Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into another episode of the Fantasy Pros Football Dynasty Podcast. I am Ryan Warmley, joined today by Scott Bogman and not by Pat Fitzmorris. We were joined by a guest that Fitz was kind enough to book, who is even smarter than he is. It's Cody Carpentier of Roster Watch. Cody, thank you so much for joining us today, boys.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you having me on. And that's a pretty high bar you just sent right there. That's one of the goats, that's one of the OG's Pat Fitzmorris, So I appreciate you guys having me on.
Speaker 1: Fits is enjoying a well deserved vacation this week, so we are thrilled to have Cody on in his stead. Today. We are doing a Dynasty rookie three round mock draft. That's the entire show. We're just going through thirty six picks here. You know, twelve team league super flex. We're not doing tight in premium. We're not doing anything like that. Just straightforward rookie mock draft here. So we'll get through our top thirty six players. Just so everybody knows who's listening. You can find all of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. From there, you can also navigate to our staff rookie rankings as well on the site. I'll be relying heavily on those staff rookie rankings since I am not quite the expert that Bogman and Cody are, but I will try to do my best to keep up here. As Cody is the guest, we have given him the first pick, I'll be picking second, Bogman third. We're not like sneaking it or anything. We're going one two three, one two three, one two three. Who we would take at these slots makes sense?
Speaker 3: Can we trade picks? That's what That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I don't. I don't want to deal with tracking Matt, So I'm going to say there are no trades in this buck. Maybe we'll do one later in draft.
Speaker 4: Well, the Ravens, I mean, your strategy should be just sit where you are and shake whoever the best player is.
Speaker 3: Available, because that's what the Ravens do.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, and it's it's worked out well for them, you know, for the most part. So I'll try and emulate that strategy. We will. We will dive right in here at the very top, so Cody kick us away with the first overall pick.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I'd like to offer my first overall pick to Scott. I want all three of your picks, and then we'll I'm just kidding, numb, I'm gonna start out first and foremost number one overall. I have to go with Caleb Williams at this point.
Speaker 5: The combine this coming week is going to tell us.
Speaker 2: I think a little bit about the process for Caleb, as well as the other quarterbacks, Drake Man and Jaden Daniels. As far as the NFL landing spots, I think that Atlanta's spot, if they do go after a quarterback and it's gonna be one of these top end guys, is gonna is gonna potentially be a game changer in fantasy football. If if a Jade and Daniels or Drake me Lanza ellis sorry at Atlanta, I think there's gonna be a lot of arguments about putting one of these guys at number one overall. But right now, the things we know today, Caleb Williams looks like the boner fight number one overall pick in the NFL draft to the Chicago Bears. So I'm gonna stick with him here, number one overall in superflex.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, Cody, how close is it? Because I've seen a lot of super flex mocks where Harrison still goes number one. I think he is probably the safest of all the prospects here at how is it razor thin?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Because of super flex? Is that Caleb by a mile? And you know, just like.
Speaker 4: What is what is the range between Marvin Harrison at this pick plus the other two quarterbacks who are also very good for me?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I feel really good about three of these wide receivers, Marvin, Melik, Neighbors, and Robadenze. And because it's super flex, I leaned towards the quarterbacks, and my first two picks would be quarterback quarterback, and Drake may currently number two in that conversation, I think, like I mentioned before, Daniels, the conversation has risen quickly. You go back to October, before the real hype started. He wasn't even in the second round of mock drafts. Then he was in second round in like November, and now it's all of a sudden top five overall. So when the draft does come around, it if he lands potentially in Atlanta, like I mentioned before, he could vaulted himself, I believe, ahead of a Marvin, ahead of a Milk neighbors as well. So for me, it's I'm rolling quarterback quarterback as it stands, got you, Bog.
Speaker 1: I mean, Caleb would have been your pick as well, right box, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little closer for me.
Speaker 4: And the reason I would have taken Caleb over because I mean it's kind of like last season when Anthony Richardson was you know, for the NFL he's firmly third, but for fantasy because he offers the rushing upside, he was one. I think the difference here is exactly what Cody was talking about, is that Drake May and Caleb Williams were one and two coming into the process and still are. So I think they're just so much safer than Jane Daniels, who was very good, obviously won the Heisman and everything, but he is somewhat of a one year wonder, which we've seen more of those guys playing out in the NFL. So I just think it's safer it's still a super flex. Like Cody said, so I'm still going quarterback with the first two picks.
Speaker 1: I'm up with pick number two. If I was in a situation where I was absolutely loaded at receiver and needed a quarterback, given it superflex, I would you know, consider Daniels or May or whoever my QB two of choices. But I'm not going to overcomplicate things. I'm just gonna take Marvin Harrison Junior. I mean, we kind of throw the generational label around a lot, Like b John Robinson was a generational running back, Kyle Pitts is a generational tight end. Robert Harrison Junior sure seems like a generational wide receiver. There are other guys that are very very close to him in this class as well. So it's such an exciting class for that reason. But like I said, I'm not going to overcomplicate it. I think these are gonna be one and two in most you know, rookie drafts that you see around, you know, barring some sort of individual team need being you know, on the extreme.
Speaker 4: But I'll take Carrison Junior at two For me at three, I'll go ahead and take Drake May. I think once again, you know, Jay Daniels has a higher ceiling. I think we have to admit that, we have to understand that. And he is going to be taken third. So maybe there's something to it where I mean I think he's gonna be taken third.
Speaker 3: He could go second. We've seen that in MOX.
Speaker 4: I still think Drake May is so much safer that I Am going to rely on him and his skill. And he also rushes, he's not you know, Caleb really moves from side to side. He doesn't go north south that much. He's in the pocket. He's moving the pocket. He's manipulating. May designed runs, lots of Design runs, and that is the plan a lot of the time. When he takes one look down the field, he doesn't see anything he likes and he runs. He had a lot of those. He can be utilized in urpo as well. And just quarterbacks in general in a superflex are just worth so much more because of the simple math. Thirty two jobs. Right, there's three wide receivers on every team. There's two running backs on most teams in terms of like starters, so you know there's only thirty two of these shobs. Three or four of those are kind of questionable. I mean, who's the starter for Pittsburgh, right? You know, plenty of teams kind of have that musical chair as a quarterback. There's really twenty eight of them. So the bigger your league in a super flex, the more quarterbacks hold value. So there's a lot of good skill position players here, especially a wide receiver and Brock Bowers a tight end.
Speaker 3: But I still have to stick with the QB. So give me Drake May.
Speaker 1: I think that makes a lot of sense. It's a really fascinating section of rookie drafts right here. Like I said, I think you're going to see one and two pretty similar, but the order between Drake May. You know again Jayden Daniels with that seiling scene, what the landing spot is, and Malik Neighbors. So, I know, Cody, you're really high on in sort of this three four five rage. I'm really curious to see how it plays that not only today, but in you know, really all rookie max and real drafts going forward. Cody, who are you taking it for?
Speaker 2: This is a This is a tough conversation for me, and I've been on Jayden Daniels the last couple of weeks and I actually had a conversation with somebody earlier today and it's just leaning me more towards Malik as I'm like, like, that's why I love doing so many shows, because people are asking you different questions and you get to really think about your process more in depth. And you're like, well, if I already think about this in this way, why don't I have this guy ranked in the spot? And so I'm taking Malik Neighbors here at pick number four. Overall, Malik Neighbors, you talk about other players in the class, Malachi Corley is known as the Yak King. Seventy percent of his yards came after the catch over his career. Malik Neighbors had forty one percent of his yards come after the catch as well. He's a player coming from LSU. But you know he fits the ARC type build, which is not Yesteryear's build of the sixty four to two hundred and twenty five pound wide receiver.
Speaker 5: He fits the six.
Speaker 2: Foot two hundred pound everybody you can think of that it's finished Top ten and Fantasy Points over the course of the last decade. You know, whether it is Odell Beckham, Stefan Diggs, Justin Jefferson Elman, Russein Brown. He fits that arc type and that ability. I think he has elite acceleration, change the direction at the catch point, and I think yards perol Runn. He was number one this year. I love Malik Neighbors. I think he's the safest wide receiver in the class to draft. I know that's maybe a hot take. Marvin Harrison's a really really good wide receiver. I think he's the best. But the safest in the class, I believe is my Milik Neighbors. I'm gonna take him here at four ahead of Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 1: Cody, if Jaye Daniels had gone three, if that's where Bogs are gone, just kind of aiming for that rushing upside. Would you have taken Neighbors over May or would you have taken May?
