Speaker 1: Listen to your shirt every single day, Yo, workless, clod God, damn the breakfast club. What that ass up on a breakfast club?
Speaker 2: Brady.
Speaker 1: They can't say breakfast club without these worthless clubs. You're like this rare air. She got platforms and partners all over the place. Because your man is so high, people want to be in business with the breakfast buck. I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. Dj Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlemagne the god. You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yo, good morning Usa.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Just hilarious in morning Charlamagne to get he stood up playing in his start day.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Thursday, good morning, hey man, another day to serve. What's happening? That's right? How you feeling, Jef hilarious?
Speaker 7: So good?
Speaker 3: That's stuff I hurt.
Speaker 1: That's why you elevated. Do on me, That's why you'll be walking like we have to do a show. Wasn't working?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Phone services out what they got to do with elevator and the goddamn key card.
Speaker 6: Well, you have AT and T and if you if your phone service does using the phone key card too.
Speaker 4: I just said key card, you elevated elevated work, but elevated at m D tail.
Speaker 6: But the key card is on your phone as well. They have a key card on your phone.
Speaker 1: And text us and like, I'm gonna tell you what happened.
Speaker 8: So on the way to work, when I usually leave the crib, I turn off the lights from my phone and it wouldn't work.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, all right, well maybe this WiFi out. And I'm, you know, on my way to work.
Speaker 8: Fifteen minutes now I'm looking at the cameras and I can't see nothing on my phone. I try to call the wife, I can't call anybody, and I'm like, this is weird. Now, all of a sudden it this is SOS on the phone. So immediately I think that somebody cut off my Wi Fi and is robbing the house.
Speaker 1: How did they cut the Wi Fi off? I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm I mean you no Wi Fi was a cord. Now you could you can cut it off. There's ways that you could hack it and block it. I mean you said, yeah, you can turn over somebody's while file.
Speaker 1: Off if you really want. How can you say that? But you don't even know how that can happen. I'm not saying anything. I can do it all the time. You hear about stories of people turn to service and turned the phone. I never heard of my city turned.
Speaker 6: The turn why for file off?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 8: So now I'm half for the work, right, So I'm like, oh, should I turn around? So I'm like, maybe I'm bugging, So I object to work. I get to work, get here the fastest I ever got hit in my life. Then you know we have a security guard outside that you know you can't creat your family, so you leave the house.
Speaker 1: No, I was already half for here. Are you listening? No, you listen to the story. He just said, no, he not listening. So I'm hard to wait here.
Speaker 8: I'm halfway here when I figure all this out, so I, you know, continue on the work. I jumped as soon as I buy the phone. I called the security like, let me use your phone. He said, you can use my phone, but it won't work. I said, well, I want to work. He said, at t got a nation.
Speaker 1: So he told you. He told me that it was out.
Speaker 8: So you know, people can't call ubers this morning. So if you're in the street and you're trying to get an uber, you can't call an uber.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've seen leave the world behind. Your phone won't work. Like me, I'm good, I go, I'm good. My bad. He was too high for no reason.
Speaker 4: That's what. Don't respect y'all responsors. You know what I mean of the black effect and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But you know, yeah, so y'all didn't go through anything, y'all when that's you and.
Speaker 1: I said, ain't guys the phone services.
Speaker 6: This is crazy over nothing.
Speaker 1: It didn't make no sense to me because the text because.
Speaker 6: Now that works with his WiFi because now you can work that.
Speaker 1: Wife, I don't know. I just like tell you sorry, it don't make no sense to watch Love is Blind. You did watch? I started watching watching the down syndrome. I just that was Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 3: I've already done that one, so now I need another love That was that one.
Speaker 1: Love is Blind.
Speaker 3: It's good too. It's not as good as Love on the Spectrum because I really like that. That one is more warm hearted. But love love is Blind is actually good too. I like it you can't even really meet somebody until you're about to propose to him.
Speaker 1: That about blind people trying to find absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Have both types of communities calling it's crazy the blind people don't the spect Some people.
Speaker 9: Just have that.
Speaker 1: And then you gotta watch Griselda.
Speaker 6: After you finish that, you gotta watch Grizel the Westside, Gun Conway, Benny the Butcher Dope. I was listening to the wasn't not talking about that morning. Were talking about actual.
Speaker 8: Real the real woman. Okay, wow, okay, god, you know what, forget it. Afion Crocker will be joining us this morning. Hey, he has a new flick out call a hip hop story comes out of February twenty third. Actually, so we're gonna kick it with a p on and a little bit and then we got front page news when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club Good Morning started by texted hole on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, because Jack Jack hall A got the number one song in the country, we need Beyonce to have the number one song in the country.
Speaker 6: Morning, everybody, We are to Breakfast Club dj m V just hilarious, charlamagnea God and let's get in some front page News, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Tens, Good morning DJ m V Jess, Hilarious, Charlemagna.
Speaker 1: God pays Test.
Speaker 6: I know you want to start out with the A, T and T experience in nationwide outage.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and also it is not just AT and T, Charlemagne and just hilarious. Verizon is also included and T Mobile as well. So I'm eighteen to stand up AT and T.
Speaker 1: It's not just us.
Speaker 3: So maybe maybe you guys, maybe your service did not go, but it is.
Speaker 10: The actual article says from CNBC that it is AT and T, T Mobile and Verizon.
Speaker 7: Ago.
Speaker 10: Okay, well at Verizon is definitely included, so stand up AT and T and be we not alone. So more than eight hundred service outages all over the country, and it says it is developing.
Speaker 3: But what I find interesting is Android. People like our producer Eddie.
Speaker 10: I don't know why people still like Android, but I couldn't text him this morning but my AT and T was still working. So I just want to give you the actual information on who has the allerges and who does not. And it is developing, so we don't know why and all that good stuff, but I'll continue to follow it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now, also let's jump right in the Trump.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So, former press and Donald Trump asked the judge overseeing his civil fraud case to delay enforcing his three hundred and fifty five million dollar judgment.
Speaker 3: He's asking for one month.
Speaker 10: He says that Leticia James, Attorney General Leticia James is unseemingly rushed to enforce the judgment by submitting a proposal to the judge to sign just days after the ruling. Now, Attorney James said that if it is not paid, she will begin to seize assets.
Speaker 3: Take a listen.
Speaker 5: Four days after a judge ordered Donald Trump to pay three hundred and fifty five million dollars for a decade of fraud, New York Attorney General Leticia James says she's prepared to do everything she can to make sure the former president pays his fine, including, she told us, seizing the buildings.
Speaker 1: That bear his name.
Speaker 12: If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek, you know, judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets.
Speaker 1: What's the president in a case like this, what a of a foreigner president being no, no, not not.
Speaker 4: A former president, but anytime somebody loses a civil lawsuit like this and they can't pay, they do they, you know, push enforcement of payment like this on anyone.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just I'm asking a wonder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, in general, yeah, I mean yeah, those options are there. Does it always happen every single time at of thousands of millions of cases?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 10: Do people do payment arrangements? I mean, do people say, you know, hey, we're just going to have a judgment. There's been some people that just had a judgment that never paid it. So it just really just depends. There's no general rule. Really depends on how the judge and how the judge wants to enforce it on a case by case basis.
Speaker 3: She also talked a.
Speaker 10: Little bit about, you know, there's a lot of people that are saying, hey, this is a victimless crime.
Speaker 3: You know, what's the big deal? He paid it back. So I wanted to give you her response to that as well.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 5: They said, no victim, no one got harmed, the banks got paid back, so no harm, no foul.
Speaker 1: Why is that not the case in your view?
Speaker 12: So financial frauds are not victimless crimes. He engaged in this massive amount of fraud, and it wasn't just a simple mistake, a slight oversight. The variations were wildly exaggerated and the extent of the fraud was staggering.
Speaker 5: Trump said the penalty against him would drive other businesses out of New York.
Speaker 10: Will appeal will be successful, I think, because frankly, if we're not successful.
Speaker 5: New York State is god. But the state's attorney general told us she's not worried.
Speaker 12: And last I checked, tourism is up and Wall Street is doing just fine.
Speaker 10: So Trump has asked him for thirty days again, and he has thirty days from the judgment, from the day of the judgment to either post a bond or appeal. We talked about earlier this week on there's I believe in eighteen million dollar non refundable fee just to post the bond, and the bond needs to be in the same amount as the judgment as well.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think people, you know, like Leticia James, Lytician James, you've got to make sure that you know this isn't personal because it's an election, yeah, you know, and let's make sure that these things aren't politicized and weaponar. I think they should follow the same protocols they follow with everybody else, because if they look like they're being too pushy and they're doing anything to Trump that they don't do with others, it's gonna validate his witch hunt claims and it's gonna validate his you know, they are attacking me claims, and you don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think they. I don't think they're concerned about that bill.
Speaker 1: That's not good politics.
Speaker 4: Then if that's what they're doing, because all they want to do is really energize his people to show up and support him.
Speaker 6: You know that's that's exactly what they're doing. I know, So I you know they should be concerned about that. Yeah, absolutely, All right, Well that is front page news.
Speaker 1: We were talking.
Speaker 10: Next our test guys, make sure you tap in an Alabama court rule that frozen embryos are now considered children. So some clinics are pausing their vat your fertilization because they don't want to be open to wrong for death liability. So very interesting story. Are going to take the whole segment to break all of that down. Have a lot of information on that tab back.
Speaker 8: In all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open callers. Now, it's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Mama?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Just pay me the morning, Charlomade andv and Jess. I'm so happy to just just hear it. Talk to y'all. Good morning. Oh my gosh, so getting stuff off my chest.
Speaker 13: I'm not trying to complain. I'm just trying to be deco and be happy and thankful for life.
Speaker 11: And just congratulations. I am the curator for the box, and I would love to.
Speaker 13: Get you one, assuming as soon as you become a new mama again.
Speaker 11: And Envy and Charlomagde y'all could get one for your wife too.
Speaker 3: What is it not as a baby you said, it's a web box.
Speaker 13: It's called the Moor Box.
Speaker 11: It's the first African Inspire gift box.
Speaker 10: Mom.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to say it sounded very African.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it sure is.
Speaker 11: Sure, let me sell us for you. That's all.
Speaker 1: M U g W O Box about the senters of Google. I got vot. You knows, I knew they're gonna get you. Give They're gonna give you the address the Senate.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 1: Hey you give me the address? Police? Hello?
Speaker 7: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Mike Man? I just wanted to shout out the breakfast club, bro, and I'm in a long time fan, bro. Congratulations to just hilarious. Only it's very you know, you know, I'm gonna be honest with you, man, like I uh, I didn't understand how important how that you know what I mean, how that was just you know, having just bringing life to you know, the world.
Speaker 4: You know, and.
Speaker 15: She bled man for real?
Speaker 7: What you mean?
Speaker 1: You was the baby once too? Cirtain you here because it's because of birth.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, yes, sir, hearing about it, you know you know what I mean. But uh, even with you, yeah, you know what I mean, just everybody who was blessed enough to because some people can't have that, you know what I mean. Fact some people ain't of course enough.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean that absolutely appreciate you can't. Brother, you have a go on word you too, put that out. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You just got up like it ain't gonna need to be smoking. It's early in the morning. Has a breakfast birst.
Speaker 8: Put it on chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vin, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. The Breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest. Wait, whether you're mad or blessed something to get up and get something call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Top of the morning is Henry.
Speaker 1: Henry up, get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Polling p y'all. First of all, Henry, to hell with New England. Man was crazy what they did to you bro last night, coming out of work, feeling good, good vibe and then just got hit with one of those Mike Tyson ones. Took my tire out.
Speaker 1: Oh I feel it for like two hours. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Well, you know why I'm still blessed. You know, I got my life and nobody else got hurt, no cars or nothing. You know, it's it's something like compared to the Grand Scheme of things.
Speaker 4: You know, you just be thinking it's the apocalypse for two seconds, like what you'd be like, what happened?
Speaker 1: Who as you hit the pothole?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Oh my god, I thought I thought God kicked my car. I was wilent, but in my full yo. I appreciate y'all and I called regularly. This is pencilman. You know I'm saying. I just go by my name Henry, So shout.
Speaker 13: Out to y'all.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Honeyton, Loon Island, and add Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Why they call you the pencilman, I'm a pistolman.
Speaker 2: Now we spoke about this before. My father's name is pencilman. You searched them up? Yeah, og from Brooklyn. I got a business I had on in the LLC.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh forgot what sum? All right? Stay shocked? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: This is precious, precious, good morning.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh. I have been calling for years since my first time getting through.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 11: I'm so happy for your journey. Finally somebody can take over having the ann your baby showers for dj MPY.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, charl Man.
Speaker 11: I am a cancer just like you, and I'm also a two time cancer survivor. Hey, I got all your books in my Amazon cart, and I got it on my whishlist for everybody to clear those out.
Speaker 2: So I just want to tell y'all, I love y'all.
Speaker 15: I love what you're doing for the culture.
Speaker 11: Keep doing it, and God left everybody.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the wish list? What's the Amazon wishlist?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 11: It's actually the first book is in there, but I desire to read them all.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, what is it like what Charlemagne' book or just oh, yes, we said we'll send it to you. Yeah, but I'm saying, how do we pay it?
Speaker 1: How do we pay the wish list said, I didn't actually make.
Speaker 11: A whist list. It's in my fa for later.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Oh got you got your someone reading right now?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know I do. That's what'll send you say, got it? You just gotta wait to read it?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's in my car.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Yeah, we'll send you a copy.
Speaker 6: Hold on We'll send you a bunch of books from my Okay, And shout out.
Speaker 11: To all my breath and lung cancer survivors. I'm a two time cancer survivor, so shout out to everybody out there.
Speaker 1: He survived breast and lung cancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's an avenger.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: During COVID, during COVID, damn. Thank god, God got his hand on you, her hand on you.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: I love you.
Speaker 1: I hope you.
Speaker 4: I hope you know that God got you here for a real reason and and he definitely got a purpose for you.
Speaker 1: I hope you know that.
Speaker 11: Of course I do. And I can't wait for the world to be here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely put Eddie sent her a book, Please get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We got just with the mess coming.
Speaker 1: Up, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: We're getting into some of Wendy Williams business.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club Morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is Steve, j M V Jess, Hilarry and Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 6: I just want to tell you, guys, if you experienced some phone outage or your phone is not working. Is a huge outage across the country, so especially with a T and T. I know I have a T and T and my phone is out right now. So call us right now and tell us you're having any problems with your phone. You'll shut up, man, I don't know what we're gonna do. Shut up, all right, Well, let's get.
Speaker 1: To just with my mess.
Speaker 2: Jesus real.
Speaker 14: Robber lord, just don't.
Speaker 1: Do is gonna bring numbers on the breakfast.
Speaker 6: Clubs with the just.
Speaker 3: Wendy Williams's family thought that she could die from her alcohol abuse. So Wendy already reportedly suffered from Graves disease and lymphidema and battled alcohol abuse, and her sister told people that there were points during the last year when the family was on pins and needles, wanting, you know, waiting by the phone to get a call that Wendy died.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'm exclusively reporting that a source revealed that Wendy has frontal temporal dementia and her life her Lifetime documentary is set to air this Saturday. And this is interesting. It was original so when he first started filming the documentary, it was originally supposed to be like her comeback after her TV show was canceled, but it quickly became something else. They saw when he started like filming it and recording it, that she was messed up, you know, And yeah, apparently she wasn't. She wasn't right. Wasn't doing too good, and the executive producer, Mark Ford said she was already battling so much physically, and then it became clear that there were mental and addiction issues she was also battling. But all through it she was adamant and they had went back and forth to see if it was going to help or hurt her, and in the end they all decided that it would help her. I don't know how, but we'll watch this Saturday.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's clear something that's, you know, been wrong with Wendy Williams, and it's sad that she continues to be exploited in this way. But you know, life is a wild thing. Boy, you just got to sit back and watch things play out. I promise your life is a wild, wild process.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so, definitely prayers to Wendy. Tracy Ellis Ross recalls being dropped by an agent. She went on Conan O'Brien's podcast and he was asking her. I mean, he basically has said he was under the impression that she went from girlfriends straight to Blackish, and she had let him know, like, nah, it was like a minute in time like between that where she was actually trying to find work.
Speaker 17: I really did think, after being on a show that I considered a hit that was so beloved for eight years as the lead, that the purlgates of Hollmework, we're going to open when it finished. They did not.
Speaker 3: They were locked.
Speaker 17: The woman the agent said to me, it just don't pop. She said, you come with all these things, these bells and whistles, you're pretty, your mom's famous, you have good style, but then you get in the room and nothing happens.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna drop you. I mean, I carried that punch for so long.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, the firston who doesn't pop?
Speaker 3: And that was Girsh Agency. I actually had a meeting with them as well. But to know that they actually told her that, yeah, yeah, say the actual agency. Yeah that the agency is called Girsh Agency. But yeah, that's crazy to have sat there. And that was six years. That was a six year gap between Girlfriends and Blackish, and I actually had went through, you know, some of the comments. I do that when I'm looking up these stories, and it was repeatedly said that people thought that she was not black enough for her black audience, so she's not white enough for her white audience. So she's like kind of stuck in the middle. I disagree with both. I mean, like Tracy Ella's ross is always a big ball of energy, like she's I mean, I don't know what they would be looking for, but this lady got I don't know.
Speaker 6: This lady is a phenomenal actress. People are wrong every day, Like it's really just that simple. That's Joe and Carol Clayton from Girlfriends.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, Okay, that's doctor Rainbow Johnson from Blackish. Now she's the Golden Globe winner and double AACP winner. That agent was just wrong.
Speaker 3: I love how she's able to be vulnerable, vulnerable enough to expose that to say that though, because people, yeah, like Conan O'Brien said he thought that she went straight from Girlfriends to Blackish, but I don't know how because that was a big gap. But I don't know what he thought she was going in the middle of that, but she was dropped by agency. That was my stuff.
Speaker 4: Girlfriends one of my top three favorite TV shows of all time, my top five yep, probably number back in the day, maybe number one. All right, come on, Charlene, Doctors and Girlfriends our girlfriends moved that I can go either way okay.
Speaker 3: Well, Rohan and Marley praises Lauren Hill. Rowan Marley sat down with we in my Miami podcast. They asked him what it was like dating Lauren Hill, and this is what he said.
Speaker 1: It was wonderful.
Speaker 18: It was a beautiful learned a lot, living together, being together as couples and things. It doesn't work in that sense, but as a human being, as a mother of my children, I highly respect her.
Speaker 1: So now you and you have five children with the Lauren Hill.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they are all beautiful and they do wonderful things. They are all creative.
Speaker 1: I like her ideology as a person.
Speaker 18: During the album of Miss Education, I was always in the studio and there in presence whatever resources I have with her. It's my father's studio in Jamaica. Oh he needs a bass player. Let me call my dad's base player. My favorite artists outside of my brothers and sisters been the Readie.
Speaker 1: The Lauren Hill is my favorite. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was beautiful to hear him praise her.
Speaker 4: Where's Ai when you needed it happens? She was always late, She never punctual. Everything late, wake up late.
Speaker 3: This is also the relationship that actually broke her down though. Actually, yeah, absolutely, this is also the relationship that actually broke down. We're gonna say neck like it didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about it, Okay, you done well.
Speaker 3: You don't know why she late?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want to talk about how she lit and all that yet because no, probably not.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's stuck with her that long.
Speaker 3: But she even I don't know. She she's different, She's definitely different after this relationship. She looked different.
Speaker 1: She just is different, y'all.
Speaker 3: And she was very vocal about this, like how that relationship messed her up, and her fans know that. So, yeah, we're going to keep it a buck and not play around because it's Rohan Molly and the movie just came out about us.
Speaker 4: Through One Love to One Love made a lot of money at the box office. Yeah, I thought I saw seventy million. I don't know if that's the exact numb.
Speaker 1: I thought it was eighty. Congratulations to look it up. Gradually.
Speaker 3: Real security calls out Young Miami for being rude. Now, I thought this was real, real stupid because people are just very entitled and I'm a security officer from the Super Bowl made a TikTok video to call Young Miami out for being mean.
Speaker 14: Yes, so I end up k and Ari at the Super Bowl experience, and let me tell you, child, Karsha is meaning, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, how girl, my good s's Miami.
Speaker 1: She's just not acknowledging me.
Speaker 3: Mind you I'm security. I'm not no regular guest. So you could fake look up and address me like, hey, the FS try to jump on, You're gonna let.
Speaker 1: Them, and you should be.
Speaker 3: She's, first of all, she looks she's smaller than Young Miami. You you nine times out of ten. You you was high at part time, but you know, just for more coverage. You are not her personal security. So what you was just security for the venue. And then now you could fake up and look, it's the video going around. Karsha was on the phone anyway, and and Ari was with her Ari moneybag Yeo's girlfriend. She actually was looking in that direction when a girl was recording. So Ari spoke, yeah, but why are you so entitled? If somebody could have jumped on anywhere, you weren't paying it, sence you had your phone out, So you should be fired for saying, unless somebody jump on you, we're gonna jump on her when she she obviously walking with her security.
Speaker 1: I just feel like people are just.
Speaker 3: Clambed out, like you know, guys, be claims but closed and she definitely should be fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stop being a groupie and do your damn job. Do your job for the weekend. And she not your good sis.
Speaker 3: She is young Miami. She is still a star.
Speaker 1: If I think folks think that people are extras in their reality show, yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not no regular.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are.
Speaker 3: You're a for all time security guard for the super Bowl, and that's it.
Speaker 1: Do your job and then go home.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: But that's Jo with the mess for the first time of her news.
Speaker 8: Is real, all right, and we come back. We got front page news and then Api Cracker will be joining us.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: NV.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious.
Speaker 8: Charlamage the guy all to Breakfast Club and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 6: Good morning, it says, good morning.
Speaker 3: DJMVY jests, hilarius. Charla Mande got good morning.
Speaker 6: He said, Let's jump right into Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a really really interesting case, guys. I want to break all this down.
Speaker 10: Alabama court has ruled that frozen embryos are children.
Speaker 3: Take a listen.
Speaker 19: In Friday's unprecedented decision, the all Republican court ruled that frozen embryos are the legal equivalent of children. Now, Alabama's largest hospital is pausing all in vitro fertilization treatments as healthcare providers across the state and the country evaluate what this means. The ruling could have a devastating effect for people who desperately want to have children in a state that already has one of the nation's strictest abortion laws. The decision may also make the already expensive costs of infertility skyrocket because of rising liability costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the hell does this mean? I'm with them? Did that mean? Yeah, let me give you some.
Speaker 10: More information and then I'm gonna answer that question. Now, nearly one hundred thousand babies who were born using IVF treatments, which is in vitro fertilization, is more than two percent of all birds. Now, before I get into some more details, I want you to take a listen to what this patient had to say and how they're pausing her treatment.
Speaker 20: Take a listen to that is IVF your last hope to have a baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is no other way.
Speaker 20: This morning, your got a phone call from her fertility doctor at the University of Alabama with the news the hospital system is pausing all IVF treatments. Well, it takes a closer look at the steep Supreme Courts ruling that frozen embryos are considered people.
Speaker 3: Now, Nikki Haley chimed in on this.
Speaker 10: She kind of said, made one statement and then she backtracked, or some people say, clarify. I want you to hear what she said about how she was an IVF patient, because this is obviously going to become a political issue. And then she came back and said, no, that wasn't what I said on the King Charles Show. Take a listen to that. And then Charlemagne, I'm explaining how we got here.
Speaker 17: I mean, I think I mean embryos to me or babies, so even those created through IVF. I mean I had artificial intellation.
Speaker 3: That's how I had my son.
Speaker 20: Didn't say that I agreed with the Alabama ruling.
Speaker 21: What the question that I was asked is do I believe an embryo is a baby? I do think that if you look in the definition, an embryo is considered an unborn baby, and so yes, I believe from my stance that that is the difference is and this is what I say about abortion as well.
Speaker 20: We need to treat these issues with the utmost respect.
Speaker 10: Okay, I believe it was last week somebody called in on get it off your chest and said, you know what is reproductive rights? What are you reproducing? This falls under reproductive rights. So when you hear reproductive rights, it's not just about abortion, it's also about the ability to have a child, which IVF falls under. Now, this case stems from a wrong for death lawsuit. So, guys, three couples whose embryos were at a fertility clinic in twenty twenty. The patient wandered into the place where the embryos were stored, handled them, and accidentally dropped them. As a result, the embrias were destroyed. So the couple sought to sue the Center for Reproductive Medicine under the States Wrong for Death of a Minor Act. Now, that law at that time only covered a fetus, It did not recover embryos. So the lower court rule that embrios did not qualify as a person or child and that the death lawsuit could not move forward. But then the Alabama Supreme Court came in sided with the couples and ruled that the frozen embryos were considered children. So now that ruling said that the wrong for death can apply to all unborn children, regardless of their location. Chief Justice, who was a conservative, Chief Justice Tom Parker, wrote that even before birth, all human beings have the image of God, and their lives cannot be destroyed without effacing His glory.
Speaker 3: So that's how we got here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't believe you should be held if you destroyed frozen embryos because I mean, in the Alabama case, it was an accident, you know, but you.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't have been in there. There's no accident that lady she said.
Speaker 4: Still was an accident, Like she didn't intentionally destroy the embryos. She I think she said she burnt her hand or something something happened and she ended up dropping them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she shouldn't have even been in that room with them with the embryo. I don't know if she should have been in there or not. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be held liable if you accidentally destroy frozen embryos.
Speaker 8: If you're not supposed to be there and you're not a healthcare worker to be to be you know, I guess moving the embryos around and you just what are you doing in that room?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 10: But the larger yeah, but the larger question is, guys, do we want to consider embryos as children?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: If you can grow into a fetus. If these is this is what I need to even have a baby. Yeah, I mean if they have to be artificially inseminated, because that's what IVF is, correct, So if that's how it starts, I mean, we don't get fetuses without embryos.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but the whole people liable and staying for cold, the reliable for wrongful depth of a minor.
Speaker 1: For that situation.
Speaker 6: Yes, because if you know, a lot of times it's hard getting these embryos right.
Speaker 1: And that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So now this this lady got an embryo and she's expecting them. I'm sure they were gonna implant it, and she's expecting to have a baby and you can't. And she dropped three of them, and you know, and and as you get older, the eggs don't come as much for women like that's difficult, Like what it was a.
Speaker 1: Wrong for devilsuit? Did they win? Did they win the lawsuit?
Speaker 10: Well, at that level, it said that they did. That's why it became this this issue on the Supreme Court. So it did grant them the wrong for death. Now I didn't dig into if they actually won the particular I didn't get go down water hole in that particular couple. But because I want people to look at the larger thing, the slippery slope on if we're going to consider, because this is.
Speaker 1: You go to jail for abortions now, right right, So I.
Speaker 10: Don't want to focus on this one case. But it's not just this one case. This is a conservative movement or push and if you agree with it, that's fine. If you agree if your pro life, that's fine. But we can't get caught up on this one particular case. The issue is do you want to consider just like they're arguing over the feet, it's an abortion, when does it become a child? They're now saying that even your egg, you know, is considered a actual child. And it's okay if you want to agree with that, but we got to be clear that that's what the conversation is. That's what the conversation is going to be politically, that is what they're talking about when they're saying reproductive rights, because I know conservatives love saying reproductive rights.
Speaker 3: You just want to have an abortion. No, reproductive rights also gives people the right to have children, to be pro family, to go through this process, to spend millions of thousands of dollars. Remember we've had Edie K Williams on the show talking about IBF.
Speaker 8: I don't think an embryo, if something happens to an embryo, it should be the same law as abortion.
Speaker 1: But in this, in this other case, off your logic.
Speaker 8: But in this other case where this woman went into a facility and had no right to be there and killed that embryo, that's something different.
Speaker 4: These remember with the girl that who had to didn't know she was pregnant, she had like the miscarriage on the toilet, and they charged her.
Speaker 8: Right, So this is it's a slippery slope. No, it's a slippery slope. But yeah, because I don't I don't think it should be considered. But in that case where somebody has paid the money and went through the right process and test said this lady wasn't supposed to be in this room. It was in this room and dropped it and desroid it.
Speaker 10: Shouldn't be a child though that's what I should it. But but I want to ask you, you know, as a father, do you think it should be considered a child?
Speaker 6: Because we can't just do case by case.
Speaker 8: This is because in this case is totally different. Because yeah, because it's but I know it's.
Speaker 10: Probably right, but I know it's different. But the court is going to have to establish whether it's a child or not. So I know this particular case. But the issue is that I would say I was taking that case out, I would say, no, we got to take the case out of it and just decide are we going to consider this a child or not? Just like with abortion, is it a fetus as a child or is.
Speaker 3: It a fetus?
Speaker 10: This is gonna be an interesting conversation guys as people continue to move forward, because remember we talked about this before. People are running on issues, so Democrats will be running on reproductive rights, Row versus Wade, Conservatives will be running on immigration. So this is a topic that's going to keep coming up because remember what happens in Alabama, can also happen in another state.
Speaker 3: People start following this as a president, so I just, you know.
Speaker 1: Very bad.
Speaker 4: I don't think I kind of agree with every I don't think this whole case should be used as a president for that, but I know it will be because I'm looking at it now like she did.
Speaker 1: She did go in there and just grab a handful of me. What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She said says It says she walked into an unsecured doorway and removed several embryos from the cyrogenic nursery. The patient's hand was freeze burned by the extremely low templatres, so she dropped it.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, but the Chief Justice, I know y'all want to keep talking about the case. But the Chief Justice and his opinion said, before all birth, all human beings have the image of God.
Speaker 4: A crime that's committed, I don't know. I don't know if it was a wrongful depth, but the crime was committed.
Speaker 10: Right absolutely, So maybe not wrong for that baby, just a crime for going in and grabbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know about no wrong, no wrong for death of a minor, but yeah, crime was committed.
Speaker 1: But think about it.
Speaker 8: We both have friends that that women who frozen air absolutely and you know they get to an age where they don't have as many eggs anymore. So imagine that's their last eggs and the lady just dropped their last the eggs and embal.
Speaker 1: A crime was committed. I just don't know if it's a wrongful death.
Speaker 10: But again, the death of a child. Child, So that's what we gotta be clear about. They're literally considering a child. That's yeah, So that that's the like I said, maybe a crime, but maybe not.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, not wrong for definthe of a child. A crime was committing. Yeah, well that is front page News. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Tell absolutely make sure you follow our testing figure out on all social media platforms and subscribe to the Straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Back Guy Heart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 6: All right, a young Crocker will be joining us.
Speaker 8: He has a new flick, a hip hop story that comes out February twenty third.
Speaker 6: We're gonna talk to comedian a young Crockett. Next, it's the Brea This Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody. It's DJ m V Jesse Larry as Charlamaine the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, On Crocker, welcome back.
Speaker 6: It's been a long time too, got.
Speaker 1: That long, you know, I mean, but long enough. You're here for a good reason though.
Speaker 22: A hip hop story, Come On, Brother, comes out this Friday, independent, you know what I'm saying, independently, hip hop story. And I wanted to really emphasize because people are like when they see a movie, right, they always assumed, why ain't playing near me? How come it ain't at the theater right by my house? Well, because there's no big studio behind it is you know what I mean. This is me and my boy Domain. We just put this thing out. But it just it just happens to look great and it has a great message, and it's it's for the culture, by the culture.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that Domain looks so tall in person as opposed to how.
Speaker 22: He looks in the movie, right because he plays the Froway Care a freeway Freeway.
Speaker 1: I hope. Charlie Mack then put in a call to let him know it's all funny game now.
Speaker 22: We spoke to him on Live the other day Freeways our brother man. He loves the energy around it and he's amazing.
Speaker 1: If you need to love the energy around it before you He's.
Speaker 22: Seen us do the impersonations before, man, So it's all love.
Speaker 1: Man, it's all love. Charlamagne, you're trying to start.
Speaker 11: I was just like, damn why.
Speaker 4: I was like, why free Way? Why Freeway getting all these shots because he saves the days that he wrote. What are you talking about? He got to go through a few trials and tribulations and jokes. It's a comedy. We gotta we gotta make fun of people. We all get some strays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we said this is independent. It's completely independent. Shout out to you for writing and producing it too, Like, ma'am, that's amazing. I love saying it because I love seeing us do things like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 15: I like that.
Speaker 3: I want just to piggyback what you said off of, like how he's trying to start stuff with the impersonations and people getting people to play them. Has anybody ever like been offended by you like doing impersonations or.
Speaker 22: Just nah, I'm friends with all these people first of all, and then you know I'm the guy that I'm the hip hop weird al where I've become the guy that they know I'm showing love to them, and it's like a It's like I'm giving they know I'm giving them flowers.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 22: It's almost like a badge of honor. Like Nas asked me, man, why you ain't never did an impression me. So when I when I hear a god MC asking me to do an impression, that means I mean something to the culture. So this is a love letter to everybody in the culture, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When I was watching the movie, the thing I kept thinking about was this is the only vehicle Avion could showcase all of these skills that in one play and placause you've been doing all these characters forever fat but like I don't know, Hollywood would ever understand exactly what it is you do, Like you would have to do this.
Speaker 1: On your own.
Speaker 22: Well, that's it's funny you picked up on that, because that's why I originally wrote it. I wrote this back in two thousand and eight. So when I did it, that was at the time when me and Damain was doing all of the YouTube parodies and everybody every time I go somewhere, yo, do jay Z do this? Do that, And I was like, I'm tired of doing these goddamn impression Why don't I just put them all in one project so y'all can have all the impressions in one one sitting and I'm done with them. That's how I thought at the time, But now it's just like, all right, it's I'm gonna use all my tools to my advantage.
Speaker 1: You know, how many do you do in the movie? How many personations?
Speaker 22: I still haven't counted, but it's probably twelve Russell, Jay j Luda, Cornell, Drake, Joe, Joe Budden.
Speaker 1: Did we say corn.
Speaker 22: Yeah, Drake, Will Smith, Fresh Prince, Oh yeah. And I'm doing Biggie's voice for Cedric on the rat.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 22: It's a lot, man, Dang we cooking cooking. But when I say it's independent, I mean I literally paid for this movie with stand up to our money. Wow, right, he demand had all the cameras in the film. Know how, we both know how to edit, we both know how to produce. So this was really uh an effort. So to see that when I dropped that trailer, to see it spread around the internet as fast as it did within a day, and to see all the culture from Snoop to Exhibit to Cedric to deon Cole Russell Simmons, Like everybody was posting this joint and just rallying behind it, you know what I'm saying. So I'm just thankful to the culture for seeing it for what it is. I do think it was real at first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You played so many games sometimes that I was like, what do you mean you I don't think it was real. I was like, it's a funny trail he's playing. It was like a sketch trailer.
Speaker 19: I did.
Speaker 4: I can see that because you're always playing rightfully, So I do play a lot.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm also very ship. I didn't realize it was a real movie about two weeks ago. I saw the trailer. I was like, that's a funny trailer.
Speaker 4: But then as I saw people like Charlie Mack and everybody keep posting it, and I saw the posting, I'm like, oh, this is really a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody you said his parodies like nah, but you see certain people posting, It's like.
Speaker 1: I gotta be he's got something. Don't play like that exactly all the time. So yeah, you seeing Snoop was one of the biggest fans. Man.
Speaker 22: He's like really championing the movie right now too. But again, this is my love letter to the culture. But we put some production value into it too, Like it ain't it ain't like some bootleg kind of cheesy movie. We got lighting, we got cameras, we got the whole situation, and it's a great story. What gave you the idea of film?
Speaker 4: Because you said you started in two thousand and eight, but it feels so timely because last year it was the fiftieth year.
Speaker 1: Yeah hip hop.
Speaker 22: Yeah, So I wrote it in two thousand and eight, And because I incorporated so much of hip hop history and the nostalgia, that doesn't change. So the only thing I had to change reference wise was some of the some of the newer references, like in the original scripts when they were trying to go around and get the message of hip hop back out to the culture, we went to places like one O six in Park and Tavis Smiley Show, So I just swapped that out for you know what I mean, like funk Flex and Joe Budden and all that too. You know, I mean, did you ever consider not playing all those roles in the movie, the ones that I knew that I could play, I never considered like switching them out. The only one that I wasn't supposed to play was Ghosts, the ghost Face character. But you know, we had a we had a situation and I had to step in at the last minute and to do do what I had to do. But no, I always wanted to showcase myself and my friends, like the main place three characters Puff Freeway, mo D, Yeah, oh my god, bodyes D in the in the flashback scene that we showcased some really historic moments. So the battle between Kumo D and Busy B, which was the time when lyricism was now like the showcase, you know, even though we had Graham, Mastercas and those guys doing it. That was the battle that made people say, Okay, I want to go away from party MC in to lyricism. And so we wanted to just showcase real moments in hip hop history interlaced with comedy.
Speaker 6: How much homework did you have to do? I did a lot of this stuff you grew up on, and you knew already.
Speaker 1: I knew a lot of it. A lot of it was already living in my brain.
Speaker 22: What I did do was research on like dates, times, people's ages, so it could be realistic to our portrayals of them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: White theaters, white theaters. Yeah, we have a deal with AMC.
Speaker 22: We have a close friend over there that presented the idea to us, and I'm like, the streaming game is amazing, but a movie like this you need to see in theaters. It's a difference between looking at or listening to an album on your phone versus listen to it in the studio or in your car. Like this is a hip hop movie. It's a musical, right, so the beats in the rhymes if you listen to it in the theater, Like when we had our premieeres. The two screens that we've had, you see people in the theater like doing this. They nodding their head and they rocking, and if they're cheering after the finale song. I won't say what it is, but after that finale song, they are cheering in the theater. So we wanted to have that movie going experience, and because we have a connection over there with AMC, it just felt like a good look for us. You know, most movies have a thousand to four thousand. Those big budget movies, those superhero movies, they have four thousand locations. We were like, give us one hundred and fifty and let us just work with that. And that's plenty for us because again we don't have big marketing dollars behind us. It's my stand up money.
Speaker 1: You understand me.
Speaker 4: No, let them know you called in a lot of favors to that. Of course, Man, this game is all about relationship absolutely.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean even me being here with.
Speaker 22: Y'all, Like I just put out the call Eddie, and you know, y'all show love to me all the time. So I was like, yeah, I want to promote this indie movie and that's why I'm here. So same with the movie. I called Cedric Lil Rell. It was all text messages. Charlie Mack, he put in calls, Little Mama came out, she played the MC light broy But everybody was perfectly cast. It was everyone that I had in my mind that I wanted to play these roles. They all showed up for me.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: When we come back, we got more with apon Crocket. There's a lot going on with comedians recently. We got to talk to about it. When we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 6: It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning Owning, Everybody's DJ MV.
Speaker 8: Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne and the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with apon Crocket. This new movie, A Hip Hop Story, comes out February twenty. I got a question. You get tired of doing impersonations? Is it one of the things Like it's like like I'm tired of doing a goddamn.
Speaker 22: Person time when I when I wrote the movie, that's when I was tired of it because I was like, I want the world to see me for whatever. Now I don't give it. Love me for how you love me, you know what I'm saying. However, you recognized me, have you whatever you you take on if you just know me from an Instagram post, it's.
Speaker 1: All, what's your favorite one to do? I don't have a favorite impression to do. I just I just do them.
Speaker 22: But my my favorite new one because it's been so well received in these screenings, its Corner West.
Speaker 1: I never seen you.
Speaker 22: Don I seen anybody don hilarious. I've seen a couple of people do it, but I just did my own take on them. But that was my first time doing them. I didn't even know I could really do it. So I just told my makeup artist, I said, just give me the wig, give me the gap and the teeth, And once I had the whole garb on, Charlie Mack almost passed out laughing. He just couldn't contain himself. It was just so funny to him. So that's when I knew the look was right on. And then when the cameras came, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I want to get down here.
Speaker 22: To the breakfast club, even though they don't have no eggs, bakers, avocado.
Speaker 1: Toad you see.
Speaker 16: You see Charla Madney, Yeah, Charla Madney understands what the eyebrows mean to the black people.
Speaker 1: You see. You see, you see? Now, why do they have Jet sitting in a gender reveal? You see? I don't know, because she's the queen of the gender people. You see.
Speaker 4: It's just immortalized those characters forever. Like, do you even do off? You do jay Z anymore?
Speaker 1: Do you do Russell anymore?
Speaker 4: After that?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Okay, you have too. I mean the two that you just named, Jay and Russell, they're fans of my impression of them. Russell love it and this movie is one of those movies that's gonna live on forever, even though we set out to do it with our hopes and you know, let's see what it does. Let's let's see we can make a movie. Now that we have it done and you can see it, it's gonna live off forever. What is hip hop coach to you?
Speaker 4: Because I always thought about this because even back in the day when y'all used to do the sketches you and Nick, it always kind of felt like y'all was making fun of down South music.
Speaker 22: Nah, what we made fun of is lazy music, okay, because that's that's the distinction.
Speaker 1: In the movie.
Speaker 22: The barbershop scene shows you that this conversation between old heads and young heads, and old music versus young it's always been a conversation. You know, that barbershops scene was about blues versus soul. So that's me pointing out saying, look, as old heads, we gotta stop saying that the young generation is trash or that they we just don't understand them. We were older, we're not supposed to understand them. But all of them are some of them are great.
Speaker 1: The same way.
Speaker 22: There's some garbage everybody in the nineties was not fire, you know what I mean. So we can't sit back and be like your hip hop always been fired from some garbage in the eighties and the nineties, right, So there's some lazy young rappers, and then we got Simba and we got Little Russell. We got some dope, dope guys out here. UZI Vert is a bee boy, you know what I mean. He chooses to do songs like I just want to rock, and that's him having fun. He has the creative artistic freedom to do that. But that dude's really a bee boy. He will win mill on your ass, he will do some flares, he will top rock on you, so you can't say he's not of the culture. So it's just to point out to say, look, we gotta stop bickering. We use the young people as a device to get the backpack character jay Bum to have something to be like yo man, hip hop up. But as we start going down the journey, black culture starts to be put on the spotlight and the elites of the black colt start to be you know, so we all are responsible for where we are as a culture because it wasn't about you know, just hip being bad was what the negative impact is having on people. More so about that, yeah, more so about you know, the depths and the drug overdoses. It's been a lot more of that in the last fifteen years than we've ever seen. In hip on Chris Rock, that's another character you played, Oh Craig Crime, and he did the whole I love, but I.
Speaker 1: They do a whole, a whole. I wanted to do a whole stand up special in the movie of Chris.
Speaker 22: Rock, just talking about hip hop in the brilliant way that he breaks down everything.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I see you comedians are crazy in these rappers right now.
Speaker 3: I'm God.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 22: I used to always say this in inter your other man comedians, we're not rappers. Man, let's let's not let's not beef with each other and do all that. But it's it's really there.
Speaker 1: Now get worse. Why though, I don't know. I have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 22: I've never been the guy that that brings his personal beefs into the public. If I say anything about somebody's gonna positive. I have positive things to say about all these guys. But you know that that's not a popular message. So I just stay out of it has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 22: I don't ever get involved in that kind of stuff. If I got a problem with you, me and you could talk about it. It's as simple as that, Like why am I on a microphone talking about anybody? I'm gonna just call you and if we could work it out, we can work it out. If not, I just don't mess with you.
Speaker 3: You feel like it hurts or helps comedy.
Speaker 1: I think it divides the audience definitely.
Speaker 22: It makes the audience have to choose, and we're in such a we're in a ride in society, so people who want to choose, they want to rally behind whoever they think is whatever, And so yeah, it definitely can divide the audience. And I think we're more We're just more of a beautiful, creative people that we don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not me. We don't have not me. I agree with society and the best changes from moment to moment. False run. But over there, over there, that's a new movie.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm trying to say, is whoever people think with that person trying to say that whoever people think it is hot, they hopped based on the moment whoa look like it was in January.
Speaker 1: Then it was Monique, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 22: So it looks like when I said it's a riding society, we could have left the analogy.
Speaker 1: We understood it. Yeah, Charlamagne, Yo, how involved with Charlie Mack into making of this? You're gonna go from Charlie.
Speaker 22: Charlie's big bro, He's he's hip hop, He's the connector. There's not a call that he will not make, you know what I'm saying. The first person that saw this movie in full was.
Speaker 1: Will Smith because of Charlie Mack, me and Charlie with the Will's Theater and screened it for him.
Speaker 22: Will gave me forty five minutes of filmmaking gems after that, just wisdom and he loved the movie. And we saw him at the fiftiest celebration of hip Hop where he the first time he performed again and he was telling people back said.
Speaker 1: Yo, Yo has this movie.
Speaker 22: Hey hey it plays like forty people right, great, but yeah that first started.
Speaker 4: Did you ever think about having the real characters in because there's a moment where fred Ro's in there.
Speaker 22: We wanted to have a mix of that just to make it grounded, to make it feel valid, to make it really feel like they were sitting next to a Russell, and then when you see j you really want to feel like it's Jay. So yeah, we did purposely sprinkle in some real ogs just to yeah, give it that real hip hop, grounded feeling.
Speaker 6: All right, we got more with apon Crocket when we come back, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning. It's still kicking it with apon Crocket. Be all to Breakfast Club, DJ n VJ. Just Allari, Charlamagne to God. This new movie, A Hip Hop Story, comes out February twenty third.
Speaker 4: Charlomagne, Well, you concerned about portraying Russell because of like the controversy surrounding him.
Speaker 22: I wrote it in two thousand and eight, so you know what I mean, before all of that stuff happened. I made the movie about the culture.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I was it wasn't a thing to emphasize anybody's cases. I don't. I'm not in that world, so I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 22: So I just made it funny enough and universal enough to where it's about the culture and we're just telling a story about hip hop.
Speaker 4: If you tell a story about hip hop, you can't tell it without talking about fact. I mean, you can't tell it without talking about did you have to? He contributed?
Speaker 22: And then we also wanted to do characters that we could convincingly portray, you know what I'm saying. And he's somebody that I've been doing impressions of for so long. And then the whole yoga thing like me and my my tidy whities. I just thought it was a funny device to use, and then to have a narration of him with the list, the whole movie.
Speaker 1: Why not woment you think you're want to offend the list community? You mean like yourself?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you sharp? Were you offended watching the movie?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: No, the list it sitting all over the places, being on outside, protesting.
Speaker 1: He go to the club, he'd be like, am I on the list?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Where can we find this movie? Off right? AMC limit?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 22: No, no, it's very limited. It's only one hundred and fifty nine. Okay, one hundred fifty nine. Go to AMC theaters dot com, search a hip hop story and just see where it pops up in your area. It's one hundred and fifty nine locations, and yeah, the people will determine how successful this movie is in theaters, and then we'll figure out the streaming deal or the streaming platform that we want to go to after that. But right now, if you want to enjoy the movie, you'll see it this weekend.
Speaker 1: What's considered the success, like what you need to like make your money back and some profit A.
Speaker 22: Bird eighty million, eighty to one hundred million, that'd be fantastic.
Speaker 1: That would be great, period. That'd be a big eighty million. Charlomagne. Bob Marley just did seventy. We love that worldwide salute to the Marley film man. For sure. I'm about to ask to what you do is sketch it so early?
Speaker 8: Did you get your necessary i should say profit or check from YouTube because you were doing it before it was cool?
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, I wasn't. I wasn't.
Speaker 22: They didn't even have the partner program when I was doing it, you know what I mean. The only thing that I got at the time. We would get like some brands. I'd be like, hey man, we'll give you a couple of dollars to throw this brand in here or whatever. But for the most part, no, we just got cloud props, and I learned the social media game before a lot of people were on it, which is what makes me still relevant to this day because I'm not the old head.
Speaker 1: I was never the old head that was like, man, you just hilarious. She using her phone? That's cheating.
Speaker 22: I embraced it from day one because I if you can use any platform, why wouldn't you use it?
Speaker 1: Why would you be that?
Speaker 22: I always say, like, that's the that's as dumb as when they put power windows in cars.
Speaker 1: You the old man. I need to roll that down, don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to push no buttons. It made me more comfortable with how I feel about things. You're not rolling it down.
Speaker 1: You ain't real right what use every platform and just adjust to the times.
Speaker 4: Other than stand up sketches the hardest comedy to meet, though why it's.
Speaker 3: Very good at it.
Speaker 4: I don't think many are those. I don't think many people are in the history of comedy. I don't think there's been too many people who are funny at sketch. Where there's a difference between skits and sketches. Ool okay online is where you see a lot of skits and a lot of it is you know, rehashed, people are borring from this person that person, and it's all good.
Speaker 1: Like there's nothing new under the sun.
Speaker 22: So somebody's gonna think about the same idea, right, But long form sketch, that's why In Living Color was so impactful. Absolutely, that's why Saturday Night Live is an institution. Chappelle Right, Chappelle Show, long form listen. Chappelle was so unorthodox with sketch. He broke the mold right some some episodes he did traditional sketch three minutes, let's go to commercial break and come back to another whole new sketch. The Rick James and the Prince of Charlie Murphy story was the entire episode. So he broke the most. He told a long form sketch in thirty minutes, and it was funny every time they came back and it just kept upping the ante. So sketch is a whole different art form, and you have to know how to write, you have to understand story, and it takes you to a different level.
Speaker 1: Skits.
Speaker 22: That's that's what people do on the Internet, and it's great, like it's making them money. But if you want to entertain people and be able to hold their attention and do a film or long form sketch. You have to know how to write, you have to know some old school principles. I never thought about the stretch it makes.
Speaker 4: Why do you think you know early on you didn't take off which sketch the way you should have. I think, do you remember I remember Short Circuit back in the day that was like what seven?
Speaker 1: That was before? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 22: I think I think at some point there were sketch was oversaturated to me and networks didn't want to take the chance on it. I mean, Fox gave me a chance to do it, but they put me with all the wrong executives. When I had to explain to them who Manny Pacil and Drake were at the time, I was just like, wow, this is the journey that we're on, na, So you know, it's just the wrong people doing this. So that's why I went to YouTube and just started doing my own ideas, because it's like, why am I waiting around for somebody to give me anything. We've always been like, let's just do it, let's just go shoot it. So I feel like sketch has gotten me everywhere, you know what I mean? How you might judge it because you missed the numbers and one of no budgets, it might be a different.
Speaker 4: You've always been one of the best doing sketch arlt. That just shows me that you know, Hollywood don't know they be talking about they don't.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 22: That's why we do our own independent movies because you know, you can't audition for the same casting directors all the time because they want to a lot of them like to hire their friends. And you know it's that thing too, when you show them what it is you want to do, it changes the conversation for you.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 22: It's the same thing that Ryan Coogler Michael b did with fruit Vale Station. Like they made the movie about a very serious, real life event, but they presented themselves as you know, we are those guys. We really know how to make these stories come to life. And that's what me and de Main did with a hip hop story.
Speaker 4: And you've been building that based online for so long that those same people will show up this Friday.
Speaker 1: That's right, man, Come on, say it again, Charlamaine, I forgot what I said.
Speaker 4: No again, people, Yes, you've been building your base online for so long that those same people are gonna show up this Friday.
Speaker 1: There you go, right, hip hop you a real base. Yes, dad, the hip hop story is out this Friday, and we appreciate you for joining us. Brother, appreciate you for bringing up That's right. It's the breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V, jes Sellaria, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the.
Speaker 1: Mess robber Mill just don't breakfast club.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: So this has been swarming around social media. It has been on every blog site, started on TikTok. Her name is uh Resa Tessa's Resa Tessa. She has a viral story Who the F did I marry?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So this is the story about her her ex husband being a pathological liar. She took the TikTok and this she tells us how she met. They met him online. She met him online. They met on two different apps though Facebook dating app and Hinge, and he had two different names on the profile, so she didn't realize that it was the same person in the beginning. But it was a running joking that relationship because he actually did come clean about it to her. She didn't even notice that so she already like, I don't like to call women like dumb, but it's like.
Speaker 1: Verybody dummy.
Speaker 3: No, no, but that's that's a good dummy. This was like dumb, Like how you say, even I know that the same guy you on both of these apps, and the guy the same guy is on both of the apps. He just used a different name, different picture.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 3: But anyway, anyway she would know her husband, all right, Yeah, but this before they got married.
Speaker 1: Okay, Plate number one. We met in March of twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Georgia got shut down, locked down two and a half weeks later. We got married January twenty twenty one, and we were divorced August of twenty twenty one. So keep in mind that this story is spanning March of twenty twenty until about June of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: We met online.
Speaker 9: My tire blue put on my way to our first date, and he met me at a gas station, fixed my tire, then took me to go get another tire, paid for it, and I just thought, oh my god, this is the beginning of a beautiful romantic story.
Speaker 3: By the way, that first day was a cheesecake factory, so she not one of them. You know, okay about that, you know what I'm saying. So she also had said that that he had fake phone calls, like he wasn't talking to nobody when he would act like he was talking like he was making phone calls in front of her, and why like the whole time.
Speaker 9: Every morning he would get on the phone with his brother. We'll call his brother John, and he would be like, hey, babe, John said good morning. And so I would just say hey John, you know, call out hey John, and you know, he would he would relay back and forth what I said to John, what John said to me. So he was like, I can't wait for you guys to meet her, like she I know I'm gonna marry her.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 9: He said everything I wanted to hear, love bombing one on one. This man wrote the book. So he talked to his brother every day, He talked to his friends every day. It wasn't until he got kicked out of my house in June of twenty twenty one that I found out every single phone call was made up.
Speaker 3: He was never on the phone. You ain't never talk to nobody. This man ain't never hand no body.
Speaker 1: House speak a phone how how she knows what's faith.
Speaker 3: She She reveals that she ended up talking to a couple of his family members that she had reached out to after she started doing some digging and investigating. But he hasn't spoke to his brother since I was fifteen when their mom died. He actually don't have no friends, is what she said. And then she goes on to say about the job that he lied about.
Speaker 9: He told me when I first met him that he was a VP at his company. He was looking to buy a house. His job was VP of a major condiment company. It is fair to note he paid every bill he gave me spending money. True this, he was a tempt So he would call me and he would pretend to reprimand employees who couldn't see that he had a bluetooth thing in his ear. He would pretend to take phone calls from the company president who needed his help on something. But he was a tempt He was a temp forklift driver. There's nothing wrong with the forklift driver, but he was pretending to be a VP.
Speaker 3: So she had got pregnant, right, and then they had a miscarriage. No, when she went to the hospital, she called him. She had the people call him or whatever, and he acted like his assistant. And you know, now he's a forklift job and he's also attempted, but he acted like he was the CEO of his own company. He answered the phone acting like the assistant, like, oh, he can't make it in right now. That's because he really couldn't leave work the whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his baby was about to be born, but he couldn't be.
Speaker 1: The baby was gone.
Speaker 3: It was miscourage, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: This is good? Yeah? Is this the story? Just wait?
Speaker 3: All right? So we actually he actually social media uses they found the xeciseman and they revealed his identity and he shared his own video and he addressed the story being told playing for I'm going.
Speaker 23: To address the rumor Resa's ex wife, who straight line to y'all, it's sad because it's completely false everything. More to the point, I haven't decided who I'm going to talk to exactly or go on whose page or whatever, but I'm gonna go ahead and let y'all know that she lied about everything.
Speaker 1: Follow her, don't follow her, that's up to you. All that stuff she said, it's complete lies. What is going on him?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 3: He said they went to marriage counseling. It didn't work and we broke up.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: He left her, and he said, stop lying to these people before I tell him the real reason you cheated.
Speaker 1: I caught you in the house with Bradley. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yo, I don't know, but that's that's the traffic.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I hear a lot of big back behavior. Does she have a big back?
Speaker 4: She do? She does.
Speaker 1: Give Sheila that was driving up the mountain, Okay, okay, Sheila was beautiful though. Yeah no, no, no, no, no, no no, you talked about the big back.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying because in the situation like this, some of you big backs, y'all got to stop being so thirsty for a man.
Speaker 1: There's a man out there for you. Okay.
Speaker 4: This woman believed all of this because she wanted to believe all of this big back belief isn't like everybody else's belief. Okay, she said to herself, He said everything I wanted to hear. She wanted to believe whatever was coming because she wanted a.
Speaker 1: Man so bad.
Speaker 3: And then I seen him and he actually looked like her, but was interesting. No, no, No, I couldn't see his back. We only saw her because she was sitting in the car for the whole time. She was talking up the sundown. It's a fifty two part series on TikTok.
Speaker 1: That two TikTok got. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've seen Shelon Jackson, Monique Son. He did twenty of them, so she did fifty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I don't believe this story. Ex wife.
Speaker 3: No, that's crazy because his ex wife came out he was married before ex wife and said the same thing happened to her. Yep, so he just and he from.
Speaker 1: Philly, Yo, really yeah, they met in George. We from Philly. Where's she from?
Speaker 3: I don't know. She just being a car. I don't know where she's from. But I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: How big is she? Because you said the time for you know how Sheila was?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: She don't fit in a frame like you can see like she got there.
Speaker 4: No, it does because this is big back behavior and this is also a good to B movie. Nobody get the fifty two parts.
Speaker 1: Pretty girl, Yeah she is a pretty girl, salute to her. But she is very thirsty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, And the story is everywhere, so I had to cover it. And it's a little it's a little funny because like Haines, there there's no crime involve He didn't steal any money from her. He didn't like nothing. I thought it was gonna be like a big ending, like, oh he stole from me nothing.
Speaker 1: One of the producers just texted, as I said, he also has a big back. Oh my god, So this is big behavior all across the board. Yo, Hey, you know I read that.
Speaker 10: I read that.
Speaker 4: Wow, We're gonna get up there for interviewing both of them. If we got room, I can see the two we movie now or the big back theory. Let's go big, let's go, let's be.
Speaker 1: Let's make this right now.
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 6: Well that is just with the mess chelaw man, who you giving your dounket two man for after the hour?
Speaker 1: We all have to make better choices in life, Okay.
Speaker 4: I understand sometimes and when it comes to our kids, it's hard not to lead with emotion. But I need Linzina Sutt in the Syracuse, New York to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 1: We'd like to have a world with her this morning.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll do that next and then after that, just fix my mess if you haven't relationship problems or any issues in your relationship eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one Yes to help you fiction mess, I just the breakfast luve, good morning.
Speaker 1: You're checking out the breakfast club man. Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something to the whole case. You the reason he gave me donkey other day, and I deserve that. People need to know what you need to tell them. I am you have the boy.
Speaker 3: Tell them.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 4: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at Charlamagne. He wants Charlomagne.
Speaker 23: Damn Solomame.
Speaker 1: Who do you give a dunk?
Speaker 4: Here to day? Donkey today for Thursday, February twenty second goes to a young woman named Lindazia Sutton. Lindzia is thirty two years old. She is from Sarahcuse, New York. She is the mother of a middle school student at Lincoln Middle School. Uh, you know, I have four beautiful daughters. We all got kids in this room. Jess got a son, and you got thirteen six six. Yes, you know, and I totally understand the protective parental nature that a parent possesses. Okay, none of us ever want to be in a situation where we like our child has been violated or bullied, hurting any way, because it's virtually impossible to not react with emotion.
Speaker 1: When it comes to your kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, logic, strategy, all that goes out the window when it comes to our babies.
Speaker 1: But it can't.
Speaker 4: Okay, we can't say things like control your emotions or your emotions will control you. But then you know, say, when it comes to our kids, it's okay to let our emotions be in control. No, I actually believe when it comes to your kids, you should be in more control because if someone does something to my child, and then I do something that may cause me to be taken away from my child, then the person who will really selfer in that situation is my child, of course me. But if I'm not here for my child, then that defeats the whole purpose of being a parent. So I can understand why Linxina felt the way she felt, but that doesn't mean the way she reacted wasn't stupid. Okay, that's what we're gonna get a day. It's all about giving people the credit they deserve. For being stupid. Now, I have to say, what makes this story even worse is that Linxina was accompanied by her mother, okay, the child's grandmother, and what had happened was, according to the mother and grandmother, their baby was a victim of repeated bullying. Okay, the grandmother said, She's been slapped, she's been kicked, they've broken her glasses three times, they've broken cell phones twice, and all they got from the school is, well, what was she doing? They made her out to be the problem, according to the grandma. So now, apparently the daughter when her teacher, got into it because the teacher disciplined her for allegedly lying about her whereabouts during.
Speaker 1: The school day.
Speaker 4: The daughter apparently told the teacher, my mom will handle this. The teacher must no, mama, don't play no games. Okay, Linzina must have a reputation in Syracuse because the teacher is described as a fearful staffer who filed an official complaint with the school, and rightfully so, because Linzin and her mom came to the school and they wasn't playing Okay, they tried to make their way past security. Grandma couldn't get in, but Linzina is only four ten. Okay, this is true. She's only fourten. She put her hoodie on and she blended in with the students. She got in, and this is what happened. Let's go to ABC six for thirty fourth police.
Speaker 24: The suspect apparently used her hood to hide and was short enough to blame din with the students during the morning rush. She was then able to get through school security without even being noticed, at least at first. Investigators say she intentionally came to Lincoln Middle School last Friday looking for her daughter's teacher because of what had happened between that student and the teacher the day before, the teacher apparently writing her up for being missing from class. The thirty one year old mother is now accused of repeatedly punching the teacher in the face, breaking her nose and nasal passage bones.
Speaker 7: These are injuries that you don't often see in boxing matches, so they're quite serious.
Speaker 1: Dam ma'ma guy hands Wow. That was ABC nine for the news you pull.
Speaker 4: By the way, Linzina was highly upset about what was happening to her daughter at school, and she took it out. She took it all out on this one teacher. Okay, it's that simple. She didn't like her daughter being bully. She didn't like whatever her daughter came home and told her about the teaching, and she damn sure didn't like the school not doing anything about her repeated complaints. So she decided that she wanted to become Gravante Tank Davis for the day and make this teacher a personal punching bag. Now she's charged with burglary and a soul. What the hell does she steal? Okay, I know she stole off on the teacher, but is that kind as a burglary note? Now, Grandma said she feels bad for the teacher. We hate what grandma had to say.
Speaker 25: Grandma's grandma spoke the first words, Roxanne Tompkins spoke to us today where I'm sorry the teacher got hurt.
Speaker 3: That was never supposed to be that way, and I apologize for you know, and I hope she recovers and there's always a better way to handle stuff.
Speaker 1: And we were going to talk at the school to have a conversation.
Speaker 25: Sutton's mother says the anger Sutton felt stem from bullying that her daughter was facing in school and that it had gone unresolved.
Speaker 1: Grandma, you got to tell your daughter that. Okay.
Speaker 4: If you did tell your daughter that, she didn't listen and she went rogue. Now I have another scenario, and that scenario is the kids who were bullying her daughter. With some of the kids who saw mama beat down the teacher. They say, twenty five kids saw mama beat down the teacher. Mama had to make an example out of the teacher in front of the students to let them know, stop playing before I do this to someone you love. Okay, Linzina couldn't put hands on the kids. She was smart enough to know that, but she had to make an example out of an adult. See I Leonard McKelvey. As a parent, I threatened to beat daddy's up. Okay, that's my thing, all right, Praise God. None of my kids has gone through any bullying. But you don't just, you know, go to the school when the child is being bullied. No, no, no, no no, you gotta go to the sauce. You gotta go to the penis from which they came. Okay, Daddy gotta go see daddy, and you gotta let daddy know if your child.
Speaker 1: Keeps bothering my child.
Speaker 4: And the next time we see each other, it's going to be an issue between us because you are thehead of your house and I told you what the issue is.
Speaker 1: So now I'm expecting you as a father to handle it. Okay.
Speaker 4: If you don't, then we got issues. That's where Linzina went wrong. You wasn't supposed to do that to a teacher, even though I'm sure it was very effective. Okay, you put the fear of God into those kids, I'm sure and parents, because parents are probably telling their kids right now.
Speaker 1: Leave Lindsey in a child alone after this.
Speaker 4: Okay, But Linzina, you should have after your child who is the main protagonist that's bullying you, and then run down on their mama and tell their mama to tell that child.
Speaker 1: Cut it out.
Speaker 4: If the child don't stop, then catch her mama at a back to school night and handle your business.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I said any of that, just now. What I really wanted to say.
Speaker 4: What I really wanted to say was people, don't let your emotions distract you from doing what needs to be done. Control your emotions, or your emotions will control you. There was a better way to handle this situation, and Linzina's way was not the way. Please give Lindzina Sutton the biggest he hull. I do respect Linzina, though, because if you really got an issue with a person, swing on them. I'm tired of y'all just being mad for the sake of being mad, getting on social media or ranting, you know, sending out your little tweets and.
Speaker 1: All that you got a real issue, put your hoodie on and thug it on out. Go swing on them.
Speaker 3: You just said you'll be the man's penis.
Speaker 1: What I said, you got to say strictly came from and beat it.
Speaker 4: To the sauce, which is the penis, and I go to the penis from which they can't. I'm using that as a as a why couldn't.
Speaker 1: You just say go to your father or your mom. Just gotta be man, yo said radio. And it's wordplay, you know, okay, little game game crazy. I don't want everything to be that is crazy to the sauce, which is the penis and the sauce, I said the sauce. Okay, that is crazy, that it is. But if you got to do that because you can't lose.
Speaker 4: You can't lose when you run down on somebody over your kids, So you might run down on this president.
Speaker 1: They might get the best of you, and you might have to go to the penis.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's short enough to actually with somebody.
Speaker 1: Do what you gotta do. Don't get beat up in front of your kids. Do what you gotta do. Do what you gotta do. All right, that's not like a young grandma, too, very young grandma. Well, no, you know what I'm saying. Make she young and she's thirty two. I'll give about fifty two young fifty five young grandma? Say young grandma? All right, maybe do you know what? To be honest with you, I don't know how old my grandma was when I was. I gotta do the math. I never thought about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never thought about it. Was older.
Speaker 4: I bet you when we were if we do the math on our grandmas, I bet your grandma's like fifty something.
Speaker 1: Now, my grandma was old. She was like seventy.
Speaker 3: But because she was so, say if she did hit one of the kids, like or beat up the kids, that because because of her size though, No, no.
Speaker 1: She's thirty two, she forty ten, don't matter, she's thirty two. She's going to prison. All right, well, thank you for that dog of to day.
Speaker 8: When we come back, Jess, fix my mess eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you haven't relationship problems or issues, you can call Jess right now.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Clog, the morning breakfast Club. That's about me. For relationship problems. Acts about me.
Speaker 3: If you need to beat your coworker's ass, acts about me, if your coworker needs to beat your ass, call it up. They got to Jess, and I'm here to fix your mess, fix your mask. He's getting very much messy. He let me fix that morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's j n V, Jesse, Hilaria Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. It's time for just fix my mess. We have Jazzmine on the line, Jasmine. Good morning, Good morning, honey.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 26: How are y'all good?
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 26: So I've just gotten out of a ten year, ten year relationship. Sorry, and I met this guy like too much after my breakup for my ten year relationship. He's a good guy, you know, he does a lot for me, but he's starting to call my children his children, like take care of them like his girls. Even after two muths. I'm not physically attracted to him, but he does a lot for me, So I just want to know how do I break it down to him that, you know, I just want to be friends because he's talking about marriage and we've only known each other for like two months.
Speaker 16: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: So you like the fact that he does everything for you like a husband, but you don't like the fact that he's trying to you don't like the other things about it. So you like, yeah, you like certain things. Okay.
Speaker 26: So because I just thought out of ten relationship, so I'm not really looking to be in another relationship after that. Did but I don't want to like hurt his feelings.
Speaker 1: Did you tell him that though.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and he agreed to it.
Speaker 26: You know, you know, we don't have some rush and stuff like that. He says things like that, but he's still like in his like, you know, I want you to be my wife. I want to be in a relationship and dreams like that, but I'm not That's not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Okay. But you brought him around your children, right Well.
Speaker 26: He actually drives to my dad, so when he comes to picks with my dad. I live like next door to my dad, he sees why he is outside playing, so you know, he just interacts with whenever.
Speaker 2: You feeling hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, I mean it's not really about hurting his feelings at this point, because you've seen very strongly about about you know, your decision if you were upfront with him, like, because a lot of us women and I'm gonna save myself as well, a lot of us tend to you know. We we lie, you know, just to protect somebodice feelings, and we do not keep it as a hundred as we know we should, you know what I mean, and then the guy be all in love or whatever, and then we will stay in the situation as long as we're benefiting from some part of it. And it seems like that's what you're doing. Yeah, I think you should definitely sit down and talk to him. It's not really about hurting this feelings. You can tell him that you can start off like that. I don't want to hurt your feelings. I really don't want to hurt your feelings. But remember I told you at the beginning, I'm just getting out of something very serious and I just wanted to date. Dating is not really being a committed relationship. I'm having fun, but I just don't want to get too serious right now and then, you know, regret it later because I'm actually not fully healed from my previous relationship.
Speaker 13: Tell him that, right, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: Yes girl.
Speaker 3: When they call me back next tirthime, thank you, no, Brian, good luck?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 15: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, fix my mess.
Speaker 6: One if you need relationship advice or anything like that, calling now.
Speaker 1: It was the breakfast Club in morning. Baby, it's a real heel.
Speaker 4: Help me.
Speaker 3: I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it, mix it, fix it it, just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 8: Morning everybody, It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilari, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the breakfast Club. It's time for jes fix my mess. We got Jessica on the line, Jessica.
Speaker 1: Good morning, morn jess good morning.
Speaker 6: What's your question for gs?
Speaker 13: Okay, So here's the situation. So I have a situationship that told me before she came here to visit me in the US that she wanted to keep it platonic and stay friends because she wanted to overcomplicate things in the time for try to leave and with my kids and everything like that. Well, now she's here with us and it hasn't been platonic at all, and she's here for the next week also, so we've still got a whole another week from today.
Speaker 3: She what next week? Say again?
Speaker 13: Boom, she's here for the next week.
Speaker 3: Is she there right now? Because you was whispering.
Speaker 13: No, I'm not whispering. It's just it's just yeah, she's there, but she's downstairs.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 13: She expresses that when she does live next week, she wants me to go back to being platonic and us travel together. How's that gonna work?
Speaker 3: What she want to go back to y'all being friends and y'all just travel together.
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So she has somebody else in that other country. What other country might that be? Yeah, she got somebody over there, mate, I don't I'm telling you she does because she's in love. You know, she came over here, she fell in love with you. She wanted to have a platonic relationship. She moved in what you was what you're saying, why for her time?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, no, no, she lives there. We've been talking forever, like the phone for nine hours at a time. It's like safy. But before, right before she came, I figured she was just like panicking or something when she said it, And she said it right before she came.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you feel?
Speaker 3: I love you love her? You fell in love with her, but you already.
Speaker 13: Knew from her before I was ever physical with her. Oh, this has been an emotional thing for a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's hard.
Speaker 15: Mmm.
Speaker 3: And I think I don't know, man. I think she playing games to be honest with you, because does she know how you feel about her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she playing games because you're not gonna play with me. You're not going to break up with me. You go back to being friends, but now we can travel together. That's not what I want to do. I fell in love with you before we even got physical intimate of any of that, and then now you're going back to London.
Speaker 4: None.
Speaker 3: I understand that, and I knew that from the jump. But if you're gonna break it off, break it all the way off. Can nobody play with your heart like that? Not all the way over there?
Speaker 1: Neither?
Speaker 3: What are you considering what you want to do?
Speaker 13: That's the thing we talked about. Either her moving here or that's moving there.
Speaker 3: It's more of an inconvenience for you, right, But because you have kids, that's.
Speaker 15: Why she was gonna come here. But she was so there.
Speaker 13: The money that she makes us like eighty something thousand a year. Here, her money would be like nine hundred ninety thousand a year. But she can't find a job equivalent because they're only offering her fifty to sixty for what she does. She's an engineer.
Speaker 3: Ooh, yeah, that's that's that's the sticky one. Y'all gonna have to do the long distance thing until one of y'all can figure out what happens. I mean, I wouldn't say it ain't no long distance thing.
Speaker 13: If she's telling me that she wants to have a platonic way she.
Speaker 3: Leaves, well, then there you go. You gotta leave her, and you can't allow her to play games with you, and don't get fluid out being dumb neither like no, like you. You have to stick to your because you're in love with this girl this one.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I was married for seventeen years and stay single for six and then it's been her for the past year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, don't, don't don't play yourself.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you're about to seduce you just ways.
Speaker 3: Because you know so, Yeah, don't don't play yourself. Bull and telling me I have to go all the way back to for Homer lonely.
Speaker 1: Man, it's just a jaw and a scrap on find that in Oklahoma. No, that is not what it is. No, but that's not what you have to do.
Speaker 3: You can actually put yourself first that if you look at it more like that, that's putting yourself first. Because nah, trust me, this is a sign platonic. Please not at that. I'm in love with you. We're done. I'm sorry, okay, goo goolong, thank you, no problem, yea.
Speaker 15: To you.
Speaker 3: Not sorry, it's sorry.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, just fix my mess. Eight hundred five eight five one on five one. Now we got just with the mess coming up, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: Tiffany is updating us on how you know, just just.
Speaker 1: Twenty six just that fifteen percent, got plug around, just got finished helping people. Man, got up. Yeah, specifically, we.
Speaker 3: We gotta do it. We gotta update y'all on what she's saying.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll get to it. Nexus the Breakfast Club awarded the Breakfast club.
Speaker 1: You mean moaning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is the j n V. Just hilarious charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning yo. Phone service is still out, by the way, not mine.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: If you have AT and T, they're going to a bunch of problems this morning. And phone service is out.
Speaker 1: So it's not you.
Speaker 8: You probably paid your bill or maybe it didn't. But it's not because of the bill. It's because the service is just out.
Speaker 1: Just it is what it is. That's crazy, have no service.
Speaker 8: It still works on Wi Fi if you got a Wi Fi connect, but if you're out out of that Wi Fi zone, you're on your own.
Speaker 6: But let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 4: It is real.
Speaker 15: Just rob the Lord just don't do just is gonna bring.
Speaker 4: Numbers on the Breakfast Club knowledgenous people stats.
Speaker 3: Oh Man Haidia Broadbent dies at thirty nine. HIV AIDS activist Hydia Broadbent. She passed away. She gained a media attention for being a part of America's first generation of children born HIV positive in the late eighteen hundreds. It was presumed that Broadbent was born with HIV, but she was not diagnosed until she was three. She spoke to Magic Johnson on Nickelodeon on a Nickelodeon special about HIV and AIDS in nineteen ninety two. That was around a time where he at first came out saying that you know, he was diagnosed with it as well, and this is what he said, you know she was saying on that show. Activist Idea Broadbent has died. Her father Lauren announced the sad news on social media, saying, in part, despite facing numerous challenges throughout her life, Hydia remained determined to spread hope and positivity through education around HIV AIDS. Broadbent was left at birth at a Nevada hospital before she was adopted by Lauren and Patricia Broadbent. Doctors at the time said she had a life expectancy of only five years. She made the world cry when, as a six year old, she explained her desires to basketball star Magic Johnson.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, people, you don't have to cry.
Speaker 1: Idea Broadbent was thirty nine years old.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 1: Dress Broadbent.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it was in her family healing energy.
Speaker 23: M hm.
Speaker 3: So I didn't notice she was adopted the fact that they had only given her a five year lifetime expectancy, and she lived to be thirty nine.
Speaker 6: Well that was back in the day before there was really any.
Speaker 1: Anything like that.
Speaker 8: Did she pass from the complications of HIV and a's or was it something else because it's with so much treatment now people are saying, you know, people living in the eighties, nineties.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that was actually made unclear as of right now. Her father is the one, Lauren brodbn is actually who announced it early on Facebook yesterday. He didn't specify her cause of death.
Speaker 1: But she was also on.
Speaker 3: OPRAH when she was eleven yo and she was so cute. She had her little nose ring and that that's the video that's been going viral and everything like that. So yeah, just I don't even want to play it all day. It's just so sad. It's like, I don't really want to play it. But yeah, prays that to her family and God rest her soul. Tiffany Haddage gets emotional when responding to backlash for her Israel trip. Tiffany spoke to TMZ to respond to the backlash she received for a trip to Israel, and she had doubled down on the fact that she was there to do her own research about what's going on.
Speaker 27: I'm a fine believer, Go see with your own eyes before you pass judge me. You know, go there cautiously, be cautious, but go see for yourself. I care about both sides. I care about humanity, human being. I'm here all by myself, just like I was saying in twenty eighteen when they was asking me about Monique and her husband, and I said, I don't do my business the way she does business because I don't have a husband. I don't have what she has. Right, I'm all alone. That's what I'm trying to tell you, guy, Like I'm doing this all by myself.
Speaker 4: I think we were talking about this yesterday. It was just like, yo, man, stop, you don't have to We don't have to put people in our business. You don't have to tell everybody what you're doing. Right, you could have she could make that move to Israel or not let anybody know.
Speaker 3: Not let anybody know.
Speaker 1: Go learn what you need to learn, come back and have a conversation. We like to let people know every single step of what we're doing.
Speaker 4: And then you know, when you're criticized, when people criticize us for it, then we feel the way.
Speaker 3: It's like, know, we didn't have to know that. Yeah, yeah, but I remember I did say yesterday, like I hope she's not alone, and when we typically, I mean when we see her, she is alone. So that actually plays to the fact that that, like what she was saying, like she don't have she don't do business the way MO need to do business because she she don't have't have no husband, she don't have nobody or whatever. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: That can get lonely out here, But it's scary that the fact that she went there by herself, like that's that's what really scares me, because yeah, it seems like the country is is unrest right now.
Speaker 8: And you know, I mean, I know you're really close with her. Have you spoke to her when she was out there? You spoke to yesterday? She's doing Okay, that's.
Speaker 3: You such a clown? What doing what you want?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 15: The problem?
Speaker 4: Let everybody know every step you think, like right, but she called you and you call her like a clown?
Speaker 1: Why are you over there? Okay, it's something I would do that what youre doing? Why are you both.
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: BIRG defends Malia Obama.
Speaker 3: On a recent episode of the View, Big Goldberg defended Malia Obama for dropping her last name at the Sundance Film Festival.
Speaker 28: Former first daughter Malia Obama recently made her directorial debut at the Sundance Film Festival with a short film called The Heart, but she's credited crediting herself. She's calling herself.
Speaker 6: As the filmmaker Malia add and apparently some.
Speaker 28: Folks online are criticizing her for claiming that everyone knows she's an Obama, so it's pointless to hotte it if she.
Speaker 11: Knows she's an Obama, Why do you care?
Speaker 1: Why do you care what she calls herself?
Speaker 28: If she wanted to call herself Janet McDonald, she has the right to.
Speaker 1: I could be Whoopy Goldberg, she could.
Speaker 11: Be whoever the hell she wants to be.
Speaker 3: I'm in agreeance with that. I'm in agreeance with that. But I didn't know that what b Goldberg wasn't what Goldberg. Her name is actually Karen or karenne Elaine Johnson.
Speaker 1: I know that, we definitely knew that, but we were born in absolutely.
Speaker 3: Born wait wait wait wait wait earlier to means but I ain't know that. But no, to her defense and to our point, what she's saying, yeah, it don't matter. These kids be wanting their own identity, like she don't want to you know. She she had a film at the Sundance Film Festival. She don't want to win because she's an Obama and she didn't want recognition just because she's an Obama. And if like, like she said, if she noticed she won, why does it bother you?
Speaker 4: She said that she can't get the table. She wanted a restaurant, and she was like, I'm a bo that's Brock Obama's daughter.
Speaker 1: You better see that. I was thinking to say, I just can't.
Speaker 6: She don't want to be judged because.
Speaker 1: Who she is, but it is.
Speaker 2: His daughter.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing wrong with a little nepotism? What are you crazy?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 15: Thing?
Speaker 3: Does she not fooling anybody? Everybody supposed to know, so she supposed to walk in and get that anyway. I'm Alia and and I want to sayble.
Speaker 1: Did y might not get that table? Obama moved that table please.
Speaker 4: By the way, mad people change their name in the industry Hollywood, that's what they do. Like Jamie Fox name Jamie.
Speaker 1: Fox, I know, right?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 4: Like Darius Eric Bishop that one? I thought the name ain't been diesel Ah Mark Marx and club shut. I don't believe them google it.
Speaker 1: One thing.
Speaker 4: One thing my God been told me. Don't convince these heathens because sometimes Marx and Claire has.
Speaker 1: Been the name. You ain't gotta believe anybody. Believe no neither when he told me was.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's crazy. You Leonard and I did not even Leonards in Baltimore. You Lenard Leonard, that.
Speaker 1: Is that is Leonard Leonard.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, I'm just gonna rob more per what it is.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Ain't no getting away from it. I love my name.
Speaker 6: That's just what I messed up, all right, thank you, Jess. When we come back, we got the people's choice.
Speaker 4: Max.
Speaker 1: It o't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake up.
Speaker 6: If you're like, enter the Breakfast Club, ooning everybody in stej n V Jess, hilarious, charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History.
Speaker 1: Month for what we're doing. Listen, Sluthor, my guy beat Out.
Speaker 4: You know every day during Black History Month, my man beat Out puts out a podcast called I Didn't Know Maybe you didn't either, And today he's gonna talk to you about the buy and how religion would you to justify slavery.
Speaker 14: Let's discuss it was so easy to keep the enslaved minds accepting of their status under the guys of religion when they're direct instructions from God himself. That tells you you're supposed to be a slave. If it's taught that way, I'll explain. I often wonder what religion black folks practice before Christianity was literally beaten into us. It's no secret that the Bible was read to us, seeing as how we weren't equipped with that skill set. And even when blacks were educated enough to read the version of the Bible they would get to read and teach would be the scriptures to keep them submissive. The Bible has tons of references to slavery. It speaks on the treatment of slaves, especially the Old Testament, like Ephesians six ' one. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
Speaker 1: That's right there, Ephesian six's one.
Speaker 14: The New Testament got some doozies too, Colossians three twenty two.
Speaker 7: Servants obey your masters and everything obey all the time, even when they can't see you don't just pretend to work hard so that they will treat you well. No, you must serve your masters honestly because you respect the Lord.
Speaker 14: Wouldn't there let them enslaved individual see scriptures like Galatians three twenty eight where it says, ain't no slave or free we all want in Christ? Oh, No, couldn't let them see those But the curse of Ham in Genesis. That story was used for hundreds of years of justification for slavery.
Speaker 1: And human bondage. Again, I grew up in the church.
Speaker 14: I thought I knew all the good biblical stories, but I was not familiar with the story of Ham. Story goes, Noah got drunk and passed out. His son Ham saw him naked, and when he told his brothers, his two brothers came home and they clothed Noah. And Noah was so angry with Ham that he cursed Ham's son Canaan. Not from power now, you, not even my mother, you just rock, Not that Kanan. This was Ham's son, Kanaan. And Noah was so angry that he cursed Canaan to be the slave to his uncle's forever. Story goes, when Noah cursed him, he turned black, and it was taught to some as the beginning of different races. Some said Ham represented all black folks and was cursed that I'm good slave holding Southern Christians. Their interpretation was that Genesis account establishes that God wills black people to be enslaved perpetually. But it don't even make sense because Noah didn't curse Ham, but he shifted at a generation and cursed Kanaan Genesis teaches every human being comes from Noah and one of his three sons, one of the two that clothed him in his drunkenness, Shim the ancestor of the Semites, Jeff Path the ancestor of the Europeans, and Ham, the ancestor of the Africans. Look, you can do your own deep dive on that. The point of today's episode of I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either. It's that bad biblical interpretation hurts people. They justify unjust institutions, they motivated moral behavior, and they encourage harmful latitudes.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either. I didn't know. I almost salute to.
Speaker 4: Be that salute to the good brother beat dot. Make sure you subscribe to I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either. Everyday new episodes of the podcast come out. Saluta reasonably shady too, man just selling rob and they was talking about beat Out on their podcast This we can talking about how much they enjoy I didn't know. Maybe you didn't neither, So thank you for that, man. I love to see everybody supporting each other.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 8: When we come back, we got your positive note. What just we'll ask away? You know what, leave alone. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good boy, more than everybody at cj n V.
Speaker 8: Just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Just how you feeling, Jess?
Speaker 1: I feel good. I feel good.
Speaker 3: I felt sick earlier. But yo, I again. I have to just figure out what I can eat in the mornings because I'd be so hungry. But when I eat anything, it'd be feeling like it's sitting right in my chest like I can't do it.
Speaker 4: I can do.
Speaker 3: I hate oatmeal on a bulld egg today. It's not given, it's given. No, it's not giving. Is about to come up?
Speaker 1: You tate smovies.
Speaker 3: That's what everybody keeps saying. I tried to today to soothe my stomach. That didn't work smoothies. The last time I had smoothies, I threw that up, you know, and I had flex sis and if flexias are really good for you, but I threw it up. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Y'all need to. Y'all need to get on my birthday. When is it Saturday second? Oh, that's next Saturday? Up the following saturdays.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Listen all right, So if there are any wardrobe designs in New York or anybody want to make me a dress or something like that, because I still got to come into the top shape, even though I'm not gonna be drinking and shaking my ass all day. I mean I might be doing that, but make sure if y'all want to make me something for my birthday, I gotta walk up in there real good. Like my birthday. My birthday was February three. But the party is Saturday, March second, for ci double weekend in Baltimore, and it's at the Baltimore Peninsula twenty four fifty five House Street. Get your tickets. The Lincols in my bio. Y'all come in this cre.
Speaker 2: When is it no matter?
Speaker 1: March second, right, Yeah, I'm gonna be out there on Friday.
Speaker 8: I got a party Friday, so we were trying to schedule some things so we can stay out there and hang with you on that Saturday.
Speaker 3: But if you don't, I'm not really gonna hold my breath.
Speaker 8: Well, get your tickets. Absolutely positively, Charlamonne, you got a positive.
Speaker 1: Note I do, man.
Speaker 4: It comes from a writer named Anna Taylor. Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious and you get to decide how you use them. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won't accept.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club, you don'na finish, or y'all done,