Speaker 1: Tis Club, Breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Very very very very bit.
Speaker 3: You got to changing the entire scene and good culture.
Speaker 2: Where y'all came alone was.
Speaker 4: They might not watch the news, but you.
Speaker 5: Know they're listening to the rec the brother.
Speaker 1: DJ Envy just hilarious and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: Y'all all like aninga forning club.
Speaker 2: That's how we got on this time. Good morning Usa yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo jes hilario, Good morning, Charlamagne the God pas to the plane.
Speaker 3: It is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, what's happening? Another day to serve what's going on?
Speaker 1: That's right? Back from a three day weekend. Three yesterday it was President's Day, President President.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: I don't even know what holiday was. I was just happy to have the day of the day off.
Speaker 3: Yess, how was your weekend?
Speaker 8: What you did?
Speaker 7: I was in Atlanta all weekend. I was at my daughter's cheered cheerlead. Cheerleading competition is called cheer sport.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was so funny. Right, I'm glad that you said that because one of my friends had hit me up right, one of my gay friends. He hit me up and he was like, you would never believe who I saw creeping in at a chair convention in Atlanta, and I was like, who was creeping? He was like, girl, Charlemagne. And I was like, oh, he was creeping and cheer come in. I said, well he has a fifteen year old daughter and she cheers. He was like, oh okay, because he was like low key giving. I met him and I saw I wondered, you know, I loved Charlemagne. So I walked up to him and I spoke to him, and girl, he was like low key giving a little bit. I was like what, that's why, I said, given what? He was like, you know what I'm talking about, no doubt. So I was like, So, I was like, did you see his wife? Because his wife was there. He was like his wife. I said yes. He was like you you see how these married men give mixed signals. He gave a little bit. I was like, oh, he don't even kids, so you low key giving it front of your wife?
Speaker 7: He gave what, shut your silly ass up, young man. I was wrong with men. Men always think somebody want them just because you nice.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? When straight men?
Speaker 7: When when a woman is nice to a straight man, straight man like, oh he want me? When a man is a straight man is nice to a gay man? Now a gay man thing I want him?
Speaker 2: I'm giving?
Speaker 3: How nice were you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Remember this person?
Speaker 3: He was probably squatting his little light skin shoulders.
Speaker 2: Did you get the.
Speaker 7: I speak to everybody. I speak to everybody. I say, what's up? You know you say you show me love. I show you love that just do the same.
Speaker 2: But we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't never get.
Speaker 9: That what's up?
Speaker 7: They don't find y'all attract clearly, he finds me clearly. In his mind he was to be giving the chair at the chair convinced, be so stupid somebody people, What you're doing here?
Speaker 8: You think me?
Speaker 2: I'm just here to be.
Speaker 3: He can't have a chance.
Speaker 1: Watching the chairs. It's just something the weekend.
Speaker 2: The same thing you're doing here watching your daughter cheer.
Speaker 3: That's right, what you do this. I was all over the place.
Speaker 1: First I was in Atlanta, then I was in Indiana.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then I came back for a South salute to Lincoln Tech. They had their commencement graduation, so I did the commencement speech.
Speaker 11: I don't leave that I need I need video or this this, but they didn't read offscrib and I know that was you don't have a one MV to be off script, like I said, So salute to the Lincoln Tech students.
Speaker 3: Then I went to Mara's College.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Mara's College was a D one school that is like thirty minutes away.
Speaker 3: So I went to go watch the basketball game.
Speaker 1: They have a black, a black president now, so she's starting to do more for the students. So she has I think Harris One is coming this week to talk to the students. So she's bringing people to actually talk to the students to try to change the culture at Merris College. So I was over there. Then I was at Pennsylvania. Then I went to Norfolk. I was all over the place.
Speaker 3: I was all over the place since you recovered, Yeah, no, I didn't look.
Speaker 1: I was all I was. When I say six sick, I was six sick. That flew kicked my ass. But we're back. What you did this with? You do pregnant woman?
Speaker 3: I was pregnant all and I did a lot of I spent this weekend getting my penhouse together. So yeah, I'm fully moved in. This was my first time driving to work from New Jersey, about to get told first thing to the first thing this morning.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't talking street.
Speaker 3: The wrong place and and like it's a different garage, right, So the guy was like yo, yo yo, And I was like, now you keep walking. He just want to picture and he's like, no, you have to move your car.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't just I was calling her before the guy was calling her.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, get you here. This is New York.
Speaker 7: Everybody early in the morning's just keep.
Speaker 1: Trying to tell my bag my bad Like I don't know you. All right, well, let's get the show cracking. We got front page news a lot to discuss the y'all. Were y'all watching Allsow Weekend this week in.
Speaker 3: The game and the dunk context, it wasn't really as impress of the trash it's over the years. It was the Christmas plung though. He did the best Chris mcclunge, make mcclungue something like that. Yeah, Mac mccunya, I mean Mac mcclunk.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ NV, Jess Larry and Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news now. This weekend was All Star weeked out in Indiana. It was a lot of stuff going on. Of course, the Slam Dunk Contest, it was the three point contest. Steph Curry had the I guess it was the shootout contest. It was the first ever men versus women. Steph Curry won twenty nine to twenty six. Damian Lillard won the three point contest, won the dunk contest.
Speaker 3: Meg McClung. Okay, did y'all see that double clap on the ball that he did? I've never seen that before in my life.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. That was the first the first round, Yes he did. He double clapped it. I was like, I don't like it was some cheeks.
Speaker 2: She takes me back this weekend. I said, who sent you that? Your son?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I told you that.
Speaker 3: No, my son don't even be on basketball. He liked football.
Speaker 2: Okay, yea.
Speaker 1: In the All Star Game, the West loses the East one two hundred and eleven to one eighty six. Damian Lillard also got the MVP. Honest, he scored thirty nine points.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know what the All Star Game needs to be more exciting, you know. As far as the game, it probably just needs some sort of stakes, like maybe the winning team gets home court advantage in the NBA Finals. As far as the dunk contest, I don't think the dunk contests are going to get better until, like, you know, human beings are able to do more things with their body while they're in the air, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But they didn't well at the University of Sould Circus. I've seen better creativity at with slam dunkys.
Speaker 7: But but you gonna still do that with a ball in your hand. You know what you're saying is truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to.
Speaker 7: Be able to do stuff like that and hold the ball in dunkey or cenoe.
Speaker 1: Smith blames the whack dunk contest on Lebron James.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's what he said. That's how dare he say that? Why do you say these say.
Speaker 13: Why we're waiting for the Lebron James is directly responsible for ruining the stamp. Yes, yes he is, because when we're talking about the slam Dunk Contest. From nineteen eighty five to nineteen ninety seven, five of the thirteen slam du contests were won by future Hall of Famers Jordan twice, Dominique Wilkins twice, Kobe Wance, Michael Jordan participated in the contest three times, Dominique Wilkins five times. Every high jumper, every skywalker, every above.
Speaker 2: The rim talent.
Speaker 13: Salivated for the opportunity to compete in the slam Dunk contest.
Speaker 2: It stopped when.
Speaker 13: Lebron James said I'm not doing it, and from that point forward, the stars who followed didn't feel compelled to prioritize a lamb Dunk contest.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong, but he's not all the ways.
Speaker 1: He's full reason we'd love to see Lebron do the slam Dunk contest, but he's not the reason.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's nuanced to that.
Speaker 7: He's saying that Lebron is responsible for stars feeling like they don't have to have to defeat in the slam Dunk contest anymore. But he's not responsible for the slam Dunk contest. You know, being whack, I think that the slam Dunk contest is kind of whacked just because of the human body isn't physically capable of doing certain things.
Speaker 2: Like it's a little bit Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, some of these some of these people that don't play in the NBA. If you ever see the videos that I'm doing Wild Dunky, they're still doing wild I've seen it before.
Speaker 3: That's still doing wild stuff.
Speaker 2: You probably, I don't know. They put them in the slam Dunk contested.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, we have a teslain figure out on the line that we had some technical difficulties connecting her this morning, but she's on the phone lines.
Speaker 14: Good morning Test, Little Morning DJ, and be good morning Jess.
Speaker 1: Larry's Charlemagne to God, come morning he Let's jump right into Charlemagne on ABC.
Speaker 4: Yes, our own Charla Mane God was featured on ABC News this weekend on a show called This week Now. You had all the major cable news chiming in on his comments this weekend. Let's go to ABC News because I want you guys to know why they thought it was important to hear from Charlemagne.
Speaker 12: Take a listen.
Speaker 15: He's one of the most influential voices in morning radio.
Speaker 7: Yups to all knows dangerous Morning Show to Breakfast Club, Charlamagne and god je just hilarious.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell envy is that.
Speaker 15: Also a television personality, podcast host, and New York Times best selling author, his interviews with pop stars and politicians making viral moments. Leonard McKelvey, known to America as Charlemagne the God, has built his following on charisma, comedy and blunt questions.
Speaker 3: In the last.
Speaker 15: Presidential election, the Breakfast Club became a must stop for Democratic candidates, with an average of more than six million monthly listeners. Candidates sought to appeal to its younger diverse audience.
Speaker 7: The little to Jonathan Karf for those kind words.
Speaker 4: Shut up to Charlemagne and so I want to ask you, Charmne. So Jonathan carl who you just mentioned, who interviewed you. The first question that he asked it was a lot of things that you got into.
Speaker 12: The interview was actually nine.
Speaker 4: Minutes, I believe thirteen seconds, and the first thing he asked you was your kind of categorized this year as an election between the crooks, the towards and the couch break that down.
Speaker 7: For us and with that mean oh, like I always say, you know, twenty twenty four. It's going to be either gonna vote for the Republicans who or the crooks the Democrats who are the cowards because they don't fight for nothing.
Speaker 2: Are people just gonna choose to stay at home on the couch.
Speaker 7: And you know the way things are looking right now, I think the couch is gonna win. I don't know who that's gonna benefit by people staying home, but you know, it looks to me like the couch is going to win this year. People are not enthused, they're not energized by this upcoming election at all.
Speaker 4: You also talked about how the election was between Trump, who you said was a threat to democracy, versus Joe Biden as an uninspiring candidate. What did you mean by that? Because a lot of people to win in one direction. It was so interested in watching how people broke down your commentary. People kind of pick and choose. You know what you're talking about, so break those down on hypen.
Speaker 7: I don't know how that's even rocket science to anybody. You saw a guy, you know, leading attempted to cool this country. You know you've heard a guy say that, you know, you should terminate the Constitution to overthrow the results of an election.
Speaker 2: You know, you've seen a guy, you know.
