Speaker 1: Welcome back to everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bagman, following me on the Twitter app Boglin Sports. I'm joined as always by my friend though Pat Fitzmorris at fits Underscore ff on the Twitter Machine fits the essay as always.
Speaker 1: But you weren't here last week. We had to uh sub for you. Cody was awesome. We did a three round super flex rookie only mock. I think it went really well. Did did when you looked at it? Was there any pick that you thought, what is Bogman doing?
Speaker 2: What is Wormley doing? What is Cody doing? Did you have any of that sense of what's going on here?
Speaker 3: I have a sense of what's going on right now, Bogs, because I haven't actually seen it. I just got back in. I'm sorry you what's stunned? You tell me what what surprised you of the picks?
Speaker 2: I don't think anything really was super shocking. That's why I was kind of asking you. I thought it was a little bit standard. There were a couple of guys that I like more than Cody, Cody likes more than me. Same thing with worm I think worm was like nervous about his he did he might have done the best job out of all of us, So I thought it was great. But today on the show, we are going to talk about tiering these rookies and we're kind of gonna build it out ourselves. Normally we go a little deeper. We were kind of debating between doing like an overall top thirty six since we just came off, you know, the most recent super flex mot But we decided at this point, because so much is still going to be decided by the combine, to go positional, and I think that's the right way. So what I did was, I have my tears. How I see it as of right now, things will change, The combine will change things.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Pro days will change a little. I don't really believe any numbers that pro Day's put up fits. I don't know about you, Like, I just remember, didn't jj R THEGA Whiteside run like a four to four at a pro Day something? And come on, man, like, you know this is like when you tell the doctor your weight instead of them weighing you. You know you're coming up light a little bit every time there. I feel like or if you're underweight, you're coming up a little over, you know, whatever it is, you're kind of eyeballing it a little too much instead of getting real numbers at pro DA's, and they're always favoring the player. I don't really buy any prodase. But the combine will of course change things. And it's not just the numbers that we see at the combine, right fits, it's what are the gms saying, what are the people in the know saying, is there you know, anything concluded? And then when March rolls around, can we get free agency to start?
Speaker 1: Team needs shrink and shrink?
Speaker 2: Players move higher and higher up boards in terms of you know what a team that is picking high needs. So a lot is still going to change, but this is kind of how we see it based on what has happened up till now.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely bugs, And of course we want to pay attention to the forty times for certain players, especially players who are maybe, oh I don't know, sort of on the on the cusp between being like a Day one or a Day two guy, or a Day two guy or Day three guy, and like who could really I think there's some people who could really help themselves, Like I don't think anyone is expecting Keon Coleman to run a sub four for forty times. He's just not that kind of a guy. But we also don't want to see him at four to seven, you know what I mean. So, but there's certain guys I think who could run blazing fast times and really help themselves. And of course the jumps are sort of underrated to the shuttles, maybe more important for some people than others. I know some people were worried when DK Metcalf ran a bad shuttle time, and it doesn't really matter for a guy like that.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not that I think to make fun of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've talked about that one before.
Speaker 3: But the jumps are pretty good too because it shows explosion and we want that. So yeah, there's there's gonna be a lot to talk about after the combine, obviously, and we'll break it all down on this show. But you know, this is we're taking kind of a nice snapshot here box.
Speaker 2: Some of the basic stuff too, like you know, hand size, height, weight. I mean, I know we're we won't talk about him here, but like to and Andre Sweat, the big interior defensive lineman for Texas, didn't weigh in at the Senior Ball and everyone is like, well, why did he not waiy in? Is it because he's going to be four hundred pounds you know what I mean, because he's a big boy.
Speaker 1: But you know, it was pointed out.
Speaker 2: I was listening to Trevor Sikamau talk on PFF and he said, well, it just makes more sense for him to cut weight and then he's going to run faster at the combine. Anyway, play big at the Senior Bowl, cut as much weight as you can, and then your your forty time. It's going to be better at the combine as well when you cut weight. So I think it makes sense. But let's get into it. Let's start at quarterback here and fits this. This is how I see it, and I'll just give you the tiers that I have and then you can tell me what is different about your tiers. So I have four for quarterback right now, and I have the top three tier. I have them in a tier. Caleb Williams, Drake May, Jade and Daniels. The reason I have them in this tier together are and I think there are differences obviously, but I think to me, it's I put Jaden Daniels in this tier because I do still think he has the most upside. He has the most rushing potential of any of these three guys. Now, I will say that last year when we were doing this, we just took the fantasy guy Anthony Richardson, and said, look, maybe he's not as good as these other guys, but we know for fantasy they're all kind of close together. We're gonna put the guy with the rushing skill way at the top where he you know, where he needed to go.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of people had CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud one, some people had Bryce Young one, but it was much Richardson and then the other two guys. And the reason that I still think Jade Daniels has the highest potential for fantasy of any of these three qbs. But I do think that Caleb Williams and Drake may are just more reliable because we have multiple years of them being the guy. Jane Daniels really did it. One year with Lsu, he won the highest and he was amazing. But is that the years with Asu. I'm not gonna say they were a pedestrian, but he did not. He wasn't on this hype train like Williams in May were coming in, so we've seen multiple years of it from those guys. I think they're safer picks. But I still have Jayden in there because I do think he still has the most upside in terms of fantasy.
Speaker 1: Is this the right tier? Would you leave Jade Daniels out of it?
Speaker 4: So I have a little different box.
