know, thank you, thank you for saying my name in a song, fat By. I walk up to him this morning, fat Boy, I say, I see y'all that last night in the iron fat Boy, you look good.
Speaker 4: Thank the Lord.
Speaker 3: And he never lets me forget to be thankful and to be gracefuel. So for me, whatever little thing happened was just a thing, and that thing is passed. The next morning I woke up my son got a kidney.
Speaker 2: So through everything, through the Grammy wind, through the arrest, through your son getting the kidney, it was just gratitude.
Speaker 4: Just gratitude. That's all I got for you.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no hate for nobody, I ain't got nothing, nothing too slick to say back. I'm feel with grace. I thank the Lord. I mean, I really thank the Lord.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: You know, man, Betty told me that that lady said, God will set you down.
Speaker 3: My whole life, I've been going, I've been running, I've been trying to get it, and my grandmother told me God will set you down.
Speaker 2: And I just man, I had to sit down and you just like God. Damn, the old lady was right. You gotta believe it was consp Come on, it ain't no coincident something man, no coincident.
Speaker 4: It could be man, but look it did.
Speaker 3: It didn't work against Martin, it didn't work against Malcolm, didn't work against Mandela, didn't work against Mecca. You know, it's not whatever whatever the devil gives you, God, God, if you stay, if you stay in tune, man, he will multiply the good over that.
Speaker 2: Because I was told the police, the people who detained you weren't even police, No, it was I was.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna this. It's some citizens of rest and it's a miss.
Speaker 11: It's the street.
Speaker 3: They talked about charging the black police said it is just I don't know they can do that for ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't know.
Speaker 4: Gave me the park walking me through Everybody like, what's up, Mike. I'm like, shut up, we do it. It's gonna be okay. So it really showed me how much love I had.
Speaker 2: And conspiracy theories is to show you how afraid they are of Michael Rinda. That's what I said.
Speaker 3: Literally, I stopped rapping. I'm a run for something. So I'm y'all better, hope I keep on rapping. Really be a throwing on your side in the pain and your ass.
Speaker 2: Then, man, what if that's the conspiracy? You got a trilogy coming up, So if we give him a Grammy every year anything, what if that's the What if that's the conspiracy?
Speaker 3: The fault ain't studying, man. These folks got bigger world of jail. They got a military industrial complex to take care of. They got other countries to invade and colonize. They're not studying me. But I hope my people are. I hope my people.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you so much.
Speaker 4: Mess Man, thank you that Michael album. Mama.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you if you if you hadn't heard it come, you ain't listened to it, y'all. Man, you know get it because as you get older and the pressure get on you don't want to know, you know.
Speaker 1: Thank you for.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, Morning everybody, It's d J n V, Jess Larian Charlamage the God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club, and let's get to Jess with the mess the middle just don't do is gonna bring any numbers.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Bony Son comes forward at the Club Shashay interview Monique firstborn son, Shalon Jackson. She had a video on TikTok yesterday to speak on his mother's relationship.
Speaker 1: Now he's thirty four years old. Let me hear what we have to say.
Speaker 22: I guess I felt the need to make this video to just provide some context into this false narrative about her praying to the universe in or to reconcile our relationship or whatever the hell it is. To address the club show shit interview that she did where she states and she prays to the universe in regards to reconciling our relationship, as I stated, is odd. My mother and I both know that that is a very false narrative, and I would like to free her of having to continue telling that lie. Faith without work is dead, and neither one of us cares to put forth any effort to reconcile with the other.
Speaker 1: He also spoke on his mom not being interested in him as well.
Speaker 22: To inform a child that you are not interested in being a mother at a time when that kid is the only kid that has the potential to lead a child to believe that you were not interested in them. Specifically, my mother had also admitted to me that she didn't do the best job that she could do, which would also make one begin to question, you know, all of your past decisions and prior emotional interactions. But my mother showed a clear lack of humility, compassion, and consideration when taking any level of accountability for those things. To this very day, my mother has never expressed to me when, if ever, she became interested in me as her son.
Speaker 1: And then he went on ahead and spoke.
Speaker 8: Now, his video was tim and as long, but we just chopped up the most important parts of it of what I wanted to, you.
Speaker 1: Know, talk about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And then he also was saying how Monique called him ungrateful for things that she will buy because she would spoil him with things.
Speaker 22: I loved my mother very much, but my mother loved things more than she loved me, and she would validate her love for me by giving me things and would proceed to call me ungrateful or and consider it if said things did not have the desired effect. I couldn't imagine what it's like to be her, though, to ask God for what you want and then He gives you what you need, though only for you to ignore it and have the audacity to ask God for something else. By no means, though, do I want to give off any type of an impression that I am a victim of anything. And you know, there were a few things that she did teach me along the way. I did learn how not to love from my mother. I also learned to make sure that I never lose so much of who I am that I have to validate it through another person.
Speaker 1: He also spoke on he actually thanked her more so at the end on this is his thanks to his mother.