Speaker 7: Put people on the Supreme Court or rolling back people's you know, civil rights and civil liberties.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't see how that's the rocket science for anybody to understand. That is a clear threat to democracy. Birst is somebody who's just born. So you know, all right, well, that is choose, choose wisely. That is front page news. And we'll have tested with us again next hour. Now, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: What's up, Julian? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: So kind of the All Star Game, all of you guys heard COVID when he was talking about the game should be the best pickup game, right?
Speaker 2: I did? I heard that. I heard say that before.
Speaker 16: Great, there's this generation so me taking a couple of thousand dollars, watch everybody move away so they could do the weird they could do with the dunk contest.
Speaker 1: So you pay, you pay, I go to the game.
Speaker 2: Yep. Actually, damn, they just gotta.
Speaker 7: They just gotta put some stakes on it. I think it should be like whoever wins, whether it's the East or West, whoever wins that that that team gets home court advantage in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: The problem with that is if you play on the All Star team, and you know, I'm sure they're looking at it like if I get injured, that's the rest of my season. So how hard am I going to play for a game that's not necessarily Madden.
Speaker 7: People play, people play back in the day, Like, he's right, I was watching that, Uh, I guess it came on.
Speaker 2: I forgot what year was. The year was Allen Iverson and Stephan.
Speaker 7: Marlbury and the ban it was balling and I'm like, yeah, I remember that game. So it's just like, I just think they need to put some stakes on the game, like there's no stakes.
Speaker 1: To it, or keep the you know, you have to have the lowest or get you more points or something like that.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean that way you have people playing defense, I really.
Speaker 7: Think that you'd be for home court advantage. Whoever wins, you get home court advantage in the NBA Final.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to ven, hit us up now.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way, whether you're mad.
Speaker 3: Or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now eight hundred five five one oh five to one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 12: Who's this hey? J D, Charlomagne and god hilarious. Good morning people.
Speaker 1: How you doing, coach David bro Get it off your chesty man.
Speaker 12: Listen Charlomagne, My man, I've been listening to you since you came to the airwaves, man, and I want.
Speaker 2: To say something to you.
Speaker 17: Bro.
Speaker 12: I really really appreciate you, and I want to give you your flowers, brother, because over the time the past couple of months, man, I've been hearing you know your thoughts politically now and I've loved the way you've grown. And I also watched this week, yes Sunday man, I couldn't wait to get on the phone. I didn't know y'all was in. It wasn't then yesterday. I wasn't thinking about the holiday, the brother. I really appreciate you, man, your thoughts and how you put them together.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 12: And I think you're a real voice right now for the generation man politically. And I want to say that you remind me of a gentleman by the name of Pe D.
Speaker 2: Green Man.
Speaker 12: There's some research on them.
Speaker 2: Man, and you you're that dude.
Speaker 12: I really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: That is the ultimate compliment. Now, that is my favorite radio personality of all time.
Speaker 12: Hey man, listen the dude. The dude calmed the city in Washington during a riot. So that's that says a lot, you know.
Speaker 2: But god, damn, my.
Speaker 3: Bad get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Why do you hang up on that man when you talking good about me?
Speaker 1: Because he did.
Speaker 3: He was about to go into the All Star Game. That's what I was waiting.
Speaker 2: You're so evil.
Speaker 1: I'm so evil.
Speaker 3: I was waiting because I was waiting.
Speaker 1: More to finish.
Speaker 7: But y'all should watch Talk to Me. Talk Talk to Me is a movie about Pe D. Green and stars Don cheetle p d.
Speaker 2: Green. Roger P. Hinson is in it as well too. That's great, great movie.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 18: Good morning?
Speaker 19: This is George.
Speaker 10: Hey you're taking my call?
Speaker 1: Hey George morning to get it off your chest.
Speaker 20: You don't know why.
Speaker 10: And I hate jumping on the immigration man, but why can't we just suspend this thing for a while and let's clean up the mess that we already have. We keep bringing more people in and it's like filling up a box and things. They can't close the top because it's too full. Why can't we just say, you know, that's it, we can't take any more people, no vacancy, and let's clean.
Speaker 2: Up the mens that we have.
Speaker 10: Because the ones that are coming in, just if you see him every day in the news, robbing us stealing, and they there's no bail, so they get right back out and do the same thing.
Speaker 2: You know. Just where's Ice?
Speaker 20: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea who is weedo.
Speaker 10: We I mean New York City. I take New York City.
Speaker 8: We have the mayor.
Speaker 21: I tried that leave me.
Speaker 22: I've done that.
Speaker 10: I've written to them. But yeah, I'm just one man. If maybe five hundred men do it, maybe they'll do something about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll never forget that.
Speaker 7: I'll never forget when Eric Adams told everybody to come to New York City and they can.
Speaker 2: They haven't stopped co reporting migrants.
Speaker 7: Come on to New York. We welcome you with open arms. Only only for that two in to change very very very quick and at one point, at what point is he going to just admit that those Republicans were right, that there's a problem, like you know what I mean, just say it.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and admitute and then maybe we can fix it.
Speaker 1: That's right, we'll get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got just with the mess coming.
Speaker 3: Up, Yes we do. Kelly Rowland reportedly walks off the Today Show over dressing room is shoe all.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club in morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's cej n V Jess hilarious, charlamage the God we are the Breakfast Club and let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 8: Jesus real, guess, don't do you know?
Speaker 14: She couldn't started.
Speaker 3: Kelly Rowland walked off the Today Show set, so she was supposed to sit down with Hoda and Jenna, and she reportedly left abruptly because she wasn't happy with the conditions of her dressing room she had. Apparently the building is old and it's a it's tiny dressing rooms, but they were trying to say like, oh, we have tiny dress rooms anyway, but the fact that Jaylo was there to promote her new album upcoming film, and she had the biggest one she had, like the main one, which was bigger than I guess the little closet one that they try to give Kelly before leaven Kelly asked to be moved to a larger room or whatever, and they actually denied her. So she didn't just assume because I seen comments like well, she assumed that Jayla was was in there. She asked to be moved. She didn't just abruptly leave. She did ask to be moved and they said, no, j Lo is occupying that one. So Rita Orr was also on set to talk about the mass singer and she was pulled on to fill Kelly's role last minute. A lot of celebrities like jumped to her defense, while other UH celebrities starting to call her a diva. They was accusing her to be a diva. Marla Wayne's came to her defense, where I thought was was really nice. Basically he was just saying, stop with the false narratives. I've worked with Kelly, and I will honestly say she was nothing short of amazing, sweet, come professional, you know, giving her her flowers. And I agree with that. I agree with that, like like us. She just told us, me and you maybe we have to hold our icons like up high, up high, and I believe that, you know, it's Callindria Roland, Like why why wouldn't we? After that, she went on, yeah, yeah, don't believe me. Wow, so she absolutely so she went on a Sharie Shepherd show, right Shepherd? Oh my god, I don't know her like that. So no, listen she went on Sharry Shepherds Show. And this is the audio that we poured from there. Okay, wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 17: I know that this is your show, but can we take just I have to tell you who thank you for being light positive energy.
Speaker 3: In this space this time we needed you, and I thank you so much for y'all. Queen, I'm gonna save you so much. And that was sweet, so She didn't really talk directly about her experience at the Today Show, but online people were saying, I guess our dressing room was acceptable at the Sherry Shepherd show. And then Sherry Shepherd calment back. She coming back to somebody and said, oh, we gave her a gorgeous room. It is Kalndria Roland. So shout out to Sherry, you know, because she actually made that happen. She knows how to lift our icons up. Obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I can't even believe this is a story dropping the clues bombs with Kelly Rowland. I have no problem with what Kelly Rowland did. If you ask these people to take time out of their lives to come co host your programs, treat them with respect. If she feels like she's not being treated with the respect she deserves, she has every right to walk away. Stop backing like y'all doing talent a favor by putting them on your show. On the show, that's right, and realize nowadays talent is doing you a favor right showing up because most towners don't need these looks.
Speaker 1: In two thousand two, and like you said, she was supposed to guess co hosts. It wasn't like she was there as a guest.
Speaker 3: She came to pull up.
Speaker 1: No, she was a guest co host and if she felt like the dress room wasn't up to her standard, she didn't like it.
Speaker 3: She has the ability to be like, you know what f themount Yeah, and she asked to be moved. Some people just would have left, but she asked. I still thought that was very professional. But Kelly has a movie coming out with Tyler Perry on Netflix. It's called Me a col for y'all, So make.
Speaker 2: Sure y'all watch that absolutely.
Speaker 3: Monique responds to her son's viral TikTok videos. So she did a comedy show not too long ago. She was on stage as a part of Cat William's tour. And this is a joke that she's told, I'm.
Speaker 1: Coming Morman and I can just see this mother TikTok my goddamn something.
Speaker 7: And I'm walking through the North Airport and this elder little woman comes up to me.
Speaker 3: She said, Monique.
Speaker 14: I said, ma'am, she said, let me talk to you for a minute.
Speaker 3: So I had prepared myself.
Speaker 1: For this old woman to tell me how the father was.
Speaker 5: I prepared myself to be respectful to check he had.
Speaker 3: I prepared myself to listen. She said, listen, my grandbaby called me and told me to watch this guy Chakey TikTok, and your son and I watched this.
Speaker 5: I said, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: She said, I want to tell you something. I said, ma'am. She said, eighty year old woman come up to you in York in the Nork airport and tell you that her grandmaby told her to watch her TikTok eighty years old.
Speaker 2: Now you done got stuck in the work train station before I have, so you can't see that.
Speaker 3: The airport, not the train station.
Speaker 2: I definitely.
Speaker 3: Eight year old woman. Yes, okay, Well whatever she did, whether I still don't ever think it's cool to ever be like if your kids and you know what I'm saying that I didn't like it when Corey Olkom said that his daughter and I don't even like him. But I can literally like, I don't like that, you know what I mean, We obviously don't. I honestly don't even like how they put it out there, her and her husband that he as a mental health issues or whatever like that. You know, we obviously see there's a herd child. He's a grown man. But this should just all not be online on the stage. Go repair that. Repair that.
Speaker 7: I agree with everything you're saying, yess. But that's the sad part about when you make something public. When you make something public, now everybody feels like it's their business too. And so now somebody coming up to you telling you f your child.
Speaker 2: And it's like, woa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You don't get to say that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I might feel like that you don't get to say that, But then again, do they get to say that because it is public, so they have an opinion about it?
Speaker 1: Was the first person bringing up right, she was the first person to talk about it, and the young man responded, so yeah, I mean to make their own opinion.
Speaker 3: Not even an eighty year old woman can walk up to me and tell me F my son last day eighty I'm telling her eighty one and she lived a long, great life anyway, Chris, but no, remove us from.
Speaker 2: The group chat though I don't want to know any more Monique's family business.
