Speaker 1: M.
Speaker 2: Danielle will appreciate this. I love I love anything.
Speaker 3: So that's nice to set it up that I'm gonna hate it already.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, So my friend had dinner with Charlotte Wells, who directed Aftersun. Yes, and I haven't talked to her yet. But my friend was so nervous because it was like her favorite favorite movie.
Speaker 2: And she was like, and she never meet your heros.
Speaker 1: Exactly, She like completely fangirled out, like met her at some party and then like was is working in New York right now?
Speaker 2: And was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna track her down.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna you know, And this is a friend who should not be nervous about like this, This is a This is a very successful.
Speaker 2: Tellus who the friend is?
Speaker 1: Why are you being Tom Cruise my friends? Tom?
Speaker 2: Okay, I knew you were. Why you're hiding it? So Tom, is you know.
Speaker 4: You guys are in scientology together, you're the most you're the most likely to be a scientologist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is my friend.
Speaker 1: No, but but she but she was so nervous and then you're.
Speaker 2: Like we were like texting. I was like, how to go You're really not going to tell us who you're friend. No, I don't want to, don't you know? No, it's not important.
Speaker 1: The point that the important part is she was so nervous about, you know, meeting her hero like meeting somebody who, and so got me thinking about the times when I've I think I've brought most of them up on the show that I've lost the ability to speak when meeting somebody. Stacy Keenan, right, yes, right, Uh, I'm and Richard Dreyfus for you, Daniel for me.
Speaker 2: I had to I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Know, have you guys, Okay, let me put it this way, have you had an awkward encounter with somebody that you just because you were such a huge fan, or is there somebody who you know you would be awful if you actually ever met them, like you would just lose the ability to speak or have a horrible time.
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 3: First of all, the way you started this conversation for me, you might as well have said, hey, my friend Race, you know my friend met Ray Shrewsbury, director of Tingle House, Like I didn't know anything of the Pingle House or whatever you're talking about nominated and that meant.
Speaker 4: You need wait, well you've heard writer and I talk about Aftersun.
Speaker 2: It's the movie that then when writer told me, oh, you guys cried for like a Yes, we cried for like a week after it. And by the way, it was so funny.
Speaker 5: The best felt the same thing with him.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't see a lot of movies, and when when I do, it's because Jensen has usually very like He's very good at curating what he thinks I'm gonna like. And as you know, I think I've talked about it. I can tell whether or not I'm going a movie is going to be good by one just the billboard, the photo they pick. I can tell you whether or not it's a good movie.
Speaker 5: You are literally judging a book by its cover.
Speaker 2: I like it, and I'm great at it.
Speaker 4: There was one time he said to me this He's He's like, we're gonna go see this movie. It has like ninety seven percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Everyone loves it. A friend of ours is someone we like, not a friend adjacent is in it. I think it's gonna be I think you're going to love it. And we got there and in the first five minutes I said, this movie is going to be horrible, and he was like, no, it's not. I promise you it's not. And it was horrible. We ended up having a great time in it. I don't remember the name of it.
Speaker 2: Because I don't remember a single thing about the movie. It was called.
Speaker 1: Searching, Searching, Looking, Finding, Finding. You're the one where the guy lost his daughter.
Speaker 2: Familiar Johnson said, yes, yes, yes, it's all. That's a great little movie. How could you do that?
Speaker 4: We had a great We had a great time in the movie, but it was because the whole theater was kind of like laughing with it and pointing out problems and being like.
Speaker 2: What what is it?
Speaker 4: So we ended up enjoying the movie going experience, but didn't love the movie anyway.
Speaker 2: How did we gets on that topic?
Speaker 5: Oh, the celebrities, But I mean mine again, my super easy Alan.
Speaker 2: You never met him. If you did, you would fall apart.
Speaker 5: Right, Michael J. Fox.
Speaker 3: I've now met a couple of times, but I still would probably be a little bit tongue tied. And I was that way with buzz Aldrin when I when I'm when I met buzz Aldron.
Speaker 5: Like, there's twelve people in the history of the world, did you walk?
Speaker 3: I met buzz Aldrin at a Disney event because he was the inspiration for buzz light Year, so he was there at one thing. And I've only asked for autographs from two people in my entire life, and one was buzz Aldrin, the other was Tony Hawk. Tony Hawk signed my my Tony Hawk CD, my game Tony Hawk.
Speaker 1: I never would have guessed that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was a huge.
Speaker 3: Fan of Tony Hawk video all the time, so I brought my video game and then I got to One of the coolest things was I then did Tony Hawk American Wasteland. I was the voice of the quote unquote you care so everybody who could build the character to look like how they wanted it.
Speaker 5: Was it was my voice.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 3: When I finished, the guy who was coordinate and said, do you realize you're literally the only person in the world that can make the avatar look like you?
Speaker 5: And it's you're you're playing the Tony Hawks.
Speaker 3: So it was it was very very cool. So that those are my answers that that, yeah, that's who I would.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the video of buzz Aldron punching that guy?
Speaker 5: Great, great video, awesome have you seen I'm just not taking it. It's like, I'm not even gonna discuss this with you.
Speaker 2: So this moon moon landing conspiracy theorist approaches buzz Aldront and just.
Speaker 1: Like, admit it, you didn't go to the moon. But like what he like harasses the poor guy.
Speaker 2: Buzz al is old, yeah, very nice guy.
Speaker 1: And like you could see him like trying to avoid this guy, and this guy is like cracking him down, following him through a hotel lobby and then buzz altered and he just find what does he call He calls him a coward. That's what he calls balls a buzz Aldron a coward and buzz Aldrin boom right in the mouth. Is it's so a deense You're like, oh god, you're like this seventy five year old dude just took this other guy out.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 4: Not not not actors or directors. Musicians I have, Like I have some musicians that that I would you know, you guys know.
Speaker 5: These musicians I would, I would know the names?
Speaker 2: Will what you would? You would?
Speaker 4: Because most of them are hip hop artists and you're a big hip hop guy hip hop I know. I mean you did name at least four of the Wu Tang members and.
Speaker 2: I was impressed with you most of the klan you had.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so like I did meet doctor Dre once and that was doctor I know that was that was really cool. I still have not met Lil Wayne, and I love Wayne. I would probably I don't know that I would be speechless, but it would be like it would be one of those moments where I would regularly have to remind myself, like this is actually happening right now?
Speaker 2: Is there? I'm sorry, is there just a Wayne?
Speaker 1: No, they're all litl Okay. I was curious if there's a big or just a regular size.
Speaker 3: Wayne, and then there's a littl Wayne, like Wayne Junior, without there being a Wayne.
Speaker 2: Big Wayne, mid Wayne, Lil Wayne.
Speaker 5: Okay, go Ja.
Speaker 2: Tara just said you went home early in Vegas and missed Wayne. Yeah, because I need my sleep.
Speaker 5: That's what's more important.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think basically based on knowing that about me, you understand that not really, there aren't really too many people I would go out of my way.
Speaker 5: You're speechless with your pillow every night. That's what you love. Yes, totally speechless love it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Pod meets World. I'm Danielle Fischel.
Speaker 5: I'm right or Strong, and I'm Wilfordell. Here is a big Pod Meets World tour announcement.
Speaker 4: The three shows that we had to postpone at the end of last year because one of us caught COVID rude, they.
Speaker 1: Have brand new dates. We are so high to be making good on these shows and coming to say hello to you listeners.
Speaker 4: And really thank you for being so patient while we work this out.
Speaker 5: So we will be in Durham, North Carolina at the Carolina Theater on June nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Then Atlanta at the Tabernacle on June twentieth.
Speaker 4: And finally in the Big Easy, New Orleans on Friday night, June twenty first, at the Civic Theater, which is our most intimate venue yet.
Speaker 3: If you have tickets from old dates, those will work to get you in, and if you have any issues, please do contact the venue and they will work it out.
Speaker 1: And tickets including VIP meet and greets, are still available for all three of these dates, so go to Podmeetsworldshow dot com to purchase.
Speaker 4: Durham on June nineteenth, Atlanta on June twentieth, and New Orleans on June twenty first.
Speaker 5: Podmeetsworld Show dot com for tickets and we'll see you there, hopefully in costu.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: Today's recap is season four, episode nine, sixteen Candles and four hundred pound Men. It originally aired November fifteenth, nineteen ninety six. The synopsis is that Corey and Shawn try to help Frankie with his father's wrestling match while also simultaneously attending to Pega's sixteenth birthday party. It was directed by Jeff McCracken. It was written by Matthew Nelson, which is shocking to me that this was not a Mark Bluman script.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like one that he probably pitched, because I think the reason this happened is because he was really good friends with somebody. But Blutman, Yeah, really good friends with somebody at the WWA.
Speaker 1: Usually all the wrestling stuff as butt mean, Yes, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: You're right, it was like Matt Nelson. This is kind of a.
Speaker 1: Departure for Yeah, it also kind of doesn't feel like of Matt Nelson.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was, but you're right, I met it was a I think this year Mark Bluman and Buskang were kind of helping to run the broom and so it's possible they pitched this idea and gate and it ended up being a Matt Nelson script.
