Speaker 1: It's awkward. It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Where we've been doing a segment on our show recently called the mass Speaker, where if someone has a big confession that they want to make while staying anonymous, Yeah, we can change their voice.
Speaker 1: So we can do that right here on the show.
Speaker 3: Mask the voice.
Speaker 2: But what if it's more than just wanting to get something off your chest? What if they actually need to tell someone and they want help on how to say it to them. Wait, that's where the awkward Tuesday phone call can come in, and it's the right fit for today's caller.
Speaker 1: Seth.
Speaker 2: Seth, we are not altering your voice, and what did you do?
Speaker 4: It sounds so much worse. It's not great.
Speaker 3: It's not great. But it's not that bad, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. I guess I'll let you have to. Let you guys decide. It's it's sticky, for sure.
Speaker 1: You do not okay, Sticky, you came to the right place, Seth.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey was going to jump all let's.
Speaker 2: Start by finding out who you need to confess to. Who are we going to be talking to today?
Speaker 4: Well, it's actually my fiance yes, that just escalated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's a lot on the line. How long have you kept whatever this is from.
Speaker 3: Her or him?
Speaker 4: Three years and three months?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 5: So you you know, like this is an incident because if you know the exact.
Speaker 4: Date, I mean, I can't stop thinking about it and it's kind of screwing me up.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, tell us about your fiance. What's their name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Tany, and we have been engaged for three months. We started dating about three years before that, so we got engaged on our three year anniversary.
Speaker 5: And so you've been holding this from her literally your entire relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it came up for a reason. So back in the day, we started as co workers and became friends first. Okay, it's like always had a crush on her, but she was always dating other guys, and it's just I never really had a chance. It's crazy some girls, Like I literally was talking to a girl a couple of weeks ago, just got out of a relationship.
Speaker 3: She's like, I need sick some time for me.
Speaker 2: Two weeks later, are another relationship.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, yes, totally. And especially if you're interested in someone, you don't want to just be a rebound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to.
Speaker 4: But then if you wait too much time, then you totally miss your window.
Speaker 1: I feel you, bro, It's like it's such a timing thing.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: That is a predicament for sure, But if you wait too long, be gone. The good news is you timed it right because you guys started dating.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but that's okay, so I might have timed it right and also taken some action. Whoa what? So before we even got together, just friends, she was going out with this guy, just dating, but she'd really excited about him, and she'd tell me about him after their first initial dates. Super good looking dentist like volunteer work for his came from a pretty rich family. Apparently like brutal dude.
Speaker 3: She was dating Prince Harry exactly what it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like, and you had to hear all about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and of course I got jealous.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So one night when we're hanging out at her place, we sort of stopped off in between a happy hour and then going back out with another group of friends.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's just YouTube back at her place when you were still friends.
Speaker 4: Right, exactly for like a beer bathroom re up and then we'll go. And so she left her phone out and I look over and I see that it vibrates, and it's a text from the other guy and he's asking her out on like a probably like a third date.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, mister mister perfect.
Speaker 4: And I panicked. I definitely didn't want them to keep going out. So I went into her phone and deleted the tech. Oh and then I went into the contacts and I changed the guy's phone number, and then I went and I blocked his real number. So she thought that he just ghosted her, and she was obviously upset for a while, but I was there for her. And because I was there for that led us being together for the last three years.
Speaker 5: Wow, you are an evil genius.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I never would have thought of taking the next step to make sure they can never reach each other again.
Speaker 1: It's so smart.
Speaker 3: Blocking was a good movie.
Speaker 4: I was kind of taking a risk, like maybe they were already connected on like Snapchatter, Instagram.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, but it's one of those things like when you're dating somebody and you're only a couple dates in, you're not gonna look so thirsty that then you're gonna DM them on a bunch of different social media platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean ever since our relationship has been so amazing, Like I basically have forgotten about it. It's been so long, but now we're trying to do it right and like a really good solid foundation for relationships that we've been doing like this pre marriage counseling, and the counselor said how important it is for us to be completely open and honest about everything from a base level that we had, like start with a really clean slate.
Speaker 5: Do you think so you're feeling guilty because you're sitting in counseling and being like, yes, honesty very important.
Speaker 3: Holding this from her?
Speaker 4: I have told her everything except for this one thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think she'll be upset?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean it's been three years, like.
Speaker 4: And you're in love now.