Speaker 5: I would have taken May.
Speaker 2: May is like like I mentioned before, I have it Caleb and Drake, Drake and Caleb. That's kind of where my one two sits right now, and that value of getting Drake at four would be I would like.
Speaker 3: That is Neighbor is closer to Uh.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think because of what you said, he's closer to Marvin than he is O Dunes Day right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, correct, this is a it's it's to be honest with you. This is again, this is people don't want to talk about this stuff. This is you know, the conversation that gets I didn't even try to lure people in on Twitter. I just asked the question, why isn't Malik Neighbors closer to the conversation with with Marv? And people came after it. And the point more so is giving the respect to Malik Neighbors what he brings to the table. If there's no Marvin, Malik is in that conversation, Malik's already in the conversation to be fourth or fifth in this draft. Marvin just happens to be there at three. Malik is a special, special, special talent. And I believe it's in that same conversation. I have them one, one and one. I don't have I don't have a number two in the class. I have one in one and my man Alex Dunlap at roster Watch. You know, he calls me a coward for that, for not picking one. But That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 5: I don't I'm not ready to.
Speaker 4: You know, it's February. You don't have to have your final grade on these guys. We haven't even hit the combine quick exactly.
Speaker 2: I think it's more of a positive towards neighbors, though I don't want that to be any detraction towards Marvin Harrison, because Marvin Harrison is a special, special talent, but I believe Malik is in the same category.
Speaker 1: Is there a landing spot scenario where you could see yourself preferring Neighbors to Harrison and Roka drafts, like, like, let's say that Patriots pass up a quarterback, so Harrison gets kind of stuck there without a clear quarterback option, and Neighbors goes to either Arizona with Kyler or even Los Angeles wink Herbert, would you maybe have Neighbors ahead of Harrison in your rookie drafts?
Speaker 2: Bingo, Bingo, Yes, I mean, and that's not knowing what New England does a quarterback. If New England takes Marv and let's say they you know, they tried to go get Kirk or Russ, or maybe they wait till round two and they get a bon Nix, Like, we'll see what happens. What that trajectory looks like for Marvin as a rookie. But if Malik goes to Arizona sign me up every day of the week, that's really going to be the situation for fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm taking Jayden Daniels with the fifth pick. It was just it was gonna be whichever of these five guys got to me at five. I was going to take obviously high up with the rushing ability, Heisman, you know, winner this last year, has improved every year in college a long time. But a really really fun player to watch last season and kind of an easy pick for me here given the super flex nature of it. So I'll send us back to Bogman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I like that pick, and I think at this point it might be the obvious pick being super flex for sure. And I mean Malik Neighbors. Every single time I watch Malik Neighbors, I like him a little bit more. And it's that it's that like Antonio Brown like ability, where he doesn't slow down, he doesn't slow down through breaks, his change of direction is unbelievably fast. He does contested catching better than Marvin, who doesn't really do that well. So I'm yeah, these are all good picks. I think the next pick for me at six, it has to be Brock Bauers, and it's you know, I know tight end is a little shaky. I know it's a little scary, especially after k we were all in on Kyle Pitts. I was all over Kyle Pitts and it didn't work out right. But I think if you go to it brought brock Bauers lands pretty much anywhere. He is going to be the at least the number two receiving option on that team. So a difference maker like Travis Kelce right, He's gonna have to earn that. He's gonna have to make that happen. But I think brock Bauers immediately is a top five tight end. I think that he has the more potential than anyone else, even the guys that we saw that were amazing last year, Hawkinson Laporta. I think he has more upside than these guys. As a receiver, we saw him dominate. I've called him skinny shocky a bunch of times. I am just so enamored with this talent. You know, landing spot is gonna be huge for him, But just stick him in Tennessee and let Will Levis throw dumps to him all game, give him ten catches for a ninety six and a score every single game. I can see this line for him, all right. So I am super excited about what Brock Bowers brings to the table.
Speaker 1: Cody, it feels like sixth consensus is one and two is a kind of a tier in terms of how it's being drafted. Three, four, five kind of a tier, and six seven kind of a tier. Do you see it similarly? Are you going to take kind of the consensus seventh guy here? And do you see it breaking up in that way?
Speaker 2: I do see it come breaking up the same way. I think when you attack these rookie drafts, you just want to be in the top seven.
Speaker 5: I think that's the point online, period.
Speaker 2: If you can get into that top seven, you're gonna be happy, because even if you're sitting at seven, someone's gonna fall to you in some fashion. This time it's so Dunza. I've seen Bowers fall there. Hell, I was in a draft there night and May fell there. Because people prefer these receivers, it happens for you, and I think that's just being the top seven is gonna be where you want to be for me. I don't have Bowers, you know, I have him in the next tier just because it's the start of the tight end. I don't like spinning that high a draft capital on him. I do think he's gonna be a little light, but I understand exactly why he's coming off right there wholeheartedly. But my guy's gonna be Roma Dunzee, the wide receiver from Ohio from from Washington sorry, one hundred and sixty seven receptions the last two years, seventy five percent contested catch sorry contested catches on targets, and his game speed is a little faster than when I think he's gonna run the combine.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure he runs in the four to threes.
Speaker 2: I think he's probably gonna be more of a four for four guy, but his game speed reminds me a lot of Jamar and Chase, and I think he is the clearcut wide receiver three in this class. And I'm excited to get him here at number seven.
Speaker 1: Before I make my pick at eight, which is kind of a tear break. I just want to let quickly let everybody know that our mock draft simulator tool is now open at fantasypros dot com. Slash simulator. It's a fast and freeway to practice for any kind of draft, including dynasty, startup drafts, and rookie drafts. Again, that's Fantasypros dot Com slash simulator. I almost wish we had done a different order because I feel like I shouldn't be one making the picket eight because it's such an interesting spot. Right there's such a clear top seven, and maybe you have a favorite of this next batch of wide receivers you want, maybe you're desperate for a running back, and we end up liking the landing spot of one of these guys. I'm gonna play the draft Capitol game, and I'm going to give a little bit of trust in deebro and Thor, who I podcasted with earlier this week, who art could not be more all in on JJ McCarthy. Again, this is super flex with quarterback is just inherently more valuable. It seems like he's definitely trending towards like maybe pick eight with the Falcons. I know Thor would love to see him go to the Vikings. Some of these like pretty intriguing landing spots for a quarterback to go to. I'm not quite as gung ho about him as Debro is, for example, who has him QB two in the class and Cody, I'm really curious to kind of get your opinion of Thor and Debro being so high on McCarthy Deebro's quarterback rankings and everybody should tune into their NFL Draft show to hear them dive deeper on this. He has Jayden Daniels one, JJ McCarthy too, Caleb Williams three, and Drake May four, so he's very willing to go out on a limb there and not you know, kind of go against the grain obviously, Cody, you were somebody who kind of went against the green with will Levis just a year ago, so you're not afraid to do that either. What do you think about that ranking from Debro and Thor?
Speaker 2: Is that an NFL based ranking or is a Fantasy based It's.
Speaker 1: Kind of both. If you look at their rankings on our staff rankings page for fantasy, that is what it matches up. As they didn't fully expect Caleb to go higher, but Deebro was saying that he just really likes McCarthy that much.
Speaker 5: Okay, that makes sense one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the accuracy, the winning mentality, the build he brings to the tables a lot similar It's similar to Desmond Ritter, but he's I think he's more accurate. I think he's more athletic. Riddle's pretty athletic, and I think just as far as being a winner, accurate, being able to push that ball downfield when he needs to, they really didn't need him to do that stuff in Michigan this past year. So I completely get it. And I think you're going to continue to see the JJ McCarthy rise in ADP and these super flex drafts, and you can see him, I believe, get all the way up to being ahead of that guys. We just talked about Bowers and a Dunze to that Daniel's conversation, So I don't think Debro's off really at all. These four quarterbacks, the conversation is going to be tighter, and I believe at the Indian in Indianapolis next week, hopefully Caleb Williams decides to throw the football, but I think McCarthy, Daniels, may Nix, and Pennocks are all going to get to throw side by side, and it's really going to tell us the difference between these guys, and.
Speaker 5: I'm not against it.
Speaker 2: I have McCarthy at four, but that's kind of just chalk right now, and it's just where I'm holding Pat.
Speaker 5: But I really kind of.
Speaker 2: Hold the quarterback conversation until we get to Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: I do think if he ends up going, let's say, to the Falcons at eight in that landing spot, I think it will become in his top eight in rookie drafts, not top seven, I think eight super flex drafts. Of course, Box he's your next pick.
Speaker 4: By the way, Cody, you know Kleban, can I throw projecting number one overall pick. There's no reason for him to do anything outside of interviews.
Speaker 2: So he's just going to bring it up on as mini shows as possible to hope that somehow it gets there.
Speaker 5: And he's like, man, maybe I should throw it there.
Speaker 4: You're manifesting it. You're manifesting it, not gonna have I love it now. Now, look, I think you made the absolute correct pick here, Warm especially the draft capitol pick.
Speaker 3: Right. We talked about it before.
Speaker 4: There's just a limited amount of fine amount of qbs that can start in the NFL. There are not thirty two caliber NFL starting quarterbacks in the league right now. Maybe there will be after this draft, but there aren't as as it stands right now. We watched a lot of bad quarterback play last year, So I think the McCarthy pick is a very very smart pick. I gave myself nine to put myself to the test here. Which of these wide receivers do I like the most? Really, and just looking at it my gut, I have to go with Troy Franklin. I mean, I just cannot get some of these acrobatic plays that he makes out of my head. He is so good downfield. I think he's going to be a little late in the process, so he could go to a team that already has a good QB Buffalo, Kansas City, somewhere like that. I think he's sitting pretty right now as this draft stock holds to end up in a very very good spot, and I just can't get He's got sized, he's got speed, he's got everything. Giganic catch radius. I think if you put him in last year's class, there's arguments for him to be the first wide receiver off the board. So you know, I think he's being a little overlooked because there's so much elite talent at the top, and Brian Thomas led the league, it led the country in receiving touchdowns. You know, Kean Coleman has the enormous size. There's two, you know, great prospects from my Longhorns. So but Troy Franklin is an absolute beast. He has everything you could want and I'm super excited to watch him in the NFL. So that's gonna be my pick at nine.
Speaker 1: I love Franklin. Prior to this rise from McCarthy, Franklin would have been my pick at at eight in a lot of these drafts, again separation from the top seven, but I really like Franklin. Cody, what do you think about him?
Speaker 5: Franklin was my pick there.
Speaker 2: He's my wide receiver for in the class right now for fantasy football. And there I'm just going to couple it right into my pick, which is everything you said about Troy Franklin. I think works in favor of ad Ni Mitchell from Texas, four hundred and ninety five pounds. Outside of the speed, I don't think the speed is quite the same level, but the contortion ability that ed Ni Mitchell plays with, the red zone dependability and just straight up dog mentellity that he has. I watched him all year, Like I'm a long I don't want to say'm a Longhorn fan. I don't really want to say a.
Speaker 5: Fan of anybody. But I work for Orange Bloods dot com. So I just.
Speaker 2: Insane, yeah, V why they're right there. I just get insanely a large amount of delved into Longhorned football and every single week, and and I came up clutch in spots they needed him too. And I think the draft capital is gonna be a bit higher in the NFL draft. And just coupling that with a Troy Franklin, I think they're in the same tier. I think they're in the same conversation and Troy Franklin and reminds me a little of Devanta Smith.
Speaker 5: Rag Q didn't love that. I told him that last week. Didn't love it. But I'd like me some Troy.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really interesting cop. Actually, I just I just did a rookie comps show with de Brow and Thor and it's funny because they are both very down on Mitchell, so it was it's kind of I love doing multiple shows with different points of view, kind of you alluded to Codey because you really get get to kind of learn a lot in hearing these different perspectives, because they both were much lower on Mitchell than his teammate Xavier Worthy. For example, what do you think about that Bogman as an actual Texas guy?
Speaker 4: Well, what's funny is Pat Actually he and I had like an offline conversation about this. He said, who do you like more of your Texas guys? And I said, well, I think if you're talking plug and play ready to go right now, it sad and I I think Mitchell is the guy right now. But I think if you're talking about ceiling, I think it has to be Worthy. If if Worthy has unteachable speed, that that's exactly what it is with him.
Speaker 3: So he doesn't. His routes are fine for what he's asked to do.
Speaker 4: But I just think with a little more you know, tinkering, you know, getting off the line, running a more complete route tree uh, snapping off some of those routes a little quicker, I think that he could be easily one of the best wide receivers in the league, not not just this class. So Worthy has a lot of talent too. By the way, Cody and I have I think the same chair and the same background here, and we're both Texas guys.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody should check out YouTube. You see that I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: With Year, but it has a lot of red in it too, so.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also going to take a Longhorn. I've actually torn on which one I'm going to take. I'm gonna I know, it's actually like kind of going against the grain in this year's class. You know, there's a lot of time that there shouldn't be a running back in the first round. I'm gonna take Jonathan Brooks. I think he's RB one in the class. I think that would be a little even more obvious if not for the injury stuff. He can do a lot of different things. He catches past it. I mean, he's just a talented guy. And it's so hard because running backs are so like devalued in Dynasty right now, but you still need good running backs to win at the end of the first round. I think it's fine value. I'm happy to take. There shouldn't be three or four running backs in the first round, right I'm obviously give them the scope of the class, but I'm very happy to get Brooks Towards the end of the first round. And I don't know if I just broke, you know, broke Bogs is hard or not, because he does have another Longhurn he could take instead at pick twelve.
Speaker 4: I don't worry I will. I'll just go ahead and say it. I'm going to take Xavier Worthy as my last pick here. But I think, just expanding on your Brooks point, Cody, let me ask you this. If Brooks comes into the season healthy, into the process, the draft process, healthy, where does he go and by how big of a gap is he the number one running back? Because to me, I don't think it's really a question. He's definitely the number one running back if he's healthy coming in And how high does he go?
Speaker 2: If he comes into the well he wins the Doak Walker Award, which wild because then Texas would have back to back Doak Walker Award winners. Unfortunately he didn't get to do that. I'm not sure how fast he runs. I've had that conversation with a lot of people. Whether he runs. Some people think he was in runner four, four or five. Some people think he's a four to six to two guy. I think he's somewhere in between there in like the four five two four or five four year, which is just fine for his building.
Speaker 4: I don't think it matters when you're the most elusive running back in the class, so.
Speaker 2: Correct, And I think he reminds me a lot of Tony Pollard, and I think he is clearly the number one in this class if he's healthy. For me, really, it's just he and Braylen Allen in the class overall at the running back position. That's the top two for me. And of course part of the Brillian Allen thing is just what he brings the table from a size perspective, from a speed perspective, how he runs the football, and his age in fantasy football. So I think some of those things come into conversation. But so the gap is close for me. I have Allen number one because of the injury and the age that does favor Allen, and the size and things of that nature. But again, to answer your question, it would be the inverse. It would be Brooks number one. By you know, as far as we're talking dynasty value, by probably four or five slots overall in dynasty at the running back position.
Speaker 1: I think I might go as high as Brooks with the tenth pick. I wouldn't take him over like Troy Franklin, who I just really really adore. But again, I think as last three picks to the first, it's fairly justifiable. So Cody, you are back. Actually, let me give a quick recap here. So round one, we went from one to twelve. Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison, Junior, Drake May, Malik Neighbors, Jaden Daniels, Brock Bowers, Roma Dunsa pretty clear top seven, JJ McCarthy arguably a pretty clear number eight, Troy Franklin at nine, Ady Mitchell at ten, Jonathan Brooks at eleven, and Xavier Worthy at twelve. So Cody, you are back on the clock with the two to oh one.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting in a pretty interesting spot where I could go ahead and take the fourth consecutive Longhorn, or I could add to my Caleb Williams team a second quarterback in a Bonnicks or a Pennix, but I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't really want to do that.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go ahead and take that running back I just talked about Braylen Allen. I'm good taking him anywhere in this area.
Speaker 5: One twelve, two, one, two oh two.
