Speaker 1: All right, you found us on a Friday. Welcome to the podcast, Alexis.
Speaker 2: How many five hour energy bottles did you count in the trash can? I think it was eleven?
Speaker 3: Oh guys, fifty five hour energy?
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 2: Let's just hope Jeffrey's heart doesn't explode. It's his fuel for his parody song.
Speaker 1: Today's song of the week is in well today's podcast.
Speaker 2: There it goes. Let's start it now.
Speaker 5: We've got some late breaking, fist shaking news. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And my host may remember this from last week. That Frenchman named Richard Claude, the guy who built that twenty foot four tall model of the Eiffel Tower using seven hundred thousand match sticks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Machticks guy.
Speaker 1: But then he worked with the match stick company and got special ones made.
Speaker 5: If you haven't seen it, it's up on our Insta stories at Broken Jeffrey, go see the picture. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: It's actually a pretty crazy story when you're talking about matches.
Speaker 5: Because you didn't hear it. He got rejected by the Guinness World Records for using the wrong kind of matches.
Speaker 2: Not available commercially.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well they didn't have the sulfur heads on tip of them, which is what you're supposed to use. Basically, wasted eight whole years of his life. Whooa over four thousand, two hundred man hours building this thing, only to have Guinness saying nope, doesn't count.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Would we be talking about him if they immediately like like cool.
Speaker 4: You would not have Ye'd be talking about him. It was like cool broke the record.
Speaker 5: Guinness came out with a statement saying they may have been a little heavy handed in the rules for this particular case, so it sounded logical. Well, they agreed to go take a second look, and they had more experts show up to examine the structure.
Speaker 2: How many magic experts can there be?
Speaker 5: There's more than you think. And the result is he used the wrong glue too. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: They awarded him the Guinness World Record title.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on, why have we come back? It helped you out.
Speaker 5: We're gonna work on that next. But ask for Richard. He says, quote. The whole ordeal has been an emotional roller coaster, but it's important to know that he never once lost hope.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: That's how I feel going into our shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 8: Lots and lots.
Speaker 5: Of critics out there about our own digital Jake, but I never lose hope. I always think he's gonna pull through, prove him wrong.
Speaker 2: That was quite the backhanded compliment, Jake.
Speaker 5: It's the critics, not me.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll do my best. We have, on average, eighty years to live on this earth, and frankly, I'm not sure the four of you are taking advantage of it. I agree, we spend most of our time here working on Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what we do. I want to say this is like a T shirt company, Oh yeah, we do have T shirts. Were a tank top factory?
Speaker 5: Oh maybe a crop top for like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Whatever it is we do, it's not important. What is important is that we make the most of the time we have left and go out there to experience and do things that our Instagram followers can be proud of.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 8: That's why today you'll have to tell me the top twenty most popular bucket list items in a Mortality Reckoning after Life Beckon edition of blenty of twenty. As always, and you guess the number one answer. You got that silver Sane in your back pocket. Okay, let's start with the person who proudly uses a bucket as a bathroom at her family's log cabin.
Speaker 2: That's you gotta remember to clean that thing out, though. I'll tell you what time my dad left it over the week.
Speaker 5: We don't need the rest bucket list.
Speaker 2: It's called the chamber pot.
Speaker 5: Just what's on your bucket list?
Speaker 2: Skydiving?
Speaker 1: Show me skydiving, guy diving Number four on my list.
Speaker 2: Next up is Alexis as a runner.
Speaker 10: I've never understood it, but the amount of people I meet they want to run a marathon, and.
Speaker 5: No one actually wants to run it. They want to be able to brag about running.
Speaker 9: It's not.
Speaker 8: Not hard run a marathon. Number five on my list.
Speaker 2: She ran across country.
Speaker 8: In the Mountain West. That's like barely jo.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go with travel, but if you need a location, let me know.
Speaker 8: Traveling around the world visiting a specific wonder of.
Speaker 2: The world one.
Speaker 1: So we got to cross out all the specifics of the world.
Speaker 8: Okay, Jeffery, it's your turn.
Speaker 5: I almost did this back in college because I thought it'd be really cool, but my mom blocked me from getting a dope tattoo.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. I still want to do.
Speaker 2: What were you going to get? I'm so curious.
Speaker 5: I was going to get my frat letters right about my lower Oh my god, got a joke on my upper back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, God, that was the smartest choice your mom ever made.
Speaker 5: Would be so cool.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, get a tattoo. Number ten on my list.
Speaker 1: We're back to brook Dange.
Speaker 5: Someone with the same last name as you.
Speaker 8: It's not weird.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say bungee jumping. I'm gonna stick to my extreme.
Speaker 8: Sports bungee jumping number twelve on my list. Down, we're over to Alexis.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 10: People like to do like dangerous things too, like that, like maybe swimming with like sharks, Yeah you know, but also more people maybe swim with dolphins because it's less scary.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick with swimming with sharks.
Speaker 8: Swimming with sharks or dolphins number three on.
Speaker 5: My list, more than animals don't have sharks.
Speaker 8: One, three, four, and five. Off the board. Jose, it's your turn and you have the silver save in your pocket.
Speaker 6: I want to say, ride a roller coaster, But I feel like normal people write roller coaster, so I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 4: With the same for it. Wait, no, this is not time to be safe, right, We're gonna say roller coaster.
Speaker 8: Ride a roller coaster did not make the top twenty. It was around the thirties or forties on my list of researching, so it's still is on people's list like many others. I have a silver say you're right and it's Jeffreys turn.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna stick with the theme of things I wanted to do but my mom blocked me getting busy in an airplane. Jake wouldn't let it happen.
Speaker 8: Join the Mile High Club did not make the top twenty. Out, We're back to Brooks.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, climb the Eiffel Tower because you can walk up the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 5: Oh oh scale.
Speaker 8: Without permission. That's the rail way to do it. Climb the Eiffel Tower did not make the top twenty. Brook Is out. We're down to Alexis and jose Next wrong answer loses Alexis. We're of the top twenty most popular bucket list. What do you got for?
Speaker 10: I'm kind of thinking like a life event like get married.
Speaker 5: Some people achieve that multiple times.
Speaker 8: Show off get married and have kids at number nine on the list, So far down, Jose need this to stay alive.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, pursue a career like pursue your dream career.
Speaker 2: Oh, dream job.
Speaker 8: Pursue a dream career. Did not make the top twentye.
Speaker 5: Whose bucket list would be like, I want to work the things you.
