Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really miss podcast. It's a special, special day because I get to be with Kevin McHale.
Speaker 2: That's right, You're welcome. Welcome everyone. It's especially for all of you because I'm here with you.
Speaker 1: You graced us for your presence. We're so very lucky.
Speaker 2: You never know who'm going to show, but I did.
Speaker 1: He did, he showed up. Hello, everybody home to the show. I just have to say I have not sat in a live theater and I don't even know how long. And last night I saw The Whiz, which is a touring production that is going to be transferred to Broadway very shortly, and it is so damn good. I mean, Kevin. I was like Kevin would be hooting and hollering and standing and doing his things because I truly could not stop thinking about you. It was like the time you just immediately after I did in the intermission because I said, Kevin has to see this. The voices are like like imagine melted butter, and then you melt it again.
Speaker 2: It's I know exactly what you're talking. Good.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so good and it's funny and it's colorful, and it's soulful and inspired and boy, oh boy, if you are in LA or if the production comes to you, or you're you go to New York, go see it. It is really really great.
Speaker 2: Do you know when it ends up on Broadway?
Speaker 1: I think like soon the Marquee is up, so March probably, yeah.
Speaker 2: This season. So okay, I need to get ticketswealtz.
Speaker 1: Here, you gotta. It just opened last night, so you have time. But yeah, we went, We went, and it was glorious. I'm so it was well worth it, well worth the visit.
Speaker 2: You know me, If you text me during intermission, then that's a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I won't. I won't make you go see a lot of theater, but this is you got to go.
Speaker 2: I do love the Wiz in general. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. Okay, it's so good.
Speaker 2: How exciting? Though, you know, I love a revival that.
Speaker 1: Is just good. Every song is so excellent in its own, like on its own, and then you put these amazing vocalists on them and it is gold. I mean, I cannot wait for this recording. I am. I am literally waiting on Baated both I'm so excited they found this. Michelle Lewis, she's twenty four. She plays drothy and they found her on TikTok. What She's a star, like, such a big career ahead of her twenty four years old.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kyle's in it.
Speaker 1: M M. Kyle is very amazing, wonderful. He plays the lion. He's so good. Kyle is so stupidly talented, stupid.
Speaker 2: I saw that great and strange loop, strange loop, and I did a workshop with him. Oh that's right, and just like the most insane voice and like sweet person.
Speaker 1: He's so funny in this, so funny. Anyway, I'm so excited for them. It's going to be a great broway around there in such great shape. It's really excellent. Yeah, very exciting.
Speaker 2: They weren't even getting paid for this. Jenna's just exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I don't lie, oh't lie anyway. It was worth the eleven o'clock I'll go heading home. Its right for me. Yes, I don't see eleven o'clock very often. Okay, let's talk about some music. This is season three, episode sixteen, Saturday Night Gleever.
Speaker 2: I have such specific memories and non memories of this and we'll we'll talk about it when we arrived there. But it was funny. I was like, why is my memory working this way with this episode? And then I saw the scenes happening and in real time could remember the feeling and I don't. I can't always do that most of the time, I can't, but I remember the feeling of how I felt during these scenes, Like That's why my memory is like this for this episode.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting.
Speaker 2: It was really strangers, very out of body.
Speaker 1: Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Need speaking of way, have you heard Beyonce's new country songs?
Speaker 1: No, Jenna, I know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I look to you for all this, Jenna. Did you watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: And did you see the Beyonce commercial?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh god, Okay, I don't know how we're going to get through this now.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I was chasing a toddler, Okay. I sat down for usher, a toddler and me and and over tiler. It's probably the two times I looked at the screen.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, fair, I'll allow it. I'll send you a link after this, Okay, I think you Okay. Anyway, Saturday Night, Gleaver in the News this week in twenty twelve and April seventeenth, We Are Young is still number one by fun, I mean also crazy that Jack Antonoff isn't fun. And then they had this like gigantic album one best new artist, but they're not new, like they've all they're all season musicians have been around for forever, right, and Jack Antonov becomes the go to producer for all things great female music, right like shortly after this water launching pad. Yeah, right, crazy, that is crazy anyway, the number one movie Hunger Games still you know, we're just keeping it the same because it is a gigantic snapshot. I feel like Hunger Games and We Are Young were just huge. Yeah, they changed music because of Jack Antonov. It changed movies because Jennifer Lawrence became a bona fide movie star after this.
Speaker 1: Right. I remember when we were at the SAG Awards and Winter's Bone just had it was a season of Winter's Bone, and she came on the carpet. Nobody really knew who she was, like unless you'd seen the movie, and everybody's like, she's the one to look out for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she filmed this Silver Lenning's Playbook and something else and none of them had come out yet all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah did it girl? Glee is this week on April nineteenth, and this episode aired on April seventeenth, twenty twelve. Cupcake Wars was filmed on the set. It was season six, episode three, Cupcake Champions Glee, and this was Aaron May and the cup artists created sweets inspired by Glee, and then the waitning treats were served to the Glee cast and crew. Now I have zero memory of this, but Kevin had been looking at a picture in a document where you are with Amber, the host of Cupcake Wars and holding cookcakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you eat to do cooking? Of course I did. I also very much looks like I am in a shirt I borrowed from wardrobe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a like a purple piano project exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a random, random shirt. Amber looks like she's in costume, right, Because we also did this for Master Chef and so I loved this sort of thing because it was a break in the day. We got some treats and I ran out there and ate everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not a cocaine crowl but I am a Mastership girl. So we'll get there. But I don't love cupcakes, but you like sweets. Yeah, And the fact that like another show was doing a Glee theme show. It just felt crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like these things didn't really ever feel real old, like you never got really used to it.
Speaker 1: This was directed by Brad Beeker this episode, and there's that happens and Jay Groff comes back as Jesse Saint James and it's the first.
Speaker 2: Time he is an only time he's back and has no scenes with Leah. Well that's right, yeah, fun fact.
Speaker 1: So Alex Nolan makes his first appearance is Unique and tears that ship up. I mean, I was so nervous because I don't remember Alex coming into this episode and then you have that whole beautiful moment where you have out and you have a unique birth.
Speaker 2: And it's just funny, like that is Alex in real life all the time. And so to see Alex not being that first, it's like, Okay, we're acting, right, and then Unique happens. I'm like, and we're not acting. Alex is just like oozing oozing with charm and wit and just everyone knows like the stupid, just amount of talent right exactly, Like thank god Alex ended up on the show.
Speaker 1: Thank god right, so good and so fun and we just said the best time. It's it's crazy to me that he starts so early on because I really I just associate Alex with the new class. I do too, very much so because that's when we all kind of melded in a different way. Yeah, but man, oh man, Alex has does some bangers in this show, right.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yeah, let's just get this going. Can we get a highlight reel? Like, I just need to see all of the uniqueness.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's up there, all right, we gotta get him on. Let's talk about the songs in this episode. So can you do a lot of music? And it's all disco. You should be dancing by the Beg's Night Fever, Disco Inferno by the Tramps. If I can't have you, Beg's How Deep Is Your Love? Beg's Boogie Shoes by Casey in the Sunshine Band, More than a Woman, Beg's and Staying Alive Way for It, the Beg's. Damn, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: That's so many hits.
Speaker 1: I don't think I realized it was all of Beg's.
Speaker 2: I mean, because the whole thing is based off of that soundtrack. And the Beaches to the soundtrack and.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, It's.
Speaker 2: Just it's a little funny. I feel like that we're doing a tribute episode for Saturday Night Fever, Right, that feels funny to me.
Speaker 1: Right, And like we've been on like this, like Top forty, like Streak recently, lots of current music, lots of pop music. So this feels like a departure from the norm of season three.
Speaker 2: But reminiscent of the earlier seasons because seventies hit and Satay Night Fever was a gigantic cultural phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think also the fact that, like Will, we associate like a lot of disco with Will Schuster to use that clip.
Speaker 2: Of young Will that was shot during the pilot.
Speaker 1: Right, they used it and cut it where they shot it and cut it. Yeah, Okay, there's some fun facts in this episode.
Speaker 2: My favorite part. I love fun facts.
Speaker 1: Let's go tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay. This is the first tribute episode not written by Ryan, Well, not to Ryan on the page. Yes, but Ryan's in that room telling everybody what's happening.
Speaker 1: That's what always.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the second episode to be a tribute to a film, after a Rocky Horror, Glee show.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's the second episode to be a tribute to an album, the first being Rumors. Obviously best fun fact Jenna, Uh, do you want to say it? No, you say it? The disco floor used in the choir room is the actual disco floor from Saturday Night Fever. I mean, that's really cool. And I don't actually know that I remembered that, but now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure we knew that. When we were shooting. I think we knew that, and I think by that point we were like, oh my god, that's crazy. But also, all right, this is a long day. That's my feeling of this episode was just like.
Speaker 1: One really long day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because there's not I mean you can tell by the song list going into this episode there's not a lot outside of the songs take up a majority of this episode, that's right. And this dialogue scenes are very expeditious. They trim the fat, you say only what you need to say, and then we're out into another song.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's efficient because there's this not a lot.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of time, No a lot happening. Okay, So Blaine is seen in class with both Mike and Brittany despite being younger. Yes, we can call that honors a pe whatever. You know. I took classes with younger and older students when I was in school. When asked how old Blaine actually was, Ryan said, Blaine is ambiguous. Darren had said that he had no idea how old Blaine is, as when he first joined the show, he was told Blaine was a year older than Kurt, but then was somehow a year younger when he transferred. So beat that because no, And and when Ian was talking about it, I remember he was like he was supposed to kind of be this like time doesn't really existing, and that's and I think that's why they It was started that way. And then when we started getting into like talking about senior year and juniors and blah blah blah and all of these things like it it had to be and so a lot of these things were ambiguous, Like Ryan said, Blaine yes, and that's how we found out we were juniors and comic gon on a panel in front of hundreds of people. This is the second time that Quinn doesn't speak at all in the episode, and the first time was in the Spanish Teacher If.
Speaker 2: Only we could say the same thing about ourselves.
Speaker 1: Rory and Sugar are not in this episode, shame.
Speaker 2: And we missed them.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Curt is.
Speaker 1: The only one to interact with all the Glee Projects season one characters as of this episode.
Speaker 2: Chris is the best acting partner, like put them in there, put them in training, wheels off deep. Chris is warm and hilarious.
Speaker 1: May get better. We'll always make it better too. Absolutely, when Will was talking to Thing about his feature in the classroom, that amazing, wonderful scene. You can see he's already begun teaching history as the line of succession is written on the board behind Will and arrious history posters cover the walls.
Speaker 2: Interesting. This is the first time another show choir competition is seen that New Directions does not participate in. And More Than a Woman is the first song this season that features only the active couples of the Glee Club at the time of filming, Britannaventel, Tyke and Clay.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the third time Sue is seen in an outfit not related to a track suit. It's like once per season that's all you get.
Speaker 1: Very very rare sighting.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there's some cool behind the scenes stuff. My favorite there's this time lapse video, yeah, of Disco Inferno being filmed. Yeah, Harry got into time laps at some point, yes, and it.
Speaker 1: Was probably this episode. Yes, Harry would always document a lot, he'd always have his camera up and document it well. And then Darren as well. So they have a lot of footage, a lot of deep footage in the vault between.
Speaker 2: Two of them, Like Megan Doyle, there's everything fault. Yes, So this episode, the Glee Club does disco and a tribute to Saturday Night Fever in order to help Finn, Santana, and Mercedes figure out what to do after they graduate. Will's assignment is songs from the movie that would show how they feel about their lives. It's a little crazy the premise, right, like forcing these kids in front of everybody to think about again, what are these like monumental life changing decisions and trying to rush that is insane.
Speaker 1: But you know, well, clocks a different it was a different time and gap year wasn't even a thing yet. Kevin, where you it does seem a little antiquated, like you have to know what you want to do. But I think we can focus what we can focus on. What I think maybe mister Shu was trying to get at was like the motivation to try to figure it versus like figuring it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it is nice to see Will teaching investing.
Speaker 1: In yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think what I best at too was yes, investing in like personal lives when it's not crossing a weird boundary, right, And like the storyline with each of them is ends up being really special. It's important to these characters going forward.
Speaker 1: That's right. Okay, So overall, I think all of these storylines fit into this one storyline, which graduation is coming up. We open up with Will saying like he's a little nervous for some of the seniors who don't seem to have a plan for their future yet or have thought about it. And so the theme for Nationals is vintage I guess, which I don't know that I even knew that while we were shooting. And so for inspo, we'll decide to do Saturday Night Fever for this.
Speaker 2: Week, and you get an opening number two you should be dancing with Blaine and Brittany and Mike, and it comes in like that doesn't really happen. Also, like the structure of this episode, I think because there is so much music, like You're just slam here's an opening musical number which feels like an actual musical, which is fun. It does put you into that tribute episode mode. It's a little Michael, Yeah, reminiscent of Michael. I think we should talk about this Mercedes storyline. Oh Mercedes. So Mercedes is part of the trio that Will is sort of putting on blasted from everybody, right, And I was personally just very happy that Amber was getting a storyline right like this, right, there was no Tater Tots involved.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, it's just it's being.
Speaker 2: Kids, yes, And it's like there's more Sam Sades, which we know we love and again yeah, just so cute. And she decides that she gets up there and she's, oh my god, can we talk about that number? I mean, k H Disco Inferno.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. I remember watching it being like, oh my god, they.
Speaker 2: Were a full girl group, the three of them.
Speaker 1: I love them, We love them like they're.
Speaker 2: An actual like that is the Troubletones basically, yes, and like they fire is there just feel I keep thinking about you know what when We've had these episodes with fan questions and fans coming on about how the level at which some of the Glee Club was performing completely set unrealistic expectations for what people should expect high school to hear. And that's all you could think about watching them because it felt so perfect and polished, like this is an actual record, like put it on the radio, put them on tour. There's no notes.
Speaker 1: No notes. Do you remember we shot? Do you think? I can't remember, But it feels like sitting in the choir room that day when we're sitting like you know, the seats are a little bit below and we're watching It was a Saturday.
Speaker 2: It might have been we started to get into that.
Speaker 1: Territory here Saturday shooting when we had when we were behind. Yeah, anyway, I love to see that and her scene like just sort of owning up to it, like I want to be one of the greats.
Speaker 2: I want to be a recording artist. I need to to start. Yes, which is so real and all these entertain things are I mean that can be applied to anything, and it was. It's always nice when the Glee clup, which is so fantastical and like sarcastic does some of that stuff for It's like, okay, I don't who knows how to do that? You know how times you and I get asked like how does somebody find an agent or a manager?
Speaker 1: I know, I know it is true that Mercedes is the most relatable I think of the group, well, I don't want to say most, but I feel like it was for me the most relatable. I want to move to LA or I want to go pursue this, but like, where do I start? It's very scary versus like a Rachel who knows exactly what she wants, exactly where she's going, exactly where she's aiming, or what her goals are. I think, you know, she's the minority in this of like yeah, and so I really liked this storyline of somebody who had goals other than Broadway and musical theater. That's kind of like the world we were in with Clee a lot and Mercedes, you know, being honest about it. But then Sam posting it Sweetcord posting these the video of her so she could see like how she impacts others, you know, and not just be like a recording artist was really so sweet. Why can't we have more.
Speaker 2: Of them true to the times, like that was just starting people getting famous off of YouTube, off of vine. Never mind where we are today, Oh yeah, forget it. One of my biggest pet peeves about musicals or movies that involve the music business is some of the tropes and cliches and how it's like, I don't think anybody working in the music business was a part of making these movies. But Mercedes saying that and how she doesn't know how to get into it is perfect, right, is so grounded in the realities of the entertainment business. And Sam just like posting that thing and they're not overly doing it. She had four hundred and twenty something likes or views or comments. Yes, and so it was nice that it was as crazy and out of this world as Glee can be. That that felt actually very realistic. Yes, yes, I agree, and aspirational and something that anybody could do right. Obviously not anybody can sing like Amber, but the premise of it, it's like, yeah, these are the real questions and these are the some of the ways to go about doing it. I just really liked it. I was very happy. It was refreshing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the whole storyline of like kids not knowing what they want to do with their lives and trying to figure it out and changing their minds and you know, these three different perspectives of like or approaches to things was a really relatable topic. And this is why I get like why you love the the more high school drama. Yeah, and the reality of like the stakes being high because they were for us at that point, like everybody was doing their college applications and what were they going to major in? It It meant what you were going to do for the rest of your life, and nobody told you, like it probably won't be what you do for the rest of your life, you know.
Speaker 2: And it feels like the clock is ticking, especially when you have people like the Rachel's who know what they're doing and they're talking about what they're doing all the time. And as much as you want to distract yourself and be like I'm fine, I have time, it feels like there is this countdown, in this impending doom of like times running out. I knock out right because it feels like it's closing in. There are submission deadlines. What are you going to do? What are you going to be you're only comparing yourself to other people around you.
Speaker 1: Well, that leads us to Finn, because thing is directly impacted by Rachel, who does know what she wants and is so clear on it that she's like get on board or see you later, you know kind of thing, And so he's feeling very lost. Obviously, he decides he's not going to move to La with Puck because that's not his dream. But you know, and to be fair, Rachel says, like this isn't you don't have to do what you have to do it for yourself, not just for me, but it is really to like he's feeling the pressure of somebody knowing so deeply and so clearly what they want and he doesn't quite know. And you don't want to be affected by that either, right, you don't want to be like influenced by that, I think. So they all try to help Finn and his number, his disco dancing, it's just Corey, Like I think it's funny because when you think of all Corey I always think about like him trying and dance for her soul, so serious, trying to get it right, not really understanding like the concept of it, and the only time was right, Yes, that's right, and like sometimes like really frustrated and so it's like so many when somebody says in the Eugenior like I can't remp my head around it, like some people like dance just isn't that. And I think for Corey though, was not. It's not what it was in his fortype, but at some point I think like I think he embraced it at some point and was like, okay, just like use it right, Finn's not the dancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they wrote for it too, which was nice. So then those moments like we could cheer like ourselves. The characters are cheering for Finn.
Speaker 1: And we're cheering for Corey. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But his dancing the storyline was I thought so beautiful and so beautifully acted.
Speaker 1: I mean, the idea that he could take this any storyline that he has and it can be so minuscule, so small and even not really supposed to be the main storyline of the episode, and he made it though.
Speaker 2: What made it sure felt like it was That's what that's my takeaway from this episode. It's not even disco, No, it's.
Speaker 1: In learning what he wants to do. Watching Saturday Night Fever realizing. But that scene with him and Will was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: The writers like really went in on these storylines like they fit each character perfectly. Yes, and they all ended up with something really nice, yeah and heartwarming at the end. But they gave each of these characters, especially Finn, these moments to really like challenge the characters. It's challenging Corey as an actor, and challenge the audience to like see these characters in a different light and a more relatable light. Scene with Will for both of them, I thought they both just did really great, great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah when inceans, I mean I did one of those quizes online. I was supposed to tell you what job you'd be good at, and my result was impetitive eating champion. I was like me too, Yeah I could do that. I really enjoyed doing more than a woman.
Speaker 2: It was so cute.
Speaker 1: It was really sweet, and I have such vivid memories because everyone I was coming off my back injury and so this was like dancing again and I was like, God, damn it. But I was in flats. You notice they put me in all flats because I couldn't wear anything with a remote heel at all or any kind of incline. But we did this number on the wheel dance floor and you know the circles when they looks like you're like spinning and they're doing the close ups. It was Andrew's camera on this like sea stand that just kind of turned like a like a carousel. Oh yeah, we just followed it. So we're like staring into the camera with Andrew behind us, like supposed to be looking at I'm supposed to be looking at Harry, and you're straight into the camera. So weird leave it to Breadbeaker to do shots like that. But it was so weird, so funny. But we all stood around village when each person went and we were like cheering for everybody. It was really fun.