Speaker 1: Well, considering they wrote like fifteen scripts and C two three three, Like, yeah, they were writing so much. I have a feeling, you know, and I also remember, like you know, everybody, especially because it wasn't their show, right boy Me Towards wasn't their show, They were probably looking for other jobs, you know, like everybody always had one foot out the door of like how long is this show gonna last? Can I use this to get, you know, another gig, And they probably wanted to create.
Speaker 2: Their own shows, which you know they went on to do. Were they helping on any of Michael's other shows?
Speaker 5: I know he would bring people to other stuff. Did they?
Speaker 1: I don't think Bluman and bus Gang were no, because I know Sherman went to do You Wish? Yeah, but I think Bludman and bus Gang were no. I feel like and I feel like Mark talked about this, like wanting to do more grown up shows like feeling pigeonholed and kids television at the time and how now he thinks that that's kind of ridiculous, but at the time he felt the desire, So I think he and bus Gang were trying to get onto like adult shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would make sense. So a guest stars Ethan Supper returning is Frankie Stachino. Leon White aka Big Bad Vader is back as Frankie Stacchino Senior. E j De Lapagna is also back as Little Hermann Stacchino, and the legendary Jake Roberts plays himself. He was WWF superstar Jake the Snake Roberts, who after years of personal struggles and battles, is back in wrestling at all Elite.
Speaker 2: Wrestling as a manager.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 4: And then WWF producer and writer Bruce Pritchard appears as brother Love and announcer. He is still at the now named WWE as a head executive in creative.
Speaker 5: That might be Blutman's friend.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 5: Bruce.
Speaker 4: Pritchard and Mark know each other very well, okay, And he's Bruce's a great guy from everything I've heard, people really like him.
Speaker 2: And Earl Hebner is the referee.
Speaker 4: He's the most legendary of WWE referees from the eighties and nineties and he is now retired.
Speaker 2: So what were your all overall thoughts on the episode.
Speaker 5: Do you want me to start?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: This was an interesting episode for me because it was really fun to sit back and watch one that I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't in because I got it in a single scene. No, no, they we weren't in this episode.
Speaker 3: The family had nothing to do with the episode, so it was fun to sit back and just kind of let it wash over me.
Speaker 5: I obviously wasn't there, so I have no memories of the week. I just got to watch the off. Yeah Michael, Oh no, I know I did, because.
Speaker 3: This this happened four or five times maybe, and Michael would always come over to me and go, hey, come here, come here.
Speaker 5: We wrote the script next week, You're not in it. You got a vacation. See it two weeks and I go, oh, okay, and now and that was it. I'd see you in two weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow. So it was fun. And again it's absurd. Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was really nice to see Corey driving the story again.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, Danielle, you're adorable and your sweet sixteen outfit and everything going.
Speaker 2: So it was I had fun again.
Speaker 3: I think I was so able to dissect myself from the episode because I wasn't in it that. I was just watching a wacky nineties episode of TV that I'm not sure I've ever seen before.
Speaker 2: Don't you kind of wish Eric was in it?
Speaker 1: Though, No, I think it was Eric.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it was just I think it was I think again, they're they're rotating the Matthews.
Speaker 3: Living room now with everybody else's living room, so we get Sean's living room and now we're getting Vader's living room. So it's you know, I get what they're doing, and I'm now.
Speaker 5: Just allowing it to happen. You know, it's like wash over me, crazy wrestling thing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna forget all the stuff that doesn't make any sense, and I just sit there and kind of watch you guys play. And I also know all the stories that you've told me about how crazy it was, so I'm like pointing things out to Sue as or watch like oh, they were all yelling like yeah, So.
Speaker 5: That was fun for me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean it was an enjoyable twenty two minutes writer. Not for me, Yeah enough for me. I mean, you know, I think similar to to Disney World, it's it's larger than life, right. It has this quality about it that makes it super memorable, like the fact that we're wrestling in the ring, the like I think the Flintstones thing is funny like that.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Scene, but I guess I guess, like especially coming off of the absurdity of the.
Speaker 2: Like the what was the hospital episode? A couple episodes backed out in the hospital there was.
Speaker 1: Something just genuinely funny, like in Beat for Beat in that one that was like, even though it's absurd, I'm laughing, this one just wasn't super funny, and it also didn't have like it kept trying for heart, but it didn't quite land for me, like between Vader and his son, like I was like, oh, yeah, I see where this is going and and I guess it kind of wraps it up.
Speaker 2: But it didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, none, none of the actual like scenes landed for me. So it ends up being like a whole big set piece episode, which yes, is a big set beast episode, and we can forgive it all its things, but actually I'm like, no, I think they could have used a rewrite and a little more I could have been better, Like I don't know, there's just could have been some stuff going on, like it just it was kind of me for me. So it's a little bit of a bummer because I know, I'm sure people there are some people for whom this is their favorite episode, but I think it's just like the Disney World episode. It's mostly because of the set piece, like it's so great and like you know, the idea of like Corey and Tapanga dancing in the ring, like.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: But when I actually watched that scene, especially the tag, I'm like, ugh, something's awkward, something's off. It's not landing for me. So unfortunately, no, I'm a no on this episode.
Speaker 4: That's a no for me dog as a as a wrestling fan and as somebody who has you know, participated in wrestling events and all that stuff. I see why this episode lands and really resonates with people who are also wrestling fans, because, like you said, the set piece of it all is so incredible, and to see Corey and Sean and Frankie in a real arena and to see the real fans the kind of background you could never pay for. It would never look like that, no matter if it were, if it had been done to try and look real. It never would have looked like that, so to see it really happening. And the fact that we used some WWF footage like that opening shot is like their cameras, not even our footage, So like that's all crazy and super cool. As far as it being an episode of boy Meet's World. For me, exactly what you said was missing is the actual heart we have to fall into very quickly, the conceit that Frankie's in love with his dad and his dad doesn't really love him, and we have to care about that very much, even though we just learned it.
Speaker 2: And to be honest, in a lot.
Speaker 4: Of ways, Frankie's dad is very open and recce to things. Frankie says right off the bat, and don't I don't really see I don't really feel.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know anyway. I didn't really buy that a whole lot.
Speaker 4: And then Corey doesn't really care too much about Tapanga Sweet sixteen. He doesn't care about being there, he doesn't care really about the dance. He does only because he knows it's important to her, and even then he's trying to find other ways to fit other It's just what was missing in that last scene is a real sense of oh man, that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel that way. I just felt right all right. Had she had the I guess the guy.
Speaker 3: Only caring because the girl cares is a very real thing that happens all where.
Speaker 5: It's just like, I don't care about this at all, but it's important to.
Speaker 2: Her, right.
Speaker 1: But what would have been nice is if it does end up meaning something for Corey, right, like all of it. Yeah, because even just hearing you give that synopsis, I was thinking, like, wow, Vader never like he never adjusts his approach to his son. He just his Frankie just gives him what he wants. Frankie cares about wrestling, and he doesn't, like ever care about poetry or regrets.
Speaker 5: Arent.
Speaker 4: We know it's your job as a parent, period to try and connect to your children about the things that interest them. It is never their job to connect with you about the things that mean something to you.
Speaker 2: And that would have been a nice little twist if he was like I don't care about you.
Speaker 4: Know, or if somehow something from poetry helps give his dad.
Speaker 1: That's what I kept waiting for.
Speaker 4: I kept waiting for there to be something that Dad the reason I did. This is because of a poem that I learned, something I learned in a b.
Speaker 1: At the side of the he had just recited a poem or to inspire his dad or said something and his dad said, that was so poetic.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go win now. And it doesn't. I was like waiting for the line.
Speaker 5: You're waiting for the rage against the dying of the light.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the episode opened with a poem.
Speaker 1: You kind of think it's going to come back around, but yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, well there you go. So jumping into our recap, he start in Turner's classroom. Corey's at the front of the class, passionately reading poetry.
Speaker 2: Do you guys, is this a poem that Corey wrote? No, he's reading from a book. What is he read? I actually didn't. We didn't look it up. No, I don't know what it is and it made me It made me f but I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is, and they don't mention it. And it's not on the boat board. It just says like on the back like poetry reading and poetry, poetry reading poetry And you guys noticed hair, Oh yeah, fresh new haircut rest the bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember, because he had to go get another draft.
Speaker 3: He was go getting other jobs and trying to audition, so he had to cut off all his hair. Yeah, that's the first thing I saw, and I noticed that. It was like, oh, that's right. Now, Tony knows he wasn't part of the.
Speaker 4: Show exactly, so sad so uh. Mister Turner applauds Corey's reading and then yells over to Sean, and it's revealed that he's splayed across two desks.
Speaker 2: Fast asleep.
Speaker 4: Turner tries to wake him up, and Sean responds, I don't want to go to school, daddy, Corey's reading poetry. Turner yells back, you get your butt out of that bed and get to class. Sean springs up and walks out of the classroom. Frankie says he found himself very moved by Corey's piece, and Corey he returns the compliment with a little salute and a hey. Frankie continues, Sometimes we love, and though it seems the object of our love is within reach, it does not reciprocate, and so we must keep reaching. Corey is shocked, it's not about a doggy. The Pega puts her finger on Corey's mouth to shush him.
Speaker 2: Honey, don't speak, Okay, so hold on.
Speaker 1: First of all, I was like, why is Frankie in class with him?
Speaker 5: That made no sense. He's been thirteen years.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, Eric is graduated.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's just poetry class, Like when I think it's English and they're doing poetry reads in English. Frankie is like three grades ahead of them at least.
Speaker 3: But I think maybe they're alluding to the fact that he's not that he's been a junior for six years kind of thing, right, everybody else, even Harley, Well he flunked out, but Joey's gone, so.
Speaker 2: He went to the reform school or whatever. Right, Yeah, so yeah, to set this.
Speaker 1: Up, it's like you know, and of course Sean being like anti poetry and like over it.
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, this is.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a thing.
Speaker 2: Why are we? Yeah, our show.
Speaker 4: Was very Yeah, the continuity in this area, but especially it's especially annoying with character continuity.
Speaker 1: Well, but here's the irony for me is that there's there's continuity in the fact that like poetry keeps coming up, like there's like there's like clearly our writers liked the issue of poetry, and it's like, okay, cool, And we've used Frankie and the issue of poetry to be a thing before, and Sean and poetry is a thing, like we've had multiple references to do. So if you're going to keep bringing up, at least reference the fact that you've done this before, that you've talked I mean, this whole setup. I'm so glad it turns out to be his dad, but this whole setup, I was like, we did this, we did this, I know, like the whole of Frankie to a girl thing is two seasons ago, Like why are we doing this again? And so you know, luckily it's slightly revised, But also I don't know, So I just wanted a little bit of recognition, like, oh, here we go again with Frankie and poetry, or here we go again with Frankie and needing help in his love life, any of that.
Speaker 2: Just a little nod to the fact.
Speaker 1: That this has happened before would have been nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 4: I thought the exact same thing, and I have it later in the scene where it's all revealed that they're going to.
Speaker 2: Do a deal. We'll help you, and you help up, and I was like, wow, the only the.
Speaker 4: Third time in four seasons. Huh, we can't believe it. So Turner applauds Frankie's thoughtful response. The bell rings, prompting everyone to leave, but Frankie stays seated. Corey walks up and asks why the sad puss so king of poetry? Frankie begins, so at least they referenced he's the king of poetry. Okay, they've acknowledged that. Frankie begins, I'm afraid the poem you so eloquently read. Cory salutes again. Hey, Hey, the poem hits too close.
Speaker 2: To home for Frankie.
Speaker 4: Corey excitedly asks Francis Albert I was gonna say, Alberto. I don't know why I was gonna say that. Francis Albert s Tacchino. Have you been struck by Kilberto? Suddenly I would have actually been really, have you been struck by Cupid?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 4: Frankie says, alas, there are deep and turbulent waters within my soul. Sean then walks into the classroom wearing his Sean Hart shirt. Get You Now at Pod Meets Worldshow Dot.
Speaker 1: Com and a bunch of bracelets.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're you were the originator of the Taylor Swift friendship bracelet.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm wearing it. I mean, but I also have like a watch on I don't. I was freeze, fram was like, what is that I'm wearing? I've never seen this before and wearing amazing. I definitely I thought first season I wore a friendship bracelet, a bunch that somebody had made me. But like, Yeaharon Ryder, we are.
Speaker 5: Never ever ever getting back together.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, throw Swift. That's a Taylor Swift lyric. Right, writers, very musical, musical savvy. But but no, but only only about a very.
Speaker 5: Very narrow Yes, he knows everything about nine people.
Speaker 4: I thought of you the other day when I looked up Bob Bob Dylan lyrics and reading them.
Speaker 2: I hate you so much they love We're in the car.
Speaker 1: She's like, there's nobody I hate more than.
Speaker 2: Dylan can make me gag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not, it's.
Speaker 5: I mean, the lyrics are the best writer.
Speaker 1: The voices the voice of unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You guys have no idea.
Speaker 5: You can't believe that voices that you can't believe the voice.
Speaker 1: It is unlis why it's been imitated time and time again everybody.
Speaker 2: It's like he changed the course. You can't.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's an incredible vocal stylist.
Speaker 2: You cannot not. No, no, I'm not gonna call him a vocal stylist.
Speaker 1: That is. That's what being a singer is. If you have a voice, you sing, you emote, you find an expressive like lane for your voice. Nobody does that better than him, Like he naturally he doesn't have like some gifted beautiful instrument, but what he does with his voice, nobody, I mean like that is undeniably like one of the greatest styles of American music.
Speaker 2: Like I can't know think about it.
Speaker 1: Nobody in rock and roll post Dylan hasn't made reference to Dylan with their voice Like it's just he's the vocalist.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, So.
Speaker 2: I love some of the lyrics. Love him just for what it's worth. Read him as a poetry book, truly incredible.
Speaker 7: Don't ever want to hear.
Speaker 1: If you actually read his poems lyrics fantast lyics great.
Speaker 3: What about Frankie's poetry to show you?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Turner compliments Frankie on doing an outstanding job in class, asking if he can save Corey and s On who are struggling.
Speaker 2: This gives Corey a plan for a negotiation.
Speaker 4: Hah, What if Frankie helps them with poetry and in return they help him with his love situation? Never seen this before, Frankie responds, let me consider then. Immediately one second later says okay, Sean asks, so who's the girl that's doing the damage. Frankie mysteriously answers, I will tell you, but not here and not now.
Speaker 2: And then we've.
Speaker 4: Now officially kicked off the third time we've told this story on Boy Meets World in three seasons, yes, season two, No four.
Speaker 2: Which I guess is fine.
Speaker 1: You know, we probably just could have done it quicker and simpler, like let's do this again, Frankie, Okay, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, Like, never how well it worked out last time, Let's do it again. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Any the poetry thing never pays off. That's like it's like, usually when you make a deal like this in a show, it also reflects something that's going on in Corey's life or Shawn's life, or the poetry.
Speaker 2: Pays off in any way. But instead it just becomes.
Speaker 4: We never even find out if you guys get better at your gripetry.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: We were sitting with poetry books and like the other scene and the trailer and that's it and never, yeah.
Speaker 5: I never.
Speaker 3: That's one thing I didn't understand is why Corey needed the remedial poetry help, because it starts with him passionately reading a poem and Turner going that, Matthew.
Speaker 2: That was good. Yeah, great.
Speaker 5: So it's like, why that I didn't get. There's a lot that didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But again I wasn't in it, so I didn't care.
Speaker 4: Let's just they're just going get to the wrestling. Get to the wrestling, right, how quickly can we get to the wrestling?
Speaker 2: So then we have a new settler.
Speaker 4: The Stacchino's trailer, there are so many trophies and wrestling belts, pictures of Vader from Slam magazine on the wall again. Set decoration and the detail they go into to make it look and feel real is so great.
Speaker 5: Trophies and lava lamps.
Speaker 8: Oh so it's like trophies in the seventies, like Trophy room in the seventies, apparently, because yes, yes, this this uh set had three things in abundance, trophies, the lamps and boom mics, which.
Speaker 1: I only caught one like up in the upper left corner.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Time it's a next trailer stamp. Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, we all noticed it.
Speaker 4: So mister Staquino aka Leon White, also known as Vader, barges into the trailer.
Speaker 2: He's home.
Speaker 4: Frankie's happy to see his dad and asks, may I show you my most recent addition to the Norton Anthology collection of modern poetry. We see the back of Frankie Senior's head, which is showing off a very unusual haircut.
Speaker 2: Did you guys notice his haircut?
Speaker 4: The is it the it looks like yeah, it's like like his his hair over here that looked like a battering rams like something something, at least on one side. It's it's very cool. It's also very unusual. He's disappointed. You could have been somebody. You could have been a sumo Me and your brother, Herman were at the gym and he's going to be a wrestler like his father, And then he does his famous Vader bark. Little Herman return to boy meets World.
Speaker 2: And proudly states, I will carry on the.
Speaker 4: Stacchino wrestling tradition, although my barking must improve, and then he lets out the cutest, most unintimidating poodle like woof, woof, it's adorable. Frankie Senior recognizes Corey from his son's poetry class.
Speaker 2: He's a bad influence.
Speaker 4: He threatens, I should crush you like garlic and put you in my spaghetti. Corey recalls that's what he said to Psycho sid during a wrestling match before he power bombed him through the mat, And yes, exactly, and it's a real wrestling reference and that had to have come directly from Mark Bluman.
Speaker 2: It's an actual real thing.
Speaker 1: And so does it make sense that Corey's into wrestling.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's never talked about it before.
Speaker 1: It also just doesn't seem like Corey does it, right, Like Sean being into wrestling kind of makes sense that like fits Sean's character, But like Cory.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, it doesn't really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's weird and a lot of different wrestling fans so you never know. I mean, wrestling is one of those things you meet, like Danielle.
Speaker 3: If you met Danielle on the street, you would never think Danielle was a huge wrestling fan, right, So it's I mean, that's kind of the thing that can be fun about wrestling is you never know who all of a sudden you're like, oh, Jake the snake is that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like, oh, really, you're you're wrestling.
Speaker 4: So what I think is interesting about it is more that why isn't it something that Corey and Sean do together? Like I could see I would totally buy the conceit that Corey and Shawn on weekends or whatever.
Speaker 2: Totally wrestling staff and.
Speaker 4: Talk about it with each other, and it's it's like a comic book thing something they share together, or like a baseball I could see it.
Speaker 2: But it is weird that they very.
Speaker 4: Much were Like I guess they have to because if you were also into it.
Speaker 2: Corey could go to the birthday party and you can and as the whole story. So you have to know nothing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's why that's why it doesn't sit right, very convenient, very all around. Uh So, Frankie Senior lights up, Corey is a fan. He never misses a match.
Speaker 4: Frankie Senior exclaims, I like this boy, Why can't you be this boy? He woofs his way past the boys, with Herman following behind, yipping like a puppy. Frankie looks off into the distance and mutters, and yet I love you father. Shawn's eyes get wide. He realizes who Frankie loves that doesn't love him back. Corey says he's had the same realization. Sean blurts Amy Lee Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, this is pretty much the only read I liked from Me Are You episode Hysterics. So I did not like it so funny. I thought it was so such a missed opportunity. I felt like I was off. But this beat I was loving.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's funny. This is very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the commitment that I brought to it, I was like, yeah, all right, it is a little writer. But no, I thought the Flintstone scene was a disaster. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh, I thought it was great. I was laughing out loud. I thought you were both awesome. I thought the writing was good. I thought the acting was good. I thought that was definitely a good scene.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll talk about it when we get to it.
Speaker 4: Corey tells Sean to get closer, and he flicks him in the head, pointing out the obvious it's his father. And then we go to commercial break, and then we come back. We're in the school hallway. Corey is with Tapanga reading a card aloud. Someone is turning sweet sixteen and if you could be there, it would be Keen. Topanga is embarrassed. My mom wrote that at silly it's tom. I'm sorry you have to read this.
Speaker 2: Poetry does come back for him? There you go rhymes.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Corey calmly responds, slow down, honey, separate your words. She tries again, please come to my sweet sixteen. It doesn't mean a lot to me, but it means a lot to my mom. Corey asks, am I your boyfriend? She says yes, and in turn he ensures that he will be there to Pega kisses him.
Speaker 1: You're the best sortest scene in the history of boy bats world with the seas so well, we have to establish that it's the party, I know, but it's kind and gets you wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think this is the weakness right here. You know. It's like if this, if they could have raised the stakes in some way that he does need to be at this part instead, it's just to Panga wants him there, but she kind of also doesn't care.
Speaker 2: It's it's just this.
Speaker 1: This is where I think the episode could have used a little punch up in the script. And when the scene ended, I was like, that's it. There's no whether conflict any He just resolves it but just says I'll be there. He's all confident.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, it's also a little odd to me.
Speaker 4: Why did they have to make it that Tapega doesn't want to be honest about her sweet sixteen makings making like feeling important to her. It's part of what made me feel like there was no heart in it. Where Yeah, it's like, why didn't she just write from the beginning say I know it's I know it's sappy and it's weird, but my parents dance, Like right from the beginning, my parents were together at their sweet sixteen and they danced. And by the way, I was actually thrilled because I don't remember. I don't remember much, but I do know that later Tapanga has like a meltdown about her parents divorce and the fact that this was planted in season four, that her parents have been together since they were very young, and that Tapanga would somehow hold her parents' marriage up to this idea that that's what her relationship is going to be. That then makes me already feel like, well, they laid a foundation for Tapega's meltown in the future about her parents divorce a long time ago, and it makes me wonder how much of it was taken from Danielle's real life, because, as you guys know, my parents met at fifteen and got married at twenty one and were married for twenty years or thirty years, twenty thirty years.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know, I wonder how much of that little Topanga aspect was something maybe they took from Danielle's real life.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's possibly they We've already established that they're definitely doing that with other people.
Speaker 2: So are you going to keep referring to yourself in third person?
Speaker 5: I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I took it from Danielle's.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like to Penga and Danielle as a kid.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Danielle.
Speaker 3: Don't kill it, do you think do you think Tapega one of the reasons panga parents got divorced is because they woke up as completely different people.
Speaker 1: Second, only one at a time. It was first changed, jed change. It's like I don't even know you anything.
Speaker 2: That's like I'm looking at a different a different actor.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, it's also it's this is this is when I really noticed. I mean, obviously I noticed the change, and I knew I wasn't in the episode. But then I was like, oh wait, like Bill wasn't in the episode.
Speaker 5: There's parents all.
Speaker 1: None of us, and it's interesting to me. That is what doesn't take up this whole episode is just that's the thing of actual time.
Speaker 4: That is actually the thing that bum bums me out the most about this episode is that the entirety of time is lost in the time of running back and forth. So much of the episode is wasted with we have to go right now and then see and then a lot of running and then showing up and being like I'm running. It's like, so we lost so many opportunities for real story. But there was a wrestling event. So as as Topanga or Danielle walks away, Corey slyly remarks when I'm on my game, no one can touch me.
Speaker 2: Imagine if he didn't go to his girlfriend sweet sixteen, like or.
Speaker 5: Just told her what was actually happening.
Speaker 1: Is she thinking it's okay for him not to come?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Why is any Why is she even presenting this like a will you come to.
Speaker 5: My party party Saturday.
Speaker 1: I think our writers were just trying to because if ta Pega had walked in, writer thinks, if to Pega walked in, Will need you to stop.
Speaker 2: Loves it. Danielle loves it.
Speaker 5: Welcome to third person.
Speaker 1: It's such a red flag to me. If somebody were like, if you ever watched a reality show and they refer to themselves in third person, You're like, that person sucks.
Speaker 4: Is this the first red flag of mine you'd flag? I mean, I am nothing but a redells right?
Speaker 5: Will thinks right and Danielle both have read.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think our writers probably just didn't want to. They wanted to avoid Tapanga being too one note right, like Topanga can't just be all right? See am I sweet sixteen? I hope you know so to have. I think they were trying to add nuance in complexity. It just isn't that great, and I don't know if it's worth it like it would have been, it would have been way better. You alluded to this earlier, Danielle, It would have been way better to just give her a really good reason. The sill sixteen is important to her, like her parents had a great one or she had an awful fifteenth birthday, and this is gonna make up for it, you know, whatever it is. It's like and all she's been waiting for is this moment, and it's you know, that would have been enough. You just set it up with the real personal store in real steaks.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, back at the Stacchinos trailer, Frankie Jr.
Speaker 4: Is trying his best to explain poetry to Sean and Corey while they sit in obvious boredom. Writer, you are pulling on your lip.
Speaker 2: Did you notice this? Yes, it's so funny. It's never mentioned what you're doing. Or you're just literally tugging on your lower lip.
Speaker 1: Frank no idea.
Speaker 2: If that's something I came up that looks.
Speaker 5: Like a youth's choice, that's your choice.
Speaker 2: It's a choice writer made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Frankie Senior bursts through the door. It's time, It's time, It's Vader time. This was his real wrestling catchphrase. In case you didn't know, I got my rematch with Jake, the Snake and the chumps going down. Whoof Frankie Junior Hardley bats an eye and continues with his lecture, see what the poet sees, feel what the poet feels. Cory butts in telling Frankie he should do that with his father, and that's where you see the boom mic very clearly.
Speaker 2: Corner.
Speaker 5: It's a character in the scene. For God's sake, I know.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: My father is not a poet. He is a professional professional wrestler villain category with the World Wrestling Federation.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: I love that they actually get to use all the real w w F stuff and it doesn't have to just be like generic.
Speaker 2: They get to say that.
Speaker 5: Because you know the stuff in the wrestling world.
Speaker 3: If you're a decent, well known wrestler like Vader was at the time, because he's playing himself.
Speaker 2: Did they make a good living? Yeah, I think they've always been pretty well played. Yeah, they've been well paid.
Speaker 5: But your body gets this doesn't have him in the trailer park.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's that's supposed to be a trailer Have you seen the wrestler? But but he's not in a trailer. I think in that likes he's not.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be in the w w F and like one of their key stars, right, didn't they are one of their key stars?
Speaker 4: Yeah they Yeah, Yeah, you're right that it doesn't actually track that if he is as big of it, as big of a character as he really was in the WWF, he would not need to be working mom.
Speaker 2: Right, she took him, She took him for all, she drove away, and he had to take that.
Speaker 4: Actually know that the best types of women are men, and so she was probably one of the other types, a nag or a hot bikini wearing one, or someone who a mom who abandons her family.
Speaker 5: Bands entire family. Okay.
Speaker 3: I was just wondering about that because I didn't know if this was one of those things where it's like, no, even some of the top wrestlers don't make that big make that much money, which which happens in a lot of places where you you think somebody makes a ton of money and then you find out what they actually make and it's like, oh, well you don't you really.
Speaker 4: I would say that they don't make as much money as they probably deserve, considering they ruined their they ruined their body and they're you.
Speaker 2: Know, the CTE stuff is very very real.
Speaker 4: But like if you think of like whole Cogan, like Hule Cogan was very wealthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's that's the exception that proves the rule though, right, it's like a lot of Yeah, it's like if you make it to the top ten of wrestlers, you're fine, but otherwise you're struggling in a sea of like wrestlers to stand out. And I think it's actually pretty rough. I mean I think it's it's like people people commit to it and don't make as much money because they believe in the sport and the entertainment. You know. It's like actors. It's like, yeah, how many out of work actor like your average actor, Like you know the SAG statistics of like how many people within SAG make more than twenty thousand dollars a year, it's like, oh, yeah, ten percent or something.
Speaker 5: Really, I don't think it's ten. I think it's like one or two.
Speaker 2: Really over twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: I thought like a living wage within SAG, like twenty living I don't know. I just know that like most people who call themselves actors don't make a living by.
Speaker 2: Justin out the cannect and it's the same, I think.
Speaker 1: But they do it because they love it, right, They so industry they love.
Speaker 2: Very similarly to actors. There are a lot of ups and downs.
Speaker 4: You may have a great year where you're a huge star and you're getting paid very well, but then the next person comes in, or there's a storyline changing and you're exactly and so. So you could have a great year, but it doesn't mean you're going to be set for life.
Speaker 2: So Vader has not had a good year, no two years.
Speaker 3: Because Leon he would tell us when he was there, he was broken by the time he was Oh yeah, I mean he was. The stuff he was doing in the ring was incredible because he would sit there and tell us my shoulders are.
Speaker 5: Gone, my knees are going back. He was frusted by that.
Speaker 4: I mean mc foley, you know too. So Sewn instructs Frankie to talk to his father about what he loves. Frankie asks, you mean my brother Herman, and my heart broke a little bit to hear him say that. Sean was actually talking about wrestling, and Corey says he'll help by coaching Frankie Junior for a first attempt at connecting with his father, so he encourages Frankie to point out that his dad is setting up the Vader Bomb his signature finisher, too slowly, and so as Vader is leaving the trailer and he tells him he has a wrestling notion, his dad says, bring it on, and he pair its Corey the Vader Bomb would be best achieved if and he quickly leans into Corey asking what the answer is quicker. His dad ponders this, admitting he knew something was wrong with the bomb. You keep those tips coming. I want to see you ring side at the fight. He squeezes his son's cheek, telling him he's a good boy.
Speaker 2: He's already got the love. He did.
Speaker 1: He did it episode over exactly what I thought there.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: I thought for sure he was gonna say you you were gonna tell me how.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to respond like.
Speaker 1: We're just make it a little more challenging, like, okay, I'll see if it works.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, I thought the SA same thing. I was like, well there, episode well there, well there going some notes handed to Frankie and then go to the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: You're fine, So a happy Frankie.
Speaker 4: Junior asks if he can hug Corey and Sean, and then they all go in for a group hug.
Speaker 2: I do really like this trio of friends. I'm true.
Speaker 4: I wish that was a way that Frankie could have been more involved in their friendship without it always needing to be a setup of well, let's only do this because we're both gonna benefit from it.
Speaker 2: I just like there being more of a we're friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, that's really interesting.
Speaker 3: You're right, it is always a tit for tat with their relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a Frankie, Well, in a weird way, Frankie is just because even the way it did get to me. You know, we've talked about how likes he's like this literal speaker, you know, like he says everything literally and poetically and describe, and I felt it too much in this episode, like he's living in his own universe, like as a character with his own language and is Yeah, and it's I think they just went a little too far, Like if they had relaxed that a little bit, let him be more of a human being, because like it wouldn't work right. I love this too, Like when we hug I was like, oh, I know, I kind of I think like we couldn't just be in the cafeteria hanging out with with Frankie because of the way he's very You're right, right. The actual dialogue itself is like so stylized.
Speaker 2: He's such a he's such a character, I guess is the point like he's just he's cranked up to.
Speaker 4: Ten and yeah, Well, it's funny you say that, because it's one of the things we mentioned sometimes in our Q and as it's one of the reasons I think Topanga had to change as a character too. If you look at some of that first season to Pega, her channeling and doing voices and on her head doing yoga.
Speaker 2: She's on a bit of an island.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you try to then bring that character in to mainstream day to day, and they're always going to have that one note.
Speaker 2: It's going to be hard to So.
Speaker 5: It is a difference between character and caricature, right, And.
Speaker 3: That's what that's what those were. They were kind of you know, caricatures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think maybe that's a problem with this episode in general, is that Frankie's too much of a caricature, Like it's yeah, it's if he was more allowed to be more of a character. I mean, he does that scene when he's dancing and smiling in the hallway coming up, I just I know.
Speaker 4: Then we're in the school hallway moment we talked about. Frankie Sachet's up to Corey and Sean adding a little dance move at the end. He's got a spring in his step and it's all thanks to the two of them. He's starting to win the love of his father, even though they only talk about wrestling. At least they're talking again. Sad commentary on parenting.
Speaker 1: I love his dancing like his It's so cute. It was so nice to see Ethan be able to like have some personality because this like monotone again, the caricature thing is actually a little oppressive, you know this is And.
Speaker 3: They double down with his little brother talking exactly the same way. But Leon doesn't speak like that at all, so you wonder where they both mom learned that Cadence must have been and taking the in a bikini in a bikini and.
Speaker 2: A leather jacket. Uh.
Speaker 4: Frankie says he'll see Corey and Sean tomorrow night, and Corey agrees. Sean tells Corey, you don't have tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 4: Corey frantically rushes over to Frankie. What's tomorrow night exactly? Frankie states, the most important night of my life.
Speaker 2: See then, Shawn Butt in what is what is it?
Speaker 4: Specifically? Frankie explains it's his father's fight against Shake the Snake. The winner is in line for a shot at the belt against Sean Michaels at Madison Square Garden. There's Blutman's knowledge again. Frankie Senior wants his son ringside for tips, and so he needs someone like Corey to be feeding him those tips. Corey explains that Frankie just needs someone like him, not exactly him, because see, it's to Pang his birthday party, which means nothing at all to her except everything in the world if you listen closely. He can't make it to the fight. Frankie looks to Sean, who admits he knows very little about wrestling, except when he's playing twister with the McClusky Triplets Klusky Triplets.
Speaker 1: Eh dt you elf tgf tf triplet.
Speaker 3: I will bet you that one of the caveats for doing this wrestling show was it had to stay on message for the ww F. So I'll bet it really was a title shot against Shawn Michaels for whoever won this fight, because they had to.
Speaker 5: They didn't make up this this.
Speaker 3: Wrestling match for boy mets World, so we wrote ourselves into their storyline post the other way around. So I'm guessing there really was a match between Vader and Sean.
Speaker 2: Because it was a real match. Yeah, I remember that, You're right, maybe out of the whole.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Frankie sulks, reciting a glum poem that states he's alone without a father. Corey finally gives in he'll be at the fight. Frankie says he knows. You want to know why I know, and Corey guesses, because I want everyone to love me. Frankie responds, I've noticed that.
Speaker 2: I know I do too. I love that we realize that he's a people pleaser.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Frankie responds, I've noticed that, but I was going to say it's because you have a good heart. As Frankie walks away, Sean states the obvious to Panga is going to kill you. Corey thinks he's underestimating to Panga, but Shawn doubles down. She wants you at that party. Women aren't forgiving about this kind of thing, true, Sean says.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a guy with boobs.
Speaker 4: The best kind of women. Sean says he'll bet a buck that she flips out. Corey confidently states it's your money, Leroy, and walks over to Tepanga, who's wearing an adorable sweater one I loved so much. I had wardrobe by a second one for me, and I wore it in my personal closet, and he casually tells her there might be a slight chance I won't be able to come. Tapanga immediately cuts him off and freaks out, I'll just die.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I said it's not important, but it means everything. I only turn sixteen once. You have to be there. We have to dance at the party together. My parents dance together at her sweet sixteen, and so we have to too.
Speaker 1: There we go, there, it is.
Speaker 2: There's the important.
Speaker 1: That's the whole steaks right there.
Speaker 3: But see, I guess, and I guess they need the stakes because you're now been in a relationship so long and they've done it so many different times that I was really waiting for Corey to be like, all right, look I will be there to dance with you, but I'm gonna have to pop in and out because but obviously it destroys the entire episode.
Speaker 5: But you I was waiting for that where it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, just tell her, But also what do we need this up?
Speaker 2: Like we could have just.
Speaker 1: Had her saying sweet sixteen be there. It's really important to me two scenes ago and then and then the end of this scene is how are we going to do it? But instead it's like we add all this extra mileage to like, yes, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: A weird, it's just a bummer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we could have gotten We know that the whole point is get to the wrestling, Get to the wrestling, and it feels like they took too long to get to it.
Speaker 2: Just get to it. Just get to it.
Speaker 4: That's what this whole episode is about. We could have had more of it if we had just gotten there a little bit faster. So Corey stares at her, Am I your boyfriend? She says yes, and he states, then I'll be there. She smiles and says she knows want to know why Corey's heard this before, because I have a good heart. She admits, I was going to say because you want everyone to love you. But yeah, because you have a good heart. She kisses Corey and he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a dollar bill, handing it to Sean who's behind him. And then we're at the Matthews house. Corey stomps in with Sean. Finally at the house, I know.
Speaker 2: I was like, where is everybody? Oh, we're all gone right.
Speaker 4: Corey wants to know why these things always happened to him and explains, these things happen to good guys. Corey ads, I'd better be real good to be in two places at once. Shawn assures him it will be done. He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a VHS tape explaining the need to be at two places at wance dates back thousands of years.
Speaker 5: HS, Baby, I love it.
Speaker 2: Corey asks, what's this?
Speaker 4: An instructional Deepak chopra Venus in mars By real Estate, no money down ad producer Juice Tiger kind of thing, which is every infomercial YEP of the nineties, and Sean.
Speaker 2: Corrects him it's the Flintstones.
Speaker 4: Sean does a little synopsis of the episode with a pointer while the cartoon plays. Fred has to be at Pebble's birthday party and the big bash at the Water Buffalo Lodge on the same night. Corey remembers being very nervous during this episode. Shawn agrees it was quite the dilemma for their prehistoric friend. Sean points to Fred Flintstone, nice guy, big feet, just like you. Cory points out, yeah, it's so cute. Corey points out Fred has a good best friend too. Sean nods, yep, he is Barney, Sean.
Speaker 2: This same worked for you, guys.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite scene in the whole show.
Speaker 1: This is the best written scene by far, Like this is the scene that makes the episode right. It's like this is I could just you know, our writers loved this, and like once you come up with something like this, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's just the staging.
Speaker 1: You can't We're pointing to an episode that can't see and on television the size of like you know, my butt, it's like so lame.
Speaker 2: It's just like, like it's a reference. I wanted it to be.
Speaker 1: Remember the Corey's Alternative Friends when Ben and I with the pointers, and you want it to be like look at this, I look at this, but you can't show Flintstones because you don't have the rights right, So we're talking about something we can't see. We're sitting down the whole time, so we're just like sucking all the energy.
Speaker 4: It would have been funny if Sean had had drawings and it's like on a big thing diagrammed anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watching the episode, but I have maps laid out and I'm doing big but we need the energy up.
Speaker 2: It's so just dead.
Speaker 1: I just everything died.
Speaker 3: I would rather have add the rest of the episode this energy, then bring this up to eleven, like the wrestling, because this was Corey and Sean back and forth.
Speaker 5: Big feet, just like you. He had a best friend and I'm here for blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I think the writing is top notch. I think I am horrible in this. You guys notice me not being able to get a coiner out of my pocket? Yes that I saw, Geez find another take, guys. I'm like, it's like so all of our energy, all of our focus, like the attire all of America is watching right or Strong struggle with the pointer in his pocket.
Speaker 2: It's like Jesus, get another take. Why was that? Okay? I know, yeah I did, I did notice that, of course, that's that part sucks.
Speaker 4: Sean goes frame by frame showing Corey exactly what he needs to do, a simple costume change, and Fred was able to fool everyone. Sean has calculated the distances between both places, and the Flintstone scenario is totally doable in Corey's case. Corey assumes Sean has a fallback plan, and Sean admits. Johnny quest but then you would need Haji in a hovercraft.
Speaker 2: Great line, perfectly delivered lines so well delivered.
Speaker 5: Yes, fast, and yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like swallowing. I don't know, I just didn't have energy this episode. You know I've talked about this is a vocal.
Speaker 1: Energy thing, Like I just have a tendency to swallow things or to play things down, and I felt it in this. It's like, oh, get the jokes.
Speaker 4: Maybe you maybe you wasted all your energy getting that pointer out of your pocket that could have been in so Sean. Sean emphasizes that Fred never spent more than seventy five seconds at either location, so they'll need to time everything out, Corey.
Speaker 1: Point of fatigue happens to everybody.
Speaker 2: It's happened no matter how.
Speaker 5: Much you reach in your pocket and play around. There's point of this point of.
Speaker 4: Corey points out that in a cartoon, time is compressed. Sean with a slight meta pause, As sure as Corey, it's the same thing. Corey explains, a television show can cover many days only one half hour program. Sean raderates, doubling down with an unseen week. Trust me, it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's great. Great.
Speaker 1: I think somewhere in here we missed a huh.
Speaker 2: He does?
Speaker 4: He does a great Corey, ha, add that to the little ticker counter or titeam whatever we're out there.
Speaker 2: Very meta.
Speaker 4: I love all of it. Sean reveals how Fred got caught trying to be two places at once. He was accidentally wearing his water buffalo helmet to Pebble's birthday party, and his wife then hit him on the head with a frying pan. Corey states, we can't let that happen, Barney. They shake hands. I'm here for you, Fred.
Speaker 2: Cute love little scene.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 4: I know you didn't like it, and to be fair, writer Jensen didn't love it either.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jensen. So you've got a partner there because you feel.
Speaker 1: The potential for it to be brilliant and it's the writing, it's all. It's it's it's all in the actual execution. I think the writing's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the wrestling match, this is the Kia Forum, Then it was the Great Western Forum in la is flipping between WWF.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought we were at the Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 5: No, that was definitely the Forum.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's the Forum.
Speaker 1: Huh, all my life.
Speaker 2: I thought I was at least the outside the Ducks.
Speaker 5: Okay, then they probably they just used the static.
Speaker 6: Footage us interesting, you want to it's because that shot of the Forum there's no writing of any kind, whereas the Anaheim Stadium probably has ducks and stuff all over it.
Speaker 1: So you're right, yeah, but Disney had bought the Mighty Ducks, so that's why we were in there, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jake the Snake Roberts is in the ring as the announcer Brother Love, a red faced reverend character played by w w F writer and producer Bruce Pritchard. He yells into the mic he is the best he is. Vader Vader enters the arena in a cloud of fog, wearing a singlet that says Vader time.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, did the audio strike you guys, it's just so weird. Well it's it's echoey, but it's also it sounds like you either dubbed a bunch of stuff or that because it's so loud in there that they might have had you ad r some stuff or they might have taken a track. And his announcer voice is super low. I thought the whole thing from here on, I was like, what is going on? And like, I just felt like it's audio.
Speaker 2: It's actual footage from WWF.
Speaker 1: Right, which I guess if you watch WWF, that audio makes sense. But like when he throws the chair into the ring and you don't hear it, I was like, what is going on exactly?
Speaker 2: And that's because that's real footage.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's so weird. Was the was the announcer? Could you hear the announcer when you were there? I have no recollection, okay, so I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Was the announce cannot right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Because I was wondering if the announcer is actually saying boy meets World things or if you recorded that later he.
Speaker 2: Could have been.
Speaker 4: But it's only for the broadcast. It's what's on it's what's on TV.
Speaker 2: You don't hear it.
Speaker 4: No live, you don't hear what that guy is saying. He's speaking into a mic that goes to the TV broadcast.
Speaker 1: Because I was wondering if he's announcing like and that's his son, then he's here with his son's friend, like people actually heard that, or if that was actually part of the ww A.
Speaker 2: It was actual chaos.
Speaker 1: It was just here chaos. No one knew what was happening. No one knew what was going on. We couldn't hear each other, we couldn't hear our crew. It was Michael Shay was like having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: It was it was.
Speaker 4: I could tell that it was chaos and that you guys didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: And do you know how I did? You know, maybe we all have the same thing. Do you know why? I know you guys had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 1: The moment when Ben and I get into the ring and we like, is that what we do?
Speaker 5: Yees do?
Speaker 4: Ben doesn't have no idea why we are there, and you know, he's literally just going, don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I got like an Egyptian, Yet I do the same thing. I go like, I do this weird like and it's so obvious that the two of us are panicking and thrown in front of thousands and thousands of people and are like, are we supposed to just be here in the ram?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Ben's dance is for me the dead giveaway?
Speaker 1: What's going on that I was in Okay, I obviously remembered being in a Jake this There was a snake python.
Speaker 2: I saw that too. I was like, wait, he's in the.
Speaker 1: Ring with Jake. I didn't I've heard of Jake the snake in in reality somewhere, but I didn't know. I met the guy, I met the snake.
Speaker 2: Of you almost wrestled him.
Speaker 1: Also, the snake was already out, and then later in the episode we talked about, oh the snake's coming out is that snake comes back?
Speaker 5: It comes back when he's gonna win Snake.
Speaker 1: He brings the snake on us right in the beginning, and it's like that.
Speaker 3: But that's he he starts the match that they put it away and then it's going to beat the guy. Then he brings the snake back out, I think, and lays it on the dude, right yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Brother Love also points out that he's accompanied by Corey Sean and Frankie Junior, who were acting as a special advisers for this matchup because if Vader is victorious, it puts them in line for a title shot. Vader throws a chair at the ring, barely missing the ref earl. No sound, Oh yeah, I know that, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Couldn't get over it.
Speaker 1: Sound is just made just ruin the rest of the episode for me, what did No? No, I don't because if you're used to wrestling, you're used to like this sound universe. But the transition from regular boy meets world sound to this was just so jarring.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get over it.
Speaker 1: It's like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the back and forth between the real footage and the yeah, and the cameras are also different, so it has a different even different look, different sound. So uh, the announcer continues, he is here to impress his son Frankie.
Speaker 2: He has something to prove tonight.
Speaker 4: Frankie, Sean, and Corey all enter the wrestling ring basking, and the jeers from real fans those are all none of those are background it.
Speaker 1: Although later they try and give us five like when Ben and I are running back, they're like holding their hands out to get high fives from us.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, oh yeah, well they'll do even if they don't hate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jake grabs a real python from his bag and walks toward the boys with it. They're fearful, leaving the ring and allowing Vader to enter. The fight begins. As they grapple, Sean points to his watch to Corey it's time to leave. Frankie asks where they're going going, and Corey stutters, they forgot to buy programs. Sean emphasizes, you can't tell the players apart without a program. Frankie looks into the ring and points at each wrestler. My father, not my father?
Speaker 2: How hard can this be? And no laugh? No, no laugh?
Speaker 1: Track that I have audio is so jarring to me. Yeah, but so all of the scenes with dialogue next to the ring, we had to shoot, yeah, ahead of time, And that's why you never see any of.
Speaker 2: The audience crowd exactly.
Speaker 1: You can always you know, it's like a super Yeah, it's a bummer.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, seventy five seconds.
Speaker 4: Anyone who's ever been to the Forum unless Tapanga's birthday party is at the Forum Club, which is then.
Speaker 2: Even if you'd have to be in row g to have the party there.
Speaker 3: To me, you're not even gonna make the Forum Club in seventy five seconds.
Speaker 4: You might get the Forum Club in seventy five cents seconds. I can I have it's a TV show the right cake. They have great cake in the Forum Club. Fine, if there's cake, I can get there in seventy five seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, writer, We'll relax and I'm the.
Speaker 5: Only one who relax and had fun.
Speaker 2: You guys are we and.
Speaker 1: Sean are running in a car with no wheels? We have to run, right, That would have been a great thing if we had just like showed up in.
Speaker 2: Like a rock wires.
Speaker 1: Yes, if we had like pulled up and ran and holding a car around us, that would your feet your feet smoking, And then we always there, We always do the sound, the sound.
Speaker 2: And then they came running in. We're smoking? That was where were you? If?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: You see you had been there that week? You miss having will around? Yes, So then we're at Topanga Sweets sixteen.
Speaker 4: It appears to be a cute little events base and there's lots of people there. Corey and Sean rush in, barely getting their suit jackets on in time. He walks up to Tapanga, who's in a bright red dress. There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere. I've been here for twenty minutes. I couldn't find you because of the size of this turnout, He says, he's running his mouth for too long, keeping her from mingling with the rest of her interesting guests. He pushes her to do a lap while Sean hides behind a tree. He's already hit his seventy five seconds.
Speaker 2: To mention Sean hiding. I know, why isn't Sean just there?
Speaker 1: He wasn't, but that was That was the thing that was really interesting is they never even allude to the fact that Sean was invited to the party. Well, no, never even like there's no allegation for him.
Speaker 2: Nothing there.
Speaker 4: I will say, for for as much of this episode as like, oh it's Tapanga Sweet sixteen, it is so not at all about Tapanga, there's not.
Speaker 2: It's like I have a very small part in it. It's not. It doesn't feel I don't know, but the.
Speaker 1: Easiest Sewan stays at the party. No, Sean has no need to be at the wrestling.
Speaker 2: So Sean's gonna with Penga with.
Speaker 1: Panga distracts her the whole night keeps, you know, and then yeah, or Sean goes to the wrestling match.
Speaker 2: With a walkie talkie, I think, come on the thing, and then you do.
Speaker 1: But they didn't exist.
Speaker 3: No, you do this thing where you're getting the wrong way, you're hearing the wrong thing, so you're saying the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: Your coach's still a bunch of stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, I think they missed a good opportunity to have Feenie at the Sweet sixteen watching all this stuff happen, would totally invited to her.
Speaker 4: Even better to Penga is a huge Vader fan, and he's in the audience with a Vader mask on.
Speaker 2: Oh God, after a salad day.
Speaker 4: You know, we know that that Vader Leslie is part of the PTA meetings. Yeah, so they could have known. They could know each other very well. He could have been there. I we Yeah, they gave every they paid everybody and gave everybody a week off, and they could have had some some people. Tepega mentions the dance that the two of them will have tonight, and though Cory agrees about the importance of it, he has Sean whisper yelling at him to yell to wrap it up. Corey starts to run away, and t Peg asks where he's going. Corey lies, your aunt Ruthie. She's over there, and for how long no one knows. He walks her over to Ruthie. In fact, no one knows how long any of us will be there. He runs over to Sean.
Speaker 2: That was crazy.
Speaker 4: Corey responds, I don't even know what I said. Sean pulls out their shirts and masks for the wrestling match and they sprint time.
Speaker 1: Here's how I know I'm old.
Speaker 2: I was like, Ruthie's not that old. I know the same Ruthie. I'm like, she's just like my age, maybe in fifties. Calm down, dude, And then we're.
Speaker 4: Back at the wrestling match. Jake the Snake is throwing some punches at Vader, knocking him onto the mat. Corey and Sean make it back to Frankie.
Speaker 2: Where have you been? Frankie asks.
Speaker 4: Corey starts to talk about Frankie's aunt Ruthie, before getting cut off by Sean. He's talking about the other place. Either way, Frankie needs some tips from Corey. Vader is strugg Corey advises to look out for the DDT and Frankie passes along the info. This allows his dad to successfully avoid a big attack, and then Sean taps his watch seventy five.
Speaker 2: They need to leave.
Speaker 4: Frankie again asks where they're going, and Corey can't think of a lie in time, telling Frankie the end before running off.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Now, Back at Ta Pega Sweet sixteen, Corey and shown Bolton's side, still wearing their wrestling masks. Corey's getting cocky, bragging about how easy this is. Sean is very clearly looking at Corey, who is still wearing his wrestling mask, but he completely disregards it at first, and then at the last last second he says, your mask.
Speaker 2: Whew. Corey walks over to Tapanga again.
Speaker 1: It's a classic rider. Could have I could have played that joke better. Really, Yes, I'm like, I don't know. It's like because I was waiting for the like does you know of course you're watching it going you notice that? Are you going to? And like I just barrel through it. I'm just like take off them.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's a joke. I don't know. I was like, come on, that's.
Speaker 4: Funny play it writer, time machine getting our moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Corey walks over to Tapanga again, saying where have you been? I've been back and forth across this room about twenty times looking for you. Tobanga worriedly points out that he's out of breath, and Corey explains he can breathe easy now that he's found her. To Banka apologizes and Corey says accepted, see you later. He tries to run off, but to Panga stops him. Where are you going? Corey says, nowhere.
Speaker 2: There's still the matter of that special dance that's so important to you me us.
Speaker 4: Topanga smiles. She's happy to hear this means something to Corey too. She walks off to go tell the DJ, who appears to be named Larry by the sign.
Speaker 1: And is by Larry Yeah, yeah, no, Larry.
Speaker 2: Ben has a lot.
Speaker 1: I wrote this note and I'm trying to Ben has this line where he says, huh do you guys know what.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about? Non?
Speaker 1: It was like one of the most rare. I was like, is this a reference to something?
Speaker 2: I wish I could pull up? The episod? So all right, well, where does he say?
Speaker 1: Puh in this scene, I don't know I wrote down puh question mark because I think he's like trying to distract you or something. He just says like, puh.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what is this a reference to? All right, well, if you guys didn't notice it, then you don't have it in your notes.
Speaker 4: Right now, so Sean, well, she's gone. Sean sees his chance. He points to Vader's wrestling match on a nearby TV. Jake is taking the snake out of the bag, which means Vader is history. Corey frantically agrees they can get there and back, but if they're not at the Sweet sixteen before the slow song starts, Corey's history, the boys run out just as Topanga walks from the DJ booth and the slow dance song starts. She searches for Corey as all the other guests couple up and start to dance, and they all look at her in absolute disgust, and one of the background actors says, Oh, my god, really like you look.
Speaker 1: It's like you look so sad and dejected just by yourself.
Speaker 5: Holding your own hands up your party.
Speaker 2: Is this a real song?
Speaker 1: Or did we write this song.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. It's a weird take on a happy bird song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after the day you're sixteen.
Speaker 10: You're wearing red and I look down and literally the background actor that's right over my right shoulder and camera left side goes, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, oh great. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, that's a that's an interesting shot, just to Panga by yourself, just abject.
Speaker 4: Horror, like oh no, by the way, these are all supposed to the friends of mine, and everyone.
Speaker 2: Just like, what good there? Sixteen.
Speaker 1: You also spent quite a bit of money on the party, if you notice you got the gold Shafari chairs, folding chair, and you went for Larry.
Speaker 5: Everybody does like if they go cheap, So that was impressive.
Speaker 1: And you got a TV that's playing the wrestling metage.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a big deal. Watch it was a short party, but a big deal.
Speaker 1: And you commissioned your own sweet sixteen song apparently.
Speaker 2: Ver Court. So we return to the wrestling match.
Speaker 4: Corey and Sewn run up to a now disgruntled Frankie Corey's Corey's tips aren't working. Vader is gonna lose the match, Corey assures him the match will turn around any second. Vader is pushed out of the ring over the top rope, landing on the floor near the boys. Frankie rushes up, asking if he's okay. Vader breathlessly tells his son, I've got nothing, boy. This is where the beatnut fighter looks in the crowd at the one person who can give him the inspiration to go on. He asks Frankie what he's got, and Frankie turns to Corey with the same question. Corey admits he's a lot of ideas. Frankie turns back to his father and admits he has no tips about pile drivers or scoop slams. All he has is the love of a son for his father. Frankie assures his dad that no matter the outcome of this match, Vader will always be a champion in his heart.
Speaker 2: Vader asks, would have been nice here? Yep?
Speaker 4: Vader asks if it would be okay if he won, and Frankie admits, my friends did come.
Speaker 2: All this way.
Speaker 4: Vader gets up and yells to his opponent, this one's for my son. He gets back into the ring and destroys Jake the Snake, finishing him off with a Vader bomb, which is a backwards belly flop off the ropes to win the match.
Speaker 2: Pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was hugely athletic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 4: So Frankie, Corey, and Sean rush into the ring, cheering for Vader and giving him a huge group hug. They all cheer an excitement, and Corey admits, this is like the greatest moment of my life. Sean looks at his watch and breaks the news, No, it's not. They run out of the ring, hoping to make it back to Ta Panga's party in time. But we're back at to pangas Sweet sixty back.
Speaker 1: If I remember, that's the moment that we did have to actually save those lines in front of the audience, Like we had to cheer the ring and then be in the ring to say no right yeah, And we had to do it twice and that was awful and it was it was then and I ran to the locker rooms like exiting, and then we get there and Michael Shade is screaming at us get back out there because we because the match had ended and we had already done the scene, but they needed another take because I hadn't gotten the right angle or something.
Speaker 2: So we had to keep going.
Speaker 1: But there was a real wrestling show going on, so the audience was waiting for whatever whoever was next up. There was multiple wrestlers, so they had to keep the cheering going as if the wrestling match had just ended. We ran back, got back into the ring, re enacted what we had just done to save these lines.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: It was awful and Ben and I were terrified.
Speaker 2: Oh it's the worst.
Speaker 4: So Corey runs back in to find Topanga sitting alone with no one left at the party. She nonchalantly asks, how's the fight going. Corey asks how she knew, and she points to the TV that's currently showing the replay of the three boys in the ring with Vader pumping their arms in victory. Corey tries making an excuse, and just.
Speaker 5: To make sense of the Yep, it's not love, but this sick. So you party is in full swing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy five seconds ago.
Speaker 5: And then it's and then it's empty. Everybody's left by this point.
Speaker 1: Well, and when you do a replay, you play replay of the people cheering, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what you reflect seventy five seconds ago.
Speaker 4: So Corey tries making an excuse, but Tepega yells over to the tree.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sean.
Speaker 4: He sheepishly responds behind the tree, I had a very nice time. Thank you for inviting me here, asks Cory. How could you do this to me? You knew how important this was. Corey says he's sorry he ruined her party and she'll never forgive him. I guess this is where I get hit on the head with the frying pan. Tapanga asks what he's talking about, and Sean mentions the Flintstones, and she knows the episode they're talking about, immediately prompting Corey to say, and you wonder why I love this girl?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: That's a real thing to me, because Sue and I do that all the time, where she'll say one thing and I'll be like, and I just fell in love with you, o guy. Like you know, she'll make a Star Wars reference or something. It's like boom, there you go again.
Speaker 4: Well we all know the best woman is a woman who's into man things.
Speaker 5: Hell, yes, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: Star Wars is not man things.
Speaker 1: You're watching it wrong. This is such a cheap. It's so like you like the things I like.
Speaker 2: Therefore, therefore I love you. Therefore you don't want.
Speaker 1: To you don't want to be with somebody who shares your interests ridiculous, of course, but I that's not why. I mean no, I feel that this is not.
Speaker 2: What you do.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh god, I just feel like it's such a cheat in a storytelling context to be like, this is why I like you, because like, this is why I like you.
Speaker 5: He just said, Oh god, this is you know, this is again, this is why.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons I love this woman is like she knew exactly the Flintstones episode he's talking about.
Speaker 1: But he didn't know the episode. Sean knew the episode.
Speaker 2: That's but again, that's what's so cool about it.
Speaker 1: It's like you get a mash reference or something from somebody you're hanging out with, somebody you love, and it's like, take for you, man, I'm telling you, oh god, not not going against shared interest.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting one for you.
Speaker 1: Shared I'm saying, like, that's not like exactly, I don't know, it's it to me. It's it's a cheat in this context to be like, here's why Corey and Tabang are good for each other because she likes the thing. I don't think they're saying that I think it's another layer of the relationship, which happens in relationships all the time, where you hear something and it's.
Speaker 5: Like, wow, you just made a lightsaber reference. That's incredible, Like it's just it's nice.
Speaker 1: It's just nice.
Speaker 5: That's why you hate it.
Speaker 2: This is why we can't have nice things. That's how they get you.
Speaker 5: Have nice things. That's how they get you.
Speaker 4: Tapega explains, I've been sitting here since everyone left, and I've been wrestling too, wrestling with how you could have possibly left me here alone. And I know you, and I know you have a good reason, So tell me your good reason. He tells her, I was helping Frankie get closer with his dad. They both look at the TV. Frankie and his dad are in the wrestling rings, celebrating together. Tapanga acknowledges it looks like he was successful. Corey emphasizes he would never hurt her. He apologizes for not being able to dance together in front of everyone, to Panga admits in front of everyone didn't matter. It was just a special dance and she wanted it to be with him. Shawn attempts of Barney impersonation, saying, Heyvrette if it's a special dance you want, Frankie does owe you a favor, and then we quickly cut back to a new empty wrestling arena. Corey and Tapega are standing in a spotlight in the middle of the ring, slow dancing to the Very on the Nose song about your sweet sixteen.
Speaker 5: You're also eighth grade slow dancing.
Speaker 1: Ie.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, the holding each other far apart and doing this kind of dancing.
Speaker 5: It's not like you've been together.
Speaker 1: For years dancing.
Speaker 4: We reveal Sean and Frankie sitting front row eating popcorn. Shawn comments poetry and ocean.
Speaker 2: Huh, Frankie. Frankie smiles. I see you have the first time Sean eat a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's been like since first season, and I'm awkwardly eating. I'm not good eating on camera, like totally covering my face and like.
Speaker 2: You think it was a good David Comb's impersonation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's good, but.
Speaker 2: It doesn't ever look like it's like you can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just I couldn't eat on camera.
Speaker 2: It's not not a skill. I learned the limits to your criticisms.
Speaker 4: I know no bounds you just there's not a thing you can find. You can find anything to criticize about yourself, even the way you eat on camera.
Speaker 2: Yes, gosh, it's so hard on yourself.
Speaker 4: So Sean says, those two in the row, Frankie says, those two in the ring, how many rounds you think they'll go. Sean smiles and responds, those two they're going to go the distance. And then we have our tag. We're in the wrestling area arena continuing. It's still empty, but now Vader is in the ring with his son. Vader pats Frankie on the shoulder. I accept the fact that you don't want to be a wrestler like your pappy. Frankie admits he's just happy to be there to watch his dad work out. Frankie Senior excitedly mentions he's got a shot at the belt now and he's been working on this new move. It's called the Vader Salt. Frankie Junior wants to see it, and his dad is more than happy to show him. Meanwhile, Corey and Penga are still dancing in the ring, and she tells him, when we dance close like this and you're holding me, I feel safe, like nothing could ever happen to me. Corey assures her he would never let anything happen to her. Just then he looks up and tells her to move one step to her left. They move just in time to dodge Vader's new Vader Salt a flip of sorts again off the ropes. Frankie cheers for his dad, and his dad happily pumps his fist to Pega and Corey continue dancing in the background like they didn't just witness a huge man backflipping towards their heads, almost dying.
Speaker 2: And that's our episode. Sam's onto the ground, I mean, like the backflip.
Speaker 5: Onto his own stomach, onto the My god, that's kind of hurt.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It is so athletic, I mean, yeah, but that's pain I can only imagine. So thank you for joining us for this episode recap. Our next episode will be season four, episode ten, Turkey Day. It originally aired November twenty second, nineteen ninety six. Yeah you remember it, Thanksgiving the.
Speaker 1: Show another Ethan Franky, Yeah, Frank's family.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I vaguely remember here.
Speaker 1: Two in theis remember Oh yes, that is it?
Speaker 2: Really? Oh man? Okays, yeah, okay, can't wait.
Speaker 4: Thank you all for joining us as always. You can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: And we have merch, will want you to get merch. Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 5: We love you all, pod dismissed. Podmets World is nheart podcast produce and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com