Speaker 8: Guys missed on the list. Number two. Learn a foreign language, easy there, number seven, hot air, balloon ride eight, Build or own your dream home eleven, start your own business thirteen, move somewhere far away, fourteen, write a book. Fifteen Meet a particular celebrity or hero. Overcome a fear, invent something new, go back to school, learn an instrument, and learn how to dance. Rounds out the top twenty. So that means Alexis is our winner. Okay, that was plenty plenty.
Speaker 5: All right, Alexis, go to work. You get to choose who gets shocked today. And somebody's gonna be singing by you a drank, by tea pain.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna be oh, Jeff for your terrible tattoo. Yeah, it's embarrassing, and I can guarantee. He's saying this very loud.
Speaker 5: I'm a buy you a drink.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take you home with me.
Speaker 5: I got money in the back, Chuck Collar.
Speaker 9: Question of the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: We're celebrating Valentine's Week here at Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: More Love.
Speaker 5: By the way, make sure to follow our podcast, subscribe and rate it while you're there too, if you really want to show us some love. And there's a brand new dating app that's making news today a little bit different than your typical swipe and match though, okay, because this one is called the Score.
Speaker 2: Oh is this like a hot or not thing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: No, And it's not a hot or not thing. And it's not just a reference to successfully hook and not be scored with that floozy you know you must you have to have at least a six hundred and seventy five credit score even to use it.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 2: It's a credit score.
Speaker 1: Situation, it is, and once you get it's hysterical.
Speaker 5: Once you pass the seven hundred and fifty threshold, even more attractive singles will become available for you to swipe off. God, because you know the old saying, the higher the credit score, the hotter the love it.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: It is confusing, And I have good credit, but I'm like totally unorganized and like, I don't know how I'm alive.
Speaker 1: Give me a financially stable, put together man.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel.
Speaker 4: Like bad credit equals better in the sheet.
Speaker 2: No, no, not anymore good credit.
Speaker 10: You're buying nicer sheet.
Speaker 2: True, I probably actually work for him. Good credit means you're actually washing your sheets, true, or.
Speaker 5: At least hiring someone to do it for you. Basically, this is a dating app only for people with good to excellent credit, and it helps to raise awareness about the importance of finances. And if you're wondering, they do actually check your credit score?
Speaker 2: Oh they do.
Speaker 5: You can't just type a number in and hope that they're gonna believe you, like I'm a nine eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I promise they didn't think that's possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not, but probably is gonna hear from people with some of the lowest credit scores coming up when we do a brand new Laser Stories Judge, Jeff, you know it's true. It's happening it right after this. It's the radio segment that just developed the solution to get rid of your bed bugs. For forty dollars. You can buy a canister of bed spiders. When you release those into your mattress credits and they'll be all the bugs up in there. After that, you need to house them in the bed permanently, really good cuddlers.
Speaker 11: Eight lakes, Yeah, wool hug Ever, because it's Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser.
Speaker 5: Those other Tarantia little spoons just this first Laser Stories out of Michigan. Twenty six year old man named Tucker Buford broke into a building the other night. He thought it was empty, but just in case it wasn't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he had a knife with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah. As Tucker began trying to crack open the ATM with the knife.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought it was going to be a deserted building, he heard voices and that's when two corrections deputies walked around the corner and saw him.
Speaker 2: Those are the worst people for him to run into.
Speaker 5: Well, it turns out Tucker Buford had unknowingly just broken into the lobby of the local county jail.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 5: You know, in case you need to like post bail and pay in.
Speaker 2: All cash take checks.
Speaker 5: Probably, no, you get ten thousand dollars out of it, So get your buddy out.
Speaker 2: I was just going to bring in iou.
Speaker 5: And they don't take those. But they noticed that he had the knife, which Tucker tried to hide immediately under his hat.
Speaker 2: That's good, threatened them.
Speaker 5: The knife fell out, so the deputies just backed off and hit a button, trapping him inside out by locking the exterior doors electronically, which was possible because well, like I said, it's a jail, it's a jail. So eventually more cops came and when they opened the doors, they arrested him. Tucker was escorted to his cell, which just happened to be right down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think he gets time off just because he saved them on transportation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna knock a thousand buns of your cash money. The Stories out of Colorado, two seventeen year olds were just awarded the first ever athletic scholarships to play Division one. Yes, Cornholey, the drinking game.
Speaker 2: Actual college sport. I thought it was so hard. I thought it was just a frat boy yard game, if you know, the.
Speaker 5: One where you toss the bean bag and you have to get it into the hole far away. So their names are Jackson Remick and Gavin Hammond. They went to thunder Ridge High School near Denver, which apparently has a strong cornhole program. I guess a lot of pride and they're cornhole and they're obviously cornhole prodigies. And they won the first ever high school championship together in twenty twenty one, and then another a year later.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know competition was that stiff.
Speaker 5: On National Signing Day, they penned letters of intent to play D one cornhole for Winthrop University in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, they have a national signing day like football.
Speaker 2: As for that, I don't know. Are we getting signed for beer pong next?
Speaker 5: The school hasn't said how much the scholarship is for, but it's not a full ride okay. The new coach at Winthrop, though, thinks full ride scholarships for cornhole could happen eventually.
Speaker 2: What does a coach do, like, Hey, you're holding your army wrong.
Speaker 4: How many times I tell you throw it in the hole?
Speaker 5: Thanks coach, I'm gonna try it next time. And these times the stories almost make me want to go back to school and get back to cornhole. And again, I mean I still dabble in Cornhall, but not professionally.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good at Jenga.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Can you think we could put that on the.
Speaker 1: List getting scholarship Cornhole.
Speaker 5: We're moving on. We're gonna go to our next lazer story. Out of the Netherlands, a delta flight from Amsterdam to Detroit had to return to its home base for a pretty unnerving reason. No, hopefully you're sitting down before I say this. Apparently maggots were falling on people from the ceiler. Oh no, maggot car It's true. Less than an hour into the flight, the crew was forced to turn the airbus A three point thirty around because a passenger decided to stow their suitcase full of rotten fish in the overhead.
Speaker 4: They not cleaned the plane.
Speaker 2: How does you know it smell that like that?
Speaker 3: I can't bring a little bit more toothpaste, but he could bring a whole bag of rotten fishsay's true.
Speaker 5: That's when the little maggots started getting out of the bag and falling onto the passengers seated in the economy said there wasn't much flight attendants could really do either, because if they moved the bag, they feared even more spillitch. So the passengers were reportedly given blankets to cover their heads as they had to endure the forty five minute nightmare landing.
Speaker 4: Oh and yeah, that's the closest airport.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the only time where you're like, maybe if we crash, it wouldn't be so bad.
Speaker 4: At least the magots burn too.
Speaker 5: Once on the ground, everyone deplaned and the suitcase was put into a special bag to be burned. You know.
Speaker 6: The guy too was like, can I at least like see if one of the fishes good.
Speaker 5: The aircraft was deep cleaned and then reboarded, but the flight crew was disappointed that only one person chose to get back on. No one wants to get on the maggot plane.
Speaker 2: The maggot wagon.
Speaker 5: It's a story is out of Survey World. They just did a new study that if you're single and you love to travel, you might want to keep this in mind. What state are you most likely to catch an STD in?
Speaker 6: Lucky Well implies I'm having sex, so I'm still.
Speaker 1: I feel like Florida is going to be way up there just because of the retirement communities.
Speaker 2: Those retirement communities are randy.
Speaker 5: Researchers looked at stats from the CDC, state and local health groups, and social media surveys as well. So here are the results. The ten most disease ridden places are Louisiana, North Carolina, Mississippi, New Mexico, South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama. But the clear number one was probably a state you don't associate with this type of thing. Going to get a drum roll, please, none other than the Great State of Alaska. Congratulations Alaska, you win the std war.
Speaker 2: I think the mend to female ratio is real bad. So if like one woman has it, then at least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well apparently, no matter what you're doing, you don't want to do anything unprotected in the northernmost state of.
Speaker 1: America's that's good, Parka and your other cover.
Speaker 5: The state where you're least likely to catch something is New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to be Utah. You're just not doing it.
Speaker 5: The rest of the ten cleanest places include West Virginia, Maine, Vermont, Utah. Right there, Okay, okay, Idaho is in the cleanest because I moved out. Yeah yeah, there's also Wyoming, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you go to California.
Speaker 4: Jersey, you're good.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 1: New Jersey's been getting a bad rep for so long and finally they make a clean stateless.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: As for this guy and his travel experiences with transmitted diseases, actually pretty clean, well except for that one time in Florida when he did get a bad case of turpies. Turtles means stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Monday.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Why are so many singles flocking to one specific spot in Chicago because they have to download a mystery app once they get there, and that's when the craziness begins. Something very similar is happening in la and according to dating experts, you might see this start happening in cities all over the country. It is the hot new dating trend for people who want to meet the one that everybody is doing. Now, we're going to tell you about it coming up right after this. Are you single and burned out on dating apps? It's brook and Jeffrey in the morning, Well you're not alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we.
Speaker 5: Cover this topic quite a bit here because of the second date calls that we do on the show.
Speaker 1: Not only that Battle of the tender dates, people like go against each other with their worst dating stories.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we have a lot of dating stuff here. But there's something called dating app fatigue, and it's a real thing where people get real tired of swiping and scrolling and chatting online forever and ever and ever.
Speaker 1: I know, I swear that Jose and Alexis are always complaining about dating apps, but that's still kind of on them.
Speaker 2: But then not.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I want you to find love those dating apps. You don't go be out of business if everybody finds love.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: So instead, events like speed dating and singles mixers and other in person group parties are now making a huge comeback. Cool people want to finally get offline and find their potential mate in person.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that speed dating is now a good option.
Speaker 1: It is like when speed dating first came out, people were like, what the hell is it?
Speaker 6: Now young people are like, let me tell you something out of the box yet.
Speaker 1: Person, My god, I've posted so many speed dating events in my radio, and they're so awkward.
Speaker 5: But they're actually getting more creative with these now, Like, for example, in spots around Chicago, they have something called Shuffle speed dating, where you show up to the bar and then once you're in, they send you a photo of a person to your phone. Okay, it's somebody in the bar. You need to go around and find them and just strike up a conversation for five minutes.
Speaker 1: You know, there's at least three people just standing there not looking like their photo.
Speaker 5: They take the photo when you arrive, and then you go find them and it's top for five minutes. Then after five your phone dings to let you know times up, and then you get a prompt to swipe right or left on that person.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 5: Well, that that makes so much more sense to meet them in person than swipe.
Speaker 2: We'll just clear out.
Speaker 5: It's like an uber, like you don't rate them until you go on the ride first.
Speaker 6: And this is good for me because I'll be crying before she swipes right.
Speaker 2: And after Oh that's good because she does it in person. Now her, it's just a little bit more because you're.
Speaker 4: Looking for me, Like, Okay, my guy's crying by himself.
Speaker 5: Then they'll send you a new photo of a different person after that to go find in the bar. So it's kind of like a love scavenger hunt for the whole night.
Speaker 2: So you're getting the backups of the people that didn't get swiped.
Speaker 5: Right on, Alexis. Would you go to a singles event like that one? Assuming all the drinks are free for you and there's the bathrooms of your friends.
Speaker 2: You can't ever say that drinks are free. She'll go to anything. It was a bad question, especially with the drinks.
Speaker 5: There's another popular dating event in La called Game Night Socials, where singles are meeting up at this giant warehouse with tables of different games, like like they have Jenga at one table, Cards Against Humanity, They've got Mario Kart set up, and they're all.
Speaker 1: Simple games so you don't have to spend twenty minutes learning the rules exactly.
Speaker 5: So when you go around playing them as you meet new people, and that's that's to see if you have a connection that way.
Speaker 2: Would you do that one, Jose?
Speaker 6: I think I would, But it's dangerous that they have video games incorporated, because I would just be on Mario Kart and then I would have hoard the games, and then I'd be telling everyone how to play the game alone.
Speaker 5: Probably get a little competitive start calling them.
Speaker 4: I'm like, look, I'm a streamer following me on kids.
Speaker 2: It sounded fun, Intel Jose with.
Speaker 5: You now back to crying host in front of the Mario.
Speaker 4: I'll go back to the first event.
Speaker 5: Experts are saying attendance that these in person events has grown forty two percent in the last year, and it's even higher now than it was pre pandemic.
Speaker 4: Dude, I wonder why it is the burnout that's gotta be it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, people are sick of the dayd hold back the hot people too for money.
Speaker 2: Actually, so you think game Night's gonna pull out all the audies.
Speaker 5: But another huge thing that's blowing up are athletic dating events.
Speaker 4: Oh this sounds like.
Speaker 5: Pickleball dating meetups. Those are up one hundred and sixty three percent. Even spin class mixers one hundred and thirty five percent.
Speaker 2: Is that worse?
Speaker 6: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: Go to spin class that is like it's dark, the music is so loud.
Speaker 5: I guess maybe the bikes are like facing directly at each other and you pedal for a mile and then switch one bike to the left, heavily breathing online dating. Sorry, let me clip for a second. Now you might be wondering, Okay, so how are all the dating apps dealing with the shift?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are they trying to get into events now because of it?
Speaker 5: Well, you think about it, they were getting There's millions and millions of people signing up to their apps just a couple of years ago, and now the numbers are slumping. Okay, like match Group, which is the people who own like Tinder and Sexy Dyslexics, all the popular that you gotta want to find real man. But since hitting their peek back in twenty twenty one, stock shares for those apps have lost eighty percent of their value. Same with Bumble down eighty percent.
Speaker 1: I wonder the Bubble owner just sold her like she's out, She's.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm done, take your billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Because everybody's saying there's so many people on the apps now that everybody kind of starts to look and talk the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean kind I mean because everyone's using chat, GPT, probably bios.
Speaker 4: Each other up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all using the same filters.
Speaker 2: On the photos too, So exactly.
Speaker 5: The apps are also shifting and they're trying to create in person events. Now we're weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we are going back to full circle.
Speaker 5: Like bumble just launched. Bumble Irl encourages singles to chat with people in person at community service outings.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a cool one where you volunteer, then you meet people.
Speaker 5: There, go pick up some trash off the freeway, then pick up a date on your way home.
Speaker 1: I'd be careful of that because not all the people picking up trash everyway are.
Speaker 2: Free people and dates and days people.
Speaker 5: Let's not get too picky, but people are dating like it's nineteen eighty eight. Again, We're in person is officially the way to do it. Now, meeting online you're almost ick.
Speaker 1: So maybe we'll go back even further and you'll start having your dad trade cows for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, arrange a marriage that way?
Speaker 5: Is that what you want?
Speaker 13: Brooke?
Speaker 2: I mean, how full circle?
Speaker 5: This was gonna go totally full circle. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: We rarely do this on the show because we have listeners everywhere, all across the country and around the globe, so we tend to edit out any local references from calls. Well, it's further benefit because a lot of people they wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about. But this call is different. We're going deep into Florida. That's right. It's a Florida tap with a woman who has an Etsy business where she collects coconuts, paints them, and then sells them online.
Speaker 2: Normal Florida stuff.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and one of our listeners told us that she does this and said, please mess with her big time. So that's gonna be Brooks job in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 9: It's another.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Lauren Ky.
Speaker 13: This is she.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 1: It's Valerie Shitsu from the Florida Wildlife Commission. Okay, are a tough person to get a hold of. I've actually come by your house a few times, but no one's ever home.
Speaker 7: How do you know where I live? And why are you coming to my house?
Speaker 2: Are you evading us?
Speaker 7: Why would I evade you? What are you talking about? What do you want?
Speaker 2: Figured you played dumb?
Speaker 7: Excuse you?
Speaker 1: Well, it's come to our attention that you've been going around collecting coconuts and wow, so you admit it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the problem with that? They're coconuts that it's falling on the ground.
Speaker 2: I had no idea it was gonna be like this.
Speaker 7: So am I in trouble for speaking of rotting coconuts off the floor. What's the problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna downplay it. I see, Yeah, you are in trouble. You're in big trouble in fact.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're laughing at this.
Speaker 2: Like it's nothing.
Speaker 1: Most people know this, and hopefully you're not one of those that pretends to.
Speaker 9: Um.
Speaker 7: I'm not dumb at all.
Speaker 13: Believe me.
Speaker 7: I've been doing this for years. There's no problem with collect running coconuts off the floor.
Speaker 1: Then you should know that you just violated an endangered species law here in Florida.
Speaker 7: Coconuts are not endangered species. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, duh, coconuts aren't animals, lady. Ye're talking about the rats that eat the coconuts.
Speaker 7: What rats are endangered?
Speaker 2: Manates, rats, and bottled nosed dolphins. Are you They're all on the list? Look it up?
Speaker 7: Are you? Rats and bottlemlo dolphins? Those go together in a category. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You knowingly violated Florida law by taking away the rats natural food supply of rotting coconuts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's no. I don't know if endangered rats. Yes, there's no endangered rats that I'm aware of.
Speaker 2: For really, I don't know what your situation is.
Speaker 1: But where I come from, and I've lived here a long time, rats are revered.
Speaker 2: In fact, we call them the ground eagles of the sewer.
Speaker 7: I don't care what they're called, their rats, And if they really are protected, they shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: I see you're one of them, all right, one of them. Let me ask you this, actually, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Have you ever cuddled a rat?
Speaker 7: Of course that that's disgusting. They're unsanitary. I have a right explained a lot.
Speaker 1: In fact, I've got a dozen at my home and we watch Wheel of Fortune every night, just snuggle up together.
Speaker 7: Why am I not surprised to hear that?
Speaker 2: And it makes me angry?
Speaker 3: Deep deep haatron you to find out someone is taking away my baby's food source?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how would you like it if I starve your baby?
Speaker 7: What are you talking about? That is not the same thing.
Speaker 2: It hurts, It hurts, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: It doesn't hurt me. This is stupid.
Speaker 2: What are you even doing with these coconuts.
Speaker 7: Well, for your information, I'm an artist and I paint them and I sell them on Etsy and it does very well, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: What you just admitted that you're stealing the food supply from tidy little rattlings and selling it illegally over the internet.
Speaker 7: I'm all stealing anything. I'm correcting coconuts that fall on the ground, which.
Speaker 1: Many people just need to take note here, because we're going to be tacking on commercial trafficking charges as well, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: Heave me a freaking break, lady. You don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna get to the nitty gritty here and I'm gonna find you actually.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, find me yep.
Speaker 1: I have all the evidence I need and that fine will be ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Are you joking ten thousand dollars for picking up rotten coconuts?
Speaker 1: Well, it's actually your lucky day, because it's either that ten thousand dollars fine or eight hundred hours of mandatory community service.
Speaker 7: What picking up tracks like what I'm doing already with your hugs.
Speaker 1: No, you'll be rehabilitating rats at the Everglade Rodent Rehabilitation Center.
Speaker 2: Is that yeah, duh, Okay, duh.
Speaker 7: This is not a big deal. Everybody does this.
Speaker 3: That's where it starts taking coconuts from rats. Next thing, you know, people will be calling for the public execution of Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: Is that what you want?
Speaker 7: Taking coconuts from rats? Is that? Really? That's what you're calling this.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: And I believe it, and your friend Josie believes it, and everybody here at this radio station where you just got set up for a prank phone call believes it as well.
Speaker 7: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is actually Brooke from the radio station. Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Evil, you can.
Speaker 2: Blame Josie, she said.
Speaker 3: Apparently your Coconut etsya page is really taking off.
Speaker 1: But I want to ask at the expense of what and who's life should I fail?
Speaker 7: The rest?
Speaker 2: You are evil?
Speaker 9: Wake up? Every morning was funk taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Brook. Before you finally met your husband, how many dates do you think you went on with other men? And I know I constantly say this, but again, you can't count family members. Well maybe for.
