Speaker 1: The Urban One Honors celebrates the best in Black excellence in music, philanthropy, arts, and more. This year's theme, the Best in Black Honorees included Frankie Beverly, Dion Warwick, Mary J. Blige, Chloe Bailey and Moore. And what can we say about the remarkable achievements of these honorees.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the show? Anybody see the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was I saw it. Yeah, it was very good. I mean Frankie Beverly long overdue for him to get something.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like him, Yes, give him all of this, yes, please, And he was very grateful and very touched for it. I loved when Dion Warwick said during her acceptance speech, it's always an honor to be honored by your own. Mary J. Blige did a Snoop Dogg and she thanked herself for all.
Speaker 2: Of her hard work.
Speaker 1: She sears not a shout out.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the presenters.
Speaker 1: Tiana Taylor, who looks like is going to play Dion Warwick when they.
Speaker 2: Do Dion story. Oh wow, yeah, nic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely resemble Carl Thomas, Angie Stone, Keeck, me Wyatt, Meek Gilbert and October London saying his smash hit back to Your Place, he was discovered by Snoop right October, London's Yeah so just to name a few, if you haven't checked it out, Tommy, I know you said.
Speaker 4: You didn't get a chance to see it, Buttann, I'm gonna care minimum minimum.
Speaker 1: You know it, and other entertainment news. According to Yahoo dot com, while promoting his new memoir What Have We Here, eighty six year old Billy D Williams says he is always comfortable. He's always been comfortable hanging out with members of the l g B t q I A plus community. He went on to say that he is unbothered by the rumors that people called him closet queen. He said he doesn't pay attention to any of that. Billy De has made comments in the past that men should get in touch with their feminine side, but he said he wasn't talking about.
Speaker 2: Sex people, okay.
Speaker 1: Billy D went on to say that he identifies as a man and that he is not gay.
Speaker 2: I know. Back in the day though, Lois was yes, gonna day. Yes, what did you say, Tommy love?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, that's what that was our moms zili yes.
Speaker 3: Id damn just drinking cold.
Speaker 2: Yes, legend. Yes, so he has a new book out.
Speaker 3: What have we here?
Speaker 1: Also on other entertainment news, a rod of course we know on this Alex Rodrincuz as well has seen the comments and he's.
Speaker 2: Seen the memes.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's a retired Major league Major League All Star. He's been getting roasted on social media after showing up to an NBA game with his skin looking several shades darker. I mean, you know, we know he's light skinned. Okay, so for dark now, he said. He decided to explain his change in appearance. He posted a video with the caption quote, everybody, calm down, It's just a tan. It's just a tent. I know that I'm dark, but I am Dominican. Huh, what'd you say, Tommy?
Speaker 4: That's all it is. I saw it. It's all yeah. Yeah, y'all want to comment. Y'all need to try to figure out how why Sandy social.
Speaker 2: Look like it was much lighter.
Speaker 3: He's seen through Damn. Yeah, he talking about it. Sammy looked like he worked out at the bakery.
Speaker 2: That's the bakery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just you know, he just looked that different. You know, he just looked like the dude, that come out the back and back there.
Speaker 3: You know. Oh that's all just just a different profession, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh but a Rod fell As, that's that's clorox he got.
Speaker 3: Yeah white man. Yeah, yeah, he didn't get around his eyes. Good spot, they're lying around his eye. You don't getting none on them?
Speaker 2: Why are people mad that a rod is darker though?
Speaker 3: What is that about? I don't know at Kelsey because he got a fade.
Speaker 4: Kelsey didn't start to fade, and they talking about Katy he never he knew. He didn't start to fade. The brothers got phade. Man, Oh that's ours. Yeah, that don't bother me. Oh yeah, that ain't. Ain't mad at that? Now you go to that Sammy though, that's sam and something else cause that's two different looks.
Speaker 3: Said is SoCal?
Speaker 2: Why did he bleach his skin though? Why did he use those products?
Speaker 3: I wonder?
Speaker 2: I do know? Shame shame? He didn't want to be his dark skin?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah, why would you bleach yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He trying to pass, that's what that's what for? A little bit la pass? Yeah, look at his eyes, we're.
Speaker 2: Looking at them, s Sammy Solcer.
Speaker 4: Right now I'm talking about man, he just been from a black dude to just yeah he damned there albino. Yeah yeah, that's that's that's that's he got too strong a bleach.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're down at the bleach though. They got levels.
Speaker 2: That's what Tommy said. He used chlorox instead of yeah done, no florof when I'll see it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's such a marked difference from when he was on the baseball field until when he started using the bleaching cream.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, sad, give me a and give me cracker.
Speaker 2: I'll take that. He was, Sammy, So think I mean with a rod and get a tan.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour. Do you consider lying by omission the same thing as lying?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is a great question for you, Steve. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show.