Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what's y'all don't know y'all baby.
Speaker 3: At all at all, So don't given them.
Speaker 1: Black the busy.
Speaker 3: Ye listening to.
Speaker 4: Lot Joy? Yeah, Joy, you know you love you.
Speaker 5: You've gotta turn I.
Speaker 3: Got to turn them out. Turn you probably got to turn them.
Speaker 4: Out and turn out along the monypo.
Speaker 3: Look, come.
Speaker 2: Come on, you'll think I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now. One and only. Steve Harvey got a radio show. Oh man, Steve Harvey got a radio show because God. Because God is simply amazing, because God is off the chain, because God is over the top, because God is all that in a bag of chips.
Speaker 2: God is amazing. Man.
Speaker 6: God will take you places that you never ever thought you would go, or.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 6: It's sometimes it amazes me when I'm watching people talk about themselves and their careers and where they're at in life and things, and they and I hear people say, you know, always dreamed of being here. You know, I can understand when a person says that I've always dreamed that of something like this would happen to me. But I want you to think about that for a second. Did you really see it just like that though? Did you really really see it just like that? Did you really know that God was gonna bring you through all he brought you through to get you to this place? Did you know that, in spite of the losses along the way that would crumbled the average person, that somehow He kept you through it all and that's how you got here? Did you think of you know? I mean, you know, I mean, since you're so busy talking about yourself now, have you forgotten all the times He was bringing you through when you didn't see no way that you was.
Speaker 2: Gonna get through? Do you remember that?
Speaker 6: So when you sit there and you say, I dreamed of this, this is what I always.
Speaker 2: Saw happening, I don't really think. So. I don't really think.
Speaker 6: If you take inventory, or real close inventory of your life and you look back on it all, stop looking at at the moment right now, remember where you come from. See, that's what gets me emotional sometimes, that's what makes me tear up, because when something is happening to me in the moment, it ain't the moment for me, it's the memory of how I got there.
Speaker 2: It's the recollection of all.
Speaker 6: The things, all the nights, all the days in that car, all the times by myself when I felt like I wasn't gonna make it. But somehow I'm standing somewhere and somebody passing out on the ward to me or somebody calling my name, that's that.
Speaker 2: Did you really think you was gonna make it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 6: So so so, since you're talking about this is what I always dreamed. Did you really think in those moments right there that you would even be standing here today? That's why I try to I try to get people to understand, you know, and and and and this is kind of for young people today what I'm about to say. But then guess what I sometimes I had to remind myself of it, So I guess it's still kind of for everybody, you know, because I work with a lot of young people, and so many times, man, young people just don't understand what all it takes. And I know it if you're a full grown adult, if you're forty, you really understanding where I'm coming from, because you know it's listen to me, young people or anybody that don't understand this, that you got to do some things that you don't want to do in order to do what you want to do, you have to understand this principle of success or else you are not going to become successful. I got what you want to do. I got your ultimate goal? Is this, that, and the other? I got all of that. But in the meantime, though, there are some necessary steps that you have to take in order to become successful, and you cannot skip these steps. You can't jump over these steps just because you want to be rich, Friday, I got that, I got that.
Speaker 2: Everybody got that.
Speaker 6: But if you want this, whatever you're talking about, whether it's money or success or fame or climbing the corporate letter or this is the position or you all, that's fine and day. Please hold on to your dreams. Dreams come true. But in the meantime, let me remind you of something that you gotta do some things you don't want to do in order to do what you want to do. Let's say you want to be rich and famous. Let's just say that's it for you. Now, it's a lot of other ways of being successful. Please don't think that's the only one. But I'm just saying let's just say yos is rich and famous. And let's say some miraculous way God made you rich and famous. Next Friday, Ta dad d y'all you rich and you famous?
Speaker 2: Next Friday?
Speaker 6: Can I share something with you? This is not going to last for you. You know why because you have not done the things necessary. You have not done the things that you have to do in order to do the things you want. So now you're rich and famous. How you gonna know how to budget money? How you gonna know how to get up and keep clawing towards the top when you fall off your pedestal.
Speaker 2: See, it's so many things.
Speaker 6: You got to know about something, and you think because it's what you want right now, it's supposed to happen just now. It's a process. When you ask God for something. Please know God know the process. He know the necessary steps to take you through. Don't lose your patience with God because your dreams ain't coming true right now?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: You know, I think the best way y'all is for me. I just use myself as an example. I really do understand why God has given me the life he's given me so far. I understand the being homeless part. Now I get to not being successful when I want it to part.
Speaker 2: Now I get it.
Speaker 6: I got the delayed entry into the field of choice for myself. I got it now. I've been wanting to be on TV and a little comedian since I was nine years old. But guess what, I didn't get there until I was twenty eight. But see, I didn't get it. Then I was mad at God.
Speaker 2: You know what I.
Speaker 6: Want, and I'm senter me here here. I got exactly what you want. But I got this process. I want you to go through to get here too, because see I'm finna take you somewhere. You don't know nothing, but one day you're gonna have a radio show with you a little stupid behind. You don't know this yet. I'm gonna bless you with a radio show. You don't even know it. That's why I say every morning, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Because see, I didn't see this one coming. But see, God had a plan for me. It was in the blueprint of my life. So God said, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna make your life a little rough for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna toss you up a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let you make some of these stupid decisions you wanna make. And I'm gonna make you learn from them. I'm gonna let you be homeless for a little while. I'm gonna let you not get into your field of choice until you're twenty eight. I'm gonna have people talking about if we had only seen him when he was younger. I ain't gonna let you get your first con your name to your thirty eight. I'm gonna make you go through some things because one day I'm gonna put a microphone in front of your mouth, and I want you to honor me. I want you to talk about me. I want you to tell people what I bought you through. I want you to give people inspirational moments where they can see that your life was jacked up for a minute and I turned your life around for you.
Speaker 2: That's God dealing with me. See.
Speaker 6: So now I finally understand why I went through the life I went through, so I can have something to say. See, I ain't over here telling you about what I think will happen. I'm telling you what I know can happen. That God does make dreams come true, but sometime it take a minute. Sometimes you're gonna have to do some things you don't want to do in order to do what you wanna do. All right, all let you I'm gonna be tripping the day you're listening.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: It is time again to start it off. You know what, you can't start this day without being grateful. You really need to say thank you because he did it again. He did it again, absolutely the only one that can do it. He's given us a new day, a new opportunity, another shot at it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take full advantage of mind.
Speaker 6: I will do something today to move myself towards happiness or success. Those are the two things I'm focused on. Happiness and success.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: Notice I didn't say nothing about money, because you can find happiness and success without that if but that should be your goal today, happiness and success. Thank you Lord for waking me up this morning. Everybody else is listening to the Steve Office Morning Show. Sheildy Strawberry callin Frail Mississippi, Monica Junior and the legend that he is nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 2: What's on your mind today? That's odd?
Speaker 7: Jenis say that success, happiness and success. How do you find success without money?
Speaker 2: How you figure that?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: You got success?
Speaker 6: You gets I've had a lot of success without money, because once you start the process to becoming successful, that's that's a huge jump right there. Do you know what stops most people from becoming successful is they never start. If you can just begin the journey today, success has already begun for you. What throws people off is they keep waiting to measure success when they get to the finish line. You can't do it that way because you don't know where the finish line is. That is joy in the journey. You have got to be grateful at the levels. Thank you God for giving me the will power, the desire, the fortification.
Speaker 2: I'm not I don't know if that's.
Speaker 6: The word's case for you out because it's got real close to forty case, so much fortification to start.
Speaker 2: I wanted to make sure I didn't say that I have done that now I have. I have funny forticated, I have done that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I wasn't proud of it every time.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I was any way, great question, dinnor I was gonna say, great answer, Steve.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not finished, though, Shirley. I go outside track because I thought I said it won't work. But once you start the process of success, Junior that's huge for you.
Speaker 2: That's huge. That means you are on the way. So imagine this.
Speaker 6: Let's say you weren't pursuing your goals yesterday and then today you wake up and you say, today is the first day of the rest of my life, and I'm going to be in pursuit of success and happiness today. That right there is a huge jump from yesterday. That you went from going nowhere to on your way to somewhere. That's a huge jump, man, That some monumental jump everybody. So make the decision, and there's success in the decision. The average person won't even do that. Man, enjoy yourself. Man, And and every day you wake up that he gives us a new day, another shot at it, another step towards the goal that is success.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's without the beautiful answer, Steven. I love that, My law, My law.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna buy you a heating pad for Christmas, Junior.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we will hear from the nephew would run that prank back right after this you're listening morning show, and it's time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his nef.
Speaker 9: Uh, we're gonna be as ignorant as we was yesterday. All right, No sense and changing things up. Let's keep it stupid up in here. This is Auntie Debra Kay's half. All right, aunt Tie Debra Kay's half. You're not gonna have no problem with my auntie. You understand that. Let's go cat dog. This is aunt Debra Kay's half, cat dog.
Speaker 2: If you would tell us, man I speak to let me tell you some of you. My name is Wayne.
Speaker 9: You did my auntie's hair yesterday, and now I don't know what you did. I don't know what kind of glue you'd used with weaves or whatever. But my auntie hadn't fell out in church today.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't even use glue because I don't even know why you're coming at me on the side tip anyway about your auntie.
Speaker 2: My auntie, My auntie is Deborah, and I have fell.
Speaker 11: No, you tell don't use glue up and that nineteen eighty two you come some glue.
Speaker 2: Pull you think you tripping with.
Speaker 11: Look, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Look, let me say this to you all.
Speaker 11: I'm saying you gotta say. You gotta say it because I'm serious about my heart. We you coming at me with some glue. It's just not for some glove on you.
Speaker 9: Well that's what happened, and I fell off in service and all the church members it's sitting there laughing.
Speaker 11: Now, well she shouldn't have been. Maybe she's trying to set the devil out over because she ain't no business shouting hard anyway. But I don't switch noble glue.
Speaker 9: You ain't in the city and talk about my ain't it? And Jesus, don't you talk about how she shouted? They call her miss jeb Brook.
Speaker 11: I don't know no, Miss jel Brook.
Speaker 9: She just got her hair done from you yesterday. How you gonna sit here and act like you ain't.
Speaker 10: Cut it yesterday?
Speaker 11: You're just saying glue come woman and common tell me mistake because I don't and I ain't.
Speaker 9: I'm finna tell everybody in Atlanta, Georgian not to come to your house.
Speaker 10: Just wait a minute?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 10: What minute?
Speaker 11: You wait one minutes? That's my livelihood? You quit?
Speaker 10: Why I don't need you?
Speaker 11: What is this you?
Speaker 2: My name is Wayne?
Speaker 11: Why look here white?
Speaker 2: I know you're know Wayne, but you know I got.
Speaker 11: Her brother named Big Jay and you bring it, Swayne, bring it, bring it, Twayne.
Speaker 2: Look look let me tell you something.
Speaker 9: I don't want no problem, but I will throw these hands if I got you what they ain't.
Speaker 11: Look here, look here, I ain't got time to tell you. Ain't it whatever? Ain't the mistake? And wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 11: Look you done got me out here on good Sunday. I just came from church. It's hot as hell, and you telling me abody you ain't got no do today do? Iin't got nothing to do.
Speaker 9: I got to find out why my ain't and half faulting out in church?
Speaker 11: Man, ain't me so called somebody else in that lean? Because I'm the I am the too?
Speaker 2: But well you ain't you? You must not be in right now?
Speaker 9: You got people have following out in church and glue following all off on the pew, y'all?
Speaker 11: Ain't it probably glue her own? And that's only why it fell like I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm the hoighest silence in that laught. So I don't know who no depart it ain't nobody If I ain't say I ain't doing a half, I don't some half. You go in and everybody in that laugh, Dad say the same fight.
Speaker 9: Look, all I'm saying is you to mess up my ain't and hair. I wanna get it rectified. I need you, first of all to call and apologize to her.
Speaker 11: I apologize you drinking on some Jesus U what y'all ain't and that's why you an't Michael Jackson and y'all ain't in devil seats to or whatever her name is.
Speaker 9: Look, let me tell you first of all, you'll go, you'll go.
Speaker 2: Respect my ain't.
Speaker 11: Okay, whatever you say her name is, I put up.
Speaker 9: I want you to redo my ain't and half for free and get her money back from the first time.
Speaker 2: She paid you.
Speaker 11: I don't know who old, I don't know who this is who. I don't know who you are. I'm whe you coming way, ain't look here, Wayne, I'm gonna go ahead. I'm gonn your faith.
Speaker 2: No hold up, I'm jeffor nephew. Wayne.
Speaker 9: No, I ain't fIF two years old. Now you ain't gonna respect your elders. How you expect to be blessed? You say you just went to church this month.
Speaker 11: See that's the problem. You're calling me on Sunday. What you got me cutting?
Speaker 8: Like this.
Speaker 10: I gotta.
Speaker 9: I got one more thing I need to say to you before I get off the phone.
Speaker 11: What you got to say because you wasted one minutes.
Speaker 9: This is Nephew timing from the Steve Harvey Martin Show. You just got brank from your girlfriend, got me, Nephew. Your girl told me, she said, trust me going off the third twelve seconds.
Speaker 2: Hey, baby, man, you don't do no uh, you don't do no glue.
Speaker 10: No, I don't know glue.
Speaker 11: I don't I don't tell you.
Speaker 9: It's too all right, baby. Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody half fell out of church that you still? They say you the bomb down there. So I just wanted to call and make sure I prank my girl. She the one, all right baby, answer one thing from it. What is the baddest I mean, the baddest radio show in the world.
Speaker 11: The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: And now you have it.
Speaker 9: No need for pranks and praise up in here. I'll be back in the hour and we're gonna do it again. But that is Greensboro Comedy's Own is sold out for the weekend Friday Saturday Sunny.
Speaker 2: Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 9: I'm I promise you I'm gonna come give it to you everything I got in more the journey to come up out of cancer one cancer free, all with jokes wrapped up in it. You don't want to miss it. Laying in the cut, Raleigh, North Carolina. That's Charlie Good Nights, Raleigh, North Carolina. All right, rightly, Raleigh, North Carolina. Raight ooh, ooh, raight, Holly, lay the doors of Raleigh open as I enter March first, second, third in the comedy club of Charlie Good Nights.
Speaker 2: It will not be the same once we leave.
Speaker 9: All right, all right, all minds clear in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Coming up next, it is ask the clo you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In Entertainment news, hod To Coppy from the Today Shows, is Kelly Rowland can come back and host any time? Beyonce just made musical history again. Carl is gonna tell us about that. In today's music news, comedians Corey Hokum and Donell Rowlings are beefing. More comedians beefing. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo. This is from Joycelyn and Broomfield. Joycelyn writes, I got saved and I've been married for four years. My husband is not saved, and he loves threesomes and to go to sex parties. I'm so conflicted because some of the people at the parties are my church members. Is this normal behavior?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right? Save?
Speaker 6: You know y'all down there, and the should be a conflict if you truly saved. But you know, now you conflict because your husband want to continue in that lifestyle and you probably ain't gonna want to. So now you got here, you know, you got to do what's best for you, and you got to do what you think is right.
Speaker 2: That's all to.
Speaker 6: That's see what you can't do. You can't change horses in the middle of the stream. Now you you and your husband was going to such parties in threesomes. Now you done got saved. But the people in the group is down at the church. Well, I guess they wasn't a saved members at the church. So what's there at your savings?
Speaker 1: They there?
Speaker 6: You know, you don't know if it's like a baptism or nothing, But what's there after saving or what's there your husband's gonna keep going down.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want you to know.
Speaker 6: But the church members is now, Yeah, a lot of people in church ain't saved.
Speaker 2: Just because you saved, don't mean you don't sin other party. I didn't know you going to the big party. Yeah, all right, moving on to say, but I'll slap.
Speaker 6: You try Jesus not mewar God out here. I swear to God. It ain't nothing, man, It's a part of the fate.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Velma in DC.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: My husband and I split up and I can't stand him, so I moved to a rental. I still pay half the mortgage, so I go over there whenever I want to. He had a woman in my house last night. I put her out. Why won't he agree to sell the house so he can be free?
Speaker 6: Well, now you went to the rental, m she moved up. You went to the rental because you can't stand right, he had.
Speaker 2: A woman in the house.
Speaker 6: You had every right to put out because it's still your house. Yeah, yeah, but now this, why won't he what? Why won't what what they got to do with the woman?
Speaker 2: Coming back over there? He just don't time it different.
Speaker 1: The next time, and maybe I just in his half.
Speaker 6: What but I just I just think you're arguing about the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Why won't he sell it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he wants to sell and get her money with her life. Yeah he can do. They not even divorced, right right, Well they split, but she didn't say divorce. They split it.
Speaker 6: They not divorced. Now she praying after it. So it is still her house. Yeah, she went over and she put the woman out. Technically it is, but she'd have moved.
Speaker 2: Into a renter.
Speaker 1: So she can't stand him.
Speaker 6: I understand that you can't stand him, but somebody can't and you can't get mad at this. This You can't get mad at this man because he won't to have somebody don't live there no more.
Speaker 1: See but she's saying she's not. She doesn't have a problem with that. She just wants to sell the house.
Speaker 6: She got a problem with it. Why she put the lady out? She got problem with it because it's her house.
Speaker 1: Hello, because it's still her house.
Speaker 6: She I've said she has every right, trust me. I just said that she got every right put that woman in. But they need to get a divorced. You you can forget him not seeing nobody because you over there at the riddle.
Speaker 2: Of doing something. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I did mention that.
Speaker 6: You over there doing something so hard you're probably gonna lose your deposit.
Speaker 1: Moving on to hakem and Myrtle.
Speaker 6: Beach, all the holes in this sheet rock over here, and all these selds and came down at the fan.
Speaker 2: Ain't got but one blade, ma'am.
Speaker 6: You're gonna lose your security deposits doing something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, are you quite done?
Speaker 2: We're moving on to hear this whole sink and come out the wall.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked. Hikeem in Myrtle Beach says, my wife has a very bad attitude and it's affecting our marriage. When we're out, I do all of the talking and ordering to avoid conflict. She doesn't think she has a problem, So how do I get her to see how rude and abrasive she is with others?
Speaker 2: Why don't you leave them?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's it?
Speaker 6: Well wait a minute, now, hold on. When the clo say something, might I remind you that we will be doing the Strawberry letter later on today, Honey, In every last one of those letters, Shirley kills a marriage, every last one of them he has just told every woman in every damn letter for a year a half. You have sh A lady brought it up at the family feud audience the other day. She says, always, I know because Shirley is always trying to you, always defending them in because I am tired of ship?
Speaker 1: How does this have to do with Hakeem and Myrtle beach?
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the day situation? And watch watch what I say?
Speaker 1: Go and repeat what Okay, haquens, My wife has a very bad attitude and it's affecting our marriage. When we're out, I do all of the talking and ordering to avoid conflict. She doesn't think she has a problem, So how do I get her to see how rude and abrasive she is with others?
Speaker 2: Like I said, why don't you of this? I got to explain myself.
Speaker 6: You see, Watch watch when we do the Strawberry letter.
Speaker 3: Watch.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't even know what the letter gonna be about today, but watch Sureley tell this woman to lead this man.
Speaker 1: Watch I'm okay, here's the subject. I'm too out of shape for him. So just so you'll know, that's all.
Speaker 2: Oh he's.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that's it to hakem bah.
Speaker 2: No, she bid him.
Speaker 1: He knows all right. Kashana Knoxville says, I let my baby sister use my car, and I had two scratch offs worth thirty dollars in the console. My sister said she catched in the tickets so she can refill the gas in my car before bringing it back to me. She doesn't think she was wrong besides her never using my car again. I want my thirty dollars. How do I make her repay me?
Speaker 2: Well, you ain't gonna get them thirty dollars. Blom boy, You're not gonna get the thirty dollars. But I think if you don't let her use the car that I hurt away more. She saw them scratch off tickets.
Speaker 6: She said, hey, look you want this car field though, because you was gonna have to take the thirty.
Speaker 2: Puss gas in it anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh huh see that's so that's how I tried to like, yeah, yeah, so you know I should leave her back. Yay, leave your sister, leave you.
Speaker 3: Leave haw.
Speaker 1: All right, coming op at the top of the hour, Thank you, Celo. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening hardy morning show Today's show hosts Hoda Codby and Jenna bush Hager have nothing but love for Kelly Roland after Kelly uh stepped down as co host during the February fifteenth show at the last minute due to an issue with her dressing room. Take a listen to Hoda and Jenna address the issue. I have great love and admiration for Kelly Rowland. I adore her, and I want her to come back on our.
Speaker 12: Show, and I want to host any of course she is.
Speaker 1: Of course she is. She can share my dressing room. We'll be in it together. But anyway we do. I just want to say that we love her. We've loved her on this show for many, many minute.
Speaker 6: Okay, do it, man, watch that miss because Kelly Rowland is not that type of person.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: No, no, really, we've ever heard that. We go off. That girl is a sweetheart. Yeah, lord, Lord lord, that girl that grew up. She's so fine.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 10: YEAHO.
Speaker 1: Did you see her on the Sherry Shepherds show. She was on there looking beautiful. Sherry made sure Kelly's dressing room was good and that Kelly had everything. Yeay, Kelly. Yeah, I love her all right, guys. In the other entertainment news, comedian Donnell Rollins wasn't feeling you know him as Ashy Larry from The David Chappelle Show. Anyway, he wasn't feeling Corey Holcomb set at the Laugh Factory this past weekend and decided to confront Holkm in front of the audience. Now, this is according to TMZ. Rollings went on stage before Corey, and once Corey got on stage, he began to talk about how Rollings is a quote mild comedian and even took some shots to Dave Chappelle. Rolling stated that he wasn't going to sit there and let Corey Holcom talk about his close friend Dave Chappelle. There is a viral video of parts of the argument circulating on social media. Donelle said that he decided to walk away from the situation, though before things got two out of hand. He did say that he would be down with talking to Corey hokum in hopes of settling their differences one day. So that's a good thing. But who took a well a lot to get to that.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've seen Donill Rollins. That boy is funny. Donelle Rollins is funny man. Yes, Corey hokem is funny man. Yes, I have laughed out loud at this dude.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But what we gotta do, man, is we gotta look man. We gotta get back to what it was. It was comedy that was. There was no beef back. You know, Edy wasn't on stage. He did a joke about Bill Cousby one time, but it was my have a coke and a smile. You understand, he never won. No pride Eddie and pride against calls being caused me against uh. And it just wasn't that. Now it's too pervasive, man, It's every week somebody got something say about somebody else. Hey man, why don't you go on stage and tell your damn jokes?
Speaker 1: And that's it?
Speaker 6: I talk if the other dude, ain't this you got? You got plenty of time to show them what it's supposed to look like. And you telling me who ain't funny, ain't gonna make you no funny? Earth blowing out my candle don't make yours brighter? And I wish we could understand that. I've had private conversation with Corey Hoker Man. I actually like the guy. I think he's one of he got a great comedic mind. But we got to get back to who we are comedians, man, and comedians are supposed to do this right here, and you ain't supposed to do nothing else.
Speaker 2: But we don't. We don't.
Speaker 6: We don't let you usual beasts get all over into this. And now we're doing it. It don't make no damn sense because the one profession that was supposed to enlighten everybody and give everybody a break. Now you go to these shows and it's and it's just a tense dog it's just a vent fest. Well you venting your feelings about what somebody did to you. Tell your jokes man, put it in a joke for him that it's great therapy.
Speaker 2: Man. You can take your pain and wrap it up in a joke.
Speaker 6: Dude named Pierre talked about getting shot for years.
Speaker 2: Funny ass jokes spread he got shot.
Speaker 6: Brot, your joke's about being on fire running down. You can make a joke about your pain, man, but the jokes about the other act.
Speaker 2: That's that's not what you see, is bro, That's not what it is. This is sad, sad state.
Speaker 6: We live in, and we don't need to do it, but Donelle rollins and answer it's funny. Corey HOKM, that boy is funny. Yeah, Country Wayne, that boy is funny, funny.
Speaker 1: The style yeah right now, more than.
Speaker 6: Ever, Nick Man and Country Wayne actually proved me wrong because I thought, but I didn't know the new way that would they could be able to do it. I thought, if you did all these bits on social media, it would kill your show when you went live, because they've seen it all.
Speaker 2: It made this dude have a whole career, magnif you know.
Speaker 6: Yes, So it's a it's I know that the couple of dudes and turn them videos into careers, and Country.
Speaker 2: Wayne is one of them, and I love that dude. Man, all right, I love that dude.
Speaker 1: I hope they get it together. Finally, Carla is here with Music News.
Speaker 13: What you got, Carla, Beyonce just made history again, y'all? Okay, you know, another day, another history.
Speaker 3: You make it pay, you know.
Speaker 13: According to People Magazine and Billboard, Beyonce became the first ever black female artist to top the Hot Country Songs chart thanks to her single.
Speaker 1: Texas hold On Wow.
Speaker 13: The song is about nineteen point two million official streams, so you know, Beyonce. She surprised us all on Super Bowl Sunday when she released two singles Texas hold them in sixteen carriages during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But b is doing a bow down to Queen Bee. That's all I know. I have an announcement when we come back.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're going into country music too.
Speaker 3: You're going to alb.
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes. Thank you, Carla. After the hour, Donald Trump says the phrase N word in the speech, says it was a mistake. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. Well, according to the Black Information Work, this past Saturday, in Michigan, former President Trump delivered a speech addressing his ongoing legal battles. Trump appeared to attempt to say the word indictment before he accidentally said the phrase inward instead. So instead of saying indictment, he said the phrase inward. Trump said, quote, my whole life, I didn't know what the in word. I didn't know what indictment meant. He was talking to the crowd about the fact that he was ordered to pay three hundred and fifty five million dollars in a New York civil fraud case. Trump fixed his era, as he continued to speak during the rally. Democrats believe the inWORD slip up was intentional, as Trump has been known for stirring up racial tensions with innuendo and dog whistles aimed at riling up his magabase. So what do you guys think in word indictment easy to mix up?
Speaker 2: Does anybody have a copy of the tape? I want to hear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Prad, So.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know that too. Oh oh you mean he he said, actually the in word And that's what I'm asking you.
Speaker 1: Yes, he said in word, So read exactly what he said. That my whole life, I didn't know what the in word. I didn't know what indictment meant. That's his quote.
Speaker 2: That's exactly the indictment.
Speaker 1: But care, we need you to care right now?
Speaker 2: No, I mean because I mean it's Donald Trump. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Why do you keep expecting decency? Rep Why do you expect Why would we expect him to act like like a decent human being?
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's a former president of the United States.
Speaker 6: Yes, he is constantly doing things like this, constantly saying stuff right here, This ain't nothing new.
Speaker 2: He just said in word before two I promise you.
Speaker 1: Have not just the phrase in word, the actual word. How do you get inward and indictment mixed up?
Speaker 2: Though? Don't show the same letters.
Speaker 1: Right now, he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, y'all, y'all better registered a vote and get out of the vote.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to tell you and quit playing around with this thing. I know you sick of voting, but man, you gonna you think you sick?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 6: He has done nothing for the black community. Now, while all y'all hosts and all y'all black political voices in here talking about what Kamala Harris ain't done and stuff she the vice president?
Speaker 2: What vice president has ever done? Any damn thing? They can't. This is Joe Biden's work.
Speaker 1: Get registered, go vote. Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, it is Black History Month, of course, and will spotlight the godfather of soul, James Brown. Right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. We all know it's Black History months and there is a documentary on A and E called James Brown Say It Loud. The special reflects on a godfather of soul as a musical force and cultural catalysts in never before seen interviews and footage from Reverend Al Sharpton and musical greats like Bootsy Collins. There's also a part of the documentary that suggests there was a time when James Brown was arguably the most powerful black man in America. He virtually invented the ferocious blend of jazz and gospel that became known as funk. His Live at the Apollo album expanded the horizons of the recording industry, and his songs became a soundtrack for the civil rights movement. Steve got to ask you this. You knew him, you met the man before. What can you say about James Brown's music and the influence that it had on music and culture today.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, he was the first dude to rap. He invented funk. He was the first real dancer on stage. Wris Brown, Michael Jackson, Ussher, all of them copy his move Yes, yes, now they've elevated it, but they copied what he did. Yeah, Michael Jackson admitted it. Michael Jackson came to It was a b T Awards, I believe, and they were honoring James Brown. Michael called with Ramon Baines on the phone and said to Steve there. I come as Steve is there. Michael Jackson came backstage looking for me. He said, hey, man, I want to do something special for James. This is a black history moment. I said, you know what you ought to do. When James Brown being over they put the cape on him, you ought to take the cape out there. So I called the guy over. James was on stage. They gave the cape to Michael. Michael Jackson went out there and put the cape on James Brown. I remember that, and and and when James Brown I got the picture of the night. Me and Mike was backstage. I got that picture. Come and when he stood up, James huggy, but he did a James Brown move. He gave all his creditors dance moves to James Brown.
Speaker 2: James Brown was that dude? Tell you how kind he was.
Speaker 6: I saw him in Augusta, Georgia one night at the Sheraton Hotel. I said, man, my Mama and daddy love you. I said, man, can I call him?
Speaker 2: And you talked to him? Give on vote? Do what give one?
Speaker 1: Sounds like Roscoe Brown and him.
Speaker 6: My mama answered the phone. I said, Mama, how you doing? Hey, Stee where you at?
Speaker 2: Bad if?
Speaker 6: I said him, Gussie George, I said, Mom, I got surprised for you. I said, where daddy at? Put that on for any boy, I said, Daddy, somebody won't to talk to you.
Speaker 2: He did harp. He said, who is this?
Speaker 1: James Brown?
Speaker 2: Sir? The blank hot of here? No harm is me and James Brown.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: My father could not believe that, man, class.
Speaker 6: My daddy said, hey, or no, you playing the black godfather. So mister, I want to think of something. You and family friend all you just wonderful, appreciate the one thinks being a friend of mine. My daddy cross James Brown hung up. I called my daddy back. He said, boy, your black Asston made it.
Speaker 2: He didn't make it well, you know.
Speaker 6: I said that a restaurant and I saw him because I had done a couple of shows with him out in l A.
Speaker 2: And I was just performing that night and he was He was just in the restaurant. He man talking. He was just that dude.
Speaker 6: And when it came to civil rights, he went up there. He was calming and cats down here in the riot. He made movements for him that he was a special dude.
Speaker 2: Man. Yead his problems later on. But who ain't yeah, right, who ain't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's just just but but that's they cared, you know, they got involved him, Jim Brown, Bill Russell caream up, dude, Jabab Muhammad Ali. They all stood together, man to make change, Arthur Ash, all of them cats stood to fight for rights for black people.
Speaker 2: Now were on social media just tag each other down.
Speaker 1: But thank you for that, Black Steve, thank you for that. Calling up next, it is a nephew in today's prank phone call. Right after this you're listening Hard Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is I'm true out of shape for him. We'll get into that, find out what that's all about, and just a fuse put it together then, because right now it's time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 2: What you got for his neph I'm not out of shape.
Speaker 9: Over here, we're doing mobile baptism, my pool mobile baptist the pool. We come out of the house, you come outside, you get on the back of this truck. We're gonna baptize you right here and get you washed in the Blood of the Lamb right here, you understand that wash in the Blood of the Lamb, mobile baptism the pool.
Speaker 2: Cat dog if you would.
Speaker 8: Hello Hello, I'm trying to reach them to Wilson. How you doing money is brother spring water man? Listen? We uh we we we got paid to actually come by and do some services to uh for for you by some friends of yours, and we wanted to actually call and see about scheduling and see what you had available.
Speaker 14: Uh some some services. Well, y'all plan on some grass which I do. What kind of services you have?
Speaker 8: Actually, sir, you've got some friends that have actually spent a great amount of money on you. And what we do is we have a Baptismal on Wheels survey. And what we do is we go and we we baptize people at their home and and Baptism on Wheels has been a new company, but we've we've baptized over a thousand people. Now we have a truck with which actually has a baptismal pool on the back of it, and we actually come to your home and we will baptize you in your driveway and and make you hold again.
Speaker 14: So we still brother Water, brotheram sorry fringwater, fringwater. What you want to come to my house and give me a baptism in my front yard.
Speaker 8: We want to baptize you right there in your drive where your friends are paid for the services.
Speaker 14: And my friend, what.
Speaker 10: Friend will pay for me to get baptized. I've been baptized already.
Speaker 8: Well from my understanding, sir, that ever then that you you had some some bumps and bruises and and and they seem to believe that you need to be Washington coming again.
Speaker 10: I mean, that's all good, that's all.
Speaker 8: That's all. It's all good.
Speaker 14: But I mean things are I mean things be that that it made man, I mean, I've been baptized, I go to church. You know, me and the Lord don't have no problems. I mean we all have setbacks. But for you to pull up with your pool in front of my house to say you finah baptized me, that that doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 8: I mean, succeed sir. Sometimes when some people are not able to go to the house of the Lord and get baptized, you know, we're making a lot more convenient for you.
Speaker 14: But we can actually need no convenience. I don't need no convenience. What I need convenience.
Speaker 10: So you asking me to come to my house on a Tuesday to baptize me in my driveway? Does that make any sense to you? Brother Water? I mean, come on, if you really sit back and think about it, does that make any sense to you?
Speaker 8: The first of all? So that that's that's that's that's brother spring water. But what I'm trying, what I'm trying to the.
Speaker 10: Water is holy water, spring water. It doesn't make no difference to me. You can't come to my neighborhood and baptize me in front of my house.
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 14: What is this is?
Speaker 8: This is what your friends are talking about that you.
Speaker 10: Don't give my prayers are telling you? Man, anybody which which one of my prayers don't recommend you to come to my damn house from my let's make that don't even make any sense to me.
Speaker 8: You understand, I'm not at any liberty to tell you who actually uh liberty because.
Speaker 10: Of my damn house that baptized me. But you can't tell me who the hell go see you? But you're not what make comell you're gonna even call that makes sense for you?
Speaker 14: God?
Speaker 8: Come off?
Speaker 10: That doesn't make anything no way in the world I'm gonna allow you to come and bring your plone in front of my house at baptize me. Then I'm asking you ask and you you're supposed to be a pastor, You're supposed to be baptized, and I'm asking you.
Speaker 8: Okay, what's a.
Speaker 10: Friend of mine is sending in you there? You know, letting you know I need to be die. You will say you got at.
Speaker 8: Liberty, sir, sir, all I wanted to know basically you I've already been paid. I'm coming gradual you now baptizing me.
Speaker 10: I've have baptized.
Speaker 8: I'm going to baptize you on Tuesday in your driveway.
Speaker 10: Now, how can you was if you come to my house in front of my driveway, you better bring the whole congregation, you understand, you better bring the deacons, the brothers, the sisters and everybody else. You think I'm gonna be goodtizing.
Speaker 8: Well, this is the problem. This is what your friends are talking about. This is why you need to be baptized and cleansed again and washed in the blood of the line. This is what's wrong. You need to be cleansed. That's what's wrong with you. Mister Wilton. What's wrong with me? Now?
Speaker 10: What's wrong with you? Is calling me in and little my hook day telling me I need to be back tied in front of my house. If I need to be backt hand, don't get some only water, I go down to the church. I don't need you come in front of my house. Look at a circus we're aren't afraid of from white sheep calling my torn That's as me say for.
Speaker 8: Mama, und up saying me, from my understanding, From my understanding, mister Wilton, you miss two Sundays already.
Speaker 10: This month, so Lord, I can't go anywhere and get the water. I don't need you coming here because you telling me I missed two dead Sundays. I'm miss that shutting it too because the fun of them ain't coming off.
Speaker 6: Sir.
Speaker 8: All I know is I've been paid to do a job. I will be there Tuesday morning at seven o'clock and we will baptize you before you go to work on tubes.
Speaker 10: You know you would I tell you what you curting my seven o'clock in the morning. I swear on your lord, I'm gonna bust show you understand me. You would not come to my house telling me you would have got top down. Don't give a damn who paid you? You understand I was trying your in the water matter. Stop now, friends, you, your teachers, everybody else. We're gonna have a fool party. Let you understand I'm.
Speaker 8: Doing all of this anger and all of this this, these problems you have within you, we are going to burn your body and get it out your system.
Speaker 10: I want your tell you what I tell you what rot the spring water is?
Speaker 4: Brother water.
Speaker 8: You gonna get back on Thursday morning.
Speaker 10: I won't give a game. Who pays you, who called you? Bring your I'm gonna well I carry it, kill you. I'm gonna try, y'all site.
Speaker 5: I got one more thing I want to say to you, and you listening.
Speaker 10: To gotta that matter. I'm busy. You ain't got to say to me.
Speaker 8: I gotta go.
Speaker 10: You understand you ain't make how long?
Speaker 8: Lord man, I want to say to you, Is you listening to me?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: Now? This his nephew Timmy from the Steve Harby in Morning Show. You just got pranked by your boy Mason.
Speaker 14: Hello, man, let me y'all something man for.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you something boy, y'all, y'all was bout to bring some man, I said, hell, man, I was about to act a fool on y'all because y'all want to show them my crib. You understand me one time, y'all ain't got just better to do than to city right here and just with people during their day. Man, I ain't never thought y'all could get me with this. And who the hell goes around both times of people? All? That's like wills on will y'all bethtize people with a poll on the back of your your f.
Speaker 8: One fifty will I got to ask you something, what is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 14: You know it's the Steve Harvey Morning to Show.
Speaker 8: You have.
Speaker 9: Y'all y'all want y'all, y'all want y'all want to y'all come by the house, get it done right out there in the front, y'all, y'all want it.
Speaker 1: Just when I think you can't get any more stupid. Now, thank you surprised me call. Don't reject my services baptized.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 9: Sometimes you need it again. Sometimes you didn't get clean?
Speaker 10: You too?
Speaker 9: You yes, yes, Greensborough, you already know what time it is. Riley North Carolina. You're laying in the cut. I'm gonna bring my baptist my pool to Riley, North Carolina and just baptized people for the show. Yeah clean, before the show. You get a nice comedy show and get washed. You can't beat that in the blood of the lamb. All right, All minds clear, all right, and I will be giving you all of that in Riley, North Carolina next weekend.
Speaker 2: Got some tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 9: My daddy, my dad used to carry them all. If you turn to the book over a r a malaka God yet you h rob you where in tie and in offering?
Speaker 2: Bring all you tithe into the store. You know how it goes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, if you thank you. Coming up next for today, the subject is I'm too out of shape for him. We'll get into that find out what that's all about. Right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here. It is strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew. Subject I'm too out of shape for him. Dear Stephens. I'm a forty eight year old divorced female and I'm trying online dating. My niece helped me do my dating profile and we used a real photo of me, but she suggested that I lie about my interests so I would attract a man with a nice body. So I said that I love working out, running, and traveling. The app matched me with a tall, muscular older man. He isn't cute, but we've been dating for six weeks getting to really know each other, and I like him a lot. He runs marathons and he asked me to do a charity run with him in April. I said yes, but I didn't know how because I didn't know how to say no. We started working out together and it was obvious that I didn't know what to do in the gym. I told him that I do yoga now instead of going to the gym, another lie. We worked out so hard that my head hurt. Then we went to my house and he told me that we were getting in the shower together. He looked at me in the eye and said he wanted me, and he'd been waiting for this moment. My head was hurting, and I was so nervous because I look a lot better in my clothes than I do naked. The shower was uncomfortable, and it felt like he realized I didn't work out by the way he looked at my body. After the shower, you already know. We went straight to my bed. It was our first time together, and I had such a hard time keeping up with him. My leg was not supposed to bend the way he bent it, and it's still hurting. Stephen Shirley, I have lied and ended up with a man that is too good to be true. I'm too out of shape for him. I can't have sex with him again. I'm too afraid. How do I fix my lies? But keep this man?
Speaker 2: What are you so afraid of?
Speaker 1: I mean, working out will make you more flexible, But wait a minute before you do anything anything else. You have to learn how to say no if you're uncomfortable, if you don't want to do something, you can say no, you can say I'm not ready, you can say I need more time. All of that is okay. The second thing you need to do is get your confidence up. Okay, that's what's sexy to a man. Men are visual. You're obviously not as bad as you think because he's seen you naked in the shower and in the bedroom and he wasn't complaining. You just weren't comfortable with how you looked. I think women in general are much too hard on ourselves, and you have to start feeling good about you, and you have to start doing that now. You can't expect anyone else to if you don't. Men pick up on those signals. You can still work out, you can still do things with him. You just have to go at your own pace. You can't try to keep up with him if it's too much. You're doing this for you, remember, not him. The third thing I have to say to you is that people do this all the time. Everyone lies or stretches the truth on these dating sites, so some even go as far as catfishing. I'm sure you've seen the show catfishing. You haven't done any of that, and he's still there, So again, don't be so hard on yourself anyway, didn't you say he wasn't cute? Cute? You said he wasn't cute, So he's probably glad to have a woman like you. Be confident, Steve.
Speaker 2: Once again, we'dne read two different letters. Yeah, here I go.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say, before I do this letter, forgive me for those of you that might be slightly put off or what shall they say? Put a back by what I may say in my response. But in the words of.
Speaker 2: Lord John, here I go. So here we go.
Speaker 6: Dear Stephen Shell, I'm a forty eight year old divorce female and I'm trying online date.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 6: Sixty five percent of most marriages today come from online dating.
Speaker 2: Ess new status out. My niece helped me do my dating profile. We use a real photo of me. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 6: But she suggested I lie by my interest so I would attract a man with a nice body.
Speaker 2: Now let's start writing here.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna attract a man with a nice body, the man with a nice body probably done got his body like that because he won't to attract a woman with a nice body. Let's just go there. A man is in the gym to be fit because he liked to be fit. He probably gonna look for somebody fit. That's why your niece told you to lie and tell him your interest is that so you could find a nice fit man. Well, you got to be fit too, that's the key. You looking for fit, he looking for fit. But now, so I said that I love working out and traveling.
Speaker 2: God, dog, did you write running in there? Who like running?
Speaker 6: Not too many people so already now see And then Shirley said what she Shelly just be lying to y'all. Hirlie said, you should always tell the truth. Then she said, everybody lie. Well, but see now, if you gonna lie, you're gonna have to work on your lion, because y'all up in here telling lies. You can't got no bet. I love working out and running. Big ass ain't ran nowell ain't even been to the jail. She said, Let me shouldn't just tell you something. I'm not saying this is the case with this lady. But if you chubby. If you're chubby, you you probably don't run, and you shouldn't because it's bad on your joints. You're gonna mess your whole here, none, junior, hang on, we'll have shot out of shape.
Speaker 1: I stopped coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. We'll get back into the letter. It's called, uh, I'm too out of shape for him. We'll hear part two of Steve's response right after this. Boy, you're listening hard morning show. All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject I'm too out of shape for him?
Speaker 6: Well, you said it in your letter, so now why I got to watch what I say? You're forty eight years old, your divorced.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing wrong with that. Your niece helped you get a dating profile. Use a real photo.
Speaker 6: Yourself that would shold us up, should us up, real photo, shoulders up, head shot?
Speaker 2: What you did? What you did?
Speaker 6: Then she suggested that you lie about your interest so that you would have tshod you to track a man with a nice body. So I said, I love working out, running and trapped. Really okay, now work on your lion, Work on your lion. The app matched me with a tall, muscular, older man.
Speaker 2: He isn't cute. Oh, don't try to low rate him.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 6: See you're trying to make us think something wrong with him. But you got just what you asked for muscular. He in shape because he in that gym matched you, because you said you love to work out and run. He isn't cute, but we've been dating for six weeks now, obviously you can stomach it.
Speaker 2: He might not be cute, but he he ain't flat out ugly. Though.
Speaker 1: Why are you mad?
Speaker 2: Though? No, because she lied, No, I ain't. Now I'm getting that man.
Speaker 6: We've been dating for six weeks and getting really to know each other, and I like him a lot because he got personality. He runs marathons, and he asked me to do a charity run with him in April. Said yes, because I don't know how to say no. Now hold up, now you're finna go run? See this day not right here. For a minute, I thought this was Tommy, because we got Tommy love to work out, he stay in shape, and Tommy run a lot, and Tommy in good ass shape too, So I thought this was Tommy right here. But Tommy, well, you know, they said he was tall, and now I said.
Speaker 2: Okay, But but she said he was unattracted. Now right there, right there, it was you.
Speaker 6: Because I'm right there with you on that I've been trying to tell you for a while, but anyway, it ain't something. I said yes because I don't know how to say no. We started working out together and it was obvious I don't know what to do in the gym. I told him I do yoga now instead of going to the gym. Another lot. Yeah, see, listen to me. You got to work on your lions. You got to do something. You got to do like you got to say like you went to ribbon dancing. You got to do stuff people can't check of. Yeah, you gotta do stuff like that. You know, you play pickleball, stuff like that. You gotta say stuff that you know other black people don't do. Sitting up in here lying talking about you in the gym, and you run another lie. We worked out so hard my head hurt. Then we went to my house and he told me we was getting in the shower together. He looked at here in my eyes and said he wanted me, and he'd been waiting for this moment. My head was hurting, and I was so nervous because I look a lot better in my clothes than I do naked. That's ninety eight percent of the people in the world, Lady, don't worry about that. Everybody looked better in clothes, so I was nervous because I look a lot better in my clothes than I do naked.
Speaker 2: The shower was uncomfortable. Now, let's get back to this weight. Now.
Speaker 6: The shower was uncomfortable because it was crowded in there. You got your little chubby ass up in there, and that shower got crowded. Big muscle, uglass dude in that big muscle with the trade face. He up in there, just as strong all the muscles. He flexed. Your little chubby ass in there. And now you're uncomfortable in the shower because it's crowded in there. Too much weight. Y'all all up against the glass and tore the damn curtain down there. Y'all got water all over the toilet.
Speaker 1: See where is that in the letter?
Speaker 2: It's in there, Shirley. It depends.
Speaker 6: And I felt like he realized that I didn't work out by the way he looked at my body because he was looking.
Speaker 2: Round it, around it. He couldn't find the knob in there.
Speaker 6: He was trying to get the water a little hotter, but he couldn't reach the knob because you was all in the knob. The nozzle and the window all up in here. Chubby asked and told him, you like running, you know you ain't raring. No, damn well, you run up them steps so you'll fall out anyway. After the shower, you already know. We went straight to my bed. You had to hear up and get under them sheets, straight to my bed. It was our first time together, and I had such a hard time keeping up with him because he in the gym here in shape, and I'm gona tell you something about ugly man too. We got to be able to bring it because we might not get a second chance. So you couldn't even hardly keep up with him. My leg was not supposed to be in that way. He been it and it's still hurting. It supposed to go back there. Oh, he didn't do nothing. He ain't seen before. He had your ankle in his hand and it was back there by the other girl. If yours don't go back there, Shirley come talking about you need to get more flexible.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna get flexible by the next day. That's for days.
Speaker 6: So bes rye a whole hamstrang out trying to keep over this fool in his bed. This is over with this relationship is dead. You far there, You and your old ass husband wasn't doing none of that. I have lied and ended up with the man that's too good to be true. I'm too out of shape him. I can't have sex with him again. That's right now. I'm too afree.
Speaker 2: You should be. How do I fix my lives? I'll keep it. This man he gone, he is gone, he gone. Phil Lie in your leg, don't go back there.
Speaker 3: What we need to hit?
Speaker 2: You ain't free, chubby, You ain't flexible. At least be flexible.
Speaker 1: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. But it never sounded so good, so you should download it today. Coming up in forty six minutes after the hour, Junior is here with Sports Talk. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and sports Talk. What you got, Junior, Well, you know Robert Reed passed away.
Speaker 2: Man, Robert Reed passed away?
Speaker 7: Yeah, sixty eight years old, I mean played ten years with the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 1: Yeah up, please continued, Junior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you see.
Speaker 7: Roberhen playing on who I was a kid and rob Ree was playing in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Robert were the same. I'm saying, like, you know, like, what was he like ten years he played with.
Speaker 6: Mose Malone h a great player. You know, he was a role player. He's a role player. He's a role player.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was good, brother, Okay, all right? Man, Well you know, and then also makes black history.
Speaker 7: My uncle, I just I want to ask you about this too, Ali, Bill Russell, Jim Brown, he's like said Arthur ash Kareem and du Jabbar.
Speaker 2: What was they like for the movement for the civil rights? I mean they stood up.
Speaker 6: They were the most recognizable figures in the world today. You know, they were athletes and they weren't high paid athlete. They were making good money, but nothing like they make today. But they united themselves and stood up for the calls for the rights of black Them dudes right there made stance man scream upb changed his name from new Ale Censers. They changed his names to Montcommed. Ali, it's that is Jim Brown, man Dayton, white women on screens and talking back to folks. Because Bill Russell was winning championships, coaching and and and taking leadership roles. These men stood up Arthur ash made them change the game up tennis.
Speaker 2: They made them. These people man our field gifts and they was legends.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: That was just difference. And there's some cats out there today. It's very active. If you look at Lebron James, here's act hity out there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Ont some cats out there, man, that's about the business. Lebron James is in the community building school building stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: The Jordan Foundation right now is doing our standing work. Everybody was mad at Jordan in the beginning. But Jordan was born to change the game up basketball. Jordan was not born into this other role like uh, like Lebron was. Look, Jordan was born to take the game of basketball global. You go look in Turkey or anywhere and Middle East. That boy is on that wall with that ball in his hand, jumping through the apps.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 6: He became more active civil rights and stuff like that, jobs and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Jordan bad dude.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, man, Yeah, I didn't know all that he did all that. I didn't know all I ask changed tennis like that.
Speaker 2: That's what he taking do just being black in it and win it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Serena and Venus came and did a whole nother notch to that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what all right, another Black History moment. That was a sports moment there, Thank you, Junior. Thank you Steve. Coming up at the top of the hour, Steve, but woman on social media needs your advice. She says, my brother started a fight with my boyfriend. H oh, we'll talk about that, right.
Speaker 2: I will make that special announcement that I have from.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show. So Steve Carrey on Facebook says, one.
Speaker 6: A second before, you got to have a special Black History Month announcement.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, we could do it first.
Speaker 6: I just want you to know that next week I'll be releasing my very first hip hop gangster rap album.
Speaker 2: What what's your name?
Speaker 1: Why, Steve Harvey, you've been in the studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm releasing my very first hip hop gangster rap album.
Speaker 1: And he collapse.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want nobody and anybody qualified, just you, they're not.
Speaker 1: This is all me right, all me?
Speaker 2: All good? Yeah, figure up.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. You do some Beyonce historicals.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm using three people on the album next to lab but I okay, they're really nothing new bout it.
Speaker 1: So you didn't have to check with anyone. Crazy.
Speaker 6: It ain't gonna be out long, So soon as it come out, they're gonna take it down already.
Speaker 2: No seasoned decisions coming clear?
Speaker 1: All right? Is that your real announcement?
Speaker 8: That was it?
Speaker 3: Well? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Carrie on Facebook says I took my boyfriend to my family's house for dinner over the weekend, and he'd met them all before, but it was the first time we'd been together at one time. Out of the blue, my brother, who's closest to my age, starts an argument with my boyfriend, saying that he had something he had said, something offensive, which he didn't. Before I even realized what was happening, they were fighting and wrestling on the floor. My boyfriend is a lot bigger than my brother, so he quickly got the better of him, but then my dad and my other brother jumped in to pull them apart. My other brother puts my boyfriend in a headlock, which leads them to getting in a fight. Everything settles down and we leave, but when I talked to my family later, some how the whole thing is now my boyfriend's fault. He didn't start any of this, and now I don't feel comfortable bringing him around to my family's house. I feel like my family is ganging up on him and he doesn't deserve it. What should I do?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, you think you don't feel comfortable bringing him around, now, I been his ass puckers up, real nice, I'll tell you that for a damn show. You think you uncomfortable. He ain't going back over there, and it's nothing you can do about it. And they just sided up with your brother. I don't know what he could have said to your boyfriend to make this fight start. I don't know, but it would have been in your boyfriend's best interest to go, hey man, my bad. That is what I meant for if I said something you thought was offensive, I apologize you fighting this cat over their house now that dad and the other brothers and jumped in it's wall now. Yeah, and this ain't no reality show. This is why you can't have me in on reality show. He can't go over there Friday and they just be eating so they see they can't just be me. No, no, none of that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, so that's it for that.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he needs to break up with him. It's over too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can go and counsel him. Yeah, he everybody in your family. That's the other reason you can't.
Speaker 2: Go back over he can fight.
Speaker 1: All right, We do have time for another one. This is from Shelley. I'm Steve Harvey f M. Shelley says, I started dating this guy a few weeks ago and we really hit it off. We're both in our mid twenties, and he told me he was in a serious relationship for several years that ended last year. Last night was our fourth date, and he revealed that he has a two year old son. He says that he didn't tell me right away because he didn't want to scare me off, but that he would he would understand if I didn't want to see him anymore. Is it excusable that he was held that information from me until now? Should I see this as a sign that this relationship is a bad idea?
Speaker 2: You only wasn't dates? Yeah, that wasn't that long.
Speaker 6: He finally told you he had a son. You didn't find out He opened up and told you, and he told.
Speaker 2: You why he did it.
Speaker 1: That's why he didn't.
Speaker 2: What wasn't four years? Wait? Both dates?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I can stay together, all right? More of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. Well, Apple wants you to stop dropping your phone in water and putting it in rice. Didn't you say you just did that recently, Steve.
Speaker 2: Right, I just did that, drop the whole phone in that bathtube.
Speaker 1: But but Apple is now saying if you put your phone in rice, it could allow small particles the rights to damage your iPhone. So if your iPhone gets wet, a new feature sends an alert warning that your phone is wet and you should wait to charge it. Apple recommends gently tapping your iPhone against your hand to knock out access water. Then make sure that your connector is facing down. After that, leave your iPhone in a dry area with airflow, wait half an hour, and then repeat the process.
Speaker 2: The phone that you can drop into water can't afford it.
Speaker 8: For me.
Speaker 13: But when I did that, Yeah, so you still with the with the right So everybody's done the right trick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who hasn't.
Speaker 6: I ruined the phone one time after I dropped into the water. I didn't know the rice trick. I held it over over.
Speaker 1: Flames trying to dry it.
Speaker 2: The phone melt, you can burn it down all the inside. Milton. You know the last time I saw anything on.
Speaker 1: That burn the phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, looked it up online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather? Right after this you're listening hard morning show, and it's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather one nostril or one ear?
Speaker 2: Woo or that one ear?
Speaker 6: You can't have that half nostril on your face talking to because it's no way I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna give it to tell you you can't even focus.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 9: I gotta have both my ears. I got I got to bed, sit my glasses or something. I'm gonna have one nostril.
Speaker 6: The glasses and sitting on my head cock eye at an angle. I'm not gonna handle one damn nostril. I'm telling you that right now.
Speaker 1: Leave that face alone.
Speaker 2: You got one nostril where you're gonna put your glasses anyway?
Speaker 1: Your nose.
Speaker 6: You always pull your glasses down on your nose, don't you do that? Day you do something that's over with.
Speaker 2: From feel tooth?
Speaker 1: Would you rather wear a clown wig? Or clown shoes every day. Clown wig or clown shoes every day.
Speaker 2: Well, if Tommy wear my shoes, that's what they're gonna look like.
Speaker 10: Roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't on the road. I'm gonna go with the shoes.
Speaker 1: I told you, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: He used to put my shoes on all the time when he was little. He still he put them on.
Speaker 1: That Not much has changed, all right. Would you rather be stuck with your spouse in a treehouse or a tent on a stormy day, both of them with the spouse, Yes, yeah, yeah, treehouse or a tent.
Speaker 2: It's the same damn thing, both of them in a storm.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, just a treehouse. It's a storm with your spouse or a tent with your spouse on a rainy day, stormy day, it's lightning, it can Yeah, it's storming, stormy and you're in there with your spouse in a tent.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we up in this tree though. It's just too much. You're light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the tree in the treehouse. You're it's not storming.
Speaker 2: Well, tom you know you didn't explain it. You didn't explain it to the bill. That's for sure, j but we know you don't like that. Well, watch Tommy. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: Tommy like he can't get in the treehouse to keep the elves have lived there, you.
Speaker 8: Know the.
Speaker 3: Look look back.
Speaker 1: Like you ain't never bit at the treehouse before.
Speaker 2: This morning?
Speaker 1: Coming up? That's his roads. Would you rather coming up in forty nine minutes after? It's the last break of the day and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Thursday. And Junior, at the beginning of the show, you asked Steve a question about success.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you know, we try to put those two together, with money and success. He was saying, it's not the same. It's not like you don't have to have money to be successful. It's not that it's like your journey.
Speaker 2: Well, but your question was about success. What what was your question?
Speaker 7: I was saying, you're saying you don't have to have money to be successful.
Speaker 2: I said, how is that? How do you judge that?
Speaker 6: And you say, hey, because listen, man, here's the thing about success. What prohibits people from having success, first of all, is starting.
Speaker 2: The number one.
Speaker 6: Cause of failure is the fear of failure. Most people never even start. And then people equate success with the finish line. Now I'm successful, But that's not it, folks. The moment you make the decision to be successful, the moment you start the process, the journey to changing your current status in any shape form of fashion, success has begun. Because I'm telling you, man, too many people sit still in their life and never make a move. You know, you've got to make a move. You've got to start the process. You know, there's an old poem. This is not exactly but it's as a stands in a poem that I absolutely love. And this is not a verbatim, but this is what it talks about. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with dust, blood, sweat and tears, not to those cold and timid souls in the stands who.
Speaker 2: Know neither victory nor defeat.
Speaker 6: You got so many people on the side talking about the warrior that's in the arena. Social media is full of it, and it's causing people not to move. It's making us stagnant because we're so worried about what somebody gonna say if we fail.
Speaker 2: If you don't start, you failing anyway.
Speaker 6: If you understands talking about somebody else's success and you ain't got none, you failing anyway.
Speaker 2: I got news for you.
Speaker 6: If you in the stands talking about somebody else's success, you failing, even if you got a measure of success.
Speaker 2: Because I got time, I got news for you.
Speaker 6: People that's really trying to be successful, really trying to be happy, they ain't got no they have no time. They have no time to worry about somebody else. They ain't got time to mention nobody else. And man, you gotta start thinking about that, folks, because we live in the world right now where the concern is more for likes and clicks than it is for honor and respect. What happened to that? What happened to the honorable man? What happened to the man out of respect? What happened to me and sitting down like me and talking, Hey, bro, I got a problem with you. Let me holler at you. What is all this Taylor Swift stuff? You got a problem with somebody now you're putting them in a song. You got a problem with somebody. Now you're on a Little, A Little Nobody Asks podcast. Now, all of a sudden, you got yourself blowed up like you're an authoritative figure.
Speaker 2: You're not. You're not. Look, man, if we get our focus on what we're doing.
Speaker 6: Once you begin the process to become successful, you are a successful person. Stop looking at the finished line as the foremost success. The success is in the journey. The success is in the process. I give you an example. Let's say your goal is to become a millionaire one day. Let's just say your goal is to be a millionaire. Let's say your goal is to make one hundred thousand. Let's say your goal is to bring in one hundred and fifty thousand, whatever your goal is. And let's say you're starting with nothing today and tomorrow you start the process and you make yourself ten dollars. That's a successful day because guess what, you have began the process, and let's say in a week or so, you'd have made yourself a few hundred dollars. Yeah, you ain't a millionaire right now, but don't you see that you're on the way. Don't you see that you started the process. You are a success story. Waiting to happen. But you are in the process of writing the story. It's the people in the stands that's booing that. I ain't got no story at all. The credit belongs to the man who's actually in the arena. Man, them people in the stands that's booing you, who are they they?
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, you bought a ticket to see me.
Speaker 6: But now you up in there talking about I ain't this and I ain't that. You can't come out here and do none this, none of this. You ain't on the radio, you ain't got no TV show. You quit talking about me. You ain't got no rewards, you ain't got nothing. I got it, but you steady talking about me. Man, get yourself together. Start focusing on yourself. Folks, look at your personal journey. It's hard to make it. You don't have time to worry about somebody else, all these people online talking about everybody. Man, get yourself together. And here's the cold You know, Man, I'm gonna say this again because I just learned it this year. You will never have a hater that's doing better than you. Never you will never have a hater that's doing better than you. So why are you worried about them when they boo, boo all you want. I'm in the arena. I'm swinging for the wall. So what it didn't go over the wall. I hit a double. Well, at least I'm on second base. Your ass is in the stands. Bye, Felicia, Bye. Those are my cold remarks. I wish I had more time to damn out of time. Thank you, Junior.
Speaker 2: Y'all have a great day. Talk to God.
Speaker 6: He loved to hear from because I don't want to hear none. You got to say, boo, Steve, shut up?
Speaker 2: You understand.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.