Speaker 2: You that brings the number way.
Speaker 5: I bring it up because one of our listeners has had the goal to find a guy that she can marry, and how many dates has it taken her to get to that point? One hundred now two hundred. I know she's actually been counting, and we were all shocked when she told us the total number of dates that she's been on to lead her to this point. But she's hoping this last one might finally be it. We're gonna try and help her out in your second date Update, next second Date Updated. We get a lot of email submissions for second dates on this show. Something just jumped out about one from a woman named Bonnie and had nothing to do with her actual date though. Huh oh, make sure you're sitting down for this, because Bonnie says she has been on the dating apps now for almost two decades, decades longer than longer than Alexis has been alive.
Speaker 2: Basically, literally sids have been around that long. I mean like match and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, like online dating has been a thing.
Speaker 2: For that long.
Speaker 5: Thank you for confirming what she said.
Speaker 2: She's lying.
Speaker 5: I don't know why anybody would admit to that in an email. It's kind of a quadruple red flag.
Speaker 1: Well maybe she's had a lot of relationships from these things over the twenty years.
Speaker 5: Sure, hopefully she didn't say that on the date to the guy, though, I need to ask her, Bonnie, are you there?
Speaker 14: Hey, I'm here.
Speaker 5: So let me just start the guy that you went out with. We'll get his name in a second. But did you tell him that you've been actively on the dating app since the turn of the millennia?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 14: I thought it's an interesting fun fact about me. Like I've actually kept count the entire time.
Speaker 5: Okay, kept count?
Speaker 2: Wait, like kept count of how many dates you've been on from these?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Whoa?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 8: How?
Speaker 2: I'm dying to know how many dates can you do in twenty years?
Speaker 14: He was my one twenty seven date, one.
Speaker 5: Thousand seven dates?
Speaker 2: That's that is your system? Like you count?
Speaker 1: A different person gets one count or can the same person get like three counts?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 14: I guess I only count like dates, you know, because I mean some of these guys I actually dated for quite a long time, So that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so every day counts as a first date.
Speaker 5: Wow, you aren't you exhausted at this point after one thousand and twenty seven dates, you.
Speaker 14: Know, it's not all that bad. Like I've ended up with four long term boyfriends. Oh okay, I've gotten engaged to two of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, how have you not written a book on how to do well?
Speaker 2: I can't tell you'd be the spokesperson or make you want to delete them? You know which it is? She got engaged twice? I mean like she got two rings on her finger.
Speaker 4: She's not happily.
Speaker 5: Married, more like how to not do I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think it's his success. I mean, it depends on what you're hoping for, I guess.
Speaker 1: But like she's doing it right enough where there's real relationships coming from this.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Like it just never quite worked out all the way, you know, honestly, I just want to spend the rest of the time talking about your horror stories.
Speaker 2: Have so many.
Speaker 6: We could have her on Battle of tener Dates battling herself.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But I mean, okay, so you've been through a lot of ups and downs in your dating life. How cool would it be if after going through all of that, you finally found real love On our show's sweet, that's what I'm hoping for for you today. And it could be the case with this new guy that you went out with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what was his name? Did you tell me?
Speaker 5: We haven't arned it? Yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 14: His name's Grant.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, tell us about Grant.
Speaker 14: Okay. Well, he asked me on to a restaurant and I did not want to tell him I've been there like twelve times before with guys on other day.
Speaker 7: I did not tell him that.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you tell him that? Why would that be a bad thing?
Speaker 2: That's her boundary, wondering why she told him about the thousand dates.
Speaker 5: That maybe if he told him, he would have felt like pressured to make it an even better date.
Speaker 14: No, I feel like it to just be weird and like second guessing what he wanted to do, you know, like he mentioned the place. I'm not going to be like, oh no, I can't go there, right.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's what you want. You want him second guessing yourself. You want to have the upper hand in the day, the whole company.
Speaker 4: He's like, what about here? What about there?
Speaker 1: She's like, no, I mean, after twenty years of doing these this online dating she's still positive, she's still kind Like that says something about who she is.
Speaker 5: We haven't even called the guy yet, Brooks, So true, he's judgment So tell us, sorry if we're just joking with you, but tell us, I mean, how did the actual date with Grant go? Run us through it?
Speaker 14: Well, he showed up with the bouquet of flowers, and I thought that was a really sweet gesture, Like not everybody does that. Hardly anybody does that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he obviously wanted to impress you. He was impressed by you. What was your initial thought of him?
Speaker 14: Honestly, it was kind of like you guys, Like, once I told him I'd been on the apps for that long, he also had a lot of questions. Yeah, naturally, So we talked about that, we talked about our job histories, and I thought it was good, Like, I don't know, the thing I've learned from all of these dates is that I've learned like, most good first dates won't blow you away, Like it's just finding sort of common ground and the baseline of like friendship, and I feel like the ones that do blow you away, but they often end up having like red flags that show up later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Alexis, how do you feel about that You're supposed to establish friendship on the first date.
Speaker 2: She didn't say you can sleep with them.
Speaker 5: I'm glad figure out where the lines are. Overall, how do you feel about the day? Like, how do you rate it?
Speaker 14: I mean overall? I think we had a nice time. It was like probably an eight of the end. He chased me on the cheap.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what has happened since this date with Grant?
Speaker 14: We texted a little, but I think he's hesitant to ask me out why. I don't know. I don't know exactly, and I'm a little worried that if you get him on the line, he's going to say something that I should have changed about myself, like twenty years ago or something. You know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean if he said that too late, right, Yeah, youn't worry about it, like.
Speaker 5: You've had a piece of spinach stuck in your teeth for the last twenty years. Nobody said anything restaurant. Yeah, even the two guys you were engaged to never brought it up.
Speaker 14: So that's why I dumbed them.
Speaker 13: Yes, I mean we can.
Speaker 5: Change food in the teeth. Oh, hopefully it's as simple as that. But we need to call this guy first when we do your second date update right after this hold on, Okay, second date update. Today, we're on the phone with Bonnie, who's been doing online dating since the websites ran on dial up. Oh you've got mail?
Speaker 2: Oh is that true?
Speaker 5: Had an AOL act It could be true. That's the sound of love on the phone again.
Speaker 2: I can't get up.
Speaker 5: The Bonnie told us that in her email, and she even said it to her date when they met up in person at a restaurant, that she's been at this for two decades.
Speaker 1: But it didn't seem to affect him, like it sounds like they just continued on with conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that guy seems to be really nice guy named Grant, who, even though he sat through the entire date with her, has been hesitant about going out with her again. It seems like we're going to try and nudge him back in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Kind of worried about you, Bonnie, because it's the I am Because at the end she's like, what if it was something I did that I need to change from twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a normal reaction, Brook, isn't it? It is for somebody who's been dating for two decades?
