Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all at all.
Speaker 2: Don't given them.
Speaker 3: Black the Millican bu busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to to.
Speaker 5: I don't Joy, Yah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Joy, you don't do that.
Speaker 6: You love you.
Speaker 2: Turn I can't.
Speaker 7: You got to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn the mouth out, turn a w the water up.
Speaker 1: Come come on, you'll think.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey, I got a radio show. Me just trying to give God some back, just some back of what even gave me, just a portion, you know.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just trying, man.
Speaker 3: To to show some type of gratitude for all his blessings. I'm just trying to, man, just just get it right sometimes, you know what I mean. I mean, man, you just can't do what you want to do and just live wrong all the time. And you gotta at one point in time, Steve, come home. Man, come on, man, you could do better. I know you can, you know saying, and you know what I had to do. I had to stop saying, I'm gonna try to do better and I just had to say, hey, man, I'm going to do better. You know, trying is just to put forth in effing and then if it don't work, well okay. But if you make up in your mind that I'm going to do something, then trying isn't enough. It's getting it done is the only thing that matters. See, it's the difference between doing and trying. We're gonna try to win the game, or we're gonna go out here to win the game. Now, trying to win the game means that you could lose. But when you got in your mind made up, most athletes will tell you that they go out there with the full intent and purpose of winning and winning only see they don't put the second place finish on the cover Sports Illustrated. Second place don't get you there. You you got to win. And now take it out of the scope of athletics, but keep it in that type of analogy. In life, man, you just want to you want to win in life, don't you. I mean, at the end of the day, don't you want to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated In life?
Speaker 1: Don't you want to be recognized for your hard work?
Speaker 3: Don't you want you know, to be recognized within the bonus structure down at your job. Don't you want to have your plaque up on the wall down at your job? I mean most people do. Some people could care less. Some people don't care about looking good or being their best. And that's cool. But I ain't talking to them though. I'm talking to you. I'm talking to those of you who want to be the best you can be. You know, people kill me when they getting mad at people and he Brown knows and he all up on the employee of the month man, the dude doing his job to the best of his ability, and he getting recognized for it.
Speaker 1: What they got to do with all that you talking about? Because you ain't up there.
Speaker 3: There's amazing, man, how people describe other people's success. He's so lucky lucky? Hey man, do they kind of get you a little bit when people call you lucky? Well, let me tell you what luck really is, y'all. Lucky is when hard work bumps up into opportunity.
Speaker 1: Some people call that luck. But hold on, let's think about this.
Speaker 3: If you wasn't working hard, an opportunity presented itself, what would you call that? But see, when you've been working hard and opportunity presents itself and it bumps up into each other. Now people want to call that luck, but hold up, he got to park though to day, ain't paying no attention to Yeah, that opportunity came by, But if you had not been working hard, and the hard work had not ran up in the opportunity, what would you have?
Speaker 1: No, sir, it's not luck, it's work.
Speaker 3: It is work, because there's a scripture that said faith without works is dead. But my mama was a Sunday school teacher. She taught me enough. Though Now I know difference between right and wrong, just like you do. You ain't got to you know, it kills me when people write a strawberry letter?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong for this? You know?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 1: Well, look at listen read your letter? Are you wrong for this? You know you're wrong? What you don't need else to.
Speaker 3: Be telling you know? But I'm gonna do this anyway. Well, el see, go ahead, though, do what you want to do. But you know what, y'all, here's the best advice I can give you. And this is what I really came to talk about this morning, but I got sidetracked because I listened. Get out of your own way. So many of us are blocking our home blessings. We just in our own way. We are in our own way. And one of the most dangerous ways you can get in your way is to do it your way, to get it figured your way, and to lock in on your way.
Speaker 1: And this the way it's.
Speaker 3: Got to go. Do you know how many people are blocking their blessing? Do you know how long I block mind? With that mindset right there? Look, because this the way you do it, You think that makes it the right way? You think jazz because you do the thought on it long and hard, and that's what you really want.
Speaker 1: Do you really think that your way is the right way or could that be a better way? See?
Speaker 3: Until I started listening to God and started paying attention to his way, man, I was spinning my wheels. Man, I was out here so determined this how I was gonna do it. But you know I had to learn how to get out of my own way because just because I could do it my way didn't mean it was the right way. I had to get out of my own way. Just get out your way, man, Now, what what does that mean? That means see, set your goals, that means have your dreams.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, set your goals. Man, I ain't saying don't set goals. Listen to me.
Speaker 3: Set your goals. What is it you want to happen? What is it you like to have? What is it you like to be? What do you aspire to? Set your goals and set your dreams. Now, take your goals and your dreams to God and ask God to show you how. Man, you can save yourself a lot of pain. Listen to somebody who did it his way for so long.
Speaker 1: And when I.
Speaker 3: Finally got out of my way, out of my own way. When you've heard old people say, let go and let God, you've heard them say that I didn't. I didn't get it, but I got it. Now let go and let God. And it's amazing little saying. Though now you know you may not get it now. It took me a bunch of years to get it too. But when I took my goals and my dreams and my vision to God and I said, God, this is what I hope for, this is what I aspired to, this is what I want to be, this is why I would love to get to. Then I said, help me show me how. Point me in the right direction, let me follow your footsteps, guide me and give me a spirit of discernment. Show me who wrong because I meet people every day. Ain't up to no good with me every single day. Oh man, Man, I can't believe I wonna been to you. Man, the Lord told me something was gonna happen to me today. Well, see, I talk to him every day. He did not mention you to me. He ain't said nothing to me. He didn't tell me what was gonna happen mine. Now I don't mean it can't happen because I'm open to it. So really, man, I'm p and please know I'm listening as well as I've ever listened before. But get yourself together though, see know your goals and your and then let God show you how to do it.
Speaker 1: He'll do it. You know.
Speaker 3: It's so important everybody, that you get focused, that you aim for something, that you dream of, something, that you aspire to something. But it's the most the best thing you can do. After you do all that, Man, get God involved in it. Man, talk to him. I mean, why would you not what you got to lose. You ain't got to go down there and make no big scene and run laps around the church and run up there and throw yourself on the altar and scream and flip over and throw money in ad. You ain't got to do that. This you and God, man, This you and God. You know you got to serve and praise Him the way you do it. You gotta let nobody else tell you how it's done. It's a personal relationship. People kill me if you don't do it this way. If you don't come here to this church and you don't run around in this circle and you don't get flipped in the an, you don't. Hey, man, you better go have a relationship with God. See what that's about, you understand? Will nobody throw you off with all that?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, y'all talk to him. He love to hear from you.
Speaker 9: Today you're listening morning show.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen. He did it again, God Almighty and gave us another one. I'm so grateful, man, I sure am grateful. I kid you not when I say that in the morning, I'm so serious. This ain't any joke for him. I might say it with levity in my voice, but please understand, it's at a level of gratitude. I just don't know what else to say. Thank you, did it again, and only he can do it. And I acknowledge that, recognize that, I invite you to do the same. Gratitude affects your attitude, which determines your altitude. If you get them tudes together, Man boy, you on your way. I try to start my day like this.
Speaker 1: You know. Look, sometimes you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I get it.
Speaker 3: But at least you got up off the bed wrong side, left side, right side late. Sometimes you gotta lay back down. Sometimes you gotta hit snooze. But I shut my eyes and said, thank you Heaven Father A man, I say, go with me today, order myself, he said, we'll get on up.
Speaker 1: Make so come on here.
Speaker 3: I am Steve Harby, mor Showl, Mississippy Monica Junior, and the legend that is nephew Tommy.
Speaker 1: Always curious to know, Yeah Jr.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, your mind is so good to me, just looking in them little corners, seeing what come out of it.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 11: You know, uncle man, proud of myself, pulled it off Valentine's last night, pulled it off, you know, you know, came through on top champ you know flower candy cards. You know, a big, big celebration this weekend. Uh, you know, got a surprise for this weekend where we're going out of town this weekend.
Speaker 12: She gonna love that.
Speaker 11: She don't know what's coming down. This pipeline already set up. You know, I'm proud of myself because this is the second one. So I'm doing good. I'm pretty good.
Speaker 12: Pretty good. How did you turn out? How did you do well?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to stop Junior, Junior.
Speaker 3: Let me just say I'm proud of yeah and relation in this moment because we was a little concerned about you. Please don't come over here, Junior, and you deal with all pro over here.
Speaker 1: You are, dog, I'm damn there in the Hall of Fame for holidays. I got the red jacket. Yeah, I got the.
Speaker 3: Romance Hall of Fame red jacket. You know, you get a gold jacket for going to the football Hall of Fame. You get a red jacket in the Romans Hall of Fame. Please just know that I delivered. My girl is out of town. But I laid her out all right now, Yeah, always come on, I lay.
Speaker 1: I laid mine out when we got back to the High Yes.
Speaker 13: Lord, yeah, yeah, yeah, the way you said.
Speaker 3: What he said it just like yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, Lord got us some old Halloween candy. It's a nice Halloween candidate hasn't been over yet. Man, that's still that stuff. Still good.
Speaker 7: You gave us, still good.
Speaker 1: Loser, lose. I read the expiration date. That candy is still good.
Speaker 14: Thirty minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew again. He runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his.
Speaker 8: NEPHT number twos need Valentine too? I think it's name. Yeah, yeah, what I mean?
Speaker 1: How are they gonna get the flyers either? Fifteen?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: What you want? Kidnot with you? Okay, I don't know. I don't know how you won't. Let's go.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hello, Hello, I'm trying to speak with mister Andre.
Speaker 6: He's actually not here right now. Can I take a message for him?
Speaker 8: Yes, my name is Zach and I'm calling from the Seasons Hotel and I'm following up and trying to make sure we got you guys straight for Thursday. We have you all scheduled on Thursday for our junior suite, and we have champagne that's already been ordered, and I just wanted to follow up and make sure if you guys wanted any other amenities in the room. We definitely have you guys scheduled for lunch at noon and the couple's spa treatment is at is at four.
Speaker 1: I'm following up.
Speaker 8: I'm kind of like your concierge, and I want to make sure that if you guys need anything, we can get you taken care of.
Speaker 6: Wait you say, wait, wait do you say your name is zach from where I'm zach Man.
Speaker 8: I'm from the from the Season's hotel. I'm calling about you guys reservation that you have here at the hotel on on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Guys, what you guys? I don't have a reservation there. So you're saying Andre has a reservation there on February thirteenth in a suite and launching a couple of massage. Who's a couple.
Speaker 15: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I don't know anything about this and his wife?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 16: I can?
Speaker 1: I can? I miss? Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: What's your name, ma'am Destiny?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Pause?
Speaker 6: Pause, So you're calling from the Seasons because my husband Andre has a reservation for the evening starting with you're saying, like lunch and a couple of other side a couple's massage the day before?
Speaker 1: Can I okay? Hold on? Man? Can I? Can I get you to hold on for a second.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that. I'm sorry. That wasn't even meant for you. Oh my god, I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to beat his Can I get you to hold on for a second?
Speaker 15: Yeah? Yeah, Oh my okay, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'll be right back. Okay, uh, Miss.
Speaker 7: Destiny, yes.
Speaker 16: Understand.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, We're got to cancel that room.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 6: We're canceling the lunch, We're canceling the couple spot treatment. Anything that is booked under his name. I would like to cancel it at this point in time.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, but I'm not.
Speaker 15: I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not allowed to cancel. Only the person that has made the reservation can cancel.
Speaker 17: I just can't.
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 8: If you don't mind me. I don't normally get personal. How long have you guys been married?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: We have been married for eleven years and we have two children together. So what is this the day before Valentine? Does this jump off day or something?
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 6: Oh my oh my god, thank you for this call. I can't even Oh my god. He told me he had to go out of town for work Thursday morning. He wouldn't be back to Friday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let me ask you something. Let me let me ask you something.
Speaker 8: It's I mean, you gonna see him on the fourteenth, ain't you seriously?
Speaker 6: Are you? Are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 1: I mean I was just trying to look at that.
Speaker 6: Are you kidding me right now? You're talking about my husband is bringing some tramp to the the seasons?
Speaker 13: He must like her?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, oh my god. Okay, Like I said, don't ask me those stupids like that about and I'm gonna see him on the fourteenth. Don't even ask me though, jump like that, y'all. Bet I hope y'all see him by the fourteenth, and stuff, y'all won't be looking for him because I'm about to get in that for sure? Is he crazy? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Can I say something? It's if you don't mind, don't say.
Speaker 6: Nothing, stupid Zack, Okay, because I'm really on the edge right now.
Speaker 8: Okay, I understand, I understand. I'm just playing. I guess Devil's advocate here. Don't number twos.
Speaker 1: Need love to goodbye?
Speaker 18: Back?
Speaker 1: Did she?
Speaker 4: She?
Speaker 1: Don hung the call back? Call back?
Speaker 12: What did you hang up on.
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 6: You damn right? I hung up for you, your little unprofessional. I can't believe it. You call here, get me on the phone telling me some outrageous about my husband cheating on me, bringing some to the four seasons and knowledge. You know I'm about to go whoop piss. I want to come down there and whoop. Don't and you're gonna turn around and ask me like, don't don't number twos me out there? You better hope I don't run into you. Okay, if you see an angry black woman coming your way, know that it is me.
Speaker 19: I'm coming for your.
Speaker 16: Little ash me.
Speaker 6: No stupid like my husband out here cheating on me. We got kids?
Speaker 8: This okay, Okay, let me ask you something. Ain't your sister Latricia? Ain't that your sister?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 6: What you're saying that down there with my husband?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not saying that at all. Patricia.
Speaker 16: Do you know my sister? Actually?
Speaker 6: Who is it?
Speaker 16: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Do you have to know who I am?
Speaker 6: Hell? Yes, because I want to make when I come down there and whoop, Yahoo the white well.
Speaker 8: When you come down here, look for me, look for Tommy, nephew, Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your sister Latricia got me the prank phone call.
Speaker 6: Ye oh you dirty. Oh you're putting my food, so right to go and pack those follow u. Okay, okay, that's how we go play today. All right, okay, nephew tell me, yes, yes, okay, to go get her though, I'm gonna go get her though. That was you should feel my heart. It's just bad. In a hundred mouth a minute, I was. I was fired up, ready to go.
Speaker 17: Whoop somebody, you know.
Speaker 6: What's come here? She was right, somebody just go you up. You know what I think it's gonna be a woman.
Speaker 8: You gotta let me know what is the baddest that I mean, the baddest radio show in the land that these.
Speaker 6: Harvey Morning Show. And it's cus nephew, tell me.
Speaker 14: All right, thank you, nephew, Lord come through. Coming up next. It is as the clo or chief love of us, Steve Harvey. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In Entertainment, news, Jermaine Duprie is defending his Super Bowl socks.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, what about the rest of ale fit.
Speaker 1: Just the socks?
Speaker 14: Right now Just the Fox, and Oklahoma's country radio station is responding to claims that it refused to play Beyonce's new country song and My Guts. Shan and Sharp agree to talk this weekend at the All Star Game in Indianapolis. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo. This one is from Umi in Honolulu. Umi writes, I'm thirty in single. I've dated professional men at blue collar men, so I don't discriminate no matter who I date.
Speaker 7: They all have a problem with my male roommate.
Speaker 14: Why can't guys understand there is no sexual attraction and we're just friends.
Speaker 3: Because we all men, and we know you don't know that there is sexual attraction.
Speaker 1: We already know that. Onmi, come on, what's wrong with you? Come on, come on, come on girl.
Speaker 3: All of them got a problem with it because all of them know.
Speaker 1: Look, ladies, we know how we are, we know who we.
Speaker 3: Are, and and and Omi, nice looking girl, and we're trying to figure out why he don't see that. Girl, stop, I'll tell you what. Umi, go over there and knock on your little roommates do and say, you know what have you been thinking about me in a little bit different ways? And watch our cryd at your room.
Speaker 1: Get come on, let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Man, please, girl need come on, and you know, if you want to, if you want to really get into the dating scene and be serious about it, get you a female roommate or get.
Speaker 1: A house by yourself.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody signing up for that because a man ain't gonna feel comfortable coming over that.
Speaker 1: In Norway, it's another man walking around in here with a key. Okay, girl, please, I've been waiting. I've been waiting. Come on over here, all right.
Speaker 14: Moving on to Malika in Wichita, Melika says I exchanged words with a woman at the drug store after she cut the line and made a remark about me being on my phone. I was looking up my insurance information, not texting my husband, apologized to her. On my behalf. I was so hot with him that I started seeing stars.
Speaker 7: Why would he embarrass me like that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, see home, mane let me let Okay, here's another area.
Speaker 3: Half.
Speaker 1: The girl was wrong in the first one. But brother, let me play something.
Speaker 3: You cannot sighe with another woman over your wife. I don't care what your wife did. Y'all work it out bank at the house. But you can't take the side of nobody else. Bruh, you just can't.
Speaker 1: Man. You can't.
Speaker 8: Y'all in the right place though, because somebody gonna need some dope. Y'all in the girl, somebody gonna need some dope.
Speaker 7: She exchanged words.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, cut the line, Yeah, apologize.
Speaker 7: To get her prescription. That's what she was.
Speaker 3: Doing, right, But I don't care if you in line, if you're on the phone, texted, if you singing? The star sprigled banner cut in front of me? Now an all three verses.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 14: Third, her husband apologized to her on her behalf.
Speaker 12: Lordy, ma'am, I don't know what my wife doing.
Speaker 7: That don't even sound right.
Speaker 1: You hid in a minute, we can work out of here.
Speaker 19: And a kine.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 14: Moving on to Ariel in Philly, Ariel writes, my new boss took me to lunch and he said a lot of negative things about my coworkers, and he told me to keep my distance. I'm friendly with some of them, and I actually like them. Am I supposed to a stand awefish?
Speaker 17: Will?
Speaker 7: Will that make them hate me?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know who your bass is. Listen to me. This is what I've learned in life.
Speaker 3: Pay very close attention to the messenger, because a messenger is the messenger usually.
Speaker 1: With a motivation behind it.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know if your boss is a man or a woman, but either way, now let's take it one step at a time.
Speaker 7: It's a man, okay.
Speaker 3: Now he may be taking you to dinner to tell you about these other workers and a lot of things, because he's trying to set you up like I favor you a little bit differently. I look at you a little bit differently, so you know now then also to kind of set the course as I move forward, and because I'm gonna take you to another lunch, I need to keep you to keep your distance from them and watch yourself because I don't need you. He just ain't saying this to you, but he's saying this to himself. I don't need you to get close to them, because I might say some stuff to you, and I don't need all these and office relationships working.
Speaker 1: That is some motivation.
Speaker 3: Behind and you need to pay very very close attention because why would he take you to lunch and then bad mouth to other people?
Speaker 14: So what's she supposed what is she supposed to do? Is she supposed to act stand office.
Speaker 1: FC secret pliers? She's supposed to go to Human Resource.
Speaker 7: And she wants to know.
Speaker 14: Also, will that make them hate her? She does, Well, why you don't?
Speaker 1: You don't have to treat the other people no differently.
Speaker 3: You don't have to see because because you're not clear about his mission. So now if you do, if you don't treat them differently, and then he comes to you and say, hey, I told you quit talking to them.
Speaker 1: Now we're down were down at HR. Now that's what.
Speaker 3: Because all this is is the case at this point right now, I don't think you need to.
Speaker 7: Go to HR right now, okay, because.
Speaker 3: You could use this to your advantage. Let it pile up the emotion.
Speaker 1: Five you don't go to HR's one thing.
Speaker 3: Whenever I go down there off my TV show and they called me down to talk to HR, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going down there for one thing. I use fall four to five more jokes that week.
Speaker 3: So when I get down there Friday, I have five.
Speaker 1: So it's been a week.
Speaker 12: You go down there Friday, Friday, you always on Friday.
Speaker 3: You ain't never know Monday season. I'm down there full times. It is always for a joke.
Speaker 1: I told on the show that they need to discuss.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: It's not you know, about women or nothing like that. It's always about a particularly joke got and told it across the line or something I got in trouble.
Speaker 14: Listen, not Steve Harbors or something like that.
Speaker 1: Nah saying somebody.
Speaker 7: Okay, turned around you.
Speaker 3: I can't leave all the groups. Joke got leave out somebody up.
Speaker 14: At the top of the hour, Thank you, cello. We have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. Well, Jermaine dupri has something to say to everyone clowning him over his choice of wardrobe during the super Bowl. During the halftime show, uh, he posted a close up picture of the five hundred and sixty five dollars Louis Vuitton pocket socks he wore, with a caption that said, in part quote, so I'm just really seeing y'all got me messed up, But I will say it's funny as hell. You yo, yo At Pharrell.
Speaker 7: Uh you see this.
Speaker 14: Jermaine has since deleted that post, posting up a new one showing a close up of his socks next to a screenshot of Usher dominating the top songs of the Apple Music R and B Slash Soul charts. In the new caption, he wrote, you want to talk about the socks, Let's talk about it. I got five songs in the top ten.
Speaker 7: Dollars.
Speaker 12: But he didn't say for real dressed.
Speaker 1: I don't care if they oscar my wieno sock. I'm not. I don't. I'm not wearing the socks with the sheltz. I just you know, I mean it was funny.
Speaker 3: I like Jermaine dupri that's crazy choice of ward.
Speaker 1: It ain't the socks, just the ward. The outfit.
Speaker 7: Also, it was everything.
Speaker 1: You know. If he'd wont just some long pants, we would have never see. Then we couldn't see the scene. See that's the hank in the socks. He thought them socks was just hot. But if no, they wasn't sure.
Speaker 7: They want tain't cute?
Speaker 1: They you look crazy, man.
Speaker 3: Now my granddaughter was going to East the service with them shots on.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's what this lady.
Speaker 3: Very few yesterday I said, I said, what the hell.
Speaker 1: Did you made to prehend on this? Lady? Shout it out church.
Speaker 3: Socks or I couldn't breathe all right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 14: Another entertainment news, according to Yahoo dot com, Shannon Sharp has announced that he and my Gaps will meet at the NBA All Star Game the weekend to speak and settle their differences. On this past Monday, of course, Sharp took to social media to share that he and Mike Epps have been in correspondence and agreed to have a quote man to man conversation in hopes of ending the brewing dispute between the two. Channon posted on x which of course used to be Twitter formerly Twitter in part we both realized this situation could have been should have been handled differently. I apologize to my family, friends, loved ones, and my fans.
Speaker 7: So there you go. They're meeting this weekend.
Speaker 1: It See, that's the way it ought to go.
Speaker 3: If you're a man and you got problem with another man, and you find out about it and meet with the man and talk to the man about it, right, get it off social media.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing about it. Man.
Speaker 3: Look, if I'm a man, I got a problem with you. I'm gonna come to you. Don't go social media man like just man. Just come to me as a man. And if you can't come to me as a man, then you use my respect. I got respect for Mike and Shannon if they gonna squash it like that. And I'm telling you, man, we are crippling ourselves with.
Speaker 7: This social media.
Speaker 3: And we are we are our greatest enemies on social media.
Speaker 1: We're only race doing it. We are only race doing it.
Speaker 3: Bro. We got to stop doing each other like this, man, and we and we are so pervasive with it that I'm telling you YouTube and came up with our AI channel to target black celebrities because they are looking at the algorithm rhythms and they are going, wow, nobody spends more time online, clicks and all this here than black people.
Speaker 1: Let's do this tool. And we're sitting up in here.
Speaker 3: We are such willing participants in the destruction of one another. It's a sad state were in today, man, And we need to check ourselves because we're hurting ourselves now.
Speaker 1: They don't even need to clan no more.
Speaker 14: Oh oh all right, Wow was a deep statement.
Speaker 3: No listen to me, I promise you we are doing more damage to ourselves than the clan can do to us, because at least we know who they are and where they're coming from. But we inside each other's lives, each other. Yes, this is a very dangerous thing for us as black people, man, and we have got to wake.
Speaker 1: Up to this.
Speaker 7: Can we do oursel?
Speaker 1: This is what you can't get mad at white folks on this one.
Speaker 7: This is all people.
Speaker 1: No man, this is us on this one.
Speaker 7: Uh huh? All right?
Speaker 14: Finally Steven Entertainment News, a country radio station based in Oklahoma, came under fire for rejecting a listener's request to play Beyonce's new single Texas Hold Them, one of two new country singles she released after surprise Super Bowl commercial on Sunday. The listener was told we don't play Beyonce, and the story went viral. The station received backlash, and they addressed the issue by claiming that was a generic response to the listener and the station is actually excited that Beyonce.
Speaker 7: Has crossed over into country music.
Speaker 1: No fix it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, they fixed it with it right now.
Speaker 1: Properly speak, country music stations.
Speaker 3: Stations don't play beyond That's what they mean by Geneeric thing.
Speaker 1: But they're playing that damn song right now.
Speaker 8: Out you get on that mic one more time and you say what you say? I tell you right now, you ain't gonna be working here. You get on there one one one more time, say that game. But beyondce, she wants, she wants the best things out there, and we ain't gonna message what we got going.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of generic racism out there, a lot.
Speaker 3: MTV did it for years. Oh, we don't play black music. They did it for ye. It wasn't for Michael Jacks. Wouldn't he be on MTV. I was there for that.
Speaker 14: Too, all right? Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour. Glad they're playing her song now. Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 14: Well, guys, this is a really sad story and we continue to pray for the families of the victims. In Kansas City, three people have been detained in connection with the shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade on Wednesday. Authority said, in addition to the person who died. Twenty one others suffered gunshot wounds. At least eight people had immediately life threatening injuries, and at least eleven children were being treated at a nearby children's hospital for injuries related to the shooting.
Speaker 7: The person who.
Speaker 14: Died has been identified as Lisa Lopez Galvin. She's a Kansas City radio host who hosted a segment called Taste of Tohno. Police Chief Stacy Graves said, in addition to the three people to pained, authorities are investigating whether or not there are other people involved who are amongst the crowd of bystanders who attacked an assailant. Graves confirmed that at least eight hundred police officers were on duty during the parade. At a press conference held Wednesday, Kansas City Mayor Quentin Lucas said the mass shooting brings up valid questions about the way guns are handled in the United States, and don't we do that every time there's a mass shooting.
Speaker 7: Our condolences for sure.
Speaker 1: You can't do nothing, can't go nowhere. I can't do nothing.
Speaker 4: Is church parade and you know they they closed school, you know, so the kids can go to the celebration. In Kansas City so children are there, families are There's like you said, Tommy, we can't go nowhere, we can't have family celebrations, we can't do nothing exactly.
Speaker 7: Don't want people to be happy or to celebrate. I mean, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Well, like you said it, every time this occurs, there's this conversation about we need to do something about gun law, and we never do something about gun laws. Not one thing changes because the n r A is too powerful. They donate too much money to the Republican Party for them to even dare dare address the Second Amendment. That that's that's an unheard of you might as well. You know what, man, y'all, you know this is an amazingly hypocritical country. You done voted to take prayer out of schools, but you won't vote to take guns out of people's hands. Help me with that. Help me just just just help me understand how that makes sense. So that that's that's a very very telling statement of about the condition of the United States of America. You will vote to take prayer out of schools, but you will not vote to take guns out.
Speaker 1: Of people's hands. I I tell you where we're at, right.
Speaker 7: There, Yeah, right, our.
Speaker 14: Prayers and condolen since continue and we'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 14: It is time now to check your voicemail Steve, and if you would like to leave a message for Steve, you can call him eight seven seven twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Steve. You might just hear your call on the air. Are you ready, sir? Yeah, this caller doesn't like your on air characters.
Speaker 10: Uh oh today.
Speaker 13: I don't care how uny, but you guys, I don't care, adun't.
Speaker 18: It's none of my business.
Speaker 10: But your show is a good show.
Speaker 3: Bus.
Speaker 10: There is a thing that I am really concern about. It's just the old.
Speaker 1: L man you keep talking about and all the other.
Speaker 10: Crazy characters that you tried to be just man.
Speaker 1: Your malfraid was.
Speaker 10: Stopping just shop man. Aren't you living? You old for this stuff?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 10: If you can't do nothing, man that Tom and take over that's Tom and take over that are character man, Tommy Man, you.
Speaker 19: Go this job man, you keep everybody labor, I keep you, you keep everybody left.
Speaker 1: Man, Steed.
Speaker 10: Tom got to beat on this man, say George man iround's.
Speaker 1: And I agree. Tommy is good. Characters. Characters I do, I do are old because I'm old. I'm not too old for the probably probably was concerned, but I'm not getting young now.
Speaker 3: George, I don't know who you are, but you really I don't.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows you and.
Speaker 7: You going there with George.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know that, Sister.
Speaker 3: When does the next time sister old Dale or Roscoe or anybody come on, George, please tune in tomorrow called Roscoe will have something to say to you. I almost show.
Speaker 7: It all right, Moving on to h Thank you George from Shreveport.
Speaker 17: Hi, Steve, this is Evan from Streetport, Louisiana. I was listening to your clothing comments. You keep on doing what you're doing, because I'm seventy three soon to be, and it's an inspiration to me. I passed some of the comments on to my family, my granddaughter, my grandsons, because hey, it helps me and I appreciate it. Keep on doing what you're doing. God bless you, and I appreciate you. I listen to you every morning just to hear your clothes and comments, and hey, I am really grateful for the thing that you have experience and that you're teaching me and I'm learning from it.
Speaker 15: Just a swell thank you all.
Speaker 17: God, bless y'all and have a blessed day by now.
Speaker 14: Thank you now, George, all right, last one, Steve Don from Gary in the Anta.
Speaker 18: Hey, Steve, this is Don McGee for Gary, Indiana. I just want to thank you guys for making me laugh every day while I work and run this road. Y'all take care of love y'all and stay blessed.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Josh John McGee said you won't thank us for making him laugh.
Speaker 12: With the old characters old rock.
Speaker 3: Make sure you too me. George, ain't none of my characters gonna let this go. I just want you to know that they gonna all in cheap the next week to George. So, George, you think you hate them characters? Now, no, George, you might have to get yourself some therapy. Man light your assop.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to George. Tommy coming, no, no, no, no no, no. Listen to me.
Speaker 3: Tommy is fun. That's why you're on the show. Comedy always been subjectional, That's what it is. You know, everybody got their favorites. Do your thing, you know.
Speaker 1: George tried to hurt me or that was George.
Speaker 7: Yeah, George, that's all that comes.
Speaker 3: I got something for George asked, because see, George, I ain't that good of christian I'm just gonna tell you, George, I just ain't to have I'm entry level Christianity.
Speaker 1: I don't do it ask Christianity.
Speaker 7: You know, you're supposed to grow, supposed to what your guess that you're supposed to grow in the faith?
Speaker 3: I know, but just a Bible verse, something going to use on joy us as you would have them.
Speaker 1: So that what I'm finna do to your ask.
Speaker 14: Coming up next to the nephew and the prank phone call right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show coming.
Speaker 14: Up at the top of the hour, about four minutes after, it's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is who is they?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll.
Speaker 14: Find out trying to find out who they is in just a few because right now, yes, the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got f this right here is uh you call? How long you've been married? It'd be twenty years this year nineteen.
Speaker 8: We imagine somebody giving you a call telling you you and Tush y'all ain't married. Y'all who because the pastor that married y'all wasn't certified and then had the right credentials.
Speaker 1: He really wasn't the pastor.
Speaker 8: So y'all ain't married, you.
Speaker 1: Would y'all ain't married?
Speaker 10: Let's go Hell Hello, I'm trying to reach Brian. Yeah, how you doing, Brian? My name is Daniel. Wanted to give you a call today. You got a minute?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Okay, listen. You're you're Brian, Brian right, you're married to to Althea Yeah. Hello, hello, yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's that's me. That's my wife.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, got a question for you. How long have you guys been married?
Speaker 19: Going on nine years now? We've been married?
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 10: My name is Daniel. Were you were you guys married a Greater New Missionary Baptist.
Speaker 19: Church Linda See Yeah, yep, yep, that's the name of that church. Yeah, great by nine years? Yeah, that's right. Why what's going on? What's asking all.
Speaker 11: These questions for us?
Speaker 10: Okay? Do you remember the minister that officiated your actual wedding ceremony?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Reverend right, Yeah, okay, I got the right person. I wanted to make sure I had the right person, Brian. So I'm I'm sorry if it seemed a little weird to you. Here. Here's what's going on. We've just come up with a new discovery, a lot of information that Reverend none of his credentials are true. Everything is false. He's not a minister at all, he never was a minister, and every single wedding ceremony that he officiated is basically null and void. So, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you and Alpha, even though you think you've been married for nine years, you guys are not married at all.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, no, not that that you got to have the wrong person, because man and that thing we got married by nine years ago.
Speaker 10: And what I'm telling you is he never was ordained. He's never been an ordained minister. He's not a minister at all. So when he performed this ceremony, your wedding ceremony, he had no right to be doing that. You guys are not are not married. You know, you guys have been living in sin for nine years.
Speaker 19: Hold on, hold on that. Let me tell you something. I ain't been living in an offense. Me and my wife, we have been married for nine years and that man he's a preacher. I'm telling you he's a preacher.
Speaker 10: Last Sunday, Sir, as of today, he has no right to be in anybody's pull pit. He has no right to be officiating, whether it's weddings or funerals, no matter what it is, christenings for children. He's not allowed to do that. And we have officially stopped him from doing anything serving under as being a pastor or a minister. We have that. But what I want you to know is that you have been living in sin and you don't you that. We want to try and get you guys married as soon as possible, so you're not living in sin.
Speaker 19: Oh no, doc, I ain't been living in those sin. I have been married for nine years. This woman shit has been taking care of me and my kids for the past nine Wait.
Speaker 10: Wait, wait a minute, wait a minute. You guys have children.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, we have two kids too, beautiful kids.
Speaker 10: Okay, then those kids are bastards.
Speaker 19: Hold on, hold on, let me tell you something. My kids ain't no baskets.
Speaker 10: What about your kids? Your kids ambassts, No, sir, my kids were born in wedlock. Your kids have been born out of wedlock.
Speaker 19: I'm telling you that man did my service and he is a preacher. He's a man after God's own heart himself. He hasn't done everything that he could for me and my family.
Speaker 10: He is a preacher, sir, don't I know it's hard for you to to swallow the truth, but I want you to know and I need you to be able to tell our felter. You guys are not married right now?
Speaker 19: No, no, okay, so hold on, hold on now. Back in the older days, but before all these all these colleges and stuff came came about. You telling me that their men back in the old days, that they wasn't no preachers, that they wasn't men after the call?
Speaker 16: Is that what you're saying to me?
Speaker 10: Uh? What you?
Speaker 7: What do you?
Speaker 10: What are you? What are you getting at?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 19: What I'm trying to say is back in the older day, back in the twenties and thirties, they didn't have all these colleges and all these degrees and stuff like these new preachers got these days. That man, now he was from back then, and God called them and that's what they went on too. And all them people that they married back then, they did the same thing today. You don't need no degree to say that you're a preacher. You don't need no life to say you're a preacher. Me and my wife we've been married for nine years. My kids have been born any wedlock. We were married, we were married by reverend, My friends and family day was all there, sir.
Speaker 10: The bottom line is that you have been living in sin because you have not been married with your wife for the last nine years. And your kids, I hate to say it, your kids are bastards.
Speaker 16: Now an't on?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 16: I done told you.
Speaker 19: Don't say nothing else about my kids saying I ain't no custom, But don't push me.
Speaker 16: My kids ain't no bassard. You understand me. You won't get me up, sir.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to give you the truth and try to get you in here and get you married so you will not be living in sin any more than what you are.
Speaker 16: I a'm living in those sins.
Speaker 10: Look now, you don't make.
Speaker 16: Me whoop your ass. You understand men and my wife we have been married for nine years.
Speaker 10: Don't shit up.
Speaker 16: Here in come me talking about that. We ain't mad that that man ain't no fature. You understand. I get out of myself. That's my life. Those are my kids. They have been born in wedlocks. You understand, sir?
Speaker 10: So, I just wanted to call and give you the information so that you could probably stop living in sin. That's all I wanted to do.
Speaker 16: I ain't living in those sins. That's what I just told you. You ain't hear me.
Speaker 19: I ain't living in those sins.
Speaker 16: Niggure you the one that's living up in some sin. Now, you ain't got nothing ness say to me that man that nine years ago the get you know a ss on my phone?
Speaker 10: So I have one more thing, one more thing I'd like to say.
Speaker 19: You ain't got.
Speaker 16: Nothing nels to say to me. You ain't get your ass off my am phone? Now, do you understand me? I ain't got time for this.
Speaker 10: Policy, sir? Can I say one more thing?
Speaker 16: What you got to say on me? Now?
Speaker 10: So? I just wanted to let you know that this is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife half THEA got me to brank phone call you?
Speaker 19: Oh man?
Speaker 16: Now, oh lord it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I almost went in on you.
Speaker 19: Do you A would have made me go there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 19: I'm a good put you up to this?
Speaker 10: You got me to prank you, man, wow, man, I got to ask yourself, man, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 19: Lands, the Steve Harvey Morning Show Man?
Speaker 1: And now you have it? Come on people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm breathing all hard, like what if that happened to be?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Stop, hey, Mary.
Speaker 8: Y'all He married February twenty third, twenty fourth, and twenty fifth. I am in Greensboro, North Carolina, at the Comedy Zone. Tickets of Soul Out, but Greensboro. If y'all just lay load for a minute, we're gonna see if we can squeeze in the show. I'll let y'all know about tomorrow March first, second, and third. It is Charlie good Night's rileygh North Carolina, North Carolina. That is March first, second, third, the nephew coming to town Rileigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: That is Callie good Nights, all right.
Speaker 8: And then one more funny Bone, One more funny Bone. That would be March fifteen, sixteen to seventeen in Richmond, Virginia. The nephew will be at the Funny Bone. Yes, yes, yes, tickets are selling.
Speaker 1: So well, Thank you so kindly.
Speaker 8: What when you tell them stupid coming and come on out to catch you stupid on the come round about four five years and here it come. And last, but not least, my boy Paul Davis Davis Entertainment. That would be March the thirtieth, Montgomery, Alabama. Boy, y'all better get y'all tickets to this one right here. That would be the Nephew, celebrity comedian JJ Williamson and Earthquake. We gonna be shaking it up at the Montgomery Performing Oh Centime.
Speaker 1: That is March thirtieth, Saturday night. Tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, take us on saying right now, I'm in the gump, Baby, what the gump?
Speaker 1: It's Lieutenant Dang, you got that? Okay?
Speaker 7: All right, Nephew.
Speaker 1: I may not be smart, but I know what love is. Jeday, Thank you.
Speaker 7: I'm coming up next. First Strawberry letter for today. The subject is who Is? They will get into it right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice and relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting and more. Please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com and click Submit Strawberry Letter we could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: It could be yours.
Speaker 8: Buckle up and hold on tight, beguide it for you. Here it is strawberry letter.
Speaker 7: Thanking a few subject. Who is they?
Speaker 14: Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm married to a forty six year old gossiper and my life went downhill when I let him get on Instagram. He loves to take pictures when he gets a dressed when he gets dressed up, and I would always post his pictures on my Facebook and Instagram pages. His friends would poke fun at him because he wasn't on social media, so I asked him if he wanted me to set him up a page. I did, and all he posts are pictures of his car after he washes it. The other day he posted a picture of our son after he got a haircut.
Speaker 7: He's really not a poster, but he's a creeper.
Speaker 14: He creeps around on everyone's page and reports back to me what he sees. It gets on my nerves because all day.
Speaker 7: He's showing me on He's showing me his.
Speaker 14: Phone and cracking up laughing. He started getting therapy on Instagram from motivational speakers, and he gets all of his styling tips from there too. But what irks me the most is that he shows me photos of ladies and will say that he likes their hair, and then we'll ask if I can get my hair like theirs, or he might tell me that I ought to buy outfits like they are wearing. I was washing clothes and he grabbed my love handles and said, they got workout videos that you can do at home to fix this, as he squeezed my lower back. I told him that was rude, and he said he was just trying to help. Lately, they have been giving him tips on how I can improve my body and my hairstyles. I don't want to have to shut down his Instagram account, but he's being so rude. Should I start telling him what they say he can do to improve, Well, no, you already know his ego will not be able to take that if you tell him what they say about him. You sound like a nice lady, and I know you hate you ever put your husband onto social media. He's abusing it. He's spending way too much time on it, because you know it's so addictive. It is addictive, but that's the story for most people on social media. Once you start, it is hard to get off. Just look around. Everybody's on their phone all the time. Look around. That's bad enough, But to start comparing you his wife to the Instagram models. Hardly anyone can hold a handle to a candle to the beauties on Instagram anybody. Some of them are natural, but many of them are so filtered you wouldn't even recognize them in real life. Your husband is on the Gram like this some new toy or something, and I guess it is to him.
Speaker 7: But again, he should not be.
Speaker 14: Comparing you to the Instagram woman women, or any other woman for that matter. That's really stupid on his part, really stupid. You got to bring him back to reality somehow, and if it means closing his account, if he won't stop, then do that. He can find something else to do, no matter how much his friends clown him for not being on the Gram. He's on it for the wrong reason.
Speaker 3: Steve, I just don't know how to respond to this, because I'm really kind of over social media. I think people have used it the wrong way for the most part, even though there are some good attributes to social media, Like I get a lot of motivational stuff on that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff about God. There's a lot of prayers on that.
Speaker 3: Like this morning, I opened it up to read a message from overseas because they're on a different timeline.
Speaker 1: I have to talk to these people sometimes.
Speaker 3: And a prayer came up and the prayer was Psalms ninety one, and so I read that this morning. So it turned out to be a good thing, you know. So I did my prayer with this guy online, which was he was just reading and I just closed my eyes.
Speaker 1: He was just reading the scripture. It was really really good. So it has a lot of benefits.
Speaker 3: Social media becomes a daunting blair mess up when you bring it into your marriage. That is mad his wife and got him accounting.
Speaker 1: Now he posted stuff every time you get his car washed. Don't nobody care.
Speaker 3: See, let me tell you something, man, unless you have one of those rare, rare cars. Unless you done got your hands on one of them cars. Man, that's like a like a spect car or something like this. Most people have seen cars. When you can't keep showing your car just because you wash it. Look, man, you have washed up the Prius, but.
Speaker 7: He did not say what kind of car.
Speaker 1: The reason I know privs.
Speaker 3: Because I was on very few the other days and the lady had a Prius and I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: And boy, see what you mean?
Speaker 3: You don't know what a Prius is, and I just don't know what it looks like because I haven't seen one.
Speaker 1: You've never seen a Prius?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't when you're driving down the street, stop y'all, I don't drive when you see cars. You haven't never seen a four per and I haven't. I just never seen one. I may have seen it and not known what.
Speaker 1: So I'm just using Toyota.
Speaker 11: You don't know, you don't know, ain't made by force?
Speaker 7: All right, back to the letter.
Speaker 3: This is this, This is the letter. Y'all got to be more clear. On social media. We're gonna put the cars names, what they maker next to.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask what do they still make? The four focus? I think yes, I think I can't help her because I'll tell you the second half.
Speaker 3: But social media is everywhere and it's out of hand, and I really can't. I can't help people because it affects everybody. And now if you let me come in your marriage, you're making adulting mistake. So now this dude is now looking at hasstyles and he's wanting his wife to get a halfstyle like this girl online. And then now he'd have walked up behind her and grabbed her love handles, talking about they got videos online that can fix this.
Speaker 14: Hang on, Steve, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after today's Strawberry letter.
Speaker 7: Subject is who is they? We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 14: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is who is they?
Speaker 1: It's just real, simplistious.
Speaker 3: Woman is married to this man and she finally got him in an account, and now social media dominates his life. He posts everything. He washed his car, He put it online. Every time he washed his car, he posts. Now, listen to me. Stop being excited about your life, because I'm telling you somebody got a life this bigger than that. Quit posting your car thinking, ain't nobody seen it?
Speaker 1: Just cause your car is washed. People have seen that car.
Speaker 3: And unless you have a specialty car, ain't no need to post it now. I see famous people posting too day I know well, well, y'all know them too.
Speaker 1: It's more than one.
Speaker 3: They get the car ship to whatever city they is so they can pull up in their car.
Speaker 1: You've seen it, you see.
Speaker 3: I've never ever done that. I just ain't that guy, you know. I tell you an example. I was somewhat looking at a car and the guy said, I said, I'm thinking about getting this for my wife as a gift birthday. The guy goes, wow, this will be your first one. I said, no, I got a future. He said, you have a few. I said yeah.
Speaker 1: He said you.
Speaker 3: I ain't see you post your cars. I said, bro, I'm not posting my car. That's not what I do.
Speaker 1: I'm just not. I'm not I'm not that dude. I'm not gonna post it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I ain't even know you had one of these, but I know people who do it. Now, you can use social media for some good things, or you can let social media ruin your life. This guy feeling let social media ruin his life. If you see a girl with a hairstyle on social media and you show your wife this girl get your hair like that?
Speaker 1: Look, man, lookupid?
Speaker 3: She looking at you like and then you walk up behind her and grab her love handles.
Speaker 1: They got videos online that can fix this. WHOA now the one?
Speaker 3: And she said, lately they have been giving him tips on how I can prove my body and my hairstyle. I don't want to have to shut his Instagram down, but he's being so rude. Should I start telling him what they say he can do to improve me? I say yes.
Speaker 1: What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Speaker 3: The one thing that helps me learn about arguments is when your spouse lint says to you, Okay, let me ask you this. Suppose I did see did if you put the reversal on me?
Speaker 1: Work? Now? Listen to me, Fellas, you cannot go to your girl with a picture of another girl.
Speaker 3: Talking about you want this hair, because all she's thinking is do you want this hair or do you want huff see? Because what you're on a page and these filters they got out. Now, boy, let me tell you something, whoo, they are not a game. They are not a game. I've never seen more perfect people that on Instagram. I'm talking about, where are these with me? Where are these men?
Speaker 1: Where are they?
Speaker 3: And I'm just look man, it's really not tom You have used filters, Junior, you ever used a film?
Speaker 1: No, it is what it is. I think we should I just talk about filters now, you say you, but I think we need to look at just a build.
Speaker 7: You know, Tommy's not gonna I don't mean no filter.
Speaker 12: Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't even know what you need a.
Speaker 12: Man about this prettiness.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be over Fane, call.
Speaker 13: It, say it again, it again, We're gonna be over fan. I'm not doing that for the room, oh your road. First of all, I don't know how to use no filter. But secondly, I can't let you see this picture. Then when you see me, you go. You know that's what I don't want. I mean, what would you do? You want to shrink your shrink your lips down? What would you want to do?
Speaker 7: M They got they got filters for that, Steve, because.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't got anything that. I add four inches.
Speaker 12: Fair height?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, definitely what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'll shrike my lips if you can reach them.
Speaker 12: If they had a filter for my headline, I keep it on, keep it straight off.
Speaker 3: Boy, you ain't never lied me like Junior, like right now. No, he is leaning down.
Speaker 1: He canna lean down?
Speaker 3: Three boy, look at Junior right now. Uh huh, stay right there, Junior, don't move well. Is his hair it's behind.
Speaker 12: His Its not no, it's not back there, it's just in the right there.
Speaker 1: Take your hands right well.
Speaker 11: The cut is sold in the glass. From the light on top of it, it makes it look like.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: Your light can cut through your hair to the scheme. What hair is we talked about. Your hair can't be that far apart.
Speaker 7: It's your comments su today Strawberry Letter, glam You've already asked them on the Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 14: And check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio now coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, The Man of the Moment, Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 3: Ladies and Jim Today, we about to do sports from a man who has no limits. When we use the term throatback, we really are talking about throwback.
Speaker 1: I see it. Go ahead, Junior man.
Speaker 12: Let me tell you something, man, you ain't have to do me like that. Ferod, that's not it's not it's not appropriate.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many people are doing me?
Speaker 12: So you got experience?
Speaker 3: Fight back a minute, even bring y'all know this week you can bring in Texas that people sending him about me and he send them to me.
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to say when they say this about you? Boy, he brings them to you. I didn't know that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, congratulations a shack man. Let's go ahead and give Shaq rond plaud His jersey is being retired in Orlando. The Orlando Magic will retire and sho kill O'Neill's jersey. Well, it's the first jersey they've retired in Ordo history.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, Shack.
Speaker 12: Is the first one.
Speaker 11: No one will ever wear number thirty two again, that's it. And and then Shack not yet, No, not yet, was old boy, yeah hardway, Yeah not yet.
Speaker 12: But Shack is the first one.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: Congratulations. He also don't have no hair, so I think that might all sign no, because I see the prime is I see the prime is my hairs problem, y'all want to come in here about hit it?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm working on it. I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead here time anyway, Yeah, it's about time right now.
Speaker 1: Time is here. Okay, time is now, it has rived. We don't I don't. I don't know why we won't pick the phone up.
Speaker 11: Three point contests this weekend, the All Star weekend.
Speaker 12: Uh, let's go ahead to give up. Man, Let's see who gonna win this one?
Speaker 1: Uncle?
Speaker 11: You think Donovan Mitchell from Cleveland is participating. Called Anthony Towns from Minnesota. Trey Young from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, called Anthony town Yeah in the three point Yes he did the three.
Speaker 1: You ain't that good? Dogs? You got three?
Speaker 3: Everybody got a three? Hell jan Beave got a three? Yeah, thirty six percent from three point Trey Young from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: At Uh, Damian Lillar? Who you I got my money on?
Speaker 3: Damon Trey Damon Donovan Mitchell, he cold too when he want to go, I tell you who ain't gonna win? Anthony Townsend. I'm just gonna I'm gonna go out on him.
Speaker 12: All all of them got half. So there it is. My feelings hurt right now. Time I'm a junior.
Speaker 7: Junior hurt.
Speaker 13: You got half feelings coming up in the.
Speaker 1: How your forehead.
Speaker 7: On social media? Steve needs some advice. Listen. He's considering having an affair. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 14: Right after this, you're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: Sean on Facebook. Rights.
Speaker 14: My wife and I have been married for twelve years this year. I love her, but she's nothing like she was when we first married. Over the years, she let herself go in so many ways. It's not just that she's physically not the person I'm married. She's also no longer interesting or interested in anything other than sitting at home watching TV. To top this off, we rarely have sex. The last time was at the end of last summer. There's a woman that I work with that hasn't been very subtle about wanting to sleep with me, and up to this point, I've been playing it cool with her about her interest in me. But now I've started to seriously considering hollering at her. Consider hollering at her. I don't want to hurt my wife, but I have no confidence that sex will ever be something that we enjoy together again.
Speaker 7: Will I regret cheating on her or will I regret living out my days in a sexless marriage?
Speaker 1: Well both. If you.
Speaker 20: Will regret it both ways, you're gonna regret cheating and you're gonna regret living your life without a sexless manage you're gonna regretless both.
Speaker 3: So you're a quandaries. People change. The woman you married obviously is not who she was. But I have news. You're not the man you used to be now some changes, that's true. See, that's the whole deal of it, though, And the changes in you may be the reason why she's sitting there and just looking at the cheating. And most most things are cause and effect. Most things that are affected or affecting you, it comes from a cause. And so you have to get at that because you're not going to address the cause of why she's that way. There is no solving this problem. Now you haven't had such.
Speaker 1: As last seme.
Speaker 7: What yeah, the last summer. That's why he's considering cheating.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody got to do that though? He got well.
Speaker 7: Since last summer?
Speaker 1: Yes, how many months stay? It don't matter two months? Which one you're doing with?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: One of them?
Speaker 3: Once you say months, which which one? What's the what's the what's the number that's accepted?
Speaker 1: A summer months?
Speaker 3: It's damn this, Yes, so I already see this man. He has one foot out of though. Mm hm, Now look, man, why don't you do it this way? You say you don't want to hurt your wife and going there and sit down with your wife and have a very very open discussion about your feelings. Now, based on that conversation of what y'all come away with, that will determine your next book. But if if you try to encourage your wife to look, I'll help you. You know, whatever you want to do, if you want, if you want to work out parton, if you want an accountability partner, if you want me to change something about myself. What have I done lately? That's different over the twelve years because you're different too. Had that conversation, bro, Now after that conversation, you got to.
Speaker 1: Make a decision.
Speaker 3: I went to counseling one time, and when I left counseling, I got a lawyer, one counselor and yeah, wow, now I'm telling you I want one counselor and session. You know, wentn't got a lawyer. I didn't have a lawyer to do nothing. I just wait to see because I knew it was coming.
Speaker 1: This is no well overcause God I can't give.
Speaker 3: I listened to all the answers they have, all the answers that was given to what dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me get on the pout of here.
Speaker 14: But does he does he still love her since he's considering her feelings, you know, love where he actually stepped out on her.
Speaker 3: You could love a person and not like him before he stepped out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he damn they're gone.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I'm just a tweet us. He gone, Yeah, it's probably done it already. I'm just letting you know. He gone, Wow, keep gone.
Speaker 1: All right. Last summer.
Speaker 7: We'll have more of the Steve Aready Morning coming up.
Speaker 1: But to me, if it's been says to as something.
Speaker 14: At twenty minutes after the hour, right after this you're listening morning.
Speaker 7: Show attention, Steve Harvey Nation.
Speaker 14: We've teamed up with Resorts World Las Vegas to give away a two night romantic giveaway to Las Vegas. This romantic getaway includes round trip coach airfare and a two night hotel stay at Resorts World Las Vegas, two passes to a Wanna Spa, and dinner for two at FUHU, Las Vegas for contemporary Asian cuisine. You can enter now and get rules at Steve HARVEYFM dot com. It is sponsored by Resorts World, Las Vegas. That's Steve HARVEYFM dot com. It is sponsored by Resorts World Las Vegas. That's Steve HARVEYFM dot com for all the info.
Speaker 7: All right, good luck everybody, Yeah Vegas.
Speaker 14: The popularity of pickleball has been great for getting people into exercising and being more active, especially seniors. But as many doctors will agree, it's also been very good for their business because they're treating a lot of pickleball injuries. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, bone fracture related to pickleball are up two hundred percent over the past twenty years. Ninety two percent of these factors are a result of falling. The most common pickleball injuries are sprained ankles, knee injuries, and a worsening of arthritis.
Speaker 7: Women, especially those.
Speaker 14: Over sixty five, are more likely than men to suffer a pickleball injury.
Speaker 3: The thing with pickleball is if you haven't made any settin movements in a while, you can't go out there and just do that and a not stretch and get into some type of functional training.
Speaker 1: That's you will go out there and it hurt yourself.
Speaker 3: You have pickleball, it's a sport that's if you haven't done anything in a while.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 8: It's shocking, man, right, you ain't cook in twenty years? Wouldn't I tell you made a cut?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 14: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around.
Speaker 1: Would you rather?
Speaker 7: Right after this?
Speaker 14: You're listening hardy Morning show? It is time now for would you rather? Would you rather permanently solve all your financial problems? Or would you rather solve all of your health problems?
Speaker 1: Health? Yeah? Hell health man? About that money? Okay, you'll sick to ask that ten million?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Would you rather have eight fingers or eight toes?
Speaker 1: Pick toes? But I don't know what kind of shoes I'm from?
Speaker 14: The hair?
Speaker 1: Well, you're well but a nine right now? You probably like eleven. We on the other hand, sitting up here in this day, I thirteen. I'm a.
Speaker 14: Would you rather have everyone know all the details of your sex life? Or would you rather everyone know all the details of your finance?
Speaker 1: Now you come on your sex? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: What yourself? All? Y'all gonna need there.
Speaker 12: Everybody on this show.
Speaker 1: You ain't going through my paper though? All right, Well, either way it go.
Speaker 11: We're gonna have to go to therapy, your finances. We're gonna have to go to therapy, hey, or be junky.
Speaker 4: I don't want the visual of of the sex life details.
Speaker 14: Would you rather never get married? Or would you rather get married but divorced every single time?
Speaker 1: I just don't want to get married, get married and get divorced every.
Speaker 7: Single time, every single time.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm done. Every other time.
Speaker 3: All I gotta do is divorce this one. I'd be clean sweet. That ain't nothing to me, No, sir, my as ain't gonna be happy.
Speaker 7: That's what the miles. They tell you can have.
Speaker 3: This till death. Do you probably well? As soon as I feel like I'm dying. Don't you had this here?
Speaker 1: You had that now?
Speaker 3: I'll send you this here and I'll pay you that.
Speaker 1: No all you.
Speaker 3: Brother get get your voice every time you get that.
Speaker 1: That's what I did.
Speaker 5: Time at the time.
Speaker 14: Would you rather no no regrets? Would you rather get teased with hot wax? Or would you rather get teased with ice?
Speaker 1: Cue? Hot cold hot wax? Ice? Cu Uh huh, I'd be cold plunging. Ain't nothing sexy about that? Hot way?
Speaker 3: All right, that's hot hot, I'll tell.
Speaker 7: You that's today, man.
Speaker 3: I I had a lady did a hot wax treating it on my foot in Chicago once at a Medic's like a kick that lady.
Speaker 14: Joel around the wood. You rather coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour. It is our last break of the day, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 14: Here we are our last break of the day, guys on this Thursday. Now, Steve, before we get out of here, we do have one more caller for you.
Speaker 3: You want to hear it if it ain't too shock and I have a closing Okay, all right, let's see it.
Speaker 15: All right, here we go, Good morning, mister Harvey and crew. I just wanted to say to you, mister Harvey, you are one hundred percent correct. You continue with your closing remark, sweetheart, because you surely helped me. And I don't know. It has to be the spirit of God because when you said open up the door, and I get it myself, but people never want to be responsible for their party, and I live my life like this. It's an open book, so you'll never have to say, oh, you were a people. Oh a liar, you were all of those things. Yes I was, But glory to God, I'm not there any longer. And if people go to God in the spirit and in truth, truth, things are kid they will have to confess who, when, what they are, and what part they played in it. Because trust me, if you believe in God, it may not understand why your head to be homeless while your head to be this and that. But in the buy and by you will understand it. I love that, and I love ste Party and don't you ever stop. I am your biggest number one thing. At sixty five years old, I've never missed hearing you all and I loved you all. But Steve Party, you are want to appointed by God. Everybody, get ready to give, Ready to give?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 15: I love you, Steve Bye.
Speaker 7: Man, I love you at the end.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you coming in. Yeah, you need to lay off the lucky strikes.
Speaker 12: Though you gave yourself a chance.
Speaker 1: Lucky strikes on Marbro.
Speaker 3: But you know I appreciate what she said, yes, because that kind of leads to my close remarks. You know what, man, I want to remind people of to give yourself a chance. I think about that. Give yourself a chance, and the best way to give yourself a chance, you can never ever give up. I don't care how old you are. I don't care what the situation is. I don't care what thiss set you. I don't care what's lying in front of you. Give yourself a chance. You know a lot of the ways I've learned to give myself a chance. When God has allowed me to get past something, I stay past it. I stop letting people drag me back to my past so I can stay in a position to fit their narrative.
Speaker 1: I stop letting.
Speaker 3: People tell me about what I remember that time you did that. I remember too, I remember all that too. Forgive yourself a chance to grow, and to grow, you got to go. You got to move forward.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: Man, y'all could look online and see evidence of this everywhere that this example I'm about to give you is truth. Have you ever heard somebody that just keep rehashing what happened to them over and over and over and over again, and keep blaming somebody else for what happened to them over.
Speaker 1: And over and over and over. You know what happens. It stunts your growth.
Speaker 3: Man, You, Bishop Jake said, You can't drive your car looking in the rear view mirror. You gotta get your eyes in that windshield. Man, listen to me. Man, if God has got you past something, then move on.
Speaker 1: Look it.
Speaker 3: Then it's not gonna always work out the way you wanted to. But it's over though, And in everything that happens to you, there's a valuable lesson. There is a lesson, and there is a blessing, and you got to get both of those.
Speaker 1: I've said it a thousand times on this show.
Speaker 3: Behind every moment of adversity, there is a lesson and there is a blessing, and you got to get hold of both of those and move forward. Man, stop bringing up, to stop living in the past. You got the same narrative every time you see this person, the same narrative, over and over and over.
Speaker 1: You did me wrong, you did this to me. But it's over.
Speaker 3: Man, give yourself a chance by not laying in the mud when God then clearly got the mud off of you, but you keep pulling it back in. Give yourself a chance. Man, listen to me. When people are around you to constantly bring up your past, remove yourself from your people. I learned man, I was who I was. But I am who I am and I'm cool with both us. Oh yeah, did I make some mistakes in my life? Of course I made a bunch of them, and some of the decisions I thought was right, And looking back on them, I can see how wrong they were. But based on the information I had and the maturity level I was at at that point in time, I was making what I thought was an okay decision.
Speaker 1: Well, looking back on it, man, don't you see that? Sometimes Man, it just wasn't the right thing to do. But guess what your group? Your group?
Speaker 3: And that's what failure is about. Failure is a wonderful teacher because it gives you an experience. That's what failure does. That's what adversity does. It gives you an experience. See, you got to look at it right way. When you get into a situation and you feel like you buried under this situation, have you ever thought that you wasn't buried? Have you ever thought that maybe God is planting me? Sometimes you ain't buried. Sometimes you plant it. Everything that comes about the ground, you see, that's good and beautiful. It had dirt on it at one point in time. Every flower, every tree, every bush, every hubery, every.
Speaker 1: Fruit tree, it had dirt on it at one time.
Speaker 3: Because God knows that dirt is salt and fertilized.
Speaker 1: It provides nutrients, and.
Speaker 3: That seed got to push through it to grow and become what you meant to be. That dirt is fertilized, of y'all, it ain't just dirt. And everything got to push through the dirt to grow to be what they come to be. You gotta understand that, man, So y'all give yourself a chance. Don't ever ever give Those are my clothes remarks. So God, we'll seey'all tomorrow. Okay, y'all stay at peace, work.
Speaker 8: For all.
Speaker 14: Steve Harvey Contests No purchase necessary, voidwaar prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com.
Speaker 9: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show