Speaker 1: God, it's so thirsty when podcasters like beg you to follow, like subscribe. I would never do that. Y That is gives me the eck.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, the full show starts right now.
Speaker 2: The information that I'm about to say could change the lives of my co host Brooke and Alexis forever Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And you may have already seen this because it came across on TikTok. But if you don't know about it, you need to. It's a Costco hack that people are freaking out over.
Speaker 1: A Costco give it to me.
Speaker 2: Almost all of America didn't know that this existed either. So you know those like big boxes of assorted like Costco cookies, yeah where Yeah, you give the kids the oatmeal raisin ones, give their significant other the macadamias, and then you hoard all the chocolate chips for yourself.
Speaker 1: It's really the only ones that anybody.
Speaker 2: Wants, right, But one Costco member just figured out that you can call the bakery ahead of time and ask for them to be frozen, which you can easily just heat up in the microwave. And if you do that, you can get an extra large box of one hundred and twenty cookies for just thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: Why is the Costco Bakery so magical, Like it's a place where you just drop the name off and then suddenly you have a cake with your name on.
Speaker 2: I think the Keebler elves actually work in the Costco Bakery.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: So with those one hundred and twenty cookies like those could possibly last you the entire year if you want.
Speaker 1: That's funny cookt or maybe a.
Speaker 2: A solid week in Brooks House, yes, or you know they'd be great for parties. Is unclear if you can request just one type of cookie for the whole pack, like if you only want a chocolate chip?
Speaker 3: Are you saying that you're volunteering me? Is tribute to try out? You sure have different combinations.
Speaker 2: We can get one hundred percent report back to us.
Speaker 1: Okay, you mean one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: And they don't put these giant bar is out on the floor. This is something that you have to call in order, so it's like a secret.
Speaker 1: Imagine the chaos that would ensue as you walk out with your cookies. Everyone is going to be asking you where did you get him? How did you get him, you're going to be like a celebrity.
Speaker 2: It's totally chaos. It's just like scores of applause. As you might check out. Everybody is cheering for you. So you are welcome for the hot tip. This is the type of news that the listeners want from us.
Speaker 1: Improve Lives.
Speaker 2: Yes, really, this and the sweet sound of throats getting sapped in the shock collar question of the day. We're gonna send it over to Digital Jake for it. Give it to us Jakes.
Speaker 4: At first glance, you wouldn't think this room would be full of hardened criminals, but according to the Highway Patrol, that's exactly what we have here.
Speaker 5: Do they count?
Speaker 4: They count that Brooke is wanted in four counties for using emergency vehicle lanes as her personal VIP expressway.
Speaker 2: It's just a bus lane, an emergency bus lane.
Speaker 4: Alexis has accidentally admitted to car insurance frauds seven times this year alone. Nobody listens, and Jeffrey's driver's license hasn't been renewed since the Bush administration the first one. But your lives of reckless roadway crimes might come in handy today as you tackle the top twenty excuses people use to get out of a speeding ticket. In another round of plenty of twenty, let's start today with the guy who looks like the dollar store version of NASCAR's Chase Elliott. That's young Jeffrey. Jeffrey Top twenty excuses people used to get out of a speeding ticket.
Speaker 2: I guess if I'm gonna steal a tip from the movie Tommy Boy, you have to get out of your car screaming in order to pull it off. But the bees in the car.
Speaker 6: Bee.
Speaker 4: Bees in the car. Yeah, you saw bugs or fighters in the car and you're driving past to get away from it. That's number twelve on the list. All right, Jeffrey's off the board. Alexis, it's your turn.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: I actually got my first speeding ticket ever because I had a piece so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I told him that he didn't care. So anyways, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: You have to go to the bathroom, Jane, I have to go to the bathroom. Number five on my list. We're two for two. It's Jose's turn, Okay.
Speaker 8: Can I just say emergency?
Speaker 2: Okay? Then there's an.
Speaker 4: Emergency medical emergency number two on the list.
Speaker 1: Brook I hate this list.
Speaker 3: I do like because I had never gotten out of a speeding ticket.
Speaker 1: The first speeding ticket I got, I was sixteen years old.
Speaker 3: The night before I was literally at the hospital with my friend because she had a brain tumor.
Speaker 2: Oh true story likely story true.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I told the cop that, and I said I'm so sorry I was late for school, and he did not care.
Speaker 1: Oh ball, I still gave me a ticket.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's probably all the open bottles of beer in the car.
Speaker 1: Sixteen. I think I'm just gonna say I'm late for work school.
Speaker 4: Late for work's number four on the list. Yeah, there are other late fours on here. Let's go back to Jeffrey at the top of the list.
Speaker 2: The last time I got pulled over, I was bringing a Philly cheese steak home and I told the officer I didn't want it to get cold and mushy by the time I got back to ate it, so I had to go a little quicker.
Speaker 4: It's time sensitive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't work, but I think it's a valid excuse bringing home hot food. You don't want it to get cold.
Speaker 5: When I was sixteen.
Speaker 2: On the list, Alexis.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's on there. But I think this should count. Is a legit excuse when you sneeze while you're driving. You know, I feel like you swear like things happened when you sneeze, and I think you should be able to get.
Speaker 2: A ticket sneeze and spent and tail game, because.
Speaker 1: Anything could happen in that second.
Speaker 6: Your Wow, I'm like sneezing, Jake.
Speaker 2: Let me be clear.
Speaker 4: You're going with just prolonged sneezing enough to speed and then for them to pull you over.
Speaker 1: Like three times in a row.
Speaker 2: It was a harrowing half of a second, Jake, don't downplay.
Speaker 7: It's like an allergy attack.
Speaker 4: Sneeze attack not on the list. I'm sorry, did try that? Let me know if that works. I put that on the list for next time. Jose, it's back to you.
Speaker 8: I think to play it safe. I mean, you said there were more late excuses, So what if it's I'm late. I'm late for a very important date, a date.
Speaker 4: Late for a date number seventeen on the list I'm holding on to do you know who?
Speaker 2: I am just below hot food?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: When I was in college in Montana, there was no speed of it, believe it or not, and I would say that part of the reason is because I was listening to really fast music.
Speaker 4: Jake, Oh, listening to super fast music did not make our list.
Speaker 2: Totally makes you speed.
Speaker 4: Dough, Brooke and Alexis are out so far, we're down to Jose and Jeffrey. Jeffrey, it's back to you. The number one answer.
Speaker 2: Is still on the board.
Speaker 4: Number one, number one, three, six, and seven on the board.
Speaker 2: Well, you probably should, like if you're getting caught speeding, you need to tell the officer. My dad doesn't think that I'm manly enough, so I had a speed to prove to him my masculinity.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like that would actually work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they get it. They understand you need to impress yourself. Trying to win your father's love. Did not make the list. I'm sorry, jeff That means Jose is the winner. Let me go over the let's see what you guys. Miss number one didn't see the speed limit. That's not it.
Speaker 4: Ah didn't know I was speeding, just general ignorance. Number three, everyone else was going the same speed. Number seven six, I'm lost and not familiar with the roads. I sped up trying to avoid an accident. Late for an interview. Late to pick up or drop off my kid. Jose didn't see the sign was number ten. Okay, pedometer broken, Late for court, late for the doctor.
Speaker 1: Late to meet friends.
Speaker 4: I'm very upset heading to a funeral. Oh yeah, you missed my turner exit number twenty. I saw there were aliens on the news. I was listening to orson Wells and I had to get out of town. That was plenty of twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose is the king of police excuses, so he's gonna choose to get shot, and they're going to be saying firework by Katie Perry. Who is it, Jose, I'm gonna pick Alexis.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Alexis, because Baybe, you're a fee you work.
Speaker 2: Your word. That's a shot.
Speaker 6: Got the question of the day brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: When it comes to hosting TV game shows, one of the most prestigious ones that people want to be associated.
Speaker 1: With, Oh god wow, yeah.
Speaker 2: Got the top tier prices ride Jeopardy the Fortune for sure, Then you got to go down to the second tier like family Feud. Let's make a deal, Hollywood squares.
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 1: What about the grocery store sweep?
Speaker 2: One may then you get to the lower tiers like guess that smell? And who wants to Fight a polar Bear? But turns out that's still not the bottom. There's a game show on an even lower tier of dignity where contestants play trivia against a pretentious no it all radio host who mops you the entire time for being poorer and less attractive than she is.
Speaker 3: The only thing I argue in that statement is the pretentious line.
Speaker 2: And it happens right here on this radio station. So tune in for the lowest tier of game show when we play. Coming up right now, we're welcome into brand new play to win Brooks Bucks today. Her name is Gaya. She is a stay at home mom with two kids, ages one and seven, and shockingly, she says the one year old is actually harder.
Speaker 1: Brook Oh shocking the seven year old than the seven year old.
Speaker 3: That means she did her job right, Oh, you know, like if they're self sufficient at seven, you're doing something correct.
Speaker 2: Wow. Congratulation. We don't get a lot of good moms on the show. Ya.
Speaker 9: How you doing wonderful?
Speaker 5: How are you all right?
Speaker 1: What do you think the highlight of your day is going to be? Today outside of this.
Speaker 9: Moment, probably beating Brook.
Speaker 2: That's the thing she told our producer before she came on, that she is definitely gonna win today, which most people don't say that. They kind of play it coy, like, Oh, I don't know, maybe Brook will have an off day. Not Gaya, She's coming in hot and coffee. Yeah, all right, and giggly too. So let's send Brook out of the studio and Gay, we're gonna go over the rules really quick. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat Brook outright if you want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right? Good luck? Your time starts now. On this day, the twenty second Amendment was ratified, limiting a US president to how many terms two? What two colors make? Purple?
Speaker 9: Red, and blue?
Speaker 2: The Bearing strait separates Alaska from which country?
Speaker 9: Uh past?
Speaker 2: There were three foods rationed in England to start World War two? Name one of them?
Speaker 10: Potatoes?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Snap, snow and shelling are all types of what vegetable? What is the plural form of the word cactus Roman reigns is associated with which entertainment Sport.
Speaker 9: Olympics.
Speaker 2: All right, well done, Gaya Brook's gonna come back into the studio. And it says on my screener here that Gaya was a jet engine mechanic in the Navy. What was that like?
Speaker 10: It was amazing?
Speaker 9: Really, traveling the world on the flight deck was incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are you ever worried about like not fixing something totally correctly?
Speaker 5: You have no idea.
Speaker 9: It's crazy that people would fly these planes after I fix them.
Speaker 2: She's crossing her fingers every time it takes off, Like.
Speaker 1: Duct tape is duct tape?
Speaker 2: Why do I have three screws left?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, broke your up? Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. On this day, the twenty second Amendment was ratified, limiting a US president to how many terms? What two colors make?
Speaker 1: Purple, red, and blue?
Speaker 2: The Bearing Strait separates Alaska from which country Russia. There were three foods rationed in England to start World War two? Name one of them? U meat, snap, snow, and shelling are all types of what vegetable?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Peace?
Speaker 2: What is the plural form of the word cactus? Cactus Roman reigns is associated with which entertainment sport. This is going to be a one today. I feel like the two moms squaring off against each other. We're gonna go to the scoreboard with Jose the ugliest dog in the world. Mister happy Yay, Gaya, you.
Speaker 1: Got four correct, you are gonna fire girl.
Speaker 2: A good game.
Speaker 8: Well done, Brook, Yep, the same amount of questions and even playing field and five.
Speaker 2: Man chess wasn't quite enough today, Gay, I'm sorry. Let's go over the answers real quick. On this day, the twenty second Amendment was ratified, limiting a US president to two terms. There are presidents that have gone more than two terms.
Speaker 1: But that's before it was ratified.
Speaker 2: Okay. The two colors that make purple are red and blue. The bearing straight separates Alaska from Russia. There were three foods ration in England at the start of World War Two. Butter, sugar, and bacon not give you just me snap snow and are all types of ps. The plural form of cactuses, cacti and roman reigns is associated with the WWE wrestling So Gaya, unfortunately can't give you any money. You didn't beat Brooke, but just for playing you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park, or online in the Disney store.
Speaker 3: Who all right, Yeah, I mean you did great and you can fix really complicated things.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: So I just learned if a group of priuses hit a field of cactuses, it would be a bunch of pre i.
Speaker 2: Hit a bunch of cacti.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like it all right.
Speaker 2: Someone spike Tose's coffee this morning. I don't know where from what the hell is going on? We're online blown in here, gaya, thank you so much for.
Speaker 6: Playing freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: A lot of listeners will come on our show and want to confess a secret that they've been keeping for months, for years, or centuries even woll hundreds of years?
Speaker 9: Do that?
Speaker 2: A secret that they're great great great great grandfather swore that the whole family.
Speaker 1: Would take to It's gonna be a secret of longevity, damn.
Speaker 2: Because you know, they just couldn't take the guilt anymore. But the guy on the phone right now couldn't even wait a full twenty four hours to unload his confession. Oh my god, because he found out the true story about how his parents really met and they've been lying about it for years. Okay, now we're all gonna hear it coming up in a brand new mass speaker. You don't hear me, concession, I can't take.
Speaker 6: Back, earl arms.
Speaker 2: Mouse speaker texta sevent eighty five nine who says, I eat cereal by spooning it into my mouth dry, then sipping oat milk from a glass. Trust me, it's the best way. You'll never have another soggy corn flake in your life.
Speaker 1: Myself, I just I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: No, I'm actually the same. But with steak, I popped the meat in my mouth raw, then stick a big lighter down there, cook it on my tongue till it's perfect, drop a tab of butter on top, and just swallow. Best way to eat steak. Yeah, yeah, I'm feeling fancy. But the best way to confess your secrets is anonymously right here on the mass speaker. And that's what today's caller wants to do, using the fake name John So John, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, Gump, how do you like your steak?
Speaker 6: John? Medium?
Speaker 11: Rare, But I wouldn't stick a lighter in my mouth.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have to do it for very long with medium rare, So that's good.
Speaker 2: Gordon Ramsey would disagree with you, John, but that's okay. Voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready. Let's hear your confession.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 11: Well, and I hope this is okay, but it's actually I heard a confession from my mom recently.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you meant on the show, Like, what did the voice changer not work?
Speaker 2: Your mom told you a secret recently and you want to share it?
Speaker 11: Yeah, she told the family a secret. Yeah, I kind of feel like I have to share it.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, let's get the juicy gossip from the family. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Okay, So for the last what forty years, apparently she's been lying to the family about how she really met my dad.
Speaker 2: Oh, the whole origin story.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that makes sense, Like, you know, you never go to a wedding and they're actually like, so we were both wasted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all my friends said they'll never tell they met on dating apps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's so common. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: How did they say that they met? Like originally they said, like.
Speaker 11: We've always heard this story about how they met randomly at a minor league baseball game. Okay, in terms of that was completely a lie. It was a total lie.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, was it majors?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: So the real story is that when my mom was in her early twenties.
Speaker 2: I think her fun days.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she has to go to a grandmother's funeral, my my great grandmother I never met.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I already don't like where this is going.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I mean neither. They were at the memorial service, and the pastor was apparently this tiny old man with the with the squeaky voice and a corner my mom, he would sting random words in the middle of speaking, like Vanna was was my great grandmother's name, Like Vanna was a oneonderful soul?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The guy that works at the grocery store by me who does that, and it is hilarious.
Speaker 1: He's still alive because I want to hire him for my funeral.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, And so my mom started to.
Speaker 2: Laugh during the during the ceremony.
Speaker 11: Yeah, during the ceremony. You know, he's like, Susannah will be deeply missed by her father, and she's like, my mom's cracking out apparently, Okay.
Speaker 2: She kind of nice.
Speaker 9: She can smile.
Speaker 2: Well, unless you're the only person laughing in the entire place, I know.
Speaker 1: But sometimes when you're so like there's so much emotion, sometimes just any emotion getting it out as good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I think according to a story, at least she tried to stifle laugh and she sort of couldn't.
Speaker 1: It makes it always worse. She want to laugh.
Speaker 11: More, Yeah, And so she ran outside and when she got outside, she really bursted a laughter. And she's got a guy out there who'd done the exact same thing, who couldn't take it and have run out. And they both found it too funny, and they were just cracking up next to each other outside.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute. Is that your dad?
Speaker 11: Yeah? And so they start chatting and they end up taking a walk around the cemetery to calm down, I guess, and somehow they they they wound up swooling around in a mausoleum.
Speaker 1: Oh, she included these details and retelling you.
Speaker 2: Did your mom have when she told this story?
Speaker 3: I mean, way to go, mom, but also like.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like no wonder you kept it from anyway. So nearly afterwards they went back out and rejoined the group that was, you know, at the burial site, and they made sure to stay separate so that nobody saw.
Speaker 1: Their hair's all tossled.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Why.
Speaker 7: Was here her grandma's funeral?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 11: I guess I think he knew her from some business relationship. He knew my great grandmother to work.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the confession is they aren't cousins or anything.
Speaker 11: Yeah crasher right, But they were too nervous to tell that story to anyone, and my dad was too, you know when they got engaged and married, so they made up this thing about meeting in a baseball games.
Speaker 1: Really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean for the mom and the dad, that's cute. How did you feel and your your family feel when you heard that story?
Speaker 6: We were shocked?
Speaker 9: I was. I was.
Speaker 11: I I think like my jaw was actually open the whole time.
Speaker 2: Do you have more respect for your mother now?
Speaker 1: He definitely braveyards.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 11: You know, my uncle was there yesterday. He was laughing okay last night because apparently he knew the whole time.
Speaker 2: He was watching the door guarding it at the.
Speaker 11: Mazle that apparently turned out of the story of how I was born.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you were conceived? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, and my great grandmother's funeral.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you always had a dark sense of humor or do you feel your great grandmother, you know, when one life goes, another life was created, maybe her spirit like in some way I wouldn't use.
Speaker 2: That she's embodying your soul.
Speaker 1: He's having a hard time.
Speaker 2: All right. Wow, that is quite the confessed. You feel better getting that off of your chest?
Speaker 11: Yeah, a little better shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a surprise you were.
Speaker 10: I can tell that.
Speaker 2: Wow. Text in seventy eight five nine two your story. We would love to hear anything like that or a confession you've been holding on to. We can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's coming up right after.
Speaker 6: This frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Woman went on a trip with her boyfriend and she was not happy when she got home. The reason she realized she left a personal item in their hotel room and she is desperately hoping the maid service didn't throw it out or take it or whatever. Luckily, we have just the person to help her with this issue, the happiest, most pleasant, positive guy I know, our resident hotel manager, Jose and you know he likes to get through stressful situations by making people laugh, and we all know the best laughs, of course, are from puns. You it's your phone tap right now?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 8: How was your trip? Was it off the train? I'm sorry, my name is Michael. I'm actually calling you from hotels you recently stayed with us?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, Julia, how was your trip? Was it off the train?
Speaker 8: Get it instead of saying chane because you were traveling?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, I don't know. It's funny, it's funny, even it again? All right, Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Listen, I got a message on my desk that you left a bag here, a personal item, and you wanted us to look for it.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I did. I left my make get back there a makeup bag.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, let me write that down. So I'm you know, I just just trying to cheer you up. I'm sure you miss your bag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean there's extensive stuff in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna have Johnny look in the back for it.
Speaker 8: But while he's doing that, let me do a quick survey with you about the hotel.
Speaker 2: That's okay, but I have to Well, it won't take long. Trust me, and it's way better than the hold music.
Speaker 6: You know, birder.
Speaker 2: All right, we don't really have farts, but.
Speaker 10: I just want to get my back.
Speaker 9: I'm not trying to got it, got it?
Speaker 2: This would be super quick. First question, how did your cell phone work in the room?
Speaker 10: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: You know, like, did you have to go downstairs because they had reception there?
Speaker 6: I had reception in the room.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you don't get it. Reception lobby. It's a pun. It's another way snuck it in on you.
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Is this a real survey?
Speaker 10: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yes, it absolutely is.
Speaker 8: Next question, when you were here, did you notice the Instagram conference going on?
Speaker 10: I know, No I didn't.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, I'll write that.
Speaker 8: Yeah that makes sense because you you would have seen the signs directing you.
Speaker 2: It would have said follow me.
Speaker 10: Wait for you to get it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, it is.
Speaker 8: It's another pun Instagram follow me.
Speaker 5: It's just like your personal comedy hour or something.
Speaker 10: I just want to get my freaking makeup bag.
Speaker 2: No, they're still looking for it.
Speaker 8: But first, did you notice any sounds coming from the pipes when you use the restroom?
Speaker 10: Better be dumb? Pun again? I swear to God.
Speaker 8: No, I'm only asking the question because recently our plumbing system went on strike. It wouldn't pipe down until it was treated with respect.
Speaker 6: All right, this is getting very advocated.
Speaker 10: I don't care about these times. I just want my freaking bag pipe down.
Speaker 2: No, not you piped down. I'm talking about the joke.
Speaker 10: Okay, look, you're wasting my time here.
Speaker 5: Why don't you just email me if you find my bag, because I don't want to do this anymore.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, we could email you currently ours is in therapy. What Yeah, our email had attachment issues?
Speaker 1: Wow, is extremely unprofessional.
Speaker 4: My son?
Speaker 2: Attachment?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard you, and it was really stupid, really.
Speaker 2: Stupid, so stupid, just like your boyfriend Tony. Let me say, he loves loves stupid jokes.
Speaker 10: What does he have to do with this? Why are you bringing up my boyfriend?
Speaker 8: Oh, Tony's the one who set you up for this prank phone call. This is actually Jose from Brick and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're doing a phone down.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, Tony wanted us to prank you and tell you that you're his butter half.
Speaker 2: Get it, butter? Is it funny? When I explain it?
Speaker 8: But hopefully this call made you blush.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny not you.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we didn't mass scarea you.
Speaker 1: Just I'm pretty sure, she ungu.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: The weak up every morning was fun tabs weekday mornings on the twenties, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: A lot of us say that we would do anything for our best friends. Yeah, but is there a limit?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 3: You guys are so quick to say yes, you know, okay, well.
Speaker 2: Donate a kidney if it's healthy. I mean, there's not for me, for no limit. I'm always there to lend a hands, sometimes two or three, depending on what type of job it is that they want me to. But you know, not all friends are as generous as I am. One of my listeners has read her limit with her friend because they just asked her to be a part of the biggest moment of their romantic life. While she's definitely excited for him, she knows she absolutely cannot be a part of it. And you're gonna hear why. She needs help putting her foot down in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this, It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward. Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: My co host know me and a lot about my dating life, and one of the things that I request most when I put out the ads is something called the third wheel. Now, that might mean something different the way that I'm proposing it, So let's just put that idea off to the side and you can all envision what that means later.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm an I come back to it. Yeah, I think I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Well that's your last But anyway, what I want to talk about today are the traditional third wheels in a relationship, because one of our listeners, Rochelle, says she's dealing with an extreme case of quote third wheelism. Uh oh, I'm not even quite sure what that is, but she's on the phone to explain it to us and how it relates to the awkward phone call that she wants to make. So let's talk to her. Rachelle, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hi, thank you guys.
Speaker 10: Are you a.
Speaker 8: Wheel or are you always on dates where a wheel shows up?
Speaker 9: No, I'm the wheel.
Speaker 1: The more we say this analogy, it doesn't make any sense. Why is there two wheels? I mean, were we only riding bikes?
Speaker 2: It was bicycles?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very old, kay, Michae.
Speaker 2: I don't like the way that you said it so defeated, like you're the wheel, like be proud.
Speaker 9: To be the wheel?
Speaker 10: Yeah you.
Speaker 1: Who are you third wheeling all the time?
Speaker 9: I'm third wheeling with my friend Darren. We've been super close for a few years now and it's always been platonics, but we do hang out all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, And he's got a new girlfriend boyfriend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like two years ago, Darren mets from when I've music festival and I was actually there too. Her name is Ada, and she's awesome, Like, oh.
Speaker 3: Get with girls, especially when like the new girl too, isn't jealous, Like it's all what a great, healthy place to be.
Speaker 2: Do you approve of his new girl?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, she's the best And the last couple of years their relationship has just been like moving and it's been positive and great between them. And I know this sounds weird to other people, but I've been on like a lot of their days with them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Okay, that's a little unusual, like that.
Speaker 3: Group hangouts like just they're at a romantic dinner and then you're sitting sitting there too.
Speaker 9: The thing is we're like all hanging out at their apartments, and then if they're going to dinner, they'll just be like, hey, Rashall, why don't you come with us?
Speaker 2: You know, we'd love to have you.
Speaker 8: Okay, almost almost feel bad to like not invite your friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, come with us.
Speaker 7: You can say like we want a night alone, you don't want to date night.
Speaker 10: See that's the problem.
Speaker 9: They never say that. Okay, I'll be like no thing, I'm fine and whatever, but they're like super adamant. They're like, please on, it'll be fun, and so I end up going with them.
Speaker 2: It's like they're more comfortable when you're on the date with them than just being by themselves.
Speaker 1: Or they feel sorry for her.
Speaker 2: Just like don't be silly.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, not everything needs to be romantic. Yeah, ok so where are you at now with all this?
Speaker 9: Well, eventually it just became like a super regular thing for me to just be the third wheel. So like the mini golf things or they go to the fair, I would just id tag along. I hold the giants stuff animals that they win. You're the adult child the essentially, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like maybe you're not anim's super thrilled about that.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's a little bit weird. Like we've even gone on trips together, like if they're renting a cabin in the woods, they'll be like, there's an extra room, you can say. And it's been really fun. But recently Darren came to me and he told me that he wants to propose to aid us.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I assume he does actually want you there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: He want there?
Speaker 10: I was kidding about he does.
Speaker 9: He texted me and asked me if I could come along and third wheels to the proposal.
Speaker 3: And you need somebody to take the photo and do the videos.
Speaker 2: Have you learned from Darren like what he wants from you in this proposal situation? Like how involved you need to be?
Speaker 9: I don't know. I mean at first I thought it was a joke and then he said that he was serious and he just wants me to be a part of it. So at first, like my initial reaction was no, and then he was like, well, just think about it more. He wants to do it this weekend, so that's soon, okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Do you know is he inviting other people? I mean, is her mom going to be there or anything, or.
Speaker 2: Maybe we invited to be part of their proposal.
Speaker 9: It would just be me.
Speaker 10: Just you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he said you wanted you to think about it. Have you thought about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And I just I think no. I think their proposal needs to be something that I'm not a part of. And at a certain point they need to go and do stuff without me. And plus I need to go and find my own guy to branch off with.
Speaker 1: Please don't ye make sure they have a camera person.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 9: That's why I need your help, because I don't know how to say that to him.
Speaker 1: It's like you're breaking up with two people right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're not even fully breaking up. You're just get a little bit of distance.
Speaker 1: You want to be friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So we're about to call your friend Darren here and try to politely turn down his invitation to do a three way proposal to his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I keep imagining you holding his hand while he's down on one days, let's.
Speaker 2: Say together on three, A whisper it into her ear, and then you whisper it into my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I think that that is a really good thing that you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to turn this down. Okay, healthy and we don't do a lot of healthy things in relationships on this show.
Speaker 1: So I really have to come up with some advice.
Speaker 2: You're what to do. You're giving us quite the challenge. We're going to think of some good advice to give you. Will come back and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, Okay, it's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. A marriage proposal is one of the most memorable moments between a woman, a man, and that man's best friend.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what they.
Speaker 2: Say, human best friend. Even I'm not even talking about a dog. Because if you miss part one, our listener were Mille was recently asked to be the third wheel at her best friend Darren's upcoming proposal. He wants to do it this weekend, and after hearing about their two year long relationship where.
Speaker 1: His relationship with the woman's kid.
Speaker 2: Relationship where Rochelle's been basically on most of their dates with them. Yeah, like for real, I guess it's not that weird for him to ask her to be a part of the proposal.
Speaker 1: But he's not really taking no for an answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just initially said no and was like, just think about it a little more. She feels like the whole third wheeled thing, though, has run its course, and she doesn't want to be a part of the proposal. She wants that to be their moment, which is exactly what a good friend does.
Speaker 1: Totally, absolutely and Brooke.
Speaker 2: You're my good friend, not a crush, so a friend. What's your advice to Rochelle about how to politely decline her friend Darren's invite?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I was thinking why Darren would want you there so badly? And my only guess is that he's scared, and he's nervous, and he and he wants someone there for moral support.
Speaker 1: You know, do you think?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm assuming that's just what he wants. I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what if we use this time to hype him up so big that he realizes he can do it on his own. You can send him out into the world.
Speaker 2: Confidence.
Speaker 5: I would love that.
Speaker 9: But I think the thing that you guys are forgetting is that Ada, his girlfriend, is the same way she wants me on all these things, just as that as.
Speaker 7: Yeah, are you just a really good time?
Speaker 2: So Work's advice is to hype him up so big that he doesn't even want you around. Do you have some advice? Well, I think everyone knows. Life kind of happens in seasons.
Speaker 8: I'm in my like really hot, really funny season right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's just.
Speaker 8: Say your guys' era as a three way friendship is coming to an end and they need to start their era as a couple married together.
Speaker 2: You know what a good way to start the new season. Okay, and turn it into like a positive thing. This is a growth in your guys' relationship and friendship. Don't say there's a growth, but yes, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, listen, whatever, We'll get him to just do things on his own. I don't want to have to go in with them in a couple of years ago, she says.
Speaker 1: If he's started to sound a little pathetic the more you talk about him.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna step away and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. We'll be listening in and jump on the phone if we feel like you need a little help though.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Good luck, this could be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, goodbye. Here we go.
Speaker 9: Hello, hey Darren, how are you?
Speaker 10: Oh Rachelle, just the girl I was looking for.
Speaker 9: You for you see, how's everything?
Speaker 10: Come on? Now you know how everything is? Have your thought about what I said? You know, proposals, come on, tell me in the game of t Yeah I thought about it. Okay, okay, great you think yeah, yeah, that's no, that's good. Do you think that we should do it like at her favorite place or should be your favorite place? Like, because because I know she loves it when she sees you happy as well.
Speaker 9: Right, you know, no daring do it at her favorite place. It's her night.
Speaker 10: Okay, great, it's like, great, it's like but just you being there, it's gonna be so special. Like that's gonna be special not just to me, but to her because you were there for like our very first kids. You're like a part of the circle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look, look, don't you think it's a little bit weird for me to be super involved in your proposal?
Speaker 10: What you know, you've been too ba involved in our life? And you know, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Weird?
Speaker 10: Girls are playing?
Speaker 9: I know, I know, and I you know this has been such a great error of friendship.
Speaker 10: The Darren I mean, it has been such a great error. You took great share of us, even when we were sick. Remember we got in that tandem bicycle accident. It's like all of us, all of us together, we've been on everything. You even table.
Speaker 9: I remember you that you got then.
Speaker 10: We were so messed up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you were.
Speaker 10: You were a rack. And then like you know, did we did our big friendship milestone party. You remember that, Darren.
Speaker 9: I just need you to shut up for a second.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, look I'll shut up. You know how antsy I get. I'm nervous, I'm excited and I'm anxious, so I'm bad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like you just kind of sprung this up on me. I don't even I don't know what your plan was.
Speaker 10: I don't know where you look got got. I'm gona tell you. I'm gona tell you'n'a tell you kids, my dear, I made shirts, and I want you to be one of the shirt bears. You know you're gonna wear a shirt and so doing the dessert. I'm gonna stand up, take off my jacket, my shirt, gonna say, look, it's so cute. Tell me if you love this. I know you will. My shirt gonna say will you and you gonna get up. You're gonna get up and your shirt goes marry me.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, my god.
Speaker 2: More romantic than we thought.
Speaker 1: She's actually the proposal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the big question, what's going on?
Speaker 10: I heard something background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Darrenel, you're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 10: Hey, what's up, Joy, I'm doing on the call?
Speaker 1: We heard everything we were listening in, Darren.
Speaker 2: Rachelle is our friend too, and so y'all be on it to No, you are.
Speaker 1: So cute and excited.
Speaker 2: We're all very excited for you and your girlfriend Ada to get engaged. That sounds awesome. And Michelle is on board with it too.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean well, y'all, if y'all heard everything, she don't really sound like it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you caught on tonight.
Speaker 2: There is a little bit of hesitation on her side, and maybe.
Speaker 10: She does every time time we talked through these things, she gonna eventually come over.
Speaker 2: I got it. Yes, you're a personality, Darren, and that's awesome. But I do think Rachelle has some things that she would like to speak to you about. So Rachelle, Yeah, Okay, I wish we could put him down.
Speaker 10: I'm super happy for you and Ada.
Speaker 9: I'm flattered that you thought of me to be a part of this. I just think that this one time really needs to be focused on you two alone. And I think that's what's what's healthy and normal.
Speaker 10: And we'll say, oh, look, look, I mean I could simplify this. We don't have to complicate it. How about I just wear a shirt and all you do is just point to it.
Speaker 1: Oh, do you put all of will you marry me? On your shirt? Just in case Aida doesn't see it.
Speaker 2: I like that that you're trying to work with this, Darren. But I think what Rachelle's trying to say is she thinks that this is supposed to be a special moment just between you and your girlfriend, that she shouldn't be involved.
Speaker 3: And that's admirable, you know, it's admirable of her to realize that, and and isn't it what you really want to? All right?
Speaker 10: Look, come on, for Shelle, it's even beyond me. Now, what about Ada? Ada loves you. Is she gonna be disappointed?
Speaker 5: You know, she would be absolutely Look, you know, she will be excited to have you and then when it's your turn, She says she'll even be involved in your proposal.
Speaker 2: You're getting more Shirtsmith, did you know this?
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 10: Your gonna be there for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a really sweet friend.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's what she wants, but it's a really sweet friend.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, it's kind of up to you. Rachelle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I just you could do it somehow.
Speaker 2: Brook. He's turned out to be her hype man.
Speaker 1: I was very wrong about the confidence boost. I think that Darren is so good. Yeah, he is not nervous.
Speaker 2: Clearly he's really He's all in, and so is Ada. What do you think, Rachelle?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's obviously super important, Darren, I'll do it, okay, Like.
Speaker 6: The studio, How.
Speaker 1: Was this harder to convince a woman to do than actually marry you?
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey. In the morning, We've.
Speaker 2: Got a brand new player to the segment named Brittany, who admits she's a little bit nervous for her first time on the show to take on the big bad Brook, who likes to puff and puff and answer all the trivia questions.
Speaker 1: Do you have any experience with trivia?
Speaker 9: Brittany just in my car when I'm listening to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, how does that go?
Speaker 6: Pretty good?
Speaker 9: My kids think I'm pretty good.
Speaker 1: Your kids, so, yeah, that's sweet. They must be. They must be not teenagers yet.
Speaker 9: No, they still think I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: God, I'm living in that too right now, and I'm just soaking up every single day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, she is cool because Brittany apparently works in it, and she says she finds that challenging, which is why we gave her a new challenge right before the segment started. We challenged her to hacking to produce your boyd's email and steal all of the questions before the game started. Were you able to do it? Brittany?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah I was.
Speaker 9: It worked pretty good.
Speaker 2: So you shall know all the answers. Here we're gonna zend brook out of the studio, and while she leaves, you know how the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat brook out right to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: I am good luck.
Speaker 2: Not that you need it because you have all the questions already. But here we go. Your time starts now. Today is National Strawberry Day. Which ones are sweet or strawberries at room temperature or cold.
Speaker 10: Ones room kemp?
Speaker 2: Back in the Old West, what drink did cowboys refer to as tonsile paint? Fact? Which US state shares the shortest border with Canada. To make milk safe for consumption, it is sterilized through a process called what.
Speaker 10: Pasteurizing?
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty six, what was the last movie Walt Disney was able to work on before he died? You know what, Brittany, I like how you passed on the answers that you even knew, just to make it seem like you didn't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't want to make Brook look bad exactly.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, Brittany well played. She passed a couple of times to give you a chance to get some right. Yeah, just wanted to make it kind of fair. I see now, Brittany, do you have any vacations planned coming up here?
Speaker 9: I don't have anything on the books yet, but I'm hoping to get a Disneyland trip planned for.
Speaker 5: The next year.
Speaker 1: Have you taken the kids already?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: This will be our first less it is wild.
Speaker 3: I went for the first time last year. My best advice is they allow you to bring snacks in. Well, you feel you fill that backpack with as much food as you possibly can.
Speaker 2: I've heard people say that they go to Disneyland specifically for the amazing food like Tella Pineapple Churro's does.
Speaker 3: When you're in line with a kid and they're having a breakdown because you've been there forty five minutes, or a husband and you're able to pull out some granola bars and some mini oranges, you have just saved the dead.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Can you just sense the love that Brook feels for her children and the way she talks about them. Food, food, and glass? Okay, Flo, I would bring some gloves Brooks here turn Are you ready? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Ready?
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. Today is National Strawberry Day. Which ones are sweeter strawberries at room temperature? Or cold ones?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cold ones?
Speaker 2: Back in the Old West, what drink did cowboys referred to as tonsil paint?
Speaker 1: Ooh whiskey?
Speaker 2: Which US state shares the shortest border with Canada. Um main To make milk safe for consumption, it is sterilized through a process called what homogenization. In nineteen sixty six, what was the last movie Walt Disney was able to work on.
Speaker 1: Before he passed away, Robin Hood.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out if you're right on that time to go to the scoreboard with Jose Can you like shut up? Britney? You got to correct today?
Speaker 9: Good, it's not bad.
Speaker 8: And Brookie did get the same exact amount of questions in fair game and only what.
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, let's try.
Speaker 2: You took her down, Britney. Congratulations, thank you and shooting work.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem I did to bring the snacks for myself.
Speaker 2: Here, let's go over the answers for everybody. It's National Strawberry Day. Strawberries taste sweeter if they're at room temperature real, why is that? We'll do our own experiment. Probably here we'll tell.
Speaker 1: You stop trying to feed the strawberries. It's awkward.
Speaker 2: Well not chocolate covered. Back in the Old West, cowboys referred to tonsel paint when they wanted to drink a whiskey to what I got right. Shortest border with Canada is shared by Pennsylvania. That's only forty two miles long. The tiny corner. You can forget about it. Yeah, to make milk safe for consumption, it gets sterilized through pasturization.
Speaker 1: What's homogenization but the fact? Oh it's the fat Okay, shoot.
Speaker 2: I knew that the last movie Walt Disney was able to work on before he passed away was The Jungle Book eighteen sixty six. So congratulations, Brittany, you beat Brooke. You get one hundred dollars plus just for playing. You also win a one month unlimited certificate for True Fusion Find your edge At True Fusion Yoga and Fitness. You can join today and experience heated and unheated classes featuring twenty five different modalities, including yoga, pilates, boot camp, and a whole lot more.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, god, and look at that. Just because you won and you get one more year of your kids thinking that you're cool.
Speaker 2: That's how it works, exactly, Brittany. You did it, well done. Come back and play anytime. Okay, we'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.