Speaker 3: I see Caleb Williams as sort of a tier unto himself, okay, and then I've got a three man tier behind that with May and Daniels and JJ McCarthy, who I don't think it's a slam dunk that he is the number four quarterback in this draft. I think it's possible he goes ahead of either May or Jade Daniels. And I actually put my money where my mouth is bogs. I put a small little bet down where I bet JJ McCarthy to go in both the number two and the number three overall spots plus twenty two hundred at number two plus nine hundred number three, because I do think it's gonna be quarterbacks one, two, three regardless, and it would not shock me if JJ McCarthy wound up in the like. And it's such a projection for him because of the way he played at Michigan and how he was sort of asked to be this game manager. But traits, trades, traits, Like everyone loves the traits with him. The arm strength, what they've seen of him when he's asked to throw the ball frequently or throw it against good defenses, his mobility, his size, everyone loves that stuff. And like for me, Drake May has been my number two all along, and I don't doubt that.
Speaker 4: But it's funny. I've seen a lot of people sort of.
Speaker 3: Nay saying about Drake May, like they're not enamored with the arm talent for some reason, which I don't know how you watch his tape and not be very fond of the arm talent. But Daniels getting back to him bogs. He is the one wild card for me because it's hard to argue with what he did last season. The numbers he put up were absolutely phenomenal, and he did it in the best conference in the country. But at the same time, he had only this one year of other worldly production. He had, you know, possibly two of the top four receivers in this draft that he was throwing to. Although you know, no one knocked Joe Burrow when he had the same type of situation at LSU a few years before Jade Daniels had that situation in LSU. And he kind of takes a lot of slot knockers bogs when you watch him play.
Speaker 1: He does get popped any once in a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's certainly not Anthony Richardson size, so you worry about that a little more with a slighter framed quarterback.
Speaker 4: So I like Jade Daniels a lot. I'm just not.
Speaker 3: I've never the projection of the NFL has just never been a crystal clear one for me. So he's kind of a mystery box coming in that.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I still have him at third uh, because I just can't put him ahead of Williams May because I'm you know, I mean, I don't say I will never say can't miss, because you know, pretty much everybody missed on Rosen, right, so I want to say can't miss, But they're as can't miss as they come to me for Cayleb Williams and Drake May right. So that's why for me, I understand the love for McCarthy, I don't have as much of it as you and thor and Debro seem to have with McCarthy. I do like McCarthy, but I am a little concerned learned about the way he was used at Michigan.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It was he passed sparingly and so much on the defense was focused on the run game that it made those passes maybe a little bit easier for him.
Speaker 1: So it's just about that transition.
Speaker 2: So my second tier, which obviously we're a little mixed up now, is I have but possible first rounders. McCarthy. I do think he's going to be a first rounder. I do think that Pennix and bo Knicks are on the bubble, right. I think that there's a potential for them still to go in the first round.
Speaker 1: Not so much.
Speaker 2: Because either one of them really deserves to be in the first round.
Speaker 1: I don't know that they do.
Speaker 2: I think in most years you would look at these guys and go, these are second round guys.
Speaker 1: But that's not the way the NFL works.
Speaker 2: When the NFL had nothing but third and fourth round quarterbacks in the draft a couple of years ago, Picketts still went in the first round. Right team, some teams are quarterback desperate, and I think it's going to push these guys you up. I think you know, you get the extra year. I've mentioned this multiple times, get the extra year on the contract if.
Speaker 1: You take these guys in the first round.
Speaker 2: So maybe a couple teams straight up back into the first round at the bottom to get that extension on these dudes. So I think Pennix and bo Nicks are also potentials for the first round, so I'd put them in there with McCarthy. Obviously McCarthy is in a different tier for you, is the next tier for you?
Speaker 1: Just Penix and bon Nicks.
Speaker 3: I've debated whether to put Spencer Rattler in with those two, and I don't think Rattler has any chance to go on day one. And I agree with you that Pennix and Boenix both do a chance. Maybe both go, Maybe both of them slide into early round two.
Speaker 4: It's more of a.
Speaker 3: Mystery as to where Rattler goes. But would you be surprised if Spencer Rattler was better than bo Nicks.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I would be shocked. What would be surprised? Maybe a little?
Speaker 2: You know, bo Nix has a pretty good track record ore Go, and I know everyone not everyone a lot of people talk about the Auburn but it's like he was starting as a freshman. We kind of talked about this with Cody last week. He was starting as a freshman, you know, and it was a weird situation, and the coaching staff has all gone, you know, so that is so far gone to me. I don't care about it anymore. What I care about is what has he done recently? And you know, Pennix and Nicks are completely different players that I think could end up looking close in terms of fantasy because they both do it in different ways. But at the end of the day, the stat line may look the same, which is why you know, things like PFF you get different grades for the same stat line because it's different. But yeah, I think Pennix is this vertical passer. I think if you put him in Minnesota, I think if you put him in Tampa Bay, you know, I think if you put him in one of those spots, he's going to be great. If you put bon Nicks in a place with a lot of talent like Atlanta, you know where he is kind of being that brock Purty game manager. And you know, there's nothing wrong with being a game manager, especially with the tools that you have if you're a brock party and in fantasy, I don't give a crap how it gets there. I just want the points to be the same, right, So they both could do it different ways, but they you know, it requires them to be drafted in the right place. I think bo Nix is a little more his success is going to depend more on the guys around him than Pennix. But Penix also had great wide receivers at Washington, three guys that are going to get drafted this year, so you know was I still think Pennix is great. A lot of injury history there too, But they're both a little murky. That's kind of what I have in it. Maybe McCarthy is less murky, but I still think there's a chance that they're drafted somewhat close together. So I put them in this tier. But you would have so you're gonna put Rattler in with them those guys or is this something that you're waiting for the combine results and maybe some of the buzz from the combine to come out.
Speaker 4: I'm on the doing that on the fence about it.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, I would say no, Rattler's not on the same tier as Penix and Nicks. But I think he almost worked himself onto the cusp of that with his senior ball performance. And I know he not not only like in practices in the game, but I think his interviews and like with the media.
Speaker 4: I don't know how things have gone with the teams he's.
