Speaker 1: Breadfist club, breakfast clubs, very very very very big, you know, changing the entire scene and culture.
Speaker 2: Where y'all came along was.
Speaker 3: They might not watch the news, but you know they're listening to the.
Speaker 4: Brother just DJ MVY just hilarious and Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 2: Y'all all like aninga for the club. That's how we got out the.
Speaker 1: Good morning in the USA.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess hilarious, Good morning, Charlamagne the Guy. Piece to the planet is Monday.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's Monday. Back to the work week. Good morning man, another week to serve. What's happening? How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 2: I feel good?
Speaker 1: Feel good for really good.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: Today was easier getting to work. Oh yes, I saw that. How was your weekend? It was good? I like relaxed, cooked a lot, I went in and got in a gym on the treadmill, dist squats. Laura is killing me, and I watched a lot of TV TV TV.
Speaker 5: You're not working out too much, okay, because you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I wasn't doing anything up until now, and I started and I'm like, no, I can't do that, Like I have to start working out. But I'm you know, I'm gonna always be tired. So it's like I might as well just work out to be more tired.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm very well read. I had a very RESTful weekend. I did nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I went to a Shreve Sport, Louisiana.
Speaker 5: Sport I think street spot. I thought was stre You forgot to be Shreve Sport.
Speaker 7: You know, he's just putting an extra ass and it's just Streeport. Okay, that's what I did. So I didn't know that Shreve Sport. Uh, they used to film a lot of movies there, like Olympus is following. They shot so many movies. And then I guess what happened was when when the may when one of the mayors came in, they started texting Hollywood to shoot there. So everybody left. Uh so now there's a new mayor there that is open to shooting. So fifty said opened up the built this nine hundred and eighty thousand square foot place to just shoot movies and TV there. So he started He's about to open that up and launch that. So he has so many things and works out there, so he wanted me to go check it out. And so you see so many different things. It's like, if you would, I would say married Detroit and Atlantic City minus the drugs. So it's very old. A lot of casinos, no it is. That's what it felt like with the old casinos. It felt like that with you know when Detroit was had like a lot of the abandoned buildings and before Dan Gilbert built it up.
Speaker 1: That's what it feels like for no drugs and street port.
Speaker 6: I ain't going in that don't sound like fun.
Speaker 2: Not like that.
Speaker 7: Like you know in Atlantic City you see crackheads all over the place a lot of times, but not not in Louisiana. It's it's it's a lot of black people with a lot of pride, with a lot of black owned businesses, a lot of black owned restaurants. And it was a great, great experience. Yea yeah, a little bit like New Orleans, great food. Had a great experience, a great time. I went so many different places. Solute to everybody, shout spoil everybody out there. Appreciate you guys for having me this weekend and today is well, first of all. Drews Kid is joining us this morning. This morning, and see you will to talk about a number of things. I'm sure Drewski's got a lot of things going on. And today is Erica Badus Born Day. Yes, the great Erica b dude dropping the clues bombs for Erica Bard dropping the clues bombs for the Queen.
Speaker 1: So we let's start to show us America about dam I'm not mad at that. How you doing, bro?
Speaker 7: I just wan, I've seen the Wendy Williams two documentary. I'm just asking how you do it because I've seen it and I know you used to work for I'm just asking.
Speaker 1: I don't work for her in two thousand and six, so you don't have feelings.
Speaker 2: So I did and we never did so.
Speaker 5: Got the documentary covers the last few years of her life. I was not a part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you cry? No?
Speaker 8: I did not.
Speaker 2: Okay I did you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I do not in any way, shape or fourth from the back, no front, I don't side, No, I did not. I think that we should send uh people healing energy because you know, dementia is something that can happen to anybody anytime, So anybody out there that's saying silly things like that's karma. I don't think health issues are karma people, all right. I don't know why we even say stupid things like that. Anybody can be impacted with health issues.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll talk about it more and Jess with the mess, but what Eric about do Joey playing?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 2: We got read.
Speaker 5: I'm serious about my It's just the one that everybody I know. I wanted to start with the healer, but I don't know if we got the healing.
Speaker 6: It's just the hell.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get the heal on at some point this morning. Okay, it's the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club coome ONR.
Speaker 6: Yes, I want Erica records all morning.
Speaker 5: So any record that we play a thousand times a week that we play at the same time every morning, we're gonna bump that to play some.
Speaker 1: Of Eric about due, Okay because it is her birthday.
Speaker 2: That's right. If you just joined us, that's right.
Speaker 1: Morning we are to Breakfast Club the ej m V.
Speaker 7: Just Hilary Charlamagne to God, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tars, good morning dj V, Good morning, my good sister, Jests, and good good mornings.
Speaker 1: Let's jump right into it. Let's say rest in peace.
Speaker 3: Eric Mays a loss serving as the first War councilman since twenty thirteen. Eric May is a political lightning rode who represented some of the city's most poorest people.
Speaker 10: Died at the age of sixty five.
Speaker 3: Now he leaves a legacy behind the fearless, apathy in your face politics and a common touch that ring true with voters who elected him three times to represent their city in Flint and a lot of pope people remember him from you know, being on TikTok and you know a lot of his in council meetings all over Twitter, Instagram, really really popular on social media.
Speaker 10: Take a listen to what he said about making it into heaven.
Speaker 9: See, I want to make it to heaven. I tried my best to tell the truth. People don't like my style how I taught my delivery. But you ain't catching me in half truth and lie. Not running no municipal government.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so he will truly be missed.
Speaker 3: I had an opportunity to meet him working on the flat water crisis, and just interviewed him last year on Straight Shot No Chasers. So he talks about how he's able to be that boat and still keep me seat and base. He was saying, and b as long as you're doing right by the people, you can say whatever you want to say. You know, we hear a lot of people say I can't say that if I get elected. I can't say this if I get elected. He made it very clear that you can say whatever you want to say if you're elected, if you're doing right by the people, that's the key.
Speaker 6: I agree wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 1: We're definitely rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you wanted to jump into the AT and T outage stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I just wanted to give a confirmation on that. You know, we were dealing with that in real time last week. You and I have AT and T, and I wanted to give a follow up on there. The AT and T said that it was not a cyber attack. They believed that the outerish was caused by application and execution of incorrect process as they're expanding the network. They said the places that were most effected were Houston, Atlanta, Miami, and Chicago. And they sent an apology text one day and then the next text they said they were adding the credit.
Speaker 10: Did you get those texts?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got the credit. Credit was for five dollars. They said that gotta be kidneys. They said that was the average course of somebody's service a day, so they gave everybody five dollars.
Speaker 5: See, I did be grateful for that five hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know what I learned, I don't know what you learned from. And but how de pendent we are on our phones. I was out traveling in the city that I'm not familiar with. I couldn't pull up my maps, you know, my Apple maps to get to where I needed to go. I had to I had to pull over to buy Exfinity hotspot.
Speaker 10: So it costs me more than five dollars, you know, to be out. So I just thought that was interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the same with me because I use ways a lot that get me around the city to make sure there's no traffic or whatever may be.
Speaker 1: So I couldn't use that for the day, which wasn't too bad.
Speaker 7: But the biggest thing is when I'm traveling and I can't use my phone, I'm concerned about my kids if something that there's an emergency, they just can't get in touch with me.
Speaker 1: But that was the most concerning.
Speaker 5: But that's why y'all need to watch Leave the World Behind. Remember Leave the World Behind?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do remember that.
Speaker 1: Because that's the three step theory. The first thing that they do.
Speaker 5: Is, uhhes attack your technology. Yes, what it is isolation and uh what they call it in the movie isolation and uh yeah, isolation. So they take away your technology and they take away your trans petation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Crazy.
Speaker 5: You don't know where the hell you at. You don't know how to get around, and you ain't got no where to get.
Speaker 2: That crazy, especially a person like me moving up here, Like I literally didn't know where I was at.
Speaker 3: I had to keep getting on the highway, circling back around and pull over. I kept pulling over a McDonalds. Shout out to McDonald's. We having free Wi Fi. So every time I would see a McDonald's, I would pull over and reset my that McDonald's McDonald's.
Speaker 5: And then I want the record to show that Barack Obama executive executive produced Leave the World Behind, so he might be trying to tell us something.
Speaker 2: The Obamas bi Obamas, Yes.
Speaker 5: Rock and literally the first step to the system shutting down is isolation, where they shut down the nation's communication and transportation methods. This ensures that no one has any way to spread information about what's going on, and essentially traps everyone within their own geological locations and states of hopelessness and confusion.
Speaker 7: That's how all your AT and T customers felt last week. Yes we did, all right, well that is front page news. What we got next hour with is oh man, we.
Speaker 2: Got a lot.
Speaker 10: Donald Trump wins South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Kiy Hala says she's not going no damnwhere, and also Trump said the black people relate to his monk shot.
Speaker 10: So we'll get into that.
Speaker 7: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight un drink five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open again. Eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. She call eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: DJ King Cannon Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: What's up? Kids?
Speaker 11: I want to say, man at T, I could kiss my black foodie.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying I do ride shit. It's no way you telling me that five dollars is what I'm gonna make it sixty seven hours of my my maps being down. No wait, no, no way, that doesn't even add up.
Speaker 7: Well, they didn't care about what you lost. They just said that's the average daily price. That's why they gave five dollars.
Speaker 12: That was their thing.
Speaker 11: They gotta come up with some of this money because when it's time to pay the bills, they're gonna say, we need all of us.
Speaker 13: So I so I need a little more than five.
Speaker 2: Back, man.
Speaker 5: That wouldn't make more sense right making for them to add up how much I guess it costs hourly for however long it was down to just give people one hundred dollars break off their next bill or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe, but I guess they gotta figure out because not every AT and T customer law service, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how they would do this.
Speaker 5: And they know we slaves of these devices anyway, so y'all ain't gonna do nothing but complain. Y'all ain't gonna do they could They could make your bill go up five dollars this month just because and y'all gonna.
Speaker 2: Pay it, because y'all love that goddamn grant so much. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 15: This is Megan for sharping.
Speaker 2: Megan four three good morning.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Well, I just want to say that when you were even went to commercial, you're saying that Trump said that black people should have but they.
Speaker 10: To him faith on his mouth shot.
Speaker 15: It kind of like maybe feel some top of way because I'm like sarcasts are always saying how we should like stop projected racist, but then like they turn out to.
Speaker 16: Say stuff like, okay, we'll let the record show.
Speaker 5: He didn't say that about the mug shot. He said that about the mug shot previously. This time he was saying that about his criminal charges. So he said these things.
Speaker 15: Either way, it's still you're you're trying to associate the negativity with black vis.
Speaker 5: I'm just you know, I want you to keep the right list though the list. Hello, who's this lated incident?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 13: My name is Kelvin.
Speaker 2: Hey Kelvin, Hey, how y'all doing? How you doing? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, NV, I just want to let you know it's three port dropped. It is boss man, It's no, it's and there It's only one instance the beginning and it's called Shreeport.
Speaker 5: You're trying to tell them, Okay, Shreveport. I got you, Thank you, brother, that's your question. Yes, sir, is there drugs and street fort No.
Speaker 1: I didn't say there wasn't drugs.
Speaker 13: Plenty of drugs and street Port and a lot of shooting too. I said, Millennial Studios, it's been around Paul Mooney and everybody used to you know, Paul Mooney from Streetport. Everybody used to shoot the Millennium Studios back in the day, way back in the gap. That studio being around for years. But you know they, like you said about the Mari and everything like that, they stopped, you know, shooting there and everything like that. But now revamping it, bringing it back, ye, rebuilding it all this good jazz.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I didn't say it wasn't drugs.
Speaker 7: I just said in Atlantic City there's a lot of crackheads walking around, a lot of druggies, and I didn't see that in the Treetsport.
Speaker 13: Right, you're right about that. Now we don't have a bunch of crackheads like this. They getting there, but you know it.
Speaker 2: Ain't well, thank you.
Speaker 7: Kelvin had a good time out there, man, and the restaurants were amazing.
Speaker 1: Man, that gumbo, Oh man, so good baby.
Speaker 13: Them black folks be cooking, don't they?
Speaker 2: What you listen?
Speaker 6: What station?
Speaker 9: Knew?
Speaker 6: You listen to us on the street for me?
Speaker 2: Not on down now?
Speaker 6: Were not?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm just tune in every morning and listen to y'all on the one.
Speaker 6: Okay, only in.
Speaker 1: New ors Yeah, only in New Orleans.
Speaker 7: I went to that restaurant right by the water that that I think the family owned that that business for like one hundred and three years.
Speaker 1: Oh Orlando.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, oh man, that was so ga there, yes, sir, they he goes down.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. I have a good one. Brother.
Speaker 5: Somebody put us on light right, yah, think that's right, sleuthed. Everybody was at Q ninety three in New Orleans. Put us on the street, report.
Speaker 7: Though, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Ray right, ray, yo, Charla, man, yaffy, what up are wely?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: I gotta indoor pool, door pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club get.
Speaker 13: On the phone right now.
Speaker 12: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We live. Hello.
Speaker 9: Who's this yo?
Speaker 17: It's the breakfast Club. Beg guy, big chocolate, the toe sucker. Yo. Just hilarious. Welcome to the show. I gotta say you're very cute, sister. You gotta start wearing hooker boots in the studio.
Speaker 8: And what do you think.
Speaker 17: About Nick Canning flying on this plane?
Speaker 18: Yo?
Speaker 8: Well, we'll just scrappers are riding on a try to tack you bus. You know what I'm say, smell at each other's stinky feet?
Speaker 2: What are you talking? What are you talking about?
Speaker 9: What you baby?
Speaker 17: You got one? You got to stop wearing them high heel hookah boots on the show them yellow hooka boots. I see you on TV. And what do you think about Nick Cannon on a plane and all these real rappids on some stinky foot push?
Speaker 2: Bye pretty much?
Speaker 19: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 8: It's French.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: Hey man, I just don't want to take a more than everybody first, but uh, I just want to get off my chest at So my girl decided that she was trying to move to Atlanta. We both from on Off Maryland. So we moved to Atlanta last year.
Speaker 8: I guess just because she.
Speaker 17: Wanted me to to do what she can messing with.
Speaker 16: So we out there. She had cheer on me or Valentine's they setting up hand little cute while at working and burn my damn house down.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. I don't believe cheated on you and she burns your house down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 6: What did you do?
Speaker 2: I was saying, now, what you do for her to burn the house down?
Speaker 8: They was like in Camels.
Speaker 16: I guess that man mistaking something.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I can't help be there.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 2: Hello, who is this yo?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 8: This is and I want to I want to comment on the power out.
Speaker 2: I got, brother, get off his chest.
Speaker 8: Listen right. I'm gonna tell everybody what to be doing. Man. They should be buying military grade boots if it especially if you live in New York. If you live in New York, you need to buy it now. Man, you need to get first of all New York's island. You need to get on land New Jersey. Make your way downside. They hit the first thing they gonna do is they gonna hit the financial market. Man, They're gonna hit the financial market. Man, they're gonna do the MP and it's really gonna be trouble York.
Speaker 19: That's why.
Speaker 6: That's why I tell people keep cash on them all the time.
Speaker 8: Man, who you telling us to? As I get paid, I go straight to the ATM.
Speaker 1: Keep a little cash in the house all the time.
Speaker 8: All the time, cash and gold man to get you through.
Speaker 6: He's not lying.
Speaker 1: Haven't do it, So there's nothing he's lying about. Stop buying maps and buy military gret boots.
Speaker 5: Yes, because you know, here's the thing, And this is why I love being raised in being born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. There was a time where we knew how to get around without all of this technology. You should never lose that. If you come from we already lost it. If you come from the country where I come from, you should know how to fish. You should know how to grow your own food. You should know how to hunt. Because when everything hits the fan and you know you can't call Uber Eats to eat, how you're going to survive when you don't know, when you don't have your phone to be able to get around, how you going to how you're going to navigate?
Speaker 2: You know, through this society, and that is exactly why Chris is big on that. And Chris teaches my son how to do that like fish and grow food, and we got a lot of land and talking about bunkers talking to him about all of that type of stuff.
Speaker 5: So y y'a should even before leave the world behind. But leave the world behind really does.
Speaker 1: Show you how to perspective right.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 6: Step one is isolation. Step two is synchronized chaos.
Speaker 5: Step three in civil war because when we won't the third part is the most important, because when civilians don't have a clear enemy, they will naturally.
Speaker 1: Turn on each other. Of course, they will naturally turn on.
Speaker 2: You see that. They show that in the movie as well. But that happens right now even without all that going on.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 5: Think about COVID. It took two weeks for this whole system to shut down. I don't even think it was two might have been less than two weeks. This whole system needed to bail out within two weeks. Man, they can, Man, this is too easy for these people.
Speaker 7: Get it off your chest. Eight undred five eight five one oh five one on one. We got just with the mess coming up, were we.
Speaker 2: Talking, guess we'll we're breaking down. Where's Wendy the documentary?
Speaker 7: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the breakfast slug of Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning Everybody.
Speaker 7: It's teen j n V, Jess, Celariy Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Back to the work week, Good morning, welcome back on this Monday.
Speaker 1: And let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 9: This real.
Speaker 20: Rober lords don't do just is gonna bring you.
Speaker 12: Stock.
Speaker 2: So I got to watch the whole four part whereas Wendy documentary, and I just I have a lot of questions. I watched it on Amazon Prime. It's actually on Amazon Prime, thank you, but letting me know that what on what my Samsung eighty five inch? So thank you. Don't play with men, okay, I play with me a clown and he will be a clown. So this documentary and it took me. It was like a roller coaster of emotions that I went through watching it, because you just don't know who plays a part, who doesn't, he's genuine, who's not like it is in its speculations, like like we said last week, it started off as her comeback story, and then I watched it and it just seems like her downfall story, and she's very aware, then unaware, then unaware as hell, and then aware. So she's in and out. And they gave clarity to a lot of things that a lot of people been wondering. We have audio from DJ Booth what he actually.
Speaker 21: Explained Kevin's infidel. He had a huge impact on Wendy. You know, Wendy has this big home that she's living in and it's just her there by herself, no husband, her kid is away. I always felt that Wendy had, you know, the loneliness of her life, isolation. She just wasn't prepared or know how to deal with this new life.
Speaker 2: And then COVID just didn't help. So it didn't help, you know. And it was another a number of people playing like roles, like you had her manager, Will who was actually trying to do it all on his own, her publicist Sean Zinati, and people in her lifelong friend and her other people in there too, like her family, her nephew, her son who was also doing commentary. But it was like you can see that that nobody really nobody, You don't know who to blame, you know, any it is on and not saying that she didn't play a part in like her own you know, demise and all that type of stuff. But at the same time, it's like, why is her guardian so exclusive? Why is this? And then and then is the guardian behind the whole documentary? And then but then it turned I reported last week that they're suing, that they tried to sue an E or Lifetime or whatever because they're going to drop it two days before it aired, Like it's so many moving parts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was absolutely zero reason for this documentary to be released if you ask me, like, I don't even see the purpose at all. I guess it's raising away and it's the people who have, you know, different forms of dementia. But I don't see how anybody who loves Wendy would want this documentary out. I was shocked to see that, you know, her son was executive producer, because there's no way I'm watching this and saying, you know what, I want my mom to be perceived in it, like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she was also a producer on it as well. You see her name on it too.
Speaker 7: Like Charlamade said, I don't understand purpose of it, right, because at first I was like, well, maybe they want to expose the guardian and say she shouldn't be the guardian.
Speaker 2: But then you look at it.
Speaker 7: If you look at it, you're like, y'all allowing Wendy to drink on that y'all showing a sideway. It looks like, well, maybe she does need a guardian because the people that's in her life, I don't know if they have her best interest at heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And not only does she need a guardian, she needs somebody she needs supervision twenty four hours after they obviously how she able to lock herself in the room with a fifth of liquor or whatever and it just be gone when somebody whenever she decides to let somebody in her.
Speaker 7: Somebody has to buy it, and somebody has to purchase it. Somebody has to get that liquor to us.
Speaker 2: She's not going out getting it on her own.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, And it just raises more questions, right because it's like when you see her, when you saw her in Miami actually getting well, when she was around her family, how does it go from that to somebody saying no, the family should not be the ones watching over her, right, it should go to a guardian, Like what happened. They made them say, Yo, the family isn't who she needs to be around either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's just strength, and they just try to make it about her, like Kevin, like what they were saying, because they gave that little boy, I don't care that little boy power of attorney and power over her medical. We have audio for number two about that.
Speaker 22: They basically said that because she was drinking so much, they were starting to affect her her headspace and her brain. So I think they said it was alcohol and du dementia. When she was staying in Miami, my up to hell by one eliminating all alcohol, her occupied with just whether it's going to the beach working out, which is something that she didn't used to do what she does now.
Speaker 2: You can actually see what she was getting thicker. She was vegan, she was cooking healthy, She looked more aware. And then and then number.
Speaker 23: Three in twenty nineteen, the family helped put mon and rehab down here in Florida, and this show wanted her up there in New York for some reason, even if it was just to receive help. And that's when she had to step up in kind of adjustment problems on TV.
Speaker 2: And the thing is like, Okay, So her son and her nephew they seemed, you know, like very very concerned in the commentary, but in the footage of them actually meeting with her and talking with her, there is no like they didn't want to hugger. They didn't huger. They just seem very closed in a meeting that she had with them when they were forty minutes late. When she went with will and they finally showed up, like, I don't know, it was like a little smirk on her son's face, like there's a disconnecting. God knows what he went through watching all of this and letting all this play out from her, from his parents' the voice divorce, to seeing his mom's health deplete that he goes from taking care of her. Then they snacked, They removed him from everything, and they snatched her away from them. So it's only like so much that he can go through to as a kid, as her kid.
Speaker 1: I don't like how they play with like that.
Speaker 7: Still, Yeah, you look at Bruce Willis right after he has dementia. Do you see them posting what he's doing every night and how hard he's dealing with it? Now, Barbara Wolfs. It's the same way she had dementia. Do you see how they how she's dealing with it, and they posting every day.
Speaker 6: I just think it felt very exploitable.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think the fact that they're doing that this woman has a legacy, like her or hater or lover, what she created for radio and television and what she's done as a person in this entertainment industry should be held as high as possible. And I feel like that show yesterday, and if Wendy was in her right mind, she wouldn't be wanted to see out with her wig offs and looking the way.
Speaker 6: I don't care if it's the family, I don't care if it's.
Speaker 5: Will whoever, it is, all of y'all dead wrong for having them cameras in that lady face like that, Like there was absolutely no reason for that documentary in any way shape for me.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what they were trying to tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, feelings like even with her niece, her niece who wanted to be just like her, who was still, you know, aspires to be like her. She she came in there and she did not want to see the publicists. The publicist sean she was just like, no, I don't want to. You know, she barely gave a hug and she was just like, I need her out of here. Like she told, when you have a lot of random people around you, everybody you call your friend, they're you're paying them, you don't know what they're doing. They're like, why would Sean take her to LA and put her in front of them, you know, in front of NBC to have a meeting. Why before that, before the meeting, you let her have two or three drinks at a restaurant and you know that's not what you're supposed to do. I don't know everybody. Everybody is responsible, by.
Speaker 5: The way, the network, to Lifetime to why would y'all want to put that out there? Like at some point Lifetimes out there they care about the business. I'm not gonna I don't have they care about the business.
Speaker 6: I don't be watching Lifetimes. But the commercials be crazy.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of black female too revenge times. They were to be before TV like let's not let's not play movie.
Speaker 5: Called Haunted Housewives like it was a bunch of housewives in the woods and they was hunting them.
Speaker 24: That was.
Speaker 2: What the hell was. I ain't never watched. I don't watch Lifetime, so I don't know the commercials.
Speaker 1: They had mad that it was doctor if your Eye won't close. It was the commercial was like the spoof.
Speaker 2: It was strange and nighttimes to be before, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: And they think they can air something like Wendy and then just put the disclaimer up. This this show touches on a lot of sensitive issues. If somebody you know needs help, go to second I'm like, man, cut it out, hot man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So first hour with that's with the message, all right, thank you, jet Her news is sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally, young morning sickness. When I got through that, he did all right.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we got front page dude, figure, oh be joining us.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast logal morning, wake up. You're like into the breakfast club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne, the God. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: What's up, Ties, what's going on? DJ v Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about the South Carolina primary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there was a primary this Saturday, South Carolina wad In on the twenty twenty four Republican primary. The post closes right at seven pm, and it was pretty much an immediate result. Donald Trump won with fifty nine percent of the boat. That's actually four hundred and fifty thousand. I want to give those numbers because you know we'll hear percentages, but not really the numbers. So four hundred and fifty thousand people voted for him, defeating Nicki Haley, who earned thirty nine percent of the vote, but still two hundred and ninety nine thousand. She still got tw hundred nine one thousand people that showed up and said, we want something different.
Speaker 10: Let's go CBS for the report.
Speaker 25: Another decisive win for former President Donald Trump for the GOP front runner. It's also another hurdle cleared in that long road to securing the one thousand, two hundred and fifteen delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination. Despite an unclear path to victory, Haley has doubled down on her promise to stay in the race as her opponent faces multiple legal challenges.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she's continued to stand the race, and she also responded to some comments Trump made while he was speaking at the Black Conservative Federation.
Speaker 10: They have an.
Speaker 3: Annual gala in South Carolina, and Trump said that his legal problems have earned him the support of black voters around the country. Take a listen to what he said, and then also Nicky Haley's response the mugshot.
Speaker 18: We've all seen the mugshot, and you know who embraced it more than anybody else, the black.
Speaker 25: Population, taking aim at the former president for comments made in front of conservative black voters. Trump drives people away, including with his comments just yesterday.
Speaker 3: I mean now, Donald Trump didn't stop there because I want your feedback. Take a listen to this mashup of several things Donald Trump said that offended quite a few people.
Speaker 10: Take a listen.
Speaker 18: These lights are so bright in my eyes that I can't see too many people out there.
Speaker 17: I can only see the black ones. I can't see any white ones.
Speaker 2: He say, that's how far I've come. We've come a long way together.
Speaker 26: You rather have the black president or the white president who got one point seven billion off the price? I think they want the white guy right now.
Speaker 18: That that's why the black people like because they have been hurt so badly and discriminated against, and they actually viewed me is I'm being discriminated against. It's been pretty amazing, but it possibly I don't know, maybe there's something there. But I got also suit. I'm being indicted for you, the black population. I am being induided for a lot of different groups.
Speaker 5: I honestly don't understand why people amplify that type of rhetoric because that rhetoric is not going to change the mind of anyone, because the people who support Trump are supporting Trump regardless. And this is also why I still don't understand. If I was the GOP, I would have been got behind. You know, Nikki Haley, I've said this a million times before, because Trump comes with way too much baggage, and don't I don't know if Trump, you know, fares well in the general election. Yeah, he's you know, he's he's killed in the primaries, does far, but I don't know if he if he fares well in the general election. But even that scary because when you have a person like him, who says the things that he says, who facing ninety one criminal charges, who let an attempt to cool his country, the fact that it's still it look like it's gonna be a toss up in November.
Speaker 6: If it's him a Biden, it's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is scary.
Speaker 5: That's why people keep asking a simple question, are Biden and Harris o winnable ticket against Trump? When you have, you know, the threat to democracy that Donald Trump is on the other side?
Speaker 2: That is a.
Speaker 5: Very fair question to ask in polls. Are Biden and Harris a winnable ticket in November?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 7: But let me ask a question, why won't Nikki Hally drop out? She lost in her home states?
Speaker 6: Still getting money?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it makes sense though, So those types of campaigns that are built on messaging, you know, getting the message out there, still letting people know, you know this, this is a problem. She knows she's not gonna get the nomination, obviously, but continuing to build. Also, I see her running again in four years. She know that these guys, you know, Donald Trump's only can run so many times.
Speaker 10: Your bike can only run so many times with age.
Speaker 3: So she's just building her coalition for the next go round in my opinion.
Speaker 7: Now, they said they had a conversation after do do we know what that conversation was about or what they discussed her?
Speaker 10: No, we don't know it all who had a conversation.
Speaker 7: I thought they said that Trump and Nikki Hlly spoke after him beating her in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Heard it on the news this morning.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I didn't hear that. But I didn't hear that at all.
Speaker 3: I know usually, you know, when you win a race or you lose a race, you do call the other candidate to conceee. And I don't know if they've been do have that conversation or not, but't I didn't get that. But I do want to your point, Charlemagne, about people that decide that they're going to be with Trump, they're not going to change their mind. Black Conservative Foundation President Dante Johnson, when he was asked about the comments that Trump made, he said Black Americans are waking up to the reality that the Democratic Party has taken advantage of them, and the media and the.
Speaker 10: Party are terrified.
Speaker 3: He said, no amount of media deception or liberal race bating will sway the minds of black voters.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean that's why I don't understand why while we amplify, you know, Trump's rhetoric. Truthfully, everybody that's in support of bidens find something from them to amplify.
Speaker 2: What did they say this week, because all I'm in.
Speaker 5: Here in about all week is Trump sneakers and Trump criminal charges, and that's the thing that's going to, you know, make black voters gravitate towards him. What have Biden and Harris put out this week that people could amplify. And when I do see things about Biden Harrison, I see people amplifying it. It's things like what's going on in Michigan and how they're telling people to vote and committee for So it's just like it's just strange. Actually, I'm gonna talk about that during Donkey of to Day. It's just very strange what y'all choose to amplify on the left. We'll discuss during Donkey of the Day to Day, and.
Speaker 3: I will say that the NAAC president did respond saying that Donald Trump's delusional to think that his criminality would be an attraction to black voters. He's taking advantage of a racist system. While black Americans have been abused by we are not the same.
Speaker 10: So that was his moments.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you, TZ.
Speaker 5: Absolutely make sure you subscribe that. Teslin Figaro's podcast is great. Shot No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at Teslin figure out on all social media platforms.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, Drewsky will be joining us. That's right, drews Key, comedian. We're gonna be kicking with him.
Speaker 2: Next it don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Go morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Warning, everybody's d J M V Jess, Hilarry Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest.
Speaker 2: In the building.
Speaker 6: Yes, indeed, lady gentlemen, Drew.
Speaker 5: Skiing, welcome back. That's black and how he said, I'm good, man, I feel good.
Speaker 6: Remember on MSNBC.
Speaker 12: I don't know why I was on that, brother, I'm confused on why they put me on the news.
Speaker 19: But you know, man, I got a pr man. I don't know what he got me doing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just agree with what they tell me to do.
Speaker 19: I showed up.
Speaker 2: I'm showing up.
Speaker 5: I didn't even where the right at time, So I just was I like, how you didn't act like you knew what was going on?
Speaker 19: Let them straight up?
Speaker 2: You know what about it? I loved it.
Speaker 12: Negotiation, Yeah, negotiation, when you talk about remort, I know, yeah, I know they talking about something. So I'm like, hey, I'm gonna just try to blend in. I ain't even I'm not gonna. I'm just trying to blend in on here, man, what thedo.
Speaker 5: I'm already tapped in the coaches. I'm sure I already knew who Drewsky was.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, someone somewhat. That dude.
Speaker 12: He very hip and he knows what's going on. He was reciting lyrics and stuff. But yeah, I don't know what that guy.
Speaker 5: And it worked for you because I mean, you know, you still ended up getting a viral moment. Yeah, you know, and it was funny.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so the p I ended up working. It was like reverse of what it was supposed to do. I think we were supposed to be on there talking about me going to the White House or yeah, dogs in the White Man. Yeah, I went like a year ago, you had a dog. No, I don't know why they had me talking.
Speaker 2: You don't really know much.
Speaker 12: I guess the secret service dog had been somebody multiple dog beat a bunch of secret service.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but they're not putting it down.
Speaker 12: So it's like and then when I said that, he looked at me like yeah, so let's just move on to I want them to talk about what they had to talk about, because I was like, hey, the subject, you'll have me.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to talk about that, y'all.
Speaker 19: Just keep doing well.
Speaker 6: You think the dog should be killed?
Speaker 12: Put I like how he tried to make it sound dog.
Speaker 1: How many how many people did the dog white?
Speaker 2: It was a lot?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think anybody else a dog there to put your dog down? But it was like secure secret service the.
Speaker 2: First day to put a muzzle on the minute to put that dog down if.
Speaker 19: It was a black dog, pit bull. Yeah, it was the first bike. Dang not twenty twenty four is come on now?
Speaker 2: So you got a new show could have been out.
Speaker 12: It's an amazing show. It's based on I was influenced by P Diddy and when he had to making the band show actually was like, yeah, no, that's bro. See that's why I can't look this way. And that's what I said, that's a lot because he's he didn't making the band. You know we were watching that, you know? They yeah they Yeah, I wasn't watching making the band.
Speaker 2: We was watching making the band.
Speaker 12: So yeah, it played a big part, and I really wanted to do something based. There's too much space between. I said what it was it was to get.
Speaker 9: That question that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, you gotta get to that quick.
Speaker 12: I ain't say making the band first, by making the band the show and yeah, nah, it's it's a mazing shore. It's pretty much like a comedic version of that, kind of like how Chappelle did when he did like a skit on making the band back in the day. But yeah, they we had we had contestants staying there for seven days. They competed for fifty thousand dollars. And you come out of pocket to do that stuff, right heh Yeah yeah man, But you know, now we had companies help us. We had Raising Canes put up the fifty thousand for the contestants to win.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, yeah sure, and we had like Nike.
Speaker 12: Nike participated in putting in some money, prize picks, Ice Box, Jewelry putting some money too as well.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: So why so let me know, I see you putting it out on YouTube and some people would ask why, But if you're getting your own sponsors and you're making your own money, like why chase behind these networks and these streaming services?
Speaker 12: Yeah, kind of because it's like, uh they We tried to pitch it to all these big networks anyway, and nobody believed in it.
Speaker 19: They were like, yo, what could have been records?
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's a lot of you know them older executives that don't really know, they're not really hit and they just like, we heard this guy's funny, but we don't know what the hell could have been records is?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 12: So every time I tried to explain it, nobody understood what I was talking about. So I'm like, damn, we probably gonna have to do this ourselves.
Speaker 19: We went to every meeting. I'm talking, I'm taking zooms. It's taking an hour.
Speaker 12: I'm explaining it for like an hour, breaking it down. We got a power point. I'm pointing that stuff. I'm making them laugh. So I'm like, oh, we got this, nobody believe. They all like, nah, we'll pass.
Speaker 19: We'll pass.
Speaker 6: That's one of your most popular sketches.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know, that's how we got proof of concept. I'm like this doing views. We get millions of views. But you know, they, you know they you know.
Speaker 2: What happened with the show with you and Kevin har oh Man.
Speaker 12: They took that off man, we uh, we were supposed to do it right a strike, right a strike. So during right a strike, they took that down. Man, they just they just got rid of it. I don't know, I don't know what the real real reason was, but uh yeah it was a show based on like like past high school being like a high school senior, and uh yeah, I came on and talked about it with you. But yeah, they I really don't know the full the full reason, but they took that off, man, I don't know. Dang, yeah, low key pissed me off a little bit. But yeah, this just because you know, I don't I really don't know the full writer shrike reason, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: So and I feel like nobody fully.
Speaker 12: Knew exactly what was going on with ritter a strike and all that, so I think, yeah, they might have used that as an excuse.
Speaker 19: I really don't know, but yeah, we we had everything rolling.
Speaker 5: But you know, I think about you with sketch right, and I think about you know, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so I've seen a lot of great sketch shows in living color chapel.
Speaker 19: Shows get Gassed and we started talking about time.
Speaker 5: When I think about it, because you are very good at it, right, Yeah, do you think you need a TV show to validate you to where people start talking about you in that way like they talked about the key and the pills that you pls.
Speaker 12: Not really, I think because social media is so powerful now bro, like without social media, and I'm sure she know this too as well, like social media might be bigger than TV now like it used to be the goal, like, oh, we're gonna get the TV, We're gonna do this big thing. But it's like, when you really think about it, majority of the stars right now are like the social media people. We even got Twitch streamers who are making bigger bags than rappers, That's what I'm saying, And aiden rass. These dudes are really making a lot of money. They're paying the rappers like real show fees to come onto their streams. So it's like, I don't know, it's different days, but I think that that's what made me think I don't really need anything to justify anything, because it's like, damn, we're doing it now. Like I will pull up to a city and say, we're doing could have been records tomorrow and thousands of people are out there just line them trying to audition, so it's like that's really the goal for it.
Speaker 7: Did the celebrities get it at first? I know they get it now, but did they get it at first?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 7: Because early on Birdman was one of one of the ones that you did. Did he get it at first? Or did you have to explain to Burman?
Speaker 12: Well, it wasn't too much explained to bird Man. Let's uh, let's just put that out there, really any any any conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I saw you with your security too.
Speaker 12: I was like, Dan, yeah, yeah, I gotta travel with security now, brother. You know, yeah, there's reasons for everything, right, you don't see the change, So stop basking.
Speaker 2: Is the beef real? I think it's not? But y gotta watch the show Man?
Speaker 19: Is everything? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Could have been housed on episode like four or five. You're gonna you go see the whole of how it happened, of what what went down, and you know, the whole altercation itself. So you said, who am I more scared of?
Speaker 9: Birdman?
Speaker 2: Or or King? Who?
Speaker 19: Come on?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 18: King?
Speaker 2: Standing on what we're talking about?
Speaker 5: Man, come on, don't play with you kids talking about Hey, come on, man, talking.
Speaker 2: About King Pizza.
Speaker 6: Yes, King, he said he pulling up on you.
Speaker 19: He did pull up on me at the video shoot.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 19: He didn't pull up on me. Yeah, yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: Standing on business.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he tried to do like a like a he tried to do a stair off, got out of his car and just stood on kind of like the top of the car like that and just said man with business and and you're going right back to that nice ass house. He don't knows about standing on no business man. And y'all know that. Y'all stop playing man. I'm lying like a from the suburbs. Yeah, I'm from the same way. Make it off for you, King hair cool cool, No, you call that man went from the same way.
Speaker 1: We got more with Drew Ski when we come back. Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 7: The j and Lee Jess Hilaris, Charlamagne to gud we all to Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Drew Ski.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, did you.
Speaker 6: Really wint a million dollars better on the Super Bowl?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah I did. I did really Yeah with prospects man and it was just so random. One hundred thousand they gave you. Yeah, I really got in an account?
Speaker 19: Wow? Yeah wired?
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 19: Two days?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I looked at for family and friends though, like I threw about like like three hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: You gotta pay taxes on that money.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, I said three hundred No no, no, no, no, I got I got a little something. Come on, you know, but look, I already wanted to bless family and friends beforehand. Yeah, I had this list in my mind during my come up that I'm like, all right, because I used to always like stay at my homiees house during the come up or like you know, they family would let come in there and like shoot skits and while out in the house throw parties, do whatever, like you know how, you know how it is. So I already had this list in my and the back of my head, like I want to look out for them one day, but it's hard when it's your real money. I'm like, hell, and I ain't trying to just do that just because.
Speaker 6: What you give him, you g everybody the same a mountain.
Speaker 19: Yeah no, I gave.
Speaker 12: I gave a good amount with it's split up good everybody got with the old man. I ain't give too much nobody, I ain't get too too less to the other person. So it's never gonna be enough.
Speaker 19: It's never gonna be enough. You know.
Speaker 1: The more the more successful you getting, I heard ain't doing this.
Speaker 12: You know, I just hope they're thankful for it, because you know, it came from a good place.
Speaker 2: Yeahrailer could have been house. She had stars. And then you got Chris Brown, one of my favorite people with Chris, Yes, Chris Snoop Dogg. Wait, wait, wait, Chris.
Speaker 6: I love Chris.
Speaker 2: I love Chris Brown, and I love my boyfriend Chris. But yeah, Chris, Chris Brown is I'm a major fan. But how did you get them to be down with all the kaos?
Speaker 12: I know, yeah, yeah, it was crazy as hell, man, I think honestly. Yeah, Chris Brown, he's a good friend of mine. But he wanted to come in and participate someone how some way. So we had Snoop Dogg come in and do like a whole bunch of like judging and stuff. But Chris Brown came into like a dance competition where we likes I don't want to give too much of it away, but he's dances ass onle He don't stop was dancing behind the scenes. I'm like, hey, man, wait till they start recording this down when nah, he's he's a good dude, but nah, he's addicted to dancing and he honestly does not stop dancing. But yeah, noah, we had him doing that. We had Troy Taylor on there, he's like a vocal coach. Who else we had on the crypt mac is Yeah, I think be on no jumper he is in jail. Jail yeah, used to jumping, all right, Well yeah he used to be jumping. Yeah, but he yeah, nah, that brother right now. Man, Nah, I.
Speaker 19: Really don't know that he'd be in and out.
Speaker 12: That's why we had him come and talk to contestants because it was like jail, one on one, what you got to cook in there?
Speaker 2: What it's like.
Speaker 19: And then he ran some phades with some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he ran phase with with him just teaching about to fight.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 12: It was like, yo, if you if you're gonna go to jail, you gotta run some page. So everybody up in the house, and we thought it was gonna be like a slap box, you know, everybody like crazy, you started knocking out I said, okay, man, we had.
Speaker 19: To shut the whole insurance.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we got all there ain't no concussions and that ain't no concussions. Nobody got hurt for he ain't no yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know we put a stop to it after like the second one. We put a stop to it though, like we knew, we knew the you know, see it on the show, y'all.
Speaker 5: Ya you see how I feel like they're trying to start beef between like the people who do like the sketches and stuff.
Speaker 12: Man, man, they love comparing contrasting with everybody who you've seen recently.
Speaker 19: They're doing that.
Speaker 6: I saw the mean where they compare. They said, who's funny.
Speaker 2: You told me? You and banks?
Speaker 19: You know they stayed doing that.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 12: The so many I don't know why they try to put and it makes like almost like a real it almost feel like a real beef when you see the person because you really in general, you know like that's that's my guy. We did like a show early on where he brought me on to when I was still like young on the come up, and like I think, does it Yeah, we was in something in Atlanta. We did a show together and uh, yeah, Like I said, it makes it weird a little bit because when you see the social media and like Twitter and all these people saying all these comments, it makes you feel like it's damn, there is beef in real life because it's like damn, yeah, kind of don't like this man.
Speaker 2: But you don't really feel that way, but it's like you're.
Speaker 12: So you're seeing all these comments you see, but yeah, gets in your brain because I'm a competitive person. I'm so competitive that if I see something like that, it's like, nah, no, I got it with that right, And it's not it's not even personal. It's not even personal. It just becomes the same. I'm sure he could probably agree the same way. But they do it with even like Country Wange, they do it with DC, they do.
Speaker 1: It everybody, and all of y'all do different things.
Speaker 5: But also people don't realize when y'all being funny are being sarcastic.
Speaker 2: Because Dad left a comment he was like, stop preparing me to due you.
Speaker 12: I don't know, you don't know, I don't know, but I don't feel that way. I think it's just I hate that it makes you start to feel like it is because of how they try to but yeah, we got the better man, why not.
Speaker 2: Call a person.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, man, listen, just in case we ain't got no issues.
Speaker 2: Because it ain't even gotta be on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it ain't because it's like, bro, let's just keep let's keep grinding.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 12: It ain't about that because I don't even want to because when you make that call, it's almost acknowledging, like hey, yeah, they doing their job, man, they you know, making me not like you know, but I think, yeah, no, I don't feel that way. I just you never know how the other side feel.
Speaker 5: I don't know what about people that are also they accused you of stealing their skin ideas I saw the.
Speaker 19: Guy that was that was more recent. Yeah, no, I think I don't know. Man.
Speaker 12: I honestly, I've been so original since I started like doing skits in general, like I never felt like I had to steal from anybody. If anything, I felt like people stole from me. But that's neither here nor there. I don't I don't address it. I think I did see the whole thing with that dude and.
Speaker 6: Some people work wise people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you just posted this week week and it blew up so crazy, that was probably bro I got like seventy million views.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's like twenty million on Instagram because it's true. Yeah, so I think, yeah, we all, we all. I'm I'm I'm a truth tailor brother, like I that's I do skits on things that I went through, things I've seen in real life. It's nothing. I'm not faking anything. So there's of course if we're black, we have all seen almost similar things. It's kind of like when Cat Williams was calling out some of the dudes for stealing his jokes on stage. It's like, yo, we are all kind of from the same We've seen the same trougle, We've seen the same type. So it's like it's kind of hard not to say that maybe sometimes we're stealing. But yeah, I never had to do that too, especially with me being you know, so original with my I never had to steal nobody because you got But but the thing is, I never even saw the dude until they had I started seeing people tag attack attacks, so I'm like, damn, who is this? So I went to the page and I saw that he does those type of skits all the time.
Speaker 19: So I'm like, oh, brother, that's I just came in and did one.
Speaker 6: I ain't.
Speaker 12: I'm not trying to take your flow here, but yeah, he had written down. He's like, y'all seen buddy stole my And I'm like, bro, come on, but see I never addressed like that. I just read it and be like, I just laughed because it's keep pushing. There's no point and entertaining all that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, what I'm saying when you got an idea like the work husband work wife idea.
Speaker 19: Yeah, thats just but who did it better? Brother?
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that. Who did it?
Speaker 19: It's his own?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you went guys crazy?
Speaker 6: Not really, man, I definitely saw you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's uh, but they worked from alias.
Speaker 6: Honestly, that's his whole that's his whole flow.
Speaker 19: And I respect that he does that.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 6: But I never heard of Malika.
Speaker 12: Tell you that's what I said, and he swear. They're like, bro, he's seeing that. So I started seeing people he posted another skit recently. They're like, oh, Drew gonna steal this one.
Speaker 2: It's not something I just do. They just assume that I'm watching it. Nah.
Speaker 12: I think what he's doing is great. Hey, I plumb him. That's his flow. Keep doing it brother.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, were still kicking it with Drew Sky.
Speaker 2: Don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club in the morning. Everybody is j M V Jess hilarious. Charlomagne, the god we all to Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Drew Ski.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne, you know the askeybo could have been records Like you talk a lot about the three sixty deals in the bad Contract.
Speaker 6: You actually talk to artists about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, hell yeah. I like to tell people straight up, we're gonna over. That's why I said I was inspired by p Diddy. That's what I was talking about. What do y'all keep looking at me like that when I say that I'm saying that I'm inspired by the way he was talking.
Speaker 19: To his Well, I ain't say that.
Speaker 12: I say that I like the way that he was talking to the people at his label on the show. You know, like, yeah, so that's the same way we do our business. Yeah, we tell you, yeah, you know you're getting from jump. What the problem is you knew the contract when you got in him.
Speaker 2: That's true. You knew what it was by the way. That's true.
Speaker 6: Even if you don't tell him that because you don't get your lawyer.
Speaker 12: They can't already, don't he can't already. Somebody that was dyslexic that was recently on the show, you know, okay, his brother can't read either. He liked to get you to just keep talking and just run down that wrap hole, saying stupid, keep doing that talking something.
Speaker 11: I got.
Speaker 12: I gotta come back and correct myself. I feel like we needed to put a disclaimer at the beginning of this. Wait for Drew to finish his whole answer. I thought you came here just beef with everybody, y'all bringing up all the beef man dylexic day Wait, whoa whoa, whoa whoa, No, y'all, Hey, come on, man, I don't got no beef with problem with nobody.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: Is it tough for people to take you serious? And because obviously you see I'm trying to be serious.
Speaker 19: Man, I trying to get my point across.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, since I was a kid, man, I always yeah. But I think, uh.
Speaker 6: Even when a kid, when you was a kid, they didn't take you serious.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think like teachers, uh, students all that. Man, Like we always used to I used to around so much that everybody everything I said was a joke, you know, so it's normal. But the people close to me, they know, we laugh. My brother's trying to tell us truth right now that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you remember a time like you was like dead seriou. It's like, man, I like you were think of something and you believe you and they didn't believe you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 12: I had to go to the hospital when I crashed on a on a four wheeler like four or five years ago, and we're really like three four years ago, and I went to the hospital and everybody was in there trying to take selfies, take videos and joke around, but.
Speaker 19: I really was like hurt for real. But it was like a whole.
Speaker 12: Joke that I was in there, Like what what the hell you doing in here? I'm like, yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's like, yo, I need help right now. You know what I'm saying. But that's the problem. What your ass doing? Get your ass up, my back, my back, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But that that's nothing about community.
Speaker 12: You can never be serious or like really be going through some rials that because of you, caause you not not even even even d c DC recently, I think somebody stole his bag or something, and it was in the comments ROSA they said, lame man lost your bag at the club. As I'm like, damn, bro, he had some valuable things in there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Can y'all really showed some.
Speaker 12: Remorse for the Yeah yeah, people when you when you funny, people don't give it.
Speaker 2: You do be having like yeah, I'll be having a real, real circumstances.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I think he would be thinking that after he's coming.
Speaker 5: Into the stadium's arenas, courthouses, don't matter, what ts A.
Speaker 12: So like, yeah, like why would I be Yeah, you're right, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 19: I did it, tell you I.
Speaker 1: Had I had a guy text me was nb All Star weekend last weekend?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Shut up? God text me last weekening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, god text you. He was like, was like it was in a group chat and he was like, man, was.
Speaker 5: Popular person that some NBA All Star party And now I'm like.
Speaker 6: Are you doing this thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Man, I'm just I'm blessed. I'm thankful.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 6: Did you feel that in the party that he was talking about a little.
Speaker 12: Bit a little bit, Yeah, because my dumb was standing on the couch and nobody else will no no, no, no, that wasn't my groove. Yeah, it was he talking about the All Star and that's we all thought. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think it was Jadak Jada Kiss was there. Yeah, it was a couple. It was a couple of difference that was out there.
Speaker 19: Had a party.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think Jada Kiss had a party. It was it was one of the old heads, man, they.
Speaker 2: Had a party.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, no, no, I'm just saying like it was. It was one of those reds. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get into your record.
Speaker 1: Let's introduce your record.
Speaker 6: A lot of movie, right, are you still working on that?
Speaker 19: No, we're not working on that.
Speaker 12: Another another writer, Shrike, we had we had a whole bunch of a lot of misopportunities. But see, it will be about the miss opportunities. Man, it's about continuing to try. You got to keep doing this over and over, figuring it out. You don't matter about the news. They only gonna know about the yeses unless you y'all bring it up.
Speaker 2: Nobody really Jack got a good relationship though.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, hell yeah, man, that's my boy.
Speaker 26: Ya.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about his record?
Speaker 19: Talking about man, bro, he's going crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a white guy talking about woos and chains in America. People love that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I think he's talking about like locking them down, like yeah, no, man, you know what I'm saying, Like locking them down like nobody with slavery.
Speaker 2: No man, as long as it's Jesson, keep trying.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, it's a good song.
Speaker 12: I think I think he uh yeah, moving on because I don't want to correct myself on that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's about my music to go number one, playing my.
Speaker 7: Stephen Benness, Yeah, standing no business DJ Drama on there too, out the drama.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you for joining it.
Speaker 5: Follow if you're not already, but who is it definitely, but it's always a pleasure to see you.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 2: Thank the Breakfast Club's Drew Ski.
Speaker 7: It's wanting everybody is Steve Yes, Jess hilarious.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: We throw to the song and forgot about it, just that fact.
Speaker 1: I know that's right, But let's get to business.
Speaker 20: He's just real, right, robber Lord, just don't do is gonna bring numbers?
Speaker 2: Could have stopped saying we forgot you forgot I just never heard and and we've been playing it all weekend. All right, So Porsia Wayams filed for divorce last week. I'm yeah she did. She filed for divorce and she only been married to this guy, you know, Simon Willbadia, since nobody really know how to say his name, will Badia. That's how you said. But for a year and three months, right, she and people have been speculating like why why you know? And but she said they are currently living in a bona fide state of separation, so that was her reason. But a week ago, just just a week before she filed for divorce, they was living it up in Dubai and she was capturing pictures like happy wife, happy life, my ride will die and yes he thought he was going to do to day because he almost fell out the boat or whatever, so hashtag be his peace. So she has like in love or whatever. So the bonafide state of separation was it was like mind bottling for some people. But interesting because she's returning to Real Housewives. A lot of people think this could be a storyline for her.
Speaker 6: I can see that, Yeah, I can see it, I will say though.
Speaker 5: When that was announced last week, man, you know, throughout this building, at least on this floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were so many men rejoicing.
Speaker 5: I mean they know it was a punch of them.
Speaker 2: They were so happy. It was like man, single name crazy And that's crazy because it was Merriman rejoicing. That was so crazy. That was like, what's wrong with crazy? No, you didn't say that, but that's so crazy. So then right, some other fans was thinking, like maybe she leaving because of his legal issues, you know, because they keep on trying to like apply for like the citizenship and all that keeps ban denied, and so people were saying like she only wanted them for money and all of that type of stuff. Now, her statement after filing for the divorce is thank you for your prayers and support and you know, a heart broken heart emoji and all that. And his statement is will stop loving my wife when the divorce is final. But it's so crazy because she literally released audio not too long ago of her returning to the show. Just what she said.
Speaker 3: Who said that Porsia Williams coming back to Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 10: That's false. But Portiabia is in the building.
Speaker 2: See y'all lot, So that's why I may be a storyline. I believe, up and down inspire storyline for sure, because.
Speaker 7: Like, but you still file. You don't say like you file, you do the paperwork. They actually go all the way through with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well people has to, like people have to want to watch the show, you know what I'm saying, because I don't know a lot of people saying it's on his last leg and all of that. So it's like, oh my god, pull she getting divorced. We got watch you know, I have no idea. So another brival news, Andy Cohen apologizes to Brandy Glanfield. So Brandy Glanfield claimed that Andy Cohen sent her an inappropriate recording back in twenty twenty two, and she's a real housewife of Beverly Hills. A lot of people don't know. Brandy claimed that Andy sexually harassed her when he sent the video, and the video was said, uh, he wants he wants her to watch he and his husband have sex. Basically, uh that those were the contents and the context, and he said what allegedly Allegedly he said he wanted Brandy Glanfield to watch him and his husband have sex with each other. And so she was offended by that. And George, you damn thinking about and what do you see it on camera?
Speaker 5: Like I'm creeping around and bend almost George you bad bad.
Speaker 2: It's not his husband, it's his boyfriend. So okay, even worse. So I want you to watch me and my boyfriend have sex. Pretty much. That's wow. Yeah, it's very much wild. And she filed and she said that, you know, and he apologized once it got out in the media and everything. He apologized in a tweet that said, this video of it's a video. Yeah, this video shows Kate Chastain and I were very clearly joking to Brandy. It was absolutely meant in jest, and Brandy's response clearly communicated she was in on the joke that said it was totally inappropriate. And I apologize now.
Speaker 5: Question, you know, because gave men play like that, right, gay men do stuff like that. Gave men be grabbing y'all breast and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: And none of my gay none of my no, but not everybody played like that. I don't And if this thing what you want, don't grab them because don't play with me.
Speaker 7: But would have been any other exact don't you think worset would have happened? Actually said, I'm saying you want to watch me and my whatever.
Speaker 5: Believe he plays a pig's that's wold because exactly he would had to take time off, he would have had to resign, he would have to do it.
Speaker 1: He would have been suspended.
Speaker 2: He would have been gay men get away with a lot of that man. But still, what if it was you, like a black gay man that's said something you know, you still wouldn't find heart would have washed hands real quick everything you been through. He would have been, Oh no, you would have been right off the shot. So that's that, you know.
Speaker 7: But so you think it's I don't know, because he's in exact right and he is his show. They would have definitely made him resign. They definitely would have made him take time off. They definitely would have put him in counseling. They would have they would have been something.
Speaker 2: And then he just think this to about to apologize like that in a tweet and to say that was a joke, it's like, what you know.
Speaker 5: It's inappropriate either way, resoles of your sexuality.
Speaker 2: He clearly feels like, oh, that's all I gotta do, just tweet that I apologize. She knew it was a joke. Whatever I don't really want you to watch watch us do that anyway.
Speaker 5: Cam Newton t I ain't gonna lie. I'm sitting over here with drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight up, I gotta put on my messy visions for this. So what real quick?
Speaker 5: So Cam newtonails, Go ahead, Cam Newton jumped four boys at.
Speaker 2: That's not what happened. Tell the story.
Speaker 19: This is good.
Speaker 2: Dam was giving it. He gave a youth football you know, he has a youth football camp and he was given an event in Georgia and he apparently ended up in the middle of a brawl at a seven o seven The seven o seven game and the incident took place at invitation only camp and a tournament over the weekend. All right, details have not been released at this time. An authority with the local police snow that have not been available to comment. But the video shows like it was like three of them and then a fourth one came up and got a little sneak punch. But he was handling these little niggas I'm talk about. I'm serious. It was how do you try to jump somebody and you get jumped?
Speaker 5: What you said earlier is true, Yeah, he jumped.
Speaker 2: If you watch the video it looked like he's like beating up on his kids in the house, Like all the guys deserved to have the ass whip, and that's what happened. Headline.
Speaker 5: I want, I need Cam Newton to have an offensive line with him at all times, me and in security.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't care if it's your event.
Speaker 5: You should never be in a situation where people feel like they can jump you anywhere. I don't care how big you are, house drawn you are. You got to make seven on seven. I don't think you know.
Speaker 2: I don't care no matter if you're from and no matter where you're from, like because he's from Atlanta, that's right, Okay, yeah, you still don't. You don't know who you are.
Speaker 9: M v P.
Speaker 5: Little Dodes had a knife period known.
Speaker 2: Obviously they got through security. They called the TSP boys so top shelf performance. I don't know what they performed. It's not even fighting. And they didn't even care if police was that did not That's why I said, Atlanta is on huinge.
Speaker 6: You gotta have. You got to have an offensive line with you at all times.
Speaker 2: And Cam hat didn't even move you know that, right? No, I definitely didn't move.
Speaker 1: Cam hat stayed on the whole time.
Speaker 5: The whole time, I was like, want to Cam Newton had what's the name of his life? I ain't gonna stay on that slippery head. It ain't gonna stay on that. But I just wanted to report.
Speaker 2: That Ashika hats.
Speaker 5: M e s h I k A go to Machika dot com to get ahead.
Speaker 6: Shot the ca if you want to get one of them.
Speaker 2: Cam Newton hats who had stayed. It is more like in place Neo or Cam Newton. I don't know. Neo had soon ever fall off me and they be tilted and.
Speaker 1: Some more they do they do.
Speaker 5: But Cam was fighting. I had some good hat balance too. But yeah, I gotta say Cam because they can Cam mister act.
Speaker 2: He was wrestling.
Speaker 5: He said, I oh yeah, fire gravity crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, lean to the side. It wouldn't never fall.
Speaker 2: But no Neo and Cam. That's so I say it, Yeah, yeah, crazy, all right, I go Cam.
Speaker 5: I'm glad when Neil takes hat off because I always feel like Neo has to be working too hard, you know, just yeah, so I'm happy when he takes his hat off.
Speaker 6: I gotta take Cam.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, that was just with the messtake, welcome, thank you all getting down.
Speaker 2: Before after the hour.
Speaker 5: I really don't know who I'm giving it to, but it's like this false narrative that's been being spread about myself and Killer Mike that I'd like to discuss after the hour, will discuss it.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Your execution on the Donkey of the Day is something to go for you the reason they gave me donkey other day?
Speaker 2: And I deserve that.
Speaker 10: People need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 2: I am you.
Speaker 10: Tell them.
Speaker 2: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 5: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at Charlamagne Charlamagne, Yeah, Solomon, who do you give a dusky other day too? Then?
Speaker 5: Well, sexy red Donkey today for Monday February twenty six isn't going to a particular person or individual. I'm casting a wide net, okay, it's just going to a false narrative that is being spread by people and individuals on social media. And I have to say in regards, I have to say networks like MSNBC too, not the whole of MSNBC, but I've seen a couple of articles on MSNBC blogs that have also pushed this false narrative.
Speaker 6: We were about to discuss.
Speaker 5: And this weekend, I was home and I woke up Saturday morning to a few people I highly respect, and they sent me some commentary from Stephanie Rule's MSNBC showed the Eleventh Hour. I've been on Stephanie's show before. I know Stephanie all love and respect. I enjoyed the program. She had assist on there named doctor Christina Greer, who was a political scientist at Fordham University, and they were discussing Trump sneakers.
Speaker 1: Okay, the lower third said.
Speaker 5: Trump hawke sneakers in bid to attract young voters, and doctor Christina grid was speaking to that, and then Stephanie Rule interjected and brought up myself in the good Brother killer Mike's name.
Speaker 6: Why I don't know?
Speaker 1: And then doctor Christina Grill went off, let's listen.
Speaker 27: We've had water, we've had stakes, we've had tiesis, and why don't I hear.
Speaker 25: From the Charlemagne and God or the killer Mike's out there saying hold on because.
Speaker 2: They need to read a book and or talk to a political science. Right.
Speaker 27: These are people who have massive platforms massive influence over not just young people, but black men in particular. They are the ones who are parrotying Russian propaganda, ones that you can find easland Facebook, sort of saying well, neither one does anything, so I don't know. If you want to stay home, that's up to you. They refuse to lay out how far this train can go off the track, right, how far Donald Trump can take us away from democratic ideals.
Speaker 2: This country is not perfect.
Speaker 27: Every black person knows that, right, but incrementally we have to actually work towards the ideals. We can't have people consistently telling young people, well, if you sit this one out, I don't think it'll make a difference, because you know, Joe Biden hasn't done anything for your community.
Speaker 10: Absolutely not.
Speaker 27: I mean we know that having debt relief for people who've gone to college that actually closes the wealth gap, right, so African Americans can actually start to buy a hose houses. I mean, the list goes on and on. So when you have people at Killer Mike and Charlotte and the God, I think they are actually real dangerous threats to democracy.
Speaker 5: Wow, doctor Christina Grim myself and Killer Michael threat to democracy? We parrot Russian propaganda. We tell black people not to vote. We refuse to lay out how far this train can go off the tracks, how far away Donald Trump can take us from democratic ideas. I mean, man, with all due respect, everything she said about Killer Mike and myself is a complete lie.
Speaker 6: And her lie wasn't intentional.
Speaker 5: She didn't go on your eleventh hour and say I'm gonna lie on Charlamagne and Killer Mike.
Speaker 1: Her lie is based on false information.
Speaker 5: Her lie is based off false narrative, false narratives that she might.
Speaker 6: See on Facebook.
Speaker 5: See when you see a false narrative on social media and you don't do any independent research to see if what is being said is true, and then you go on a platform and repeat that false narrative, if you are helping to push that lie, I know it's not intentional. Doctor Christina Greer is just a victim of false information, like.
Speaker 1: So many of us are. It gets brought to my attention to lies.
Speaker 5: A lot of black political pungents speak on social media and in their group chats about myself. I'm fully aware of who says what Black people in the political space on social media who love Master of Biden and the Democrats so much, and they hate any critique of them, so they have all these things to say about myself and the killer Mike. Listen, I don't have any problem with you disagreeing with us, but don't lie on us. Don't say we pushing Russian propaganda and telling folks not to vote. Please don't say I'm not willing to tell folks how far Trump can take us from democratic ideals. I don't even have to talk. Let's just run the receipt, because this is what I really want to get to.
Speaker 6: This is me.
Speaker 5: Earlier this year on Piers Morgan All the Way in the UK, peers asked me about Joe Biden's you ain't black comments. If you don't know whether to vote for me or Trump, you ain't black. And this was my answer when he asked me about that. I think what he was trying to say is simply, you know, if you vote for Donald Trump as a black person, you may be voting against your own interests.
Speaker 19: Do you think that is true?
Speaker 2: Do you think you're voting against your own instress as a black American if you vote with Trump?
Speaker 5: Yes, I do, because you know, I feel like you know, Donald Trump is a threat to democracy. And you know, when you talk about a country that could be leaning toward fascism because you have people in a party that are leaning toward fascism. You know, as a black person or any minority, I don't think you know, you would want to live under a fascist regime, and you know that's not something that's gonna fare too well for you. Let's go to when I was on Who's Talking to Chris Wallace on CNN? He asked me a simple question, what do I think of Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Listen, what do you think of Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: I think Donald Trump is a fascist who does not care about democracy in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: So you think it would be dangerous for the country if he were to get back on the white.
Speaker 5: I think I think that is I think that's an understatement, you know, and I think that's also the pickle that we as American people are in, right. I think that it's three options in twenty twenty four. You have Donald Trump, who's the criminal. You have Joe Biden, who represents the cowarch, the Democratic Party of Cowarch. They don't fight enough, and you got the couch. And I think you know the couch is votapathy. And I think a lot of people are going to choose to stay home in twenty twenty four and that that shit scare us. The one time that people should absolutely positively be terrified and be afraid of what could happen to democracy is next year. Oh, the magabots are getting information in my comments right now. Now Listen my clear yet, because I'm consistent, I'm gonna play one more. This is me when I was on this Week on ABC with Jonathan carl and Jonathan he Too asked me about Donald Trump. Listen, this is the first time in my life when people say things like, you know, this person is a democracy. It's absolutely true, and it's mind boggling to me that you know, nobody is taking it as serious as I feel like they should. Like, we watched an attempted cool of this country happen on January sixth, and everybody's acting like it was just a bunch of people, you know, while and at spring break, you know, down in Florida, like we literally watched, you know, people try to overthrow the government because they didn't like the results of an election led by a former you know, president.
Speaker 1: If that doesn't cause a sense of urgency and people.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Will is that the Russian propaganda doctor Christina Grier speaking about it.
Speaker 6: That sounds like someone telling people not to vote. Listen.
Speaker 5: I'm not even mad at doctor Christina Grib because I understand how this happens, and this is what I want to say this morning. Fox News does a phenomenal job of pushing the narrative they want out there. For example, if I'm in an interview and I say President Biden is an uninspiring candidate with no man character energy. If I get on this head and I ask a question, is the Biden Harris administration a ticket that can win in November? Because based off the low approval ratings, the low poll numbers, the fact Trump has not even criminal charges, the fact Trump is will want to be dictated, a poll show he still might win a general election.
Speaker 6: If I ask, are they a ticket that can still win?
Speaker 5: Or if I say, you know which I have, I think Biden should step aside for the good of the party, because he himself said it's fifty other people in the Democratic Party who could beat Trump. When I say those things in the conversation, Fox will take those clips and turn them into stories. They constantly push the narrative they want out there to the American people, because using those clips reinforces the narrative they are pushing that black.
Speaker 6: People are off Biden.
Speaker 5: If you ask me, I personally believe what my guy Tim Ryan believes, and that there is an.
Speaker 1: Exhausted majority of people in America.
Speaker 5: It's not about race, gender, sexuality, nothing, sexuality, none of that. Okay, it's just a bunch of us who are hired of it all. But I don't want to get sidetrack. Fox News does a phenomenal job of taking from these interviews what they want to push their narrative.
Speaker 6: Why doesn't the left do the same.
Speaker 5: There's not one interviewer I don't want America about the dangers of a second Trump presidency. But instead of amplifying those things, y'all follow the leader Fox News that is your daddy, because they are the cable news leaders. Okay, y'all make y'all commentary about the headlines they create. In regards to what I said, Saluthormedia dot com, Kobe Hall, that's my guy. Kobe wrote a fantastic article once about me, discussing how Fox News only highlights my criticism.
Speaker 6: Of Biden, but never about Trump.
Speaker 5: And by the way, my Biden commentary is not rooted in whether or not he's done things for black people or not. Have I expressed those things before, yes, But in this season, I'm asking a simple question, is Biden Harris still a winnable ticket. I'm not saying nothing. David Axelrod hasn't said, I'm not saying nothing.
Speaker 6: Ezra Kline hasn't said.
Speaker 5: But y'all, black political scientists and pundits, y'all don't call him threats to democracy?
Speaker 19: Why?
Speaker 5: Because they white men? You know That's why? Okay, I truly believe y'all. I'm not mad about what I'm saying, y'all, just mad as me saying it. I'm in the hip hop radio personality with no college degree, no political experience.
Speaker 6: What does he know?
Speaker 5: The rapper Killer Mike is just a rapper, Okay, The rapper Killer Mike and the hip hop radio personality shouldn't be the one saying these things. And you know what, I feel so bad for Mike because Mike not even saying nothing. Okay, this time last year, I was in the studio with Killer Mike and our beautiful black wives and our good brother Little Duval, and we was listening to the album that would go on to win Rap Album of the Year at the Grammys.
Speaker 2: Michael Okay and Killer Mike said, back then he.
Speaker 5: Was focusing on local politics in Atlanta and in Georgia, and he was focusing on his music. You don't want to talk politics, but the left gets so caught up in the conservative narrative that they took from Mike's two times he's spoken.
Speaker 1: About politics over the last thirty days.
Speaker 5: Mike said on Bill Maher Ma he didn't want to endorse anyone, Okay, so they bought it back up on the View, can I played just a little bit of what Mike said on Bill Maher before we get out of here, played play with himself.
Speaker 11: I still like the policy that thought old man had that I was supporting.
Speaker 12: I would encourage people to find who's supporting that policy and see what.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, play what he said on the View.
Speaker 1: That's all they got, you know, how to view clipping there?
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Well, anyway, Mike says, I supported Bernie Sanders. You should support the candidate most in line with progressive policies, the person who's more prone to work with progressives. He said on the View, I supported Keisha Lance Bottoms, who worked for the Biden administration, and I supported all these other Democrats in Georgia, and he named him, and he says you should follow and support the candidate they are supporting. If I'm Bill Maher, if I'm Sonny on the View, I'm looking at the camera and saying, oh, that would be Joe Biden. This is why Fox News wins, because conservatives are just better at messaging. They put the narratives they want out there, and then the left debates and fights about Fox News narratives instead of simply.
Speaker 2: Creating their own.
Speaker 6: So it makes me wonder who y'all working for. Because y'all hear us saying these things about Trump.
Speaker 5: You hear where we pushing people, But y'all don't amplify that. Y'all amplify our criticism of Biden. So who's really pushing propaganda? Please give all these folks pushing these false narratives about killing Mike and myself the biggest hull. All right, listen, black people, I promise you that you can criticize Democrats and still you know, vote for them.
Speaker 6: If you choose, you.
Speaker 5: Can criticize any elected official Democrats are Republican and still support them and vote for them if you choose, okay, and don't let nobody tell you otherwatch all right, well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that, Donky. Today took fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: I needed to get that up.
Speaker 5: I'm not need I needed to lay it all out so if there was ever any confusion from anybody, they can just go listen to that.
Speaker 6: That's okay, that's all all right, stop lying.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: This weekend on Lifetime they had the documentary for Wendy Williams. Where is Wendy Williams If you've seen it, let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one had her son on there, her nephew, her family, her father, her manager, her.
Speaker 1: Publicist, everybody but the goody.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: I ain't never seen that lifelong friend. I'm gonna tell you all that too. I never seen that life I know, least of a lifelong friend. I ain't never heard of the other person they had on this California Regina.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think maybe they are I never seen them. I know what you call Where's Wendy Williams? Money?
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss it. Did you see it? What were your thoughts? Let's have a conversation. It's the breakast Club in morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one o five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us. During the first just with the mess we talked and discussed about Wendy Williams documentary that was all over Lifetime this weekend. Where's Wendy Williams. So we're asking eight hundred five A five one oh five one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: What are your else? Yes, my thoughts is that it's all over the place, and I don't know who to blame, So I blame everybody who is in that documentary.
Speaker 7: I think that I think they're killing her, trying to kill her legacy. I don't I don't think. I don't understand the purpose of putting that on. At first, I thought maybe they were doing it to try to get I guess, get away from the guardianship and maybe have the family do it. But after watching it, it seems like she needs the guardian.
Speaker 2: They had her.
Speaker 7: Drinking, which we all know she has an alcohol problem. It seems like she has an alcohol problem. They had her drinking on the show and.
Speaker 2: Then to expose like and then her to have her PR say be so just as delusion to what she is, Like, No, she knows her limits, like she knows what are you talking about? No, she does not. And now you you went from her PR and now you live with her. Now you're heard. You know you do managerial things too, like I don't know who hired you and where you come from. Yeah, I mean, you know.
Speaker 5: It's interesting, right because you can't ruin a person's legacy because you can't erase what she's done. It's like a lot of times, it's like a sports career.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: You can think of you because because you might, you might think about what they do now. But her legacy is still her. She's still Wendy Williams in the Radio Hall of Fame. She still did those fourteen years on TV when she was busting people's ass in daytime ratings. You may look at it now and be like, damn, it ended bad with the first few chapters of that book, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was very well but that but that's how that book should close. But we should Bruce Willis's Bruce Willis's has dementia. Do we see the things that he's talking about, the things he's doing right now.
Speaker 1: That's because that's because that's because people are putting the camera in her face.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: For me watching the documentary, I felt the same way. I felt like, you know, everybody in this documentary is exploiting her because it surprised me to see that her son was an executive producer, because there's.
Speaker 2: No way I would want my mother to be seen in that light.
Speaker 5: Like there's no amount of money, there's I don't even know the story they was trying to tell if they was trying to raise awareness to her being like held captive somewhere, and then I get it, but they seem to know where she is. Yeah, like she was calling them at the end of the episode, was saying how she's doing better.
Speaker 2: Didn't the point? And then even for them to like her to always have to go to Miami to see them, why couldn't they come to see her if they knew where she lived in New York? Like, why why couldn't I understand her son is in school. I understand people may have jobs and everything, But why can't y'all go see her? Y'all know she can barely walk. She can fit only two percent of her feet, like and she says this, and she kept showing her feet. Why would y'all have her go through the hands of putting on a plane and all of that.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 7: When they have wellness sentence, does your family put you in those wellness sentences?
Speaker 6: Because I do like somebody else put her in there.
Speaker 7: I would figure I would feel like her family would force her to go to wellness and if they could, I don't even know if they can't, you know, I mean like my father would force me if I was drinking like that, you know what I mean, like make me.
Speaker 2: And it's also crazy when they say Wendy wanted this out.
Speaker 5: Y'all know she not a sound mind, So why would y'all listen to her when it comes to this? Doc Clearly y'all don't want to listen to her when it comes to nothing else, So why listen to her when it comes to putting, not just even.
Speaker 2: As simple as when it first came on, like her wig was sliding back like it was a hoodie. Like it's like, why wouldn't somebody say, hold up? Where was Sean Zanati? Then you live in the next room. Why why you wouldn't be like, oh, hold up, pull your wake up a little bit. Why wouldn't you do that?
Speaker 5: And I also want to say that documentary was very triggering for me for somebody who worked with Wendy Williams for three years, which part because I saw people saying the dimension was causing her to talk to people like that, now shut the hell up, because 'all don't know what you'all talking about.
Speaker 6: I never even a dimension.
Speaker 5: Those are the moments I was like, that's Wendy.
Speaker 6: Those are the moments where I was like, there go, Wendy.
Speaker 2: Did she ever tell you to get light pe sections, to get label section? But that's what will was saying. Though Will was saying like, no, that's that's her. He said that, like, now, that's when you can't blame all of that on dimension.
Speaker 6: None of that was dementia.
Speaker 19: I was.
Speaker 5: I saw that how long ago I used to work with them. That was Wendy the first and I write about this in my first book. The first time I met Wendy, she told me, get the f out this studio and take that mixtape to her husband.
Speaker 6: She's in here trying to do her show.
Speaker 5: She was like, I want to three point nine in Columbia, South Carolina, and I was trying to give us mixed.
Speaker 2: You pulled up the rat for her.
Speaker 5: No, I was just giving because of the way I used to do my mixtapes. I used to be on there talking like I was doing radio, so kind. I was trying to give him my my head check. She said, take that mixtape to my husband. Get the f out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do my show. You went in there like that's an adaptation of running out of.
Speaker 23: Here.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the floor.
Speaker 15: From text, good morning.
Speaker 7: What was your thoughts on a Wendy Williams dot Okay, Charlotmagne.
Speaker 15: You know this lifelong friend.
Speaker 13: She talked about Redge on the show all the time, So reg Is Regina.
Speaker 2: I never heard of red heard my gosh.
Speaker 15: No, but she would always talk about her.
Speaker 10: She said, Redge came up for the weekend.
Speaker 17: We had a girl's weekend she'd talk about her on the show, so.
Speaker 15: I knew I remember Bredge. But also Wendy would never go anywhere without some type of head wrap or wig or something. And to see her like this makes me so sad. I don't care about karma and all that stuff. It makes me so sad.
Speaker 5: What she said on the documentary, she when she got back on TV, she was gonna take her a whiy GoF she did, yeah, she said, she.
Speaker 2: Said that, And she said she was gonna sell it too, because again it leads back to her money. She wants money. She says she was gonna sell it, take it off, shake it, and then whoever one can buy it from her, it's gonna come with a price that it costs you. That's what she said. She would sell the wig off her here for some money.
Speaker 5: And I also want to say, Regina, if I met you before and I don't remember, I'm sorry, I don't remember a Regina. I remember Lisa. Lisa was Wendy's best friend, lifelong friend, That's what I know. And Lisa was on the original documentary, the first one that Lifetime did a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: She's from Jersey.
Speaker 6: I think I don't remember what.
Speaker 2: He was wrong.
Speaker 7: But let's take your phone calls when we come back. Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. We're talking to way Wendy Williams doc. What was your thoughts? Let's discuss it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 28: Come morning, y'all talking about it? You know, talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's topic time called eight hundred and five eighty five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is the DJ Envy, Jess, Larry Shola, mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about the Wendy Williams doc on Lifetime.
Speaker 1: Whereas Wendy, A lot of.
Speaker 2: People want to discuss. Hello, who's this? This is co call Hey Coco, what was your thoughts?
Speaker 15: My thoughts? I actually think that it was good that it was shown, and I know that it wasn't. It didn't put her in a good light, but I think that her family wanted it to be shown to show how the guardianship is not proper to carry for her, because if she has a guardian, why does she have access to alcohol all day every day?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I don't think that's a guardian. I feel like that's the other people that's to who the people at the guardian are trying to make sure it's not around, you know. I mean the fact that she has liquors. Somebody has to be buying that liquor exactly.
Speaker 15: But the guardian is already in place and he has he has access liquor. So when he was with her family and it wasn't a guardian in place, there was no liquor, they make sure and stay it away from her. But now that she's there and her manager and these people all around her, they're allowing her to have access to this.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well to me, I feel like they're like letting her sit up in this work, waiting for her to unallow herself slowly so that they can protect the money because of money. That's what it looks like to me.
Speaker 2: Right, And I wonder what a guardian is.
Speaker 7: A guardian supposed to be there twenty four hours, seven days a week, and that how the guardian work.
Speaker 2: Position. Yeah, no, that's like a different position.
Speaker 1: So she can't meet here at twenty five hours, seven days a week, so she can't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guardians. And then, like I said, I don't think the guardian is actual one person. I think guardianship is that's a couple of people. Way to be a team of people.
Speaker 5: If you if your goal is to raise away as to how bad guardianships are in America, we ain't need four and a half hours of Wendy looking crazy to show us that is that in the pressure week?
Speaker 2: Not at all? Not at all?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Hey, Christina?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: What did you think of the Wendy william Dot Good morning?
Speaker 14: Envy, good morning, and good morning Arline?
Speaker 2: Is that good morning?
Speaker 14: Okay? So Envy, let me just say this. Okay, first, we're gonna start off by saying that she's a legend, regardless I've written legends. Tell I just feel as if this documentary at the end of the day is so disrespectful to her, and I don't think that if she was in her real state of mind that she would want this to be aired like this, right Like, if you've been looking at all of what's been going on, in all honesty, it's so sad and it's hard for you not to even have any type of empathy. So it's what you seem so far right now, in all honesty, I've been like ever since it's been going out too. You know, it's hard to watch it and give these people to views for it, but you can tell ever since twenty nineteen and it's divorced from her husband, everything's been going downhill from that and the way that the courts are set up nowadays as well. Regardless of how much money you make, I make, who wasn't made two and fifty thousand dollars a month? It's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much?
Speaker 6: Who was getting too?
Speaker 19: Fifty a month?
Speaker 2: That's how.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 19: Oh got you?
Speaker 9: Got you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, But you know, I don't know how they divided that money because you know, he was a he was a husband and manager, so I don't know how they did it with the money. But it's like when they're watching Wendy and they're saying one of those bills was she was spending one hundred thousand dollars a month, and that has to be a lot because you know, at the time, Wendy's not making it, she's not doing her show anymore.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money.
Speaker 7: And that's that's what makes me feel like maybe somebody should have been watching the money to make sure that she wasn't spending that money like that. But I don't know what she needed. I don't know what her bills are, but one hundred thousand seems like a lot.
Speaker 5: Hey, the moral of the story that documentary was trash. I don't know why they put that documentary on television. It makes zero sense to me. I don't know what they were trying to accomplish. You know, there's a part of me that's like, hey, they were trying to raise awareness for dementia. I didn't need to see Wendy Willing it was in that state for four and a half hours for y'all to do that. If y'all trying to raise away in this for guardianships, I didn't need to see her in that state for four and a half hours for y'all to do that. Like, this documentary served no purpose and everybody involved with this should be ashamed of theyself. And I was shocked to see that she had family members like her son, who were executive producers. Because there's no way I'm watching this doc and saying I want this out about my mom.
Speaker 7: But not even that they're saying they want to put it back on television. I don't think anybody would put it back on television after seeing that, you know what I mean, she just doesn't seem or even.
Speaker 2: A podcast, you know what. Will was trying to pitch like the pocket with Will and Sean kept on trying to pitch.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna sit here and lie to y'all.
Speaker 5: But that documentary was definitely a roller coaster ride because there was moments in that documentary where Wendy Williams is still the very entertaining personality that we all knew and loved. Okay, I laughed quite a few times, but you don't want to see that. Might do section eat, but you gottadertand I saw that up close in person too.
Speaker 6: So when I saw her say that to the girl, I was laughing.
Speaker 2: I was like, that was windy.
Speaker 5: And then the first thing I thought was, and I tell y'all this all the time. I'm pointing at sid right now, the cities in there holding the cameboy.
Speaker 2: I tell all the youngers in.
Speaker 5: Here all the time, y'all don't know how good y'all got. Y'all don't know what we had to go through. And then the people that we came up under and how crazy they.
Speaker 2: Used to talk to Why you have a new face? Yeah, because you was so what you was so bullied that you had to go get a whole new face. No, all right, what where are we going through this? Because I didn't laugh one time? You didn't laugh at all. No, I didn't laugh one time. Now, when she asked the nail tech when she's stupid, I didn't. I didn't, you know, she said, are you stupid? She didn't. Now she's disgusted with me. I didn't laugh when she told the girl she needed to get light old she I mean, you know, she could have asked the girl, you could have put up another track in the back of the head.
Speaker 6: You didn't laughing what she said, Now go downstairs right.
Speaker 2: Now, et something that to make you fatter. No, I did not think any of that was funny. Nothing, Nope, nothing I chuckled. I did.
Speaker 1: I did, And I just want to say what they or even her.
Speaker 5: Facial expressions, because see a lot of that, y'all think it is because she's sick. Y'all, remember when Wendy always made crazy faces when she knew how to look at the camera. There was moments in that doctor she would just look at the camera and make the craziest faith and you laugh.
Speaker 2: No, I did not laugh. She has never stretched her damn eyeballs that big before that. Nobody, No, no, no, no, she has never stretched her eyeball. Always had the thyroid problems for more than like one second. It's her eyes not dry. No, I have never. I didn't laugh one time. I wasn't laughing at her.
Speaker 5: I was laughing at the entertainment value that Wendy can still provide.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we wouldn't want to see that.
Speaker 6: Definitely.
Speaker 1: There was no human resources back then.
Speaker 2: If they did their standard, that ball, that ball was in hell. That ball was in hell.
Speaker 1: All right, we got just with the mess coming up, Yes we do.
Speaker 2: I have to wrecked the Andy Cohen story. It was something that I said that it was just a little part of the story. So we won't. Just is gonna bring the numbers on the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: He looks so professional.
Speaker 2: I thank you very much thanks to the Messy Visions. I had to get your glaces Messy Vision dot com. That's my wear line. Andy Cohen apologized to Brandy Glanthorpe. Remember the first like the second hour, I reported this, but I reported it wrong. I could have swore last week somebody was like, oh, he wanted Brandy to watch him and his boyfriend or his husband had sex. But no, it was another Bravo star. It was Kate chass thing.
Speaker 7: That's why I was like, which makes it a joke because he's gay, And that's what I kept saying earlier. Okay, because he's gay, and it's okay, he gay, Like why which makes it Joe?
Speaker 5: And gay men be joking like that? Sadly, I don't think they should be able to. I think it's still inappropriate, but they do.
Speaker 2: But the fact that it's another woman, like, oh yeah, come on, she should have known. And then, like you said, she probably didn't know it was a joke, and Andy probably made her mad. So she was like, you know what, I'm gonna tell them. I'm gonna tell everybody that she want me to watch you.
Speaker 6: And Kate have sacks and because they know, I don't like pumb them anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, period, that's just what that is. Like to correct that shot. That's why my my niece is real, thank you very much. Simultaneously, that was nice, all right, Sweety clapsed back at criticism, so she just dropped a new single called rich Tivity's Play Number three.
Speaker 6: Okay, O, good for you. Inflation is high. We don't want to hear that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I get that. I get that. It gives me like a little bit of sexy red. You know, like how her chorus or her hooks be like real simple I'm doing you know what I'm saying. Like it's a little vibe like if you're in the car written down like riding through Compton or something like that. All right, but fans started sharing their thoughts. They started to share their thoughts and it was like, sweety music is really mid. She just looked good. So she calmed the back and said, y'all support a lot of mid music. Y'all support a lot of mid music. So maybe I'll fit in. And so she know it's me. It's like, okay, whatever, I'm gonna fit in. But I'm not gonna stop like that. She's never gonna stop showing up like jay Z told her not to. But the thing is, I remember when she read for Jack Coole, like she always had like this this type of you know, MIDI type lyricism. Let's hear that number, so you say that grub up with this stuff just because I didn't want to give you with my number.
Speaker 3: But bro steak one boy ja, I call my class, but I look like Stender on that last.
Speaker 10: Quite I get my own.
Speaker 28: I'm gonna keep your petty got let's mask on my Facebook with your girl.
Speaker 2: Jack, take me and call me a d Did she say ride? But she said ride, but you can't stop. Don't try to deal with that this way. I want your body book with the not talk you went something said, then beat you like your bodies fearing your MoMA life.
Speaker 10: You're an Indian la.
Speaker 2: That's right before you walk away? Oh my god, Jay, you do to her?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, is crazy?
Speaker 2: She how she started this, how she's going in and she's never gonna stop. So keep on, keep on giving us MIDI baby.
Speaker 6: I will say, though, what she says is true.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if she's being sarcastic or not, but does if there's so much mid music out there, there's no bar for you.
Speaker 6: If the mid is your bar and you stop at mid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do y'all expect it more from me? When this is what I gave y'all when I came out.
Speaker 1: But she wasn't shooting for mid guys.
Speaker 2: Uh, judging by her tweet, she was like, well she's been.
Speaker 5: Fitting like girls stop maybe she should stop listening in the mid and stop and start listening to like the Dogie Cats, and that she don't maybe she just don't want to deal with it or she can do with it.
Speaker 7: Wasn't trying to be mid. She was trying to be great and y'all made y'all call them it's great.
Speaker 2: It's great, man like, ain't ever smoke no great mead before?
Speaker 6: Please especially.
Speaker 2: She at got thanks to much to make this mus should go in there, drop it, make it five ten minutes.
Speaker 5: You got a track when you go out the country on the islands and wind. They got that fresh off the off the ground, don't.
Speaker 2: It Hits okay?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: So DDG shares advice from jay Z. Now Uh he sat down with Hollywood on lock or whatever, and he was referring to the advice that jay Z gave him at uh Beyonce's birthday party. He played them before I actually met the birthday party. Actually, I was like, what advice could you give me as a as an artist? And he was like if people he gave me like an analogy.
Speaker 5: He was like, if people go to a Chinese restaurant, they expecting Chinese food.
Speaker 19: You know what I'm saying, So give the people what they came for.
Speaker 2: Types Okay, So what do people come to DDG for Chinese food? Right? I mean obviously like what like? And then this is what jay Z said to Gail King when that that that thing was coming out. It was a meme, a question. Would you sit down with jay z 'll take five hundred thousand. This is what he said to Gail King.
Speaker 6: You gotta gotta take money.
Speaker 5: What I'm gonna say, because you got them you got all that in the music for ten ninety nine, and that's a that's.
Speaker 2: A bad deal.
Speaker 5: I would tell I wouldn't tell you to cut a bad deal, Like I don't take the five hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Go buy some albums and listen to the album.
Speaker 2: DDG don't even know what people wanted. If jay Z told me that he asked him for advice, If jay Z said, if you go into a Chinese carry out, they're gonna give you Chinese food, yeah, I'd be like, Okay, that was a good joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly, clearly, clearly, clearly, there was no food at this party.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: All the food they had at the party wasn't what he wanted. Jay clearly wanted Chinese food.
Speaker 2: That was what was on jay Z prayer, Like, YO, stop asking me for a vice with my wife Claudia, go find Hanley.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: You asking me for so? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, I tuned into another movie, Me and Coppa. My girl Kelly was in it. I watched it on Netflix, thank you very much, and the Moe movie reviews, Yo, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: He trying to put out there?
Speaker 2: I don't got no TV. My cousin had put me to TV for my birthday and they never came something like did you buy him or not? So now you should buy me to TV? Since trying to pull my business out there, Like I did not say anything? Did you watch? I watched on my laptop with us and the movie the acting was good, I'm gonna say it was. It was written directed by Tyler Parry you know now, Travante Rose and Kelly. She did great, he did great. The writing was very Tyler. I'm I'm just I don't. I don't know why they had Kelly's so damn weak in the movie. Why would you write her to be so weak? Even the first five minutes she is like when it's like she ain't got no backbone, she don't know what's going on. It's like she on the spectrum a little bit like he wrote her to beat on a spectrum, but she one of the top lawyers in the world. High what did attorney on the spectrum? Yeah, that's what I felt like she was. I know, Love on the Spectrum is the watch I mean Netflix, but yeah, I and Okay, so the movie has a fourteen percent ratings on written to me, it was, but it just came out, y'all. I encourage y'all to watch it because it's actually it's a good film. It honestly gave me to be a plot line, I mean plot like they always have, like a good like good plot and and then like, uh, this one actually usually you can predict all the party's dramas or whatever you can predict, you can't predict it until like the end. It's it's a crazy twist. But I just wish he made Kelly like, yeah, it's like this is modern day this Yeah, like this took place like a long time ago, like back in the long, long time agose days. These days, we're not acting like that. We're not gonna let nobody white people during segregation almost a little bit. Yeah, it was given like I gotta be quiet, you know, I'm black, Like, no, I haven't seen Yeah, so please watch it though. I encourage people to watch it and give your you know, give your your feedback on it. Yeah, with the mess absolutely and her news is real allegedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get to the People's Choice Mix the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same. I want everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy Jess Hilarry Scholamine, the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Is Black History Month? What we're doing today?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: What were doing for Black History Month? Sleuth to myguidbdot.
Speaker 5: You know, every day during Black History Month, Beatt puts you out an episode of I Didn't Know. Maybe you didn't either, on The Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network. And today be Dot's gonna tell you about Massacre Mondays. That's right, listen up.
Speaker 24: Massacre Mondays, the city East Saint Louis. The year nineteen seventeen. All right, let's go back to nineteen seventeen. The United States has an active economy. It's boosted by the World War One. A lot of people that would be working has been drafted into military service. Black folks started the Great Migration, which was moving from the South to the North, you know, trying to get away from the lyncheons and at Jim Crow South. During the spring of eighteen seventy, blacks was arriving in Saint Louis at the rate of two thousand per week, and of course the white folks was mad at black folks. Black folks are moving and they're willing to work a lot more for a lot less. Insert July first, nineteen seventeen. It was a black Ford model t as some white boys in it. They drove through a black area in the city, a group of black folks.
Speaker 2: On the street.
Speaker 24: White boys get the shooting in the crowd. An hour later, another for comfry looking similarly. They had four people in the vehic, a journalist, two police officers. Winning they came into the same area. Now the black folk there, possibly assuming that the car was the same folt that just came through earlier, shooting up the place.
Speaker 2: They opened fire on the car. In that shooting, they killed an.
Speaker 24: Officer instantly and they mortally wounded another that set it off. The next day, thousands of white folks went down there to look at that dog on car with all the detectives blood in there. From there they rested the black sections of the city, beating and shooting blacks on the streets. Women, child, drink didn't matter. They cut the water hoses at the fire department and then went and burned the entire sections of the city. Then they would stand outside and any black folks that was trying to escape the fires. The following day, on July third, nineteen seventeen, a reporter from the Saint Louis Dispatch road for an hour and a half last evening, I saw the massacre of helpless negroes in downtown East Saint Louis, where black skin was a death warrant. The New York Times reported one of the interactions, ten or fifteen young girls were about eighteen years old, chased a Negro woman at the relay depot at about five o'clock. The girls were brandishing clubs and calling upon the men to kill the woman. The NAACP says between one hundred and two hundred black people died that weekend. Six thousand black folks were left homeless after their neighborhoods were burned. They said it was about four hundred thousand dollars worth of total property damage. That's about nine million dollars a day. One of the silliest stories I saw was Lina Cook. She survived and she testified against three white men who've killed her husband and her fourteen year old son. Now John Charles Hannah and Harry Robinson weren't charged with the death of her family, but they were tried for the murder of William Kaiser. Now William Kaiser was a white merchant who had been killed by a bullet that passed through the body of Larissa be Heres. They both got found guilty of murder and sentenced to fifteen years in prison. If you don't understand what I'm saying, I'm saying these white men weren't on trial for killing her son. The bullet that went through her son and killed a white man that was on trial for that, And I didn't know. Maybe you didn't neither.
Speaker 2: No, all right, salute to be that.
Speaker 1: Yes, th to my guy be Donter, make sure you subscribed that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know, maybe you didn't neither. On the black effect, iHeart radio podcast Network.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, we got the positive note and more is the breakfast club in the morning.
Speaker 20: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is j n V, Jesse, Larry is, Charlamage the God. We are the breakfast Club. Time to get up out of here. Charlomagne, you got a positive milk?
Speaker 2: Well before he do that, y'all. We're close and closer to my birthday badge This Saturdays, right March second. We will be at the Bottomore Peninsula from A to twelve party. And I see a lot of y'all my comments like jes A, the twelve ain't nothing. Oh, I guess you can't come because I won't be there at the twelve. So get your tickets right now because it's my bio. And to get tables. Go through my caption to see how you get tables. Y'all are selling quick, and I think we had three tables left. Tickets are selling. Make sure you get your tickets.
Speaker 9: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Just come through, Come through, and come through looking like something because I might do pictures. I might do pictures. Iody go through like I did last year and take pictures and dance with everybody. If y'all not coughing. First, this is a little buggy. It's a little buggy, that's right, y'all? All right?
Speaker 5: Well positive, yeah, it's a positive notice simply this man on this Monday. I want you to remember and also learn to say, that's on you.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Your behavior is on you. The way you move is on you. The choices you make are all on you. The way you live, it's all on you. Stop absorbing the pain of other people. Recognize what belongs to you and what does it Okay, have a blessed day
Speaker 1: Breakfast club picture you don't finish'