Speaker 1: In case you missed it, Usher is married officially now. He married his longtime girlfriend music executive Jennifer go Chachia Uh in a secret ceremony done at the Fast Lane Drive Through Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. Usher and Jennifer were in the front seat of an old school convertible for the ceremony, and Usher and Jennifer's kids were on the back seat, all dressed in white. Usher's mother was there. The after party or wedding reception was at Flipper's Roller Boogie Palace. It was a star studded event and Soup Dog performed sounds that sounds fun? Yes, congratulations, Russia loves.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Moving on, this is some sad news. After five decades are performing, Frankie Beverly has announced his retirement UH. In an exclusive statement to Billboard, Frankie said, I want to share with my life flung fans and associates that I'll be going out on the road one last time then retire. Thank you so much for the support given to me for over fifty years. Fifty years. Frankie farewell tour is appropriately named I Want to Thank You, and it will visit five cities starting in March. El Dubarge and Shaka Khan will be featured guests on the tour.
Speaker 3: By No game though, Franky though, Steve, I know, man, that dude, man, thank you, dude.
Speaker 2: That dude gave us some moments. Man, I know, I know. It's not what it used to be. Man. You know, good man, Lord have mercy. He got enough bank shows for me. Go out on talk great ones.
Speaker 1: You were on vacation, Steve, but Frankie Field in for you one morning and he was great. Yeah, he did a great job.
Speaker 2: That's my man, right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, best live live, oh for sure, live at the same God.
Speaker 2: Silky Soul.
Speaker 1: That was the first one, right.
Speaker 2: What silky so first album?
Speaker 1: That was the first album. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just know live first that was about Marvin gay right, right, because Marvin Gaye discovered them, right yeah, okay, all right, I'll believe. Well, we will miss you, Frankie, We will miss you, and thanks for all the decades of great music. What about Sunday's huh, I'm sorry? What about.
Speaker 2: Yeah adult they waited?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, all right, Moving on to Sunday Super Bowl fifty eight, making history with one of the biggest TV ratings in American history, with viewership of one hundred and twenty three point four million people. Fans are already looking forward to next year's big Game in New Orleans, and they've been debating over who deserves to headline the twenty twenty five Super Bowl halftime show. One popular pick is jay Z jay Z himself, whose company Rock Nation helps to organize the ententame entertainment portion of the halftime show. Earlier this year, when asked about doing it, Jay responded, I thought it would be selfish to pick myself so early. Maybe one year, maybe New Orleans native Lil Wayne is also interested. He is boldly stated, we are praying, we praying, We keeping our fingers crossed. I'm working hard. I'm gonna make sure this next album and everything I do is killer. I want to just make it hard for them not to holler at boy. Uh yeah. Also, T Payne has thrown his name out there as a headliner too, So if you guys giving it any thought, I know you said pain can.
Speaker 2: Say, but I don't think he's as popular. You know, Lou Wayne is so popular and and and people are saying are arguably one of the greatest rappers of all time. And I'm not I'm not a hip hop connor Swift's ain't.
Speaker 1: Wheezy is a lyricist.
Speaker 3: I'm just concerned CBS gonna be able to.
Speaker 1: Well taken. I don't know, man, what you said earlier, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm telling you that. Yeah, I think that's what they're gonna go that route. I think they'll put Taylor Swift out there. They are white people, have.
Speaker 3: God, somebody, I'm just gonna saying something up.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you some man. I know that I know this country right here. I've been in this country sixty seven years. They can't fool me at all if you don't think there's some discuss about too many blacks in a row on the Super Bowl in a row man, hundred and twenty some million viewers, and we're gonna keep giving that to these black people. See, I'm telling you, man, that's from a real discussions about this. The NFL owners has got to have this discussion with Roger Goodell. Roger Goodell got to go to Rock nationause because jay Z running this thing. Now, when all y'all was mad at jay Z for taking the job. Colin Kapanio, he took the job. Jay Z's smart man. Y'all, y'all need to understand. Listen to me, and I'm not saying this, but this is the parable art happen to you. You have to talk to the enemies. If two enemies don't talk, we never have peace. You have to in order to bring about change. You can't stay over there and they stay over there. The two opposing parties have to come together and talk for anything to change, y'all. Quit quit saying stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Jay Z.
Speaker 2: And now look at what he's done, and he's not getting enough credit for what he's done. Rihanna was out there a snoop, Neil was out there, USh was out there. Yeah, you understand. That's called the jay Z.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve coming up at twenty minutes after the hour. If you could trade bodies with any celebrity or another person on the planet, who would it be. We'll talk about that right after this. Think about it. You're listening Morning show