Speaker 1: Well, Jermaine dupri has something to say to everyone clowning him over his choice of wardrobe during the Super Bowl. During the halftime show, he posted a close up picture of the five hundred and sixty five dollars Louis Vuitton pocket socks he wore, with a caption that said, in part quote, so I'm just really seeing y'all got me messed up, But I will say it's funny as hell. You yo, yo at Pharrell, You see this yoh. Jermaine has since deleted that post, posting up a new one showing a close up of his socks next to a screenshot of Usher dominating the top songs of the Apple Music R and B Slash Soul charts. In the new caption, he wrote, you want to talk about the socks, Let's talk about it. I got five songs in the top ten.
Speaker 2: You want. But he didn't say for real dressed. He didn't say that. I don't care if they ask him my wina sock. I'm not. I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not wearing the shell socks with the shouts. I just you know, I mean, it was funny. I like Jermaine Dupris, that's crazy choice of ward. It ain't the socks, it's just the water. The outfit was everything. You know, if he'd woke just some longer pants.
Speaker 2: We would have never the We couldn't see the he was gonna see.
Speaker 3: That's the hark in the socks. He thought them socks was just hot. But see if no, they wasn't.
Speaker 2: Surely they tain't cute. They look crazy grown.
Speaker 4: This man.
Speaker 3: And my granddaughter was going to east the service with them socks on. Boy, that's what this lady yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'll say it. I said, what the hell did you main to prehend on? This lady?
Speaker 3: Shout it out church socks or I could.
Speaker 2: Breathe all right.
Speaker 1: Another entertainment news, according to Yahoo dot com, Shannon Sharp has announced that he and Mike Apps will meet at the NBA All Star Game the weekend to speak and settle their differences. On this past Monday, of course, Sharp took social media to share that he and Mike Apps have been in correspondence and agreed to have a quote man to man conversation in hopes of ending the brewing dispute between the two. Shannon posted on x which of course used to be Twitter formerly Twitter, in part we both realized the situation could have been should have been handled differently.
Speaker 2: I apologize to.
Speaker 1: My family, friends, loved ones, and my fans.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: They're meeting this.
Speaker 2: See, that's the way it ought to go.
Speaker 3: If you a man and you got problem with another man and you find out about it and meet with the man and talk to the man about get it off social media.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing about it. Man.
Speaker 3: Look, if I'm a man, I got a problem with you, I'm gonna come to you. Don't go on social media, man, Like just look, man, just come to me as a man. And if you can't come to me as a man, then you you lose my respect. I got respect for Mike and Shannon if they gonna squash it like that. And I'm telling you that we are crippling ourselves with.
Speaker 1: This social media.
Speaker 3: And we are we are our greatest enemies on social media doing it. We are only race doing it. Bro, we got to stop doing each other like this. Man and we and we are so pervasive with it that I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: YouTube and came up with an.
Speaker 3: AI channel to target black celebrities because they are looking at the algorithm rhythms and they are going Wow, nobody spends more time online, clicks and all this here than black people. Let's do this tour and we're sitting up in here. We are such willing participants in the destruction of one another. It's a sad state were in today, man, And we need to check ourselves because we're hurting ourselves now.
Speaker 2: They don't even need the clan no more.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, wow, no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm no listen to me. I promise you.
Speaker 3: We are doing more damage to ourselves than the clan can do to us, because at least we know who they are and where they're coming from. But we inside each other's lives, each other. Yes, this is a very dangerous thing for us as black people, man, and we have got to wake up to this because.
Speaker 2: We're doing it to ourselves. Just what you can't get mad at white folks on this one?
Speaker 1: This is all.
Speaker 2: This is us on this one. Uh all right?
Speaker 1: Finally, Steven Entertainment News, a country radio station based in Oklahoma, came under fire for rejecting a listener's request to play Beyonce's new single Texas Hold Them, one of two new country singles she released after a surprise Super Bowl commercial on Sunday, the listener was told we don't play Beyonce, and the story went viral. The station received backlash and they addressed the issue by claiming that was a generic response to the listener, and the station is actually excited that Beyonce has crossed over into country music. No fix it, So yeah, yeah, they fixed it right now.
Speaker 2: Properties speak country music stations.
Speaker 3: Stations don't play beyond. That's what they mean by genera. But they're playing that damn song right now.
Speaker 2: Take it out.
Speaker 4: You get on that mic one more time and you say what you say. I tell you right now, you ain't gonna be working here. You get on there one more one more time. Say that game by Beyoncey she wants, she wants the best things out there, and we ain't gonna message what we got going.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of generic racism out there, a lot. MTV did it for years. Oh yes, we don't play black music. They did it for a year. It one for Michael Jack. Wouldn't he be on MTV? I was there for that.
Speaker 2: Too, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, glad they're playing her song now. Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show