Speaker 1: Oi, who is uckly? We don't have time, It doesn't matter. This is Clover from Brook and Jeffrey in a morning. You're about to listen to a podcast, and I hope it's still so because it's gonna self destructing three two one plug your iss.
Speaker 2: I thought the end of civilization as we know it was announced on this very show yesterday when we told our listeners that KFC is pushing their chips all the way in on a new menu item called Cheezza.
Speaker 3: I think it was elevated. I think that's what happened to civilization yesterday. Okay, get me to that Cheeza. Rhea, Jeffrey, you're the problem with the world.
Speaker 2: Fried chicken pizza where chicken is the dough. Uh huh Yeah, it's a real thing. Go look it up on our Insta stories at Brook and Jeffrey if you think you can stomach the images. That was yesterday's news. Now another fast food chain is making headlines and I don't like it. Uh like yesterday, it's not even for a food item that they're debuting. It's for a new strategy to quote boost profits. And of course at Wendy's, I love Wendy the CEO says they're going to be introducing new digital menu boards that display dynamic pricing that fluctuates throughout the day.
Speaker 3: Get out of here.
Speaker 2: The baconator will cost more during busy times at the luncheon dinner rush, but less at two pm.
Speaker 3: Dame Thomas would not stand for this.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, I know your personal friends with the.
Speaker 4: CEO kit, Dave back.
Speaker 3: Can we we could do that? But what about Wendy with their little pigtails? Can anyone stand up to this match?
Speaker 2: How is this fair?
Speaker 4: It's not, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's just sticking it to us. We're gonna have eat luncheon eleven o'clock at night. Now.
Speaker 5: People are gonna be leaving early from work just to go get food.
Speaker 2: The worst part, it's not gonna tell you on the app what the prices are. You won't know until you pull up to the drive through what the cost is. Okay, okay, and it could change right as you're ordering. Where you're alive? Sorry, sir, did you just order the baconator because it went up three dollars? Please pull up to the window. This is what the world has come to. The new menu boards are going to be out early next year for experimentation. And you know that I support experimentation, but this, this is too far.
Speaker 3: And you know once they start doing it, they're all gonna start doing I.
Speaker 2: Am heated right now.
Speaker 3: I need you.
Speaker 2: I need to cool down with a nice relaxing dose of shock therapy. Shock us ensue us Jake with some trivia questions.
Speaker 6: Right up?
Speaker 7: Did you know twelve years ago, on this very date, February twenty ninth, a momentous occasion happened when our own Alexis Fuller was a officially handed her drivers permit.
Speaker 5: Leap.
Speaker 7: At that point, the world had no idea what havoc was about to be raped on. But that wasn't the only big event happening that day. A famous rapper was celebrating his birthday while also being convicted of gun possession.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about Grammy nominated and well respected hip hop artist jaw Rule.
Speaker 3: Oh you see, jaw was born on Leap Day, February twenty ninth, nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 5: Why it makes sense the jaw Rule would be of course.
Speaker 7: That's why today, in honor of a Leap year and Brooks biggest celebrity crush, we're doing jaw Rule Trivia for a special round of plenty of twenty.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I call myself the jaw Queen.
Speaker 7: This is gonna work a little differently than normal plenty of twenty. Instead of naming off twenty things from a list, We're gonna go around the room and you'll say a number between one and twenty, and I'll read the corresponding jaw Rule trivia question for it. Oh okay, answer correctly. You're still in the game. If you miss, you're out. And just like jaw Rule would have wanted, no silver saves today.
Speaker 3: So on earth did you come up with twenty trivia questions?
Speaker 7: Please never underestimate me again, Brook.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: We'll start today with the host who has jaw Rule as her celebrity hall pass, Brooke Fox in the room with people. Don't know that jaw Rule is actually in the corner silently every time we were.
Speaker 2: That could be the least sexy pairing of all time. Brook and jow Brook give me.
Speaker 7: Number one through twenty.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a question, give me seven lucky seven seven.
Speaker 7: Jaw Rule admitted to selling crack at what age?
Speaker 2: I like?
Speaker 7: I like coming in start Brook?
Speaker 3: Okay, jaw You know, I feel like it's gonna be pretty young. Would before sixteen, but I feel like you start with lower drugs before you move to selling crack. So I'm gonna say fifteen years old.
Speaker 7: Brooks aid, fifteen. That is oct shocking. I'm sorry. Jaw Rule admitted to selling crack at fourteen. The game, all right, brook is out, Alexis. Alexis, give me number one through twenty and seven is off the board.
Speaker 3: Let's call me to top. Let's go twenty, number twenty, Okay, hang out would be the bottom.
Speaker 2: Boy the way jaw Rule does it countdown?
Speaker 7: Alexis, here's your question. Jaw Rule teamed up with the con artist Billy McFarland to co found what fraudulent luxury music festival.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go? I know this, this is to get fire.
Speaker 8: Fire Festival is corect.
Speaker 7: Alexis nailed that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna make it a second one.
Speaker 3: I think compared to selling crack, though that's a very light crime, he's still a crime.
Speaker 5: He's a hustler, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: All Right, Jose, it's your turn. Give me a number one through twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go number number one.
Speaker 7: Jose Josh says he was most starstruck when he met the three Mikes, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, and Mike Who, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: What other great Michaels, Michael Phelps, Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan. I think he's a little young Brook's husband, Michael Fox.
Speaker 3: It could be Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox's famous.
Speaker 5: What other famous Michaels are there?
Speaker 9: I want to be like, gonna go with Olympic athlete Michael Phelps.
Speaker 7: And drug user, and Jose went with Michael fell Helps. That is incorrect. I was looking for Mike Tyson. I hear it, all right, So Brooke and Jose are out. Jeffrey, you gotta get this right to stay in the Jaw World Tribune. Champ or Alexis is going to be the Jaw Queen of today.
Speaker 6: The real job.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not, jeff One, seven and twenty are off the board. Give me any other number in between.
Speaker 2: Lucky number, seventeen, seventeen.
Speaker 7: Your favorite number, and no one else else.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey Jaw's nickname came from the Goofy film character in Star Wars Episode one, Phantom Menace.
Speaker 2: Name it go with Yoda Yoda incorrect.
Speaker 7: His nickname is friends. If you're friends with them, you can call him jaw jab Bank.
Speaker 10: That means Alexis wins.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 7: Plenty of twenty jaw Rules Birthday edition.
Speaker 5: No, No, what happened? Jo will hear this?
Speaker 3: He's not doing much Texas Rule?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love you. If you needed proof the world is ending. Alexis just won jaw Rule Trivia. What a world? And whoever gets shock is going to sing limited up by jaw Rule. Who's going to be Alexis.
Speaker 3: Dudebody living it up? We say what what?
Speaker 7: I don't believe we have two flawless jaw Rule impersonators on the show.
Speaker 2: The show has officially peaked with jaw Rule Trivia. That's all downhill the rest of the way.
Speaker 11: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: When you were an angsty team and you just sat in your room after your parents punished you angrily listening to this song this huh oh Yeah, I feel like you make my way downtown After curfew, a lot of us were thinking of different ways to get back at them, you know, like maybe you went on a mini Dino nugget hunger.
Speaker 3: Strike lasted all of an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was hard while it lasted. Wow, very hard or impact the family barbecue. You purposely kissed your cousin in front of them. That was normal for you.
Speaker 3: Bru It's people.
Speaker 2: They were excited when that happened, Brooks. Or maybe you went to your parents and you told them that you're adopted, that I'll teach him. But one of our listeners admits he took things a little far back when he was in high school and never expected his mom would have to deal with his revenge plot for years and years to come. It happened in the funniest way possible. But you're gonna hear it in a brain new mass speaker coming up.
Speaker 6: Your concession, I can't take back arms.
Speaker 2: Speak. We got a text seventy five nine two that says, just had the most cringe moment on my life. I saw a girl carrying a hamster, so I walked over and asked, Hey, can I pet him? She looked confused, opened her hand more, and that's when I realized it was a blueberry muffin. Yeah, okay, but still, look, you better have pet that muffin.
Speaker 3: I see kings that aren't really there all the time, too.
Speaker 9: I think that's just your bad vision. Now, there don't feel ashamed about the low moments of your life. Be proud of those embarrassing life choices that make you you. And you should come on our show and tout those mistakes anonymously right here on the mass speaker, like today's caller Will, who chose to go by the name of Roger.
Speaker 2: So, Roger, welcome to the show. Hello, what's up, Roger?
Speaker 3: How are you feeling.
Speaker 6: I'm nervous, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Okay. Those are two good things. Sometimes the same emotion, you know, just how you interpret it, you know. Okay, So I tell my kids.
Speaker 2: Now that the therapy session is over, the voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker, Roger. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 6: Okay. So, back in high school when I was going through classic rebellious phase, I couldn't be told anything. I wasn't I didn't listen to anyone I knew every.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, isn't it crazy. The older you get, the more you realize how dumb you are.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't have that. That's weird.
Speaker 3: You don't explains a lot of life choices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds fun for you.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 2: You're going through your rebellious teenage phase.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so I of course hated when my parents tried to guide me or disciplinary thing like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hated it.
Speaker 3: Far you're a teenager.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that lingers. Like my dad will asks me to do one thing and I'm like, I.
Speaker 5: Know, Dad, when I want to.
Speaker 2: THENKS stays with you. Yeah, yeah, everybody goes do that.
Speaker 6: Sure. So at one semester my grades kind of took a plunge, and needless to say, my parents got very mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm probably concerned, you know, like, what the heck is going on?
Speaker 6: Dude, Well, they took away my Nintendo.
Speaker 3: Blame the video games, right, and.
Speaker 6: Just put yourself in the mind of like a sixteen seventy year old boy that Nintendo was everything. Yeah, still a month without it, it was infuriating.
Speaker 2: Jose does the same thing. If he doesn't get to play his video game for a week, he loses it.
Speaker 3: He literally brings his console when we travel together.
Speaker 10: And now the producers get me to work, they're like, if you're not funny in the phone, yeah, take it away place one week.
Speaker 2: It's a powerful punishment, it really is for a kid.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing you did something back at them to get back.
Speaker 6: I in my dumb teenage brain did something. So I was putting an extra time at the library to get the grades back up. That's good and I don't know why. But in the back of the textbook I was using, I wrote my own mother's phone number and tagged it with for a good time.
Speaker 2: It is kind of funny, but you're not thinking.
Speaker 3: It's pretty and it's pretty innocent.
Speaker 2: You wrote that in a school textbook.
