Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a miracle.
Speaker 2: There is no question that there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man, now the new developments in the definitely spatshooting rampas.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a really bad day for him and this is what he did, and.
Speaker 2: So we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: White supremacist violence is always has been the number one threat to us.
Speaker 4: Decide, But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. The practice club bitch.
Speaker 2: Syrinning, please tell me why was I your Donkey.
Speaker 1: Of the day.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today for Friday, February twenty third goes to Fox News pundit Raymond Arryo.
Speaker 4: I think he pronounced his last name.
Speaker 2: Raymond was on Fox's big weekend show and they were suggesting that black voters were now abandoned the Democratic Party or have been abandoning the Democratic Party and President Joe Biden because former President Donald Trump is now selling sneak Let's listen.
Speaker 3: I was on social media last night. Very interesting as you see black support eroding from Joe Biden. This is connecting with Black America because they love sneakers. They're into sneakers. They love the you know, there's a big deal, certainly in the inner city. So when you have Trump roll out his sneaker line, they're like, wait a minute, this is cool. He's reaching them on a level that defies and is above politics. The culture always trumps politics, and Trump understands culture like no politician I've ever seen. Question for you on that point though, Yeah, Well, the people that are excited about the sneakers and excited about Donald Trump, will that translate into them going out and voting for Donald Trump? Anybody willing to put four hundred bucks down for a pair of sneakers. Yeah, I think that's commitment and love.
Speaker 2: We are a very un serious country, yoah, and we shouldn't be unseerious at a time like this when democracy is on the line. But we also need to be learning from who you consider to be opposition. There is some things Raymond said that I agree with, meaning Trump understands the culture better than any politician currently. Black coachure though entertainment culture, and we live in an era sadly where culture does trump politics.
Speaker 4: By the way, maybe it always has.
Speaker 2: I remember Bill Clinton going on our senior Hall back in the day and playing the saxophone. Y'all started calling Bill Clinton the first black president after that. Okay, remember members of Congress in twenty twenty when they.
Speaker 4: Was wearing kin, take cloth and taking a knee.
Speaker 2: You know, I will say I also agree with him in regards that Trump having a better handle on culture, and that's also just because of how society has shifted. Never forget, Donald Trump's a celebrity. Okay, He's been a pop coach icon since the eighties, and now that politics is pop culture. Trump is just killing Biden from an entertainment perspective. You know, I just mentioned Bill Clinton playing the saxon Arthennio Congress and they wore to kN take clap, it took a knee. Hillary came on breakfast club talking about hot sauce from Beyonce, had formation out.
Speaker 4: It happens.
Speaker 2: But Raymond Areo is getting donkey of the day because, just like so many other people in politics on both sides, they just think black people are simple. I don't unders staying why folks believe black people don't want tangible things and exchange for their vote.
Speaker 4: You know what that tangible thing is money? People want upward mobility.
Speaker 2: Black folks aren't leaving the Democratic Party because they are supporting Trump. I mean, some might be, but most Black people I know, they just fed up a politics period.
Speaker 4: They don't want it.
Speaker 2: They won't be one over because Biden is doing the latest TikTok challenge. They won't be one over because Kamala has is reciting rap lyrics. They won't be one over because Trump is selling sneak. Because they will be one over when you offer them something that will provide them upward mobility. In this country, it's simple, Okay, people calling for reparations because it's old, but also because it's something that will provide financial relief. People get excited over student loan debt being wiped out because it's something that provides financial relief.
Speaker 4: People get excited.
Speaker 2: Over affordable healthcare because it's affordable. It's something that provides financial relief. Everything revolves around money.
Speaker 4: Upward mobility. Okay, why do you think people love the stimulus checks?
Speaker 2: The PPP money, money, money, that's what all Americans care about. But I'm telling you that's what black people want. Start offering black people actual tangible things.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I speak to black people and they want the government to do more to confront white supremacy. Black people want you to do something to protect voting rights. Black people want polieve you for them. Black people want, you know, more student that relief. Great job, you know that the Biden administration has done on that so far. And once again, black people want money. It's really that simple. It's not rocket science here. So that's what Raymond is completely off thinking. All it takes is a sneaker to get black people to come out and vote.
Speaker 4: Now, let's just talk business for a second. How much you say them sneakers was reselling for in.
Speaker 1: Two thousand without a signature, up to eight thousand with a Trump.
Speaker 2: Signature on it, and they cost three n nine to nine dollars.
Speaker 4: That's the hell of a flip. Okay, that's a hell of a flip.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 4: People still hustle this baby.
Speaker 2: Don't think just because you see someone buying these sneakers that they automatically support Trump. Now, if you are a Trump lover and you went out and bought the sneakers, yeah, nine times out of ten, you're probably gonna vote for them. Some people just buying these sneakers the resell Okay, some folks just trying to eat because this country doesn't provide upward mobility for us.
Speaker 4: So I got to go out here and get it on my own.
Speaker 2: Now, the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee is here, the good brother Mac. I don't know why he just isn't already sitting in the room because it takes him. Takes him twenty seconds to walk two feet walk. Good morning, Good morning Mac.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Now talk to me, Mac. What's your perspective on this? You had a perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, See, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I think it's all about right idea, wrong execution, you know what I'm saying. Like, I get what they were trying to do with the sneakers, but they did it like if somebody just you know, got b ET plus for the first week and they're like, oh I see sneakers and all this this is what black people want.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's other things.
Speaker 5: That you could offer us that will kind of sway our votal what you think.
Speaker 1: Outside of.
Speaker 5: Go to hell, Outside of reparations, clearly, that's that's easy. But my suggestion is politicians, give us a break from rent, give us a month off, maybe February Black History Month.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's less days anyway, So we're paying for all the days anyway, we're getting cheaped anyway, we're playing regular price for the the same amount of day like that.
Speaker 4: And by the way, that's something that revolves around financial relief.
Speaker 5: Continue absolutely give us a four pack of Beyonce tickets with one Rihanna album. If we could get four, and it don't have to be the country tour, it could be her next one, whatever she does after that.
Speaker 1: But some four.
Speaker 5: Renaissance tickets plus a Rihanna album, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I might vote for her whoever it is.
Speaker 4: That's good reseale value to those You know what I'm saying. Once again, it's something that revolves around money.
Speaker 5: Okay, give us another season of Lovecraft Country if somebody can make that happen.
Speaker 6: Super If you passed, vote for you is not where I wanted what I want.
Speaker 4: I thought you. I thought you had voting. Could you stop? Please get Raymond the biggest sa hull Jesus Christ. I thought you had real tangents.
Speaker 1: This is a serious time, So you do those, and that's what would make you vote for.
Speaker 5: True if they let Chris Brown perform at the super Bowl, I will vote for whoever make that happen.
Speaker 1: Man bye, immediately, it's a man on the floor. Man got my vote.
Speaker 2: Let's have a serious quests, have a serious conversation. Open up the phone lines right now. Angel, And she's not she's never playing with me. There's not too many people who keep their foot they put my ask the way she does.
Speaker 1: There's always likes put other things in your ask. So what's the question? Eight? Undive one?
Speaker 2: You got to open it up a little more, open up the phone line. We know that black people are not stupid enough to vote for somebody because they put out a good sneaker.
Speaker 1: It's not a good sneaker. Sneaker is not dope. It's an ugly sneaker.
Speaker 4: Well, I say good because it's hot.
Speaker 1: Oh I means selling good, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So what's the tangibles? What do we want?
Speaker 1: Are we asking what would make people vote for him? That is that what you old? Because in general, okay, you're asking for a black agenda this Friday morning on why not? So what you cause?
Speaker 2: Clearly these people don't know if they're on Fox News saying things like, hey, you know they would vote for this man for a pair of sneakers up the fall and let's let people hear exactly what black people are really interesting.
Speaker 4: About, serious real tangibles.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, let's have the commisce eight hundred five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: What are some tangible things? Some things that you want. That's what we're asking, wanting real issues. I shout out to my dad, Dad, I'm not going to buy the Trump sneakause I was joking, I swear dad. My dad just hit me, like, better not come to this house. No, goddamn Trump sneakers.
Speaker 4: The real culture, that's culture there.
Speaker 6: You better not when you're grown ass man the family and he's telling you you better not come in here with those.
Speaker 1: No, he said, no, goddamn trouble there you go.
Speaker 4: Did you gonna have the business conversation or did you tell them they're.
Speaker 6: Going for the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lambing soft.
Speaker 4: Don't be a Donkey When you need a fighter on your side.
Speaker 1: If you ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com.
Speaker 4: And when you mess with the bull.
Speaker 1: You get the horns. Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 4: Breakfast club