Speaker 3: Chris Brown calls out Ruffles for being uninvited after being invited to the Celebrity All Star Game. So it's no secret. He took to Instagram and Twitter when Chris Brown said that he was asked to participate in the Celebrity All Star Game and then uninvited because certain sponsors like Ruffles had an issue with it. So it is no need to read what he said. But Ruffles responded to the accusations, claiming that they had no involvement in who plays in the game. And so Chris Brown responded back and was like, man, y'all trying to say face, you already know what's up. Stand on business. Don't try to make it look like I'm tripping you. And the NBA representatives know exactly what y'all doing. And he actually posted like emails of them actually inviting him to play, but they still and when they uninvited him to play, they actually they still wanted him to come to the game to sit, you know, as one of the stars for being there, and they said, he said, y'all know Dan Well, y'all line and sug Knight has a podcast called Collect Call.
Speaker 23: That was so dope.
Speaker 1: I think it's so dope.
Speaker 3: I never knew they had a podcast, And I think Collect Call is just so witty because he in jail and this is what he said.
Speaker 8: You didn't have a man that part of that secret society.
Speaker 24: They're gonna give him award, the Impact Award, the month to beat up more than anybody. This man in your award beating up woman. Chris Brown is stripped from his crown and not saying it was right by him and Lehanna got into it and he had a fighter or he beat her up.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is this, he had a fight with one woman, or he beat up one woman, and they still cast the stones at him. They don't let him come before, they don't let him pretty much win awards, but you can have an Impact award.
Speaker 3: But I treck And so this was him defending Chris Brown. And yeah he was actually talking about doctor Dre when he said that. But like we were just talking about off air, like what what do we think Chris Brown needs to do? Like what could he do to I guess be is what's the word relinquish? Is given, forgive, forgiven or whatever you know of like what he's done now. It was a lot of comment swarming around like no, he didn't just beat up one woman and he you know now he's a blood, he's a gang member and all that type of stuff. But I just still feel like a lot what they're talking about, they're mainly talking about everybody, just mainly talking about this situation where Rihanna had happened back in like twenty eleven or something like that, two thousand and nine, Okay, but it was No. Nobody can grow from those things. Those people make mistakes, People grow from them. Like it's no, it's no, I mean you can't you change.
Speaker 7: I mean, you can do all of that, Like you can grow, you can evolve what I mean. You know these companies still, that's that's on them. If they choose nothing to deal with you, they choose nothing to deal with you.
Speaker 3: But it should be everybody, right, Like I think it should be everybody. If we got one person here that's suffering for domestic.
Speaker 1: Violence, it is sad he was what nineteen years old, Yeah, because you imagine the things that we did at nineteen and he's got in trouble for that that held us down to when we was in you know, our thirties or forties or whatever it may be.
Speaker 7: Like that's why I say truth be told. Who kids with man things like you know he's gone through the legal process. You know, as long as you've made peace for God, as long as you made peace with yourself and hopefully the people you know who you potentially hurt, it doesn't matter what other thing. And even if you haven't made peace of the people you hurt, as long as you ask forgiveness, ask forgiveness and you feel God has given you that, that's really all that matters, and that's all you.
Speaker 2: Can hope for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it just doesn't stop like it just wasn't this It was member when he was supposed to play Michael Jackson tribute, a tribute would do it?
Speaker 3: No, No, this is the thing they're saying. They're inviting him to these places, they're telling him that he can, and then they're turning turning around saying that he can't.
Speaker 7: And see, I wonder if what the NBA did was personal to Chris Brown, or is the people who are over that portion of All Star events if they're just slack Because I saw Gilly. You know, Gilly was on with Matt Bonds and Stephen Jackson and he was saying that basically the same thing happened to him as well. They told him he was playing the game, told him he was in the game. Then when the line came out, he wasn't, and nobody called him to tell him otherwise. So I just wonder if they're just so we showed up with a jersey on and everything. I guess he said they was talking as an assistant and basically told him he was he was gonna be in it.
Speaker 2: But then when they announced, you know who.
Speaker 3: Saw that his name was exact.
Speaker 1: But it also could be, like you said, it could be like whoever's booking these acts or booking these acts, and then when it gets to legal legals like no, no, no, we're not doing that. Maybe you know whoever's you know, high exacts like no, no, no, we're not doing it. That could have happened as well. But let's discuss it. Next hour eight hundred and five A five one oh five one. We were talking Chris Brown. Of course he was supposed to be playing in the Celebrity Game, and then last minute they said no, so is that fair?
Speaker 3: Do we should we forgive him? Has he evolved?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss next hour eight hundred five A five one oh five one. And when we come back, we got front page news. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Go morning, you're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Warning everybody's cej n V.
Speaker 1: Just larious, Charlamagne the gud we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: What's going on dj M vs.
Speaker 14: Hilario's Charlemagne the guy am.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right into it. Let's talk about the suspect who fatally shot two officers.
Speaker 14: Yeah, an update on that story now.
Speaker 4: The man who fatally shot two Minnesota police officers on a first responder over the weekend. He was actually prohibited from owning a firearm. Let's go to NBC to break down what happened in that shooting. I'll give you some more information on the other side.
Speaker 25: Outside the Burnsville, Minnesota Police station, balloons, flowers, and embraces as this community mourns the three first responders killed early Sunday.
Speaker 14: They put their lives on the line every day for us.
Speaker 3: Everybody is hurting right now.
Speaker 25: Police officers Paul elmstrand Matthew Rugie, both twenty seven, and forty year old firefighter paramedic Adam Finnseth were shot while responding to a domestic violence incident. We are heartbroken tonight the County Medical Examiner confirming the man responsible for their deaths as thirty eight year old Shannon.
Speaker 3: Cort has good In fully say.
Speaker 25: It began at one fifty Sunday morning with the nine to one to one called reporting a man was armed and barricaded inside a home. Officers are and began negotiating with him, later learning there were seven children inside, ages two to fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so really unfortunate story with that, especially with those children inside. But the thing, the key to this is, guys, you know, we always talk about these shootings and if they were allowed to have a gun or not. And in this particular case, Shannon Gooding, he was permitted by state law from possessing a firearm after he was convicted of second degree assault in two thousand and seven. And what was even further interesting about this story, in twenty twenty, his attorney attempted to reverse that. He called it a very harsh band, arguing that it was good he had good calls to do so and that he was not a dangerous criminal or a potential risk to the community. So we find that to not be true according to what happened this weekend. So again, unfortunate that those first responders lost their life. In fact, one was responding. He was actually administering first aid when he was shot as well and killed.
Speaker 14: So very unfortunate incident that happened with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest in peace to those police officers right to this is one first responder.
Speaker 7: Ye, yeah, rest in people, those police officers and that first respond to I mean that was so many officers, you know, fear right getting killed in the line of duty. And you know, the same way, we don't want to see any sense civilians, you know, getting getting killed just randomly, you know, doing routine things. You don't want to see that happening the police officers either, So rest in peace to those two officers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And it always goes to you know, they talk about the firearm laws and and people owning firearms, but like I always said, the criminals don't care about the firearm laws regardless. If they want a firearm, they're gonna buy a firearm. So a lot of times these laws and these things that they do it for people that's trying to protect themselves, but the criminal don't care about your law. The criminal don't care about how much time they're gonna get if they want to commit a crime or do something like this. They're gonna take a firearm. He wasn't permitted to have a firearm and he got one.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they about to bury that man under the jets.
Speaker 14: I mean no, he passed away. He passed away.
Speaker 2: Yes, what he killed hisself. He killed him.
Speaker 3: He was shot.
Speaker 4: It was and I don't want to give missing from but because it was a shootout. From what I'm reading for NBC doesn't say what bullet came from where. The story is still developing, but it was a shootout, so we don't know if it was maybe he's shooting at them other than shooting at him or vice versas. But they did not confirm that. I'm assuming it obviously came, you know, probably from them shooting at him.
Speaker 14: But yeah, that's the way those seven children.
Speaker 1: Now let's jump right into to Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to give you an update over President. We obviously were off for President's Day. We want to give you update on former President Donald Trump. On Friday, he was found liable for conspiring to manipulate his networth and ordering him to pay a penalty of nearly three hundred and fifty five million dollars plus interest.
Speaker 14: Let's go to CBS for the report.
Speaker 26: The former president ordered to pay more than three hundred and fifty million dollars and banned from running a business in New York or applying for loans in the state for three years. His two sons each find four million dollars and barred from doing business in New York for two years, thrusting the leadership of the family company into peril.
Speaker 12: The prohibitive from doing business in your your home state or the state where you have so many properties and so many business activities, it is an absolutely devastating sanction.
Speaker 9: But is it though?
Speaker 1: I mean, his sons can't run it, But he has daughters. I'm sure he has other you know, people on his team that can run it.
Speaker 3: Is it that bad?
Speaker 20: Bro?
Speaker 2: He got a three hundred and fifty four million dollar fine.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the fact that but he's gonna appeal a three undred fifty dousand dollars five one.
Speaker 2: That's on top of the other. What was it how much you had to pay that woman.
Speaker 4: Let's let's deal with this appeal though, because you mentioned he's gonna appeal it.
Speaker 14: What doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: So before he can appeal the verdict, Trump will still have to post a bond our pledged assets equal to the verdict plus nine percent of a post judgment interest.
Speaker 14: So there's a lot of conversations like, oh, well, he'll just appeal it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you still have to put that money in though, because they want to make sure that in case that appeal doesn't go through, that the state gets their money. There's also some conversations Charlomagne and about oh, well, you know, he'll just get bankruptcy, so let me just address that quickly.
Speaker 14: He's going in order to let me go back to the appeal.
Speaker 4: In order to appeal, he'll also have to pay a non refundable fee of about eighteen million dollars just to obtain the bond he had to put up. He yes, still have to put us on collateral. And to address the bankruptcy question. Uh, that Trump organization, even if it declares bankruptcy the organization, he still would have to pay that fee. Now, if he personally declares bankruptcy, then the judge could possibly pause it, but they said that's unlikely to happen as well. So to answer your question, Charlemagne, three hundred and fifty five million penalty comes from this.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: But then also you're talking about the eighty eight million that is owed to e Gen Carroll from another case.
Speaker 2: So now that half a billion in legal debts, that's correct.
Speaker 3: What is Trump worth?
Speaker 1: What do they say this networth is?
Speaker 3: What is he worth?
Speaker 4: Do we know? Let me look it up, because it did. It did say on here about his net worth. But I don't think it's.
Speaker 7: Say he ain't got a half a billion dollar line around to paying no legal days that much.
Speaker 2: I know, Okay, I'll tell you them.
Speaker 7: Donald Trump might be the toughest white man that E would live because both white men would have killed themselves a long time ago if there was in this kind of debt. I mean you theyd been jumping off buildings, jumping off bridges, goggling with bullets. They would have been like, think about how white people on Wall Street just kill themselves when they get this kind of debt. This man got a half a billion dollars in debt and he out here selling sneakers.
Speaker 1: About three ninety nine dollars sneak as a reseller for I seen somewhere eight thousand dollars on some of them.
Speaker 3: Sitage man, Yeah, I did that, And that is front page.
Speaker 2: And that guy he did kill hiself.
Speaker 7: The guy was talking about earlier that the yeah plaining good and he died of a selfing flicked gunshot.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, thank you for that update. I know NBC didn't say who if. I don't want to put that at this so take you sho for that update.
Speaker 2: All right, and make sure you.
Speaker 7: Follow that Tesling figure o on all social media platforms and subscribe to Teslim Figure's podcast, A straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Sack iHeart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 1: All right, eight hundred five day five one five one with discussing Chris Brown. If you haven't heard, he was supposed to pay a celebrity basketball game over the weekend foot All Star, but last minute they pulled it, and he's saying enough enough pretty much, f y'all. Like this was I was nineteen years old when I got into the incident, and it just won't go away. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, what are your thoughts? You know, Chris Brown is what thirty five thirty six years old. Now this happened when he was nineteen. He was dating Rihanna in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's as cutting dry as everybody trying to make it out to be.
Speaker 7: It never is, because these companies can reserve the right to not do business that you and we know they're not consistent, we know they are all contradictions, we know they hypocrites, we know everyone doesn't get treated the same, and truly there's nothing nobody can do about it. These companies say, hey, man, we don't.
Speaker 2: Want Chris Brown. Then they don't want Chris Brown like I don't. I don't, I don't know what we want.
Speaker 1: But let's discuss when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club. More than everybody is ej NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the God, we are the Breakfast Club. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about Chris Brown. Now during just with the mess he was she was talking about Chris Brown and the fact that the NBA invited him to play at the Celebrity Game and then uninvited him. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's crazy. I think it's crazy. Don't all right if you if these these corporations, Charlamagne is right, they have the right to say who they don't want to deal with or they do want to deal with for their past or whatever. But don't invite me and then uninvite me. Don't do that. It had the same thing happened with the Tribute, same thing happened with this game. And I just think it's bad.
Speaker 1: I just feel like with the NBA, the NBA has a lot of uh, I guess to do this because there's so many players in the NBA that have assault charges, sexual assault charges.
Speaker 7: And no, no, NBA not like the NFL. NBA definitely have some people who got some DV charges.
Speaker 1: But not like the NFL NBA, but they but they do have somebody have so many players that have had sex assault charges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, oh, come on, come on, come on, this ain't the show for that. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Who who I'm talking about right now?
Speaker 27: No?
Speaker 1: No, not right now, but I don't know about right now. In the past, they have had players who have sexual assault charges and still play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but those people also went through the legal system though, Like they went through the legal system, like they had their due process in court, and so they got dealt with in.
Speaker 2: A court of law.
Speaker 1: They still plague problem.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 7: They did play in the league. But we're not going to sit here and act like the NBA didn't back away from them. Because you're talking about Kobe Bryan, Let's be there is a host of them. Well because because because reality is, the league should have been Kobe's like Kobe should have been the face of the league. There was a there was a plan to not make Kobe the face of the league, and that's when they started putting all the energy on Lebron James and this is and Kobe was still at the top of his game, winning two championships and everything. But I don't know how we even got on this subject.
Speaker 1: What I was just saying, you're you.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 3: Saying like who? If you never say like who, then we wouldn't be I don't I.
Speaker 1: Said that there was players in the league that been accused of sexual assault in the league. We still see them in the league. So but the fact that Chris Brown did something at the age of nineteen, this was a he's a kid eight nineteen. Can we agree he was a teenager?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: He made mistakes, he effed up, he apologized, he said he was sorry. But the fact that how old is Chris now thirty something years old, five thirty six years old and one of the best musicians out there, but will never get his flowers because of this, and it keeps coming up. He couldn't do the Michael Jackson tribute. He couldn't play after they invited him. Now, if they didn't invite him, that I would understand. But it seems like it's over and over and over again.
Speaker 7: You know, Yeah, I mean, like I said earlier, these companies can reserve the right to not do business with you. We know they're not consistent, we know that they're all contradictions, we know they're hypocrites. We know everyone doesn't get treated the same, And truthfully, I don't there's nothing anybody can do about it.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's wrong.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's necessarily wrong. If I'm personally making a choice to not deal with someone, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't say. I don't know if wrong is the right world.
Speaker 7: When you talk about players, these players impact their bottom line more than a Chris Brown does. These players are part of the league, they're part of a team, so of course they're going to get more leniency and more grace than somebody who they just bringing into.
Speaker 3: You know, a celebrity game.
Speaker 2: Though. Yeah, but I'm saying that's only one time.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna ruin my whole brand and my whole game, you know, from one person. But also too, like I said earlier, I wonder if the NBA, if that was personal to Chris Brown, are the people who just running that kind of stuff slack because I told y'all, Gilly said the same thing.
Speaker 2: Gilly said, they told him he was playing in the game.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't think we can bring up Gilly Gilly, So I'm just saying.
Speaker 7: Gilly Gilly said they told him he was playing in the game, and then when it got announced who was in the game, he wasn't in it. So maybe these people just slack, because that is slack to email somebody and tell them, hey, you on, but then email them back and tell.
Speaker 2: Them, hey, no you're not.
Speaker 7: That's just unprofessional, correct, So maybe these people that are running this portion are just unprofessional. I don't know if it's something necessarily personal against.
Speaker 3: I do believe so.
Speaker 1: But let's go to the phone line. We have Crystal on theline. Crystal, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 5: I was because I'm really tired of Chris Brown slander, to be honest, and doctor Dre beat Michelle A. He got performing super Bowl, he got to do all this stuff, all these endorsement stills, Chris Brown beats Brianna, and it's like keeps black balls for other and it's not fair. Everybody knows.
Speaker 1: I agree with you organization though, you know, the Super Bowl is ran by the NFL and of course the NBA is totally two different organizations.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous though, because he keeps getting blocked by everything and everybody. Everybody knows who they want to perform. Yeah, and even with the NBA and mine, I still think it.
Speaker 10: Was a sponsors that did that. But they should just leave them alone.
Speaker 12: But they're gonna keep doing that.
Speaker 3: Then Ruffles said, we have nothing to do with and Chris said, Ruffles is the line.
Speaker 2: But I believe that.
Speaker 7: I know Ruffles don't have nothing to do with picking the player, Like what would why would, hey, Ruffles, we all want to play.
Speaker 2: That's not how that works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the thing is right, right. But the thing is when when it when it got to them who was playing, they were like, Okay, we don't want to be associated with a Chris Brown. That is very true.
Speaker 2: Rubles, that's not true. Rubble said that never happened, said we had nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with it, and they would be able to prove that if Russells was Ruffles was the one that be like, we don't want to spot give sponsorship money if it was because of that.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I'm sure I don't. I don't think Ruffles went that far.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this Hello, Hey, what's up, Clay? Talk to us? What's your thought?
Speaker 20: Okay, So my thoughts is, uh, he was.
Speaker 18: He was actually seventeen at the time, so I mean, you know, being seventeen, you know, everybody, everybody made mistakes.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like they should.
Speaker 19: I ain't saying they should overlook.
Speaker 18: It, but I mean he was, he was a minor, so let's uh, you know that, don't take away the fact that he's he's super talented.
Speaker 1: Right and and and and we were talking about players, you know, also call him alone, right, call alone? Twenty years old he impregnated a thirteen year old girl. He has statues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jersey's thing. But once again, cal Malone played for the Utah Jazz. He was an NBA player, meaning he affects the bottom line of the NBA more than one person in a celebrity game. If you're a owner of a team and you're willing to take whatever heat comes with that, or you're the commissioner of the organization and you're willing to deal with whatever he comes with that, you'll do that over a player. You're not going to do that over somebody in a celebrity ar That.
Speaker 1: Don't sound crazy that we're not gonna let you play because something you did at nineteen, but we're gonna, you know, give you your flowers, have a statue of you, retire your jersey, add you to the seventy fifth, the seventy five basketball team.
Speaker 2: But these are all different people making these decisions.
Speaker 3: You're thinking very small today.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not thinking y'all are thinking very small, But y'all acting like it's one person making all these decisions for all.
Speaker 3: Of these players.
Speaker 2: And Utah Jazz has to choose to build a statue.
Speaker 7: Call Malone, you talk Jazz have to choose to retire his jersey and honor him in that way.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Chris Brown. Keep being dubbed and snubbed. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: I would I would have to. I would have to know that that is exactly the reason why he got dubbed. And I would have to I would want to know from whoever dubbed him, why are the reasons eight hundred I would want to know. I think we're just making a lot of assumptions.
Speaker 3: Five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss it's breakfast slogan.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 21: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it's topic times.
Speaker 7: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast Club Morning Everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ n V, Jess, Hilarrys, Charlamagne the God, We are the Breakfast Club. If he's just joining us, we're talking about Chris Brown.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: During Jess with the Mess, he reportedly that he was supposed to play in a celebrity game but then was uninvited. UH said, no, why, I guess nobody really understands why we can only assume the reason why we're just asking you a question.
Speaker 7: I just want to throw it out there once again. Chris Brown is not the only person that the NBA did that to this year. So I'm wondering, once again, is this something personal to Chris Brown?
Speaker 2: Are all the artist.
Speaker 3: At million?
Speaker 2: Gilly is somebody who I would want to see in it? I don't care.
Speaker 7: Listen, I hain't none of y'all better than Ball, like than Gilly. Celebrity wise, Chris Jilly can ball. Chris Gilly watch Chris Brown. You stop it, Gilly?
Speaker 2: What you don't be watching Chris.
Speaker 7: By the way, Gilly has been the m v P of the Big Three Celebrity Tournament two years in a row.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Chris Brown play.
Speaker 3: Gilly? You want now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You want Gilly?
Speaker 3: And he got all right?
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 7: I enjoyed watching Gilly play. I don't know Gilly play, but Christ is busy. To Christ's busy, Hillary will wash Chrins. You never even seen Chris play, but.
Speaker 2: I've seen Gilly play a lot. But Gilly jumping is amazing.
Speaker 1: The way he's not challenge Calle jump is amazing too.
Speaker 2: Calla who Let's go to the full line.
Speaker 18: Hello, this quartine from Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: He what's your thoughts, man?
Speaker 18: I feel like, man, they're doing Chris Brown like they do every other.
Speaker 19: Black man in the world.
Speaker 12: You can't leave this world free.
Speaker 18: They're trying to keep that on him. So whenever he do get old and old and gray, they're gonna always bring it up like they do Michael Jackson and everybody else.
Speaker 2: I think we need to make sure that this is why. I'm serious. I think we might all be jumping in some glues some conclusions here.
Speaker 3: Why do you explain that the Michael Jackson tribute that they asked him to do and then he was like, now you can't that was fresh.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: I get that because that wasn't first.
Speaker 3: Like that was literal last year.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 7: Anyway, And I remember him doing Michael Jackson tribute to the BT. It was which one you're talking about?
Speaker 3: No, we ain't talking about BC baby, were talking about like this was that one of the biggest awards. Yeah, he was supposed to perform years ago. I think twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Two year was that.
Speaker 2: That's a couple years ago.
Speaker 3: He was like he had hired people, he had started two thank you very much. I'm a Chris Brown fan, so yes, I know that. So and then they said no, you can't do it. It's like no, and it's the same thing that just happened at the all start.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 7: Even with that, I'm looking at it now, it says a rep for Dick Clark Productions, which produces the show, told Puck Live.
Speaker 2: Shows change all the time. It's the nature of this business.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, this element of the aims didn't come together as we couldn't align on the performance to no fault of Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. That is a hunk of bs and we know it.
Speaker 2: And also the tribute was towards Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yes, and who they were saying. They were saying, no, we will not have somebody who represents domestic violence give a tribute to a pedophile that's alleged parts.
Speaker 2: Why do the tribute to Michael?
Speaker 7: Then, by the way, I'm a person that thinks Michael is completely innocent, But why do the tribute to.
Speaker 2: Michael because that's what we love. What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say it don't make any sense if they were going to tell Chris he can't perform and a tribute to Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Why would they be doing the tribute to Michael?
Speaker 1: But why not telling him beforehand? After what I'm saying, why even why would you even be doing a tribute to Michael? Why you are going to stand call me, make me practice and tell me I got their job.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Yes, don't call me. Listen to what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: If they were against Chris Brown, why would they be doing a tribute to Michael Jackson, who's also been accused of things? So clearly I believe them when they say to no faul to Chris Brown, because they still did attribute to somebody who's been accused of at his things.
Speaker 3: So what you you wanted to see, Gilly, Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: I'm simply saying that.
Speaker 7: I don't know if all of this is uh, if all of this to be attributed to things that people have been accused of, I don't know.
Speaker 28: Hello is this Hione is Wendy?
Speaker 3: How were you Chris Brown?
Speaker 28: Which is thought, Oh my god, I'm on real quickly, allough, you have a lot of people to get to. I want to pray to God for all of you guys in the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 24: Thank you.
Speaker 28: The main thank you for your mental health expert. I took my son last year and I need someone to help me with about to get in the therapist for my health my family. But we'll talk about that Athluid hopefully. So anyway, with regard to Chris Brown, I'm a mother, single mother of three kids, and they're putting him through enough. I spent this entire weekend listening to Chris Brown music because he is such a talented person, singing, dancing and acting and then acting like this guy took out I mean it was with a serial killer or something. He did something wrong. He apologize, he serves tenants.
Speaker 8: Rihanna has moved on. She's not dwelling on it.
Speaker 28: Why is everybody else give the man that's flowers now because they're going to be the one on the bandwagon docty bids and said, oh, Chris Brown was a wonderful performer. Here's this posthumous award or whatever it needs to get over right and leave the spending loone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you and hold on so CHARLAMAE help out with the information you need to.
Speaker 23: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 28: I appreciate you guys, take care, take care of your baby.
Speaker 3: Suit just thank you.
Speaker 7: So what's the more of the story, Guys, I think we should make sure that this is even the reason why the NBA or whoever decided we got.
Speaker 3: To bring Chris Brown up here. Chris always want them or do you not want him to come up you want Gilly to come up here?
Speaker 2: Chris is definitely walkome up here.
Speaker 7: Okay, But I just I just like I said, I just wonder if what the NBA did was personal to Chris Brown, because just like the am A, the m A said it was not personal to Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: They just switched up things in their live performance.
Speaker 1: But the problem with the Celebrity game is Chris Brown would have been probably one of the biggest celebrities playing. Yeah, can we say that can yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't remember who was in it, but yeah, yeah, I know Michael Parsons was in it, cars and not Yeah, who else is in it?
Speaker 3: I don't remember who else is in it exactly, just Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: But that's that's my point. He would have been one of the biggest celebrities playing, and I'm sure it would have people would have loved to see Chris play.
Speaker 2: Gilly would have on the m v P playing with can't play. Like if this was another life, Gilly would have been in the NBA or something.
Speaker 3: Really, really, let's be coming over to the Black Effect or something, because.
Speaker 7: Hard just like he's a person like if you watch him on this really I was actually, like I said, he won the m v P of the Big Three Celebrity Game the last couple of years, so I always be thinking, man, why Gilly's not in the NBA games? When I saw him one with Matt Bonds and Stephen Jackson explaining it this week, I was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: And especially with you know, with the Celebrity Game. I see a lot of people on the celebrity games in the mass I would say ten years that are trash that shouldn't be there, and the celebrity is not big enough to even be part of the game. I'm from the era where you know, the Celebrity Game was the major celebrity. It's like your Kevin Hart used to play all the time in the Celebrity Game.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we got just with the mess coming up, Yes we did. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: What that means you don't have nothing playing.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna get to Benzino. But I don't want nobody to be laughing because when I said we're gonna cover Benzino getting emotional and drink Champs, everybody was laughing. And so, yeah, benz we're gonna get into his mental health.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Sluggle Morning Warning. Everybody's DJ Envy Jess, Hilarry Chelam and the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Do you guys watch the Netflix series Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 2: That's about the kids with Down syndrome who found.
Speaker 1: Love that like, they're dating and they're fine in love.
Speaker 2: But I heard about it.
Speaker 3: It's really is it? Said?
Speaker 1: No, No, it's interesting. It's them finding love and going through the process of finding love. And some of them are like so real, Like one there was a speed dating and you know he's writing, no, don't want to be with her in front of her, but he doesn't understand that she can actually see it, so he's like, Nope, don't want to be with her.
Speaker 3: No, like no mother actually.
Speaker 1: Learning about love. There was one where he was like, well, you know, he needed a coach. He was like, you know, what kind of animals do you like? He was like, I like dogs, cats, I like rhinos. He starts going through all that, and lady was like, well, you're supposed to ask me back.
Speaker 2: He was like okay, he was like what coats?
Speaker 1: No animals, So you're talking about all the animals that he likes.
Speaker 3: So he went rhinos, dogs, cats, he went through tigers, uh.
Speaker 2: This, that, and he ever, We'm I supposed to ask you back.
Speaker 1: He's like, so what you're supposed to ask? What animals do you like?
Speaker 2: Why you asked me? I don't care what animals you like?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's why you would be thinking right there.
Speaker 7: That's why after the after after, because it's dating.
Speaker 1: You're on a date to ask somebody, but you like back, you just don't.
Speaker 7: You gets like small talk. That's not like we ain't supposed to be on this date. If you have you with the animals I.
Speaker 2: Like on strap, they still make him small talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't nothing to talk this.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't have to.
Speaker 2: Side, not to talk about what animals you like?
Speaker 1: Come on this on this spectrum.
Speaker 3: Look get to my news because you're cutting.
Speaker 2: Into real.
Speaker 20: Middle.
Speaker 3: Don't do just is gonna bring the numbers.
Speaker 16: Like.
Speaker 3: All right, Beyonce reveals that she has sariasis, y'all. So, during her interview with Essence, Beyonce spoke on the beautiful memories that she has that are attached to her hair, and she she recalled those moments when she said that it's very important to her because you know, she has her her hairline that is coming out, you know, her hair Caroline and everything. She said, I have many beautiful memories attached to my hair. The relationship we have with our hair is such a deeply personal journey. From spending my childhood and my mother's salon to my father applying oil on my scalp to treat my psoriasis, these moments have been sacred to me. She spoke with Essence to promote her hair care line. It's called Secret ce c R E d All, which launches today. Actually, so yes, go get that. But what I think, uh is amazing about this is that we never really hear anything personal about Beyonce, you know, especially like we used to. She used to do interviews, she used to talk to us. Now she doesn't, and and and now that she revealed like something so regular and so human that women do experience, people period experience. I think this actually, I felt like this was really nice because I know a lot of people with sorisis, you know what I mean, And this make her, this makes her look like a little bit more human and relatable or whatever. So I think that's really good. And y'all can't speak because y'all ain't speaking on or nothing because y'all don't have sorosis. But yeah, it's actually it makes her look like very much like spell it.
Speaker 2: I'm not a spell it, but she probably has scalupsurriz.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what. Yeah, that's that goes with hair. So yeah, those scalps arises, right, it wouldn't be anywhere else but May's response to Shannon Sharp. So Cam and Maids commented on Shannon Sharp's beef with Mike Apps during an episode of It Is What It Is, Play number one.
Speaker 2: It's too grown to be wrestling. Y'all's doing all this caroling, go ahead of you want, Yeah, I see you.
Speaker 3: Eight four. So obviously they were joking and playing. I mean, that's what if y'all watched their show. Y'all listen to that show, y'all know that's what they do. A certain to a certain extent, but this was honestly like a joke or whatever. Right then, Shannon Sharp responded to them on the night cab.
Speaker 21: Before they're this pastor, I guess not he a gangst the pastor now all of a sudden, I mean, he gonna do so much he needed to.
Speaker 2: Sit a little as down.
Speaker 21: This is what I do. This is what I this is what I'm saying after talking to my sister, I am fit to beef with nobody up.
Speaker 3: So you say, I know you say that, and then you say, after talking about sister, I ain't gonna be for nobody else. So Mason Dress. Shannon Sharp's response on the most recent episode of It is what it is if you are.
Speaker 6: For black people, This is not the way to carry yourself. You wanted to be tough with Mike Epps and you settled quick Diddy and Cassie call yourself coming at me. You showed poise respect for Skip Bayless. Why are you so aggressive anytime somebody black say something. The man said, put your glasses on, and you put your glasses back on.
Speaker 2: Fantastic response, A fantastic response.
Speaker 3: I definitely would say that. But Shannon Sharp got to understand, you know, you're doing these you know these podcasts that obviously they're going viral, and your show has become like like such a bigger success than it ever was because of the interviews and the people that you're sitting down with. Everybody come spilling their tea, and you can't expect not to be talked about like the same way with you know, Mike Apps. Although I was a little on Shannon's side with the whole gay thing, but I mean again again, these are jokes and I really thought it was harmless with Mason Cameron did on the show. I mean, but he just got to stop responding to everything. Don't respond to everything? Yeah, Why everybody coming at Shannon though?
Speaker 7: Like I like, I understand that he's done a couple of interviews that have been considered messing with the cat whims Monique one.
Speaker 2: But why is that a reflection of him? Why are people coming at him?
Speaker 3: But I think it's been jokes, Like Mason, Mason Camp is doing jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just gets a fend until somebody deals runs up on you.
Speaker 1: It's okay, yeah, but but it's been all jokes, And I think Shannon Sharp has to understand that they're gonna have jokes regardless that that she was a sign of of him doing well. That is, the stuff is going viral and this stuff is part of the culture.
Speaker 7: They only Cat Williams was what December? Right, December, It's only February. Why somebody got smoke and Shannon, now it's only February.
Speaker 3: Well, he's gonna have to put his big boy pants on and put them glasses back on. So he ye had tough skin because it's a lot more people coming.
Speaker 1: Shannon's is fine and that's the reason why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and yep, and they're gonna keep picking on him. Ben Zeno opens up about beef with Eminem on a recent interview with Drink Champs. They got him drunk as a skunk and this is what he said, no.
Speaker 2: And set of emment conrap. But I care about us some more. I don't want to go through I want to talk about it.
Speaker 23: No monce twenty two years an interview, they asked me about Eminem.
Speaker 2: You want me to do. Come on, man, my daughter came into the industry figuring that, Hey, I gotta be cool with because everybody's against my dad. You think this cool man. We're failing as the people. I don't hate em and them. I don't know them to hate them. I don't hate white people.
Speaker 3: Tired, it's just too much.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be the bad guy. I like when people get that drunk. You don't I do.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, definitely that alcohol get a hold of your soul. You just start spilling your guns. You give your life to the Lord in that moment, I respect it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And their beef was over twenty years ago. Uh, Benzino in eminem and they did this tracks a couple of weeks ago, back and forth for whatever. But I just felt like, they you drunk on this show, and then who's the other host? Is not but it's another guy sitting thereat He was like he after Benzino went on for a while, he was like, all right, come on, come on, you're you're you're more than this, Like don't you know at the young gay this man twenty two shots of his enemy. Yeah, you're more than this, Your more than this. But also I saw that he just tied of the Internet and tied of.
Speaker 1: It, like just they played with Benzino's name a lot. That's and that's the horrible whatever he said in that moment is what he means, is what he meant.
Speaker 7: So he don't hate white people. We don't have a problem with eminem Yeah, okay, you gotta do that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel Benzino. They play on Benzino's name a lot. Let's let's be honest. Benzino was one of the people that created the Source magazine, which was an institution that helped so many different artists. They were doing so well as so at one point, and people just play with him when it comes to it.
Speaker 7: But they stay coming for Benzino's neck the absolutely. But no, they do always coming, you know what I mean, always coming up.
Speaker 3: They coming, all right, we'll just say coming down because you know him.
Speaker 2: Aland on neck.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, no no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Break champs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know no, we gotta lit icons up. He has a neck. Y'll so just with the mess second time. Oh my god, I're gonna kill you. Who you get to get Donkey too?
Speaker 1: Man, he's just said, we gotta he so stupid.
Speaker 7: You need Beth and your friend go to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a world with her, please.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that next to the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Come morning, wake up, You're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Charlotege some donkey to days just saw himself. I've been watching Charlotte Man was ready for I never heard them Donkey Day.
Speaker 3: Again, Charla Man, I'm a donkey.
Speaker 2: Yes you aren't.
Speaker 14: Everything that's Charlotte mane the same.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: Donkey Today for Tuesday, February twenty. If it goes to Bethany Frankel, you know who. Bethany Frankel is, right, entrepreneur, TV personality Real Housewives in New York. She gets busy. She had a daytime talk show back in the day. I used to appear on it pretty often. Fun fact, Befany Frankel is the reason I named my podcast when Andrews showed Brilliant Idiots. True story, I was on her show back in the day when we were first launching the podcast, and she said to me, verbatim, you say the smartest, dumbest things I've ever heard. You're like a brilliant idiot, and immediately the light bulb went off. So thank you for that inspiration, Bethany. But Donkey of the Day does not discriminate. See if you was listening to Jess with the mess earlier then you heard just tell a story about the great Kelly Rowland. Jess, can you tell the people what happened with the Godiva Chocolate goddess Kelly Rowland?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: She was invited to co host the Today Show and when she got there, she saw that she did not like her green room accommodations, and she asked to be moved to a larger green room and they denied her that excess because j Loo was accompanying the main green room.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, Well, of course a lot of people had opinions about this situation, and Bethany Frankel was one of them. There's a page six headline that says, Bethany Frankel slams Kelly Rowland for diva expectations over Today's show dressing rooms.
Speaker 2: Can we listen to what Bethany had to say?
Speaker 3: Right, Kelly Roland.
Speaker 27: Walked off the set of the Today Show because the dressing room wasn't up to park. She was co hosting with Hoda and it wasn't it. I've co hosted with Hoda and I've arrived there and the makeup area that you touch up in is like grab a croissant, and it's some plastic and gray for the best and it's.
Speaker 3: Just not what that's about. And it's an honor to be there and.
Speaker 27: To sit down with Hoda, and that was not the moment for diva expectations.
Speaker 7: Bethany, stop cut it out, Bethany, I would not expect that take from you, because you are the same person who had your lawyer send Bravo a litigation hold letter that alleged the company engaged in grow tests.
Speaker 2: And depraved mistreatment of its on air talent.
Speaker 7: Bethany also accused Brabo's parent company of applying talent with alcohol while depriving them of food and sleep, as well as denying mental health treatment. The moral of the story is Bethany doesn't like to see people mistreating talent. Bethany doesn't like to see people taking advantage of talent. So, Bethany, if a talent like Kelly Rowland felt like they was being mistreated and decided, you know, she was being mistreated to the point she should walk away, who are you to tell her she's acting like a diva? Okay, we all know you have to teach people how to treat you. So if today's show wasn't treating Kelly the way she wanted to be treated. Who are we to tell Kelly Rowland suck.
Speaker 2: It up but a couple.
Speaker 7: No, it is necessary and even vital to set standards for your life. I don't have a problem with Kelly having boundaries. I don't have a problem with Kelly Rowland or any talent walking away from a situation if they aren't being treated correctly. All of these production companies, networks, TV shows, y'all got life fed up in twenty twenty four. If you ask these people to take time out of their lives to come co host your programs, treat them with respect. In business, they say the customer is always right. Well so is the damn talent when it comes to situations like this. If Kelly Rowland felt if Kelly Rowland felt like they weren't felt like she wasn't being treated with the respect she.
Speaker 2: Deserves, she has every right to walk away.
Speaker 7: Stop acting like y'all doing talent and favor by putting them on your shows, and realize nowadays talent is doing you a favor because most talents don't need these looks in twenty twenty four, Okay, you need them to garn her attention for your programs in a lot of these cases, not the other way around.
Speaker 2: Okay, set boundaries, y'all.
Speaker 7: All right, everybody out there, don't be afraid to set boundaries like the good system native to Why Glover says, set boundaries find peace. What Kelly Rowland did brought her extreme piece, and that's what setting boundaries is all about. Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if to today's show and Beth and you Frankel were.
Speaker 7: Disappointed that Kelly rolling chose to do what was best for her and her mental and emotional health. But loving yourself will always trump disappointing others. Bethany Frankel, you should be ashamed. Don't call yourself standing up for talent that bravo, But then tell someone else they should stand down and.
Speaker 2: Deal with it. Please get get Bestiny Frankel, The sweet sounds of the Hamiltone.
Speaker 3: Oh No, you are the dog.
Speaker 2: All the day.
Speaker 24: Ye you know me.
Speaker 2: It don't take me much to leave because I don't want to be there to begin with.
Speaker 3: Well, you should have gave her the remy my one. Are you let gettin that fits her? Hee haw he ha, you stupid motherfucker?
Speaker 2: Are you dumb?
Speaker 3: I saw the video. I saw what she did when she took the online to respond to that. I know you were so close to her. Yeah, I didn't know that. I didn't know. Wow, yak, I thought that was that was crazy to go on lie like that. But did y'all y'all see my story. She actually looked like Fred Gwinn. Y'all know that. This just from the original pet Cemetery, the guy who plays Frankenstein. She favors him. I wonder if they like it's a granddaughter or something like that. But yeah, that's what she looked like me. But yeah, she deserved donkey to day.
Speaker 7: I didn't like that, Yeah, especially being that you know she has sent legal letters to Bravo and accused them of mistreating talent. So if you're gonna stand up for talent in one place, you got to stand up for talent all across the board.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well thank you for that donkey today. Now over the weekend, Charlemagne was given.
Speaker 3: Yes, look he was low key giving.
Speaker 1: Now now now explain you got a call over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of my good, good, good close gay friends had hit me up and was like, hey, guess if I saw a creeping down in Atlanta at the chair convention. And I was like, ohh and so he was like you and I believe Charlemagne the Good and you know I love him, right, So I came up there and you know, I spoke to him and he was like, okay, how you doing. He was he was real cool and I didn't expect that from him, and he was like low key giving a little bit, and I was like, given what he was like, now you know what I'm talking about when I say he gave. I was like, okay, Well, for one, he wasn't creeping in the chair convention because he has a fifteen year old she cheers, and he was with his wife. That means you saw him right next to his wife. He said his wife. I said yeah, and I just knew. I wasn't even to FaceTime with him. I knew he flipped his neck when he said his wife, and I was like, yeah, no, that is the thing. He even married. But he got a big crush for chart Man and he was like, now you see how them them married? Man be giving the mixed signals, and I was like, oh my god, yup, I sure, DC.
Speaker 7: Don't let your feelings for me, sir, okay make you think that I was flirting with you in any way.
Speaker 1: He was getting okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm just a nice person. But you know what, my people's right, The people's right.
Speaker 7: He with me that y'all won't be paying attention to They always say to me that you be giving no, Yes, they do. They think I give a little too much. They was like, you know, you sure you want to speak to talk to people? Why should I do from now on?
Speaker 3: Bush?
Speaker 2: Next time, youn't get mushed?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, like soaked up the phone lines eight hundred five one on five one. How do you know the difference between someone complimenting you and someone flirting?
Speaker 2: That's right? Please tell these people you're thinking that just because you nice, you like them.
Speaker 7: But if he was flirting with men always feel like that with women, like if a woman just nice to a guy, Hi, you want me? I didn't know gay men feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It could have been a squint in your eyes. You could have been putting on that that Bama aggressively. He put his this like you're trying to brush his thief like all that. Yeah, Like, look that is not he'd be touching.
Speaker 1: Yeah with that, gentleman, five a five one on five one. How do you know the difference between someone complimenting and flirting? Charlemagne putting chap stick on his lips extra hard while you saying.
Speaker 2: By the way, that never happened.
Speaker 3: By the way, he was trying to gig yourself, And I'm like, dang, I'm disgusting there.
Speaker 1: We'll take your calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast logan warding the Breakfast Club warning everybody you see j n V, Jess hilarious, Charlomage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club now if you just join us. We're talking about Charlemagne giving out in Atlanta, of all places, this weekend. So what happened in Atlanta this weekend?
