Speaker 1: Welcome to Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 2: It's the show that she is the secrets of success experience firsthand by marketing and Brandon expert Rashan McDonald. I will know he's giving me advice on many occasions. And in case you didn't notice, I'm not broke. You know he'll be interviewing celebrity CEOs, entrepreneurs and industry decision make because it's what he likes to do, it's what he likes to share. Now it's time to hear from my man, Rashan McDonald money Making Conversations.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm Rashan McDonald. I host this show money Making Conversation Masterclass.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 3: The interviews and information on this show is your show. It's your information. It's time to start reading other people's success stories and start living your own. My guest today longtime friend Thomas Miles. He is the host of Owns, Ready for Love, Executive Duke bubble Ball, Will Packer, Own Popper Love and Relationship Dainty show Ready to Up. Come on That Yeah, returned to eighteen hopeful singles, Looking for Love and Big d Dallas texts Now on the show today. I also gonna interview Nephew Thomas from the popular Steve Harvey Morning Shows, also Thomass.
Speaker 1: My guess today boy.
Speaker 3: He covers the gamut celebrity, TV host, radio host, stand up comedian, philanthropists, entrepreneur and family man. Please welcome to Money Making Conversation Master Class.
Speaker 1: Owns hosts for Love. Thomas Miles.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Thomas, I'm good, I'm good. Thank you for signing man. Good to see you, man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you taking the time to come on the show. Man, and uh, you know, I, like I said ninety two, I met you inspired Willian Thomas Mile, then you blew up on the Steve Hart Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Nephew Thomas. Now to I get to introduce you as Thomas Miles. Let's full How does that f full circle?
Speaker 5: It feels good, Man, been around the block with it. You know, you start out as Thomas Miles, and you jumped into nephew Tommy, which is actually what what got me to this platau, and then you know, now maybe to actually go back to my name Thomas Miles. So it makes a full circle. But I think I think Nephew tom me, I don't slight him at all. He's got us to the to the point that we're able to get back to the name Thomas Miles and get more established. And but you know it took that going around the block, going around the world to get back to it.
Speaker 3: Well you know, you know, going around the world tour with Luther Vandros Thomas Miles.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know when you're doing Sister and Sister with me back in the day, Thomas, Okay.
Speaker 3: Park building Parker to act like you know, Nephew tom me, it just did everything Thomas Miles was building something.
Speaker 1: Nephew told me.
Speaker 3: It was just that that that that that that that that that hook that wrought you to as they say, create longevity in this business. That's really key Man to enable to host the show. That Will Packard, that's our friend, both our friends. Man, damn you spotted at you your brand own the Steve Harvey Morning Show. How did that happen and why did you feel you could actually host the show like this?
Speaker 5: You know what, Man, Will gave me a call Rushan, And you know, people in Hollywood always say, you know what, you know, we're gonna work together.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do something soon or later.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do something people in Hollywood always say that, so I you know, when you're here, you're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been hearing this or I've been hearing this ever since I got to Hollywood. But Will Packer called me and said, uh he sent me a text first and showed me that he was had a couple of shows that was getting ready to blow up out of out of own network. And I was texting him back saying, hey, man, congratulations to you, brother, and he was like, no, no, no, no, just ready to love show. I want you to I want you to host this show and Rustani immediately immediately, I'm thinking, hey man, I ain't got no time for your prank phone call. Okay, I'm the one to do the pranks. You don't do the pranks. I do the pranks.
Speaker 4: So man, He's like, no time. This is perfect for you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You and your wife been together forever. You're the great person that.
Speaker 5: Can get in here and give people your your great advice on being married. I was like, okay, okay, new time, man. We look up later. Here we are.
Speaker 4: I'm one hundred plus episodes in brother, that's the blessing.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you know, you know we grew up on love connection, you know right right, the dating game, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, newly weeded game and all that they got all those other shows out there.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna mention the other shows out there.
Speaker 3: Everybody got they have naked, they look they don't have a job, Thomas, they got time to just take off because they ain't got nothing to take off from.
Speaker 1: Now ready to love these some grown people. Brother, as they were saying, my.
Speaker 3: Lane, tie on the tread on the tie, but Fred could tread though. Talk about the difference and the people in this show. Let's start breaking it down because I got the list of all the names on the show, so we won't talk about them a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you know what the difference is, man, let me let me, let me clarify.
Speaker 4: The difference between these other shows and mister Shriver.
