Speaker 1: It is time now for junior and sports talk.
Speaker 2: What you got junior, Well, you know, Robert Reed passed away, man, Robert Reed passed away. Yeah, sixty eight years old. Man played ten years with the Houston Rockets. Yea, yeah, yeah. Did you see Robe playing who I was a kid when rob Ree was playing in the NBA. Rob I'm saying, like, you know, like, what was he like? Ten years he played with Moses Malone is.
Speaker 3: A great player. You know, he is a role player. He's a role player.
Speaker 2: He's a role player. Yeah, brother, Okay, all right, man, Well you know, and then also mass black history. My uncle, I just I want to ask you about this too, Oli, Bill Russell, Jim Brown. He's like I said, Arthur ash Kareemer duo jabbar. What was they like for the movement for the civil rights?
Speaker 3: I mean, they stood up. They were the most recognizable figures in the world today. You know, they were athletes, and they weren't high paid athletes. They were making good money, but nothing like they make today. But they united themselves and stood up for the calls for the rights of blacks. Them dudes right there made stance man scream up. Hugh Juba changed his name from Leuele Sindo. Cassius Clay changed his names to montcommed Ali. It's got is Jim Brown Man, Dayton, white women, old screams and talking back to folks. Because Bill Russell was winning championships, coaching and taking leadership roles. These men stood up. Arthur Ash made them change the game of tennis. They made them these people man Old Gibson, they was legends.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That was just difference. And there's some cats out there today that's very active. Do you look at Lebron James and he has hit me out there? Man, lost some cats out there, man. That's about the business. Lebron James is in the community building school building stuff. You know. The Jordan Foundation right now is doing our standing work. Everybody was mad at Jordan in the beginning, but Jordan was born to change the game up basketball. Jordan was not born into this other road like uh, like Lebron was. Look, Jordan was born to take the game of basketball globals. You go look in Turkey or anywhere in Middle East. That boy is on that wall with that ball in his hands, jumping through the ass.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: He became more active civil rights and stuff like that jobs and stuff like that. Jordan bad dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, man, Yeah, I didn't know all that he did all of that. I ain't know off ass changed tennis like that.
Speaker 3: That's what he takeing do, just being black in it and winning. Yeah, Serena and Venus came and did a whole nother notch to that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah what all right, another black history moment. That was a sports moment there, Thank you, Junior, Thank you, Steve. Coming up at the top of the hour, Steve, a woman on social media needs your advice. She says, my brother started a fight with my boyfriend. Uh oh, we'll talk about that, right.
Speaker 3: I'll break that special announcement that I have.
Speaker 1: Come on, you're listening, Hardy Morning Show.