Speaker 1: With every cadre's what's the trick in like AA and detox and rehab, Like, what's the trick when they tell you to like avoid temptation, do they give you like little tips like hey, when your friends drink around you, don't do this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Or no, I mean, for the most part they told me, I mean to to.
Speaker 3: It's a theory that you use called go towards the roar, which pretty much means like, you know.
Speaker 4: Towards your what go towards the roar, the roar, the roar.
Speaker 2: Like when the lion roar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, It's like you know, when lions hung gazelles, one of them a roar, and the gazelles are run the opposite way and it's a pack of lines waiting on them. So they tell you go towards the rarer. You want to be around drinking. You want to be around all the things that you was around, because if you try to avoid it and run from it so much, by the time you get you probably get around it.
Speaker 2: It's probably what's going to cause you to relft.
Speaker 3: But if you especially when you're fresh and you first coming out, so being around people drinking and you know, doing whatever they want to do. After a while, you just get used to it, so didn't You never want to make people uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be the sober guy, and people like I don't want to do nothing wrong, you know, I want people to be themself.
Speaker 4: You know, right right interesting go towards the roar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 3: And it worked too, because now you know, the first day I got out of rehab, I had to play a show at Arizona State.
Speaker 4: That's rough. That's rough. Were you like shaking? Were you like fucking did you have the dts and like that?
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: It was just I was just so nervous because I was so used to relying on alcohol to do the shows.
Speaker 2: To be up.
Speaker 4: There, it was like it comes a crutch.
Speaker 2: I still got thirty minutes left, like, yeah, oh my god when this in. And the first place we went to go eat, they ain't had no table boys.
Speaker 3: I had to sit at the bar, go towards the rary.
Speaker 4: Really like they really tested your metal first day out.
Speaker 3: Literally the first day I got out.
Speaker 4: To go to rehab in Florida or California.
Speaker 2: I'm in Philadelphia. I mean it's Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: Oh you were like in the woods, Karen, where there are they're like rappers in there and Ship I was the only one.
Speaker 2: I think I was the first rapper to ever go there.
Speaker 4: Oh really it was a bunch of like businessman and Ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and there's a lot of kids, so I was getting noticed all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh shure, yeah, you're taking selfies.
Speaker 2: I mean no, he couldn't do We couldn't. We couldn't have a pone.
Speaker 4: We Oh Ship my friend did.
Speaker 5: He was addicted to percocet and he did rehab in Florida, and he said the first day rehabs the best when you're.
Speaker 4: On pills because they give you all the pills. They don't want you to go through withdrawal.
Speaker 2: And yeah, die.
Speaker 5: You know, if you're addicted to xanex or something, you could seizure, and if you're addicted to opiates, you could get you know, withdraws.
Speaker 3: Showed up drunk, I was, I can't drunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is detox? I think detox you from alcohol.
Speaker 2: It's just I mean, see I was.
Speaker 3: I mean I actually was lucky because I didn't have like withdrawal syndromes and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's mostly for people that drink beer because they drink beer all day every day. And me, I was just, you know, I drink a lot of liquor, but it wasn't like I drink.
Speaker 2: I fifth of liquor every day. You know.
Speaker 3: It's probably like by the time I was going in probably like every two days, every three days. But detox is pretty much just like being in the hospital. You just layd in the hospital bed watching murder shows. They're checking on you every thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Are they giving you medicine so that you don't have like a withdrawal kind of something or no.
Speaker 3: Just I'm saying I got lucky. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms or nothing like that, so they didn't have to. They just put me on like an anxiety medication because I was just you know, I still was in there for weed too, and.
Speaker 2: We was like my anxiety go to.
Speaker 3: So they wanted to give me something, but I didn't need, you know, like stuff for alcohol stuff.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't have no messed up kidney, a liver or nothing like that.
Speaker 4: So SHIP so they did blood work on you and your health and all that.
Speaker 2: SHIP they go up in your asshole they got. I was in there, nervous, like man, all type of shit.
Speaker 5: There was people in there like fucked up, like some people that were definitely alcohol definitely maybe like life or alcoholics in there and like like you know.
Speaker 3: Because they say, you just can't stop alcohol, just cold turkey, you might die. You know, certain people they've been drinking like that for such a period long period of time. But I, like I said, I think for the most part of the people that drink a lot of beer, Like you got to think of a person that wake up and they can't get out the they can't get out of bed until they get a beer. Them type of mothers like that was the ones that was really like you can see them going through it.
Speaker 2: And they would be on these tapers.
Speaker 3: They called it taper medication, so they would have to go to get tapers like we all had like medical, go get medications and ship.
Speaker 2: But I ain't get.
Speaker 4: Tapers so that they could wean off of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what my perkosept friend said. He was like, they give you all the pills at the front. I was he he was in there for thirty days and he goes and you get like less and less pills each day or whatever.
Speaker 4: But he goes, but a lot of guys they're so addicted.
Speaker 5: They're like they're like hiding the pills in like the corner of their mouth, and they're trying to like they're trying to hide the pills from the whatever, the nurses, I guess. And he said, like it's robbing Peter to pay Paul because you you're only stealing pills from yourself.
Speaker 3: They're trying to wor what they do is they trying to get enough so they can take a lot at one time, because they're only giving you just enough to not really be hiding like that. But if you saved a few of them, you know what I'm saying, you problem all at one time, you'd be like, oh, it's lit
Speaker 1: All with a recadre