Speaker 1: How do I consistently be who I was when I was at the top of my game instead of allowing the game to adjust to where we are today. Child Travis Kelsey was yelling at the coach man, It's like.
Speaker 2: A really genuine, unconditional love and relationship I.
Speaker 3: Think everybody should have that. They sound about the same, Ela, Oh yeah, they sound.
Speaker 4: About this, NA.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of the Woman Evolved podcast. We are seven episodes in to our relationship with the Black Effect Network, and I am enjoying the feedback that we are getting from so many of you. It seems like this new format is truly resonating, and for that, I say thank you, Thank you all, Thank you all, and thank you to Charlemagne and the incredible team that has made sure that we have this opportunity.
Speaker 3: It truly means the world to me.
Speaker 1: On the high key, I really feel like I'm coming down with a little bit of something, So y'all be in prayer for the kid. Hey, has anyone else noticed that these new colds are not like regular colds? Like there is a special, a special bacteria lingering on these colds and I needed to get up off of me and leave me alone. I was just ill during I'm So Classy Ill. I was just ill during the Christmas holiday. And usually the antibodies they be doing more than this, but it's seeming like they're not trying to do the right thing. And other updates. Let me see Power Moves the book tour. I just announced that last week I will be going on the road with the book that comes out April thirtieth. My book is called Power Moves, Ignite Your Confidence and Become a Force. We are going to be in five cities. Technically we're gonna be in six, but it's a surprise pop up city, so I'm not going to say which one that it is. But we're going to be and this is in no particular order, so y'all, y'all hold me to this, but we're going to be in Sugarland, Texas, which is very close to Houston. We are going to be in the DMV area, that's DC Maryland Virginia area. We are going to be in Chicago. We are coming to Brooklyn, New York. I will be there on April thirtieth when my book actually drops. And we are going to be in Shytown, baby. So if you are in any of those areas, or you feel like taking a little summer trip in the spring, I highly encourage you to come out. I don't know if you have ever been to a book tour stop from any other authors, but I'm really excited about this because God's given me an idea that's definitely going to stretch me. It's going to be new, but I have to be obedient to what God's telling me to do with this tour. For this tour, we're going to cycle through three different stages.
Speaker 3: Of the way that Power moves.
Speaker 1: It's going to be interactive, We're going to have special guests, and then we're going to close it out with connection in the presence of God, because we know that we cannot expect to have power unless we are connected to the all Powerful. So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Next week, I am going to respond to so many of your questions. We have been getting many of them and it's getting too hard to keep up. But for now, we're just going to do one this week. But I am telling you, if you have questions, send them to me. I'm not overwhelmed podcast at womanevolve dot com, but I do want to take the time to just kind of cycle through a few of them. So I will do that next week, and I will try to not make my answers long winded because I just get to talk, and I think because I'm introverted. When I start speaking out loud, the words just come out like vomit. So y'all speed through them, don't worry about me. Let's get into this week's question.
Speaker 3: You are going to.
Speaker 1: Really really enjoy this one, mostly because it's probably one of the questions that I get asked the most in which people want to know, child, how do you do it?
Speaker 4: Hi, Pastor Sarah, my name is Latasha Duffy. My question to you is how do you balance being an entrepreneur and a mom and also trying to keep Christ first. Sometimes being an entrepreneur, it could be very stressful, and I deal with a lot of anxiety, and so I'm just wondering how do you balance and handle it all.
Speaker 1: I find it difficult to answer the question about how do you balance it all keeping Christ in the front of everything that you do while also dealing with anxiety and stress and just life moving at warp speed.
Speaker 3: The reality is some days.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I am balancing it all very well. And then there are other days where I realized that because I'm at a place of peace, that there is no balancing act involved. But I'm going to share with you a few things that have been helpful for me, and it is honestly why I wrote the book Power Moves. When you talk about balancing it all, there are some days where I am posting the podcast and answering questions and we have a full production crew, light camera, hair and makeup. And then there are other days like today, where I need to get a podcast turned around. I've had a long day momming it up and I am looking like the way God brought me into the world. But this week and the MicroBlaze anyway, stay focused.
Speaker 3: Here's the point.
Speaker 1: Sometimes balancing it all is not how do I do everything at the same level that I have always done them, but rather how can I show up in this moment with the truth of how much capacity I have and allow my circumstances to prioritize what's most important. I love doing this podcast, I love hearing your questions. It is not so important that I have the hair, the makeup in the production crew in order to turn this around.
Speaker 3: When it's nice to have it.
Speaker 1: It's nice, but I don't need it, And I think a lot of times we are thinking about how do I consistently be who I was when I was at the top of my game, instead of allowing the game to adjust to where we are today, And so prioritization is one of the things that has really helped me to balance the things that are assigned to my responsibility.
Speaker 3: In addition to that.
Speaker 1: I will say that I certainly struggle with anxiety when it comes to getting things done. I often worry that I am in over my head, I don't have what it takes. But I have also recognized that my anxiety is the greatest when I am thinking about all of the things that I have to do at one time, instead of realizing that none of them require me to do them right now. When I ask myself the question of all of the things that you have to do, what can you do right now? What is most pressing? What matters right now? What will matter tomorrow? What will matter six months down the road? Because sometimes I am stressing about things that are happening literally six seven months, eight months down the road, and so reminding myself to be present in the moment to enjoy what I have. If I'm driving the kids and I have a book to all I can do is drive the car. If I am writing a book but the kids need a bath, I can close the laptop down or ask for help and making sure that the kids get their bedtime routine so that I can do what is in front of me. I recognize it's a luxury to have the ability to ask my partner for help. As a single mother, I would have to be a little bit more intentional. I would have to ask around, thinking in advance of people who may be able to support me with the children so that I can accomplish my work. I was fortunate and that when I lived in Dallas, I was able to ask some of my family members to chip in to help me get whatever I needed to get done. I will say that keeping Christ in the front of it all as an entrepreneur and a business owner is not something that I.
Speaker 3: Seek out doing. And let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: Because I consider work, what I do, and my relationship with Christ who I am, and a lot of times when we're still in the beginning stages of walking out our faith, we want to make sure that we're honoring the love that we have for God, our desire to be obedient and to really live a life that looks like Jesus. And it does take work to make sure that we are making sure our actions align with the values that are important to us. I just want you to know that it will not always be a struggle to do that, and you will have to give yourself permission to come to a place where you say, I believe that this is not something that I am striving for. That when I really accepted Jesus in my heart and as my savior, that He's dwelling inside of me. And because Jesus dwells inside of me, my priority is to make space for the Spirit of God to settle me into where I am right now, to challenge me in the decisions that I make, and to be obedient when I feel those urgings. The reality is that for many of us, when the Holy Spirit wants us to go in a certain direction or stop certain actions, it's pretty clear it's not necessarily something that we have to seek out. We feel it immediately that I'm doing something that lacks my new integrity, that I'm doing something that I feel convicted about in the moment, and if we can be obedient and responsive to those moments, we have less to worry about when it comes to making sure that we keep Christ in everything. If we honor Christ in the areas where Christ is challenging us, we have to know that that same God, that same spirit of God that is leading us to a path of righteousness, knows how to get our attention. The question is will we respond or will we become desensitized because we don't necessarily want to respond in the way that we need.
Speaker 3: To in the moment.
Speaker 1: So say all of that to say that keeping Christ in the center of everything that we do has everything to do with who we are and how we center Christ and our being and trusting that that will overflow into everything that we do. You know, and just on I guess the most eve advice level ever when it comes to balancing it all. Don't be afraid to let some balls drop. Don't be afraid to say I used to have capacity, I don't have it anymore. Don't be afraid to say I may need to slow down. I'm getting a little burnt out. I need a break, I need to pull back from things that are not essential. I need to ask for additional support so that I can continue to do things that are essential. Oh okay, I'm going to say this and then I'm gonna zip it. But I was speaking out of women's lunch today to business owners and entrepreneurs in Dallas, and the theme of it was about acceleration, and I did some studying for it. Even though I was only speaking for fifteen minutes, I was nervous. I wanted to be prepared. And what I learned about acceleration is most of the time when we use it, we talk about a car increasing in speed. We think about things that are gaining momentum. But in physics, acceleration is any change in velocity, not just an increase in velocity, but even coming to a stop is a change in velocity that is still considered acceleration. And so as a business owner, especially as a woman, if you are a woman of color, then you may fall into the perception of being behind. There's all types of statistics that support the notion that women of color are more behind when it comes to business and entrepreneurship and pay skills. And we have the evidence of that and our experiences, and yet the reality is that Acceleration sometimes means slowing down so that we can take care of the bodies that perform our talents, our business, our gifts, so that we can take care of the soul in which all that we do flows from, because who wants to gain the world and lose their soul? And so I will say lastly that when it comes to balancing it all, my husband has a book called Balance.
Speaker 3: Definitely need to read it.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to balancing it all, make sure that you are defining acceleration properly, recognizing that it can be speeding up and slowing down at any given moment, and asking yourself, what is the best way for me to accelerate today? Is it in me speeding up or is it in me slowing down? I could honestly go on and on about the ways that we are able to balance our family and our relationship with God. It's really important to me, primarily because I think that I culturally received a I'm trying to say this the right way. I believe that culturally there is a notion that we need to keep Christ in the center of maybe what we do for others, But when we're at home, that's kind of the place where we can kind of relax, or you know, we don't have to work as hard to make sure that we're keeping Christ in the forefront of all that we do. Maybe that's just a PK thing. Maybe it's just a mean thing that whatever it is, you guys can judge me, write me, tell me about it later.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I will tell you that I actually decided to attempt gentle parenting and then realize that even in doing gentle parenting that I wasn't necessarily combining my faith in the gentle parenting. Though I have a prayer life. I study, I read the Bible, Me and the kids, we you know, listen to worship music in the car in the morning. We pray in the morning. I was inspired, honestly by reading a book by Kim Cash Tape their novels and they are amazing. I started with the Promises of God series. But I noticed that in the novel, like a friend would be having a random conversation and they would be like, we should pray about this, and then they would start praying. And I would think to Like, when I go throughout the day and something comes up that I should pray about, I like take a little note, and I'm like, all right, I'll pray about that. I'm gonna add that to my notes. But I have been actively trying to not just be intentional with the way that I speak to my kids and the way that I listened to them, but I've also tried to be more intentional as of late, to really incorporate them into the things that I'm praying to God about for them. So I decided that for this week's episode, we would dig a little bit deeper into parenting, especially coming off the hills of last week's rescue. If you heard last week's episode, then you know one of my girls was out here trying to be rescue from gentle parenting. And let me tell you, I absituively, positutely understand why we are trying to be rescued from gentle parenting. Now, if you're somewhere like, what in the world is gentle parenting? Like I have heard people talking about it, but please make it make sense. Gentle parenting is a parenting approach that encourages a partnership between you and your child to make choices based on an internal willingness instead of external pressures. First of all, I want you to know that my chondo shivered at this, like my shondo shivered reading that definition. I don't like that definition. I saw it on Guidepost Monossori. I need another one that's not working, okay, very well. Family says gentle parenting is an evidence based approach to raising happy, confident children. This parenting style is composed of four main elements empathy, respects, understanding, and boundaries, and focuses on fostering the qualities you want in your child by being compassionate and enforcing consistent boundaries. I like that one a little bit better. Uh, the reason why I am trying now, y'all, don't turn it off.
Speaker 3: Do not turn it off. Okay.
Speaker 1: I started gentle parenting myself before I started gentle parenting my children.
Speaker 3: Let me say more so.
Speaker 1: My husband and I have almost been married for ten years, and I noticed pretty early on within our marriage that I would get defensive when he said I did something wrong. I was prideful when he did something wrong because I think it proved that he wasn't any better than me, and I was unable to separate who I am from what I did.
