Speaker 1: Today versus He's been begging and begging and begging, and we finally let him in on it.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Jeffrey, it's so thirsty, but fine, we'll let you play with us today versus back in the day.
Speaker 3: I get paid extra to be here.
Speaker 4: Make it worth I know that's not true.
Speaker 5: This is your favorite part of our entire show.
Speaker 3: Totally. I listened to it every single.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on the weekend.
Speaker 6: You would know the weekends too, the weeks and the weekends, I like, we listen to these over and over again.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you're welcome, thank you, thank you for.
Speaker 3: The gift here.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: And this week this is the game where we put the generations against each other. This week, Alexis will be answered asking the questions all about gen Z and then I get a shot at proven.
Speaker 4: How cool I am, Jeffrey, which is very easy to do.
Speaker 3: Clearly this okay.
Speaker 4: How this goes?
Speaker 5: And you can help to jeff Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that you know much pop culture trivia is. The thing is, if we were on a trivial pursuit team, you would be the last person I would pick.
Speaker 6: I thought this was today versus back in the day, not insult Jeff.
Speaker 3: Literally, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: One we can It's gotta like a bonus subplot.
Speaker 3: That fun for everybody. Game work.
Speaker 7: This first one should actually be easy for both of you. Okay, Jeff actually sang about it. All the stars are switching to country music. Yes, so we have to talk about Beyonce and I'm going to play you three clips of her songs Brooke, and you're just gonna have to name each song.
Speaker 4: You should be good, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you know, it's like a pressure because like, I love Beyonce. I went to her show my daughter's first concert, and then I know that.
Speaker 3: Much money you have to pay for all the concerts that you.
Speaker 4: Go to free lucky you clip, Okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: I mean give me one beat and I know that well, Okay, I will just say, can we just pause for a minute and just say I really love the Texas hold Them song?
Speaker 4: You like that way?
Speaker 7: I don't know what it's her country one that she released at sixteen Carriages.
Speaker 4: You haven't heard it.
Speaker 6: I haven't gotten Yeah. I like Texas better than from that two second rendition that you just did.
Speaker 3: It sounds really good.
Speaker 8: There's two songs fantastic, all right, my next okay, run the World, yes, okay, last one?
Speaker 7: Oh yes, the new one, TikTok.
Speaker 4: You know, but what's the name of it?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Tell me I've never heard this before.
Speaker 5: I would do the TikTok dance for you, but I can't fallen in love.
Speaker 4: I feel like falling No, what is it called? Cough it? Oh, coughin it. That was pretty good, though. I felt confident on that I had thrown a.
Speaker 5: New one because I knew you only know the old ones. Yea, the new song.
Speaker 4: I did it to meet Beyonce once. That's my humble brag.
Speaker 6: All right, let's pause for a fifteen minute story about Brooke meeting another celebrity.
Speaker 5: It was during Destiny's Child last tour.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and I spend all of maybe three seconds with her, and I think she said.
Speaker 4: Hi, oh yeah, she said that was it. That's all she said.
Speaker 3: You never forget that for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: It was like Kelly and Michelle did all the other all the talking, and then she just could be there with her presence, you know, like Beyonce in the room does enough talking.
Speaker 4: H Wow, what an experience.
Speaker 3: We're all jealous of you.
Speaker 7: Okay, as much as I want to hear about that. Next question, we're going to talk about the movie A Quiet Place.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I haven't seen it ever? Well, yo, sure?
Speaker 5: Directed by John Krasinski.
Speaker 7: Right, sorry laughing. They knew I was gonna say it wrong and got right. The first one came out twenty eighteen. But the new one, did you see there's a commercial for it in the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yes, and coming twenty twenty five, and it's with Lapita Nuwango, isn't it. Sure? Yeah? I love her. I think that she's amazing.
Speaker 3: Will just agree with whatever you say, just to make she doesn't know, she has no idea question.
Speaker 7: Okay for those people who don't know, it's about like a post apocalyptive yup, do it again? A post apocalyptive girl again, where a mom and dad played by John Krasinsky and Emily Blunt. Okay, they're trying to keep the family safe and you know, from the alien creatures. And you know it's a quiet place because they can't make any sounds, right, because they say if they hear you, they hunt you.
Speaker 4: What happens if you have allergies like you just have to sneeze.
Speaker 2: I'm being serious, Like there's a lot of things, Like there's body functions that are going to do you in in this movie.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this, Jeff, It's such a mom question horror film.
Speaker 6: What about the aide someone gets a sneeze attack.
Speaker 3: I hope someone brought.
Speaker 7: Tissues, honestly, Okay, that didn't happen in the movie.
Speaker 5: So I can't meet your question. Maybe the third one. That's what it's about, allergies.
Speaker 3: Send your complaints into Paramount Pictures.
Speaker 5: I mean, Paulin is really going to screw the whole family.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But anyways, the entire movie, there's only five minutes of dialogue total in the entire movie.
Speaker 5: Here's a clip from one of the few times they do talk.
Speaker 7: You have to protect them, Oh promise me.
Speaker 5: You it's really eerie.
Speaker 7: And that's like some of the only dialogue in it, like that goosebumps. Okay, But despite the fact that it was a huge hit at the box office, theater owners actually hated the movie a quiet place when it came out. Really, and I need you to tell me why.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could see as a theater goer you would hate it because it's so quiet and you just hear everybody chewing around you, you know, like eating popcorn and chopping on candy.
Speaker 6: And also just listening to people with spur for a long period of time is super annoying, especially when it's that close.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, I think there's someone outside.