Speaker 2: Is that usually how you feel after a date's gone wrong? Bonnie?
Speaker 14: I mean, the date didn't go wrong, like it was a really good first date. So I guess that's why I'm thinking that, that's why you're thinking that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but sometime to spin her magical first date into some disaster.
Speaker 2: Horror story such a sad statement.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a really beautiful sentiment personally, Bonnie. Yeah, I'm on your side, room, Bonnie.
Speaker 2: How does Bonnie not have her own app?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Hey, we met on Bonnie?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bonnie, maybe you.
Speaker 5: Know, if this call doesn't work out, we'll hook you up with some people to set that app up. Okay, all right, let's work on Grant first. Here, I'm gonna dial this number right now. Here we go. Hey, we're looking for somebody named Grant. I'm hoping that's you.
Speaker 14: That's me.
Speaker 5: All right, Hey, we went and good work. I did it. Hey, man, you're on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What's up, bro.
Speaker 5: I con sense you're starting to hang up already. Come on, we're doing a segment call the second Date Update here, and we really could use your help.
Speaker 13: Sorry, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is fun, It's actually pretty fun.
Speaker 4: It's all about you.
Speaker 5: Well, it's about one of our listeners and you a girl that you went on a date with recently named Bonnie.
Speaker 2: A woman.
Speaker 5: We're trying to hook you up with underage women. She's definitely I don't think anybody thinks that this is a of the age women named Bonnie. You went to dinner with her the other night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She even told us that you showed up with a bouquet of flowers, which was really sweet, a.
Speaker 5: Lot of good stuff. We're just trying to figure out. How did you feel about Bonnie?
Speaker 13: I I like Bonnie. She had a nice smile, she was really easy going.
Speaker 2: Compliments.
Speaker 13: I thought she was a nice lady.
Speaker 2: We had by maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, did you feel any chemistry with her?
Speaker 13: I guess yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: There's definitely a little hesitation every time before you answer us.
Speaker 2: That's so confusing. And you said all these positives.
Speaker 5: Now, I will tell you this. She did mention that she brought something up to you during the date that she was worried may have been a red flag to you. She wasn't sure that she's been going out on these dates via the apps for almost two decades.
Speaker 2: With breaks, with breaks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well that was shocking, definitely. I mean, I've been on them for a year and I'm ready to jump off a cliff.
Speaker 2: You're only a year in. Did you get some good advice from her?
Speaker 5: I would assume you don't want advice to be like, hey, so I'm going to go back on the apps now and meet some other people. If anything, you should feel like a lot of respect for her for like being able to push through all of the ups and downs of online.
Speaker 2: Dating really positive exactly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I mean I thought it was a little weird, but I didn't make a big thing of it. I still was enjoying her company. I thought it was good.
Speaker 5: Okay, because we were assuming that the reason you might not be calling her back is because that could be a turnoff for some men. So you weren't scared off by that information.
Speaker 13: Honestly, it wasn't the dating history. It was her job history.
Speaker 2: Her job history.
Speaker 6: Oh jobs, we did have like fifteen hundred jobs.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. We didn't even ask her what she does for work. Does she do something weird?
Speaker 13: No, it's not that we were just talking about what she's done what's letter to hear in all the jobs she's had. And it turns out that when she was younger, she interviewed for like this stream job that she wanted to end. She still seemed to kind of feel bad about it. And I was going through the dates in my head and I realized, I'm pretty sure I was the hiring manager at the time rejected her and didn't take her for the job.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait, she applied for a job at the company you worked for and turned her down.
Speaker 13: I mean I didn't know it was her obviously, but yeah, like at the time, and I mean, it's so vague. I clearly I don't have a good memory of the interviewer. Why I even sturst her down? But God, definitely rejected her from this job.
Speaker 5: Did you tell her that during the date that you were the guy?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 13: Once I realized, I figured, like, oh, she's gonna hate me if she figures this out.
Speaker 2: Were you able to remember anything about her? Why interview her? Why? I want to know why you didn't hire her?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's what I figured. I figured she would want to know that too, and I just don't have any answers for her. So I figured it's probly just safest to end this because I guess I ruined your like three job.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're not calling her because you're afraid that in the future that information would come out and make things weird between you two. But I have good news because that information is not coming out in the future. It already came out to her because she's on the line right now listening to this.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's been secretly listening on the other line. Bonni you there, Uh, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't do that work settings, but you can't do it in this setting.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 14: Hi, Well, I guess I just I want to know, like why, Like I guess I heard you say you don't remember why you rejected me for that job, like it was a long time ago.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, we're I interviewed so many people. This was seventeen years ago. I mean, I obviously I'm sorry. If I knew it was gonna be you, I would have given you the job. But I don't feel like I have anything good to tell you.
Speaker 4: The job was like Blockbuster.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was her dream job. Do you remember who you did hire?
Speaker 13: I hired a bunch of people. I really have no idea.
Speaker 14: So you hired a bunch of people and I wasn't one of them.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 13: This is what I was trying to avoid.
Speaker 4: Well, think about it, this one. You're so special.
Speaker 1: He remembered your Maybe he was No, he was too attracted to you and believed that it was going to cause an issue in the workplace.
Speaker 5: Grant, that's a good chance trying and say that to her right now.
Speaker 13: Uh, you were too beautiful.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 13: It's clearly I made a mistake. I really am sorry. I'm sorry. I can't I mean, I can't go back down a few years ago. I am sorry you didn't get hired.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't think that she's upset about that?
Speaker 2: Still are you? Are you still upset about it, Bonnie?
Speaker 14: I mean, it's something I brought up than our date. So like it was one of those jobs that I just it was my only chance at it and whatever. But like, at the same time, I would not be the person to let that get in the way of this either.
Speaker 1: She swear she won't hold it over your head when you're in a relationship five years from now.
Speaker 5: I'm getting I'm getting Grant, How does it feel to reject someone not only professionally but personally in romantic years and years later.
Speaker 2: Oh yeahz does it feel good?
Speaker 13: Honestly?
Speaker 5: No, there you go. I'm trying to guilt you into the answer for my next question, which is, would you like to go out with Bonnie one more time? And we would pay for it?
Speaker 2: They say third times a charm, yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or in Bonnie's case, the one eight times. Okay, sorry, I'll say that, but I personally think that I feel the vibes going on here. We'd like to send you guys out on another date, my friend one hundred percent on us if you'll see bonb me one more time. And Bonnie, I'm just I'm assuming that it is still a yes from you, right yeah? Yeah, that way you can grow them and find out why he didn't hire you in person. But let's just get you on a date together.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm over at what dub Okay, I just want to see if this is going to work out.