Speaker 3: I mean, it wouldn't have been for your move.
Speaker 2: It was sketchy, right you guys wouldn't be where you are today.
Speaker 5: Rights unless she's still secretly thinking about this one.
Speaker 3: Guy who got away. I mean that is the that's the worst case scenario.
Speaker 4: That's true. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 1: Does that happen?
Speaker 2: Do girls say yes to proposals while thinking about another guy.
Speaker 5: Oh, why do you think there's so many divorces in the world, Jeffrey, Are.
Speaker 2: You speaking from personal experience?
Speaker 1: What's going on you?
Speaker 5: I love my husband and I am so glad that I'm with him, But I definitely could.
Speaker 2: See yourself with a dentist that was much richer and more handsome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's an option.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's still thinking about that homeless guy she used to that got away. So Seth, what do you want to do with your awkward Tuesday phone call right now?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I needed a sounding board, like I haven't told the counselor. I haven't told my friends, So we're going to call her. Yeah, I think that we we need to. I need to do this, like I trust this counselor and I can't just have this holding over, Like what am I going to do another five years?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you need this.
Speaker 5: And why do it in a counseling session when that costs money and you can do it here for Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Man.
Speaker 2: I feel really bad because Brooke, you have a lot of pressure on you right now to give some really good advice to set Yeah. You're the only one that knows anything about this, So.
Speaker 1: I'm bowing. Yeah, I'm bowing out this. Let's play a song.
Speaker 3: You're awful.
Speaker 1: Come back. We'll have Brook give you some read it probably will be yeah, and then we'll let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call, right, Seth, All right, all right, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Contrary to what a lot of people think about.
Speaker 2: Us, our show wants every single marriage to start off on a good note. Yeahul, that means trust, love, of course, a little healthy experimentation.
Speaker 1: Sprinkled in there.
Speaker 3: I mean if both parties are willing.
Speaker 2: Both parties are willing, even if they don't say they are.
Speaker 3: Now we're getting to do it.
Speaker 1: It's healthy.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: That's why this call is good.
Speaker 2: It's a good experiment for us because we've never had such a big secret that we've needed to help a listener with before. And we're going to be relying mainly on Brook to take us through the forest of lives because she's the expert and we need an adult better.
Speaker 1: What do you got for Seth?
Speaker 5: Here, Seth, I know you feel guilty because right now your vibe is kind of dark, right, Okay, so we don't want her to feel that way, so we're going to deliver the same news. What do you think about this? You have a radio station behind you which has music, So I'm thinking when you're ready to tell the story, we play something like this.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Seth? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you know what the term gaslighting means?
Speaker 5: It's just like, you know, I love story of how you met instead of like a sad story about how you've been hiding.
Speaker 3: A deep, dark secret for three years from her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm going to jump in here, Seth and just say I think you're better off on your own.
Speaker 1: Let's just do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm deleting that permanently from our system.
Speaker 3: That No, no, I can't.
Speaker 1: I love you expecting it to pop up.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, okay, where's the keeping our back pocket?
Speaker 1: Just we'll jump in when we feel like you need a little bit of help.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hey, it's me.
Speaker 6: Hey, what is up, babe? I did not sorry, just didn't didn't recognize.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, yeah, I think my phone number is doing something weird.
Speaker 6: It's it's there must be something because here in the office, like we've had internet connection troubles all day and I don't get it.
Speaker 4: That must be it anyway, that's a good Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: Butten before I get into it, I just I want to say how how much I love you and you are the most amazing person I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I would do anything for you and to be with you. And you know about our pre marriage counseling and it's been going pretty great so far. Like I'm I'm glad you talked me into it.
Speaker 6: Me too. I think it's doing really good stuff for us. So I mean, sorry, but where's this going?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, there's just there. I have told you everything in my life, down to details that I haven't told anybody else. But there's only one thing you need to know. I have to get it off my chest.
Speaker 6: Oh okay this and now I'm a little scared, but uh yeah, I'll go for it.
Speaker 4: You remember, like right before we started dating, you're seeing this guy and he was a dentist.
Speaker 6: Oh you mean John.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think anyway, when you're seeing him, you seem so excited about him, and I was, I was, honestly, uh super jealous.
Speaker 6: I mean I could I get that because he was he was awfome and it was great. And I still don't get what happened, but whatever.
