Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that just developed the solution to get rid of your bed bugs. For forty dollars, you can buy a canister of bed spiders.
Speaker 2: When you release those.
Speaker 1: Into your mattress credits and they'll be all the bugs up in there. After that, you need to house them in the bed permanently, and they're really good cud loose.
Speaker 3: This eight lates yeah.
Speaker 1: Full hug ever, because it's Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. Those other Tarantia little spoons just this first Laser Stories out of Michigan. Twenty six year old man named Tucker Buford broke into a building the other night.
Speaker 2: He thought it was empty, but just in case it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a knife with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As Tucker began trying to crack open the ATM with the knife.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was like going to be a deserted building mission, he heard voices and that's when two Corrections deputies walked around the corner and saw him. Those are the worst people for him to run into.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out Tucker Buford had unknowingly just broken into the lobby of the local county jail.
Speaker 3: Wow, in there, you know, in case.
Speaker 2: You need to like post bail and pay in.
Speaker 3: All cash take checks.
Speaker 1: Probably no, you never get ten thousand dollars out of.
Speaker 2: It, So get a buddy out.
Speaker 3: I was just going to bring in iou and.
Speaker 2: Then I'll take those. But they noticed that he had the knife, which.
Speaker 1: Tucker tried to hide immediately under his hat.
Speaker 3: That's good, threatened them.
Speaker 1: The knife fell out, so the deputies just backed off and hit a button, trapping him inside out by locking the exterior doors electronically, which was possible because well, like I said, it's a jail, it's a jail. So eventually more cops came and when they opened the doors, they arrested him. Tucker was escorted to his cell, which just happened to be right down the hallway he delivered.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you think he gets time off just because he saved them on transportation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna knock a thousand buns of your gas money.
Speaker 2: The Stories out of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Two seventeen year olds were just awarded the first ever athletic scholarships to play Division one.
Speaker 2: Yes cornhole.
Speaker 3: Drinking game actual college sport. I thought it was so hard. I thought it was just a frat boy yard game, if.
Speaker 1: You know, the one where you toss the bean bag and you have to get it into the hole far away. So their names are Jackson Remick and Gavin Hammond. They went to thunder Ridge High School near Denver, which apparently has a strong cornhole program.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: A lot of bride in their corn hole. They're obviously cornhole prodigies. And they won the first ever high school championship together in twenty twenty one, and then another a year LATERY.
Speaker 3: I didn't know competition was that stiff.
Speaker 1: On National Signing Day, they penned letters of intent to play D one corn hole for Winthrop University in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, they.
Speaker 1: Have a national signing day like footballforms for that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Are we getting signed for beer pong next?
Speaker 1: The school hasn't said how much the scholarship is for, but it's not a full ride Okay. The new coach at Winthrop though things full ride scholarships for cornhole could happen eventually.
Speaker 3: Wow, what does a coach do? Like, Hey, you're holding your army wrong?
Speaker 1: So how many times I tell you throwing in the hole, Thanks coach.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try that next time.
Speaker 1: And these types of stories almost make me want to go back.
Speaker 2: To school and get back to corn hole.
Speaker 1: And again, I mean I still dabble in cornhole, but not professionally.
Speaker 3: I was pretty good at Jenga. You know, can you think we could put that on the lists? Cornhole?
Speaker 2: We're moving on. We're gonna go to our next lazer story.
Speaker 1: Out of the Netherlands, a delta flight from Amsterdam to Detroit had to return to its home base for a pretty unnerving reason.
Speaker 2: Oh no, hopefully you're sitting down before I say this.
Speaker 1: Apparently maggots were falling on people from the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Maggot, It's true.
Speaker 1: Less than an hour into the flight, the crew was forced to turn the airbus A three point thirty around because a passenger decided to stow their suitcase full of rotten fish in the overhead.
Speaker 2: They clean the plane. How does you know it smell that like that?
Speaker 3: I can't bring a little bit more toothpaste, but he could bring a whole bag of rotten fish.
Speaker 1: That's when the little maggots started getting out of the bag and falling onto the passengers.
Speaker 2: Seated in the ecount.
Speaker 1: There wasn't much flight attendants could really do either, because if they moved the bag, they feared even more spill it, So the passengers were reportedly given blankets to cover their heads as they had to endure the forty five minute nightmare landing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the closest airport.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the only time where you're like, maybe if we crash, it wouldn't be so bad.
Speaker 2: At least the maggots will burn too.
Speaker 1: Once on the ground, everyone deeplaned and the suitcase was put into a special bag to be burned.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The guy too was like, can I at least like see if one of the fishes.
Speaker 2: I caught.
Speaker 1: The aircraft was deep cleaned and then reboarded, but the flight crew was disappointed that only one person chose to get back on.
Speaker 2: No one wants to get on the maggot plane.
Speaker 3: The maggot wagon.
Speaker 2: It's as they sorways out of Survey World.
Speaker 1: They just did a new study that if you're single and you'll love to travel, Okay, you might want to keep this in mind.
Speaker 2: What state are you most likely to catch? An STD in? Lucky Well implies I'm having sex.
Speaker 3: So I'm still I feel like Florida is going to be way up there just because of the retirement communities. Those retirement communities are randy.
Speaker 1: Researchers looked at stats from the CDC, state and local health groups, and social media surveys as well.
Speaker 2: So here are the results.
Speaker 1: The ten most disease ridden places are Louisiana, North Carolina, Mississippi or New Mexico, South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama. But the clear number one was probably a state you don't associate with this type of thing. Going to get a drum roll.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: None other than the Great State of Alaska.
Speaker 1: Gratulations Alaska, you win the std war.
Speaker 3: I think the menda female ratio is real bad. So if like one woman has it, that at least Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently, no matter what you're doing, you don't want to do anything unprotected in the northernmost state of America.
Speaker 3: That's that's good, Parka and your other cover up.
Speaker 1: The state where you're least likely to catch something is New Hampshire.
Speaker 3: I thought he was going to New Utah. You're just not doing it.
Speaker 1: The rest of the ten cleanest places include West Virginia, Maine, Vermont, Utah right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Idaho is in the cleanest because I moved out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also Wyoming, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you go to California, Jersey, you're good. Good. New Jersey has been getting a bad rep for so long, and finally they make a clean stateless you know.
Speaker 1: As for this guy and his travel experiences with transmitted diseases, actually.
Speaker 2: Pretty clean, well except that one time.
Speaker 1: In Florida when he did get a bad case of turpies. Turpys tell means laser stories have come to an end for the day.
Speaker 2: We'll do it again the same time on Monday
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.