Speaker 1: Wake that answer up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club, Morning everybody, It's the j M V. Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the.
Speaker 1: Belting Rich, dirty Bronx Nigga rich dirty.
Speaker 3: You know where that insow came from, right, Dirty Bronx Vegas.
Speaker 4: You know who called me that we.
Speaker 2: Were in iHeart in Vegas and I was like, your French.
Speaker 5: He was a I said, Damn, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Is a dirty Bronx nigga DNA. But I was so proud of him because I didn't see friends come up from the slums like you know, people talk about where they came from and and the things that they did. But French used to be in the dirty b X clubs, in the dirty Brooklyn clubs and the dirty Queen's clubs, making the DJs play his music, and he was never that was French.
Speaker 1: That's where you would see French.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Damn, you came a long way to yeah, that's all.
Speaker 6: I'm right before that when Max was nigga, never ignorant, getting goals accomplished, right like Boy's creation of kings everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh you already got it prepared.
Speaker 3: When you have.
Speaker 1: You already prepared, they never need to use this.
Speaker 2: And that's one of my favorite joints in the album, which is the the intro is called dirty Bronx, and you kind of talk about everything where you came from, everybody talking see yeah, yeah, yeah, you talk about everybody people comparing you the chins and and Max with wave and all that. So I think that's that's one of the dopest joints on it. But why Max and Cheese five and what took so damn long?
Speaker 4: French?
Speaker 6: I felt like, you know, I needed, I needed to get everything out the way. Then go back to the mixtape vibes. I feel like the game I always try to go where a where the puck is going out, where the puckets act, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like the game needed mixtapes. I feel like we lost a lot of you know, like that feelings. Then almost like you like, albums is dope, everybody's getting used to it. I feel like the mixsafe games, just like I want to hear the Wayne mix Safes. I want to hear Ross Rich Forever mix Safes. I want to hear you know Wis Kalifa dropped Orange.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, And.
Speaker 6: You know, I just want to get back to that vibe and I want to lead the wave with the Mixsafes.
Speaker 1: I like how you set the tone with Dirty Bronx.
Speaker 3: Why did you feel the need to confront like all the negativity that's been directed towards.
Speaker 4: You, Because I wanted to get that out the way so we can focus on the music. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know, it's like I learned from from from eminem you know, the tactics he used. I learned from you know, Jay when he did four four four, And I learned from you know, I'm like a student of the game. So it's like, you know, this is this is me interviewing myself on my own album, just in case, you know, cause you got your fans, but then you also got your haters that listen to your music. So the haters gonna hear theirself in there and your fans gonna be right there. And I told you so, It's like that's the kind of vibe.
Speaker 4: I was going with.
Speaker 1: You know, I ended on five.
Speaker 7: Do you need more mixing?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 7: Why are you ending it?
Speaker 4: On fire Man because I just wanted to give him my all and just leave it right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just starts something new. But you never know. You know, jay Z made the Black album and he backed out it and you know, so it's like you never know.
Speaker 1: So this is a retirement album at the end of the series series what do you do to make all your money?
Speaker 4: French me, Yeah, this hustle my husband for a long time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we know a dirty by the way, that was the beauty of Dirty Bronx because you put a lot of things in perspective. I think I knew that you was the most screamed African born art. Yeah, but I didn't know you had told them any records.
Speaker 4: Yeah a million.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like like like one hundred million between minds and all the features that I was. I mean, you figure like Unforgettable alone, it's like thirteen million. So that's just like that's like by itself. So but I mean, man, I've been on some big record. My catalog is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you say on that album, you say, people think it's just your features. Yeah, you the main feature.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you know you still look at them all the way ups and you look at like you know what I'm saying, Like the lawyer Chris Brown and all those like you know, that was part of some big features and and and you know, like the catalog is, man, I still ain't selling you. I'm thinking about selling that and just buying like this building across.
Speaker 1: The street from me, how much you think your catalog were?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, honestly, I ain't even I didn't even get there.
Speaker 6: But I always felt like, you know, if somebody's trying to buy something from you, then guess you know then how much money they gonna make. Ain't no buying, buying, nothing to take a loss. So you know, I always looked at.
Speaker 4: It like that at one time.
Speaker 2: Well, if you know French, you know, when French goes out and he knows you, he's going to invite you to his party, right, That's who French is as a person. Like if y'are smoking, y'all smoking together, y'all drinking, you're gonna take care of You're gonna make sure you're good.
Speaker 5: Then there was one time where.
Speaker 2: You just stopped right because you said you had to get back healthy. Stop drinking, you stop smoking. Are you still in that that phase? And the more drinking and smoking off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, definitely. Man.
Speaker 6: You know, you know when you sit across from like a billionaire or something, you know, as soon as you take that sip of liquor take that buffal weed, like you're already richer than him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I just had to focus up.
Speaker 6: We lost a lot of money and made a lot of bad business deals with you know, might might have overslept and lost the bags, might have did this, might have did that, you know, and I got a chance to make some generation new wealth and change generations down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I was like, you know, let me just focus up and I leave no bags on the table.
Speaker 2: Do you have a fear for I know a lot of artists say that sometimes they feel like that drug or that alcohol puts them in the right zone. Will you ever feear for like, damn, if I don't drink like I used to, or I don't smoke that I might not be in the same zone as I was and making pop that or you ain't worried about nothing.
Speaker 5: Or you know some of those other records.
Speaker 6: Man, I've been popping perks for like ten years. You know what I'm saying, Oxy's perks drinking this twenty years. It got to the point where I wasn't getting drunk or high anymore. Right Like now I'm higher than I was when I was taking the drugs. It's just like my body is just like you know, it's like in shock. But I feel like making music is a passion, is love. It had nothing to do with drugs, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was just like the drugs kept the negative shit around me. You know what I'm saying, like the people.
Speaker 6: I lost people when I stopped doing drugs, I didn't lose the passion, you know what I'm saying. Because you know, when you drink and you take drugs, you let you know what I'm saying, You let the devil in you let you know what I mean. Like I was inviting everybody, and everybody wasn't inviting me. You know what I'm saying. Everybody, everybody, you know, everybody had motives and some of them had the negative I mean, I don't mind helping people that have motives, you know what I'm saying, that that's how we get our blessings. But there's people that have motives that have negative motives towards you. I have anybody to have a positive motive towards me. So I feel like I was letting the negative in the positive and that's why things started happening and.
Speaker 4: This and that.
Speaker 3: What about your passion for sleeping with rappers wives. That's inviting the devil too?
Speaker 4: French?
Speaker 1: Huh, come on, you say on the album we heard you come on and you was another one.
Speaker 4: That's but that's where hand came from.
Speaker 6: In the club and they be like, you know, people try to do business deals in the middle of the club.
Speaker 4: They were like, so, so, so let me tell you the story about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 6: Me and Drake was first working on the record another sniper, Yeah, working on the record, and the first line he said, he was like on double MG, fucking rapper's wife. He was like, we should start the ship off like that. Then I just then I just took it and I just ran with it, and I just made the first line that.
Speaker 1: But what they got to do with doing an in real life though, huh? What they got to do?
Speaker 4: Got to do it? No, honestly, I never did another nobody why.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, no rapper wire Okay, So just rap rape.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you're also on Dirty Brunch.
Speaker 3: You talk about buying your block, but you said that Nipsey, the Nipsy situation made you made you pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you elaborate on it?
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like watching that video with nip was like one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. And I felt like he would and and all he was trying to do is just shot, change his neighborhood and just bring some some some great things back and try to buy his block. And I feel like watching that scared me away from trying to do the same thing. And and and you know, because look what happened to Chinks. Chinks got shot in Queens, you know what I'm saying. Look what happened, you know, to a lot of people that don't have a name, you know what I'm saying, a lot of falling soldiers. I was just like, you know what, so why come back? Why come back and do that when I'm just seeing everybody around me just fall into it.
Speaker 1: Damn. So how did you overcome that? Or have you overcome that?
Speaker 4: I went to Calabasas.
Speaker 6: I'm still not but I'm still but I still come back. But just you know, at the end of the day, it's just you know, it always comes. You know, they always come from the inside, you know what I'm saying. So you just gotta be careful how you you know, how you let people get you know, get in contact.
