Speaker 1: Welcome the Guys We Bought Me, the anti Slutshamings podcast. You haven't that. I'm Christina Hutchings, I'm Karen Fisher and I'm ya boy friends.
Speaker 2: We're going up to.
Speaker 1: Its loving, your horning and your shame. Hey, it's what yes? Okay? Greetings the fuckers? How you been? Where are you at? Did drink it off water? Today? Welcome to another exciting episode of Guys We Fucked.
Speaker 3: It's the anti slutch I mean podcast. I'm Karen Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Guys, what do you do? In March seventh? Are you in New York City? It's a Thursday.
Speaker 4: Well, come on down to the mas Deicod Midnight Theata, where Karen Fisher and I will take the stage with our new producer, Eric Freddy for the first time ever in a live setting for our next installment of the Guys We Fucked Residency, Guys Who Fucked Live, Guys Who Fucked The experience.
Speaker 1: These shows are wacky, they're nuts, they're fucking. They're so fun.
Speaker 4: You could buy a ticket to stream at digitally, or you could come in person. That's what I prefer Come in person. Say Hi, hang out and then good Girl, Barbara, my debut comedy album is out for wherever you get your comedy albums, not a lot of places, Spotify, Apple Music, and as always, sign up for my Patreon if you're not doing that great.
Speaker 1: I'm really good at I'm really good.
Speaker 4: At handling people that are pretty much on the brink, and I could get you off. I mean, I'm not gonna take responsibility for myself getting you off the brink, however, because that's not my job.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting. I'm not a licensed therapist. Chad, Remember, Chad, I do. Remember. It's been a while, Chad. He's not listening to this.
Speaker 4: But if he is, Hi, maybe you really are a fan. But yeah, sign up for it. Once a week we talk about shit on zoom for an hour and it's really cathartic. And if you're not there, you can at least listen to it later. Patreon dot com, slash Christina Hutchinson, Springfield, Missouri, Hey guys, Hey all of you there. I'm headlining March twenty second March twenty third in the Blue Room, So come out and see that. And has always listened to my solo podcast, The Voices in our heads where you can hear Mikey Big Dick, Don Costcarelli dropshit and breathe weird like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go. That was perfect on Cue and Washington d C.
Speaker 3: Reminder that I am going to be at the DC Comedy Loft February twenty ninth through March second. Tickets are available for those five shows, and I will be with Chloe Leabranch, who you heard a couple of weeks ago on this program. Going to be a great, great weekend of comedy. And then of course you can listen to my political podcast Without a Country.
Speaker 1: It's been great.
Speaker 3: Just did my third appearance on the Fox News Channel and I think it's going I think it's going well. On this episode, I did scream that. I screamed in the middle of the episode, I'm a liberal, what do you want from me?
Speaker 1: And it was fun. We all had a good time. My parents both definitely probably saw it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, probably, I was like lots of lots of people's lots of people's parents saw it.
Speaker 1: Is what I can what I was, what I.
Speaker 3: Can say about that, But lots of people's parents saw it.
Speaker 4: Oh, your parents have been kidnapped by Fox News well, at least mine.
Speaker 1: That's fun. Yeah, it was like mine.
Speaker 4: Have it good for you, guys, it's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: How you doing good? I've been intermittent fasting. That's why I'm fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to I kind of always I just live like I don't even call it fasting, but I kind of just organically do that.
Speaker 4: Well, in a continued effort for twenty twenty four to do things that I absolutely do not want to do, but I know there can be some like health benefits or mental health benefits. I'm forcing myself to do things I don't want to do so that I can fucking woman up and be a bad person. And eating at night is one of my favorite activities in the whole entire world. I love eating at night. I do most of my eating early in the morning first thing, and then late at night. And I noticed when I I so I do this thing where I sleep eat, and I go get up in the middle of the night and I just ravage my cabinets. And then I wake up in the morning and I see all the cabin doors open, and I see food everywhere, and I'm like, and I have them. I always have the flashback of oh right, Oh god damn it.
Speaker 1: And you don't eat that much though, so like, what's the problem.
Speaker 4: Well, because, so what it does to your blood sugar, and your pancreas and your liver when you eat, you should you should at least be going twelve hours without eating so that your body can do what it's supposed to do. But if you go, if you go sixteen hours without eating, this cool process called it's called katosis, it's called this another word for it, it's not it can't be katosis. Well, it's basically where your body is getting energy from the fat cells within your body instead of like the sugar that you eat, right, And well, what that does is it cleans out all your cells. So if you go do a sixteen hour period of fasting, it's really good for your health.
Speaker 1: But god damn do I get angry.
Speaker 3: Well, I know people have mixed feelings on intermittent and fasting though, because I know there's also been a lot of discussion about people thinking it's too close to an eating disorder.
Speaker 1: While they said it, if you've ever had anything you sort you shouldn't do it. I just I take that challenge. Yeah, I only had needing to sort of for like three months. Yeah that's more. Yeah, yeah, it was because this guy cheated on me and I just needed to feel in control.
Speaker 4: Really but uh but I just wanted to see if it was if it was something for me, because it's certainly not for everybody. Yeah, but I will say not eating even just even if I didn't fast and I just didn't eat past eight o'clock, because it's not healthy for your organs, because what I would do is I would stuff my face.
Speaker 3: It's hard when you're a comedian. It's like when you get home from work at one in the morning. I mean it's you've had a full work day and then you're not going to eat. I know, Well that's why I got it. That's why I got like my meals. You have to fucking crap. It's exhausting.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, so your organs are just and I wake up in the morning and I feel so much better.
Speaker 1: So that's been fun.
Speaker 4: I'm just the book that the book Woman Code that I'm kind of studying right now, just talks about putting really healthy food in your body is really going to change how your hormones function. So I'm experient experimenting with that. Cooking most of my meals, and it's feel lighter and even when I'm angry, still very grounded, you know, which is pretty cool. So there's some cool benefits. But I was thinking last night, were you. Yeah, I was doing some thinking. I was pondering, you know, I was watching the super Bowl. We're recording this early, watching the super Bowl, and you know, Beyonce dropped an album and then it's real draw bombs. Uh that was sad and bad, but uh, I was just we get a lot of when you're a public person, you get a lot of people's opinions about you on your Instagram page, you know, left in the comment section.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: And we've been doing this for ten years. Baby, We're used to it. And I mean, at this point, I'm used to it. So I'm like, all right, let's go. It does make you a better person because I like that you were used to it at a different time, very different, very different periods of being used to it than you. Because now I've done all this work on like Troutlin and shit, I'm like, oh, this is why people are dicks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like so at least because.
Speaker 4: Before that, before doing all that work, I literally would contemplate at home.
Speaker 1: And be like, why are people so fucking mean? Yeah, and it would really bother me, really bothered me.
Speaker 3: It still actually bothers me that people are so cruel, but I don't I don't like, I'm not like why right.
Speaker 1: It's me saying That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 4: It still bothers me, and I feel like lately, on my page and then on everybody's pages, everyone's just being a cunt. On Instagram, like a huge cunt. Julia Roberts posted this picture of her and her niece like having a having a playing poker or something, drinking tea, and it's also like just you want one of the one celebrity. I can't even think of anything bad to say about it, I know.
Speaker 1: And then she was like yeah, not always.
Speaker 4: People are in the comments like wow, she's unrecognizable and she's like, guys, I'm fucking fifty and she's like I know who I am on coffee and who I am. But that still bummed me out and it made me think about all the teenagers that get bullied online for their appearance and it's like so mean. And then on my post lately, I'm experimenting with this fucking algorithm. It's gonna be the death of me. But just people saying dumb, mean shit, and I'm like just like, just like, I mean, there's there's always the oh, this is what you're talking about when everything else is going on in the world, which I will address in one moment. That's why I want to talk about this. Oh, I see it a very important thing to say about that. But and then it's just like just mean shit of like you're unfuckable or just dumb shit that I'm like this, these don't hurt me, and.
Speaker 1: For those are usually meant for my page. I know now I'm getting them, and that's why I'm like, Wow, the internet's really doing one. No, it's really doing one on us. Weird, I know. And it's like, yeah, okay, like fuck you, you suck.
Speaker 4: But the the the the amount of comments and dms I've been getting about people disappointed in me for this is one comment I got last night that I ended up.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'll talk about this part on the bonus episode because I'm not gonna give this person a platform.
Speaker 1: More than I more than I have.
Speaker 4: But uh about not talking about the words about not talking about what's happening in Gaza and that you know, as from my perspective, I know what I think in my day to day, and I know that I on Twitter. I don't see the images on Instagram because I've filter them out because I.
Speaker 1: Just want to see fucking Dashians and rugby players. That's it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see this shit, Okay, I don't want to and I control. I can control as much as I can. And Twitter's a different story because they're the images. It's really sad, and these images are they bother me to the point where they do affect They don't affect my ability to function, but it ruh. I need to take like an extra hour out of my day to like cry, to be honest, because I'm like, this is this is just so awful, but a lot of criticism being thrown at me and I'm sure a lot of the other people about artists not addressing Gaza every second of the day.
Speaker 1: And I want to throw this out there as food for thought.
Speaker 4: If you are an activist or if you have a cause that you're really passionate about, you cannot It is not healthy to only think about that. Twenty four to seven you are traumatizing yourself with these images and these videos and constant taking in the new Who's is traumatizing And as an artist, I believe our job is if you're an artist who wants to speak up about this shit, cool, that's your prerogative.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you're an artist that just wants to provide some brevity, like a stand up comedian, that's a really important service. And I was thinking about, you know, having your like there's because the part of the comments that really bothered me is I thought that you stood up for what is right, Like this has been said to me so many times, and I'm like, dude, and it's mostly all women that are doing this, but I'm like, I do, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do stand up for what's right.
Speaker 4: But also it is important to take a second out of your day to just look at a clip of a podcast and me talking about getting caught snooping in my boyfriend's journal, you know what I mean, Like you need to think about other things you cannot think about all this shit. And that's where I believe the power of art can be super cathartic, where it's like I just need a break from looking at dead child's body, Children's Bodies for a second, and I need to watch this dumb fuck thing on in you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And so it's really important and I was just it made.
Speaker 4: Me ponder because Beyonce, like I said, release that album in the middle of the super Bowl, and I feel so lucky to be alive at the same time as that woman. And I also feel lucky to have a creative person that I legit look up to and kind of study. Uh, and I know what she gives to me as a fan. Are you raising your hand?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can I tell us a quick story.
Speaker 1: She's in the middle of something for sure, Yes, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Know what she gives to me as a fan of her, right, I don't know if she's talked about the Gaza thing.
Speaker 1: I frankly, I don't even fucking know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was actually gonna ask. I'm like, I don't know, And you know what, I don't care, Okay, take her swift hasn't address that.
Speaker 1: I don't and I don't.
Speaker 4: I just don't expect Beyonce to address it. She has her issues. I'm sure she I'm sure she.
Speaker 1: Had to have said something.
Speaker 3: Well, because Bella had had and had had like a dinner with Taylor Swift and like those people, and so they like and so she changed something about where her album was being released.
Speaker 1: This was the way at the beginning.
Speaker 4: Though, Oh, okay, okay, And look, if she wants to say something, I think that's amazing and powerful.
Speaker 1: But if she doesn't want to say anything at the moment, that's okay. She's her own person.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking about what Beyonce gives me as a as a as a fan of hers, and then I was thinking about, well, what do I want to give people? What like gifts do I want to, you know, bestow upon people? And I never really thought about it, but I want to. I mean, it makes sense, it's kind of obvious. I want to make people laugh because laughter is very healing, especially when you laugh about dark things, or you laugh in the midst of dark times.
Speaker 1: That is so potent.
Speaker 4: You have no fucking idea because it takes the theme out of the pressure cooker that is your rage and your terror and your sadness. I want you to contemplate new ideas that to find what you believe are logical. That's well, well, Aliens and ghosts psychedelic drugs, and.
Speaker 1: I want you to encourage I want people.
Speaker 4: I want to encourage people to get to know themselves on a very deep level. And I also just yeah, I just wanted to talk about that, and how before you press post on a comment. I know that we have bigger fish to fry in the world, but I'm kind of like, and we don't actually, because true humanitarian shifts in consciousness and becoming better as a people they happen with you first. Boo, they happen with me first. Okay, you've got to do the work on yourself, and so I encourage you before you press post.
Speaker 1: On that comment. And I've done this.
Speaker 4: I've seen Instagram posts and I'm like, what the fuck does this person who she's?
Speaker 5: Sake?
Speaker 1: She is?
Speaker 4: And I'll go to posts and then before I press the post button, I go, is this coming from a place of love or fear? And then when I don't feel like answering that question because I'm too fucking mad, I ask myself, am I adding to the garbage dumpster fire of Instagram or a social media platform? Or is this making something better? It's never making something better When I'm mad, so I don't post I.
Speaker 3: Think very few comments on on Instagram are making anything better, not really yeah.
Speaker 1: Even put fire signs.
Speaker 3: It's like anything yeah yeah, the algorithm, I suppose, but I do think I I would implore people to uh maybe not use the artists who follow on Instagram use their comments section as a dumpster for your misplaced rage, because your rage is coming from a real place.
Speaker 1: But we know it's coming from helplessness too.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it's you know, people, people don't know what to do, and that feels like they did something, but yeah, it's you. They just they just made you mad. Mm hmmm mm hmmm, Michael, I understand that. So uh, I think buckle up, get a blanket.
Speaker 6: These are no, it's this is these are This is my personal opinion, but having worked in really radio forever, I think there are certain arenas where certain things are appropriate and inappropriate, yeah, beyond people's personal feelings about something that's happening.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 6: And one of the best examples that I've ever been a part of, and it still makes me laugh to this day, but when I was working at Betches, we were working on we were working with I think someone you guys had on the show a while ago comments by celebs Emma.
Speaker 1: Dimas Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Great, Emma is really fantastic. But they they were trying to get their footing as a podcast when we were still working with them.
Speaker 2: They didn't really know how to do any of this yet.
Speaker 6: And their show is a fucking you know this, this celebrity said this, and this. It's a nonsense fluff bullshit thing. And we were recording it.
Speaker 1: Yeah no I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean just what it is.
Speaker 4: But we need we need some nonsense sense fluff ship to give it us a break.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I mean, just a non quite frankly, some of us are too fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: I mean myself included.
Speaker 3: But I have a show about being stupid talking about politics. So it feels American. But right, that's kind of the point.
Speaker 6: Right, So Emma, like this is it's a perfect example. They they they just don't do a show about any of that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Their show was just like, it's.
Speaker 1: How the Kardashians don't talk.
Speaker 3: About food, right, Oh my god, exactly that they really don't know.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's why they allowed that one guy to be food God. Their friend is food God, because that's one thing they don't deal with.
Speaker 1: They don't deal with food.
Speaker 2: Go on show.
Speaker 6: Emma and Julie, who I don't know what their show looks like now, but that was who was hosting the show, Emma and and I forget Julia his last name. But we were recording like a day before or the day of nine to eleven, and we were putting it out.
Speaker 2: Not even was.
Speaker 1: Like you were a child, I said, Mike invented podcasting.
Speaker 6: This was like, I don't know, twenty twenty eighteen or something like that, and I was a year. They were prepping the show and then they started they were they were going to record the show, and they started talking and then they realized they hadn't said anything about.
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven on their show.
Speaker 6: So they were like, we have to stop and take a moment to have like a just recognize nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: And basically, like in the middle of.
Speaker 3: Their podcasting at all, exactly, they're.
Speaker 6: Just like, we'd be remiss if we just didn't remember that, like today was nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Oh it really took that, don't forget me.
Speaker 2: And that was it. They didn't say anything else.
Speaker 6: Okay, they didn't say anything about but in their head.
Speaker 3: They're doing it as insurance for themselves, not because they actually have anything poignant to say about it, exactly.
Speaker 6: And it's not like it was like a like a memorable anniversary of nine to eleven. Sure they shoehorned this like meant this like non sequard. Yeah, just mentioned of nine to eleven into this show about you know what?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: John Stamos said on.
Speaker 1: Yeah what's hot right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: So I just think there's times and places for all that stuff. And it doesn't mean you don't care about what's going on, and it doesn't mean but it's just.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people are caught up in like a really intense emotion from seeing some really awful things, right, and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, why aren't you feeling the way I'm feeling right now? Boo? We have at some point.
Speaker 4: And this is the last thing I want to say about this is like I want you guys to think of artists as the musicians.
Speaker 1: On the Titanic. Okay, the violinists. You look, Oh my headplhones got cut out. I can still hear oh, you can still hear me? Yeah everything I can't hear myself.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make a speech now, think of artists as like the violinists on the Titanic. The ship is going down, it's traumatic, it's chaotic, people are dying, it's not fun, and you look around you there's chaos. But then you look at those musicians on the Titanic. They're still fucking playing because what are they gonna do. Scream too is not help. They're gonna play. So I, as an artist, I'm like, I'm gonna keep playing that violin, baby, all right.
Speaker 1: So don't expect me to comment about these things.
Speaker 4: Don't expect artists to comment on these social matters all the time, because I don't think it's healthy for the psyche of people. I think it's super traumatizing to talk about something so awful all the fucking time. You have to talk about other things, if only for a moment. Okay, So that's all I wanted to say. And it's your fucking email, you.
Speaker 3: Know, As I said, if you're looking for a hot Israel hamas contents, I have hours of it for you on Without a Country.
Speaker 1: But I address this on Without a Country.
Speaker 3: But I think what's upset me a little bit is that we're cherry picking atrocities, right, and there's there's no argument the the level of atrocity, uh and the number of deaths in Palestine. I mean, it's the tens of thousands of people who have died. There's no you know, you can look on Wikipedia and actually see a numbers order of slaughters that have occurred, and it's you know, nearing the top, that's for sure. But what also happened is like, for instance, this week, a cult leader named Paul McKenzie Mackenzie and Kenya was charged with murder after more than four hundred bodies were found buried in shallow graves in a remote forest in the east of the country, many of them children. And it's just like, Okay, well, there's an example of an atrocity that I haven't heard anyone. I mean I pulled it up because I was specifically looking for other atrocities. But it's like, are those there everywhere? People less important? You know they're not, And like, we don't all have a running list of everything that happened horrific in the world.
Speaker 1: No one knows everything.
Speaker 3: No one has a list, and I feel like it's weird to put it in some kind of like in order.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And one of the things about having a phone too, is your in constant view of all the awful things that are happened, not even half of them that are happening in the world. And so it's like, I mean, we are so aware of what's happening that we get a live stream of it. My god, that's who that does damage to the soul of the planet.
Speaker 6: Makes you miss the days when you can just have a job on the docks, yeah, screen all day.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is that even when you talk about it, I mean again, like I've talked about this for hours, no one's gonna You're not gonna talk about it exactly right how people want you to.
Speaker 1: But that's your right.
Speaker 2: Well that's what.
Speaker 1: But that's the beauty of having an opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, having an opinion thinking about something, you know, maybe maybe go talk to the president about it.
Speaker 1: That's why I want to get abducted by aliens. I don't, I really do.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I loved I mean, I love talking about politics. I think it's fascinating. I think it's you know, I feel like me for me personally, it is my responsibility as like a citizen to talk about politics.
Speaker 1: But that's my views on myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, guys, today's guest is us.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna keep chatting. I'm gonna keep chatting.
Speaker 2: And I thought you just forgot. You were gonna throw to somebody.
Speaker 1: You've seen her on the comedy something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be us, and it's gonna be amazing, and uh, we're all going.
Speaker 1: To be here. Oh you know what.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was actually we were I was talking to Mosha Kasher and so then it got me googling about Natasha la Zueiro and the last time that they were on our show, and I found this, wait, this really weird site that I wanted to show you, guys, and it just goes to show that there's really a fetish for everything. So I was trying to remember when Natasha was on the show because we're going to might have them back on, and the Sneeze Fetish forum came up when you search Natasha Lazaro guys, we fucked, and it is literally just a site where they linked to famous I guess mostly women, and when they sneeze on podcast appearances, because this is a specific type of fetish, then put their energy into the weirdest.
Speaker 4: If I had to put my I guarantee you the guys who do this, they don't do their dishes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so literally there's a post on sneeze Sneeze fetish forum and it's sneeze fetishforum dot com that says mal He posts on August twenty seven, twenty one, he goes Natasha Lazio sneezing on the Guys We Fucked podcasts and then it goes further on further to say the hosts describe her leaning back in her seat to wish when Natasha responds that she was doing so because she needed to sneeze, and then she does so at the forty five minute, thirty eight second time stamp. Bro and they comments on the quality of the sneeze. Enjoy and then there's a Luminary link to the time stamp of the sneeze.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really something.
Speaker 1: People are so unique.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well this even you think you can't be surprised by people are like, you think you've heard it all.
Speaker 1: Wait, oh my god, my phone is fucking with me.
Speaker 3: I tried to I just click the link and then it says episode unavailable.
Speaker 1: Why can't I listen? To call her? Daddy on Luminary is temply unavailable. This is dadaddy. Wait, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Look at my phone is fucking haunting me? Wait wait wait wait wait. That is a weird prompt.
Speaker 1: The prompt is the prompt.
Speaker 4: The professional prop that's coming up on Kris's phone is in quote, why can't I listen to call her daddy on luminary? It's temporarily unavailable from call her day.
Speaker 1: That's weird. That's weird. That's weird. Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, the sneeze, the sneeze fetish forum, uh is poppin' jeez and then and then Nov, can.
Speaker 1: You imagine if that's what got you off? Just a fucking sneeze? How simple?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 3: Well, there isn't you know? Go to it is the beginning of an orgasm. Like it's the same, like.
Speaker 2: Power sneezing feels well.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, like this like the medbination is like the same. I don't know verocity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does feel like I'm jizzing, but like in.
Speaker 6: Byway, like when you're winding up for a sneeze, you like pull everything in.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's like an explosion.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, wait guys.
Speaker 3: The first reply to this from Nov the day after the original post. He goes nice, fine and good sneezy chatter from the others too.
Speaker 1: All right, another person, I love this.
Speaker 3: Another person goes amazing build up at seven minutes and ten seconds in this is Oh, this is this. I guess this is specifically the Natasha Darrow sneeze fetish page.
Speaker 1: It looks like she sneezes a lot on pop on podcasts.
Speaker 2: Gotta get yeah or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people can still continue to have good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's a there's a couple episodes of Endless Honeymoon where she sneezed.
Speaker 1: Sneezing. Wait, contact staff. I would love to see who's the staff of the staff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, Jesus furry sneezing archives?
Speaker 1: Oh man, can you look up? Who's on there? Are you on there? Are we on there? Oh? Like wiki fee? Is it like wicky sneeze? Right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah we are made? Hell yeah, we're on wiky. If we've been on wiki fee for like a de game, bone you on that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Mmm, I don't I I just googled Corine Fisher sneeze and the thing comes up. Let me do, Christina Hutchinson. Maybe we have sneezed enough.
Speaker 1: On air. I don't think I really sneeze on air.
Speaker 4: I mean either I've been sick or we've had to record sometimes and I've I've done it off.
Speaker 3: No, it just keeps, it just keeps, specifically going to Natasha la Zeo sneeze.
Speaker 1: I guess she's just a sneezy lady. Yeah, sometimes he's sneezy. Wow wow, wow wow sneeze theory. Okay, I love that. That's fun.
Speaker 3: All right, let's read this article or this email. This is a subject line? Does that mean he likes me?
Speaker 1: Back? Hey, Christina and Grint.
Speaker 3: I've been watching you guys since twenty eighteen and I love the podcast. Also, for warning, I've never wrote to a podcast like this, so I may not be good at explaining things. Okay, So for contact, I'm nineteen and work at Walmart. I'm still not entirely confident in myself and it's hard to find myself being with someone. But there's a guy who came into work and is now a good friend. The thing is that I found that I found that I was having a crush on him, which hasn't happened at all with someone.
Speaker 1: My age except like sixth grade. At the time.
Speaker 3: He was nineteen as well, but had a birthday December, so now he's twenty.
Speaker 1: Uh uh oh an older man. This is so funny as well.
Speaker 3: He and his mom worked together and were good friends along with my other friends. Some things he had said or done is a little list, but I've taken notice. If my other friend is walking with his mom, this is such a nineteen year old team here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really sweet and also like, I feel like this person's pretty self aware for a nineteen year old.
Speaker 3: I if my other friend is walking with his mom, he decides to walk with me every time. He has bought my work lunch staff more than once, and random things out of the blue when he asked the question or something and someone else answers, for instance, his mom, he will straight up say I was talking to her and I'm sitting at the table like shocked face, okay, this is a little hard to know what you're saying, or paid for our breakfast outings, and is always looking at me okay. Oh, and during work he would always do something that catches me off guard and he would say any chance that he got to say, do I make you nervous?
Speaker 1: The thing weird? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nervous No, it was a cute way to an old Yeah, he's twenty, thinking of like an older man.
Speaker 1: Going do I make you nervous? Pretty low? No, you can say it.
Speaker 3: You can say it in like a flirty way, like makes you nervous? Yeah, yeah, I've said it to people. The thing is, though, he's also just a really chill guy, nice guy, So I feel like everything he does I'm reading into. But the thing he has said he isn't looking for is a relationship. And to be honest with the way that I am, I don't know if I am as well. Also, his mom, who also months ago, asked my other friend after he bought my lunch if she thought that he likes me or whatever. And I have not told the mom and don't think I could, but she low key ships. I think, oh my god, it's hilarious. I would love to see what you guys think. Keep doing what you're doing. I love you guys, and what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay with you? But he doesn't want a relationship. Unders like that.
Speaker 3: People tell you who they are, don't don't read more into.
Speaker 4: My will always kind of they'll verbally tell you where they're at and what their quality best and worst qualities are, so believe him. But also if if it's bugging you, if you're like, oh, but maybe, then sometimes you need to know. You need to hear it from the source, because if you have a crush on him, for example, and it's kind of like being fostered, and you don't want to foster it anymore because it's not going to go anywhere. Do yourself a favorite. Don't foster a crush on this guy. Just ask him, like, do you like me? You're fucking nineteen, you know, you sounds sweet, it's fine. The worst that he's he might say no, I don't like you, and he's like, okay, cool, and then you're gonna be maybe a little daggered from that and you move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the women, as women, we love to like include these like listicles of everything the guys guys aren't thinking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're just fucking existing, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they'll say, if he liked you, you would know pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: You would know pretty quickly, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if it feels like you're not sure, that means like sometimes like they're unsure too, you know, like guys don't have this master plan most of the time that we think they do.
Speaker 1: No, they don't. They don't think that far ahead. They don't. Yeah, there's no master fucking plan.
Speaker 4: No, they're just existing and that's why they're a little bit And the words of Jerry Seinfeld, we're just walking around looking around. Yeah, that's yeah, it's true. So this is a follow up from the email that we read. Do we read this on a bonus episode or on an intro? I think we might have read it on a bonus episode.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure it was a bonus episode, so you're gonna subscribe to find out.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 4: The subject was I found out my friend as a child predator. Basically, to summarize it, Okay, so to summarize it, this woman and her boyfriend live together. They have a neighbor who's an older guy who was married to a woman got divorced.
Speaker 1: Found out through a hair salon.
Speaker 4: Lady that this older guy was in jail or got arrested for basically trying to hook up with a fifteen Trying to meet up with a fifteen year old. The fifteen year old turned out to be like an undercover cop or something like that, and so it was a bait and switch.
Speaker 1: There was fifteen years right, right exactly, it was fifteen year old, was the cop. Yeah, there was no fifteen year old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so old freeze Yeah I know that. O.
Speaker 1: I know it's a heap of fine.
Speaker 3: And also and also here like even on the subject fifteen child.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so we had a discussion. We read the email. We had a discussion because the girls freaked out. We're like, look, pedophilia is a young child, right, That is a different caliber of fucked up. Then the caliber of fucked up that an older guy trying to bone a teenager is. It's they're both fucked up, but they in different ways.
Speaker 1: Well this is third tier.
Speaker 3: Because we looked at the numbers, I'm like, fifteen is actually a femophilia. They not even have a FeelA, right right, right right, because the fifteen to nineteen it's it's yeah, it's the it's so on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: Of predator, it's the chillest one, honestly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's still predator, yeah for sure, for sure, But we read it. Still a predator wouldn't be as freaked out by it, but like, uh, you know, it's fucked up for sure. So we read that email, and then she sent us a follow up update from the same listener. Okay, update in case you ended up reading this whole thing. We did, but on a bonus episode. I think it was the last week's bonus episode, well two weeks ago, because this is coming out at the end of the month. I sent that original email twenty four hours after hearing about this incident, okay, so I was fresh as hell since then. I shared the news with my boyfriend okay, because she was debating not telling him, who just kept going what the fuck man sporadically for about twenty four hours. It has really fucked with us to see a trusted friend in this position, right because they were super close and they like loved this guy and he was very like, you know, community leader kind of thing, the way they always are, right.
Speaker 3: But to me, like this is also like kind of like a learning lesson for these people in their lives, Like, yeah, life is full of your close friends disappointing you, like and it's how you respond to that and get past it. And I think part of it is just like stop putting people on pedestals and really realizing we're all human and we all have these huge flaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is a little bit more than a huge.
Speaker 4: Flob, you know, you know what I say, A little fool Yeah, it feels like a movie. John, who is the fake name of the neighbor. John has been holed away in his apartment. Okay, so I guess it's in prison, and neither of us have yet to run into him for contacts.
Speaker 1: We normally see him a few times a week on the street.
Speaker 4: We noticed his distinctive car has was nowhere to be seen for a few days and then and then have since put together the pieces that he traded his black car for a gray one of the same make and model.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's going to undercover witness protection program right.
Speaker 4: The predator website that listed him on it docks his address and information.
Speaker 1: So I guess he is fearful of his own safety. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Normally we can see John from our kitchen window while he sits on his balcony. Now I've pulled the blinds down in our kitchen for the first time in four years living here. We have a skylight in our bathroom, which should John go onto the roof?
Speaker 1: Guys, you're thinking John's way more calculated than he.
Speaker 3: Is and also John's not interested in fun. You guys no offense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're too old and you're a woman.
Speaker 4: Should John go onto the roof, which he has easy access to, he could technically walk over and look into our bathroom. It's not like I don't like, I know, I had I lived my thirty fourth Street apartment was one of those buildings where there was ak you went on the roof and there was a skylight to the other apartment looking down.
Speaker 1: It was super easy. But I don't think this guy gives a shit about seeing your titties. Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the fifteen year old boys, there's like a misunderstanding. It's like it's like even so even if you are like, uh, you know, a pedophile, a have a file, and a febophile, that doesn't mean you're just like balls to the wall, a crazy sexual person who will do anything and fuck anyone who's fucking animals and putting a jerking off utters into their mouth Like this is like this is like the people people here, Yeah, they just don't It doesn't mean that this guy is just fuck walking around sticking his dick in anything. And I think it's like we don't really understand these things. And that's why everyone just thinks the solution is let's go out and kill pedophiles, Like, yes, if you there's no understanding.
Speaker 6: You could walk across the zip line and like it's yeah, wait no.
Speaker 1: It's a misunderstanding song.
Speaker 3: Unless you have a unless you often have fifteen year old bullies over.
Speaker 1: Then I would say cover that skylight.
Speaker 4: Ever since learning about this incident, the skylight started to freak me out at night when I can't see on the other side of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, he's just not that indue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your head of fhile neighbor is just not that concerned about seeing me naked. I can't see on the other side of it, even though we would hear footsteps if someone was on the roof.
Speaker 1: You're stressing out too much about this.
Speaker 4: And even though neither my boyfriend or I are his type, we're not twenty year old boys. Growth I have since covered the glass of the skylight with blurring privacy stickers. It's just beyond weird to go from thinking it's a fun way, it's a fun wave to our friend from the kitchen window here and there my boyfriend and I assuming and laughing about how he's probably seen us having sex in our kitchen at least few times.
Speaker 1: Again, it's probably not interested.
Speaker 4: But also that's also weird on your behalf. Yeah, like you should close your blinds your neighbors more like.
Speaker 3: Well, And also the thing is, I think it's like kind of what a like almost what.
Speaker 1: A narcissistic heteronormative thoughts.
Speaker 3: I think that they're that you see, obsessed with seeing you and your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Fuck no, he wants to see a fifteen year old jerk off.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, he's also grossed out by you, know, the same way grossed out by him.
Speaker 1: He's grossed out by you, same side, different coin, uh or a different side, same coin.
Speaker 4: The to putting up privacy film over windows, pulling down blinds, and holding my breath every time I walk past his door, praying he doesn't come out. He doesn't happen to come out while I'm walking past, girl, he's gonna one day I go, hey, all right.
Speaker 1: See you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I said, this is a small town and this next twist I did not see coming.
Speaker 1: Uh oh Okay.
Speaker 4: John made an appearance at a town council meeting to clear his name bold.
Speaker 1: I watched a recording you're obsessed with him. No, I get it. He stands up there and announces what happened.
Speaker 4: He states that he was coerced into making a false confession under false pretenses by a vigilante group who purport to expose sexual predators, but whose real goal is to destroy for lives for views and likes.
Speaker 3: And I actually agree with his assessment of that. Yeah, I mean, those people do certainly exist. But there's think that John is right about.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know.
Speaker 3: I think he one hundred percent was looking to meet a fifteen year old. But I think these online vigilantes are doing it for views and likes, not actually because they care so deeply about keeping files off the street. That's not really a cause that anyone I don't think actually.
Speaker 1: Cares that much about.
Speaker 3: And specifically, I don't think that this is the way if you really want to solve the problem. I don't think this is the way to do it. I think this is actually a way to ruin more lives.
Speaker 4: Yes, this group uses decoys on dating apps who pose as an undera Oh God, okay, Jesus Christ. This group uses decoys on dating apps who pose as underage people to get adults to agree to meet up.
Speaker 1: But this is not part of the FEDS. Like, this is not an official thing.
Speaker 4: It's just like a bunch of a bunch of people wanting to catch pedophiles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's lots of online vigilantes, including some comedians that do work like this.
Speaker 1: Weird. It's extremely dangird.
Speaker 3: And also like that's weird. You know, you don't know exactly what you're doing. There could actually be a mixed miscommunicated. I don't think this was a miscommunication, but there could be miscommunication, and you're ruining somebody.
Speaker 1: You're ruining someone the entire family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's what people like irresponsible exactly. And and also even like okay, so I don't so. And also like what if this guy maybe he never acts on it before whatever, Like you think that the solution or like what he deserves is to kill himself.
Speaker 1: I also don't think that's a good help you. No.
Speaker 4: This group uses decoys on dating apps who poses underage people to get adults to agree to meet up, and then they confront the predators on camera and post the videos on the internet.
Speaker 1: A modern day to catch a predator.
Speaker 4: What happened to John was they confronted him with a camera and agreed upon location where they state he was meeting up with a fifteen year old boy and familiar So John goes on in this council meeting to say that the confrontation was frightening, stressful, and confounding.
Speaker 1: He says, uh.
Speaker 4: He says that this organization is not supported by any of the local law agencies and that our local prosecutor's office does not condone this vigilanty activity. I mean yeah, because they could be fucking getting themselves into trouble. What if you're fucking with somebody who's got like a bunch of guns in a temper. He says he never believed the decoy he was talking to was a miner, and that he agreed to meet in a public place because it would allow me to observe him before going any further.
Speaker 1: Okay, now he's out in himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this seems like you're saying too much, John, and shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Less is more meeting before going in front of the whole town.
Speaker 4: He says the recording was taken under extreme duress and that he'd been charged with criminal offenses based on it. He said he's been humiliated and the financial cost has been staggering. He says he will not succumb to social isolation, and that his friend's family and coworkers have been supportive of him. He has asked his neighbors, oh me you to uphold the tenants that he is innocent until proven guilty.
Speaker 3: There are some things you can't do with that with and anything in the pedophile spectrum are is one of those things. And that's the problem with the visual anti work. It's a sense you cannot get off you.
Speaker 4: Ever, as if I wasn't already confused enough, I seriously cannot explain how much I don't know what to think.
Speaker 1: Assuming he was guilty.
Speaker 4: After watching the first video, I really imagined he would stay hold up in his apartment, get fired from his job, and maybe even move away. The reason it felt great to me in the first place was because of how this vigilante group operates. I wondered how much their mission in quotes should be taken on face value versus how much they do what they do for Internet praise and for being the good guys, if any of it is faked on their end to make the videos more compelling, and how much of a trusted source they really are there, you go critical thinking it's what's for dinner. I just don't know what to think from the start. I just didn't know what to think from the start. I went down a rabbit hole of their videos, disgusted and disturbed by video after video of men legendly thinking they were meeting up with fourteen and fifteen year olds. But now that John has stood up in front of the whole town, in front of a council who I know for a fact, all know him personally. I mean, look, if we were thinking about it strategy wise, he could have done that on purpose of that. When he does fucking get caught, he could say both, I'm a leader in the community and claimed victimhood. I am shocked and confused. But the fact that I can't shake. The fact that I can't shake is that, according to the original video, he went to meet up with someone who told them they were fifteen. In his council address, he doesn't really explain this, well, yeah, because he probably thought they were fifteen, and he's lying. He says he didn't believe for a moment that this person was actually a miner.
Speaker 1: It's called lying.
Speaker 4: And why would he have met up with someone he thought was lying about being fifteen, because he's lying.
Speaker 1: He's lying. This is okay, so welcome to the world. Motherfucker's lying. It's it's a little bit, it's a lot. It's a lot. It's alarming.
Speaker 3: How just you're like rap you rapidly like change your their thoughts and opinion like and I also didn't know, she I guess maybe we knew. We knew initially that she sent us like after twenty four hours, you need to take a pause and life.
Speaker 4: A lot of well, I know, I I love that these crazy things happen.
Speaker 1: She's like, I gotta write credit Christian.
Speaker 3: Ye, you're having knee reactions right and left, Like I don't even think you've you've can say him down, You're you're putting things on your windows, you're covered. How about taking a fucking breath and sitting down and really thinking about this, because honestly, right now you're thinking about whether or not you want to be friends with John. I don't think John should be friends with you. But no matter what he did, you're not a good friend for him. If you turned him on him this quickly to this, I wouldn't want.
Speaker 1: A friend like you.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't I wouldn't you turn your back immediately based on one immediately, Yeah, you're there. You're the kind of friend who, like a comedian, gets canceled they read one BuzzFeed article about them, and you're on the side of BuzzFeed.
Speaker 1: You're not a good friend. You're not a good friend, but you got you gotta ride or die with the homies. Yeah, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: And also, if you were friends, you talk to the guy and be like, yeah, yeah, what's up? What's this about? What's this about? You knock on his door and not wait for him to peek into your fucking sun roof.
Speaker 3: John knows what you're doing. John knows you're avoiding him. John knows you're covering your windows.
Speaker 4: It's so passive. I hate passive aggressiveness. Yeah, nuts, just be aggressive, either confront him or act normally. All this in between ship is pussy ass baby shotting like my mom and doesn't really add up. He also started in the original.
Speaker 3: Now she's doing that, she's turning into an internet sleuth. The thing that oh god, who is that girl who was missing because her boyfriend killed her? That was missing in the desert for a while and everyone turned into an h Yeah, shoot, yeah, I forget well because internet flu thing like really fucked up that case and made it go on way longer than and then now you're doing that ship. We gotta stun the internet. Yeah, you gotta stop at the gay internet slew thing. There was a reason that investigators, our investors.
Speaker 2: They both got killed, didn't they happened?
Speaker 4: He was he was in his parents house and like hiding out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, law is still alive. It's on there. Okay.
Speaker 4: So after a week of having this on my mind, I've just been stuck on thinking it's gross and weird. No one, no matter what the laws are. Okay, you're just saying the same thing. Uh Like, no matter what, I'm skithed out by sixty something year old who likes such young men.
Speaker 1: Okay, side cool.
Speaker 4: I feel like there is something off with someone who never moves on from wanting to be with eighteen to twenty year olds.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, Okay, But.
Speaker 4: At the same time, if no laws are broken, and if you really hasn't actually been with minors, but how.
Speaker 1: Could I be sure? Who cares? Oh, Brian Laundry is that bard? I'm googling Brian laundry's stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a long email.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: We did the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, read.
Speaker 5: Letter.
Speaker 3: We don't need to know your entire internal please, Jesus, we have enough going on in.
Speaker 1: Our own head. I know so much, my lord, no idea. That's why consciousness over here. Yes, that's why when people are like, how dare you not speak? Bitch?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm not going to read the rest of it. But you'll be fine, girl, You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, just just just don't be friends with him. Wait, we have time for one more email? Me make sure? Okay, this fine? Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 4: How many minutes do we have, Mike, We're at forty seven? Okay, all right, Oh this is oh this is an episode episode oka?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, okay, so we'll do two more. This is mine. Okay.
Speaker 3: Do I tell my father that his father your grandpa said? Are we trying to make things as actually as complicated as possible? Do I tell my father that his father for email, now, my grandpa said sexually explicit things to my sister and I to explain why he isn't invited to my wedding?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do I tell my father why my grandpa hasn't invited to my wedding.
Speaker 3: That would be simpler, just I mean, it's like, come on, guys, Hi current, Christina, Eric, and Mike if you're still there. I have been a long time listener and luminary subscriber. I've seen you both do stand up in New York and Chicago, and you always kill it. Thank you so much for doing what you do. I trually look up to you both. My fiance and I have been together for seven years. We're both why so long? You know, just get do it. We're both dood or del fuck. We're both thirty e live in Chicago and our newly engaged. We started play our wedding and are super excited. The only problem that I've run into is whether or not to invite my father's parents.
Speaker 1: Sure wedding girl.
Speaker 3: The short version is I cannot stand them. They are creepy and weird, and I haven't seen them in six years. The long version is I'm ninety nine percent sure that my grandfather molested me as a child. Since I was a young kid, I always had a memory of someone touching me in the shower. My memory of this doesn't allow me to picture who was doing it to me. But I can remember the shower, and if my memory serves me, it is my grandparents' shower. My mom has also told me that my parents left me at my grandparents house for the weekend once when I was little, and when they came to pick me up, I was furiously biting my fingernails down to the nail beds. According to my mother, I had never done this before. Okay, well, then it seems like your parents needed to parent in that moment and didn't. Not just but they didn't need to just regel you with the story of your nail beds. Jesus fucking Christ. My grandfather also said creepy things to me at my sister's graduation party. Specifically, he said, wow, you have got to be the prettiest granddaughter in a very very creepy way.
Speaker 1: My grandmother heard it and did nothing. I just walked away.
Speaker 3: Over time, I started to tell my sisters of my suspicions, and my younger sister shared that when she was little, like around six years old, he described in detail to her how he lost his virginity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a problem, puzzle pedophile.
Speaker 3: She said that they were in his car so she couldn't walk away, but as soon as they got home, she immediately ran into the house. She said he never touched her, but hearing this makes me want to lose my mind, like myself. She never told my parents. My parents are not aware of any of this. The reason this is connected to my wedding is because I know that my dad is going to want to invite my grandparents.
Speaker 1: Well it's not his wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he used to be pretty reasonable, but recently he seems like he's fully not fully their cognitive Wait, your dad or your grandpa, I would say to Dad. He flies off the handle easily and says, off the wall. Shit, Yeah, it's called aging. Recently, I mean, yeah, your parents are just gonna get Your parents are just gonna get a little whack yer in these later years, and you just got to roll with it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Recently he has become very defensive over his side of the family and blames us, my mom, my sisters, and I for his poor relationship with them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think we don't.
Speaker 3: I think what we failed to realize with parents is like, yeah, you know how we're having all these aha moments as where the children growing up? Yeah, your parents are too. They're not just fucking lost in time. Okay, they're not just they don't just freeze. They are also developing emotionally, having aha moments, self reflecting, even tho if they're not doing it the same way we are as millennials or you know or meybeing you're yeah, I guess you're so millennial.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. At thirty, it's like they're still having these uh.
Speaker 3: Actualizations too, So like it's almost a little bit demeaning the way we speak about our parents sometimes, like they are still fucking developing as humans, even if they're not doing it the way that we are doing it and seeing a therapist, so like relax, to be honest, sometimes I don't even want him there.
Speaker 1: But that's for another email.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like there's a bit of a loss of empathy in some of these emails for our parents. My mom has made it very clear that it is my decision to invite who I would like, and they will stay completely out of the planning unless I want help. I just don't think that my dad feels the same way when it comes to his parents. I guess what I'm asking is if my dad digs his heels in about inviting his parents, Do I tell him about his dad being a complete creep so he understands why I refuse to interact or communicate with him. I would tell him whether or not they're invited to the wedding, because he should know. I don't know if I'm comfortable telling them about my molestation suspicion because I'm not one hundred percent sure it was him, and yeah, that's a big claim to make if you're not sure, but I would definitely tell them that he has made uncomfortable comments about my looks. My sister explicitly told me to tell my parents what he said to her if anything is ever brought up, because she doesn't want to do it herself, but wants them to know that our grandfather is a complete creep.
Speaker 1: So she's your sister's making it your problem. That's fun.
Speaker 3: No matter what, my grandparents are not coming. The only question is whether or not to disclose why I refuse she around them. I know the question is hypothetical, but it's very likely that my dad will push back I break the news that my grandparents are not invited.
Speaker 1: Any advice is appreciated, thank you.
Speaker 4: I would just say like, Hey, just so you know, I've been talked to my grandparents, your parents that in six years. It's because they've always given me a really creepy feeling, and I've had a lot of memories of suspected creepiness happened, but nothing that I could confirm that. I talked to my sister and she confirmed some very creepy stories. He is allowed nowhere near my wedding. Yeah, also, clothes, cut the cord. If you're getting fucking married, it doesn't matter what. You have to stand up to your parents. They have no set they're not are they paying for your wedding? Even if they're not in the marriage, they're not getting married. It's so strange, you guys all you need to cut the cords a little bit more between you and your families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cut it out. And they were talking to me again. Okay, necessarily that, I mean, that's.
Speaker 3: Your choice, but like, yeah, it's just like it seems like it's like either it's either like people don't talk to their parents at all, or they or they're everything they do, they're calling mom and dad.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I feel like people feel imprisoned to their parents' opinions because they forget that, like you're you're the you're the keeper of your own life. Your parents actually don't have a say, you just think they do, like they're in a jail cell the doors wide open.
Speaker 1: A functioning family.
Speaker 3: What should be happening is your parents are spending you know, your youth, giving you the tools to go out there on your own, and also hopefully teaching you how to critically think. And yeah, like the template will involve their religious views, their political views, their social views, but hopefully it will also include like a yearning and a want to know the truth and discover things for yourself. And then you go out into the world and you take you look at what your parents gave you, and you throw some of it away, you alter some of it, you keep some of it, and then you create your own thing and then you pass that along to your children, if you have children, and then they do the same thing. Okay, you're not just some carbon copy of your parents. You also don't need to be the complete antithesis of your parents just because you hate them. I mean, like that's an overcorrect because even if you're doing that, like if you're rebelling against them and you hate the way you grow up, you're in a way if you're just the antithesis of your parents.
Speaker 1: You are still that way because your parents, because it's against them. Right, you're living.
Speaker 4: Oh you're you're still kind of their puppet. Yeah, and you're not your own person. It's gotta be your own person. Be your own person, all right. Last email, my boyfriend called me by a six year old daughter's name. I mean that can I know I'm already reading too much time, that's uh yeah, I mean I've I've only ever called almost I've almost called boyfriends another boyfriend's name. So many times I go through phases of doing that. I'm like, oh, I almost called you, Steve. I'm like, hey, times did it?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: And then I'll like not do it for a year.
Speaker 3: Sometimes have you ever like been hanging out with like a boyfriend and literally forgotten their name. Sometimes I'll just black out and completely forgot what their name is.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I'll feel like you because last time I was in a long term relationship was with this other person. So I'll feel like I'll call my current boyfriend a nickname I had for my last boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's You're just kind of like you know it's recite.
Speaker 3: It's all yeah, we're all everyone's replace people and we're just going through the motions.
Speaker 4: No one really means anything. Guys, we fucked. I'm a twenty six year old woman. My boyfriend's thirty four thirty four year old man. We've been together for eight months. When we met, I was not looking to date because I'm a serial monogamist. Huh okay. I also can't stand children. He has three, two boys and one girl.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a great fit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always thought the way he obviously favors his daughter was strange, okay, but just assumed it was because I don't have healthy relationships with my parents.
Speaker 1: Could be I gotta says a lot, though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when you don't have that kind of bond and you see it, you caught part of you that's like angry you didn't get that projects of like, well that's fucking creepy and weird.
Speaker 1: Now maybe it's just love.
Speaker 3: No, but also just the same way mom's favorite sons a lot, dad's favor daughters.
Speaker 1: It's just the way. It's weird.
Speaker 4: Uh. The other night, though we were both up late, he was playing video games. I was drinking wine. Watching scary movies and all the kids were asleep. Suddenly he said his daughter's name, so I thought she had woken up, But then he said her name again, and then I turned and realized he was talking to me. So all I said was I'm not this girl's name, not her real Oh okay, I'm not Amy, not her real name.
Speaker 1: He apologized and said that was weird. I said, yeah, you should go to sleep.
Speaker 4: I've never dated anybody with children, but ever since that night, I can't help but feel like I'm in the way of him and his daughter.
Speaker 1: No, he just has a daughter and he talks to her a lot.
Speaker 3: Miss, this was a huge leap. This was a huge She's one of the huge leaps, and guys, we history. I'm actually gonna say, okay, you not.
Speaker 1: All men want to fuck their daughter.
Speaker 3: He accidentally told you his daughter's name once, which is the name that I'm sure he uses one hundred times a day, and then you left to you're dating a.
Speaker 6: Pedophileh have our patients also at the end of this episode.
Speaker 4: But also, come on, girls, I'll jump a conclusion sometimes, but that that's a lot.
Speaker 3: The theme of this episode is looking for huge problems where there are.
Speaker 1: Ye, I will say, I imagine your life is pretty peaceful. Otherwise if this is the thing you're worried about and writing is for, ye, he's not. I don't think he's interested in his daughter in more than being her dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure he thinks of her like as a little sweet princess.
Speaker 1: But again, like, yeah, it's a dynamic that happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's normal for the dad to seemingly favor the daughter. That's just because my little girl looks at his sons as pop is Like it's almost like a self hate thing, like right, Like men know how dad, many men can be and they see women in a different light, So he sees his daughter in a different light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like so fucking common.
Speaker 3: It's the same way why boy moms hate every girlfriend. It's so it's self hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It's self hate because they know the way they that they've manipulated men over the years, and they don't want that that happening to their son.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, this is fucking one on one that makes sense. Yeah, stop, oh my god, all right, guys.
Speaker 3: And it's also not now it's weird that you're thinking about it so much. Yeah, I mean, look, maybe you're a pedofile. No, we do live in a world where there's a lot of pedophiles. There are a lot of them, and it's disturbing. But I think your boyfriend's one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, I mean, like pedophile you can usually pretty much do by looking at him.
Speaker 1: This is very salt salts the earth guy. Yeah, it's like he works at an AutoZone.
Speaker 4: I've never known a picture works at a something more.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a picture of a pedophile and gone, oh that was a shocking photo.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, wow, I didn't get pedophile vibes from him at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every time you get a picture of a pedophile, you go, how was everyone in the town not pointing.
Speaker 1: At this guy? Yeah, he's something in the eyes. He has a.
Speaker 3: Bagged party city pedophile costume on. Yeah, pedophiles seem to go out of their way to let us know with everything about their outward appearance that their pedophiles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and are really bad hiding. They're really bad hiding stuff. Oh my god, they're so bad, I mean, thank god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but your boyfriend's on a pedophile Yay, congratulations.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, this has been Guys We Fucked, the anti slut shaming podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday. Bye, Guys.
Speaker 1: We Fucked is presented by Luminary.
Speaker 4: Created and hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli.
Speaker 1: Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen suck my wet ass pussy. Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in their Yeah, let's keep it. Who cares.
Speaker 5: You then? Will this send you? Say around you there, pretending that they know how hands times you do that? Say your joy pleading penal guyes a misterus.
Speaker 4: Way joy pleading.
Speaker 5: Handsomething brings you back. He each tie, the side softens along the way it shows up, but the joy baking and the light moves along. Sunday, You're two feet a long pogrow enjoyed glading. You know bis mists way.
Speaker 2: Joy glad.
Speaker 5: Then slums and brings you bad. He each time