Speaker 2: Brailn Allen, the running back out of Wisconsin, two and thirty five pounds, six foot two, should have had, you know, three consecutive thousand yard rushing seasons, not of course, in the level of Jonathan Taylor's you know, three times two thousand output at Wisconsin. But Breylon Allen's a really good running back. Reminds me in between the tackles of Ezekiel Elliott. He did put the ball on the ground nine times in college, four times this season, and in the receiving game, you know, it's he's adequate, He's fine. He grew year after year after year, and in the open field, I think the contract like better than the Zeke and Zeke. I'd really just see him between the decos, the way he runs the football, but really as a runner, I see a lot of Todd Gurley in Braylen Allen, and Allen's a little bit bigger than Todd Gurley. So Brillan Allen's my RB one and I'm gonna get him. Heret to two to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have considered Alan. I probably would have taken Alan with this next pick here at the two two. I really like him. I think Bogwin correct me if I'm wrong. I'm higher on Alan than you and Fits both are right, You're not quite feeling it as much with him.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe not maybe not Fits because he is the badger aside. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, but yeah, I'm not really high on Braylan Allen. I thought he was slow. Now Cody is absolutely right. He's young, he has a lot of chances, and I'm a little afraid of his open field prowess as well, because it looks like he goes out of his way to hit someone, like he really doesn't want to not be hit. He finds the safety and runs towards him instead of away from him because he wants to run him over. He's just just take the green man. So there's there's a little bit of I just think there's so much variance for Alan because it's like, you know, if he does pick up the pace and he does, you know, learn a little more on the job, he could be an absolute monster because of his size. But if he's too slow, he turns into you know, one of a thousand big backs that can't do anything in the league. Right, So that's there's just too much variance in for me to invest in him this high, so I wouldn't have this high, but he is. I mean, he's got a lot of potential. It's very big back.
Speaker 1: We're mock drafting rookies today, of course, But if you want an even deeper dive into all the twists and turns of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft season, our friends Thorne eiserm and Derek Brown have got you covered. They'll now be bringing you weekly NFL Draft episodes right here in the fan Pro's Dynasty Football podcast feed all throughout the NFL Draft season. The second episode dropped Wednesday as they explored some of the most polarizing prospects in this year's class. Definitely go check out that episode to find out why some of our picks today are right or wrong in the eyes of Debro and Thor. I am back on the clock here at the two or two. Like I said, I probably would have taken Alan if he had been available. I'm gonna make a pick that I'm really curious to get Cody's opinion on. I'm gonna take Ladd McConkie. This is somebody who he gets open. He has performed. I know he had some injury stuff, I really like I just saw I think it was yesterday actually on Twitter, Daniel Jeremiah was evaluating cornerbacks and he said basically had the same note for every one of them, which was struggled against Ladd McConkie Sea out of Georgia. Just the type of receiver that I am really drawn to typically, you know, in terms of both real life and in terms of fantasy. I think he can catch, you know, just a ton of passes in the NFL, and I think he could sneak into the back of the first round and again get paired with one of these MVP level quarterbacks that are picking in the back end. So I really like mccakey and and Cody. Like I said, I'm curious what your opinion is on that pick. You know, in this spot, one of.
Speaker 2: My favorite notes through the draft process and going through all these guys was I found one of Kirby Smart saying if it wasn't for YouTube, I wouldn't know who Lad was. I was at a camp and I was watching one of our cornerbacks and he was making him look like we shouldn't be recruiting him, and I thought I was just like blown away because He's like, we didn't know who this little white kid was and he was making, you know, one of our four or five star cornerbacks look like he didn't deserve to be out there. I think Lad mccakay's super interesting. I don't quite want to, you know, he did a great job at the Senior Bowl. I don't quite want to put him on the expectation, you know, track of a tank dell because he doesn't skate quite that way, but his routes are so uh, you know, herky jerky and so you know, crisp at the at the cut point to change directions that I think he's going to translate pretty well to the NFL. And like you said, he's gonna end up in an offense that's gonna be h on the on the north side of the NFL where it's it's not going to be one of these poor offenses that is a bad quarterback or a bad situation. He's going to be in a good spot. I like Lad McConkie. He's one of the tougher ones I think to rank in the entire class because I think there's eighteen nineteen wide receivers that are good in the entire class, and quite frankly, when you start getting too eight to nineteen, it's kind of tough to put guys in places.
Speaker 1: Bog mean, it looks like you're taking another wide receiver here with the two of three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm close on Brian Thomas and Troy Franklin. I think it's very close between those two guys. So, you know, just unteachable talent here as well size and speed. You put it together. He has everything that is unteachable, so just teach him the rest right that that is kind of getting. We're getting traits that that's what we're buying here, and he already has done it. We've seen him produce at LSU. Obviously there are questions, can you do this by yourself right if you're a guy like Brian Thomas, or do you need a guy like Malik Nighbers Do you need to be a number two? So there are more questions on Brian Thomas than there are the top end talent in this tier. You know, there isn't even that talent I think with Mitchell and Worthy so much at least not worthy, you know, because he did it by himself before. So I think that Brian Thomas is a stud and once again a lot like Troy Franklin. He is one of these guys that seems to be a borderline first and second round pick, which means you could be going to a spot like, you know, put him in Cincinnati with Joe Burrow and Jamaar Chase on the other side, bring the LSU crew back right. I mean, that would be an amazing spot for him. Or if he lands in like Carolina, you're instantly the number one and you're getting peppered with targets every single game. So I think his landing spot right now, as it stands, is in a very good situation. I think he's a super talented guy, and that's what we're doing. We're taking traits here and Brian Thomas, one of my favorite wide receivers in this class.
Speaker 1: Could are you going with it to four?
Speaker 2: I think that the Brian Thomas fault or slide does end right there at two of three, and that's a good spot to take him. I don't think he's deserving of the one to eight, one o nine conversation that he's getting. I think his game is a little volatile. I do believe that you mentioned Cincinnati, Dallas, Philly something like that he needs an offense that's going to be creative and utilize him downfield, that stretch ability, kind of like he was at LSU. That's that's that that would be the conversation to get me hyped up for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 5: But I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure that Carolina like some of these some of these scarier offenses that aren't creative and and don't know how to utilize some receivers. That that would turn me off a little bit for Brian Thomas. But two of four here, I'm gonna I'm gonna end the quarterback slide. I feel good about taking a bow Knicks at one twelve two one, kind of the same area I talked about Braylon Allen Nicks some conversations up to you know, the Saints pick in the first round, the Raiders pick in the first round, but also into the second round, and we'll see what happens on draft day. But right now, I feel good about what bow Knicks brings to the table. You know, most career starts in college football history, six year, sixty one, Bonnicks is going to get drafted in the top forty and I think he's going to be an opportunity to play in year one and definitely in year two. So I'm gonna take Bonicks year at two o four and superflex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was really curious when the next quarterback was going to go.
Speaker 4: I want to know, Cody, what do you think about the the opinion I've heard some of the draft of value waiters say, well, what about Auburn? What about that year he was so bad at Auburn? Why do we care? That was so long ago? Like you said, sixty starts like, what have you done for me lately?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: How about we just yeah, how about just like the fact that he played as a freshman and he's grown through those things, and it's it's not about where you started, it's where you're at. And he's in a pretty good spot, I'd say going into the NFL, Cody, what.
Speaker 1: Do you make of the fact that we have three quarterbacks you know, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nicks, obviously Michael Paox will go at some point that have been in college for so long that are relevant names in this class.
Speaker 2: Honestly, honestly, honest answer, it scares me a little bit. Like the Knicks, the Penix, that that type of conversation with these guys that have played for so long because it's abnormal. It's not something we're used to. We're used to the guys that are you know, they fire off the year three or year four and they come out you know it. Technically, in a statistical standpoint, it should help them because, like I said, sixty starts is a lot different than Mitchell Trubisky's fifteen when he came out of North Carolina or maybe it was fourteen whatever. They're a lot more primed and ready to be in the NFL. But then also you ask the question, why do it take them so long to get to this point. I don't know, it'll be interesting to see what their career are actually look like in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I'm going to stop the key on Coleman slide. It's not really me planting my flag as like a Coleman guy. There's a lot of red flags you know that other people have rightfully pointed out, you know about kind of what he's bringing to the table. But the highlight reel is so fun. You know, some of the stuff that he can do with contested catches just looks like, oh, that guy like should be a stud And I wonder if he somehow, you know, gets in that back end of the first round. I know some people doesn't think he belongs there. But if if he gets paired up, if he's the receiver that the Chiefs end up going with, right, or if the Bills go after more with one of these again late first round teams, I'll be really interested to see what he looks like, you know, in in kind of a better offense with an elite quarterback. But I get why he's falling also because there's there's some fun stuff to watch, but there's also a lot of red flags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coleman.
