Speaker 1: So as both of you probably know, I can't do math numbers and I do not get along at all. A calculated is a real thing, and my brain just does not do math. You put numbers in front of me and it swims around like Percy Jackson.
Speaker 2: Now, I remember you had a brilliant invention back in the nineties. Do you remember your invention that you want to know? I want to know, very simple and you probably would have made a lot of money before phones were invented or calculators. Yeah, no, no, you wanted to do remember do you remember you were like, why don't restaurants have you know, because every restaurant has the the bill like the billfold that, why don't you sell a will fold with a calculating calculators?
Speaker 3: Like that's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: I was gonna call it a will fold, thank you very much, which would have been brilliant, and that's still trademarked. But occasionally something mathematical pops up that intrigues me and is very strange. Have either of you ever heard of capri cars constant?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Capricr's constant is any four digit number you pick, no matter how random the number is as long as two of the numbers are different. So like you can't pick one one one one, but you can pick one one one zero as long as two of the numbers are different. If you take any random number, then you take that number and you rewrite it in order of descending numbers.
Speaker 3: So I wrote it down. So for instance, if I started with three and.
Speaker 4: Fifty eight, okay, three five eight, if.
Speaker 1: You then write it eight seven five three, so in descending order as you're going, okay, okay, then you reverse that number, so three five seven eight, and you subtract it from the first number.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: So seven three five eight becomes eight seven five three minus three five seven eight, because you've taken that number eight seven five three, and you reversed it and you subtract it from itself.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Capricar's constant found out in nineteen forty was a mathematician in nineteen forty. No matter what number you start with, no matter how random you think it is, you always get to six, one hundred and seventy four. I've now done this thirty times over the weekend. And no matter what four digits you start with, no matter how random they are.
Speaker 3: You always end up with six, one hundred and seventy four.
Speaker 4: I did not know there would be math this morning.
Speaker 3: I know it's fun though, in the kind of way. But what if you're starting with hold on, if you're.
Speaker 2: Starting with one, one thousand and two hundred, like okay, and you go ahead, there you go.
Speaker 3: You just picked it one thousand, two hundred, okay.
Speaker 5: So when you one, you want to change to zero zero.
Speaker 4: So now you write two starting zero.
Speaker 3: One one hundred one zero zero, And then you're saying it's going to end up being six thousand when I subtract something from it.
Speaker 1: When you then subtract, you'll get another number. You do it again, you subtract, you get another number, You do it again. Eventually you always get to six thousand, one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 5: Way, you have to keep subtracting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you have to keep you keep going.
Speaker 4: So it feels like chem trails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is here's for instance, what I started with, So the eight seven five to three, then I got five thousand, one hundred and seventy five. Okay, So I did it again, seven five y five to one. I got five thousand, nine ninety four. You keep going, so one, two, three, four, five, six down. I ended up with six thousand, one hundred and seventy four. Sometimes it takes three times, sometimes it takes eight times. Sometimes it takes four times, but you always end up with six and seventy four.
Speaker 4: You just held up a notebook that looked like a Unibomber manifesto.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's not that.
Speaker 2: But if you just have to keep doing something to reach something, doesn't it kind of.
Speaker 1: Like that you'd always randomly reach the same for random we're actually working to get to the same thing. Eight ones. That didn't add up again. But it doesn't matter what you start with. That's the randomness. If you, like you said, you start with twelve hundred, or you start seven hundredatives right.
Speaker 2: You're talking about getting so I started with twelve hundred. I'm going to get into No, you wouldn't mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you reverse to do it.
Speaker 4: I don't care if this takes forty five minutes. I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: I want to keep twelve hundred twelve hundred zero zero two one zero zero now reverse it, so zero zero to one, okay, So you take I've got my nineteen seventies calculator.
Speaker 4: Okay, subtract zero zero one to two from two to one zero one hundred huh minus.
Speaker 3: Minus twenty one, because that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 5: You end up.
Speaker 1: It should be tw elf right, you reverse, you reverse it, so two one zero zero one two corecting the reverse hang on a second zero zero one zero zero, and then you reverse it one two zero.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, it's twelve hundred. Excuse me, you're right. It's because you reverse it one two zero.
Speaker 4: Zero twelve hundred. I thought it's zero zero one.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're right, you're it's early. You're right, it's no, it's zero zero two zero zero two one.
Speaker 5: You know what you could use right now? A will fold, A willfold with hell.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, it's so twelve hundred one zero zero reversed is zero zero one two.
Speaker 3: Correct? Right, So there you guys.
Speaker 2: One of the main reasons I chose Columbia College is they don't do university.
Speaker 5: They do not have a math requirement. Science requirement, but no math requirement.
Speaker 3: There's no math requirement at all.
Speaker 5: No, you have to have you have to.
Speaker 3: It's everyone tasty school. We talked to test exactly.
Speaker 2: You cannot graduate from from Colombia without being able to swim, or.
Speaker 5: You know, you can get a special like you know, if I still.
Speaker 4: Need to understand, we have we just we're going to subtract twelve from twenty one hundred.
Speaker 1: Correct, twenty one hundred minus twelve equals two thousand.
Speaker 4: Eighty eight eighty eight eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then you reverse.
Speaker 1: So then now in's do the descending order again eight eight zero are eight eight to two zero and then reverse it zero to eight.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many listeners are having a panic attack right now, like they all they wanted was to go back to the nineties for Boy Meets World and instead they're having a math class.
Speaker 3: It's just zero. And then there's like.
Speaker 2: Our ten percent listeners who are actual mathematicians and scientists out there who are like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Ten percent, Wow, you're going to percentage out. Okay, percent is a large percentage of our population.
Speaker 3: People that work in like medicine or.
Speaker 2: No, okay, maths, you're right, but like scientists, like people who actually use math on the dealer.
Speaker 4: Basis addition and subtraction. Yeah, you're right, it probably is ten percent.
Speaker 3: People have to.
Speaker 2: Use Actually to accountant, you have to use no map. There's lots of jobs out.
Speaker 5: There that require math.
Speaker 3: You guys keep talking, I'm just gonna keep doing the numbers.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm obsessed with this. This is truly wonderful and I love that. He was like, listen, you guys know I'm not good at math, but let me tell you about this thing. And then had we spent we had to spend a minute and a half talking about what the reverse of.
Speaker 3: Two exactly two? This is what I'm a calculia is a real thing.
Speaker 4: So then maybe you shouldn't teach us about maybe you just stick to history.
Speaker 3: So what does this mean?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What is?
Speaker 6: What is?
Speaker 3: That's the question?
Speaker 1: That's what question for cars? Constant help you solve or do for me? I think that maybe there's no such thing as random. As much as you would think that everything's random, there's actually some sort of a pattern even in the randomness, which would be kind of fractal geometry, I guess, but it's there's something interesting.
Speaker 3: I just thought that was it's like, no matter what you start with.
Speaker 1: So wait, I'm at nine to nine six three minus three six nine nine equals six two.
Speaker 4: Six four, Okay, right close?
Speaker 3: Six four to two minus two again. Sometimes it takes a while discuss amongst yourself.
Speaker 5: Did you know that if you take any episode of Boy Meets World and you subtract the advertisements, you you always get twenty two minutes.
Speaker 4: YEA, sure, sometimes it's twenty one minutes and twenty seven seconds, but.
Speaker 3: It's all I can't wait.
Speaker 2: How long our scripts were at the beginning of the week, You're right, sub the same.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we get fifty five page scrip.
Speaker 5: Fifty five page script? What were the longest scripts? Do you guys remember?
Speaker 4: I mean Goli World had some that were fifty eight pages sixty But yeah, it would be get one and we'd be like, yeah, it'd be on, it'd be this big weeks it down ago. Here we go, we have to tour, we have to trim half of this.
Speaker 3: Do we should seven six?
Speaker 1: Well, you've eventually end up with seven six four to one minus one four six seven for six one seven four you always get to six thousand, one hundred and seventy four. And that was starting with writers twelve hundred.
Speaker 2: What was Caapricard doing, like, you know, like he was a mathematician, he was doing an understand.
Speaker 3: But like, how do you decide it's.
Speaker 1: Uh, the same way these people on Instagram make these new kind of fangled dinners that my wife will have me look at. Where it's like who decided to take Sarachimeo and Oreos and make something out of it? The Universe Rider it's chaos, well, but it's not. It's all six and seventy four.
Speaker 4: Welcome to pod meets Capricorn's Constant or whatever it was called. Danielle offishal Capricorns.
Speaker 3: I'm right strong and I'm Wilfredell.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have an I have a little pre show note here.
Speaker 1: The O. J.
Speaker 4: Simpson jersey that we talked about, Was it o J? Simpson?
Speaker 3: Was it not?
Speaker 1: O J?
Speaker 4: Simpson? Easton super fan Easton Allen found a moment sometime, super fan of lots of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Found a moment in season two episode fifteen. Breaking up is really really hard to do. That does prove the number is thirty two. And this would have been taped this one from season two episode fifteen would have been taped like deep into the trial. Yes, and we have a picture of that's.
Speaker 5: The Old Man episode exactly else.
Speaker 4: So we have a picture of Okay, you can see there it is.
Speaker 3: That's really O J. Simpsons?
Speaker 4: Then we have been this picture over here, the thing that very clearly looks like a jersey, So yeah, it moved so that it could be featured.
Speaker 3: God was it an OJ reference?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: It also looks autographed? And that one does on the left, does it looks autographed?
Speaker 5: By the way, just scene now seen isolated?
Speaker 2: That uh, pinball brings back so many memories like, yeah, just that that helmet is that a real pinball game?
Speaker 4: Is that one I mentioned to you was worth like thirty seven hundred dollars or something?
Speaker 5: Wow? Just seeing it brings back so many memories.
Speaker 1: I wonder if what's worth more that or an autographed OJ jersey that.
Speaker 5: Was on the set of Boy Meets Were World throughout the nineties. Jeez.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I thought that was I thought that was pretty interesting. So I don't know when we we get six one seven four.
Speaker 3: That's what it means.
Speaker 4: Eventually you get it.
Speaker 2: Eventually we do have to try from someone from art department because we have not had any art department on our show, and we need and prime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: Art department is everybody? So yeah, we got to bring them all like set Deck, who was our product.
Speaker 3: We've talked about Mark Papson so much on this on this podcast.
Speaker 2: It seems like we have to get amazing.
Speaker 5: And then Hector, remember Hector the lst.
Speaker 3: Of course, he'd always wear the vest he had.
Speaker 1: I remember, he had everything on him all the time, to the point where we would go and we would test him, don't you remember, And we'd be like, all right, paper clips and you boom where we go white at boom bullets. He's like, oh here, yes, it's right here. Anything you needed he had there. I'm sure the fake prop ones, but it was anything you needed the guy had on him.
Speaker 3: It was inside.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, let's jump into our recap. We are here to talk about season four, episode eight, Dangerous Secret. It originally aired November eighth, nineteen ninety six. The synopsis Corey walks in on Sean to find that he has a girl staying at his trailer. When Shawn needs Corey to allow Claire to stay at his house, he is forced to tell Corey that Claire's father beats her. It was directed by Jeff McCracken. It was written by Jeff Sherman and guest starring just one person, Arianna Richards. As Claire Ferguson.
Speaker 5: She is the only guest star.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: She is a legendary child actress who played Lex in Jurassic Park and the Lost World sequel and Mindy in Tremors. She has since retired from acting and she is a painter. Mm hmm, what do you guys? What were your overall thoughts memory?
Speaker 5: Will loved this episode.
Speaker 2: I am positive this is probably his favorite. You probably probably all time best boy MIT's world. As far as Will, it's.
Speaker 4: Too serious, focused on a person we're never going to see again. I love a smile. What's the episode's whatever? The thoughts?
Speaker 3: Will? I thought it was amazing. I thought it was amazing. That was a great episode. I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I thought this was this is absolutely what every quote unquote very special episode should be like, because it's a very special episode without it being a very special episode. She killed it. I thought the acting was great. I thought it was a great storyline.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought you would hate it because it really isn't funny, Like there's almost no humor.
Speaker 1: It's not this one's not supposed to be. That's why it's the quote unquote very special episode. And when you come in with something like that, when it's when it is uh, the and this is a reference you guys won't get at all. But when it is the different strokes with the bike shop, it's not supposed to be funny totally.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the point. And so no, it was.
Speaker 2: And this was written by by Jeff Sherman and he was called special Jeff, yes, because it always do the special special episodes because he started with the Fugitive and and it's amazing. I mean I remember being called into Michael's office to be pitched this episode by Michael and Jeff because they were like, you want to.
Speaker 5: Do an episode about this? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: And like I remember just looking at Jeff and Jeff being like, yeah, I think this is really important that we do.
Speaker 1: That's nice that they brought you in and said we do a very special episode and not brought you in and said, hey, we're writing one where you're fat.
Speaker 4: Thanks right node the ones I had.
Speaker 2: I'm not even sure why they called me in exactly. I guess maybe because you.
Speaker 4: Were so cool. They wanted to make sure they had your approval, right, They wanted to make sure you were like, I'm on board with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is interesting, like why and also why is it? It's it's interesting that it's Sean's relationship, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, did you like it, Daniel?
Speaker 4: I did? I really liked it. Yeah, I thought it was I thought it was great. I thought, you know, as as special episodes tend to do, I definitely got emotional. I loved the scene with Betsy and Rusty. Oh my gosh, the scene with Betsy and Rusty and you and Ben at the end right episode.
Speaker 3: And Ben is great. Ben is great in this episode.
Speaker 1: He goes it goes from one thing where you think it's going to be about him just wanting sex or moving that forward to that then becoming a completely different Thinganelle.
Speaker 5: You're great in this episode.
Speaker 2: A freaky set of scenes you have, Yeah, and like to not come across as you know, like there's a version where Tapanga is like either being too.
Speaker 4: Mean to Cory or dismissive or.
Speaker 2: Like just like judge of him, and instead it's like it's a really it's a balancing act, and you guys do well in those great they're weird scenes and they're not as funny as I think they were.
Speaker 5: Intended to be in some ways, right, that's okay, like you know, it's it.
Speaker 4: I think there was. I think there was a balance there too. You also can't make light too much of those scenes because then you have a big joke machine about somebody pushing somebody else in a way where there maybe they're not comfortable, and you're like, well, now we're making light of something that it really is a very sensitive topic for teens. So I thought everything about this episode was handled very well. You're right that it isn't a joke machine episode. And I really liked writer. I thought you same thing for you. A bunch of tricky scenes where either you could have come across like a know it all you know, like I'm I'm a teenager who knows everything and everybody's got to listen to me, but really there was none of that. It felt very much like you also didn't know, and you were comfortable saying you didn't know. All you knew was that for right now, you needed to protect this girl and you were going to do it in this way and day, one day at a time. Which yeah, and.
Speaker 1: This to me I also thought was the quintessential episode of how you watch it one way when you're younger and another way when you're an adult.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when you're that age, it is like, no, I can protect my friend.
Speaker 3: I can do.
Speaker 1: When you're an adult, you're in there yelling at the screen, call the police. This is too big a seekert for you to keep. But it's so different when you're watching it as a young person.
Speaker 2: But I also watching it now having you know, been through the whole rest of Boybet's world and heard the like potential that Chet was abusive to Sean or Di abusive to Verna at one point, like the fact that Sean is so keyed in on this girl and protecting her is really there's a subtext there, Yeah, that Sean's the person who knows like Corey has no clue, right, Corey's like do do do? Like normal kid in everyday life, and Sean's the one who has the radar, who's like, no, no, no, I need to take care of this girl. And that is like that was something I don't remember talking about or like knowing, but you can feel it in Shawn's character that he is like, I need to save this person. I don't know how because I don't have the tools yet I'm not an adult, but I need to be there for this person in a way that is like kind of intense, right like, And in retrospect, it seems like the writers were already you know, whether Sean had been abused or not, he just is tapped into family situations that are not healthy and he is like he is the one who can sort of be there for this. I thought that was really cool and like that came across and yeah, got me very emotional.
Speaker 1: I also think the trailer park was using I got so much they say, the kids say, ish, I just say for the last that the Verna fishing for Verna, where you know, I felt the balance was off. It seemed like a weird Boy Meets World episode to me, where this used the trailer park but still felt grounded in Boy Mets World.
Speaker 3: We were still going back to the house.
Speaker 1: We were still still Corey's story, and that was It was really nice to see Corey kind of driving the story again this week as well.
Speaker 3: It was a good balance I thought all the way around. Very good episode.
Speaker 2: So somebody that I kept thinking about and like I want to talk about with you guys, and maybe now's not the time, but I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, Like, isn't it weird?
Speaker 2: This could never exist anymore, this episode, this type of episode doesn't happen anymore, Like we no longer you no longer have sitcoms that veer into this territory because everything has its lane now, Like you go to multi camera sitcoms for comedy. If they were to stray from that now, that would be like a betrayal of the audience, because audiences now pick their content, whereas back then it was just the format that was on on television at night, and so there was more power within the show itself to sort of stretch the form or test it or push it and to do things like this, like really take a risk. But back then sitcoms would do this often. They would be like, this week is gonna just be a completely different thing within the within the format. We're still gonna you know, we're not gonna break the rules of multi camera with an a live audience, but we're gonna like go somewhere really interesting. Like that doesn't happen anymore. And I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's super interesting that this specifically, this type of episode would never exist.
Speaker 4: Nowadays, Yeah, we got bring it back, so we can do it. I agree, because I love it. I love it well.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I think what's what's lost in that is that there were definitely children who this spoke to so many families. You know, you just statistically there are abuse. There is abuse going on all the time in families, and so for kids to be watching a children's television show that's supposed to be fun and entertaining with their family and you know, potentially with their parents with their abuser, to be able to see a show that contextualizes that and says you go to the police, you reach out for help. That is so powerful. That is such an amazing thing that like.
Speaker 5: Couldn't happen nowadays, I don't think, because.
Speaker 3: I think it can happen again.
Speaker 1: What you have to do is by this point in season four, we'd earned our audience and we'd earn their trust. There are Yeah, by that point, they're going to come with us, and I think you can get that back again. I think it's I think when when you've got again, like if we can bring back the family sit calm once people come, then you can kind.
Speaker 3: Of do episodes like this again home Improvement did stuff like this.
Speaker 1: You know, Jonathan Taylor Thomas's did an episode where they thought he had had cancer, and I mean there was like all these things.
Speaker 3: I think the sitcom.
Speaker 5: Used to do this.
Speaker 2: He used to veer into these territories regularly because they could. But I just don't know if that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think we can do it.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, well, let's jump into our recap. We start in the trailer park. Corey has got bags full of groceries. As he kicks on Sean's trailer door, the light turns on. Seawan appears, You've got a cool like hieroglyphics tea on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just terrible hair.
Speaker 3: It's the middle of the night. It's supposed to be my hair.
Speaker 2: In this whole episode, I was like, what happened? Like I had gotten a haircut and I don't know. Laurie wasn't straightened in a something something off.
Speaker 4: Something something off was like whoa, I did not notice? So uh. Sean wants to know what Corey's doing there, and Corey says, my best friend's sick. Be his folks are out of town. I just thought i'd drop by and check on you. He pushes past Sean and sets his bags down in the kitchen, and I thought where where? And Verna out of town? Like are they on a cruise? Where they go?
Speaker 1: Did anybody else notice also that all of that stuff could have fit in one bag? Did you need to bring all three bags that had at the bottom all.
Speaker 4: So we could just charge right past him?
Speaker 2: So what I remember about filming this episode is the weirdness of the exterior trailer park being a separate set than the interior trailer because you had to do two different sets, so we had like around like back by Craft Service, we had built the exterior trailer park which has like just a little glimpse into this interior SETI is not actually the trailer And I just remember it being so weird because then we would shoot like outside and then have to go to another set on the other set.
Speaker 4: Of repo reposition, all the cameras, everything down. So he ended up shooting that little and that little entrance fifteen times exactly and then going into the real scene.
Speaker 5: That's like literally all I remember about filming this episode.
Speaker 3: It was like in my mind, I was like, why were well place?
Speaker 4: Because then later Corey leaves and then comes out of those right right, And of course we probably shot it where all the exteriors were shot back to back to avoid full repos down across stage.
Speaker 3: That was done on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: These little mini mini scenes.
Speaker 3: I don't think we shot this in front of a live audience.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Episode doesn't feel like an audience episode because then again, the scenes that would have been in front of the audience were like the bedroom scenes.
Speaker 3: Which the whole way, yeah, you wouldn't want to do the bedroom. I think they pulled the audience.
Speaker 5: I don't think. I think so.
Speaker 4: It makes sense, definitely, probably we probably camera blocked this entire week. So Corey has brought over a few little sundryes for him. What a thoughtful friend. Sean jokingly asks, you didn't bring me any flowers, and then Corey pulls out a mini bouquet. I did. I just didn't know if it was appropriate. Sean tells him it's not. Then he fake coughs and says he's really tired and he needs to do to sleep.
Speaker 2: The beginning of the like col Sean bromance, like the real like it is right, like because we haven't self consciously made jokes like I didn't think it was appropriate, but I did do it.
Speaker 3: Like have we done that yet?
Speaker 5: Well, There's and Sean are acting like lovers but.
Speaker 4: Right, but they're like not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: In some ways, I feel like this is maybe the first one that's really on the nose, like I brought you flowers but in the But with that said, I also feel like that's kind of like one of the things I remember that I loved so much is when you were telling Corey to hold your hand the way he was holding to Pega's hand the cans and then somebody walks in and you guys aren't embarrassed that you guys have been so in some sense, this feels like the very first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the first like self conscious, like we're kind of treating each other like like we're in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: And this is going to be like an ongoing joke like this the next three years.
Speaker 4: This love it as to Pengo would say, my whole life. So he fake coughs and says he's really tired, he needs to get some sleep. He tells Corey he's contagious. So Corey gets ready to leave. I'll just plug in the humidifire, and be on my way. As Corey makes his way to Shawn's bedroom, a girl walks out into the living room, where wearing Sean's robe. Corey looks at her Claire, then turns to his best friend Sean. I'm assuming Claire is a school friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've said they've that.
Speaker 1: By the way that Corey says her name, yeah, they do. With that one way he says that they've set up. Okay, she's from school, they know her.
Speaker 3: It's simple.
Speaker 4: This is nitpicky, but I kind of wish somewhere that could have been mentioned because I assume this is someone because we've never seen her, the audience has never seen her at school before. I assumed this was another girl who lives in the trailer park. And then later when she comes out of the trailer and they're having this conversation, you're not going to tell anybody, I was like, you're hiding her in.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: I didn't know so I and it didn't bother me so much that it changed the way I felt about the episode. But I kind of just wish it would have been casually mentioned somewhere that, like we see her in the halls, and she goes to school with us. I don't know, it was just something later I'm talking to.
Speaker 3: Her, Yeah later, But yes, you're an established.
Speaker 5: Without it being a shock that there was a girl in the trailer room.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the other thing though, which is which is something that was interesting. So in the last couple of trailer scenes, there's clearly a rollaway bed that is tucked up against the wall, which is Sean's bed. So you figure they have the parents have a bedroom, and then Sean sleeps on the roll away probably there in the living.
Speaker 3: Room where they have set up.
Speaker 1: Never noticed that, ye roll away bed right there when when he walks in. So if she's walking out of the bedroom and it's night and the rollaway bed isn't set up, then they are in fact sharing a bed.
Speaker 3: She It could be completely platonic.
Speaker 5: But I just assumed there were two bedrooms back there in the room and the parents room.
Speaker 1: I think they've set it up where there's only one, because again, the rollaway bed was pretty prominent in the last couple episodes.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: Interesting either way, this is a cool story point, Like, I love this idea. It seems a little early like, right, we're fifteen, we're fifteen, which also.
Speaker 5: Which is the point, I guess, but like.
Speaker 4: But also, how are we fifteen and in eleventh grade?
Speaker 3: So we were your juniors? Yeah you should be six.
Speaker 4: They had a whole what grade are you in? Eleven?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How are we fifteen and in eleventh grade? I was seventeen in eleven?
Speaker 3: See a sure house, right, yeah, it's whatever it has.
Speaker 1: But you're right, Well, the other thing you put people don't know is everyone on Boy Meets World was held.
Speaker 3: Back for being stupid.
Speaker 4: We're not even the really smartest telling.
Speaker 3: You that's Sagittarius is constant.
Speaker 4: A writer, I like this as a point too as well, then you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's it just feels like even in the whole storyline with Corey with you felt like, God, we're young to be even having But you know, I guess that's realistic. That's pretty I think it is pretty realistic. Well, especially then because yeah, that no, then it was.
Speaker 4: The topic of conversation about are you are you thinking about it? Have you done it? Uh huh? That is probably basically exactly where Corey is. Corey is probably the quote unquote norm for that time has a girlfriend's been making out with her, is starting to think about what's the next step. And and for Sean, the whole point of it is that Corey is like, what, You're already there? How are you there? And I'm way back here. So it kind of is the point is that, Wow, that's early, but I'm really late apparently, you know, for Corey, I need to move on.
Speaker 3: Since we're discussing this now.
Speaker 1: I was going to bring this up in the next scene, but I have an honest question, and I'm not trying to make light.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly asking.
Speaker 1: Do you think by the time Corey and Tipanga got married they had only kissed.
Speaker 5: Get as sick as you can get without actually dying.
Speaker 1: That's you, right, right, But that's but he's you know, he's got to let me touch something and all that stuff, and that I mean, do you think they literally went from kissing to married nothing in between?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I do know that way later, when when we're like in the college episodes, because I've seen I've seen the meme of it, there is a scene where uh, I say something like I showed him my butt, Okay, so that would that would also imply something happened, so that would or just truly that I showed him my butt, in which case he has never seen my butt, right, which I then would assume means we just went from kissing kissing marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, again, no no judgment, just just curious if that's how if that's how they were playing it, like they had never fooled around.
Speaker 3: They just kissed and then they got married.
Speaker 4: Yep, I don't. I really don't know. I had not thought about it too much, but.
Speaker 3: That's all I think about.
Speaker 5: It's all I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I get very uncomfortable thinking about teenage sex lives, even though they were like kind of ours in a weird way.
Speaker 4: It's so bizarre we had them, yeah, or we didn't have them, depending on who were.
Speaker 3: As a late I totally I was a late bloomer. I totally totally get that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I really do. I completely was. But I was just curious if they went from extreme to extreme.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I mean we did get married at eighteen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, right, you know you have to wait exactly wait, and it was never.
Speaker 3: Explicitly religious, right, Like it was never like a we're waiting.
Speaker 4: For I didn't even say, the universe wants me to wait.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: It was just my my decision. Yeah, yeah, I don't know it was. It was just as she was waiting for marriage.
Speaker 3: I hear Michael Jacobs.
Speaker 1: I hear Michael Jacobs read after you said, the universe want of Ben going, but the universe wants us naked like something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then we cut to commercial with some surf rock strings, and then we're back at the trailer park. Corey is quickly leaving, and Shawn chases after him. He doesn't have to leave. Corey admits, like, I'm not embarrassed enough me and my mentha lateam. If he had plans like this, he says, Sean could have just told him. Sean asks Corey to just trust him about this. Then Claire walks out and begs Corey, you won't tell anyone I was here, will you? He admits, normally I would have told Sean, but he already knows unless he's just a complete idiot. And then we got a nice little laugh from writer Slash Sean. Corey takes off just as Sean puts his arm around Claire and assures her she can trust Corey, I like this too. This, I like this element of it, which is like, this is the you're good with this person. You don't have to worry about this. This person is trustworthy.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And then we're into Chubbies. Sean and Corey are studying a rare occasion on this show, but Corey is furiously tapping his pencil, staring at Sean accusingly. Sean gets the hint. Yes, Corey blurts out, We've always told each other everything, and Sean quickly cuts him off, telling him to let it go. Corey emphasizes, you and a girl spent the night together without me. Sean tells him this isn't something you just talk about. Corey continues, Is it because you've moved up to a higher level of intimacy with women and I'm still walking around with my address in my pocket? Sean says, it is a tough address. Three to two one.
Speaker 1: Wrote that down three two one, okay, two one something something somewhere Vennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Where everyone's either from the south, from New York.
Speaker 3: From New York, or from down South. Everybody's side yard is a backyard. We're at three two one something.
Speaker 4: Sean tells him not to do anything just because of him. But Corey emphasizes me and to Panga have been going out since like the day I was born, and all we've done is.
Speaker 5: Kiss already that myth maker.
Speaker 4: First reading revision probably or one of them. Yeah yeah, I think he tells Sean it's time they take it to the next step, and Sean hesitantly says okay, and then Corey awkwardly asks, so what is the next step? And then we're in the Matthews living room. Corey is practicing for his big night with Tapanga, carrying a cheese tray.
Speaker 2: I love that he's dressed like a forty five year old man too, with a Boardard's sake, the flowers.
Speaker 1: I know, but this is also still my favorite Corey. Oh yeah, nervous but trying. It's like a false confidence kind of Corey talking to himself as he's coming down the stairs, and it's still my favorite Cory.
Speaker 4: I also love that this feels very much like a season one episode in the sense that Corey feels like everyone else understands the world. How does everyone what to do? I am just floundering, Like I love that. I think it's so good. So by the way, these are the same flowers he brought for Sean. They're in a different vase, but I did want to point out they are. I think they're yellow Dahlia's.
Speaker 3: But he's regifting's.
Speaker 4: They're either the exact same or he just bought quite a.
Speaker 3: Buquet.
Speaker 5: He did not know the secret.
Speaker 1: Of the way.
Speaker 4: He didn't know. No, I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: No. I love that he's like practicing the coat thing, like could take your coat or whatever. And then that pays off when he takes exactly Claire's coat, and I was like, such a.
Speaker 4: Jeff Sherman touch little ribbon, you know. So yep, Corey is saying to himself, Hello, may I take your coat? You like my outfit? What these old things? Then the doorbell rings and Corey continues to practice his dialogue. He opens the door to Tapanga and recites his opening line, Hello, may I take your coat now?
Speaker 5: Danielle?
Speaker 2: You seemed so tiny when that door opened. Did you strike you, guys, how small you are? It was just your whole existence. It was like you are so like tiny, You're thin and little, Like my god, you.
Speaker 4: Are small this whole time. So I'm I'm now only still five to one, and I don't think I was too much shorter, but I may have only been five feet Like, that's a that's a.
Speaker 3: Tiny Did you weigh seventy I weighed.
Speaker 4: I weighed nine either ninety six or ninety eight pounds.
Speaker 3: Geez, you just.
Speaker 2: Look like shot the door open, and your face looks very much you you actually look in this episode for one of the first time you you really look. And also the faces you make to Corey. I kept being like, oh, that's Dan Danielle making me sort of like kind of knowing mature. It was like it was cool, but like at this moment, I was like, you are a child. Yeah, I guess maybe because it's set up in this like sexual date thing. And then to open the door, I was like, no.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: Doesn't help that they put me in like a baby pink car. Again, like they.
Speaker 3: Dressed her very probably smart.
Speaker 4: It was the way to Penga has been dressing, has been dressing with tied up shirts and skin to little pants, and then she comes over here and she's got like a baby pink cardigan on.
Speaker 3: Well, you're undercover from your seventies' spy team, so.
Speaker 4: Exactly right to know that's exactly right, So she points out that she's not wearing a coat, probably because I can't act in a jacket and without hesitation, and robotically he responds, ah, you like my out. She asks if he's okay, and he finishes his dialogue in despair. What these old things? So cute? Asks Cory what he wants to do tonight, and he says they can go see a movie, grab a burger, or just go up to his room and just you know. She asks what they do in his room, and he wonders if she's seen his new CD changer. She reminds him she was there when he bought it.
Speaker 5: He explains, all right, let's let's talk about CD changers. Can we just have a it's a CD changer? Do you remember your CD?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 5: This was the biggest thing that I bought when I was a teenager. Okay, go go go.
Speaker 4: You tell when I booked my first ever job that commercial.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 4: My mom said, I'm gonna let you take five hundred dollars and by anything you want. And I spent four hundred and ninety nine dollars on a five disc.
Speaker 3: The table ones, yes, and it's spent, you know, and it's.
Speaker 4: Spun, put it on and they spin around and it had knobs to adjust. Oh, it was glorious.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then I remember in the car will did you have one in your car too? Like the mask ten disc magazine that went in the in the trunks you had to loaded before you went on a road trip.
Speaker 3: You loaded with the tents and road trucks.
Speaker 4: You loaded that before you went to CVS.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Sure, But then.
Speaker 5: But then I went big.
Speaker 2: When I was seventeen and I had my own apartment, I got a hundred CD changer.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember these?
Speaker 3: It was the norm? Was it a den on? It was like, yeah, it was dead. It was.
Speaker 4: It was a giant interchange of CD. Again.
Speaker 3: Oh, I kept the thing until two thousand and three, two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: This was just it was a jukebox. I had a jukebox at my house. It was the greatest.
Speaker 2: Oh, unless somebody left on a CD in there that I didn't want in there, and then like I'd hit random and uh, some awful song would come on you.
Speaker 4: I had one of those big CD books that you kept in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still have them.
Speaker 4: Still have a you had case logic? Of course you have the one that attached to your visor. You could pull down the visor because you know safe you want to pull down your visor and just slide a disco out and then be able to put it in there. But then you also have to have the big one where everybody can flip through it and pick their music seedyoud.
Speaker 5: You alphabetize it.
Speaker 3: Rider.
Speaker 1: Do you remember in my car, Daniel? You probably had never been what we're never in my car, but I don't right, it was I had the the the deck was a CD player, but I could pull it out and put in the tape player. You had to pull full stereo. So you pull out a stereo and put it under your seat and put in like the tape stereo and lock it into place. Crazy stuff. These kids do not know how good they happen.
Speaker 2: But by the way, this is not a CD changer in this episode, it's a boombox with.
Speaker 5: A one CD player. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: It doesn't it doesn't change.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: In the next scene, he ejects a tray which is a single tray CD player. Really, yes, we our show could not afford a CD changer. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: This is embarrassing.
Speaker 5: It's so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: I didn't even notice it, but I'm embarrassed. I'm posthumously embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should face it was either a turntable or a magazine that eats like a slide in, and neither one is true in this case. Our profit department, our proft department are We're amazing most of the time. But this they really let us.
Speaker 4: This was a fail.
Speaker 6: This was.
Speaker 4: He explains. The CD player is set up now, so they can go see it in his room. She says sure, and she starts to make her way upstairs, and quietly he quietly cheers himself on, but he walks back toward the couch. She asks if he's coming, and he snaps back to reality. Oh yeah, me. And then we're into the boy's bedroom. Welcome back, this comfortable set.
Speaker 5: It's nice too.
Speaker 1: It's like he was having a woman upstairs, so make sure it's all clean. And you don't ever see the other bed. Do you just see Corey's bed this time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Tepega walks into a room full of lit candles and joke and Uh jokingly asks if Corey's having a seance. He stutter, I love candles. The room is always like this. Then she notices a book on Corey's bed, loves Sonnets by Shelley. Corey gets nervous again. He loves poetry and her use of romantic imagery is very sensual. Tapega tells him that Shelley was a guy, and he drops the book, saying, yesh, because in the nineties it was embarrassing to like poetry by men.
Speaker 2: Is that like, Yeah, can't be erotic if it's an if a guy wrote it, it can't be erotic.
Speaker 4: Yes, But also if men write poetry, it's just in the nineties, that's no. She walks over to the CD player not a changer A and he she asks if they're going to play anything. He awkwardly explains that for the best sound, she'll need to sit over there. He motions to the bed. It has nothing to do with the bed. It just has to do with the placement of the speakers, in the placement of you on the She finishes bed. She sits and he joins her, and then turns on the CD player. It begins to play a children's song, something that someone much younger than Morgan would listen to. By the way, did she like ten at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it could still be left over.
Speaker 3: I could see that left He just he just bought the new CD changer.
Speaker 5: Right, so she would have had to have put it in.
Speaker 3: Specifically, have had to go on and say, like just trying forcing her.
Speaker 5: It's the parents.
Speaker 1: We don't know the dark side of Amy and Allen. They're just keeping their five.
Speaker 3: You're always gonna listen to Barney again.
Speaker 4: Good to Panga smiles. She used to listen to the song when she was a kid. Corey quickly gets up and ejects the CD, then throws it out the window. I was really hoping for a phoenix. I wanted him to be busy burying bodies in the backyard. But he didn't say anything, so he must be eating.
Speaker 2: It does come back, though, it does also.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is where I noticed a hat hanging on the wall in the back near the bed. It's a logo athletic Philadelphia Eagles splash snapback hat. It's a very specific looking at all. It is a very sought after vintage hat.
Speaker 5: More sought after than the OJ Simpson jersey sign jersey.
Speaker 4: But I will tell you that hat is available on eBay right now for four hundred dollars. Oh wow, so very very serious.
Speaker 2: It's you could have gotten a CD changer or that hat or that hat.
Speaker 4: What the time, that hat was probably only like twenty five dollars. I had that fan smarter investment, totally totally. He puts in a different CD and classical music starts to play. Topanga asks, that's really pretty. What is it? Corey admits, I don't know. It came with my mom's Volvo. Again, just lout great, best and then Topenga starts to kiss him. It's getting pretty hot and heavy, and then a man's voice cuts in, Welcome to the safe and Secure world Volvo ownership brilliant. He starts to describe the Volvo safety features, and Corey tells Topanga we should get that car, before swiftly changing the CD and then romantic music starts to play and the two goat to making out. A few seconds later, Corey fumbles around with the back of Tapanga's shirt.
Speaker 1: She said, yeah, this is where I was like, whoa, yeah, the shirt, it's I mean, yeah, do you remember shooting this at all a little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 1: By this point, you and Ben are totally comfortable that you've worked it all out, totally.
Speaker 4: Comfortable with each other. I don't remember there being any awkwardness. I also remember that I'm wearing like a tank top under my sweater, and that sweat that tank top was like tucked into my pants. So even if Ben, if the sweater got lifted too much, I don't even think you would have seen skin like I remember it being it feeling very very PG like I didn't and Ben and I were very comfortable with each other. And I also know I'm no ninety nine point nine to nine percent sure there was no audience, so there was no awkward feeling of like there being a bunch of people or you know, it was. It felt very safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, risk gay though, risk gay for boy meets wor Old on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: I know, look at us, She stops him Corey. He responds, yeah, it's me. She continues, What exactly did you think was going to happen here? Corey lies, Oh, you're talking to me like I planned this. She points out the bowl of grapes at the end of the bed. Defeated, he admits, I'm trying so hard here. She says to do what Corey says, Well, I just think we're old enough. Tapanga says, again, old enough to do what? And then he says, I think we're old enough like I just think we're old enough like Sean. And that's when I love that. Topanga gets a little bit more upset, and she says, what does Sean have to do with this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He then blurts out that Sean had a girl over last night that he hardly knows, but Corey and Tapanga have known each other their whole lives and that they love each other. He said we should be at like Ninth Base by now. Taffanga is visibly upset. Why so you can keep up with your buddy, Corey tells her no, he just thinks his buddy had a good idea. This time, Tapanga is bummed and she thinks she should probably go. Now Corey says, no, you stay, I'll go. I'm so pathetic. I'm throwing myself out, leaving Tapanga alone with the grapes.
Speaker 3: Good scene. I don't know what Ninth Base is.
Speaker 4: I don't either. He doesn't either. That's another thing. It doesn't exist. He doesn't know the basis right, it doesn't even I mean he had to ask Sean what comes after? Kissing. What do you do next? What's that? So he really doesn't know. And then we're at John Adams High. Sean and Claire are talking on a nearby bench as Topanga walks through the halls and greets Feoenie. Miss Laurence. Corey is slumped against his locker and says hi to Topanga and gets a very cold Corey. In response, Corey's sidebars with mister Phoene. She's obviously very busy, what with her classes and having to go to them. Phoene agrees, and eventually Corey shouts, are you blind in the eyes? Man? She hates me?
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Poenie admits I can see there's trouble in Paradise. Then he pulls something out of his pocket. On a happier note, this compact disc sailed into my living room last night and landed on.
Speaker 1: My wall, credenza, my wall.
Speaker 4: Costume jewels, Oh the best. Corey apologizes he was aiming for the moon. Feenie emphasizes he doesn't normally get involved in the personal affairs of his students, but the two of them are just so cute together.
Speaker 1: I thought this was going to be They were going to take it like a joke where FENI was going to say something like, oh, the two of you are so cute together, but.
Speaker 3: That's the thing he plays. It's so real.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, like, you guys are so cute together, and I just really wanted to work. And it's the thing that went through my head was Foeni knows everything, so he already knows they're going to end up together and get married. Yeah, he he knows everything, and he's like, you're so cute to get it was so such an I thought Bill was going to go one way with it. He went somewhere completely different and it was awesome. Yeah, it's very The lighter side of Phoenie was great.
Speaker 4: So Phoene asks what can I do? Corey says nothing. I'm not gonna come to her and she's not gonna come to me. Phoenie advises him that regardless of hurt feelings, he should keep the lines of communication open. Corey admits Phoenie does seem to know everything, so he'll try his little communication thing. Corey then walks over to Topanga and says, if what I did was out of line, I think we should be able to communicate. Tapega simply responds, I don't know what to say to you. Out of ideas, Corey whispers to Feenie, what else you got to which Phoene shakes his head in confusion and walks away. Tapega slams her locker shet and also walks away. Corey admits, on the upside, I can make everyone shake their head.
Speaker 5: It's just nice.
Speaker 4: Sean walks over, prompting and angry Corey. I hope you're happy. Sean's confused. I'm blown it with Tapanga and it's on your head. I made a move on Topanga and she got upset, like we're not supposed to be doing that, even though I told her that you had a girl spend the night at your place. Sean cuts him off. You told her about Claire.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Before before that, writer, you have a great beat the What and then yes, yes, let me get you know, let me get this, let me get let me get this straight what. That was a very good comedy beat.
Speaker 2: The which is also this scene is exactly when angry Corey is great, because it's like it's like he's self righteous in the worst possible way. We've seen why he feels this way. We were with him in that. We're like, oh man, everybody's upset with Corey. We don't, and yet he's made a mistake. He's put it, he's put himself in this position, so we're like rooting for him to get himself out. It's it's just great. And then like, yeah, that fact that Sean has, like that Corey has lived an entire television show without Sean knowing what is going on.
Speaker 4: Sean's like completely immediately you're talking about and next week, the following week, the trophy for school spirit is being awarded.
Speaker 1: There was a blood drive. Next week, somebody's getting a triple fat browy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, of.
Speaker 4: Course, of course, good good to know. So Corey sheepishly says yes, and Sean is furious. He promised he wouldn't tell anyone. Corey tells him it's just a panga, but Sean says, we're talking about trust, but you don't know what that means, do you. Also, Corey didn't mention Claire's name to tapanga.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that's weird with this, and it's all real, but it's weird.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's important.
Speaker 1: That's an important, no distinction, it is, but it's also your best friend doesn't tell you, doesn't have to say what's going on.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to specifically say she's getting.
Speaker 1: Beaten by her father. But Corey, there's nothing going on between the two of us. I promise you. She just needs to get out of her house for a little while. Something like that is all a best friend needs to say to his buddy to make sure that this doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: And then after.
Speaker 1: That, your buddies also got to know that it's kind of marriage. The way they've now revised Corey in Topanga, where if you tell Corey something you know, Topanga is gonna find out no, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: It's Corey.
Speaker 1: They've now set that up where it's like, if you tell somebody something your girlfriend, your longtime girlfriend's gonna ask Corey to trust you know, yea, without saying what it was.
Speaker 5: But I don't think I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Sean's holy right either. I'm just saying, like I can understand everybody's issues.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. No, I get it too, I get That's why I'm saying. It's very strange. You're getting everybody miscommunicated, is what I'm saying and yeah, it was very real betrayed, Like I mean, him deciding that it's that he's.
Speaker 3: Like deserves to go farther with Topanga because.
Speaker 1: Like Sean led him to believe, all he had to say was nothing happened. Sean did not dissuade him from the fact that he had slept with her, so had he just said, like they even have a conversation where he's like, don't do anything because of me. If he just added Corey, it's not what you think. Nothing happened between two of us. That's it's all you need, not anything specific, then none of this happens.
Speaker 4: I think Sean has too many Sean is really not even paying attention to the fact that that's too much what Corey is taking from it. I think he's so preoccupied with just like I have this big secret I need. I don't want to say any I literally just want to drop the conversation because too much talking about Claire feels like a light shined on the situation that he doesn't want right, but I do think it would. It's kind of important for Corey to mention like, oh, I didn't say her name.
Speaker 1: I didn't say her name. Yeah, she didn't. It didn't come up like that. It yeah, because the whole point is.
Speaker 4: That everybody to be protected from her parents knowing where she is, and if just randomly there being a girl who spent the night at Shawn's house is a little It feels like that could have helped Sean feel a little more comfortable. He could still have been upset. Like you said, you wouldn't say anything. Don't say anything. You could still be upset. But it is kind of an important thing that like, I didn't say her name. I didn't say her name. Nobody knows, nobody knows what happened. Yeah, Sean, a girl over, That's all I said. Yeah, So yeah, No, again, I'm not saying I dislike it. It's just it was a lot of people. Had they said one more little thing, everything would.
Speaker 2: That's always always like slight misunderstanding, the snowball change into everything.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Then we're in the Matthew's kitchen. The family minus Morgan is sitting at the dining table. When Corey comes downstairs. Amy innocently asks, it's Friday night, aren't you going out with Tepanga? Corey avoids the question, you know what this family hasn't done in a long time. Sing Alan is confused, how about Sean? Corey suggests they singing around. He sways his parents back and forth and seeing Michael row your boat ashore, and then points to Amy. Just the mommies. Alan asks what happened between him and Sean. Corey responds, okay, just the friendless, dateless, lonely boys. Cory starts singing, and Eric happilly joins, all right, here we go, that's so funny. Corey retreats upstairs and Alan asks Eric what's wrong with his brother. Eric tells him he's at that age where it could be almost anything. I wouldn't even know how to guess. Then we cut to the boy's bedroom. It's a little bit of an optical flip. Corey's laying in bed and Eric jumps on top of him. Sean's around in the bases, and you're still chucking peanuts up in the stands. Corey admits, I ain't even getting peanuts. Eric wonders, maybe you're moving too fast. This needs to happen naturally. Corey says that it comes naturally for guys like Sean and Eric. He never even heard about Eric's first time, Eric responds, remember Mitchell Davis. Corey smits, well, there's an unexpected surprise. How about you tell me about your second self?
Speaker 5: Funny. I mean, it's a little bit of a gay pant funny.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem to be.
Speaker 5: Expected.
Speaker 4: And if I'm going to get details, I want details I can relate to, So tell me about.
Speaker 3: The other about the next time.
Speaker 4: So funny.
Speaker 5: And the kids wouldn't get it right.
Speaker 2: Kids would just be like, oh, they're just talking, but like the adults in the room are like, oh my god, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly, very funny.
Speaker 4: I also love that we already by the end of the scene, we're sure that the relationship between Eric and and Corey has completely changed. But like, I love that already at the beginning of this what we just saw Eric say is I wouldn't even know how to guess what's wrong with him. But then one second later he knows exactly what's wrong with him. So he's protecting, he's he's pretending like, oh, I don't know, But then when he's in.
Speaker 3: It, they have their own special and I.
Speaker 4: Love it because they didn't have that before. And this road trip that they took over the scene changed everything really did change the way. Even every episode now has been written between the two of you, and it's really nice to see.
Speaker 1: I think so too. These were fun scenes to shoot you. Every time we had the boy's bedroom, just the two of us in the boys bedroom were just Ben and I had so much fun.
Speaker 3: These are really fun scenes.
Speaker 4: Fun So Eric explains that he and Mitch were always competitive and one day he shows up here with a brand new bike. Eric describes the bike and Corey remembers, wait, you had one just like that. Eric nods exactly. That's why Mitch got his but to one up Eric. Mitch didn't have training wheels, so Eric begged his dad to take his training wheels off, but Alan said he wasn't ready. Turns out Mitch wasn't ready either. The two boys were racing their bikes and Mitch fell off, slamming his head into some garbage cans. That's why Mitchell Davis repeated the sixth grade eleven and that whole run you do there will is so good, Oh thank you, natural easy performance, so funny. Corey asks what this could possibly have to do with his situation, and Eric explains, sex is like a bike without training wheels. If you try it before you're ready, you're going to fall off and break your head.
Speaker 1: I've heard this line from people over and over and over. Yeah, this is one that resonated with people where it was just and.
Speaker 3: It's true, it's true. It's not something you can jump into.
Speaker 1: It's can be a life altering experience, and it's it's hugely important. And that's the other thing I loved about this episode was it covered a lot of really important topics, you know, but but they.
Speaker 4: Were like covering covering losing your virginity as a teenager in the same episode they're covering child abusive exactly.
Speaker 3: And it worked, well, Yes, it worked.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to have those two topics not obviously not wrapped up, you can't wrap anything up like this, but to shine a light on both of them, to give good advice when it comes to both of them, to have the storylines intermingle.
Speaker 3: It's really good writing where you can you can pull both of those off. Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 4: So Eric throws a basketball backwards, landing it in the hoop as he walks out. Another one of those.
Speaker 2: Not one thing, oh, just thinking about just thinking about what you guys just said. This is following the episode right, and it's like when we just take the season four is amazing, like the way that it's it's you know, funny dating Eric issues and then this like and it doesn't it doesn't feel crazy.
Speaker 5: It's actually kind of working. What what a season? What a season.
Speaker 1: They're definitely expanding the world of boy meets world, which is which is fun to see, but it's uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nuts, that's this is the moment then where I was like, everything about their relationship has changed and adjusted and it just feels it feels really nice. So Eric leaves and the window opens, it's Sean. Corey says he doesn't always have to come in that way, but Sean says, I like it danger.
Speaker 5: That's the best.
Speaker 4: Sean nervously closes the bedroom door, and Corey begs for forgiveness about the cleare situation. Sean mindlessly says, yeah, friends for life, you know that. Corey reminds him, I want you to know you can always trust me. Sean immediately reveals my parents are back in town. Can I bring Claire here tonight? Corey responds, Oh, just throw it in my face. Sean tells him it's not like that. Corey doesn't believe him. Shawn asks, don't you think that if I could have told you something, I would have. Corey tells him he can always trust him with anything you swear you'll never tell. Sean asks, Cory nodds. Sean tells him that Claire and him have never done anything. The reason she's staying at his place is because her dad hits her. Corey is confused. Sewan explains, at nights sometimes he yells a lot and beats her up. Cory is shocked. But her dad is the vice president of a bank, and I love that they made that such a story point.
Speaker 3: Yes, agreed, one hundred.
Speaker 1: This was not some poor you know at the trailer park and he gets drunken beats her. No, that's that was a well respected white collar.
Speaker 3: Does not discriminate money. Yes, yes, important.
Speaker 5: Don't really strike me as that important, but you guys are right.
Speaker 4: It's very important. It's very important, especially with the points writer that you have mentioned about the portrayal of some you know, lower class or whatever you want to call him.
Speaker 5: I dismiss it. You can't say like, oh, that only happens to poor people who are like me, or.
Speaker 4: The whole point is that she is actually a very well off, fancy.
Speaker 1: House and he has power, which is one of the things where in Sean's mind, I can't go toned because.
Speaker 3: He's he's a guy who runs a bank. They're not going to believe me. I mean, yeah, super important.
Speaker 4: Sean shakes his head. Good job, fancy home, A low life creep. I just can't hide her at my place anymore. Corey says they should probably go to the police, but Sean says they won't believe him. He's a kid from a trailer park and Claire's dad is the vice president of a bank. Corey thinks they should at least tell his parents, but Sean cuts him off. He just swore he wouldn't tell anyone. Sean asks, one last time, can I bring Claire here tonight? Cory asks what about her dad? Won't he be upset if she's not there? What about her mom? Her mom's scared. She's just pretending it's not happening. And Claire has gotten really good at sneaking out and writer to your point before we started the episode where you said Sean just kind of understands where this kind of situation. Later, when we realize that Claire is even in denial. This line makes even it's even more impactful because you've get this. Claire didn't say to him, Yeah, my dad beats me. It's awful, and my mom's in denial and she's just pretending it's not happening. Sean knows that, yeah, from whatever his own way is. He knows what the parents are doing and how they're handling it, and it's just it's really great. Yep. And then Corey says okay, saying he'll call Sean when his parents go to sleep. And then we're in the dark Matthew's living room. Corey has brought down a pillow and a blanket for the couch, and then he lets Claire in. He gives her a brief lay out of the house and tells her he can grab more blankets if she needs them. Claire ensures him this is fine, she'll be out before Corey's parents get up. Corey tells her she doesn't need to do that. Claire smiles and notices the family portrait above the fireplace. She says Corey's parents look like nice people, and he agrees they are. Claire admires Corey's house as it reminds her from love to do it for this other girl here that we talk about.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about her. Now. We have a permanent five year old at home.
Speaker 4: And in this episode, we have neither of them.
Speaker 3: We have neither.
Speaker 4: Claire remembers this summer she spent at her aunt's house. There were flowers everywhere. You'd wake up in the morning and even before you opened your eyes, you could smell these flowers, and you just knew that everything was all right. Corey asks if he can take her coat, and Claire says that's okay, but when he takes it anyway, it reveals a big bruise on her arm. She says, I walked into my door. I'm kind of clumsy. Corey pretends like that happens to him all the time, making light of the situation, and Claire asks, Sean told you, huh. Corey responds, I know. It's not my place to tell you what to do. She interrupts him and asks if she can have a glass of milk. He walks into the kitchen and pours her a glass, but when he returns, she's already asleep.
Speaker 1: He covers her, I thought it since I didn't know where she was going I thought she was going to be gone, So I thought she was going to come back in, and she was gone.
Speaker 4: I thought if.
Speaker 3: That was an early draft or if it was but yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean again, it's like, kind of where would she go? But at the same time, I thought, the second she was exposed, exposed her Yeah, yeah, you know, thrown up in her face in any way, shape or form, she she's just gonna bade which is believable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, except for the idea that it's one of the reasons I love that very early on, Sean tells her you can trust him. I think she trusts Sean so much, and Sean has done nothing but do her right, make sure she's being protected. That if Sean told him and I'm here, I have to trust that this is still a safe place for me and she. I think she just trusts it so implicitly she feels comfortable enough to fall asleep in that second. But I agree with you that my first thought was she's gonna bolt, But I love that she didn't, and I really do think again, it all comes down to the fact that she trusts Sean, and Sean trusts Corey, so she's already asleep. Corey covers her with a blanket and grabs the small bouquet of flowers from his from his date with to Panga and he places them right by her head to remind her of her aunt's house. It's a touching little scene.
Speaker 1: It was so sweet, very very sweet, the whole, the whole little touch for Corey and.
Speaker 4: And great and again this is where those actors, oh.
Speaker 5: And it's so good.
Speaker 2: The lighting is different too, like when you turn down the lights in a set that you're.
Speaker 3: It's really great.
Speaker 1: But this is where the adult I started watching it as an adult, and this is where you start kind of yelling at the screen like, no, this is too big.
Speaker 3: A secret to keep, you can't keep this thing. And started to get riled up.
Speaker 1: You get emotional because you're you're sitting there watching almost you're we're watching ourselves make mistakes as young people. So you go you want to yell at yourself when you're fourteen, like, no, you're not doing the right thing.
Speaker 3: You know you're not doing the right thing right now. So yeah, this was I thought this whole scene was amazing.
Speaker 4: And then we're in John Adams high Sean runs to Corey at his locker. Did clear leave before his parents woke up. Correy says, yes, his plan of protecting Claire one night at a time worked for one night. Sean's happy, but now he's wondering if Corey can leave his door unlocked again. Corey tries to argue, but Sean says, she likes your place, she feels safe. There can't you just do this? Corey tells him you can't just move from place to place because it feels safe, and then he feels unsafe in the hall, so he grabs Sean and walks with them to Turner's class, which prompts a laugh from the audience, which feels totally out of place. It's just I know that it was a joke about you can't just kick.
Speaker 1: Move place to place, and then we're going to go to this place, but it was an obscure joke at best, and probable.
Speaker 4: There have been so few laughs in the episode that then this one getting a laugh. It actually took me a second. I was like, wait, why are they laughing? And then I went back and was like, oh, because they're making a joke about what he's doing. But it just I would have almost It just kind of took me.
Speaker 3: I was a strange I agree.
Speaker 4: Corey asks, did you see what that jerk did to her arm? We gotta go to the police, Sean refutes, cops just make things worse. Corey reminds Sean when you put a cherry bomb in a mailbox and made things work for him.
Speaker 5: Short episode number one exactly, probably the second one.
Speaker 4: Sean stole Turner's bike. More cops, more worse, Sean says, then you see my point.
Speaker 7: I love this.
Speaker 2: Job.
Speaker 4: You're a criminal. The cops were doing their job. We're going to the police. And although this is a little oversimplified, I do like that, Yeah, cops make situations worse when you're a criminal. What they did in that case, and in this case, the criminal is the dad, and so the very oversimplified idea is that they'll make it worse for the person who deserves it.
Speaker 2: It is interesting that we went to cops. The cops are the source in this entire episode, whereas, like you know, in most situations, it would be child protective services, right like you just make a phone call to There are social services before cops. It's interesting that we never reference any of that.
Speaker 4: We just sort of tell a teacher.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think if she's that beaten up, I think cops would probably be first, and then the police would involve CPS or something like that.
Speaker 4: That is that is true that like say she's over at Corey's house or at Shawn's house by the time, if you call CPS, they're probably not going to send somebody out at one o'clock in the morning. The cops are probably more immediately.
Speaker 5: Respond immediately to a black guy or a bruce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, yes, yeah, yeah, I guess it just it just seems pretty extreme, you know, Like I mean, I guess you have to be sort of obvious in a sitcom context or in a television show context.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: What's so great about this episode is that by using the Sean Corey relationship and the sort of childish approach that Shawn is taking to like I can just keep you know, going back by night. You know, like there's the the most insidious part about abuse is like the confusing line. The line is getting blurred, right, like a parent suddenly being on being the person that's hurting you. And like the fact that Sean and Corey don't know who to like where there's no easy answer, you know, like that there's all this.
Speaker 5: I just love that.
Speaker 2: That's so good, it's so it's such a great way to like put the audience into the mindset of when you are a kid or you're going through something like this where you suddenly you don't know who to trust, where to go.
Speaker 5: It's it's really great.
Speaker 2: It's it's you know, like that the show is reflecting the mental state of a child who doesn't know where to turn, you know, It's created a dramatic intercara intra character situation where that confusion is the story and like, and that confusion reflects the way an individual feels when they don't know who to turn to. It's it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: It's brilliant also by the fact that she comes right out right here in the scene and she says, if you go to the cops.
Speaker 3: I'll just lie, I'll just lie. Exactly what can you do?
Speaker 4: She herself knows what will happen and doesn't want it to happen, doesn't want to be hurt anymore, but doesn't want to be taken away, and yet being taken away is the only way to make sure this doesn't happen again, and she doesn't want that either, which is exactly what kids feel.
Speaker 1: Is well, yeah, the last thing you want to think is that your parents, one of your parents actually doesn't love you or can't show doesn't matter how to love you or somebody sure, So you have to sit there and come up with some idea. But I think it also the thing I loved about this episode two. It also so shows the dynamic between Corey and Sean, the power they have as the team. Where Sean is problem in front of me, fixed problem in front of me, and Corey is big picture where it's like, okay, but what's the overall that we have to worry about to make this problem go away entirely?
Speaker 3: And the two of them together and that's what's.
Speaker 2: Sean is also like break rules, who cares, do whatever it takes.
Speaker 3: Corey's like, let's do it right, but I don't know what's right, so we have to.
Speaker 5: Brag that out.
Speaker 1: It's just that the two of them together, it just works so well in this in this episode's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Claire says, if you call the cops, I'll just lie. Corey begs her to do something, and Claire explains, you come home to the people in that picture and you know they love you, and my dad loves me too. He just has all the stress at work and I get in his way at the wrong times.
Speaker 5: Rory's killed me.
Speaker 1: Oh that crushed me when she her delivery was so good, and she blames herself, and it's so kind of earnest the way she blames herself.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: A watch so good.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Corey's angry. What he's doing to you is wrong. Sean tries to calm him down, and they zoom in on Claire's worried face. Corey sighs, yeah, I'll unlock my door. Sean is relieved and puts his arm around Claire as they leave the room. And then we're in the trailer park. It's the middle of the night, and Corey pounds on the trailer door. Sean answers, didn't Claire show up? Corey says, yes, but we revealed Claire behind him with a huge black eye and a bruised lip.
Speaker 3: Ough the makeup.
Speaker 1: I mean, just just to talk about the makeup, because the second you see.
Speaker 3: Her you are gutted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's this is what they didn't make a you know, we've we all seen kind of the small black eyes they can give you.
Speaker 3: I mean they look like they beat the hell out of this girl.
Speaker 5: It was horrible.
Speaker 4: A grown man, yeah.
Speaker 1: Punching somebody, and that's what they did. They did not hold back. It wasn't a slight little caught on her lip or something like that. I mean, they went for it, and it is. It's a gut punch. You can see.
Speaker 3: It's. Oh yeah, it was brutal, brutal.
Speaker 4: She says she's fine, It's not as bad as it looks. Sean runs to hugger. He's so sorry he should have been there. He leads Claire into the trailer, promising her dad will never do this again. Corey says, Sean can't promise a thing like that. He knows Sean wants to do the right thing, but he's been wrong this entire time. Claire pleads, listen, in a year and a half, I'll be off at college. Until then, I'll just stay out of his way. Sean says, you haven't been doing a real good job of that so far. Claire asks, see, you're against me now too. Sean says she doesn't deserve this. Nobody does. She sits down and her voice gets shaky. I didn't do anything to him? Why did he have me? Oh?
Speaker 5: Ugh yeah, ugh.
Speaker 3: She was so good in this episode. M so good in this episode.
Speaker 4: And I would like to point out that these are the moments that people really seem to ignore when they comment on our Instagram or you know, in our emails about it's just a kid's sitcom and it shouldn't be taken too seriously wrong. There are so many moments like this that happen over the course of the seven seasons of Boy Meets World that we take the show seriously because the show is good enough to be taken seriously yep. And sometimes that means there are times when we think it's missed the mark a little bit because we know what it's capable of. And now, granted, I'm not saying every episode should be like this. As a matter of fact, this would be a terrible show if every episode was like this. But this is something more than just your normal Friday night sitcom, and it should be treated and looked at as something more important than just that. So just a brilliant show. And then we're in the Matthews living room. Sean and Corey walk into the house, cleaning up the pillows and blankets left on the couch. Corey admits, it's a good thing my parents aren't up yet, and then Alan's voice appears, Yeah, it's a good thing we're still asleep. Amy turns on the lights to reveal both of them sitting on the stairs. Corey panics, handing Sean the blanket and pillow, saying it's nice to see them. Alan asks anything we need to know before we wake up. Sewn assures them it has nothing to do with the pillow and blanket he's holding. Corey says, we were taking care of a friend who was being roughed up by her dad. Alan asks Claire Ferguson and Sean can't believe it you told them. Alan responds, he didn't tell us. Sean Amy continues, she left her book here.
Speaker 3: Can I say?
Speaker 1: I'm so glad they did this because they easily could have done. Corey told his parents, which you know, at the end of the day, is the right thing to do, but he still was loyal to Sean totally, and at the end of the day, he didn't that the parents found out on their own. They again easily could have written it. Where they walk in and Corey's like, I'm sorry, Sean, this was too big a secret.
Speaker 3: I had to tell my parents. But they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: He's stuck by Sean the whole way, and they found out on their own, and I thought that was a kind of a cool way to go about it. You don't think it's kind of a cheet No, I don't I to have your cake and eat it too exactly. But it's also there's also the layer of as much as you think you can pull the wool over your eyes of your parents, a lot of times they know something's up totally. And so there is that kind of layer of I'm going to stick with Sean. I'm I'm he doesn't want me to say anything. I promised I wouldn't say anything. We told each other now four times in this episode you can trust me or I've got to trust you, or something like that. So they they paid that off where or he didn't tell his parents. I know they came up with an idea together.
Speaker 5: It's not necessarily bumping me.
Speaker 2: It's just it's very convenient, you know, Like I think it's avoiding the issue that you're bringing up, which is.
Speaker 5: Sean, you know, the trust.
Speaker 2: At some point, Corey is going to have to violate either his relationship with Sean or his relationship with his parents, right Like he's he's being he's being forced into that position by Sean.
Speaker 3: So yeah, But the.
Speaker 4: The alternative thing, the see option is that Corey is going to to continue to push Sean until Sean makes the right the right thing, the same way Phoene does to Sean in Janitor Dad. Sure, and I so I think, and I think that's that's a good way of going about it. You know, if you you don't have to tell your friend what they have to do, but you can continue to encourage them to do the right thing. And I think that's ultimately what Corey was going to do, Like I'll keep your secret for you, but ultimately you're going to have to come to this decision on your own.
Speaker 1: Keeps pressuring him correctly, and then they come up with and they they then they come up with a solution, which at the end of the day is still very childish, and it takes the adult to walk in and go no, no, no, no, no, this is I get what you guys are doing, not how we're going to play this. So the kids still didn't at the end of the day, kind of come to that, to come to that realization and make that decision themselves. It still took the adult to step in and go, yeah, I get what your guys are doing not.
Speaker 5: Going to work.
Speaker 4: But they did still leave it up to Sean, and and Sean does make the decision himself.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm going to the.
Speaker 4: Police, and they say, great, we'll drive you.
Speaker 1: Alan would have got you know, they would have gone anyway at that point, but they didn't.
Speaker 5: Have such good dialogue.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so great the fact that it's like, what are you going to do? What are you going to do? How are you going to do it?
Speaker 2: And it's just Sean saying I'm going to do the right thing because I'm choosing to.
Speaker 5: And they're like, great, we will just let's go help you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Sean explains she wanted to keep it a secret. We decided to respect that. Alan tells them, if you've got a and in serious trouble, the only thing you have to respect is how to get her the right kind of help. Sean assures them that they did. Sean tells them we put Claire on a bus to Vermont. She's going to stay with her aunt who lives there. Corey assures them it's a really nice place with flowers, and it's where she wants to be, So we did the right thing. Alan wants to know, and what's going to stop her dad from bringing her back? Who's going to stop him? Are you going to stop him?
Speaker 1: Sean?
Speaker 4: Is her aunt going to stop him? Because the distance is not going to be what stops him. Sean takes his time before saying I'm going to stop him. Alan asks how, and Sean says, I'm going to the police. Alan nods in approval. They'll drive him. Sean looks at Corey and says, I promised Claire I'd take care of her. I'm going I'm gonna get emotional reading. Corey nods, now you really are, and I cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very sweet. I didn't cry, but I probably could have.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, Honestly, I didn't remember, and I didn't know what Sean was going to say. Yes, I didn't want to stop him. I was like, what how we're going to stop I I'm going to fight him. I'm gonna you know the way that Sean is, the way that I was del Sean is so like passionate. I was like, where's this going and then he's like, I'm going to the police. He's like, that's awesome, what great, What a well written scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and god, Rusty, We've talked about it a thousand times, but Rusty's so good well.
Speaker 4: And one of the things that does make me so emotional about it is that, like again talking about the other layers of this relationship and what it means to Sean and what Shawn's history. Is Sean being able to step in and make the right choice to protect her has to have in some way healed something. There's got to be something for him that's like something I'm able to do for somebody else that maybe if that's the subtext we're supposed to pick up on, he wasn't able to do for himself, or he wasn't able to do for his mother, or I think.
Speaker 2: All Sean wants is somebody like him in this episode standing up for him, yes, you know, which is what Turner did in season two, Season three, Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then I think Alan will do in the cult fiction episode which is coming up this season.
Speaker 4: We're in Corey's room to Panga and Corey are looking at pictures. To Panga comments it looks really pretty there. Claire says she's really happy and Vermont. Corey reveals she started a new school, she's making new friends. Her dad's in a therapy program, and she says maybe they'll see each other again someday. To Pega smiles and says she hopes everything works out for her. To Pega asks why the house is so quiet tonight, and Corey says mom and dad are at Morgan's soccer game and Eric's at the store. Penga smiles, here we are again alone in your bedroom. Corey tells her yes, but if she noticed there are no candles. She smiles and looks at his bed. What about the grapes? Corey responds, I just like grapes.
Speaker 3: And I bought it every single He's got Cory Graving too.
Speaker 4: He continues this thing with Claire. She had to grow up so fast. I just like being fifteen here with you. To Panga asks just kissing. Corey nods, Kissing's good, and I want you to know I would never want to abuse our relationship. To Panga pulls them in for a little makeout session, and he asks what was that for. She tells him just because we're not going to ninth base doesn't mean we can't take a little lead off of first Corey's eyes get wide. Baseball has been very very good to me. So they returned to kissing, and to Panga presses play on the CD player begins to once again play Morgan's Little Kiddie Song to Panga and Corey smile and sing along with it, booping each other's noses. And I thought it was very cute ending yes, and a very nice nod to tying up all of the elements of this episode.
Speaker 2: About episode just growing up too fast, Yes, staying you know, appreciating staying young when you have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's a really perfect thematic little button and it's cute.
Speaker 5: It's not you guys are like connecting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, kids, so cute. I love it. So join us for our next episode. It is season four, episode nine, sixteen Candles and four hundred pound Men.
Speaker 6: It's the sixteenth the rest of the episode, Oh God, to remember this, this is where you go to the Okay, wow, is this is this Ethan's final episode?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe Ethan's And I think it's and it's and it's another.
Speaker 5: One with say he came back for the graduation.
Speaker 3: Oh right, right right, oh right right? Okay.
Speaker 4: So it originally aired November fifteenth, nineteen ninety six. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we have merch.
Speaker 1: If you take merch and you reverse it and you subtract it from itself, you still end up with six and seventy four.
Speaker 5: That's a Sagittarius law, right it is?
Speaker 1: I thought it was six seven one four noventy four?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Pod Meats World is nheart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and right Or Strong. Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com,