Speaker 1: Reasonable. Listen to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: Worklessol goddamny the breakfast club want to breakfast club, baby, They can't say breakless club without things.
Speaker 1: Work with clubs. You're like this rare air. She got platforms and partners all over the place with us. Your man is so high. People want to be in listened with the breuck. I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. Dj Enfiefess, hilarious, Charlemagne, the god. You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk y. I know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 3: Lady Yo, Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 4: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Jess Hilarios, Good morning, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: The guys to the planet is Thursday. It's Thursday. Yes, it is. Candle is l Yes, everything is good. What's happening? How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 5: How y'all feel like Nanda? We don't smell like nothing.
Speaker 6: I think that one, that fragrance might be gone. I was about to like the other one.
Speaker 5: I smelled this one though. This one smells really good.
Speaker 1: You could smell this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got I got almond butter pound cake over here.
Speaker 1: I think that's vanilla something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know it smells good, but almond butter poundcake sounds good.
Speaker 1: It just don't smell like anything I know. Right, the title is very deceiving. You see that.
Speaker 6: You want to taste it, you want to smell it, but then when you light it up, they don't really smell like the almond butter all the pound cake.
Speaker 1: How was y'all night last night? Y'all did anything? Yes?
Speaker 3: I actually went to delt Friscos because somebody didn't want to take any at dinner. So yeah, and that's somebody was not Christy also shut up, but yeah, I went to Del Frisco's.
Speaker 5: Chris actually popped up on me. I thought that was cool.
Speaker 3: My best friend popped up on me too, Shena. That's my best friend from from Baltimore, y'all you already know her. She didn't get to see me for my birthday because she was in Houston, Hollen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's all right, it's all right.
Speaker 3: But she popped up on me yesterday at work and I didn't know if she was standing next to me. She was right in front of the office and Simon and was throwing me off. Now I turned over and I was like, oh my god, she always do this every year. I never know when she's gonna pop up.
Speaker 1: But she didn't.
Speaker 5: She asked for you, but I told her he was out sick.
Speaker 1: No, that's right.
Speaker 6: What if she had beef with you and she you ain't know she was standing right by you.
Speaker 1: Oh, she would have got me. You got you years ago.
Speaker 6: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: That messed up.
Speaker 5: Y'all wouldn't even have protected me. Y'all let up and everything.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's that's kind of right. It was. Y'all said, Well, we know she though, but you don't have that beef or not. That is true. That is true. That is true what you did last night, not Valentine, nothing. No.
Speaker 6: Man, it's always hard when you married, right, because we do things all the time. So when there's a day where there's an expectation, yeah, you know, you're not really thinking about it, you know what I mean. I mean, I got I got a dozen rollers for each you know, one of my my ladies, my wife, and my four daughters.
Speaker 1: But you know, other than that, it was like.
Speaker 5: No in the house yes, yeah, we don't.
Speaker 1: We're actually working until about six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't go out for Valentine's usually because when you go out Valentine's, the restaurants are the food is not as good because they're doing it so fast. The service is never good because they're trying to get as many people as possible.
Speaker 1: So we usually just chill at the crib with the fan.
Speaker 6: And that's what happened last night, because you know, we were gonna go to dinner because just I was gonna take my justice to dinner, right, and it's like the reservations like nine, nine thirty.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm like in the morning, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: When I was guest hosting, all that was nice and cool, but I'm like, no, I got being nine, I got being to be at seven.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. We go out to night though.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, that's right, all right. Well, Vince Staples will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 7: Yay.
Speaker 6: Yes, Vince Stables has a new show on Netflix. You can talk to Vince Staples show. It premieres today. Actually, if it's on now or it comes on at midnight, I don't know, Yeah, I don't know if it's Thursday meaning twelve am, or Thursday meeting twelve a Friday meeting twelve am. That's right, Yes, but the Vince Staples Show on Netflix, Vince Stables will be here to talk about that today.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I just want to tell everybody be careful out there.
Speaker 2: So Saturday, I was telling you about my daughter's dance competition, and my parents always come with my you know, my daughter's a dancing all. My son is playing basketball, and me and my my mother got sick and I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 4: I thought it was COVID. That's the first thing we think, right, We forget about the cold anytime. We just think it's COVID. I took a COVID test.
Speaker 1: No COVID.
Speaker 2: I'm like, maybe I'm just man. I just got a little sick. But when we got tested, we at the flu.
Speaker 5: And you're sitting right here in my face, just sitting there.
Speaker 1: That was Saturday. It's gone.
Speaker 2: I went yesterday, So you know it's gone. I went yesterday. I just told you I went to the doctor yesterday.
Speaker 6: When we came in here and just try to give you a debut, was like, now, don't dabt me.
Speaker 1: I got a little cold because I want to make sure I'm good because she's pregnant. Well, stay home.
Speaker 3: And then you were mentioning Atlanta around Chris Brown, Miss the Elliott genuine.
Speaker 1: But is this No, I didn't know at that time he spreading the flu. That's disgusting. I didn't do it on purpose. Stay home. But is your mother okay? My mother is fine? Thank you for asking. Yes, I don't know about you. I don't know. That's what he came about himself. Is your mother fine? Yes?
Speaker 6: What about what about that's pregnant? I gotta go home the babies. Yes, talk the show man?
Speaker 1: All right. I'm so mad and upset all the time, grumpy man.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we got front page news, testling figure out will be joining us, and.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club, The Morning Whips and Shane, my white rapper named Jack.
Speaker 5: Because not the name of the song is loving on me.
Speaker 1: Good guy them. We're just going name.
Speaker 5: And whips and chains for the rest of Black History months.
Speaker 1: It's called whipping on me.
Speaker 2: No, it's loving on me man morning Everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. DJ m V just hilarious. Charlemagne to God, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, Test, Good morning dj M, v Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne to God, big Girl.
Speaker 2: Now some quick sports. It seems like the Warriors tried to make a bid for Lebron James.
Speaker 1: They wanted to trade for Lebron to go to the Warriors.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're not saying who else would be involved in the trade, but Lebron turned it down. I don't believe that for some reason. The reason I don't believe that they said it really happened.
Speaker 6: What you mean they said they called it everything. The reason I don't believe that it is because they didn't give any details. What were they going to trade for Lebron James like this? And this came from uh, I think it was Ramona Shellbourne they said, they said Draymond from somewhere. They said Draymond even texted Rich Paul said, Hey, I just don't believe I believe it. I believe that text might have happened, but I don't believe it was ever serious between the organizations.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's jump right into the news. Let's talk about the deadly shooting in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was so unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Three days after winning the Super Bowl and the thrilling overtime victory, players with the Kansas City Chief reacted with sadness and thoughts for the victims after a shooting near the victory celebration was left, which left twenty two shot, including one person who died.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to NBC for the report Tonight, what was meant to be a day of celebration for Kansas City Guard instead became a day of fear and panic.
Speaker 9: We just heard a bunch of you know, pop pop, and people started running and scattering.
Speaker 10: This video obtained by TMZ Sports shows the moment shots rang out.
Speaker 11: The girl next to me, where my daughter was standing with her husband, was shot in the mouth.
Speaker 1: Our children witnessed it. She was on the ground bleeding from her mouth all over her shoulder.
Speaker 10: Police say at least one person was killed and at least twenty two shots after shooting at a parade celebrating the chief second straight Super Bowl win.
Speaker 12: Immediately officers responded to the area, took two people into costady and also immediately rendered life sustaining aid to those victims.
Speaker 6: Story of all lives in America remember growing up, they would always say as American as apple pie. Now in this era, they should say as American as mass shootings. There's nothing more American than mass shootings. Like, anytime there's a large crowd, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To be there. If there's no metal detectives.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, because like going to parades was the thing when I was younger, Like I've always wanted.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's no way to do metal detectives when it comes to those parades, right, there's no possible way. You can try to secure it as much as possible. I know they have a lot of undercovers, but you just just don't know. Do they know why or was he was it a particular target or was he just reckless to shooting at anybody?
Speaker 1: Do we not test?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a good question and be And just to make your point about, you know, having additional security there to make sure nothing happened, they actually had eight hundred police officers that were there, so they certainly had what they believed to have enough coverage somewhere on the building. They even had people on rooftops nearby. They said there is no motive at this time that they can determine. But again, you know, the story will continue to develop. I'm sure that a change. They said that terrorism. They don't believe that's terrorism, but again they can't confirm the motive. Three people are in custody at this time, so once they continue to you know, get to do more investigation with those three people, I'm sure we'll find out more and the on unfortunate thing. Make sure people didn't just miss that. You know, children were also you know, hurt in this as a result of the chaos, and it's saying twenty one others were shot, including children. So no, yeah, no official update on you know, any of those children, aren't you know, if there are any critical condition things like that. There's been a couple of different reports that have come out, so I don't want to mislead people as we continue to develop this with certainly children were involved. Now, Kansas City has long struggled with gun violence. In twenty twenty, they were among non cities targeted by the US Department of Justice in an effort to crack down on violent crime. In two thousand and three, the city matched a record with one hundred and eighty two homicide, most of which involved guns.
Speaker 6: Does the why even matter at this point when it comes to mass shootings. And the reason I asked that because it feels like sometimes we ask the why it make us feel better, so we can know what it is to see if we can attempt to avoid it. But there's always so many variables, right, Like, you got no proper gun legislation in this country, you got mental illness.
Speaker 1: You might have somebody you know, on drugs or drunk. You might just have people who are prejudiced. Who knows, somebody trying to prove a point.
Speaker 6: Somebody trying to prove a point on you know, somebody just trying to make make it take a statement. Yeah, they think they're making history by going out in an infamous way.
Speaker 1: Like there's always so many whys, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, the reason I asked why is like yesterday was in bed sack. But the reason I asked why is because I heard about the shooting. But you know, and this is just me, when you hear about shoots like that, you would always feel like, I hope somebody wouldn't just want.
Speaker 1: To reckless just shoot at anybody.
Speaker 2: You would not say hope, But I would rather be a beef in me and you a beef and we shooting at each other.
Speaker 1: It wasn't I'm just spraying and random kids. That's why you asked.
Speaker 6: You want to know why because you want to know if there's something you could potentially avoid, you want to know what it is. Correct, So maybe I can attempt to avoid that. But you know, there's always so many whys in these situations.
Speaker 2: Now, we did see a video tas of it looks like the pedestrians catching somebody. Was that an actual person or that was involved with it or was that you know, because we did see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they believe so, they said they did see a video.
Speaker 3: They believe that those people were involved in the three who were apprehended, but still unsure.
Speaker 1: She did speak on that at the press converse.
Speaker 3: It was a longer clip and she did confirm that, you know that some folks got involved, which is good that people kind of get involved and try to, you know, do.
Speaker 1: Something to prevent it.
Speaker 3: But still not confirming, you know, if it's exactly connected to the people who are in custody or not.
Speaker 1: But they did acknowledge that that was an actual video. All right, Well that is front page news. Now what are we talking? Next hour? Your next hour?
Speaker 3: Democratic New York Representative Jamal Bowen Bowman, who we've had on the show before. He is mixing hip hop and politics and also New York City schools.
Speaker 1: We know that there was a snow day the other day. They went online but it did not go as expected. So I'll tell you a little bit about that when we come back at the south of the hour.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that next. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? What's up? Trap? I've seen your Valentine's Day post with your boo.
Speaker 13: You saw what you saw, my baby looking off you and thick.
Speaker 1: You saw who your boo is.
Speaker 13: No, the base of all. Don't ever disrespect me. I would never. I would never.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 13: If you go look on my Instagram page, you'll see my bood I posted him for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: What's his name.
Speaker 13: I'm interested, Uh his name. His name is Leonardo. His name is Leonardo.
Speaker 1: Don't don't add old in my name. And that's that you had older. My name.
Speaker 13: Is hilarious, Jess got check him out here on my page A K A N the Score twins. You can go see my man, so make sure let me you like your man.
Speaker 15: Congratulations on your pregnancy. Okay, we having that baby. I love little baby, and I'm glad that we got out the situation figured out before you having a baby, so that's a good thing.
Speaker 6: I've been trying to have a baby for a while, but for whatever reason, him and his partners can't ever get pregnant.
Speaker 13: Sorry, one more announcement that'll make this yearly announcement, because every single time I call, he would be like, oh, he gets through so much because he's sleeping with Charlomage. Stop disrespecting me.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody ever told you. I heard that. I heard that.
Speaker 13: Soloma is always yes, it is. It is a conversation.
Speaker 1: So unfortunately, what youndgment? Are you? Are you what are you are you denying it? Are you saying it's true that.
Speaker 13: They could never get this?
Speaker 1: On his birthday, Charla Man don't want this. Okay, Why are your homie he so bad?
Speaker 8: It ain't me.
Speaker 13: Sorry, I'm be defending. You're telling everybody you're not gay. They don't believe me.
Speaker 1: It's wishful thinking. They see these hips and they see these there's nobody wishing on you.
Speaker 6: They be like, damn, I wish you was gay. Thank you by y'all, God, I wish I was gay. Can you imagine?
Speaker 2: I need to say, get it off your chest? Eight hundred five and five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. The Breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest. Way, whether you're man or bless something, to get up and get something. Call him now. Eight hundred five. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who is this?
Speaker 8: Mister Shirley from Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Shirley from Connecticut, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, jamb Hello Jess, hilarious, congratulations and.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning girl.
Speaker 8: Thank you Charlotte Magne of God. I just want to get off my chest about these mass shootings. I've Connecticut has been dealing with him since Sandy Hook and we've been trying very hard to change the legislation. But until the government gets their butt out of their heads, their heads out of their butts rather and puts this together, it's not gonna stop.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 8: My grandson actually went to a school down the street for the Sandy Hook when that happened all the years ago. He was in kindergarten at the time, and now he's gonna be graduating high school next year. And that day when they first said that there was a shooting in Newtown, my heart drops. And I actually know some kids that went to that school. One of my best friend's nephews kids went there and they actually seen the shooting. So it's really rough, and I know they're fighting for it, but nothing's happened in all these years. It's been fourteen years and nothing's happening.
Speaker 6: You got too many senators that benefit from NRA money. And that's just the truth to the matter. You know what I'm saying. When you got the NRA exactly, that's it. It's really, that's simple.
Speaker 8: The government's getting money from them. That's what the problem is. They're not gonna change it because they're getting money from the government.
Speaker 6: That's right and already benefits too many political campaigns and senators who up pose you know, gun safety legislation.
Speaker 8: So right, and until we get somebody there that's ready to fight them, it's never gonna change, unfortunately, right, And I wish it wasn't like that.
Speaker 1: That's right. Sure, I'm sorry now, and I'm sorry for everything that you had to deal with. That absolutely.
Speaker 8: The any other thing is about six months ago, you guys were supposed to send me a package and I never received it. Supposed to send bumps in a shine black effect tat from you guys, my grandson.
Speaker 2: We'll get that to right, We'll get your address again. We'll make sure promises.
Speaker 1: Going out to day.
Speaker 6: You guys have a bay and listen, man, anytime y'all feel like y'all just need to vent, because I mean, that's the only thing we can do in this country, because you know, America doesn't know how to solve problems.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club is always a platform for you. Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 14: This is a drena.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 14: I'm a little nervous, but I really want people to reach out to your friends and family, check on them to make sure that they're okay. It's been almost eight months since he loost my soulmate to suicide, and when he committed suicide, we was on a break, but we were still very much in communication with each other. But I knew something was wrong, and my gut told me to go back, but my head said no, don't do it. And had I listened to my gut, I would have known something was wrong and could have been able to help. Also, with women and their children, when you have a man that wants to be in the lives of their kids, you shouldn't use the child as a poem to get back because no one never ever thought that he would commit suicide because of what was happening with his children. So I just want people to just be aware of those things.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, ma'am. Well, definitely sending your healing energy, queen. Yes, thank you, Absolutely all right, Mama, I have a blessed that you guys do the same. He's very heavy this morning.
Speaker 5: You got some money.
Speaker 1: Look, but.
Speaker 3: This is a lighter on a lighter note, right, So growing up, right Valentine's Day, my mom and my dad to make me their Valentine and they would take me to friendlies like that was just a childhood memory that I remember it actually made me cry. I said, that was a little emotional because my parents they are not together anymore, but they're still their friends.
Speaker 1: They're good now.
Speaker 3: But I was my older brother was always out, you know, doing his thing, bumping the ground in the streets, and they would take me to like Friendlies or I hop every year for like six or seven years in my life when I was a little girl, and they would always tell me I was there Valentine. So that was like a Valentine's Day memory that I had growing up. Like, I really really loved and appreciated my parents. So you went to friend yesterday and cried absolutely, not doubt Frisco's eight. But growing up I went to Friendlies. You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's so crazy that you said that.
Speaker 2: You know, when we were kids, Friendlies and I Hop was like the thing, that was the place chuck E cheese, that was it?
Speaker 1: What what you went to?
Speaker 6: I it was like this.
Speaker 1: It was just a special occasion growing downside. We went to Ryan's. We went to Friendlies and baby sizzling r ryse of the buffet. All you can eat? How was your stomach after that? Amazing? Was great?
Speaker 6: The only thing that is you had to learn not to go there and eat the yeast rolls. You know what I'm say, Because they give you these amazing yeast.
Speaker 1: Rolls with his butter and they taste really good.
Speaker 6: But you know, you eat them, you drink a little water, it swallows up in your stomach and that way you don't get the buffet the way you know, I mean, there's a little tricks that you learn when you're growing up.
Speaker 1: In the areas, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't eat the rolls. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight nun drink five eighty five, one oh five one. Now we got just with the mess coming.
Speaker 1: Up, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: Eminem is co producing a documentary investigating celebrity fandom stands.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll get into that next.
Speaker 9: Don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to breakfast Club in morning, the breakfast club. All right. Did you see the Rich Baby Daddy video. I saw the snippet online. No, I actually thought it was. It was the way Sissl ran up and steps. It ain't trip. I was so proud of her. Was that real? They said it was. They said it was real. Actually broke during the video during the tape in the video, so they.
Speaker 6: All happened to be together when Sexy Read went in the label and went to the hospital with her.
Speaker 5: And to be honest with you, you know, you can't believe what you see on the internet.
Speaker 3: And actually Sexy Real set in that seat and told us that don't believe what you see, like cause I'll be lying, so that it could have been like all the propaganda, but like it was a nice video just for you know.
Speaker 1: It was like because it was like it looked like it was real. As long as it looks real, it was. It was good. Well, we are the Breakfast Club, good morning, and let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 12: It was just real.
Speaker 1: Just the lords don't do just is gonna bring the numbers on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Stocks.
Speaker 3: Loyd Wayne is hoping to be booked for Super Bowl halftime shows. So Lloyd Wayne recently was on YG's podcast four hundred and the super Bowl twenty twenty five is scheduled to be in New Orleans, which I thought was great.
Speaker 5: It's great, that's gonna be like even blacker than it was this time.
Speaker 1: It should be.
Speaker 3: I love that, right, So Wayne is putting his self in position to be someone that they call for the halftime show.
Speaker 1: We have audio just what he said, Dude, I.
Speaker 15: Got to ask you.
Speaker 1: I'm just asked a question. I don't know the answer, but I gotta ask you.
Speaker 16: Of course, the super Bowl is in New Orleans. I think it's in twenty twenty five or something.
Speaker 1: That he's doing it. I'm not sure. Not come on, I don't know. I can. I will not lie to you.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 16: I have not got a calling Jay, but we all praying. You know, we're praying with keeping a fingers crossed. I'm working hard and make sure this next album and everything I do is killer. So I'm gonna make it very hard for them to I want to just make it hard for them not to let the boy.
Speaker 1: Let the record show.
Speaker 6: After last year's super Bowl with Rihanna right here on Breakfast Club, he said the next two super Bowl should be Usher in Vegas, right, And that happened, and we said, Lil Wayne Drake and Friends in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: That's because but do you do Lil Wayne Drake and Friends?
Speaker 17: That?
Speaker 6: Do you do New Orleans? No, you can't come on stop because you gotta think about the NFL. Okay, think about the NFL. First, Lil Wayne is that level of artists you can headline halftime super Bowl Drake definitely Wayne Protege.
Speaker 1: It can definitely do it. So it has to be Lil Wayne Drake and friends.
Speaker 6: The friends should be Nicki Minaj another superstar of that magnitude. Correct juvenile come out, Dan do back that ass up. That's a classic Cali come out Dan do We taking over t Payne right from T Pain and Wayne got some supid number one record and possibly Tiger.
Speaker 3: But I just was saying, like, even before we go there, let's do like original New Orleans. So like Manny Fresh definitely come there, probably saying something yeah, but it gotta be like come on, got body gras feeling yes, got you gotta tie into that. I mean I'm all for you know, Lil Wayne Drake and all of them, but like original, absolute original New Orleans, cash money and all of that. I think that that would be great. Of course, like you said, I even I'm not mad at master P because that is.
Speaker 6: Even if it's a little bit of NFL guys about main scream. I love Maths beating that, but you got to think about they're gonna the NFL is gonna want mainstream caliber artists on that.
Speaker 3: A little free to pop out, Yeah, bringing out already know he got a tie to end, not.
Speaker 6: An HBCU classic. Okay, think about what we're talking about here. I love all of those people you're talking about, but you got to think about the stage that these people are gonna be on.
Speaker 1: You still got to sell it to the NFL. All right, you're right, So hopefully Lil Wayne even gets to do it. That's because that's that's gets part for the main part that definitely should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, moving on, Donald Glove is hurt by claims that he has ill will towards black women. So back in twenty twenty two, Donald Glover interviewed himself for Interview magazine, and I just think this was like not even really interesting, but awkward because he asked himself, are you afraid of black women?
Speaker 1: And hisself said, why are you asking me that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And then he also said, I feel like you're using black women to question my blackness. Now, he just recently did an interview with Hollywood Reporter and he said, it feels like no it I felt like it was something that people would say, but no one ever wanted really ask me the question. Yeah, it is a better narrative, but anybody who actually knows me knows how much that that actually hurts me. But I also realized that it doesn't matter. People are not going to read this and be like, wow, I was wrong. They're just going to keep assuming that I have ill will toward black women. But you interviewed yourself, and yourself didn't even answer that question, So you could have cleared all that up when you asked yourself, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very strange. Why even bring that up with yourself? And then what are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 12: Like you know, it's just so.
Speaker 3: He also continued to say that he stopped caring about what people thought because people who actually know him, like Quincon Brunson and some other black people that we don't know, they know the truth.
Speaker 6: But how can you say you don't care about what people thought. But you the one who asked yourself that question.
Speaker 1: You asked you. Nobody asked you that you ask yourself that morrow of the story. Man, some niggas be clowns.
Speaker 2: Let me ask a question, right, when you see people for the cause, right, and they're so into you know, pro black people, that I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do that and then they marry an other.
Speaker 6: How does that make you feel? I don't know if he married, but he had kids with a white woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like doctor Umar Johnson, right, if you looked up in doctor would disagree with Donald. But now, doctor Lumar Johnson, you looked up and he married a white woman, would you lookt him the same?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 6: Umar?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 6: But but but his wife all, I can't believe you with disrespect doctor, would you look at him?
Speaker 1: Totally against it?
Speaker 2: But do you look at do you look at people the same like they're for the cause if they're married outside of their race? Did we just had this conversation just I'm asking now because we having this conversation, because we're.
Speaker 1: Talking, it makes you, It makes you wonder a little.
Speaker 3: Definitely, can you be that pro black and then you be like you know and married, Yeah, just marry other man.
Speaker 1: It's a question. And I've heard that.
Speaker 6: I mean Donald Glove has made jokes like he made jokes, you know, like I remember one time he said I think he said Filipinos are like the black girls of Agians.
Speaker 1: I remember him saying that.
Speaker 6: On a on a I don't know if it was a stand up special's yo niggas. Yeah, he's made a jokes before. He's always had a strange relationship with just race. Remember when he came on with Breakfast Club back in the day and he was like he wanted to be big and white. And he kept saying that, like all of these stars like the Will Smith to Beyonce something. He's kind of basically saying like they've gotten so big that they've like transcended race.
Speaker 1: He was like, I want to be big and white. Remember he wrote that poem for MTV saying he wanted to be big and white. It's just it's just it's just strange.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's why I just told that story because it was awkward in this Black History Month.
Speaker 1: Too, So I just wanted to. I think what just keeps repeating is true. Yeah, well that is just with the mess for the first hour.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we got front page News and then Vince Staples will be joining us.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 6: Waitol, you're like to end to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club and let's getting some front page news.
Speaker 1: What up there is? Good morning dj MV Charleleane to God Jess hilarious. Hey Dabe, Now let's talk about this new hip Hop task Force.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm always a fan of when hip hop and politics is merged together. So the task Force is created and led by Congressman Jamal Bowman. He said he'll be using hip hop messaging as a way of building more of an equitable society to help spearhead initiatives to address economic equality, affordable housing, and racial justice. I reached out to Congressman Bowman yesterday to ask him about this new task force and this is what he had to say to the Breakfast Club family.
Speaker 1: What's up, Breakfast Club family. This is Congressman Jamal Bowman.
Speaker 18: Yesterday, for the first time in his three we launched a hip Hop task Force and the US House of Representatives in Congress. We did this for one reason, to build political power within the hip hop community and culture so that we could transform federal, state and local legislation. Hip Hop is a multi billion dollar industry with millions of fans, and we make culture in America what it is. But we have to use our voices in our power to change policy. That's where you all come. So be on the lookout for more information on social media and websites, and I will definitely stay in tune and stay in touch, peace and love y'all.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's way better than the task forces there if historically created in New York City.
Speaker 1: To harass rappers. Usually the task forces.
Speaker 6: Usually the task forces they create this want to investigate horazz and lock rappers up, So.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, I think this is a good thing.
Speaker 3: One of the things I've always talked about is how they use hip hop, you know, to help fundraise. Would never have hip hop at the table to actually solve the problems. I used to say, the days of using hip hop as a police pitical fundraising gimmick without accountability to heal the story the hip hop tells us over and so he's actually doing that making sure. He even said that hip hop has always been about stories about poverty and you know, about crime and violence and all of the good things, you know, and hip hop as well. So I really look forward to seeing, you know, what he does with this and really utilizing those voices that are pretty much the voices of the street.
Speaker 1: So I think that's a good thing. I will say is that the task force that that created in New York. I mean, I'm sure, like in any.
Speaker 2: Task force, there's some good players and bad players, but I would say that task force saved a lot of hip hop artists from dying. Their job was to comb social media to see who the beefs were, what the beats were, and to be around to make sure that those individuals didn't get shot and killed and to make sure when not just artists, hip hop artists entourage DJ's bartenders and all of them when they were leaving those venues in clubs, that they didn't get robbed.
Speaker 1: So some of that task force.
Speaker 2: Actually did do good and saved a lot of people out there, me and including myself that they saved me on a couple occasion when I DJ heavy in the city.
Speaker 1: So they're still around. Yeah, they definitely still.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say their name because I don't want to put them on blast, but they definitely still around.
Speaker 1: They definitely.
Speaker 6: They definitely told me I couldn't have somebody at my Mental Health Act fort last year. I didn't know, you know what I mean, person was scheduled to be there, and they was like, uh no, this person is here. You gotta have metal detectives and you got to have at least four of us here. And I'm like, WHOA ain't know all that.
Speaker 1: Well, they wanted to protect you the people that you had coming to your Yes, yes, and they called it an actual task force.
Speaker 2: Task force to hip hop police. But they have an actual name. But yeah, I mean we call it the hip hop police. But yeah, they have a task force the name and that's what they do. Like Charlamage said, they make sure when they see certain artists that are gang related and especially that they're going through beef, they try to make sure that they don't have any killings on their turf and they try to make sure that people are safe.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Well, hope it's some good policy will come out of this. I love seeing when hip hop's at the table. So thank you representative for reaching out and responding to my call and actually giving a message directly to the breakfast club listeners, which is hip.
Speaker 1: Hop all right, Well that is front page you news s take it. Tis absolutely to.
Speaker 6: Make sure you subscribe to at Teslin Figureo's podcast.
Speaker 1: It's great shot.
Speaker 6: No chase of podcasts on the black back iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at teslin figure on on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: All right, now, when we come back, Vince Staples will be joining us. His new show, The Vince Staples Show is out today and we're gonna kick.
Speaker 1: It with him when we come back. So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club in Morning, The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is t J N V Jesse Larious, Charlamane the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 6: Man, He's got a new show coming out on Netflix called The Vince Staples Show.
Speaker 1: Vince Staples is hell.
Speaker 4: I'm doing I'm going good at how y'all doing that? I'm good, bro, I'm greateful, I'm blessed.
Speaker 1: I'm good. So what is The Vince Staples Show about? Man?
Speaker 4: I mean pretty much as you know, day to day life and our human experience. I feel like a lot of the times, it's a lot of nuance and a lot of people's lives that we might kind of ignore. You know, we all have those days that we tell people, you know, you won't believe it that happened even today. So just trying to find ways to you the lie that and that format, so to say, and kind of attack deeper issues as far as you know, classism, socialism, violence, our relationships with those things, our relationships with fame, money, things of that nature, and kind of taking a light of approach to kind of the stuff that we deal with day to day that people wouldn't believe because especially when you scape the black community, right, you can tell people the stuff that you see that you might deem as normal, and when you get these other rooms, they don't see it as normal necessarily. So just trying to find a way to shed light on it while keeping it lighthearted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ask that question because we were watching it, and that's with just what is the show about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying, like what what? Because you know, it's not like your typical show, you know what I'm saying. It's like, like you said, day to day, and which can one day it could be crazy and then the next day it can be just chill. Like I didn't expect a Homi to die like and then I know I'm kind of oh the second one, but that was like I go from laugh and something like damn, that's.
Speaker 1: That's just how it going to be. Yeah, But that's that's life.
Speaker 4: Like you got to think about so that episode since we're talking about that, right, you know, we've all had different levels of financial gain, and when you have these levels of financial gain, you're getting these other rooms where you realize you don't really got what you.
Speaker 13: Think that you have.
Speaker 4: And a lot of the times us kind of having the door closed in our face. So, you know, black people are entertainers, people that come from a different world. We find solace in the things that we understand no matter where they come from. So, you know, your friends robbing the bank, which is a negative situation, but you feel comfortable to be in that environment. That could be alcoholism, that can be drugs, that can be streached, that can be the violence, anything that we can kind of connect to when another door is closed. So that kind of represents the bigger statement of that. And also just die sometimes. Yeah, yeah, so you know, you might, you might, you might be this close to opportunity. You might be this close to a situation which will be kind of receiving that loan and starting that business. And it's some traumatic happens and a response to it is how our responses is when anybody get killed by the police, you know, you put your hands up and you stand still. So it's a lot of deeper meaning and a lot of the things we just wanted to show nuanced with it.
Speaker 6: Even before that though, because I won't give too much away, I normally do what I want to. Yes, But but you, when you had the opportunity to leave, you realized, even though you was innocent and didn't do nothing, stepping outside that door with the police might have led to you getting killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean exactly.
Speaker 4: And it's like a lot of the stuff that brings us trauma and a lot of the stuff that kind of forces uncomfortable conversations for us. Other people honestly don't even know about. I didn't have my manager for a long time, and he was I would just tell him certain stuff, like I remember we was on we had a call and I was like, oh yeah, man, like hold on, I gotta go, Like the baby shower got raided.
Speaker 1: And he was like what and then call me back.
Speaker 4: He was like what your mother, I was at the homisun baby shower and got raided, Like dude, they kicked the door in and he was like they not supposed to do like that, or like we got a meet and then man, you gotta build me out real quick. Like, I didn't really look at it like it was that crazy until I got older and you realize your circumstances are within a bubble. So I really kind of wanted to think about the thought process of that bubble and how when you're in it, you don't notice what's going on until you leave. So you got subtle nuanced in every episode where it's situation that we deal with peifically in the black community, pacifically kind of a urban background. But when you escape that, that makes zero sense. Bro, And now that we kind of further moved and we're able to put it on screen, it does feel awkward. It feels uncomfortable a little bit because we don't expect to see these things in these environments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you know, I'm a comedian. So the funniest part to me was Homie in jail singing, right, that is so funny. I wanted to know, though, did you write that or did you let him not do this thing?
Speaker 1: Yea, I wrote it. I wrote it, but you wrote that it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Its timing is amazing, like his his kiss context to kind of know where the joke is, it is amazing. And as you know, on comedy, like with film, and I feel like within stand up specifically, it's so much more freedom. It's so much more I guess execution is a lot more important because it ain't that it ain't no cutting and you gotta yeah, exactly. So within I think film and television, a lot of people might not know where the joke is at, and it's harder to tell the story or convey kind of the emotionally trying to convey versus being in a stand up. So it was hard at certain moments to try to figure out how to hit this correctly, how to make sure that it didn't fall flat, but also how to make sure it didn't look like he was kind of cooling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was perfect. It was funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'm glad dude just wanted to square up because nowadays you gotta have a little bit of that. I seem like in every program, it ain't gonna pitch Booty off, it ain't gonna pitch Boosy off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, Boosy can watch this man with the whole family. It's gonna be good. All the kids can watch bulls watch this with the kids. Man, it's not it's not you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If you was locked, U, would you really act like that with other in me?
Speaker 17: Bro?
Speaker 4: So that that episode we had a meaning about that episode. No, we had a meeting and I had we had a meaning. I had a mishap traffic ticket. So I had a traffic ticket in jail. Yeah, and it was this dude. It was an important meaning. So I can't remember who was. It was somebody important and the dude next to me, he just kept singing, Bro like he wouldn't stop. And you know, you're in the tank sound like a or whatever. We could get a two MANU sholdever because I'm like, they take me too long, So we's sleep.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Bro, I'm like, hey, Bro, you got not like that. But I was like, Bro, like you get the top.
Speaker 4: Like he's like, oh no, I'm not tripping, Bro, Like, ain't nothing, like you know, he was cool something already cool. I'm thinking, you know, sometimes he's trying to be tough and stuff. So I'm sleep, Bro, Bro just start humming and and like I'm like, Bro, Mike, he got no idea who I am? And ain't like because I ain't like super popping like that. So he just like he just he would have done it no matter who was in the cell, which make it worse. And then Bro just like his arm like fall under the thing. He just starts snapping, like while he's singing. It's like two o'clock in the morning. He would not stop. Broke and then Bro leaned.
Speaker 1: I was so mad.
Speaker 4: He just leaned over the bunk. He was like, that's all right. I was like, yeah, Bro, that's good, that's good. You remember what it was, Yeah, I'll tell you later.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, it was raise and I'm just like, Bro, like it's two o'clock in the morning. I had a show. I had a lot of palooza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was like, I got all this stuff and my mom trying to build like a lot of clues I got. I had a meeting that I missed. I'm a little crazy that I missed. I don't even think it came to fruition because of that, But that's kind of when I was still doing a lot at the same time. And I don't know how he had explained him or whatever. I don't I know he didn't tell them what really happened, but he can't know what he's doing, but just like, oh man, what happened? Like, yeah, bro, like my bad, I missed a meeting, like I had had an engagement. Oh man, what happened? Telling the hommies I was supposed to be to the studio, I was like, yeah, bro, I got I got locked up. And then this dude kept singing to me about the casino.
Speaker 1: He was like what.
Speaker 4: I'm like, He's like, you're lying. That's what my engineer was like, you lying. He's like, bro, He's like, bro, just tell me what happened. I'm like, I promise you. My sister was at working subway. I had to go figure up with my mam bad to go get my car. It's like, I'm not supposed to be still living like this at that moment. But it was a very important turning point in my life. And it's kind of a life lesson. So I try to kind of recreate some of these life lessons that were honestly like a little traumatic and be able to kind of poke fun at yourself based on the decisions you make.
Speaker 2: So to say, all right, we got more with Vince Staples when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning, everybody is DJ Envy Jesse hilarious, Charlamine the guy.
Speaker 1: We're still kicking it with Vince Staples.
Speaker 5: Yes, so your mom is played by Vanessa. About Callowie, I wasn't working with her.
Speaker 1: I love her. She's great, man.
Speaker 4: She's when you usually work with somebody of that magnitude, you don't expect any extras, you get what I'm saying. But she auditioned for the role because she wanted to, which was crazy.
Speaker 1: I've seen that. I was like with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her auditioning for the role was like just unheard of for a show of my caliber, somebody with my reputation as far as never doing this before.
Speaker 1: So I was assumedly grateful of that.
Speaker 4: I was grateful that she worked with us on every fast as far as you know, hair and makeup, all those things is very very intricate, and she kind of led us in a way that she wanted to be able to do how she wanted to be able to do it, the research that she applied, siting with me asking questions about you know, my mother did position in her thought process and how I will want to play what's important to me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is true, if this is true as far like to the character itself, and just over and over and over again, just giving me insight on how this thing worked. And she's been doing it for an extremely long time. So I was extremely grateful for her. But the opportunity to have her in my show, and just even to this day, like she always hit me up, give me vice, jars, make sure I know what's going on. I really really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a mother figure for real. Yeah, and especially like she don't got to do none of that.
Speaker 4: She can go to work and go home, and she made sure to kind of make sure I know what I was doing, especially being the first time I had never acted, ever written, never produced, never done nothing before. So just having her kind of teach me how you should be treated and what you should demand, Like her and Kenya were extremely important and kind of giving the information. And Kenya is different because it's her it's his job. Excuse me, it's not her.
Speaker 1: Job to do that at all. So I really really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: And just seeing how good she is, like of course you know she's good, but on set, her being able to, like chack I guess her direction and also kind of helping direct our camera department, helping her because we had a really really really small team, so kind of her feeling in the void when she didn't have to it, Like, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: How close is she to your mom in real life?
Speaker 3: My mom?
Speaker 4: My mom a little bit more turned up camera. Yeah, but mom she cool, though, my mom cool? But my mom is my MoMA interested.
Speaker 1: Man, does your mom really like jail?
Speaker 4: No, but my mom has said that before. My MoMA ain't nothing wrong with it, that's my mama said. But mama's one of the people right where you have your circumstances. Like we talk about our triggers in our kind of our environment and how it changes us. So my mom the type of person that, no matter what, everybody that came with us, they right until we get to the house. Right. So my mom has an understanding point of view on everything. But she also holds you accountable for the things that you do. We was kids, She's like, I ain't picking you all up second time, Like you get one free we you get a free one. I'm gonna get you after that.
Speaker 1: It's on you.
Speaker 4: This happened that my mom my mom done walked in the room before all my mommies in living room and then somebody's telling joke.
Speaker 1: I started laughing. My mama just say he gonna tell dangne of that.
Speaker 4: And he told too that it was a little crazy that a liar he was told. Man, But my mom, her experience is kind of mirror ours. And it's weird growing up with a mother who understands like kind of the nuance of the situation when you're younger, but as you get older, you go to appreciate it. And I think it's a lot of the times we have a point of view. I guess the women in these communities, especially when think about film and just art that takes place in southern California, Like it's always the mom crying over the dead body and no, baby, don't do this. That's not how any of my homies mothers are. Because you got to think about the black community. I was born in ninety niney three, so just kind of the state that California was in at that point in time to state that the streets was in the states for our community, drugs, alcoholism, I guess, homelessness, lack of jobs, lack.
Speaker 1: Of resources, they couldn't be soft exactly.
Speaker 4: And I think kind of having a mother figure in the show that help the characters responsible was extremely important because my mom, she's not giving you no passes, but she's not gonna shy away from loving you.
Speaker 1: But you don't get those pasts.
Speaker 6: And I read you used to send scripts and run show ideas by Quentinn Brunson.
Speaker 4: I sent Quinja in one of the scripts. She was like, yeah, I'm gonna lie be nervous. You know, you send the scripts. But she kind of cause, like I said, I've never done it before. Yeah, so you know, you kind of get to be around these people. I was lucky enough to be a part of her show, and then we kind of afforded your relationship. We had done the show previously with those animations, so we didn't really communicate that much. But she been a really really big help. Her talent and her professionalism and just the way that she runs that operation, you know, for that big company. It's understated, like she does an amazing job. I don't know if I ran across somebody who does it as good as she does in the manner that she does it. So I was just really grateful that she was able to even look at it and also let you know that, like, you know what you're doing because especially not having information, not having access a certain thing. You know, these people that done went to college for this stuff, like, I value their opinion, and Yeah, it was a good opportunity to be able to share with her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna ask you a question as they random, was They're gonna be random to the people who haven't seen the show yet, but they're not gonna be random to you.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 1: What did the music do to Michael Jackson?
Speaker 4: Man, look at it everything, bro take his childhood that case. It's music. Music can be tumultuous, bro like, and I think that a lot of the time, we're so busy focusing on the music and what it gives to us, we don't ever look at the like, look at the bro look at bro. Like when I was a kid and I seen Michael Jackson, I didn't know of Michael Jackson. I'm only thirty, so my whole life I was like, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: My whole life. It's like, I never looked at Michael Jackson, was like, oh man, that's a cool flight.
Speaker 4: Michael and then you get older and then you see I remember my first time seeing it was like the movie that the made for TV movie they had with you at the rat and un American Jackson American Family, the.
Speaker 1: One Jason Weaver played. Wait, I was gonna say, flex Washington, No, that was that was crazy. That was crazy too. Now that yeah Jackson. I was like, this ain't cool, like this, what happened is this? That's what happened? Bro y'all like, y'all let this happen like everybody like, oh, that's Mike, Like, no, that's terrible.
Speaker 6: You know the interesting thing about Mike, you know how they say the whole you know, Bill Cobby was trying to buy a NBC thing.
Speaker 1: Mike really owned half of the music industries published.
Speaker 6: No black man is supposed to have that kind of power in the music injurty, but nobody ever said it was a conspiracy to bring Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: That look, man, that's all I'm saying. I'm saying it looked like he was in a so freaking.
Speaker 1: Man, we talked about that. Oh man, Mike was innocent. Man, I'm not saying he wasn't.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying he was I'm saying that if he had anything going on, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is in life looked a little rough. He got investigated by the FBI was seventeen years.
Speaker 4: I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about that wig Bro. You talking about these kids. I'm saying, regardless, see how you see how you see how we're trying to kind of trying to sidetrack it with the accomplishments instead of being like, hey, this is your life up. What I'm saying is, no matter what happened, look at that well that the music, got the money and the fame.
Speaker 6: He was the most famous man on earth, probably the most famous person ever that walked the face through the show.
Speaker 1: And look at you. Damn it's not true, he said, trauma. No, it's not true.
Speaker 4: Man, that weave with that nosey Mike up.
Speaker 1: Man, they need to we need to say we need a sorry Mike Day, like my bad Micael.
Speaker 6: I like that, my bad MJ. We're gonna do that on his birthday. Man, you started doing this show on YouTube right about five years ago. Man.
Speaker 4: So originally, when I first started doing music, I never been like the biggest artist. So when started doing music, people will kind of gravitate to our certain things. We like your music videos, we like this, we like that. And I never been like ignorant of the world around you me.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I know what I'm good at, I know what I'm not good at. So I always thought, Okay, what's the limits that we can push probably visual medium, same thing with interviews and stuff of that nature. So we had a bunch of meanings had to be like seven, eight, nine years ago, and I'm going to everybody, we want to do a show, and it was nah, maybe later were working on this, you got some music for that, it wasn't paning out, So I just kind of did more work out of a bunch of voiceover stuff. I did some smaller roles on other films though, being one of the first, and then we did the YouTube thing for a couple episodes, and that's kind of how we got the chops up and kind of learn how to do it. Then I think a year or two after that is when we got the opportunity to kind of go through Netflix.
Speaker 1: We'll go with Kenya.
Speaker 4: We got Kenya and a couple other people Kenya to me. It was the most honest, and he was the most understanding that I was trying to make something and it wasn't I need you to make this for me type situation. And so we got the situation with him and Netflix and COVID hit. So we had to sit that out and then when COVID happened, they picked it back up thankfully. Now we're here, all right.
Speaker 2: We got more with Vince Staples when we come back. Now, Vince said he never fell in love with hip hop. You gotta ask him about it when we come back, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 1: But we're still kicking it with Vince Staples.
Speaker 2: Do you all to Breakfast Club? DJ MV Jesse, Larry is Charlomage to God.
Speaker 6: Is the challenging to take your natural humor and wit and put it into a scripted, fictional format.
Speaker 1: Nah, brocause I don't even be jogging like that, Bro, Like I I'll be chilling, you know.
Speaker 5: Telly, He's so serious. So I'm like, why you're gonna bring up what I said.
Speaker 1: Even the way, Like what's up?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 1: I'm like, Nah, don't tell them nothing, not saying people.
Speaker 4: I'll be triping the writing is the easy part, bro, like that that's not I think that's probably the part I gravitated to the most. And I think the thing about making the show, especially when you have some sort of notoriety, is that the perception can be off right.
Speaker 1: People was thinking of auster Vin Staples show.
Speaker 4: So like when you kind of doing the scripts, it's like, I'm not necessarily the main character in any of these episodes. The environment is the main character, but it's the show because like it's my perspective on hobby of the world and how I feel black people interact with each other. It's not really ever about me in the show at all. That's why the writing is really important because when you think about the Bank episode, right, the Bank episode to me is tackling a lot of things like, all right, you just seen.
Speaker 1: Today JP Morgan.
Speaker 4: I've seen a clip of the JP Morgan do apologizing for being institutional slavery, but that's part of the episode that we have, know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like being able to tackle.
Speaker 4: Those things are important because I be in place and I'd be like, y'all just gonna let these white folks like like dud this in our face, like and we all love him so much and not just like you know white people, like I know, I got like I got like I got like one white friend like probably wanted.
Speaker 1: A half, so it's like one and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he like six far six eight, you know what I mean, I got it. I probably say three. I got another six foot white boy that he my engineer, so he kind I guess but shout.
Speaker 1: Out tired of what's up?
Speaker 13: Bro?
Speaker 1: But uh we we brought.
Speaker 4: The writing of it is important because it's so much that I think kind of goes on said, So I like translating it into writing it is easier because if I just start saying somebody feeling, then I'm gonna look crazy.
Speaker 1: No, trust me, you got some of that in here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like when the dude walks away from the at the f and he's like, why are we black?
Speaker 1: But all right, so that's a true story.
Speaker 4: I got an uncle name went for shout I'm going cold man, and he got drunk whe and he was asking that question.
Speaker 1: My mom was like, shut up, But I felt bro, because I'm like, what are that even mean? Like if we really like get in deep.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're black if you've never asked that question, not saying that you don't want to be black. Yeah, when you think about all the things black people have had to deal with in this country.
Speaker 1: Why are we black? But why are we going through? That's what I think he was trying to say. Yeah, because it's willis like my family is helography.
Speaker 4: So we had like a family type thing and it's like you know sometimes black people like infect churchie. Yeah, so my family, everybody in my family had a fake like come to Jesus moment, and it always get way worse when it was done. So this was the end of somebody like save your moment. So my uncle Whifford argue, I just got a question. He's I just don't understand why is we black? Dan, And everybody was like shut the fick up, like drunk, But his feelings was really hurt because like you're arguing in my house, I don't understand what's going on. It's like if you just say that, if I just walked up here and said that, I'm a little crazy on the internet. So being able to write it and give it context and show the things that happened kind of make it a little bit easier.
Speaker 1: But he was drunk.
Speaker 3: He was thinking he was your uncle probably been through so much and just seeing so much, and it's like, man, why we gotta and.
Speaker 4: I be feeling bad for people from that generation. That's my grandy sister has, My grandy sister just died. My granny and my grandsister just died. They was getting old or whatnot. So I'm we at the funeral and I'm like, what's up I gonna with for you good? He's like, yeah, you know, Vergie did, so you know I'm gonna just be at the house, like come on down. It's like, damn, You're like, you don't think that sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: He's like, what you mean.
Speaker 4: I'm like, your whole life is just been sorrow like talk like a sharecropper from Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Like it's like he still see horses every day. You probably don't see no no translation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the stuff that we deal with as people is real interesting, man, and you just gotta kind of tread on it lightly, just to be I don't even trade lightly, because when you were making stuff us, we understand it, but you want to be I guess sensitive to the stuff that we deal with every day and now make it seem like you poking fun at ourselves, cause what we don't want to do is we don't want to kind of go to these people's platforms and poke fun at ourselves and kind of be slapstickish almost, you know what I'm sing because with my thing like, oh man, it's just it's just dry. This is that r But it worked for Wilfred, it worked for Louis. You work for Curve, to work for all these other people, So I can do a show like this, Well, we can't start the show like this if the perspective is gonna be all. But if we utilize this lens and then we do a slow panel, then we can still showcase the environment while showing emotion of the characters and we start talking like that, then they gotta just let you do what you want to do, which why the information is important in the writing is important just making sure that you are able to articulate to someone who don't understand because they looking at it it's math because with them, they got the world, so they don't got to worry about the stuff that they say, the stuff that they do because and I'm not saying this in a demeaning way, but just like all right, hostitially. It's the same stuff that we kind of champions you carry for, we don't try to perry for. Yeah, but it's based on the way of the circumstances in the community. And you know how people view these things, you call them if you were black, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like you gotta be mindful of the fact that people do feel that way when you create these things and they have mass representation exactly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So why aren't we black because we're lucky, you know what I'm saying. That's what I look at it. You know what I mean, I like it. I wouldn't want to be the mother thing, know what the other things? Yeah, I like says being black is dangerous, but it's cool. Yeah, man, Like, yeah, where your seatbelt, man, you'll be out.
Speaker 6: I love We're gonna get out of here, man, because you know, when just start to get quiet like this, that means you ready to.
Speaker 1: Go first of all, But why you get off her head?
Speaker 5: It's like, you know why, I don't understand that I only been up here in two weeks.
Speaker 1: I want to go. I want to leave, all right. I want to put into you need a vacation this I do. Thank you many Lord? Have you really never fell in love with hip hop?
Speaker 4: What I meant by that was like, what's that moment? Like if when do you fall in love with your mama? You feel me when you fall in love with your father? Like people not black, they got different experiences. Where when do you discover hip hop? If you were born in nineteen ninety three in the ghetto, when do you walk into a place and they're like, hey, this is hip hop? Like what do we be talking about?
Speaker 1: Like that's that's to ask me?
Speaker 4: When I fell in love with like char Cooterie or like some stupid white people like hip is a part of I'm black.
Speaker 1: It's just there. It's always been there, Like I don't know, Like that's a that's crazy to think about. Bro, It's like when they made Jesus Like what I'm black? We just do it.
Speaker 6: My last question, me and glass Along was having a conversation right and Glasses was saying, how if you're not from like like hip hop in order to be hip hop has to be from the hood and have a street aesthetic and beyond. I always say you wanted to be on some games? He says, no, that's not what he's saying to me, you hip hop, Kendrick is hip hop, Cole is hip hop. Y'all don't have to do no criminal to be considered hip hop. Do you think you have to do? Because you said that earlier. You talk about can show my my environment? Right, I think great better music.
Speaker 4: Then Glasses be saying half of what he's trying to say, that's my dog, So I know he be bushing. I feel like the important sentence is for it to be accepted fully because the way that we viewed certain things, that's a very big part of hip hop. That's a very big part of black culture, very big part of being a black male, to be honest, that's a big part of manhood in general, especially for a black man. So if you you're making hip hop and you're saying you come from all these things, but it feels different. It feels like it's not how they view us. Because let's be real, bro, we thirteen forty percent of this population. We got to sell things to people that's not us. So for it to translate, oh, I know what that is. You know what I'm saying, sports, god, jerseys, bro, just is what it is. So I feel like for to fully translate and kind of re certain heights based on how people perceive it.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, it does have to be that, but that don't make it right.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 1: Do you think you got to have the street elements and the hood elements?
Speaker 4: I think for their understanding and digestion of it. But what is the street element of it? And what is the hood element?
Speaker 1: It struggle?
Speaker 4: It's poverty, it's lack of resources, is lack of family, it's lack of all these things.
Speaker 1: And that's just the Black experience based on how the world sees it. So it's not just violence.
Speaker 4: Violence is just the biggest part of it as far as how we speak about it think about I know they exist, but it's way more mother records than it is father records. You get what I'm saying. It's just how our community looks and how kind of we view it, you know what I mean. So I feel like, like I get older and I'm like I feel bad, like kind of for my father, like the relationship that we have for it's like, all right, you got incarceration issue, you got substance issues, Like it ain't like you were just like, yeah, I ain't coming home kids, But based on the perception of how we were talk to, view ourselves and beat the world around us. Everybody said we ain't got no dady, instead of understanding the circumstances, you know what I mean. So I feel like it's kind of that with hip hop, but just understanding the circumstances a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Vince Stables Show is out now on Netflix. Thank you for coming, Vince. I appreciate you. Appreciate you. Brother. The Breakfast Club, Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ n V Jess Hilairischalla mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get to Jess with the message real just is gonna bring you numbers on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: You could have started.
Speaker 3: Stan size Eminem co producing documentary that investigates stands now that those are.
Speaker 5: People that are obsessed with celebrities.
Speaker 3: A variety reported that Shady Films Company is assisting and creating a documentary that will focus on the rise and intense fandom.
Speaker 1: When it comes to music.
Speaker 3: A recent example is like basically like remember the recent Nikki and Megan beef, Like the cemetery had to call for extra security of Meg the stewing his mother's grave during her beef with Nikki like something like that, or how like when oh my god, this is bad. But like remember when Michael Jackson he died, it was people committing suicide. It was like just all and then even before he died, like people would pass out and all that seeing him, you know, so how they standing.
Speaker 1: So it's a documentary surrounding that.
Speaker 2: Oh you can Taylor Swift, like remember I think you reported a week ago that Tailor Swift fan was outside his her house out in New York and they wrestling like eight times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone name got hives, like you named the Barbs, you name the Swiss, and no I know he was called he. I wonder how certain communities feel about that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, for those who don't remember, if the song set stand Eminem is the.
Speaker 5: Creator of that song, and let's read, let's play the song.
Speaker 1: Yea, I love the sas we could have been together. Think about it.
Speaker 13: You're ruined it now.
Speaker 1: I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it. And when you dream, I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it. I'm just God to speak to you when you can't read without me.
Speaker 3: So basically, it was a song about a crazed fan of Eminem. He was obsessed and like he killed his girlfriend, the baby, and himself. So basically, now that I'm old, I'm thinking, like Eminem Pride did this kind of stuff.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, okay, all right, Well he's a great storyteller because now me as an adult, actually believes that great idea for a show, great idea for a show, which was also actually it doesn't have it here. No, I don't know who's doing it, but it's actually in a fact, and it's it's gonna drop a couple of shows like this was pitched though before. Yeah, actually, Charlemagne actually pitched this show, a show like this ten years ago on December tenth, actually was the actual date.
Speaker 1: And they didn't they didn't pick it up. I didn't pick it up.
Speaker 3: But to the fact of that, that just means that you saw this way before, because social media then wasn't what it is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I know you probably pissed that now Eminem is doing it. Man, I just was, Yeah, she only know that because I wasn't a little mad when I saw it. He just showed her that I had pitched it.
Speaker 2: You know, That's what that's what tell people about this Rovie Charlamagne show her say you ain't got to say no, don't say nothing, just said.
Speaker 1: I and she said she hit me back. And I did that to her the other day with.
Speaker 2: Text me like wow, oh my god, this is not the place you wanted to share anything because it's going on there.
Speaker 1: Charlam i'mnayow no, I don't even say nothing. Else got to do? You know how he is. No, I'm not saying nothing, so don't show me nothing.
Speaker 3: So bow I was lean addiction led to issues in career in personal life. So we sat down with the Art of Dialogue and Sean was He spoke candidly about how sipping lean led to drama in his personal life.
Speaker 1: We have the audio for it.
Speaker 17: I was on Lean and I was sipping so much so up and I said this too, like right after, right after mc millan had died, I spoke on that I was drinking thatsh like crazy, like I'm telling you like it was times where I used to put up on Wayne, like the pop.
Speaker 19: Bottles video in New Orleans. I think we was doing something with shooting. I put up on Wayne. Wayne hit me up with what a little baby bottle of my own. I take this, go ahead, take this, bitch. Joe were pulling up foes deuces. I was losing my mind. I put that shit down back then, so never forget me and Crystals. On our tour, I was co headlined with Brown. The open night was in Cincinnati. When I got off the stage, I collapsed and I was like, what the fuck? And I wasn't straighting the Cincinnati University Hospital. I'm talking about My stomach was so I ended up going back home that Len after the first show.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: You could see when he was going through that because Lean makes you like puffy like it gives you, it makes you blowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely was real thick. There was a moment when he was looking like bow wow. Yeah wow. Absolutely. I didn't believe. I didn't believe.
Speaker 3: I mean I believe that. I never not believed that he was going through it. There's a lot of things I don't believe about bow Wow. But it is, you know, because he was lying a lot. But I did all always believe that he was on Lean. I mean then the way he just came out and said it, I was on Lean, man.
Speaker 1: But to the point of you know, like I said.
Speaker 3: After Magmalan died, After mag Millan died, you know, you would think when you see somebody overdose something like that, off of something like that, you would be like, oh man, I'm so messed up off that. Let me go do the same thing, or let me go try it, or let me go you know, it's other outlets in other ways. You know, you don't want to end up like that person. Then we lost that person too, you know, to that thing.
Speaker 2: So and I was gonna say that, that's that's one question I have, Like when you see somebody getting beat up or dying on these drug what makes you want to try it? Like you know, mac Milla, you know, died and a lot of people died for using drugs. What makes you say, you know what, they died, but let me try see if they're not any better?
Speaker 1: Like I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 6: There shouldn't be any new Yeah, absolutely, you see no new crackheads, right, heroin?
Speaker 1: Heroin right, you see what it does to people. So what makes you say that they died but I could beat it? Yeah, you know. And also with this, uh does his interview?
Speaker 3: Does is hope Wayne is not under any investigation because he said Wayne gave him a baby bottle of lane to soothe him. And then also Chris Brown, he spoke about how he collapsed open the night and it's like, Yo, don't drop nobody.
Speaker 1: This is not how you do it.
Speaker 13: Bow Wow.
Speaker 1: When I read it, I was like, wow, bow Wow.
Speaker 6: Maybe you need to drop their names. If they know, then they might look in the mirror. If they're still doing that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wayne been probably looking at the mirror for a long time, like nah, nah, just no, don't don't do it, yo. But I I just never been able to take boww serious and stories like this, But I can't. I do remember actually noticing something was wrong with him or whatever that ain't challenge r no real stuff. But remember when he had said that he had he was gonna commit suicide and that he jumped or he was like I'm gonna jump and he was saying he was gonna jump off the second story of his house.
Speaker 1: Remember that.
Speaker 5: And then you remember that.
Speaker 3: The internet please do y'all y'all job and find it. Remember, and they showed how high it was.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, he was just gonna break your ankle. He wasn't gonna die. This is when he was starving for attention, y'all. But I always had like.
Speaker 3: A love hate relationship with be like why would you do that? Why would you go and say that? But like he's always been attention craven. But a lot of times, yeah, he ain't never really like beef with me, beef with me, but he always just sighed on me, like, yo, come on.
Speaker 1: Be for me, like you were saying, bounce with me, bounce with I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's just the mess for the second hour, all right, thank you, Jess. I just want to send a birthday shout out to Chloe. She's a long time listener. She's thirteen years old. Her dad is in the car, so happy birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm borne ye. All right now, Charloane, you go. Donkey day coming out? Yes.
Speaker 6: For after the hour, a woman from Florida named Jaquila Mobley needs to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: She has disrespected her mother in the worst way and we will discuss.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Your execute on the Donkey of the Day. Is something to the old for you to read. He gave me donkey other day and I deserve that. You need to know. You need to tell them you have the boy. Tell them it's time for Donkey of the day.
Speaker 8: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at charlamagne.
Speaker 18: He wants charlamade.
Speaker 5: Damn Solomame who gives a dunky other day too?
Speaker 1: Now? Wow, donkey today.
Speaker 6: Sexy Red for Thursday, February fifteenth goes to a woman named Jaquila Mobley. Jaquielle is from Florida, Ladies and ghettlem And what does your uncle Shawla always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronxon all of Florida, and today is no exception. Now, Jequila has been arrested for battery, a misdemeanor, and booked into the Marion County Jail, where she is being held on twenty five hundred dollars bond. Okay, she is a woman who has multiple battery arrests but does not have any convictions. I actually have a lot of empathy for this woman because she told police she's been sleeping on the streets and the victim of her crime, which we will get too shortly, is a woman who happens to be her mother.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jequila's own mother is the victim. She's sixty four years old. Jequila is twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Her mother's name is Isla Johnson, and Isla said Jaquila has been drinking and using drugs and that when she does this, she becomes aggressive towards her. So her mother knows her better than anyone on this planet. And her mother is clearly saying she has a drug and alcohol problem. So there is a part of me that has a lot of empathy with Jequila. Jequilah, Okay, sleeping on the streets, dealing with drugs and alcohol with those reasons are the reason why she's getting donkey of to day. Number one, there is never a reason to do what she has done to her mother, okay. And number two is because of a word from the Bible, and that word is waste not, want not. And the thing that was wasted here was food. See, if you're sleeping on the street and you got a drug and alcohol addiction, the one thing you shouldn't waste is food. Food is one of the basic necessities for survival, along with clothing and shelter. Okay, those are signifying factors in determining a sustainable, healthy community. And if you're sleeping on the street and have a drug and alcohol addiction problem, you shouldn't be wasting food.
Speaker 1: Now, how did you kill them? Mobly waste food? She wasted food by doing to her mother what many a scorned woman has done to a man.
Speaker 6: Oh, we all have a story in our family of a woman who decided the weaponize some Quaker instant, some pearl milling, some Bob's Red mills, some palmetal farms from Charleston favorite stone ground.
Speaker 1: When I'm talking about ladies and gentlemen, it's grits, all right.
Speaker 6: The number one breakfast food in the history of America, South Carolina, the Low Country eight four to three. Argue with your mother, but don't argue with her the way Jaquilla did, and end up throwing hot grits on her the way Lisa did Carlos, simply because Medea told her too. Jess, have you ever heard of anybody getting hot grits thrown on him in real life?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not in real life?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I have you envy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, I definitely have. This is agregious. Okay, hot grits on your skin is torture, all right. I understand why women do it. The men they get mad, sat there, emotional. They might even be defending themselves in certain situations. But there's never a reason to put hot grits on your mother. Okay, grits goes with a lot of things, shrimp, trampled eggs, fried fish, but not your mother's skin. Now we have the President of the Fat Lives Matter Committee. Where's he at?
Speaker 1: He's walking in time? Boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 6: Big Mac, Big Mac iss here, Big Mac, Big macs here, Ronald applot for big Mac man.
Speaker 1: Jiggle jiggiggle jigger.
Speaker 6: If the President of the Fat Lives Matter Committee he finds this despicable mac, the floor is yours.
Speaker 7: First off, shout out to all the people that sound like they're breathing heavy but they really sleep and snoring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is upsetting to me.
Speaker 7: First off, we all know that our parents told us number one thing, don't play in my kitchen.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Food is a love language. It brings people together.
Speaker 7: If you beefing with your girl or whatever, the first thing you texted is you hungry, you want something to eat, and that fixes all the problem.
Speaker 1: That is true, get you into a better place.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So how can you be in the kitchen and this food cooking and you mad and you upset? I don't care what type of drugs or alcohol is being taken place. I know when I take drugs, that's when I'm the most hungry want to eat.
Speaker 1: So how could I be mad when this is going on? If I'm high and drunk, I'm waiting for that food.
Speaker 7: You know how upset I would be if I was in bedroom and I smell grits, bacon, eggs, and I come down.
Speaker 1: Might need to shut well. Listen, I was told bacon and all that was to far whole.
Speaker 7: But it's impossible to smell all that and then be in that in the same room, knowing you are minutes away from that, and then get into a fight. Yeah, and now you're not even just smelling like grits, because if they throwing on you, you know it got the butter, the salt, the pepper on it because and a little bit of cheese depending on where you are. But you wipe it off and lick it up I mean, first off, again, waste not one nice. Yes, I'm gonna lick it like Jesus.
Speaker 1: You're gonna probably look some of your skin off too. Well, you know what I mean. It's it's the body of Christ. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You know it's okay for you to look at little skin. Pause everybody did on Valentine's Day yesterday. You do not have a body of Christ. I have multiple bodies of prices. They say he embodies multiple people? Are multiple? Are the Holy Trinity?
Speaker 1: Amen? Amen?
Speaker 7: And this is Florida too, so you know that's like you said, you're from the South. So them grits, I know they were seasoned, right, that's right.
Speaker 1: So please give your quila movie the sweet Sounds of the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are day all the doggie all the day. Gee, maybe tequila in her season? Her grits wasn't that good? Oh you want to play a game playing game? Up kill?
Speaker 6: Guess what? Racing killing? Mobley of Florida threw hot grits on her mother.
Speaker 1: Because she was upset. Jaslaris, guess what? Racious?
Speaker 5: According to Celebry, she's black.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, dj vy Toquilla Mobley got mad at her mother and threw hot grits on her.
Speaker 1: And she's from Florida. Guess what racio is? Black calm damn.
Speaker 6: Big map to kill the Mobley from Florida got mad at her mother and threw hot grits on her.
Speaker 1: Guess what racious? See what the name of tequila? I'm sure she's just you. She's thinking about food and drinks. Max. I'm sure with a name like that, she's half blast, half Negro knees. Damn.
Speaker 6: It's just a clean sweep of blackness, y'all. Just I just think you quilla mobiley black hunh, all of y'all around. My god, you don't believe you showed me a picture Quia picture quila. There's no there's no white quila. There's no in jequila. There's no Latin ja quila. Okay, there's no, there's.
Speaker 13: Not no no. What is that?
Speaker 1: What was that guy? That is nig There's a difference, y'all know this brother handsome black. They stopped playing, Definitely. Jess was right.
Speaker 6: When you hear somebody get grit throwing on them, that is the top. Verry Tyler, parent, That's one of the blackest things you can do.
Speaker 1: Okay it is, but the whole.
Speaker 3: Review of like all of this, all this, all these fat comments. I really really do feel bad for Lize because for everything you just said. I just because everything you just said. This girl is in court for uh huh, and you came in here. Some shout out old people that breathe heavy, but you just sleep like and this.
Speaker 1: Girl is this hot. Career is on the line for things like.
Speaker 7: This because it's people like the man tell the right of me who body shame us.
Speaker 1: I don't shame nobody every time. I just make up to ves want.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna make you make noise. That's game hyping him up. They said he wanted that. Somebody was here as we said I want, I need, not killing kill because he part of the fellows matter to of us looked down. We don't know what she was wearing. That is not true. You know. Mike did stand up and say I put on the wrong sh.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Hey, j'all all right, thank you for that. Donk in to day when we come back. It's time for just fix my mess. If you have a relationship problems or any type of a problem, you can call Jess right now. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. Once again, just fix my mess. It's all about relationship problems and issues. If you're having problems, well Jess is gonna fix it for you.
Speaker 1: To call it now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. About me for relationship problems, at about me.
Speaker 3: If you need to beat your coworker's ass, at about me, for your coworker need to be your ass.
Speaker 1: Call it up. Thank doctor Jess, and I'm here to fix your mess. Fix your mess.
Speaker 5: It's giving very much messy.
Speaker 1: Let me fix that morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's dj Envy, Jess, Hilariy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for just fix my mess. We got Samantha on the line. Samantha, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Are you feeling I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 1: What's your question? Jagulation?
Speaker 5: Thanks you.
Speaker 20: So my question is this, like I just kind of wanted some insight, you know, when you kind of got your own stuff figured out, but you seld me like to make sure you're not bugging.
Speaker 11: Yes, So I've been not for ten years now, ever for fourteen I'll be thirty four in a few months, and I'm just feeling really I'm fulfilled in my marriage, like I feel myself going, I feel my relationship remaining stagnant, but I had to be kids, So I'm just like, should I stick it out for a little longer until my daughter's eighteen? I got six more years since you turn eighteen or and mind you, I forgot to add that leave a little craig face.
Speaker 20: So it's not that easy to leave anyways, like I tried before.
Speaker 3: So so so you're saying Jesus, So you're saying you're you're you feel stagnant in your marriage, You're thirty four, You've you said you're waiting for your brother to turn eighteen?
Speaker 11: No my daughter, So I'm like, should I just stick it out like six more years and remain unhappy?
Speaker 3: But it's like you're really yeah, because you're waiting for your baby to turn eighteen, because.
Speaker 8: I'm like, you don't have that.
Speaker 15: I feel like I want to raise my kids go over him.
Speaker 11: And stuff, So I'd rather be unhappy just so they could still happy. But like when I say I'm happy, like literally i'm fun as the aspect, Like I'm literally telling I'll be like okay done.
Speaker 3: So if you if you got six more years until your baby turns eighteen, so that that means your baby is twelve right now.
Speaker 1: Your your daughter.
Speaker 3: So what you do is you you don't teach her to be unhappy at anyone's expense, even her children.
Speaker 1: If it comes to love.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying. You sit her down and you you explain certain things to her. You know, is he he's a great father. I'm assuming correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 20: Yeah, then actually my husband, he don't think he's doing nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, well that's just differences.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying that, but you can't remain unhappy and miserable that that actually that causes like unhealthy mental like in your mental you're disrupting your peace, like you and that's what you need.
Speaker 1: You need that to even raise your kids. You get what I'm saying, And.
Speaker 20: I feel like it's not my life, like I'm living my life to everybody else.
Speaker 3: But that's where you go wrong because that's the same mistake that my mom made and has admitted.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't live your life for everyone else.
Speaker 6: You have to.
Speaker 3: And I know what kind of sounds crazy to say this, but you've been selfless for so long, it's okay to be a little selfish because you need to protect you. You get what I'm saying, Like, no, it's a way to do everything. If you do it the right way, which is just communication, then that will be better. You know, you need to sit your kids down first, down first, sit down with your husband, tell them how unhappy you are, and you'll have to figure out a way to move amicably that may not be like in his best interest in a divorce counseling. Do you feel like counseling could have you know?
Speaker 1: Or do you just want to leave it?
Speaker 20: I tried a lie. I tried to leave though, and he actually followed me to New York, like literally found me how to stick. He stole my car, like tried to get every topic to get me to come back. I came back and still no changes. Like, so I have tried and put in the effort.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is the he stole your car, Yes, Jesus.
Speaker 20: It's not even such an easy pass.
Speaker 14: So that's the kids start.
Speaker 13: But he is so.
Speaker 1: So now that's a bigger problem.
Speaker 3: You're doing things like so now you're saying he has attachment issues, obviously, I mean he won't even let you rea.
Speaker 1: He followed you to New York. I understand loving somebody, but he followed you to New York, he stole your car.
Speaker 3: All that, that's that's all an invasion. That's an invasion of prophecy. I understand, like I said, being in love with all of that, but that's like dangerous and and that's you're not protecting your peace.
Speaker 1: You actually like like kind of sort of danger of that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you definitely honestly should sit down with your kids and have a conversation with them and just let them know. Sometimes it won't work. People won't stay together forever. Sometimes it does happen, but sometimes you don't. And don't wait six more years, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Just explain to get you to keep an open line of communication with them, and that's it. But but you need but to effectively leave him, You're gonna have to get some type of law involved with that.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry to tell you that that's just what that.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So I'm just so happy that I actually my call got insto, like, wow, you're.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, but I really really want you to be serious about that though. I want you to be serious about that. Put you first. Definitely, your kids, like you know what I'm saying. They're very important, but you have to be in the right state of mind to even raise them right and to show them what a healthy woman is outside of the healthy uh family, healthy tradition, know what it is, No, a healthy woman. My mom was a healthy woman, and that's why we are the way we are.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying. I see those type of things.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because it's like even if you're a because clearly see the unhappiness, even if everything will go together, we.
Speaker 20: All together in the household, if I'm not happy, they definite they said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so you need a crisis hotline, and I would like for you to like do that. Nah for Realna stole your car. You're like, no, You're never gonna leave me. If it sounds like it's on the verge of if I can't have you, nobody will. So you need to get and like get some help, get somebody else involved with that.
Speaker 6: Crime stoppers still got a noble Okay, yeah, hundred crimestoppers one hundred crime stoppers.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I tried that in New York.
Speaker 12: Okay, you're married, so you know it's okay to sell my car, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nine eighty Crisis Hotline all that you Yeah, you sound pretty much in danger, so do that?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 20: Well y'all have a great thing.
Speaker 1: Thank you money you too? All right? Just fix my mess.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eighty five I won on five one caller. Now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, by it's a real deal.
Speaker 3: Got me, Oh my god, I'm all up in your mask. I'm gonna fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it.
Speaker 1: Just gonna fix your mask because my advice is real.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody at CEJ n V, Jess, Hilarry, Charlamagne, the Guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. We got Brooklyn on the line. Brooklyn, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh you sounds so damn? What's wrong? What's your question?
Speaker 8: Just ho need help?
Speaker 20: I need help?
Speaker 1: What's wrong?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 12: So pretty much I've been dating my I've been in this girl for thirteen years pretty much, well on thirteen years.
Speaker 20: She was my side, right and like I finally decided to become my mania.
Speaker 12: And for like six months we've been girlfriends and put a title on it, and like literally last week she broke over me. The reason why she broke over me was because she said the closer that she's drawing to Jesus, you know how she don't want to live this lifestyle anymore, and doing about to cry she won't have this lifestyle anymore, and she uh the closer she get to God.
Speaker 3: She just feel like, you know, she want to be straight pretty much man, and she don't want to be what you call the aside because she don't want to be a siding to go all main no more.
Speaker 1: She wants to be right, a woman of God. But she was good.
Speaker 12: She was very, very good at being a siding because a relationship that was then she was always there. You know, I'm saying she was always there. She was perfect, you know. But then she was like, you know, since you're not digging other people no more, or let's just go ahead and make it a thing.
Speaker 20: I'm like, I don't know, you know.
Speaker 12: It was really good at sided people.
Speaker 15: But then I was like, all right, you know, I do love you.
Speaker 12: I thought I got to them say whatever, so let's go ahead and put the title on it. As soon as we do that. You want to sit up here talking about the.
Speaker 4: Cootes you draw to Jesus, you want to go straight.
Speaker 12: But yesterday, you know I said lonely. You know I got the donkey other day for being the toxics. You know what I'm saying yesterday?
Speaker 8: Oh man?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, So okay, so you know it's money about this. Actually, nothing's funny about this because you're actually about the cry. But what's interesting about this is that we have people like that will criticize you for saying, like.
Speaker 1: Straight people turning gay, But it's the problem.
Speaker 3: You're seeming like you're making it a problem that she wants to go from gay to being straight. It's okay to turn back, you know what I mean. I mean just because you're still over there gay, don't mean that you know.
Speaker 12: She's I don't judge her for she's coming. You know I'm behind her. My thing is why you had to wait till you become mainstream with me to go ahead and want to go back.
Speaker 3: But listen, to be honest with you, you do sound a bit selfish. You This girl was playing aside for a minute. You said, not only for one situation, for a bunch of situations.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: But that's what she wanted to do.
Speaker 12: She was comfortable there.
Speaker 5: No, listen, you don't know what she wanted to do. She always wanted to be I do.
Speaker 7: I do know what.
Speaker 1: She always wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Amazed she has waited her turn until she got to be your main. So if I got to play the side, But however many situations I'm gonna do that. You know that happens not even only in gay relations.
Speaker 12: So for like three of them, you know, I was playing inside too.
Speaker 6: I was even a cousin.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: I was even a cousin to I came in when I came to see her, I was her cousin, and you know I slept in against room like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So y'all both playing play have played a lot of games to end up with each other. And what you see is that don't lead up to anything that lasts. You get what I'm saying. Now she's on her way to God. You're still back here trying to figure it out, you know what I mean, trying to understand why what happened yesterday, dounky to day was it was a deeper meaning to it though, it was you, what accountability are you taking for this?
Speaker 12: That's what I felt that he was sucking my whole like I felt it.
Speaker 3: Like, So, now you work on you, don't worry about her. See she already started obviously working on her. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Your last man asks me, I'm okay, but I asked for my iPad and she didn't even take me that.
Speaker 15: She left me already.
Speaker 1: Well, she uses she probably need it right now, but she asked you. Are you okay? Because she's a good person and she actually care about you. She's she don't she care about you?
Speaker 3: You need to You need to do some work on yourself. Honestly, I do. You're right, and I love that you are receiving that. You know what I mean, because you you still hurt, and it's okay. It's okay to be hurt. You don't got to act unbothered. You don't got to act like you're not. But you gotta do work on yourself, bull That's that's all. And that whether that puts you in a better position to date later like that or not, or don't date for a long time, whether you turn to God, whether you whatever it is for you, you need to figure out what feeds you love on yourself.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, but that's all.
Speaker 3: Just just just be alone for a little bit. And and being alone does not I mean your lonely. Just be alone for a little bit. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, no problem.
Speaker 6: I have a go on Brooklyn as a community. We don't talk enough about these savage ass studs. Man like, like, toxic studliness is a real thing, don't you think so? They want to have all these common things about toxic masculinity. Toxic studliness is a real thing. Yeah, she mad because that woman because God told that woman she got to change her diet.
Speaker 1: If she don't want to take that, she don't want to eat poom poom no more. She don't want to eat poom poom no more. Let her go.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just funny, like somebody be like, oh, you can't tell that person out to be gay, but now you're telling her she can't be straight, Like you got not telling she can't, but now she wants to sit up there and she want to be straight. It can't go both ways, that's right. It can't happen the other way around, you know. So, but I think she got it. You know, she definitely sounds like she needs to because she's more defensive than anything because she hurt, so she just gotta work hard.
Speaker 4: So all right, eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Now we got Ess with the mess coming up with talking about Lord, I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't know right now, Okay, I got that that those.
Speaker 1: Stories was heavy. The toxic studg will throw you off the.
Speaker 6: Toxic studden man, y'all all, y'all, toxic stud go do some work on yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get to Jess with the mess now. The lids gonna do is gonna bring the numbers.
Speaker 3: Club.
Speaker 1: You know what you want to talk about?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 3: I do before we get the Rachel, I think this needs immediate attention. So Vory threatens to kill girlfriend. Vory is an artist who was a dream chaser before this actually came out. His girlfriend alleged that he is abusive and released footage of him threatening to killer.
Speaker 1: Well, Ludia came from that move your phone, from that howard lyterally that you're killed feel real? So she said, yeah.
Speaker 3: So she said he tries to paint her as a whole and a bad person when he's really the bad person.
Speaker 1: She also revealed that she has more footage.
Speaker 3: She says, stop playing in my face before I posted videos, So you punching me in my face, spitting on me, threatening to kill me while I'm pregnant. I have all those videos show people who you really are. This man is a professional liar and the manipulator and a narcissist. And this is not even something though the footage was recorded by her, but this is from home cameras, so you can literally see, Yo, why would you do this?
Speaker 5: And you have home cameras in your house. She's not recording. She's like, these are cameras in their homes, so that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: When Meek mil came across the allegations, he announced that he is distancing himself from Vori, and he said, this guy is not a dream chaser. He has mental problems. We cut size. We don't care about how your music sound. He'd been ducking my calls for months, telling people I'm threatening him. I stopped a lot of people. Dude, he is not a dream chaser. So that relationship is done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'm sure that situation isn't just gonna go to social media. It's gonna go to authoritists.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and for people that don't know who Vori is because he's not a popular artist for his own music, he's known to He wrote for Meek Mill, of course, and when I mean wrote for me.
Speaker 1: He could date Hooks, Kanye.
Speaker 4: West, Drake, Dirk Right, The Little Baby, Post Malone, Mariah Carry, and host others.
Speaker 3: So yep, Rachel dolaz are fired after people find her only fans.
Speaker 1: So Rachel Dolazol is not Rachel doleaz On.
Speaker 3: The more she changed her name to Encatchi Diallo imagine allegedly, Yeah that's no.
Speaker 1: I said legend. Oh I thought you said a legend. H yeah yeah, legend. Yes, yes, just a little backstory.
Speaker 3: She's the NAACP Washington chapter president who got fired. She she was.
Speaker 1: She got fired for pretending to be black.
Speaker 3: She's transracial, yes, transracial, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: She was an after school instructor.
Speaker 3: She got paid nineteen dollars an hour and she works with students from kindergarten up to fifth grade. She was hired and this is crazy because her contract she was hired last year in August, and the contract was only supposed to go up to May twenty twenty four. But she she goes by different names, so people wouldn't know who she was. Obviously she ain't making enough and that's why she got the only fans yeah yeah, and Rachel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She teaches in Arizona, and the media reached out to the school to say, hey, this is Rachel doles All.
Speaker 1: Yeah, snitched on her man.
Speaker 3: And then when they showed the school the footage, they they said, oh, yeah, we she an't work here no more.
Speaker 1: So now you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: This is now she's fired from there, but she can't get fired from only fans.
Speaker 1: So and catchy, keep.
Speaker 6: Doing your thing, pay the teachers more, and Rachel wouldn't have to do things like this. And every time I hear stories about Rachel Doja, she's doing something of real service, whether it's work at the NAACP, whether it's being a teacher, whether it's reasonable prices to see the cheeks on OnlyFans a month. I was looking at it in the paper this morning, ninety nine a month. Rachel was always being the service. But it it's kind of crazy. Yeah, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: It is kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: It's being reported that the school just learned about her only fans accounting she's no longer employed there. I'm so mad about that though, because like you said, if they pay up more than that would be yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also another thing I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: It's elementary school, those kids and listen, whatever if it was high school, Okay, I get it, because they're very aware of what a student would have probably found it for the media contact of the school. But these are children, so it's their parents that's looking at and this is Miss dolas A, not Miss Diallo, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And just people hating on her that are mad at her because she's trans now trans she's transracial. That translation is trans do things that she does not have to do. It's no thing. There's no such thing as transracial, but it's such thing as transgiend that is, you know what I'm saying. How can it be enough? Let people that's right.
Speaker 13: Saying.
Speaker 1: Let that be what she want to be. If you want to identify black, she can identify. You can't pick and choose when you want to be black, man, Why can't you let her be?
Speaker 3: Okay, better, let's so that her name allegedly boy, all right, let's get out of here. People's chase mixed up next to breakfast slogan morning.
Speaker 1: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: More everybody is DJ V Jesse, Larrie Schallomina Die we are the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 1: Is Black History Month?
Speaker 13: What we doing?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 6: Man, I gotta be dot every day during a Black History Month. He puts you out a podcast called that I Didn't Know Maybe you didn't either? Podcast, And today he's introducing you to one of history's unsung heroes, mister Robert Smalls.
Speaker 9: On today's episode, if I didn't know, maybe you didn't either, I introduce you to one of my favorite characters in history. His name is Robert Small's or is I like to call him Robie Small's. So when it came to freedom, my boy was ready to die. Like so many other enslaved people, Robert Small's too, was haunted with the idea that his family, his wife Hannah, their four year old daughter Elizabeth, and their infant son, Robert Jr.
Speaker 1: Would one day be sold.
Speaker 9: Families, once sold and separated, usually never found their ways back to one another. The only way that Robert Smalls could ensure that his family stayed together was escape. But trying to escape by yourself was difficult at the task of a family and an infant damn near impossible. So as darkness fell over the city of Charleston, South Carolina, in the early hours of May thirteenth, eighteen fifty two, where doctor stood the Planter, a Confederate steamer. But Robbie Smalls knew that in a few hours his family would be free from slavery or they would certainly see death. Their future depended solely on his plan, and his plan was simple. While the captain and his men were on land, sharing the beds with their wives, he would imitate the captain, jack the Planner and link up with the fleet of unionships that was anchored right outside the Charleston Harbor. It was just ten miles south. Boy, that's the simplest getting young thug out of jail. So in the early hours of the morning May thirteenth, eighteen sixty two, Robbie Smalls or ordered the steamer to leave.
Speaker 1: The crew raised two flags.
Speaker 9: The first was the official Confederate flag known as the Stars and Bars, the other South Carolina's blue and white flag. Both helped them maintain the cover that this was a Confederate ship. It was a Confederate guard fifty yards away. He just assumed that the officers were in command like usual and let him roll. Next stop, North Atlantic Wharf. Had to go pick up the family. Remember, they got a backtrack. No trouble approaching the pier there. Now we got to double back and get past Fort Sumter. Fort Sumter was super intimidating. This joint had fifty foot.
Speaker 1: Walls above the water.
Speaker 9: They approached Fort Sumter around four point fifteen am, terrifying. The women and kids are crying, praying. Robbie Small's hat on Captain Rayaz's straw hat, and he pulled the whistle cord two long blows and a short one. That was the Confederate signal, and it was required to pass. The Confederate soldier yelled out to the planner, blow them Yankees the hell, or bring one on me, and Robbie Smalls just stayed in character and replied, ay, ay, and he was allowed to pass. Now the crew gotta rush and take these stupid Confederate flags down so the Union soldiers don't blow us out the waters. You did what I'm saying, And now we got to raise his white blanket so we can say were surrendering. Man the joy when Robert Small's and his family and friends feet touched the floorboards of the Onward. The Onward was the Unionship, and they had realized in that moment they were free. Robert Smalls just stood in front of his family and friends and spoke triumphantly to the captain of the Onward, Good morning, sir, I's brought you some of the old United States guns, Sir. They was for force something to sir Robbie, Robbie, Robbie, can't you see how this story just hypnotized me and I just love your confident and demeanor.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either. I didn't know. I absolute to be that that's right, and make sure you subscribed. I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 6: On the Black Effect, iHeartRadio Podcast Network, available every where you listen to podcasts and subscribe to just hilarious, carefully reckless. On the Black Effect, iHeart Radio Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Don't be balling enough paper while you giving me a shout out. Don't do that because everything goes into the mic. Don't be saying oh, and subscribe to please that nobody else?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: When we come back positive Notice the Breakfast Club, good morning Warning, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's j n V.
Speaker 2: Justs hilarious, charlamage and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club now you see. People Magazine just released in a statement saying that Usher said he proposed to Chili back in the day, that Chili told him no, and he said that the split broke his heart.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's who Ruin is about. Ruin the song on a new album, the one that I love. Maybe because you ruined me for everybody.
Speaker 1: That's what he's saying. Maybe she saying that, yeah, wow, yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that she said no.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she'll be releasing a statement about that. All right, real quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: So y'all know I turned thirty two and I had a birthday party last year. I'm pregnant, but that don't mean I can't party. So see I Double A Takeover is in Baltimore. Shout out to my city. I'm gonna do my big birthday bash there and it will be Mark second. It's gonna be during the pisty season, So we're doing that.
Speaker 1: We're doing that. The party is from eight to twelve. The tickets.
Speaker 3: For you to get tickets, the link will be in my bio today. It's gonna be hosted by Dave Kowser and it's gonna be at the Baltimore Peninsula, y'all. That's twenty four to fifty five House Street. So we on some on some classy, some classy stuff, all right. I can't be having no fights and no, no no crazy stuff around this belly from Baltimore. No, that's not what I said. That's not what I said. So Crown the Queen Party. That's the theme. Crown the Queen that's Saturday, right, that is yep, Saturday, March second, from eight to twelve. Get your early birth ticket, it's in my bio.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, well it's time for the positive note. You got a positive note, I do, man.
Speaker 6: The positive note is simply this. Nothing that's for you will require you to act out of character to get it. Always remember that absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, breakfast club bitches. You y'all finished or y'all done