Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into another episode of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. I am Ryan Warmley, joined by my good friends Pat Fitzmorris and Scott Bogman Fellas. Today we are talking about some Dynasty rookies. We will be going through every position, talking about some of the biggest names the guys at the tops of those rookie rankings. Will work our way down the lists a bit, see how many names we can hit here in the next hour. We are, of course coming off the Super Bowl is done and the Chiefs are dynasty three super Bowls in five years. So now that we're past the Super Bowl, it is time to think about our Dynasty drafts. We're past the Senior Bowl as well. We are just a few days several days away from the Combine and of course a couple months away from the NFL Draft. Bogman, I want to ask you before we dive into these rookies at this point in the year, what is your process like for evaluating rookies. Are you still kind of weighing heavily obviously all the tape over their years in college. Are you thinking about some of the rumors that have been coming out now that they're eligible for the draft this year. Are you looking at reports from the senior ball thinking ahead to the combine, taking ahead to potential landing spots. What kind of goes into that formula for you at this time of year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of that obviously, just rewatching and making sure I have a good base listening to. I'm absorbing a lot of information right now. I'm watching a lot of podcasts, reading a lot of articles, doing all kinds of due diligence, you know, looking at the film again. There's a great somebody has put out just an amazing cutup of like every prospect out there. So I'm going to that Google page a bunch watching these. I'm double checking stats, I'm looking at team needs. There's a lot that goes into it. I think I have pretty much for the guys that I've watched. Fully, I feel like my opinion is not going to be changed too much, maybe a little bit by measurements from the combine. Right pro days I do not care about at all, Like all those numbers are made up, you know, they're all you know, got the thumb on the scale a little bit for the times and all that stuff. It's that's you know, I don't know. It's I don't take any information from there seriously. So for me, the combine is kind of the last thing RAS scores things like that for the guys at Test. We're getting more guys to sit out test now and a lot of teams are ditching some of those like the rams.
Speaker 3: We talked about that last week.
Speaker 2: The RAMS are ditching straight line speed and they're looking at like the GPS tracker or the all the speed trackers and everything from Zebra at the Senior Bowl. So you know that there are little things that will change here and there. But I think for the most part, I'm I'm pretty locked in on the guys that I've fully broken down.
Speaker 3: I haven't got to everyone yet.
Speaker 2: I just did my Fantasy Baseball ranking three hundred guys there, so I'm hopping back on and getting everything set for, you know, for the draft and all that stuff right now, right before the Combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like Zach Wilson's unbelief little throw at his Pro Day should just like end Pro day's mattering for anybody. If he can do that and then be what he's been in the NFL, that's a that's a not a great sign for how much those should be valued. Fit's what about you? What's it going into your calculus this time of year?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, prospect cut ups, scouting reports, uh, mainlining draft podcasts, pretty much all that you know, on top of a lot of past college football watching it.
Speaker 5: And while I do not watch as much college football as.
Speaker 4: Mister Bogman here, you know, like I think, for the most part, I've seen at least a little bit of most of the top prospects. Like there are a few guys who've kind of fallen under the radar, and there are some guys like go to smaller schools like Malachai Corley Western Kentucky, although I did happen to see Western Kentucky play Ohio State this past fall and Malachai Corley in.
Speaker 5: A pretty good game game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, like I feel like I already have, I have at least a little bit of an idea of what all of these guys are about. But things are still, you know, coagulating in my head, I guess, and will be for the next month. And I'm I'm definitely anxious to get the data points of the combine like.
Speaker 2: That to fits point, Like I haven't watched I know, Kamani Vidal right now is raising up a lot of boards and you see his stats and everything. I think I've seen him once or twice. That's a guy I need to go back and do a deeper dive on, you know, the smaller school guys things like that. But for the most part, like like Fitz said, if you watch these guys, maybe watching some of the cups will change your opinion a little bit. But you know, we've seen a lot of what's available at.
Speaker 5: This right other than Bawl season. You're not going to get to watch Troy very.
Speaker 1: Often, right right, Yeah, all right, let's dive into this rookie class at twenty twenty four. Just a quick note, all of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. From there, you can also navigate to our staff rookie rankings on the site as well. We will start with the quarterbacks. The first three names I want to talk about are the three names that very well, maybe the first three names drafted in the NFL Draft in April, probably should be the first three names drafted in April, given the value of the position. That is Caleb Williams, Drake May and Jaden Daniels. Now, Kayleb Williams may not be QB one on one hundred percent of big boards, but he is the clear consensus our Debro actually disagrees with that right now. You can check out the NFL Draft Show to see why he disagrees with that. But Kayleb Williams is the consensus guy. So, Fitz, what is it about Kayleb Williams that makes him the obvious number one pick in rookie superflex drafts?
Speaker 4: I think arm talent and the ability to make plays off script, like that's the thing when the play breaks down, Caleb Williams is really dangerous Allah Patrick Mahomes and you can see flashes of that and how that's going to translate really well to the NFL. But it's not like he can't win from the pocket either. I think he does a lot of that. So and the fact that he's now done it for a couple of years, and maybe some people saw that this past season as a letdown. They kind of asked him to walk on water this past season because USC's defense went to seed completely and he was having a win shootouts week after week. Couldn't always do it. But I don't think that should be a knock on him. I mean, I absolutely think he should be number one in this class.
Speaker 1: Bogman Fitz said, the name Patrick Mahomes, I was going to ask you that comparison has been thrown around. Obviously he looked very mahomes asque two years ago when he won that Heisman. Fits alluded to the tough season this year, tough being in air quotes there. What do you make of that comparison, box.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's accurate, and I no one is Patrick Mahomes, So let's just put that out there. Nobody's If anybody else is Patrick Mahomes, we'd have the Chiefs, wouldn't have those three titles, right. So, but he is the closest coming into the NFL that we've seen since Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: And you know, if.
Speaker 2: He's not successful, it's it will be because you know, he goes offscript too much. He doesn't have a planned down feel, and I would assume, you know, the rumors of immaturity would crop up somewhere because you know, any issues that he has are fixable. But he has every arm angle he escapes routinely, he keeps his eyes downfield, He has an enormous arm, He has everything that you want from a starter. So yeah, he's number one on my board, and I don't see that changing.
Speaker 1: Assuming he lands in Chicago, and let's say they add another receiver, you know, to pair with DJ Moore. Maybe it's with the ninth pick, maybe it's nine. Yeah, maybe maybe it is a dude. Let's let's say it is. Just for the sake of argument. Where would Caleb Williams going into the Bears offense with DJ Moore and Roma Dunes? Where would he be ranked amongst dynasty quarterbacks overall, not just rookie Spagman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: I high, probably five, five or six.
Speaker 3: I mean, he would be.
Speaker 1: Here's so many good young quarterbacks right now, though in the league already.
Speaker 3: There are, but he is that type of prospect. He really is.
Speaker 2: And I don't know that Drake May and Jane Daniels are that much further behind him, But he would have to be very high.
Speaker 1: Is May or QB two will dive in him deeper in a second, But you see your QB two bog then I know he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well he is in terms of where he's going to go in the draft for fantasy, I might put Jaden ahead of all, you know, everybody here, depending on his landing spot and where he goes, because if he ends up in Washington and Cliff Kingsbury, you know, all they're gonna do is pass. So that is who I would probably have as my number one fantasy quarterback for this season coming in if he does end up in Washington. But uh yeah, Drake May is my two. And I just like, I was kind of him and Holland, so I went back and rewatched it. Drake May is a stud. He can make every throw, he has running ability, he can escape, He keeps his eyes downfield, and I saw, like, I think I saw him throw five interceptions. I think four were not his fault. One was just a bad throw when he got hit on, two bounced off the receiver's hands. One maybe the other one was his fault. But I know three of them at least were not his fault. And I was like, good lord, this guy is good. So all three of those guys are up echelon talent and they're going to be very high in my overall quarterback rankings once they get drafted.
Speaker 1: Fitz, would you say Drake May is closer to Kayleb Williams at one or closer to Jade Daniels at three in your personal rankings.
Speaker 4: Closer to Jane Daniels at three, And like I have had to, there have been enough people singing the praises of Jade Daniels where I've had to reconsider my position on that. But I still have Drake May ahead of him for fantasy and just in terms of real life. I guess it's because it's easy for me to watch Drake May and see that translate in the NFL, and Bogs just mentioned everything about that. And yes, he did have a ton of drops. I think he had like twenty two dropped passes on him last fall or something like that. It was kind of obscene. Drake Mays averaged up the target I think was one of the deepest of this year's quarterback prospects, like eleven yards. And to Bog's point about May keeping his eyes downfield, that's what I love about him, Like he is looking to make plays downfield, and a lot of times when he escapes the pocket, he's not doing it just to like run right away. He's still looking for receivers to break open and make a play.
Speaker 5: Jane Daniels, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It just bothers me that I can't He puts up these freakish numbers in the SEC and the toughest conference in the nation, the forty to four touchdown interception ratio, the gaudy rushing totals, the great passing numbers, but I just don't, like, I don't know if I can picture it in the NFL, like how that's going to work, you know what I mean. It's a little bit Lamar Like Lamar Jackson. I wasn't quite sure how that was going to work because you knew he was a great runner, But what's it going to look like through Lamar Jackson as a passer. I kind of get that same feeling about Jane Daniels. Even though his passing stats were fantastic, having two great receivers didn't hurt a.
Speaker 2: Bit one year wonder too. I mean, he was okay at ASU, but yeah, his only huge year was last year.
Speaker 1: Well what a year though.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: College fantasy as you can have really really remarkable fits. Before we move off this top three, how many of them will be in your top fifteen Dynasty quarterback rankings after the draft.
Speaker 5: It's a good question right now.
Speaker 4: I mean I have Caleb about where Bogman has him, like five or six, and I think I had May at like fifteen, and Daniels said like seventeen or eighteen.
Speaker 1: So two twoss of yeah, just two, but right around that same range. So maybe if the landing spot suddenly looks a lot better than we expect, like Daniel's falls for some reason to Atlanta and he has all these weapons around him, something like that, maybe maybe bumps up a bit. Let's move to the next group of three quarterbacks here. These are not in an exact order. It's just kind of roughly where these guys are grouped, and there seems to be a clear gap between the top three and the next three next year. Michael Penix Junior, JJ McCarthy, Bow Nicks. If you guys want to hit on Penix or Nicks, we can. The guy that's most intriguing to me is McCarthy. He's a guy that, again to shout out deebro and Thor's new NFL Draft show, they are both very high on McCarthy. I know Thor would love to see him in Minnesota. I know Deebro has him ranked ridiculously high. He's the guy that there seems to be the most helium around, potentially being a first round pick in the NFL draft, maybe even a top ten pick coming off the Senior Bowl. Penix and Knicks maybe had somebody that seemed coming away without having their best performances there. So Fitz, I'll start with you with McCarthy specifically, obviously as a big ten guy. We watched a lot of him when he was at Michigan. He's a tough guy to evaluate. What do you make of him for fantasy purposes?
Speaker 4: He is tough to evaluate because we didn't see him throw a lot and you know, Michigan at a very healthy running game with Blake Korm and Donovan Edwards, so like you don't have to throw all that much, and plus Michigan was usually squashing their opponents, so run friendly game scripts to say the least. But like JJ, McCarthy does look like when the team gets off the bus, you can pick out the quarterback, like the big strapping guy, like he's mobile. He does have a really strong arm and make some you know, oh Man type throws like every game, so yeah, like I buy it. And there is a lot of steam about him moving up, and now I think it's pretty clear he's going to be the fourth quarterback taken in the draft, Bob.
Speaker 1: Mean, is that what it should be? Should McCarthy be the fourth quarterback taken?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so. I mean I like Penix a lot too. I would love to see Penix in Minnesota, to be honest with you, Like, I just think that fit would work perfect with Kevin O'Connell. You get a guy that wants to sit back and throw the ball. They don't like to run the ball. That's exactly the type of offense they ran in Washington under Kaelin de boor for Pennick. So I would like to see him in a good landing spot. But that's not guaranteed. There's so many QB desperate teams you have no idea where these guys are gonna end up. I mean, you know, right now, it seems like everyone is putting McCarthy in Denver. But Sean Payton doesn't really like rookie quarterbacks, right, so he needs a quarterback. Russell is going to be gone. So I just and like Fitz said, and you said, too, Worm. It's harder to evaluate a guy when they're running the ball fifty times a game and only let him throw, you know, fifteen to twenty passes tops, And that's what the blueprint was for Jim Harbaugh Michigan. So what we've seen we like, but we've seen so much more of the other quarterbacks. They're just safer evaluations.
Speaker 1: If McCarthy's a top twenty pick in the NFL draft, will he be a first round pick in rookie superflex drafts? Because there's it is a really strong class for receivers. There's so many guys you make the argument for obviously the other three quarterbacks going ahead of him, obviously brock Bowers, maybe a running back sneaks in. There is there room for him in the first round of super f ex drafts. If he's taken highly enough in the NFL draft. Boggman, I think he has to be right.
Speaker 2: And I think the reason is is because what that says about this QB prospect, because Sam Darnold was still out there getting shots until last year, until this year, really last year he was getting shots. Right, So if you're picked in that top twenty, almost all Mitchell Trubisky got extra shots, right, Like, you can look miserable in one scenario and there are still gonna be teams that go, well, he's a first round pick. There's a lot of talent there. Let's bring him in and see if we can fix him. So you know, even if he flames out real fast wherever he ends up, he will most likely get another shot. And those guys just last longer, and the super flex they're worth more. So they're worth more than a third wide receiver or a second running back or whatever, so they have to be a first round picks in my opinion for the most part. I mean, this is front loaded with talent this draft, so it's tough to say yes, but still yes.
Speaker 1: Fits same question. I mean, let's say he goes to whatever you determine is the best landing spot. For me, it's probably Atlanta, top ten draft capital, just time the weapons there, or I'm really excited to see Zach Robinson's offense. So let's say he goes there or whatever your favorite landing spot is. Is he gonna get drafted in rookie drafts ahead of like Leak neighbors brock Bowers, or is he maybe more in that like back half of the first round, still behind the elite you know, Roma Dunes days of the world, but ahead of sort of the second tier at those positions.
Speaker 4: Behind those past catchers you mentioned, ahead of every single running back and probably right around where like Keon Coleman and Xavier Worthy are going like one oh eight or so. And you know, by the way, if our listeners here want to check that out and run their own rookie mock drafts, you can do that on the Fantasy Pros mock draft simulator. Go to fantasypros dot com slash simulator, and not only can you do redraft mock drafts, you can do Dynasty startup mock. You can do Dynasty rookie mock drafts. And I might have had something to do with the the intel on where guys are going at certain points in the rookie mocks. So yeah, give it a shot and see for yourself if you can get JJ McCarthy at at one ten or one eleven.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe not.
Speaker 1: We got the word earlier today that that rookie simulator had gone live, and I have already done a few of those because it's super fun to play around with that tool, especially this time as soon as the Super Bowl ends, it's just all rookie season for the next couple of months, and it's super, super fun. Just quickly to wrap up the quarterbacks, Spencer Rattler, Michael Pratt, Joe Milton. Is there anything of note on any of these guys? Obviously, Rattler is a guy that in the past was considered a potential number one pick. Clearly has not panned out that way, you know, throughout the rest of his college career. But Bogman, any quick thoughts on any of those three.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're gonna make me praise Spencer Rattler here.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm I wasn't the biggest Rattler fan, but he really improved this year. And the one thing I'll say for him, he can make every throw a little cowardly with the ball. I feel like he threw so many picks to start, kind of didn't want to do it this season. So there's just a couple of games I was watching. Maybe I bet him to throw a pick and he didn't throw one. But also they were down right, and I'm like, throw the ball deep.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: He's taken the safe throws, so I think that is fixable. So I think a lot of this stuff with Spencer Rattler was attitude to start, Plus Caleb Williams was behind him, so he got pushed out of his starting job. He transferred to South Carolina, which you know, South Carolina's fine, but I think he lost maybe too much steam. And then he won MVP of the Senior Ball and he had a great week there too, so I think the helium is pretty high on him. I don't know that he'll push against like bon Nicks, but I think he'll be quickly after bon Nicks. And I do think bon Nicks is a end of the first round, second round type of a pick in the NFL draft. And remember, if a team is going to take a risk on a quarterback, you want to take him in the first round to get that extra year on the contract, the ability to extend one more year if you are going to take a quarterback. So maybe someone trades up to the back end to get a bon Knicks, and Rattler could be pushing that too. So many QB desperate teams in the NFL, I don't think they need to be up there In terms of talent. I think there are way better players than them on the board at that point. But it's most important position in the NFL. Teams value way too much, so I do think somebody weird is going to get pushed into the first I just think so that is what.
Speaker 1: Happened with Lamar the a team trading back into the back end of the first to get that fit your team. When the Ravens took him with thirty second pick in the twenty eighteen draft. Fits you got thirty seconds if you wanted any of these three guys, Rattler, Pratt, Milton any interest mid mid round lottery ticket in rookie drafts.
Speaker 4: I want to see more of Pratt because I didn't watch a lot of Tulane football last fall, so I'm anxious to see him throw the combine. And I really want to like Joe Milton because his arm is insane, Like this guy might have the strongest arm of any quarterback on the planet. And that's including you know, any of the Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes whoever.
Speaker 5: Like his arm is silly.
Speaker 4: There is a video of him uh throwing a ball the Mannings passing camp that I swear to God he put this ball into orbit and.
Speaker 2: Look like that Michael Vick commercial from a couple of years ago exactly.
Speaker 4: But as Thor said, he is nuklulouge from Boulder. The Tim Robbins character. You you don't know where the ball's going, like he throws the gas, but you don't know where it's going. So I might I might have to abandon my hope for Joe Milton. Plus he's over aged. He's yeah, you might need he's got some flags.
Speaker 1: What's what's the what's the phrase? He could throw a strawberry through a battleship or something. I think Wake Martindale said that about Justin Herbert once, But yeah, just that the dude has the biggest By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and so much more. Think it sounds complicated. It's not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy Front Office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal. Still not sure? You can test out your general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality sports online dot Com. Let's move to the wide receivers, probably the most loaded position in this year's draft, at least the deepest. Quarterback also loaded at the top as well. At this position, there's also a big three, and also at this position, there is a clear number one within that big three. Fits wax poetic about Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, his dad is a Hall of Hall of Fame caliber wide receiver who's probably going to be there someday. Marvin Harrison is bigger and faster and stronger than his dad, and seems every bit is skilled, good route runner, great at making catches outside the frame of his body, acrobatic, competitive, really tough after the catch, and didn't get great quarterbacking and still put up fantastic numbers this past season, like Ohio State's quarterback situation was not great, Like it was not a soft landing after what they've had in recent years.
Speaker 5: So I think he's number one.
Speaker 4: And I know a lot of people have, like Malik Neighbors nipping at his heels, and we've heard these rumors that Harrison is not a unanimous number one among NFL scouts and scouting departments. I kind of think it'd be crazy not to have him number one, because I, like, I don't know what else you could want in a wide receiver. It's one of those things like when Jamar Chase was at LSU, Like you'd watch him play and it's like, Okay, this guy can't miss. Injuries are the only thing that could stop this guy from becoming a star. I feel the exact same way about Marvin Harrison Junior, and I'm not sure I feel the same way about Malik Neighbors, Like I think he's terrific, but I think Marvin Harrison is absolutely fool proof, and I don't know if I feel the same about Neighbors.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the sort of ify quarterback play from Ale McCord at Ohio State this past season. In that sense, is there a landing spot Harrison could go to that would make you rethink where you might rank him as a rookie in fantasy? If he goes to, say the Patriots think he's just too good to pass up, they don't take a quarterback, so he's playing with who knows who in New England next year. Is a situation like that enough to maybe knock him down a peg or two fits or not?
Speaker 4: No, not for me, because it's Dynasty and they have a long runway, and whatever team he goes to, even if the quarterback situation is bleak for twenty twenty four, there's time for his team to get the quarterback situation right no matter where he goes.
Speaker 1: Bogman looking at this group as a trio, is it a one A, one B even one C situation? Is it one A, one B and two? Is it one and then two A two B? What's the separation between these three names of Harrison, Malik Neighbors and romadines to.
Speaker 2: Me, it's one, A, one B and two and I'm not I still have Marvin as my number one, but I am so much closer than fitz is because Malik Neighbors is so good. And really, for me, what it is about Malik is his He just he's so fast everywhere in every facet of the game. He's fast in his breaks, He's fast with the ball in his hands. He's fast at stopping, he's fast at starting again. I mean it is the crazy speed that he has in his footwork that you just don't see. I mean, it's Antonio Brownish, right. And he also he makes more guys miss than Marvin. The thing that Rome does better than both those guys is contested catches. So but you can also say he's got more opportunities for contested catches because he doesn't get the separation that Malik and Marvin do.
Speaker 1: So they're all very good. Marvin is amazing, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and that's why I was shaking my head when you asked the question about you know, do you knock him for his landing spot. I think there's very few wide receivers that are QB proof. I mean, we watched DeAndre Hopkins play with some bad qbs in Houston, right, it was like, you know, Yates and Shop and all of those guys. And he's still a Hall of Famer, you know, and playing in Tennessee with some bad quarterbacks even old. He looks good as well. So I think Malik is that guy. I think Marvin is that guy. I don't know if Rome is. You know, I think Rome is very, very good, and I know I think Lanzer lying comped him to Larry Fitzgerald. I'm not there yet, but I understand what he's saying. Rome looks amazing.
Speaker 1: He does he Dane Jeremiah have him ahead of neighbors too. I think I think he might. Yeah, there's a couple people. I mean, look, this is serious talent at the top of the wide receiver board. This is amazing talent. We don't have anyone at running back that is sniffing like the top seven wide receivers.
Speaker 2: It is crazy. So there's tons of talent up here, all major talent. If you want to split hair, if you want to say this guy's over that guy, I understand, they're all awesome, but for me, it is hard.
Speaker 3: Marvin Malik and then so.
Speaker 1: Let me follow up with a similar landing spot question. Let's say Dunesay goes to the Chargers, which everybody agrees would be an awesome spot for any of these pass catchers. And let's say Neighbors goes to like the Giants who are saddled with Daniel Jones Forela or something like that. Would you be interested in Dunda over Neighbors in your rookie drafts or it's kind of neighbors no matter what. He's just that good.
Speaker 2: I think his neighbors no matter what. For me, I just think the difference is too big there for me in terms of talent. But it's not gonna be you know, when you get down to the granular in the yards and the catches and the points, it's not it's gonna be like a point a game or two points a game. It's not gonna be that big of a difference. Of course, so it's not the biggest degree tous thing. But for me, I don't think so. I think it's still gonna be.
Speaker 3: Malik. Maybe I'll change my mind when we get there, but I don't think I will.
Speaker 1: So. Fitz, you are obviously super high on Kayleb Williams, and now Marvin Harrison Junior. Is there any case to be made for Harrison ahead of Williams in superflex rookie drafts?
Speaker 4: I was just in a super flex mock and someone took Marvin Harrison one on one. I personally couldn't do it. I'd take Caleb one on one. And you know, put it this way where I'm I've got one on one in in our league, in our Fantasy pros.
Speaker 1: Deep ros one oh one that he foolishly traded to you.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right. So yeah, and that that pick.
Speaker 4: As much as I love Marvin Harrison, that pick is not going to be Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh well, what about what about the rest of these guys? So let's let's say, because again there's no running back that we're considering, let's set brock Bowers aside for a second. The top three quarterbacks and the top three wide receivers in a super flex rook super flex rookie draft, how are you breaking them down? We're pretty sure that's Caleb one and Marvin Harrison two. Is neighbors going ahead of those quarterbacks like May and Daniels. Our quarterbacks just too valuable where those guys are going to be the third and fourth pick is going to alternate maybe like May then Neighbors and Daniels. How is that breaking down for you, bagman?
Speaker 3: I think that it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Caleb and Marvin one two for the most part, and then I think it's the quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 2: I think I'll have the quarterbacks there, just because once again, the context of a super flex league.
Speaker 3: You know, it's math.
Speaker 2: There's thirty two starting jobs, right, and there's really twenty eight starting jobs, like every year four spots are in a question or in flux or whatever, you know what I mean, So it's really less than thirty two. If you're in a twelve man league, not everybody can have three, So somebody's gonna be sitting on four, somebody's gonna be sitting on one, and the the the value of those quarterbacks is just so much higher because they're so limited and everybody has to start too. So I think in that case, I'm most likely going to go one, two, three the quarterbacks. But I understand putting Marvin in there, even Malik and Rome, Like the talent is high, high, high for all six of those guys.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that fits kind of that Caleb one, let's say Marvin two. What if three, four, five six looks like look like for you between the two quarterbacks and two receivers again setting aside Bowers.
Speaker 4: For the moment, Drake May is going to be three for sure, and then I still have to make up my mind on Daniels where I would whether I would slot him ahead of Neighbors and Odoonsay or behind or maybe even you know, driving away.
Speaker 1: This is not helpful to me because in that league you just referenced I have the one oh four, So I was hoping you would make it clear and if I should go Neighbors or whichever quarterback is there, and you're not making it clear.
Speaker 3: Take the QB worm, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I think that's weird. Obviously, we'll see how everything falls just quickly before we get off these three, just because they're so talented and are going to make I think a really early impact in the league. How many wide receivers are going to rank ahead of Harrison in Dynasty the moment he gets drafted. There's Justin Jefferson, there's Jamar Chase, there's CD Lamb. Is that it are all three of those even going to be ranked ahead of him. Is he that good that he's going to be ahead of any of those guys?
Speaker 5: Fits?
Speaker 1: How many wider receivers are head of Harrison for you?
Speaker 5: You just named the three.
Speaker 4: I've got him for one spot ahead of Amanron Saint Pron.
Speaker 1: Bogman, same three.
Speaker 2: I might put him behind him. A mana is so good, He's in that mix for sure. So he's either going to be three or four.
Speaker 1: Let's look at the next group of receivers. It's kind of a bigger group because it's not totally clear kind of who is going to go highest in the NFL draft, who should be highest in your rookie drafts. Some of the names though, Keon Coleman, Brian Thomas also at LSU, Troy Franklin, I like him a lot, Xavier Worthy, I know, Bogman likes him, Lad mcconkeye, id and I Mitchell also a guy Bogmin will like. You'll notice the pattern there. So of that group of six Coleman, Thomas, Franklin, Worthy, McConkie, and Mitchell Bogman, who stands out to you as the guy that might end up being the best value in rookie drafts?
Speaker 2: Best value probably Worthy. I think Worthy is going to slip a little bit.
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm underrating him. I don't know, because I'm insane. I look at him and I see Tyreek Kill, Like, right, that's crazy. Uh, there are way better comps for him. But he is a guy that I think his ceiling is so enormous because he's so fast. I think everything you wanted out of Marquise Brown you're gonna get from Xavier Worthy. So you know, he is slender though he's a slight guy. He's small, and you know you get you take hits from monsters like Derwin James running over the middle. There could be some injury issues with him, he is skinny, But in terms of value, I think out of all those guys, he's a guy that I think he could be as high as a middle of the first guy, or he could be a middle of day two guy. So I'm just not sure where he's gonna land and what evaluators think of him. But I'm I'm gonna be high on Worthy for sure.
Speaker 1: Who's your straight up favorite of that group?
Speaker 3: Not just best value Coleman it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I you know I watched a lot of Brian Thomas and I watched a lot of Troy Franklin, and I wanted to have a different opinion.
Speaker 3: Uh, but ke On Coleman is just so good. He is so good.
Speaker 2: He can high point I feel like any ball. It's just crazy the catch radius this guy has. He's enormous and he's fat, like he is so big, and I'm watching I'm watching some film with him the other day. He's returning kicks him punts for touchdowns like he's enormous.
Speaker 3: He's six ' four. So yeah, it's uh, it's Coleman for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know worry. I mean, you mentioned Rome with Dunes, they good at contested catches, because he has to make a lot of them. No worry about the same thing for Coleman.
Speaker 3: There's obviously worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do have to worry about that because there are some guys that come in and they come in into the league and that's the thing, right, and that's the knock on him. And that is why I was kind of like, you know, I keep seeing these mocks and Coleman's not going in the first it's Brian Thomas over him, it's Troy Franklin over him, And I think for fits, you know, for fits to the team.
Speaker 3: Sometimes those work better.
Speaker 2: I think one of those guys in Buffalo over Keon Coleman, I think works better, right, But I think just in terms of talent, Keo Coleman's too good to be ignored.
Speaker 1: So Pat Bogman just took the words right out of my mouth. Any one of these names you could see going to an awesome landing spot at the end of the first round. Maybe they don't get there. I'm sure a few of them will be pushed to the second round, but you could make a case for the Bills, the Chiefs, the Ravens, any one of these elite quarterbacks could be adding one of these guys at the back end of the first round this year. That's really enticing. Do you have a favorite of the group.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's also Coleman for me too.
Speaker 4: And like, I go and check on next Gen stats and where Mike Evans ranked in twenty twenty three in yards of separation and cushion rates and probably not top twenty five. I don't offhand where he ranks there, but like, I'm sure he didn't rank high in separation. Who cares, that's not Mike Evans game. That's the same thing with Keon Coleman. And you can see the Mike Evan in Keon Coleman's game and how he just like physically dominates the guys he's going up against. And oh, by the way, like Mike Evans, Kean Coleman has a basketball background, played for Tom Izzo at Michigan State before eventually winding up at Florida State.
Speaker 5: So yeah, like, I love the guy.
Speaker 4: It's it's easy for me to see how he's going to translate to the NFL, and if people want to get hung up on separation, it's kind of silly. But you know, I know some of the draft people I really respect, like Dane Brugler's got him like twenty eighth overall or something like that, which sounds about right to me.
Speaker 5: I mean, I love him.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see him wind up with Patrick Mahomes, but knowing how much that organization cherishes speed, I think Xavier Worthy might be a more of a fun match for Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: I And I think, you know, worrying about not being able to do one thing can be silly. Sometimes it's the thing that sinks the guy, right, But like people worried that DK metcalf was too stiff because he didn't do it good three cone drill. Right, nobody cares about how he's doing a three cone drill. He runs two routes and he beats everybody. So you know that's we can get hung up on the contested because it's not a joke. You know, the NFL corners are much much better than college corners, especially in the ACC, right, so that is no joke. But you know he makes so many contested catches because he boxes out. He has that basketball frame like fits mentioned, So I don't think that you have to worry about that too much for a guy of his size.
Speaker 4: And by the way, brut I was just gonna say, Brian Thomas, I think is everyone's consensus number four or like the broad consensus number four here, And I think he's terrific. Like I've been very impressed watching him, But there's been so much talent in that passing game, it's hard to know how much of it is Jade Daniels, how much of it is benefiting from playing with Malik Neighbors. Like that's the little hang up for me. No doubt he's really talented, but like can he be his own man?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Flight Johnny Wilson over here.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll move down and listen. Get to Johnny Wilson in a second. But first, if you guys are anything like me, you have had plenty of terrible experiences buying tickets. I was going to a huge Maryland basketball game a couple of years ago. You know it was a couple of years ago, because they're not having huge games anymore. Just about everything that could go wrong did. They were hidden fees that raised the prices by an obscene amount, not to mention, it was difficult to tell if we could even trust the seller, or how good the view would be from the seats, And of course there were no available deals to make it just a little more affordable. Thankfully, that is never the case with Game Time. You shouldn't have to worry when buying tickets, and with killer last minute deals all in prices, views from your seat and their best price guarantee, Game Time takes the guesswork out of the ticket buying process. I am on the app right now, and it stands out just how easy it is to navigate. The ticket buying experience is awesome. It's so smooth, immediately clear which tickets are the cheapest, where exactly those seats are, and at the top of the screen I can see flash deals to make sure I'm getting the best absolute price. Game Time is obsessed with finding ways to help you save money on tickets. They have deals on tickets right up to the start of the event, then even an hour after the event starts. It's the place to find last minute seats where you can find exclusive flash deals and sponsored deals on tickets for basketball, hockey, concerts, comedy theater and more. With zone deals, you pick the section and game Time picks the seats for big time savings, and the game Time guarantee means you'll always get the best price. If you find tickets in the same section in a row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference, So take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, create an account and use code Fantasy pros for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Term supply again. Create an account in a redeem code fa n tas y pros for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, Last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed Boggs. Let's quickly wrap up with these last group of receivers. Wrap up on the receiver section that is Jalen Polk, Roman Wilson, tes Walker, Malachi Corley, Jalen McMillan, Xavier Leggett, and Johnny Wilson. Any of those names stand out to you, I mean all of them do.
Speaker 2: It's so funny when you look at this class versus last year, because we would be this is the third tier. We would be talking about these guys in the second round last year and probably this year too. Roman Wilson obviously made a huge chump for himself during the Senior Bowl, so much so that he left practice on Thursday or Friday or whatever it was. So you know another guy that like McCarthy, they didn't throw the ball that much at Michigan, right, So there's less of what you'd want to see, But what you see is amazing from Roman Polk. I just watched and I think I might have watched his best game. It was against cal He was unstoppable. He's he just gets open, very very good against own and Malkai Corley. This is one of fits his guys and this is you know, Deebo light, that's what everybody calls him. Represents, you know, the same skill set as Deebo. I don't know if he has the same talent level, but he is very good too and played at a small school, so a lot of guys don't know who he is yet. But Malachi corleyt at Wku is a huge name as well, So there's a lot of talent down here.
Speaker 1: We've got a TikTok up on the Fantasy Pros page about Malachai Corley as a sleeper wide receiver in this year's class. So everybody be sure to follow us there because we're going to have player profiles and underrated prospects all draft season long. Fits. When I put together this list, you insisted that we had Johnny Wilson to it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he's just so big.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's like the guy who I think some fantasy platforms are going to.
Speaker 5: Have a hard time.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have meetings over where to what kind of eligibility to give Johnny Wilson, like tight end or wide receiver. He's gonna be like Marcus Colston was coming into the NFL going of the Saints, so.
Speaker 3: Yeahhoo, they'll just give him both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, But what is he He's like six six or six seven?
Speaker 5: I think they said he.
Speaker 4: Maybe wait seven, yeah, or maybe he measured in at like six ' six something at the six senior ball change, right, yeah, yeah, and just like this big dude obviously major red zone potential, Like Darren Wallers, is a comp that gets thrown around quite a bit. So like I'd I'd be much more excited about him as a tight end than as a wide receiver because I don't think he's going to be a big explosive playmaker. But there is a lot of red zone touchdown potential here.
Speaker 1: Who knows how accurate it is, but ESPN has six seven, two hundred and thirty seven thountains.
Speaker 5: It's a big wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Big man got to use him like the Ravens do Isaiah Likely? You know, Yeah, he can't play in line, but neither can Likely, so who cares.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. I'm looking it up now what Likely's measurements are.
Speaker 2: Because he's six fours, I don't think he's that tall, but he's very tall.
Speaker 1: He's he's six four two thirty five, so he is smaller than Johnny Wilson, at least according to team he's enormous. Yes, yes, he is not small. Let's move to a far less exciting position this year and listen, there are going to be names in this running back class that find roles that maybe even our starters. There are guys here that people like, But there is no Jamiir Gibbs, There's no Bjon Robinson. There's nobody even within a tier or two tiers, of what those guys would have been if they were in the same class. We talked about it when we were looking at our early running back tiers for Dynasty overall, not just rookies. We talked a bit about the rookies and said, there's probably gonna be none of them taken in the first round of your superflex super Flex rookie drafts. So it is a down year, no doubt about it. But there are still a lot of interesting names. I'll throw eight at you here, and I want you guys pick ones that stand out. Blake Korum, Braylan Allen, Jonathan Brooks, Trey Benson, Bucky Irving, Audric Estimae Ray Davis, and Marshawn Lloyd Bogman. Do any of those names stand out as guys that you think could end up being NFL starters and therefore starters for your fantasy team.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Jonathan Brooks is the best running back in this class. I don't think it's really close. But he tore his ACL in November, so he's gonna fall down boards. He's gonna be off boards, And it's tough to say a guy coming in the NFL is going to look exactly the same because you're jumping a level and you're coming off an entry, so he's gonna be a little bit lower.
Speaker 3: But I gotta shout out my Texas guy.
Speaker 2: But the guy that I like the most out of this group is Bucky Irving, and it's a little surprising. Bucky is not the physical force that like a Blake korm Is or especially a Braylan Allen, But you can line him up anywhere. My dream scenario for Bucky, and I just did this in a mock with my buddy c k over at in this league where I do a draft podcast over there. We put him in Philly in the second round. He was our first running back off the board. I just think the fit is perfect. He played at Oregon in the spread system, ran a lot of RPOs. He ran he he was in the slot, he lined about wide at wide receiver as well. And he's electric with the ball in his hands. He's so super fast. So Bucky was the guy that stood out to me among all of the running backs out of this group that you mentioned.
Speaker 1: Fitz, what do you think about any of these games? I mean, Marshawn Lloyd had a great Senior Bowl. People were buzzing about him under that.
Speaker 3: He's a usc too, Like he's absolutely a big name.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I know, like Odrick estimae Is says, sneaky had like a really good career at Notre Dame. Maybe not so sneaky. I know, folks that the Ringer really like Trey Benson. I've seen football guys really likes Irving as well and Estimate. So it kind of depends like where you look, you'll see different people who kind of I don't know if those are actually there RB ones. It show the sites, but you kind of see different guys getting hyped up in different places. That's kind of the nature of the class this year. Who's the guy for you fits?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you would expect me to say Brayln Allen. Since I'm the Wisconsin guy and you can pull.
Speaker 1: A Bogman and just picked the guy. I don't have the luxury of doing that because there's no good Maryland players this year. You guys need to be homers for me.
Speaker 4: But there's gonna be oh Man, there's gonna be a lot of excitement in a couple of weeks when Braylan Allen shows up at like two hundred and forty pounds and runs like a good time. I'm not going to make a prediction on the time, but I think it's gonna be one that it's gonna have people really excited.
Speaker 5: But like, he is an early down thumper.
Speaker 4: And that's not necessarily the most valuable archetype of running back to have in dynasty when Dynasty leagues are predominantly PPR leagues, and Braylan Allen, like, you know, he showed that he can catch a ball, he just can't do much in space when he catches it. He's not that kind of guy. For my money, the best pure runner in this class is Blake Koram, And that's hard because I don't really love Michigan football. But I see a lot of Ray Rice when I see Blake Korm. I see a guy who's just like a resourceful runner. He can like for a smaller guy, and he's kind of overaged some so some Dynasty managers are not gonna like that. Small and over age not a great combination for running backs.
Speaker 5: But man he is.
Speaker 4: So he's got maybe not devon a Chan's contact balance, but he's got really good contact balance, just a really good feel for finding creases.
Speaker 5: I like him a lot.
Speaker 4: And I'm a big fan of Ray Davis from Kentucky, a guy who showed run catch versatility and this dude is tough, just like the way he runs through contact reminds me a little bit of Josh Jacobs. Also his personal life not unlike Josh Jacobs. I think Ray Davis also experienced homelessness. So just a real good story and a tough kid. Big fan of him. Yeah, these first eight though, like there's not going to be much unanimity among Dynasty managers in choosing which running back should go first. Like there's gonna be a lot of arguing in the months to come about how to stack this running back board.
Speaker 1: It's going to be very landing spot dependent and everybody is to a degree. But this especially this grouping, is going to be who gets that day to draft capital, who goes to a spot where there's not an obvious starter, who goes to a good offense. That is going to matter immensely for these first eight ish names. There might be other names that kind of rise later in the process. But what do you think about trade Benson? Because he's a guy that I've a couple of people that I really trust in the space I've seen have liked him, and then I've seen others who aren't as high. What do you make of Benson?
Speaker 3: I didn't like him.
Speaker 2: I think he ran a little too upright for me. Reminded me a little bit of Ronald Jones. So I don't know. I just there's a little he has so much burst, he's so fast. I don't know he's going to be lower for me. It doesn't mean he's a bad back. And you put him in a landing spot in you know, you'll lean him over a little bit. Now he's all of a sudden a much better back, So you know, I think these things are fixable. But for a guy coming into the NFL, I was a little unimpressed, and I thought he was gonna be my favorite after watching him at Florida State so much. When I really dug in, I just put him a little lower on my board. I don't know if I'm gonna have him much lower than five or six, right, but he's definitely not gonna be one for me.
Speaker 1: So obviously we're not expecting any of these guys to be a first round pick in the NFL draft. Do we expect any of them to even be a top fifty pick, to even be a round two pick. I mean, it's hard to imagine two rounds going by without drafting a running back. But given the state of this class, given the state of how the position is valued, I mean, bogwan, where is the first guy getting drafted? You know, I'm not ask you to put a name on it, but where is whoever the guy is going to be?
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be just right around fifty, before or after, I don't think really matters. I think it's somewhere late in the second round is where we're going to see the first one go. And you know, I mean like a lot of the teams picking, you know, when I'm going through it now, And obviously this is before even free agency has happened. It's hard to stick a running back, especially with all of the wide receiver talent and all the cornerback talent and all of that in the first couple of rounds. There's a lot of offensive lineman issues in the NFL as well, So it's like you either have better talent at different positions or more dire needs for some of these NFL teams. So yeah, I think if I'm betting, I would say, post pick fifty.
Speaker 4: How about Blake Korham to Jim Harbaugh and the Chargers in the mid to upper mid to early second round.
Speaker 3: I'd rather see heavy or Worthy there.
Speaker 2: But yes, that is definitely a possibility, and it depends on what Harbaugh chooses to do with that pick at what is it six? So is that Joe Walt or is that Brock Bauers. Is that a playmaker? Because if that's the case, you know Harball is going offensive line in the second round. But if it's an offensive lineman, then that leaves that spot open for quorum. You know, obviously trades are gonna work for agency is gonna work a lot of those needs out as well, But that landing spot would be amazing because you know, That's exactly what Harbaugh wants to do. He wants to run the ball sixty times a game, down your throat and never throw it. That's what he wants to do. It's what they did at Michigan, and that's what he did with the Niners too.
Speaker 5: You could maybe get corm in the third two.
Speaker 2: It's maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the Chargers didn't have Justin Herbert, you know that fifth pick would be JJ McCarthy the way Jim Harbott talks about him. We were talking about the rookies today, of course, But if you want an even deeper dive into all the twists and turns of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft season, our friends Thorne Iistroum and Derek Brown have got you covered. They'll now be bringing you weekly NFL Draft episodes right here on the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast feed all throughout draft season in his brand new show. They just dropped the first episode on Wednesday. It was about their top ten quarterbacks in this year's draft class. Spoiler alert, deebro is very high on JJ McCarthy, maybe even higher than Jim Harbaugh is on McCarthy. Definitely go check out that episode. To find out why and hear the guys break down every position all draft season long. Sort of the back half of our top running backs here, Will Shipley, Cody Schrader, Isaiah Davis, Kamani Vidal, Dylan Low, Jalen Wright, Frankor Junior fits. Jalen Wright is a guy that I've seen a lot of people tweeting about lately. Is he somebody that stands out to you as well?
Speaker 5: Playmaker?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to see what he runs in Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: That that's gonna be a big one. I think. I like a lot of these guys.
Speaker 4: Shipley is interesting, Cody Schrader and Isaiah Davis.
Speaker 5: I know our guys Thor.
Speaker 4: Likes, and I haven't seen much of Isaiah Davis at all because I believe he's the South Dakota State jack rabbit.
Speaker 5: Is that right, Isaiah Davis?
Speaker 4: So you know, I like Cody Schrader carried a pretty big load from Missouri, but then again, so did Tyler Bady, and he hasn't been able to get a foothold in the NFL.
Speaker 5: So yeah, interesting group here.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing, like we always see Day three rookie running backs pop as rookies like one of probably one of these guys in the like nine to seventeen, it's gonna wind up being a thousand yard back, like it seems to inevitably happen. And you know, this is just sort of an opaque running back class, Like it is hard to see through the fog and figure out which one of these guys are going to fire right away.
Speaker 1: Bog mean, I think I saw you nodding when I mentioned Jalen Wright. Is he kind of a guy for you too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So in this group, I like Jalen Wright a lot. My buddy c K was like, you got to watch him. I was like, okay, So I went back and watched him. He's very good. Yeah so, and he's more complete. I think he's had his injury stuff. There's there's some red flag about him. I'm not remembering off the top of my head. But Kamani Vidal too, got a little bit of mention in a couple of podcasts I was watching. I was looking at his stats. Ninety four miss tackles forced and out of this group, that is the highest. As our boy Thor would say with a bullet. Bucky Irving sixty nine miss tackles forced and Bucky has the highest elusive rating on PFF. Out of all these guys, Vadal is I believe fourth or fifth, and Jalen Wright is third out of this group of forty three mess tackles as well, in only one hundred, one hundred and fifty eight touches, Bucky had two forty one, Kamani Vidal had three hundred and thirteen. So all these guys are more complete backs. Isaiah Davis too complete back. I would put those guys ahead of Shipley, ahead of Strader. I think those are passing down guys, and I think Will Shipley is smart enough to run inside.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: He's big enough to run inside, so I think he's gonna have to be a receiving back, a third down guy, an outside zone runner, something like that. I don't think he can keep it between the gaps.
Speaker 1: Fits. I know you're no stranger too. Wow, I'm so old moments, but I had won when I saw Frank Ord Junior's name for the first time as one of the first sons of a player that I vividly remember watching for multiple years.
Speaker 3: I mean Franks retired like three years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, being so durable for so long for sure. I mean not that we're putting Hall of Fame career, you know, level type numbers on his son, but any similarities in their game at all.
Speaker 5: Not really.
Speaker 4: I mean, like Frank Gore Senior was kind of like he was always pretty rugged and a tough between the tackles. Guy Junior, I think is like five eight and under two hundred pounds, So they're not going to be the same type of back. He's gonna have to succeed in a different sort of way.
Speaker 1: Bogman, any interestedologist, as you know, the son of a great player. I mean, not not quite in the level of Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 2: As far as teams his class, but right, yeah, and by the way, Marvin he went in the Hall of Fame so fast fits he went in twenty sixteen, Marvin Harrison, so he went and did fast retiring. It's crazy, but yeah, look, Frank Gore another guy that carried the load. I mean, he did everything for Southern MYSS. So I am curious to see where he goes because you know, you can put him on special teams. He's going to give everything he has, right, He's just a heart player. So yeah, I think I'm I'm at least interested to see where he lands.
Speaker 1: This wasn't a question I plan on asking, but just before we move off the running backs in as far as last year's running backs, because I mentioned there's no Junior Gibbs or Beijon in this year's class, I'm curious, just you know, trying to rank the tops of classes in general, year over year is always a fascinating conversation to me, where would Bijon and Gibbs go at the top of super flex rookie drafts if they were in this year's class, like trying to compare. Was that just a historically good running back top of the class where those guys would be in the conversation with Marvin Harrison Junior and Drake May and Malik Neighbors, or is the position so devalued now, particularly in Dynasty, that nobody would be able to kind of break into that top half of the first round without being like generationally special fits.
Speaker 3: What do you think John Third?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think he's still going ahead of Roma dune'esday. I think I think he'd go ahead of Jane Daniels. For me, I think I would have taken him ahead of mylik neighbors, not ahead of Harrison, not ahead of Kaleb.
Speaker 5: I would have taken him third.
Speaker 1: What about Gibbs behind neighbors behind it? Okay, so it is still possible to have running backs up there, even in a really good class elsewhere, it just takes really special guys then, ye, speaking of very special talents, let's go to tight end, where there's only one name I want to talk about at the top. We'll talk about other guys as well. Don't worry, Bogman will get to your guy at the top. You know, much like wide receiver and much like quarterback, there is a very clear number one. And in this case, maybe depending on how much of a homer Bobin wants to be, not that many players close behind him. It's Brock Bowers. I referenced him earlier. I want to ask the top because there's no debate about whether or not he's tight end one in this class? Is he tight end one of the last several years? Is he a better prospect than Kyle hits was coming out? You see a better prospect than any other tight end you can think of, because Pitts has had sort of the generational athlete, you know, label thrown on him by some people, but Bowers has been really productive since day one at Georgia. Bogman, what do you.
Speaker 5: Think, Uh?
Speaker 2: I think I have brock Bawers lower in my thought process than Pitts, But I think it's because of Pitts and what he's done at the NFL level, you know what I mean. So brock Bowers to me is the third best pass catcher in this class. I would put him behind Neighbors, I'd put him behind Marvin Harrison. So I'm still gonna have him ahead of Roma Dunze depending on where Rome ends up right and where brock Bowers ends up. But I do think brock Bauers is very good, and I think it may be wrong to view him as a tight end. He is just he is a tight end. But he's a tight end in the sense that you know, Mark Andrews is a tight end.
Speaker 3: He's not doing a lot of blocking.
Speaker 2: He is out there to be an option number one for a team that needs him. Like I could easily see him going to the Chargers right with that early pick, I could easily see him going to Tennessee. And in those scenarios, I mean, Keenan All might be a cap casualty. Mike Williams should be a cap casualty. And now all of a sudden you have nobody except Quentin Johnson and Joshua Palmer in LA. So let's get in Brock Bowers. He could be a number one there is he already? Would he be better than a fading DeAndre Hopkins in Tennessee? I think he would.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: I think landing spot in terms of fantasy is going to be enormous for really any tight end, but Brock Bowers in particular, because he is that level of talent that will bump up against that insane wide receiver talent that we have. But it's just it depends on where he lands. And there's a picture floating around. Did you see the picture with him next to Gronk at the Super Bowl? And he looks, you know, like someone begging for change next to Gronk because he's so skinny.
Speaker 3: Gronky looks like a wrestler, you know.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to ask about that because Bowers is a little undersized for the.
Speaker 2: Position, right, and he's had some injuries. Yes, so, but you're not gonna ask a guy of that talent. I mean, he may eventually switch to wide receiver. You're not gonna ask a guy of that talent to block in the run game too much. You know he will do is blocking that he should be, but you're not gonna put him in line to block the monsters. He's not gonna be blocking Miles Garrett or TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt. He's gonna be outside blocking white outs.
Speaker 1: I think I referenced this quote when we did our tight End Tears episode, But I remember in the Kyle Pitts year, Daniel Jeremiah said, take tight end off of him, just call him a wide receiver and he's the best one in the class. Now that didn't end up being true because Jumar Chase is in that class, but it seems like it's kind of the same sort of thing with Bowers, where like, just ignore the fact that he has te next to his name. He's a top three pass catcher in the class. Do you agree with that fits that he would be ahead of a Donze but behind Harrison and Neighbors if you grouped all the pass catchers together, I think so.
Speaker 5: I think that's where I would.
Speaker 2: You have a mat of Neighbors fits, because you know you were Marvin Harrison with a bullet more.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could do it. Oh, I don't think I could do it.
Speaker 4: But one of the reasons I think maybe Bowers has an easier transition to the NFL than Pitt's had is because Pitts is sort of a get open against mismatches linebackers and safeties and you know, make make the catch, make acrobatic catches in the end zone, whereas I think Bauers is more the traditional tight end at least maybe not in terms of blocking, but in terms of like taking a short pass and rampaging through defenses after the catch. Like that is where Brock Bauers just shines like he is a load to bring down, even though he's not gronk sized, Like he is just so nasty after the catch, skinny yep. And I mean he reminds me a lot of Laporta in that regard, like a junior version of Kelsey in that regard. But I mean, like you saw it from the most moment he uh set foot on the field for Georgia too in twenty twenty one, Like I saw the guy right away. I'm like, oh my gosh, we have to wait until the spring of twenty twenty forty draft. This guy in dynasty like it was in it's been in interminable waits and I'm very excited that he finally hear.
Speaker 1: So Obviously with tight end in particular, like team need in terms of your dynasty rosters is very relevant. If you have like San Laporta on your roster, you're probably more likely to go for you know, a Roma Dun's Air, neighbors or whoever. But agnostic of that, if I like to try and put context into in actual rookie drafts, where are these guys going, Kayler Williams one, Marvin Harrison Junior to Drake May three, neighbors and Daniels four and five, Bowers six, odunesday seven. That that's the clear top seven? Is that about the right order fits?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think that that sounds pretty good to me.
Speaker 2: Same, Yeah, absolutely, I think that's the That is the order without context to your teams or these guys landing on teams yet or the combine, because look, the combine separates and it doesn't just separate, you know, the good from the bad. It separates the good from the pretty good, you know as well. So in a stacked class of wide receivers, you're gonna see a lot of separation from the combine.
Speaker 3: Same thing with running backs.
Speaker 2: Even though the uh, you know, the class is bad, you're gonna see a lot of separation from the combine as well. Because the class, because they're all kind of clumped together, you're gonna get a little more separation after the combine. Whether that's because of numbers or what we just hear from GMS talking and rumors and stuff. So you know, there's a lot that goes into it.
Speaker 1: So, Bob mean, let's say brock Bauers is a let's just say, out of scale one to ten, he's a ten out of ten tight end prospect. Jatavian Sanders tight end two in the class is a what out.
Speaker 2: Of ten, six, five somewhere. So there is a clear, clear, enormous Yeah, look, I love.
Speaker 1: Sanders closer to Bowers than he is to tight end three? Or is the gap so wide that Sanders, even though he's clear tight end two, is actually closer to tight.
Speaker 2: End there's that moneyball gap, you know, you know what I'm talking about, Like, Yeah, there's there's the rich teams, there's the four teams, and then there's UH and then there's the rest of the tight ends. That's what it is in this class. It really is, like, I mean, you're gonna see a lot of separation in the combine and tight ends because someone has to pop up outside of the top two here. So I think there's an enormous gap between Bowers and Sanders, and I love Sanders, and there may not be that type of gap in production, but in terms of talent, uh, there definitely is. It depends on where Sanders lands. But the rest of these guys could all be never heard of again. And I in terms of fantasy, like, obviously they're gonna be on pro teams for a long time, but it wouldn't shock me if there wasn't another one to crop up their head and have real impact in terms of fantasy.
Speaker 3: You know, beyond those top two fits.
Speaker 1: What's your read on Sanders, because if you look at our staff rankings, you know, just sort by tight ends, only Devro has a tight end eight right now in Dynasty you and Eric said, I'm like tight in eighteen, tighten twenty, So obviously you're not quite as high as de Rose. Again, check out their NFL Draft show for him. A thorner to break that down. But what's your read on Sanders.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, I don't have a good one, and he's been one of my hardest guys to rank for like overall rankings in this rookie class, Like, I don't know where Jitavian Sanders really should go in super flex rookie drafts.
Speaker 5: Where do you think he belongs, Bagman?
Speaker 2: In terms, So we're talking about in terms against the rest of the tight ends.
Speaker 4: Yes, in a twelve team No, No, not against the rest of the tight ends, because he's clearly too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, overall, I thought we were talking about tight ends in the league.
Speaker 5: Okay, so late second, mid.
Speaker 3: Second, late second.
Speaker 2: There's so many wide receivers, and I love Sanders and maybe he'll have a bigger impact than a couple of those wide receivers that are low. But I can't take him ahead of I can't take him ahead of Roman. Yeah, you know that. There are so many guys. There's a couple running backs. Still, I would take over Jatavian as well, and I love Jatavian. I think he's great, but he is undersized, which is going to take him off the field a little bit more. You know, can Tessa catches he's okay, he's not doing a ton after the catch. I think you have four missed tackles forced. The rest of these guys had him. I'm there are a couple guys down there that I'm intrigued by.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean Sanders has got to go.
Speaker 1: What round do you think he goes in in the NFL draft?
Speaker 3: I think the second. I think late second. He could push.
Speaker 2: If he has a good combine, I could see him pushing early second.
Speaker 1: Who goes higher, Jatavian Sanders or RB one, whoever.
Speaker 2: That is Sanders. It really depends on who takes him. But I think tight end. And this is why you see brock Bauer slipping down at like fifteen sixteen and a lot of MUCKs. Right now, tight end is kind of becoming running back in terms of how the NFL used the position. It us it less and less and less, and it's more like, okay, well, I need a receiving tight end and I need a blocking tight end, not one complete tight end anymore. They're separating the jobs on the field, kind of like our BBC right running back by committee. A lot of teams are going to so the NFL is just changing the landscape of the position overall, So I think receiving tight ends, there's so many, so teams are viewing them less and less but good combine early second, bad combine early third. I think that's what Sanders is looking at fits.
Speaker 1: Quickly to wrap up any other tight ends even worth mentioning Kate Stover. I know Jaheem Bell has kind of a unique skill set for the position, but this is just such a clear one and clear two really that it seems like there's almost not worth wasting time in any of these other guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: I mean, Stover I think made Dan Brugler's top one hundred kind of near the back end of it, which you know, could could make them a Day three or a Day two candidate.
Speaker 5: Jaheim Bell interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm kind of glad you mentioned him before the show that we should maybe talk about him where I agree, because he's kind of like a typical for a tight end, and that he's sort of twitchy and quick, so like maybe if he does something special at the combine workouts, he could possibly vault himself into like late Day two consideration. But yeah, I mean, like this is a boy, it's a tough group to sort out after Bowers and Sanders.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you what are you missing, Hayden Hurst? Is that why you like Jaheen Bell so much?
Speaker 1: No, No, I had I have Jeeen Bell in my campus to Canton League, so I watched him a little closer than I might have some of these other tight ends way down. And he is, I mean, like Fitz said, and it's why I mentioned him like just a unique a guy that can be using unique ways. He's not some star, He's not gonna I don't think he's likely to be a fantasy starter for you ever, really, but he's the type of player that I think an NFL team can take and find creative ways to use him. Whether it's in the red zone, you can hand the ball off to him. I mean again, I'm not saying I'm not going out on a limb here and like playing my flag on jeem Bell.
Speaker 3: He's just like an h back.
Speaker 2: I think if one, if one guy is gonna jump up, I think it's Hulker, the Dylan Hulker, the tight end out of Colorado State. I think he got a lot of usage, a lot like Trey McBride, you know. And I'm not compared to Trey McBride is way better. But I do think that this is a guy that could push himself into early day three with a good combine and good meetings and stuff. So I think that's a guy I know a lot of people like Ben Snatt as well. I think that he's a guy that can push himself up. Already has the effort, all that is there. He's a high motor guy. So there's talent there, but it's separating it what it's going to look like. And then how does the NFL see these guys right is a big, big question, and I think we'll get way more answers about that after the combine.
Speaker 1: This rookie class is deep, it's fun, it's interesting. We gave you an extra ten minutes on today's show to try and get through as many names as possible. We will get out of here on that. And yeah, if you're just diving in, you know super Bowl is over. Now is the time that you're sort of flipping the switch. This can be kind of an intro for you. If you are a die hard and already been kind of in the weeds of these rookie drafts, this can be a snapshot in time here as we headed in the combine, will of course update sort of rankings and tiers and stuff on the show throughout the next couple of months, but like I said, we'll get out of here on that. So four fits and for Bogman, I am Ryan warmly thank you everybody for tuning in and sticking with us for seventy minutes. We'll see you again next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros