Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hello, long time, no sea. I know for real, it feels like it's been a while. Joelle looks at your fabulous glasses. Fabulous.
Speaker 2: Think you makes that jacket? Jack?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 3: That's a really cool jacket.
Speaker 2: It makes that jacket.
Speaker 1: I put on a fit for you all today. Now, my first question, I'll tell you makes the jack. Okay, don't yell at me. Jesus buck Mason, Buck Mason, everyone you need you need this jacket. Here's my question. Do you guys think I can pull off the pink? I'm wearing a pink pepto bismally sweatshirt. Audience, I'm trying it out. What do we think? You look great?
Speaker 2: I love it. You look very t mobile.
Speaker 1: Do you think, Joel, if you if you saw a man or a woman that you were attracted to and they were wearing a pink color like.
Speaker 4: This, which I say, hold up, you've already you've already you're so gaslighting right now, Joel. If you saw a man that you were attracted to wearing a pink.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm just asking. Okay, let me reframe, let me lead, let me rephrase. Do you think men can pull off this color.
Speaker 5: I do, I do. I think.
Speaker 3: How great would have been was like, fuck.
Speaker 5: No, that would have been crazy.
Speaker 1: You like him, I'm trying to do.
Speaker 5: Pink is a lovely color. Flowers or lots of great things are pink. Okay, it's a beautiful color. I don't know why people get weird about it.
Speaker 4: It is it is weird that people get like I don't get it either, Like I like pink. I remember I wore pink once and it was a pink sweater. I thought it was a lovely pink polo sweater. And the reaction I got was like, whoa that year was it?
Speaker 2: But it wasn't. It was like a long ago.
Speaker 1: She's asking how long ago was it was?
Speaker 2: It like was it was well over? You know, sixteen step before.
Speaker 5: Evolved for the most part.
Speaker 1: See, I think pink maybe has evolved, right, because Barty, do you ever well forget well, I guess you can't forget party, But I mean, like my point is is, like, do you ever go buy something that you're like, this is so outside what I would normally wear, but I want to try it out and then and then you're kind of staring at it in your closet, like is today gonna be the day I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 4: This Gucci Gucci, that's the good chi check like I bought look Okay, So here's my issue. I buy clothes and then I don't wear them because I'm like, that's too nice. I cannot get this dirty. I cannot you know what I mean, Like I have this phobia. Right, And so I was in Vegas with Zach and I might have made a little money on that blackjack table, and I said, you know, with my winnings, I'm gonna treat myself. Yeah, And I got a little Gucci and I put it on my goodness grace. Just I was walking around Vegas, of all places where you know, you get dirty real quick in Vegas, which is a Gucci on.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna rock Gucci. Vegas is probably the spot.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel out of place.
Speaker 1: That's you looked very handsome. I was with you. You looks good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing you a lot of press and you've been rocking those those those those Gucci sneakers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So for Christmas, yeah, my best friend got me some Gucci kicks.
Speaker 1: Look because they looked good on you too, don't they I've been rocking you get compliments on.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, I've been.
Speaker 4: Actually, you know, here's the here's the beautiful thing about Gucci.
Speaker 2: It always looks good, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, I know Pharrell got something going on with Louis Vatan right now, and you know we Andrew Piney who rocks Louis Vatan like nobody's business and it looks great on him.
Speaker 2: But I kind of like Gucci. I'm not a lie. Like, if anybody want to buy me gifts.
Speaker 1: Oh, those are Gucci, you will. I'll just pointed to her new dope glasses. How would you describe those? They're big and round, They're kind of like the fashionista and the incredible she wears those.
Speaker 5: I got them because of that.
Speaker 1: I love that they look really good on you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now, what about overalls because another one of my things that that I bought was overalls, and I'm feeling like I'm not sure about them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have many many questions. What color is the wash?
Speaker 1: Okay, they're sort of an olivey green.
Speaker 5: Oh this is much better? Okay, great? Their long pants? What's the cut on them?
Speaker 1: Do they make shorts? Overall shorts?
Speaker 3: They they do I did not wearing overall shorts.
Speaker 4: I about to say, you're wearing later hosts.
Speaker 1: No, although I would love to see overall shorts now that you say later that can picture them. No, They're just they look like you know it would you would not flinch if a painter was wearing them. But I like, can I wear them to set? Or do I look like an idiot? I'm not sure, but I'm gonna try.
Speaker 5: I feel like directors, at least at all the behind the scenes I've seen. I'm like, either they're like in the Chris suits, in your Nolan's style or like Ry style. Howard looks like she's so cozy when she directs, just like well, lots of heavy sweaters like scars. I feel like if you're like I'm comfortable and I can move in this, people have to just respect that.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you wear overalls, people are going to be like, maybe he works with props.
Speaker 1: I think I'm the director of the show. I mean, you know, I used to just roll up directing like in whatever the coziest thing was, but now I'm directing shrinking lately. That's why we have them. Well, Donald's working and I'm working, so sorry, and.
Speaker 2: I've just been touring. You've been freaking.
Speaker 1: Well, you've been doing press, so I just wanted to say to the audience, sorry, we haven't been around for a second, but we'll be back regularly.
Speaker 2: I said, don't blame me, motherfucker. This is.
Speaker 1: That on Instagram. I've been seeing you on a big press tour. But anyway, I'm directing Shrinking and it's so much fun. But yeah, I feel like I want to, like, I like to like not full Chris Nolan suit, but I try and like, you know, wear a nice outfit each day to.
Speaker 2: Representing Nolan rocks a suit when he Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some directors, Sam sam Raimi's another one.
Speaker 1: Some directors wear a suit every single When I was on Ozar Great and Powerful, we shot that for like six months. Sam Raimi wore a suit every single day with shoes with tie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but with shoes or sneakers.
Speaker 1: He may have had comfortable shoes on.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Like that's where I I.
Speaker 4: That's fine if you want to wear a suit, whatever you wear on your body is fine, But like you're a you gotta be comfortable man, And I get no, that's the that's the one thing that's important.
Speaker 2: And so if you if you are suits suited up, so be it.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I read somewhere forgot who it was which director said this, but they said the best advice they could give to a director is to change your socks at lunch.
Speaker 3: Hm hm oh interesting.
Speaker 1: Because it's really weird. But you by the time you get to lunch, you're like exhausted already, and you're and you're you're sweat all day in your in your feet, right, So then there's something about like starting the second chapter of the day with a fresh pair of dry socks that adds a little bit of psychosomatic like okay, here we go again, new chapter. And you'd think it was like silly, but it actually works. So if I, whether you're a filmmaker or you do anything that that requires a lot of you and I don't know, try it. There's something about changing your socks at lunch full support.
Speaker 2: I think changing my underwear might be the ticket.
Speaker 1: Well, do you sweat your balls sweat enough that you need to wait, we got to tell Daniel what happened. We're not going to say who it was. But a very very very fancy executive said to Donald and I, Hey, thanks a lot. I was listening to the podcast and uh, I got my kids in the car and all of a sudden, you guys are talking about wax and your anuses.
Speaker 3: I have ever listened to the podcast before.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, they had.
Speaker 1: This person is a fan of the podcast. But this person was like, damn you guys. I had to like then I had to explain what nair was to my kids.
Speaker 5: I feel that that's all.
Speaker 4: Funny. Did you ever did you ever get the waxing?
Speaker 1: I know, I tried n air, but I kept it, kept it out of like the deep crevice.
Speaker 3: Did it work?
Speaker 1: It's kind of gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like weird.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like doesn't It's like it's like a scientific experiment on your buttsheeting what's happening?
Speaker 2: You did it on your butt?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I tried it on my cheeks a little.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not having a hairy ass.
Speaker 3: But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I know, but whenever we've been together, I've always made sure that I shaved it. Just kidding. I don't really have a harry about it at all. I just thought, I don't know, I had already ordered the nare before you all told me not to do it, so I just thought, well, I'm not going to go deep because of all the warnings. And I didn't have any painters tape for my blue knot, but I just did the cheeks. Like, how are you. How's your press tour for your show?
Speaker 4: It's been great, man. You know, you know, there's not a lot of people working in Hollywood right now, like a lot of actors and stuff like that aren't working right now, even spots and guest spots and all of that stuff. And I'm a very fortunate to be working same, you know, with you as well as Zach. You know, we're very lucky and so lucky of course, and this press tour reminded me of how lucky I was, you know, Like even the press tour was I looked at it as, oh, this is an acting exercise, this is work, you know, and when it was over, it was like, Wow, I'm gonna miss this. I'm gonna miss I'm gonna miss this moment. This was a really great moment. We'll see what happens. People are still watching the show seems like continues that way.
Speaker 1: It seems like the show's popular.
Speaker 3: Yes, too.
Speaker 5: Will Okay, So I was at a screening the other day and a journalist comes up to me and she was like, oh my gosh, ety fake doctors, that's what I do. It's like I just met Donald today and he's fabulous. They love you, like obviously, I'm glad that you love it, because I love you back.
Speaker 4: I think it's I had a lot of fun, and it's something that I don't usually have fun doing, like I hate. I'm gonna be honest with everyone out there who's listening. I do not like doing press. I don't like. I don't know if I don't, I don't. I don't know if it's an anxiety thing. I don't know what it is. But it's a it's a switch that you turn on and then once you while you're doing it, you know you're I have a lot of fun when I'm doing and I'm not gonna lie. But then when you turn off, it's almost like a nervous breakdown for me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's exhausting. You're being like asked like pop quized all day, Like here's a ton of different questions, like answer them correctly, and you.
Speaker 4: Don't want to say the wrong thing either, like, yeah, you don't want to get nobody wants to get canceled.
Speaker 1: You know, your mind is like, gosh, this is a minefield, Like I don't want to say anything inappropriate at all, And all day long you're being you're based. Every journalist you talk to for the most part, you know it's basically going to be some version of the same eight questions. So you answer those and then you want to be original for people. But then you start being like, oh my god, I'm just a broken record and yeah, and then you're worried that like you phrased it wrong. I agree, Donald, youve got to be on and try and be funny. But at the same time, it's it's it causes anxiety.
Speaker 4: Cryer said something that was really great. He was like, you know, you worry that everybody's going to be like, why he said that joke on such and such or he said that joke on such and such, But nobody's watching all of these things at once. Nobody's following you like that, so you're lucky if one person catches that joke.
Speaker 3: So I know.
Speaker 1: The problem is the problem is when you've got a really good story, you're like, you got to save it for like, what's the most viewers that I'm going to talk to. That's probably gonna be Jimmy Kimmel or I gotta save that. M I got a funny story. So I'm directing Shrinking and it's so fun I love it. And there's the scene where where the characters that are a dog kennel, and so we looked at a bunch of real dog kennels and it's just the logistics of it weren't didn't make sense. So we found this room at a place that's not a kennel, and we're gonna dress it in, you know, with kennels and stuff to look like the back room of a dog kennel. And Uh goes up to me and he says, hey, it's kept Kroger. You remember him Donald he's start. Yeah, he started as a PA and post I think on scrubs and editing, and now he's one of Bill's This is how loyal Bill is and also of course how good Kip is. Now he's one of the main producers at Bill's company. So I had said, like, you know, we need this amount of kennels. I think that'll look good to address this room and he comes up to me. He goes, hey, man, he's got about that meeting, and they think you need like twenty dogs, like that's a lot of dogs for us to get from a trainer. And I said, oh, no, no, no worries, it's fine. We can you know, we'll make it work with what eight or so and you make sure they're trained so they're not barking and we can record. So he goes, I had this idea, what if we got rowdy out of storage?
Speaker 4: No way?
Speaker 1: And I was like, do you know, I don't know if I told the story about how I got rowdy on Wish, I would say it right, just to remind anyone that didn't hear, Like they Disney make a huge deal out of getting roundy because they think I'm trying to steal him. And he came with a like a guard, legit, he came with a security guard to the Wish. I was here set and I said to Kip, I was like, you can get rowdy, but just you know, he's in the back of that fucking Raiders of the Arc, you know, hangar.
Speaker 4: The way way back Starker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and and when you get him, he's gonna come with the guard anyway, So I think I might be getting Rowdy out of retirementy.
Speaker 3: That'd be amazing and.
Speaker 1: A fun Easter egg for Scrubs fans that when you get to the kennel scene, one of those kennels will have Rowdy in them.
Speaker 2: And if you can spot the taxidermy dog, Holy cow.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be funny though?
Speaker 4: Just awesome?
Speaker 3: That would be really fun.
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 1: I said, you're gonna have to go high up, though, Kip, because they are They don't fucking around when it comes to releasing Rowdy.
Speaker 4: If we got to say one thing, I may have talked a lot of ship during this last press tour for Extended Family, which airs on NBC at eight thirty on Tuesday nights and then the next day you could stream it new episodes on Peacock.
Speaker 3: That was quite a parenthetical.
Speaker 4: But guys, nice, I might have talked a lot of shit about how we're trying to put Scrubs together and put it out the world. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's true. I think that there's there's there's there's nothing.
Speaker 2: I need to just need the confirmation, that's all.
Speaker 1: There's nothing firm, But it does feel like there's momentum towards something being real.
Speaker 4: I've said, we're really trying, is what I said. That's actly I said, We're really really trying. We're trying to make it happen.
Speaker 1: I think it's accurate. I think we've talked about this for so long, and I think that we have to talk with the Super Bowl ads. I don't think we've spoken.
Speaker 2: We have not talked.
Speaker 4: Sidebar. That's a great little gosh.
Speaker 1: They were gosh. I'm not a humble brag. But if we can't do it on our own podcast, then where it has on YouTube? I think it's the fifty It has fifty five million views, the Momoa one, and I think the Auditions one has fifty six million views, which is just which is we never thought we would beat Travolta.
Speaker 4: US and Momoa has been taken by US and the other guys.
Speaker 1: I haven't checked recently, but when I did last check, first of all, we're in both, so it's okay.
Speaker 2: But now I understand that we're in both.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think that the Auditions one with Bradley is at fifty six million on YouTube and are and the Momoa ones at fifty five million, which you guys, just for reference, we never thought we'd ever beat the Travolta one because it's travol To singing Greece. I mean, that's that's pretty unbelievable. And that was at forty something. So this is just this just really was a hit with people.
Speaker 6: You nailed it with those numbers, by the way, fifty five and fifty six right now, that's not that's so big.
Speaker 1: It's really huge.
Speaker 3: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: That's I'm going to be at that's that's a lot of views.
Speaker 1: Man, what was Travolta A Yeah, scrolling right now looking for it. Let's see here, it's gonna be a way I think late forties.
Speaker 2: Well, the Super Bowl was huge also, Man, let's let's keep it one hundred way.
Speaker 4: How about our plate million.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what the two minute warning was, but we were at the.
Speaker 2: Always at the two minute warning. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: But the first spot up after two minute warning, that was a fireplace.
Speaker 2: This is the first time we've ever been the first bought.
Speaker 4: Up after the two minute warning. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: About By the way, we gotta you know, you gotta, we gotta shout it out from Mike Katz who's the one who chooses where this goes? And he what about like, first of all, the game, we can't you can't predict how close the game's going to be. That was such a good game, and when and then at the two minute warning they go to commercial and it's our spot. That was fucking great.
Speaker 3: Those prime time Uh.
Speaker 6: The last year's commercial, I think getting a little boost from this year's commercial, is currently at fifty six.
Speaker 1: Timew wow because it got a boost. Well anyway, Donald and I had so much fun shooting it. We can't say enough about Jason Momoa. He's so cool and kind and funny and so game obviously to be as silly and dorky as we are, you.
Speaker 4: Know that I I and he was really kind with my kids, and you know, he brought his kids to set and stuff like that, like it was you know, it was. It was a great experience this year so far with you, buddy. We've had some good time so far, like just right like right out the gate, like holy cow, bro, I feel so very lucky.
Speaker 1: We had so much fun and it's just it's such a pleasure to get to laugh with Donald and be silly and and then of course the fact that people love it, it's just it's so gratifying. We never know, Like the idea that Donald and I would get a third Super Bowl commercial in a row, it just not was not even in our minds. And then the funny thing about the auditions one I have to tell you the context of this is that I think we've told you this before, but the way that Brian Klugman and Andrew Pinney, who make these commercials, do it is we always do like a really low budget version like on spec which means like it's not the real commercial. We do it to sort of show T Mobile what the commercial is going to be like. And so we did a version of this in my backyard with me and Donald and we we had a double and then we put like a big sort of like Bobblehead fake picture of Momoa over the double body and then and then moved the mouth like south Park, so we could just like sell what the concept of the spot was going to be. And and then we went into the studio and recorded it, and we had a double singing for Jason because obviously he hadn't signed on yet, and and then and so that was great, and we basically made like a short film for the Momo one. It was really really funny. The pitch it was like it was like the pitch was essentially like this short film. It was really funny. But then for the auditions one that one, Brian was like, hey, we you and Donald do one. So we shot that on an iPhone in my in my guest house to don light with a ring light and an iPhone, and that was just supposed to be part of the spec ad right. So then when they went and made the real quote unquote audition spot, they went back and shot it professionally and Donald and I weren't going to be in that one because we were going to be in the Momo one. It was like, what, we weren't supposed to be in that one. And then at the last second, I was skiing, actually I was in I was in Utah skiing and we got a call that the they wanted to add us to the audition spot, but they weren't going to reshoot it. They were just going to use the iPhone footage. So that fifty six million views on the Super Bowl is an iPhone footage of me and Donald in my guest house.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: It works I'm just saying, if it worked.
Speaker 4: Look, if it worked for the Blair Witch Project, how come it can't work for T Mobile?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just saying. All of you guys are out there saying you can't make a movie because you can't afford to rent a camera. You shoot it on your iPhone because Donald and I are on an iPhone in the super Bowl ad. It's a good it's a good iPhone ad. All right? What else do we have talk about before we get in the show.
Speaker 2: There's so much to talk about. We've been going for so long.
Speaker 4: It feels like for you guys, it doesn't feel like that because we've banked a couple of shows. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, we had one additional week and then we ran a rerun last week.
Speaker 2: Oh, we ran a rerun last week.
Speaker 5: We had no more records.
Speaker 1: We didn't bank enough d we got to bank more.
Speaker 4: We got to bank more.
Speaker 3: We got to bank more.
Speaker 1: Losing weight. By the way, I have a question, when you lose weight, do your fingers lose weight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Everything they can because I can't tell if it's psychosomatic. But I have this or ring and I have been losing weight and now it feels loose and I can't tell touch it in my head or not.
Speaker 4: No, that's weight everywhere. You don't just lose weights.
Speaker 1: Are losing weight.
Speaker 3: Bro yeh, keep your fingers now.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to be on set with all this fucking food.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 1: There's these tables of food and so and so got cookies, and so and so got ice cream, and there's an ice cream truck and all this stuff. And I'm just sitting there just like shaking.
Speaker 2: Does Harrison eat it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't see him eating that stuff at least. I mean, I don't know what he's eating on his own. But it's like, you know, there's so much you know, the crew, there's so much food going around because you can't really leave. Everyone's got to just stay there. So there's the and then I don't know, it's just hard. It's you know, when I'm home and at my house, like it's easy when you're in an eating less feel this when you're at your show and all that food around.
Speaker 4: Oh, bro man, I walked by Craft Service all day. They got hot dogs, and shit, I love me some hot dogs. A Glizzy, A Glizzy for shizzy myneizzy.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's.
Speaker 6: A New York meme for hot dogs went fort called the Glizzy Gulper.
Speaker 3: I never heard of a Glizzy.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, gracious, they have the roller, and so you know how the roller works with it.
Speaker 2: Just the aroma just hits you.
Speaker 4: And I don't know about you, but it ain't nothing like that Hebrew National hot dog.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It's like it's like an obstacle course at drinking. Just you're like, no, I can't have that. Okay, I have a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of that.
Speaker 1: No, I can't have that.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: And there's always someone coming around like, hey, guys, there's an ice cream truck. Does anyone want ice cream?
Speaker 4: So I had to wait until press was over to start this. I had planned on starting this food thing. I had to wait to press was over because I was going to New York. I was going to you know, I went to Atlanta, I went to Kansas City. I was like, I'm gonna wait until the press thing is over to do this food thing and and consume these healthy foods food.
Speaker 1: Huh? Will they deliver meals to your house?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, sorry? And now I'm gonna miss it. I'm not gonna lie. I'm going to miss the grease, Yeah, did you start it yet? And the bacon, Yeah, it's delicious, it's good, but I missed it. I'm going to miss the grease. I'm gonna miss the butter. I'm a miss the bacon. I'm a mister red meat.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be able to stick to it?
Speaker 2: I mean, I kind of got it. Man.
Speaker 4: I'm turning fifty this year. My life is on the line.
Speaker 3: It's pretty dire.
Speaker 1: It's not dire, but you know, are you gonna join me in my ten thousand steps a day challenge?
Speaker 2: I did buy an order ring.
Speaker 1: All there, you go, nice, well join me. I got my nephew wanted he's text and me his steps. I got my friend Trevor. Our friend Trevor's on it. Anyone who's doing it with me, keep it up. I know it's tricky some days. For me, it definitely is. But uh but my trainer says it's one of the easiest best things you can do.
Speaker 4: What I say, the iPhone is that I watch is great for the steps, but the Aura ring is great for the sleep.
Speaker 1: Like that's the yeah, And obviously there's there's lower budge versions of it out there too.
Speaker 3: That bracelet thing. What's that called fitbit fitbit?
Speaker 1: But yeah, the thing about the phone is just well, first of all, I don't want an I watch Apple Watch just because I don't. I'm already on my phone too much. I don't want to look at I just feel like an Apple Watch for me would would it wouldn't be too much. So I got the ring because also, and then the phone wise is your phone's not always on you, so you're not getting credit for those steps. The thing about that's cool about the ring or I imagine the fitbit is it's just always on you, right, And the one that starts with the W. I don't think it counts steps. I could be wrong, but it it does some other calculation I need from my program to know.
Speaker 3: What steps upon.
Speaker 1: This episode, it was emotional.
Speaker 2: Yeah we should do.
Speaker 1: I got full body goosebumps at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to hit it.
Speaker 4: Eight stories.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: We made about a bunch of talks and nurses.
Speaker 7: And I said, here's the stories.
Speaker 4: Net so YadA around you here, yeada round here. Is that.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to get into one day are shown, and what you're trying to do ain't.
Speaker 4: Not like walking down the street in New York City and having somebody run up to you and sing that to you. What you're trying to get into, what day you're shown, what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: It must make you feel good. The podcast is very popular. I got I tell you. I was working on the set and these two grips came up to me and I thought they were gonna I just thought the obvious they were going to say, love Scrubs or love something else I've done. And they were like, hey man, we both love the podcast. And that made me feel so good, so good.
Speaker 4: It's really interesting. You know, I'm taking pictures with photographers and stuff like that, and their assistants are like, dude, love your fucking podcast. Wow, the photographers like.
Speaker 1: I keep forgetting how much how popular this is. I just think the four of us are sitting here and shooting the ship. So many people listening.
Speaker 4: Does this ever, well, it obviously has occurring to you within press, Joel. You know somebody within press what we are now? Zach said, you know, Joel, I just had a conversation with Donald you know what I mean, recognizing Joel from this podcast.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is Bill gets recognized now too. I mean, I don't know why Bill's getting recognized so much more. I was in Vegas with Bill and he was getting read recognize it and for the podcast. Well, obviously, I think some because of the podcast because he's you know, he's on here a bunch, and also because obviously he's becoming even bigger showrunner than ever and his name is more famous.
Speaker 4: But this dude, people coming up to Bill and saying, I'm loving you on your podcast.
Speaker 1: No, but I told you last time I directed drinking. The guard at the gate was like, hey, mister Bradd, welcome back. I love you on Bill's podcast. But actually we had something really beautifully moving happened. I was in Vegas with Bill. We went to see you two with the Sphere, which was super cool. Right, oh my god, and we're.
Speaker 4: Walking through the rattle and hum section.
Speaker 1: I forgot which albums we.
Speaker 2: Were a kid.
Speaker 4: That was the first like concert movie that I can remember. They did that.
Speaker 1: They did all the hits they did, and.
Speaker 4: It came And the only reason why I know this is because it came right before the Eddie Murphy Raw, Like if you bought Eddie Murphy Raw the trailer before on VHS Raw was YouTube, I mean YouTube rattle and hum and then it would go into the Eddie Murphy raw ship.
Speaker 2: And for those of you who have VHS to remember, you know exactly.
Speaker 1: Who it was really cool. I mean obviously, if you get a chance audience, I think YouTube is almost done. But if you get a chance to see a band you like at the Sphere, is this pretty really cool experience? Joelle, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Fiance is rumored to be the next act.
Speaker 3: In there, and I think it's the dead.
Speaker 1: Or the next but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the next one to like announce is.
Speaker 2: Apparently is that going to be her residency?
Speaker 1: That would be why the rumor.
Speaker 5: I can't even.
Speaker 4: Second, Wait a second, you can have the Sphere as a residency.
Speaker 1: Not forever, but for like a long time, for a period of time.
Speaker 3: That's what you two. That's what.
Speaker 1: They've been doing like threew no, no, they've been doing like three shows a week for I don't know how long, but a while.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yo, yeah, that is a fun fucking Oh my god, you know this is where John Williams all these conductors and stuff need to start throwing.
Speaker 4: Freaking shows at the Sphere man, And let this freaking thing. Take you on that journey that you're talking about in your music.
Speaker 2: Man, come on, I'm room.
Speaker 1: That's true. They should totally do that. Donald, That's a great idea. It is such when you watch when I watched the You two show, I went, this is unbelievable. And this is just sort of the proof of concept. This band doing this like this is just like what are people? What are artists gonna do with this incredible space? You know, there's so many things you could do and and I can imagine. I think the Dead and Fish are next, Fish first, I think. So you can imagine that's gonna be super trippy for all those people that love jam bands and stuff because the visuals will be crazy.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to smoke weed in Vegas?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 8: I was just about to say, I don't think they're not gonna be able to get that.
Speaker 1: I can tell you just from being there at once that it's so buttoned up that I mean, god knows what they're gonna do it. Fish and Dead, I think they're gonna have I have to have a full time to kick you out. But anyway, you're definitely not You're not as move weed in there. I'm sure the dead and fish people will, but there certainly weren't.
Speaker 4: You two. Motherfucker is gonna be vaping, mock is gonna be sneaking bongs up in that ship.
Speaker 2: Hit the bog button, hit the bok sound.
Speaker 1: If I'm sorry, here I come.
Speaker 3: That's what you here all day.
Speaker 1: But anyway, when I was watching, I was like, and and John Williams is a great idea. I was just you can't help but think, like, think how artists are gonna use this? It's so cool, so cooln't even seeing there's an Aeronofsky movie that you know that's a nature right doc.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to see that.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing I would love to watch a movie in that.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think Aeronsky is the only person that's made something of you know, that's not a concert thing so far, but I heard it's incredible. But wait, I wanted to just say that. So Bill and I were walking through because you know, he of course crushed in Blackjack.
Speaker 3: He was so good. He want a lot of money and I did not.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: He was trying, he was giving me good advice. He was a good coach, but I still got crushed and he won, of course. But we're walking through the casino and uh, this woman like came up to us in tears and she said, I'm sorry to bother you. I just want to say that first. She started talking to me, and I was like, hey, thank you so much, but this is this is Bill wh created the whole thing. And she had tears in her eyes and she said, Scrubbs has gotten me through truly got me through a lot of hard times, and and I just I can't believe I'm running into you too, and I wanted to thank you. And it was so moving. She was so heartfelt. So I just want to say to anyone who feels that way, thank you so much. That was really really you know, we forget because we don't, you know, because we were in it and we're here. We sit here and talk about it every once in a while. But seeing how much it means to people is really was really was really moving to both Dyll and I. We were both really I don't know, emotional about it.
Speaker 4: I've learned a lot from just listening to Like Joel once said something about a show.
Speaker 2: That that meant a lot to her, and she was like.
Speaker 4: Please don't let them cancel it, and I was like, Joel, you got to let it go.
Speaker 2: But some shows touch you, you know what I mean. And you know Joela was Harley Quinn, you know what I mean. That's a show that she freaking really connected to it.
Speaker 4: And because she connected to it that hard, I went and watched that shit and so and I like that.
Speaker 2: I love the show now, you know what I mean. I think it's real fire.
Speaker 4: And so I when people do that, it's the Please express that to other people as well, because that connection, that love could be spread some more, you know what I mean, and then more people could watch Scrubs. Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: This was directed by Zach Braff. I have no memory of directing it.
Speaker 2: You don't remember directing this.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 1: I I remember when that when they do that opening JD sliding through all the scenes thing, I was like, oh, that's clever. I didn't but I didn't remember directing it.
Speaker 4: It was trying to be like the first episode where everything's going around him. I was shot in real time, where this is shot on green screen obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean elements of it were Yeah, obviously when JD so, I didn't know how exactly we did it. But then on Scrubs Wiki one of the one of the things is that you can see a piece of JD's roller blades when he's gliding through the parking lot. So I guess they have me on roller blades.
Speaker 4: They pulled you obviously, Yeah, either that or you no.
Speaker 1: But that was cool. I mean it was I mean it was kind of like a want to be Spike Lee shot. You know that his infamous the actors on the Dolly shot, right, But yeah, Sarah walking and me just gliding. That looked cool.
Speaker 4: I thought it did. I want to drink.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you could secretly see the hidden roller blades.
Speaker 4: So, just to catch everybody up, JD is now going to move thirty minutes away from Sacred.
Speaker 2: Heart, thirty seven minutes away, thirty seven to be with him.
Speaker 1: He should have I agree with what we said last time. They should have made it further, because this is like right on the edge of like why.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, they kind of wreckcon what he says halfway through the episode, yeah, or toward the end of the episode, a half thirty seven minutes is more like an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yeah, because you stop with the blueberry stand. Do you think they stop at the blueberry stand both ways?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you think they stopped both lays.
Speaker 1: And the blueberries are mean potentially with the sun's manure. That was like, we get sick because it comes out that the blueberries might be special because they're made with the farmer's sons special manure.
Speaker 3: Yes, you yeah, I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 4: I mean it's wouldn't that be the son's own matter? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's the implication. Indication, that's the implication. By the way, the theme that the Janitar keeps saying over and over again is the change begets change doesn't nobody wants everything. Janner does not want people to keep changing because so many people in this episode are changing, and.
Speaker 4: Which is interesting because you would think that he's gone through the most changed in the hospital, right, either him or either him or Kelso they've seen everybody come and go, right.
Speaker 1: But I think both he and yeah human, I think we learned that he and Cox are both hiding the fact that they don't want this group to fall apart.
Speaker 4: It's a good group.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty great group group. I really, I really liked this episode a lot because it I felt just watching it as a fan, I went, oh, I don't want this to be over, and it was so good at making me emotional about that. I felt like, Oh, I love this group of people, and oh, you're you got your one episode away from it being over. I don't want it to be over.
Speaker 3: So that was good.
Speaker 4: I felt like we were showing off how good we were now at this point, at this point, and also I think it's because we knew it was over, and so at this point we're really throwing in like everybody just to see just seem like there's moments where it's Cox and Elliott and they're scene as fucking hilarious Judy and you know, I'm sorry Turk and Carla and JD. You know what I mean, Like just everything is the rhythm is on point. You know, Kelso doesn't have the chief of a medicine job anymore, but his moments in the hospital still feel within the rhythm and everything like that. And it's been it's been eight seasons, and you can feel it all coming to a head, you know what I mean, you can you can feel the pressure about to pop as we say goodbye. And that's what I felt throughout the whole episode, just like, oh shit, I'm about to fucking I'm gonna cry at some point because I'm gonna miss this one and two I'm gonna laugh because it's fucking scrubs, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I almost cried at the end.
Speaker 4: It's like the perfect setup. You've experienced it all for these past eight seasons. Here's an ultimate setup. You can now watch it with us and see it coming.
Speaker 2: It's fucking awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so especially when you know it's about to be over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Turk is wearing his chief hat that the janitor main form in his new badge picture. Yeah, Carl's not into the chief hat on the badge, not at all. She wants him to look respectable, right.
Speaker 2: And uh, I agree with Turk.
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, there's someone who has a I d that.
Speaker 2: I'm making a face and I got away with it.
Speaker 4: I agree with him.
Speaker 3: Your Lot badge, no, my oh my gosh, my Lot badge.
Speaker 4: My wife. So my Lot badge is us on vacation. I put sun block all over my body, not sunscreen, sun block all over my body, the white stuff all.
Speaker 2: Over my body.
Speaker 4: When she chose your picture, and my wife was like, I could pick any picture I want. I was like, you could pick any picture you want. Think if you would pick a handsome picture of me. She chose me full Cisco.
Speaker 3: What's Cisco?
Speaker 2: Cisco from Drew Hill. He had the silver hair. He did the song thong songong. My whole body was. My whole body is the color of his hair, full Cisco. I like it when the boody go baby, let me hear it go.
Speaker 3: He really loves throngs, that guy, he really loves thongs.
Speaker 2: He likes thongs a lot.
Speaker 4: He loved it because he likes it when the booty go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He likes it when the booty go but the thong yeah.
Speaker 2: But and the baby make the because he likes when the baby make the.
Speaker 4: Booty go, baby, make the booty go.
Speaker 1: Dong the dong dung thong.
Speaker 4: But it only works if she's wearing that dung donk dunk dum.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he likes the booty without the thong. But he really went all in on loving thongs.
Speaker 2: Well, she had dumps like a truck.
Speaker 3: What does that mean dumps like a truck.
Speaker 4: Supposed to say. You're supposed to say what what? What dies? Like? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Baby? Move you? But I think I'll sing it again.
Speaker 2: She got dumps like a truck.
Speaker 3: Dumps like a truck. Is her as? She yes?
Speaker 4: All right, So here I got another one, apple bottom jeans, boots with the whole Okay, dude, I always started. I always thought they're saying apple bottom jeans and the boots are.
Speaker 2: Made of fur.
Speaker 4: No motherfucker she got boots on and the fur coat. Oh ship she caught me. I was today years old when I found that ship out.
Speaker 3: Man, I thought the boots had fur too.
Speaker 4: No the boots, no the jacket, your jacket. I saw a picture of Riba McIntyre and that ship laid me out.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck, the bottom.
Speaker 5: Jeans did have boots with furs, so most likely that's what the original song was referring.
Speaker 4: Well, I never seen nobody with no boots with the fur, with no apple bottom jeans. I've seen the boots and the fur with the fur on jacket.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel listen, it can play either way. But this is because rieb was saying at the Super Bowl and she had a fabulous fur on with dope boots.
Speaker 4: But it just makes more sense that way. That's my point.
Speaker 1: It makes what are apple bottomed jeans like Memory Simmons.
Speaker 4: Goods like it makes your butt look like bongos cuckool interesting bongos. Okay, it was my bad looks like Conga's like congas cuckoo.
Speaker 1: They're not in style anymore. Apple bottom jeans, Joe, did the.
Speaker 5: Company come back? Is it still existing? I'm not sure the current state of the apple Boto jeans.
Speaker 4: Maybe the name of the but apple bottom jeans I thought was a style of jean that just made your butt look like an apple bottom or peacha.
Speaker 5: That was where the company got its name from.
Speaker 1: You think I could pull off apple bottom jeans.
Speaker 2: As I don't even try.
Speaker 1: I'm working on I'm going to have just wink.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm doing blues at the gym. I'm going to have a blue tea. Boy, it is the most famous big booty in the world. That's what I'm going to have soon.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have question, You're gonna have a Kardashian booty.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna have a Kardashian booty soon.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to put something in there.
Speaker 1: I'm putting muscles in their glue, and I'm gonna wear apple bottom jeans boots with the fur. The whole town was looking at her.
Speaker 3: She hit the floor.
Speaker 4: Next thing, you know, town walking around with apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur.
Speaker 3: Town would be looking at the whole time, looking at her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's the clurb the hit the clerb.
Speaker 1: The whole club was looking at her.
Speaker 3: She hit the floor. The next thing, you know, Sad, I prefer she hit the floor. Next thing, you know, next thing.
Speaker 4: You sound like rock, would rock on first heard that song, you would sing it like that.
Speaker 2: She hit the floor.
Speaker 4: Next thing you know, showy got low.
Speaker 1: She hit the floor. And the next thing you know, I don't even know what happened, but shorty, she just got low, low, low, and the whole clerb was looking at her. All right, we think it break will be right back after these mine.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm talking about, right right, right, right.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get in the show.
Speaker 1: So there's on call room walk of shame as as Denise and Derek come out, and then Carla says she fantasizes about Derek, and then Elliott says, this incredible fantasy that she has that helps her climax.
Speaker 4: She was so happy that Elliott said that because and then they said something about therapy. But I was so happy that Elliott said that because I feel like we've lost that.
Speaker 1: I agree, don I had the same reaction. I was like, I miss Elliot's ever since she got back with JD. She's not into the kink anymore. Well, she's back at it. Unfortunately, it's not really related to JD. I guess it is a little bit. I wrote some cliff notes here JD U. In her fantasy, JD tries to mug Elliott and Derek and then she grabs the knife and forces them both to pleasure her sometimes, but then she goes on a killing spree. That's her fantasy. And then she says, we all have our little tricks to help us climax.
Speaker 2: Yes, when when having sex, I don't ever.
Speaker 4: Start thinking like that, Like I do you have fantasies like descriptive fantasies while having sex?
Speaker 1: No, I think I'm always in the moment.
Speaker 2: Does anyone else want to answer that?
Speaker 5: It would be disturbing if you were that far away. What is happening right where are you murder people right now?
Speaker 1: To do you have your go to like I have to quickly think about something else topic.
Speaker 4: So that ship doesn't work because all it does is make me panic, you know what I mean? Patecuting, Patrick Ewing sweating in the fourth quarter, Patrick cuing, Patricking sweating.
Speaker 1: That just makes why is it Patrick Ewing sweating in the fourth quarter?
Speaker 2: To think of the most unattractive thing you can think of, to try and stop.
Speaker 3: Yourself from to try Patrick Ewing is my thing now. No disrespects Patrick Ewing.
Speaker 4: No disrespect, No disrespect Patrick Ewing. But but Donald thinks about you in the fourth on top of me, just seems.
Speaker 3: He's on top of you.
Speaker 2: Well just you know, whatever it takes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he's just sometimes he's just in the room. But if you're closer to.
Speaker 4: Climb on top of it's like he's like I'm playing basketball and he's just dripping sweat.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not in the he's not in your bedroom.
Speaker 2: He's not like literally on top of me.
Speaker 1: If it's not, if it's not working, and he's getting closer to climax, and you're like, all right, now he's timing in the bed now.
Speaker 3: Wild, Yeah, damn, don't come, don't come.
Speaker 1: And then you jump, and then you and then you come in quarter and then you come and you're like, I should I should look at this.
Speaker 4: I'm hard.
Speaker 1: And then and then and then Casey's like, baby, why did you just have the most insane orgasm? Like, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Straight up?
Speaker 4: Patrick ewing, that's sucking me. I love sweating in the fourth quarter warding.
Speaker 1: For this one, we might have to danel.
Speaker 5: I don't think we can talk about Patrick eting this way.
Speaker 3: Now we have to. That's beautiful. Listen, it's beautiful. It's it's how Donald to Last.
Speaker 1: That's what we'll call this episode, How Donald manages to all Right, So the janitor is decided he's not cleaning the third floor for a month because someone stole his sandwich off.
Speaker 2: His cart and it was lady.
Speaker 1: We learned it was lady. But he's not going to He doesn't want anyone to think he's a flip flopper, so he's still not going to clean the third floor of a hospital for a month.
Speaker 4: Then someone thought it was a good idea to let the janitor give advice to a.
Speaker 1: Kid yeah, Liam, and his advice is really really crazy and bad. I was hoping they wrote the whole thing down on Scrubs Wiki but they didn't.
Speaker 3: But it didn't.
Speaker 1: But he says that he should the little boy Liam should keep his anger.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because when you like an anger baby, the anger when you hit someone, it releases, so you keep it and let it fester and grow inside of you like an anger baby what he said.
Speaker 1: And then he says, how far are you willing to go? Are you willing to have plastic surgery? And move your eyes here? Which he in his forehead.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: And then the kid says are you on drugs? And he says are you? It gets defensive, Yeah, did that mean he is on drugs?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think it would have been fun.
Speaker 4: I think it would have been fun if they said are you drunk and he said are you?
Speaker 1: No, he did in one episode before he said are you he said, someone said are you drunk? And then he goes, have you been drinking? And he goes, I'm not drunk, but he says are you, meaning like he gets a little defensive about the idea that he's on drugs. I mean, I think it's totally possible that the janitors on something.
Speaker 2: In my world, this is who he is.
Speaker 4: I refuse to believe that I see been on some type of hallucinogenic or something that's.
Speaker 3: All right his state. I think that it's one hundred percent of who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like how Elliott fantasizes about going on a killing spirit at Climax.
Speaker 4: That's nuts to me, all right.
Speaker 1: So JD goes to Kim's hospital, drives the thirty seven minutes and he meets doctor Man Tuts. It's funny.
Speaker 2: He can't stop laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't stop laughing at doctor Man Tuts and uh, and but that somehow he gets a job there and he tells everyone that he's decided to move. And Cox is so happy that he does a backflip and doesn't land.
Speaker 4: No, he does not stick to land.
Speaker 1: I do remember that. And the stunt double, Johnny C. Stuntle really looked like him, so it enables one to film him in such a way that that looks exactly like there was no double there. But that is a double obviously doing that. That guy took a fucking hard hit to the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did. For comedy.
Speaker 5: It's such an interesting expression.
Speaker 2: Of rage.
Speaker 5: Because he's mad, we learn at the end of the episode. So his initial reaction upon learning this news is like, I'm so angry off the backflip.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a Cox trait.
Speaker 4: Actually, Cox is so if we go back to it, all he's so self destructive when shit doesn't go his way, but when he doesn't like something or when his world is disruptive, and I mean, looking at it, I was like, oh, wow, what a great joke. He's happy that he's leaving. He tried to do a backflip, but hindsight, being twenty twenty, this is so on par with his character. He had to find a way to hurt himself without showing everybody else that he was hurt, and so he tried to use the backflip as joy to you know, it's a great writing, you know what I mean, Like great, it's a great moment. In the moment, I'm like, oh, that's a funny joke, but then in the end, it's like, fuck, that's a he was He was pained right there, right, he'll.
Speaker 1: Go he'll go that, that's all said. He'll go that far to not show emotion. He'll go that far to actually hurt himself to act like he doesn't care, but he actually really cares. He loves Yeah, he loves him. That's what was some moving at the end. That's what I all got tears in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's an abandonment thing?
Speaker 4: Do you they feel like he's being abandoned, like I'm sure we'll find out in the next episode when he expresses himself.
Speaker 1: But I think it's everything that JD hoped it was. That as much as he puts on this front, he is his favorite intern and he and he is like a son to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh cry right now, I prepare for the fidalite.
Speaker 4: But but it's also he This has happened before too, Cox, Yeah, had had another one, another one that he I.
Speaker 1: Think this is what happens is that, you know, part of being the position he's in is that he trains these doctors, some of which he doesn't like and some of which he gets very close to, and then they move on, and he feels in this case because JD's probably let's for the sake of the show say his favorite ever, he's moving on, and he feels a sense of betrayal, like I trained you and I made you the amazing doctor you are, and at the first chance you get you're leaving. You're not staying and being an incredible doctor at Sacred Heart, which is my hospital. I'm sure that's a real thing that the doctors feel.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of like coaches at universities and they have players come in and some players last one year, some players last four years, some players all of a sudden stay and coach and stuff like that with them, you know what I mean. Cox, I guess had high hopes, maybe because JD was there for so long. It's been ten years almost or so, sorry it's been eight years. Is that the limit is that the I thought it was four years right in turn ship, then you do your residency residency and then after that, like we were residents a long time ago, so that mean we could bounce and go.
Speaker 1: Of course, I think that, you know, a lot of people move on way sooner than this. It is a show, so everyone stayed. That's the thing we joke about. We're gonna have to figure out if we do a reboot, is like, why are we all together again? But it was funny and by the way, in this episode, when there's that fantasy of us running the hospital and we're like, all the nurses are like models, would like cut off scrubs and wear in like three piece suits. It had me laughing because it was like I was thinking, first of all, that it would be fun to reference that now, like if we do yeah, And then also I was thinking that, oh my gosh, if you if you do a reboot, you'd be able to cut to.
Speaker 3: Ship that we shot oh so much stuff.
Speaker 1: You'd have the unique ability to cut back to us, you know, so long.
Speaker 4: Ago and when we were younger, when.
Speaker 1: We were young and be like, it's funny thing, how tur can I imagine running this hospital would be? And then you cut to that fantasy. I mean you could obviously, like occasionally cut back to shit.
Speaker 4: It'd be funny. You could have given it rare. It's it's very interesting because we'd be starting over, right, So it's a reboot. And when we started Scrubs wasn't this bright and colorful. It was very dark and dingy, and the hospital was very scary looking. And if we cut back to how we're running it, and it's the reboot, and it's the pilot again, and it feels like that again, and it feels like a real fucking hospital again.
Speaker 3: It's you know what I was a different you know, you know what I was laughing about.
Speaker 1: This is how the reboot should start, is you know how like the pilot opens with JD and he slaps his alarm clock and he hops out of bed and he's so you know, I think, I'm twenty five years old and I'm so excited, and I put the shampoo on my chest. You should see like my hand come in and then like the camera pulls back and I've got like a sleep app near mask on, and I'm like tired. And then you see Elliott and she's got like her mouth gummies in and then like it takes me like forever to get to bed, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my back, And then you see me.
Speaker 1: Like and the kids are running around. You see me like not putting shaving from on my chest in a silly way, but like slowly, exhaustedly shaving.
Speaker 4: You know, Like I wonder how would contrast how old are the kids now?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: I mean, if I was in charge, I think it'd be funny to have teenagers, just because watching JD and Turk deal with teenagers would be funny.
Speaker 2: They can't be little kids. We can't do the Sam, no, and I can.
Speaker 1: Well, how old? What's the math? How old would these kids be? Guys, and you had the kid, and we had the kid when we were you is look at the kids two thousand The show stopped in two thousand and nine, and then we had babies, so fours ago, so they could be fifteen sixteen and our kids have to be dating.
Speaker 4: Do they?
Speaker 3: That's what we dated.
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 4: Like Josh and Chaer clueless.
Speaker 5: A conclusion in there was a step parents.
Speaker 3: There's step situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still still brother and sister, step brother.
Speaker 5: They weren't raised together though anyway they were.
Speaker 3: They were not fine fine, these.
Speaker 4: Two are raised together.
Speaker 5: I think they should keep it a secret.
Speaker 1: What if they do with Sam and Diane thing we're like in the in the first episodes they like hate. They're like Sam and Diane. They're like they hate each other, but you can tell they love each other kind of.
Speaker 4: Vibes that or they I like Joel's they keep it a secret, and they're keeping it a secret from us.
Speaker 2: Yea, all right, I don't like kids telling secrets.
Speaker 3: Okay, get back.
Speaker 1: Jadie finds smell you later.
Speaker 4: That makes no sense, tell secrets to your parents till your parents everything.
Speaker 1: JD thinks smellulator is hilarious. Kim is yes. Kim has asked him to stop saying it, but he finds it very hilarious. And he tells Turk, and Turk says that is hilarious, and I go, I know, you know, some people don't think. So we learned that Harrison Kelso's son is full on running a bordello.
Speaker 2: He's a man whore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he's a man who Now officially he's officially a man. So Harrison is a full time what do you call it, a male prostitute. He's a Jiglow.
Speaker 2: Is like a pimp.
Speaker 1: No Jigglow. I don't I don't know if it's not the right way to say it anymore. Well, sorry to blow up your Google Current twenty twenty four for Jiglow probably a sex.
Speaker 3: Worker, right, I was gonna say, they catch all the sex worker for sure. But a male.
Speaker 5: Escort is also an appropriate her male escort escort.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's a male escort, but his father calls him a man horror.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words Denise gives a patient too much heparin and they almost die, and Cox And is furious and uh, but but Elliott is protecting her. Not exactly sure why Elliot's protecting her. Why is she protecting here?
Speaker 4: This is a trait, This is one of Elliott's things. She's always been like this, where she feels like she has to take the fall for other people's stuff.
Speaker 5: I also felt like in this episode, she was saying Denise is already beating herself up so much that it wouldn't do her confidence or ability to get back in there and try again any good to like breat and beat her down, which we've seen Elliott get berated and beaten down and really struggle to come back from that. I thought she was just about her own experience.
Speaker 1: That's well said Joelle. I think that that that Elliott is seeing herself in Denise and wishing someone protected her more, and so she's standing up for her.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yeah, it's so easy to be upset at that when you watch it from afar, But for when it's you, Oh man, I get why Cox is upset, and I get why Elliott did it. Like my wife and I deal with this all the time with our children. It's the exact same thing. I totally get it. Where you tried to where you where you wish someone had your parent had did it different, and then you try to do it different, but you're just fucking them up. And that's what Elliot's doing. M Hm.
Speaker 3: How does it happen with your kids?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? So when I was a kid, I didn't have everything I didn't you know, shit's harder, was harder, And because of my experience now I can see where the are harder for my kids, and I can try and combat that with anything with it's okay, or steer them away from it. When the things that they're going to deal with in the in the mistakes that they're going to make and stuff like that, are going to help them become better human beings. And you have to let them make mistakes and you have to let them learn to pick themselves up. And what Elliot's doing is not helping this young lady become a better doctor. She's making it so this young lady is now going to hide or can hide or doesn't have to take full responsibility for her fuck ups. And that's protecting There's.
Speaker 2: No way, you know, and to Elliot's credit, she doesn't.
Speaker 4: Have kids, you know what I mean, And maybe if she does, If she did, she could see in that situation how she's failing her, Denise. That is how she's failing Denise. That's really what Cox is saying. Cox doesn't give a shit if the girls feelings are hurt. That's not what the fuck it is. It's about no accountability must be had, and and and and you protecting her is not is not going to help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also she'll do it again. And she didn't learn because she almost kills somebody. Yeah, Gucci and uh Ted are moving in together. But the janitor says no. He says it's not aloud. He's there a cult leader, this janitor.
Speaker 2: Who who the fuck does he think he is? That he can tell somebody.
Speaker 1: That he thinks he's the leader of the man trust.
Speaker 2: I think this is where it comes. If this happens, change starts and change, we gets changed, We gets changed, We gets changed.
Speaker 1: That's why he doesn't want change. So he's like, no, no moving in, there's too much changing. Jimmy, the overly touchy, orderly massaging Todd.
Speaker 3: Was hilarious, yes, and then grabs he goes.
Speaker 1: And then he makes them cover their ears so they can't hear, and then they they find a way to massage each other with their hands over.
Speaker 2: Their ears, with their elbows and stuff.
Speaker 1: And the jenner is like, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't talk about Todd's three way that he has.
Speaker 1: Gone one second, I just got to say. The janitor is like, you know, sometimes you think you're an odd dude, and then you see something like this because of them massaging each other with their hands over their ears, talk.
Speaker 2: About Todd's three way that he has going on.
Speaker 1: He's seeing the Hendersons actively. They're a thropple.
Speaker 2: They are a real or a couple.
Speaker 1: They're a throuple, a throuple.
Speaker 4: It seems like he's not as engaged as she is though.
Speaker 5: He's dating a couple. So the two of them are like actively together and then he's like dating them. I think they're both involved.
Speaker 1: You can see Todd didn't make out with the guy, but you see him grabbing his arms and stuff like they're all they're all banging. I think Todd just didn't want to make out with the guy, said, I think he he made out with the woman, but he was grabbing the other guy's arms, like, come on, let's go bang in the.
Speaker 4: Other room or come watch me bang.
Speaker 1: No, I think it. My sense is that he's by or or he we know he's into everything and they're all going to get down.
Speaker 2: What does that cost? What is that call?
Speaker 4: When you're into everything?
Speaker 1: Pan sexual? Right, Joelle fluid act?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: Pand sexual?
Speaker 1: Pan sexual? Todd is definitely pan sexual. He's as pan sexual as it gets.
Speaker 2: I don't think it gets any more pant sexual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's full pan Todd.
Speaker 4: He's full paned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he pans so far around he pans three sixty.
Speaker 4: Very well done with your wordplay, Zach Brat.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That'd be a good that'd be a good T shirt for any of your pan friends in the film industry. Joel, you have an image of a of a rainbow and a camera panning, and you go, I pan so far, I pan three sixty.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Makes that shirt? Make it on Etsy, I'll buy one. Going on as chief, So Turk and JD get into a fight because Turk starts making executive decisions because he's got a higher rank at the hospital than JD.
Speaker 4: Getting into a fight because they're going to miss each.
Speaker 1: Other, right, it's like a couple of spats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're fighting because they sad.
Speaker 3: Turk agrees to stuff for them to Turk decides.
Speaker 1: To operate on missus Galen and that's not what he and JD decided. And JD's pissed, and Carla acts like she wants to have sex with Turk. And when they go in the break room, JD and Elliott are already about to hook up. JD's pants are at his ankles and and uh, and we realized it was all a ruse from Elliott and Carla to get JD and Turk to talk.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing, and this is very realistic. A couple that's not married, it's like I got carried away. The couple that is married is like, I didn't get carried away at all. I was just getting you in the room what I got.
Speaker 3: Carla is not feeling it.
Speaker 4: She's felt it enough. She's tired.
Speaker 9: She got a baby, baby right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where we have the fantasy where that we're running the hospital, which is with the gender is in a cage and he's we're eating chocolate pudding and it's only for us.
Speaker 4: Right, Carla comes putting the fact that we're running the hospital, but we still make Carla the nurse at the hospital, like she should be in a suit.
Speaker 2: Also, like she should have been the.
Speaker 4: Head of whatever, like you know what I mean, Like we got her with the rest of the girls with ties out.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, turns in lives.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, you didn't. You didn't even just say maybe you can have a position too well, we run this thing.
Speaker 3: Also, I know.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 1: I saw it as Turkey is so in love with Carla that like, even though there's other models around, he wants her as the front and center model in his world.
Speaker 4: Right on respect respect.
Speaker 2: That's pretty great. All I'm saying is Joel was like, yeah, what the fuck.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest with you. That scene was a little cringe for me. I'm sitting there like, Wow, I don't think we could get away with this right now. I don't think this type of thinking is correct for the workplace, like you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that far. It was like two guys fantasizing that all these everyone that worked there was a beautiful model. I don't think it was like too extreme.
Speaker 5: Okay, well no, I don't think it's too extreme. I do you think that this show would call them out for it in a different way?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, they would, they would call would the show would comment on it like, really, are you guys that fucking obsessed with boobies?
Speaker 4: Instead, they knocked putting on the floor and made the janitor come out and eat it with his hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like he's a caged animal. He literally he has a chain around.
Speaker 4: Ye and he wants to eat I thought he was.
Speaker 1: At I thought he was going to eat the pudding off that gross carpet for a second.
Speaker 4: And as you're looking at it, you can see the dirt and dinge and nastiness on it, I know.
Speaker 1: And I was like, as a director, I was like, did we lay down fake carpet for the scene, because that's pudding is going to stain the fun out.
Speaker 2: And now I probably left that ship there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then and then and then I was like, oh my god, I was still this many years later, like, oh, Neil, please don't eat that fucking putting off.
Speaker 4: That gross carpet.
Speaker 3: Like the things that carpet.
Speaker 4: Has seen, the janitor is so far gone that he wants to eat the leg of a model.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why does he trying to eat her legs because he's hungry? Yes, because he hasn't let him eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he comes, he's like eating like no, clean, all right?
Speaker 1: And then when we get to cop I mean I got goosebumps at the end when uh as I said there No, when you know, when I say good night to Yeah, when I say good night to Cocks on the ramp and he just looks at me, I don't know, I got full body chills. I thought it was so moving.
Speaker 4: That's when I realized, right there, this motherfucker has been abandoned so many times, and here we go again. Yeah, the look is I'm still fucking here.
Speaker 1: The look could also be I've been abandoned so many times and even and that's why I kept you at a distance. But I still trained you. I still you were still like a son to me, and I did my best to be vulnerable. And now you're leaving too.
Speaker 5: Can we also talk about JD's reaction, because there's a time that would have killed him, you know what I mean, there's a time where fix it immediately, and there's so much growth in his character of being like, oh well it's over and angry over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point, Joe the evolution of JD. Although we're gonna learn in the finale that, as I recall, he finally gets a hug and it's like everything he ever wanted.
Speaker 3: And there's that sweet song I like.
Speaker 5: Both the Winter Song by Sir Burry Ellis.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a and uh Ingrid Michaelson, Ingrid Michaelson sing that song together.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, You're right. It's Sarah Brells and Ingrid Michaelson in a duet singing Winter Song. But then there's the Kate Magucci song with the ukulele that's so sweet. H Well, that's the episode. Yang, I'm sad it's over, guys. Yeah you know, hey now, hey, now.
Speaker 4: Don't dream it. Yeah, it's it's I I uh, I hate that it's coming to an end. And I feel I am now a fan of the show because we've had to watch every episode, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Donald's finally seeing the show scrubs guys, and he likes.
Speaker 4: Where you know what I mean? This is uh, and so because of it, I mean, it's it is very emotional, it's very I mean, I don't know how I'm going to react to it in the next episode, but it definitely while watching this, I was like, I don't want this to and this is like, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, what a crazy exercise we've we've undertaken to.
Speaker 4: But even the exercise itself has to come to an end now, Like that's what I'm everything, you know, like we're going into something completely different, Zach. We're going to watch the show now and it's not the show anymore. It's some different imagination of what the show is going to be, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If we do make a reboot, we should chronicle putting the reboot together on this podcast. Yeah, hell yeah, that'd be fun. Well, I want to thank Jowell and Dale. Not that it's over obviously with the podcasts will continue, but I want to thank you for being a part of this. It's been it's been so gosh. We started the beginning of the pandemic in what March of twenty twenty? It is correct, almost four years? Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: How long it is?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 3: Four years?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: So thank you everyone for sticking with us and for being a part of this. And thank you more. I know, I'm just emotional. Thank you and don't hesitate to tell us when you see us that you listen, because it always makes me feel good, especially when people say that it makes them smile. That's all we're trying to do.
Speaker 5: We gotta do something special for the last episode.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should do a wrap for the finale. Can you do that.
Speaker 4: I've been working on it out.
Speaker 1: Working professional rapper. He pulled a pad out.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm putting it out there, working all right.
Speaker 3: We love you guys and more.
Speaker 7: Next week counts out to seven stories that show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada. I said, here's the stories.
Speaker 3: Net all s no.
Speaker 7: So Gada, Rob you here up, Gatherer, rab you here up.
Speaker 2: Sweet show Wiz