Speaker 1: You guys, this is history what you've done.
Speaker 2: Wash up, you guys should do a platform that into.
Speaker 1: The world's most morning show.
Speaker 3: Burke was goods DJ Vy every playing by record, I made it, Jess hilarious.
Speaker 4: I'm like I didn't keep on the rep Club Charlamagne made you think they'd like the controversial questions to taking his part.
Speaker 5: I like that show they ex Breakfast Club, good morning Usa yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo Jess hilarius and be hearing a sex Charlamagne to gud piscetead up playing it.
Speaker 3: Is Friday, Yes, good morning.
Speaker 2: How we feeling out there?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Another day to serve?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I feel blessed, Black and Holly favorite. How you feel?
Speaker 1: I feel amazing? I feel great. Today is a great dad, great Friday. My kids were off all week cuss so yesterday after work they wanted to go bowling, So I went bowling with the kids. Had a great time. For no we go whole week off.
Speaker 3: Mine had Monday too, then Wednesday, which is so strange because you know growing up that we didn't have. We didn't even have President's Day off period when we was in school.
Speaker 2: Then, no, did we did?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I never had President's Day in the nineteen hundred and seventies. I was doing nineteen hundred and seventy eight. I remember having no President's Day off.
Speaker 2: Definitely. We definitely had no week or no three days. We just had one day.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jessicay, Yes, jess Wharius, Yeah, I only had they had three days off. But it's weird to have three days off and then send people back to school.
Speaker 2: On Thursday Thriday. Yeah, what's the point of that that? Don't you getting kids the whole week?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, my Sunday to go to school all week. So I don't know what that's about week. Yeah, he goes to a charter school. I don't know if that's different from what your kids have school all week? Yeah, I know yours didn't until today yesterday? So yesterday, yeah very well.
Speaker 8: Yes, Okay, I hate driving here.
Speaker 7: It's a ten minute drive drive and then I don't know what's up with the GPS.
Speaker 8: Look, and this has nothing to do with the outage yesterday.
Speaker 7: Like my GPS it'll reroute me, it'll keep you it's like it is doesn't know New Jersey.
Speaker 3: New York because sometimes roads be blocked off because they're be doing construction, instruction and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: So sorry for the people use GPS.
Speaker 2: Use Ways.
Speaker 1: Ways is a good GPS that definitely works well in the city because Way tells you what's going on. Way tells you DS they tell you what night, the police cameras and all.
Speaker 2: Just be patient.
Speaker 3: I used to do the same thing when I first moved up here, to be looking into the GPS. It'll rewrite you. A street be blocked off, you don't know the city, you meet a.
Speaker 7: Little lost around and then getting turned around in Jersey is different from being turned around anywhere else in the world.
Speaker 2: Can't make a left, you gotta make a I'm not with none of that.
Speaker 3: I'm just going over to work. That's gonend up costing you too much moneyping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we got some special guests joining us this morning. We got uh, French Montana. He'll be joining us. Mac and Cheese five is out today. That Dirty b X it will be joining us. I'm so I'm so proud of French Montana because I mean, what because we've seen with from oh you ain't say for what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just trying to throw a shot at the Bronx this morning, to the Bronx. I was about to say, he from the Bronx. The crazy people in America come from the Bronx and all that is. Bronx is a beautiful place. But we see where he came, not really, but it is, which means it's not a different places.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not all crazy and I'm not cool siding, but anyway, but he came from a place of he had to grind and people didn't respect him as a rapper, and he had to do so many different guy. Yeah, and he came out to where he is now and all the success that he's had. So salute to the to the Bronx this morning, and he's had a nice run. Fren's been around for what fifteen years? Yeah, fifteen years, longer than that. And also Roxy d has will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Another person was a great run. That's right, great run in this game. You know we all saw Roxy start. We saw Roxy starting radio didn't one on six in part that's right. Now she's doing Good Morning America movies, all types of other stuff. That's right, she's actually here to talk about a movie that she's in on BT Plus called Dot Dutch two Dutch, two Angels Revenge.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Well, let's get the show crack and we got front page news. Angela Urai will be joining us this morning, so we're gonna kick it with Angelade and a little bit. I guess has got the day off.
Speaker 3: Had a little emergency.
Speaker 2: All right, breakfast club, good morning. This record is it's way to New York for six am.
Speaker 1: And I love it. I love it New York.
Speaker 3: We don't want to we don't want to hear this Lina all over the country.
Speaker 2: I hope there is the police because I need help.
Speaker 3: I can smell the Pelly Pelly on that record that sounds like a custom sounds like custom made lou Baton overall.
Speaker 2: Hard record. But to New York Morning, I don't want to help. I love it. It's alute to French.
Speaker 1: All right, we do a record club, just Hilary charlamage to God. Let's get in some front page news. Morning, angel A AI.
Speaker 9: Hey, there are good people feeling I'm feeling good. But this young man who this court ruled against yesterday probably isn't Darryl George, who is a junior at Barber's Hill High School, has been an in school suspension since August for wearing his hair in locks. Dang, So you all have heard of the Crown Acts, and the Crown Act was designed to protect against this very thing. But this judge in this Texas court said that this particular school dress policy does not violate the Crown Act, so the school is going to be able to continue to enforce this. This young man walks out of the court room in tears and he says, all this because of my hair. He's been in school suspension, meaning he can't get high food and he can't get the instructional materials because of the locks. They had someone who co authored the Crown Act on the stand.
Speaker 10: Say that this was the very purpose of the Crown Acts.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: So I don't know if y'all have thoughts about this, but this is nuts to me.
Speaker 2: Why why doesn't he just homeschool at this point?
Speaker 10: I mean, and wherever he's been in the school since August?
Speaker 2: In school suspension is rough, but I used to hate in schools mentions.
Speaker 3: Let me stay home and stay in iss all day.
Speaker 10: He wasn't because of hair.
Speaker 9: No, no, yeah, so he has these beautiful locks.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I thought y'all would have a lot more to say about that.
Speaker 2: But what's the solution, Like, what can he do it?
Speaker 9: Well, they're going to appeal it, of course, and I think that they have to continue to emphasize all over the country.
Speaker 10: There's been a movement that's been one place where.
Speaker 9: Black folks have successfully legislated all over the country. We will protect our hair. You will not continue to tell us how we're going to wear our hair.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. In twenty twenty four, we still having this conversation about hair, and.
Speaker 9: The civil rights issue of our time is going to be that because what you can't do it, because we're not gonna let you touch it, because we're not going to let you physically.
Speaker 10: Keep us out of the classroom. What missus Texas Texas.
Speaker 7: And his parent didn't want to take him out the school to put him into another school.
Speaker 8: That's like half the year, that's a long time.
Speaker 10: It is you know what I really think, Jess.
Speaker 9: I think this is about trying to make a statement, and they were willing to, you know, let him, unfortunately.
Speaker 10: Be the martyr of this cause. But it sounds like he's willing. It's just take on him.
Speaker 3: Education, his education, his mental health is emotional well being like that.
Speaker 1: That or maybe he wants to go to that school. Maybe his friends are at that school. Yeah, I haven't seen y'all since Augustus, but he wants that's maybe he wants to go back and hang with his friends, you know, and he's willing to take that.
Speaker 9: Or just say I'm gonna protect my hair at all costs. I don't know where else he could go. That's the entire school district that has that dress code. So speaking of America not being a racist country, the South Carolina GOP primary will be this Saturday, the twenty fourth, and Charles Berkley, who's not a South Carolina voter, but it's very excited to vote for Nikki Haley, had this to say when she was on his show on Seeing It.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 11: Give all my energy behind your campaign, but I was upset when of you made the reference that you didn't think America had racism.
Speaker 12: So first of all, I never said that there was not racism in America. There absolutely is racism in America. I said that America was not a racist country. The premise of America was never to be a racist country. I think the goal was always to have freedom. Now we stumbled along the way, and we've got some parts of our history that were.
Speaker 13: Not pretty, but we got past that.
Speaker 12: I don't think that our founders wanted us to have a racist country. I don't believe that that's the basis that America sets on. I think it's always to be the best country with the most freedom that allows anybody to be whatever they want to be without government getting in their way or anybody else getting in their way.
Speaker 9: As Laura thoughts, I so interesting whytch people square me wear me on this subject. I think what's more interesting here is Charles Berkley is saying to her.
Speaker 10: Which we didn't roll Governor Haum dying to vote for you, So.
Speaker 9: I said yesterday on Twitter, I ip the in Charles.
Speaker 10: Because she's not going to be in much longer.
Speaker 9: She might make it to super too on March fifth, but it won't be much longer beyond that. I think it's ridiculous to say in this here Black History Month that the founders didn't intend The founders weren't considering you, Nikki, They weren't considering us. We certainly weren't considering human Like, what are we even talking about? Of course it was built on racism, Chattle slavery is a racist institution.
Speaker 3: When will politicians just simply say, we can't say America is a racist country because that's not a good electoral strategy, Like, that's really what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: If it's Congressman Clyde Burne, BP Harris, Tim Scott Nicky, none of them can say America is a racist coutry because they know that's not a good electoral crategy.
Speaker 10: Well, here's the bottom line.
Speaker 9: I think that that actually is a good electoral strategy. Really, it's always a good strategy, to tell you the truth, absolutely always, Like I think that's first and foremost. We have to get to the point where that's acceptable. Until then we're gonna be dealing stuff like.
Speaker 3: With the contact And until then, the reason they do that is because they feel it's not a good electoral.
Speaker 9: They do feel that way. Yeah, yeah, they do feel that way. So I think that's all we have time for. But we'll get to somewhere in the next hour.
Speaker 2: We're talking about next hour, Well.
Speaker 10: I want to talk about maga. Red bottoms.
Speaker 2: On your feet, Mega Rea.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you, if I buy a red bottom, it will not be a Trump's ema. Let me be very clear.
Speaker 7: If I got to spend four hundred dollars on a red bottom, it's gonna be a Luba time.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll talk that next hour and everybody else. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. It's a Friday, call us now it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 14: Jersey bro?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest that much man?
Speaker 14: You know, have through Friday you Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Just thank you, peace, peace.
Speaker 15: Just congratulate, get on your pregnancy and expect their baby girl.
Speaker 2: Now four weeks.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, congrat so for y'all too.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Thank you truly a blessing man.
Speaker 16: Someone, Thank you, guys, what you got you ever seen that?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Have a good one, brother. When the baby do.
Speaker 14: Uh April first. I don't think she's going that long, so hopefully in like three four weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, yes, that'll be girl number three for you.
Speaker 15: Right, yes, sir, girl dad, man, hey, I.
Speaker 2: Got four of my brother.
Speaker 3: Now you're thinking about all your whole ways back in the day and you're like.
Speaker 14: Damn, man, you don't get me in trouble.
Speaker 1: I have a good one.
Speaker 16: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is James James.
Speaker 2: What are you coming from.
Speaker 15: I'm coming from North Carolina. Good morning everybody but Envy. I wanted to let you know, man, remember some months back, I asked you if there was anywhere I can get those old mixtapes from the nineties. I found him on YouTube, man, I found clum and ninety two at U Charlmaine. Yes, sir, yeah, I found Dirty Harry too. Man, Yo, tell me you remember this. Next he starts out with that beat from a Biggie Small's I got a story to tell. He has that going and for the hook he uses that old song reputation. I don't care about them girls. Just yeah.
Speaker 1: He's good to me.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, and he got pot rhyming on it.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 15: That joint is I thought I would never hear that man again. When I found it, I lost my mind.
Speaker 1: Man, you in nineties and two thousand and seven? Right now, huh old man?
Speaker 15: What I forgot about that? That that nows and as he joint? How you living on your block?
Speaker 14: Mom?
Speaker 1: Design?
Speaker 15: How you living on your block?
Speaker 2: I got it right, his own wild eye days. Let him have a good time, just like I have no idea what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well I have a good one, man. Yeah, appreciate all right, brother, and saluted Dirty Harry. Dirty Harry was one of the Ellis DJs. I don't know. I don't know what Dirty Harry is doing now, but salute to the brother Dirty Harry.
Speaker 3: He got me wanting to find an old Dirty Harry mixed tape now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dirty Harry Man. Even something else?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 18: Good Morning Breakfast Club? This is Jordan the Welder. How are y'all we It's gonna turn one in two weeks, a little one.
Speaker 19: So yeah, I'm super excited.
Speaker 18: We're gonna have a birthday party for him. And I think I'm more excited for myself because I've never had a birthday party before. You life, No, I grew up a Jehovah's Witness.
Speaker 2: Oh like I did, Okay, I get.
Speaker 19: It, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So what are you doing it? How are you doing it? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Chuck e cheese?
Speaker 1: What you're doing?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 18: We rented out and events faced at a hotel.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I want you all to know Tho Jordan is really a welder. It's not like Bennie the Butcher with Benny don't cut meat. Jordan is actually a welder like in real life. That is her trade.
Speaker 2: That's what she does her.
Speaker 18: Charlotte Magne, can you post the link again for the Black Effect podcast merch? It wasn't wing for me yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll post it right now. I DM it took.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna All you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Is go to Black Effect dot com though, okay, yeah, if you go to Black Effect dot com if the merch tab is on there.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five A five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest, way up, whether you're mad or blessed. Time to get up and get something, call up now eight hundred five A five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 3: This is exactly why everybody from the Bronx needs to be searched for they walk into any facility.
Speaker 6: Good morning for my breakfast family. Good morning King. You know it's my born day weekend. I was born in seventy five around the Shalla Era. Yes, yes, bringing me to the Pokonots for the minage for my birthday weekend. But it's what stipulation he's telling me? Her girl can't make me? What should I do? Playboy? What should I pull up and not pull up? About?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 15: I'm put you.
Speaker 2: Why are you asking me an enemy person?
Speaker 8: I don't know about this?
Speaker 1: You ask love you? You're asking the wrong.
Speaker 2: People, bro asking his kings.
Speaker 6: I want your I want your opinion as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love you.
Speaker 1: Why don't why don't you call tests? Why don't you call Teslim? Figure out your work wife and see what she was saying.
Speaker 6: That's what I was gonna do, but she's not in today. I don't know if she took it off. It's she's clearing to pull up for my birthday.
Speaker 2: You know what's so crazy, though, You know it's so crazy.
Speaker 3: If your wife or your girl told you what it is, then that's what it is. If she told you she don't want you to do the other woman, you can't to the other woman. Is that simple, right, she's the manager, she's a supervisor. She put it together. She's telling you what it is. We're gonna get this minage in. But this is the stipulation. So you either want the manage or not.
Speaker 6: Bro, I gotta practice yoga, man, I got let me get my yoga.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 6: You need some lady lady, hit me up on my Instagram and give me some advice. L V E y X s h l H six yellow.
Speaker 3: If your woman allows you to get a minage and she says this is the stipulation, you gotta listen to your supervisor.
Speaker 2: Bro, it ain't hard, it ain't difficult.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up. We got just with the mess on it.
Speaker 7: Yes, we do, got just what a mess on the wait. Zeus announced his first SCRIPTO series. So yeah, LaMelo's working out here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, The Breakfast Club, Good Morning. Everybody's the j n V. Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club, Good Morning on this Friday. Now, let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 15: Robert Mood.
Speaker 1: Just don't don bring numbers on the Breakfast Club. Okay.
Speaker 7: So I've I've recently gotten to the show Love Is Blind on Netflix about so it's uh, it's people that can very much can see they are finding love and I'm on season six of it. A lot of people are reacting to the allegations about cast member Jeremy. Yesterday, it was posted that he had and he was married. Not no, he was engaged the whole time with a kid. Y'all got to get into it, you know what I'm saying this thing, but y'all gotta get into these shows.
Speaker 2: I thought to be watching that man, it's so good.
Speaker 7: A woman shared a photo of Jeremy, an unidentified woman and a little boy that may be his son. It was confirmed, but I'm gonna just get into it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: He was in the caps and said someone was engaged in living with someone when applying for this. When people asked me she got the picture, she replied from my phone claiming that the woman and the child are her daughter and grandson. So basically his original his original.
Speaker 8: Fiance.
Speaker 7: Her mom actually put this out like basically her future son in law, Like he's married to he's on the show, and he is engaged to be married.
Speaker 8: To my daughter.
Speaker 2: Maybe doing the show for money, then.
Speaker 8: That's what I said.
Speaker 7: But he had responded and said that no, this is a lie, and then this show I understand, all right, So on the show, he actually is engaged to one of the girl's her name is Laura. Okay, but these people filmed this like a year ago, like over or you know what I'm saying, Like they filmed it a year ago.
Speaker 8: He not even with the girl now, you know what I mean? Apparently he is single now.
Speaker 7: But also I think it's interesting CMZ had actually put the fact that the mother in law or the ex mother in law, she said that they had broke up. They broke things off in twenty twenty two, so this was two years ago, so he wasn't even wasn't even with the damn lady or whatever, like they broke things off and then he filmed to be with the girl Laura, and then he just responded to it, and that's what he said.
Speaker 21: One anybody that I was on dates with my castmates and in multiple interviews this topic was discussed. Nobody is surprised by this. It was something that was well documented. Unfortunately, with all of the footage that is captured, not all of it makes it.
Speaker 2: Into the final cut.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 21: I did not apply for this while I was living with anybody else. I was out living on my own and I didn't seek this out. I was actually reached out to over Instagram, but I had already been out of my own for a number of weeks at that point, and I was asked if I would like to have a discussion around it. I said, sure, why not?
Speaker 3: And I don't know, man, I think it would be better if all of them was blind. They feel like they should all be blind. No, I mean, like a bunch of blind people looking for love and they don't know what the looks. It's just based off of love, listening for love.
Speaker 7: But what's interesting is so it's a part of the show right where they they picked the person that they want to marry or whatever, they get to see them, they go on a vacation and then they go introduce each other's like families. Yeah, like no, like they go to the house, they go to each other's house, they go to their hometowns, back to their hometown. And when he took the girl Laura to the show, I mean that he was engaged to on the show, to the house, she was like, Oh, it looks so new in here, Like it looked like he just moved in.
Speaker 8: So I think like he got an airbnb, like he was running it out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So the fact that it just came out that he was engaged two years ago to somebody else, it actually looks like, okay, like you was already married. But no, he said he was single, Like so we really did nothing wrong. And the other lady, the grandmother, said that he didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's off. Off Still believe in these reality shows are real.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that's what.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: I think it might be a hardfault. Oh that oh that watched these show. When you watch these show, you have to know they're just entertainment.
Speaker 2: People into the show is just acting.
Speaker 1: People are tied into it.
Speaker 2: But I was just trying to get into business to be love it so much because they feel like they're tied into this. You got to believe it.
Speaker 1: But if they feel like it's an actor, you're not going to be tied in as much. I think you should start looking at it like it's scripted. Wow, Jeuz, that story just give me a headache. But because I played it out so much more well. I played it out so much more well in my head.
Speaker 7: But anyway, more and more reality news ZEUS Network see announced his first scripted series. Lamel shared a post on Instagram announced and the network's first scripted series.
Speaker 2: Now he's partnered up with Deon Taylor.
Speaker 7: Deon Taylor has done yeah, he's done films like The Intruder with Meghan Good and uh.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the past years it was Deon Taylor, Rock Sanne hitting Himpot.
Speaker 7: So he posted six days ago that it's he has a script his scripted series is actually greenlit, and he wants people to tax some actors, directors, writers and producers and editors and composers and he's providing a bit more detail or whatever. So he's excited to announce today their partnered and it's about to be up for Zeus.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. But this, I think this is what Lamo always wanted to do.
Speaker 2: He scripted.
Speaker 7: I think he wanted to start it off reality because that's what grabs people's attention, you know what I mean. Honestly, nobody grabs attention like reality shows like fighting and all that type of stuff. And then he wants to expand, like he's getting into sports, which he also spoke to you all about.
Speaker 8: When he was up here doing his interview.
Speaker 2: He got a sport.
Speaker 3: Now he got glowed. Gorgeous ladies are wrestling. All they do is fight on just turn that into a whole wrestling organization.
Speaker 8: Should I mean, I don't know. He could partner with what like U F C w W.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but he's actually successful and with Zeus, So congratulations on that.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be watching that.
Speaker 7: Wendy Williams Guardian fouls uh, Guardian fouls sealed lawsuit against A and E. So basically William Wendy Williams Guardian She's.
Speaker 8: No, it's not.
Speaker 20: So.
Speaker 8: He wanted to sue A and E to try to stop the the documentary from.
Speaker 1: She wanted to She wanted to do because they wanted to stop some of the things that were supposed to be on a but.
Speaker 7: It airs tomorrow. But it was the lady though I just Sabrina Morrissey. I don't know who she's a family member.
Speaker 3: Asking was all that time I didn't talked to Wendy like that, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know she was a family because it's strange that her brother's not a you know, her brother, her family, her son, that they don't oversee it, and that this lady does.
Speaker 2: So we figured that you would know who she is. God blessed Wendy Wims.
Speaker 3: I send her healing energy always that haven't had a relationship with them like that in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna ask you anybody.
Speaker 8: I hope you're in I hope.
Speaker 2: Around a lot.
Speaker 3: You was around about for three years from old six nine and then yeah, yeah, yeah, yoused to be making up stuff, cut it out whatever.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, what I found interesting and said was a video had surface the net with her in Black China. Lord is known as Angela. Right now, we can't keep calling her that lady. Don't want to be Black China no more. And she actually she had a heart to heart moment with I don't know if Wendy received it, but this was.
Speaker 2: It was it was heard for something.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I like recently been changing my life since you know, like who last spoke. You've always been like honest with me and like put me in my place, you know what I mean, and like the most motherly kind way. That's why I love you so much because even when I was going through my darkest times, like you never used that against me, you know, and I'm always being free, like straight up, you can call my phone whenever.
Speaker 8: My real name is Wendy Hunter Hunter.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm move forced. He's got no money.
Speaker 8: I love you so do I Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, that sound like Wendy and me, But I love you. It's very sad.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it makes you look at your life and say, damn, you just want people around you that you really love, regardless of what you go through, through the ups, through the downs. You want to make sure that you are okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, some things that's out of your control and there's nothing you can do about dementia, and dementia is something that impacts so many families, and this is one of the most high profile black celebrities that I can recall having dementia public out like this. Yeah, yeah, and so maybe this is happening to shine a light on dementia because demnia doesn't just impact people who have it and impacts the family and friends who loved them. But you know, so maybe maybe it will shine a light on dimension. We'll start having conversations about deminsion. It'll be support groups for people that are, you know, dealing with folks with dementia.
Speaker 1: Who knows, But I always say this, when when somebody does get old and they do get dementia, how do you know that that person would have wanted that out there like that?
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I think all I think it's garbage the way that they're exploiting Wendy through this documentary.
Speaker 1: And that's my point, Like you look at Wendy and and you see how she was without her wig going, and Wendy was fabulous, and there's certain things I just don't know if Wendy would have wanted like that, you know, I think it's very sad.
Speaker 8: I mean, it seems like she's stuck in the time.
Speaker 7: I don't think she received anything that Angela really said, all those heartfelt and although Angela meant every word of it.
Speaker 8: She just was like, you know, it's just really sad.
Speaker 2: You may go get the trash caand point.
Speaker 7: No, my grandmother has dementia and it's actually really sad. Sometimes she's in and out too. My grandmother a comedian though she still funny, so sometimes she she'd be cool.
Speaker 8: Sometimes she not.
Speaker 1: It's just you know, with your grandma does she tells the same stories over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Jokes.
Speaker 8: No, is that actually crazy?
Speaker 7: Because like my little cousin had passed away right like two weeks ago, and she called my dad to tell my dad that he passed because he left, he left her house and then he passed away, right, And then she called an hour later to tell my dad again.
Speaker 2: And my dad is like, you just told me, Like then you call an hour later, yeah, and then another hour?
Speaker 8: How many times did he die? You know what I'm saying. But it's like like she.
Speaker 7: Is like right, but in our family, like we we can laugh about it. Cause she laughed about it and then she you know, she got ways that she handled it.
Speaker 3: But like, but your dad got to have a little bit more patience too, because you knows she got dementia.
Speaker 1: But at first you don't because it's a little annoying at first, and then you got to get used to it because why is it annoying? But imagine how annoying it is to have dementia. But no, you don't, you don't think about it. You just honestly, it's the first time tapping. Yeah, So you start calling and.
Speaker 7: My grandmother is away because she'd be like, well, you know what's going on. Sometimes I'm in, sometimes I'm out. Don't be all right, whatever I can tell you he died eight times.
Speaker 2: It don't matter. You're gonna agree with me all eight times.
Speaker 8: Don't don't care. But that's just how it is. We just have a different way of receiving it.
Speaker 1: And that's just with the mess in the morning sickness. Shut up man, all right. When we come back, Angela Ra will be joining us for front page News. It don't move. It's to breakfast club, Good morning Wake. You're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: I know French Montana joining us this album and he got he got Mac and Cheese five out and I do like this record, but I don't want to hear this at seven in the morning.
Speaker 19: Bro.
Speaker 2: No, And you've been angry all day for no.
Speaker 10: Like why I'm mad hearing him?
Speaker 8: Why are you shooting at us?
Speaker 1: Morning? Everybody, we all the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: Morning, miss rum Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 9: Okay, So since we already angry about it, let's just keep it going. The Alabama Senate is busy doubling down in America's racism with the introduction of an anti diversity equity and Inclusion.
Speaker 10: Bill earlier this week.
Speaker 9: This bill, well, actually, let's listen to this local news report from WVTM thirteen.
Speaker 10: I got that right, Eddie. Let's roll that sound.
Speaker 2: Seven to three. The bill receives a favorable report. Thank you to sponsor, Thank you. Committing where returned.
Speaker 23: Republican Senator Will Barfoot wrote Senate Bill one twenty nine. He says it will prohibit public entities from promoting diversity, equity and inclusion programs that he says also relate to divisive concepts.
Speaker 11: Nothing in this Act prohibits or prevents students, faculty, organization, or associations from hosting DEI programs or discussions that may involve divisive concepts, so long as no state fundure.
Speaker 23: You mayor Randall woodfin didn't hold back, asking state lawmakers why would they block fair representation and opportunities for all people. He says he'd help MI athletes and their parents find schools outside the state that prioritize diversity and inclusion if the bill passes, adding, if supporting inclusion becomes illegal in this state, hell, you might as well stand in front of the school door like Governor Wallace.
Speaker 9: Okay, so here's the thing that what they call a divisive concept. Let me just give you an example that slavery and racism are aligned with the founding principles of the United States. That's one of the divisive concepts that would ban you from getting any funding for DEI related programs. Randall Wood Fan, of course, is the Birmingham mayor, and him weighing in on this and saying that he would urge athletes to go to other states despite being a lifelong Bama fan, I think speaks volumes. It is the very thing my dad has spent his lifetime talking about. If our athletes would go to other schools because they don't respect us, how you gonna do DEI on the football team, but not in any other educational principle anyway. I think that is a thing, and hopefully other Southern mayors will take notes and protest in the same way. Of course, it has passed. It was just introduced this week, but they're doing this all over the country. We can move right along to Leonard's favorite, the Maga red bottoms.
Speaker 10: Donald Trump after he got this, Oh, you're gonna get too bad. That's what we're doing this morning. You're going to march your way to destroying democracy. That's interesting, let's wrong this down.
Speaker 2: I was on social media last night.
Speaker 20: Very interesting as you see black support eroding from Joe Biden. This is connecting with Black America because they love sneakers. They're into sneakers, they love the you know, this is a big deal, certainly in the inner city. So when you have Trump roll out his sneaker line, they're like, wait a minute, this is cool. He's reaching them on a levels that defies and is above politics. The culture always trumps politics, and Trump understands culture like no politician I've ever seen.
Speaker 24: Question for you on that point, though, Well, the people that are excited about the sneakers and excited about Donald Trump, will that translated into them going out and voting for Donald Trump?
Speaker 20: Anybody willing to put four hundred bucks down for a pair of sneakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's commitment to the love. There's a lot of nuanced to hear them, because he is right.
Speaker 3: If you do go out there and you buy Trump sneakers with one hundred dollars, you probably all go vo Trump.
Speaker 10: Yeah you're committed, And meanwhile, you're dumb mass.
Speaker 2: I'm just joking. Well can't you can't joke now.
Speaker 10: Be very clear.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like on the record, are you going to buy a pair of Trump sneakers? He introduced, It.
Speaker 2: Depends what the resale guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Buying for four hundreds.
Speaker 1: But that's the truth. I mean, you're sitting here joking. Butch and I will do that.
Speaker 3: They will buy it for four hundred. Just are people though sneakers coming?
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about I'll be talking about here the culture, like the guy just saying about Coachure, Yes, we would buy that for four hundred. Flip there was some resale values trade.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Anybody thinking about no politics, they come to that.
Speaker 10: No, that's a you know, I'm just telling y'all.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's still this Fridge Montana song. But I'm real angry right now with the direction conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm about the du to y'all business.
Speaker 9: Hold on, we're talking about this man has introduced the sneaker a sneaker con and Philly last week.
Speaker 10: He's getting met with Booze.
Speaker 9: Met with Booze though, and he also is doing this right on the other side of getting slapped with the verdicts in this state.
Speaker 2: Yes, but listen, you said he got met with booths but then the sneakers sold out. You know what I'm saying. Thousand four thousand.
Speaker 9: Allegedly, this is Donald Trump's This is the same man that the reason why he got here with the lawsuit here is because he added an illegal evaluation.
Speaker 2: On his problem with you. I understand all of that, Okay, So.
Speaker 10: I just want to be clear, y'all buy any sneakers.
Speaker 2: Depends what the recess A game?
Speaker 10: It's not a game.
Speaker 9: A game TV Sunday saying that this was the end of democracy.
Speaker 2: Sneakers.
Speaker 9: If this dude can overcome this verdict by pain for with the money of the poor people who he's built this campaign on.
Speaker 2: Angela's seventy plus million people voted for him.
Speaker 9: He's I understand that, but he also is going to continue to get support if we play about what this is.
Speaker 10: It's very serious. Is on TV talking about this is the way to reach us.
Speaker 9: The way to reach us in terms of our votes and democracy and moving this country forward is not through bino damn sneaker.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: And it's not by getting on Arsennor Hall and playing the saxophone. Easy.
Speaker 10: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: It's not about you know, congress wearing can't take off and taking a knee either. But I'm just saying they all do corner stuff.
Speaker 10: This is not just corny. This is dangerous.
Speaker 9: You posted a clip this morning about the guy with the Trump the Trump supporter at Seapax, saying we're destroying democracy.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, So listen, this is what I want us to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, Instead of just getting upset and getting emotional, sometimes you should listen to these people.
Speaker 10: Have played that song.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you should listen to these people.
Speaker 3: Because I will say I do agree with him in regards to Trump having a better handle on culture, and and that's just because of how society is shifted. Donald Trump is a celebrity. He's been a pop culture icon since the eighties. Now that politics is pop culture. Trump is killing Biden from an entertainment perspective. So in this era, culture does trump politics. Democrats need to tap into culture a lot more.
Speaker 9: I agree with tapping in the culture, but I think we have to start distinguishing culture from an a fascination with rich And by the way, this man is broke because he's also not proper life.
Speaker 2: I don't think if they got nothing to do with rich.
Speaker 9: I think it has everything to do with that Black people, white people, everybody in between aspire to have something they don't. There's a book that was written back in the day called What's the Matter with Kansas. The very premise is that you are voting your dream and not your reality. I think that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get that Poeticians sell so many dreams, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: I think that's selling season.
Speaker 9: But he's not just selling the dreams of a politician. He's also selling like, oh if you yeah, sneakers and you can be like me, you can be rich like me. And that's all an illusion.
Speaker 3: Also want to say black support isn't just the roading from the Democratic Party it's eroding from politics period.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 3: People think people think, just because Joe Biden might be losing support a month amongst black support, that people are going over the Trump.
Speaker 10: No, that's not I agree, They're not going over people.
Speaker 2: Just people are just disgusted with the whole political process. I agree with period.
Speaker 8: I'm just going to say, I really love you. I love this banter.
Speaker 7: I love that you call him out on plan because now I don't really know a lot about politics.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna say I just like, go go go angel.
Speaker 2: Damn boy, regular.
Speaker 8: No, I love this.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 9: This is how our phone calls starts. We have a French Montana. We got a lot of shout outs in front page.
Speaker 2: But for the record, okay, nobody is buying Trump sneakers in this room. But if you can buy it for front hundred and go, get your money, get your money, Go, get your money.
Speaker 10: You know what you sitting.
Speaker 2: If they signed, they're going for four thousand.
Speaker 10: You guys, I want to tell you right now.
Speaker 2: Need the money. We need food on you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm not visiting them.
Speaker 10: Y'all slip around here and be off.
Speaker 2: Don't have nothing to do with being rich. That's good listening to you for four hundred and sell them for four thousand.
Speaker 9: But they're saying, if you are, you're gonna put the cast do do, dude.
Speaker 2: It is home there the retail value.
Speaker 1: I looked at Bay now they're going for two thousand back come on, man, so forty p last week and the ones that.
Speaker 9: Were signing on now you guys this week really left really right all right, direction sneakers, way to go, guys.
Speaker 2: Direction Jesus January six, seventeen seventy two thousand.
Speaker 10: Yob, I'm good time for good right right right, Yes.
Speaker 1: When we come back, friend Montana will be joining us. Is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Breakfast Club, Morning everybody. It's d J M v Jess hilarious, Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: We got a special guest in the building, rich dirty Bronx, rich dirty.
Speaker 1: French. You know where that in show came from?
Speaker 2: N You know who called me that?
Speaker 20: Right?
Speaker 2: We were in a heart even in Vegas, and I was like, your French.
Speaker 1: He was a I was like, damn, I'm proud of you. Was a dirty bronx dang. But I was so proud of him because I didn't see friends come up from the slums, like you know, people talk about where they came from and and the things that they did.
Speaker 2: But French used to be in.
Speaker 1: The Dirty BX clubs, in the dirty Brooklyn clubs and the Dirty Queen's clubs, making the DJs play his music, and he was never that was French. That's where you would see French. I'm like, damn, you came a long way too, right, belfore that Max.
Speaker 25: Was never ignorant getting goals accomplished. Right, It's like Coke Boy's creation of kings everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh you already got to prepare when you are they never need to use this.
Speaker 1: And that's one of my favorite joints in the album, which is the intro. It's called Dirty Bronx. You and you kind of talk about everything where you came from. Everybody talking that oh see see yeah, yeah, you talk about everybody. People comparing you the chins and and Max with wave and all that. So I think that's that's one of the dopest joints on the boat. Why Max and Cheese five and what took so damn long?
Speaker 2: French?
Speaker 25: I felt like, you know, I needed I needed to get everything out the way. Then go back to the mixtape vibes. I feel like the game, I always try to go where the where the puck is going out, where the pucket is act, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like the game needs mixtapes. I feel like we lost a lot of you know, It's like that feeling is not there no more, Like like albums is dope. Everybody's getting used to it. I feel like the mixsafe games, just like I want to hear the Wayne mix Safes. I want to hear Whiskalief for Dropped Orange, you know what I'm saying. And you know, I just want to get back to that vibe and I want to lead the wave with the mixtapes. I like how you set the tone with Dirty Bronx.
Speaker 3: Why did you feel the need to confront like all the negativity that's been directed towards.
Speaker 2: You, Because I wanted to get that out the way so we can focus on the music. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 25: It's like, you know, it's like I learned from from from Eminem you know, the tactics he used. I learned from you know, Jay when he did four four four, And I learned from you know, I'm like a student of the game. So it's like, you know, this is this is me interviewing myself on my own album just in case, you know, cause you got your fans, but then you also got your haters that listen to your music. So the hater's going to head theirselfs in there and your fans gonna be right there. And I told you so, it's like, that's the kind of vibe I was going with, you know.
Speaker 8: But it ended on five because we do need more mixtapes. Why are you ending it on five man?
Speaker 25: Because I just wanted to give them my awe and just leave it right there. Yeah, it just starts something new.
Speaker 2: But you never know. You know, jay Z made the Black album and he backed out and you know, so it's like you never know. So this is a retirement album series. At the end of the series series, what do you do to make all your money? French Ship, Yeah, it's hustle. Hustled for a long time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we know the Dirty bronbody. By the way, that was the beauty of Dirty Bronx. Because you put a lot of things in perspective. I think I knew that you were the most screamed African born ar Yeah, but I didn't know you had told that many records.
Speaker 25: Yeah, a million, yeah, like like like one hundred million between minds and all the features that I was. Yeah, I mean you figure like Unforgettable Alan, it's like thirteen million. That's just like that's like by itself. So but I mean, man, I've been on some big record. My catalog was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you say on album you say, people think it's just your features. Yeah, with you the main feature, Yeah, because you know.
Speaker 25: You still look at them all the way ups and you look at like, you know what I'm saying, like the loyal Chris Brown and all those like you know that was part of some big features and and and you know, like the catalog is bare, and I still ain't selling you.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about selling that, just buying like this building across the street from you. How much you think your catalog were.
Speaker 25: I don't know if I always felt like, you know, if somebody's trying to buy something from you, then guess you know then how much money they.
Speaker 2: Gonna make and buy buying that to take a loss. So you know, I always looked at it like that at one time.
Speaker 1: Well, if you know French, you know when French goes out and he knows you, he's going to invite you to his party, right, That's who French is as a person. Like if y'all smoking, y'all smoking together, y'all drinking, you're gonna take care of You're gonna make sure you're good. Then there was one time where you just stopped right because you said you had to get back healthy. Stop drinking, you stop smoking. Are you still in that that phase and the more drinking and smoking off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 25: You know, you know when you sit across from like a billionaire or something, you know, as soon as you take that sip of liquor take that weed, like you're already richer than him, you know what I'm saying. So I just had to focus up. We lost a lot of money and made a lot of bad business deals with you know, might might have overslept and lost a bag, might have did this. I did that, you know, and I got a chance to make some generational wealth and change generations down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I was like, you know, let me just focus up and not leave no bags on the table.
Speaker 1: Do you have a fear for I know a lot of artists say that sometimes they feel like that drug or that alcohol puts them in the right zone where you have a fear for that Damn, if I don't drink like I used to, or I don't smoke, that I might not be in the same zone as I was and making popad or you ain't worried about nothing, or you know some of those other records.
Speaker 25: Man, I've been popping perks for like ten years, you know what I'm saying, Oxy's perks, drinking this twenty years. It got to the point where I wasn't getting drunk or high anymore. Right Like now I'm higher than I was when I was taking the drugs. It's just like my body just like you know, it's like in a shock. But I feel like making music is a passion, is love. It had nothing to do with drugs, you know what I'm saying. It was just the drugs kept the negative around me. You know what I'm saying, like the people I lost people when I stopped doing drugs, I didn't lose the passion.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Because you know, when you drink and you take drugs. Let you know what I'm saying. You let the devil in you let you know what I mean, Like I was inviting.
Speaker 25: Everybody and everybody wasn't inviting me. You know what I'm saying that everybody had motives, and some of them had the negative. I mean, I don't mind helping people that have motives, you know what I'm saying. That's that's that's how we get our blessings. But there's people that have motives that have negative motives towards you. I have anybody to have a positive motive towards me. So I feel like I was letting the negative and the positive, and that's why things started happening.
Speaker 3: And this now, what about your passion for sleeping with rappers wives? That's inviting the devil two French huh? Come on, you say on the album, come on, you know what that's but that's where hand came from. In the club and they be like, you know, people try to do business deals in the middle of the club. They're like, so, so, so let me tell you the story about that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 25: Me and Drake was first working on the record another Sniper, Yeah, working on the record. The first line he said he was like on double MG, a rapper's wife he was like, we should start off like that.
Speaker 2: Then I just took it and I just ran with it and I just made the first line that. But what they got to do with doing it in real life?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 17: Huh?
Speaker 2: What I got to do it life? No, honestly, I never did. I know nobody Okay, okay, no rapper wire Okay, so just rap rap cat Oh yeah this rap okay, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we got more with French Montana when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club, good Morning. Yeah, we're still kicking it with Breex's own French Montana, DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarry, Charlamagne to God, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: You're also on Dirty Brunch. You talk about buying your block, but you said that Nipsey. The Nipsey situation made you made you pause. Yeah, can you elaborate on it.
Speaker 25: I feel like watching that video with nip was like one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. All he was trying to do is just shy to change his neighborhood and just bring some some some great things back and try to buy his block. And I feel like watching that scared me away from trying to do the same thing. Look what happened to chinks? Chanks got shot in Queens, you know what I'm saying, Look what happened, you know, to a lot of people that don't have a name.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, a lot of full soldier.
Speaker 25: So I was just like, you know what, why come back and do that when I'm just seeing everybody around me just fall into it?
Speaker 2: Damn So how did you overcome that? Or have you overcome that?
Speaker 25: That went the calabassas. I'm still not but I'm still but I still come back. But it just you know, at the end of the day, it's just you know, it always comes, you know, they always come from the inside, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you just gotta be careful how you you know, how you let people get, you know, get in contact with your touch. You can't be just easily touched.
Speaker 25: Easily get in contact with easily, so anybody could pull up on you to do anything to you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You gotta be able to be like a hawk on top of the mountain. Just watch your prey.
Speaker 25: Whenever you want something, you just go handle your business and dip. I feel like that's like advice for anybody that that's making real money. I got a lot of jealousy that come from where we come from.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 25: It should never be a situation where somebody can go to the to the block and see you at a store, this and that.
Speaker 2: When you do you know some people Jay Z said, no, caters just want to kill you with a name. But even moving to calab Badgies, I mean, Pop got got in caling. No, no, you're not getting through this security. I lived next door to Chris Jenna, the next door to cross street from j Lo Becase Will Smith down the block, his kids walking up like you're not gonna get through. They know about that.
Speaker 25: But at the end of the day, Pop had no security. Pop had a gun on him. Pop had the wrong people around him. I was supposed to meet up a Pop that night. He had a party at his spread. Yeah, we was supposed to meet up. I went to the strip club and after the strip club, we were supposed to go to his house. Because he sent everybody to address for the party. You know what I'm saying. He had and he had put that post up a couple of hours before. You know, he had no security.
Speaker 2: And even when I first went to LA when you go to the Hills, it's like they don't have no no gated communities. It's just like the fences like the size of your hip. Let me just jump right over them, you know. So he was supposed to have a party that night. That night, he was supposed to have a party. Oh so that's why people had the addy. It wasn't just that everybody was saying it was a post on this. Yeah, he would sending addies to us, me and everybody else that was there. But got you, got you? Yeah, he had posted the Mary package that was sent to him. Yikes. Yeah, say they got that record? So what happened with Drake on a because I know you and Drake made a lot of music he said on this project.
Speaker 25: Yeah, we did, but we got the documentary coming out in June and he executive producer, and so we're just gonna push the records back to them.
Speaker 2: Did he have to choose?
Speaker 3: Because it felt like and I'm just looking in the Maga cheese in a way, it felt like I'm like the Kanye EPs.
Speaker 2: He just on a few records.
Speaker 25: No, I mean me and Kanye was locked in for like a month, okay, he had he had rented out the hotel for like a month, and we knocked out a bunch of bunch of records. And the sound is we were doing like two different sounds. When I was coming in, we was doing the sample vibe, that whole like you know, him producing, and like the whole graduation sound. But then the news sound he got, now it was something that he was working on. So I was like, you know what, Bro, I'm gonna just take these records and I'm just put them on Mac and Cheese five because MC and Cheese five got a certain sound.
Speaker 2: Even bryceon Taylor. He sent me like this this afro b vibe. I was like, yo, Bro, send me that grimy one. He sent me one. It was just like a certain sound was going forth for Maac and she's five.
Speaker 8: What was it like working with today's version of Kanye Man?
Speaker 25: I mean, when they come to music, I don't I don't feel like you get too many versions from him.
Speaker 2: You just get the music, you know.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I don't feel like you get too many versions from him. I just I feel like he's He's what entertainment is he? I mean, I feel like being so unpredictable is like as entertaining, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When it cost you billions of dollars.
Speaker 25: Yeah, we spoke about it on the song too, like yeah, I mean, but man, he said, he said, I lost eight billions to get the chains off my.
Speaker 3: Neck, only to try to put him back on, only only to apologize and say, I'll give.
Speaker 2: You all.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't gonna lie. Kanye's going back and she's five webside. Gun is hard.
Speaker 1: That's hard. That's hard.
Speaker 3: You also spoke on the Dirty Bronx record about how New York DJ's never used to play your music and you had to go down South to get your recognition.
Speaker 5: I talked about that like that exactly what he said, exactly, had to go down there to get popping, chopping down.
Speaker 2: You all wasn't playing this music.
Speaker 3: Always say, if you think about the last few people from New York that became big time, New York wasn't really supporting them like that.
Speaker 2: And not Nikki, not the eighth a model you I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe Cardi because it was a little day supported and they supported I mean, they supported Cardi after they saw so many artists making without them.
Speaker 2: They was like, you know what, we gotta pick a side right now. Fifty fifty is another one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah?
Speaker 2: Why is that envy? Why don't New York DJs? Why weren't y'all supporting y'all.
Speaker 1: Loan to French? I supported.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 25: I had like the whole Cocaine City era. Then I had my whole Max B era. Then I had then I went down South May, chopping down. Then I was like like scorching hot. Then I then I was like, you know what, New York can't show me no love? Let me go down southe Then I made I made Shot Caller after Max we got locked up because I was so much black ball because everybody turned it back on me because Max B was just tearing everybody ass up, And after he got locked up, he just left me with the black ball. I was just like, So I just locked in with Harry Fraud and we made Shot Caller. It's like I got put into a corner and it was like, yo, is he not gonna fight through this with music? Or I'm just gonna just be like you know what used to remember that kid? He used to make save some maxim so.
Speaker 2: Was just like, you know but it took me ten years, like oh two, I dropped the first Cocaine City to oh nine.
Speaker 3: That's when I got signed bea. People didn't think you serious is a rapper. They remember you was the DVD guy.
Speaker 2: At first at first, but but the DVDs.
Speaker 25: You know, there was a time when Envy had an artist rec cafe. It was a time would Clue have fab. It was a time where where Greenland had coconine. So so nobody was letting nobody rap. So this one guy named Smack came out with the most brilliant IDA ever bringing all the rap and he was putting Shay Davis on it.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 25: I was like, yo, I know all the drug dealers, I know all the rappers. Let me make Cocaine City DVD and I'm put myself in the middle. How you put Shay Davis? People didn't know I was on making Cocaine City DVD. People throw somebody else making it, and they was putting me in it. So by the time the fifth volume came, Acon called to sign me. You know what I'm saying, because they didn't even know I was the DVD guy.
Speaker 3: Was this and that?
Speaker 25: So, but the whole object, the whole time was for me to be a rap star, you know what I'm saying. So I was making the money. We would make Cocaine City DVD would make thirty thirty thousand copies five dollars apiece. You'd make it about quarter million and a half a million dollars. And promoting myself. Wow, people was paying Smack fifty thousand dollars to get on Smack DVD every time. I was making three hundred thousand dollars to five hundred thousand every volume, and I was pulling myself on it. By time the fifth volume came, it was just like so I was always ahead of myself, like you know, I mean, like from the beginning.
Speaker 2: So half a million dollars a DVD, but you know, you put it.
Speaker 25: Right back into it, you know what I'm saying. So he was always invested, investing for the big picture. So by the time Akon signed me that when he gave you the fake watch, oh Man shot Acon, the second watch is fake too. I ain't gonna do that, Acon, But you know, we had a shopping deal. Then after that, the shopping deal didn't work because he had Lady Gaga this and that whatever, whatever, didn't worked, but you know, I appreciate Acon just for the for the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Then after that, that's when I got with Max B and this and that. But that's but that's what it was. That was Max doing it is because I know there was rumors that he was coming out last year.
Speaker 25: Yeah, he just put coming home on his page. So we're all weighing, Well, yeah, we're all weighing.
Speaker 2: How do you introduce Max B back to this era of hip hop? He is this era of hip hop? He is the most one of the most viral. Max B like the wave guy, Like, nah, that's a silver surfer. He like coming back then he was he was virabl off YouTube. We would just sit there and watch YouTube and just go just go have So it's like it's the same thing. It's just YouTube and in the app. I want to know what house Diddy? Have you spoke to Diddy? How did he doing? Because I know you and you signed a Diddy at one time. Yeah, I spoke. I spoke to him in New Year's I spoke to him in New York, checked on him. He's doing great.
Speaker 1: Warning everybody, it's dj n V Jess hilarious, charlamage, the guy. We're still kicking it with French Montana. His album is out today. Mac and Cheese five Charlamae.
Speaker 3: You embraced a lot of young artists from the Bronx too. You got got shot shout of them on this project.
Speaker 25: Yeah, shot shot the d things, shot the Kenzoshi in the back. They're both from the Bronx. I got, I got forty one. They're from Brooklyn forty one yep, Yeah, they're on the album forty one. Jim Carter too, Yeah yeah, Jim cardy ye, Yeah, they're from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What makes you want to embrace the young generation like that? Man? I always looked at myself like the bridge to the music game.
Speaker 25: I felt like I could always tap in with with the Kanye's you know what I'm saying, the J's or whatever it is, and it's still tap back in with it with the pop smokes, the shmurders and do this, do this and that.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was always like the bridge in between. And how do you deal with all this now? Because you've seen everything? I mean, you didn't see shootouts, you didn't see death, you didn't see so.
Speaker 1: Much because if you've been there, but you also do know, as part of your music is being there, Yeah, and being able to write that and wrap that and all that.
Speaker 25: You know, you know what I'm saying, You're gonna You're gonna do that. But but sometimes you get caught up too much in that, man, you know what I'm saying, especially if you come home from jail.
Speaker 2: You want to live the life, you want to do this, do that. I mean, it's just when when when things happen to people, they never expected to happen. That's why it happened.
Speaker 3: Man, when things happen to people, you never expected it to happen. That's why it happened.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 25: Chains would have never wanted to that hookah spot four am in the morning, man in the morning by himself, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, he has security.
Speaker 1: He has security.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had security with him and everything. Well, you got shot.
Speaker 25: It was in the car, so I mean he got shot six times in the car. He has he has security with him and everything. It was four in the morning, leaving a hookah spot, chasing the joint on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know what I mean, Like he didn't expect that to happen. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So what's up when when you think about all of the violence that you've seen, were you afraid to sign drill rappers?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We was drilled before drill.
Speaker 3: Because everybody was saying that there was a period it felt like labels were about to back.
Speaker 25: We heard drill music before drill music. Me and Max b we had people the whole in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So you don't think drill is a sound, It's just a it's a lifestyle style energy. Yeah, Chicago is like that. So what what is drill? D think? What is drill? Right now? How drill is like anybody do it?
Speaker 8: Like you could just come from college and just had a whole good life and just drill rap. Now, just do that now. It wasn't like that for me when I was coming.
Speaker 2: For me had to really do it.
Speaker 3: But that's the problem though, you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of rap, like you saw Pat Joe say, ninety five percent of his lyrics were live, not this new generation.
Speaker 2: He started drilling. Bro that's bad.
Speaker 8: We can't I really live. I really was rapping what I really loved.
Speaker 1: So what's next for y'all, what's next? What's next for the artists? Because I know usually you do compilation and you you coke boy.
Speaker 2: Go boys seven he got he just drives like two singles. Do a video to you to.
Speaker 25: No he moving like came to my crebit love it. Yeah, came to my creb in l A. I go to sleep, I wake up in the morning, I hear all this noise.
Speaker 2: I'm like happing. Just called the camera guy was shooting the video. It was eight in the morning.
Speaker 1: French was still one of those guys. They caught me at six o'clock in the morning about records in your records and your records every every couple of weeks, three weeks, four weeks, French is gonna hit me and he always say, you did your number change?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, my number. That's how you've had longevity reference. Yeah, yeah, consistent.
Speaker 3: But they still got you under the microscope though, friends, because didn't they didn't they search your p J.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, hell yeah. I mean but it was like the whole Cooked Boys things.
Speaker 1: They probably googled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know it was in calias, like the capital little cocaine.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't have no reason. They just no, they didn't have no reason, and you couldn't do nothing nothing about God Damn. I just see the dogs walking up and I'm like it was going on. You thought it was funny, Yeah, because I have that.
Speaker 21: Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't get enough credit for the community service you do. I mean just around the world. Yeah, you donated five hundred canoes.
Speaker 25: Yeah, the Coco is crazy. It's like the city is under the waters. It's like I've never been nowhere.
Speaker 2: It's like that.
Speaker 25: It's like you take your canoe from like from like the bridge side, and you like you stay on the canoe for like a half an hour. Then you just approach the city that's all underwater, like nah, it's crazy. Like yeah, like half of the half of the cribs under the water. Then like the only like the two floors up and people just nah. The living was crazy. When I went there, I think like three hundred thousand people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how I got like that, but it's one of them wonders of the world.
Speaker 8: She said, was it a flood of stuff?
Speaker 2: I'm trying. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 25: I don't know the history, but it was just a blessing to see that, the blessing to see that I can help the same thing with your gun that we went and opened up a hospital over there. Same thing with Morocco we went quick relief on. Yeah for that for Morocco, same thing for the Bronx opened up school program. I mean, whenever we get a chance to get we always gonna get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't true that you said that J Cole was supposed to executive produce my first album. Yeah. J Cole heard my first album in Miami.
Speaker 25: We was all in Trina House and I was playing for him and he was like, yo, bro let me executive produce it. Then we was on tour with Club Paradise, so with Drake, so we all just jumped on tour. But honestly, part of me was like, Yo, I'm gonna let him just put his name on it. But if I'm gonna do an album with J Cole, I'm gonna want Jay Cole to do with me from the beginning, so I could benefit from the J Cole experience, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. I come to him with the album already done, like y'all just slap your name on it.
Speaker 3: We think you have better chemistry with Cold and Drake. I feel like Drake for something like y'all like stay for one and two, y'all go back and forth.
Speaker 2: Drake, Drake my twin man, that's that's my bro.
Speaker 25: Me and him definitely got better, better chemistry, just just because you know, when Drake first came and people didn't really know who he was. He came and you know, the New York and this and that, and we met up and again in Miami when I was doing Ross album. We did State Scheming and Drake first heard it when Ross played it for him and he was like, Yo, I heard the whole album. I want to do this joint, you know what I'm saying, And just like we're building out from pop Dad to you know, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I felt like like it was it was more natural. That's crazy, that's too Drake's best versus. Yeah, definitely it was. It was it was moments. You know what I'm saying. It was moments that was crazy. Who's math more Cardashians. You a drink, Jesus, Christ, Jesus, you want to get into what I mean? Since we got drill in the building, let's go to that forty one, so well, we appreciate you for joining us. Man, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Mac and cheese five. Make sure you get it. It's out today.
Speaker 2: It's New York in the building.
Speaker 1: Everybody, it's d J n V. Just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get I'm only I'm only having conversations with French Montagna and d Thing and Kens will be after after five o'clock.
Speaker 2: From after five he sounds like young and may Kens I mean not kensel Ding.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I like it. It's the cool vibe that shouldn't be an insult.
Speaker 1: You sound just like well, let's get toes with the met.
Speaker 2: Rober miw just don't do is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, nor Money shared the cover art and the name of her long awaited debut album.
Speaker 8: She revealed the name of her album.
Speaker 7: It's called Dopamine, but she didn't share the release date or anything like that. Now we know no Money from Fifth Harmony, but since she left the group, she's been only doing like features and things like that, you know, singles, but she's never dropped the album. So this is really really big for her. Fans have been awaiting this. But what it's sad is while she was working on an album, both of her parents were diagnosed with cancer. Her mom had yeah, her mom had her second battle with cancer while she was recording the album, and right after her mom was like going through treatment. After our mom finished treatment, in twenty twenty one, her father got diagnosed with cancer. So it was you got to imagine, like, in the middle of creating a body of work like that, your first album that your fans are longing for, you know. She just wanted to be with her parents at the time. So at one point she was like, no, f all list, this is bigger than the music. It's bigger than what I'm trying to accomplish.
Speaker 8: This is life or death.
Speaker 7: I wanted to be there for them, and it's all she wanted to do was be there for them. And then she said, honestly, music is what got them through the cancer treatments. Like her parents really loves music. And she remember being on FaceTime with her mom while she was undergoing chemo and asking her, you know, how's the music going, how's the music coming. And as hard as it was for me not to be with them as much as I wanted to. Ultimately pushing pushing through me, the circumstances of the last few years feel a light, feel a bit lighter for my parents. So that's why she puts so much into the album, you know, just trying to because she don't want to make She don't want to put on no bs, you know what I mean? And seeing how like she felt that the music was hailing for her parents because they they they were still aware and very very much pushing her to.
Speaker 8: Do her thing while they were going through what they were going through.
Speaker 7: So I'm happy about her album, but all prayers up for her parents and just imagine how she's going through.
Speaker 8: She just wants to be there for them too.
Speaker 7: That's hard, yeah, parime, while you're in the middle of creating your very first album.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: On another note, Orlando Brown shares who he made love with. A video surfaced online of Orlando Brown listing people in the industry who we made love with with got audio.
Speaker 2: When it was girl, So.
Speaker 1: We make love with.
Speaker 2: Out here?
Speaker 1: Know you you Mash, I never smashed all you made love to Drake Caroliams Terrece Howard Usher. Usher's disgussion and.
Speaker 2: Why you don't even know hoes?
Speaker 1: My dad said, his daddest your dad, Lucifer.
Speaker 2: So again I just felt like this man should God bless that young man. Stand the mealing energy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely there was, there was some more, some more the lists when it was a girl, I didn't smash it again. So how you made love? We made just made love with.
Speaker 8: The main God.
Speaker 2: Man want to build a wall around you niggas so bad?
Speaker 7: I was wondering, like I heard him saying before before he said, and sometimes I understand the white man a lot man, y'all, didn't you?
Speaker 2: And the times I get why he do things? Did he do?
Speaker 18: Y'all?
Speaker 8: Y'all was getting it in like y'all was making love.
Speaker 2: Segregation concept that was executed.
Speaker 7: But a lot of fans weren't happy with the videos, saying that people who recorded it and posted it isn't solid and that you know, the people around him, they need to look out for him instead of like, you know, exploiting them like this. And you know, you know Orlando is not rapped, so you know something is not something ain't clicking.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're absolutely right, and what makes it messed up? You can't if you're one of those people that he named. You probably want to sue him for defamation, but you know, you.
Speaker 7: Know it's not yeah, like you can't even take it like as serious, you know, and he only listed men, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, only and you like, come on, y' what do I identify? You tell us.
Speaker 1: Jason is a lot on.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 7: Anyway, JT and Solange link up in Italy. Solange recently took JT out for girls' night out in Italy.
Speaker 2: Listen, this is like, this is amazing.
Speaker 8: I posted it. I mean I didn't post it.
Speaker 2: JT posted it. She said date night.
Speaker 7: Solo took me to a symphony in Italy. I feel like a rich black Disney princess. They went to see an Italian symphony. Now, I ain't gonna lie. I've probably have been bored out of my mind, but just experiencing a new like something new, sheer rap girly.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. I'm saying that she don't do nice things, but like this, they look like they had fun.
Speaker 7: Like it sparked and the moment sparked conversation about black excellence in the celebration of black luxury, and they both just look so amazing and just cool. Like I said, symphonies. I don't know, but JT looked good and and Solange look good. This is this is is good seeing another side of JT or just getting to explore different experiences.
Speaker 8: So I thought this was really nice.
Speaker 2: Thought it was killed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was very very nice. Yeah, but that's it, all right?
Speaker 2: Well that is yes with the message now, Yes, sir, we are giving that donkey shut up.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: What I don't know what you and Orlando Brown got going on. I'm not judging you. You sed to my brother, bro. He said what he said, may Love, I'm.
Speaker 15: Not that man.
Speaker 2: That man is not That man is clearly something off. Don't make fun of that man. I'm not all right.
Speaker 3: All right, we need a Fox News punted Raymond at Rayo to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We like to have a world in place, all right.
Speaker 1: Well we'll get to that next and then we're gonna have a conversation about Donald Trump and the sneakers. Yes, Angela Rai Charlamayn argued out in this hall for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 15: We do.
Speaker 1: She's upset, that's all we do. They threw me into it. I tried to get out. No, but we'll talk about that when we come back as well. Dogg in the days on the way wake, if you're liked into the Breakfast Club, this is a miracle.
Speaker 24: There is no question that there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 21: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 2: Now the new developments in the deadly spawshooting Rampa man. Yes, it was a really bad day for him and this.
Speaker 10: Is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: White supremacist violence is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. The breakfast club bitches, all right.
Speaker 10: Sherenny, please tell me why was I your Donkey.
Speaker 20: Of the day.
Speaker 3: Donkey to Day for Friday, February twenty third goes to the Fox News pundit Raymond Arryo I think it's pronounced last name. Raymond was on Fox's big weekend show and they were suggesting that black voters were now abandoned the Democratic Party or have been abandoning the Democratic Party and President Joe Biden because the former president Donald Trump is now selling sneakers let's listen.
Speaker 2: I was on social media last night.
Speaker 20: Very interesting as you see black support eroding from Joe Biden. This is connecting with Black America because they love sneakers. They're into sneakers, they love you know, there's a big deal, certainly in the inner city. So when you have Trump roll out his sneaker line, they're like, wait a minute, this is cool. He's reaching them on a levels that defies and is above politics. The culture always trumps politics, and Trump understands culture like no politician I've ever seen.
Speaker 24: Question for you on that point, though, Well, the people that are excited about the sneakers and excited about Donald Trump, will that translate into them going out and voting for Donald Trump?
Speaker 20: Anybody willing to put four hundred bucks down for a pair of sneakers? Yeah, I think that's commitment and love.
Speaker 2: We are a very unserious country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we shouldn't be unseerious at a time like this when democracy is on the line. But we also need to be learning from who you consider to be opposition. There is some things Raymond said that I agree with, meaning Trump understands culture better than any politician currently. Not Black culture, though entertainment culture and we live in an arasat work. Culture does trump politics, by the way, maybe it always has. I remember Bill Clinton going on our senior Hall back in the day and playing the saxophone. Y'all started calling Bill Clinton the first black president after that. Okay, remember members of Congress in twenty twenty when they was wearing kintate cloth and.
Speaker 2: Taking a knee.
Speaker 3: You know, I will say I also agree with him in regarding that Trump having a better handle on culture, and that's also just because of how society has shifted. Never forget, Donald Trump's a celebrity. Okay, He's been a pop coach icon since the eighties, and now that politics is pop culture. Trump is just killing Biden from an entertainment perspective. You know, I just mentioned Bill Clinton playing the saxon our senio Congress nay wore to kN take clock.
Speaker 2: It took a knee.
Speaker 3: Hillary came on Breakfast Club talking about hot sauce, and Beyonce had formation out.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 3: But Raymond Areo is getting donkey of the day because, just like so many other people in politics on.
Speaker 2: Both sides, they just think black people are simple.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why folks believe Black people don't want tangible things change for their vote.
Speaker 2: You know what that tangible thing is? Money? People want upward mobility.
Speaker 3: Black folks aren't leaving the Democratic Party because they're supporting Trump.
Speaker 2: I mean, some might be, but most Black people I know, they just fed up with politics period.
Speaker 1: They don't want it.
Speaker 3: They won't be one over because Biden is doing the latest TikTok challenge. They won't be one over because Kamala Harris is reciting rap lyrics. They won't be one over because Trump is selling sneak because they will be one over when you offer them something that will provide them upward mobility.
Speaker 2: In this country, it's simple, Okay.
Speaker 3: People calling for reparations because it's old, but also because it's something that will provide financial relief. People get excited over student loan debt being wiped out because it's something that provides financial relief. People get excited over affordable healthcare because it's a hordible. It's something that provides financial relief. Everything revolves around money, upward mobility. Okay, why do you think people love the stimulus checks? The PPP money money, money, That's what all Americans care about. But I'm telling you that's what black people want. Start offering black people actual tangible things. Okay, I speak to black people, and they want the government to do more to confront white supremacy. Black people want you to do something to protect voting rights. Black people want police reform. Black people want, you know, more student that relief. Great job, you know that the Biden administration has done on that so far. And once again, black people want money. It's really that simple. It's not rocket science here. So that's what Raymond is completely off thinking. All it takes is a sneaker to get black people to come out and vote. Now, let's just talk business for a second. How much you say them sneakers was reselling for him.
Speaker 2: Two thousand without a signature, up to eight thousand with a Trump.
Speaker 1: Signature on it, and they cost three nine nine outs.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a flip. Okay, that's a hell of a flip.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: People still hustle this baby.
Speaker 3: Don't think just because you see someone buying these sneakers that they automatically support Trump. Now, if you are a Trump lover and you went out and bought the sneakers, yeah, nine times out of ten, you're probably gonna vote for them. Some people just buying these sneakers to resell, okay, some folks just trying to eat because this country doesn't provide upward mobility for us.
Speaker 2: So I got to go out here and get it on my own.
Speaker 3: Now, the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee is here, the good brother Max. I don't know why he just isn't already sitting in the room.
Speaker 2: It takes him.
Speaker 3: Takes him twenty seconds to walk two feet. Good morning, Good morning Mac. He Now talk to me, Mac. What's your perspective on this. You had a perspective.
Speaker 5: Yeah, See, here's the thing. I think it's all about right idea, wrong execution, you know what I'm saying. Like, I get what they were trying to do with the sneakers, but they did it like if somebody just you know, got b ET plus for the first week and they're like, oh, I see sneakers.
Speaker 2: And all this this is what black people want.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's other things that you could offer us that will kind of sway our votesal what you.
Speaker 2: Think outside of.
Speaker 1: Go to hell?
Speaker 5: Outside of reparations. Clearly that that's easy. But my suggestion is politicians give us a break from RNT. Give us a month off, maybe February Black History Month, you know what I mean. It's less days anyway, so we're paying for all the days anyway, we're getting CHEAPD anyway, We're playing regular price for the same amount of D.
Speaker 14: Like that.
Speaker 2: And by the way, that's something that revolves around financial relief.
Speaker 5: Continue, absolutely give us a four pack of Beyonce tickets with one Rihanna album. If we could get four, and it don't have to be the country tour, it could be her next one whatever she does after that. But some four Renaissance tickets and hust a Rihanna album.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. I might vote for her. That's whoever it is. That's good resale value to though.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Once again, it's something that revolves around money, right.
Speaker 5: Okay, give us another season of Lovecraft Country if somebody can make that happen.
Speaker 1: Somebody don't know.
Speaker 2: If you were passed by. Okay, this is not what I wanted. What I want I thought you had. I thought you had real Could you stop?
Speaker 3: Please get Raymond Rio the biggest sea hull Jesus Christ. I thought you had real tangents. This is a serious time. So you do the and that's what would make you vote for truck?
Speaker 5: If they let Chris Brown perform at the super Bowl, I will vote for whoever make that happen.
Speaker 2: Man by immediately, Man on.
Speaker 1: The floor, Man fat, got my vote.
Speaker 2: Let's have a serious question, have a serious conversation.
Speaker 3: Open up the phone lines right now, angels, And she's never playing with me.
Speaker 2: There's not too many people who keep their foot they put my ask the way she does. It's always like the US put other things in your ask. So what's the question?
Speaker 1: Eight one, five one?
Speaker 10: Who's the last?
Speaker 2: You got to open it up a little more, open up the phone line.
Speaker 3: We know that black people are not stupid enough to vote for somebody because they put out a good sneaker.
Speaker 2: That's not a good sneaker. Sneaker is not dope. It's an ugly sneaker. But I say good because it's hot. I means selling good. Yeah, okay, all right, you know what I mean. So what's the what do we want?
Speaker 1: Are we asking what would made people vote for him? That is that what you say? Because that's what in general?
Speaker 9: Okay, you're asking for a black agenda this Friday morning on record.
Speaker 3: Why not so what you come out because clearly these people don't know if they're on Fox News saying things like, hey, you know they would vote for this man for a pair of sneakers. Open up the fall and let's let people hear exactly what black people are really interesting.
Speaker 2: Talking about. It's real tangibles.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's have the compis eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What are some tangible things? Some things that you want? That's what we're asking to want, real issues. I shout out to my dad, Dad, I'm not going to buy the Trump se because I was joking. I swear dad. My dad just hit me like, better not come to this house. No goddamn Trump speakers.
Speaker 8: That's the real culture. That's culture there.
Speaker 7: You better not grown ass man with a family and he's telling you you better not come in with thokers in the goddamn trust.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Did Yna have the business conversation or did you tell them what they're going for?
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club, the breakfast club. It's topic time.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Morning, everybody it's d J M v J. Just Silaris Charlomagne, the guy we are the breakfast club. Angelara is here. She still has her foot in Charlemagne's ass.
Speaker 2: As you're wearing them. But the insurrectionis.
Speaker 10: Information. Listen to this bot.
Speaker 1: Just joining us. We're asking what do you want? What's on your agenda? What will make you happy? What will make you want to get out there and vote? That is the question this morning.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Angela Rai. The Angela is a real political expert, real political pundit.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 3: She's the host of the Native Lamp podcast on the recent Choice Media iHeart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 2: So you have impact strategy. Everybody knows your resume.
Speaker 9: I don't know if everybody does. They don't have to, yes, but also shout out to my co host Andrew and Tiffany Ourt. Episodes dropped every Thursday at today am. You will be an expert, Jess, you said you were. You weren't out a political ster.
Speaker 2: You will be after you you put your glass off.
Speaker 10: This to just they're cute.
Speaker 20: I like. So.
Speaker 9: I think that the main thing that we talk about often as a people is there was a time that black people gathered all the time to talk about political agendas. It was before emancipation, and after emancipation, those conversations, those convenience became a lot more sparingly. One of the biggest ones that we had was in nineteen seventy two and Gary, Indiana, the National Black Political Convention. And what I will say that it's sad is if you look at those agenda items today, a lot of that still hasn't been accomplished.
Speaker 8: And it should be.
Speaker 10: We're talking about affordable housing.
Speaker 9: A McKinsey report just came out recently that talked about we still can't afford to live, not just buy houses, just rent is too high.
Speaker 10: Remember the guy that came out it was like, the rent is the same thing.
Speaker 2: I just want the record to show that's financial. It's something.
Speaker 3: Anything that can cause financial relief, create financial relief for people is what folks want.
Speaker 10: I think that's a part of it. Of course.
Speaker 9: Ayana Pressley, Congressman Iana Presley just introduced reintroduced her her federal jobs guarantee. People want jobs money. I agree, people want student debt relief money. The Supreme Court took out Joe Biden's plan to have a comprehensive student debt really plan there also want access to education.
Speaker 10: Money, well that's a part of it, but or equal access to education.
Speaker 9: Affirmative action policy which was just overturned by the Supreme Court. Voting rights people want to be able to go and cast a ballot, you know, police brutality, can we please stop dying? Criminal justice reform you talk all the time, which I think is actually a really really smart idea around weed. If there's anybody incarcerated on a federal charge for weed, you know, for using, for selling, they should be released.
Speaker 2: And Joe Body can do that with the scroggle a pin.
Speaker 10: That is actually true. That is true. But there are a lot of things he needs Congress to do.
Speaker 9: And meanwhile they're trying to investigate him on trumped up, no pun intended charges around a bribe that didn't even exist, that came from an FBI informant who said he got all of his jacked up intelligence from Russia. Surprise, surprise. So anyway, all of that to say, there are a number of things that we want. The main thing that black folks want, I think.
Speaker 10: Is relief, the ability. It's not just financial Leonard, if that's okay.
Speaker 9: About majority of the revolver on money, sure, but I don't think that we should limit our existence, our desire to survive and to have relieve in this country to financial that's pol Yes, yes, let's not minimize our needs, but let's not minimize our ass to just financial which are important.
Speaker 2: We should.
Speaker 10: We need to be catching up. We got four hundred year, they got forty years.
Speaker 2: I think the first thing is money, though, because it is.
Speaker 1: I look at a lot of people, especially a lot of black people, that work all their lives, and then they get to age where they can't work anymore, they can't afford it. And then you know, you got a lot of people that look at a lot of these these politicians and these rich businessmen, and you look at the amount of taxes that they pay. Yeah, and you're saying, these guys make hundreds of millions of dollars and they pay no taxes at all. And here you have somebody who who's who makes fifty thousand a year, forty thousand a year, and it's taking twenty thirty percent of their money and that doesn't make sense, and they can't tell you where that money's going to.
Speaker 2: I think the first is always money.
Speaker 3: Mobility man that's why people have these conversations about reparation student that really affordable healthcare, affordable rent, affordable education is I guarantee you if you polled not even just black people, just millions of people across the country.
Speaker 2: That's probably the number one thing.
Speaker 9: It always is they I think that there was a there was a slogan back in the day, I think the nineties when Democrats are and I can't remember who the pundit was and said it, but it was it was the economy stupid was the line it and it always it is. It is a driver right to the pole to you know, to motivation. Like we have to figure out how to reach people. The main thing is if you continue to shut people out, they're not going to want to participate. We have to figure out a way to get people engaged. But to like pretend and playing people's faces about Donald Trump like he's not an existential threat is a big, big problem. This is the same man who called for the death penalty of the Central Park five. It's the same man who was a birther in chief around Barack Obama.
Speaker 10: He is racist.
Speaker 9: He said that the that the the three attorneys who were coming after him Fannie Willis Tis, James Alvin Bragg were racists for coming after him. This man traffics in this This is not a game at all.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything wrong with speaking that truth to power what you did. But what I would tell Democrats is you have to energize the people who are either planning to stay home in November, because you're not going to change the mind of these Trump was You're not going to change the minding these people who going out Dan buying you three hundred and ninety nine dollars sleep Like even even that fear of it's not fear monger, because it's absolutely true everything that you just said. But even trying to instill fearing people to say Trump is this boogey man, which which he is.
Speaker 2: He's a real threat democracy.
Speaker 3: Continuing to do that ain't even gonna motivate people because they lived through Trump already.
Speaker 2: And guess what some of us lived.
Speaker 5: But sometimes it's just bulljobs is just what's right though, Like when you watched all those brothers that die when Obama was in office, right, Besides, I think one you.
Speaker 1: Never heard Obama say that's not right, Joe Biden, that's not true.
Speaker 2: You heard it.
Speaker 1: It was one time he said, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Martin?
Speaker 3: And when he spoke about for a manual A and me? When when Dylan when Dylan that devil, Dylan Roof killed all these beautiful.
Speaker 1: But it's not all the amount of brothers and sisters that die all the time. You just sometimes you just want to hear the president be LIKEY know that ship that sh she ain't right, No politics intended, just humanity, like that's not what Treyvon.
Speaker 3: He handled it very well. He said, have you said Trayvon could have been my son? Have you heard Joe Biden said tray.
Speaker 9: Was only when I remember saying Joe Biden during the campaign. The most notable one was George Floyd. He did he didn't have a choice, like the whole country has my choice.
Speaker 2: But it didn't seem like it came from a place of caring. It came from the place that I have to do it.
Speaker 9: Here's the question, can you accept that it might be our role to push people into righteousness.
Speaker 10: Politicians aren't supposed to be our friends.
Speaker 9: They're supposed to they're supposed to legislate, they're supposed to sometimes sign things with the struggle a pin in an executive action, executive order. We need to be responsible for pushing people into righteous.
Speaker 2: Kamala was my push.
Speaker 1: Kamala was the sister that I wanted to go in office to be that that person, that black person that represents us and says she is out pushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is why black.
Speaker 3: People are fed up because we have pushed, and there's been so many different times we thought there was going to be real change.
Speaker 2: One of them told us it was changed.
Speaker 9: You can believe it, but listen, you guys, I think the thing that you have to remember is actually things have changed. I know they have changed, and they're going to because they have changed and there and we're also going backwards because folks have seen progress and that that's why you will see a bill like what we talked about it in Alabama earlier. The anti diversity, Equity and Inclusion d EI is a new concept since George Floyd's murder.
Speaker 10: It used to be dn I. Those things have changed.
Speaker 9: When we started pushing for equity, the Republican Party started pushing in the opposite direction. I'm not putting racism at the feet of just Republican Party, but they are its mascot, right now.
Speaker 2: Poverty the country, the rich, the greedy, that's really the issue.
Speaker 1: But let's say let's take some pocus, a lot of people on the line, let's take some calls. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: You good, Jess, Yeah, she got her glasses.
Speaker 1: She has had glasses on. She's listening. We'll take your calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast Lean If y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning. Everybody is dj n V, jes Sellari is Charlamagne to God, Angela Rah is here. We're having a conversation of what do you want? What should we be asking for? And we got a lot of people on the line. We got Q on the line, Q, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing all right.
Speaker 14: I agree with Charlomagne, were with the money because you don't want to give us reparations, and it's the issue. I believe we shouldn't have to pay federal state practices out of our check.
Speaker 2: I agree with that whole heartedly.
Speaker 15: Let us let us.
Speaker 14: Get our money back to where we could be financially stable and show up some fight for financial literacy, for our uh, for our thoughts and our dollars.
Speaker 3: Now I do I have an idea where I feel like, you know, certain people should get some type of economic uh you know, stimulus package, some type of economic.
Speaker 8: Or a tax credit.
Speaker 3: But I think if you make over a certain amount of money, you shouldn't have to pay no federalistic tax like that would help tremendously, Like if you already are in a certain tax bracket, right, if they took away our taxes, that would help us tremendously. And are we could say, hey, even if you want us to donate a certain amount of our salaries, let us pick the costs.
Speaker 2: Let us pick where I would have problem doing that at all. Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is Keiky Hey key, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts? Ky?
Speaker 1: What's your ma?
Speaker 19: My thoughts are well? I worked part time with the election board. I did it since I was sixteen, and this year I find it extremely hard to talk to people in my age I'm twenty six, to try to tell them talking points of who to vote for and why. I think a lot of people now they just tired of the lies that the politician give us, and we just want to change.
Speaker 2: Really, So what do you feel? What are they what are they saying? What do you feel from? Are they voting? Are they staying home or well.
Speaker 19: Charlamagne, they really not voting their fame. I'm not doing it. It's a waste of time. I'm right here from the eight four to three low country age and it's really hard. It's really hard at this point. They don't they don't want to vote.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm trying to tell vout. Just black people aren't supporting Democrats. Don't mean they supporting Republicans either.
Speaker 2: They just like the effort. I'm fed up. I'm over it.
Speaker 9: Well, shout out Takiki for volunteers since she was sixteen. I think that's tremendous.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Hellove, who's this Hi?
Speaker 19: This is Tish from Houston, Texas.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, talk to us, Tish. So right now, if I can act them for anything, it would definitely ordable home loan.
Speaker 2: That's all I want, affordable home loans.
Speaker 1: Money. Yeah, the rates, the rates have shot through the roof, which which is crazy. And the sad part about it is, you know, if you purchase a house. Let's say your house is one hundred thousand dollars. With those interest rates, it is so damn high and it makes it very difficult for people to even try to buy.
Speaker 6: And also, if we.
Speaker 1: Could have some funding for barriers, financial barriers, you will be able to afford a home loan as well.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Thank you, mama. Hello, who's that financial relief man?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this prety, this preedy. Hey, what's up? Brother?
Speaker 1: Talk to us? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Listen, we need Trump back in office as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: A stop watch this?
Speaker 26: Why?
Speaker 17: Why?
Speaker 25: Man?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I'm looking forward to stimulus checks?
Speaker 2: Many?
Speaker 10: Hold on, hold on? Okay. Did you get a stimulus check under Joe Biden?
Speaker 15: No, we did not.
Speaker 6: I ain't get a little similar check under Joe.
Speaker 2: Biden's You did?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 3: You didn't put his name on it because they're not good marketing. They stuck at messaging Democrats.
Speaker 2: You got it. And you know what else?
Speaker 10: Did you know that you were going to get a second stimulus check under Joe Biden? But the Republican Congress didn't pass it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Now you see they ain't even telling Lord, I'm thinking that Trump is doing.
Speaker 2: Everything that because they're better at messaging in marketing.
Speaker 9: But we're not pumping up Donald Trump here. He didn't pay for this advertisement. So what we will tell you is you did get a second stimulus check.
Speaker 2: No a third.
Speaker 10: No, he got a second.
Speaker 2: Trump gave him two under Trump. All right, Well, what's the mail of the story, ladies.
Speaker 3: J the marl of the story. It's all about that almighty dollar. I keep trying to explain this to y'all. I don't care if you're a Democrat or Republican. If you're not talking about upward mobility, people are not going to listen. They're not gonna hear you. That's the only thing that's going to motivate people to get off the couch.
Speaker 9: And they survive. If you cannot survive, your upper mobility doesn't matter. So it needs to be both a dying Now.
Speaker 3: They're not surviving now. They barely got food on the table, barely got to roof over the head. How do you tell people that's already living in hell.
Speaker 2: That it can get worse?
Speaker 8: They can?
Speaker 2: They Let me just watch.
Speaker 10: Literally, the rights are being rolled back every day.
Speaker 2: Don't believe me. They feel like they don't have those anyway.
Speaker 9: I understand what you feel like. Your feeling is about to get a lot worse. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong, I know, but once again you still didn't ask the question, how do you tell people already living in hell that things can get worse.
Speaker 2: You can't just say chure can get hotter. They'll say that you come living here for less, trade lives for a week.
Speaker 10: I understand, and I'm down to do that and have done that, and have done that, and have done that.
Speaker 9: And what I'm saying is it can get worse, and it is getting worse in states all over the country, particularly in the South, where they want to hurt and harm black people and they don't have the benefit of representation of people who look like them and think like that.
Speaker 10: It can and will get worse.
Speaker 2: You're right, but the people are already in hell.
Speaker 10: I understand it can get hotter.
Speaker 2: Angela joining us today.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, and make sure you listen to podcast on Reason Choice Media iHeartRadio. New episodes come out every Thursday with Angela, Raie, Tiffany Crossed, Andrew Gillam. Follow at Angela Rye on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you in personal, to meet you.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 8: Absolutely everything.
Speaker 2: Every dady. Don't believe in the police reform, you know that.
Speaker 10: All I know is I wish you would you playing with me?
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, when we come back, we have past the os But now let's the breakfast Cloak the morning, the breakfast Club owing everybody in, Steve, j Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamane, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for past the oaks. Yeah, DJ, not like AKA. I'm from Atlanta. Now, I got my glasses on a k and talk to.
Speaker 2: Me my glasses on.
Speaker 10: Just got glasses on today.
Speaker 3: I ruined her Atlanta last weekend. Yeah, I didn't tell you. No worry about it when you're not walking in no more? You know what?
Speaker 2: We need her back, Damn, we need a back. Know she's loving Atlanta too much. Damn. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Why you don't want me hang out with Usher, Brian, Michael Cox and Nellie And I'm like, damn, d MS in your comment, I don't want to see now.
Speaker 2: I want to see you.
Speaker 10: I've been here ten years, you know that from intern I started working here before I.
Speaker 2: Could even be here ten years.
Speaker 26: Yes, I had powerful powers. I've been here seven years, a long time.
Speaker 2: She just rounded it up.
Speaker 10: I think, I'm I think I've done enough.
Speaker 2: What was of a color purple just now.
Speaker 10: In this building for sure, But that's neither here nor there. Let's be positive.
Speaker 26: On a positive note, last night, Time Magazine had an amazing event in Midtown.
Speaker 10: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: She had a dresses I put on hills.
Speaker 10: Come on, I'm not that I'm not that much of a tomboy.
Speaker 26: But yeah, so Time Magazine event they honored, and they honored a bunch of women who are pretty much closing the wealth gap. So shout out to my guy Trafford inviting me. But it was just really dope and inspiring to be in a room for the woman getting to the bag. And you guys also want to know a fun fact, like eight percent of the women in the room who are being honored all our entrepreneurs based out of Atlanta. Like, I don't know what there was something about women thriving out there.
Speaker 10: It's crazy, I don't know. Okay, just a little funny.
Speaker 2: Tell you than records please, Okay, this is.
Speaker 10: Actually from Jersey. This is just drop the new record called Saturn.
Speaker 2: Take Snooze out and put that in. We don't have to play Snooze hundred times every hour.
Speaker 8: Okay, Love is a record. That vibe is crazy.
Speaker 2: She really can't do no wrong.
Speaker 3: That's I had so much. My wife loves, my daughter loves is like this is always playing in our house. No, no here, that's all a million times weet.
Speaker 26: That's a rotation now all right. Next we got Ray Vaughan and Push your Tea with problem.
Speaker 2: Shot the Push.
Speaker 1: I seen Push last week too, so salute to push it. He was in Virginia. His young boys are doing this, they do this R and B show, so he just came to show love and support. I thought that was dope, so to push to Push.
Speaker 10: And I like seeing the OG's work with the new rappers, so spitting game in the record tough all right?
Speaker 26: And then lastly, I actually played this for you last week, just on the side, but the Stally and KD.
Speaker 10: Record, and I was like, yo, Kad actually did all right for like a baller.
Speaker 2: This is Maryland bias.
Speaker 10: This is not Maryland bidens, get into it. It's scared money.
Speaker 8: I'm playing this right after Saturday.
Speaker 2: Vibe. How do you not anything.
Speaker 8: Katie is Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like this.
Speaker 8: I like the last week she played it. It's a vibe.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't bad. He sounds like somebody, but I cannot remember who. Like his whole cadence and his voice and everything is right.
Speaker 2: There on my right.
Speaker 10: There is it West Coast.
Speaker 2: It's definitely the East Coast rap.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the electronic a little bit, sounds like sounds like the electronic listening like electronic.
Speaker 2: That sounds like that's fair where you're flowing the cadence and everything in this tone of.
Speaker 10: Boy, it sounds like he's not trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a jumps out. He does sound whoa load's god damn low screams out in the back.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's not how you sound.
Speaker 3: I've meant smooth, efforless match game. I just want you to shut the hell up, while you while you when you're in here too. I just wanted to tell you that, but never mind.
Speaker 10: All right, we got a playlist. If you guys like the tunes, make sure you guys tap in.
Speaker 26: Follow me on Instagram at Nilo simone n y l A s y m O n E E e make sure you guys follow me on YouTube and subscribe to my podcast We need to Talk.
Speaker 8: Make sure you like it.
Speaker 10: Give me five stars. I dropped new episodes.
Speaker 13: Twice a week.
Speaker 2: And what is the next thirty five Vibe Live?
Speaker 26: Next urt of five Vibe Live is March fifteenth. It's around International Women's Day, but it's Women's history months. We have all women lineups.
Speaker 3: Oh now, I'm always proud of you. Yeah, thank you, but I will at No, you're building a wall around Atlanta.
Speaker 10: For what did you say to them?
Speaker 2: I said, she's says she's a migrant and she's here. She just wanted to your resources.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, all right, thank you. When we come back to the People's choice makes you throw back on a Friday to breakfast leveme morning wake if you're like to enter the breakfast club more than everybody is j n V Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. We got a special guests in the building who never stops working. So Rochie, Hi, Hi, how are you feeling?
Speaker 13: Good to see you all? Good to be here, good to.
Speaker 17: Be here, just hanging absolutely Yeah, and congratulations, mama. This is super super super dope, it's unfortunate. You gotta do it with these two. Absolutely, if there's ever anything you need as far as help and getting them in line, I can't help.
Speaker 13: Years and I still can't.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, Roxy, you in a new movie Dutch two. I am you play lesbian gangster.
Speaker 2: Lesbian. You know, I thought just was.
Speaker 10: Gonna call the lesbians he could.
Speaker 13: We couldn't wait. You could not wait to put it out there. Gosh, yes I do.
Speaker 2: I wasn't playing that role because you're not a lesbian.
Speaker 13: I'm not a lesbian.
Speaker 17: But shout out to the whole lgbt Q, you know, plus community and all my friends that are.
Speaker 13: It was really really different.
Speaker 17: I mean, of course, because you know, but at the same time, we all know what it is to be in love, and we all know what it is to want love and need love. So regardless of who it is on the opposite side, it's it's easy to tap into that that feeling of wanting to be loved.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great perspective because it's not like you got to do anything physically. You just got to tap into the emotion.
Speaker 2: She got Roman.
Speaker 17: Out of jail, not that I've ever just got out of jail before in my career, all my life. But I would assume the first thing you're gonna want to do is, you know, feel loved, absolutely, and that's what Angel wanted. Angel wanted to feel loved as soon expeditiously. In the words of t I, she wanted to feel some love and she she linked up with her girlfriend, Goldilocks by the Kia Anderson.
Speaker 13: She's an amazing girl too. Yeah, so yeah, it was super fun.
Speaker 8: The first Dutch movie came out twenty twenty one. Yeah, do we have to watch the firs? Would you have to watch the first one to understand the second one?
Speaker 13: You don't.
Speaker 17: But if you're a fan of Terry Woods's books and what she created with the Dutch trilogy, which is what I really feel the fan base and the audience that loves from this series, you're gonna be surprised. But you do not have to watch the first one to understand. But I would say watch it because Lance Gross. Lance Gross is you know, a friend, and he's amazing and what they do. And but this is Angel's story and she's getting revenge for Dutch, you know, and it's what she goes through and her journey and it's it's dope because it's a female led cast.
Speaker 13: I'm at the rains. This is my first time ever.
Speaker 17: Starring in a role being up there number two on the call sheet because Dutch is number one on the call sheet. So but it was a really really really dope experience. And shout out to Manny who we all know, Manny Haley for many you know, for creating these experiences to put us on the screen.
Speaker 13: So it's really dope.
Speaker 2: How does your hosting background help you with the acting?
Speaker 13: The hurry up and wait, man.
Speaker 17: The hurry up and wait, the hurry up and wait, the patience, the professionalism of how to act on the set. You know, you just already know what those moving parts are. But as far as acting goes, it's it's yin and yang. It's you know, acting is really raw emotion and where you're pulling these things in from experiences like Angel is a very dark She has a very dark history and past from being you know, sexually molested from her father at a very very young age and always being betrayed and taken advantage of by men, and so she has this hatred for men that is like, okay, Roxy, where do you some things of my past I don't want to revisit, but I had to revisit for this role. And then there was some things that's like where do you tap in to get this energy and this anger? And then you find things you know as life were already up there. So there's so many experiences that we've had that you could find like a substitution or something to help you get into the role.
Speaker 8: And the character.
Speaker 3: How would you describe how respect influences Angel's actions throughout the film, because it seems like she's seeking respect.
Speaker 13: That's all she wants, That's all she wants.
Speaker 17: She she not only she thrives off of respects, but I think she also gets a high off it almost like an addiction. It's not even like it's like if you cross, if you cross Angel anything by any means necessary, it's like you out. It's almost like the Godfather, It's like, well he's gotta go, you know, Like she's ruthless.
Speaker 13: She is completely, completely ruthless.
Speaker 17: And what I what I enjoyed doing was playing something that is completely opposite.
Speaker 1: Of who I am. Yeah, who I am.
Speaker 17: It's like, I mean, you know me, I don't think I don't think you guys could have a picture of me like just blasting off of gun and.
Speaker 2: Like shooting up, shooting up a corner. Like it's not roxy, you know, did you have to learn how to shoot?
Speaker 17: I mean already knew how to shoot. Okay, register gun on us. So I was like, I wish them would at my house, so you gotta do that. It was a single woman, you gotta do that. So yeah, no, I knew how to That was actually the funnest part on the set because uh, that was the part that shocked some of the prop guys. They were like, okay, put your hand like this, make like yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So it was fun.
Speaker 13: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: What about respect as far as like in your real life, have you ever felt like you had to demand respect in this business?
Speaker 13: I think all the time. I think all the time.
Speaker 17: I think I still fight for it even today, even being you know, on a platform like Good Morning America and GM A three shout out to my family over there.
Speaker 13: But you know, we still as a culture.
Speaker 17: Still fight for respect in those big rooms and in those big meetings because people don't think to take us seriously when we are driving force in this economy and we are driving force to a lot of decisions that are made politically. You know, it's just it's amazing how we still don't get the level of respect in those boardrooms, just like how Jay Z says, you keep on fighting, you keep on showing up until they call you CEO, until they call you the boss, until you you know, and then to call upon you for decision making things, you know, until they.
Speaker 13: Are scared of you, when it's an election season and.
Speaker 17: They're calling you a threat. You know, it's like those kinds of things that it's like you have to demand respect. So yeah, me personally, Roxy, I mean, in my journalistic career and my hosting career, I'm always fighting to be like what I'm like.
Speaker 13: Tyree's what more do you want for me?
Speaker 21: Like?
Speaker 10: What more do you want me to do?
Speaker 17: Like honestly, there's like there's nothing else that I have I should have to do, but you know, you always have to still tap dance.
Speaker 2: I feel like, y'all, I feel like you one just because you still.
Speaker 13: Here rather than Okay, I got bills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how do you how were you doing all that? Of course you're doing the hosting stuff, you're doing the acting, and then you're back in school. Yeah, you went back to your HBCU.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Booe State University. First of all, you guys, we always use the tour of the HBCU route and it was always the most fun going to HBCU campuses, me specifically going to Booie State. They have an amazing communications department. I connected with them, I vibed with them. It was always a goal for me to go back and be a college graduate, for my family, for my lineage.
Speaker 1: Most people don't know when in the middle school you got a job off from Boston and you said, I'm out, I'm out.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And it was actually Russ par shout out to Russ Park that told me that, you know, you could. You're gonna starve, You're gonna You're gonna have pizza and Ramen noodles every single day. He's like, but you can't always start in a top ten market, Roxy, you can always go back to school. And so that launched my radio career, which which is where you and I knew each other for so many years. And if it wasn't for radio, and I think people don't people and have more of a respect for radio now, especially because of the culture shift than what you guys have created what the Elvis Durants has created with like you know, the legends have even Russ Parr and Steve Harvey's everybody Russ Parr.
Speaker 13: At the end of the day, you got to give the man the respect.
Speaker 17: What they've created is that people forget that radio is really the basic foundation of what television and live television is. If you can be in a box and pretend to talk to a bunch of people that you can't see and be that creative, then you can do that on camera if your face is friendly for camera.
Speaker 1: Well, Roxy, you appreciate you for joining us for the time, guys Angels Revenge b E T Plus appreciate you, Rocky and Roxy.
Speaker 2: All Good morning America, Right.
Speaker 13: Yep, GMA GM A three and yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, Breakfast Fog, Good morning morning. Everybody's dj n V, Jess, Larry Chelamaine, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month. What we doing today?
Speaker 2: Man Sluth to my guy be Dot.
Speaker 3: You know, be Dot is the host of a podcast called that I Didn't Know Maybe you didn't need the podcast on the Black Effect.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio podcast Network.
Speaker 3: And today he's gonna talk to us about one of the wealthiest, richest kings in history that you probably never heard.
Speaker 2: Of on today's episode. If I didn't know, maybe you didn't.
Speaker 20: Either.
Speaker 16: Story goes he was so rich and he loved one of his wives so much that he had or a swimming pool built in the middle of the desert Mansa Moosa.
Speaker 2: Now, usually I share Black.
Speaker 16: History that's intrigued me, from the Transatlantic slave trade to the Civil rights movement, But whenever I'm talking about wealth, there's one name that always comes up. So I had to look him up, Mansa Moosa. Now he lived in the thirteen hundreds. That's seven hundred years ago. That's thirteen hundred CE the common error. You remember when all we had was AD and BC. To be quite honest, my brain can't really fathom CE, BCAD. All them letters just made me think of the PD and then that kick in my PTSD and now I need a b C. But if I can believe in the Old Testament and Noah building an art and getting tool every animal and Jonah being eating by well, I can damn sure believe in Manson Musa. I mean, he's too heavily documented. Manson Musa of Mali, not the narcotic the kingdom in Africa.
Speaker 1: He ruled Mally.
Speaker 16: From thirteen twelve to thirteen thirty seven, twenty five years now. They came to power when the previous king had dipped off with a large fleet of ships. They wanted to go explore the Atlantic Ocean and explore they did, but they never returned. Molly was already wealthy, but Manson Moosa's worked with expanding trade made Molly the wealthiest kingdom in Africa. They got their riches from minding salt and gold deposits in Mali, and elephant ivory was a major source of wealth. He was an African man of Muslim faith. But I'm gonna tell you what's disappointed. That is no movie on Manson Musa's pilgrimage in thirteen twenty four CE like he legit shut the continent down.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four, a.
Speaker 16: Caravan of about sixty thousand some people all left the capital of Mala headed to the Holy City of Mecca.
Speaker 2: It were four thousand miles away.
Speaker 16: That's further than walking from North Carolina to California. Now, until this pilgrimage, the kingdom of Maali was relatively unknown outside of West Africa. The a Rab writers at the time said that he traveled with an entourage of tens of thousands of people and dozens of camels, each carrying three hundred pounds of gold. Three hundred pounds of gold is like nine million dollars.
Speaker 2: This man had.
Speaker 16: Dozens of camels, all carrying nine million dollars in gold.
Speaker 2: They said he got to Cairo and met with the Sultan of Egypt and.
Speaker 16: His squad spent and gave away so much gold that the overall value of gold decreased in Egypt for the next twelve years. After he returned from Mecca, that's when he began to revitalize the cities in his own kingdom by building mosque and large public buildings. That was tim Buck two that became a major Islamic university city during the fourteenth century due to his developments and then the reputation of the Molly Kingdom grew. Man Samusa died in thirteen thirty seven, and he's arguably the richest king that ever lived. In today's money. They said he was worth about four hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh the wife.
Speaker 16: He had four wives, and they said one was his favorite because she was the most beautiful, but she came to miss her nightly swims in the Niger so Man Samosa had her swimming pool built in the middle of the Sahara desert.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 1: No, I will salute to be that.
Speaker 2: That's right. To make sure you subscribed. I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 3: On the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network were you can also find other great podcasts like jess Hilarious, Carefully Reckless with new episode dropping every Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Thank you, and it was also a Pick of the month.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know that.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start another podcast just called Morning Sickness.
Speaker 8: You shave you take up things that make me sick in the morning. You can do that.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning you guys.
Speaker 1: Be safe. We'll see you guys on Monday.
Speaker 17: And that's that.
Speaker 1: This is the Breakfast Club on Power one on five one Homer Angie Martinez, where we use next Breakfast Club pitches you gonna finish for y'all.
Speaker 8: Dump