Speaker 5: John is because you know, you got when you hear something, and this is not knocking them something. These are great shows. When you hear Bachelor and you hear Bachelorette. When you hear all of that, you're talking about people that are in their twenties. Life is just now getting started. They have not been through any ups and downs. Yet Ready to Love is different. This is the real deal. These people are thirties, forties, some people are in their fifties. Some people are divorced, some people got kids. Some people career driven, never took time for love. You know, you got some boss ladies, you got some men that are entrepreneurs that are doing their thing, but the one thing they miss it is love.
Speaker 3: Well, it's really important that you say that, because, like I said, I'm looking at aries. You know, software sales manager, okay, lead health and wellness coach. You know you got a TV and film producer, you got ah, we got a comedian on that, James Red Now, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I comedian coming on Ready to Love or that's funny by itself, right absolutely.
Speaker 3: But you know the thing about it, I know it's popular because they said in twenty twenty two, Ready to Love has been Friday Night's number one original cable series American African American women.
Speaker 1: What has that done to your brand?
Speaker 4: The show man?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something, Rachelle, this thing has now uh turned into uh men and and their their spouses that you know, the couples are sitting down watching Ready to Love Friday Nights. I'm getting I'm getting texts, I'm getting people hit me in my uh on social media, how this is their big night, this is their.
Speaker 4: Big date night.
Speaker 5: This has blown up to be that there's there's a lot of ladies who get together saying, you know, this is our this is our TV night on Friday nights.
Speaker 4: We get together.
Speaker 5: And the big thing is Rashan is they're trying to pick out who they think to be, who they gonna they're gonna connect together. I want them to get together, right, I want them to get together and listen, list goes on and on. Man, So it's become this great date night for a lot of people, and you know it's it's become number one on the old network.
Speaker 3: Okay, now let's let's talk about the show here because a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I want people to get engaged with the show.
Speaker 3: I know I watched the show in the beginning to kick off one girl and begetting kick off one guy and to get it break down everybody how this show actually works and because we don't because you know, a lot of lots of some of these shows are insensitive, and I don't think I don't think this is definitely not one of those shows. Because It's about really hoping that the people come on the show really become a couple really fine, right, love, that's really the number one goal. And we know, and we know as African Americans anybody as you get older, the options to find that mate. Oh yes, unless okay, how does Ready to Love work?
Speaker 1: What is the formatt and how do you.
Speaker 4: Let me show you? Right here?
Speaker 5: Take your time here, ready, here's Already to Love works. You when you started off, you said eighteen singles. So let me let's go back a little bit. When we first started this. We started out with twenty singles, ten men, ten women, all right, and this is what this is is it's a process of elimination. One week, the women eliminate the men, the next week, men eliminating women, and it dwindles down till by the end of ten eleven weeks, we are now down to six people, three couples who have hopefully found love. That's it. So there is no that's the prize. The prize is loved. There's no million dollars, no trip around the world. The prize is love that you found it for three couples. Now you read just a second ago, you said eighteen singles, so what we're doing Roushan is we're throwing curveballs.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: We started with nine men, nine men and nine women, eighteen eighteen people. So two weeks later, I throw a curveball in and bring in a lady and bring in a guy. So now we really are at the twenty. I'm just not giving it to you all at one time. Oh oh okay, okay, okay, Gods, so.
Speaker 4: You gotta switch it up a little bit.
Speaker 5: So because people have been watching the show, you know, so when you get new casts, remember they like, oh, I know what's gonna happen here. I know what's gonna happen here. Oh no, you don't. We're finn change all this thing up. We're gonna give it to you little by little.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not trying to give away the show, but there are always people who become your favorite or you know, you know people who either either nut got personality or you really because your shirt people, you know, you go that that person ain't ever gonna find love. But the show, we're gonna ride with it. Any any favorites on the show that we can, we can we can kind of follow, not saying that you you point to who gonna actually make love or get to the love portion. But talk about the guests of the individual talenteds on the show.
Speaker 5: Man, you got you got so many moves? Do you see the one on now that is the she's a stylist.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Sierra, she's thirty three Sierra.
Speaker 5: Now, Sierra is a favorite of mine, Rashan, because she funny, is all good, Rashana. If we wanted her to open up and do fifteen minutes, she'll go out there and kill it, I promise. So she's a favorite. She's the one that you really want, you want to see her fine love, but she's so she's so real, she's so natural and she's not she's not playing with the with with with what's going on. She really wants to find love, but she refuses to fake it. She wants you to know exactly who she is. So she's my favorite on this season for Dallas.
Speaker 1: Man right now. What on the guy side, we got okay?
Speaker 4: On the guy Herbert, you got.
Speaker 3: Jack and James and Marvin and Peel and Travis and ma and Maria Maria.
Speaker 4: Marier Marier Molray.
Speaker 5: Now, I like Maray Now listen now Marvin Marvin scares me Sean. Okay, the one name Marvin, because Marvin he writes these erotic books and he's into these this he's into these whips and he's in the whips and chains.
Speaker 1: And that the one of the promo talking about dominating.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, and and the girl looks at him like, huh did.
Speaker 5: You say he got a whole He got a whole dungeon at his house. I don't even want to go over there.
Speaker 1: This is real. This is real, this is real.
Speaker 4: You can't write this. And he writes he also he writes erotic books. He's a he's a he's a he's a he's a he's a novelist, he's an author.
Speaker 5: So so, but Marier is the more is the guy that's a man's man.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: He does a lot in the community, you know, very philanthropic. So you know those are my favorite. If it comes to God, Marier for the female will be Sierra.
Speaker 3: Right right, So as you as you go through this show, what is the show done for you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Because I know I know you know you you launched your career as a comedian, okay, right, and then you start, you know, we're trying to get these little nuggets and acting and.
Speaker 1: All these things.
Speaker 3: And Steve Harvey morning, the show made you a prison, especially with the pranks. Now I see a different a different style of you. And how are you? How is that with your social media? How are people reacting?
Speaker 1: Dude? Are they looking for love advice from you?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Are you a love shine?
Speaker 4: I have become.
Speaker 5: I have become the love doctor that people are. People are calling wanting information even here, and uh, you know, I'm still in you know, uh home is always Houston, Texas for me and you both.
Speaker 4: So what's up? I got?
Speaker 5: I've had couples in my neighborhood Rushan Wow calling calling saying, hey, can you come sit down and talk to me and my husband?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: And I was like, it has and it's gotten to this and people have people now given me this new hat to wear that I'm this guy that can actually just come in and sit down and have a conversation with.
Speaker 4: You and maybe get you and your relationship back on track.
Speaker 5: Had no earthly idea that my life would evolve to this, no earthly idea, but it's there. You know, there's people from all over there saying, hey, we got to sit down and talk to Tommy I want to talk to Tommy. I want to get some advice from Tommy. So it's changed, Rashan, it really has.
Speaker 6: Man, don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass, hosted by Rashaan McDonald.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know me, why y'all? Okay, ready to festival?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay, So we got to talk out there on this one.
Speaker 4: I go, I got it. I'm ahead of you, trust me, dude.
Speaker 1: All these bron folks ain't got no place to go. Come on that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think we can put them someplace for three days. I think you and I and we'll packer. Now we can't leave up on will packer made of a big.
Speaker 1: Box office.
Speaker 4: I came up.
Speaker 5: I came up with Love Fest twenty twenty four. And it's just that it's that, it's that love is whether you and whether you couples or whether you singles. We got that. We got that getaway island for you to go to. We're gonna have concerts every night. We're gonna have this, this and that, but you're gonna have a good time. But it's love Fest, love Fest twenty twenty four, and then and it just goes on and on, twenty twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Hey, yes, sir, these black people ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 3: You got the number one This is ready to Love now Friday yepes number one Original single series cable series African.
Speaker 1: American Women, and we all know once you get the women, you win it. Eighteen plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah all we usuid we said twenty or two because show just came on.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be twenty two three two. I'm predicting it's gonna be twenty twenty three two.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, now let's shift gears here, Thomas Miles, I'm tired of talking to you.
Speaker 1: Talk to nephew.
Speaker 4: Nephew. Yeah, that's a different guy.
Speaker 3: Give everybody the backstore how that character was created, man, and how it got started man and evolved and it just just just get't let everybody know, man.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what you guys don't know, let me let me break it off for you is is uh I was. I would always come to Hollywood. I come to Hollywood. Every time I come to Hollywood. I'm calling Rouseeawan McDonald. Okay, So man, I'm in town. How long are you here? Telling by a week? But I can't get you nothing no week. So but Roushine would do the best he could.
Speaker 4: He would give me.
Speaker 5: H He got me on The Parkers, got me on Sister's Sister. Every time I come in guest starring role on these sitcoms, I would come in there and get it.
Speaker 4: And then on one.
Speaker 5: Particular time, Uh, I come in town and I just got on hiatus.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 5: We're on hiatus with me opening for Luther Vandraws, and Luther says, hey, we gonna be We're gonna be off about six months and then we're gonna be back out on the road. I'm gonna go write a new album and then I'm we'll be right back out. I'm like, okay, So I'm gonna go to Hollywood and hang out with my acting buddies. And you know that's when you're sleeping in one apartment six people. You know, everything in the refrigerator got a sticky on it. Don't touch my stuff. So so I called Rushine again, Hey, I'm in town. How long you here? By here I'm here bout six months? And we said, okay, we work with six months you got six months. We might, we might, we might be in there. You come in here for four a's. I can't get you nothing before the eight. And he says, once you come up here and hang out with Steve on the radio and talk smack like y'all do. And I'm like, eh, okay, uh what time? He say, five by five? Get it about five five thirty. I was like, I said, yeah, I'll I'll eat dinner early. No no, no, no, no, no, no no no, I ain't talking. I ain't talking about any I'm coming out in the morning. I'm like, in the morning. What So I get up, go to the radio station and jump on there with Steve, and I think we do it Rotsurn. I think we do it about two three weeks and it is a hit yesterday. Los Angeles loves it and it's the birth of Uncle and Neph and it just goes completely crazy. And man, let me tell you something. What's the blessing of this roots Stane is? I told you said, I told you. I said, hey, man, I can do this. I can play with y'all on this radio. Boy, I can't be playing with y'all. When Luther called me, When Luther called me, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: I can't be fooling with y'all.
Speaker 5: And the blessing of it all, the blessing of it all, man, is that you know. Unfortunately we never went back out. Luther passed away. So it's like it's like, man, God gave me a job before he before I even knew I needed one, And here here I am, twenty plus years later, still on the radio.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 3: And that's that's a that's an amasi. I'll tell you some man, the two things have to happen. You gotta have talent, you gotta have accept the blessing with God is point you in that direction. A lot of people don't see that because they just see work.
Speaker 1: Because you saw because he's telling the truth.
Speaker 3: When I said five five thirty, he really thought it was afternoon, you know, and a lot of people go mass too early. I'm not a I'm not a morning person, you know. But he just went, Man, let's do this. And we used to have Thomas go to go to He would always come in the studio. We tell her, hey, man, go over to the L A. F. The street was in Los Angeles, go over to Christmpy Kreme on Krin Sharp remember.
Speaker 1: Because he had to always act like he did. He forgot to come to work. That was his character. He forgot to come to work. Oh oh I'm sick, he would always.
Speaker 3: And then the time for New Year's Eve, when you took over his house, the city city went crazy.
Speaker 5: And I don't think people, I don't think people realized what I was in the street before you brought me into the studio.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: In the winter, it was there was some cold times, man, and we wasn't kicking out, no real money.
Speaker 1: But he said he sold you know something, man, I believe in this, you know.
Speaker 3: And and the reason I bring up their story because everybody wants a check nowadays.
Speaker 1: Everybody want I'm gonna get paid. They don't see the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Put the work in. Go put the work in.
Speaker 3: If you looked at other ways, say hey, man, anybody paying me? No, I ain't gonna do all that craziness, we wouldn't be talking today.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't be talking to Thomas Miles.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 5: And let me and let me say this to your to your audience, man, is is when we first started doing these prank calls right, and and and and and you know, I did a couple of it, and they went, well, mister Rusim McDonald comes in and say, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna need five every week. I need five. I was like, I was like, now you're not man, people hanging up on me. I don't care. I need five.
Speaker 5: So every week I was like, oh my god, he wants this spy. I was so mad about that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why does he.
Speaker 4: Want he won't I want five every week? I need one for every day of the week for money through. I don't need five, man.
Speaker 5: I look back now, I got over three hundred plus prank calls. It is a library that is just amazing because now you know, everyone knows my voice. But but the time that you was making me grind and do it is the time that I was accumulating all of that library that you It had no earthly idea that I'll be able to look back and say.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I got a gold mine. Yes, I got a gold mine, you know.
Speaker 3: But then as we as we drift through this conversation, I got to go back to the philanthropy side of you. I remember early on when when you was going over during the during the comedy shows. You remember, I think he was on Air Force two, not Air Force one, Air Force two, you know, flying over there with the generals, and man, we we didn't see that, Tommy, you know, but now that's that's part of your your brand. Talk about that.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 5: So so you know, you guys allowed me to go over and perform for the troops manu Uso tour. I think the first one I was with. I was with Robert or Minka Kelly uh uh Jordan Sparks who won American Idol, and.
Speaker 4: We go over. Yeah, we go over there and perform for the troops.
Speaker 5: And you know, we would we would go to hospitals and and and different places and visit, uh, all these guys in the military. But one guy had just had surgery, had his legs, had his legs blown off, and he was just waking up while we were in the room. And man, we're standing around and while he's coming to and we start taking pictures with him. Man, and he says, he says, hey, I'd like to I'd like to keep taking pictures with y'all, but I got to get back to my men. He hasn't realized what's happened. And man, we said, now we me Robert or Jordan's spark. We man, we are in tears, we crying. And when we came out of that room, I asked one of the soldiers, I say, hey, man, what happens to these soldiers when they get back home? I said, what do we take care of these guys? They say, yeah, it's a it's a system you gotta go through, you know. But I say, but what about the right now?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: And he said, well, you know, that's always the struggle.
Speaker 5: So man, when I came back home, I said, now I've found something that I'm passionate about.
Speaker 4: And that's where I came up with Miles of Giving.
Speaker 5: And my thing was, I want to be able to give back to people right now. So whether it's a thousand or fifteen hundred dollars, you'll be surprised what that does to a soldier immediately or what they're going through.
Speaker 4: And that's what Miles of Good Giving stands on. Man, we are about right now.
Speaker 5: Finish. We don't have to send our money. It ain't got to get approved by nobody. I'm gonna send this man two thousand dollars. I'm gonna send this lady, three thousand dollars. We are the Right Now Foundation. That's who we are, Miles to.
Speaker 3: Give right now because man, you know we say thank you for your service. Time is what service needs to be more than to thank you, you know, excut And that's that's important. And I just love the way and that's see the beauty of that. That's Thomas Miles and nephew.
Speaker 1: Thomas right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir see, that's that's a combined blessing of this boy's talent. And I said boy in a very affectionate way because I've known him so long, and uh, in the neighborhood, you can call this there's my boy. And everybody said, oh, that's cool, it's good, you know, but I know that when I'm talking to you, Thomas, you know, ready to love. You know, this is the show. This is a show that's changed your life, but another show that you did. All know if you're still.
Speaker 5: Doing you're still doing the Black the Black College quit, Yes, Black Collage quit.
Speaker 1: You're still doing that.
Speaker 5: We're coming up this fall with shooting the new season.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Okay, you get worse than Steve.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on, y'all, hold on, let me start counting out.
Speaker 1: Ready to Love number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eighteen women, eighteen plus black women, Steve Harry morning the show.
Speaker 1: Tell me when I stopped, when I got it, when I went, I of.
Speaker 3: Fingers, okay, black college quids, okay, stand up comedian okay, you know the actor.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, man, My one hand is feeled right now to fall.
Speaker 3: And then then then he got the library over there, a pray phone girl said, that's a six job.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just that's mail box money. That's mail box money. Then he Philanchbor, a family man.
Speaker 4: All that and a family man at the same time.
Speaker 1: How is all this happening? Now?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 3: Where are you at now? Where's the future for Thomas Bowles?
Speaker 5: I think I'm in a I think I'm in a better place now, rashwan, a good place where it's now. It's about what I want to do? What I want to do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What do I want to show people that they haven't seen about me yet?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What what talent do I want to pull out and and and show you? So you know, just recently I shot a movie on on Lifetime with Stephanie Mills called Pride, which is under the umbrella of Bishop TD Jakes and Derek Williams. So now people are starting to see that other side of Thomas Miles that oh my god, the boy.
Speaker 4: Can the boy can act, he can go right.
Speaker 5: So so so now you're getting those phone calls we would love you to come, uh do this role or do that role. So I think that's the next platform is trying to do that more on a consistent basis.
Speaker 3: Well, the next platform is to start in your own sitcom or lead your own drama. Because you got the town. You know, that's what you went to Texas A and M for. Okay, exactly exactly one wait, none of that degree at Texa A and M.
Speaker 1: Brow. Let's gonna put out that new I'm gonna make a man sharing love with the with the new.
Speaker 3: Hey man, thank you for taking the time to come on the show, not only talk about the number one showing on every Friday. African American Women eighteen to plus the twenty twenty two is back on. Now you can hear him every five days a week on Steve brod Morning Show as nephew Thomas. We all know him back from Houston, Texas as Thomas Miles. Thank your brother for coming on Money Making Conversation Masterclass.
Speaker 5: Thank you sir, Thank you for having me man five I need five every week.
Speaker 4: Five fye job that.
Speaker 1: What you talking about? Five by job fie job.
Speaker 6: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight to fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts