Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know y'all at all at all, So.
Speaker 1: Don't given the.
Speaker 3: Black bus busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to me to show.
Speaker 5: I don't joy.
Speaker 3: Yah, yeah, joy, you got to use that.
Speaker 2: You love. You're gonna turn.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 3: To turn the mouse to turn you probably got to turn the mouth to turn out the water the mono.
Speaker 7: Come come out you, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now one and on it. Steve Harvey got a radio show particular me this morning. Steve Harvey got a radio show filled with nothing but joy and hope about it too. You know, it's a great thing to be able to wake up in the morning with peace in your heart and joy. Peace and joy is immeasurable. It has a value attached to it, and I have no idea what it is. It's invaluable. It is worth so much more than any amount of money you can make. Peace and joy. I have not always had that.
Speaker 8: I've not always been a peaceful person or a person who lived his life and enjoy spirit. It took an arrival at this moment. Some people arrived sooner than others. I wish I had arrived at this point sooner, but I think it was necessary for me to learn a few things too. That's the amazing thing I've learned about life is that instead of reflecting on your past incidences and calling them failures, instead of focusing on the negative and calling them bad times, I look at them now as experiences. I had to have those experiences that were negative, that were good, positive, wrong, evil. I had to have all those experiences to become to shape who we are today. We all have to have them. If you look back at all the negative experiences you've had, all the things that you called failures, all the businesses I started that went under, all of the jobs I had that I was fired from, all the shows that were canceled, all of the times I thought I was gonna get something happened in my way and turned out I didn't get it at all. When you look at all of it, all of it, hopefully along the way, what you have done as a person is you've taken those negatives and those failures and you've used them for what they actually are. They are experiences, and they've now created in you an experienced person, and you know that is worth something. That's then it becomes a positive. But what too many people do is they let the negative things that have happened in their life. They allow the failures that have happened in them lives never to manifest themselves as experiences. And you sit up there and you dwell on it, and you dwell on it until you have this woe is me attitude. Stop looking at it like that, y'all. You go through things in order to become the person that you are today. I tell you who you sometimes have to sit down and talk to. Sometimes you ought to sit down to an inmate that really gets it. An inmate that says, man, I've actually heard inmates say it to me and write to me, and they've said things like, man, come into.
Speaker 1: Prison, save my life. Now, those of you have never got how can he say a thing like that?
Speaker 8: But some men, No, Man, I was so far out there that if I'd have stayed out there, I wouldn't even be here today. This actually allowed me to stop to spend some time with myself and learn some things about me. Now does that happen for everybody like that? And no, But here's a person who has taking an experience that could be considered a failure or negative and turn it into a positive and using it to enrich their lives. You can do it no matter what your set of circumstances is. I recommend to everybody that you try changing your outlook in order to change your outcome. Everything that happens to you that's negative or you can set of failure their experiences. You've got to go through these things in order to have the knowledge that you have today. So I wish that I had come to this arrival that I'm in now, this place of peace and joy, But then guess what I will not know what I know. I couldnot share some of the things that I'm able to share if I had not gone through some of them. And sometimes that's the purpose of them. It's to teach you a lesson because you know, God has a plan for you, He really really does, and eventually he can use you no matter how old you are, and he can use you no matter how young you are. If you just say, okay, I'm ready to hear your plan. I've tried mine, mine ain't worked out. What's your plan for me?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 8: That's why I say every day, Steve already got radio show, y'all. Couse, Man, I ain't see it coming. I didn't see that coming. I ain't see this book coming.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 8: I ain't seen half of the amazing things that are happened to me. I didn't plan them. I was sitting there, man and asking God for some direction. And then I got smart enough to stay watchful, be a hard worker. Now because faithful, our works is there and it came. And I'll remind you of this. God has given all of you a gift. Every last one of you listening has a gift. God has never created a soul that he did not provide.
Speaker 1: A gift to.
Speaker 8: God gives everyone a gift, and a gift is not just singing, rapping entertainment. The richer gifts are much more than that. Teachers are gifted people who really have the gift of sharing information. That's a gift, you know, and in that you can become great. You know, a lot of people think that successful and greatness is the same thing. Cornell West said it at my daughter's graduation. He was a spokesperson. He said something so pointed. He said, don't ever confuse success with greatness. The two have nothing to do with each other. People determine success about money and fame and all this here, but greatness. Greatness ain't got nothing to do with your money. It ain't got nothing to do with your fame. It's how you conduct your life. It's how meaningful and significant you become in your community, at your church, on your job, to the cub Scout unit that you run, to the little girl's lives, that you change, that that little center in the hood where you just one place of hope to so many people and they come back. And I used the example of Lou Danzler who passed away in La who had the Boys and Girls Challenges Club out in La. And he wasn't a rich man at all, and if you walk by him, you wouldn't even know who he was. But if you look at all the people who have gone on to become politicians, who have gone on to become CEOs, who have gone on to become athletes, that have passed through this man's small building in the hood in La, he was great.
Speaker 1: Trust me. Man.
Speaker 8: Prayer changes things, I said all the time. But when you see people will become successful or great, that somebody praying somewhere may not even be them.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's they. Mama.
Speaker 8: You know, I think of Tiger Woods and all the greatness he's accomplished. You know, they always talk about his.
Speaker 1: Father and all this.
Speaker 8: Here somebody somewhere praying for Tiger Woods. I got cash money riding on that Tiger Woods. Mama is a praying woman or something. My mother was. She prayed me into this place because she used to call me all the time. Praying for your boy. And prayer changes things. It really does. Try it today. It can change you. It has changed millions of people. Open up yourself to the greatness that's in you, because God is giving you a gift matter fact that you ain't using it. Who fought you think that is? I'm just telling you you got one, and if you start praying about it, it'll manifest itself and you can become one of two things, successful or great or both.
Speaker 1: You can make the decision. Today you're listening.
Speaker 4: Morning show.
Speaker 1: I got news for everybody. He didne did it again.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm talking about him? Almighty awesome, God on time, God never too late. God had you waiting sometimey will he gonna test your faith? You believe that, But it's all in preparation for what you ask for. Everything you're going through is God preparing you for what you asked for. You gotta pass some tests to get it. Lord, don't I know it? But guess what gave us another day?
Speaker 1: A new day?
Speaker 8: Only he could do it? He did it again. Thank your heavening Father, Shelley Strawberry. Call it for real, Mississippi Monica Junior and the legend that is nephew Tummy. Well yeah, always interesting there, Yeah, dive off into your mind.
Speaker 1: You your first for it?
Speaker 9: Now I want for you this morning? Uh you know just how you find out somebody really care about you? So, oh, let me ask you something. So if I was taking hostage and they said you gotta pay ten million to get me back?
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Who you talking to?
Speaker 4: The only person that has ten million on this year?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Why would they call me? Because?
Speaker 8: Uncle?
Speaker 6: You you?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't they you got ten million? Could you?
Speaker 9: Could you give them ten million for me to come back to Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm not your wife? Why would they not call cuish?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute?
Speaker 11: Uncle?
Speaker 8: He first called hot said. The first thing hostage person need to call is family closest. Now Now, when they call your wife, what does she say.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna even ask her. I probably ain't coming back. But if it's you, If it's you, though, you ask you something. He hears a phone call. Mister hoovey, I have Junior. We need ten million or you will never see him again. What do you say now? Huh?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, that's so wrong. Hello, miss honey. We have him.
Speaker 9: You have ten million dollars and you have an hour to get it to us or you'll never see junr again.
Speaker 8: An hour, ten million in an hour? Hey, man, can I talk Junior? Put him on the phone. Can I talk Junior?
Speaker 1: They got me? What's going on? Listen? Fake or crisis I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You need to have crisis.
Speaker 8: You need to say christis right now, throw yourself in the world so they can give you some medical help.
Speaker 4: I don't think we'll ever see you.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna pay it from I'm for real. You got Junior. Yeah, it's ten million dollars. I'm trying to figure out's Junior. I love you, man. I'm trying to figure out why the ain't called your wife?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 8: Why ain't called Delvi with Lee? I know some people think wish Dad delvi with lee. You know they gotta make some calls when people bought yours, Well, call you mama. You know they ain't to call your nephew. Hey man, your nephew can turn that call back in. We can start some money towards this. But your nephew turned that damn carback in. You just bought his ans, all right, and y'all, you know, get a mortgage on that house. At least get it started.
Speaker 1: Stall Sorry, Junior.
Speaker 4: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that brenk back. Right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that brenk back. What you got for his neph Uh.
Speaker 10: It's been said all across this country, out this country. We're gonna say it loud and proud in the middle of black history. Don't at these white folk get your a whup.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just sit down there at the job. People say it when they get home.
Speaker 10: People don't don't don't, don't don't let these white folk get your ass whip not and not and told you know not in told you have been Warren the cat Dog.
Speaker 1: If you would Hello, Hey, I'm trying to reach Terrell.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's Sorel.
Speaker 1: Who is Hey, Dreal, This is Drake. Hey. You you worked the You work the day shift, right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I work at the day till. I'm right here work right now? What's going on?
Speaker 10: I'm on I'm on the night shift with uh, with Deshaun and Jamal. I'm on the night shift.
Speaker 13: I don't know them, but is it something like, Man, I'm at work, brother, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, we got a problem. So listen us on the on the night shift.
Speaker 10: We hear that you supposed to be telling everybody that we ain't doing something right. Listen, when we get a load in at the dock, we checked that load in, we fired it like we're supposed to file it, and then we put and then we take the fourth clift and put everything where it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: That's what we do.
Speaker 6: What got what they gotta do with?
Speaker 13: He brother?
Speaker 1: Because they saying they.
Speaker 10: Saying that, they saying that you saying that we ain't doing our job right on the night shift.
Speaker 6: Who is they?
Speaker 13: We got the wrong person?
Speaker 6: Brother? Who is the.
Speaker 1: You you to you to rail? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: It's a rail but who is they? And I ain't say nothing like that.
Speaker 10: Okay, so well let me let me, let me go, let me go clear up like this here though. Don't let them white folks help you get your here. No, I'm telling you right now. If we get one more complaint, but they they talking about the night shift, ain't doing something right. I'm gonna tell you right now, we're coming up there to today's shift and you're gonna get your We're gonna let the white folks help you get your talking about.
Speaker 13: Brother, for one, I ain't making any complaints.
Speaker 6: You bring your black down here and you're talking about what somebody, come on down here.
Speaker 13: I'll put this point your brother.
Speaker 1: You can you can do all this you're doing right now. You could do all this woofing.
Speaker 10: What I'm letting you know is one more complaint go down about somebody saying something about the night shift.
Speaker 1: I'm coming up their.
Speaker 13: Person down here there.
Speaker 6: Man. I ain't trying to hell all this boys, I'm right now. You calls me with this bullsh I don't even know who you are talking about the knight shift. Matter of fact, don't come down during the day shift all wait for you to come to the night shift. But you can do what you want to do with the double, and and what's that double?
Speaker 10: Whatever you got to do, it don't matter to me, Terrell, It don't matter at me. All I'm saying is this, why why are you running your Why you're running your mouth? Why are you're running your mouth? Why why are you running your mouth to the white foe's talking about we ain't doing our.
Speaker 1: Job on the night shift.
Speaker 13: You would have called somebody else.
Speaker 10: Now so so so what while your voice getting high because you're laying.
Speaker 13: Talking about we call me with this? Hey man, you are in the work.
Speaker 1: I'm working to night, I'm working.
Speaker 13: Now get you good night.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, oh, I'm gonna work the double just to whoop.
Speaker 10: Your okay, well, come get this double whooping deep okay, come get this double because we already and found out you the person running your mouth to the white folks talking about the nice.
Speaker 1: Yet nice yift. Ain't nice yip. I ain't put this way It was supposed to go nightshift. Ain't ain't checked this allday in right night shift, nights hift. You're blaming it.
Speaker 6: Why don't you stop stopping people stop saying you messed up. Stop, and people won't complain on the day shift.
Speaker 10: It sounds we're messing up on the night shift.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 13: Stop probably needs to fire your Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, cool?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: How long for you get off?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: How long for you get off? How long for you get off?
Speaker 6: I'm working a double.
Speaker 13: I'm getting paid to you tonight.
Speaker 1: Boy. All right, boy? Cool, just say no more so? How you wh Cynthia doing?
Speaker 13: How do you know my wife?
Speaker 1: How she doing?
Speaker 6: Do you know my wife?
Speaker 1: I'm asking you a question for a bruise.
Speaker 13: You're really cooling for a brus Don't you know my wife?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 10: You know what I'm finna. I'm finna tell you. You want to know how I know you? Why do you want to know how I know your wife?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know my wife?
Speaker 1: Terrell. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife Cynthia got me to pray phone call yo?
Speaker 6: What what.
Speaker 1: Slowdounse lowdowns lowdhouse load down.
Speaker 10: This is this nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning To show your wife, Cynthia.
Speaker 13: You almost got your.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 13: I was sixty nine shout this boy got me. You damn got me.
Speaker 6: Fire the whole factor.
Speaker 13: You're looking at me right now.
Speaker 6: I'm I have to kick your just if I get fired.
Speaker 13: Hey, this was Nephew telling me.
Speaker 6: Show yeh nephew something right now?
Speaker 1: Hey, heyter Real, do me your favorite man. You got to tell me this. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 13: The scene Harvey's Morning Shows? Oh man, y'all got me.
Speaker 1: The same we thought yesterday? What happy Black History?
Speaker 2: Mother?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But thank you, Shirley. Have you ever said it?
Speaker 6: I thought it.
Speaker 4: I thought it a lot.
Speaker 1: Please have you said it? I don't know if I've said that. I thought it though. Oh have you sold somebody? Don't let these white folk get your head. No, I've said that at least at least twenty.
Speaker 4: Five times here already at least many with twenty five just random.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I said at least twenty five times.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 10: My parents, yes, oh oh yeah, my daddy said it in leaf five hundred times, in le to me, to you, to me, what were you doing.
Speaker 1: Being a boy, daddy? Daddy?
Speaker 8: They said up at the school, Hey, don't come in here. Telling me what they said. Don't let your wife folk get your head. You coming back to this house, tell me one more thing they told you, the stupid ass up at that school that I didn't tear you.
Speaker 1: Hear this house? All right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, it is asked the clo or you're listening Hardy Morning show. Coming up at the top of the hour, we will be joined by the Chairman of the Democratic National Convention to just us what's in store for Black voters and this year's presidential election. It's important, of course that we're prepared to vote this November. That's coming up at the top of the hour, But right now it is time to ask the clo. This is from Da Kwan in the Bronx. D Quan says, my girlfriend broke up with me because I wasn't complimenting her, but I complimented girls on Instagram. She doesn't know how to separate reality from fantasy. I am with her, I could never be with those other girls. Why is she tripping?
Speaker 1: Bruh, bruh, stupid. She don't know how to separate fantasy from reality.
Speaker 4: That's what he said.
Speaker 8: Well, bro, listen to me the message you're sending it to your girl, that you got to understand is you my reality and here's my fantasy. That's the message you said. You don't understand the stupidity.
Speaker 1: In that right there?
Speaker 8: Wow, So now your reality. I ain't got no compliments for you, Yeah, but my fantasy. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 8: Okay, First of all, let me just tell you what I've learned. If she was doing the same thing you doing and said the same thing to you, how would you feel. I don't compliment you on these me and online. They're my fantasy. Do you know how bruised your little ego would be. That's all you need to know, bro, Apologize to you girl. Man stop all that man quick like button just like them and move on?
Speaker 2: What is not.
Speaker 1: You hitting that bubble? And all it right? All right now, all right?
Speaker 4: Moving on to Tara in Memphis. Tara says, I did curbside pick up and saw my stepdad's truck at the restaurant. It was on my side of town, which is strange. I texted my mom and told her, and she said, unless I saw him having sex, don't tell her. Why did she snap at me? What did I do wrong?
Speaker 8: Why did you call and tell your mama because she a grown woman. And see you up in here starting semester, it might not be no mess. You got a fire going in her. Stay in your house, y'all. Stop starting fires in other people out, Mama. Daddy truck over here? The restaurant your daddy eat, don't he?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And it's on the other side of town. What he can only eat at a certain areas. The truck was at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 8: If you didn't see your daddy in there, your daddy could have been that one of his partners.
Speaker 1: Your daddy could have just stopped to have a moment to itself.
Speaker 4: You don't know what it was, But don't you love her?
Speaker 10: Mom?
Speaker 4: Though you see him, don't call.
Speaker 1: She had heard this before then your phone?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Business her?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Raynelle in Oakland says, my husband and I were introduced by our adult children. My son dated his daughter for five years. They broke up and can't stand each other. Now they didn't even come to our wedding. How do we get them to accept our union and get along?
Speaker 1: Well, they're not finish. Get along.
Speaker 8: That ain't what's gonna happen. And they introduced y'all, Now, how do they accept the union. You ain't got to see that blended family thing. Man, You and the wife had to make a decision that if y'all all right, y'all right, don't let these ignorant ask decisions. Don't let the ignorant ask kids and yours make a decision about they can't even stay together. Now they talking to you about your relationships. I don't even don't even worry about that. What's your tripp about them kids? Poses they're not finish like each other? Because you don't know what they did to break up? They together five years? Let them go. Now, how they ain't accepting your union? And they introduced y'all that's you know, I guess y'all we broke up. Y'all need to break up. That's ignis why you're listening to somebody like that?
Speaker 6: Is that mad?
Speaker 4: You can't even go to the wedding? Wow?
Speaker 8: You know, you know, because they didn't want to see each other that your mother getting married. Sit on the other side, Sit on they side. You know, they got switch, they got the size they went. Just sit over there. One of y'all sit to the far right and the other one sit to the far left. Have a pew full of people between.
Speaker 4: Y'all all right, Moving on last one, Steve tremmell Uh. She says, I'm in a relationship with a much younger man and we met when he was playing semi pro ball. That's done now, and he's being tight with his money. I like dating and hanging out with him. But am I supposed to pay for our dates till he finds employment?
Speaker 8: No, he but he tight with the money. Hell, he was tight with the money when he was playing semi pro am.
Speaker 1: I he words.
Speaker 8: That was that that ain't that's already tight. Now he ain't got that brow on a budget.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: Now he could be a really good dude. But but you ain't got to pay for the dates. Y'all need to stay home. Y'all need to get at the house, barbecue in the backyard, go on grass cutting dates. Y'all got to find something to go out there. You gotta get when you ain't got no money. You got to go out there and watch squirrels and you know you gotta do stuff like that. They go down here and walk by the lake. You know, y'all got the walks and y'all gotta go buy on the riding. Yeah, y'all got to do stuff like that. Y'all ain't got no money, you know, y'all need to go. Y'all go to mall windows shopping. Go down there, you know, go to the grocery store and walk around and eat the little stuff with the two picks in it at the end of you got.
Speaker 4: Oh like costco.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, go down there. You can sell some snacks.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: You gotta know how to you gotta know how to date when you ain't got money, you know.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: You got to try to find and see if it's a Blockbuster.
Speaker 4: Somewhere, Blockbuster Netflix that.
Speaker 8: Ain't gonna happen. Well, you know, but it takes a lot of time. No, by the time you we'll go back to the house tied time.
Speaker 4: To go to because I'm looking for a bloodbuster.
Speaker 1: I thought one? Did that have one you've seen?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 8: You know, go down to the flowing the store, you know, and decide what pack of peanuts y'all gonna buy.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of little stuff you could do, you know.
Speaker 4: Wow, what about like when holidays and stuff come up, like Valentine's Day just came up.
Speaker 8: Then what are they supposed to do Valentine's Day, y'all celebrate Valentine's Day to day after when the candy had price.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Then them cars y'all, y'all don't do downtime. They on the fourteen, y'all do it on fifteenth.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, all that care.
Speaker 1: They don't sell them cars everything and that damn they get them calls the way.
Speaker 8: You got to do all this here? You know how I know all this because I waited. I waited till the day after. I'd have a big excuse like I was in the cocks, and then on yes, and then I show up in next day with all all kind of cats, four dollars, have prid boxes, bother hell of a young boy. Boy, I knew how to do it all. That's why I got these answers. They just roll off my head and I've done all this. Man, The fifteenth is way better than the fourteenth.
Speaker 4: Wow, when her birthday's coming up, you can't change that day.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're just gonna come up with you know, real birthday?
Speaker 8: Today is especially pick a day like you have, Like if it's a Wednesday, Wednesday, probably squirrel watching Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Thursday walks coming up next, we talk about this year's presidential election and what's in store for black voters. You don't want to miss it. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning.
Speaker 1: Show, everybody.
Speaker 8: We got a special guest this morning who formerly served as the first black chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party. Well, he's currently the chair of the Democratic National Convention better known as the DNC. We had him on the show doing the last presidential election back in twenty twenty. He's joining us again this morning, everybody, to put a spotlight on the accomplishments of the Biden administration and to give us an overview of what's in store for black voters in this year's election.
Speaker 1: So we gonna get to it.
Speaker 8: Please, welcome to the show, everybody, Mister Jamie Harrison, Harrison, excuse me, welcome.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I am doing I'm doing well. I hope everybody's good. Homeboy JS Andy Brown's.
Speaker 13: Doing all right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he doing all right. He ain't doing much or nothing. He over there, quiet, he off right now. I don't worry about it. We can heal Sigma. So we let him off a lot. Hey man, sir, let me get right to this because I think this election is important man, I know, people are they all over the place with this election.
Speaker 1: Man, we got to get.
Speaker 8: Everybody galvanized and headed in the right direction. So let's highlight some of the stuff the President Biden and vice President has have delivered for black Americas.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, well, you know, first and foremost, it is making sure that we got a seat at the table. This president, Joe Biden, is the first president to put a black woman on the Supreme Court, the first president to appoint a black woman to be his vice president. That's the very first thing that yes, and then when you think about the judge's lifetime appointment, in the two hundred and forty eighth year old history of this country, only ninety eight black women have ever been on the court. In Joe biden three years, he has put thirty five black women on the court. Out of the one hundred and seventy judges that he's appointed, sixty of them have been black. Now, y'all know we only represent twelve or thirteen percent of the population. That's thirty five percent of his judges have been black. Lifetime appointments. Brothers and sisters in their forties and in their fifties, they're gonna be there for a long time, and so we are there. He's the first president that change the presidential primary process. You all know for them all of my life. I'm forty eight, just turned forty eight. I wouldn't answer to have kicked this thing off. Well, Joe Biden came in and said, you know what, We're gonna change this up. Instead of having black folks at the back of the bus, we're gonna move them to the front of the bus. And then he put South Carolina first. So the progeny of those folks who picked Cotton are now picking president and then the first ones to do that. So we're changing the conversation. Now, that's just on the politics side. When we think of the legislative substance, we all can start from when he inherited this thing, whether he came in a half, the American Rescue Plan, put shots in people's arms, put money back in people's pockets. Everybody remembers that three hundred dollars extra every month we had for our young people, which cut childhood pobbery in the black community by ass We remember that under Donald Trump, when the PPP loans went out, they went to the Lakers instead of to the black barbers and the black beauty salons. What was Joe Biden and the progressial Black Caucus that made sure that black businesses could stay open and so that PPP money started flowing into our community. We have seen the small of the biggest boom and black businesses created over the last three or thirty years. We've seen the lowest unemployment rate in the Black community ever in the history of this country. We know student loans that for those of us who had student loans, there has been no present that I don't care who they were, Democrat, a Republican ever touched the issue student loans until Joe Biden. One hundred and thirty seven million dollars for almost four million people, and every two months another seventy five thousand new people get some student loan debt release. That's because of Joe Biden. The reduced costs for influent in this country. We talked about how influence you know in the black community, either you're diabetic, you're pre diabetic, or you know somebody would diabetes and everybody's paying, you know, hundreds of dollars a month for insulin costs. Well, now that's thirty five dollars a month. That only happened because eighty one million of US went to the polls, voted for somebody, and passed legislation to get it done. That's because of Joe Biden. So even when Republicans stood in the way, they stood in the way on student loans, they stood in the way of George Floyd, Justice and policeman, Joe Biden has tried to use his executive authority in order to make change to improve the quality of life of people in our community, Ripping up lead types, putting in broadbandged are rural communities, rebuilding the roads and bridges that have been falling apart for decades. Donald Trump talked about a infrastructure week every week and never feel the damn probable. But Joe Biden has done in his first year. Both just understand that you got a president who actually wakes up every single day thinking about how can I make this country better for all of America's people, not just the rich donors who've give me contributions, for all of America's people. And that's who Joe Biden is. He's a good man, he's a decent man. He and Kamala Harris make an amazing team. I've seen them first, and I mean Kex I would not be the chair of the DNC, the second black man, the third black person to hold his role, but for Joe Biden. And so it's just important for folks to step back and understand that this election is going to be about hope versus fear. It's about progress versus chaos. We see the chaos from the Republicans, we see the chaos from Donald Trump. We know that it is only a campaign of retribution. Donald Some's only agenda, it's to pay people back for the things that he believes that they've done to him. Joe Biden's mission isn't about himself. It's about the American people, and particularly the black folks who've helped him get into this position. And he's shown not through his words, but through his actions that he sees us, that he values us and that he's fighting for us. And I believe he needs to get the opportunity to finish the job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, sir, when we come back, we're going to talk about that because I want to cover a couple of things, and how do we better get this message out of the accomplishments of this administration.
Speaker 1: Because we're battling it the wrong way.
Speaker 8: We are letting these Republicans pimp us with information that's totally irrelevant to what's relevant to us. And we got to do a better job of getting this information out there. We're gonna talk about that when we come back more. I'm Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening Morning Show?
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, We're back.
Speaker 8: We only got a short break, but I'm gonna give it this guys, really informedive.
Speaker 1: We've got the uh uh uh uh.
Speaker 8: We've got the first black chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party, the former one.
Speaker 1: But he's now the chair of the d n C, and we've got him on the phone.
Speaker 8: And today I have learned a plethora of information that I did not know, and I just want to talk to you about that, mister Harrison. How do we get this message that you so eloquently put forth in the first break? How do we do a better job of getting this information out because.
Speaker 5: It's not it's not no, it's see you're right, And you know, my big frustration is that, you know, you go to the media and I try to get on TV interviews, but they don't want me. They want they want some folks on there who who can talk about some mess and then when you get on, they want to talk about what kind of shoes Joe Biden is wearing. You know, you want to talk about his age and this and this and that. You know, there's something that Jim Clarvern told me very early on as a young staff. He said, Jamie, I know we need to get young people involved, but let me ask you a question. Would you rather an old thirds and marshall our young clans Thomas? He said, Jamie, In the end, it is not about your age, It's about your values. It's about what you will fight for, who you will fight for, and what you are motivated by. That's what we know. In terms of Joe Biden. We know what he's fighting for, we know who he's motivated by. We know who he will do things for because we've seen us and so we are the biggest mouthpieces.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 5: It gets great for me to be on TV, but you know who has more credibility than me. Is your mama, your daddy, your uncle, your aunt, right, it is the people in our circles. We can influence them, So it's important for us. I'm going to make sure that you all have all the information. You're gonna get so much mail and email and text messages and all the things about all the things that the president has done. But I need all of you to make sure that you are sharing that message. When you get student law relief. I've heard people got hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loan. Rely make sure you're telling your friends that, make sure you're telling your family members that, and make sure that they know it is because of Joe Biden that now your financial life is changing. Because of that, you know, Donald Trump's not gonna give you any student on release. Actually, the Republicans want to take back the relief that people have gotten. So we've got to understand where we are and understand that the power is not in somebody else. It's not in the president and all that the power is in us. The reason why Joe Biden's been able to do that is because eighty one million of us never in the history of this country have eighty one million going to the post the vote for a president and vice president, but we did that in twenty twenty votes. And if you want to see more change, if you want more to happen, then take your power don't give it away. Don't just say well, I'm gonna stay at home or this and that and sit on my couch. This ain't about couch. You've got to be just as relentless as the Republicans aren't to take away your freedom. You got to be as relentless to protect your freedom.
Speaker 8: Next time, we're going to talk about the dangers. Mister Jamie Harrison, Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: Thank you everybody. Y'all take care of you.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with more Steve hard Moore Show right after that.
Speaker 4: You're listening morning show. So Sunday night, the People's Choice Awards celebrated the best in TV, film, music, and pop culture.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: This award show is special because the people decide who wins this year. Chris Rock. Congratulations to Chris one Comedy Act of the Year for his comedy special Selective Outrage. Very good.
Speaker 1: I love that special.
Speaker 4: Beyonce also one R and B Artist of the Year. Congratulations. I Spice one New huh, I Spice one New Artist of the Year, Barbie one Movie of the Year and Comedy Movie of the Year, and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: One Movie of the Year and Comedy Movie.
Speaker 4: According to the people. Yeah, Burdie h Yeah, yeah, you have pink today. You have on pink today. Look at that we got.
Speaker 11: I love that movie that we got all the back in the theaters. That movie made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Though, if you think about it, got people in the theaters. What the color purple? When should.
Speaker 4: Well it's on TV now, so so watching it see if you'd like it. I loved Color Purple, loved it, loved it.
Speaker 1: To the movies to see that.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift won Female Artist of the Year, Social Celebrity of the Year, and Pop Artist of the Year. This is definitely her year.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: And Travis Kelsey her Man one Athlete of the Year. So there you go, People's choice. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: The NFL didn't vote him m v P. He won an athlete?
Speaker 6: Yeah what what?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: We miss the people? But that's just because he day Taylor. He wasn't an athlete a year. He cold boy. I like him. But Lamar Jason wonv Mamar Jackson one m v P. Yeah, he'd asked, yet, who.
Speaker 4: Tell the people they voted for Travis Kelcey. We gotta congratulate Beyonce uh for covering the March April issue of Essence magazine with the headline Beyonce Knowles Carter and the Legacy of Black Hair and her latest venture. In her feature article, Beyonce talks about her hair care line Sacred. Yeah, so congratulations to her and Sacred. Can't wait for that very exciting, can't wait for it? Yeah, what are you looking like, Steve? Now back to Travis kelcey Athlete of the Year. You see this joke, he's still milling that over.
Speaker 1: I'm just stunned. How's he athlete of the Year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Young people that voted, they love them together.
Speaker 1: He invented the fade to see.
Speaker 8: Well, well, now he did, admit, he said he cleaned that up. Yes, man, y'all come on now, he that that ain't his fault. It ain't he It ain't his fault he Athlete the Year either. I ain't mad at but.
Speaker 1: The public though, people, the people him.
Speaker 8: Hell, Tiger Woods boy, Charlie Woods. I would have voted him after year for our voted. Has cancel that little boy playing his hands off killing Oh my god, Well, I'm sure christ was Happyyl.
Speaker 1: Gonna perform at the Super Bowl next year, That's my prediction.
Speaker 4: You keep saying that. Well, I mean, the people just makes sense.
Speaker 8: If you really you want some numbers in viewership, put that girl on that show. Them Swifties ain't playing man, put.
Speaker 1: That girl on that show. I've never seen her perform.
Speaker 4: I've never I have heress to her concert because I had to see what it was all about.
Speaker 1: I had I want to see what it's all about. I know she did our Earth, Wind and Fire September. You think about that, Yeah, what do you think about that? So I'm more like November.
Speaker 4: Bit of it if you want to, Well, the people, the people love what the people say. The people said, she's a female Artist of the Year. They said she's the social celebrity of the year, and she's pop Artists of the Year. That's what the people say. And they say her man is athlete. Oh Taylor, I like Taylor.
Speaker 1: I like I ain't mad at him.
Speaker 8: Coming up Nextphew, non athlete.
Speaker 4: Call right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. Coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It is my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is he had nine missed calls from his coworker. He had nine missed calls from his coworker. We'll get into that, find out what that's all about. And just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's frank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got net.
Speaker 10: This goes out to all the hairstylists out there, all the halstyl is, the barber's, everybody would booth rent on everybody in the hand salon to bob shop. If you can't talk straight to the barber shop, where can you talk straight? This right here is aunt Tie Deborah K aunt Tie Deborah K Lord dang here we go cat. Now y'all better buckle up on this Auntie Debra K Mass speaker. Let me tell you something of you. My name is Wayne. You did my auntie's hair yesterday, and now I don't know what you did. I don't know what kind of glue you'd use with weaves or whatever. But my auntie hadn't fell out in church today doing I don't I.
Speaker 12: Don't even use glue because I don't even know why you're coming at me on the side tip anywhere about your auntie.
Speaker 1: My auntie, My auntie is Deth Brook and I have fell out.
Speaker 12: You're talking, don't use glue and nineteen eighty two you come with some glue.
Speaker 1: Who you think you tripping with?
Speaker 3: Look, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Look, let me say this to you all.
Speaker 12: I'm saying, you gotta say, you gotta say because I'm serious about my head weeds. You coming at me with some glue, it's for some.
Speaker 1: Well that's what happened.
Speaker 10: And I have fell off in service and all the church members and sitting there laughing.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 12: But she shouldn't have been. Maybe she's trying to get the devil out over because she ain't no business shouting hard anyway. But I don't switch double glue.
Speaker 10: You ain't in the city and talk about Mia, ain't it? And hut Jesus, don't you talk about how she shouted?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They call her miss deb Brook.
Speaker 12: I don't know, no miss del Brook.
Speaker 10: She just got her hair done from you yesterday. How you gonna sit here and act like you ain't cut it yesterday?
Speaker 12: God, it's just saying blue time a real woman, and time me tell me the mistake kind of mate, Because I don't have no.
Speaker 10: And I ain't I'm finna tell everybody in Atlanta Georgian not to come to your house.
Speaker 12: Wait a minute, what minute? You white one?
Speaker 11: Minutes.
Speaker 12: That's my livelihood. Why I don't need you?
Speaker 10: Is this you?
Speaker 1: My name is Wayne.
Speaker 12: Why look your wife. I know you're on that way, but you I got her brother named Big Jay and the one bring it on, bring it, bring it Swaine.
Speaker 1: Look, look, let me tell you something.
Speaker 10: I don't want no problem, but I will throw these hands if I got you what.
Speaker 12: They ain't gonna throw the hand. Look here, look here, I ain't got time to tell you. Ain't it whoever? Ain't some mistake and wasn't new?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 12: Look you done got me out here on good Sunday. I just came from church. It's hot as hell, and you telling me my glue. You ain't got no do got do today?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 12: I ain't got nothing to do.
Speaker 1: I got to find out why my ain't and half falling out in church?
Speaker 12: That ain't me so called somebody else in that ray because I'm the I am the business had the too well you ain't you?
Speaker 1: You must not be in right now? You got people have falling out in church and glue falling all off on the pew.
Speaker 12: Ain't you ain't the problem? Glue her home? And that's kind of why it fell Like I'm gonna tell you what now, I'm the hottest filest in that now. So I don't know who know dere ain't nobody if I I ain't, do I have, I don't some half you go in and everybody in that lamp dad say the same thing.
Speaker 10: Look, all I'm saying is you to mess up my ain't and hair. I wanna get it rectified. I need you, first of all to call and apologize to her.
Speaker 12: I apologize you drinking on some Jesus juice with y'all ain't and that's why I you aren't Michael Jackson and you ain't in devil seek to your whatever.
Speaker 6: Her name is.
Speaker 10: Look, let me tell you first of all, you'll go, you'll go respect my ain't.
Speaker 12: Okay, whatever you say her name is, I put up.
Speaker 10: I want you to redo my ain't and half for free and get her money back from the first time she paid you.
Speaker 12: I don't know who this old. I don't know who this is who. I don't know who you are. I'm wann you coming way ain't Look you Wayne, I'm gonna go ahead. I'm gonna hang up in your faith.
Speaker 10: No hold up, I'm jeff Nephew, Wayne. Nah My, I ain't fift two years old. Now, if you ain't gonna respect your elders, how you expect to be blessed?
Speaker 1: You say you just went to church this morning.
Speaker 12: See that's the problem. You calling me on Sunday. What you got me cutting like this? See that I gotta go back, guess past.
Speaker 1: I got one more thing I need to say to you before I get off the phone.
Speaker 12: What you try to say, because you waste in nine minutes.
Speaker 10: This is nephew time. It from the Steve Harvey Martin show. You just got brank from your girlfriend.
Speaker 12: My brother got me, nephew.
Speaker 1: What your girl tell me? She say? Trust me going off the third twelve second?
Speaker 12: Know what it is if you tell me, hey.
Speaker 1: Baby ly Man, you don't do no uh, you don't do no glue. No, I don't know glue.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't, Hey, I tell you no glue.
Speaker 1: It's too.
Speaker 10: All right, babe. Ain't nobody ain't nobody half fell out at church? And that you still they say you the bomb down there. So I just wanted to call and make sure I prank my girl. Sheet one all right, baby, answer one thing from it? What is the baddest I mean, the baddest radio show in the world.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 12: Morning Show, and there you have it.
Speaker 10: Okay, Now my brother and them come to check you out. You think you talking to Oh oh, they get so they get so hyped, they get so into the.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I love it.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna take you there this weekend. It's Greensboro. I'm at the Comedy Zone. The nephew is at the Comedy Zone. Greensboro, North Carolina. Friday night sold out, Saturday night sold out, four o'clock show on Sunday, soul out, Tommy I did a seven thirty show on Sunday. Tickets on sale right now, get you some get your laughter into your soul, because laughter is good for the soul. Come on out, see what the nephew talking about. Come come here about this journey that the nephew has been on.
Speaker 1: Won't he do it? Won't he do it? Straight?
Speaker 10: Straight, straight, straight straight, straight out of cancer? That's right, one hundred percent cancer free. Come holler at your boy landing. The cut is Rileigh, North Carolina. That's Charlie good Night.
Speaker 1: Just what that is?
Speaker 10: Rileigh, North Carolina. That's Charlie good Night. Come be down on Friday, March first and second on the Saturday day, Charlie, good night. You want to get your ticket, Come on out and hang out with you, boy like you land in the cut is Richmond, Virginia. Richmond, Virginia. That would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That is the Funny Bone in Richmond, Virginia. Tickets are going well in Richard, Jinia. So y'all get ready to be a while since I've been there. The Nephew is only the way back. Boy, stupid and ignat as all kid out laying in the cut. Montgomery, Alabama, Yep, get ready, put your black cap on. We're gonna throw them in the air all together at one time, Montgomery at the Alabama at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center.
Speaker 1: That would be me.
Speaker 10: It will be Jake Jay Williams and celebrity and the entertainer and earthquake in the building Saturday night, Montgomery Performing Off Center.
Speaker 1: That's enough for you right now. I got more everywhere. That's enough right now, North Carolina somewhere.
Speaker 10: And now my wife has me taking her and the children somewhere from spring break. And then then they'll they'll tell me to go and get on a plane early and go back to work. As they stay and have a good time.
Speaker 1: In how they do sir start out with you? They say you to go.
Speaker 8: Back moments five family, Yes, job, Yes you can fly with us. We'll fly back by myself. Put your hard down.
Speaker 4: Then bye bye, all right, Coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is he had nine missed calls from his co worker. We'll get into that find out what that's all about. Right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, works, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve BARBFM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 4: Thank you. A few subject he had nine missed calls from his co worker. Dear Stephen Shirley. My husband and I have been together for eight years and married for three years. In the beginning, I told him that I had a problem with all of his female friends. He said he would cut them off all off for me. He's a hairstylist in barber and his best lady friend, as he calls her, is in the same salon with him. My husband and I are thirty nine years old and his best lady friend, Tammy is thirty. I've always wondered how he and Tammy's friendship has lasted for six years. I told him, as his wife, I should be his best lady friend, but he is stuck on stupid.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 4: Tammy is an airhead and he is like a big brother to her. Since I've known her, she has never been in a relationship, so I think my husband is fulfilling that role. When I go to the salon, Tammy isn't there, and my husband said, it's always a coincidence. Hm. I did pop up one day and another barber announced, wow, look who showed up, y'all, and my husband came from the back. My husband thinks I'm making up stories in my head, but something isn't right. The other night, I was in the shower and my husband was on the treadmill with his headphones on. It was almost midnight, and I could hear his phone vibrating from the top dresser drawer when I got his phone. When I got to his phone, Tammy had called him nine times back to back. I didn't check her text message because I did not want to start World War three. He had no explanation for why she called nine times, and he didn't call her back. The salon wasn't on fire, and if it was, she should have called the fire department, not my husband. Should I go pay Timmy a visit at the salon and see what's up? No, you don't have to do that. I mean, you know there's something going on. I mean you feel it in your gut. Too much, strange stuff is happening. You feel it, like when she knows you're coming to the salon, she's coincidentally out of the salon. She's calling your man multiple times late at night, and you're right, he should not be calling her his best lady friend, that esteemed honor should go to you and only you, his wife. Yes, she's wrong for calling him nine times. Come on, what could be that important that she's got to call another woman's husband nine times back to back. He's wrong for trying to gaslight you, saying you're making up stories in your head. But you still don't need to pay her a visit. You're not married to her. You need to take it up with your husband. Of course, he will continue to deny that anything's going on. And you did talk to him about all of his female friends before the marriage, and he said he would cut them off, all of them for you. But somehow this last one has been lingering for six years. What's so special about her? That's what you need to find out. Your instincts are telling you there's something there, and you never know something could be there, So try to find out. If you can talk to your husband, Steve, I see you holding your.
Speaker 8: Forehead yesterday add a question for me. They said, Steve, why doing this strawberry letter? Are you always defending these men? And I told the lady at family feud it is because Shirley is hell bent every damn time on ending a damn marriage. I don't tell what the circle I told him, and I'm saying it on that l All I'm trying to do is offer a balance of someone to think about it. Look, we all know when something sounds shaky, we all know when something sounds wrong. I am the first person to tell the woman that God gave women intuition.
Speaker 1: You should use it.
Speaker 8: I've said it a hundred times mm hmm. But damn surely writes these men off every schan Now, I'm gonna be honest with you on this.
Speaker 1: Letter right here.
Speaker 8: I will tell you when it's shaky, and I will tell you when there's a possibility. Okay, you're dating a man, y'all been married three years. You told him you had a problem with his female friends. He said he cut him all off. Now he's a half stylist and barber. Oh oh, oh oh red flag. Half stylist and a barber. These are pronouns. Half stylists is a pronoun and barber is a pronoun. Half stylist and barber two different pronouns.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you decide what you want to do with this.
Speaker 8: I'm just putting out some information his best lady friend that he called this the same salaon my husband now thirty nine.
Speaker 1: His best lady friend, Tammy's thirty.
Speaker 8: She found I've always wondered how he and Tammy's friendship has lasted for six years. I told him, as his wife, I should be his best lady Fred and I agree with you one hundred percent. But you say he's stuck on stupid, Well, then if you gonna let him keep calling her the best lady free, he ain't the only one stuck on stupid. You stupid too. Okay, let's just call it like it is. He said, Tammy is an airhead and he's like a big brother to her. That could possibly be true. Tammy could be an adhead. Lord, Lord, Lord, I have seen some fine. Yeah, fine, yes, I'm talking about dumb as a doknob. Yes, large, God, almighty.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 8: And since I've known her, she's never been in a relationship. So I think my husband is fulfilling that role. Now, it's fine, Vanessa, Ah, it ain't been in the relationship in six years.
Speaker 1: Thank your husband and filling that role that has possibilities.
Speaker 4: Just hang on for a second. Part two of Steve's response is coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter, subject he had nine miss calls from his coworker. We'll talk about that, get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is he had nine miss calls from his coworker.
Speaker 8: Well, here I am, and as I promised you in this letter, I try to offer some counter for Shirley's answer, because she is in the kill it business. Surely every man come along in these strawberry letters. She got the roll, she got that sawed out, and she letting them have it. I'm gonna call her up as a shameman, as she's the executioner, and I try to offer a balance. But I will tell you when there's a possibility this moment. Had been married three years. Her husband had a lot of lady friends, and he said he cut them all off of her, except but he kept this one little Tammy.
Speaker 1: She thirty, they thirty nine. Tammy fine. I think he didn't say it in the letter, but she fine.
Speaker 8: But Tam is an airhead and she's wondered how Tammy's friendship has lasted as long. And she told him, as his wife, I should be your best lady friend. And you're right about that, you should. But he's stuck on stupid. He keep calling her that, and you stupid too. For a lot, I done told y'all. I'm told y'all about these friends. I told you about these opposite sex best friends. I done told y'all that they gonna always create a problem, and here we go again.
Speaker 1: I don't see how y'all don't see this? All right?
Speaker 8: He said, Tam is an airhead and he's like a big brother to her. She probably is an airhead.
Speaker 1: Lord, come on him top that.
Speaker 8: How many fine air hiss have I seen in my lifetime? Got lord herr? You ever seen a woman find in? She hoped my morthles start talking? You go damn all right there? Yeh, dumb as a donog. Anyway, since I've known her, she's never been in a relationship. So I think my husband is fulfilling that role now that has possibilities of finding a head that ain't been in a relationship in six years. Somebody got to push up on her somebody somehow. But you think it's your husband, Well let's find out. Uh let me see where did I stop at? And so I think my husband's filling that role. When I go to the salon, Tammy isn't there. And my husband said, it's always a coincidence. Well do you always tell him you coming? And then if they got a relationship, why she got to leave? They've obviously hid it for six years us. So while she got to leave the salade, she can go over there and do somebody's head or something, you know, I mean hair hair, It sound better.
Speaker 1: She's probably doing somebody's hair over there. Anyway.
Speaker 8: I did pop up one day and another barber. Now, wow, look who showed up y'all and my husband came from the back.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a good move.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Look go showed up y'all louder and then your husband came out to back. Hey, I don't know what was going.
Speaker 8: My husband thinks I'm making up stories in my head, but something isn't right. The other night, I was in the shower and my husband was on the treadmill with his headphones on. I was all it was almost midnight, and I could hear his phone vibrating from the top dresser truck. When I got to his phone, Tammy had called him nine times, back.
Speaker 11: To back to back, back to back, back, back back back.
Speaker 8: I didn't check her text message because I didn't want to start World War three.
Speaker 1: Well, at call of Farrell's house. It was in World War three that e oh, easily it would be.
Speaker 8: United Nations or blow up. It had been on it's been hell up in here? Now me, I would have had an answer for them nine calls. He had no explanation of why she called nine times, and he didn't call her back. Excellent move, did not call her back. I'm thinking butt dial, I'm gonna go with butt die. It happened all the time, butt dial back to back?
Speaker 2: Who do that?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 8: Probably butt down? The salon wasn't on fire. If it was, she'd have called the fire department, not my husband. Should I go pay Tammy a visit at the salon? See what's up? Let me ask you something. Either you want to start World War three or you don't. But really, you, lady, you're not You're not handling this the right way too. The only thing I agree with Sureley and this whole response was what you going up there?
Speaker 1: Talk to tamm before you scared that?
Speaker 8: You don't want to check your husband's messages because you don't want to start?
Speaker 1: What you scared of? Who you scared of? Tammy didn't say no viows to you.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 8: Now listen to me. Women always want to ask this question, why do men cheat? Now you want to answer because there are so many women out there willing to cheat with them that's the real answer.
Speaker 1: We couldn't do it.
Speaker 8: We didn't have so many willing participants because it's short at your women.
Speaker 1: Men know that as more women on this world than it is me and the one.
Speaker 8: So now you got a decision you got to make with. All I need to know is when is World War three start? Because it don't have to pop off away and have peace. Sometimes you gotta.
Speaker 13: Have a war.
Speaker 4: On Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Coming up next to this, Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, surely the backlash has already started from the NBA All Star weekend.
Speaker 1: They did not like the game on Sunday. Oh my god, to eleven and weighty six.
Speaker 9: They sit next you to gonna try to make it more competitive, But I don't know how they gonna do that because it's the players. They playing two eleven twenty six, highest scoring All Star game ever.
Speaker 1: Well, the players, they ain't doing nothing. What could we do to make it a more competitive game.
Speaker 8: How we players have to play DP You have to look, man, it used to be a cold game to watch man East against the West.
Speaker 1: It was competitive. They was trying to win. Now, man, it was just not. But it's up to the players. You know, they make they make millions of dollars and fans want to see the greatest pickup game on Earth. And that's not what they're seeing.
Speaker 10: The kickball or something, you know, something different, just kickball, kickball, coin hole.
Speaker 8: Just do something different, man, for real. I mean that's what they're gonna do. They might as well because you see what didn't happen to the Pro Bowl In football?
Speaker 1: They play flag football. That nothing. They got a skills test. You know, you just be going whatever.
Speaker 8: They had a long drive test, a long drive test ship at the Pro Bowl. Who wants to see a football player hit the GoF ball. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: If they're not going to play the game, then don't play the game. You know.
Speaker 8: The baseball players they have All Star game, you know, but don't you don't play the game. You know, I'm not understanding that they don't want to get hurt hurt, but they played. They play that hard in summer leagues and games when they playing at the at the pickup. I just it's just a horrible thing to watch. Man, I didn't watch it because I've been watching this the years. Take this turn, Kobe said before he passed. They got to changes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you don't want to waste your Saturday and Sunday watching this type of stuff.
Speaker 1: You don't want.
Speaker 9: Football, flag football, flag football. The best bill people on the earth is playing flag football.
Speaker 1: But the dunk contest.
Speaker 8: I mean, all these cats, but all these dunks, they be trying to do all this hollering after they don't get into dunk contest.
Speaker 6: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: You know Jaylen Brown, he put the glove on the left hand dunk. What was that pro He's like a Michael Jackson throwback?
Speaker 6: What was I.
Speaker 1: With his left hand?
Speaker 4: That ain't wait wait, so y'all, so the players that decide to.
Speaker 11: Get into dunk contest, you know, like the way he don't so but he participated.
Speaker 1: He showed up. You got to give him credit for that, man. Yeah, yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 8: I can go down now, throw that ball up, gets that backboard, so damn hard.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get competitive, all right, we hear you guys coming up at the top of the hour, A husband needs some advice Steve on dealing with his closed minded wife who won't go vote. We'll talk about that right after this. You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve.
Speaker 4: This is from ant Pensacola and says, my wife is a registered voter and US citizen, but she's from another country. She laughs at our government in the US and said we shouldn't be taken seriously. After Trump was allowed to be president, she won't vote, and she says she doesn't care who wins, but then she complains about how bad her pay is. She supervises cafeteria workers and most of them said they aren't voting in November. I have told her that she is in a leadership role and she needs to encourage her team to vote. We argue about this all the time. If her mindset doesn't change, I can't see our marriage lasting. How do I convince a small minded person to think big and do better?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Man, they're going to break it all Wow the food Wow. Wow. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's something is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a deal break with you. So this is a big question.
Speaker 8: I don't want to misguide you anything, but you just got to sit down and just say hey, look, you got to do it without argument.
Speaker 1: Got to sit down and say, hey, listen, this is really important to me.
Speaker 8: I need your help. I know how you feel about it and everything, and I got how you are. What would you just help me out? I want I want you to vote go with me. I want you to help help me. But I also would like for you to just encourage your workers and show some type of leadership role and just talk to a real calm like that.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 8: You gotta do that. But but don't let this in your marriage. You know, she wanted to be a citizen just so she could escape wherever she was from. And you know, but you come over here to enjoy the benefits, and yeah, this country is kind of a hypocritical nation. So you can come over here and enjoy the benefits that you want to, but you also got to deal with what we are and what we try to prevent ourselves from being. Donald try I'm on presidency. Man, it's gonna be rough for black people. And black people don't know because all this man wants to get elected for is one reason for himself.
Speaker 1: He gonna fix it for his little rich buddies, But.
Speaker 8: He really just trying to stay out of jail, and he's used every thing imaginer to stay out of jail.
Speaker 1: He done lied about the election being rigged. He done lied about this.
Speaker 8: He endo a lot of trouble, but you can't convict the sitting president and he's gotten the entire Republican Party behind, and we just got to stop this so he can. At least I will vote, just so he can just go and see what's supposed to happen to him. Because I already know what he is for us. It's just not I don't know how you think he is. I don't know how you think he good for black people. I don't know how y'all think. I don't know how you think he good. Well, I know how I think. Look, the Republics are don't vote for him because they just like him. And it's amazing thing, man, that there's so many walking a month sus that love this man and feel that he's right.
Speaker 1: So what you got, Tomas, We need to.
Speaker 10: Go in this cafeteria and talk to these people that are talking about that they're not gonna vote.
Speaker 1: That's what we need to be talking. Yeah, his wife down across the country what she wants to ridicule.
Speaker 11: And then you don't want to be a part of the solution and the process to help make the change.
Speaker 1: But you want that's stupid. You don't like your pay mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you want to change that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ain't the real problem I see in this whole thing. It's the food. He can't bring them Caffeterian potatoes back home every day. You can't do that. You can't make this in here. He tired of eating. Na's got down to vote, and he really want to go up.
Speaker 14: All right, Look, Jathy, okay, all right, all right, so are you gonna try and help aunt?
Speaker 4: Talk to his wife.
Speaker 1: I'm just told him what he had to do, had to do it calm.
Speaker 8: He had to go in there and sit down and explain to the how important it is if you love me, I need you, I need your support, you know.
Speaker 1: But you got it. You got to get these people out to the polls to vote. Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, y'all, I'm telling y'all, we're gonna mess around and be sleep at the wheel. Look, nobody feels like this again, but we got to do our duty, our job. It's too many people died for us. They had to write the vote for us to sit up in here man and not and not exercise our duty. We got an obligation, man, to our children and grandchildren. We got our We got an obligation to our ancestors. Stop this damn foolishness.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 4: So Billboard research players in the NFL and the NHL to see what they listen to while they work out, and their playlists very just diverse, all kinds of music, from hip hop to country music. So here's a question to you, guys, what do you listen to while you're working out? Temmy? We know you like to run. What do you listen to? What's your mute? What's on your playlist?
Speaker 1: It varies, it varies. I could run and do a whole Kirk Franklin album, then I could I could be the next week, I could turn around and be listening to and I'll be mad when I when I when I could do with M and L three miles, I'll be fired up.
Speaker 10: Please yourself run different than Manil Buddy, what about your junior?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's hip hop all day long? I start.
Speaker 9: No, that ain't no R and B when you work, No JZ, I put this jez on. Oh I'm in there, Lil Wayne jay Z any of that motivating huh?
Speaker 3: But no Jodasy No, no, no Jose for night, late night.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: See, I own your playlist.
Speaker 8: Gospel music when I'm working only only that's all I listen to because a lot of times when I'm picking this weight up, I'll be calling them anyway.
Speaker 1: You need it.
Speaker 4: Help is a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read the DMX. I was screaming at everybody on the track. You see me coming.
Speaker 4: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this you're listening hard morning show? It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather reveal your address publicly? Or would you rather reveal your list of medications public?
Speaker 1: My address publicly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Your address? Would you rather reveal your address publicly? Or your medication?
Speaker 1: You come see all this dope I got on my nice tape? Damn yeah? Medications? Yeah? Which is that time? Happy to be alive to take me. You come see all this I'm taking on your YouTube, oh medicasionally, I'm telling you gonna see all of this. Yeah, everything they go with sickle cell I got it, Steve, they know what I stay any damn. I've seen your house on Instagram before I'll see your house. I got drones that go up to knock other drones out there.
Speaker 4: All right, You guys love to fish. You love the golf. So here's the would you rather? Would you rather fish naked or golf naked?
Speaker 1: I rather fish naked?
Speaker 4: Have you ever done that before?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I fish from all the shirt though.
Speaker 10: Take golf naked will be pretty hard. Though, that's a lot going on. There's a lot of moving parts.
Speaker 1: Better, it's dangerous for me to golf naked.
Speaker 4: It's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Why I'm holding that club down there. I got a lot of stuff in the way. So would you.
Speaker 4: Would you rather have a secret have a hidden bank account, or have a secret residence? Have a hidden bank account or a secret residence?
Speaker 1: I got both of it? Wow? Why not that voice? We wind? Come on, y'all a question? You just answer it for while we answer, let's stay right here. I didn't finish I did not finish my statement. Finish I'm not secret bank account?
Speaker 4: Okay, you rather have a secret bank account?
Speaker 1: Can you tell me?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: Please? Anything? Have some money on? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 4: Would you rather swap suits with Kirk Franklin or would you or would you rather swap suits with Shack? Tell me you go first?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me hear this here for me and I don't like that.
Speaker 8: This is rerectly Just don't put Kirk Franklin suit on. Stay out, Okay right now, I can't open up Kirk close enough.
Speaker 1: This time me dancing everywhere I go?
Speaker 12: Is it times?
Speaker 4: Today's round? Would you rather we'll come back to close up the show?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 4: Would you're listening? Morning show? Here we are last break of the day, guys, and it is time for Steve to take us home with some closing remarks.
Speaker 6: You know what we have.
Speaker 8: I had the chairman of the DNC on today, mister Jamie Harrison, and he was talking about the election and the importance of US voting, and he really pointed out a lot of attributes of the Biden administration that I didn't even know. I mean, the obvious one, of course, was the first black woman appointed to the Supreme Court, I knew that, but when you stack it up, he's also bought the first black woman vice president of the United States, the first black woman to become a Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Justice in three years.
Speaker 8: In three years, he has appointed thirty five black women.
Speaker 1: As judges nationwide.
Speaker 8: Of all of the judges he has appointed, thirty five percent of them have been African Americans.
Speaker 1: Thirty five percent of all the judges.
Speaker 8: Do you understand the importance of having judges who look like us, who would be simply a little bit more fairer when hearing these cases from making these ruling That's a major contribution that this man has made to us. Now, listen, I know y'all sick of this election mess already because it was just four years ago. But we are up against the y'all, and they are going to play on our fatigue and they are going to play with our disillusionment in government.
Speaker 1: But it ain't cause of the Biden administration.
Speaker 8: While y'all sitting up here trying to point out what they ain't done, have you ever thought about what they have done? Have you ever thought that black wealth is up sixty percent? It's the largest increase for Black Americans on record today did you know that that's under.
Speaker 1: The Biden administration.
Speaker 8: Remember when Trump was running in he was talking about all this infrastructure stuff. He was gonna do air porch, planes, trains. He did not pass a one single thing, not a one. Black small businesses are booming. Black business ownerships have more than double since the pandemic. That's under the Biden administration. So while y'all talking about what they ain't, have y'all taken notice of what they are.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 8: Man, y'all need to quit looking at social media for your news and start going and find out some of these facts. Get off TikTok and YouTube and ig Biden falling on the bike, Biden old Trump, old two. Trump's ass is old too, and he's immoral. Biden don't have to pay off no holes. Biden ain't paying off strippers and porno stars. Biden ain't in tax trouble. Bien ain't lied to the banks over three hundred and eighty million dollars in fraudulent loans. Biden ain't done none of this. But y'all go sit up here and let this man get back in the office again because you think he cool. Donald Trump ain't cool. Donald Trump is for Donald Trump. Y'all make me sick with this mess. Man. So since we always talking about, let me point out something else to you. Do you know that under the Biden administration that he has taken action to address student loan debt and has forgiven over one hundred and thirty six billion in debt relief that's under his administration. Do you know that that Trump administration trying.
Speaker 1: To take that back? Do you understand are y'all gonna sit up here?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 8: Do you understand that black people have enrolled in the healthcare fifty percent more from twenty twenty to twenty twenty two that started with Obamacare, the Healthcare Act, the one that they said they was gonna repeal and replace Obamacare. Do you know how many y'all wouldn't have insurance today? Man, y'all need to wake up. Stop this here. Now, let me get to this point right here. They are trying to remove.
Speaker 1: Us and take us out of history books.
Speaker 8: See, white folks don't want you talking about slavery because it reminds them of how foul and evil their forefathers are and how they continue to practice some of those same practices. But now we have to remember a part of our history too. How many of us died for us to have the right to vote. Now those of us are sitting about, sitting out here, talking about staying home. So now you're gonna help them erase our history. Have you not forgotten how many of us died so we could vote. Now you're gonna stay your ass at home and ignore the sacrifices of our ancestors and what our ancestors had to do.
Speaker 1: Ay home and vote. Why because you tied? Why because it?
Speaker 8: And God on your naves, Because you don't believe in politics no more.
Speaker 1: This is the system we got, man. I'll tell you what they believe in politics.
Speaker 8: They believe in politics so much that because they are the Republican Party, they gonna vote for their party line. And they don't give a damn that the person they're putting in office is immrally corrupt, that he'd done broke the law, that he's been found guilty, that he'd almost ruined these black girls' lives down here, him and the talking about they were part of this fraudulent behavior and almost ruined this black family down here, had to pay that system and her mama all that money, and they still suffering y'all act like y'all don't remember, man, what history is, but keep on because they know what history is. That's why they want to take us out to history books. But now you're gonna help them by not voting. So we're gonna ignore the fact that people of our ancestors who gave up their lives so we could vote.
Speaker 1: Y'all, I know you're tired of it.
Speaker 8: I know you're sick of it, but we got to get to the polls again, and we got to stop this foolishness because we're bigger than that.
Speaker 1: We won the election last time and we can do it again.
Speaker 8: Politics ain't perfect, but somebody on that poll should not be president. Hey, I think you know who it is. Those are my closal remarks.
Speaker 4: See for all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show