Speaker 1: Listen to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: Yo, breakfast club, God, damning the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: What that ass up on a breakfast club?
Speaker 2: Bad? It can't say breakfast club without these breathless.
Speaker 3: Club You're like this rare air.
Speaker 2: She got platforms and partners all over the place.
Speaker 4: Because your man is so high, people want to be in visits with the breakfast buck.
Speaker 2: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlemagne the god. You guys really are like the hip hop early morning, late night. You talk to y Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: What y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: Good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess Hilarious would be here in a minute.
Speaker 7: What up, CHARLAMAGNEA yeah, piece to the plane in this Thursday?
Speaker 2: Yes it's Thursday. Got what damn day it is? What's happening? What's going on? How y'all feeling?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm blooding black highly favorite here for another day to serve what's happening? That's right?
Speaker 7: Today is a very special day, well Diday, a special day. It's a leap day is February twenty ninth. Usually we don't get a thirty four years is February twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: Today is Jo Rules born day, birthday. What do you think fifty gonna send Jo Rule for his born day? Anything?
Speaker 7: Probably not, nothing, probably not. I don't think he's gonna send him any flowers. Flowers, no edible arrange, not gonna happen, the cake, nothing, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but today is Jazz Chilruth birthday. He's born on a leap yere that well, no, I don't count, because that's that actually shows you like a I don't want to say the concept of time, but they say it's the leap heer right. Lepia has only happened ever so often, Hello, Jessica, jes Lepia has only happened ever so often every four years, every four years. Well, he's still forty plus years, oh right, so he celebrate. He's usually celebrates on the twenty eighth, the twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Sepia this year, oh my gosh, birthday.
Speaker 2: And this is the first time, like I looked in my Daily affirmation books because I read the Daily Stoic every morning, and I looked into my affirmation book and I was like, I never even thought about them having the twenty nine in the affirmation books. But they do have February twenty ninth. They do, and both my affirmation books. Wow.
Speaker 3: So he's like literally like probably like eleven years old.
Speaker 2: Technically yeah, eleven or twelve years old. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: Body says otherwise. I'm sure his body says other wise. Body saying, no, stop it, come on, have breakfast yet.
Speaker 7: But they're saying, is how the earth orbits and the reason they have to have an extra year. If not, then we will be it would catch up where summer would but an extra day where someone would actually be in winter if they didn't do the leap year thing.
Speaker 2: Got it yesterday because I was kind of into it. They don't know what you're talking about. But you know you sposed to jump on the leap here. I don't know if y'all knew that. When midnight came, you supposed to.
Speaker 3: Just oh no, you read that in the affirmation.
Speaker 2: Books, that affirmation but you still have time. Just take a little hot to day, just do a little hot.
Speaker 3: It's oh, it's salary, because that's.
Speaker 2: Not that Haliburton's birth fair as well.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, well let's get the show cracking on the show today.
Speaker 2: We have money Long. She'll be joining us. Names on Money Long, hit records man Hours and Hours, that's right. And what's the other one?
Speaker 3: Twain have you been got made for me?
Speaker 2: Nobody know that that's the song?
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, yeah, she'll be joining us.
Speaker 2: I don't. That's why. I mean I know her records. I just don't know their names of them. Yeah, here's a lot of radio play though.
Speaker 7: Yes she does, she does, And we'll talk with her in a little bit. And then we got front page news. Teslim figure out we joining us. It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club with your ass up. Good morning morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is dj n V, Jess, Larry is, Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast club. Good morning everybody. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Tis, good morning, dj MV, Good Morning Ess hilarious, and Charlemagne God.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Now let's jump right to front page news. Start off with Trump.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so two major developments happened yesterday. I'm gonna merge both of the stories in so keep up with you guys. Now, this is in regards to Donald Trump being on the ballot. Yesterday, Illinois removed Trump from the ballot because of the insurrection ban. I want you to take a listen to that, and then I'm going to come back and give you some more information.
Speaker 11: Anyone voting early or by mail than Chicago can find former President Donald Trump's name on the Republican ballot. Yet Wednesday, a Cook County judge ordered his name removed across the state. Trump's campaign quickly responded, saying this is an unconstitutional ruling that we will quickly appeal.
Speaker 2: It's an absolutely meaningless decision. This issue is being decided right now by the United States Supreme Court.
Speaker 11: CBS two legal analyst RV. Miller points out, the highest court has two cases regarding the former president.
Speaker 12: We have.
Speaker 1: The two big cases right now are the Colorado case throwing him off the ballot because of the Fourteenth Amendment.
Speaker 13: And the question of whether or not he has presidential immunity.
Speaker 11: The US Supreme Court decided it will hear arguments on April twenty seconds as to whether Trump should be granted immunity from prosecution.
Speaker 10: So, just to RecA they're already early voting in Illinois, He's already on the ballot. Donald Trump's already on the ballot, so that means people are already voting for him. So when those numbers come in, we'll be able to see to give us a good idea to see, despite them, you know, saying he shouldn't be on the ballot and you shouldn't be voting for him, how many people will still vote for Trump as well? And so this is the first time this has happened in this way, So I think that was very interesting. And then to talk about what happened yesterday. Of course he'll appeal this to the Illinois Supreme Court. But speaking of appeals, the US Supreme Court decided, which is conservative by the way, six conservatives and three liberals, the most conservative Supreme Court we've had in ninety years. They decided they will hear Trump's appeal to decide if he is immune from his involvement in January sixth. And now by doing this, this delays the decision, delays the trial for the election interference case.
Speaker 14: Take a listen tonight the US Supreme Court deciding to weigh in on a critical issue that could make or break the Special Council's case against former President Trump to decide whether mister Trump must be shielded from prosecution by claiming presidential immunity for the acts he took leading up to January sixth. Those acts the basis for the criminal election interference case he's now facing in federal court. The move further delaying any trial in the case, likely for months, and if mister Trump wins, the charges would be dismissed. Arguments now set for the week of April twenty second. An appeals court had ruled against him, saying former President Trump has become citizen Trump with all of the defenses of any other criminal defendant. But mister Trump hoped the Supreme Court would put that on pause, saying he was being wrongly prosecuted for official acts that happened while he was still in office.
Speaker 2: I have a quick, quick question.
Speaker 7: With all that going on, we talk about Trump being removed off the ballot right and a couple of states he won't be.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court is going is officially they're all over Trump's side. They're not going to keep themalking me balid okay.
Speaker 7: Because I was going to say, even with that, aren't these democratic states that are doing it regardless or does it really matter because you usually Democratics would win those states and these are like electorial votes, It really doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: These states have never been a republican state regardless.
Speaker 15: Well, so there's two different questions here.
Speaker 10: So you're talking about if Democrats or Republicans win a state. That has to do, you know, with elections. And this is about on the judicial side. And this is why again Supreme court matter, even your state level Supreme court, it matters how many people you know on the Supreme Court that are liberal or conservative. It does make a difference. So to Charlott Magne's point that once they appeal at the state level and the Supreme Court at the state level says, hey, you know what, we think he should be off the ballot, which is what happened in this case, he can then go to the United States Supreme Court, which is, like Charlottage just mentioned, heavy conservative. It's six conservatives, so more than likely than not they'll say no, let's not take them off the ballot.
Speaker 15: So on the judicial side, he can still be on the ballot.
Speaker 10: Your question is should it really matter because Democrats get out the vote like they should, which has the majority of the population, not just on the popular side, but the electoral side, then he should win outright. And that is the question that we keep asking. Why are the polls showing what they're showing. Should there be concerned that you have a president with ninety one charges and literally own almost half a billion dollars and Democrats don't have a better showing? Is that what you're asking? Like, like, should it matter?
Speaker 12: Anyway?
Speaker 10: You're basically saying should it matter? He should be able to be elected whether he's on the battle or not. That's pretty much what you're saying, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I was saying. I just don't know why we keep backing like any of this stuff is normal. Man, Supreme Court is on Trump side. They're not gonna keep them off any ballots. They are absolutely gonna grant him immunity. Three of those justices he appointed, Clarence Thomas gonna fall in line. Lito is no different. And when that happens, I hope y'all know it's pretty much over. Like that whole dictatorship authoritarian rule thing we keep talking about. We well on our way to that.
Speaker 7: All right, Well that is front page news. Now what are we talking about next hour?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 15: You know, Donald Trump just keeps standing the news on front pace.
Speaker 10: We're going to talk about he did ask for his civil judgment to be reduced to one hundred million to just said no, he wants all four hundred and fifty four million. And also, Joe Biden had a physical yesterday and they did not test his mental fitness. They said they didn't need to test his mental fitness at all. Is well, So we'll be talking about that in seven class.
Speaker 2: This is insane. I just want you all to know that none of this is normal. He said, I'm good. You ain't got to test that. I'm good. Everything we're talking about it just insane.
Speaker 15: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Did somebody running for president with ninety one criminal charges, you know, two impeachments, four indictments, you know, Supreme Court on his side, and we got a president take.
Speaker 7: A physical physical to not do I never say what's your name? Somebody name is Batman. But I'm good. We don't worry about it, all right, Get it off your chest five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines of wide open again eight hundred five eight five one o five one, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: It's the breakfast, luvel Morning, the break this club. It is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Way up. Whether you're mad or blessed, it's time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five or eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this? Hey Nikki, good morning, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I don't I don't want to do the dead board, but I want to talk about this whole big back situation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, but people are get the set and I just want to kind of tell you why from Maine. I think the big issue is why would you do that big back to? What about it is big back?
Speaker 2: Listen? Honestly, man, it's just a it's like an old stereotypical thing. And it's like I heard it and that's just what I thought. It wasn't a big deal with that's it. I didn't know she was big. I just was like it sounded like big back behavior. That's it people.
Speaker 9: That's the thing though, See that's pretty She's coming in right because women with that of all sizes had been played, you know, women who have been cheated on by you know whoever have stayed with their you know she's partners.
Speaker 17: Is that that is true?
Speaker 2: But that is true. But I am a person that goes off my discernment. So when I heard the story, and that's what my instinct.
Speaker 10: But it wasn't really about her being cheated on. It was about her believing the lies, wanting to believe in something.
Speaker 2: So she said herself, she was desperate.
Speaker 9: Women who are achieved on beliefs lies. They believe that. Ohts at work. Oh she's just my friend. They believe lies as well. Is it the type of line or the life?
Speaker 2: I just think, I just think. I just think in this moment, I was right in my guestimation.
Speaker 3: Were you yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: But were you right in the whole judging of every big back?
Speaker 2: I wasn't judging all big backs. I just said it sounded like she had a big back, God bless her, And I was right.
Speaker 9: I still feel like you're not getting it, though, I still feel like I getting it, Like women with small backs would have fallen.
Speaker 6: To that as well.
Speaker 7: Sure, but I was talking about her that made it. I guess he saying he heard a voice, and just from a voice that she was having.
Speaker 2: A pay attention on the radio. I do that all the time, people calling, and I'll be like you from you from the Brons, aren't you? Are you from floord On't you?
Speaker 3: Most of the time?
Speaker 18: You're right?
Speaker 2: That's right, Like I do that all the time.
Speaker 3: But she's saying, as a like, as a whole big back community, as a whole backs get play, you cannot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all backs matter.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 9: I do not have a big bag. I'm just saying, but I have before something everyone what people don't like?
Speaker 2: You got to listen. You got you got a big fue head, don't you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying. I don't. I don't know how I know she had big forehead, Edergy. You just can feel. I just can see it. Listen. I have They call me Clara voyants avon. That's another one of my I have a lot of claravoyant abilities. I don't think. I don't know if y'all realize that or not.
Speaker 7: Big forehead, nik, you know, my god, how would how would I know?
Speaker 2: She got a big four y'all don't understand I have those. No, y'all don't understand.
Speaker 3: Now we have four hitphobia, like.
Speaker 2: Stop, please, I don't said she had a big foy head. Please don't write no articles saying that I'm fullhead. All right, please stop y'all.
Speaker 7: Please get it off your for I mean your chest eight hundred five eight five.
Speaker 2: If you need to vent it is up. Now is the breakfast club.
Speaker 19: Good morning, get it off your for the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hello? Hello?
Speaker 8: What's your name? Ye?
Speaker 2: Get off your chest? Man.
Speaker 17: So I'm find the Columbia Mediine and I left my passport. I didn't realize until I got to uh the gate to turn back around. I missed my flight. So I ended up getting stuck in Miami last night. And there's no fights going out this morning out of here. I'm stuck here until five.
Speaker 2: To him what you're going out there for?
Speaker 17: I go get tattoos out there, and then my crew shout out to adversity killers. We do come own stuff. We got a lifestyle brand that we promote down there, and then we got a podcast called Wildcast podcast that we shoot wherever we go travel to.
Speaker 8: And it's Charlemagne there.
Speaker 17: I'm right here, King, Hey, Charlamne. I met you last year at the Black ef Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: I was a veteran.
Speaker 17: You had to come back to the back. I don't know if you remember, but you're supposed to follow me. I'll followed you. I ain't never get that followed.
Speaker 2: Bro Oh for real? You coming this year? Yeah? You coming this year? April savage baby, you ain't addressed what he said though. Saturday, April twenty seventh second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, hosted by be dot in Pretty View. We got Willow and Gillley the King. We got Horrible Decisions, we got carefully Reckless with Jesson Larryus. We got Poor Mind Podcast deeply well with Debbie Brown, Black Tech, Green Money, we got the ball Alert Show. Tickets are on sale right now. Go to n Bright Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival. We'll get your tickets. Man. What was your question, sir?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm bringing the whole crew.
Speaker 8: It was a good time.
Speaker 17: I got to see you and Jeff got to see the horrible physical show, and we got to do some interviews all the way.
Speaker 2: Out there too.
Speaker 17: Yes, shut out to my Coup walk Out podcast.
Speaker 2: Give me an Instagram again, bro, just in case you forgot.
Speaker 17: Bearded Society two point oh.
Speaker 2: All right, luth Bearded Society two point oh baby, And you have fought out in Columbia. You know what Colombia is known for, right, the number one thing is known for.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, I was talking South Sadado. But yeah, okay too, this said number one is south today. Anyway, we'll have fought out.
Speaker 2: There be saved, Bro. I appreciate it, all right, man, get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need an event, you can hit us up.
Speaker 2: Now. We got just with the mess coming up. Yes we do. That means that she has nothing ready. No no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: I got stuff in my head, but I don't know what I want to report first, So surprise, surprise.
Speaker 3: When we come back.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it. All right, we'll get to that next. It don't move. It's to breakfast bug them on the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody. It's the j n V.
Speaker 7: Jess, Hilarie and Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the jes.
Speaker 2: With the message.
Speaker 20: Robert millwa Just Don't do is gonna bring numbers the Breakfast Club stock Kelsey Nicole is finally ready to speak her truth.
Speaker 3: She does another for people who don't know. This is Megane.
Speaker 10: Stallion's former best friend. She's doing a first interview with She's doing an interview with Oh the Dancer Project and it's it drops on Sunday. And what's so funny is so it's so dramatic. You'll listen to all the sounds like they're hyping this up.
Speaker 3: That's the trailer.
Speaker 21: Kelsey, Hello, prayers are That morning I woke up and I had said a prayer. There's something that's not for me, show me that. And that night it was like destruction, destruction, destruction. You know, you have to be prepared for what.
Speaker 15: You asked for it.
Speaker 22: There's a video and that's out there and the video shows this and it shows that.
Speaker 21: I'm positive there was a video. There had to have been one. How you're in La you're in Hollywood. When it comes to a point where alcohol takes over and you become a different person, it's time to let that go.
Speaker 15: Everybody's life.
Speaker 2: That night, chant you put echoes on something on the voices with the clock ticket and that people going to tune in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it starts off with one of the intros from one of Tory songs that he dropped on that album or whatever. But her fans are expecting the full version of what happened.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 10: She's been quiet for the last four years, and we just expected to say, I know, I'm gona watch, you gonna watch You're gonna watch it?
Speaker 2: No, reported, I'll let you break it down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have to watch it because this is the only reason I have to watch, you guys, because I have to come in here and have to get before report on it.
Speaker 2: I wondered. I mean, I don't know, but before that conversation like that, if you was her, would you talk to your lawyer, because of course, I'm I'm sure there's some things that she potentially could say that could incriminate herself.
Speaker 7: Maybe you know what I mean, Like that is not what happened with the dude that allegedly was in involvement with shooting Tupockey said some things.
Speaker 10: They got arrested for it right after it was cliss right. Yeah, that's that's why she had to be quiet for four years. I mean you yeah, limitation might not be up on that. I don't know, though, I don't know. I'm just saying I just don't see the point of having Well. I do know that she wanted to talk. I actually met her a couple of years ago, and I remember she came to one of my shows that I did in Houston, and she was telling me she was about to go on Love and Hip Hop. But apparently, you know, because we never saw her on there. Her lawyers might have got involved with that. Anybody else like you know something.
Speaker 2: I thought she was on it. I thought they just didn't start it.
Speaker 10: No, No, she wasn't on it. She she never got on there, but that's what she was. She was going to She was going to be on there, but she never made it on there.
Speaker 2: So and other news.
Speaker 10: Kinsley Murray sung the national anthem last night. She's eight years old and she sang the national anthem to open up the paces versus the Raptors game.
Speaker 2: Take a listen, say does that for the last out? Let's go, let's go, let's go, young lad. I'm not a lad. Let's go young lady.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I know that's right now.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 10: I don't know how father got to be rich I still do not something.
Speaker 2: But you said you said her name like we knew who she was, Kingsley Murray.
Speaker 10: I don't know if she's some some cute little white girl she was singing or whatever. She her little outfit was so cute. She had like a star spangled band of dress. She had like little like jewelry in her hair and make up, I mean not make up that she had to make up on her little high ponytail.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But whoever her parents are, they have to be rich. Something has to be going on.
Speaker 2: There was just for like a foundation or something because it's.
Speaker 10: I don't know, but it was a real game that she sung it. It was a real game. But I will say she still did better than Fergy. She still did better than Fergy.
Speaker 23: But god, Dad, I need that a long clock, that first note.
Speaker 2: That first note in the morning. Yes, yeah, we do. She definitely did better than than chickens grown y'all know who.
Speaker 10: I want to hear them saying if if we're talking kids, Aris Aris Harris, she could say yes, stellartle baby, and I think Kingslen Murray with some training and she's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be able to say she.
Speaker 3: Had some that but that one came from the gut that like.
Speaker 2: She yeah, hit that first person up. We listening to the same thing. I want that as a long clock man.
Speaker 15: That will definitely get to.
Speaker 2: Think about time for the story.
Speaker 3: But listen.
Speaker 10: Regrets about Wendy Williams documentary are now surfacing. Wendy's publicists Sean Za Nati shares her regrets for participating in a life document along with some other people. Mark Ford actually said it was supposed to be a documentary that would follow her journey back into her career during a podcast. We thought it was a great idea, and we were hopeful that Wendy's story would be redeemed or whatever to be great and and all that. But but I think what's going on is that people saying all the blacklash that they getting from online and the feedback from her actual fans and other people who are people who aren't even her fans, are actually like something's not right here, and they're like they're they're they're back pedaling on this, like oh no, no, no, we were tricked.
Speaker 18: Listen.
Speaker 3: Even the manager will He's.
Speaker 10: Like, no, no, no, like this, I didn't know that this was like this, And actually, Zanati shan Zinatti, the publicist told People, Uh, the People magazine. I would never let Wendy put her name and brand on the line like that. Ever, she's a icon. It's not the story that we signed up for. And I feeled lot to I was tricked. It's so difficult for me to even watch. Wendy should be mortified.
Speaker 7: No, you should be mortified. They interviewed you, Na, and you told them all, I don't think Wendy has a drinking problem. She can stop when she drinking. No, she allowed her to drink. We've seen it at the restaurant where she had two glasses and all the people saying, oh, well, you know, we didn't know she had dementia. We knew she had dementia. We would have we wouldn't have done it. Then, why didn't you stop? You didn't have to put it out.
Speaker 2: All of y'all are ridiculous. You all got eyes, you got ears. One conversation with Wendy, all right, one looking, one sight of Wendy should have let y'all know. She shouldn't have been on cams right time. Trash, the management of y'all, draft, the publicists, all of y'all drash were us.
Speaker 10: What I think is interesting is that the publicist even told people that she didn't even meet Wendy until they started filming, So that's actually alarming, that's really crazy, you know. And she said that she wasn't something about not making like a lot of money, she wasn't even really paying her like that. And Wendy's ex husband Kevin, criticized the documentary and accused Wendy's sister of stealing money. He also said they were only trying to get her there to satisfy an insurance claim so they could obviously replace losses and the money that they were stealing from five to fifteen million, And they wanted to control her sister, and they wanted control. Her sister was trying to get ultimate control herself.
Speaker 2: So y'all all exploited Wendy. I don't understand how anyone would have let Wendy be seen in this like the family, the management, the publicist, any lifetime, all of y'all are ridiculous. All of y'all saw. All of y'all saw what we saw last weekend, way before we saw it. Yes, So don't act like you know all of a sudden, y'all are coming to y'all senses. It's the backlash that y'all are receiving that got y'all moonwalking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 10: Put on the lighter side of this, which I find that I'm grateful for, is that her brother actually put out a statement that Wendy is doing substantially better than she has ever been, you know, since all of this has been going on. So I guess like between rehabs, you know, a wellness center or whatever, he actually put that out, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in okay. And the reason I don't believe any of that is because we would have seen her. Yeah, you think Wendy Williams would being quiet at a time like this.
Speaker 3: I mean, she still has to mention though, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying that she was doing substantially better. She'd say something, yeah, you know what I mean. Like, I don't believe any of that. And they said this was shot in April. They said last year in April. I think it's a publicist said that was the last time she seen Wendy.
Speaker 10: Yep, she hasn't spoken to her and she hasn't seen her since April twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is just with the message. Yes, it is all right.
Speaker 7: Now when we come back, we got front page news and then money Long will be joining us.
Speaker 2: They don't go anywhere. It's the bakfast clogal morning. You're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody, it's j envyes Selarry Charlamagne, the guy we are to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page news. What's up? What's going on?
Speaker 15: Dj MV just hilarious.
Speaker 7: Charlemagne to die right now, let's get right back into it. You were talking more Donald Trump, Yes.
Speaker 15: More Donald Trump. He keeps staying in the news.
Speaker 10: And here's the latest on him having to pay the four hundred and fifty million dollar civil fine judgment. He asked for it to be reduced to one hundred million to just sayd no, I need all of that.
Speaker 15: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 24: An appeals court judge in New York so that Donald Trump must post the entirety of this bonn four hundred and fifty four million dollars, including the interest on the judgment, in order to satisfy the judgment to stop the New York Attorney General's Office from trying to move forward to execute that. Now, this is a ruling from one judge. So it is temporary nature and there will be further briefings on this. But what the judge said is that Trump will have to come up with this money. He has about until essentially the end of March to do this.
Speaker 15: So let me kind of recap.
Speaker 10: So remember when he got the four undred and fifty million dollar judgment and folks are saying, oh, he could just appeal.
Speaker 15: He doesn't have to pay for it. That is this case.
Speaker 10: I know it's confusing because this fifty cases going on, but that is this case he asked to say. He said, you know, we can't afford His attorneys actually said they couldn't afford it, even though he said he's worth ten billion, So they said, can we reduce it to one hundred million? Just said no, you either have to pay four hundred and fifty million in cash or try to get a bond, and that bond would actually be five hundred and fifty million due to the fees, and the bond company wants one hundred and twenty percent of the judgment and they will only accept cash, not real estate. So the thing is that helped him though in this case is.
Speaker 15: The judge did pause.
Speaker 10: Remember he had a three year ban on getting any loans in New York, So the judge did pause that to allow Trump to get a loan to pay, you know, pay back this debt.
Speaker 15: So he has thirty days to do it.
Speaker 10: And then, don't forget the interest is piling up every day at one one hundred thousand dollars and the Egen Carroll judgment is also due at eighty three million dollars, so right now it's a little bit over six hundred million dollars.
Speaker 15: But again he said he's worth ten billions, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have the money, so what happens if he doesn't have What happens if he doesn't have the money? And because you said, they don't take real estate, so what happens if you just simply can't pay it?
Speaker 10: Well, the bond the bond company said they're not taking real estate. But attorney Leticia James can absolutely start seizing properties and we'll probably that's what she'll do once they get to this deadline.
Speaker 15: And he hasn't paid anything.
Speaker 2: Cash, but doesn't matter. But if the bond company that matters, all.
Speaker 15: Right, Yeah, an he could put up cash, go ahead, and what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, he don't what if he don't have the cash? Clearly it seems like you don't have it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, if you don't have the cash and he don't figure it out in some type of way, then Leticia James can go ahead and start seazing property and selling it.
Speaker 7: But if they seize the property and sell it, right, and then he appeals and then he wins the appeal, what happens to that that property?
Speaker 2: Does he get that money back?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: How does that work? Because he's well for the appill right or no.
Speaker 10: Right, he's well. Again, he has to have the money while he's appealing. They could care less about the appeal. You have to put the money up. You either put it up in cash or you get a bond. One of the two has none to do with the appeals. So I guess if I mean, we're doing a bunch of hypotheticals. But if he wins the appeal, then I guess you know they'll owe him and he'll they'll have to figure out a way to pay him back.
Speaker 15: I guess. But as a house stands.
Speaker 10: Right now, just because you appeal doesn't mean you don't have to pay this judgment, this judgment is due to judgement.
Speaker 2: If they don't take if they don't take real estate, what's the point of season in the real estate. If they don't take the bond, people don't take.
Speaker 10: The bomb company doesn't take real estate. But the State of New York will take real estate. That's the difference. So going to a bail bondsman and saying, hey, I need you to put up four hundred and fifty million dollars says okay, cool, it's gonna cost you five hundred and fifty you got to pay. We want our hundred twenty percent of it. We want our eighteen million dollar fee, and we want the bond amount, two different things. The State of New York can seize the property and sell it to get their money.
Speaker 2: Got you. So what happens if you can't cover any of these things? Like what happens? Like what happens if nothing gets paid for, nothing gets taken care of. But they're gonna take his real estate. He has the real estate. They gonna take that.
Speaker 15: He has the real estate. Which is why this is a problem in the beginning.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure some foreign country will cover with bill. Russia might take care They talking about that Russia will take care he got it all of a sudden, He'll get some big win for all of cast over the next thirty days and everybody will be wondering where it came from. And then it'll get it'll get tied back to Rush. That'll be signed by Putin.
Speaker 10: I'm sure, yes, Charlamagne, that's a real thing. Like people were talking about that as a real concern. They were saying, you know, this is a great time for a foreign country to step in and buy him. You know, people mentioned Saudi Arabia or other countries. Yeah, he might just get this money from somewhere else.
Speaker 2: And he's already in these people pockets. Russia are China gonna take care of it. But can they do that?
Speaker 7: But Trump's my god, help hm out. Could they do that because he's well, I mean.
Speaker 10: Well he's not at office right now, so it wouldn't be considered I mean it will be taking money from a foreign country, which is what they said that they don't like that. Joe Joe Biden did Hunter Biden. So pretty much everything's on the table and everybody can do whatever they want to do.
Speaker 2: That's click, all right, Well, thank you, Tiz, and make sure you follow at Teslin Figuro on all social media platforms at Teslin Figuro and subscribe to this great shot, no chase of podcasts on the black Back. iHeart radio podcast network.
Speaker 7: All right, and when we come back, money Along will be joining us.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 7: She has the hit record Hours and Hours and a new single. I don't know the name of it, but.
Speaker 2: I know is twin What have you been made for Me?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's the name of it. Thank you, Jess. We're gonna talk to money Long when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club Mooring.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ Envy Jess, hilarious, charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guests in the building. We have money Long welcome award.
Speaker 2: Winning Hey, that welcome. How you feeling.
Speaker 18: I'm really good. I'm super just grateful.
Speaker 1: Like you know, the first time I came, I was still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: It was early and uh, the money got longer.
Speaker 18: Heymen, never see that.
Speaker 1: It's just amazing to just like watch how God weaves the fabric, you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: I'm just you know, I'm grateful. I'm very happy. So your song made for you.
Speaker 10: That's like one of the biggest biggest tracks right now, did you think that you ever top I was and Hours?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: No, really no, I mean you know, at that moment that was the biggest thing that had ever happened to me. And so and it was just a moment culturally. I mean, I want to be careful how I talk about myself, because you know, I don't want to sound the Lulu. But at the time, it was just like, Yo, this girl just came out of nowhere during the fourth quarter, which is like a no, no, it's like Christmas music, you just don't do that. I was independent thirty four at the time, and black a woman, R and B music, all things that people are just like, no, no, no, we don't want it. And then the way that people just received the song, men, women, children, the church, they were singing in the church house. It was just like everywhere and so no, of course you don't think that you're gonna do that again. You know, same effect even bigger.
Speaker 2: How was it the church version of Hours and Out?
Speaker 18: I could praise you for out talk with you for Out.
Speaker 2: A couple of minutes. The secret all these hits you you be writing God, there you go.
Speaker 1: Even it's not a secret, it's just like I really I was scrolling through my posts the other day and reading my captions, and I'm like, wow, Like if you didn't know me, you would really be like this girl is tapped in and I am. But I you know, I'm not. That's I'm not trying.
Speaker 18: To put that on. That's just really what's in me.
Speaker 2: You know, how long did it take you to break into the game.
Speaker 7: For most for artists out there that's just trying to get in and it's taking a long time.
Speaker 2: How long did it take for you to get to where it was like.
Speaker 1: Wow, I really have a I mean, you know, to use your words. In my opinion, I'm still breaking you know, I'm I mean, lots of people have grammies that you never.
Speaker 18: Heard of, you know.
Speaker 2: Fact.
Speaker 1: So like for where I want to go, I still have a little bit a piece.
Speaker 18: Of mountain to climb. But I've been doing this.
Speaker 1: I've been wanting to do this since I was fourteen or fifteen years old, half my life, and then I started professionally when I was about nineteen. I was uploading videos on YouTube before that was like normal, when I was like sixteen, doing it for my bedroom and stuff like that. Once I got into the business in the game, it took me until about twenty one, twenty three to really start seeing some money.
Speaker 18: And then from there.
Speaker 1: Twenty three to about twenty eight twenty nine, I'm just in a studio cooking like writing for all these people. And then it took me another three or four years to just be like, Okay, I've been doing this for ten years now, it ain't really I feel like at the ceiling, what's next for me? And so these last three years I've been just focusing on myself. So all in all, you know, I'm not really too great with math, But I want to say about fifteen seventeen years it took me to get to this place.
Speaker 2: Did you ever want to quit?
Speaker 1: Or the fact that what I wanted to quit so many times and I would be in my closet screaming into a pillow, crying like why a bad.
Speaker 2: Writing for other people?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, the misconception with that is this a two year pipeline. So imagine going to work and you don't get a check for two years, and your co workers is nasty and they don't want to feed you, and you got to figure out, you know, like the actual reality of it is not glamorous at all. You know, I don't know if you guys saw a fellow songwriter, Tiffany Fresh, she was kind of talking about it online, just about writers artists who take publishing and like, there's all these things that happened to you as a writer that you know, that's what is paying your dues. And so eventually, you know, you either fatigue out and you'd be like, I can't do this, ain't for me, or you just keep going and you keep taking it on the chin, like I got kicked so many times and I just kept getting back up, like it's in to day.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 1: People used to be like she a little crazy, she owned something, Why did she keep coming back?
Speaker 18: Why is she so nice?
Speaker 1: And it was really just because I would hear this little voice in the back of my mind like but if you quit, tomorrow could be today, and next week it could be I don't know. I just felt this tugging, just this little tiny tug in my stomach, like girl, and then.
Speaker 10: Going quit and all of it would have been for nothing, you know what I'm saying. You would be looking back on a different story.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: You know, it wouldn't be made for you and hours for hours. I love the visual.
Speaker 10: By the way, you had my best friend Joelina Lewis in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love that video.
Speaker 18: She had sent me a video. It was very sweet.
Speaker 10: She was, She's very sweet. But I love that You was outside the window. I was like, you was looking star Rishi and he was looking like a lip was I said, what's what's going on? But I I loved the whole concept. So did you do you did your own treatment for that?
Speaker 1: The original treatment was very creepy. It was very much creepy, and everybody was like, yeah, we love that, you're so creative, but we can't do that because I had just seen like this headline about this chop shop in Arizona where they was taking bodies and it was cutting them up and like putting the arm from one body in the head from selling body parts and stuff. You know, we don't know if we can talk about that on there.
Speaker 18: But that's really that real stuff that be out here.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so it was that and I was like, oh, we could do like some Sweeney Todd like you know for you. Yeah, like I wanted it to be like around Halloween, like Tim Burton kind of stuff exactly. The original idea was like, my man, you know, he had a accident.
Speaker 18: He gone, you're not with us no more. And I'm like, well, you know.
Speaker 1: What, I'm about to go dig him up, and then I'm about to go take some other body parts and I'm gonna make me a Frankenstime and then we're gonna dance together. And then at the end and he gonna squeeze me so hard he don't know his own string, and he's gonna kill me.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then but you know the American story, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Write to you not to do that.
Speaker 1: Everybody they like sponsors, you know, they don't really want to endorse this kind of thing. He can't be committing any crimes and so, you know, grave digging is a crime. Yeah, And so then I reached out to my homeboys, you know.
Speaker 18: Uh, I reached.
Speaker 1: Out to the homie Trinidad James, and I was like, I really want to work with you on something. You know, he was doing a lot of stuff with Sexy Red, your your best friend, yeah, uh, sexy Red and uh who else Suki Hanna, Cali, you know a lot of the rapper girls, and I was like, well, what's up you're trying to you know, can you flip this treatment? And so him and his teammate Death Gray turned it into this stem black women in tech, you know, future of romance?
Speaker 18: Will we be dating.
Speaker 1: Robots and a few Sure, the way that the dating pool is set up right now, maybe you might have to make you I mean you know. And so that's the concept behind the video. And I think people were like a little creeped out there, like what did she kill him? And like make him into a robot? Like that's your interpretation, up to you to figure out.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: I love it what it ended up being.
Speaker 18: I loved him, Thank you?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 7: We got more with money Long when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilariy Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with money Long Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: I feel like it should be so much easier for ut nowday. We were just having a conversation for you walk in the room about how nowadays people only go off their feelings. They can listen to every word that can come out of your mouth. But all they're thinking about is how those things make you feel. And music gives you a feeling. So as long as music feels good, it feels like they should already have an instant connection with you anyway, Like, oh, that's the person that wrote that song, so she makes me feel good.
Speaker 18: I can agree with that.
Speaker 1: To it on a deeper level, I would say it's like frequency, yep. It's like when you put that intention into the song when you are recording, it resonates. Like you know, when somebody tells you you look so beautiful, like that hits you and it makes you smile, makes you feel good, or in as soon as somebody be like, what's this outfit doing?
Speaker 18: I don't like that? It's ugly.
Speaker 1: That hurts you know, Or when somebody says I love you versus I mean I can't stand you. Like it hits you differently, And that same thing is happening when you're recording and you can actually see the wavefile. It's the same thing, but it's just you know, music and whatever you're saying, So you have to put that intention into it of like what do I want this music to accomplish? How do I want it to leave people, How do I want it to resonate? After years of doing it, you start thinking about stuff like that, and I think with these, you know, the two songs you mentioned made for me in hours and hours, that is what people are feeling. They're feeling my intention of just love and harmony and kindness and connection. And I'm glad to be able to offer that because there's a whole lot of other stuff out here that's not doing that.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about everybody.
Speaker 10: My son sings that song, everybody even, Oh that's eleven right, And it was like it was really big and trendy on TikTok. How did it affect you when Universe or removed it from TikTok?
Speaker 3: Or did it even if?
Speaker 18: I just want to be clear.
Speaker 1: You know, music is obviously the soundtrack to everybody's life. A lot of people are becoming, you know, content creators themselves based off of the music that we have created and offered them. And it does hurt to not be able to do that for yourself, and you know, promote yourself using yourself and promote your own products, you know, promote yourself, promote your products, promote your music. It definitely hurts but I think that, you know, I just heard recently something that really changed my perspective on it is you don't ever want to be beholden to anyone, So I don't ever want, you know, to feel like without TikTok, I cannot move forward, you know. But it's a wonderful platform. I've met a whole lot of great people on there. Had two three actually viral songs. Though, like sometimes I be questioning like is this just my algorithm or is it really everywhere like that? Because literally, like it still shocks me. I'm scrolling through Instagram or I click on something on the explore page on Instagram, or I'm scrolling through TikTok and my song is playing, or like I'll watch a video and I even have the volume on and I'll tap it and then it'll be my music.
Speaker 3: That still is just like whoa where you get tired of listening to you?
Speaker 2: You did a country album years ago?
Speaker 7: Yeah, years ago, so you were early in now, so you know what Beyonce dealing with with trying to get songs played on the country stations or was it easier for you?
Speaker 18: Is she really dealing with it?
Speaker 1: And this is no shade I love Beyonce, love her down, but I will say, when you are in Nashville attempting to showcase yourself as a country artist, I mean there's this one guy, Tony Evans Junior.
Speaker 18: If you don't see him, you think.
Speaker 1: That is an old white man, like I mean, he is incredible, But then when you look at him, he's just like this really handsome, buff football player looking dude that plays guitar. Black Eye. It doesn't match what the traditional image is. And one thing that you realize is as soon as you walk in the door, their opinion of your music changes based on what they see. And so that's only something that you can experience physically and in person. And I think Beyonce has transcended that to where she has so much notoriety and power and talent, clear talent, that it's hard to hide behind the excuse that this is in country. Bless your heart, the lady is Beyonce, Like, you're gonna play it or you're not. And if you're not, there is a reason why you aren't. And it's very clear what that is.
Speaker 2: You number one on the country charts and she's number one in the country now overall, I think.
Speaker 1: That's incredible because there's never been a black woman to do that. Ever, there have been many that have tried my point. There have been artists. I started in twenty eighteen with Country and when I tell you, I was fatigued very quickly by the you know, you walk in the room and the forks clink and everybody's like, this is this brownie up here trying to you know? And I used to make jokes like anytime I would go to a new co writer is what they call it, or go to somebody's house, I would bring about a whiskey and if you know in Tennessee, that's the thing Tennessee whiskey, and I would make the joke.
Speaker 18: Just go ahead and get it out.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, yeah, I didn't want to be the only brown thing in your house, brown something in here, so I just brought you a little yet. But it is a well known fact if you go down there, it don't want you in there, and you know they can't hide that anymore. So I think what she's doing is incredible. Y'all move out the way I saw you tweet recently.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was joking, but you found out you were.
Speaker 1: Autistic Okay, so that's a little bit for context. I have dealt with like processing issues my entire life, and you know, as black and brown people, we don't always have the best access or even ability to understand that some of our limitations cannot be helped, Like you need to go and talk to somebody and see somebody about that. So just you know, coming across literature and connecting with people who also deal with a lot of the same issues that I've been having and understanding what they have put or the name that they have put on it or attached to it. It made me start doing my own research and being like, well, wait a minute, when this happens to me, this also happens and so there's a little bit of like adhd autism on this, like and then I have loopus as well. So just understanding that that is like a stress induced inflammation of the body. And maybe I am stressed out because I'm frustrated because I can't process certain things or like. And I also think there's a other added layer of because I'm so intelligent to other people and I write these songs that there and I look a certain way, they're like, ain't a way that you are because when you think about autism, you have a certain visual that you think about. But there are highly functioning autistic people and I want to be very careful about how I talk about it because it could be this is a sensitive topic to a lot of people who may not relate to me or resonate with what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: I'm still figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Also, late diagnosis is a lot more difficult to find practitioners who can sit with you and figure that out. Diagnosed, now, I have to find someone who can do that for me and test me because right now, because I have lupus and I've been dealing with that since twenty fourteen, anytime anything goes wrong with me, they just be like, it's lupus.
Speaker 18: They just give me steroids, you know.
Speaker 1: So I have to really like find holistic doctors and get to the root of the issue, because maybe it might not be autism, maybe it might be something else. But in that moment, tweeted my frustration and processing.
Speaker 18: You know, that's a great example of it.
Speaker 1: And I actually deleted Twitter off my phone after that because I'm just like, yeah, you know what, let me just figure out what this is before you start talking, like I know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking not good for your mental health. And I don't think people realize how much unhealed trauma is projected on Twitter and social media every day.
Speaker 18: Toxic opinions, undeveloped thoughts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we still got money. Long in the buildings, don't move. It's the breakfast Club, good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: DJ NVJ hilarious, charlamagnea god, and we're still kicking him with money.
Speaker 2: Long, Jess, how.
Speaker 3: Would you describe your love like now?
Speaker 10: Like you know, have to being married before early on twenty six, you know, how would you describe it right now?
Speaker 1: I would say I'm more into real like deep love on a three sixty Global Energetic.
Speaker 18: Like I heard a quote was.
Speaker 1: That on the way here, I was listening to Tony Robbins that you can't love when you really love yourself, you can't hate on nobody else. Like That's where I'm at, is like I can see the joy and beauty and love in everything, not just a romantic relationship. You know, I have a great relationship with my mother and father. These days, it's like, you know, I'm just I just just love, Like I just want to push that I feel we need it. We need it so badly. There's so much nasty stuff happening in the world right now. People have zero compassion. They just you know, devoid of empathy, and you know, they'll step on a dead body. It's like like, I mean, honestly, it's just like, why are you recording these mans?
Speaker 18: Man taking his last breath? You will record somebody dying.
Speaker 10: I remember, you'd be scared of a dead body, be scared to walk down the street and see why, or the thought of death makes you cringe, you know.
Speaker 3: Now people are filming people to it, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's it's actually scary. It's really scary. It's just like, man, what is happening in the world. So if I can offer some love, and you know, I call everybody baby, Hey, how you doing, baby, beautiful honey. You know, maybe that's just the Southern in me. I don't know, but I just want to give love, you know. That's what my love life is like. It's for the world.
Speaker 16: M hm.
Speaker 10: So you basically ain't telling me nothing about you being single with somebody or nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm ary she married.
Speaker 10: Also still to the same dude that you got. That's right, because I'm sitting here trying to look. We can go hours and I was about talking about this and I had to realize that you're still yeah, well that's nice because I also had another question. Right, I need to write it down because you know, I'll be stumbling over my words when stuff gets too long. But you have a line in your song where you mentioned the smell of your perfume, right, which has people thinking that the love interest is women. That's what they say. I ain't saying that's what I thought, but you know, that's what people think. So I have to ask you, especially how you spelled the song. I was, and I was a lot of people, yeah you know, but me, this is somebody else. Is that you're leaving a little easter egg that you could be into women romantically, but I prefer hot dogs.
Speaker 18: I don't like Bologney.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you so much, because now I can go back and tell him that they but you know, I, yeah, I don't like blone.
Speaker 2: Has the first name name.
Speaker 18: Oscar.
Speaker 3: You have a Bologny.
Speaker 2: See that you go back what he said trying to tell you something.
Speaker 3: That like, I can go back tell everybody.
Speaker 1: But also, you know, al de perfume that just means fragrance scent right, And I think people, if you understand, like me and my friends, we all are scent freaks. Like we go to the perfume shop. I mean it's a little spot.
Speaker 18: You go in there.
Speaker 1: It's like incense they got, like the perfumed oil, and you know, you take it out the wand and you put it in it lasts all day, like it be on your clothes three days later.
Speaker 18: So we love fragrance.
Speaker 1: Love And so if you shop perfume like we do, it's everything's unisex these days. But also if you are into the world of God, you understand that the Holy Spirit has a perfume, a sweet perfume.
Speaker 18: It talks about you know.
Speaker 1: And I just think people like are really one track minded these days. They want me to be a part of the Ray Road brigades me too bad.
Speaker 18: Like I love my girls. I love my girls, I love my people.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, it's like, baby, I don't I know what you got.
Speaker 2: I don't want none of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm just making his music and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 18: Let it be. I will say.
Speaker 1: One thing I don't do is use gingers in my songs. For the most part, I try to keep it ginger neutral like you. I it us we yea because it's more mess that's digest.
Speaker 2: When you're writing. It's not hard.
Speaker 3: She's a writer. I do this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I do Charlotte. Because you're talking about your husband and you say they no, no.
Speaker 1: You have to make it make sense. That suggests that I'm talking about non binary folks.
Speaker 18: Got But I.
Speaker 2: Definitely when you wanted to put him.
Speaker 1: Or her first person, you okay, you give me a superpower together.
Speaker 18: World could be hours. Sit me on the counter, you know, Jesus, you know what I'm saying. But no, y'all, I'm not at this point.
Speaker 1: I am not doesn't belong a part of the l g B t Q plus community. I love y'all down use my music for however you see fit.
Speaker 10: But I think that people just think because you're so creative and writers can be very strategic and leave little east.
Speaker 3: Eggs, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: So like, you know, your fans could probably just to like some of your fans could probably be looking a little bit.
Speaker 13: Oh no.
Speaker 1: It was this one girl on TikTok breaking it down. She talking about a woman.
Speaker 18: I'm very entertained.
Speaker 3: Okay, since you got the degreer, you know everything.
Speaker 18: What's a lot of rice?
Speaker 3: You got your degree.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 18: It's just like people will just be making up stuff and say anything. I love it though.
Speaker 1: That's the purpose of music is like it's a conversation starter, you know. If people want it to be a sapphic love song on it own that take it.
Speaker 18: I love that for me.
Speaker 2: I just never heard heard it referred to as blooney usually roast beef maybe fish.
Speaker 8: All right, money.
Speaker 2: Done, Money, Let's get into your single. You want you made for you?
Speaker 1: This is made for me? Buy money long coming up next money log.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you for joining us. Absolutely keep doing your thing, money lobs wraps on the grammy. Everything you are. You are doing what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 18: You on the way. I gotta come back when.
Speaker 2: I damn out never money. But because she said something earlier, where do you think you are in the game? Like what like level? So I was having a conversation this weekend just about like stars superstars, like where do you think you.
Speaker 18: I'm on the way.
Speaker 1: I think I'm on the way to definitely carving my own seats on lane because I'm doing something that a lot of people are not right now, and I think it'll be very easy for me to own a space.
Speaker 2: I definitely think you're on the forefront of this new renaissance of R and B that's happening, like you and says her Sma Walker Ari Lennox, like it's definitely a R and B renaissance that I feel is being led by by black women right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, we need some more guys. We gotta give me on.
Speaker 18: I love vision. Yeah, we need we need that next usher like Ocean just came back to he did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he has music on YouTube, like hell music on YouTube, So yeah, I gotta go check that out.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I feel like Khalid is more like in the pop Yeah I do.
Speaker 3: That's just my all right, maybe I need to reevaluate, but like that real.
Speaker 18: Like you know, like Joe to ce case that you know.
Speaker 2: People be seeing hard.
Speaker 10: They ain't trying to feel it no more then you remember you remember j Wine was like.
Speaker 18: We can't know.
Speaker 3: They're not need to be ugly singing.
Speaker 2: We need like we need the value of Bologney gotta be increasing. Okay, serious because because people don't value but they don't value bolooney in love like they do. Remember, everybody, there was a moment where it's like all of these dudes were singing like rappers, the way rappers talk about women. That's how a lot of the.
Speaker 18: Dudes also is women. You said that you put us onto that I was talking about behind her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, behind her?
Speaker 2: All right, maloney behind it sound like bussy.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club morning, everybody in stee j n V Jessel Richlae the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Salute money Long for joining us this morning. Luten money Long made her money. Launch said she makes more money off her songs. Radio. He publishers radio that she do screams. It's not even close. That's right, y'all better get back in the studios. Don't making some records? Read He made me feel good about my job. I was like, oh my god, now like being here. I just want to make a record. Bet you want to make a record.
Speaker 18: Yeah, what's up.
Speaker 2: Let's get suggestion to this.
Speaker 20: Robber Moore, just don't do is gonna bring numbers on the club.
Speaker 10: All right, let's keep it a stack. Mick Mill reacts to Diddy allegations. So earlier this week I reported low Rod, one of the former producers that was working with Diddy, and the court documents his lawsuit against Diddy.
Speaker 3: They started circulating.
Speaker 10: One of the allegations was that Diddy had sex with a Philadelphia rapper who dated Nicki Minaj. Immediately people identify the rapper as Meek Mill, and Meek Mill put his switter fingers back to work. We ain't seen him do this in a minute, but this this stuff got him steaming, y'all. He met also claim that the rumor was sparked to shift focus from his new music. And I didn't know that he had a new EP, but he was going off. And once he said, when I got a girl around me, I'm effing heard twice a day add some of your favorites. Vohina, don't control what.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 10: I can't say the word but you know no, no, but I can't say his word.
Speaker 2: No, he can't say that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, y'alled, All right, right, don't be scared, all right, but JOHNA don't control me. But it's like a high one love to the gay people, but that juicy vagina do it for me. And then ran red lights and First of all, meek damn, I done ran.
Speaker 15: Red lights to get that feeling.
Speaker 10: Y'all wear on here like devils l O L. And then he had another tweet, said, y'all see these rappers. Y'all see these rappers with gay styles. They want that look. Leave that to them. I come from that gangs to us surviving in the jungle.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of gays. Stop explaining yourself to people. Yeah, you don't have to convince you, he said.
Speaker 15: Now y'all want to see how bad.
Speaker 10: Now y'all want to see how bad they want to stop you when you drop independent music that's going to get played regardless and make millions. A whole campaign, the day a whole campaign, the day before I drive, I'd be crushing through the internet.
Speaker 18: It's too easy.
Speaker 3: And the last one too, it's too long for me to read.
Speaker 7: Basically, I feel bad for me, and the reason I feel bad for is we've never heard this about me or seen this energy about me. Yeah, Meak is a dope rapper, but I think sometimes meet fools are victim to I have to explain myself because they may be playing with my name. And the more he responds, the more they keep playing with his name.
Speaker 10: List is a hood brother, and it's just like you know, it's a lot of proving yourself.
Speaker 3: He has he has to done.
Speaker 10: I mean he had to do that of course since a young and in the streets, you know what I'm saying, So because that's where he started out. So a lot of that is like validation and you know, have this prove myself?
Speaker 3: And yeah, so I.
Speaker 7: Don't think anybody cares or even think about those allegations. I know some people joke and laugh, but the.
Speaker 2: Music, nobody cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining. As as far as the Internet is concerned, that is just good content to create means and get jokes off. But I just don't know why do humans feel so comfortable playing with other humans? Like you make an accusation like that in a lawsuit and nobody cares if it's true. The internet that's run with But also what does Mick have to do with what did he allegedly did to you? Yeah? That was another thing, like why is Meck's name even law? What did that have to do with what did he allegedly did to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 10: And other Diddler news Columbus Short accuses Diddy of trying to groom him and Columbus Short recently did an interview with Buss Talk one on one podcast and he had a couple of things to say about did he grooming him?
Speaker 4: So about two something thirty in the morning, two finteen, two thirty phone ringers and put it on heid Who is this?
Speaker 8: Shine Shine?
Speaker 2: It's puffed like? So I was like, what's good? I said, what's crying?
Speaker 4: He said, we didn't see we didn't see you the night at the BT Wars. He said, what what? What you what you're doing? I was like, oh, man, I'm at the crib. He said, I'm over here at the Beverly Hills Hotel. I said, oh for real? So who over there?
Speaker 8: Just me?
Speaker 2: But is that grooming or not just shooting the shot?
Speaker 7: That's just you shooting your shot is like from a young age, I said, you know, he just was like, what's up?
Speaker 2: Like shot a shot? And you don't want to ask who all over there? You know what I'm saying? And he told you? He said, did he love what they said? I ain't see you at the BT Wars?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: You know? You say all the names? I got to how many people over that.
Speaker 10: So he also had something to say about grooming in Hollywood period.
Speaker 22: It's sad that so many talented artists, more that I've ever spoke up, there's more quiet than they are talking to have to have these gifts and to you meet your people that you've looked up to, like all that are saying, there are You know, we can start with r Kelly. You know that that's a that's a that's a predator's device, and I'm gonna give you a shot.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna groom.
Speaker 22: I'm gonna take you under my wing right then to be put into compromises and situations and then become successful, it's almost like did you sell your soul? I never sold my soul, so the road was a little bit harder.
Speaker 3: I do understand that. I understand like there are.
Speaker 10: The part that stuck out to me is that he said, you know, it's a lot more quiet than I actually talking.
Speaker 3: And this is not even going to anybody.
Speaker 10: Specific, but it's so much of it in the industry, you know, you know, so not that doesn't even go to Diddy. I just thought that was interesting because that's true. You hear room is about that hit maker. Oh what what you guys say. Hit Maker says, did he try to suck sabotage his career?
Speaker 15: He he had some things to say.
Speaker 2: So but hit me. He like, Yo, I'm doing an R and B album. I need you. You know you the guy. You know it's gonna be London on the track. You and me, and I think that we should do everything together. Blah blah blah. I sent him a ten clip and he was like he hit me back, like, man, it feel like like I want I want that, I want that berg. I'm like, stop trying to be me, Like it sounds like you're trying to do what I do. So I didn't send him nothing, right. I was like, next thing I know, Then they reached out he had they deciphered my records and reached out to everybody that I collaborated with and dissected me from a situation. Next thing I know, I'm executive producing frich Montana album. Why this is all happening? Then Nick had an album. The intro of the album my tag was on it. He took my tag out of it, screamed that the intro did all the shit whatever, and I was like, damn, this is really diabolically I tell you one thing, man, you can't run from yourself, like you know what I'm saying. So when you see all of these people, you know speaking out right now, it's like, yo, your soul can't rest because people are looking for peace, and your peace will always be disturbed if you ever got taken advantage of in this industry, or if you ever had to compromise yourself to achieve anything thing in this industry. So whatever is going on in this industry and in this business will be exposed. But let me ask you a questions, charlam Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've been in this industry for a while, and and the other day you said, you know you were given Has anybody ever tried to highlight you?
Speaker 2: I know you're not talking. No, you just asked the question, but I know he not, just as I don't understand why he would ask with that energy doing what I know? What do you know? What do you know? Let's go nuke foruke, Let's go, let's go. Yeah, I'm gonna send mine, right, that's what you want to do. I don't know why you just randomly through that at me, just on this random Thursday. Crazy to me, I was crazy crazy for no reason this is crazy. I'm liking this, like what you're doing. But I tell, I tell, I tell Jess a lot of things. I have to protect my sister, yeah in this game.
Speaker 7: Okay, but yeah, all right, thank you Jess with the message.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Now who you're giving your donkey too? This gout here, I'm gonna let this new go keep it up. I'm gonna go change your Wikipedia right now. No, no, he be doing that. No no, no, he be doing that.
Speaker 3: I don't know be knowing some of the stuff he'll be knowing.
Speaker 2: I'm in a gardener. I've been selling grass. I've been doing because those types of weird stuff. We need a young man named Isaiah bar two to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a world with him this morning, all right, and then after that, of course, we have Jess fixed my mess. So if you haven't, yeah, I think I'm gonnake an announcement to after donkey to day. Just something real quick, okay, So pay attention, all.
Speaker 7: Right, And if you need relationship, if you have a relationship issues of problems, you can call Jess. You'll help you out with all your problems. Eight don' drink five eight five one oh five to one. Donkey to day is next?
Speaker 2: You're checking out the breakfast club donkey. Damn he it's time for donkey. I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 10: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 2: Wow? Donkey today? For Thursday, February twenty ninth, last day of Black History Month, goes to a twenty four year old man named Isaiah bar two. Isaiah is from Nebraska. Ladies and gentlemen in Nebraska. He might be just depends on your definition of ill. Okay, if by ill you mean mentally, yeah, that's probably true. See Isaiah was looking for a sweet licky. Y'all know what a sweet lick is, right, huh, all you toxic studs, calm down. I'm not talking about that kind of sweet liquor, all right, Okay, I'm talking about the kind of sweet lick that the Urban Dictionary defines. His easy money. Basically, if I wanted to rob you take something from you, it would be easy to do so. I guess Isaiah knowing he had a sweet lick, so I didn't use something sweet to get the lick off all the toxic SuDS out there like Uncle Sharlotte, What are you talking about? Why do you keep talking about sweets and licks? You're making us hungry and horny. I'm an aa shop. Well, let's go to ten eleven now News for the report. Police.
Speaker 12: A Lincoln man is in jail or accused of holding up a quick shop and taking money from the register. Police say Isaiah Bartwo walked into the store earlier this week and demanded money, and employee tells officers bar two had a Hostess cinnamon roll box over his hand, making them believe he was armed with a gun. Now, they gave him money and he took off. Investigators say bar Two was later found nearby with the handgun. I don't get him money and math. He's facing a number of charges, including for robbery and weapons violations.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. This is what I don't understand. If you actually had a handgun that police caught you with Lada after the robbery, why would you rob quick shop with a box of Hostess cinnamon ros? What is the reason you had a pistol, but you decided to use pastries. This man has a gun tatted on his right forearm. Why I don't know, because clearly it's just for show, because he chose cinnabuns over guns. Yeah. I like cinna buns over guns too, especially when I'm high off marijuana with the munchies, or when I'm at Charlston International Airport, but not when robbing a quick shot. Okay, we all play too much, all right. I don't understand why humans play with their own lives and the lives of others. You go in quick shop with a box of cinnamon rolls, not a person behind the counter is fan for their life because they think you got a gun. They might have a gun, and they might be faster on the draw. Next thing you know, you dead over a Danish How you gonna explain that in the afterlife? Okay? Sitting in hell over Hostess cinnamon Rolls eternal hell Fire for cinnamon swirls. The news report says the female clerk feared the container of Hostess cinnamon rolls contained a handgun, That's why she gave up the money. But no, it was just individually wrapped frosted pastries. Young lady, you did the right thing. Drop on the clues box of that young lady. This is social media where you have time to figure out if something is real or not. Quick shopping dying for you. Give that man a couple of dollars for his latest meth habit and move on.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether the blamness on the meth or the current society we live in. See. I understand drugs make you do something strange for a little bit of change, but we also just live in a strange society. It's a bizarre world where a man would absolutely leave his pistol at home but put his hostess in a gun hoster to go rob the quick shop, only to get caught and charged for his pistol later. Some don'ky today is just sell themselves. Please give Isaiah bartwo to sweet sounds of the Hamilton's. Oh No you are of the day, dogee all the day?
Speaker 4: Yee what?
Speaker 2: Just as.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you squeezing at bottle of water like that?
Speaker 2: That really gets to me. I don't know why.
Speaker 10: It's like why why you just won't just why do you have to squeeze the bottle of water like that, look at it.
Speaker 7: But he does that with everything like he's very rough, paused with everything. You see the way he puts lotion on his face. Oh, he beats his face up. You see where he puts chapstick on absolutely beats.
Speaker 2: I'm so judgmental in this room morning, to be so judgmental.
Speaker 10: No, we're not judging you. We want you to take better care of yourself and calm down, Calm down, strength, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I have a quick announcement. By the way, you know that I am a New York Times Give me some drum rolls or something ran you know I am a New York Times bestselling author, Right, yes, sir, national bestseller. Thank you to everyone who has purchased my first book, Black Privileged, Opportunity Comes to Those Who Created, which came out in twenty sixteen. Thank you to everyone who supporting my second book, Shook One Anxiety, Playing Tricks On Me that came out in twenty eighteen. And since then, I've launched my own book imprint with Simon and Schuster called Black Privileged Publisher, And I am proud to announce this morning that my third book, titled Get Honest, Our die Line, Why small Talk Sucks? I repeat. My third book titled Get Honest or Die Line, Why Small Talk Sucks, will be available May twenty first, twenty twenty four, okay, and it is available for pre order everywhere you buy books now. Okay, So whether it's Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, wherever you buy your books, you can go purchase pre order my third book right now, Get Honest or Die Line, Why Small Talk Sucks. Okay. The book is literally how I hate small talk on all levels. All right, don't just come up to me talking about nothing for the sake of talking. And it's how It's about how we make micros macros in this society and we spend so much time talking about small things that don't matter. So May twenty first, twenty twenty four, my third book, Get Honest Our Die Line, Why Small Talk Sucks, will be in bookstores everywhere, but it's available for pre order right now. There you go. Congratulations.
Speaker 10: Okay, So who thought of the title? It is so long? That's like, it's really get what is it?
Speaker 2: Let me show you how looks on the book.
Speaker 3: See that's just like the movie and you get die line.
Speaker 2: I grew up Jehovah's Witness, right, So I'm gonna carry my cousin d Yeah who she no London. So this is like my book of Bible stores that we grew up on, you see, like the yellow with the red funt yes, the ones that will ring the door bell on get on us to die line, Why small talk sucks? Okay, available for pre order right now everywhere you buy books.
Speaker 10: So that just really reminds me of like the movie I Know what you did last Summer, and then the party was like I still know what you did last summer, and then was.
Speaker 2: Like I still get please. That is so long.
Speaker 3: Because the titles so long.
Speaker 2: A line, Black privilege opportunity comes to those who created shook one anxiety, playing tricks on me, Get honest or die line, Why small talk sucks?
Speaker 3: Look, you can't even stay it fast because you you.
Speaker 2: I can't even saying I don't want to say it fast? Our die line? Why small talk? What's the one? What's the first one? Get honest? Tone? No, what's the first one? Black privilege opportunity comes to those criers?
Speaker 3: Exactly. It's so long, you gotta like really really get it.
Speaker 2: Down, gals. Bestseller go preord your book right now.
Speaker 10: Saying that I'm a New York bestseller. Everybody is you're gonna be saying that too. Surely that's my book is just gonna be called cole Brnson.
Speaker 2: It's not not not what it's just gonna be called, all right, not what it's just gonna be.
Speaker 7: Next is just fix my Mess. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need relationship advice and any type of advice called Jess. Now it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Go boarding the breakfast Club. That's about me.
Speaker 3: For relationship problems.
Speaker 2: AT's about me. If you need to beat your.
Speaker 10: Coworker's ass, at about me, for your coworker needs to beat your ass, call it up, doctor Jess.
Speaker 3: And I'm here to fix your mess.
Speaker 2: Fix your mess.
Speaker 15: He's getting very much.
Speaker 7: See let me fix this morning, everybody at CJ n V. Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for just fix my mess. And we have Anonymous on the line. Anonymous.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning, good morning, honey, what's up?
Speaker 13: And just first of all, congratulations on a baby, Thank you very welcome. So I'm going through a fresh breakup.
Speaker 5: It just happened sunday.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, and.
Speaker 13: It is it a fix your relationship.
Speaker 15: Six years?
Speaker 5: But yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay.
Speaker 13: But the mess that I'm needing your help with is we had a plan where one year he paid the bills in that same year, I say, and then we slipped. Well, we only made it through the one year, so I was the one contributing.
Speaker 8: To all the savings.
Speaker 13: My question is your opinion or is should I split the money with him as a breed Because the only reason I'm asking is because he with my house killed away and at this moment I don't have any access to my thing.
Speaker 10: Okay, So are you hearing yourself oh loud? Because no?
Speaker 13: No, well hello, only because I'm I'm pretty much a person of my word.
Speaker 5: But I was I'm.
Speaker 13: Not going to do it, but I guess I just needed someone.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, that's your confirmation. No, girl, that voice in the back of your head was right. No, absolutely not take your house kill away. And then you know, like you said, you're all together for six years. Let me run it back down to you. One year of what he gave, you can give him one percent of that of that savings. But no, girl, that is your money and you are entitled to it and you need it now.
Speaker 3: So that's just what it is.
Speaker 5: No move forward, Okay, all right, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: You, no problem, and share up. I know breakups can be very hard.
Speaker 2: Honey, good luck, mama.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 2: Jackson, Hey, hey, good morning. What's your question for Jess? Hey?
Speaker 9: How y'all doing relations? I'm happy to get through. But so boom. I'm dating this girl. We've been dating for over a year. She has a son, and we recently moved off. It was all recently moved together.
Speaker 26: But I think he's infatuated her, with her something. But it's weird, so like he only talks when she's home. He's thirteen, he's he's an adult.
Speaker 9: He's like, well, not an adult, but.
Speaker 3: He's old, like he's a teenager.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, he's a teenager. And like, for instance, the other day, me and her, we were hugging in the kitchen and I look up and I see him looking through the like the crack of the door, and like he was just staring, Like she couldn't see it because her back was turned, but I could see it. And it's like do I trust you?
Speaker 5: Can I trust you?
Speaker 9: Like can I go to sleep at night? Like it's just weird.
Speaker 10: Is there anything else that he does that gives off like a little weird energy that he may be infatuated with his mom?
Speaker 3: Like is there any thing else that can't just be that? Whatever?
Speaker 9: Well, he's it's like he wants her to hisself. He's manipula. He'll do little things to like make us argue, like he just wants her to hisself, like little stuff like that. And I'm trying, like I said, because I love her, I'm trying, but little stuff like that, like he just does, like he just does little stuff like he'll walk in, he won't speak to me. He'll look dead at he won't speak mind you, Like I'm paying these bills and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: He respect me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're okay. So where is his dad in his life?
Speaker 9: Kind of sort of like he in and out. It's not like he's just there.
Speaker 3: Have you talked to him about it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Have you talked to his mom?
Speaker 5: What the dad?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 15: Have you talked to the child the thirteen year old boy?
Speaker 9: Well, I started with the mom because that's where the route of the problem is, Like I told her she's an nabler because you're allowing certain things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but to her, she.
Speaker 9: Feels like he's still a kid. It's gonna take some getting used to. Uh, he's not used to like living with her with somebody else and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 9: So like he knocked like, for instance, we were having sex the other day. Sorry, guys knocks on the door. He comes and knocks on the door. To me, I think he was standing by the door listening, but hey, I don't know for sure. And I think that's why he knocked on the door and told her to come here. Like like he'll he'll tell her to come here, like he'll they text and stuff while like we're just like we're sitting in the living room. They'll text, he'll tell her to come here. She'll come, she'll jump and up like little stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Just still, I feel like, as a kid.
Speaker 9: You should be coming to your mom seeing like asking your mom whatever it is you want. And then I asked, like what is that he wanted?
Speaker 26: Nothing?
Speaker 17: Really?
Speaker 9: Uh asked me if he can eat something or something like that, like little stuff they could be asking in front of me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So listen, this is kind of good that you're saying this and you're only a year in. If this was like six years down the line, then that would be totally alarming.
Speaker 3: But it's only one year.
Speaker 10: I think you should voice how you feel again and let her know that this is very Uh, it's starting to become a roadblock for you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say a.
Speaker 10: Deal breaker, but it can slowly go from a roadblock to a deal breaker. And I just not that she has to choose you over her son. That's two different types of love, that's two different relationships, obviously, but you kind of have to put that into perspective for her, you understand, I understand. Giving him time to get used to it.
Speaker 3: Now, y'all been dating for a year, you've been living there for a year.
Speaker 9: We've been together for over a year. But we've been living together for four months.
Speaker 10: Give him, give him two more months, give him six months all together us.
Speaker 15: Yeah, First of.
Speaker 2: All, are you sure? Are you sure?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I'm not actually, because it ain't about am I sure?
Speaker 10: You live there? And let me tell you something. You have every right to feel how you feel. So you've been living there for four months, Listen if it's unbearable because I don't really know, you know, except just what you're telling me. But you're living that every day, and if it's that uncomfortable for you, your first thing should be.
Speaker 3: If you really really love her?
Speaker 10: All right, maybe we need to live apart a little while longer for this because I don't know. Still make it a point that her son is the problem. But that's why I we need to live apart. If nothing changes and she don't act like she don't really care to shan your dad or whatever, then the breakup needs, you know, you can start trying.
Speaker 9: To where the problem is. She doesn't really think that there is a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: Every time I come to her about it, she makes it seem like like she made a comment one day, you must be intimidated about my son by my son.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well listen, what.
Speaker 9: Can he do that I'm not doing? Like he ain't paying no bills. Yeah, I'm putting clothes on his back.
Speaker 10: So yeah, well, I think you should go in and lead that lead at Like Wiz said, you know what I'm saying, I'm sorry, I'm very sorry.
Speaker 2: Not don't ever ask me.
Speaker 3: Am I intimidated about, you know, by your thirteen year old son? And I'm your man.
Speaker 10: Excuse me, I'm paying bills, I'm acting as a father figure. And this little I mean this guy, this boy don't even respect me. And nah, you need to go in because it's not like a really, really great man. I don't know what else you be doing, but what you're telling me, yes, you can be certainly of a great blessing to another woman.
Speaker 3: So you go ahead and move on from that.
Speaker 9: All right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You heard earlier when he talked about the little boys knocking on the door, because he was probably listening, like he was in there putting it down or something. You know what I'm saying, Like, all right, sir, the way he threw that in there, and I think he was listening at all. She wasn't making no noise.
Speaker 15: First of all, I'm saying, he's going to come here.
Speaker 3: Right lafttime, y'all.
Speaker 2: Just fixed my mess.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one on five one call us now it's the breakfast leg the Morning.
Speaker 27: It's the real deal.
Speaker 2: Help me.
Speaker 3: I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it.
Speaker 2: Fixed it, fixed it, fixed it.
Speaker 15: Just gonna fix your mess because my advice.
Speaker 7: Is real morning everybody is EJ N V Jess hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club in the middle of j Just fix my method. We got Kenneth on theline. Kenneth, good morning.
Speaker 2: There are you doing?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Guys. Now we're saying, hey, you have a problem getting women.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm a thirty seven year old to go guys from Florida. I'm trying to figure out how to how to get what I'm looking for. Really anything open to it, but I just know for some reason, I han't a songwrite once. I'm looking for a question from that?
Speaker 2: Okay, where what do you do for one?
Speaker 3: I work in I Oh, okay, all right?
Speaker 10: So yeah, so they were called you a nerd basically, do you have a problem with that?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 3: Have you done speed dating?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I saw it pretty much son at all, and there's just nothing's really worked out yet.
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh man, dating apps know nothing. You don't do your friends at you're up on blind days? Do you have friends?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, yes, and yes, I've done dating opps as well. I mean I haven't really struck much of anything on their just the population on there is really not conduce to what I'm looking for.
Speaker 10: You know what you should do? And I am dead serious, Kenneth. I think you should sign up for Love is Blind. They are filming a new season.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, but I would think of love on the spectrum.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, he's an it guy and he's actually really not on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: Are you an idiot?
Speaker 5: I don't think I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but no, he don't need to sign up for that.
Speaker 2: What he looks like?
Speaker 3: What do you look like, Kenneth?
Speaker 5: Well, I have a good hairstyle going on.
Speaker 2: I like good body. Oh okay, what part of fluid.
Speaker 5: Are you in on the Tampa Bay Area?
Speaker 3: Tampa Bay Area. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Do you? What? What?
Speaker 3: What are the tendencies?
Speaker 10: What is not perfect about you? What is some one of some of your bad traits? Because I don't know, this is sounding a little too good.
Speaker 3: You said you got like.
Speaker 10: Good haircut going on, you got like a good body and all that.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I don't think I have any bad traits. I mean, I'm a good listener, I'm a good communicator. You know, pretty much have a lot of good traits.
Speaker 2: Going on.
Speaker 10: Well, I think that he should attend. I mean, I think he should sign up for Love is Blind? Do you watch that on Netflix?
Speaker 5: I have not heard of that, but I'm gonna start watching that.
Speaker 3: Please watch that.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you, Ken if you would be great thirty seven it guy, good haircut, good body. He's in the Florida area, Sir, you better go get you a woman now. The premise of the show is that the reason why they call it Love is Blind is because you cannot see the woman that you're talking to. You just have to make an emotional connection and the physical part comes after you propose to her.
Speaker 3: Do you think you're ready for something like that?
Speaker 5: I am yes.
Speaker 2: Can I ask your question, Kevin Kenneth, how much do you weigh?
Speaker 5: I'm about one.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not bad. What's your height?
Speaker 5: What's the heivey?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to hook up with him?
Speaker 9: Mabe?
Speaker 7: No, I'm not just trying to a little me. Now ask your question. So now let's just say you mean Jess at a bar? Right, how would you holler at Jess? Act like you're trying to holler so she could say maybe a game is whack and she can help you with your game the go ahead, can't go?
Speaker 5: Yes, jess All would like to get to know you better. I noticed you from the distance and I think that you're incredible. Let's shock.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Kenny.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he said Jesse. He said he noticed you from the distance. Okay, And he said he wants to get to know you. What do you think about his game?
Speaker 3: I don't know, he said, es.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't seem confident, ken.
Speaker 10: You have to pick up that confidence all right, now, try one more time, get like the confidence.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, Jeff, I noticed you and you look incredible. I want to get to know you and I want to take you on somewhere.
Speaker 2: What do you say? What do you say?
Speaker 3: Okay? I say we're out right now. Let's have a drink.
Speaker 5: Okay, what are you ordering to drink?
Speaker 2: What are you ordering to drink? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What can I get you?
Speaker 8: What are you drinking?
Speaker 2: Dame?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna drink a Long Island.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kenne, you know Tampa Tampa prostitutes offer discounts for first time I'm saying I'm reading it right now. The Tampa Prostitutes and Association has officially declared that all first time patrons will receive a this kund of fifty percent off the regular price.
Speaker 3: No, Love is Blind is the best way to go, Kenneth.
Speaker 18: That's how I felt.
Speaker 10: I felt like he would be great for that seven good bade going on. You know it's like you have no kids, right?
Speaker 3: No kids?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come on? Are you a virgin, Kenneth, Yeah, I'm not. I he's trying to help him.
Speaker 7: All these women always talking about the campfires. But Kenneth sounds like a good man. He has a good job, he says, he looks decent.
Speaker 2: Take your ass to Tampa. Yeah, no, I think we got a problem. You know, my assistant.
Speaker 10: It's okay, Kenneth. Good luck, Honey, Love is Blind. Start watching it. I'm telling you you would love. It's something that you should go for.
Speaker 5: That sounds great. Willing to put my social media out there if anyone wants to, Yes, please, Yeah, it can get me on.
Speaker 2: Uh you got.
Speaker 5: Instagram and Facebook Instagram KGW Underscore eight six nine to one, What is it? K d W Underscore eight six nine.
Speaker 3: One Underscore eight six I'm rooting for you.
Speaker 2: Can if manifest what you want, brother, I'm rooting for you. She's out there for you.
Speaker 10: Can't Ken Weaver Yes, yo, definitely go on. Love is blind. This is for you for sure.
Speaker 2: He's an Eagles fan. So are you from Philly?
Speaker 5: I'm on Jersey.
Speaker 10: Oh I know that's right, and you're right near me, but I'm pregnant. I'm sorry, Oh my god. Yes, definitely, I think you shouldn't have somebody out there for you can go for it.
Speaker 3: It is somebody out there.
Speaker 10: So you like the sauce that you like to dance, You're going to meet somebody before the year is out.
Speaker 5: Good LUs, That sounds a good planer. Thank you guys so much for sire.
Speaker 2: All Right, Kenneth, this should definitely check out level of the spectrum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's still listening. Guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's somebody out there for Kenneth Man. It's somebody out there for all of us, and he's not.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of single women up here, and Kennym has a good job. He seems like a good brother. He seems like he has his head to get.
Speaker 2: Actually, seemed too good for the women that's up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he takes his mom out a lot. That that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Luther kenof weaver Man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and ain't can cook damn wow. Oh yeah, he stayed. He go to Philly a lot.
Speaker 2: God damn it. I'm looking at that man, Paige. If he didn't look up for thirty seconds, yo, God damn no, that's crazy.
Speaker 10: Yo.
Speaker 2: I'm not Yo. You saw that looking at your phone too. But that man was going look leave. You're spouted to close the break. You ain't even closed the break. We got just with the mess coming up next. This man is fluffy you we got coming up and just with them. Oh Jesus Christ, I don't know. The breakfast club go boarding. That's crazy. The breakfast club, Let's jump right into it. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Let's get to Jess with the mess j.
Speaker 20: J robber mood just don't do is gonna bring numbers on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 10: The status Terry Crews went on Shay She Club Chase shak Okay. So he sat down. He was the most recent guest on there. He had some really good guests of that. I ain't here from Terry Crews in a long time. During the interview, he spoke on other actors opening up about being underpaid. He also spoke on Cat Williams. Before we get the Cat Williams. This is what he said about being underpaid.
Speaker 2: Do you have any hard stories in which you felt that you didn't get the proper compensation that you deserve.
Speaker 25: I have a that's a saying I have to say. You can't nod yes and mean no. If I nod yes, I looked at the terms. They said, Okay, you're gonna pay me four grand for two days. Okay. If I said okay, I can't come back later and be like, oh I only got four grand for that. I didn't get nothing for training day? How about that?
Speaker 2: But it changed my life forever.
Speaker 25: You didn't know who I was if it wasn't for no paying job. I got paid maybe four grand on Friday after next.
Speaker 2: But that's why I came up to the Cuban and said thank you, thank you. That was a start. That was the start. That's real Commo, Yeah it is.
Speaker 10: And it speaks to the situations like you know, you have your turns, howards and you know, you know like the Taraji be hints and stuff like they're saying, you know, like where this is unfair pay and all of that. This speaks to the opposite side of that, like sometimes you know you are you sign these contracts like you have to read them, like it has to follow in your representation. At one point it's to fall back on you for not reviewing it totally before you sign or whatever, and you move forward, and then later on you backtrack like, oh my god, I should I should have.
Speaker 3: That's not how this industry works.
Speaker 2: We've all been there with terry crews, and I understand you know, when you were young in the game and you don't know no better. But some of y'all be old as hell and none did about two or three days and still getting gotten but then complaining about the business, you and your dumb ass management team like lawyers.
Speaker 7: But like you said, you get a chance to see the contract. You know what you're working for. I know we've all done stuff that we didn't get paid a lot of money, but we knew that it could be big for our careers, it could be big for our journey.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm gonna be honest with you. I ain't never did that earlier. Actually, no wild out.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all got paid for a while another yeah yea, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that we did get paid for all now, but like you said, like a little bit amount of Oh no, yeah, I've never done anything that I didn't get paid for it. But yeah, just just like a small amount of money. And then it increased and increase and increasing increase, like because management changed and certain things changed, and it's like, no, this is what I'm worthing I'm bringing. Like you know, we're like the start, I'm a part of the stars of the show. So yeah, no, no, for sure, but I definitely agree with that.
Speaker 2: But you always get paid on what the show. I tell you that all the time. I worked with Dy for a year and a half for free. That's so moved up to South Carolina. But I mean they gave you, gave me a place to stay. But you're not shut up, man, let me alone. You want to bring up my train and stay with somebody. You gotta recognize not babies. That was a nice basic, it was a nice but but you gotta recognize the opportunity when there's not a paycheck attached. A lot of people don't do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And basically what he was saying about working with Cat Williams is like he said, Cat Williams was homeless, living in his trailer and all of that and then he they were.
Speaker 15: Just what you looking like that for let us.
Speaker 2: Thought about something. Crews ain't doing a damn thing in training day. He shouldn't have got paid diesels. He clapping from.
Speaker 10: Pleasure get paid crews and training No damn he was. That was his way of telling us, you know I was in training day. I was actually you missed it, but yeah, basically saying you know how sorry and Cat Williams and he and Kat Williams had to make theirselves memorable and they were indeed the most memorable.
Speaker 3: Too, from Friday after next. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So, and that didn't come with a lot of money, but sometimes it's about the opportunity and exposure what comes after. Moving on to j Low, she speaks on not getting enough love from her parents. She recently did a documentary about her life. The documentary is called The Greatest Love Story Never Told and it was released on prim And She gets into it.
Speaker 6: When I was growing up, I was always looking for somebody to make me feel loved. I felt very ignored by my dad because he was always working nights and then all day he would sleep, and I didn't feel like I had enough of a connection with him. My mom was narcissist, center of attention, you know, life of the party type person. I got very used to being around people like that. The combination of the two of those things set me on a course to be with those type of people. What I started to realize was, I'm comfortable with this, but I don't like this.
Speaker 10: Lord damn violence. Why did they have to put the violence back there? Like this wasn't already said? I did, like, why did you have to do that? I don't know if she told him do that or that, but I do, you know, feel sorry for that because there's a lot of people going through that. You know what I'm saying, So that you need the love of your parents, you know what I'm saying. That definitely depicts how you depict your life going forward, and it can definitely have an effect on how you love other people and play a big part.
Speaker 2: In your relationship father daughters. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it seems like j Lo, on the other hand, is trying to have like a renaissance era. She released an album, She's going on tours, she released a documentary which is like promoting her tour, you know, and stuff like that, and stand up Dealing, which is somebody who I watch on Instagram, y'all.
Speaker 3: He is hilarious.
Speaker 10: He wanted to go see j Lo on tour and he is one of her fans, but he has some issues with the ticket price.
Speaker 27: And this is what he said, Jamo Jennifer just looked at the ticket prices for your show four fifty.
Speaker 2: Did you mean that? Was that an accident? I need to have a session with your Lulu coach because you are.
Speaker 27: I think you need to go back and listen to your new album because then you'll be like, oh, I shouldn't be charging people this much.
Speaker 2: You need to have at least this many Grammys.
Speaker 27: You put up the one charge that that's one hundred dollars more than what I paid for Beyonce and she has this many Grammys.
Speaker 3: He put up.
Speaker 10: He did this, he signaled, saying like, basically, she has a lot of a lot of Grammys. But aside from the Grammys part of it, he is he is a JL fan and I just think this is like a true concern. Why are we saying for fifty to come see you?
Speaker 7: But you know, with a lot of these artists, they don't do ticket prices, so they go to a company Let's say like Live Nation. Live Nation gives them, you know, five hundred thousand the show, and then Live Nation does the prices to make their money back. So Jay lotles to sit there and be like, well, I'm going to charge you for fifty in charge.
Speaker 2: She doesn't do that.
Speaker 3: Oh really, so you don't have any say over which you tickets.
Speaker 7: Usually a company or promoter pays for the artists and handle it all.
Speaker 2: I just understand why this generation can't finish words so aggravating to me. The lulu is that hard to say? Delusional? Like the other day my daughter was like, oh, I got so many memes. What the hell is memes? What is it? But memories like movies? Okay, just confusing? Yes, say to say the words you said. You don't understand what the hell to you when you be listening. I know, but at least I pronounced my words. Even with the list I pronounced.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you can't understand still and you'd be saying.
Speaker 2: Whole word, but the whole word.
Speaker 3: You'll be saying the whole word.
Speaker 7: A whole word, right, and that is just what the that's that's the word people's choice mixes up. Next, we're gonna start off with joy rule. Of course, today is his birthday. He only has one birthday before.
Speaker 2: They gonna be okay, what you're doing that, But fifty gonna be okay you're doing it. You might not answer your calls. I don't know. I don't know. I'm saying that's your guy. I'm just saying, is he gonna be okay what you're doing that?
Speaker 3: Just play the record because j rool, I mean.
Speaker 10: That we couldn't even get into the UK and everybody saying they got fifty name all over fifty saying I ain't got nothing to do with that, not being able to get into the UK.
Speaker 2: Heavy born day roll, Oh my god. It's the Breakfast Club. I hate him, The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy, Jesse Larrischelamane the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's Black History Month for we doing.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, my guy Bett. You know every day during Black History Month he puts out an episode called I Didn't Know, an episode of I didn't Know Maybe you didn't neither on The Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network. Man, it's been a great season three from my man be dot so he's gonna tell you all about it.
Speaker 28: On this final episode of season threes.
Speaker 8: I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 28: I want to say, February, it feels.
Speaker 8: Like our family reunion.
Speaker 28: Annually we get together and celebrate our black family members from the past that have helped shape our current as we continue to shape the future. But did you know that family reunions traced back to slavery?
Speaker 8: Because I didn't.
Speaker 28: Family reunions can be traced back to the Emancipation Proclamation when former enslaved folks would look for family members they were separated from during slavery. You gotta remember slave marriages and family tas they weren't recognized by American law. Owners could sell husbands from wives, parents from children, brothers from sisters. The big slave holders had hell of a plantations and a lot of times they just moved in slaves black folks around, splitting up the families in the process. So after good Old Abe Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation and black folks.
Speaker 8: Were finally free. You can't see my air quotes, but free, the.
Speaker 28: First thing form enslaved black folks did was look for family to reunite. Family was the definition of freedom to black families.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that?
Speaker 8: I said? Family? Your wife, your children.
Speaker 28: Being able to love, own and touch your siblings and parents.
Speaker 8: That was the definition of freedom.
Speaker 28: Boy, we sure have strayed from their logicality. My point is, thank you cousins from your Carolina cousin for a phenomenal season three of I Didn't Know.
Speaker 8: Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 28: We share stories from massacre Mondays to Mansi Musa, from black businesses to burn Black orphanages. Thanks to Nissan, we were able to highlight current black trailblazers and steams science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics, while also making it fun with robotic dogs and drones that go into air or under us. See The next Black Effect Family Reunion is in Atlanta, Georgia, April twenty seven for the second Black Effect Podcast Festivals. We're pretty v so make sure you follow on my social media is b dot.
Speaker 8: TV on all platforms b.
Speaker 28: D ah t TV.
Speaker 7: Okay bye, no, I will salute to be dot.
Speaker 2: That's right. To make sure you mark your calendars for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening in Atlanta, Georgia on April twenty seventh. It will be hosted by b dot along with Pretty v. We got some amazing podcasts that gonna be hitting that stage, like Carefully Reckless with Jess Hilarious. We got Wallow and Gilly. We got the Poor Minds Podcast Drea and Lex. We got Horrible Decisions with Weezy and Mandy. We got the Baller Alert Show. We got Black Tech, Green Money with Will Lucas, and Deeply Well with Debbie Brown. So go get your tickets right now at event bright r. Go to Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival to get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty seven. Hey, yo, and I want to salute to my guy Mario van peebles Man. Tonight, Uh, they are doing a screening of Outlaw Posse. Outlaw Posse. Okay, Potsey said pose Outlaw Posse tonight, Okay, six thirty pm. Screening start time starts at six fifty pm. It is at Regal Union Square, eight fifty Broadway, New York, New York, one zero zero zero three. Okay you can already. You didn't have to get a zip cobro correct. I don't know, yo, crazy Zerra like the GPS. But go check him out to night Outlaw Posse doors open six thirty. Screening time starts at six fifty Regal Union Square, eight fifty Broadway, New York, New York.
Speaker 7: All right, and you know, also salute to Louis V. He's doing his birthday bowling party tonight. I'm gonna go out there Louis V and hang with the homie. Louis V's doing a bowling party him versus Ferrari Simmons. So I'm headed to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Happy boring day, my guy, hang out with Louis V. All Right, and Louis V is DJ and the second Annual BLACKPI Podcast Festival two April twenty seventh in Atlanta. We'll get you to it's now out event, right, what's the zip goe? All right? When we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club to Morning Morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ ENV, Jess, Larry Chola mean the God we are the Breakfast Club. Reminding you this weekend c I Double A is in Baltimore. Back in Baltimore Friday, I'm doing a day party and the Saturday, Jess is doing her birthday party.
Speaker 10: Okay, him y'all at the Baltimore Peninsulalet's make sure y'all show up from eight to twelve. Get your tickets. The link is and my bayo also to get tables. Referred to my caption, I can't wait to see y'all. I got three dresses made. Do you know people made dresses? I said this last week. I was like, y'all, I don't have nothing to wear. Somebody from here made me address and two designers from Baltimore med me ad.
Speaker 2: Dress when they not what because they all expect you to way their dress. I know I'll change.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna change my Yeah, I'm gonna change my clothes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely ever changes lest year.
Speaker 10: But the yeah, I know I did two off the changes. But the Baltimore Peninsula it's set up. It's so nice. I got my own bathroom. I got everything going on in there.
Speaker 18: So yeah.
Speaker 10: It's twenty four to fifty five House Street, y'all, and parking is available.
Speaker 3: Get y'all tickets.
Speaker 18: I see y'all.
Speaker 2: Saturday tickets cheap with your other j low.
Speaker 10: Please now mine we talk about and I can sing, I can say miw.
Speaker 2: Wow and Charlamagne. You just the toll the world that you got a new book come out, yes man, my third book. It's called Get Honest Are Die Line, Why Small Talk Sucks, will be available May twenty first, twenty twenty four, but it's available for pre order everywhere you buy books now.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: The book is literally about how I hate small talk on all levels. Don't just come up to me talking about nothing just for the sake of talking. And it's about how we make micros macros in this society. And we spend so much time talking about small things that don't matter. So this book is going to give us, you know, some bigger things to talk about, you know, some of my favorite subjects, like mental health of course, and you know politics and just you know, entertainment, just family life, being married. So yeah, Get Honest of Die Line, Why Small Talk Sucks available May twenty first, twenty twenty four, but it's available for reorder everywhere you buy books now, Amazon, Bonds and Nobles, all those good places. Thank you for the support. All right, got a positive note? I do? Uh, this is just about you know, I guess matching energies, right, you know, we always talk about matching energies, but we always want to match the negative energy that somebody you know puts out towards us. You got to match the good energy that people put out to you too. But if the feeling is mutual, right, always remember this. If the feeling is mutual, the effort will be equal. Sometimes we place too much effort in the wrong direction. You understand that.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that first of all because that's good.
Speaker 2: For your critique.
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't look over here, because this week you tried it. Yeah, you pull it up with me and then left me out There is always gonna be my effort, your friend.
Speaker 2: I don't know, okay, all right, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't trust people that back out on me.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I backed out on. I don't know the TV. I don't they playing.
Speaker 3: I don't know they might be playing.
Speaker 2: We're not going back there, shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't get a TV what so Yeah, we'll go this week like I know.
Speaker 2: No, we're not breakfast club pitches. You don't finish or y'all done.