Speaker 1: History, What you've done. What you guys should throw a platform.
Speaker 2: That into worlds.
Speaker 1: This morning shoe.
Speaker 3: DJ injury every playing by recking, I made it just hilarious.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I didn't keep out of breas clubs.
Speaker 1: Charlage.
Speaker 5: The GOP made you think they're liking a controversial question to take his fus.
Speaker 1: I like, thanks breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo yoess hilarious.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Charlomagne, the GOP piasto up playing it is Friday, Yes, it's Friday, the weekend.
Speaker 1: It's here. My voice cracked like Fergus singing the national anthem a little bit. I know, pretty pretty bad. How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: How y'all? Have I feel good?
Speaker 8: I am definitely extra morning Sidney, extra morning Sicky.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do have already?
Speaker 8: No no, no, no no. Sometimes it doesn't even like come with the vomit of it all. It's just like the feeling of nauseousness, yes, and like the like my chest, like what's going on? What you're doing in there?
Speaker 1: You're pregnant?
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, but that's.
Speaker 2: Why I'm asking her, like, what are you doing in there?
Speaker 1: Like Jesus second tryster.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, I just heard that, but we're gonna let it slide.
Speaker 1: But yes, yes, what.
Speaker 2: You were here?
Speaker 6: Just did you say what is did you say?
Speaker 1: He is she doing in there?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm hoping for?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, you said she like you got the confirmation, but I didn't want to blow it up.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, she, that's so dope. You got a girl that's man.
Speaker 2: We got no confirmation.
Speaker 6: Okay, manifesting, manifested, manifested girl, she's.
Speaker 1: Definitely about to have another boy. Now you talk.
Speaker 9: I thought I was manifesting. It was nothing. Young ladies came out. You ain't got no strong back. If you have strong back, you have a care. My back is very strong because all I can make is queens. Okay, So what you're saying that because men men with weak back can only make girls?
Speaker 1: Are you calling women?
Speaker 6: Week?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: You that what you're doing? You want to join us this week? You want to be I want to get you want to join us this week?
Speaker 6: Shout to all my my thin back women, my medium back women, my large back women, I love me off the back?
Speaker 1: How we get on back?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: You know what we we have We we have a potential.
Speaker 8: We have a potential another potential name that can uh substitute big backs. Cardie dropped the freestyle yesterday. She said, I see y'all getting real big. Third trimester h third trimester back week, third trimester.
Speaker 2: I love third trimester back.
Speaker 1: Now that's disrespect.
Speaker 9: Y'all told you when you walk, when you walk up to a woman and you say, man, are you pregnant, and they not pregnant?
Speaker 2: Won't no, no, no if you will and be like, oh you got a third try master back.
Speaker 6: I told y'all I said that to one person, and she she got on me like that would say maybe fifteen years later. So I'm sure it stuck with her because she was ready to attack me. Boy Jesus, Oh, God bless her, God bless her. Salutor Mario van Peebles. Last night I had a screening for Outlaw Posse. It's the new movie that Mario van Peoples did. It comes out on March first, starts Mario van People. Today's March frescause today comes up.
Speaker 9: Today, Yes, starts Mario van Peoples his son man Dela Van People's DC Young flies in it. Whoopi Goldberg is in Entertainer. Yes, we had a screening for it last night. Woop Goldberg was at the screen and I wanted just to come out with me, but just with sleep right, and so what did your sister say?
Speaker 1: Now? Na is twenty years twenty years old?
Speaker 8: So but it was how you positioned the question. He was like, Jess, you want to go see Whoopy Goldberg? And I was like, what time? And it was like it's like eight thirty. I'm like, well, I'm going to see Woopi Goldburg eight thirty to night. He ain't stay wise, So I told Naya. I was like, now, why do the niggas me? You want to go see Whoopi Goldberg. She was like why did he always do that silver right stuff? Like why do you always right? I said, no, no, no, no, no, Whoopy Goldberg is the lady all the.
Speaker 1: Purple in the view.
Speaker 2: And then she was like, oh my god, no, I forgot. I began, I'm mixed.
Speaker 1: Up, mixed up with who Harriet talk me.
Speaker 4: Right stuff, don't belave my baby is still a millennial.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christy, Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Suther Wood. She wants to come up here. She's she's working on something and when it comes out, she wants to come.
Speaker 6: Across and talk about it. Of course, Yes, and shout out to everybody in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I'm in Atlanta right now.
Speaker 6: Shout out to our our guy Louis V.
Speaker 1: It was his birthday.
Speaker 6: Ferrari Simmons. They had this big bowling event last night. Uh, it was pretty dope, pretty successful. I ran into so many different artists. I seen Young Droe, I've seen t I's son Domani Young.
Speaker 1: Who else?
Speaker 6: I said, Young Droe big boogie.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: So many people were in the building. We just had a good time. I bowl like trash though I ain't even gonna front like trash, horrible, like disrespectful to my whole self and name.
Speaker 1: It was bad. Happy boy day of my guy Louis V.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: Let's start the show. We got d one joining us this morning. Do you want to be joining us?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 6: He's from Louisiana, New Orleans. He is a teacher at Harvard. Uh, and he's a quote unquote Christian rapper.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about him.
Speaker 9: I don't know if he called himself a Christian rapper. But he's definitely a spiritual brother.
Speaker 1: And that's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's got a new children's book called David Found His Sling Shot. He's got a new album called from the Hood to Harvard because he owns Laying on Harvard, And he has a single that dropped it they called luke Warm.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: So we'll chop it up with him in a little bit, and let's get the show cracking. Here's Cardi B. It's called I think they call it a Cardi B freestyle. She goes over to Missy Joint and let's get into it. It's the record Club from Page News.
Speaker 1: Next. I love it all right, I like that Cardi sound focused.
Speaker 9: She said, for real, fat probably got a double chin only yell I took comes after y okay.
Speaker 2: Body looked good in the video too. They dropped the video on the.
Speaker 6: Video to man, what crazy shout the body? All right, Well, let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Good morning tis.
Speaker 8: Good morning, DJ and be Charlemagne the Godess, hilarious, good morning girly.
Speaker 6: Let's let's jump right into it. Trump and Biden working together. Yeah, they were flexing their backbone.
Speaker 8: I guess yesterday was gonna see who do you think you have the strongest presentation. Both President and then Joe Biden and President former President Donald Trump visited the southern border yesterday in the dramatic split screen moment. As a twenty twenty four presidential campaign ramps up and immigration has been a top issue. Now, not only was the split screen of dividing their messages, but they also were vastly different. Now I'm going to play a little bit of both of their speeches. First, I want you to listen to President Biden. Really basically, plea are big, in my opinion, to work with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Take a listening.
Speaker 11: Here's what I would say to mister Trump. Set of playing politics issue, stead of telling members of Congress to block the legislation, join me. We're all join you in telling the Congress to pass this bike artist and border security bill. We can do it together. You know, and I know it's the toughest, most efficient, most effective border security billers country has ever seen. So instead of playing politics for the issue, why don't we just get together and get it done less, Remember who the heck we work for. We worked for the American people, not the Democratic Party, the Republican Party. We worked for the American people.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong say before him.
Speaker 8: You know it's not wrong, but he's delusional of Donald Trump's not getting ready work with him.
Speaker 9: No, listen, we know that. But what Biden is doing is what politicians are supposed to do. It's about the people, not politics. And if you reach out as President Biden and you say, hey, we need to work together to get this done for the American people, and you do it on such a grand stage like that, everybody sees it. So when the Republicans and Donald Trump say no, then that lets people know they don't really care about y'all.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you question.
Speaker 6: You don't think that sounds like a sign of weakness, Like you're the president and you're asking an ex president. Hey, let's work together. I'm the mother from president. I'm supposed to be doing it. Listen, we should have to ask let's work together?
Speaker 1: Can you help me? Brother?
Speaker 7: Like that?
Speaker 9: It's interesting and we all know Donald Trump is the shadow president, and I agree that when the actual president who was voted in has to defer to the shadow president to get something done, then we are in a really bad place. But I'm not mad at it though, because it's twenty twenty four. If that's what you have to do to get Republicans on the same page, do it. And even if you don't get them on the same page, you show the American people that they don't really want to get any.
Speaker 8: But the American people they want a fighter. They don't want to hear hey, come on, come work with me. They don't want to work. They don't want to work with Joe Biden. They don't want they don't believe in those policies.
Speaker 2: They don't care about putting it out there to say, hey, we're trying to work with you.
Speaker 9: He does that all, so what's the point of That's why they bring things to the floor a lot of times, right, They bring through things through the floor so you can get a vote on record, so you can show people trying to get things done and who's really not.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with this.
Speaker 8: Well, let's listen to the difference. Listen to the difference of the message. I don't have a problem with it either. I'm just saying it doesn't work. Republicans are okay with Trump not working with anybody. It is their way or the highway. They don't want to work with anybody. They're proud of that. They're proud of that. They love when Donald Trump says, no, we ain't working with you. You're either gonna do it our way or nothing at all. I hear your point Charlotte made, but I'm leaning towards with envy is saying about no, stop coming in with a spirit of weakness. Let's listen to what Donald Trump said.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to the difference. Now.
Speaker 12: The United States is being overrun by the Biden migrant crime. It's a new form of vicious violation to our country.
Speaker 1: It's migrant crime. We go it Biden migrant crime. But that's a little bit long, so we'll just leave it.
Speaker 12: But every time you hear the term migrant crime, you know where that comes from. Allowing thousands and thousands, and actually millions and millions of people to come, could be fifteen million, could be eighteen million by the time he gets out of office.
Speaker 9: Once again, it's not about the politicians, it's about the people. And I think this is a good way to show the American people that Republicans don't really want to get anything done. Democrats are like, let's solve the problem. Let's work together to solve the problem. Republicans are like, nah, so y'all are politicizing something while people in America are actually suffering.
Speaker 6: I think it's good optics. I think it's the opposite. Honestly, it seems like it shows a sign of weakness. It's kind of like Jess right with her son and just like, excuse me, son, would you mind?
Speaker 1: Let's clean the room. Let's clean your together. Supposed to being like, no, go clean your mother. That's what it sounds. Not the president. Trump is not the president.
Speaker 9: Y'all realize things get done because of bipartisan politics, like to have Republicans and Democrats together.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Trump is not even part of, if anything that.
Speaker 9: Discussing this is like people who get mad when folks like when folks go talk to somebody on the opposite side.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what you have to do.
Speaker 6: That when somebody is willing to discuss and willing to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: We all know. Can we just be clear, Trump one.
Speaker 9: We know this, but you got to show the people this because Republicans are blaming Democrats know they have it not. I'm telling you people are not paying attention like they should. Republicans always blame it on the Democrats. Democrats are letting you know, right now, hey, pleading like you said, tads in front of everybody on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, It's the headline everywhere, Let's work together on getting this done. Trump and now trumping Republicans is still saying no. That's showing the American people that they don't really want to boy.
Speaker 8: But the Trumpers, who are more motivated to vote for him, they're saying, get somebody else to do it. We don't want to work with you, we don't like your policies, and we're okay.
Speaker 6: But the Trump was going to vote for Trump regardless this this This is more so for the independent voters out there who are like, well, damn, you know, they may still be up in the air about who to vote for.
Speaker 1: They they may still be up in there because they don't know who's causing at this stage.
Speaker 9: I still think there's a lot of independent voters out there, Yes, especially because what I keep saying, uh in two thousands, twenty fourth about the Republicans who are the crooks, the Democrats who.
Speaker 1: Are the couch in the couch.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of people who still might be sitting on the couch in November.
Speaker 6: All right, well that is front. What are we talking next hour?
Speaker 2: Well more on migrants.
Speaker 8: Democrat New York City mayor calls for change to the current sanctuary policy. You know, once, once upon time, Democrats were saying, hey, come here, come here. Now they're saying, waite man, hold up now, he should.
Speaker 9: Have listened to Republicans from the beginning. All right, there I got that's somebody who should listen to Republican.
Speaker 6: Jess, Jess, Absolutely, can we please do your chest?
Speaker 1: Just can we? Can we do? Get it off your chest? Together?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: We can?
Speaker 2: Okay, great was asking me about politics?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's a new day. Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait up, whether you're mad or black's time.
Speaker 2: To get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this Blake? What's up? Every what's up?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 1: How you feeling.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm calling him talking about old First of all, good morning y'all. Just uh, come on, man ring it everybody whatever? All right, So look, I agree with Charla man if y'all don't. If y'all remember they had about partisan deal and they backed out, the Republicans backed out because Trump told.
Speaker 1: Us to do so, that's right.
Speaker 7: But you have to recognize the power that he has even though he's not in office, he has the power he has then.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: So about reaching out to him. You going to the head. You're not going to the body anymore. You go to the head. Hey, call call your dogs though.
Speaker 1: That's right, he's the shadow president.
Speaker 9: If that's if, that's what you gotta do to get things done, because you actually care about people and now politics, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 6: I don't think neither they care about people. Honestly, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 9: Point definite piece, Yes, of course quick, Okay.
Speaker 13: The interviewed y'all sea with Miss Tad.
Speaker 1: With miss who Miss Tagia Brown. Tabitha, Oh absolutely flew the Tabitha Yes absolutely, that.
Speaker 14: Is a great interview.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Tabitha Brown talking about by Partian gift between Democratic and Republican parties.
Speaker 15: Let's not forget.
Speaker 16: In twenty twenty, bind And got on stage and said, we're letting then eleven to fourteen million immigrants trump as y'all gonna allow.
Speaker 14: It and stay so this when you talk about Partitan they.
Speaker 5: Already knew this was coming. We're doing it for boat.
Speaker 15: Black people's not giving out the boat like it's to so you need the immigrants supposed.
Speaker 1: To Okay, they knew this was all right, Well, thank you.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't know what she was trying to say, but I'm just going to go with it. I'm not There was a bunch of migrants downstairs this morning. I tell you that much though, because they're building an oyster bar.
Speaker 1: And they were very well dressed.
Speaker 9: Didn't I say that when we walked in a well dressed migrants had on some nice designer clothes.
Speaker 2: But he made sure he said it after we got in the door, like seventeen the well.
Speaker 6: Let me ask the question, how do you know they were migrants?
Speaker 1: Man? Show my guy.
Speaker 2: He keeps trying to get us canceled.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm I'm just asking.
Speaker 2: I mean, trust me, it was very it was like real migranty was it was?
Speaker 1: It was very very obvious.
Speaker 2: And then it was one in front of us, right.
Speaker 8: And so when Charlotmage was like, yeah, there's some some nicely dressed migrants out there, she talked around like what you're saying? Hey, you thought because she had a little target bag and a big butt and she wanted no migrant I was she not like what is that?
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest? Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club in the morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 1: Hey? How's it going? Okay?
Speaker 5: You to worsh you off chest?
Speaker 1: Oh. We wish you a happy weekend too, man, and have a great weekend. We call it from them.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Well you have a good one, sir. We appreciate you for listening.
Speaker 1: Tell nice, but you too, everybody in here. Just be high. I'll produce a tailor. Just walk ad.
Speaker 2: How you how you know?
Speaker 1: How you know?
Speaker 2: That was a migrant and me don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: He said, I thank you for every everything you do. You're very very nice, and.
Speaker 1: That I'm not playing with justin everyone.
Speaker 2: He said, thank you for everything you do for us. We're very very nice. You're very very nice.
Speaker 9: I definitely didn't understand them. I was like, you must have got a translator and shut up.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: Hello, who is chocolate?
Speaker 1: Hey, chocolate? Good morning, chocolate? Good morning?
Speaker 7: You SPP got child?
Speaker 1: You stripper rap everybody?
Speaker 14: Congratulations?
Speaker 2: Thank you baby.
Speaker 6: Charlamagne asked if you're a stripper or your rapper.
Speaker 1: I did not ask that. You just asked that it's not true. Okay, I knew it's one of the two. Now you know it's one of the two. How are you? Chocolate? Good morning?
Speaker 14: I'm fine from Dallas. You want me to free step, we.
Speaker 16: Do not.
Speaker 1: Free style. Shot.
Speaker 14: You're always trying to play somebody.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 14: My name is David. My friends comedy d What.
Speaker 7: My god?
Speaker 2: She said, my name is David. My friends called what's up?
Speaker 1: David? What what you call them for? Chocolate?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 14: From Nallis I call him? Is it weird that just because I'm blind, I can don't. No one wants to date blind person, taking you go out on lunch or anything.
Speaker 1: Blood. No, it's not about blind people.
Speaker 8: And we're not playing them on some stop. So you're saying because you're blind, is it wrong? I mean like, is it wrong for you today?
Speaker 1: Or is it what are you?
Speaker 14: They act like they're like, what if I gonna do you? I'm blind?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was like that weird or means just scared.
Speaker 1: Like what is it I feel?
Speaker 2: I feel you? Have you ever been in a relationship before? All right? And then what happened? You couldn't see where it was going?
Speaker 1: Like man, she got They couldn't see a future for the relationship. Yes, I do.
Speaker 14: I have here my family. He's funny. So yeah, Charlamagne, nobody crazy.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 9: There's somebody out different. Definitely, there's somebody out there for you. You just like any other woman who ain't found the right person.
Speaker 2: You just have a different type of Yeah. Like no, it's definitely somebodyut there for you.
Speaker 1: That's right. Keep looking.
Speaker 6: Well, have a good one chocolate, Keep searching, keep searching, keep.
Speaker 1: Searching, Keep have a good one chocolate.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell y'all fould any time Charlomagne doesn't know what advice he goes. There's always somebody out there for you. That's what you got.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: Why keep looking if you already know that's been a problem the whole.
Speaker 1: Time, because I would have said that to anybody, but you corrected me. So that's right. Keep searching. But like the reality is.
Speaker 9: Like you know, if you're a person that's single, whether you're a man or a woman. Just like we told the dude yesterday that call doing just fix my mess? Can weaver, like, Yo, there's somebody out there for you. You just gotta keep looking. You just found the right person.
Speaker 2: Yet, definitely, don't stop looking.
Speaker 1: I hate this place.
Speaker 6: No, get it off your chest. Eight nun drink five eighty five, one oh five one. Just with the mess coming up?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, real quick though, I before we get to the rumors, I want to say that it is the first day of Women's History Month.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I just I just wanted to say that real quick. That's that.
Speaker 1: We'll be back now. We got the rumor my mess coming up? Yes, with the mess, just with the mess.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's coming up, y'all.
Speaker 1: She said it was coming up. Are you listening? Tell us what she got coming up, and.
Speaker 2: It don't matter, it's gonna be surprise.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is j env just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 6: We are the Breakfast Club. I'm out in Atlanta and let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 1: Real.
Speaker 7: Just go out the mird just don't do just is gonna bring.
Speaker 1: You numbers on the Breakfast Club. Scotty Scotty Stimes.
Speaker 8: Okay, Princess Love foules for divorce from Ray J for the fourth time. Okay, why is this news that's checked back in a few weeks. If that changes, Well, Me sat down for an interview, spoke about his dad.
Speaker 2: Duh, what else he gonna talk about? That's why is that news? Either way?
Speaker 8: Speaking of Big Me, she's expected to come home in twenty twenty five, y'all, allegedly because he requested a shorter sentence to the judge. She was originally supposed to come home in twenty twenty eight. So if y'all do't see him in twenty twenty five, twenty twenty eight, all right. Kiki Palmer murmured to be dating Miami Dolphins star Duke Riley.
Speaker 2: Alright, so what all right?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Jada Pinkett speaks on underpaid actors. I don't know why they give me the most stories like that.
Speaker 8: Jada Pinkett was on the most recent episode of MPR It's a Podcast, and she was asked about black actors being underpaid and her thoughts on how vocal Taraji be Henson was about that.
Speaker 17: My heart broke for Taraji. I was also happy that's how courageous she was to speak about it in the way that she did. One of the things with Taraji she she is the breadwinner of her family. Her pressures would be different than mine. I have to put that out front because you know, if it's time to walk away, that's not always the solution. Because what people don't understand as well with us as black entertainers, we carry a lot of people with us, right. I find that that's unique. There are peers from other cultures that don't necessarily do it that way.
Speaker 2: People will would literally.
Speaker 1: Say, well, you don't need it, you're married to Will.
Speaker 2: I've heard that several times.
Speaker 1: I would love to know who those people are, yeah, because that's crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I want to know how to convey that to a talent like who are these people? Are these people from the studio or these production companies? Like where they're saying this?
Speaker 6: And in jest, are they really meant that in negotiations? Yeah, because you're I think a lot of people would would think that. I don't know if they would say that. I think they would give for a low number of being like, she don't need it, you know what I mean. Right, that's what you think. But you don't actually say that to her.
Speaker 8: You know, she has her own legacy, she has her own like she's an actress as well, you know what I mean, So you don't say that. But for people who forgot or you know, will want to be previous to with Taraji said, we have play number one. I'm just tired of working so hard, being gracious at what I do, getting paid a fraction of the cost.
Speaker 9: I'm tired of hearing.
Speaker 2: My sisters say the same thing over and over.
Speaker 4: I hear people go, you.
Speaker 1: Work a lot, will have to the mas ain't mathing And if.
Speaker 8: I can't fight for them coming up behind me and then want to give I doing I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And Jada, being married to Will by the way, has nothing to do with anything. I'm Jada Pinkin, right, I'm here doing the work. You gotta pay me for the work I'm about to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I just I thought that was interesting that, you know, that was a different take on what Taraji said, Jada giving her her real truth about that. Moving on, Oprah Winfrey steps down from Weight Watchers board. Oprah is leaving a Watchers after almost ten years of being with them. She told the company this week that she ain't coming back, you know, because it's like a whole board and she has to be re elected and all that. And the decision came after she publicly announced that she used weight loss drugs, and the past, Oprah was open about the fact that using weight loss drugs is considered the easy way out, and the fact that she's using them now people are looking at her like, hold up, well, didn't.
Speaker 2: You say that was the easy way out.
Speaker 8: I think that had a play to the fact that she was on the weight Watchers board, you know what I mean. But I always thought that that was kind of, you know, weird and just to say, you know, that's the easy way out when it's really just somebody's preference, you know what, I'm saying because a lot of people work out and they can't lose that weight. And if it's available and it's there and it's a way that you can do it, people are gonna jump on it.
Speaker 2: And it's Oprah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So, according to the documents, her agreement with weight Watchers says that she will not engage in any other weight loss or weight management business, program, product or service. So she still plans to work with the CEO of weight Watches to reduce stigmas surrounding OBC.
Speaker 6: But that's what she on the big portion of it. I thought she owned like a huge percentage of weight Watches. That's what that's what she's giving up her. She's given up that to an organization I forgot the name of it. That's yesterday, and that's I thought it was strange when she came out and said that she used I guess weight loss drugs, whatever it may be, because she came If she didn't say it, nobody would have known. But weight Watches is a program that's supposed to help people lose weight. In the fact that one of the I guess CEOs and owners or percentage owner is using these other drugs.
Speaker 1: It just that says a lot about Oprah and her character. That's very st Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it's good that she actually told the truth because, like you said, nobody would have known if she didn't say anything, just like Fake Joe and them shoes.
Speaker 1: So you know that's right. Don't lie to people you're using weight loss drugs.
Speaker 9: We're trying to say it's weight watches, and imagine folks buying all this weight watch and you're saying yourself, why I'm not losing weight like Oprah. It's because Oprah is actually using weight loss drug same thing. I never understood what Kla was doing weight watched up. I feel like Callus should have step down from weight Watchers too.
Speaker 1: He lost a little weight though when he was on it. I don't remember that had found it again.
Speaker 2: Listen, stop y'all. All right, Two men convicted and jam Master Jay's murdered.
Speaker 8: Twenty two years after jam Master Jay's death, there's finally been a conviction in his murder case. Ronald Washington, who's fifty nine, and Carl Jordan Junior, who's forty, were found guilty by a Brooklyn federal jury. Ronald Washington was his childhood friend and he's the same age. He was the same age as jam Master Jane and Carl Jordan was his godson.
Speaker 1: The Marble.
Speaker 2: Yes, his godson was eighteen at the time of his death. That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Prosecuted say the murder was fueled by revenge and greed and it was a drug deal that had gone wrong. The verdict came after a four week trial. And all of this is according to a Fox eleven news report. We had a report, but I just said everything in the report, Yes, I can read.
Speaker 1: So thanks. Very sad.
Speaker 6: It's great because they finally found the killers and they got you know time. You know, of course they left the courtroom saying they didn't do it, but you know, they had witnesses that actually pointed them out that they said that they were scared to speak up for years now because they were scared of revenge. So I just I'm just glad that you know now hopefully you know, jam Master j arrest in peace and his family have some closure.
Speaker 9: Definitely Master Jason and his family healing energy. Like you said, I hope it brings closure. It's just crazy that you get killed by your godson, Like yeah, the person that if something was to happen today.
Speaker 1: Parents, you have to take your life.
Speaker 8: Lord, have mercy, friends somebody that you grew up with. Man So all right, Jess with the master for the.
Speaker 1: First Thank you, Jess.
Speaker 6: Now when we come back, we got front page news setling figure out will be joining us and d one artist, rapper, teacher, he'll be talking to us next and don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to breakfast club. Good morning, Wake, you're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy, Jesseelarry is Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. What up theres going on?
Speaker 2: DJ and be queen of the Breakfast Club, Jesse silarious, Charlot Mane the God.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Now.
Speaker 6: The last time we were talking about bidis let's jump right back in the body. Whan, jump right back in the Biden. Let's go straight to Biden.
Speaker 8: Well, he took a well he did not take a mental fitness test and said that he doesn't need one. So of course a reporter asked, you know, why didn't when he took yearly physical, why didn't take the mental test?
Speaker 4: This is what she had to say.
Speaker 18: But you were asking me about a cognitive test. The president doesn't need a cognitive test. That is not my assessment. That is the assessment of the president's doctor. That is also the assessment of the neurologist who has also made that assessment as well. And you know, and you have heard to say this, and I'll reiterate this. The president's doctor assessed the president, who is also the commander in chief. He passes a cognitive test every day as he moves from one topic to another topic, trying understanding the granular level of these topics. You saw him talk about fighting crime today. Tomorrow, he's going to go to the border next week, is going to give a State of the Union address, And.
Speaker 4: So we have to keep that in mind.
Speaker 9: I believe all presidents should have to take a cognitive test, regardless of age. I believe anybody in any position of power that you have to lead people should have to take a cognitive test, you know, like like annually.
Speaker 8: I really don't think that's a stretch, Like it's okay to ask you to take take a cognitive test.
Speaker 9: That's right if you are a leader, and you are a leader of people the way presidents are, I don't care. It's not about age. I don't care who you should have to take a cognitive test.
Speaker 8: I really feel that with what Doctor phil was interviewed on tm Z and he was asked should he have to take a mental examine? And Doctor Philip, first of all, he explained how he specialized in brain and central nervous system when he was practicing, which I think is important, and this is what he had to say about really.
Speaker 10: Had nothing to hide. I think you would hide nothing. And if you had no problem with neurological deficits, wouldn't you want to crow about that? Wouldn't you want to have a transparent neurocognitive examination and show the world that was the case that kills the issue in the election?
Speaker 1: Doctor pill, doctor Ville is not wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I leave he definitely needs a test. Now, if you don't know what that test includes, if you're like, well, what is the test included? It does your thinking, you're learning, you're remembering the judgment and also breaking down problems and problems solving. So that's what it does.
Speaker 1: And I'm with Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: I think at certain age, when people do certain things, I think everybody should have to take that test. I don't know what the test actually consists of. But I think that if you're a certain flying a plane, driving a bus, something where you have a lot of power, where people can be affected by you, I think you should be taking these tests as well.
Speaker 9: Anyone in a leadership position, if you serve people, presidents, doctors, police officers, if you serve people on a high level, you should have to take a cognitive test.
Speaker 1: Me it's not even about age, it's just about the position that you're in. But not even that.
Speaker 6: I think even if you own a firearm, you should be tested to make sure that you, you know, you're thinking clearly and thinking straight to be being able to have that much power to possibly kill people, you know.
Speaker 8: I agree, Yeah, And at the very least he should have taken it because this is the number one issue that people have, you know with President Biden, age and memory and you know, the mental fitness. So this certainly would have shut it down, and this will continue to be a conversation, you know, as we go into the election. So it just seemed like it would have made sense, even from a political standpoint. But I want to tell you guys about New York City Mayor Eric Adams, who has want some changes to the NYC sanctuary policy, He's asked for drastic changes, marking this the first time he publicly endorsed a shift that could put undocumented immigrants who are accused of a crime in the hands of ICE.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 19: I don't believe people who are violent in our city and commit repeated crimes should have the privilege of being in our city.
Speaker 20: It comes after recent high profile crimes allegedly committed by migrants, including and As soul on two NYPD officers last month and a tourist shot earlier this month during a robbery inside of a Times Square clothing store. Wednesday, police also responded to a stabbing at a Manhattan shelter.
Speaker 19: To me, in fact, we cannot share with ICE that this person has committed three robberies, that this person is part of an organized gang crew may in fact, we can't say that and can't communicate with that.
Speaker 1: That's problematic for me.
Speaker 9: At some point, Democrats like Mayor Eric Adams need to admit they got it wrong last year when Governor Greg Abbin and Ron DeSantis were sending migrants to those sanctuary cities, and I said that that was genius.
Speaker 1: This is why, Okay, this moment right here is why I.
Speaker 9: Was saying that was genius because eventually Democrats had to admit, Yo, there really truly is a problem. This is a problem that never impacted the Northeast like that. It was impacting the Texas is and the Floridas, but it never impacted the Northeast. So when those Republican governors were saying, hey, this is a problem. You know you didn't you don't believe it. Now we're gonna send it to your door. Now, people like Eric Addams can say, Yo, yeah, they were right. They need to say that those folks were right. And just think about it. Just this past January, when I was out here telling folks what people in New York was telling me about the migrants issue, what people in Chicago were telling me about the migrant issue. Not politicians, regular every day working class people. They were saying, that was maga messaging all how things have changed.
Speaker 6: No, you're right, You're absolutely right, because, like you said, it didn't affect until it came in our own backyard, right when it was a problem in Texas. Somebody in New York doesn't know how that feel. Somebody in Jersey doesn't know how that feels. Somebody's in DC doesn't know how that feels. But when they put it in your own backyard, you'd be like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: That's right, not maga messaging, No more is it, y'all y'all.
Speaker 9: Writing articles on their mess NBC saying I was spreading maga messaging simply talking about the migrants. You'd asked me a simple question on Fox News in November. We bought to be an issue. I was like, absolutely, and I gave I laid out reasons why, because of what people regular, every day working class people from New York to Chicago were telling me.
Speaker 8: Now, look that's right, and you could even bring it up two or three years ago at all, you would automatically be called anti immigrant. Cancel like completely, don't even address the conversation. So mama mine had things changed. You'll say that the advocates for the migrants are saying that this is fueling fear mongering and baseless attacks, and this is going to cause public safety issues because people don't feel comfortable, you know, uh talking to Ice. But you know again, the mayor is saying, if I can't talk to Ice, or deport people who are causing crimes in the city. This ain't gonna work, so we're gonna have to come back and discuss, you know, a better policy. Now at this particular moment, he is not put out there exactly what it is he's looking for or if a conviction would be necessary, but it's basically saying, y'all, no, this ain't it. We're gonna to come back to the table and figure this out because we got to get this under control.
Speaker 9: Can I tell you what's gonna happen next? What's gonna happen next? Is you know, because America is not good at solving problems. And being that America is not good at solving problems, America don't even have the resources to take care of these migrants like they're acting like they do. So what's gonna happen when these migrants can't get taken care of? What are they going to resort to crime? Because they're they're just gonna be trying to survive and where they probably gonna be committing this crime at in the hood, in rural areas like I'm from in South Carolina. And then what's gonna happen? You're gonna have civil wars between people in these hoods, people in these rural areas, and migrants. You're gonna have wars between gangs in these areas and the migrants, all because everybody's just trying to survive.
Speaker 1: America doesn't know how to solve problems man at all.
Speaker 8: And by the way, that's happening now in Chicago. So then we covered that in Chicago south Side, Chicago black folks who are.
Speaker 2: Saying, you know, hey, this ain't it. We don't want you know, these the certain buildings.
Speaker 8: Built here and landing it here quote unquote in the hood or whatever you want to call it, because you're dumping the problem on us and we're trying to survive as well. You know, they always say, what about Chicago, where do you think that crime comes from in the inner city?
Speaker 1: From people trying to survive.
Speaker 8: So now you have one group of people who are trying to survive against another group people trying to survive, And what is the result of that meaning each other eat each other a lot.
Speaker 9: So yes, there's already there's already clashes over resources, like you can go to somebody like you know, I do a lot of work with the food bank in Harlem, you know what I mean. And like a lot of the migrants, they'll go there to get food, as they should. But the people that's been coming there for years, they ain't gonna let them cut the line. So there's already clashes and everything over this stuff. Like America does not know how to solve problems. We've never known how to solve the problem with poverty in this country, and this situation is just gonna make it worse.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is Front Page News.
Speaker 6: Tak of tests.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, have a great weekend, and make sure you follow that Tesla figure out on all social media platforms and subscribe to this gray Shot No Chase of podcasts hosted by Teslor Figuero on The Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast Network.
Speaker 6: All Right, when we come back, artist D one will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with D One. He's a teacher, he's a professor at Harvard. And we'll get into it too.
Speaker 1: So you've got a professor at Harvard.
Speaker 6: He teaches a hip hop class or a rat class.
Speaker 2: No no, no, that's tough university.
Speaker 1: That's not Harvard.
Speaker 2: He went to Harvard.
Speaker 6: He owns laying on Harvard. Okay, we'll let him tell his story. That's right, we'll talk to him. Nexus to the Breakfast Club morning, the Breakfast Club wanting everybody your dj NV just Larry Shawla mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, got the brother d One. Welcome brother, and thank y'all for having me. Man, I didn't know this was your first time up here. I thought for sure you was up there with D One, was up there before you, sirih Bro, I honestly did.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 21: Well, hey, that's a good thing. That's a good thing. That means my presence must be getting felt. You hear me, even if I wasn't here.
Speaker 6: You know, because you running the D one so much, so many times back in the day. You're running the D one a lot.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: Want to just be you know, you be out.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, that you go touching the people. That's that's always been the goal. I've been to your book signers before you heard me in South Carolina. I just sent you backstage at a three C not really working because I never had anything given to me in this industry. So when I stopped being a middle school teacher back in Louisiana, I was like Damn, I'm about to be a rapper.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 21: It was important for me to go out there and make it happen. So how you make it happen you form organic connection. I remember when I was a teacher in Louisiana. I used to be Fredi Bang's middle school teacher. You heard me, like literally, And I remember before I told my class like, look, I'm about to stop eaching after this year to be a rapper. I was like, dang, is there gonna be longevity in the music industry the way there is if I was to stay being a teacher, And all these years later, I'm still here and still a sending you hear me?
Speaker 4: So that's God, Bro, That's why I know my path is divine.
Speaker 21: Nobody could say, well, d you had this person that puts you on God orchestrated my blessings, bro to where nobody could get the credit itself for him From me, you said, you're a fraid O Bang's teacher.
Speaker 1: Did you know when you were teaching him that he was gonna be a rapper, he was gonna be a star? Not at all?
Speaker 21: Now Now I just knew he was a funny little dude. He was cool, he had a sense of humor and he was smart, you know what I mean, And he was not to be played with. He was serious, you know, he was serious about just demanding his respect. But it was just a cool dude.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 22: I did a video with him because you put out an album called Yes I'm Sad, and like, you know, I did a video with him encouraging him to go to go to therapy and then actually connected him with a therapist that's coming out soon.
Speaker 9: He actually sat down with a real therapist. And I don't suggest people broadcasted, but if they want.
Speaker 1: To, I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 9: What the people broadcasts going to therapy, Yeah, I mean, you know though, sitting down like the actual session, like oh, the actual session.
Speaker 1: Didn't doing the actual session, I'm not sure. I'm not really here.
Speaker 9: I think I did that once for VH one, and I never do like that, Yeah, Bro, because it's hard to be transparent, right, you know what I'm saying, Super hard to be I went to therapy.
Speaker 4: Actually right after that BT cipher, I started going to therapy.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 21: I was signed to RCA at the time, right, And you know you're on the BT cipher, you're thinking your life about to change. After this night, Like That's what I was thinking. And nothing changed after that night, you know what I mean? Nothing changed after that night. So I was like, dangn man, and I was feeling like, I know, I'm the underdog in this industry because you know, I'm on some I'm on some righteous stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm on some put God first stuff. I come from New Orleans.
Speaker 21: Like after that, I felt I blew my shot. It started messing with me with me mentally to where I was like, Dang, I kind of don't even want to be here no more, not in the industry, but on this earth. And when I started realizing like that, I'm having suicidal thoughts behind feeling like I'm professionally a failure. I realized I couldn't separate David from d one at that point, and that was unhealthy, you know what I mean. And for the first time in life, I went to therapy because I was like talking to my friends that ain't getting it at this point, talking to my grandma rest in peace, that ain't cutting it at this point. So therapy really did help me. But ultimately what helped me even more than therapy was understanding my God given purpose for like man, I know who my creator is. I know why I was put here, and I was put here to glorify him. So who am I to think that my whole life is a failure because one moment didn't elevate me professionally.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. You know they consider you a Christian rapper, right, I don't know. I don't know if they do or not, you know.
Speaker 6: Because the reason is is I feel like they put you in a box. But there's a lot of rappers that preach positivity and don't preach gang, don't preach guns, don't preach violence, and they're not putting that same box.
Speaker 21: But they seem to put you in that body. You know why, It's because they smart. The other rappers they crafted. I ain't gonna say it's smart. They crafty though they had a positive message. But then they'll sprinkle in some but I smash you girl, you know what I mean? Or like my partners a Cols Spinner Bend and and and and and and and murk you you know what I mean, They're they'll slide a little bit of that in there.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that's I don't think me put the candy in the medicine.
Speaker 1: No, put the medicine in the candy.
Speaker 4: Put the medicine in the caddy. Yeah.
Speaker 21: So that so they and I don't think that that's wise because I it's just like that kind of comes across lukewarm, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So with me, it's one of the things.
Speaker 21: Where I was like, if I got to sacrifice a little bit of professional like growth in order to say I'm gonna be uncompromising about my message, I'm down for it because wherever I get, that's where I was meant to be in God's eyes. You know, a lot of people got selfish ambition, and that's different from godly ambition. What godly ambition is God, I just wanna make you proud, And wherever that lamb me at, I'm content. Selfish ambition is the world telling me to chase being a billionaire, the world telling me this is the newest call to get, the world telling me that this is the brands I need to be rocking. That's selfish ambition that had you chasing or moving target for your whole life. And I never feel victim to that because around the time I was starting to get materialistic, I went to Ghana. When I was thirteen years old, I saw real poverty. I thought I grew up in the hood until I went to Ghana. You feel me, I can't back. Man, I'm not tripping on jibbo jeans no more. I'm not tripping on you know, having a Yeah, have this jewelry and be like the hot boys or whatever.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 21: I just seen people who they joy is they weapon, you know what I mean. I don't need to carry no gun. My joy is my weapon moving forward. I want my smile to light the room up when I come in there. That's what I've been on for a long time. So you apply that to the rap game, and people gonna be like, oh, he different and because he different and he he loved God. He a Christian rapper, you know what I mean? If that's what people call me, cool, But a lot of people they just like nah bro. He's a college professor, he's a Harvard University fellow, he's a dope rapper, he's an activist, he's you know, he's a bunch of things.
Speaker 4: He's an author. This is my children's book.
Speaker 1: I just wrote.
Speaker 4: Yeah so that I wrote that at Harvard last year, and it's.
Speaker 1: Based on you being bullied while growing up, right, Man.
Speaker 21: I used to get bully when I was in kindergarten, you know, like a lot of people. And when I was bullied at the time, I ain't know how to you know, I didn't know how to get over that. So this is an anti bullying hip hop children's book, because yeah, bro, just like the story of David and Goliath, David was able to defeat Goliath.
Speaker 4: When he found his sling shot.
Speaker 21: You feel me, David didn't use nobody else's weapons when they was like, here, take this shield, take this sword.
Speaker 1: He was like, now, I'm good on that. I know what my gift is.
Speaker 21: My gift is using this sling shot. The way I overcame my bully is I found my sling shot. And you know, when you read the book, you realize what my slingshot is. But you realize that we all got a sling shot. And when you find your sling shot in life and you use it for the purpose God designed it for us, you're going to defeat the golias in your world too.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 21: It's life and death in the power of the tongue. That's Proverbs eighteen and twenty one. It don't say life and death in the power of the beat.
Speaker 1: You heard me.
Speaker 21: The beat could change your mood or your frequency, but life and death is in the power of those lyrics. And that's just real, yo. So now it's like, instead of just being the person that's anti anti that, I gotta be just as dope, but in a different lane. So that's why I gotta be at the counter act the murder music with stuff like I don't care if you know me, you're about to respect high step.
Speaker 4: Why would you think I'd ever fear you. I don't even fear death.
Speaker 1: A scare of boy.
Speaker 4: Need a gun like bad breath?
Speaker 1: Need a gun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, your teeth clean. But I know the power of the tongue. I'm a man of God.
Speaker 21: I ain't superstitious from New Orleans, where Birdman quotes get treated like Bible scriptures. But me, I ain't the type to brag about without in boult. I make silent moves, but I get loud results. If d one talk about his pain, you gonna really relate. Do you wanna talk about his paper, You gonna know that he straight. Do you wanna rap on top of your beat? You gonna know that he ate? Do you wanna wrap on top of your beat. You gonna know that he ate you brag about with you then been through Potner. We survivors too, and you calling boys your brothers. But which one's gonna rhyme for you? Ain't no g cole no more but the streets then lie to you. That's why I be in my bag, but I be in my Bible too. They don't like me, but they know they can't deny me. Man, I'm a real gangster and they know right way to find me.
Speaker 1: G A N G S t A.
Speaker 21: Do not try me growing their nurturing gifts, serving the almighty. Keep up a lot of people feel how I be feeling, but don't speak up. I'd be out at Harvard in my office with my feet up. God, why are you so good to me?
Speaker 1: I need answers.
Speaker 4: Slaves built this school. Now I own real estate on campus. That's how I got to come.
Speaker 2: And Charlamagne. I dare you say that, ain't it?
Speaker 18: Bro?
Speaker 1: I dare say you don't say nothing? But of course that was dope. All right? We got more with d one when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the breakfast club, good morning, wanting everybody it's dj En v Jesse, hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud we Are the Breakfast Club were still kicking it with d One Man.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 6: Now, you were very vocal about rappers using their platform, and you spoke about of course me and Jim Jones, Rick Ross, and you were upset with You felt like the music that they put out was hurting the youth opposed to helping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't break that down a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and all those brothers in their music have uplifting songs and positive songs. It's not just all about Bang bang, shoot them up after your girl. But you felt like the singles that they put out were well, I.
Speaker 21: Just feel like we got a lot of selective outrage in the black community in general, a lot of selective outrage. If a white person say the N word one time, all it take is one time for them to say it. We at the top, We on their head. Oh no, you say, damn world? Are we trying to cancel you? We'll never let you forget that. But if artists, if it's like Yo, where they rap about murdering people, you know, in fifty percent of their songs, but in the other fifty percent all in eighty percent of their songs, but twenty percent they rap about economic empowerment and some positive stuff like shouldn't that be okay? We're content with a state of lukewarm this? You know what I'm saying. That's something that I'm just like, Yo, that's confusing. That's confusing to these kids. I'm with the kids on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 21: I'm a college professor currently in addition to being a rapper, Like, I'm seeing that these kids who ain't from the trenches that are now their identity is rooted in like, well, if I'm black, I gotta be able to relate to this type of music to even feel like I'm authentically black. And that's because that's what's getting pushed. And I'm just telling the artists like, bro, we know like we made it from that. We shouldn't have to be glorifying that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a problem.
Speaker 9: What if we switched to our our mindset about how we look into music, Like is there a way to look at the music is just entertainment, the same way we look at movies?
Speaker 1: You you TV show you being serious?
Speaker 10: Right now?
Speaker 1: Are you just playing devil people.
Speaker 6: All these people are in character. It's not like they're saying, hey, my name is such and such that they're all in character.
Speaker 1: We do it in movies and TV shows. We know it's not real, and they glorified even worse, probably than the music.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I don't you're playing.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you, j just get your budd But I also feel like what Charlamin says, not to say it, and I get what you're saying that it's an influence.
Speaker 1: But we know these are rappers. Ain't killing nobody.
Speaker 6: No, we don't know what we can't say. We know they're not runninground shooting nobody. Majority of them, Bro, are you serious? They are heavy.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, thank you bro, you listen.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 1: I just watched y'all show the other day. Bro, I'm a fan of the show.
Speaker 21: First of all, I just watched the show when y'all had my brother French Montana up here, the young brother with French, not the young queen, but the young brother with He was like, y'all, you was like, yo, French smashing of the rappers wives. French was like, nah, that's rap, cap, I'm just saying that. Yeah, the young brother was like, man, I make drill rap, Like what you mean if we ain't living it like Shure, that's lame. We gotta be living it, Seana. Man, they're telling you that, Bro, They're telling you like, no, this ain't just fiction rap, like this is non fiction raps implied to this auto biographical and you're telling your real story.
Speaker 1: You heard me.
Speaker 21: D one is just a stage name. It's not a character. It's an extension of who David Augustine is. That's what rap is, Bro. I could remember my favorite rap lyrics from The Hot Boys from twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't.
Speaker 21: I don't walk around quoting my favorite movies from twenty years ago, line for line from the whole movie. But I could wrap you any little Wayne lyrics from twenty years ago.
Speaker 9: I definitely got me a thirty eight snubnose because of Tupacing Juice. That was a movie, though, That's what I'm saying. I've definitely been I can't see that. I gotta haven't been influenced by movie.
Speaker 21: You get mold though that we're all way more influenced by music than we all movies.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 21: And at the same time, when the last time you seen these actors from movies out here getting killed and getting rico charges and getting putting in it.
Speaker 1: I agree, thank you.
Speaker 21: So since we agree with that, it's clear that like music has this pull on us. But were content with this state of lukewarm in this show I'm telling y'all, And all I'm saying is we all massively successful. Who's sitting here right now, all of us massively successful with our platform? Like I feel called to not make the next generation feel content with saying yeah, like, let's glorify this stuff, but not let's just not go do it in real life.
Speaker 9: I wonder about people's environments too, though, but I feel like the environment you come up and in flo is you way more than music would. I just think the problem sometimes is that people provide soundtracks for the environment.
Speaker 21: Okay, okay, So that's where as OG's in hip hop and as success stories, we should be able to yo to the young is coming up. Let me show you how you can take that environment and make your environment be a product of you because you was chosen.
Speaker 1: You heard me.
Speaker 21: If you're an artist and you got a huge platform, you know what our responsibility is. It's to make the revolution irresistible. It's not to keep feeding lies to people. I didn't have rappers had these type of convoys with me outside the booth, and then the engineer'd be like, all right, the beat is ready, and they leave from their chair, they go hop in the boot and they go kill faulty people in that song.
Speaker 1: But how do you change that? Because you know, how do you change that?
Speaker 6: Because I heard you said in the interview is like, you know a lot of these rappers, you feel are serving two masters, right, yeah, the man upstairs and then or the man and woman upstairs, and then also the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how do you change that? You gotta pick one?
Speaker 21: And who created you? Did money create you? Or did God create you? God created you? So that's what you're supposed to be serving. Don't become a slave to a green piece of paper. Shout out to my brother styles P Man. That's a song of his. I lived my whole life for a green piece of paper, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dang.
Speaker 21: That song hit me back when I was in school because I was like, dang, I don't want to live my whole life for a green piece of paper that could be torn up and then once you teed up it has no value.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 9: Man, When did you first realize you were using your gifts for their intended purpose?
Speaker 21: Well, the first time I did a show, it was a talent show at LSU and I miss a Phoenix Chakor was at my school right tu PAP's mind. And when I got off stage, I didn't win first place, second place, or third place in that talent show. But when I got off stage, she was like, young brother, your passion on that microphone when I see you perform reminds me of my son. And when she told me that, I was like, oh, I got something special. So I'm like, who would I be to have a water down message when I know that this message could be life changing for people in a good, all bad way.
Speaker 9: And you're a professor, right, yeah, Toughs University and you teach students about the intersection of hip hop.
Speaker 21: And social change, Yes, sir, Yeah, So my course that I designed it's all about how hip hop has been used to make social change in the past and how we can use it to make social change moving forward, because unfortunately it's kind of veered in the direction of Yo. I'm just trying to get the bag. I ain't even a rapper. I'm just a game spinner. I'm just a hustler. You know, it's kind of veered in that direction. So people now focused on making change via hip hop right, And I'm just saying yo, as a class, we're going to learn how different artists have been able to use their platform to really make real change. I was on tour with Macclemore when the thrift Shop song came out, doing a nationwide tour with him. I saw the change that they were making, even in the LGBTQ community when they had the same love song. I saw all of the legislation that they were a part of, and how they had people getting married at the shows and all this. I'm seeing real social change be made via hip hop. I done seen the impact that l Fox ones then had on the whole you know, a whole country, make people want So we just study about that stuff in my class, bro, And I'm empowering my class to want to make music, but also consume music that's gonna make change, because why are you consumer music that's glorified? Like one assignment I had for my class was to write Kodak Black, a letter while he was in jail.
Speaker 1: Just now.
Speaker 21: Kodak just got out last week and me and Kodak are cool. So we were dming yesterday and Kodak hit me like, yo, I got all them letters from you and your class.
Speaker 4: He was like, that stuff really inspired me.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 21: Bro y'all snapped. I want to come and visit your class. And I just seen hip hop make people do that. Man, Like, I got adrenaline running through me right now. Man, I'm on the breakfast club. It's gonna make people like want to amplify something inside of them. Thankfully though, because I know I'm serving God. I'm like, amplify the righteousness, and U d like, don't amplify because I got darkness in me too.
Speaker 4: I got wretchedness, I got craziness. I got evil in me as well.
Speaker 9: We all do.
Speaker 21: But I don't want to amplify that part. I try to suppress that part as much as possible. But man, I see people make the wrong decisions every day, and I just try to I try to still be here for we gotta still have grapes with people.
Speaker 6: You feel me will on move. We got more when d one, when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Mourning everybody. It's DJ Envy Jessellarry Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club were still.
Speaker 1: Kicking it with D One Charlamagne.
Speaker 9: You've been propositioned to compromise yourself at different points in this industry, right, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't want if you're not gonna say I'm not.
Speaker 4: That's said, Okay, yeah, said.
Speaker 1: Is it true that you are pressure to participate in homosexual acts?
Speaker 21: Well, major, is it true that you're pressure to participate in homosexual acts for you get that?
Speaker 1: I didn't see that on this It's true.
Speaker 4: No, it's very true. I don't know how you heard that. Maybe you heard another interview or something.
Speaker 21: It's very true. Better that's when I was a local rapper trying to get on. And when people see that, you are vulnerable because they know they got the leverage. There's certain people in this industry who will be like, oh, I think he'll be willing to do something strange for a piece of change, you know what I mean? And I had somebody was trying to get somebody to manage me at the time, and the person I was trying to get to manage me. I drove out of time. I went to a video shoot that they were part of, and during the video shoot we were gonna have a meeting and talk about that. And yeah, that person kind of you know, implied to me like, yo, like ill manage you. You just gotta do something for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you see them managing artists now you like man So actually that person is christ Yeah, bro, No, that's a real thing.
Speaker 11: This ain't.
Speaker 1: No, I'm surprised y'all don't know.
Speaker 4: More stories like that.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: We know a lot of about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's so it's a real thing that I know.
Speaker 21: And unfortunately, so that person they not like some big model nowadays, whatever trajectory they were on, like they fell off. I say that, but I want people to know that story because I could have said yes, and I could have had something. To this day, that's a huge skeleton in my closet that I'm like, damn bro, Like I'm traumatized behind that.
Speaker 4: And I had to do that to get on.
Speaker 1: All I had to do to get on was.
Speaker 4: Be real, be righteous, and be relevant, keep God first.
Speaker 9: Man absolutely, And after one last think about in Posita syndrome, was you got a record in positive syndrome, and you're clearly at a place of worthy right now.
Speaker 1: So when did you get to that place of worthy and was able to say, you know what, I know who I am.
Speaker 21: Anytime I'm entering a space where I feel like I'm being tolerated and not celebrated, shout out to you for that.
Speaker 1: I got that from you.
Speaker 21: I still feel a sense of imposta syndrome in the music industry. For the most part. I feel like they tolerate me, but they don't celebrate me. Right my fans, man, my fans want me to win so bad. That's why my fans like, we'll name our own price, d we'll pay for your album. We'll go stream it too, but we'll pay up to a thousand dollars for your album. I got fans that love me, But the industry, bro, I still feel like they're like, dang, you got so many followers. He making so much noise. We gotta let him on there, so we gotta open this door for him. But they just tolerate me, they don't necessarily celebrate me. So I still feel impasta syndrome a lot of times when I'm in industry spaces because you can kind of tell when people are like, you're too big and too powerful at this point to not have you here. But we ain't necessarily like championing you. Like you can see the industry pushing some people to the forefront, you know what I'm saying. So it keeps me humble, It keeps me with a chip on my shoulder. It keeps me feeling like I'm that underdog from New Orleans. I'm David with moga lives to have to fight.
Speaker 9: You think it's more like Sharif In minutes though, it's like, oh here comes d One again. He about to preach us and tell us put the weed down and put the liquor down.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 21: That's I don't, bro, cause I never get that from people. They're like, man, you come across preachy or anything like that. I'm passionate. But that's why I'm able to be on the phone with a Boosie, on the phone with a Kodak black, you know what I mean, kicking it with man in fresh juvenile like all these like, Man, I'm just a regular dude, bro, I'm really just a regular dude who is simply not a slave to money. And I know who I serve who is who we say we all serve, which is gone. So because of that, cool, man, I can't be content with things that's not glorifying God. That's happening all my watching in my space. Bro, I'm on the breakfast club right now. Man, I gotta say some stuff that's gonna impact people even after we long gone and we're not on this earth no more.
Speaker 9: I understand it because the negative is definitely amplified. So when people say things like, man, how come do you want just don't reach out to some of these people personally, I mean, you got to say what you're saying about the positive, and you got to amplify that too, right Like that gotta be saying publicly. If the negative is public thank you, bro, thank you listen man, public actions deserve public responses.
Speaker 4: We have an industry that is putting this music out publicly every day.
Speaker 21: If I go on every playlist in the world right now, it's being curated with murder music, with music that's disrespecting our women, that's glorifying drug Dealing with.
Speaker 4: That being said, man, it's got to be addressed publicly.
Speaker 21: It can't be like why you're gonna hit all these individual artists up behind the scenes, and I'm not interested in let me go at the industry.
Speaker 4: Who is the industry? I don't know who the industry is.
Speaker 21: Y'all had Leo corten on here talking about a A I got miles to feed too. You know what I'm saying, man, Listen, America doesn't want to heal your trauma. America wants to monetize your trauma. This industry don't want to heal your trauma. They want to monetize your trauma. So I'm like, let me empower the artists and the fans to simply be smarter and say, let's continue to make hip hop. Let's continue to listen to hip hop, but let's make a healthier version of it. That's gonna be better for all of us. You know what I'm saying about the platinu plage here? You get out there the platinum pledge. Oh man, so the platinum pledge. I in the music industry, the highest standard of success is gone platinum, right, So I turn a platinum into an acronym. It stands for people leading a transformation, involving newly unified mindsets. That's what platinum stands for. The Platinum Pledge simply says that we are taking a val that we will not create, support or promote music. There's glorifying murder, glorifying drug dealing, glorifying the disrespect of our women, and glorifying sexual irresponsibility. That's the Platinum Pledge. And I'm unifying people to say, Yo, there's actually more of us who agree with this than don't agree with this. But the industry will make you feel like, man, I'm the only one who I'm lame if I don't want to hear murder music.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: So the Platinum Pledge, Brother, thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people have signed it already.
Speaker 18: Bro.
Speaker 1: Now I'm on the Breakfast Club talking about it.
Speaker 21: People could go to my website d one music dot com, d ee the number one music dot com, and go sign the Platinum Pledge. And I'm unifying all these thousands of people together to say, now here is how we create a healthier hip hop space.
Speaker 1: For all of us.
Speaker 4: That's what the Platinum Pledge is.
Speaker 23: Bro.
Speaker 21: I would love for y'all to sign it year defin real man. That's bro. That is life changing.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 21: That is life changing when we see this ain't about canceling nobody. This ain't about we don't love this person. We want everybody to be a part of this shift, but we want to make it together.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 21: That's huge, bro. So that's what the Platinum pledge is. And I've been doing these meetings going from city to city called Rappers Only. In New Orleans, I kicked it off in my hometown. We had one hundred rappers in the same room, Gangster rappers, Christian rappers, backpack rappers, females, all kinds of stuff, right, And we in that Rappers Only and were talking about what's the mental side of what goes into why we make the music we make monetarily, Like how important is it to make money off of the music we make? What's the message we want to put out there. It's basically therapy for artists and me doing this and doing these rappers Only meetings from city to city, this stuff is making artists feel like dangn bro, Like, finally I could express some stuff that I couldn't express to my fan base or I couldn't express like to other people that don't just get me.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm trying to unify us so we could be better, bro, and not trying. We're doing it at this point.
Speaker 1: You heard me, give me your Twitters and Instagrams and all that stuff. Do you want?
Speaker 21: All my social media is d one music, d Ee the number one music you hear me. All my social media and on streaming platforms is just d one Dee Dash the number one. I got eleven albums out and counting, y'all. Go check it out newest album from the Hood to Harvard please and look. I wanna bless y'all with these patches, limited edition patches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you real, be righteous, be relevant.
Speaker 21: That's my collaboration I just did with Levi's Envy. I got you brother remy Yeah, man, So that's my model. When I say three years up, that's what it means. Brother, be real, be righteous, be relevant and hip hop. I know we could do all them.
Speaker 4: Things and we're gonna win together. Collaboration, Thank y'all.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 21: I can't wait to see y'all next time, bro, because we gotta keep this journey Gunsight d one.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, man, and let's get right with Jess with the mess. Just is gonna bring you numbers on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Okay, Mama de accuses Banby and her mother of going to jail for fraud multiple times.
Speaker 2: Mama didn't give it up, all right?
Speaker 1: Nick Mail?
Speaker 8: Willing to die over dj academics beef at call him freak mail?
Speaker 2: Nick Mail? Come on now, let's is it? I ain't going even going that. Why are you willing to die?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: What happened to prison? Perform prison reform?
Speaker 1: Please? Now?
Speaker 9: I will say I did see some funny stuff on the internet yesterday. They said that did he getting everybody involved in a freako free co case?
Speaker 1: They catch a freak?
Speaker 2: Don't ever be willing to die?
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 8: Jada Pinkett Smith wants Will to have a relationship like hers.
Speaker 1: Which one please?
Speaker 2: Which one like Wille?
Speaker 1: What could you stop.
Speaker 2: A headline?
Speaker 7: No more?
Speaker 1: Sister?
Speaker 6: She is old Baltimore aunt, and Will is a great human. I would love for when of my daughters to bring Will Smith.
Speaker 2: But all right, let we have her own. You know that's fine. I bet you would.
Speaker 4: Wow, but maybe you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 2: Come on else, stop we don't know them people like that?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: Bradley Cooper admits it took eight months to really love his daughter. Bradley Cooper recently appeared on the Armchair Expert podcast.
Speaker 2: In these Facts, they get.
Speaker 8: Funnier and funnier and more interesting and weird to me because he spoke on struggling to find a connection with his daughter when she was first born.
Speaker 24: I remember the first time I realized because it was like I would die in the second from my kid.
Speaker 6: I'm always like, if I'm being honest, I don't know, Like the first eight months, I'm like, I don't even know if.
Speaker 1: I really loved the kid. We don't know. Dope, it's cool. I'm watching this thing morph oh, shut up, not talk crazy.
Speaker 2: It's like she talked like it's a car or something.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was that.
Speaker 9: If he was to say, you know, he didn't have a connection, ye, right, I would understand that. As a father, I would say, you didn't love the child. That eight months is insane because fathers do not have to shut up and you got you got six years like a four You do not you fathers do not have the connection mothers have in the first eight months.
Speaker 6: It's impossible that you don't have the same connection. You still have a connection nine months.
Speaker 9: The baby's fucking off the breast still, you know what I mean, maybe I always want to be in your arms. It does take a while for a father and child to develop that connection the way to mother and child. Now, you never have a connection that the mother will have though, you'll never have that connection, but you have a connection, absolutely positive.
Speaker 2: You have a connection to the baby.
Speaker 8: I'm assuming as a father, wie is still in your woman's belly, Like at this point, at some.
Speaker 1: Point I don't like the mother, though I can.
Speaker 8: Take it take away from the mother, just you being that that child's father, correct, and especially if you want the baby anyway. Listen, So this is what he said because he after after whole that feeling went away.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden, I love that honesty.
Speaker 6: By the way, a lot of people's I think, and they're afraid.
Speaker 1: To say that. I mean, my experience was totally that. And then all of a sudden, it's like no question.
Speaker 2: At first, I just like, who is the woman? What are you talking about? Like you think you know, a lot of people are afraid to say that.
Speaker 8: First of all, a lot of things don't need to be said when it comes to your children, because these humans have to grow up and be your age and look at that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So I hope for god she don't have children that actually hear that, because it sounds she was like a little integrance.
Speaker 2: But everything does not have to be said.
Speaker 8: Well, and there's too many microphones around for that just I know, right, a lot of equipment.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make sense what he's saying, because, like you said, just fathers have a connection. If you're in your child's life, you have a connection. You'll never have a connection like the mom. That connection will never happen. But you have a connection. You feed your child, you hold your child, you change your child's pamps. You have that connection.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't even know.
Speaker 8: I'm watching it grow and I'm seeing it more until this.
Speaker 9: What are you talking when he when he says things like he didn't love his child, that's strange. If you said, if he would have just said, you know, I had to develop a connection with my child, I absolutely would have understood that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. You know.
Speaker 9: Salute to all the fathers who are very active in their child's lives in the first eight nine months.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's majority of us. The women are doing way more Okay.
Speaker 8: Now moving on, doctor Umar and loy Yatti debate on who's responsible for BBLS taking over.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: At first, I know the headline is kind of like what and I was about to be a way too, But after hearing them debate about it, I agree with both of them.
Speaker 16: You think women got the BBLS more to impress their girlfriends, said, than to be viewed as attractive as a man.
Speaker 1: I didn't say more, but I do think there's which one leads. But I think it's just for self esteem. I think sometimes women looking at marriage just said, but not for what, but for self esteem? Right to put themself story don't have to be for another man. But why is the self esteem low without the bbl It could be based on your friends.
Speaker 16: No, it's based on the values of the culture and the society in which they live. And we got to admit something, black man, we have sexually objectified the black woman into a sexual instrument.
Speaker 1: And you know why it's hurts me. Who's the number one.
Speaker 16: Sex trafficking victim in America right now? Yachty teenage black girls twelve to seventeen?
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 8: They both right, and they are definitely both right because I can even attest to that. I have a friend who after I got like my fat transfer, which you know, which is the same thing as a BBL. I just wasn't calling it that until everybody was like BBL. I got to BBL and I got my boobs done after I got that done. She who has always had a problem with her body. She always thought that she resembled a boy because her breasts were flat, but never had no hips.
Speaker 2: No, no, you know, no, but nothing.
Speaker 8: She wanted it even more than another one of our friends got it done, and she wanted it even more. That wasn't even to impress a man. That was to impress herself. When she looked in the mirror, she always thought like, even as a sixteen year old, like yo, I don't like the way I look, So she would always wear baggy clothes, you know what I'm saying. And then there's the other side of it, where do you where a lot of women do want to appeal.
Speaker 1: To a man.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And that's why I agree with both sides.
Speaker 1: We need more body positivity. You should love every shape.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and there are things that exist like bodily dysmorphia where people keep on working on themselves and working on themselves, and they think as long as they do that they'll be satisfied with Those people never end up satisfied, and we.
Speaker 1: Need to hear from more.
Speaker 6: Men are just people who love the thin women who loved them. You know what I mean, our natural body, you know, BBL. She stand for big back love. So everybody out there who has a big back love not seriously, if you a love of a big.
Speaker 2: Back, you are listen. Listen. I have another story, and will I dare you don't see another thing.
Speaker 1: About a big back? Don't no, I'm Jess.
Speaker 8: Look Turns Howard ordered to pay over nine hundred thousand in back taxes over nine years. Turns racked up a five hundred and seventy eight thousand debt with dollar debt with the IRS, and over that time, over over the course of time of him not paying it, it was interest in other penalties included. So now it's over nine hundred thousand, and the Justice Department sued him in twenty twenty two, but he reportedly sent them a voice message refusing to pay it. Yo, and it's said four hundred years of forced labor. He's talking about slavery here and never receiving any conversation for it. Now you have the gall to try to prosecute and charge taxes to descendants of a broken people that you are responsible for the cause for the causing the breakage.
Speaker 2: And then he left another message. They ain't responded that, They're like, give us the money.
Speaker 8: He's gonna be called back and said, in truth, the entire United States should by default become the property of the descendants of slaves. But since you do not have the ability or the courage to do it, let's try this in court. We're gonna bring you down.
Speaker 9: Who I do agree with him, as the descendants of slavetion, I'd have to pay taxes just because that should be some type of form of reparations for us. I really wish happened. But I hate the headline that everybody's running with what they're saying. Terrence Howard gets hit with tax whatever after making the comments.
Speaker 1: No, he had that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something that that's why he made the comments.
Speaker 8: And then not we're gonna bring you down, No, sir, They're gonna bring you down in court if you don't pay them.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I just wanted to make that known, y'all. But that is just with the mess with the second hour.
Speaker 1: Her news is real election.
Speaker 6: And did Wesley Stipes have the same thing? He didn't want to pay and they locked him up to.
Speaker 2: Right, He ain't throw slavery at nobody.
Speaker 1: Ain't all right? But Charlamage? Who you giving you a donkey? Too?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this greedy ass capitalist society that we live in. And man, we need Gary.
Speaker 6: What's Gary's last name, Gary pill Nick. He's the CEO of Kelloggs. He needs to come in front of Congress.
Speaker 1: We like to have a word.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Your execution on the Donkey of the Day is something to God for you to read.
Speaker 2: He gave me donkey other day and I deserve that.
Speaker 1: People need to know.
Speaker 2: You need to tell them.
Speaker 1: I am you have the boy.
Speaker 2: Tell them.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 4: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at charlamage.
Speaker 4: You want Charlamagne?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Solomon, who do you give the dusty the other day?
Speaker 7: Soon?
Speaker 1: Then? Well?
Speaker 9: Donkey today for Friday in March. First goes to Gary Pilnick. Okay, Gary is the CEO of Kelloggs. Yes, Kelloggs, the home of your favorite cereals. Okay, everything from fruit Loops, the Frosty Flakes, corn pops to apple Jacks. Gary is the man with the plan behind all of that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Some of y'all listening to me right now, and you just poured some two percent over a bowl of rice Chrispies for the kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, they should be drinking all my milk. But I digress.
Speaker 9: Now, I've told you all a million times that America does not know how to solve problems. And one of the biggest problems, if you ask me, the biggest problem they don't know how to solve is poverty.
Speaker 1: Okay, people with money, I don't care if.
Speaker 9: You a billionaire, millionaire, even a thousand are folks do not understand what is happening with the poor in this country, especially if you've never been poor. Okay, the wealthy, the rich, the middle class, they have no idea what is happening with the poor in this country. And it's the latest statement from Gary pil Nick, the CEO of Kellogg's, proves it. He appeared on CNBC's Squak on the Street and he said that poor families should eat cereal for dinner.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 24: The cerial category has always been quite affordable, and it tends to be a great destination when consumers are under pressure. So some of the things that we're doing is first messaging, We got to reach the consumer where they are, So we're advertising about cereal for dinner. If you think about the cost of cereal for a family versus what they might otherwise do, that's going to be much more affordable. The other places that we like to go is we talk about making sure we have the right pack at the right p price in the right place. So having a different size pack that'll have a different price point that'll take some pressure off the consumer while they're shopping.
Speaker 1: So those are some of the things that we're doing.
Speaker 24: But in general, the cereal category is a place that a lot of folks might come to because the price of a bowl of cereal with milk and with fruit is less than a dollar. So you can imagine where a consumer under pressure might find that to be a good place to go.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm all for.
Speaker 24: Innovation and marketing, but the idea of having cereal for dinner, is there the potential for that to land the wrong.
Speaker 1: Way, We don't think so. In fact, it's landing really well right now, Carl.
Speaker 24: When we look at all of our data, of course, we would know that breakfast cereal is the number one choice for in home consumption.
Speaker 1: We understand that for breakfast.
Speaker 24: It turns out that over twenty five percent of our consumption is outside the breakfast occasion. A lot of it's at dinner, and that occasion continues to grow.
Speaker 1: As well as a snacking occasion.
Speaker 24: But cereal for dinner is something that is probably more on trend now and we'd expect to continue as that consumer is under pressure.
Speaker 1: Hey, yo, Gary Pelnick, I need you to shut the f up forever.
Speaker 9: Okay, shut your rich, privileged, disconnected ass up forever. First of all, two things are wrong with this statement. And Gary, you would notice if you decided to actually have conversations with the people you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Poor people been eating cereal for dinner.
Speaker 9: Okay, we've been eating breakfast for dinner, and not because we wanted to, all right, And how about this. The cereals some of us had to eat for dinner wasn't even Kellogg's, you know why, because we couldn't afford it. Great value everything all right, star brand everything.
Speaker 6: We couldn't afford rice Christpies, so we had the toasted rice all right. We didn't have Kellogg's frosted Flakes. We had Great Value frosted Flakes.
Speaker 9: It's a difference between Kellogg's frosted flakes, okay, because they had Tony the Tiger. Great Value frosted Flakes had a polar bear who didn't even have a name as far as I knew, okay, And he might not have even been a real polar bear because he had ski goggles on gloves and a scarf having the way that defeats the whole purpose of being a polar bear, so he might not have even really been one Kellogg's raising brand. They had the sun on blocks great value Raising brand does not you know why? Because the sun don't shine on the poor in this country.
Speaker 6: The nerve of Gary Pilnick to tell poor people to eat cereal for dinner.
Speaker 1: This is why I say America doesn't know how to solve problems.
Speaker 6: This is the CEO of a fortune five hundred company, and the only thing he can come up with in regard to the people being hungry in this country is they should consider eating cereal.
Speaker 1: For dinner. And guess what, Gary, Sadly, you know, we're already doing that.
Speaker 9: Okay, if folks have to eat cereal for dinner, they're probably gonna still be eating great value, not Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: Just Kelloggs is still too expensive.
Speaker 9: I grew up in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, single wide trail of dirt road monks going to South Carolina, and Kellogg's anything was a luxury.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a luxury then.
Speaker 9: And guess what prices have risen the twenty eight percent over the last four years. People can't even afford to eat what you suggested to eat, at least not your brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen to.
Speaker 9: Me, Greg Kellogg's latest financial reports and you know this because you're the CEO of the company. The company's current revenue is over fifteen billion dollars. Okay, they made that in twenty twenty two, and that was an increase over twenty twenty one, when they made over fourteen billion. More of the story is they made crazy paper. How about take some of that money and use it to help the poverty problem in this country. Y'all make more than enough money to be a part of some type of real solution, and you should because overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity.
Speaker 1: It is an act of justice.
Speaker 9: It is the protection of a fundamental human right, the right to dignity in a decent life.
Speaker 1: You know who said that, Nelson, Mother freaking Mandela.
Speaker 9: Y'all got all the money, all the resources, and you're telling me the best idea you got is for folks to eat cereal for dinner. I got a question for Gary and other rich people in positions of power who have the ability to at least attempt to solve some of America's problems. How long y'all gonna keep playing in poor people's faces? How long before poor people get fed up and come to snatch your plate? You making millions, You run a company making billions, and you tell poor people they need to eat cereal for dinner, even though poor people.
Speaker 1: Are way ahead of you and been doing that.
Speaker 9: How long are you gonna play with people's problems and not come up with solutions? Because I'm telling you, America, we are right where a great black philosopher by the name of Tupaca mar Roosha Court told us we would beat in this greedy ass capitalist society.
Speaker 1: Let's listen if I know that.
Speaker 23: In this hotel room they have food every day and I'm knocked on the door every day to eat, and they tell and they open the door, let me see the party. Let me see like they're throwing salami all over the I mean, just like throwing food raft but they're telling me there's no food to me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 23: Every day I'm standing outside trying to sing my way in.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying, We are hung We please let us in, well hung we please let her say. After about a week that song was gonna change that we hungry, we need some food. After two three weeks, it's like, you know, give me a the food righting out.
Speaker 1: Of the door.
Speaker 23: After a year, just like you know what I'm saying, I'm picking the lock, coming through the door, blasting. You know what I'm saying. It's like, you're hungry, you reached your level. You don't want anymore. We asked ten years ago, we was asking with the Panthers. Who was asking with them? You know, a civil rights movement? Who's asking?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 23: Now those people that were asking, they're all dead and in jail.
Speaker 1: So now what do you think We're gonna do.
Speaker 9: Ask please give Gary Pelnick, the CEO of Kellogg's, the biggest sea hull.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me you can't do nothing. Okay.
Speaker 9: I got a partnership with the Food Bank in hallm. You can go to food Bank and YC dot org right now to make a doordination. They give away one hundred thousand meals a month right there in Harlem, okay, and and groceries to people one dollar provides ten meals.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So if I'm in partnership with them, imagine what Kelloggs could do.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. That's crazy. You're hungry.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm not gonna no damn cereal.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's because we got food out there. Clue the Wilend Daughters catering, you know, for providing food. You know, got everybody in here getting their back big.
Speaker 8: Yes, we got speaking back big or back small. Whatever I'm gonna eat. And we got jerk.
Speaker 2: Wings is jerk?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Your chicken wings? Macaroni and cheese? They got two guys macaroni cheese.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's go through the airwaves.
Speaker 2: Make everybody read Sammon.
Speaker 9: All right, all right, we just talked about people not having been able to afford food to stop?
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Listening to the radio, they trying to get what he was talking about.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you a question, right, he was talking about broke meals, right, when people can't afford it? What meals do people use? And he was saying that cereals should be talking about big mac coming in? Why why, why, why, God damn that you became a little rider. Listen, what is the reason?
Speaker 25: Hey, just to let y'all know, they got tater charts two and then they got two different types of mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 25: I heard just talking about it. So as they don't matter, don't need the rest of the men. You had to come in here and just come up. You don't need the rest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five five one o five one. We're asking we're talking about meals that people can use. It's inflation. We're calling it the broke meals, the broke meals that.
Speaker 1: People eating use. Salutor Colleen, which he has a great podcast called Eating while Broker.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's not a podcast.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's on the black radio podcast networks the phone lines, and I don't like broke meals.
Speaker 8: I don't like the way that's sound. Y'all got afordable because is crazy. Don't keep doing that.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. I know as a kid, my cousin when we used to go Grandma's house in Star City in Brooklyn, he used to eat ketchup sandwiches.
Speaker 1: That was his thing.
Speaker 6: He'd like ketchup sandwich. It wasn't expensive. You can just a little ketchup bread cook go uh pet butter, jelly noodles.
Speaker 1: That's a great meals. Were doing that.
Speaker 9: There's a woman in this room right now who came over to my house and it was amazing food on the table, and she was like, no, I want noodles.
Speaker 1: This is nasty. I'm not gonna say. Her name's gonna stay. She from Baltimore. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted.
Speaker 25: If you spread out the peanut butter and jelly, just do jelly sandwiches, then you can save the peanut butter for the next week.
Speaker 1: So now that's two weeks run around the station or something running around the station.
Speaker 25: You get a peanut butter sandwich, and then the next week you got a jelly sandwich.
Speaker 6: All right, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's talk about affordable meals. Sometimes you gotta put things together. It ain't much in your cabinet, and you put things together to make sure you satisfy your stomach. Now, big Mac, and you got to do a lot to satisfy your stomach. But that's what we're talking about. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What are those meals? Let's discuss.
Speaker 1: This's the breakfast SLUGO Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's topic time call eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning, everybody.
Speaker 6: It's the j Envy Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the guy we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne gave donkey to day to who uh the CEO of Kellogg's.
Speaker 9: His name is Gary pill pill Nick and he was on a CNBC Squawk on the Street and he said that poor family should eat cereal for dinner. I mean, the reality is poor families in this country we've been eating cereal for dinner. And the funny thing about what he's saying is he's telling he's the CEO of Kelloggs.
Speaker 1: You couldn't. We couldn't even afford Kelloggs. We was eating all the great value cereals, you know, back then. So that's what. That's what.
Speaker 9: And even over the last four years, Kelloggs has increased in price twenty eight percent, but people probably still can't afford to eat Kelloggs.
Speaker 6: But I will say this, when you think of cheap meals, I don't necessarily go to cereal first, right, you go to jenomen noodles, you go to oodles or noodles, you go to peanut butter and jelly, you go to toast.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't take of cereal first, you know.
Speaker 6: So it's actually a good concept of what he's saying, because each box you can do twenty five servants of depending on whose business.
Speaker 9: But it's not a good concept of what he's saying. And the reason it's not a good concept of what he's saying is because he's a multimillionaire of a billionaire company. If people like that, if the only solution they can come up with the people being hungry in this country is.
Speaker 1: Each cereal for dinner.
Speaker 9: That's not good. That's not a good concept. And the people you talking about that can afford peanut butter and uda the noodles.
Speaker 1: That's a luxury to think about that.
Speaker 9: The people were talking about the ones that can only afford to each cereal and not even the name ran.
Speaker 8: But people might be gett mad at you too because you keep talking about we we pulled. They're like, all right, we'll come over here with us.
Speaker 1: Since we say, but I didn't say we said. I grew up like that.
Speaker 9: I grew up in a single wide trailer and monks going to South Carolina on the dirt road, you know.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so we weren't. We weren't. We weren't the richest by any of me, you know.
Speaker 6: But even even growing up in Queens, there were certain things we always had the house, Like we always had butter and jelly for some reason.
Speaker 1: My mother always had waffles. We always had waffles in the house.
Speaker 6: Like I had waffles for breakfast, I had waffles for lunch, I had waffles for dinner.
Speaker 1: We always had waffles. And we ain't talking about your middle class points people up bringing.
Speaker 6: But there's some things that people always had. Some people always had eggs because they were able to get eggs. They always had bread, because they were able to get bread.
Speaker 1: And things like that. People just this is not the people.
Speaker 4: We're talking about.
Speaker 1: Cheese as well. People had cheese. We were able to have grilled cheese. And it wasn't government cheese. Wasn't but that I had, Yes, No, I had craft craft. I had the people that got to go to the stand on the line to get the big block of government. But they had cheese. But they made grilled cheese sandwiches with government cheese that goument cheese didn't melt red Puerto Rican. He said, you grew u up the government cheese red, don't cheeseburgers and don't melt where you get the hammurking be from.
Speaker 2: I was saying, you even had ground beef.
Speaker 1: You got shut up now.
Speaker 23: Beef.
Speaker 1: He was in there with hamburger helper talking to you.
Speaker 17: Either.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this big guy? Big guy? Where you calling them from? I'm calling New York man, New York All right?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 6: Growing up, what were some of your your cheap meals or your broke meals? As we were saying, Yo, the.
Speaker 7: Broke mills was the Roman, but my main one was a banana standwich.
Speaker 9: Oh, I used to love the banana nana sandwich, especially with some peanut butter and some honey.
Speaker 5: Wow, no, you ain't have the peanut butter or the honey.
Speaker 10: You just had mayo up and put it on the bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we ain't. We wasn't that for now? God damn, brother, that was not I was just nasty, like you're pregnant?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Hey?
Speaker 6: This is sport All from Bridgeport. We're talking affordable meals growing up. What was some of the things you did to survive and to eat when you couldn't afford.
Speaker 13: Our best meal was tustle tuna. You get your cheese. If you got free cheese is the best, and then you mix it with crema, mushroom, sewp, some some frozen green peas and you bake it and you had it for a couple of days. I father has seven kids, so we had to feed everybody.
Speaker 1: How'd y'all melt that free cheese?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 13: Well, we didn't put too much of it because if we didn't have you know, cheese has always been a little extensive. But you just put a couple of blocks in there and it eventually Melton. We're just happy to have cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, who is I'm just happy to have cheese you.
Speaker 7: It was good. Shad boy DJJ Liddy from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's the word. We're talking affordable meals growing up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so my portable mill.
Speaker 5: Back in the day when we was coming up, you know, we had to do the hot dogs with the big.
Speaker 1: Bees, big beans. That's good eat. That's good eating. Now to this day you.
Speaker 5: Already know that was a that was a throwback that in a in a in a government mac and cheese, mac and cheese?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What what's the government mac and cheese? Mac and cheese? What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, back to give you like the jos in the uh in the little pantry or box mac and cheese versus the velvet.
Speaker 1: Oh got you got you? Yep, thank you brother.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five one. We're talking affordable bills this morning.
Speaker 1: It was so funny about this segment Envy.
Speaker 6: As we're having this segment, our beautiful co hosts, my good sister just Laras is over there eating her ass off.
Speaker 1: What you got? What you're eating? Jess? What you got?
Speaker 8: I have macaroni and cheese tater tis, which are really really good shrimp, chicken wings, green beans and curts.
Speaker 1: Just look, I ain't mad at you see what I mean.
Speaker 11: I got.
Speaker 6: I got chick fil a right now, we as.
Speaker 4: The poor people.
Speaker 9: I said that people don't see the poor people in this country. I think we don't see what that means, especially some of us playings. Some of us come from that and getting better positions and forget you know those individuals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let you know if that is over there drinking his little Starbucks cup over there and talking about geese, don't melt.
Speaker 2: Somebody. I tried to make some some burgers with cheese and it ain't worth eight.
Speaker 6: Five eight five one five one. We're talking affordable meals. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking to It's topic called eight hundred five five one five one. To join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning, everybody's stej n v jess hilarious. Charlemagne the guy we are the breakfast Club. Now he's just joining us. Charlemagne gave donkey today to who Gary?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 9: Gary last name? He's the CEO of Kellogg's, Gary Pilnick. Yeah, Gary, Pilnick. He's the CEO of Kellogg's and he was on CNBC Squawk on the Street and he said that poor family should eat cereal for dinner, which so many poor families are already doing. In the irony of what he said is, you know, even growing up, Kelloggs was not affordable. Like everybody, we were eating great value everything, great value frosted flakes, great value raising brand. Okay, there was no uh, there wasn't Kelloggs like that.
Speaker 6: All right, So let's ask you what are some of the affordable meals that you guys ate to survive?
Speaker 1: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 8: This is hello?
Speaker 1: Are you what do you call them from? I'm calling from the best in the world.
Speaker 10: Was that.
Speaker 1: She too busy spending all her money on food and not.
Speaker 20: True?
Speaker 16: Not true?
Speaker 6: First of all, originally from Miami, you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, okay, voted for Trump?
Speaker 7: No, never, never, ill.
Speaker 1: Cuba's in Florida b for Trump, not this one.
Speaker 2: What's what's some of your broke meals?
Speaker 1: Booth?
Speaker 13: We got vis and eggs, we got bison cheese.
Speaker 7: You know what we got?
Speaker 10: Right for everything?
Speaker 13: We got Cuban bread with avocado. Y'all charging ten dollars We've been.
Speaker 14: Eating this off the tree from the back of the hole.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know, that's all.
Speaker 9: That's all African roots, right, because if you go to places like Ghana, you know, they eat a lot of rice and stuff out of that morning and they eat that uhh man branded is from Ghana, that stuff that you gotta dip like the doe stuff and then they eat that because it's sticks to your ribs, because that might be the only thing they eat all day.
Speaker 1: Brandon, come in here and tell me what that stuff is called? You from Ghana? Hello? Who's this.
Speaker 14: Brianna?
Speaker 6: Hey, Brianna, we're talking affordable meals? What's some of those meals you you prepare to made to make sure that you were you were good for out there for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the day.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 7: So I have a family.
Speaker 14: So my family struggle meal is kill bosa sausage.
Speaker 6: Kill sausage, cabasa cobasa sausage.
Speaker 1: Just a no struggle Mials doesn't understand. I know what she's saying.
Speaker 2: Kills sausage. Girl.
Speaker 1: What that's a potatoes? Keep going struggle milk?
Speaker 14: That's a peppa?
Speaker 1: Yes, family, where are you from? Where you're from?
Speaker 14: I'm from queens originally, And.
Speaker 6: That's what I try to tell people. It's also where you're from, because in New York growing up that you could get cabasa for cheap, you can get the beans and hot dogs, you can get for cheap. Those are the things that you can get for cheap that other people usually couldn't get. But like Ambassa was very cheap as a kid because when you we always had cabasa, We always for some reason, we always had meat loads. My mom got meat load. It was these were the cheap meals.
Speaker 1: You were middle class envy.
Speaker 6: But I'm telling you what people were able to get for cheap because we all went to the same grocery stores or got it from the same pep.
Speaker 1: Those were the cheap meals.
Speaker 2: Now it was you was you like broke or was you just you know, you just wasn't rich.
Speaker 6: What's the moral of the story where you live?
Speaker 4: Ato oh fool.
Speaker 8: Fo Yeah, but a lot of people eat that now, okay, okay, so that's what hung But the moorrow of the story, right, the morrow of the story is what it depends on where you live.
Speaker 9: No, I don't think it depends on where you live. And some of these meals sounded great. That sausage, pepper and eat. Yeh bug, you put me some chicken sauce that you did with some uh some some pepper, potatoes and some peppers.
Speaker 2: Broke friends, no more, I'm like, I'm better.
Speaker 1: Talk about you Themorrow of the stories.
Speaker 9: Y'all should all find a local food pantry of food breaking bank in your community and make a donation. You know what I'm saying. I do a lot of work with the Food Bank in Harlem. Their website is foodbankanyc dot org. Literally one dollar provides uh ten meals, you know, and they give out one hundred thousand meals a month and groceries. So salut the local organization in your community. That's, you know, helping to feed people. And I want to tell folks. Flute the Colleen with She does the podcast on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network called Eating Wild Broke, and she has a lot of different artists on there every week talk about exactly what we're talking about now, those meals that they used to eat when they were on the come up.
Speaker 1: All right, yes, all right, now when we come back, we got past the arcs with nihilists, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is d J en Vy, Jess, Hilaris, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club and it's time for past the arts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, DJ comes, what up?
Speaker 2: What's up in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: That's right around in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: They asked about you. They was like, with Nola coming back, I had to do this. I had to do this bowling party. Last night I ran into a couple of artists you had on the on the show.
Speaker 2: They were all like, aboudy they looking for hu man we out, well, ivy or out.
Speaker 1: I'm coming back. I'm coming back.
Speaker 26: I'm coming back to But you know, all right, anyway, neither here or there.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the music today.
Speaker 4: A lot of music drop.
Speaker 26: And I just want to give honorable mentions real quick to earth Gang's new EP somebody Else. I wanted to give an honorable mention to oh school Boy Q, but it's already he's.
Speaker 2: One of his records.
Speaker 26: I figured let somebody else get some shine today. So uh, it's this record by Means and Isaiah Rash Hotspot.
Speaker 9: I don't like how to vocal some I like that, I like I like the song, but it sounds like he's talking through a phone or something like.
Speaker 2: It's like a contrast here.
Speaker 26: I think it's just how or where the record started, because Mes's part sounds more clear. And then when Isaiah comes on and kind of has like a filter on it, that was okay, and he actually gave a really great verse. So shout out to Means and isaiahs Shaw for that hotspot. I really enjoy that record, and I hope.
Speaker 2: You get a video.
Speaker 26: But next is that Mexicano Tea my current favorite rapper right now, favorite spinner lyricist, and he did a record money Bag.
Speaker 7: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Mexican is your favorite rappers the moment?
Speaker 26: Yes, it was J I D, but Mexican O T He's dope them too. I want to hear Mexican I T and D. I did kind of go bar from Mexicano T is dope, all right?
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 26: He did a record with money Bag off his new tape that dropped today called Twisted Fingers Damn.
Speaker 8: Make me want to hear the money Bag yo one that he got because that that definitely yeah, definitely right in pocket.
Speaker 17: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's why you got to leave the ball over. You know what I'm saying, why you got to bring that. Jesus, don't lead that in my second please me?
Speaker 26: Yes, big shout out to Mexican O t And then this was.
Speaker 14: For the you with them.
Speaker 26: Little tiler To dropped the new record called Bad Chick and I just had them on my podcast We Need to Talk. It was a really cute interview. Honestly, I really enjoyed it. So shout out to Little til and the records called Bad Itch.
Speaker 2: I like the first two a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was cool.
Speaker 1: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: I know my son is going to love this.
Speaker 11: I just know he is.
Speaker 9: It just sounds dating, and you're still calling women back, you know you just sounds dating.
Speaker 8: It sounds dated, but it also sounds like for very very young youngest.
Speaker 1: Where you from Florida, Florida. Yeahs to that young man.
Speaker 26: Yeah, shout out a little Tyler. And then if you guys haven't already, just tap into the playlist. All the music is there again, shout out earth Gang and their new e P. I really like it.
Speaker 2: I really like the record black Light on there.
Speaker 1: If you I love earth Gang too. They're from Atlanta. I just do you have to get some type of Atlanta Representations has nothing to do with it. I'm like, I know you didn't play any music, but you had to.
Speaker 26: Get some type of Atlanta bands of Earth Gang and I just want to know them to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy, I love them.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's your problem with Atlanta?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with Atlanta. I have a prob with you, Atlanta.
Speaker 26: It's crazy. But their EP called rob phobia. Okay, yes, so shout out to and then yes.
Speaker 1: I want to know what it means because so I don't do it because break it apart.
Speaker 2: Rob robo phobia, and I don't know what it means. I don't even let me no line up.
Speaker 1: Here, but that means me and Jessica gonna be accused of it in the next shots out there. I don't even know what it means.
Speaker 26: But the next certified Vibe Live event, which was formerly known as Past the Aux Live, is going down on March fifteenth, and since it's women's his three months, we got an all women's lineup and I'm super excited to announce this partnership with Two Lost Distribution, who they're pretty much helping me fund the event, but then also helping the independent artists with streaming analytics.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's just a good little situation. So if you guys want to use.
Speaker 26: Their their platform for free for three months, so you can use my qude certified and you're on there for three months. And unlike other platforms, they don't delete your music if you miss a payment or something like that. Like once you locked in, you're in.
Speaker 1: You're good, except for when you in Atlanta. But other than that, all right, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We got a growthphobia.
Speaker 1: Up next to the People's Choice Mix. Let's go, it's to Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: It's a Women's History Month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history. Check out this phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Woman warning everybody's the j Envy Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage, the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now. Today starts the International Women's Month. First day of yes, thank.
Speaker 8: You, Yes, yes, yes, I am a woman. So that is great and every day this month I'm going to be honoring a woman.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 8: The fact that it's history, it does not have to be you know, it could be a woman of my history, a woman that's in history, African American history, American history. And I'm gonna start the first day by honoring my mother, the woman who gave me birth, robbing and Bradshaw. She became Robin Moore and now she's robbing Bradshaw again. I loved my mother, yo, and I remember only getting beat by her one time.
Speaker 2: Actually she never even beat me. She hit me and I flew in a closet.
Speaker 8: But I yeah, for real, man, I was never a kid that had to be physically disciplined. My mother would put base in our voice and I would just straighten up. My dad he would just look at me and understand. So I never was like one of those kids that you had to discipline physically. But I remember one night, y'all, I stayed out and I figured, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Snuck out first of all.
Speaker 8: And she used to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and she ain't never look in my room. I don't know what total to look at my room. Maybe was I know she looked in there, man, I wasn't in there.
Speaker 2: So she started calling my phone. I got the phone call. I'm like, yo, I was in a movie with this little boy. He was so cute. No, And I answered the phone, and she was like, you better get your ass in this house. And I didn't. I didn't come it out because I feel like I felt like, yo, I was already.
Speaker 1: Out regardless, so why not just stay out?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 8: So I came in the house at like five. It was already two o'clock when she called me. I stayed in the house. No, no, it was like twelve o'clock. I'm sorry, twelve o'clock when she called me. I stayed out till like three. So I'm sneaking in the house. Yeah, sneaking in the house. And by mind you, I was fourteen years old. Sneak in the house.
Speaker 1: Are you deserved to beat?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Lights was out and everything right, and you can get to my room. Before you even get to her room, I go on my room. I turned my little nightlight on. She's sitting in the chair in my room.
Speaker 1: Ready, what let's go? Miss Robin pop me.
Speaker 2: I said, we.
Speaker 11: That was it.
Speaker 8: She ain't say nothing. She ain't, I ain't, I ain't. I ain't even get up nothing. I slept in the closet, my nigga.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, I'm done.
Speaker 8: I ain't even want to move because I felt like if I came back out, the clothes and she was gonna beat me again, but that I mean, was gonna hit me again.
Speaker 10: But that.
Speaker 8: Like, that's my mother. That was the only time she had to put her hands on me. And I ain't gonna say I never do that again.
Speaker 2: But I waited a couple of years. That stunned for a while, but.
Speaker 8: Just disappointing her like that disappointment really really hurt her, yo, And I never wanted to see that look on her face.
Speaker 11: Again.
Speaker 8: So I honor you, myn I love you so much. You're my angel and girl, I'm glad that I can make your grandmother again.
Speaker 2: Because that's that's what she wants to robe as. Definitely, I don't even care about I don't campoute none of that.
Speaker 1: You got share, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Let me see your father.
Speaker 1: When we come back. Birthday a woman his three months man, that's right.
Speaker 6: When we come back and got the positive noticed the Breakfast Club, good morning warning. Everybody's steej Envy, Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne the God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's time for positive Noteich you got.
Speaker 9: Charlotte, Well, I want to tell everybody too. Man, make sure you go out there and pre order my third book. It'll be out in May. It's called Get Honest or Die Line, Why Why Small Talk Sucks? It is available for pre order right now, to be out May twenty first, twenty twenty four, but it's avail available for pre order right now everywhere you buy books. Okay, Get Honest or Die Line, Why Small Talk Sucks? My third book will be out May twenty first, but it's available for pre order right now now.
Speaker 1: The positive notice simply this, he.
Speaker 9: Who is not courageous enough to take risk will accomplish nothing in life.
Speaker 2: You like that one, Jess, No, just basically take risks?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's the breakfast club. Have a good weekend breakfast club? Bitch is you don't finish for y'all done