Speaker 1: One eight hundred do U I away now offering free remote consultations by phone or video conference for any criminal offense. Trust Brook, Jeffrey and Jose's friends with a free remote consultation from Bradley Johnson Lawyers. Visit one eight hundred DOUI away dot com or call eight hundred do you y Away.
Speaker 2: We rarely do this on the show because we have listeners everywhere, all across the country and around the globe, so we tend to edit out any local references from calls them. Well, it's further benefit because a lot of people they wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about. But this call is different. We're going deep into Florida. That's right. It's a Florida tap with a woman who has an Etsy business where she collects coconuts, paints them, and then sells them online.
Speaker 3: Normal Florida stuff.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and one of our listeners told us that she does this and said please mess with her big time. So that's gonna be Brooks job in your phone tap right now?
Speaker 4: Another morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Lauren Ky.
Speaker 4: This is she Who's this?
Speaker 5: It's Valerie Shitsu from the Florida Wildlife Commission. Okay, are a tough person to get a hold of. I've actually come by your house a few times, but no one's ever home.
Speaker 4: How do you know where I live? And why are you coming to my house?
Speaker 3: Are you evading us?
Speaker 4: Why would I evade you? What are you talking about? What do you want?
Speaker 3: Figured? You played dumb?
Speaker 4: Excuse you?
Speaker 5: Well, it's come to our attention that you've been going around collecting coconuts and wow, so you admit it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the problem with that? They're coconuts that is falling on the ground.
Speaker 3: I had no idea it was gonna be like this.
Speaker 4: So am I in trouble for speaking of rotting coconuts off the floor? What's the problem?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're gonna downplay it. I see. Yeah, you are in trouble. You're in big trouble in fact.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're laughing at.
Speaker 3: This like it's nothing.
Speaker 5: Most people know this, and hopefully you're not one of those that pretends to act dumb.
Speaker 4: I'm not dumb at all. Believe me. I've been doing this for years. There's no problem with collecting running coconuts off the floor.
Speaker 5: Then you should know that you just violated an endangered species law here in Florida.
Speaker 4: Coconuts are not endangered species. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, duh, coconuts aren't animals, lady, We're talking about the rats that eat the coconuts.
Speaker 4: What rats are endangered?
Speaker 3: Manates? Rats and bottled nosed dolphins.
Speaker 4: Are you're all on the list?
Speaker 3: Look it up?
Speaker 4: Are you? Rats and bottlemo dolphins? Those go together in a category? What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You knowingly violated Florida law by taking away the rats natural food supply of rotting coconuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no I don't know if endangered rats. Yes, there's no endangered rats that I'm aware of.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know what your situation is.
Speaker 5: But where I come from, and I've lived here a long time, rats are revered. In fact, we call them the ground eagles, the sewer.
Speaker 4: I don't care what they're called. They're rack and if they really are protective, they shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: I see you're one of them, all right, one of them. Let me ask you this, Actually, let me ask you this. Have you ever cuddled a rat?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that that's disgusting? They're unsanitary.
Speaker 3: I have a right a lot.
Speaker 5: In fact, I've got a dozen at my home and we watch Wheel of Fortune every night, just snuggle up together.
Speaker 4: Why am I not surprised to hear that?
Speaker 5: And it makes me angry, deep deep hatren you to find out someone is taking away my baby's food source. Oh my god, how would you like it if I starve your baby?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? That is not the same thing.
Speaker 5: It hurts?
Speaker 3: It hurts, doesn't it?
Speaker 4: It doesn't hurt me. This is stupid.
Speaker 3: What are you even doing with these coconuts?
Speaker 4: Well, for your information, I'm an artist and I paint them and I sell them on Etsy and it does very well, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: What you just admitted that you're stealing the food supply from tidy little rattlings and selling it illegally over the internet.
Speaker 4: I'm fealing anything. I'm correcting coconuts that fall on the ground, which.
Speaker 5: Many people just need to take a note here, because we're going to be tacking on commercial trafficking charges as well, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: He me a freaking break, lady. You don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna get to the nitty gritty here and I'm gonna find you actually.
Speaker 3: What yeah, find me? Yep?
Speaker 5: I have all the evidence I need, and that fine will be ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Are you joking ten thousand dollars for picking up rotten coconuts?
Speaker 5: Well, it's actually your lucky day because it's either that ten thousand dollars fine or eight hundred hours of mandatory community service.
Speaker 4: What picking up tracks? Now what I'm doing already with your hug yuts.
Speaker 5: No, you'll be rehabilitating rats at the Everglade Rodent Rehabilitation Center.
Speaker 3: Is that? Yeah? Duh, okay, duh.
Speaker 4: This is not a big deal. Everybody does this.
Speaker 3: That's where it starts, taking coconuts from rats. Next thing you know, people will be calling for the public execution of Mickey Mouse. Is that what you want?
Speaker 4: Taking coconuts from rats?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: That's what you're calling this.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: And I believe it, and your friend Josie believes it, and everybody here at this radio station where you just got set up for a prank phone call believes it as well.
Speaker 4: Joffy, are you serious?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is actually Brooke from the radio station, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's evil.
Speaker 5: You can blame Josie, She said, Apparently your coconut Etsy page is really taking off.
Speaker 3: But I want to ask, at the expense of what and who's life.
Speaker 4: Should I sail the rest?
Speaker 3: You are evil?
Speaker 5: Wake Up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, brooking Jeffrey in the morning,