Speaker 4: I know you thought that he ghosted you, and that's not totally true. Yeah he did. Do you know, listen, I did something stupid. Okay, he actually he texted you asking you out again, and you weren't in the room, and I saw it on your phone and I went in and I I deleted the tech what I know, I panicked and I knew I was super into you, and I blocked his number. And so that's the real reason you never got his message. And obviously I feel incredibly guilty about that. Annie. Are you still there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: It's cool. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Wait, it's cool, it's cool.
Speaker 3: Wait, Lily, just hang up. I think we leave it right there.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey, who are all these people?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hey, hey, TONI, Hi, TONI, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Hi who we're friends of John the Dentist.
Speaker 4: No, No, they're not, No, they're not. Hanni know they're not. Let me get ahead of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, Seth.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding, TONI.
Speaker 2: We're a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I just I needed a little bit of help and back up telling you this. And so this is a joke, right, this is like, it's not a joke. I don't understand why. It's just cool?
Speaker 3: Why are you questioning about set? Like take it?
Speaker 4: Man, if you have ever met my lovely fiance, you would know that nothing is just that there's got to be right.
Speaker 5: You think she's lying, you think it's one of those I'm fine answers or.
Speaker 4: Something, definitely, And I'm fine, Tony what, there's nothing, there's no reaction.
Speaker 6: I mean, I actually I'm pretty kind of it's fine. I mean, I think everybody's allowed to keep some secrets from their spout. And so I don't blame you.
Speaker 4: I mean I do if that's normal. Interesting, that's totally not what our counselor said. I'm doing this because our counselor, you said that we were totally bought in, and our counselor said we had to tell each other everything.
Speaker 1: This is why he called us. He was all stressed about it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean things that I think that are like relevant or you probably want to know about or like should know about. But there's a few things I keep for myself, so I.
Speaker 5: Could see Tony where that would be fine if it like didn't involve your fiance maybe at all.
Speaker 3: But like this was I mean, why would you want him to keep this? This? This is like the start of your guys' relationship. It's how you came to be a couple.
Speaker 6: I mean I don't love it, that's for sure, But I mean he is great that.
Speaker 4: You are not like specifically not sharing with me, even though the counselor.
Speaker 6: Really, I mean there's something like two really big things that that I don't tell anyone, So.
Speaker 5: Fine, tell us, Tony, Tony, why aren't you telling him the two really big things?
Speaker 6: Because I'm allowed to keep spirits. I mean, just because I'm gonna get married to you doesn't mean that now I have to suddenly tell you every day.
Speaker 2: The counselor said, no, she wants to keep a little mystery in the relationship.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 6: How about some privacy about personal stuff, Tony?
Speaker 5: Can I ask what these things change sess opinion about you?
Speaker 4: I don't WHOA. That was way too long of a silence. You know all of my secrets now, and you're telling me that you have two, which means you've thought about it, right, and I don't know two of yours. Maybe we need to bring yourself back with a counselor again, maybe we need a third party. That's not you are not.
Speaker 1: Playing, Jim, I'm doing like this has to jump in good.
Speaker 4: I'm agreeing at this point.
Speaker 3: See, it doesn't sound like a couple arguing anymore. It's like a sitcom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is a right.
Speaker 4: That was not my idea.
Speaker 6: Done talking, you're right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys missed it. They're not done talking.
Speaker 3: A lot of trouble.
Speaker 5: So I feel like Tawny feels fine and Seth, you're now more upset.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, make some more secrets, Yeah, makes the more secrets.
Speaker 2: He just he just told you a pretty big secret there, Tony. Maybe you want to tell him maybe not one of your big secrets. How about a little secret. Let's just crack the door.
Speaker 6: I mean, seriously, if I'm going to see it's not going to be on the radio, but.
Speaker 5: We have the music that we could play behind it. That would make it more fun.
Speaker 1: You might lighten the blow.
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, I tried. I got two no's on that music the record.
Speaker 4: I never for the record. I never thought that part was a good idea. I just want to voice that.
Speaker 2: But in all seriousness, I think maybe you guys should finish the rest of this conversation off the air, all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, if we need to talk about it off and maybe with the counselor or maybe each other, then yeah, let's let's do that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't even know if we need to go back to the counselor, because I mean I already know of your secret.
Speaker 4: So this is a two way street.
Speaker 2: First, I bet you'd tell John the dentist you're two big secrets.
Speaker 4: No comment, Oh y, bring the music back.
Speaker 1: Bring the music back.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.