Speaker 3: Talked to or if you know, he's had a lot of communication with the teams that might be looking to draft a quarterback. But you know, I know Eric Froton and some of the other people who talked to Rattler were really impressed by how he carried himself and you know, how business like and just seemed like he had a great head on his shoulders for a guy who's been bounced around a lot and came into the college ranks as this uber prospect and had probably more things go wrong than right for him at the collegiate level in so many ways.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 2: There's been less talk about Spencer Rattler, who has been amazing in the process so far. Then there was about Stetson Bennett last season, you know, who was getting arrested during the Senior Bowl because he didn't go right. And there's a question to whether that guy is even going to play football anymore. So Yeah, Look, Spencer Ratler was a problem during his Netflix stays. That was five years ago. That's over, and he was a kid. You know, there's been a lot of maturation. He went from Oklahoma South Carolina. Now he's in the pros. There's once again a lot like the bon Nick stuff. I don't care that's in the past. What can he do for me now? I think Denver is a perfect spot for him. You know, I've said this a bunch of times too, But coach that has worked with a undersized quarterback and made him great before Sean Payton with Drew Brees, So I think Rattler would fit in Denver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we move on, just one one thing, Bogs, I'm not quite in love with McCarthy to the extent that deebro and Thor are. Just to be clear, Yeah, I mean, like I'm very It's more, I mean I thought he was.
Speaker 2: Sorry did someone on this podcast just say that they put a bets on McCarthy to go second and.
Speaker 1: Third, Well, then you're not as high as those guys.
Speaker 4: That's partly it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm I'm intrigued by the tools, Bogs. But it's more the buzz you hear about where he's going to go in drafts, and how he has been steaming up boards and how maybe you know, like everyone seems to be reporting that the NFL likes him a lot more than draftnicks do, right, And.
Speaker 2: You know, it is the way that these guys are looked at. First Rounders, especially high first rounders, keep getting opportunities, whether they flame out or not. Look at Sam Darnold, it took him till this year to not get an opportunity to start, right, So those guys that are picked that high hold higher value, specifically in super FL leagues.
Speaker 1: A couple other guys.
Speaker 2: I have Michael Pratt in there with Spencer Rattler as kind of the Day two guys. I think third round I think is like where those guys fall to at most, and then you have I have Day three. I think Joe Milton, Jordan Travis, Devin Leary get drafted. I don't know if it's before the sixth or seventh round those guys because they are projects. Is there any other quarterback that you would want to throw in there that you've watched and maybe liked more than others?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe Sam Hartman gets drafted in six or seventh round if someone you know loves him in interviews or something like that. But we're talking about the group, even with Spencer Pratt, where it's just like or excuse me, Michael Pratt, where you're just sort of throwing a dart at a guy who you can maybe nurture as a backup for two or three years, and you know, sort of in the I don't know, maybe not even in the Hendon Hooker class of last year. But I'm always intrigued by Joe Melton, a guy who can put a ball into orbits and has that kind of arm talent, you know, a guy who would not be out of place as a ninth and encloser for an MLB team.
Speaker 2: This guy can a little too wild, Yeah, I think, Yeah, if you need eighty yards, he'll get you eighty yards.
Speaker 1: If you need fourteen yards, he'll get you eighty yards.
Speaker 2: You know, it's the ball is coming out at that same high velocity.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a lot of time y as Thor has said, he is Nukla Louche from Boulder. Yeah, basically throws the gas so you don't know where it's going.
Speaker 2: Hit the mascot. I swear to God it's gonna work. Before we get to the running backs, I you know you just mentioned. I just want to remind you guys that thor nye From and Derek Brown recently did their preview of the NFL Combine, which dropped on Tuesday. They'll be back next week to recap the combine. So keep it locked right here on the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast to listen to what they have to say when they get back from the combine, and listen before and hear what is correct. Let's go to the running backs here, Fitzie, this is tougher. Running backs and wide receivers are tougher. But I'm going to just give you here's how I see it. As of right now, I have possible first RB off the board. I have five guys in this group. I've got Jonathan Brooks from Texas, Trey Benson from Florida State, Bucky Irving from Oregon, Blake Corn from Michigan, and your boy, Braylan Allen from Wisconsin. I think these are the five running backs that could possibly be the first one off the board. You know, is that how you see it? Are your tiers more granular or is that kind of how you see it? Because the running back class is a little weak this year. I think if Brooks was healthy, I would have Brooks and then the next four guys, but he's not healthy towards ACL in November.
Speaker 1: So your thoughts on the first tier of RB's, I.
Speaker 3: Do think I kind of see the top tier the same way you do, Bogs and which is interesting considering how subjective things are with this Here's running back class. But that is my top five too, and I do think overwhelming likelihood is that it's one of those five guys who goes number one. But if you wanted to give me one hundred to one odds on Jalen Wright, I think I might put five bucks on that.
Speaker 2: And Jalen Wright has been impressing and moving up boards, and I have him in the next best tier. I have him with I have right with Audrick, Estimee, Ray Davis, Marshawn Lloyd, and Isaiah Davis. The reason I have these guys group together is because I think that these are the other guys in this class that can probably handle a bigger workload. I think everybody else is not that they can't but I think it would be more proving it, especially at the NFL level.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I think we have some nice guys in the next tier, the third tier to me, that are gonna be great pass catchers. But I think these five guys the next are the next best group that could possibly have a major workload. Do you take anyone out of that group or put anyone in in this second tier, FITZI.
Speaker 4: Let's see. I think that kind of the way I see it too. Yeah, I've got.
Speaker 3: Estimate sixth, Davis seventh, Marshawn Lloyd eighth, Jalen Wright ninth, and Will Shipley tenth.
Speaker 4: So who oh Isaiah Davis? So yeah, and he's the one.
Speaker 3: He and Cody Schrader are just sort of out of that tier for me for me, okay, and I have also so for me it's a foreman tier. I don't have Davis in that tier, and I've got him down with Schrader and Shipley.
Speaker 2: Okay. So and look, and that is fair right because fcs guys. The the only reason I put Isaiah Davis in this group is because I think the position is more translatable to the NFL than others. Right, Like I was high on Adam Troutman coming out after watching his film and going, oh my god, this guy can do everything well he can because the competition is way less, I think for running back because it's such a plug and play position.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Now, look, if he goes out there and he has terribly and he doesn't look athletic at all compared to his counterparts, yes he will be lowered, but I could see him being potentially higher too, if he goes out and tests well. I have past catching contributors as my next tier, and that is where I have Shipley Will Shipley from Clemson, Cody Trader from Missouri, Ylan Johnson from Washington, Dylan Lobb from New Hampshire. This is a little different than my last tier. My last year is like kind of shots because running backs, like even if you go through and you look at some free agent running backs Josh Jacobs, Saquon Barkley, Austin Eckler, and then I mean, if you just go further down the line, there are good guys on the wire at running back right now. So anything further than this these four the guys that I have further you know, it's you're competing with some of these other guys from last year a couple of years before that we thought were good running backs, but the position is so deep that they've either been their own practice squads. And there's the even some aging guys in there that are going to compete with the rest of these dudes. But that next four, would you add anyone into lob Dylan Johnson, will Shipley or Cody Schrader.
Speaker 3: Will you very shrewdly have that build as your pass catching group Bogs And the guy I'm gonna mention certainly doesn't really fit in that archetype. But Kimani Vidal of Troy, who I know videl Yeah, so I know Thor is really big on him. And Videll is probably going to run some terrible time in Indianapolis because he's just not that type of dude. But he might be the Kyron Williams of this class where he dramatically outperforms his forty time because speed really isn't his game. He is just a hard nosed yardage gainer and like he's not going to win any sprints to the end zone from his own thirty you know, can't take it to the house from anywhere on the field, not going to be that guy. He's not a jailing right, but really good runner. And I'm just that's a guy we should probably throw the testing numbers out the window for and just pay attention to where he's taken.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at PFF stats for miss tackles force, right uh Andmani Bailey from TCU had seventy so he had a lot sixty nine for Bucky Irving, sixty three from Jonathan Brooks, and these guys have just crazy high elusive ratings. Irving was one forty nine for Brooks. Kimani Videll had ninety four miss tackles forced ninety four. It's a lower level, of course, so you do have some, you know, guys that are gonna be used car salesman trying to make tackles and everything. I understand that, but ninety four that have so many more miss tackles force and it's you know, he's doing it in a box in the phone booth, as we would say, and he's doing it with some power. So a guy that I really like as well, I have him in the best of the rest. I do have Videll and Bailey up the top. Blake Watson getting a lot of Buzz as well from the Shrine game. Isaac Grendo from Louisville is a guy that I watched and like Gerard Jordan, I think could put up some impressive numbers. I know, Keilan Robinson, my guy from Texas, is at least a special teamer. Jason McClellan in that group, Frank Gort Junior is a power runner as well. Anybody else that you like from this group or anyone else that I left off that you would need to put in for running back tears.
Speaker 3: Grendo is really interesting as a size speed guy because he is a big dude and he can fly. I mean, he had transferred from Wisconsin, where I got to see a lot of them bogs and didn't really have any sort of foothold in the running back rotation there to the extent that there was any sort of rotation, because I think he came in while Jonathan Taylor was playing there and then was sitting behind Chas mlucy and Braylan Allen and had to transfer.
Speaker 4: But man, he can run really good kick returner.
Speaker 3: I think that's how he gets a foothold in the league and then maybe, just maybe he can be developed into someone who can pitch into an NFL running back rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and special teams are gonna get a lot of those guys drafted. At the end, when you're splitting hairs, you're looking at the difference between a couple of these guys. Like you said, special teams going to be what puts some of these guys on a roster.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna ask you about Tier one real quick, Jonathan Brooks. As you're so, you're a Texas guy, there might be a little bit of bias involved. We both got guys from our programs in our top five. You're not worried that Brooks's rookie year is basically going to be a red shirt year.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I am, And like I said, if Brooks didn't have the knee injury, I'd have been a tier by himself because I do think he's the best running back in this class.
Speaker 1: And I was.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I was a little underwhelmed watching the running backs here in this class. And I'm usually, I mean, I love running backs. I grew up watch Jerome Bettis. You know what I mean, Bam Morris, Big hulking runners and defense. That is what the Steelers were built on. That's what I love to watch, so I probably get a little overhyped. I think on most running backs coming out, especially guys that make some big explosive plays or look really really fast in the open field, make guys miss things like that. I probably myself, just because I love the position, get a little overhyped, and I found myself a little unimpressed. I thought Trey Benson ran a little upright. I thought your boy Braylen Allen was a little slow. I know he's still young and everything, but I don't know if we're getting that speed from him. But I mean, if he does, if he is fast enough, there's so much upside there. I think my favorite guy outside of Brooks is Bucky Irving. I do think he needs to go to a system that fits him. But he's so shifty in the open field. He's not gonna be a guy that gets, you know, twenty touches. But I do kind of see him in that Devon a Chan a Chan I always screw his name up. Now, that is not Devin a Chan but he's kind of built in that sand. He's a speedback, right, Uh, he's shifty. He's a little bit more than a speedback a lot like a chan. But I think that if like my vision of him is put him in Philly, right, put him in Philly, and uh, when you have Jalen Hurts to worry about, you have a j Brown and DeVante Smith and Dallas got you have all of these weapons to worry about. In Philly, you get a little extra room to run and he he hits the whole heart. Man. I'm excited about Bucky Irvy, so I think he's my one, but I do I think this is the right group of guys that could be the first off the board because I have I'd be no us no shock to me if Blake Korm is the first guy off the board.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 2: Braylen has so much potential, Trey Benson is so fast, right, I don't I'm not gonna be surprised if any of those guys are first off the board. I am going to be surprised with Jalen Wright's first off the board, right, I won't be shocked, but I'll be like, Okay, well, you took him over Brooks, you took him over Benson, you took him over Irbit, you took him over all these guys. I think have a little more upside than Jalen Wright, So I would be surprised there anything else in terms of the running backs or the tiers for the rbs here fits. Is there anyone we missed that you wanted to bring up?