Speaker 3: So if I made a mistake.
Speaker 1: And I maybe paid a bill late, or dinner was late, like things that were you know, maybe not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I am ready to throw me out with the bathwater. I am the baby in the bathwater. Throw me away. Okay, that is part of how I have, you know, experienced myself and experience I basically, I think a family structure that heavily emphasized performing well over interrogating how we got off track? What can we do without shame involved?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know, I have not been raised in every black household, but I have talked too many of the blacks, and many of the blacks I don't know. I have not talked to as many of the whites, but many of the blacks have told me that this is part of their experience too, Although when I spoke to Brename Brown at conference, she kind of made me believe that some of the white folks was going through this too.
Speaker 3: Brown folks, what y'all doing over there? Yellow? What you got?
Speaker 1: Go on? Tell me how many of us have experienced this same level of you know, performance based connection. And so when I realized that if I did not relearn that who you are is not what you do, you can apologize without it, you know, being a reflection of your worth and your value. You can speak up for your needs without having to get them fulfilled in unhealthy ways, like when I learned that I can be a person who embodies the fullness of my wants and my desires to be corrected and steered into a direction of growth. When I learned that that was possible, I basically started gentle parenting the responses that I would get so I would get in trouble when I was grown up. Maybe I would shut down, do what I was gonna do anyway, or I would feel like you're I'm a terrible person, you know. But you know, there are moments throughout my adult years in which I do something wrong and I tell myself, You're just human, You're not perfect, You're gonna make mistakes, Like I am speaking to myself in the way that I need to get out of that trauma response. And so I started gentle parenting as a response to my own trauma, and then realized that I was doing the same thing with my children. And listen, parenting is an experiment. I could be jacking this all up. Okay, don't take no advice from me unless you're willing to be an experience experiment, Lane, because we're just seeing what we can do out here, right. But I wanted to invite my children to, you know, tell you a little bit about gentle parenting. So I asked them first to define. I asked the younger ones. You know, Malachi is twenty one. He I'm trying to gentle parent him now, But I was fourteen when I had him. I was you talking about raggedy parenting, tough parenting. She did the best you could parenting. I love them parenting, fun parenting, raggedy parenting, like all mixed up in there together. That was his experience. And we're working through introducing healthy patterns in our relationship dynamic now. But I asks the children, who I'm still practicing going, how they define gentle parenting, And so I want you to hear their definitions.
Speaker 5: So it's like being more understanding to your kids and really just trying to think how they're thinking, stepping into their shoes.
Speaker 2: I think gentle parenting is when a parent actually takes a step back from the authoritarian persona per se and puts themselves in the child shoes and attempts to build a connection with the child based on their experiences, instead of judging them and punishing them for it, they take a step back and they're like, I can understand you're going through a lot of feelings right now, and just take a softer approach.
Speaker 3: Now, that doesn't work with all kids, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you have heard their definitions of gentle parenting and Kinsey's taking a psychology class. So y'all just bear with me, because it's one thing to want to be a gentle parent. It's another thing to have somebody actually with like a clipboard, trying to tell you whether or not you're, you know, living up to those principles.
Speaker 3: So I will tell you.
Speaker 1: That my goal in being a gentle parent is to display for them a loving example of someone who can handle every part of who they are. I was convinced that there were limits on what God could handle with me, and as a result, it hurt me. I hurt myself, and it created distance in my relationship with God. Our homes are the first encounters that we have with love, whether that is a love that is healthy and pure, complicated, or completely toxic. Without intentional work, it would be difficult for us to not in some ways misalign God when our parental experience of love has left some things to be desired for. So I assume that, much like you know I experienced at home, that if you did something like you're going to get grounded, you're going to get shut down. You know, I used to feel unloved when I was on punishment. You know, I know that wasn't necessarily the goal, but I used to feel like, oh, they don't love me anymore. And so when I did something that I felt like violated my relationship with God, I assume that it would be difficult for him to still love me, and so it made it easier for me to stray when I did not live in that consciousness of love. And so I do see my desire to gentle parent and you push over and not not be ran over, you know, But I see that as a part of me doing the best that I can to filter the love that God has for them through my imperfect human hands. And let me tell you, I don't always get it right, Ellen. Let Ella tell you, hold on, Ella. So do you think I'm more of a gentle pan or a tough parent?
Speaker 5: Em well, gentle parent?
Speaker 3: Really, you think I'm a gentle parent.
Speaker 5: Why because you always try to understand me. You're like, I can see how you feel this way or this way, and always trying to step into my shoes even when it doesn't work. I can tell that you're trying to understand me.
Speaker 3: Really, how can you tell when it's not working?
Speaker 5: Because you're you like.
Speaker 3: What I Ella, would I be breathing out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can see like I can see how you feel this way, and because you always just take a deep wood and then you just try to restart yourself and think how you're feeling the heart in like how I could feel.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you Ellen.
Speaker 1: That means though I'm trying, I'm trying to be a gentle parent, but sometimes I lose my patience.
Speaker 5: Well I know that.
Speaker 2: But you.
Speaker 5: Here, there's this scale. Sometimes you're an eight, sometimes you with two. It's around that range.
Speaker 1: Like its eight a really great parent, and two is like an amazing.
Speaker 5: Ten okay, one to ten and sometimes you're two and sometimes you're.
Speaker 3: Eight okay, never a ten, but never one either? Never a ten?
Speaker 5: Well, number one?
Speaker 1: How do I get to be a ten? Can you tell me how I get to be a ten?
Speaker 5: Do you get to be a ten? It's like you, Lily, if you stuggle, I clean your alma, I will do something.
Speaker 3: To you, okay, And what's the two.
Speaker 5: And two is like.
Speaker 2: Chock clean y'all?
Speaker 1: Now they sound about the same Ella. No, yeah, they sound they sound about the same.
Speaker 4: Na.
Speaker 1: So when I was growing up, my mother would give me a stare, and I knew what that stare meant. I guess for me, it's a deep side when I give a deep sigh, Eleanos. And I am trying to hang on to God's unchanging hand and to gentle parenting. But it's getting a little rough, and it's getting a little tough out here.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm doing the.
Speaker 1: Best that I can, because I truly do believe that there's an opportunity in us being gentle with ourselves, gentle with our children that neutralizes the pressure for us to perform well in parenting and allows us to be human. And from that place of being human and parenting, we also have an opportunity to grow to teach our children how to do the same, and to go back to the mind your business question, it gives us an opportunity to balance it all. Because I'm not trying to balance perfect. I am balancing with humanity, with grace, with empathy, and with transparency about what I am capable of doing. This is part of the reason why I felt it appropriate to include the kids in this conversation about balancing it all, because they are the one who bear the scars of when I don't balance things. Well, Like, y'all might get mad at me, but like you're gonna not listen to the podcast, you may stop watching me on YouTube, you may follow me, you may not come to conference, you may not buy a book.
Speaker 3: You know, but my children, if.
Speaker 1: I jack this up, if I don't balance this thing, well, I shape their lives in a way that I want to answer to God for. And so you know how I was telling you about that book that I was reading and just realizing that they would just incorporate prayer at any given moment, and how it inspired me. I was like, I want to be that kind of person. And then my daughter Mackenzie was going through something and I was like, I'm going to be that person. And I think she was having a tough day and she was telling me how she was feeling, and I was like, Okay, Kensy, let's pray about it. So I didn't know if she had noticed that shift in me, that I was being more intentional about taking the time to really, you know, pray with her about what was on her heart in the moment, and not just be the gentle parent that listens, but be the gentle parent that lays her at the feet of Jesus. And so I asked her whether or not she noticed it. Does it help you when sometimes like instead of telling you to go pray that I pray with you. And I've been trying this new thing where like I pray with you about the things that I would usually pray to God about you, so like if I'm worried about your friendship circle or I'm worried about you, like being focused, like instead of me just being like, man, I'm going to take that into my own prayer closet. I've been trying to pray with you. Have you noticed that I have noticed that. I remember we were I was bullying my eyes out. When was that like the seventeenth of January, Not that I remember the specific date, whatever day you made me go to school after, I was after we landed late, which was so rude, but anyways.
Speaker 3: So rude. What was rude about that?
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: No, because I will be coffee my lung. You'll be all right. Go to school. You will be all right.
Speaker 2: That they sleep in late and their parents let them let them stay home. I can't imagine it.
Speaker 1: You need to get up. You'll be fine. Me too, is strong resilience. Okay, but you were crying your eyes out the day and made you go to school.
Speaker 3: And what happened? I prayed with you.
Speaker 2: Right, you prayed with me, and I listened to my worship music. You have to do like, I want you to try listening to your worship music tonight. I was like, okay, and I listened to Millium or no, no, no, no, listening to Tuckney Jesus.
Speaker 3: You know that's my song.
Speaker 6: I was like.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my gosh, it's been so long since I've like, actually, it's not even like you know, you make us pray every morning. But when I was praying, it didn't feel like a chore. It didn't feel like something I had to do. It actually felt like, oh, I'm talking to a friend, I'm talking to somebody close to me. I'm talking to God. How I would talk to you about a bad day? You know? So I think instead of looking at a relationship with God as a chore, just to look at it as venting to somebody that you love, because you know, sometimes it's like I gotta pray, I forgot you gotta be ling.
Speaker 3: Hey, big poolky, how is your day?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you saw my day? But anyways, I'm gonna tell you about it. Anyways, like you didn't see the whole thing happen, I'm gonna still tell you, you know, instead of looking at it it's like a It's more than a friendship. It's like a really genuine and never ending, all unconditional, loving relationship. You know, I think everybody should have that.
Speaker 1: I have to be honest, you know, taking the time to reflect with my children about parenting. It's not just something I've done on the podcast. I've asked them before. And if you want to know, you know, how you're doing, you trying to get a progress report from these little crumb snatchers, May I suggest that you ask them these two questions. What is it about mommy or daddy that you will do with your children? What will you repeat with your children? And what is it about mommy or daddy that you will change with your children? And this has been a very interesting way of me hearing from their perspective how I'm showing up and how it affects them. I didn't record that this time, but it's been nice sharing with you the ways that I am parenting my children and how I am learning, how I'm growing, and how I am attempting to balance it all. I can only imagine that when you are on the outside looking in hearing someone else's children speak about them, that you were able to tell a lot about them based off of how the kids speak, and you know they're funny and they're honest, and they know that I'm not perfect, and they seem to be okay with that. I don't know, it's an experiment. I'll let you know for sure. Couldn't have this conversation without thinking about the closest you know. My dad calls it soft parenting, and he told me, can't be gentle, this world ain't gonna be gentle, and just we're gonna be tough on you.
Speaker 3: And he was not lying.
Speaker 1: And I am grateful for some tough parenting that made me resilient in the face of adversity. I have to say, though, that my mother was a pillow in the midst of the tough parenting. I don't think that she had all of the information that I have now, but I think, for the context of the times in which she was raising us, that she was really close to a gentle parent. And so I couldn't close this episode out without asking her to chime in about parenting. Her youngest child will be thirty this year, and it would be easy to assume that she is finished. But I assure you that she's just now really beginning to raise me. Is that not ignorant? She is just now I'm just not willing to listen. I'm just now willing to say I don't know what I'm doing. I don't have it all figured out. Mommy, please help me. And so Homegirl has a newborn, and so I asked her to share a little bit about her newborn experience and to say your prayer for us.
Speaker 6: In the throes of motherhood, oh my god, I picked up book books, I read magazine articles, I watched the news, I watched cartoons, I watched drama, I watch comedy, and at the end of the day, in the throes of motherhood, I only wanted to watch each child. And according to that child's personality develop a space in my heart that would reckon with anything that I found most perplexing. I couldn't ask my mother. I couldn't axt my grandmother. I couldn't ask an auntie, I couldn't ask a neighbor. I had to look inside my heart and look inside the heart of that child and understand what it was that they needed, not from me, but in order to survive the vicissitudes of life. And the reason you couldn't even ask anybody because each child's journey was going to be different, unlike mine, unlike their dads, And so whenever they hit a wall, I knew that it was part of their story and the only thing I could do. In some cases seek medical advice, in some cases just be still in watch. But most importantly, that child told me and is still telling me, exactly who they are, what they need, and what life affords them. It's very difficult to watch them figure it out because I don't want them to bump their head or fall out of a crib or tumble down the stairs. And that was physically, but now sometimes right now, it's in an emotional set of stairs, or it's a it's a physical or a mental or even a spiritual set of stairs, that they either have to decide whether they're going to go up the stairs or if they're going to go down the stairs. And so motherhood never ends, it never ends. From the cradle to the grave, whatever I've instilled in there will remain, and they'll decide how to eat the bones or eat the meat that Mom provided and throw away the bones when it comes their time to do exactly what I'm trying to do. Fantastic people, So I pray right now in the name of Jesus, whether you're the mother of a new born or if you've lost a child, somewhere in between, you've had to decide to share your body, share your life, share your words of comfort and advice. And I pray, Oh God, in the name of Jesus, at the end of the day a days in when everybody's still and your heart is still beating, that a calmness and an assurance would come over you to let you know that you've done the best that you could, and that God will assist you if you ask him for the wisdom to continue to be the mother, whether it's a spiritual mother or a biological mother. An adoptive mother of foster mother. You'll have to ask God to give you the wisdom and the foreknowledge, and then at the end of the day, the peace and knowing that your hand has touched a generation whose hand will touch another generation, and that you, as a great mom, have raised people that will be great human beings, filled with God's love his character, and that it will have to be developed, that it won't come ready made, but that God will move them because He has a specific plan for their lives. In Jesus' name, Rest and hope, Mamas, we stand together in Jesus's name.
Speaker 1: And with that, Episode seven of the Woman Evolved podcasts, brought to you by the Black Effect Network, is coming to an end. I have to tell you I don't think Rescue Eve is working, although the last one definitely gave us lots of content for this episode. I don't think the girls get it, you know. And if the girls who get it get it and the girls who don't don't, then this girl has to decide to abandon Chip. You know, it's been a whirlwind of I'm trying to think if there's even been anything in the news cycle where I'm like child Travis Kelsey was yelling at the coach man Taylor Swift took that Grammy.
Speaker 3: From something, But y'all, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Who wants to talk about that debt beyond he's got a country album?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else happening in the news that is Rescue Eve worthy? And is it even worthy of Rescue Eve? Or do we need to just mind our business and drink our water?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Send me an email let me know if Rescue Eve is working. I will keep trying if you will dive into this pool with me. But if not, let's say syanara and kiss this thing goodbye? All right, listen, I love you. I hope you have an amazing week. Thank you so much for listening. God, Thank you for every woman learning to be gentle with herself, whether she is a mother or just a girl in a hard world trying to find what it means to be soft and sensitive yet powerful and authentic. God, I pray that you would show her that it's okay to let her walls down, even if she's got to put them back up to go into certain rooms. God, I pray that you teach her the beauty of having walls that are easy to dismount and slow to put back up, which means she'll have to be pensive when guarded and quick to remove them when necessary.
Speaker 3: God, we don't want to go through this.
Speaker 1: World hard hearted, cold hearted, waiting for someone to betray us. And yet the reality is that many of us have had to survive. We want to live though, we want to thrive, we want to grow, we want to evolve. So God, I pray that as this podcast comes to an end, that my girls feel a little less alone, a lot more known in evidence that they've grown. Thank you Jesus for connection, for sisterhood, Thank you for power that moves in our lives and changes us for the better.
Speaker 3: In Jesus' name.
Speaker 1: Amen, y'all pre order my book, come see me on tour. I cannot wait to kick it with you. I will talk to you next week.