Speaker 4: With your touch.
Speaker 6: You can't be just easily touched or easily get in contact with easily so anybody can pull.
Speaker 4: Up on you to do anything to you. You know what I'm saying. You gotta be able to be like a hawk on top of the mountain. Just watch your prey. Whenever you want something, you just go handle your business and dip.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's like that's like that's like advice for anybody that that's making real money.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of jealousy that comes from where we come from. You know what I'm saying. It should never be a situation.
Speaker 6: Where somebody can go to the to the block and see you at a store or this and that when you you know, some people with jay Z said broken is the one.
Speaker 4: No cast I just want to kill you.
Speaker 1: But even moving to Calabadgies, I mean pop got got in calling.
Speaker 4: No, no, you're not getting through the security.
Speaker 6: I live next door to Chris Jenna, the next door to cross the street from j Lo because Will Smith down the block, his kids walking up like you're not gonna get through.
Speaker 4: They know about that.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, Pop had no security. Pop had a gun on him. Pop had the wrong people around him. I was supposed to meet up a Pop that night. He had a party at his crib. Yeah, were supposed to meet up. I went to the Strip club. And after the strip club, we were supposed to go to his house. Because he sent everybody the address for the party. You know what I'm saying he had, And he had put that post up a couple of hours before, and and and you know, he had no security. And even when I first went to La, when you go to the Hills, it's like they don't have no no gator communities. It's just like the fences like the size of the hip.
Speaker 4: Let me just jump right over them, you know.
Speaker 1: So he was supposed to have a party that night.
Speaker 4: That night, he was supposed to have a party.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's why people had the addy. It wasn't just that everybody was saying it was a post on this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he would sending addies to us and me and to everybody else that was there. But yeah, he had posted the Mary package that was sent on Yikes.
Speaker 5: Yeah they got that right.
Speaker 2: See what happened with Drake on that? Because I know you and Drake made a lot of music, he said on this project.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did. But we got the documentary coming out in.
Speaker 6: June, and he executive producer, and so we're just gonna push the records back to them.
Speaker 1: Did he have to choose?
Speaker 3: Because it felt like, and I'm just listening to maca cheese in a way, it felt like I'm like the Kanye epenis or he just on a few records.
Speaker 4: No, I mean me and Kanye was locked in for like a month.
Speaker 6: Okay, he had he had rented out the hotel for like a month, and we knocked out a bunch of bunch of records. And the sound is we were doing like two different sounds when I was coming in. We were doing the sample vibes and we was doing the you know, the that whole like you know, him producing and like the whole graduation sound. But then the new sound he got now it was something that he was working on. So I was like you know what, Bro, I'm gonna just take these records and I'm just put them on Mac and Cheese five because MC and Cheese five got a certain sound. Even Bryson Taylor, he sent me like this, this AfroB vibe. I was like, yo, Bro, send me that grimy one. He sent me one.
Speaker 4: So it was just like a certain sound was going for for Mac and Cheese five.
Speaker 7: Was it like working what was it like working with today's version of Kanye?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: I mean when they come to me music, I don't I don't feel like you get too many versions from him.
Speaker 4: You just get the music, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't feel like you get too many versions from him. I just I feel like he's He's what entertainment is.
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like being so unpredictable is like as entertaining, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Not when that shit cost you billions of dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we spoke about it on the song too. Yeah, I mean, but man, he said I lost. He said I lost eight billions to get the chains off my neck.
Speaker 3: Only to try to put him back on, only the only to apologize and sh I'll give you all twenty percent cut it.
Speaker 6: Out man, I ain't gonna lie. Kanye's on back and she's five.
Speaker 1: Web is hard.
Speaker 4: That's hard. That's hard.
Speaker 3: You also spoke on the Dirty Bronx record about how New York DJ's never used to play your music and you had to go down south to get your recognition.
Speaker 2: I talked about that exactly what he said, to go down there to get popping Chopping Down.
Speaker 1: Wasn't playing his music.
Speaker 3: If you think about the last few people from New York that became big time, New York wasn't really supporting them like that, and not Nikki, not the sad you.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe Cardi because it was a little dity supported and they supported, I mean they supported Cardi after they saw so many artists making without them.
Speaker 6: They was like, you know what, we gotta pick a side right now, fifty fifty another one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hell yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is that envy? Why don't New York DJs? Why weren't y'all supporting y'all?
Speaker 4: French?
Speaker 5: I supported all them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had like the whole Cocaine City era. Then I had my my whole Max b era. Then I had then I went down South May Chopping Down. Then I was like like scorching hot. Then I then I was like, you know what, New York ain't show me no love, let me go down South. Then I made I made Shot Caller after Max B got locked up because I was so much black Ball because everybody turned their back home me because Max B was just tearing everybody ass up. And after he got locked up, he just left me with the black Ball. I was just like, so I just locked in with Harry Fraud and we made Shot Caller. It's like I got put into a corner and it was like, yo, is he not gonna fight through this with music or I'm just gonna just be like you know what used to remember that kid? He used to have Mike saves with Maxaze, So just like you know, but it took me ten years, like like oh two, I dropped the first Cocaine City, so oh nine, that's when I got signed.
Speaker 1: You didn't take you serious as a rapper because they remember you the DVD guy.
Speaker 4: At first at first, but but the DVDs.
Speaker 6: You know, there was a time when Envy had an artist ref rec Cafe. It was a time with Clue Half Fab. It was a time where where Greenland Coconine so nobody was letting nobody. So this one guy named Smack came out with the most brilliant ID ever, bringing all the rappers.
Speaker 4: And he was putting Shay Davis on it. YEP. I was like, yo, I know all the drug dealers, I know all the rappers.
Speaker 6: Let me make Cocaine City DVD. And I'm putting myself in the middle. How you put Shay Davis? People didn't know I was only making Cocaine City DVD. People throw somebody else making it, and they was putting me in it. So by the time the fifth volume came, Acon called to sign me. You know what I'm saying, because they didn't even know I was the DVD guy.
Speaker 4: Was this and that so. But the whole object the whole time was for me to be a rap star, you know what I'm saying. So I was making the money.
Speaker 6: We would make Cocaine CITDVD would make thirty thirty thousand copies five dollars apiece.
Speaker 4: You'd make it about quarter million and a half a million dollars and promoting myself.
Speaker 6: Wow, people was paying Smack fifty thousand dollars to get on Smack DVD.
Speaker 4: Every time.
Speaker 6: I was making three hundred thousand dollars to five hundred thousand every volume, and I was pulling myself on it.
Speaker 4: By the time the fifth volume came.
Speaker 6: It was just like so I was always ahead of myself, like you know, I mean from from like from the beginning, so by half.
Speaker 1: A million dollars of DVD, but you know, you put it right.
Speaker 6: Back into it, you know what I'm saying. So he was always investing, investing for the big picture. So by the time Akon signed me that when he gave you the fake watch, oh Man shop Acon, the second watch is fake too, I ain't gonna do that the Acon, but you know, we had a shopping deal. Then after that, the shopping deal didn't work because he had lady got this and that whatever, whatever, it didn't worked, But you know, I appreciate Acon just for the for the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Then after that, that's when I got with Max being this and that.
Speaker 2: But that's but that's what it was, was Max doing it is because I know there was rumors that he was coming out last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just put coming home on his page. So we all weighing, well, yeah, we are.
Speaker 1: How do you introduce Max b back to this era?
Speaker 4: Of hip hop. He is this era of hip hop.
Speaker 6: He is the most one of the most viral Max b like the wave gud like nah, that's a silver surfer like Rememn. Back then he was he was viral off YouTube. We would just sit there and watch YouTube and just go just go Ham. So it's like, you know, it's the same thing, just YouTube and in the app.
Speaker 3: I wonder, do you do you feel like you didn't take the DVD thing to the next level because I feel like the next step would have been a website for y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, But I feel like that wasn't my passion.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. You always follow your passion. If that was my passion to make DVDs, I would have been the biggest DVD, biggest blogger, the biggest. But my passion when I the idea, when I first got it, it was for me to wrap, you know what I'm saying. So I went through them ten volumes of me like sacrificing and you know, going to meet up with people and having somebody interview him and doing all that. I don't want to do that shit just to pull myself in the middle. But I had to sacrifice. I had to get people what they know until they knew me. And once they did that, I was like, Okay, cool, now let's take over this rap thing. I ain't got to call nobody no more to make music, all right?
Speaker 4: That was That was the passion.
Speaker 1: Her instrumental was Gucci Man in your career.
Speaker 4: When I went when I went to down South.
Speaker 6: With Dev, I used to see Gucci like once in a while, like he would pop up to deb and this and that. But every time I seen him, it was always loved. And he came to my video shoot. Matter of fact, when I shot Chopping Down, he just showed up to the video shoot and he came in.
Speaker 4: It was a vibe.
Speaker 5: I wanted to know what how's did he have? You spoke to Diddy?
Speaker 4: How did he doing?
Speaker 5: Because I know you and you assigned the Diddy at one time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I spoke. I spoke to him in New Year's I spoke to him a New Year, check on him. He's doing great for sure.
Speaker 3: You and you embraced a lot of young artists from the Bronx too, Like you got shot on this project.
Speaker 6: Yeah, shot shot the d Thanks, shot the kenslosh in the back. They both from the Bronx I got, I Got forty one. They're from Brooklyn one yeah, yeah, they're.
Speaker 4: On the album forty one.
Speaker 6: GM Carter Too, Yeah yeah, Jim Cardier yea yeah, they're from Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What makes you want to embrace the young generation like that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: I always looked at myself like the bridge when it comes to the to the music game. I felt like I could always tap in with with the Kanyes, you know what I'm saying, the J's or whatever it is, and it's still tap back in with it with the pop smokes, the smurders and do this, do this and that. I felt like I was always like the bridge in between. You know, they gonna talk about the Bronx right there?
Speaker 1: They yet did they search off? Get them some chains?
Speaker 4: Who is that? Who?
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 4: The thing?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, okay, okay. Now you just signed the recently, right yea?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: With ten K, they signed the.
Speaker 4: Okay with Cole Boys and bok. How hard is not to look in the back?
Speaker 1: How hard did the break of artists? Ods?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: I think I think the artists gotta want it, you know what I'm saying. I think there's no there's no certain structure menu to it. I feel like you just can't have no plan. Beaders gotta want it, you gotta go all out for it.
Speaker 1: What's the expectation though, Like, what do you like? What's the expectation for a rapper in two twenty four?
Speaker 4: I think there is nothing. There's so many. I think there is none.
Speaker 1: There's so many.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't feel like you can ye with social media.
Speaker 6: I'm like, there's none. I feel like, you know, I mean, you just gotta you just gotta have that character, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those big brother conversations though, like you know, the because I've know whether it's it's recording and spending or being on time and all the stuff that you fucked up with, Do you have those big brother conversations like let me let me walk you down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. I saw him in the studio.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yo, bro, there's no other place you should be outside of the studio like that that room, right than in four walls. That's your bank, that's your vote. Anywhere out of that room, You're no good than nobody. You know what I'm saying. He just came home from jail, so like you're out of that room, you're no good because you know you're liable to get in trouble with a lot of people, to get caught up with the wrong things, a lotable to be around the wrong things. So I just feel like that room right there, you know what I mean, Like it's got to make as much music as you can because you never know, you never know when you're gonna make that one record that's gonna change your life.
Speaker 2: Eever, and how do you deal with all this now? Because you've seen everything. I mean, you didn't seen shootouts, you didn't seen death, you didn't seen so much because if you've been there, but you also do know part of your music is being there and being able to write that and wrap that and all that.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what I'm saying. You're gonna You're gonna do that.
Speaker 6: But but sometimes you get caught up too much in that, you know what I'm saying, especially if you come home from jail.
Speaker 4: You want to live the life, you want to do this, do that.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just when when when things happen to people they never expected to happen, That's why it happened.
Speaker 3: Man, When things happened to people you never expected it to happen. That's why it happened.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Chaks would have never wanted to that hookah spot four am in the morning, man in the morning by himself, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No, he has security. He had security. Yeah, he had security with him and everything.
Speaker 1: Well, you got shot.
Speaker 5: It was in the car.
Speaker 4: So I mean he got shot six times in the car. He has he has security with him and everything.
Speaker 6: It was four in the morning, leaving a hookah spot, going chasing the joint on the side of the road.
Speaker 4: It just like, you know what I mean, Like he didn't expect that to happen. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, so what's up when when you think about all of the violence that you've seen, were you afraid to sign drill rappers?
Speaker 4: I don't know. We was drilled before the drill were the original drug.
Speaker 3: Grab a chair with the chairs that coming chair for d thing, No, bro, because everybody was saying like there was a period it felt like labels were about to back.
Speaker 6: We heard drill music before drill music. Me and Max b we had people the whole in New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you don't think drill is a sound. It's just a it's a lifestyle energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chicago is like that.
Speaker 1: So what what is drill? D think? What is drill? Right now?
Speaker 9: How drill is like anybody do it?
Speaker 10: Like you can just come from college and just had a whole good life and just drill rap now like niggas just do that now.
Speaker 9: It wasn't like that for me when I was coming. For me, we had to really do shit.
Speaker 3: Like but that's the problem though, you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of rap. Like you saw Pat Joe say nine his lyrics were live, not this new generation.
Speaker 4: No right he started drilling.
Speaker 9: You can't lock. That's bad. We can't really live. I really was rapping what I really lived?
Speaker 5: Do you seem like you gotta feel like you know what? I gotta get out the Bronx and the Bronx crazy.
Speaker 1: The craziest people in America from the Bronx and all the Florida is.
Speaker 9: Why I'm different now though, to get up go anywhere one now?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 3: Sad?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Kids? What is drill to you?
Speaker 4: To MI?
Speaker 8: To the mic, I feel like, like French, that is a lifestyle thing like because like I feel like you connect with people through music based off like like the vibes that they give you in the field that their music gives you. So like if somebody, like you said, if somebody can't rap in and it's like, you know, this person is in college and they're doing drill rap, it's not really gonna stick as much as you know, like French come out here talking about him growing up through the struggle and ship like it's gonna be more relatable. I feel like, like he said, I don't know about that, but I feel about I feel like it's like a lifestyle thing is like what you talk about, and like what type of vibe and energy here song or music has is what gives it to drill?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like people have to live their lyrics though, because I want you all to lie, I don't want it.
Speaker 8: I feel like I feel like, yes, you know, because your music has to.
Speaker 10: Be related to step to people because a nigga like me is not gonna jogg it now.
Speaker 9: If I know you did not do nothing before the whole world you got the whole world hype.
Speaker 8: You thinking about it in like a like a doing on something like how you said fresh could be capping about fucking, fucking rappers wife's.
Speaker 1: But that's some relatable ship.
Speaker 8: Somebody out there fucking sucking a.
Speaker 7: Rapper wife.
Speaker 9: Another nigga lifestyle.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying, I never do that. The perfect balance to have with which you call them best friends. Yeah, that's that's a good balance to have her with you, though, because I understand like the street part of it, you know.
Speaker 10: What I mean.
Speaker 7: But you don't. You don't only want to appeal to the street, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: It's people that look up that will look up to you and that looks looks up to you. That it's not gonna be in the street and still feel like they can do what you do. But not in the street though, because everybody ain't got the heart you have, you know what I mean. And so she's a great balance to what y'all. So what you just said, you don't you don't.
Speaker 7: Feel like that, don't be you don't feel like that, do a little bit. It's a star like it's bigger than the streets.
Speaker 9: Now, I understand, but.
Speaker 5: You feel like you been through it, so you you you only respect what people have been through.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I feel me, So I don't even care about that. I'm trying to change my life to I don't care about none of that period, none of that, no more, just being meat.
Speaker 1: And French is the o G.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell him like when you see hip hop under attack the way that it is, you see people getting you know, lyrics brought up in court, like you don't you know, you don't want to be confessing the things on records I had to learn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had with the Rico too, what that's.
Speaker 1: Why you did the three?
Speaker 9: I was about to come home?
Speaker 4: They went, they went through what I'm going through an early age. He got a crazy story because he got his story even with the group that he was with.
Speaker 6: His man took the gun charge for him, and like they got like they went through like what Big and d Rock went through, like at an early age, and like they already got like a whole documentary. And he's not even like he's early twenties.
Speaker 1: How could you learn that lesson? That's beautiful?
Speaker 5: So so what's next for y'all? What's next?
Speaker 4: What's next for the artists?
Speaker 5: Because I know usually you do compilation and you you Coke Boy.
Speaker 6: Go Boys seven he got he just dropped like two singles. I do a video to you too, Yes, No, he's moving like, came to my crebit love it, Yeah, came to my creb in l A. I go to sleep, I wake up eight in the morning. I hear all this noise. I'm like, what's happening y'all? Y'all just called the camera guy was shooting the video. It was eight in the morning.
Speaker 2: French was one of those guys they caught me at six o'clock in the morning about records in your records and your records. Every every couple of weeks, three weeks, four weeks, French is gonna hit me. And you always say, did your number change? I'm like, no, nigga, my number record.
Speaker 7: French is on it man Ken eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 10: Years baby, Yes, but they're doing when you shooting your video at this song right here is like I had to bring them back, like to the old me a little bit because the way I've been rapping a little but I've been trying to change it up and people want some like now we need the oldie things back, like like we don't know if he still got it, Like we don't know if he's the same like he changed. So I just had him just go crazy one more time to go some freestyles. I went crazy on that song. You know they're going jack that, like now he really back? Well do that like on the block, everybody come outside on the block and everybody with all black diggies.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that about everybody at all. Yeah, like, Yo, you don't sound like the last record, not even the.
Speaker 10: Last record like before I went to jail period and now that demon town no more.
Speaker 7: Like he changed, Bro, I didn't go anywhere. Yeah, you evolved with then you.
Speaker 9: Try to give him a new sign.
Speaker 8: They're like your core fans like they want to old.
Speaker 9: You than Bro.
Speaker 10: I'm like, but I'm gonna give it to them. They can't say not after this one, after this one, they're gonna say, like he's just like if.
Speaker 3: You're gonna drop a couple of songs, and we went to old the one that you just gave him two months ago, it's only two months later.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to evolve it. We'll keep doing that because that's how you grow your audience. You grow bigger you. You appeal to other girls and other guys. You know what I'm saying, Like it don't be scared to to like try different stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you've had longevity, right ference, Yeah, consistent, Yeah, first sound good on.
Speaker 12: Any you could be a reggae song, a Spanish song, a d song, afro in the box, put me.
Speaker 6: In the box, I took. I took my first chance for Unforgettable. That's the biggest record.
Speaker 1: Well that was a risk. You thought that was a chance that sounds like.
Speaker 4: People people from the streets. Wasn't doing afro bro like what I played it for some people that were like, you better not put that out.
Speaker 5: It was like before that afroweight.
Speaker 6: I was like, was that was like the first person to do it. That's why that's why it's the biggest afro record to ever come out, and it's and it's the most stream record to ever come out of New York, out of jay Z, out of out of Nikki, out of the CARDI nobody, nobody record stream more than I'm Forgettable.
Speaker 4: Because I took a chance with it with a sound.
Speaker 7: Is that why Africa?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Shot in Africa because it was just like, you know, like to take it back.
Speaker 1: To you said a lot of his videos in Africa. Yeah, stand up for shooting videos.
Speaker 11: In Africa, I said, I ask, But yeah, I love to see it, you know, you shot a light on them, you shot a light on the artist.
Speaker 7: It's a whole baggage deal.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to different.
Speaker 4: He got a record with the Vito coming out, he got drill. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They still got you under the microscope, though, friends, because didn't they didn't they search your PJ.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, hell yeah. I mean but it was like the whole Cooke Boy thing. They probably googled, yeah, like you know, and it was in calias like the Capitol Cocaine damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they didn't have no reason.
Speaker 4: They just no, they didn't have no reason, and you couldn't do nothing nothing about it.
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 4: I just see the dogs walking up and I'm like it was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah you thought it was funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I have that.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, let's get into a record off the album.
Speaker 1: Two more questions made in the USA.
Speaker 3: You talk about, you know, just your appreciation for achieving success in America.
Speaker 4: What does that mean you man?
Speaker 6: I mean being born in Africa coming here at thirteen not knowing English is a different hustle than if you're born in born here and used to to the life. I felt like Mada in the USA is like it's like an immigrant story. It's just coming here with your family, and it's like you know, your mother, watching your mother struggle and just and just try to adapt and like adapt to the culture shocks and just come in here, especially learning English, not knowing English, but not also just not that trying to do the the worst fucking job you can do, which is rap. So you picked the hardest job, you know what I'm saying. You come right to the mecca of hip hop. You know what I'm saying. When when it was hard to make it, you know what I'm saying, When you had big pun down the street and you had like you know, so I feel like Madia in the USA is kind of like that was like one of them stories. Like then hustle I'm talking about hustling on there, like literally getting getting crack from my cousin and telling him my mother stole it and my I mean my mother seen it and started crying just so I could sell it and buy my own work and started selling work. And it was just like just like doing little little things like coming up and just like you know, we learned from no man shot the luc out.
Speaker 4: He back there.
Speaker 6: He been from my block for like twenty years, so he's seen the struggle. So making it in the USA, you know, it's just it's just it's just something.
Speaker 4: It's just something. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, they don't give you enough credit for the community.
Speaker 9: Say I said, now they body that twenty years later. Look what they're doing. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Bo. Yeah, and you don't get enough credit for the community service you do. I mean just around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you donated five hundred canoes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to to my Coco. It's crazy. It's like the city is under the waters. It's like I've never been nowhere.
Speaker 4: It's like that.
Speaker 6: It's like you take you take your canoe from like from like the bridge side and it and you like you stay on the canoe for like a half an hour. Then you just approach the city that's all underwater. Like nah, it's crazy. Like yeah, like half of the half of the cribs under the water. Then like the only like the two floors up and people just nah. The living was crazy when I went there. No, I'm it's like I think, like three thousand people.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know how I got like that, But it's one of them wonders of the world. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know the history, but it was just a blessing to see that, the blessing to see that I can help the same thing with you, Guana.
Speaker 4: We went and opened up a hospital over there. Same thing with Morocco went.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah for that for Morocco, same thing for the Bronx opened up school program. I mean, whenever we get a chance to get we always gonna get back.
Speaker 1: It was true that you said that j Cole was supposed to executive produce.
Speaker 4: My first album. Yeah.
Speaker 6: J Cole heard my first album in Miami. We was all in Trina House and I was playing for him and he was like, yo, bro let me executive produce it. Then we was on tour with Club Paradise sold with Drake, so we all just jumped on tour. But honestly, part of me was like, Yo, I'm gonna let him just put his name on it. But if I'm gonna do an album with j Cole, I'm gonna want Jay Cole to do with me from the beginning, so I could benefit from the Jake Cole experience. You know what I'm saying. I come to him with an album already done, like y'o just slap your name on it.
Speaker 1: Who you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, better chemistry would cold Drake. I feel like Drake for somebody like y'all like Snapper one and two, y'all go back and forth.
Speaker 4: Drake. Now Drake my twin man, that's that's my bro.
Speaker 6: Me and him definitely got better, better chemistry just just because you know, when Drake first came and people didn't really know who he was. He came and you know, in New York and this and that, and we met up and and we met up like again in Miami when I was doing Ross album and we did State Schemen, and Drake first heard it when Ross played it for him, and he was like, Yo, I heard the whole album. I want to do this joint, you know what I'm saying. And just like we're building out from pop Dad to you know, the whole thing. I felt like like it was it was more natural.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's too Drake's best versus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely it was. It was it was moments, you know what I'm saying. It was was that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Who smash more Cardashians?
Speaker 4: You a drink?
Speaker 5: Jesus Christ, Okay, Jesus, do you want to get into what's you want?
Speaker 4: I mean, since we got drill in the building, let's go to that forty one.
Speaker 5: So okay, all right, well, we appreciate you for joining us, Thank you for having me. Ladies and gentlemen, Mac and Cheese five, make sure you get it.
Speaker 4: It's out today, knob Real Forreil, New York. In the building, wake that ans up in the morning. The Breakfast Club