Speaker 22: I do also want to make sure that I say thank you to my mother for giving me life. Without that moment in time, I wouldn't have had my little one. But outside of that moment, there isn't anything that either of us that either of us has to offer the other opinion, it's a waste of God's time, in the universe's time for praying for something that you were not willing to put forth any effort to obtain. Putting the work into becoming Monique is more important to my mother than being my mother. But like I said, man, I'm super grateful that she has the opportunity to do it all over again. You know, I'm happy for I hope the Cat Walliams tour goes well. But you know, the narrative that she praise for us to reconcile as a false narrative. It's not real, and I appreciate it if she stops saying stuff like that.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of the video, he said that, you know, he wrote down his thoughts to avoid being overcome with emotions or express and scattered thoughts.
Speaker 8: He's well spoken. Also by the way that Lord, I'm like have podcast he talks.
Speaker 1: He talks like.
Speaker 8: Amazingly and he considered the video a form of therapy. And Monique and her husband, Sidney Hicks, they sat together and responded, you know, as soon as they saw this, which was also yesterday, and this is what they said.
Speaker 21: There's some people that are saying, oh, you should be ashamed of your mothering skills. Let's let it play out, because the same ones that said to me I was crazy, I was deranged, we watched it play out. I do want to address this socalon when you say her daddy, her daddy, and that's what mommy gonna say, stop playing because you know this has been Uncle.
Speaker 11: Said your whole life.
Speaker 2: Uncle Sid knew you before you knew you.
Speaker 21: So for you to say her three sons, yes, you're absolutely right, he has three sons. He can't claim you as his son because he's always been Uncle Sid and he knows your daddy very well.
Speaker 25: See, you're leaving off the fact that the last time we laid eyes on you, your mother got you everything you needed for the newborn baby.
Speaker 2: It's really hard to watch people's trauma play out over social media. I got to understand why people can't speak to each other and why they feel like they owe an explanation to a bunch of strangers on social media.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean when you saw his mother go on Club Shasha and speak about relationship that she was praying to the universe for and he basically said faith with our works is dead.
Speaker 1: Like, don't act like this is something that you want.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean, you speak of the three children that you have, and you somehow leave me out, like you know, and your husband, and then to come back and say, you know what, you call him uncle, said, he's your uncle, sid.
Speaker 1: But he would be in fact her step his stepfather.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then also you know with Sidney even saying the last time we lay ours with you, we got everything for you know, they were saying they got him a car, they got you know, because the videos were long, but that's what he said, like y'all, okay, y'all buy me things.
Speaker 1: You buy me things.
Speaker 8: Mom, You've always bought me things, but you weren't there, and you really never showed me that she wanted to be there either.
Speaker 2: I wish they was having that conversation with each other.
Speaker 1: I wish they were.
Speaker 8: But you know, like like he said, you know, basically he was making a video to his defense. She went public with it, and he's still a hurt child. And then he's thirty four years old, he has a child of his own, he's still a hurt child. So she has grandkids. I didn't even know she had a she's a grand baby.
Speaker 2: But you know, you applaud Monique son speech. I really like your serious voice, Jess, you're just with the journalist's voice. Oh my god, that's incredible. Like your whole tone when you explain this story. You was, you know, talking with even position in your hands like this. You know, you know you whisper at the end when you throw the things you say, let's listen to this.
Speaker 8: You shut up over there, Rudolph, Oh my god, no, no, I know. Well, this this is something I want to dig into. I mean, because this is obviously trauma that we're saying unfolding. God, Yo, this is like trauma that we're saying unfolding. And yes, I do wish that it could be between son and mother, Yes, son and just mother.
Speaker 1: I hate I hate seeing it so much. We've seen it with Romeo and his dad.
Speaker 7: We've seen it with so many different people, and I just would love for them to get on the phone and chop it up and talk to them and talk to each other, get their feelings out, and hopefully they can start to heal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully that can happen, because we all know what.
Speaker 7: Having kids, there's no instruction manual, you know, how you raise this kid or what this kid likes or what this kid wants or what this kid needs is not what your other kid needs.
Speaker 2: So you just never know what raising kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know. So I'm definitely praying for that family, praying to God for that family. All right. And that is just with the message.
Speaker 2: Just gotta say it.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is just with the mess of my news is real. Then that was just y'all can catch the uncut versions on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Well you're giving that donkey too, man, man for after the hour. You know, it's Valentine's Day. Okay, it is Valentine's Day and there's a lot of people out there that single. And guess what, it's your fault. Oh boy, we're gonna talk about accountability this morning. It is time to talk about the self awareness. Okay, some of y'all are alone because you are the problem. We will discuss Oh boy, all right, we'll get to that next And don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning. You're checking out the breakfast clubs. You try to Charlotteyage some donkey today is just sudden, so Charlett man, I was ready.
Speaker 25: Today to day.
Speaker 2: I never read the donkey other day.
Speaker 4: What is it to say it again, Charlama, I'm a donc you are child?
Speaker 2: Wow, Charlotte Lane, Yes it is yeah, he alive donkey today for Wednesday, February fourteenth, is you okay? If the puma fits, you're gonna wear it today. See Valentine's Day to day that is for the loving you, the day that is for you and your lover. Okay, salute to everyone out there who has a Valentine Drop on the clues mom for you.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Valentine's Day? On Thirteen percent of people say it's their favorite holiday, six percent of people say they hate it, five percent say it's the most depressing day of the year, four percent say they are more into Singles Awareness Day, ten percent of people say they are single and loving it nine percent and people buy candy and flowers for themselves on Valentine's Day. That's self love. I respect it, okay. Twenty three percent of single women would rather spend Valentine's Day with their pet than their romantic partner. Only seven percent of men say the same. Forty nine percent of Americans treat their pets on Valentine's treat their pets.
Speaker 4: The what all right?
Speaker 2: We gotta watch those people because they might be taking doggy style. Literally, I'm reading you all these stats because God really put a word on my heart this morning, and I must deliver. Did you know just hilarious that Valentine's Day is less popular among men than women. Thirteen percent of men say Valentine's Day is their favorite holiday. Eight percent of men absolutely hated. Meanwhile, thirteen percent of women claim Valentine's There is their favorite holiday, compared to just five percent who hated. Women enjoy a single life more than men do. Only nine percent of women are single and actively searching for a boyfriend, compared to thirteen percent of men who say they are single and want a girlfriend. I want to talk to y'all today, and I want you to know that what I'm about to say is coming from a place of love. Okay, it's rooted in love. If you've been listening to the Breakfast Club for years, then you know Historically, on Valentine's Day, I have given donkey to people who don't have nobody. And it's not that I was shaming people for not having nobody. Plenty of people don't have nobody and they're happy. Okay, it's by choice. The people I would give donkey of the day. Two is the folks who didn't have nobody and will try to downplay those of us that do. Don't buy humbug on Valentine's Day because you single, don't be the grench that stole Valentine's Day. You mad because at some point in your life you fell in love with somebody and then found out they pronounced Valentine's Valentine's.
Speaker 1: And now you mad.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you mad? All right? You mad at everybody who got a bull. You mad at the eighty five percent of women that will be purchasing Valentine Day cards. You mad at the seventy three percent of flowers that will be purchased by men today. Set your heart shaped candy hating ass that and let me talk to you, because I have a word that you may not want to hear, but it's going to change your life. God told me to tell you that the reason you don't have a Valentine, the reason you don't have a significant other, husband or wife or life partner, whatever you want to call it, the reason you don't have any of those things is simply because you're a terrible, toxic person. Okay, all right. It is Valentine for you to acknowledge that there is a problem, and the problem is you. Okay. As is the case with most problems, the first step is acknowledging that your behavior is harmful. The people, see, were so accustomed to directing our attention outward that it's hard to go inward and admit we the problem. Okay, men, women, theyse folks got all these reasons why they're single, all right, not finding the right person, chasing the wrong person, choosing the wrong partners. Have you ever stopped to think that you're not the right person, that you are the wrong partner?
Speaker 17: Huh?
Speaker 2: You the wrong partner somebody chose. See, so many of us have done zero work on us. We're not going to no therapy. We haven't even thought about going on a journey of healing. We have all this unhealed trauma, all this baggage, and God is protecting people from you. Oh, they don't want to hear this this morning. Okay, they don't want to hear what I'm telling them on Valentine's Day. Okay, your relationships don't work because you haven't. It is time to identify your toxic traits and once you identify your toxic traits. It is important to take responsibility for your actions and make a commitment to change. It's that unhealed trauma that you haven't dealt with that got you absolutely refusing to go on a first date. That she hurt human in America and they didn't want to go anywhere on a first date. You know why that was because those people aren't happy with themselves. One of the main symptoms of unresolved trauma is lack of trust and difficulty opening up to other people. The reason you don't want to go anywhere is because it scares you to death to have to sit with somebody and have a conversation. You're afraid you're gonna get found out. You are afraid you're gonna have to look someone in the eyes, and when they look you in the eyes, they gonna see something you don't want them to see. Don't try to act you know like Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Lobster, waffle House and sporting events did something to you. No, no, no, this is on you. This is why they say your trauma may not be your fault, but healing your trauma is absolutely your responsibility. Because in life, we attract what we are. And if you're not about nothing, you're not gonna track nothing. Now, let's not focus on just the trauma of it all, right now, let's just focus on the fact you might just be a horrible person. Okay. I don't know why you horrible. Some of y'all just not good people. Some of y'all just have pitch paul character. And a strong indicator of pitch poor character is how someone behaves when they are shown to be wrong about something. Folks who always deflect or blame others or change the subject or lass out. That's just a display, okay, That's just a display of an absence of a personal responsibility, which is definitely a sign of being less than a good person. So when you talk to yourself about being alone on Valentine's Day, don't go blaming other people. Okay, stop acting like this. There's no good partners out there, because if you see the world that way, I promise it's you. Some of y'all too self centered, okay, And there's nothing wrong with putting your needs for self care, putting yourself versus crucial, because you can't help nobody if you need to help yourself. But if you're always thinking about yourself and your own needs, and you never consider the feelings of other people, then you might have some issues you need to address. If you neglect the needs of the people you are closest to, such as your children and other family members and friends, then why or why would you get blessed with a Valentine? Are a Valentine? Okay? Donkey of today today is you. It's your fault. You the reason this is happening to you. Terrible men get with terrible women and have terrible relationships. Fix y'all. Please let ringy magive all a single because they are terrible humans. The biggest he are hee huh, you stupid mind? Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: It's you? Oh if you got security today when you get punched in the head again as crazy. He don't even know he don't even know who he worked with.
Speaker 2: You don't know all the people you work with. I was talking to all of them, I was selling all of them.
Speaker 7: Let me see all They probably pissed off at you right now.
Speaker 2: Well, they need to look in the mirror. Damn I'm not talking. I'm not saying I'm talking to them. Yes, I said that you did. Damn well.
Speaker 8: Accountability is something that people should take now. I remember being in a relationship. I was being in relationships. I was one of those people. I wasn't a good person for a long time. But I also didn't know who I was and what I wanted. This is when I was young, I was dating older guys. I was just dating for the money, bet dating up for the money. I was getting whatever I could for me and my son. Believe that had lights was off?
Speaker 1: What's up a thousand dollars? Yeah, like all that everything.
Speaker 8: And then I was with I had relationships, one relationship with a good guy, cheated on them, all that.
Speaker 1: So I definitely you understand what I'm talking about. I do understand. I was once a bad person's let's.
Speaker 2: Let's a good person and you blessed. Let me tell you something. Just was I heard just saying the meeting the other day. I don't even know why she volunteer this information. She was like, I've been quit hoing, Like what. First of all, I'm like what she did?
Speaker 1: The executive was saying, I just being like that. No, we were talking about my journey.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: At the beginning, yeah, I was, I was on, you know, But then I stopped. Then I stopped because I.
Speaker 2: Grew into who I was. That's right, I evolved. There you go.
Speaker 7: Well, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you're single, can you admit that it's you? Oh God, that's right, that honkey goddamn phone line. That's now we're talking eight hundred five five one o five one again. How came you don put it up lonely the other lonely joint that we always play every year? Yeah, babble Mac, you want to play somebody.
Speaker 11: That is not.
Speaker 2: That is not Bobby Walking Man. I like this idea though. One hundred and five and five one oh five one. Can you admit it's you? Can you admit you don't have a Valentine to Day, that you're not in a relationship, that you single because it's you and your toxic traits you just heard just talk about how she used to be toxic?
Speaker 21: Like it?
Speaker 1: All right, let's do when we come back it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Let's say if you're all talking about it, you know we talking about it's topic times.
Speaker 1: Called eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 2: With the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is the j n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the god we are the Breakfast Club on this Valentine's Day. Now, Charlamagne gave donkey of the day to who I.
Speaker 2: Gave donkey today to all of the people who don't want to, you know, hold themselves accountable and just admit that they're terrible people. You know, they have a lot of toxic traits, and the reason that they're single on Valentine's Day it's because of them, not because of nobody else. So because you won't go do no work on yourself.
Speaker 7: So we're asking this morning, can you admit that it's you that's your single today?
Speaker 2: Now just as far from single, right, yes, But at one point in your life you had to admit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely Yeah, and my my early twenties, Yeah absolutely I was. I was very much a bad person.
Speaker 2: He was out you.
Speaker 1: I was definitely out here. Those were the times, those were the good old day, those was the good times. Bad But I would never want to do that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, when did you realize it was you?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 1: I always knew it was me. I just didn't care got you. You know what I'm saying I always knew. I always knew was me. I didn't care. So then when I got older, I was like, oh I got this from my father.
Speaker 2: Would you say you had a good man at one point? Though?
Speaker 1: At one point it was good, real good man. I met him at a bobber shot.
Speaker 8: Everything was cool, it was lit, he had a job like, he cared about ash everything.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: He told me how I walk everything. It was crazy. And then I cheated on him for this man that looked like Tupac schokoy Yo. He looks so good and it.
Speaker 2: Don't sound like you regretted it at all. I mean just in here grinning and blushing like what the hell? Yes, and now the boy is on drugs.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, he back and forth out of jail on drugs.
Speaker 8: He got shot in the butt twice. But no, seriously, like people think it's a game. Baltimore was some crazy.
Speaker 2: Shutting that man to a deep depression.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I actually did, and that's why I felt like out of nowhere. Then that's when everybody started cheating on me, and I already knew where it was coming from. Like I said, I always knew I was a bad person. I just didn't care until I got older, like I'm getting tired of this now, Like everything started happening to me that I started doing that I began doing to others.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, oh, man, so you you recognized that you held yourself accountable.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I was single for a minute. I was like, all right, yeah, I got a chill because I gotta work on me.
Speaker 1: Like that's a real thing.
Speaker 8: You don't realize, Like, Yo, you're hurting people even when you're younger. No matter how old you are, that stuff stick with people. Yeah, because like you, No, he's seriously on drugs.
Speaker 7: Let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this Mikey Man, Mikey D Can you admit that.
Speaker 2: As you Mikey B Man be here man, Okay, all right? Hood first first step to accountability the defin.
Speaker 17: But it's not missing rule where I want to hate you.
Speaker 2: Yo, what do you think you need? You just start going to therapy or something.
Speaker 15: Of course, I'm waiting on it now.
Speaker 17: I'm waiting more certainty click through.
Speaker 2: Well when your insurance click through. Man, you go to therapy, you know what I'm saying, and you try to figure some things out. You can actually go to I'm gonna give you a website. Go to a coma project dot com. You can go to Mental Wealth Alliance dot com. I go to a coma project dot com and uh, my good sister, doctor Alfie, she has some things up there that you can uh, some potential theory, I said, potential free theory, potential free therapy. Go to a coma a coma project dot org. I'm sorry you said it like six times. Yeah, project dot org. Yeah, doctor.
Speaker 1: You're the listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was all over the place with that Hello, who's this Hey, good morning? Can you admit that you are?
Speaker 6: Okay? So I'm no longer than I read people after the same kind of people. I realized I was the problem and I read I'm actually feeling therapy. Nice start and started record childhood trauma that basically this time that then that I would stated and A I have to say, you are a part of the reason I'm falla my mam chart.
Speaker 19: And I.
Speaker 2: Why I'm happy. Wow, I'm sending you nothing but positive energy love and like you keep healing.
Speaker 6: And I saw him doing that. I realize that what the issues? Well, I've only got my paper.
Speaker 2: Wow, you see what we learning here today? You're a man don't matter if you're a woman, No matter if you are, they holes can heal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm a healed hope.
Speaker 8: I think your honess can be eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred five A five one oh five one. It's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 7: Charlomagne gave Donkey the day to all you single people out there that you're the problem. And that's what we want to know. We want to know if if you could admit that you are the problem, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's the j n V. Jess hilarious, Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: If you're just joining us with talking about Charlomage's Donkey of the day, all you single people out there, can you admit that it's.
Speaker 1: You you're talking about the Donkey cholemen?
Speaker 2: Oh you just said it, don't you. Donkey went to everybody out there, you know who has zero accountability and can admit that they're the problem. Like you know, they have toxic traits, they're terrible people. They got a bunch of unresolved trauma that they bring into relationships, and the reason their relationships don't ever work is because they've never done any work on themselves.
Speaker 7: So we're opening up the phone lines. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Can you admit that it's you?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 23: It's Kanya Envy, Good morning, coming morning dead, Good morning Shallah shallow talking out the side of his neck.
Speaker 11: Come on, Sharla period.
Speaker 23: I'm thinking's seven on beautiful positable fold something. I'm still over because I choose to for the last year and a half, not because no toxic disin no taxas that never have never been. But I'm enjoying life. I'm not dealing with the bs. Take my nineteen year old out for Valentine's Day. If I truse you, he has a girlfriend, but no, it's because I choose him be a boy myself this Valentine's Day, Valentine.
Speaker 2: If you know, during Donkey, I said, you know, if the puma fits, you're gonna wear today. I also said that there's people out there who are single and happy by choice, so they shouldn't even apply to you. But you know them hit dogs be hollering sometimes oh my god.
Speaker 9: Hey dogs.
Speaker 6: No, not at all of South Florida. No hit no hit dogs, no hit dogs.
Speaker 23: But you said anybody who's single.
Speaker 6: Yes he did Valentine's Day, Yes he did, Yes.
Speaker 2: Very specific I said, the people.
Speaker 23: Nephew, you try to cover it up at the end, all right.
Speaker 2: I like I said, the people who buy humbug Valentine's Day, the people that are breaches on Valentine's Day, the.
Speaker 15: People that are all that but stressen by yourself?
Speaker 20: Can you.
Speaker 2: I even quoted status about women who are enjoying the single life?
Speaker 23: You get it fast from though? Yeah, I am I am because I hit that easy button so fast that you don't even know how bad.
Speaker 2: I don't back down. Can cast you a question?
Speaker 20: Though?
Speaker 2: Cast you a question? Is there a small part of you that says yourself, it might be me?
Speaker 6: No, listen, I am.
Speaker 23: I am a beautiful person, but I can be a b I T C H. But I tolerate what I want to tolerate, and I don't tolerate certain.
Speaker 2: That's all it is. And listen.
Speaker 8: She is old enough and has had many experiences to to be able to thank you with Okay, you understand, Yeah, because listen, my boyfriend mother for the same way she on the way in the sixty two and she is fine with just being around the children and.
Speaker 1: Just have a line of don't nobody got time?
Speaker 2: How many vibrator?
Speaker 6: Not a one?
Speaker 22: I don't not a one.
Speaker 23: I don't even want to be telling one.
Speaker 21: Know.
Speaker 23: If I'm with somebody, with somebody, I don't need on brad right now.
Speaker 2: A strong indicator of poor character is how someone behaves when they are shown to be wrong about something. You know, folks who always reflecting blas change.
Speaker 6: That right, that's right. You have all that whoa whoa.
Speaker 23: Every time, every.
Speaker 1: Time we can You.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think there's any good men out there? You think there's any good men out there?
Speaker 13: Man, Yeah, there are, there are.
Speaker 23: They probably Alabama, missie, but in South Florida, I need to do with a field fall. I need to mate with a field fall.
Speaker 1: And that's right, you're telling thank you, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: She wants the old fashion men back. She want the men who ain't trying to keep up with the young women. She wants she wants the old men like that. She don't want to shandish.
Speaker 1: You don't want to time.
Speaker 8: She she want a Morgan Freeman type of man. Yeah, okay, okay, been old since the beginning of time.
Speaker 7: But Tania, they cut you off. We just want to say, have a great Valentine, Tanya. Whatever you do out there today.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be nothing to do with Valentine.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You enjoy yoursel another day for Tanya.
Speaker 7: You buy yourself some chocolate, You buy yourself some flowers. You love on yourself tonight, Lord, have mercy. I'm just saying, it ain't no good men in South Florida, not one none.
Speaker 2: It might be you. That's how you see something. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Who hell was this?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Morgan Freeman?
Speaker 1: Uh okay, how long?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 2: How you feel it?
Speaker 6: Oh? Man, I'm good?
Speaker 10: Is it you?
Speaker 17: Is it you? No, it's my ex Marge, my wife in telling to be my ex wife.
Speaker 2: She was the problem.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, she was definitely the problem.
Speaker 1: That message you.
Speaker 17: Put out there this morning, bro, everything I love that needed to be put out there, man, because you have a lot of people out there that really think that they they will come short. We're all for short somewhere, man, and it's very important. Examine yourself. You know, my wife, my wife, I did everything for her, never missed the holidays, never miss birthdays. But she don't own up to nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. She don't work, she don't do nothing. I try to get her to join me with the business. She don't even want to help with that. But I never miss Valentine's Day or none of that. And I said, I'm not going into the new year doing the same thing. And that's why I'm here now. I'm leaving her now. I'm working now, but I'm the twenty third. I'm moving down south and that's it because I can't continue to do it. Man, she don't own up. And guess what our favorite word is, what is everybody's a donkey?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 17: I said, what you need to own that one this go around because this you know, and this man and for me to get through the yard, because you use that donkey thing that he a man, And that's our favorite line. There's a bunch of donkeys around here. But she don't own up to anything. And I really, you know, I've got mad love for and I still, you know, got feelings for it, but I can't really deal with people man that can't admit when they fall short.
Speaker 8: We all do.
Speaker 2: Man, that's right, yourself and be good.
Speaker 1: That's right, Thank you for checking in a great king. And then it's somebody out there for you, and maybe it ain't here that is Jesus. All right, Well, what's the mail of the story?
Speaker 2: The moral of the story. I'm gonna keep saying that you gotta go out there and do the work on yourself. I don't care what y'all say. You know what I'm saying, accountability, And.
Speaker 8: Don't only take accountability like you said it just stops there, like I don't just stop there like I took accountability, and then I just started working on myself, teaching myself self love. You don't even really know when you don't love yourself until you actually got time alone with yourself, like until you like you do it.
Speaker 1: Because I'm telling you, I was jumping.
Speaker 8: Like from relationship, the relationship, uh cap a rossta whatever, when I didn't want to be in a relationship. But I never ever ever sat by myself until like mid twenties, like yo, like toward the end of my twenties, like you know what being by myself actually does bring me peace.
Speaker 2: That's good. You know what I'm saying, it's actually good. And you know I would tell everybody out there, you know that's by theyself this morning. Oh boy, if you think you lonely, now.
Speaker 19: Right that.
Speaker 1: We got just what the message is now.
Speaker 2: Well boy, when you try to go to sleep, man, when you have a dinner around sick the clock and it's just you and that plane, just with the message next so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, ladies. Remember on this day, black men do not cheat. Happy Valentine's Day, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 20: Everybody is Steve, I'm up, Morgan Freeman, Bunny Hopper, narcissists that admits that it's me, I'm the problem.
Speaker 1: It's me son that a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, that's what Okay, Donnell is the problem.
Speaker 1: Stared directly into the sun, but never in the mirror.
Speaker 20: It must be so exhausted, always searching for the anti hero.
Speaker 2: I admit it.
Speaker 20: And it don't matter what type of mental health therapy session you try to have Charlamagne and get just caught to follow you and think that you're just therapist.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about that.
Speaker 20: And people can be settled, and people can admit, and people could be narcissists.
Speaker 4: That's the new waves.
Speaker 2: Son, Okay, have a great day, you love you, have a good day.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad Donell can admit that he's the problem. Okay, there's a once of y'all out there single today, and you don't want you can't admit that you're the reason you're single because of your toxic traits. All right, well let's get to jest with the best.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is real, Lisna, do is gonna bring any numbers?
Speaker 8: Sat It shows that Usher only made six hundred and seventy one dollars at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: This is a very, very in my opinion, misleading headline.
Speaker 8: US just halftime show used up so much of the budget that he reportedly only ended up making almost seven hundred dollars Okay, specifically six hundred seventy one dollars. The budget was used to pay for the stage design and the dances, et cetera. Now, what people don't understand is this is a sag after rate, right, and that I want you to explain further a little bit, Charlamagne. What sag after for people who don't understand.
Speaker 2: It's just like the bare minimum a union. Yeah, SAG is a union because we're all part of a union. So it's like a bare minimum you will get if you do something like this. But people don't get paid for headline in the super Bowl halftime show like they never do. And that's one thing that I did not know. Yeah, they just received huge boosting like their streams and sales because they're performing in front of an audience of over one hundred million people in usher. You know he performed. This is the largest rated super Bowl ever. Yea.
Speaker 7: You know they pay for production. They pay for all the production. That's usually what the super Bowl pays for the production show.
Speaker 2: His numbers are through the roof five hundred and fifty percent, Spotify streaming boost caught up surged over two hundred percent, and he's got four songs that have served more than one hundred percent in screams since Sunday night.
Speaker 8: You don't have to call love in this club and badground like us up right now, But the perks of performing at the super Bowl are worth it. Usha is expected to make more than one hundred million from his like you said, increased streams of his music tickets to his upcoming tour, which I'm going on on my good and endorsements stemming from the performance, So that is good.
Speaker 1: But I was just was I just thought that was very misleading.
Speaker 8: He only made They were trying to make a say like like, yeah, they gave him seven hundred dollars, so you go, thank you for doing all of this.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I was, I'm shocked he got that. I'm shocked he got the SAG after minimum. I thought he didn't. They didn't pay you anything at all. Geez, I know they pay for the production.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're in the union, so you get something to get nothing. Yeah, you technically have to give it.
Speaker 2: It's Super Bowl, though, guys, I don't care. You got to recognize the opportunity when it's not a paycheck attached to it, because there's so much money made on the back end. He's on tour now.
Speaker 8: But do you understand that even just us not knowing, like, and I'm saying us because I know it's a lot of people didn't know that. Us not knowing that you would think something like that that these artists, that's like an iconic thing. I would think that people are getting paid to do that.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, I would.
Speaker 1: Think that, so I know millions and millions of other people think that.
Speaker 2: They just didn't know that. People think that, but now they get the opportunity to perform in front of one hundred million people.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, well you learn something new every day. You learn something every day, and that's what I learned, and so does some others out there. Jennifer Lopez reveals her kids like her old music better. In an interview with Variety, Jennifer Lopez shared her kids thoughts on her music. Her upcoming album is called This Is Me Now, and it's followed up with the album This Is Me Then. The album came out in two thousand and two. She was playing her album for our kids in the house and they.
Speaker 1: Said, this you mommy, and she said yes.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 8: She told him that she ruled herself the new one right, and it was like, we like your old music better now. I didn't know that she had fifteen year old twins.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: But congratulations on Max and me for keeping it real with her. These are some of her older hits. I'm saying we love a shanty that's basically.
Speaker 2: No listen that j Lo murder inc y'all rule a shanty right was a great era. Yeah, it was a great era. And them kids no good mersy. They know good merusic when they head so we don't want to shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that's what she tell looks like this is really me, now, ain't you.
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 9: But they know it.
Speaker 1: Be your own kids. Kids will tell you yo, so listen to your kids. All right.
Speaker 8: Party and Jada Kingdom video has been believing what uh all right? So basically Party and Jada Kingdom they had post it was a video post or whatever where he's like rubbing on her stomach and she seems to be irritated and annoyed, and fans are speculating that she's not really into him. Party find saying, you know, they have a public relationship, and some of the comments I just wanted to I know, we gotta wrap this up, but let me just read a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of the comments. So they're just getting because she looks annoyed.
Speaker 8: But then she eventually gives him a kiss, and you know, and she gives in a little bit, but she looks annoyed, which happens in relationships sometimes.
Speaker 1: Chris got on my nerves. I get on his nerves.
Speaker 9: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure in y'all in ya house, you get on your wife nerves, don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 8: I just I'm just leave it there because I don't know if she get on yours, but you definitely get on hers.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: People are saying, maybe she's pregnant and she's annoyed because he's exposing the fact that she is. And then also she looked like she don't want him touching her. He given, I'm trying to make somebody jealous. He's corny, and it's obvious that he's doing too much talking, and he's and she's over this, yo. And then the amount of comments, I mean, the amount of likes on these comments You've been a black bitch has got a chill.
Speaker 2: I'm so sick of this.
Speaker 1: Put the gun away, Jess, Put the gun away.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, yo, I'm so sick of it. It's like, Yo, it happens. It's a very real thing. Why shop everything online?
Speaker 1: Look perfect?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The internet? Stay projected. I'm so saiticly y'all, do stay projected like you never you never annoyed your significant other. Your significant other ain't never been annoyed at you, y'all. Ain't in no relationship.
Speaker 1: That ain't no relationship, y'all. No, So I loved it.
Speaker 8: I do want to give you credit for your donk yet today because people, these same people like in these comments are the same people that are scared of, say, accountability, and they lonely today and just gonna be online all day looking for stuff to not like, looking for stuff to hate.
Speaker 7: Gone, that's the mess, all right, Put the gun away, Jess, Jesus, that's just what the mess. And her news is real, all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: Uh well, let's get to the mixed. Before I get to the mix, I just want to shout salute everybody in a landa. I've been in Atlanta now and last night they had to tie Coon Weekend with Chris Brown, Monica A shan Te, Friday Tank Genuine, who else was there? I seen Missy, I've seen uh DC. Young Fly was hosted, Manny Fresh was DJ with me. Yeah, I just want to salute everybody had a great and amazing time last night. So salutor. The legendary what's the name came out. Keep Sweat came out as well. So oh wow, salute everybody that was involved with tycoon shots. Hey, yo, real quick, he sweat was drunk. YEA, all right, let's get to the mix. It's the breakfast.
Speaker 2: His brown liquor, he drink the cop andy.
Speaker 1: He put the mic on.
Speaker 2: Y'all, y'all sing, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning wake. If you're like into the Breakfast Club, morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's stej En v Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month. What we're doing suited my guy bet Dot Man.
Speaker 2: You know every day during Black History Month, My god, bet Dot put you out an episode. If I didn't know me, you didn't either, on The Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast Networking. Today, he's going to tell you the story of the Friendship nine, a group of young men who made history with a sit in protest at a segregated lunch counter in nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 24: Check it out on today's episode. If I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. I introduced to you John Gains, Thomas Gaither, Clarence Graham, Willie McLeod, Robert McCullough, Willie Massey, James Wells, David Williamson and Mac Workman, the Friendship nine. I grew up in Greensboro, North Carolina, Cumberland courts to Big Zach, which was a Rocks throw away from the illustrious North Carolina Anti State University, the largest public HBCU in these United States of America, also the home of the A T four, Z. L. Blair, Franklin mccaineer, Joseph McNeil, and David Richmond, the four Aggie students that sat at the segregated lunch counter and Woolworth's downtown green Borough February first, nineteen sixty Now, what I wasn't familiar with was the story of the ten brothers that attended Friendship Junior College, who would have a similar powerful sit in at McCrory's segregated lunch counter one hundred miles south of A and T just one year later, January thirty first, nineteen sixty one. The ten gentlemen walking into the McCrory segregated restaurant ordered cheeseburgers, soft drinks, and coffees. Of course, they would deny service, and they were asked to leave. When they declined, they were arrested. They got charged with trespassing and breach of order. Please see episode three oh eight of this season to remember where no trespassing laws originated. They were ordered to spend thirty days in jail in the York County Prison, or they could pay the one hundred dollar fine and be sent on their way. What made the Friendship Nines sit in so different was because they activated the new method of resistance that was supported by doctor Martin Luther King. It would call jail no bail. You take the jail time, and you decline to find where you basically concede in guilt. And I know somebody out there saying, wait, Dot, you said ten boys went into that. Mccrary's why they're the Friendship nine because nine of them said they was gonna take the jail no bail punishment. The tenth member, Charles Taylor, he paid his one hundred dollar bill because he didn't want to mess up and lose his football scholarship man. The Friendship nine did. They thirty days, and it was tough. They had hard labor, solitary confinement, They had food rations to the point where they just went on a food fast. There was a story documented that a prisoner in a cell beside. Theirs actually slid them a baby ruth and split it up into eight pieces, which was strange to me when I read that story, because I said, what happened to the ninth piece? The story goes, they have to share that baby ruth for three days. I know you think I'm cap Google it yourself. In two thousand and seven, forty six years later, the city of rock Hill unveiled a marker right outside the old McCrory's in the honor of the Friendship nine. Eight of the men were still living and present at the ceremony, And now that I think of it, it was probably the eight men that had the baby Ruth.
Speaker 2: Now one thirty five East Main.
Speaker 24: Street and rock Hill, South Carolina, where the McCrory's once stood, is a nice building, and in the hallway of this building they dedicated a museum to the Friendship nine, where it actually documents their thirty days of madness.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 24: In twenty fifteen, all their convictions were overturned. The judge at that time was John C. Hayes the Third, and he said, we can't rewrite history, but we can write history.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. I was salute to be that. That's right, and make sure you subscribe to his podcast. I didn't know maybe you didn't either. Every day during Black History Month, even on the weekends, be Dot puts out a new episode, so go check it out.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, we got the positive note. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning only everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ n V Jesse, Larry is Chelaminea guy.
Speaker 7: We are the Breakfast Club again to salute happy Valentine's to everybody out there. Of course to my wife Gia, my kids, my girls, Madison London, Brooklyn Peyton, and of course my mom's always got to say Happy Valentine.
Speaker 4: It's to mom.
Speaker 2: We throw all my Valentine's out there. Happy Valentine's Day, just hilarious.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, Happy Valentine's Get to my boyfriend Chris, thank you. And then also, please let us know what we can listen to. Let the people know where they can listen to Breakfast Club at like all, like all people keep asking me, wait on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It it's iHeart Radio app. iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: You got the iHeart Radio app, you got YouTube. You know you can download the podcast wherever you listen to podcasts. You know, Breakfast Club is the number one uh you know, I hate the word urban, can't stand it. It's the number one urban podcast in the in the world actually, So you can listen to the podcasts. You can listen on YouTube, you can listen on social media, and you can listen.
Speaker 1: On the iHeart Radio app, and they can watch on YouTube.
Speaker 2: They can watch on YouTube because we're not on BET. No more slut to BT though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, salute to them. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 8: They wish me happy birthday and they said congratulations on my pregnant yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gave me a whole post.
Speaker 2: So I do I love that.
Speaker 8: I love that network, not only for that, for many other things, but I do love them. Special shout outs to them. But yeah, it was like it's just people asking me where can they find to see because they know I'd be looking cute and they're like where we want to see it?
Speaker 23: All?
Speaker 2: It's all over social really social media and YouTube.
Speaker 1: Like social media and YouTube.
Speaker 8: Okay, right, but it's always good to remind the people because we get new listeners every day since I've been up here.
Speaker 2: That is a fact. That is a fact. That is a fact belief. It's on a positive note, positive notice exactly what I said earlier. Man, your trauma is not your fault, but healing is absolutely your responsibility. Go do some work on yourself so you don't be alone next Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club you don't finish, or y'all don't