Speaker 5: So you didn't enjoy that closing.
Speaker 6: No, it was really painful to listen to just those five seconds. I can't imagine sitting through an hour and a half movie of all of that.
Speaker 2: You're not an ASMR fanky God, I don't get.
Speaker 4: It, but that would be annoying if you were a movie go er.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it would be annoying if you were the one doing the movie.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: In less as a movie person, you didn't want to get more concessions because it was so loud every time you ate popcorn that it made you self conscious.
Speaker 4: Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: No, Like you're sitting in the theater and you're like, I can't go get more.
Speaker 4: You know what are we getting? What are those little York's peppermint patties? Or no, it's your go to.
Speaker 6: Nobody gets York's peppermint patties and when they go to the.
Speaker 2: Movie, it wasn't they Freeze in the box said this was a cool segment.
Speaker 5: Is it's a really downhill versus I think it's your energy down.
Speaker 3: I'm just an observer.
Speaker 2: I think that I'm right. I think that they didn't like it because it was so quiet. It deterred people from going to get more snacks.
Speaker 5: You're right, bro, I think he's too easy.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just they said that the theater sales were way down on snacks.
Speaker 5: Nobody was buying food during the entire movie.
Speaker 6: Man, back in the day when all the movies were silent, the theater concessions must have made like no money.
Speaker 2: Nobody had live piano players. Yeah, my grandfather actually played piano when he was a teenager for the silent.
Speaker 6: Of course, we couldn't get through one thing without It's one another story about Brooks weird family.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm winning this. So what's the last question?
Speaker 5: This one to last question. Brooke at least knows it's called akatar. Cour Thrones and Roses books are so.
Speaker 4: Popular right now.
Speaker 2: So I haven't read any of these, but Alexis's roommate is obsessed.
Speaker 4: And now that I've seen, like what the.
Speaker 2: Cover of these books look like, you literally can't go anywhere without seeing what's the author.
Speaker 8: Sarah J.
Speaker 4: Moss. Yeah, Sarah J. Moss. You will see these books everywhere. It's like when you.
Speaker 2: Buy a car and then suddenly all you see is the other cars are the same as yours on the road. That's what's gonna happen after you look up what these books.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 5: I don't even drik and I think they're It's like the.
Speaker 4: Adult Twilight, I think is what's happening.
Speaker 2: There's no vampires, but it's like romantic fantasy or something.
Speaker 5: Not vampires broke because.
Speaker 4: Like fairies, Oh, fairies.
Speaker 5: The point of the question, the question is.
Speaker 2: It's romantic about fairies, like sort of I'm not getting into okay right now, because that's what the question is about.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: The point is I was thinking how I haven't read since I was a kid, and I was thinking of popular books.
Speaker 4: But I was.
Speaker 6: Jeff, I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, there.
Speaker 7: Was a popular books And when I mentioned it to Ashton today, he said, Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: She was all about it.
Speaker 5: Too, six original of them. And then it spun off and there's a hundred books.
Speaker 7: Okay, this series called Warrior by Aaron Hunt.
Speaker 4: Okay, is it really good? Should get my kids out?
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, maybe I haven't read it so long.
Speaker 2: I just so good.
Speaker 3: I've never gone back, not even once.
Speaker 4: Well there's a hundred they can't ok yeah.
Speaker 7: Sure, And I just need you to tell me who the warriors in these books are?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: What animals? What has happened? Did you like?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Everybody read these Ashton Back Warriors guitar.
Speaker 3: Those are the adult Twilight.
Speaker 4: Remember, Warrior was the.
Speaker 5: Thing back in the day.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you? Are they human like? Or are they just animals? I'm not helping you, just.
Speaker 6: I don't think she actually knows the answer, So just say any animal.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 5: There was the Thunder Clan, the Shadow Clan, the River.
Speaker 6: Clan in the real big insight into how popular you were back.
Speaker 8: In the day.
Speaker 2: Help anymore because at first I was thinking wolves, honestly, but then she said clan instead.
Speaker 5: Of pack, you know, like it would be the Shadow pack if.
Speaker 3: They were woolf what animal rolls in a clan?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Foxes sometimes you know it's a clan. What about dragon clan? Does that sound like legit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The dragon that.
Speaker 3: Sounds pathetic enough for Alexis to life back when she was a kid god.
Speaker 2: But I don't think the dragons would be cute enough. I think that if it had to be something that Alexis was into their head too, it had to be one character that had like good hair and fashion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like unicorns with different types of like bows in their names.
Speaker 4: Unicorn clan. I'm not opposed to that.
Speaker 2: That is pretty good because then we could put some Pegasus in there too.
Speaker 3: And I know into the unicorn stuff too, So I go he I told that in confidence.
Speaker 4: I feel like that feels good. The Unicorn clan. Yeah, and they're in the shadows. I'm going unicorns all right. Finally, answer what I think you have. All cats might understand.
Speaker 5: Pharaoh cats.
Speaker 7: Cat plans that marked their territory, and they have four yor code, and they survived. The cats marked their these ones, Brooke, they had like powers.
Speaker 5: They were defending their land and stuff.
Speaker 4: It was legit warriors. It's sounds legit. You know that whole thing. When I said I was going to read it to my kids. I'm not.
Speaker 1: All right there it is, Jeffrey, thanks for me, and he was sorry, Yes it is. There's your Saturday special weekend only available on podcasts, and I know you will. I know you will have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be back Monday with a full, brand new show be here. Of course, it's only on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, because who else would do this