Speaker 4: Coleman is one of those guys where you know, that's the ultimate are you? Are you Mike Evans or you know, are you a jag? That's pretty much the speed. There's not a lot of in between there. Right, It's like you're you're winning with your size, you're dominating because of it. But are you fast enough to keep up? Can you make those contested catches in the NFL like you did against you know, the backup corners that wake forest and stuff like that, You know what I mean? The NFL is a different animal. If you can still do it at this level, you become a Michael Pittman and Drake London. You know, Mike Evans, one of those top tier, upper echelon wide receivers with eyes, if not your you know Alan Lazard, So you're a backup. You know that there's there's just not a lot of in between, which makes those guys riskier, which is why they fall. And I appreciate you stopping that fall because it means I can take Michael Penix and go back to my quarterback math here and look, Penix made me a believer obviously watching him just drop passes into an absolute bucket against Texas, absolute dimes. This guy was throwing in that game. It was probably his best game as a collegiate player. After some unbelievable games this guy has had. Didn't look as good against Michigan, Stock has dropped, didn't look good in the Senior Bowl process. Stock has dropped. When we get to medicals next week, Stock could drop even a little bit more because he had an extensive injury history at Indiana. But I think this is a I'm gonna take Penix. I know he's probably gonna back up somewhere for a little bit. I'm hoping that place is Tampa Bay put him behind Baker Mayfield for an offense that all they want to do is pass the football the entire time.
Speaker 3: Let's do that. Let's get him there.
Speaker 4: Let's put him in Minnesota behind whoever ends up being the starter in Minnesota, right, Let's pair him with Kevin O'Connell or go to the Rams. I want him to sit for a year and then start. That's what I want for him, even as an older prospect. I want him to sit for a year and then start, and I think that's probably best case scenario for him. So let's stop the QB side of Pennix and move on from there.
Speaker 1: Cody, how how out of gap do you see between bow Knix and Michael Pennock. We talked on a recent show You Know with Fits how Michael Penix is one of those guys like that wink Martin Dale says, I can throw a strawberry through a battleship like the arm talent is insane. But again, obviously there's red flags there as well, Otherwise he wouldn't have gotten to this point. Do you see a pretty wide gap there between Pennix and you? Took bow Knicks a couple earlier.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really see a huge difference. I think they're gonna go pretty like just like this, but like nearly back to back picks in these super flex drafts. I think landing spot's going to be you know, I keep saying quarterback vision, but's how I really feel like. If a Penix does end up in a Minnesota type of a situation, they just give them the keys.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have a.
Speaker 2: Real conversation in our hands because that's a good spot to be in with Jefferson, Hawkinson and Addison, So I think that is something that could vault a Penix up as well as a Knicks. And quite honestly, the Senia Ble. These guys both disappointed in their own ways, and I think they just kind of fit into a bucket together. I don't think there's really much of a separation between the two.
Speaker 3: They do way different, but they do it about the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifteen of our first eighteen picks so far are either quarterbacks or wide receivers. There have been two running backs taken and one tight end. Are you continuing the pattern here, Cody, or are you going to take another running back?
Speaker 2: Or I'm going to end it here. I'm gonna end it here with a with a longhorn. I'm gonna go Totavian Sanders. This is the area I take tight ends. I don't like taking tight ends in the first round. I'm just not a big fan of the idea. And Jatavian Sanders for me, is in Tier two by himself, by a clear The biggest as big as a tier is between Brock and Entertavian Sanders is the same distance. Maybe it's bigger between Gatavian and the next tight end. I'm going to take him here at the two oh seven, and I'm just going to keep on chugging along. And you look at yak for the tight end position, Brock Bowers fifty eight percent of his career yards after the catch, sorry, fifty eight percent of his yards came after the catch in his career and Jatavian Sanders forty eight percent. So it's not really that big of a difference. And actually there's another tight end the class, jem Bell, that had a sixty nine percent number for that statistic, and that's something that I look at for the tight end position itself. Sanders has been great the last two years in Texas.
Speaker 1: Cody, do you think there will be We're only doing three rounds today. Do you think there will be any other quarterbacks or tight ends taken? Because it feels like there's kind of now a gap between at both those positions. With who's left, I.
Speaker 2: Will bet on zero tight ends and one quarterback.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was curious, what do you think about that box?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, zero tight ends, ah, two quarterbacks. I think By.
Speaker 1: Now most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is have you tried it? It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts or rookie drafts, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. Think it sounds complicated, It's not the Best thing about Reality Sports online Fantasy front office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal. Still not sure you can test out your general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality Sports online dot Com. I am on the clock here and I tried to spend that ad read thinking about who I wanted to take. Like you guys kind of alluded to very largely running backs and receiver heavy the rest of the way, I'm gonna take the third running back. I there's like three or four names that I actually feel like I could make a case for and will be interested in. I'm gonna take Trey Benson just, you know, break so many tackles. He's another guy I think was talked about on that Polarizing Players episode with Debro and Thor where they are certainly in disagreement, but I love the tackle breaking ability. You know, there's gonna be red flags with any running backs the rest of the way, So I recognize that he's not a perfect prospect, but I'm gonna take the third running back off the board here and send it over to Boggs for the two to nine.
Speaker 4: I like Trey Benson, but we talked about him a little bit last week. I feel like he runs a little upright. There's a you know, I feel like he will break tackles if he's leaning right. But in the other scenarios he's kind of pushed over, kind of easily because his body weight is and distributed very well. Cody, what do you think about Trey Benson.
Speaker 5: I think Benson's very interesting.
Speaker 2: He had an incredible knee injury at Oregon and then transferred to Florida State. I was disappointed, I will say throughout the season I wanted to see him take that I felt like the RB one position in this class outside of Travan Henderson, who of course went back to Ohio State. I thought it was just on a silver platter handed to Trey Benson, and he just never took it. He just sent it back to the kitchen. And you know, when Jordan Travis went down at the latter part of the year, I was like, Okay, Benson, step it up. I want to see a buck sixty and three touchdowns. Take this thing, take this team to the college football playoff and kind of cement yourself. He just never did it, so it's kind of disappointed in that aspect. But I do think Benson's gonna test pretty well. There's rumors. I was listening to Rick Bielman the other day, I'm on a podcast, and he thinks that Benson's going to run in the low four fours. So I think that would be an interesting conver station at the running back position.
Speaker 4: It really would be. I'm gonna go ahead and take a running back as well. This is my favorite non Jonathan Brooks running back, of course as a homer and also just Brooks is amazing in this class. I'm gonna take Bucky Irving, the running back out of Oregon. I do think that Bucky Irving is role specific, right, I do think that he has to fit in a certain offense. This pick is probably just me dreaming about how good he would look in Philly if you put him in Philly next to Jalen Hurts, ringing that RPO. He can catch those quick short passes from Jalen Hurts as well. I just have these visions of Irving going nuts dancing in my head. I think he would be a better version of what they had from Swift last year. Explosive player. I don't know that he has elite level speed. He's very very fast, but I don't know that he is Devin a Chan fast, you know what I mean. I think he is maybe singletary ish in that regard. But I think he's a very good running back. I think he fits very well in certain schemes, and I think one of those teams is likely to draft him so he fits so depending on where he goes. There's gonna be a lot of variants for all these running backs. But I think Bucky may not be a twenty touch a game guy, but he's a guy that's gonna break a couple of big runs and has some huge games for you. So I'm Bucky Irving fan for sure, and that's who I'm gonna take in the spot.
Speaker 1: Cody, we're at the two ten three picks left in the second round. Who you taking?
Speaker 2: This is an easy one for me. This is one of my guys. This is the range where I just start taking guys I want on my team, guys I think project well. And that's Javon Baker out of Central Florida, wide receiver I think he's a great route runner, sudden in and out of breaks at a high level.
Speaker 5: I think his ball.
Speaker 2: Skills are second to few in the class. He said an interesting career super high high as he you know, was part of a championship team at Alabama, transferred out and went for a thousand yards a Central Florida one Big Twelve All Big Twelve player this past season. He's probably gonna go in the third round of the NFL draft, and I think he has This is gonna people are gonna hate this, but he's got an ability to have a career arc like a Stefan Diggs who was a fourth round pick after being a high, highly recruited prospect out of high school.
Speaker 1: I am going to take another wide receiver here. There's actually a handful of running backs. I still I'm quite interested in this range, but sort of like like what you're saying, Cody, I think this is the right range of rookie drafts to say, like, I just get the guy that you kind of want and that you're really interested to, not like play the game of oh yeah, this is the value, right, always going to get to my next pick or whatever I'm gonna take Malachai Corley just a skill set, is super fun to watch. He's the guy that I have been seeing a lot of people talk about as like more people need to be paying attention to this wide receiver, you know, you know, pretty much everywhere over social media lately. So I'm just gonna make sure that I get him. And you know, tackle breaker, just really fun, versatile guy. And I'm curious, Cody, what you think of that pick.
Speaker 2: This is the yak king right there, self proclaimed Yeah Kang. He's got a chain that says that he wore to the Senior Bowl. This guy's got some big mits he had over This is the statist. Is one of the most wild statistics I think of the whole process. He's got over twenty one hundred yards after catch, not twenty one receiving.
Speaker 5: Yards in total in his career.
Speaker 2: Yack yards doesn't even make English.
Speaker 5: He's a start.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be a second round pick in the NFL draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm feeling really good about that one. Bogman wrap up round two for us.
Speaker 4: I love that pick worm, you know, And there's a lot of these wide receivers to pick through, right and there's a lot of good ones and it's just what do you think the best skill is?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: For me, it's Ricky Pearsall and running routes and just being open and then even when he's not open, making those I mean, he had probably the best catching college football last year, that one hander that he reeled in with three guys draped all over him. He had an incredible season Pierce did at Florida. He's a crazy good route runner. I want to see him in Minnesota. I think if you put him in Minnesota in the slot where kg Osborne what like kJ Osborne and get the ball and fall down. He had I think zero missforce tackles, miss tackles forced all season. I think Pearsall is going to do a little bit more with the ball in his hands. And also even if he doesn't, he's already a good replacement for a guy like kJ Osborne in Minnesota. There's a lot of talent there, but they throw the ball so much. And look, get this out of your mind. Who cares about the Minnesota running back? As long as Kevin O'Connell's there. Just don't worry about who the Minnesota running back is. They're not going to be good. So is Dallan Cook has gone unless they spend a high draft pick on one, which they won't. They have too many needs that it's just it ain't It's like fetch, it ain't happening. So let's put another wide receiver, another dangerous wide receiver in this crew, and then you know you're less worried about who your quarterback is. You can be the Niners, right, you can be a team that has all the talent around the good quarterback. And that's what I think Minnesota would do. And that's just my dream is to see Ricky Piersall in Many.
Speaker 1: I'll give a quick round two recap here. We had Braylan Allen, Lad McConkie, Brian Thomas, bo Nicks, Keon Coleman, Michael Pennix, Junior Jatavian Sanders, Trey Benson, Bucky Irving, Javon Baker, Malachi Corley, and Ricky Piersall really interesting and pretty fun round Actually there, Actually we've got one round left here in our mock. Cody three to Zho one. Who you got.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the wide receiver position and I'm going to the Pacific Northwest to one of my favorite prospects in the class. Jalen Polk, you know, one hundred and eight targets this past year, fifteenth in the country, overshadowed by Romadunze, overshadowed by Jillen McMillan. I think he dominates between the five and fifteen yard of the line of scrimmage. He averaged sixteen point eight yards per reception this past year. I think he's going to be a guy that fits into an offense like an Adam Thielen. And I'm excited to get Polk here at the three oh one.
Speaker 1: Polk was going to be my pick here at the three zero two, so you snaked me on him. I totally agree, Like because of the offensive talent there, it's easy to not get as enamored as I think we maybe should be on Polk. I think he's really really good, and I think whichever NFL team gets him is going to be really happy with the pick. What do you think about Polk, Bogman.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love that pick, and I can tell you've been watching Spielman because I think Polk is a Spielman guy as well. But yeah, so many I think the more you dig in on these wide receivers and Polk is at you know, he's low on a lot of people's lists. You want to watch the Yak King before you watch you know, the guy who was second to Roma Dunza, right like you want to see Ricky Piersol has the highlight catches. Franklin and Thomas have some highlight catches like Polk didn't do a lot of that. But when you watch him, the dude is always open. He is smoking these PAC twelve corners constantly. So yeah, he's another guy where you look at this class and you just go, this is so unbelievably deep, this wide receiver class, and not just at the top, but also through the mid tier and all the talent in it. You know, I took Ricky Piersoll over him. That may be a gigantic mistake, but piersall had a solid season. So yeah, I mean Polk is very very good and like Cody said, very underrated as well.
Speaker 1: With the three zero two, I want to take one of these running backs. I'm not sure which the right one is, so I'll be really curious your guys reaction. We know that fits. Actually, if you check online, has Blake Korum as his RB one in the class. Currently there's a lot of healing for Jalen Right. I'm a personal, very big fan of Odric Estimate. I loved watching him at Notre Dame. I really like Marshawn Lloyd. I think I'm gonna go with Lloyd. He had a good performance at the Senior Bowl. I really liked him as a high school recruit, and I wanted him to go to Maryland. I didn't think it was likely he was going to because he's just too good, but you know, he was a local kid. I just really like the talent. I feel like he can do a lot of different things on the football field that I like. He's another person who I running back that I think could end up in a landing spot where he has a decent shot at east and volume here even as a rookie right off the bat so early in a round three, I like the value I will take Marshawn Lloyd. Tody, what do you think about that one?
Speaker 2: I love Marshall Lloyd Man. He had a great Senior bull was the best running back there. Pretty clear cut, his lower quarters a little lean. The calves are like so Byron Lambert works over very roster watch. He calls it the Darren McFadden Corlay where the lower court of the calves are a little skinny and they don't really match up with two and seventeen pound frame up top. But I think Marshawn runs hard. He was a little banged up in college, but he's been a guy that I wish you would have got a bigger workload so we could have saw what he looked like with two hundred and fifty carries, but we just didn' get to see it at South Carolina or USC. But I think it's a good area for him, and a lot of these running backs are going to come off the board here and I think he deserves to be one of them.
Speaker 4: Criminally underutilized in college, right, like big time recruit out of high school, like you said, goes to South Carolina under US then they bring in Rattler, so he's kind of in Ratler's shadow. He goes to US see and you think, oh, well, put him in the USC, put him in that offense. But I mean everything goes through Caleb and Austin Jones is great there too, so you know, yeah, underutilized for sure, but proved himself in the Senior Bowl and moved his stock.
Speaker 1: Way up Bob when here's your next pick.
Speaker 3: Gimme Korum. I got to stop the slide here.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should have done it where I took you know where I took Bucky Irving. Because Korum is he has proven.
Speaker 3: It on the field, right.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing is that when you look at some of these other guys are more impressive physically than Blake Korn because he is a smaller guy. But when you watch it, you know it's the essential. He's got that dog in him. He is not going down at first contact. He's pushing the pile. He is a small dude that plays like a large dude. He's a team captain, right. He's everything you want out of the position outside off. He's five to nine maybe five eight, and not five eleven and not twenty to thirty pounds heavier. So I think that we've had plenty of undersized guys coming to the NFL and light it up very ray Rice Ish Blake koram Is. I think that's probably the comp that a lot of people are gonna end up having with him, and he can be a guy that can carry the full workload. And honestly, I think he just goes back to Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers who are going to be looking for a running back in the later rounds. I think that's where he's gonna end up going. And I think Harbaugh is going to use him a lot like he did at Michigan a lot. So gimme Korum here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cody, where do you have Quorum ranked amongst your running backs? Because, like I said, Fitz who is not here today, does have him RB one, and yet he's going around three of our rookie draft here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is probably about the area. I have one more guy I.
Speaker 2: Would dig before Korum, but I think Quorum sits right in this five to six area as it stands out. Just a little Eterns twenty four this year, Like you mentioned, he's listed at five to eight. I've seen my fair sharer of guys listed five eight and come in at five to seven and a quarter and be, you know, two hundred and five pounds.
Speaker 5: Not really an elite pass catcher. He can do it.
Speaker 2: We saw him take a big workload in college. You know, people don't want to hear this comp but Chase Brown last year had a similar kind of go at it through college. I think Chase Brown runs equally as hard as Blake Quorum does. I think Korm will be successful in the NFL, but I just I don't feel as good about him and fantasy as I do about a number of these other guys.
Speaker 1: I think that's a yeah, fair assessment. Who do you got it to or see me? Three h four?
Speaker 2: So at three oh four is going to be that last running back that I prefer to have over him. There's gonna be a couple of question marks that get answered here at the NFL Combine this next week. Dylan Johnson, I'm gonna go back to Washington. Dylan Joshon showed us late in his career at Washington that he could take the workload. He burst it out against USC in a big game at the end of the year, finally crashing one thousand total rushing yards. In this guy's career, he has one hundred and seventy three receptions in a four year career at the running back position, which is ridiculous, averaged six yards per reception in his output there. I'm just looking for some value here in the in the late third round. This is one of my guys in the class, and there's a foot injury that's concerning, and we'll see what happens. Like I said this week, did they'll have a million MRIs done in Indianapolis and he'll be a number of those guys trying to get checked out. And I think he's just a late run running back that gets drafted late fourth early fifth the NFL Draft and can get plugged in as a immediate satellite guy and grow into a three down back.
Speaker 1: I'm going to at the three h five kind of plant my flag a bit again. I really like Audric Estima. I think that he's the type of running back where specifically in this class, I think he will have a role. And you, like there will be running backs in this class that will Philly roll for you. There's not going to be a lot of like do it all obviously RB one types like obviously like the Vijon Robinsons of like a year ago. I estimate is like five eleven, two thirty or something like that. Like he scored twenty nine touchdowns the last two seasons that Notre Dame. I think he will get usage in the red zone. I think he has more to his skill set than he was maybe even necessarily use that at Notre Dame. He's really fun for me to watch. He's also pretty young. He's not going to turn twenty one until September. I just really like Esima's game and in the middle of the third round, like, if I need a running back at all, I'm really happy with that bagman.
Speaker 4: You know what you go and you look at the mistackle force stat right from PFF and it's Jonathan Brooks and then it's Adric Estimate and it's you know, they're doing it for different reasons, right because Brooks is you know, it's like everything is playing with a song with him dancing in between the tackles and everything. Estimate is just running you down. He's running you over. You put out an arm, get out of here. You're not tackling him with an arm tackle. I Sam Monson I was listening to the other day and he said he's going to be the AJ Dillon replacement in Green Bay, And that is one of those that I cannot get out of my brain. He would be so good there backing up Aaron Jones in Green Bay and potentially scoring a lot of touchdowns from short yardage.
Speaker 1: So as I think that's a really good spot. I also really like the possibility of him, you know, Gus Edwards is a free agent just getting that role of like get into the end zone twelve times a year and kind of save Lamar a bit in Baltimore. I would love if he was, you know, a mid round pick for the Ravens too. I'm a big fan of his.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just any team that needs a running back I think would be good for him. But yeah, those those hulking like you know, you don't want to you don't want to risk that quarterback anymore. Put him on some of those teams, maybe even in San Francisco. You know, CMC starts to break a little bit, I think I'm up next, right, I'm gonna go Roman Wilson. I'm gonna stop the slide for him. Obviously, Roman had an enormous Senior Bowl, so good that he just quit practicing on Thursday. It was like, I'm good, I've raised my stock enough. I don't need to play. I don't need to practice. I'm all set. We're all good here, which is the smart thing to do. I don't know that he's going to test off the charts, which may push him down a little bit just in the process, because everyone is so good in this class that you know, It's like, what is the most impressive thing recently is probably going to be the thing that gets these guys drafted. So I do think he's a second third round pick. I know that he got pushed up into the first after the senior ball. I don't know if he is that guy, but again, a lot in a lot, like his teammate JJ McCarthy, there could be more made on the bone in terms of development for this guy because we just.
Speaker 3: Didn't see him.
Speaker 4: They didn't need him a lot the second half of fifty percent of the games, they weren't even throwing the ball at Michigan. So watching him a lot, seeing him make some acrobatic, impressive catches and be super impressive in this process, I think has raised his stock a lot. So I think he's going to go somewhere. I think he can be a Day one starter for an NFL team, And he's still on the board because wide receiver class is so elite this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kept looking at him and being like, I think I'll take someone else, but like considering him for the last number of picks here, it really is a ridiculous class. Cody the three oh seven. You are up.
Speaker 5: I was in the same boat.
Speaker 2: I kind of skipped over in the last two picks, and I really wanted to click the button. He was the last wide receiver inside of my top ten wide receivers in the class. I'm going to go running back though here at the three oh seven. This guy electricity flows through his veins in the open field. I just got done doing the write up over at rosterwatch dot com. He's going to turn twenty one years old. Just a few weeks before the draft. Jalen Wright, running back out of Tennessee. He was supposed to be down there at the Senior Bowl, was banged up, but he should be running at the NFL Combine and the rumors are he's gonna run four to three. So we'll see what happens, and we'll see if that vaults him up around. Because I've heard some people in the space talking about RB one, I'm not quite on that trajectory right now. I haven't seen it consistently enough. We haven't seen it really in the receiving game much at all. He said two career games with twenty plus touch and those were all carries, no receptions in those games.
Speaker 5: So Jillen right here, just on pure electricity. I'll take me at the end of the third.
Speaker 1: I have taken only running back so far in the third, and each time I consider Jalen Wright as well. I think that's a really fun one and a really good spot to get him. Bogman, what do you think about right?
Speaker 4: I think this is a good pick, and like, like you know, Cody said, here, it's you're you're drafting the trait and when you see this guy in the open field, it just go you know, it's a lot like I got enamored with Jalen Hyatt, maybe a little too enamored with Jalen Hyatt last season, because it's just that pure speed.
Speaker 3: Well, when you see it.
Speaker 4: It's it's so tantalizing and you can just see the possibilities of what you could do with a guy like this. So yeah, I mean, Jalen Wright is a very very solid pick and running back.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious to see the reaction to my next. Wait, I'm gonna take Malik Washington just like an electric guy to watch. I know he's shorter, but just this, I mean the sad one hundred and ten catches last year fourteen hundred yards nine touchdowns. Again, just like the eye test, I just really like watching him play. And again I think there's a role for him, you know, on a team that's going to use him the right way. Cody, what do you think of Washington?
Speaker 5: I love Malik.
Speaker 2: Washington showed up very well at the Shrine Bowl this year. I was down there live watching that. He forced thirty five miss tackles in twenty twenty three to go along with over fifty percent of those yards coming after the catch. He's not going to be respected in the in the high conversations in this class, but he's one of those guys like I talked about, it's deep, and he's going to be in that you know, sixteen seventeen, eighteen nineteen conversation. And he doesn't deserve to be in sixteen seventy eighteen nineteen. He deserves to be closer to ten eleven twelve. But it's just the art of the class and his size at five to eleven, you know, one hundred and ninety pounds. It's it's not ideal, it's Damara Douglas esque, but he's a really, really good wide receiver in the.
Speaker 3: Slot, bicker than a hiccup.
Speaker 4: Quicker than a hiccup, right that, that's the the old you know, put him in a phone both gonna be a great three cone drill guy for sure. Just a guy that is so good at creating his own space with someone in his hip pocket and still making the catch. A very impressive player, Milake Washington. Very probably slot specific, you know, which can for fantasy lower your value a little bit than a guy that can move in and out and all that stuff. Probably not an end zone threat either, but a guy that makes his own space and is going to be a high possession guy if he gets the opportunities.
Speaker 3: So I do like Milike Washington a lot.
Speaker 1: Who are you going with next?
Speaker 3: Oh man?
Speaker 4: I am so torn at this spot, But we can't go through a fantasy draft and not get Ray Davis in here. So just to make sure I think I have one more pick, maybe I could have picked him there. I don't know that he would have lasted with you sharks in here with me. But Ray Davis one of the best stories in this class, of course. But I don't even give a crap about his story. Watch him on the field. He's unbelievable. He is a hard runner, and another guy in this class that can do pretty much anything you want him to do a little undersized, maybe you don't want him to get run over and pass block or whatever. But a dude that is going to run between the tackles, follow blockers, get every open thing that he can and push the pile. He could catch the ball out of the backfield as well. You know, the motor is relentless, team leader type. Just so much good about Ray Davis that he has to go in here because I don't think that there's a team that he could go to and not make an impact for So Ray Davis one of my favorites in the class. Although the running backs aren't good, there are good players here at the end and giving us some excellent values down here.
Speaker 1: I probably would have taken him with my last pick, so not there was not a risk of him not going, but good, I think it was a good pick. Vy you, Cody, we each have one pick left. Who you got at three ten.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna take Ray because I love getting him in the fourth round, so hope, I'm glad I'm not needing any leagues with you as I don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 5: So hopefully I can get him in the fourth. But I like Ray.
Speaker 2: I wish I like him when he's at Vanderbilt. I really wish he wasn't, you know, about to turn twenty five years old, because I think, you know, the conversation would be of him. There's seven dudes in the RB one conversation this year. I think he'd be the eighth if he was maybe twenty one and that twenty five. But I think Ray Davis is interesting. We're at the spot here, I'm at three ten where I see about four dudes I want to say their name, but only one I believe deserves it, and it's a guy that has been getting shunned over the last couple of years out of Clemson, the running back Will Shipley. I think this guy's going to translate just fine.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Say the expectations were placed too high on him going into Clemson, just saying this is the next McCaffrey, but that's really what happened, and just kind of the build and what happened at Clemson kind of kind of suppressed him, I would say, just a little bit. I think he ends up being a late fourth, early fifth round guy in the NFL Draft. My latest mock mock draft four point zero over at rosterwatch dot com. I actually had these guys going back to back, Ray Davis going to the Ravens and Will Shipley going to the Chiefs to close out round four. I think Shipley would be a great compliment to a checkout type of a player, good in the receiving game and PPR monster ability if he can grow into a role.
Speaker 1: Now with the three eleven Bogman, I'm scrolling through the quarterbacks, I don't see Tealia Tunguevailoa. Is there a reason that he didn't include him? As I I only put guys that were invited to the combedy, So I'm kidding, of course, although he is the all time passing leader in the Big Ten history, maybe put a little more respect on Maryland's name. You mentioned Cody that you thought we might see one more quarterback go. I'm not sure who you were referring to specific I'm going to take Spencer Rattler. There's It's not a pick I really particularly love. It's more just I want to talk about him because he's somebody who at one point in time was considered, you know, potential number one overall pick. You know, definitely an up and down career, arguably more down than up. You know, at Oklahoma and of course South Carolina, definitely some physical talent there. You will find people that you can talk to that do like Rattler, you know, a decent amount, probably even more so than I do. Like I said, it's not really a pick that I'm like jumping for joy over, but I want to bring him up because I want to talk about one more quarterbacks. So Couldie, what do you think about Rattler?
Speaker 5: I think that's the guy. He did quite a bit to grow at the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 2: He's been a guy that again people always want to point back the Netflix thing, and you know, he's a you know what he is right off the field, but he's grown quite a bit. He showed what he could do early on at Oklahoma, and then when he turned from to South Carolina, I was like, Oh, this guy's going to be in a rut, and he's just year by. He's been stacking days, he's stacking games, stacking years, and I think he's in a good spot now to walk into a team. And I'm not saying he's going to get an opportunity on day one. But I think he's going to get an opportunity to sit as a number two in twenty twenty four, and I think that's going to only continue to help his career.
Speaker 5: Arc.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of Spenser Rounder.
Speaker 1: Bogman, who you wrapping us up with. I'm not so Ratler, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing is, and I already know where he's going just if you, guys, I mean put everything on him going to Denver, Right, who has worked with a short quarterback before and turned him into one of the best of all time.
Speaker 3: It's Sean Payton.
Speaker 4: So I was doing I was doing a mock draft the other day and I got to Denver in the first and I was like, well, they can't do it here. But I think I think Rattler I'm not that crazy. I think Rattler is the guy that goes to Denver and if they don't make a big signing or a big splash, he is the starter by the end of the year for that team, right, And for him, the question is about maturity. Again, I don't give a crap. He was eighteen. Who wasn't a little jerk when they were eighteen and in high school? Especially if you have that much fame, you have a camera crew filming your dinner with your family, you know what I mean. Of course, the guy was dripping with way too much confidence, right, got humbled at Oklahoma, he lost his starting gig. He went to South Carolina. The one thing I think he lost at South Carolina was a little bit of that gun slingerness. He would not put the ball in danger at all. I think he needs to uncork it a little bit. I think someone needs to say to him, look, man, you have all the skill, he has the arm strength, right, he can make every throw. Make it, try to put it in there. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But I mean, you got to put it up for grabs instead of you know, there are a couple games who were losing by like three touchdowns. He's not putting the ball up for grabs late. I'm like, what are you doing. You have to at least try if you throw the pick whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Sure, you know in the stat line it doesn't look good for this type of stuff, But come on, you got to put it up. So I just think he needs a little more confidence. I think he needs someone to build him up. And I think he'll get it if he goes to Denver and Sean Payton. I think that is just my like dream landing scenario for him just to be right. Since I said two more quarterbacks, I'll take Michael Pratt with my last pick here. And I do like Michael Pratt and he's kind of you know, he's the opposite of Spencer Rattler right like, he is big, he has the arm strength he has. He looks like a quarterback where Ratler is a little bit smaller frame. He's got a lot of experience starting at two lane, but he's developmental because of the competition that he faced. He didn't face complicated defenses. He went up and beat those guys up. I think when you saw him play against some higher level competition, he had some questions. So I think Michael Pratt very good quarterback, very good developmental QB, and he has all these great traits. I think he's going to get drafted higher than people expect. And you know one of those spots where you're kind of there's so many teams looking for a quarterback, but teams that are kind of questioning, you know, New Orleans, maybe Minnesota, what's going on in New England. You know what I mean, This could be your Kirk Cousins where you take RG three and you take Michael Pratt too, because you've got nobody else on your roster, and this is the guy that ends up starting for you. So I think Michael Pratt is going to go. We're in a super flex qbs are worth more. So let's take a shot here at the end of the third wrapping up round three Jalen fulk Markshawn Lloyd, Blake Korum, Dylan Johnson, Rodrick Estimate of Rome and Wilson, Jalen Wright, Malik Washington, Ray Davis, will Shipley and s Spencer Rattler and then Michael Pratt wrapping things up. Just looking at this positionally, we had eight quarterbacks, eleven running backs, two tight ends. Every other pick was a wide receiver, so again speaks to the depth of the wide receiver position in this class. Cody, is there anybody that stands out to you that you're a little, maybe a little surprised didn't get drafted. I mean, only the two tight ends I'm intrigued by, like a Theo Johnson or jahem Bell, but not in you know, the first three rounds probably I'm not. You know, no Tesz Walker, No Johnny Wilson, know Zevier Lagett. Who stands out to you as you thought they would go and they didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm bassed with you.
Speaker 2: None of these guys really stand out that I think should have went. I think Exavier Laguette had some conversations where he would have if you would have shown out at the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 5: Davonte's Walker.
Speaker 2: I think this is going to be a learning thing for a lot of people where we're coming to the process. A lot of people were mocking him around one of the NFL Draft. He's still sitting here on the board going into round four. Probably my next pick, though, would have been Taj Washington from usc BO.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think anybody surprise you? No.
Speaker 4: I wish I could have taken Videll. If this was a little deeper, I would have taken Kamani Videll. I just love watching him play and breaking all those tackles and everything. I think he's very good talent. I like Thrash Walker, of course Fell, and I like Brendan Rice. I think more than a lot of people do as well. It's an unbelievable contested catch guy Brennan Rice is for sure. I mean he's not his dad, and don't expect that. I think that's absurd. Yeah, so you know, but he is. He is a very very good wide receiver. And Laguette and Walker all falling. I mean, I don't know, you know, Walker is so talented. I don't know if he falls as far. But there's so many good wide receivers that if you don't you don't have a good showing in this process, you are going to drop. Doesn't mean you can't be a good NFL player, but because there's so much down in this class, you know, you falter a little bit and you go from you know, being in that first round conversation he was like in the mix with Brian Thomas and Troy Franklin and all those guys before, and now he's not even being drafted ahead of Pierce Solid and a lot of these guys. So yeah, just a big fall is a little surprising him and Laget coming in smaller and also not having a good Senior Bowl week. You can just tell, you know, when you're splitting hairs, they get they get split pretty big when there's this much talent. So the combine is gonna separate these guys even more. You're gonna see even more tiny hair separations and some guys surging and falling in that process as well.
Speaker 1: Couldy. We'll get out of here in a second, but just quickly. Any final kind of overall thoughts in the class as we head into the combine here.
Speaker 2: I think you just take advantage of this wide receiver class. Next year's running back class is loaded, and I think in super flex, of course you're gonna get your quarterbacks early. And just a reminder as you watch us get through all of these picks, if you do have those early picks, it's okay to take quarterbacks over receiver because the depth here, you'll be able to double trip, double or triple tap the wide receiver position later and feel really good about walking away. Like you guys said, with a Lad McConkey, with a Javon Baker, with a Brendan Rice, you know, get a multitude of these guys that have ability in the NFL and you'll be happy.
Speaker 1: He is Cody Carpenter from Roster Watch, Thank you so much for joining us today, Cody filling in for fits. Thank you everybody for tuning in making it through all the way this mock draft for Cody and Bogman. I am Ryan Warmley. We'll see you again next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros At. Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros