Speaker 1: Get an ice pack ready, because we're all about to get punched in the face with our Hero of the Week Jeff's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. In today's hero is a convenience store owner from Tacoma, Washington named Naif Quatsman. He was working behind the cash register last week when at around eight pm, a guy came up to the counter, held up a knife and said, listen, this is a hold up.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this video is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 4: It went viral.
Speaker 1: He demanded all the money from the cash register if you didn't see it, but Naif didn't panic. Instead, he calmly says, that's not a knife. This is a knife and pulls out a giant machete.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's huge.
Speaker 4: It's like probably three feet long, just laying next to the register.
Speaker 1: So Naif starts waving the machete at the robber and the thief stumbles backwards. Then reaches into his backpack and pulls out a Samurai sword.
Speaker 2: Wait, who's got throwing stars?
Speaker 4: Just kidding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the suspect with the machete an He waited for the police to arrive, but it would have been funny if they had gone back and forth, I got a grenade.
Speaker 2: Just a full cannon comes out of the back.
Speaker 1: So there's a longer story to this. Basically, the robber escapes because NIAF's wife gets in the middle of it, ends up getting caught by the authority.
Speaker 4: Like she interrupted this, she did she felt bad for the robber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, she was like, I'm worried that he's gonna get hurt, so she steps in front. Robber gets away, ends up getting caught by the authorities, is brought to jail.
Speaker 4: He gets released the.
Speaker 1: Same day, goes back to the convenience store to threaten Naif, and at that point Naif's son and his friends tackle him and keep him in the market till the cops arrive and arrest him.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Guys, I keep telling you, yeah, what an idiot. His son and his son's friends are Hero of the Week honors, just edging out our own digital Jake for the shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 4: Where's your machete? Jake?
Speaker 3: I lost to the quad knife Guys again, you.
Speaker 1: Know it's okay, just give us some trivia and we'll forgive you.
Speaker 3: Well, they say, the quickest way to instantly double your money is to rob a bank.
Speaker 2: Okay where we were just at.
Speaker 3: However, I have checked with several lawyers and most of them told me it's not legal. Probably don't attempt that. If you were thinking about the next fastest way to increase your wealth is to buy a professional sports team. Michael Jordan did it. Michael B. Jordan did it. Now we're just waiting on Brooks husband. Michael, He'll jump into the owner. He would love that and to help inspire Michael Fox. Today, you're gonna need to name the top twenty most valuable sports teams on Earth in a substantial financial edition of Polenti of twenty Oh this is NU. We're gonna start with the closest thing we have to a real athlete on the show. I say that with quotes. That's Alexis. I mean I immediately go to Messi and who he plays for. Yeah, I know the.
Speaker 2: Miami, but I don't if it'd be like old like PSG or Barcelona.
Speaker 3: Like that one of his other ones. That's where I'm torn on which it would be. But PSG has These are.
Speaker 4: Soccer teams that you're talking. Yeah, you're in the whole world.
Speaker 3: I feel like they've got to be on there.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely on pot.
Speaker 3: I'll go like PSG Jake, Paris and Germaine is not in the top twenty. It's around twenty eight or twenty nine. He does. But there's a lot of NFL teams, a couple soccer, couple.
Speaker 1: Basketball, no cricket teams on there.
Speaker 3: We'll see Joff Okay, Brook Europe next, think of think of large markets. Yeah, he's with a lot of history.
Speaker 2: Okay, I am gonna go really rabid fan base. We're gonna say Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Oh, Dallas Cowboys. Brook their number one on my list, number nine billion dollars of last time.
Speaker 2: We can tell you, I'm gonna need that silver safe.
Speaker 3: Good here, great use of it. Let's go to Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take inspiration from Brook on this because she's always going online and calling herself a proud Patriot, always.
Speaker 3: Like a capital PA.
Speaker 1: I assume I assume that she's talking about the football team. Yeah, so let me show me the New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: The New England Patriots number four on my last case.
Speaker 4: Brook, keep cheering them.
Speaker 3: Mind, all those Super bowls are worth of value. There weren't seven billion dollars Wow, Jose, biggest sports fan in the room, You're up next. I'm gonna play it safe and say the New York Yankees. New York Yankees number two on my list, seven point one billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go back to football, and I think the only team that's like owned by the fans, We're gonna say the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 3: The Green Bay Packers are in the thirties. No, they're not in the top twenty.
Speaker 2: The fans are not doing a good job making that much terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brook, Yeah, you're silver saved though, so you're still in it. Okay, back to Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go with a team that was literally named after rich people digging up gold.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the.
Speaker 3: San Francisco for the forty nine Ers are number fourteen on my list, six billion dollars worth of worth.
Speaker 2: I like, how you picture forty nine ers being rich people digging up the suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their masters too.
Speaker 4: They took off their monocle so they wouldn't get dirt on. They were practical, and I put my top hatch back on. Read a history book.
Speaker 3: You'll see pose three, five, six, seven. Most of the boards still there for you.
Speaker 4: Ja, gimme Dodgers.
Speaker 3: The Los Angeles Dodgers did not make the top twenty.
Speaker 4: Wow does that mean I just win? No, I'm still in it, bro.
Speaker 2: Oh dang it.
Speaker 3: Here in the twenties, they're in between twenty and thirty on there. Yes, the lowest number on my list is five point two billion. The Dodgers are just under five billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Like mind blowing?
Speaker 3: Brook?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean I feel like we're leaving out hockey right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't I would, I would read hockey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, wonting is like a Knick shirt just because it's cute.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: No, I think with NBA before any of them, you have to go La Lakers.
Speaker 3: Yeap, Los Angeles Lakers number fifteen on the list. Zive point nine billion dollars. Jeffrey, Well, now, let's see.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking the biggest cities have the biggest markets and the most money to put towards their team. So I'm going Chicago.
Speaker 4: Give me the Bears.
Speaker 3: The Bears. The Bears number seven on the list, six point three billion dollars. The NFL runs everything back to Brook.
Speaker 2: A god, Okay, if we're gonna do big cities again. How about Miami Heat.
Speaker 3: The Miami Heats, it did not make the top twenties, So proud. That means that Jeffrey is our winner today. Here's some of the teams you guys missed a new stadium recently. The Golden State Warriors were number three at seven billion. Los Angeles Rams another new stadium six point nine billion. The New York Giants were number six at six point eight the Las Vegas Raiders, the Knicks, the Jets. Real Madrid was the highest ranked soccer teams. The Commanders recently sold for six point five billion. Manchester United, the Philadelphia Eagles, Miami Dolphins made the list. Brook not off the Heat, Barcelona, the Houston Texas. Number twenty was Liverpool, the soccer team that was plenty of twenty.
Speaker 1: Since I lasted the longest, I'm gonna choose who get shot today.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be singing crazy.
Speaker 1: My Narls Barkley and I have to give it to the woman who besmirched the good name of proud forty nine ers everywhere Hoop Fox.
Speaker 3: I'll remember, I'll remember when I lost my.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do a phone tap in just a few minutes
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,