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 14: I don't want to live in the past.
Speaker 5: All right, that's right, dream guy, she forgives you, give her one more chance on us all.
Speaker 13: Look, I mean, if if she's okay with it, then yeah, let's go out again.
Speaker 14: Oh ma, thank you, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: That's really cute and like a sad I lost my dream job.
Speaker 5: Way Jeffrey in the morning. Gosh, I sure hope he didn't feel pressured into saying yes to another day, feel guilt changed for crushing her dreams. We would never want to make him feel anything like that on your show. Yeah, we don't sue that over here.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that they could end up cute, you know. Yeah, she wasn't still angry about it.
Speaker 4: She was the one upset about it. Yes, it wasn't at all.
Speaker 5: I'm just hoping that we get an update update out of this where date number one zero two seven stops for rever now that she killed him, just like that's the last yet.
Speaker 4: She should work it into the vowels and they get married. You seven? Then I knew, Yeah, I know, I did. She's radio.
Speaker 1: She's the only one that could play that song at last, and it really means it would like whatever I see couples dancing to at last, And I'm like, you're twenty.
Speaker 5: Two, what do you mean? She's been thank you next sorry on for too long. But if you ever need help with the second date, we will try and do that for you. You can email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, even if we.
Speaker 4: Have to manipulate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, no, we don't like to do you no, never mind, it's not our style. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: If you found a magic Genie lamp, what would your three wishes be?
Speaker 2: Gosh, can we wish for more wishes? Sometimes that.
Speaker 9: Rules? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, a lot of people probably be like selfish, wanting money and wealth and more wishes, But not me. I want simple things like the ability to miraculously heal any sickness with one forty second mouth kiss me. I do say so. I feel we got to go fully seconds if you want to be healed, So everybody line up.
Speaker 2: It feels like some people would still choose to be.
Speaker 5: Sick on them. And second, I'd probably wish for a retractable wall in the studio so Brooke can't ole me from across the room every single morning like she always does. The barrier there.
Speaker 2: And it's not ugly. I can't see very well, so it is actually squinty.
Speaker 5: Jeff and finally, I would wish to lose my golden pipes forever. Oh no, this sultry voice is my curse because people keep wanting to hear me sing with it. Whymy I know all of our listeners are wishing to hear a brand new song of the week right now, and your wish is about to be granted. Here it comes, Brooks. Stop looking at me. You cannot take your eyes off me. I don't know what's wrong with you. I'm doing my song of the week.
Speaker 2: Ok, I'm just looking person talking.
Speaker 8: Get over.
Speaker 5: It looks the other way I'm doing, so it's coming up. Oh is that a song in my throats? Or am I just happy to see you? I want to know it's for my song of the week.
Speaker 2: The right answer to that question.
Speaker 4: When you think.
Speaker 5: About the most undesirable, least appealing jobs in the world, there's one profession that's dirtier than a portable toilet cleaner, more unsavory than a highway roadkill collector, Oh my god, more soul shattering than being a Lexus's auto insurance. Even lower than that, I'm talking about being a morning radio DJ. O. God, there we are. I know the listeners get to hear all the fun stuff on the show, So they probably don't understand because we're just joking and laughing all day in their minds.
Speaker 2: And we do love our job, but we're not exactly respected.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and look, if I pulled back the curtain of radio, let's just say even the backside of that curtain is absolutely disgusting. Radio is the lowest rung of the entertainment industry.
Speaker 2: Somehow, are below stand up comedy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, below podcasters, and we have a podcast. Yeah, and look, we haven't even mentioned once that this is National Radio Week. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody knew that on my Facebook.
Speaker 4: If you guys ever looked at my social.
Speaker 5: Well, it's usually too shameful of a career to even pretend to celebrate. But luckily there is one person here who's willing to dip his toe into that audio cesspool, and that person, unfortunately is me. So I thought for my song of the week, we maybe should champion the slowly dying medium that we signed up to work for.
Speaker 2: That's right, we're here now.
Speaker 5: But because all of the big music artists I've been announcing that they're going country, all of a sudden, post malone. Everybody, I guess I gotta go country for this too to keep up. That's why instead of doing Luke Combe's hit song when it rains it pours, it's Young Jeffreys, bunch of radio dorks.
Speaker 2: Ah, that is so good. Proud, I'm proud of that in the country.
Speaker 4: I'm proud.
Speaker 5: Wait to hear me butcher this country song. We'll see here we go. I'm a point when I'm ready points.
Speaker 15: We dame morning Man, the show starred Real Bad microwdphones are barrogan, so is the thermstad. But we pushed through chapter dude, book god or parka on just such another can of a red bulls down. That's my sal and wall. Then we all come alive with the on air live playing the same six songs through your whole damn drive.
Speaker 5: But keep all listening.
Speaker 12: Cufs coming up in ten minutes.
Speaker 15: You can win a family cor pack of garden shows tickets.
Speaker 8: Go ahead and call our.
Speaker 4: Re class line.
Speaker 5: We won't weigh your.
Speaker 12: Salt, gonna prodcast over about lain conversations on a signal, No morse body than of talamation, and don't.
Speaker 4: Let a curse the words live for we broke the long.
Speaker 15: So we have been one drink or wears rock's bottom mother labor force.
Speaker 5: Turn on your local radio doll.
Speaker 15: And you're sure there's been some per sig gonna line.
Speaker 5: Like the photograph a guy with the drummer.
Speaker 9: Of my room.
Speaker 15: Five our price closets for Arson, all of old.
Speaker 5: Station brands, keychain.
Speaker 15: But we'll pay off all your bills if you tell.
Speaker 5: Us the phrase that pace. We'll keep you laughing.
Speaker 4: Keep your cheater and some dead airs.
Speaker 15: Only thing the weird fear and the famous snag will shops interview, carrot tops to and the live crowdcast upside of you tire shop can meet us in a problem, I said by the shower, and sure of voices make.
Speaker 12: Sound as the mood that the glasses bottle faces falling to the left's wife classes.
Speaker 15: That's why I don't too meetings.
Speaker 8: They want the cameas home.
Speaker 15: Our studio, staying from year's worth of coffee dropped on the floor behind the stations had dome.
Speaker 5: Like a side wall, a room of padded walls making weird praying.
Speaker 8: Calls like an old man.
Speaker 5: Now a flex on.
Speaker 15: Muscles playing round the wag.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 15: For the last time, Buddy, I can't give you tickets. I got one station tea and I was lucky to get it. You think we're tight with Taylor to Swim, well, then you'd be wrong. My Fox Hops six chops just a face there saying ain't no money getting better off Rick Lay until I got that midday shimp down in which you're tall working with tech that's been here about as long as dinosaurs just for the bunch of or Ramo dolls, less cool than Peppermint ord Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, you're not best friends with Taylor Swift?
Speaker 5: Shockingly No, if anything, she's probably avoiding us.
Speaker 10: I saw an old promo nail file the other day.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, if you want it text in seventy nine two free nail file for Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love how we have seven versions of them every time they rebrand the station.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but seriously send your text. In seventy five night too, you could tell us what you thought about the song of the week listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thanks for sticking with radio you know, or on the podcast. Yeah, being here without your choice because your parents are listening.
Speaker 5: That's well. Do then go check out the video online on our socials on TikTok everywhere at Brook and Jeffrey, you got a text seventy five nine two that says, I remember meeting Brooke once years ago in a parking lot outside of a strip mall massage parlor.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, wait it all checks out. You guys a radio eighty business that will pay the radio advertise?
Speaker 5: Well, they say, at first I thought it was one of those radio promotion event things. But there wasn't a booth around and she wasn't handing out flyers.
Speaker 8: Brook, what was going on?
Speaker 2: Still making the station money?
Speaker 8: Well if you missed it.
Speaker 5: Instead of singing the country hit from Luke Combs called when it Rains It Pours, I sang my own version, called a bunch of radio dorks, because that's what we are. And it's National Radio Week, and since all the big artists out there, like Beyonce air turning country, I thought, why not hop into my pickup truck, throw some Tobacci in my John give it the old hell too much.
Speaker 2: I don't even think you know what tobacci is.
Speaker 5: No, I I just felt right to say, but what are we getting? More feedback? Brook?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like this one that says, Hey, Brook and Jeffrey, my name is Jackie. Hey Jackie, can you guys please play the song Wondering Why by the Red Clay Strays and dedicated to my friend Shauna Tuto's Love you Number one country fans.
Speaker 5: You know what, Jackie, make sure you keep listening to our show for the next four to six years, and I'm sure we'll get that song somewhere in there for ye. All right if you missed it, though, if you want to hear the song again, it's gonna be up at the Brook and Jeffery YouTube page, Facebook, Instagram and.
Speaker 9: TikTok Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: What today's player has been listening to our show for years and she has tried to come on to this segments many many times, called and called and called, was never able to get on until today when she finally got through and defied the odds. Let's meet your brand new player, Brooks. Her name is Sky. Welcome Sky, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's your big moment.
Speaker 1: Say this, Hey, how did you originally find our show?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: Gosh, so I used to have to commute, so I was sitting on the road for an hour and I've been listening to you guys ever since then.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Sexty were stuck in traffic. There's no other options.
Speaker 5: Still, in years has still not made it to work. She has been listening to us to finally get there.
Speaker 4: It's an honor to know we were your sixth choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so happy Brook is leaving the studio. And while she heads out, you know the game works. Guy, You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat Brook out right to win. Are you ready? Good luck? Your time starts now. On this day. In nineteen fifty nine, Fidel Castro became the leader of what Island Nation?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh.
Speaker 5: The term spatchcock is used in cooking when you cut what in half? What famous singer is part owner of the old social network MySpace?
Speaker 7: Oh what singer?
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Justin Kimmerly is Mount Saint Helen's currently considered an active volcano? Yes or no?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: President Franklin Roosevelt was afflicted with what debilitating illness?
Speaker 13: I don't know, harder hearing?
Speaker 5: Okay, not great here? I love that you don't know that. I thought you did great for your first time, this guy, And apparently since you've been listening for a long time, it says on my screen or here, your favorite segment is the awkward Tuesday phone call?
Speaker 13: Yes, absolutely always have them, don't we make Tuesdays fun?
Speaker 2: I like the Awkward Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: It's always like different situations that people find themselves.
Speaker 4: In than the song of the week.
Speaker 5: No, I'm with her, and we normally give advice on that segment. What advice do you have for Brooks Sky about how to give better advice?
Speaker 13: I like that to give better advice or.
Speaker 5: Any advice just in general life advice for I.
Speaker 7: Like Brooks advice. No, I think hers is usually pretty thought off, so.
Speaker 2: You could have at least told me to shower more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you give just as bad advice as we do on the show. So if you ever need a backup, Brooks your turn? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: Your time starts now? On this time? In nineteen fifty nine, Fidel Castro became leader of What Island Nation. The term spatchcock is used in cooking when you cut what in half chicken? What famous singer is a part owner of the old social network MySpace.
Speaker 2: Oh god uh pass.
Speaker 5: Is not saying. Helen's currently considered an active volcano. Yes or no Yes. President Franklin Roosevelt was afflicted with what debilitating illness? Where in your body is your patella?
Speaker 2: Your protella is in your knee? And I always get that wrong. I feel like we've been asked that or maybe that was there's a lot of tella's all over your body.
Speaker 5: My advice to you is stop second guessing your answers on this.
Speaker 4: Everyone has.
Speaker 2: It was justin Timberlake.
Speaker 9: I forgot.
Speaker 5: We'll see if that's right. First, we got to go to the scoreboard with House A. We are inviting.
Speaker 13: People to come down and get drunk at the Sheriff's office.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey, place of drink.
Speaker 4: Sky, you got to correct today.
Speaker 15: Hey, I'll take it there.
Speaker 5: We go better than she even thought.
Speaker 6: And Brook you got five water.
Speaker 5: Sky Oh Sky, Sorry, it wasn't enough to beat Brook. We're going to do an awkward Tuesday phone call to your family to let them know that. But first let's go over the answers on this day. In nineteen fifty nine, Fidel Castro became the leader of Cuba. Spatchcock is used in cooking when you cut a chicken in half. The famous singer who part owns the old social network MySpace is justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: He's always making good investments.
Speaker 5: Mount Saint Helens is yes, currently considered an active volcano. It's the most active volcano in the Cascade Mountain Range. President Franklin Roosevelt was afflicted with polio and your patella is located in your knee. So good on Sky. Unfortunately, I can't give you any money. It was not enough to beat Brooke. But just we're playing, you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney store.
Speaker 13: My kids will love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: Good thanks for playing the first time and getting through. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Sky.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, thank you.
Speaker 14: I was.
Speaker 13: It was great to play.
Speaker 2: Okay, good review. If you leave a review on our podcast that would be great as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't make a sound desperate.
Speaker 2: I'm always thirty all.
Speaker 5: You can do whatever he wants. Guy, thanks for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time
Speaker 9: On Monday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning