Speaker 1: When you talk about the most uncomfortable feelings in the world. Yeah, there's sitting on a wet toilet seat, waking up five minutes before your morning alarm goes.
Speaker 2: Off, and then playing this game. It's broken Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning and it's been a while, So we have to dive right back into the game that we all fear the very most, called plead the fifth.
Speaker 3: Oh God, Oh.
Speaker 1: And you hear the reaction from the people in studio. They're not lying if you're not familiar. This is where we go around the room and get asked a series of very uncomfortable questions. Sometimes they're scandalous or just flat out embarrassing.
Speaker 4: I would say humiliating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're questions that would force us to reveal things about our personal lives that we normally wouldn't share in normal conversations with each other.
Speaker 5: And that's even us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a normal person would never utter these things. Every would take it to their grave totally.
Speaker 1: And the rule is each person only gets to plead the fifth and not answer a question one time.
Speaker 4: God, So when do you use it right?
Speaker 2: That's the question.
Speaker 1: After that you have to answer the rest completely truthfully, and because we're fresh off of Valentines. All of today's questions, I am horrified to admit, are going to be romantically themed. So these could be about previous relationships, crushes, dates that we've gone on. Oh man, anything romantic is on the table. So let's get right to the shameful stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like my skin starts to crawl. I get like, Okay, I'm ready. Let's go, Jeff, let's do.
Speaker 1: This first round of plead the fifth Valentine's Edition Digital. Jake, you're the one that has all the questions, so go ahead and take it away.
Speaker 6: We'll start with Brooke Fox. Ye goodness, Brook, you have a long history of offerspratternizing office.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you guys offered. I heard frats and I was like that too. It's been there, Brooke.
Speaker 6: Give us the first and last name of the most recent promo kid you hooked up with, Oh.
Speaker 1: Most recent, because there have been several, or you could plead the fifth.
Speaker 2: Do you remember who the last was?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, you guys so long ago. It was before your marriage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was definitely, thank you while and were it wasn't only forty years was hard to remember?
Speaker 2: Really, what are you.
Speaker 1: Gonna name the guy you don't remember.
Speaker 2: She remembers where did he listen? Well, then he already knows. That's not going to be a shock to him. That would be bad. That would be bad if he didn't even know that.
Speaker 5: You don't like to tell people here in the radio you'd like to call you out for sleeping with them.
Speaker 2: But he's like, don't give me that reputation.
Speaker 7: It's one thing.
Speaker 4: Does she are my information? Like if you wanted me to say I hooked up with the promo kid before, yeah, sure, okay, yeah, I mean I like to say promo man, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: I don't think I could think I could share his information.
Speaker 2: You're going to plead the fifth on the first question. There is some bad blood. O my god, Sorry.
Speaker 1: Jared, She's pleading the.
Speaker 2: Rest of the game. Now Brook has to answer anything. That's the rule God, So we'll move on next question.
Speaker 6: We're going all the way back around the room, back to Brook again. You cannot.
Speaker 8: Name your next question, my good tell us your most embarrassing college hookup story, and you cannot plead.
Speaker 1: The f.
Speaker 4: I have to, and I think the one that made me made me most uncomfortable still to this day. Like, I don't know if I'd have ever shared this with you guys, but there was this guy that I had the biggest crush on, and finally he was in a frat and I was in his bedroom and we were finally like making out, and I was like, yes, this is happening.
Speaker 2: And so I was getting maybe.
Speaker 4: More ahead of him than he was there. So like I somehow I ended up just totally naked in his bed.
Speaker 1: Was just by your own doing?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I'm thinking that he's doing the same thing. Oh no.
Speaker 2: He then suddenly flips on the light.
Speaker 9: Oh, and he's fully clothed, and he grabs Harry Potter the book and he asks me if I want to read it with him?
Speaker 2: No, that is so god.
Speaker 7: He booms in front of his face and he chows, Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: Let me do something that actually turns me on. Chapter Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 9: If I should get up and put my clothes back on, or if I like try to act cool?
Speaker 2: What did you do? I just laid there, totally covers up.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Well, he read Harry Potter out loud.
Speaker 7: Nothing else happened the rest of the night. I was gonna say, please, don't tell me that was like your first time.
Speaker 4: I waited for him to go to the bathroom and I put my clothes on, and I said, well, I'm gonna go now.
Speaker 1: Oh, and now you're reading Harry Potter with your kids.
Speaker 9: That is honestly the reason I never read it when it first came out, so traumatized.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, if you're just tuning in, we're playing a game called Plead the Fifth Valentine's Edition, where we're all asked the series of very personal, revealing questions about our love lives. We can only plead the fifth on one of them. Brooke the fifth the first time, so that's story hand to come out. You have to answer the rest truthfully. Now we're on to the next person.
Speaker 2: Who is it, Jake.
Speaker 6: We're up to Alexis. Alexis, what is the most manipulative thing you've ever done to get yourself a date? A d or you could plead the fifth?
Speaker 4: Oh, don't even say, like, I don't have to do anything, Just come to manipulative.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fine. Desperate. What's the most desperate thing you ever dated to get yourself?
Speaker 5: Well, in college, I plan on breaking up with the guy anyways, because I liked someone else. So I got like two birds one stone, you know, So like the guy I had a crush on. I know where he lived, and I know he always had his apartment window open because he'd like talked about it.
Speaker 2: So I stopped it.
Speaker 5: I didn't stop him. I decided I was breaking up with the guy over the phone, so I thought, why not take a walk while I break up with him on the phone outside the open window the middle the crushes the apartment, so the crush would hear that you So he's up in his room with the apartment window happens to be open while I'm below there breaking up with the guy on the phone.
Speaker 2: How loudly were you talking?
Speaker 9: He listened to me.
Speaker 5: How loud do I talk?
Speaker 2: Already?
Speaker 5: You don't have to go before he's a second story. And then I broke up with one, and then sure enough I got a text.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, we're totally broken up and it sucks, as I really wish someone would kiss me. Right, gentlemen, leave your windows open if you're home, walks by you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Brook's down, Alexis is down, and that leaves just two people, Jose and I. We need to spill the truth no matter how much it hurts.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it. When we come back for more.
Speaker 1: Plead the Fifth Valentine's Edition, We're gonna play a song and continue right.
Speaker 3: After this, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, We're in the middle of Plead the Fifth Valentine's Week edition, where all the hosts have to answer difficult personal questions about ourselves.
Speaker 4: And I do not appreciate the text message questions that are coming in right now.
Speaker 2: I do they are go after Brook?
Speaker 1: All you are yes, because we each have to answer all these questions and be completely, one hundred percent truthful about our previous relationships, crushes, and romantic dalliances. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing this? Because our producers forcing us, That's why.
Speaker 1: And I'm worried because Jose and I have not gone yet from Brooke and Alexis. It's already been pretty awkward, but we have to continue. So Jake, Oh my god, who's up next?
Speaker 2: Jose, step up to the microphone of truth.
Speaker 6: Okay, Jose, what's the most romantic thing you've ever done for a woman?
Speaker 2: But it ended up being cringey?
Speaker 4: Oh, so this is interesting. To me because I don't feel like you ever think your romantic gestures are cringey.
Speaker 7: No, not okay, so not now, but my whole life, since I was a child, I was romantic, okay.
Speaker 2: And so I.
Speaker 7: Was mister writing Valentine's for the girls in grades school. I like romantic gestures, which is what leads me to this one.
Speaker 2: So there is a cringe.
Speaker 7: There is a moment because you know you're taking of romantic things to do.
Speaker 2: I am going to tell you it's been long enough.
Speaker 1: And I don't even.
Speaker 2: Remember who what the girl's name is, okay.
Speaker 7: So it was like fifth grade maybe okay, And I had a big crush on this girl, and I was like, tomorrow at school, I'm going to wow her. I'm going to memorize this whole love song every verse.
Speaker 2: It was from my mom's.
Speaker 7: Oldies album and it was called Dizzy. If anybody knows Dizzy, my head is spin and yeah, it's like it's very very, very very very old anyway, So I was like, I'm gonna sing her, well, I don't know, I guess I'm going to sing her Dizzy tomorrow during class when I see her, and she's going to fall in love with me.
Speaker 2: Well, I forgot.
Speaker 7: I went to a school where we would switch different days, different classes, So that day was pe I had with her and we had to run the mile that day. But I wasn't given up, guys, because I'm just a romantic, So I seriously thought it was a good idea. She's power walking with her friend and I'm literally behind her, singing every word.
Speaker 2: Every just like world you girl making spends.
Speaker 7: And she turned around like three or four times, and me looking back obviously giving me the death there, like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: She's with her friend. They're trying to escape me, but we're on a track, so I'm.
Speaker 7: Just following her for a mile behind her, and and I was just like, what does she love me?
Speaker 4: Or like your first girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like.
Speaker 6: Four?
Speaker 2: I'm always trying you. You're just tuning in.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of Valentine Wednesday edition. I'm the last person to go, so, uh, Jake, it's my turn. What do you got from me here?
Speaker 2: Jeffrey?
Speaker 6: Okay, in your time here, have you ever had a crush on somebody who worked on the show.
Speaker 4: That's interested? Oh my god, yes, just the way you laugh.
Speaker 1: The girls, I should I need to plead, I should plead the fifth year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, but okay, now you're filming. Of course. So when I first started working on the.
Speaker 1: Show here, over a decade ago, mind you, I had a.
Speaker 2: Mini crush, very mini.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a micro crush.
Speaker 3: It's big.
Speaker 2: On Brook a little bit. I never before. I've never did it before. I've never look at the time. Keep in your mind, I'm a yarn buck fresh out of college.
Speaker 3: Just like I liked.
Speaker 2: Has this reputation with the promo kids. I was part time promo kids.
Speaker 6: He has this.
Speaker 2: Laid back, care free attitude. Okay, everybody calm down.
Speaker 1: And she met my minimum threshold of attractiveness, which was admittedly very low at the time.
Speaker 4: Now for her hair, I swear to God all my life, I would not think in a trillion years.
Speaker 2: You say that I thought it was somebody else. I've never wanted to admit that. Does it feel good?
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel don't.
Speaker 2: I was in a low point in my life at the time.
Speaker 1: Brook, I was fresh out of college, said missing my party days.
Speaker 2: That's what she got her husband. So you're lucky. Okay, well there good. You know, a different world, it could have worked out. I'm glad it didn't. You guys could have a shower, spend time together. Yeah, it don't look too much. That's not that sweet. It's kind of sad.
Speaker 1: Now from now on, you just ruined the up this segment.
Speaker 2: That was yeah, actually, move on to.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: I should have pleaded the fifth.
Speaker 1: Now that was Valentine's That was plead the fifth Valentine's Edition. You can find it if you actually want to hear any of this crack again.
Speaker 2: We're going to put it.
Speaker 4: Play it outside in the office.
Speaker 1: It's on the Brook and Jeffrey podcast if you want to, or you can watch the surprise video that Jake started taking in the middle of the segment, which I'm sure he's going to post on our socials have Brook and Jeffrey if you see a bunch of red faces, because thanks a lot, Jake.
Speaker 2: Now my life is over.
Speaker 3: It's freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Texting to seventy eighty five nine two says, Hey, that's my wife you're talking about. Do you think this is going to make things more tense for you around the Fox household?
Speaker 4: Now, look, I don't mean this as an insult, Jeffrey, but I don't think he's worried.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, I just I know the question was asked to me, it was not asked to you if you ever had a crush on somebody, But I feel like the answer would have been slightly similar.
Speaker 2: I mean, mine was a mini crush.
Speaker 1: Whereas yours was a full blown obsession with the hunky young man who dressed as a half naked Viking for Halloween.
Speaker 4: Was that's cute?
Speaker 2: No, that's why she not really?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you've always been a really nice guy, sweet guy, you see if.
Speaker 1: You read in between the lines, Yes, he's trying really hard.
Speaker 4: To doubt you're bad. I wish, I know, reciprocate, but I just can't.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, I know you can't even talk round. Look at ready.
Speaker 1: If you miss it, you go check out the video of.
Speaker 2: Our Valentine's Day week edition on our Instagram and our YouTube. It's Brook, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.