Speaker 1: With a recdre Have you ever somebody told me they did this and I can't remember who they were, like before, God, I want don't remember. I want to say it's Brooks Wheeland, but I can't say for sure. They told me before they knew that comedy is not music and it doesn't work in every environment. That there was a Thanksgiving was a nikicab that told me this story. Somebody was in a Thanksgiving dinner with their in laws with their like girlfriend and their family, and the girlfriend's family was like, you do comedy, why don't you do stand up for us? And the guy did stand up at the dinner table for his girlfriend's family and he's like, I've never bummed harder, and I think it ruined our relationship. Yes, I honestly think it's part of the reason it ended that because he was only likez he was he was like a year in just doing stand up. It wasn't like he wasn't a veteran by any mean. It was like early days, like year or two in. And he was like, okay, and he did and he said it was like a nightmare. And it was at the beginning of dinner, so it was just like hours of awkward.
Speaker 2: For dessert, that's bizarre the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Even after for dessert, it's like, get me out here. But I did do the same thing when I was I started when I was twenty, so I was in college when I started, and my teacher and my material is very foul, very graphic, and just gross out. It wasn't funny, it was just gross. It didn't have any wit to it. It wasn't clever or well crafted. So my teacher was like, dude, you do stand up and him in this like very goody goody student. She was like a waspy blondie like goody goody where it's like, oh my god, you do comedy. So the two of them, they're like the class left and they were like, stay here and do your stand up for us. And I had a similar experience. I'm just remembering this now, and he was very I love this teacher is one of the my favorite teachers in comedy, in comedy in college. So it's just him and this girl. So it's a it was a classroom like this with two people, one teacher and one very uptight like four point zero GPA goodie good evaluatorian typing girl and I did like the rap. My opening joke used to be so anyway, my dad's dick is huge. I walked in and I'm taking a piss and I thought he was holding a quiz no, sub I thought. When I was nineteen, I was like, that's hilarious. That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Now I'm like, that's a good bit. He's bringing the big back.
Speaker 1: And then and then the rest of it was like snuff footage but comedy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was just fucking disgust.
Speaker 1: It was just poop and pee and shit, and I.
Speaker 3: Like my act now, to be honest, I'm feeling embarrassed that you're like this smut and I'm like, oh right.
Speaker 2: You're like, don't see me at yuk yock sweet give me and you did it. I did it.
Speaker 1: It was horrible. It was It was the equivalent to the Thanksgiving doing the thing. I think the Thanksgiving is worse because the only thing doing stand up at Thanksgiving for your own parents, the only other the only thing that could be like more ninth Circle of Hell is doing it for your girlfriend spared.
Speaker 2: Way worse, way worse. That's so fucked up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna text Nick Cobb and I think that's Nick Cobb's star. I'm going to text him. I haven't talked to him. I don't know if you know that it's I haven't text I haven't talked to him in fifteen years. I don't think, but I would reach back. I hope this is your number. Just tell me if I'm remembering this correctly, because that's a nightmare. That's a doozy.
Speaker 2: That's a doozy.
Speaker 3: People like, yeah, I've never No, I've never done that. I'm not doing Okay, So I used to Highland.
Speaker 2: His last name is toll Lev.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're not Jewish?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: To Lev? Yes is a Bulgarian name.
Speaker 2: Yes, it sposed to be not Jewish nov. It's supposed to be t O L E F F.
Speaker 3: When my grandma came across on the boat, he didn't know how to spell properly, so they just he mumbled it and that's what they wrote down my last Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Get out of my office. We are in an office right now.
Speaker 3: This is the most insane job interview of my life.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 3: Are we having a fucking three cross?
Speaker 2: And then you're gonna be able to stand up? It's all for him. I'm going to leave. These are Netflix's cameras. Oh my god, I'm not a special show. Oh no, i'lly with Eric and Dre