Speaker 3: One of my friends called me and told me that he was creeping out of chair convention and I was like, oh, that's because his family is there. He has, you know, fifteen year old and a wife and he was like a wife. Oh he was low key giving. Because I spoke to him and he was very much, you know, trying to lookey, give like flirt with him. That's what he was insinuating. And he was like when I told him that he had a wife, he was so disappointed. He was like, see that these these married men be giving mixed signals.
Speaker 2: So what mixed signals just because you nice to a human?
Speaker 1: Listen, it seems like you do this because we have a young lady on the phone.
Speaker 3: Be a man.
Speaker 1: I don't want to, I don't want to let me see and he and she said she met Charlemagne before and it was similar.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, good morning, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: What's your name, mama?
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Sharon. Yes, So I want to just briefly just talk about the interaction that I had with Charlot nine and Charla Nae.
Speaker 12: This is going to be a compliment to you, okay.
Speaker 28: So I took my kids.
Speaker 5: My daughter at that time was in her early twenties, my son was a eleven year old, and you were at an event I can't remember the event, and.
Speaker 10: We stood on your book signing, were throwing it online to get the book signed, and you took the time with each one of my children and myself to speak to us to look directly in our.
Speaker 5: Eyes and engage. So I can see how people can interpret that as flirting, but it really to me came across as being very sincere.
Speaker 22: And my kids remember that to this day.
Speaker 1: They remember meeting you.
Speaker 2: So that's beautiful with your kids.
Speaker 5: She wasn't her twenty So.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So just talking to people and saying hi, and treating people like humans.
Speaker 3: So you gazed into his eyes and was like, Okay, how you doing trying.
Speaker 2: To connect with people? If you take the time to come to my book signing, purchase a book, and stand online, well, I wouldn't I have a moment with you?
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, I'm talking about the moment in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember this dude you're talking about. Hello, who's this? You got an incident with Charlotte? Flirty with you too?
Speaker 19: Nah?
Speaker 29: No, I'm just saying, like, I get what he I get what he's saying, though, it's almost like you gotta go out of your way, you know what I'm saying That Like, as far as you, if you just like talking to a gay person, nice to a gay person, because if you're too nice in that gatar go off and they feel like it's given.
Speaker 12: So you know, I'm kind.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't understand why I got to be given just because I was nicety.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sean Stone's up?
Speaker 20: Hey man, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Piece and blessing? You see what we're talking about this morning? You know, what's the difference between complimenting and flirty? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 20: I think a lot of times, man, it's not good to give compliments or anything like that because a lot of times people are gonna read it the wrong way. I'm pretty sure Charlotte Mane was just being nice nice to the caprule. But he took it like oh he started with me, and a lot of time take it wrong. Hey, j love you.
Speaker 3: I love you too.
Speaker 16: God.
Speaker 7: And for this man to be disappointed and he got a whole husband, you got a whole wife exactly disappointed because I'm married.
Speaker 1: Well maybe he thought maybe it would have been a great weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you was his long time crush. This man has been like talking about you for years, like yeah, like before I even thought, like many Tyler Ferry Movies', hey y'all, that is not a telebration leon, It's called cover.
Speaker 2: Cover, Yeah, we're not blowing out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they oh yeah, let me get it out that mad.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 2: That movie is so crazy.
Speaker 7: And then the funny part about that movie it ends I thought the dude was delivered, but it ends with him at the door talking about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guy, okay do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five five one o five one. So Charlomagne was flirting all over the weekend. So we're asking, how do you know the difference between someone complimenting and flirting. It's the breakfast Cloggan morning more than everybody's d J, M v J. Just hilarios, Charlomagne, the guy we are the breakfast club. Over the weekend, Charlomagne was in Atlanta, given honey.
Speaker 2: I was in Atlanta for my daughter's cheer competition, cheersport.
Speaker 3: He was low key giving it. He was low key giving that's right.
Speaker 1: So, uh just got a call over the weekend about Charlomagne.
Speaker 3: Given yes, yes, And my friend, you know, my friend really really like Charlemagne. You know, although he's married as well, you know, we don't know what marriage set up they have over there, and and he was very disturbed to follow that Charlemagne had a wife, and he thought that Charlage was giving him mixed signals because he was squinting and looking to his eyes.
Speaker 2: And I'm just old and can't see.
Speaker 1: But let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 2: Peace?
Speaker 19: Just for us, Peace, rods and everybody.
Speaker 2: Man, don't say grand rider, we're not biscuits.
Speaker 19: Well, grand beginnings, grand beginnings. Sorry, Pa herself without beloved.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're talking about Charlemagne, uh and what he did this weekend. You know, we're trying to figure the difference between complimenting somebody and somebody flirting.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts, bro?
Speaker 19: So I feel flirting flirting is you're at a different exchange of energy as far as when it comes with a woman is gonna acknowledge you, She's gonna give you that that mindful no, Like, yo, listen, I'm looking at you and I'm observing you, and this is what I want.
Speaker 18: But at the end of the day, if you don't read the signs, you don't read it.
Speaker 19: Like I said, like, it's an energy of change.
Speaker 18: If you don't accept that energy change that you ain't gonna find nothing else in that compliment is just I mean, it's just like, yo, you're looking good. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. I don't need your number, I don't need your Instagram, I don't need nothing. You just made me feel good about myself today.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 18: I mean, I don't have a problem saying your brother, there's some light sneakers, or how you knowing you got a beautiful smile or you know what I mean.
Speaker 29: Like I said, just keep it moving.
Speaker 12: I don't have to get to know you after that.
Speaker 1: So if a dude comeing to you say, yo, bro, you got a beautiful smile. That's not flirting.
Speaker 12: No, no, it's nothing.
Speaker 18: Because I'm very comfortable with who I am as a man. I mean, I'm a father at the end of the day.
Speaker 12: So if you feel that way, you feel you feel.
Speaker 18: Comfortable saying that to me, then that you will have a good soul in you.
Speaker 27: Bro.
Speaker 18: I mean, and I look at you and having a good soul at the end of the day. Because a lot of people can't get up and say that's great. But if you're comfortable with what you do, then you don't got to worry about being gay or not.
Speaker 17: Bro.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can tell a man he looks good.
Speaker 7: Like, brother, you look good because you know, like you see somebody and if they looking looking right.
Speaker 18: To you, I would I would I would love, I would love. I would love for old God for my son to look doctor. You look you would cut a doctor. Yo, man, that's your.
Speaker 20: Same clomping look.
Speaker 18: Don't look at it a little different way, are you? You're saying it in a different sets?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you question with your boyfriend right y'all out and about the dude coming to him, be like, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Now that that's not gonna be like, yo, what that's not like like, hey, you got a beautiful smile? The hey, the pause, then the you like no, first of all, that's how you don't bro don't ever hate you, my man, And then be like that you got a beautiful smile, don't hate.
Speaker 2: You, would hate you, hate you? You got a beautiful smile. That's gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when did you say you have a beautiful smile?
Speaker 2: All alright?
Speaker 3: So look let me ask you a question. So say you at the barber shop, right and you're sitting in a chair and your barber just finished lining up your face and everything, and then he and then you know, you get you look in the mirror. He give you the mayor for the financial product, and he's like, Yo, you got a beautiful smile, and what you gonna do?
Speaker 1: He locked his lips like that.
Speaker 3: No, he's just looking at you out of eye. Yo, you got a beautiful smile and feel funny.
Speaker 1: Right because I'm right because this crotch is usually now your.
Speaker 7: Arm when he's cutting in your face and in your face, you're overly gay in this like this, there's no reason to make this this gay like it was.
Speaker 2: Who's thinking like that? Like that's a gay brain, CROs who's thinking like that? You're right?
Speaker 3: If a man come up to you and be like, yo, you got a beautiful smile.
Speaker 1: How you feeling.
Speaker 2: That I complimented men on their teeth?
Speaker 7: Like, guys come up here and we're doing interviews, right, I like one to see brothers that have either want to get.
Speaker 2: The I like too taking care of them. Yeah, but I'm not like, oh you got a pretty mouth like yo, Now you got nice teeth like you.
Speaker 3: Got Yeah, you just sold five five of your phone and he has a nice mouth. Yeah, well you don't, okay, you got nice like his head. Kingsley play got a nice big head, nice big head.
Speaker 2: That story the moll.
Speaker 7: The story is your man was lying, okay, nobody was flirting with him. I said, hello, I don't remember being nice to him.
Speaker 3: He took it the wrong way. He took the wrong way. But you definitely it's something about you when you be walking up you know, you head on your boots.
Speaker 20: No he was not.
Speaker 3: He assault in his mouth because he be ass in his own mouth. Yeah, I don't know. Because Charlamanne got a little swag, you gotta say, him outside his chair and he be walking up Bosswagg and the guy turned around. He's, yeah, am, what's up are you doing?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 8: The head?
Speaker 2: I don't remember meeting this human? Oh yeah, sure from security, keep away from.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We got just with the mess coming up, Yes, yes we do.
Speaker 3: Y'all be coming up real quick with it. Somebody was robbed over the weekend. We'll get to it after this.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to it.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody. It's d J M V.
Speaker 1: Just Selary and Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 24: Is real.
Speaker 14: Just robber lord, just don't do you just is Gonna bring you numbers?
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 3: Who's that en the intro to say, just gonna bring you numbers?
Speaker 8: Who's it? Listen?
Speaker 2: Listen, listener. It sound like they was in the studio. It's sound like text us and tell us who that was that said just gonna bring you numbers?
Speaker 3: Well, until we find out who that is. Doja Cat blame the Energy drink for her Cardi B impression. So those Kid did an episode of Therapy Get Go with Loud Dresser and she spoke about the moment that she did an impression of Cardi B and received backlash for it.
Speaker 30: I like almost got into a beef because of Celsius. I blame the It's not me like I I So I was singing a song, this song, like I filmed myself doing the song in the crazy voice, and it was like my really bad impression of that person, and people took it super wrong. They like thought that I was like trying to like start cause drama and like issues when really I was just being a.
Speaker 3: Absolutely this is the impression.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she was watching Love on the Spectrum and she was making.
Speaker 7: She had said at the end of that audio I'm Gonna be canceled, nobody would have cared.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, because at the end of the audio she did say that watch I'm gonna be don't cancel me off. That she did it for, she did it on purpose. She's also done other impressions, so I think people just be so psyched out about how great and how well they can do impressions that they just don't care. Because she's also uh, did an impression of Scissa's Share, Arianna Grande, Beyonce and Britney Spear. She's actually really good at it. She actually ate that up. But the fact that I think probably why Cardi beat got upsets because a lot of people always joke about how bad like her English is and how she can't talk and all of her and Joss and this people have been making fun of their accents and how they talk forever. So uh but yeah, she was being a buttthole about it.
Speaker 2: But did that make it fun of how to Cardi talk to? Just like you making fun of her rap? Canens?
Speaker 1: I think both.
Speaker 2: Of that record, that particular.
Speaker 3: Record, Yeah, I think all of it, But that that energy may drink make you do that? Nah, she was lying. She always acting all dumb like on live you're just doing all types of people stuff like you know, the go viral. So she already knew what was was she big like she already that but she ate that up though, Uh, DJ Kelled's cousin cuts him off. So DJ called cousin Fadi Maselett spoke to the Neighborhood Talk and he explained that he had distanced himself from DJ Calif and not speaking on the genocide happening in Palestine.
Speaker 23: Drake is the most famous Jewish person on that.
Speaker 22: Number three Jehala, Yeah, I mean unfortunately, you know, everyone has their reasons, but there's no reasons. There's no excuse when you're actually a Palestinian, you know what I mean. And and for me, my mother lives there, you know what I mean. We're from the same village, same families, So like there's no excuse in right now in my heart and dedications everything with Philostein and I go there a lot, Like I said, my mother lives there. I do a lot of charity work with a lot of refugee camps there. I do a lot of fundraisers to raise money for us and all the all the refugees and outside of us in the West Bank.
Speaker 2: Does Kalin know that's his cousin?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Probably, So I hate that though.
Speaker 1: I hate that because it is your mission is not my mission because I don't understand, or maybe I don't know, or maybe I don't know in detail, or maybe I'm doing things that people don't know about, and I just don't want to say, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Agree with that last time that you said, maybe he is. Why do we know he's not doing anything just because he hadn't said it publicly or put it out there. But this isn't the first time that DJ Kalen has been criticized for saying, as DJ bladd actually talk to Charlemagne about this at the breakfast club now.
Speaker 23: Like the Jewish person on earth. Essentially Klin is the most famous Placinian in the world. But neither one of them has said anything about this at all. And people are saying, well, well, they're not politicians whatever, they influence hundreds of millions of people, which ultimately has an influence on the world, and you're not choosing to like to say anything.
Speaker 2: But why does he have to say anything him? Like why does why does him Mark Kalin have to say anything publicly.
Speaker 23: They don't have have to say anything, but I'm sayings, as representatives of these communities, their voices are powerful and they should say something.
Speaker 7: I don't know why people want them to speak out about these issues so bad, Like I don't know what they're doing, you know, behind the scenes. I don't know how they feel about these situations. But why do we have to hear it?
Speaker 3: Like what does it matter if they're not talking about us. Maybe they're talking about the Palestine, you know, the Palestinians and the people that they're from there. I mean, I guess you know, they this is a big group of people that I feel that they feel like they want to be supported by two of the mainstream like big speak.
Speaker 7: Doubt those people that are in Palestine are sitting around thinking when is KLi going to say something? No, They're trying to survive every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah what I'm saying. DJ Flat also said it's because both are so thirsty to maintain their relevance that they wouldn't dare risk insult in the segment of their fan base. So yeah, the reason why I said he's he talked to Charlemagne at the breakfast lug was was the only one who basically said what you just said, how do we know how do we know that they're nothing anything? How do we know that they're just you know? So that's that's why I said you. I'm pretty sure I asked the question, Jed. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Last story, DC Young Fly was robbed in l A. Yeah, DC Young Fly was apparently robbed at Hollywood Improv. He posted to his Instagram and said, I just want my bag back. I had some personal things and personal belongings in there. I was at the Hollywood Improv. And he also captioned, just to just politely find a way to get it back to me. I had personal things in there. I thought this story was important because man like la is very dangerous.
Speaker 2: When what you mean, like somebody came up to him with that thing out.
Speaker 6: They just.
Speaker 3: Still developing. So allegedly he was robbed at the Hollywood Improv. I doubt somebody walked the boy in DC.
Speaker 14: That's what.
Speaker 3: Somebody stole his bag off the back when he left his bag in the dressing room in Somebody more than like he took it because they know that he was just there. So that's that's also that's important. So I hope, hope, hopefully he got his his bag back. And then I also wanted to include that comedian Coco Brown. She lost her house in Georgia and she it caught fire and she and her twelve sons twelve son Well and her twelve son Pholix were able to make it twelve year old son. Okay, well, look this is from somebody that I know, Rob Stables in.
Speaker 1: In in Bronx.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, he is funny. She cannot right at all though, Jesus, I'm just trying to do my due dilling just man, all right, So comedian Coco Brown, Yeah, she lost the house in Georgia and her twelve year old son Phoenix were able to make it out safely, but the house is destroyed. They lost their clothes and everything and they're currently staying at a shelter until they get things back in orders, which is so so said, So if you can mention there the fund.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just he can't spell, y'all. I just told him I will say this because it's really sad seeing you know, somebody go through this, you know what I mean, Like got twelve in fact that she has a twelve year old You ain't.
Speaker 7: Got to say all that, Rob, I'm gonna donate to the go fund me. Don't tell me she got twelve kids and she don't have twelve.
Speaker 3: Wanted me to say that the May twelve son, how twelve sons Phoenix were able.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a twelve year old son.
Speaker 2: They didn't say that.
Speaker 3: That's what he meant.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 7: They got a goal of fifty grand for her. She's has forty thousand. I'm about to leave something on her.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I told him I don't even know her, but I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Comedian Coco Brown, y'all. I have heard of her before and she's well known and Georgia.
Speaker 2: Ya oh go fund me.
Speaker 1: She ain't no no go fund me.
Speaker 2: I am about to say no.
Speaker 3: I always I always want to do those people get all their money because I know gofund me has to cut into it.
Speaker 1: Coed Coke Brown, but youday, Yeah, stories on TMC too if you want to read more about it. They got pictures.
Speaker 2: Very sad.
Speaker 1: That right now. All right, well that is just with the mess.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jess, thank you and don't send me no more dms about sad stories and those stories.
Speaker 1: If y'all can't type, y'all all right when we come back, we got the People's Choice Mix.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning everybody. It's TJ M V Jess Hilariy Charlaman the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month. What we do will be that.
Speaker 7: Listen man, you know, every uh every every day during Black History Month, beat Dot puts out a podcast called I Didn't Know Maybe you didn't either on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network. And today he is going to tell you a story that you may not have known about, an event that I'm folding on forty second Street and Fifth Avenue in.
Speaker 2: New York City back during the Civil War. Take it away be that.
Speaker 9: One of the largest amounts of CASHU, which is during the Civil War, didn't happen on the battlefield, but in New York City at an orphanage. Forty second Street and Fifth Avenue in New York City was the location. It's now Midtown Manhattan. There was a black orphanage and during the Civil War, the North needed more soldiers, so they had a draft in New York City. See, white folks could pay to dodge the draft. Remember, black folks weren't even citizens, so they couldn't be drafted. So it were just the working class white men available for the draft. And those white men were angry. They were so angry at black folks that they went on another one of them good old white killing sprees.
Speaker 2: Were just being black was a death sentence. Massacres.
Speaker 9: Monday this season is dedicated to those varia atrocities. Then white folks went in the city and killed one hundred and twenty black men, women and children, just unlo ofed them. Then went to the colored orphans Asylumn broke in with bats and pickaxes, burnt it to the ground. Like Andre Rodsen's house in the nineties, all of the children escaped, none died. Any of them fled the Black Whales Island what is now Roosevelt Island in New York. Most of the other black folks in that now Midtown Manhattan area fled to Harlem or Brooklyn, and the demographics still show those numbers today. On our commuter school in the morning, my eleven year old daughter and I, after completing our affirmations, we just have conversations about everything from integrity, to civil rights to enslavement periods.
Speaker 2: And she asked me one morning.
Speaker 30: She said that when the KKK started beating up the black people, what will happen to the kids.
Speaker 9: And I looked in the rearview mirror and we locked eyes, and I told my eleven year old baby girl, the Klan would beat up the kids too, running and she said, and they would kill the kids too. I said, yes, baby, those racist white clansmen would kill the black kids too, and I could see the innocence leave her eyes. One hundred and twenty black men, women, and children were killed that summer day, July thirteenth, eighteen sixty three. Two thousand people were injured.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 1: I will salute to be do yes. Indeed, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ.
Speaker 1: Envy Jesse, Larry Schalla mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again, salute to everybody. I was all over this, all over the place this weekend. I was in Atlanta for Tycoon, then Indiana for the All Star. Then I went to spoke at the commencement at Lincoln Tech. Salute to all of Lincoln Tech students. Shout to Marri's College. I went there for their event and their game. Salutes everybody that goes to Mary's College. At D one School and Poughkeepsie. I was in Norfolk for their R and B show. So I just want to say salutes everybody that I ran into over the weekend. I appreciate you guys had a great weekend. Now, Jess what do you do this weekend? I know you got your cryp together.
Speaker 3: Yesday, I'm my crib together. But I'm also preparing for my birthday party, which is Mark's second. Y'all surrounding ciaa weekend and Baltimore that's Saturday, right, yup. That is mark second set today, March second. It's called Opulence two point oh. It's the big birthday bash, and it's called the whole thing is crowned the Queen because I officially am the third host, yo. So because Baltimore was very mad at me at that premature announcement. So so now that y'all see me up here in it's baby shot with you. Yeah, now y'all gotta crown me period. So that's also so we're gonna be celebrating me Saturday, March second. The party is from eight to twelve because we're not doing ten to two. I'm not gonna be out there partying like that and I'm not able to drink, So eight to twelve. You can get your tickets at still Sensational events dot com. Click the link in my bio and I'm hit up Dave Kowser for a VIP sections.
Speaker 2: Salut to Dave.
Speaker 3: Thank you. The party will be at the Baltimore Peninsula and yes there is parking available. That's twenty four to fifty five House Street.
Speaker 7: And you know, we was gonna do the Breakfast Club Day party at CI doublea weekend with Jess what you know. When we was playing around like we didn't know what was gonna happen, Dave was like, FDM, we don't rock whole Baltimore cut us off period. We wasn't good in Baltimore, do you know what I mean? They put us back on.
Speaker 2: No, No, absolutely no, we wasn't good in Baltimore, you know.
Speaker 7: So we all had to play the role. I'm sorry, but I'm glad that y'all was still able to do something.
Speaker 3: Absolutely and that's something is Saturday, March seconds, so get your tickets. There you go, all right, Well you got a positive no shout of mine.
Speaker 2: Yes I do man. And it's all about boundaries.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: We talked about boundaries during Donkey of the day. To not be afraid to set boundaries ever. Okay, and always remember when it comes to boundaries, if someone gets upset throws a fit because you set boundaries, it's just more evidence the boundary was needed.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, breakfast, club, y'll finish or y'all done.