Speaker 1: Hello puzzlers, and welcome to the Puzzler Podcast, the home of your daily puzzle fixed. I am your host, AJ Jacobs, and joining me today is our very own chief puzzle Officer, Greg Pliska, Greg, what have you cooked up for me and the puzzlers today?
Speaker 2: Aj? Today, I have a little puzzle inspired by Lady Gaga.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, Lady Gaga? All right. I wouldn't say I'm a full on little monster, but maybe a very little monster.
Speaker 2: A very teeny monster, a teeny monster, half monster webster. Yes, what is?
Speaker 1: What does she inspire you to do this time?
Speaker 2: Are you? You're probably familiar with the song poker Face.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: Poker Face. That's a that's the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So these are all two word phrases of the same form p something f something.
Speaker 1: Like poker gotcha.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll give you a clue to the phrase and you give me the answer. But you have to sing it like lady Lady Gaga. Oh poker face, right, you got to give us a little rendition of it.
Speaker 1: Oh that? Oh, so I have to actually sing it? Are you sure that that's what our listeners?
Speaker 2: I'm not so it be kind of rhythmic with it.
Speaker 1: You know, and how many when she does the how many PA pus does she do in poker face?
Speaker 2: I mean it's seven, but we're not seven. We're not gonna have all right, we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: Let's we'll do like four.
Speaker 2: We don't see what feels good. Okay, this is this is a cover. It's not the original. You can do your cover version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is my interpreting. All right, I will do my best. I will do it on both accounts.
Speaker 2: All right. One first one a financial institution that collects regular contributions from employers to provide retirement income for employees.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I know this one. Yeah, the retirement institution would be well, I guess I have to sing it right, So this could be another hit for her. Pa pa PA pension fund.
Speaker 2: Pension fund exactly, Pa pa PA pension fund. Yes, you are correct. All right. Here's another one. Pog juice is made from orange guava and this small round citrus.
Speaker 1: Oh, and that's a real thing. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: It is a real thing. It was more popular back in the day, but it's it is a real thing.
Speaker 1: That's a great That is a great crossword puzzle word. Pog I don't know why I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think pog Juice inspired those little those round toys you played with the POGs. I remember the caps to the pog juicery.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I think I got the answer while you were talking. I figured it out as Papa passion fruit.
Speaker 2: Yes, very good, Lady Gaga is jealous right now, I've got passion fruit is the third ingredient. All right, here's another one.
Speaker 1: Apologies to the listeners again.
Speaker 2: This white boundary marker symbolizes the ideal American middle class home.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I know that because it's like the phrase. It's like, you know, Mom's apple pie and a white Papa picket fence exactly. I have no idea how poker face goes aside from.
Speaker 2: You're doing great, You're doing great. Okay. In fact, this is like when Weird Al does his version of poker face, it's going to be picket fence now, gota, Yes, all right, a couple more for you. If a player gets six of these infractions in the w NBA or in the NBA, she is out for the remainder of the game.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, well, I'm thinking an infraction, uh in sports is usually penalty, but it's notice.
Speaker 2: No basketball, what do you Someone has got a if you, if you, if you hit another player while they're trying to shoot.
Speaker 1: You, punch in the face, punch face.
Speaker 2: This word, the F word is the infraction part here.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, okay, there you go, a personal foul.
Speaker 2: Exactly, personal foul. All right, let's do one more. This is the actor who played the grandfather in The Princess Bride and the title detective on Colombo.
Speaker 1: Oh, I do love, I love. And another one of my favorites, the in Laws.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, brilliant serpentine.
Speaker 1: And his name would be Peter Fock.
Speaker 2: Well done. You got a perfect five on that, Adam, four and a half maybe, okay, very good?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you Greg. Those are awesome. And do you have an extra credit for our puzzlers at home?
Speaker 2: Indeed I do, Okay, puzzlers puzzle on this burial place for unknown people taken from a phrase in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you again, Greg, And remember, puzzlers, please subscribe to the Puzzler podcast and I will meet you here tomorrow for more puzzling puzzles that will puzzle you puzzlingly.
Speaker 2: Hello puzzlers. Chief Puzzle Officer, Greg Pliska here released from the Puzzle Lab to give you the extra credit answer from our previous show. We played Name that Title with Monica Padman and Dak Shephard, which was all about title drops movie quotes where the title of the movie is spoken, and this was your extra credit clue.
Speaker 1: But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain and an athlete and a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Since you yours title job?
Speaker 2: And the answer, of course is the Great Brat Pack film The Breakfast Club. And you know, I like to think of you all as our breakfast club because I hope each of you gets up every morning, has a healthy breakfast and listens to the Puzzler podcast. Catch you next time. Thanks for playing along with the team here at the Puzzler. I'm Greg Pliska, your chief Puzzle Officer. Our executive producers are Neelie Lohman and Adam Neuhouse of New House Ideas and Lindsay Hoffman of iHeart Podcasts. The show is produced by Jody Abergan and Brittany brown Let Productions. Our associate producer is Andrea Schoenberg. The Puzzler with Ajjacobs is a co production with New House Ideas and is distributed by Ostriches adapt No, it's distributed by iHeart Podcasts, So though Ostriches do in fact adapt, don't they. If you want to know more about puzzling puzzles, please check out the book The Puzzler by AJ Jacobs, a history of puzzles that The New York Times called fun and funny. It features an original puzzle hunt by yours Truly and is available wherever you get your books and puzzlers. For all your puzzling needs, go visit the puzzler dot com. See you there,