Speaker 2: It was really great. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it too. I enjoyed shooting that one. What did it make you think of when you did it? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I thought it was that scene Titanic, you know, and they're dancing on the table. Every time one of those things I think about its Titanic when.
Speaker 1: They like spin really fast and the Yeah, I'm disappointed I didn't think of them.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked, But it's okay. It's out of the field. Damn.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I got it. I got it now. I was probably thinking that when we were shooting it. Probably I was so excited.
Speaker 2: My main memory from this episode is your back injury. Really oh yeah, just being so calm because I didn't really do shit in this episode. So I was sitting there like around dance floor, watching everything, and so I was when you don't have anything to do. Oh, there was a full shot of me where I am not present behind the eyes. Oh, I'm like looking off because you know, normally, like I pride myself and they can cut to me and I'll have something for this. Oh, it's the thing I got caught Jenny. I would because I came on you. Okay, can't you should still be acting, you know, like, yeah, I was fully not present because I had nothing to do. So I was completely just checked out and I was and you were coming to me to talk about your back injury. I was watching you in the flats and I was just like, how's it going. I was scared because you can't put Jenna. Jenna was pregnant doing drag race and doing the splits, like if you put her on stage or in front of a camera. She's going to go full I know.
Speaker 1: You can't not. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: So I remember being very worried and then bored.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's fair, that's funny. Well, I appreciate your worry. You're concerned.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, Jane had a back injury. It's always yellow. I attach it to Halo sunshine. You have an injury injury. This disco, I don't know why the.
Speaker 1: Yellow comes to it's like yellow alert. Yeah. Well, anyway, these numbers were really fun to do. Even though there was it just felt like it still feels out of place for where we were in season last episode music.
Speaker 2: Wise, music a little jarring, but it was fun to like because the Beg's. You also realize the Beg's are not a group to necessarily cover unless you're doing a very different version, because those bitches could sing in like a very specific way.
Speaker 1: It's high. It is so high.
Speaker 2: Was do you remember recording it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like the girls at an easier time probably, Well.
Speaker 1: Right, that's it. I don't think they are peculiar for us. So the guy is that's a lot for them, that's a lot. You really have to like clench your butt just get up. That's like a true singing thing, like sometimes you just got a clencher. But yeah, okay, Vinn decides that he actually does want to become an actor. He watches Saturday Night Fever, he watches the movie.
Speaker 2: He actually does the lesson, probably the only one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely didn't watch it. He definitely he wants to go to the actress studio, which is ironic because we've said before they were just on Corey was just on the Actors Studio with a few of the other cast mates, so it felt like life imitating art, art imitating life.
Speaker 2: A little meta.
Speaker 1: But he's going to be an actor, which I love, and he's going to go to New York for himself and to meet you with Rachel See.
Speaker 2: And that's also being influenced by the people you're around, because he's still in the arts, but doing his own thing.
Speaker 1: Right, not musical theater, not a real actor. And then Santana, on the other hand, just wants to be famous.
Speaker 2: Just one number is this like beautiful, this beautiful number?
Speaker 1: And then this monologue.
Speaker 2: I did not remember what was coming, and I about fell out of the chair because like, of course, this is what she would say and of course it's another like it's probably true but also probably a defense mechanism. It's all very Santana.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it is very Santana. Oh god, very funny.
Speaker 2: And Brittany's response to it, M this sex tape. Oh, Artie the first one to come in and comment on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you're the least threatening of the guys. So I think that's why they have you do it. Maybe you know he has been coming and say it. It's it would be really bad, like with you. It's just not that. Why, Jenna, why you answer that yourself, Kevin, He says, okay, yeah, okay, so exactly. Yes. So Brittany releases a sex tape they made and uh to help her, but she says, everybody whose famous has eight and infamous sex tape, And Santana kind of was like, Brittany, why did you do that? Very kindly though very kindly. She's I love that.
Speaker 2: I loved how Santana dealt with Brittany. Yeah, yeah, meant to No nobody's reaction except Santana's. That was a deep understanding of Brittany.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she thought she genuinely thought she was doing something good for her.
Speaker 2: You know Matt Hodson gets a lot of ship for some of this. Hmmm, but his name is also on this script and the right thing is going down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good. And then in the end, which is very nice, Brittany and Sue helps Santanna get a full scholarship, a full ride to the University of Lowville for cheering, and even though cheering isn't exactly what she wants to do, She's going to college. It's a way in. Yeah, go Brittany, Sue streak. Yeah, yeah, I'll take it. It's not gonna last very long, I don't think.
Speaker 2: But it never does. But she's doing life changing things for people here. This is great, This is true. She is pregnant, she's feeling feeling the feelings. Now you Nick, Oh my god, Alex and you all get in here. Look again, I don't know what type of security or lack thereof McKinley had, because people were just walking in and out of the school, my school, my middle school. Wait, before Gleet, this would never have been allowed to happen. You couldn't just walk in and out of school without like checking in and stuff. Anyway, Wade shows up in the hallway, introduces themselves to Curt and Mercedes says, the biggest fan, and they love it. This trio also magical.
Speaker 1: I love the three of them.
Speaker 2: And asking them like coming to them like queer entertainment senseys, what do I do? Because Wade wants to perform as Unique, who is a woman and dreams of being Unique and knows the power that Unique has. And then Sue catches wind of it and tells Kurt and Mercedes to encourage Wade to do it because she thinks it's going to sabotage them. So you're right, the yeah, and that will knock Vocal Journaline now and then New Directions has a better chance at winning nationals. YadA, YadA, YadA. And they try and they give Wade the shoes, the high heel shoes. It's like, yeah, go do it, which is a little you know, it's like I couldn't believe they actually did it because their intent was bad.
Speaker 1: Right they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because at first they said, don't do it because, like we know, the ridicule in this very conservative place, You're just going to put yourself through a lot that you don't need to, right, And then after Sue encouraging them to, you know, do the back. They do it. However, Unique, Unique.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? Like, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Weak?
Speaker 1: Coming in hat?
Speaker 2: That's Tony Win or Alex No for you on that stage, I mean, that's you see that, and it's someone who's undeniable.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: It's beyond just the character when you're able to do that as a performer at any point, like wrap it up, that call to day that, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's go home. Just everybody else go home.
Speaker 2: And like John Groff getting on that stage trying to yell Unique was crazy crazy. Also, why were those wings full? I don't know. I don't know, because it was everybody just shocked that, I guess, honest, Unique, I guess.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: But do all these other people know who Wade or Unique is?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so. Maybe Mercedes and that called everybody. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, But a star is born.
Speaker 1: Well star was born, and we had the infamous Johnathan Groff spitting oh yeah, oh yeah, we love it, we love it. Alex Noles, this is only the beginning.
Speaker 2: This is an Alex Nel fan club over here.
Speaker 1: Trouble turns no Alex Nole. Yeah, let's read these numbers.
Speaker 2: Kevin, Oh my god, Okay, so you should be dancing. I give it a B plus. Oh you give it more?
Speaker 1: Are you giving any minus for the dancing? I think, Yeah, the dancing was really nice. Yeah, but I'm giving it a B plus and the plus is for Darren's splits. Oh my god, he really kept up with them, he did. I feel I just want to dance. Nobody wants to dance in between them. No, exactly, he really did.
Speaker 2: Okay, night Fever B B B for Beg's, B for Beg's and BE for me being bored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, during Let's Go Inferno, A plus, A plus plus. Yes, if I can't have you A plus. I feel like my back was really bad during that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I think you were miserable during that episode because of that.
Speaker 1: I remember sitting in those seats being like, please somebody help me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember you being in pain, pain a lot. I think you even had like the medic might have come to help you a couple of times.
Speaker 1: You're so right, I had these like light king patches. Yes, I was. I was really struggling. Still. It wasn't this wasn't like the up and up.
Speaker 2: This was you weren't out of the world deep in it. Yeah, and like it got irritated like very quickly during night fever, so like it was immediately back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, was that even in that number? And then I was like I could have not been. Yeah, okay, sorry, we digress. How deep is your love? B plus? Yeah? Yeah, solid number. I love that song. Yeah Boogey Shoes, I mean A plus plus.
Speaker 2: That's just wild, more than a woman a a mm hmmm. Staying alivee with the white suits. We were, uh, we were giving it. I remember my back must have been. I have a bunch of photos from this this number, like behind the scenes, like one of my trailer and suits, and I like the suits.
Speaker 1: I remember I must have been on a happy day that day, like a good back day, because I don't we were all given it.
Speaker 2: So what I think happened for you was, I think we only had that floor for like a day or two, and I think we shot all of that and that's when you're back was not okay.
Speaker 1: Because they were not going to all out. I was in most of them. Yeah, you're right, You're right. We did only have that flare for a few days. Okay, I give it a a B plus.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: It's fine. It's it's typical. I think that's why.
Speaker 2: It's like, how many what are you going to do with another disco number?
Speaker 1: Right? Put us in cool, cute looking suits and give us some good choreography. This episode is like if you love disco music, great, we had some great performances. The storyline was good.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Did I love this episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not really, but it's one of those ones where sometimes the music makes up for the storylines. This is one of those ones where I think the storylines that were happening made up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think disco has been back in a big way for the past couple of years, and this episode now seems much more prevalent and like important then back then.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Okay, let's do some tarty takes, auchies, cringe moments. I mean, I think the sex.
Speaker 2: That's just you can't do that. You can't. It's I think that's illegal.
Speaker 1: It is okay. She could have filed the lawsuit, but instead she was very understanding.
Speaker 2: There were some mature moments in here, you know, there were oh yeah, okay, best dance move. There was a lot of dancing you.
Speaker 1: Should be dancing I think was the best one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean they danced non stop. I mean Boogie Shoots was also really good. I know, but I want to give it to you should be dancing, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's give it to Jaron. Yeah, okay. Best song.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm going to go with this in Yeah, Okay, obviously we're biased.
Speaker 1: Yeah there, Okay, best for Ruins by a prop.
Speaker 2: I think the disco floor.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, Kevin. I'm going with the VHS tape. Oh that's very good. Nine watching seeing that, Well, the kids today would be like, what's half? And that hurts? Okay. Best line. There's a lot Sam's lying about. You ain't no skim milk, baby, You're the cream rising to the top. I don't know if it's absolutely cringey or absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Brittany had some crazy ass lines. The number one I see how you keep your car, so you could totally be on hoarders. You just need to start storing your poops in the trunk and I'm sure they'll book you. Also, the thing about the bull testicle, I drove all the way Spencer.
Speaker 1: You need it.
Speaker 2: You know it came with a pair, but I got hungry, so it tastes just like a chicken testicle. It feels like a hitchcock. I feel like a hitchcock was written that joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely.
Speaker 2: Also I think. Okay, Sue fully reads will It says, oh, let's be honest, William, you've been out of ideas since Madonna week. Why don't you just embrace that lazy, horrible, triackly style of teaching and the signs of a famous album, you know, calling ourselves out, you.
Speaker 1: Know, let's do it, let's do it. Yeah, performance MVP Croy, Yes, pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so the ship we found a TikTok this week. This is a pretty special one. I have been sent this for the past forty eight hours tame by everyone. Yes, Amber sent this to me. Yes, and it is justin fukum hm doing the best, most accurate impression of Rachel Berry.
Speaker 1: It's the detail, the eye movements like it's so well thought out and very funny.
Speaker 2: The detail like everything, the editing, the music, the outfits, the storyline, like what all right?
Speaker 1: Well that is thank you for sharing that with us. Everybody. Next week is dance with Somebody. It's Whitney, Let's do it. Oh God, I sneak peeked into it. After watching this episode, was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, what did you see? What did you sneak peak?
Speaker 1: How I know?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good. Okay, come back next week. Thanks for joining us for a weekt up and That's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and That's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.