Speaker 3: No one we missed bugs, But I do think that this is going to be a very draft sensitive group as far as rankings go. Like, absolutely, we have Jonathan Brooks number one, and if he goes to a great place, a place where he is poised to come in and at the end of twenty twenty four early twenty twenty five and just tear it up in a good offense with a coach we like, great. But man, I mean, I think Blake Korum goes from possible number one in dynasty rookie drafts to assure number one. If the Chargers let Austin Eckler walk and draft Blake Korm in the second round, like he's a slam dunk number one on everyone's board at that point, or if the Ravens draft Braylen Allen in the second round, or Trey Benson for that matter, Like I know you know your concerns about Benson, but I'm sure some of them would be assuaged if all of a sudden, Benson lands in a great spot where he's the lead guy in a really prolific offense with a good running game.
Speaker 2: Put him in Philly, right, put him somewhere where he is going to be the number one great Put him with the New York Giants where now you're facing nine man boxes because the on line sucks and they have no passing game. Then yeah, there's way way different. So all running backs are you know, draft sensitive, but this year's specific. Yes, I agree with you, especially since the top tiers that group, like last year, wouldn't matter where John Robinson went. He was one off the board, didn't matter, right, same thing with Gibbs was two, didn't matter where he was going. Gibbs was two and he didn't end up in a good spot and he was still number two Gibbs was. So yeah, I'm absolutely with you. Before we go to wide receivers. By now, most of you have probably heard Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager.
Speaker 1: But the question is, have you tried it?
Speaker 2: It's time to see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract in salary cap functionality, and much much more. Think it sounds complicated, it is not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy Front Office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league.
Speaker 1: It just requires more strategy.
Speaker 2: Thank you're among the fantasy elite, this is the platform to test your metal. If you're still not sure, you can test out your general manager skills for Frublee free in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or lead today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality Sports Online dot Com.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the wide receivers. This one. Wo.
Speaker 2: There is so much talent in this class that it is hard. I feel like to tear out the white outs Fitsie. I'll just tell you how I have it. For the top three guys, I have the tippy Top, which is Malik and Marvin Harrison, and then I have the Roma Dunes tier, which is just Roma Dunsa. I understand if you want to put him in uh with Malik and Marvin Harrison, I don't, I think. I mean, every day I feel like I'm inching more towards putting Malik over Marvin Harrison. I don't think I can do it. I think they're both really really good, so to me, that's a coin flip, but it's not. I would put Rome firmly third behind those guys. So and I still think he's awesome. So he's so much better than anybody else that was in last year's class, So he's still very very high to me. But me, I've got Malik in Harrison in that first year. How are you separating the top three guys.
Speaker 3: There, Marvin Harrison by himself, Neighbors and Oduns together, And I think Neighbors is closer to Dunze than Harrison. And I know that's sort of now suddenly that makes me the hot takey one. But I do think that people who are talking about having Neighbors ahead of Marvin Harrison is kind of just a non conformist thing. Honestly, bugs Like, I don't know how you could say that when you've got the guy who's bigger, who literally I don't know what the holes in Marvin Harrison's game would be. And Neighbors is a remarkable playmaker in his own right. No knocks on him whatsoever except he's played like his quarterbacking has been far superior, certainly last year, and with Brian Thomas playing along with him, so like, defenses can only give so much attention to Malik Neighbors. Whereas, then again, Harrison did have other great receivers of course, so that that's not an argument like exclusively to Neighbors. But I just seeing his believing with Marvin Harrison. Maybe it's my big ten bias, bogs, but I just think he is the best in the class, hands down.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're boiling wide receivers down to one stat I think yards per route run is my favorite, and Marvin Harrison is three point four to four. Malik Neighbors is three point six four. Troy Franklin's three three two, Javon Baker's three two one, Leaguette was three one five. Those are the only guys over three. Malik Washington over three, TODs Washington over three. I guess my one difference sliding between these two guys would be I think Harrison is going to make the bigger plays, the more downfield plays. I think Malie is gonna make the more impressive broken tackles, catch it, short, run with it plays. So but they're both getting you there the same way, which is why I have them in the same tier. And I have Rome, which I still think Rome is very good. I just think Malik Neighbors has a way to It's almost Antonio brownish, and obviously I watched a lot of Antonio Brown where he is not slowing down. There's like the stop start is maybe better than anyone I've ever seen. So I think that's the one thing that is pushing me towards Neighbors and Harrison. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I haven't done it yet. So I have them, but they're next to each other.
Speaker 2: So if the Cardinals were gonna take Milik Neighbors instead of Marvin Harrison, I wouldn't say, what the hell are you doing? You gotta take Marvin. I think Fitzwood. But I would be like, Okay, they got another really good one. Who's gonna get Marvin now. Now, Marvin is the deal. I think whoever gets taken second is the deal between those two. So but I asked you at the top three because I think that's the clear. You know, that's the clear tippy top. There's no one else that's challenging those three, right, correct?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 3: Okay, big drop off, I think after o'doonsay.
Speaker 1: And I think so too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it totally fair points on Malik Neighbors and our guy Matt Waldman has talked to us before about how maybe one of the most important traits, not only at the running back position, but a wide receiver too, is the ability to change direction without slowing down. And Malik Neighbors is a special dude in that facet of the game.
Speaker 2: And you could see it last year. It didn't translate to the field, but you could see it. Like watching Calvin Ridley through his breaks and everything versus Christian Kirk and everybody else in Jacksonville. He could just tell athletically Calvin Ridley was the best. Doesn't mean he's going to be the best on the field. No, he was good last year. He wasn't everything people thought he was going to be though, So anyway, I have the next tier as borderline first rounders. Uh, and this is I can see any of these guys going in the first round. I have Brian Thomas from LSU, Kean Coleman from Florida State, ad Ni Mitchell from Texas Iavy You're Worthy from Texas and Troy Franklin from Oregon.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 2: Settled on in order for these guys yet because I feel like I like the guy who I watched last between all four of them the most right, which we'll get separators in the combine plus with some buzz. But this is my next group? Is this your next group? Is anyone out of this? Do we put anybody else in it? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: My exact group? But I would add Ladd McConkie to this group.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lad is going in there?
Speaker 3: Ye, But yeah, Coleman, Kean Coleman, Brian Thomas, Troy Franklin, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConkie, and Ni Mitchell. So yeah, we're pretty much in lock step here, Bogs, with the exception of mconkie. But yes, testing for these guys and where they go in drafts, it's gonna be really interesting. But I don't think anyone from this group falls past round three, there's no chance and this is a some of these guys are gonna be round one. It's possible none of these guys go after the second round, let alone, like in some ways I'd be I think I would be surprised if any of these dudes slipped into the third round.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think I would be. But this depends on how the board breaks. Plus so much is going to depend on the wide receiver class from not only the combine but also the signings right, and is it are we going to get a game of wide receiver chicken from general managers in the first and second round of We're not taking wide receivers because I know I can get a good wide receiver later because there's so many of them. So I'm gonna take my offensive linemen that are upper tier, my edge guys that are upper tier corners, you know, things that positions that are less depthy, not only in this draft but also in the league. So I think it's going to be interesting once we get there as to where these guys are going to end up going, because are we going to get that? You know, because even doing mock drafts and watching mock drafts I keep hearing. I saw Rix Bielman do one the other day for CBS, and he was saying, I'm not going to take the wide receiver here because I know I can get a good one in the second round. So I'm going to take an olignment for whatever team. I'm going to take a D lineman for whatever team because I know I can address this position later. Our actual GM is going to have that same thought process. That is going to be very interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leveraging the depth of the position. I could see that happening. But man, at the same time, like it's.
Speaker 1: You got to get the best players, and these guys are good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and if you you know, if you've got all your picks and you don't want to have to move up, you got to wait thirty two picks, tell your next guy, unless you start to panic and there's a wide receiver run and all of a sudden you have to move up to get one of the guys you want before there's a drop off on your big board, on your team board. So yeah, we'll be interesting to see who how this is played. And there's some guys behind the second tier who I'm sure some NFL teams would maybe include with that second tier group or third tier group before splitting up the top three in the two tiers.
Speaker 1: Right, and you know that that tier will just go to it.
Speaker 2: But real quick, in this tier of you know, you're throwing McConkie in here with Brian Thomas, Keyonkleman and ad Na mitchell' zavi are worthy, Troy Franklin. If you're throwing Jordan Addison coming out of USC in that group, is he more of a close to Roma Duneesa guy or is he in this group and is he at the top of it or is he kind of mixed in to this group?
Speaker 4: I'd put him up like with o'doonsay. I mean that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Addison is pretty and maybe I didn't think that last year and should have been on him more, But now that I've seen it, seen him in the NFL, and probably seeing that he got Kenny Pickett drafted in the first round, I should have thought that way all along with him.
Speaker 2: That's not just Jordan Addison, that's also bad drafting from Pittsburgh, true, So.
Speaker 1: I'm not letting him off the hook.
Speaker 2: I have the next tier as the big tier, and I like all these guys so much. I've got Roman Wilson in here from Michigan, obviously at the Senior Bowl jumped up a lot.
Speaker 1: I have Lad mcconaukie in here.
Speaker 2: We'll put him in the above tier and not mention him here because we've already talked about him. But I also have Ricky Piersoll from Florida, Javon Baker from UCF, Jlen Polk from Washington, Malachai Corley from Western Kentucky, Brennan Rice from USC, Davontes Walker from North Carolina, and Xavier Laguette from South Carolina. I still put in here, even though they are lowering themselves in the process. I still think the tape says a lot. I mean, maybe Walker has fallen beyond this tier because of the drop issues right, and Laguet came in a little bit more undersized than we expected him to at the Senior Bowl, but his production was still really good. I think Walker is still very talented, So I would accept if you have those guys a little bit lower. I know I'm higher on Brendan Rice and most people as well. The rest I think are definitely in this tier. So is this third tier fourth tier, however you want to break it up. Is it as big as this to you or are you a little more granular in your tiering of these wide receivers.
Speaker 3: No, and again it's as with the last group. I'm pretty much in lockstep with you, except I would have added one more guy. I would add Jalen McMillan from Washington. Okay, Like I think, to me, I don't think there's a huge gap between Polk and McMillan. And wasn't McMillan sort of ahead of Polk in the pecking order before McMillan got hurt in Washington.
Speaker 2: I mean it's kind of yeah, it kind of has gone back and forth. I think I like Polk with the size a little bit more than McMillan, But it's not like McMillan is right right, So you know, uh yeah, I mean I would accept so many other guys in this group, and we're gonna get We're gonna get that separation at the combine once again, through either testing or buzz.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: So a lot of these questions are going to be answered, maybe by this time next week. I feel like, but yeah, this is such a good group. I mean Wilson and McConkey and Pearsall, and I mean Javon Baker. Cody took Baker maybe a little bit higher than I expected him to go, but he had maybe more buzz than anybody during the Senior Bowl practices.
Speaker 1: So he was good as well.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with me that Leaguette and Walker, while they have taken a hit, they can't be out of this tier because I can't. I can't push him out quite yet.
Speaker 3: Physical traits with both guys, you know, and what I don't know what kind of time Walker is going to run. I think he's one of the guys who could probably help or hurt himself most with his forty because I know at top speed he can get up to like twenty three miles an hour that he's been clocked at that And yeah, like didn't have a great week at the Senior Ball. But I think he's also a little on the younger side, so a guy who could definitely be coached up. And maybe he's not one of these guys you expect to hit right away because of the profile, because he's a little raw because he's a vertical receiver. But yeah, like I still think tes Walker is pretty exciting all and on, Laguette is kind of the interesting guy because he was He's not younger, he's an older prospect. It didn't really hit until his fifth year in college as a fifth year senior. But man, like what a specimen this guy is. And if it was just a matter of some guys are late bloomer and the light just went on for him in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: So agree, we shouldn't rule him out.
Speaker 3: But Bog's unlike our second or that big group we had that starts with like Brian Thomas and Kean Coleman, Xavier Worthy, Troy Franklin, those guys. The draft range for those guys is probably back half of the first round to very tip top of the third round. For this group, I think it's anywhere from. Like, you know, it wouldn't shock me if Roman Wilson was like a second round pick. But it wouldn't shock me if some of these guys didn't hear their names called till the fifth Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's kind of what Brennan Rice is at right, because I like him.
Speaker 1: I like the physicality.
Speaker 2: I heard Steve Smith made his pro comparison to put Checko to him because of the way he runs like he's angry at the ground. He's got those big high knee steps and all that's up for me. It's a physicality, you know. I don't know if this guy's going to test very well. I don't know if he's gonna have eye popping numbers or move himself up in the process at the combine. In fact, I don't really expect him to. But what I've seen on film is a huge catch radius, great at contested catches, and just physical.
Speaker 1: And I like those guys.
Speaker 2: I like those guys that are going to get in and get scrappy and not have to you know, you don't have to beg George Pickens to block at the line. He's just gonna do it. That's Brendan Rice. I love the motor. I love the effort from that guy for sure. Is there is there anyone who's the closest to moving themselves in up to the next tier?
Speaker 1: Is it Roman Is?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously you had lad already in there, so we'll just take him out.
Speaker 1: But is it Roman? Is it peersal?
Speaker 2: Is the who's the most likely to push themselves after the combine into that next tier?
Speaker 3: I think it's probably Roman Wilson if he can pare a really good senior ball with a you know, good combine performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I think it's probably Roman as well.
Speaker 2: The last year I have I have the surprisingly still good tier, and I probably there's more wide receivers than I have listed here that can go in here. Obviously you talked about Jaylen McMillan. You have him up in the next year. Johnny Wilson with that size six ' six, right. Jamary Thrash had a great year at Louisville. Uh Malik Washington moved himself up at the Shrine game. Jermaine Burton has unteachable speed. We know Debro was high on Luke McCaffrey coming after the Senior Bowl. Jaqwan Jackson from Tulane I think is going to be a great slot wide receiver TOAJH Washington. Another guy that is very, very shifty out of usc Cornelius Johnson didn't get a lot of opportunities in he's six ' three coming out of Michigan. A guy with size that was underutilized. Uh Marcus Rosemary Rosemary jack Saint from Georgia. I always screw his name up I trip over it every time. But he's another guy underutilized so many weapons at Georgia, didn't get everything he could have. There could be a better pro than a collegiate player. Nia Smith from A and M as a track guy. Isaiah Williams from Illinois had a lot of good production as well. So am I missing anybody from this tier? I'm sure I'm missing somebody because there's so many other good ones.
Speaker 1: I didn't mention. But who who do you like out of this last group?
Speaker 4: Did you? Did you mention Jermaine Burton Bogs?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like, how can you not be intrigued by Johnny Wilson with his his size? The Marquise Colston of this class, who we're not even sure is going to be classified as a wide receiver depending on where he goes. You know, I could see someone wanting to use him as a big Darren Waller type tight end.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean it's a fun group.
Speaker 3: Luke McCaffrey could could maybe make a case for him being a tier above, maybe a case for Burton. I kind of like you mentioned all the names I've got in this tier. Isaiah Williams is kind of interesting just because he never played on some pretty run heavy teams with not great quarterbacking, but he was always like struck me as a big ten guy as being a really tough cover for people he was going up against.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it will be interesting.
Speaker 3: Probably this is the wildcard group, Like, you have no idea where these guys are gonna go in the draft.
Speaker 2: Fourth round to undrafted is probably the range for these guys. Is once again gonna be a lot of separation at the combine and probably pro Dace too because the class is so deep. But yeah, there's so much talent in this class, it's kind of unbelievable, which is what we've been talking about for a while at the quarterback and at the wide receiver position before we go to tight ends. Is there anyone else we need to mention? A wide receiver here fits you?
Speaker 4: I think we have everyone.
Speaker 3: Maybe after the combine, but as for now, I don't think we missed anyone.
Speaker 2: Just to let everybody know, our mock draft simulator tool is now open at fantasypros dot com slash sul. It's a fast and free way to practice for any kind of draft dynasty.
Speaker 1: Startup drafts rookie drafts. We're talking about it right now.
Speaker 2: Again, that's fantasypros dot com slash simulator to get some mocking in today.
Speaker 1: Never too early for rock drafts.
Speaker 2: Of course, that takes us to the last position for skill for fantasy here tight ends for me fits. I mean, I think it's pretty clear it's the brock Bowers here, it's the Gitavian Sanders here, and then it's the rest here.
Speaker 1: Not overly complicated.
Speaker 2: Brock Bowers is a you know, we'll throw it up in air quotes because it doesn't always hit the generational type of talent, unbelievable production. I mean, we've all wanted to draft brock Bowers in our rookie drafts since he was a freshman at Georgia.
Speaker 1: We had to wait the three years. The weight is over.
Speaker 2: I feel like there hasn't been so much like negative talk about brock Powers. That was that one pick sure of him standing next to Gronk where he looked like a skinny teenager. But come on, that's Gronk. You know, Gronk is enormous. But I mean just the production was unbelievable and no one else is really close to him. I love Jatavian Sanders. I don't think in terms of, you know, coming out of college. Maybe at the end of the day, they'll be closer in their pro careers, but it's not close right now. It's Brock Bowers with a bullet. As her boy Thor would say, Sanders is number two with a bullet. I don't think there's anybody close to him in terms of playing this position coming into the league this year that is even close. And then there are guys down there that we like traits, but they're all kind of projects in terms of fantasy. So it's really one of two options at tight end this year.
Speaker 3: It seems like, yeah, there's a broad consensus on those two being the top two, and there's no chance anyone jumps Jatavian ahead of Bowers. I don't think there's much chance anyone jumps Tavian, like, I don't know, maybe if someone really lit it up with.
Speaker 4: The testing like Jaheim Bell or yeah, like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, And because Avian Bell would have to come in and higher than six to one if he is gonna good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the issue with him that he does not have anything close to tight end size, and it's really more of an h back type, jack of all trades guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and that that will be how these third tier tight ends uh fall in the NFL Draft and in Dynasty rookie grat drafts Uh, Jaheim Bell, cade Stover, A J. Barnard, Dalen, Hulk, Hulker, Theo, Johnson, Uh bensonat am I forgetting anyone there?
Speaker 2: No, No, you're really not. I mean I like Hulker. I think he's gonna be my three. Uh, the kid from Colorado State. Theo is up there though, so we'll see Ben's not put put those Kansas Day guys with Dan camp right, Put Cooper bb in Detroit, put Benson in Detroit, like those are the type of guys that Dan Campbell likes, it feels like. But all right, so let's do this since there's not a lot to talk about it at the tight ends, brock Bowers versus wide receivers, right, because the tight end position is fairly deep right now, I don't know that it is deep, but it's the same, right, It's you have the tippy top and then you have a kind of a glob of guys. So knowing that brock Bowers versus the rookie wide receivers, because you know, I don't want to say versus quarterbacks and right backs too, because you know super flex the quarterback value is different. But we're putting Bowers against the wide receivers. Who do you take at wide receiver over Brock Bowers? For sure, regardless of landing spot.
Speaker 3: As of now in my overall I've only got Harrison and Neighbors ahead of him. But I consider it basically a coin flip between Bowers and odoon say, Okay, what about you?
Speaker 2: I think I have him behind those four wideouts and then it's are those three white outs?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? And then he's fourth.
Speaker 2: So but I'll say, maybe landing spot would change me for more for Bowers than for o Doonsay and Molik Neighbors right or Marvin Harry. I mean, I'm not taking him ahead of Neighbors and Harrison for sure. I think go Dunsay is the question. So maybe like if Bowers ended up in New England right where they have nobody else and it's just Brock Bowers, maybe I take him ahead of Roma Dunsay.
Speaker 1: If he ended up in Cincinnati somehow, ye whatever, Yes, you know what I mean? Like that is.
Speaker 2: That's the one spot where he would have to be pretty specific for me to do it. But that's probably it. And Brock Powers is awesome, but still fourth. The wide receivers just so good. Even if he best third at best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if I would say he went to a very suboptimal place like New England, for instance, I still think i'd have Bowers ahead of Troy Franklin, Brian Thomas, Kean Coleman, all those wide receivers and tier three who we love.
Speaker 1: I want him to go to New England.
Speaker 2: I think New England's a good spot if they get a quarterback right in the first round, you know, I mean, how would they get Brock Powers. But you know, if he were to go to New England, I think that'd be a good spot because they have nobody else. He'd get peppered with targets, you know, maybe fifteen targets a game or some absurd number. You know, realistically probably seven or eight, but just more potentially than no dunsay.
Speaker 1: If he ended up in a spot, you know, if he's in.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, let's put on Dunday in Atlanta right next to well, now he's third, right fourth in the pecking order because you have Bijon, then you have Drake, then you have Pits and then you would have a Dunsay. Oh, Dunsay could easily work himself. I feel like to being better than Drake London because he is that type of talent, but it wouldn't be instant. I think it might take a little bit. So anyway, we've talked a lot about our tears. This is how we have them. Is there anything? What was the most egregious of my tiers that you hated here, FITZI was it the fact that I have Odoonza behind Neighbors and Harrison, Or was it that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Have lad in with those other whiteouts?
Speaker 4: Probably? I mean, really nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised how in sync we are, Bogs. It might be a boring run up to the draft. We're not going to argue as much as we'd hoped.
Speaker 1: We'll find something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, No, I mean I think I'm probably the outlier in having a dun Say close to Neighbors and maybe just Mconkie. I think lad okay and to be honest, pre senior ball I wouldn't have had him in that tier either. But after the Senior ball I think you have to put him there, and like what he put on film in those.
Speaker 1: Practices, he's just as open. That's the thing with Ladd as he's always open.
Speaker 4: Such a smooth over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also I build a little bit into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you had so much talent at Georgia, you know, people trying to cover Rock Powers too. Not for all of this year though, Rock Bowers mister big old chunk, So you know Lad was doing it by himself a little bit too.
Speaker 1: So maybe I do need to put him in that tier. But I like all those guys.
Speaker 2: I like him in Roman and Piersoll and I still, like I said, I still think Laguette and Walker, even though they're moving down boards a little bit right now, I think they could easily build themselves back up with good showings at the Combine.
Speaker 1: But that is it for us for this week.
Speaker 2: We will be back next week normal time, I think next week. So the traveling man here is going to be back from all of his pit stots of Vegas and Nashville and everything, so he should be back on track and the next week.
Speaker 1: But that is going to wrap it up for us.
Speaker 2: Follow me on Twitter app Bogman Sports and Fits at Fits Underscore FF and we will see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on.
Speaker 1: Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 5: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.