Speaker 6: Yeah, school textbook that was not mine. It belonged to the library.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's really funny.
Speaker 2: It was kind of fun. Sometimes you check out a book from the library and you'd open it and there would be a bunch of drum I mean out of all like the ways to get back at your mom that.
Speaker 5: Number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did she get any calls?
Speaker 6: Well, this is the thing is I kept doing it, Oh like forty books.
Speaker 3: Oh they're going to pull that back to you, you know, like find you for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so drumb, so childish. However, for like years she was getting phone calls. One time someone sent her a picture of his belly button.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 2: How did your mom feel getting all of those calls? Was she like angry or was she kind of flattered that she was getting so much interest.
Speaker 3: She's like, that's an inn, not an AUDI.
Speaker 2: Still got it. Well, that's a big question, but I am interested in how did your mom react?
Speaker 6: She was slow to catch on, but after, like I said, years, she had to change her number.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 2: And you've never ever confessed to her what really happened.
Speaker 6: I can't, it's too deep.
Speaker 3: Now, you've gone too long with a lie.
Speaker 2: I wonder if some of those phone numbers are still in the books at that school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if some of your friends are the ones that called your mom, not realizing it was your mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now I feel terrible looking backward.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why. I think it's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Still.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm going to go do that at the library today and write Brooks number.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'd love to get a nice phone.
Speaker 7: Yeahs, looking forward to doing it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Roger, Actually, thanks for the idea. That was a great confession.
Speaker 3: I read my own phone number on the back.
Speaker 2: Text in seven eighty five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Got your phone tap coming up right after.
Speaker 11: This, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Problems can be solved with a simple phone call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably true.
Speaker 2: Do you have a leaky sink, you call a plumber. Okay, you got a fallen tree, you call.
Speaker 3: The arrest falling tree.
Speaker 2: But sometimes you gotta get creative with it. And that's exactly what happens today when Brooke reaches out to a guy to tell him about some of the creative fixes that have been installed at the retirement home where his grandma lives. Hopefully he remains calm and sees the bigger picture in your phone tap right now another.
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 3: Is this Tim?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: This is Tim Tim.
Speaker 3: This is barbed Wire from the Horizons Retirement Center.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 12: I'm doing well?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Thank you. I'm just calling about your grandma, Evelyn. She's one of the residents here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, she is is everything?
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh she's fine. She is so darling. She's got the best little dimples and the way she works that crochet needle. You didn't even tell she's got arthritis, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're lucky. You're lucky.
Speaker 12: So sorry, is there a reason you're calling me.
Speaker 14: Oh shoot, yes, I do have you know, a little bit of a I wouldn't call it a problem, but we've been upgrading some things around our facilities and it's caused some minor issues, you know.
Speaker 12: Okay, what kind of issues?
Speaker 3: Well, in the northeast corner by the cafeteria, we can start there. We just we had a bit of a mouse problem, you know, a little usequeak.
Speaker 12: Wait, wait, wait, sorry, are you telling me that there was a rodent problem where my grandma eats? You know?
Speaker 3: Keyword there was was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we fixed it.
Speaker 3: We brought it an expert and man, they came up with a great idea.
Speaker 12: Okay, go on, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They said, what really scares away rats? Snakes?
Speaker 12: You put snake in the retirement home?
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, we just ordered five lifelike black mambas off Amazon. Very realistic, but not the real thing.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: We kind of like put him around the dining room under some of the chairs.
Speaker 4: By the pudding.
Speaker 12: Did you tell the residents that you were doing this?
Speaker 4: You know, I wish I.
Speaker 3: Would have talked to you before, because that is one thing we forgot. What kind of slipped my mind.
Speaker 12: Is my grandma Okay, Oh, your grandma's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just that some of the other residents that didn't have their readers with them didn't realize that they weren't.
Speaker 2: Real Are you serious?
Speaker 3: There was a little commotion. I did hear a couple of I'm gonna die screams.
Speaker 6: But I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't understand how you're so cavalier about this. This is not funny, you know, Tim, I work in.
Speaker 3: A job were you just have to stay positive a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people at the end.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't want to get pulled down with them, but.
Speaker 12: Somebody over there has. You have to appreciate that this is an objectively bad idea. I mean, these people, some of them have, you know, dementia, and if they encounter something like that.
Speaker 3: But do you know what, Tim, I'm going to interrupt you, because you know what, they don't have what They don't have a rat problem anymore. And you have me to thank for that.
Speaker 12: Okay, I appreciate that there's no more rodents, but I.
Speaker 3: Get that you may be bothered by the whole black mamba rat thing.
Speaker 4: But really that was.
Speaker 3: Very minor compared to what was going on at the gazebo.
Speaker 12: There was another incident, well the outside.
Speaker 3: One where they like to read. There's a lot of birds that gather and it just costs money to clean and maintain all those bird dropping. So we had that same expert look at that problem.
Speaker 12: Are you sure this was an expert? Where did you hire this guy?
Speaker 3: I can't reveal all my sources Griggs list. Yeah, have another great recommendation. We purchased seven lifelike Arabian killing wolves on Amazon.
Speaker 12: Are you there are wolves that are called killing wolves?
Speaker 3: Don't worry? This time we learned our lesson. We actually told the residents about.
Speaker 12: This, and again, how did the residents react?
Speaker 3: Well, we said you will see wolves out by the gazebo, and you know what, now they don't want to go out there.
Speaker 12: Why did you tell them they were wolves? Why didn't you say that they were fake wolves?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Fake?
Speaker 12: Why do you think this is funny?
Speaker 4: You should work here?
Speaker 2: It's okay?
Speaker 3: No about that?
Speaker 12: Who's your boss? Where do I go and file a complaint?
Speaker 3: This is this is I'm the owner and the director. That's why I was able to spend the extra money to get the wolves with the glowing eyeballs so that you can really see them in the bushes or this nepotism.
Speaker 12: It sounds like you're horribly disqualified for this job.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm going to ignore that. Here's the thing. We really wanted to get these residents on board with the wolves, so we just went ahead and brought him into their rooms.
Speaker 6: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 12: That is horrible.
Speaker 3: Your grandma's best friends with one name Charlie.
Speaker 7: Okay, you should call her once.
Speaker 3: In a while.
Speaker 12: I did, well, I thought I did, but I never heard anything about this.
Speaker 2: When was this?
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 3: About the same time when your sister contacted us to do a break phone call on you. Wait Corey, right, your sister Corey.
Speaker 12: Sorry, what happened?
Speaker 3: She emailed the show. Because this is Brook from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, we're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 12: Wait, wait, okay, is my grandma? Wait a minute?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, bread deep breath, Oh my, we're actually scared by a couple of fake Arabian killing wolves.
Speaker 12: I mean, the killing definitely got to me.
Speaker 3: I don't Senior said her petting zoo to me.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, wake up.
Speaker 11: Every morning was funk tap weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Not sure if you remember this, but a few months ago, Yeah, Brook Fox tried her hardest to stop true love from blossoming between two listeners on this show.
Speaker 3: My god, I just know that that's not true. I just know it.
Speaker 2: Like a female Jaafar, she fought to prevent their happily ever after tried to lock them in the cave of wonders.
Speaker 4: Brook.
Speaker 3: Honestly, his look was very underrated, but he did have a good look, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, Brook Jafar. Luckily, they rose above and wouldn't let one naysay or stomp out their flames. That's why today, against all odds, their back once again to fill us in on what happened for a special second date update update.
Speaker 3: Don't even try to put me back in that lamp, Jack, don't even try.
Speaker 2: We're doing it. Right after this second date update, we got an email that was kind of vague from a guy named Adam who says he went on a Sunday patio date. It lasted a little over an hour, they did not leave at the same time, and she ran out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not a good sign.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not sure what that all means. That's all I know, but it leads me to conclude that he probably flashed her at the end of the meal and that's what caused her to run.
Speaker 3: I was thinking she had food poisoning.
Speaker 2: Well, I only say that because that's what happened to me.
Speaker 3: Three times someone flashed you know.
Speaker 2: I sorry, I mean I did that to other people three times and they ran out. How you are arrested yet? No, I'm very fast, so, Adam, Am I close with my guests there.
Speaker 13: No, that is the right answer, Adam.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're direct with that, Adam, Well, do you tell me the story?
Speaker 2: Then, let's start at the beginning. What's this girl's name.
Speaker 13: Her name's Jessica.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys met on a dating app. I'm just assuming, yes me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what else do you assume?
Speaker 3: Brooke, I don't know that it was his idea to go on a patty date by Pattio. I'm guessing you mean like at a restaurant, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, we met at a restaurant. It was a Sunday. It was like close to noon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, on the Lord's Day.
Speaker 13: No, we didn't do brunch. We did beer and pizza.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh, that's early early, right, Yeah, that's not okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell us all about it. How did it go?
Speaker 13: Well, that's I'm not quite sure because, yeah, if I need your guys opinion on this, because I was talking with my roommate about it. She thinks it was a scam.
Speaker 3: What scam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were scamming her. She was scamming you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she was scamming me.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, so start from the beginning. Did everything seem normal when you showed up to the date?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, everything seemed fine. I showed up. I was there first, and then she came in and I recognized her immediately.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she looks like her picture.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she she actually looked better than her picture. Oh yeah. So when she walked in, I noticed she carrying a laptop.
Speaker 3: Back okay, okay, maybe she was going later to work or something.
Speaker 13: Well, hang on to that because it comes back in a little bit later. So I give her a hug, and we sit down and order our food and our beer, and we're having sort of like normal small talk conversation, like the getting to know you out.
Speaker 2: Of the way, What do you do for work? What's your social Security number?
Speaker 6: All the.
Speaker 13: Well, on my profile, it says, I work in it, and she brought that up. She goes, well, you work in it, right, and I'm like yeah, she goes, well, I have my laptop here. No, I've been having problems.
Speaker 3: No that she's like finding dates on tender to fix things. Do you think that that's what she was doing.
Speaker 13: I don't think so, don't. I don't think so, no, because like we're sitting there talking the entire time, and we're still getting to know each other.
Speaker 3: While you're working on her computer at this point.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Yeah, for basically like the next hour, I was working on her computer while.
Speaker 1: We were talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, I mean it'd be one thing saying if during the day he said it, they talk about it and she's like, oh my god, my computer at home.
Speaker 15: I'll bring it next time.
Speaker 3: Totally, this is she shows up expecting him to do something.
Speaker 6: Brook.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to jump to any conclusions here until they hear the very.
Speaker 6: End of this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Sometimes things just work out in the way you told us.
Speaker 3: She ran away right at the beginning, So and your friend's skins, how did that happen?
Speaker 2: Did she leave her computer when she ran away? We don't know all the details.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, well you go. Well, no, So I finished working on her computer and I got it to work like a little bit. But I told her, I was like, you know, it's not quite six hundred percent. You can probably do some things on it, but you should go get it looked at by somebody else, okay. And so I gave it back to her, and then she put it back in her bag, and then she just said she had to leave. And the way I'm looking at it is just maybe she didn't plan on spending the entire hour there. Maybe she had other plans going on.
Speaker 3: Well, like you held her up staying on her computer too long.
Speaker 13: That's kind of the way that I feel is that I was I was keeping her occupying.
Speaker 3: Okay, he sounds super kind and nice.
Speaker 2: I will say that absolutely, But there's some unanswered questions here, like who ate the pizza? And we drank the beer?
Speaker 13: I got like one piece.
Speaker 3: Okay, and who paid for it?
Speaker 13: I did, did you drink? I didn't drink any.
Speaker 5: A sober pizza date that you paid for her?
Speaker 3: Do you want to call her back? Yeah, that's a good question, is why why would you want to get a hold of her again?
Speaker 13: Well, I talked to my roommate about this, and he sort of put this bug in my ear that it's a scam, and I don't think it is, but I need confirmation.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe it's not a scam. Maybe we're being cynical. Maybe maybe you're.
Speaker 5: Just really ugly. Well I'm giving other reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she's.
Speaker 5: Just not interested.
Speaker 2: No, something kinder.
Speaker 13: Hopefully I'm not ugly. I'm a decent looking dude.
Speaker 5: The bottom of it.
Speaker 2: That is what un attractive people do say. But I believe it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 13: You know, I've seen your pictures online and I really can't say the same thing.
Speaker 2: At least we agree on that absolute. How about we take a quick break and then when we come back this whole room full of ugos, we'll call your guest and we'll try and get you another or at least a concrete answer on what's really going on when we do your second ate update, next second date update.
Speaker 3: You're in the middle of a second ate update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here. Part two.
Speaker 2: Would a woman ever try to purposefully take advantage of a man's kindness, pretending to be interested in him, just to use him for something just that sounds awful, It sounds great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not very.
Speaker 4: Nice, it's very nice.
Speaker 2: I need to know where everybody he stands in this room, because Alexis it sounds like you're pretty sure this was a scam from.
Speaker 4: The very beginning.
Speaker 9: Obviously, obviously you seem pretty convinced too, Broke, Why is it?
Speaker 2: Why do you think you're so sure that this is all like a setup?
Speaker 3: Because she called and found out how much it was going to cost to get it fixed at a shop, and so she's like, I got a better idea. I mean, he advertised that he was it on his dating profile.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole, the whole thing that happened, if you missed it, is our listener. Adam met Jessica on Tinder and they had a patio, beer and pizza date thing planned where ultimately he ended up just fixing her laptop the entire time because she brought it along with her.
Speaker 3: He didn't even get a beer, Like, she didn't even buy him a beer for fixing her laptop, slice of pizza he paid.
Speaker 2: For and got the laptop working, Then she grabbed it and said how sweet he was really quick before running off. Oh man, so we're gonna find out what's really going on here.
Speaker 6: Adam.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling, man, I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 13: I just I just want to make sure if it was a scam, like why did she do this?
Speaker 3: Well, and it'd be good for you to know so you could prevent it in the future, right right.
Speaker 13: But but but if she does like me, I would like to see her again and not have to fix her laptop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean that you guys could have been talking.
Speaker 3: Maybe I could set up her. STA's gonna have other Brocks.
Speaker 2: I'm hopeful for you, even if nobody else in the room. It's okay, I'm hopeful.
Speaker 13: Bro Thank you. Yeah, let's put some positive vibes out this.
Speaker 2: Let's give it a call.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, we're looking for Jessica.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is Jessica.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jessica. You're on a morning radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hey, this whole room full of us here, and we're really hoping that you can help us solve kind of a little mystery that's going on. Okay, because the other day you went out on a date with one of our listeners named.
Speaker 8: Adam oh, oh god, oh god, did he tell you about it?
Speaker 16: What is this?
Speaker 2: He did tell us. This is called the second date update. So the details that we heard were that you met up for some pizza and beer at this patio thing. Yeah, and that you asked him to fix your laptop.
Speaker 3: And he was so earnest, like he just is real hopeful that you really were interested in him. He sounds really nice and kind, so.
Speaker 2: It really helped him get some closure because he's been really bothered by what happened. He hasn't heard from you at all since then, right.
Speaker 3: And you just like left.
Speaker 8: I don't really want to say, but if I'm being honest, I got food poisoning.
Speaker 5: Really, God, right, come.
Speaker 2: On, you predict what you say.
Speaker 3: Literally within two bites of a food, you get food poisoning.
Speaker 2: She ate the whole pizza.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm serious. Actually, we just went out two.
Speaker 13: Days ago so quick.
Speaker 8: I literally have been in bed since then. And yeah, I kind of ate a lot of pizza, so I was feeling sick from that.
Speaker 3: And hold on, are you just saying this because Jeffrey said, I mean like you opened it up. Jeffrey said, well, what happens sounded kind of sketchy, Like, I understand if you're defensive right now, but were you just looking for somebody to fix your laptop?
Speaker 8: I know it sounds like I'm lying, And honestly, if I heard him describe the date, I'm sure it would sound like I scammed him or something.
Speaker 13: But I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: But here's here's here's the thing. Like, you didn't even thank him for fixing your laptop. You didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bringing the laptop to the date was the part that was a little bit strange.
Speaker 11: It's weird.
Speaker 5: I don't think my laptop a lot of places.
Speaker 8: I was come home from work, so I had my laptop with on Sunday morning. Yeah, I work on weekends.
Speaker 3: She works overnight on her laptop.
Speaker 2: People have different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ja, okay, what else?
Speaker 8: Justin well, So, yeah, I was coming from work. I had my laptop with me. We were chatting. I told him that I lost a bunch of work materials suddenly and I didn't know what was up, and he offered to help. He was very nice, he was very selfless, and I actually would like to see him again.
Speaker 17: So this is a big relief to us, but it's probably especially a huge relief to Adam, who I need to tell you, Jessica has been listening on the other line this entire time.
Speaker 13: I just I just want everybody to know that I told you I didn't think it was a scam, and I'm just glad that it's not a scam.
Speaker 5: You've got it, bro you were right, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Brook, Brooke, you need to let up on her. Brook.
Speaker 2: Don't you feel bad, don't you You don't feel guilty of Jessica.
Speaker 3: It's just still hard to believe.
Speaker 13: You know. Oh, Brooke, hang on there all right, easy. You're feeling a lot of negativity over there, and we don't need that kind of negativity over the air.
Speaker 2: That's pretty hard for the course.
Speaker 5: And she's laughing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love you know what, if you like it, Adam, And that's the excuse that you like.
Speaker 4: Man, that's great.
Speaker 2: If you like it, you're into that. It's very patronizing, Brook, I.
Speaker 3: Mean someone's going to fall for the scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Justice, Jessica, I don't normally throw my co host under the bus on this show. You actually, she was one hundred percent certain that you were a terrible person. You can to take advantage of a nice man for his kindness kind of it takes one to know one sort of situation. She recognized the evil right away.
Speaker 8: You know what, it's people like you actually who make rush judgments like that that make the world the worst place.
Speaker 3: So where so like, does that check out for you, Adam? That she works till Sunday around.
Speaker 2: Did you hear her laughing at you talk.
Speaker 7: To a right blacktop doesn't have a work I t to help fix her work laptop.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that you called into this group of people for help and now they're bashing you and your potential.
Speaker 3: Future and Adam, Adam, I'm asking if that all checks out for you.
Speaker 13: You know what doesn't check out for me is the shame that you're bringing to the show. Right.
Speaker 3: This is why I can't stand up for men. I'm trying to protect you, Adam, to shield you.
Speaker 2: Calling his woman a terrible person.
Speaker 8: I am a good person and he's a good person. And I don't know who made do like this, but you cannot stop.
Speaker 11: Us from.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: Is that that means you're so excited for the next date, right?
Speaker 8: She said that, Yeah, you know what, I am excited about it as long as you're not involved in it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that.
Speaker 2: Case let's really rub it in Brooks face and send the two of you out on a second date. You guys can take a photo together and we'll post it on the Brook and Jeffrey website over Brooks face on the website. She hates love, notoriously not a fan of couples getting together, talking about and honestly, apparently, what do you say, Jessica, let's stick it to Brooks.
Speaker 3: Say yes, yes, I feel like you guys are going to end up in a thirty year marriage just to spite it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as long as.
Speaker 2: Adam also agrees to go on this date.
Speaker 13: Adam is still in absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, sometimes all it takes is a common enemy and if that's what I need to be.
Speaker 11: Freaking Jeffrey and morning.
Speaker 2: That was quite the contentious phone call from months ago.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe they actually want to be on the show again. Yeah, like I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Do they know it's true? Adam Jessica are both back to give us an update. How you guys doing.
Speaker 16: Hi, We're good. We're good. It's going honestly very well.
Speaker 2: Really smile, Brook don't say it so skeptically.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just wondering if she was talking about her computer issues or her relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, Adam, are you there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 10: I just want to make sure Brook is she happy because her computer runs well.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 16: I know Brooke is not going to like to hear this, but we are still going very strong.
Speaker 3: I actually love it. I think it's Darley.
Speaker 2: You don't have to roll your eyes when you say that.
Speaker 4: I can't see that.
Speaker 3: Jeff, you don't need to call me out.
Speaker 2: Jessica, you sound really happy, Adam, how are you feeling about it?
Speaker 18: Honestly, it's been great. This relationship is awesome. I feel like I finally found the right person for me, and I just I feel super appreciated. All of our friends and family come to me with all their tech issues. I help everybody out, and I feel like I am I am doing the best.
Speaker 2: Look people worried about you on the text where they wonder if you feel like taking advantage of everyone.
Speaker 3: That's his love language, his love language, is I t.
Speaker 2: That's a new one, the secret six love language.
Speaker 8: I mean it's true.
Speaker 16: No, it's true, like you can joke all you want, but he's my best boyfriend and haters are gonna hate. But we know the truth.
Speaker 3: Its specifically to me. Okay, I'm just worried about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that sounds like you guys are getting pretty serious.
Speaker 16: Then yeah, I will say next month we are launching a computer repair company together.
Speaker 3: Is it called love Bites? But like b y t.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brook wants to invest now in your company. Actually, she's gonna buy you out.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. You two.
Speaker 16: Thank you, thank you, and thank you Brook, because sometimes it just takes a little pressure for the best parts of our relationship to shine through.
Speaker 13: So thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Pressure makes diamonds. We'll keep us updated. Congratulations. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: There's a brand new airplane hack that promises it can help you finally get comfortable on those long three to five hour flights.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Plus a popular restaurant chains going viral, and it's not because of an exciting new menu item that they're adding. It's because fans are freaking out over their hold music. I'm serious. We're gonna play for you, plus a lot more coming up in a brand.
Speaker 4: New TikTok click shot.
Speaker 2: We're doing it. You've heard all the big music artists are going country lately.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I know so well.
Speaker 2: Rumor is the next one is going to be a collab between Garth Brooks and Drake What in an album they're calling.
Speaker 4: TikTok click shot.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that to draw.
Speaker 3: I'm buying it now. It'd be the sad Yeah, Frind's in really low place.
Speaker 2: Blick shock, where we go over some of the biggest tiktoks around the past week. Let's get right to your first TikTok click Shock from a woman named Deandra Canoe who considers herself a wellness beauty expert man. She recently got millions of views because she has a problem with the food delivery service door Dash not quite living up to its name. Here it is.
Speaker 19: I want to know what happened to DoorDash, because somehow DoorDash quickly became call you when I'm in the lobby, Hey, come out on and pick it up Dash. I wanted it at my door. That's why a door dashed it. I might be in the shower. I can't come downstairs to the lobby in my pajamas. That was the whole point of getting into my door.
Speaker 2: Oh shots fired.
Speaker 3: I kind of get it because like, it sucks when we get food delivered here and I gotta go down to lobby and get it. But also that sounded so harsh.
Speaker 7: I know, delivery just made.
Speaker 3: It feel lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, because you have to remember the guy probably has like ten.
Speaker 5: Other orders or five.
Speaker 2: A lot of the door dash drivers commented saying they leave it in the lobbies because they don't personally feel safe going up to a person's hotel room or to their apartment room. Other drivers commented saying, if you want us to go to your fourth floor apartment, tip us more. We'll break into that elevator.
Speaker 3: You got tip right at the beginning. You can't tip after and you want that service to happen, I think it's.
Speaker 2: Smart to ask you to tip first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sends the vibe out immediately to the driver.
Speaker 2: That was a TikTok click shot.
Speaker 4: Your next TikTok click shot.
Speaker 2: Is a strange air track that's been getting millions of views. So you know, like when you're flying and brooklyn't understand this because she's up in first class, but in an economy you get really uncomfortable sitting in the same position forever. And there's something called the seat belt hack where you wear your seat belt around your ankles.
Speaker 3: Yes, what, My brother just did this an entire fight with me.
Speaker 6: It does.
Speaker 3: It create like a hammock to.
Speaker 2: Put your fet Basically, you pull your knees up to your chest and rest your feet on the edge of the seat, and then you strap the belt around like the bottom of your legs so they make sure they don't slide off. And it's supposed to be an extra comfortable position for the entire flight position.
Speaker 3: That sounds fantastic for people who have flexibility, but like my husband can't touch his toes, I.
Speaker 2: Can really put my socks onto.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, exactly one tiny problem that people pointed out is the seat belt around your ankles can't hold you down, so if you hit some rough your head's going right up and hitting the ceiling. One flight attendant common that's saying planes hit major turbulence more often than you think.
Speaker 3: Do not do this, Oh man, do you know what I did? As a hack?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: They have these little foot hammocks that you can buy on Amazon for.
Speaker 4: Like five bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's like a little like kind of like you're laying down.
Speaker 2: You're the most uncool person on the plane.
Speaker 3: Foot hammocks where it's at, Jeffrey, do knock till you try hammock in the back, just swinging.
Speaker 2: That was a TikTok click shot here next TikTok click shot. It is from a mom on TikTok named Amber who's going viral after her daughter told her recently quote, that's an old person name, Oh Amber explaining, no, it's not.
Speaker 20: My daughter told me the name Ashley or Amanda or my name is Amber, our old people names, and I never thought about it this way. But she's like, yeah, my teacher's names are miss Erica, miss Samantha. Where's young people names, like my daughter is Scarlet, there's Charlotte's, there's Olivia there, there's Penelopees, there's Isabella's, there's Bella's, there's Ella's.
Speaker 11: Those are young people names for me.
Speaker 20: Ashley is always going to be like my friend from elementary so it just seems like a kid named to me. But it's not Ashley, Amanda, Amber. All of these names are basically the new Margaret or Barbara.
Speaker 3: Wow. So true. The Jessica's of the world, I mean, Stephanie, I'm sorry. I got two kids in elementary school and there's not one Stephanie or Jessica to be found.
Speaker 2: The comment with the most like said, if you got a shout out in the song Mambo number five, congrats you now have a granny name. A little bit of Monica's Angelo, Pamela, Sandra and Rita, Monica, Mary, Jessica and Tina lou Bega. There he goes predicting all the old lady names.
Speaker 10: And Lou is probably a new name now at least coming back around exactly.
Speaker 2: That's a TikTok click shock. And let's get to your final TikTok click shock because people are going nuts right now over Pizza Hut and their new holds music. What have you ever seen this yet?
Speaker 3: People are calling pizza.
Speaker 2: The old school way to order a pizza delivered, but it's made its way onto TikTok where a guy in the hold music is singing about their chicken wings and gets really really into it. Here it is.
Speaker 1: That's right, pizza chicken wings, nine different signature flavors to choose from.
Speaker 6: They can be a.
Speaker 13: Saucy as you like, all on top of them perfectly.
Speaker 3: Why do I feel like that's somebody upper and like upper management at pizza hut. It's like Larry in accounting who loves to do Harryoki on the weekend. Let's pull him in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one theory. But the other one and no one's confirmed this is the singer is probably Craig Robinson. Who who's Darryl the warehouse guy from the office, because he's been the spokesperson in all of the pizza commercials for the last few years. It is. And he's a comedian who's been playing the piano and keyboard on stage for years.
Speaker 3: And that's why I put his voice in an office.
Speaker 2: I mean, he does get like promoted towards the very end of the management positions. Finally all that work paid off. That is so great to those are your.
Speaker 11: Stories for the day, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We've got a veteran of this game on the line, Heather, who is one five and two against you all time. That's one win, five losses, two ties. And we asked her, since today is leap Day, does she support it or not? Because you know there's all those anti leapers out there. Brook. He refuse to acknowledge the day.
Speaker 3: They did they march for them to they just.
Speaker 2: Skip right over it, but Heather.
Speaker 3: Says, rest of the days of the year work for them.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to those anti leapers. But Heather says, yes, she does support it because leap ears remind her when the Summer Olympics will be. Oh, every four years is a leap day, and every year aligns with the Summer Olympics. You never thought of that before, Heather, You've blown our minds.
Speaker 3: Love, that's that election year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one cares about Yeah, we want some people running swim fast.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite event in the Summer Olympics, Heather.
Speaker 15: You know it's funny. It reminds me of the Summer Olympics. But I really don't watch them. I just know that they're happening.
Speaker 3: Kat, your mind works in strange way.
Speaker 16: That's true.
Speaker 2: All right, Well Brook's gonna leave the studio for a second, so let's send her out and you know the game works other it's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck. Your time starts now. Today is leap Day where we gain extra day to the year. It happens. How often every four years I made my family disappear? Is a classic line from What Christmas Movie?
Speaker 15: Home Alone?
Speaker 2: The famous mountain the matterhorn is located in which country?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 15: Jeez, Switzerland?
Speaker 2: What is the name of the hand in the Adams family? The Big Peach is the nickname for what city? Each New Orleans ship's speed is measured in what unit?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: What's the common name for the tech area between San Jose and San Francisco, Silicon Valley? Well done, Heather showing up strong on leap Day, brook He's coming back into the studio. And we've talked about this with Heather a lot of times that she runs a sign shop. Oh, King Signs. What's the latest sign that you made, Heather.
Speaker 8: Oh, we've been super busy.
Speaker 15: We just did some car graphics.
Speaker 3: Have you ever misspelled one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, you know what, We always send a.
Speaker 15: Design proof out before producing anything, So if it's misspelled, it's the customer's fault.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's how you work it. The customer doesn't feel that way.
Speaker 5: When I'm at Bank of.
Speaker 10: America today, All right, Brooks, Ready, Yeah, your time starts now.
Speaker 2: Today is leap Day, where we gain an extra day of the year it happens? How often every four years? I made my family disappear is a classic line from What Christmas Movie? The famous mountain, the Matterhorn is located in which country?
Speaker 3: Switzerland?
Speaker 2: What is the name of the hand in the Adams Family thing? The Big Peach is a nickname for what city?
Speaker 3: Atlanta?
Speaker 2: A ship's speed is measured in what you not? What is the common name for the tech area between San Jose and San.
Speaker 3: Francisco Silicon Valley.
Speaker 2: All right, good ladies, let's go over the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 16: I have a Bob Taylor.
Speaker 5: You got six today?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? But seven on a leap day?
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, give me that extra yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, uh huh you.
Speaker 16: God.
Speaker 21: Seven As good as it was, it just wasn't quite enough today, Heather, Let's go over the answers for everybody.
Speaker 2: Today's leap day where we get an extra day? It happens every four years. Kind of covered that a little bit in the intro the discussion, Yeah, I made my family disappear as a classic line from Home Alone. The Matterhorn is a mountain located in Switzerland. The hand in the Adams Family is thing, the Big Peach is nickname for Atlanta. A ship speed does get measured in knots, and Silicon Valley is the name for that tech area between San Jose and San Francisco known for its many tech businesses. Day so good game couldn't beat Brook, But the good news is Heather, just for playing, you win one month of unlimited certificates for True Fusion. Find your edge at True Fusion Yoga and Fitness joined today and experience heated and unheated classes featuring twenty five different modalities including yoga, pilates, boot camp, and more.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, Yeah, that was that your best performance you've ever had on the show?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You show?
Speaker 3: God still didn't get you a man? Do I feel good today? I don't mean to glow, but I'm doing just that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's not like you do it every day or anything.
Speaker 2: Excuse come back and play us again on the next leap. Yeahs bock, same time tomorrow, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning,