Speaker 1: So as we're recording this, you can tell behind you, Danielle, that it is February twentieth.
Speaker 2: That's right, my mom's birthday official.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday shout out.
Speaker 1: We still have not exchanged our Christmas gifts.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting in my closet right now, as excited as I am to see your expressions when I give you your gifts.
Speaker 3: I want my friend.
Speaker 5: So crazy, How do we.
Speaker 3: Make this happen?
Speaker 1: It's been too much now getting bordering on ridiculous. Danielle and I live ninety seconds from each other. I know I can at least have half my presence today.
Speaker 5: I got you guys puppies, so I've been keeping these dogs along.
Speaker 3: They are now dogs.
Speaker 5: They're no longer puppies.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 5: We got you a pony. You're dealing with two ponies. They're both named Susie. Susie one Susie.
Speaker 3: I've got so many grappling hooks in my closet for you. Writer.
Speaker 5: This is now.
Speaker 3: I don't need getting ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I want my presence, Okay, I mean the annoying thing is that we've seen each other too, like we've we've done photo shoots we've seen each other and we just have it's like.
Speaker 5: We're going to do a night. We talked about doing the Magic Cast Magic Cast, which one of our amazing listeners sent us.
Speaker 2: Invitation to the Magic Castle.
Speaker 3: Magic will be me getting my presence.
Speaker 2: I think we should just exchange Christmas gifts and do Magic Castle whenever we can, and not relate it to Christmas and just actually exchange getting.
Speaker 5: Over zoom and then just like mailed them to each other.
Speaker 2: Should we open each others Christmas gifts and then yours was literally.
Speaker 1: Right there because I have so many funny stories about getting especially riders gifts.
Speaker 3: I shopped for a rider entirely this year on Instagram.
Speaker 4: What and you know.
Speaker 1: That leads to so many random emails going is this a scam?
Speaker 3: Did I did? Are you not just gonna send me something?
Speaker 1: Then actually getting it and going this was not the size it looked like on the screen.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's you hear.
Speaker 5: Me, grappling hook it's gonna be It's gonna be like a doll sized grapplings. I saw it was a grappling hook, but it was for Batman action figure. I had nothing to do with.
Speaker 2: Nominds me I ordered off of I don't know if you guys have heard of the app t MoU t e m you I have actually, Okay, so I ordered off the mistake this thing that was like a giant It's supposed to be like a phone booth and inside like a like a lantern, but it's supposed to a phone booth and there's snow and somebody standing inside of it, and I was like, this is beautiful. Was around Christmas? It arrived and it was yeah, it was an inch and a half and I hung it on the tree. It literally now an ornament.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh no. The best was you know, I was prepping for like earthquake prep, and it was like, oh, you should have a a crowbar by your bed, Like yeah, everyone should have a crowbar by their bed. I was like, oh, that's a good call, So I ordered a crowbar.
Speaker 2: Of course, what am I going to do?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get myself out of this.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 5: This is the worst.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's kind of happened, TIMU. I think it was the one that did all the big Super Bowl push, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sue saw it popped on the screen and she went, yes, that whole thing was a scam.
Speaker 2: I know I did too. Here's what I'll tell you is a scam. When you have the app and then you haven't used it for a while and you open it for some reason, it targets you with all of these like here, spin this wheel and you'll get a certain percentage off. By the way, you always get one hundred percent off.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so they're just mailing you free stuff basically.
Speaker 2: But then but then it takes forever. It's like you spin the wheel in first, you get twenty percent off, and they go, we're gonna do you a favor. Spin it again, and I'm like, just do me this. I know this routine now.
Speaker 5: I know it's the gambler.
Speaker 2: I know which.
Speaker 3: By the way, Danielle, she's waking up. Much money would take it out?
Speaker 5: How much money would take it out? She make gout the wheel again?
Speaker 3: Do you have a spinny wheel? A sty wheel? I could.
Speaker 2: I just got a hat that says future lottery scratch off winner, and it made me decide I'm going to do one scratcher a day for a full year. Are you really waste of money?
Speaker 5: I mean it's three hundred and sixty five dollars, so that's not that big right here.
Speaker 2: I'm not always going to only do one dollar.
Speaker 5: Oh just do one dollar, please, just do one dollar.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll do five. Sometimes I'm even gonna do ten.
Speaker 5: Here's her husband of this podcast, Jensen needs step in. No, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I you know what, I'm gonna start it. I think I'll leapier day because it's an extra.
Speaker 5: It's the light days right now is not cool?
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's like Rider talking about Proost.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that amazing video? The amazing video of the guy. I think he's from Australia. He won three hundred thousand dollars in the scratch off, and the local news brought him to the store to recreate him doing it, and on camera as he was recreating it, he won five hundred grand in the scratch off.
Speaker 2: What yeh got to be kidding.
Speaker 1: So they're like, we want to recreate it. So he's like, I was here, I scratched off. And then you just see him and he goes, I won five hundred thousand, Like that's great. He's like, no, I really just won five hundred and so.
Speaker 5: Won eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: I'm like eight hundred grand in two streets.
Speaker 2: You still think it's a bad idea. Still think it's a bad idea, writer, I still think it's a bad idea. Yes, what if I win thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Look at you, Danielle. I haven't seen you this animated ever.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: We're like, hey, I just had kids.
Speaker 2: I watched the Super Wow. I watched the Super Bowl and it was in Vegas, and I was like, oh, it's calling me.
Speaker 5: I hear Vegas. What part of the Super Bowl made you think of Vegas? Besides the Vegas Vegas.
Speaker 2: They showed the exterior and I was like, look, I wanted there.
Speaker 1: I was just telling the story the other day about us being in Vegas and Jensen. All Jensen wanted to see was the sphere. Just wanted to see the sphere, and we didn't see it the entire time we're there. The plane takes off, it banks around as if it's circling the sphere, like, oh man, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: We land.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you saw it, right, He's like, so what He never looked to the left, and it was.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, you've got to be kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see. We got to go back anyway, Welcome to Pond Meets World. I'm Daniel Fishle, I'm Render Strong, and I want my gifts.
Speaker 3: I'm Wilford.
Speaker 2: Over the past year, we have traveled the United States with one stop in Canada on tour for this here podcast, and there were a few things we could guarantee what happen at every stop. Ryder would have friends. In any city, Will would be tasked to take a picture of me and a fan from Boy Meets World, and the mere mention of the movie my date with the President's daughter will create an instant standing ovation. We've watched the popularity of this dcom vehicle for Will and this week's guest go from a few scattered claps to a pure chaotic moment of nostalgia over the last few months. And keep in mind the movie isn't even legally streaming anywhere and the version on YouTube looks like it was filmed in a cave. So when his co star also popped up on the season three Boy Meets World standout episode, the Last Temptation of Corey, we knew we had to get hurt on the podcast. She broke on the scene as a six year old in Disney's One Magic Christmas. Then as a teenage Alice in the company's live action puppet musical Adventures in Wonderland, she'd end up with a yearances on Highway to Heaven. Unhappily ever after Fresh Prince of bel Air, charmed Criminal Minds, One Tree Hill, and most notably as Morgan Brody on three seasons aka over eighty episodes of CSI. But today we're focusing on the one episode of a Tgia family sitcom where she fools the lead character into coming to her house and then corners him in a closet to make out with him. And we're going to talk a little bit about that President's Daughter movie too. Let's welcome to Pod meets World. Elizabeth Harnwaugh. There she is, all how are you you?
Speaker 4: I'm so good.
Speaker 2: You look fantastic. What glorious hair you have?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Thank you? It's all mine.
Speaker 7: Actually I love it.
Speaker 2: So we like to start off with these episodes asking about your Hollywood origin story. Now, you had an earlier start than most. Tell us how did you end up getting into the business at five years old.
Speaker 4: I think my parents kind of saw in me a very outgoing, performative child. I was. Actually I would memorize commercials. I would perform for them just without being asked, and they were like, let's channel this energy. I also probably think I had undiagnosed adds, so all that energy was but they wanted to channel that energy into something that clearly was my interest, and so they they just took a chance. They'd called SAG and got a list of agents. The first agent we went into was actually a really reputable agency that's no longer he passed away years ago, but I got signed on that like fluke meeting with just a little like what do they call them comp cards or like we're oh yeah, And it all just happened very fast, Like the first a dish and I did, I booked, which was just unheard of. It was a was it the movie or the Hunt commercial? I believe it was that where the Children the first movie that I did.
Speaker 7: Okay, and so yeah, I just worked.
Speaker 4: It just kind of happened really really fast, and they literally just went through. You know, I guess my dad, being he grew up in southern California, so he kind of understood a little bit about the industry from Michigan and had no idea, and I think just him, you know, growing up in around Los Angeles, he kind of knew how to who to call and how to approach it. But none of my family is in the industry at all. They just kind of figured it out.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. It's amazing how many people we have talked to whose families had absolutely no connection to the industry at all, and how people just figure it out. My mom read a book to get the list of agents your parents called SAG. It's so interesting how that works out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because most people, like when you come from a you know, a small town or or Middle America or just not from a big city, people just think they just automatically think it's so out of reach, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: They just don't understand, like it actually isn't that hard. You just seek the information and yeah.
Speaker 2: So wow, yeah you and you went to high school in Marino Valley.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I went to high school Marino Valley, which was actually really nice too. Like my school experiences were really nice, except for the occasional like you know, kid who was rude or mean because of what I was doing extra curricularly. But I have to say, mostly I was blessed, Like I was mostly very much supportive by my friends, so that was cool. I also kind of ran with like a lot of theory people, So well.
Speaker 2: That's actually exactly what I wanted to ask you, Like, did you have two separate groups of friends? Did you have like your actor group friends, your actor group of friends and then your high school friends. Did the two ever intermingle?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean so it wasn't until I I was about like maybe fIF fifteen. Privately, I think I was about fifteen when I did. When It's Worlds, I have to do the dates. But but up unto But like, up until that point, like not a lot because I was on a show that was just me as the only child, and all the other characters were adults, and so I was a little that was a little alienating. And it wasn't until I started to get into my teens that I broke into having some la friends and feeling that vibe going on little dates with actor boys.
Speaker 2: And yes, I want to know who and tell me about the date, Thomas, did you?
Speaker 4: The only one I can say that it happened a little bit was Matthew Lawrence. After I did Brotherly.
Speaker 5: Love, Oh Love, and.
Speaker 4: My friend Rebecca Herbs, she was going out with Joey. She was a little older than me and she was hooking up with Joey, and so she was and we were good friends, and she was like and then the Matthew thing happened. It was very cute. It was very like, we're going out with the brotherly love brothers.
Speaker 2: It's so fun when that happens. Girlfriends, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but having stuff with groups of friends definitely, I mean absolutely absolutely. Once it started happening, was I tried my best to try integrate every now, like a couple of my best friends I would bring into the world of you know, my work, and they were always cool and we could do it. But you know, Maria Valley is an hour, like two hours outside of Los Angeles, right, and that's where I went to high school.
Speaker 3: So did you did you go to college in Connecticut? Yes, that's okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: You went to Wesleyan, right, Yeah, So that's what my parents when I told them the last time that you and I had spoken, they were.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, oh, we miss her. She went to school in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Like they remember that instantly that you had gone to college in Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Just being Connecticut So that's what we remember back in Connecticut is other people who've been.
Speaker 4: Proud to Like I wanted to go to the East Coast. I was like, I need that cold college. I want seasons, and it was like either NYU. Like I applied to Yale and got waylisted and Wesleyan was actually my first choice. But yeah, that was the best time in my life. Honestly, I'm so glad I left and went and did that.
Speaker 7: Some of the best people I haven't learned, you know.
Speaker 4: It was just a good experience.
Speaker 7: Is that in Middletown, Middletown, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: It is Middletown, Okay.
Speaker 1: So the one day I had a real job was directly across the street from the Wesleyan campus.
Speaker 3: I worked at a motorcycle shop for one day, one day, one day, and.
Speaker 1: I sold two lawnmowers. I was very proud of myself, and that was right. That's how I know Middletown's right. I did the motorcycle shop because it had like all kind of it was a Honda shop, so it had like bike Yes, uh.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe that's why you only worked there one day. Are you even legally allowed to be working at.
Speaker 3: Fourteen legal what's illegal? Come on?
Speaker 2: That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: For Will what's legal?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 5: He had a fake ID. He was telling them he was eighteen.
Speaker 3: I wanted to sell lownmowers. I had to start my career Middletown, Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Yep, great, did you just not show up for day tour? Did they fire you?
Speaker 1: It was I was The guy was a client of my dad, so he allowed me to work at the shop one day, like I helped out one day. Were yeah, yes, and and it was kind of like, all right, let's see what the kid can do.
Speaker 3: And he was like, you sold two lawnmowers. I was like, yep, sure did. Yep, it's became So I'm in Philly, I'm from I'm from these coasts.
Speaker 1: Son, So we're southern.
Speaker 3: Southern down there on the East coast.
Speaker 2: Son. So One Magic Christmas was your first project with Disney, which is a company you would become somewhat synonymous with for most of your childhood. It starred Mary Stean Virgin and Harry Dean Stanton, who are two actors who have totally different reputations on sets. What do you remember about filming this as your first big job?
Speaker 4: It was incredible. I have to say it was incredible. I mean I was kind of in awe the whole time. I was very young, still acting from a place of complete just it's some of the I joke about this all the time, like it's probably some of my best acting.
Speaker 2: And how old were you?
Speaker 4: I was only five, But it's like one of those things like when at that age the lines of blurring, the lines blur between reality and what you're doing and you can really get into It's just everything is so natural. Literally, when I go back and watch that, I'm like, I got to get back to that place, you know what I mean. It was.
Speaker 7: It was great.
Speaker 4: And also working with Mary Ce Murgin was very very nurturing and motherly to me, and we've we've remained friends. I ended up going to Wesley with her daughter. Like we had some weird connections that brought us back together working with Ted Danson on CSI, you know, so there was like all these kept us in each other's life. But you know, she and I she was just great to me. But Harry Dean, it was a very funny experience working with Harry Dean because not only was he the sweetest man, but he wasn't always sober, so we would be doing scenes and I hate to I don't think this is an unknown fact, So I don't think I'm putting something out there that's bad.
Speaker 2: No, it's pretty well known.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm like but as a child, for me, it was just kind of like, well, he's just kind of a funny guy's talks kind of slow sometimes and sometimes like I would get it would make fun of me and him because I'd be doing a scene with him and I'd be waiting for him to say his line, but he couldn't be like searching and searching and searching, and then finally I would It would be on my back and I because when it was not on my coverage, I was whispering his life get through the scene, like I have very very clear memories of doing this and he and then one time he went, I know he got so bad.
Speaker 2: I know, Elizabeth so funny. I mean in a way if you know, it's that's the cutest thing ever, like and actually very helpful. If I were ever in those shoes and a five year old was whispering my lines to me and honestly keep it coming, thank you, Just tell me what I'm supposed to say, but of course it feels a little insulting when you have a five year old who knows all your lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But actually both of them were, in their own way, very good to me. I have very good memories bringing and the director was. He's a very well respected, you know, Canadian director, beloved Canadian director. I'm sad he's not with us anymore, but he was great too. He just knew how to make every feel very much like we were in a real family, and it made it fun. It made not feel like work like that movie. I actually had more to do than my first movie, and so it was a lot more work and I was just learning about what that meant, and it didn't feel like work. It just felt like fun, except for when we were like in the snow for hours and I was freezing, But you.
Speaker 7: Know, yeah, that was fine.
Speaker 2: Kids are the joys of Christmas movies.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Well, before you ended up on Boy Meets World, you made a stop on Fresh Prince of bel Air as Stephie during a time when a young Will Smith was just entering mainstream culture. What do you remember about working with Will before he went off to become a massive movie star.
Speaker 4: So I got that job. I mean I auditioned, but they kind of just read me because the producers didn't know me. The director knew me. He directed a lot of Adventures in Wonderland. Belly Jensen was his name, and so I was super excited because I was a fan of the show. I was like, I want to do it absolutely, But the problem was that the character had to be kind of sexy, and my mom was still very much holding onto me not being any of those things at all.
Speaker 2: To write, Yes, how old were you?
Speaker 4: I was fifteen for that, I think fourteen, or I might have been. Yeah, I was about fourteen or fifteen, but I was starting to get, you know, grow things, and things were growing in and I was, you know, things like that. And there was a scene where I had to be in a bathing suit. It's supposed to be like a very sexy bikini, and the whole joke is just that, like, I'm this neighbor, this young neighbor who just keeps coming through their house, you know, coming to their parties, and they're like, oh, she's so hat but that's so not okay, you know. Well, my mom was like, she's not wearing a sexy bikini. And and just Shelly was like, I really need I really want you for this part. I want you to do this, but this is like an important thing. And they compromised on this bathing suit that was so hideous, and I had to sell it with my performance in the way that I walk and everything with the attitude more than the actual revealing nature of the outfit, because it was like it looked like, you know, like how toddlers have like a little like sports broad top and high waisted bikini bottom as their bathing suits. That's what I.
Speaker 2: Not, not, you know, right, not what you would think of when you think it was the storyline.
Speaker 4: Got it, Everything went fine. One of my biggest memories about doing Fresh Prints and working with Will. He was very in that, you know, he knew he was coming up, he knew he was becoming a big star. He knew it, and he was a really very sweet person, very good to me. He knew, you know, he was he loved Shelley the directors, and he knew that I came through Shelley, so he was very good to me. But before each show, he would bring everybody into his dressing room and the way he hyped everybody up for the show is. He would like we were all crammed in like sardines, and he would play his music so loud and jump up and down, jump up and down, jump up, and everybody had to jump up his house.
Speaker 1: How we got like no, wait, wait a minute, wait, his songs like his actual music that.
Speaker 5: I want to start doing this now. I want to. I want to. I want to bring you guys into my dress and you and play my music.
Speaker 2: So no, no, I want you to bring us into your room. This will hold on. If it were writer doing it, he would bring us into his room and read us his poetry, his poetry. Would have to jump up and down.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind of brilliant. You've got it. You play your own music, going to ump everybody up.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean that's not the only time that happens.
Speaker 2: Also, tell me every time.
Speaker 4: I started to record his music and he was like trying to do music. When we were on our first day, we were all in this giant escalator something.
Speaker 2: You need you to say it one more time? Who was it?
Speaker 4: Joey Lawrence. He was blasting his own music in the car and my friend and I were sitting in the back seat just like the.
Speaker 2: Best wait, is this when you guys?
Speaker 4: Is this when you and your friend had a couple of dates?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, on a date, you guys, you're in the car with Matt.
Speaker 4: Honestly, wow, it's just all those kind of moments, like I understand it, Like I have friends who are musicians, and obviously they want you to sit and listen. Actually, in a car is the best place to listen in terms of when you're mixing and finalizing the way it sounds. But it wasn't that. That's not what was happening. Just funny truck, let's listen whatever. I have no negatives about it. It was just occasions. The Freshmriance thing too was me. I was just like, whoa, this is like a level of self hyps love or like self love. I've never seen this before.
Speaker 2: I really love those stories. And now we're gonna have to hype ourselves up for our podcast live tours listening to our podcast, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Guess them over and over the podcast I was talking.
Speaker 3: But it's not just us.
Speaker 1: We have to bring the whole crew and the set and the sound stage and everybody together, Like here, we need to check in.
Speaker 5: Are you guys recording you guys, you guys recording on your own recording.
Speaker 2: Do we have any ads to No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Elizabeth, you you were music mattered to you though, because you're I mean, I imagine you still are.
Speaker 3: But you were a pretty terrific singer.
Speaker 1: Do you still sing and did you start early in your career singing as well or was that late? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, singing. I just kind of started singing as a little tiny girl, like I would. I have all these pictures that my grandparents had around their house of me like standing up either at like my great grandmother's nursing home, were like at like three years old, like getting up with a mic in. I guess I just had a little vibrato or something naturally as a child. And then so my mom was like, oh, you know, I want more, and she was always asking me to sing, and so I just then you know, in church, the church choir, K.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I came up in music a lot, I think, especially in church. Like I was in the kids choir in church, and they were giving me all the solos and stuff, and honestly I didn't train for it until like I didn't actually think about technique and singing in any of that until I was after I had done Adventures in Wonderland, which I sang on like the entire time. But that's where I met the vocal coach that I ended up working with for years after, and she kind of got me all the tools, get rid of the crack and you know all that stuff. I was probably around the time that I was. I had coached with her, around the time that we went to do karaoke, like.
Speaker 1: Oh really, when you go at that, you crushed it at that karaoke. I, on the other hand, was not signed to any label after that. I did both parts of I Got You Babe, which is my karaoke.
Speaker 5: Go to I Got You Babe as your karaoke.
Speaker 3: Go yeah again both That's what I did.
Speaker 5: On Boy Me World. You realize that, right, we did the karaoke watched that.
Speaker 1: No, No, okay, no, I've been doing I Got You Babe since back in the day.
Speaker 3: And I do the Oh I Got you I'll do my own voice.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can't sing you sonny.
Speaker 3: Hell yes, I do Sonny and chair that's that's clever. So so you make it a bit well, No.
Speaker 1: I sing my heart out as you're supposed to do. I just happened to do both roles because of Persatal Rider.
Speaker 2: What did you sing, Elizabeth?
Speaker 3: You remember yep? You sung blue yea, And we came out of the boot.
Speaker 1: I came out of the booth and I had the smile on my face because the engineer was there. You know, there's all these separate who were in Toronto, and so the I come out and you go and they make you like your tape so you can keep your tape, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I said, I was like, this was like a make an album cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like when you're still it's karaoke, it's still on the screen in front of you.
Speaker 3: But they recorded and and you get your tape.
Speaker 1: And so I came out and I was like, hey, bro, I'm gonna need that tape because I got a meeting with RCA next week. And he's just transfixed. He got headphones on and he's transfixed. And I'm like, I knew I was good, but this is a little too much. And he's like, the girl in booth two is killing it right now. Of course it was Elizabeth singing blue, So yeah, he was like, I might make other copies. I was like, I don't know if you're allowed to do that. Yeah, but they she distinctly remember that. Yeah, you crushed that song.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually after Mark mothersbaw Mark. You know who Mark mothers vaws from. Yes, I did Adventures. He was the music supervisor for Adventures in Wonderland and he wanted to work with me and develop me as a as a recording artist. At that time, my mom was not ready for me to go and be like a pop star. She was like, no, we'll wait, and then, you know, the moment passed. I do kind of regret that that I didn't get the opportunity to well, you know, my mom was very protective and both of my parents and understandably. I mean I don't I have no problem with them being that.
Speaker 3: Way, but yeah, protective.
Speaker 4: But I was real ready when I was eighteen. We like, he knows, he knows. That's when we worked together, right after I sign my uncle contracts.
Speaker 2: I yeah, you mentioned a couple of times Adventures in Wonderland, So I wanted to talk about that because it was a puppet show for Disney based on Alice in Wonderland.
Speaker 4: Right, it wasn't a puppet show. It was basically a live action. It was a bunch of Broadway actors playing you know, all the Wonderland characters, and I played Alice. And it was basically a learning show. It was developed to be an educational show, both socially educational like social consciousness, but also spelling and you know, grammar and things like that. And they did it in a very sort of subtle way where kids didn't realize they were learning great about it. And it was also very funny so the adults could watch it too, and it was a musical show. We did two episodes a week. I worked six days for two years straight.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a hard time. It was a blast. It was like it was like hardcore training for like, you know, it was like being on Broadway or something as a child, because I guess on Broadway they do probably six days a week as well. They probably alternate children, though I don't know.
Speaker 7: I was the only child.
Speaker 4: But it was hard, but it was great and I won a bunch of Emmys, you know for different things, you know, for educational show and things like that. So it's a really great thing to be a part and it has such a cult following now it's like people who grew up watching it. There are there's like a little cult following for it, like there's it's still in the in the consciousness and it's on Disney Plus. Actually, so oh how fun it looks? Really it was shot on video, so it looks fabulous.
Speaker 2: But yeah, wow, so does Boy Meets World? Let me tell you?
Speaker 5: Yeah great standard death.
Speaker 3: Yeah so weird.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Boy Meets World, do you remember auditioning and had you seen the show at all before you auditioned for Boy Meets World?
Speaker 4: Of course I did. I was a fan of the show. I don't remember my audition. I'm sure that I did. Obviously I auditioned, But I what I remember about it was being a little bit intimidated because I just thought like, oh, this cast is going to be like real cool and like, you know, in their own little clicks and everything, and.
Speaker 2: Always a concern when you're a guest star.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and with young people, especially, like because kids be mean and after kids can be bratty and mean, and you guys were nothing like that. It was very welcoming. I remember you Danielle were like we had no scenes together, I know, but you were so sweet to me, and I remember because I just wanted I thought you were the cutest human being in the world. I was like, she's adorable, so pretty, and and I was like, we were leaving after rehearsal. You were on set. We were I don't know why you we were there at the same time, and we were walking out. We'd hung out a little bit, but you like, I was like, oh, you're so cute. I was like putting my armor and you're like hugged me around my waist and you're like, I love you.
Speaker 1: Nobody fakes sincerity like Danielle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you two are the worst. What did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, fake sincerity like Danelle? And she really it makes.
Speaker 5: You feel special in the fakest way. It's so, it's.
Speaker 2: Just meanwhile, just a couple of weeks ago, writers saying, do you remember that very sweet gift you went way out of your way to get for me as a teenager? And now here we are, And also add a writer, I've got Adam Scott on the other line. He'd like to have a word with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I just hugged him back and as none of you, it would have been fine.
Speaker 2: Wow, I love it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't care if it was make sincerity for me. It was just like, great, they're not being mean.
Speaker 1: No, it's actually real sincerity from Danielle. Daniel was always very sweet.
Speaker 7: Didn't feel fake, it wasn't fake.
Speaker 2: I was also, by the way, regularly the only girl on set for any extended period of time. So there were always guest star girls that would come, you know, come onto the set, but they were usually you know, they were there for a week, and so when they were there, I was always happy to have like a female friend. Writer was off sulking.
Speaker 4: I would thinking about it, like just me growing doing the show with all the adults, Like I wonder what it was like for Danielle to be just have the three boys all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, Will wasn't in school with us, so I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Will. Although we were friendly, we weren't like but it was like a little sister older brother kind of thing exactly. And it was like, you know, we'd see each other for run throughs, and you know, in between or at the commissary, we would eat dinner together and stuff like that. And Writer, who I loved and was truly one of my closest friends, was regularly moody and preoccupied with his I just wouldn't do.
Speaker 5: A photo shoots with you. If I'd been a little bit more like Andrew Keegan, we could have had we could have so many photos together Instead.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised to know, writer, I have a lot of picture with you. You took quite a few pictures you participated in my photo shoots. Well, I'm glad that you by the way, oh thank you. I'm glad that we made you feel welcome and that you you felt like you were welcomed there and had a warm set to be on, because there is truly nothing worse than the anxiety you feel going as a guest star on a show where you know everyone's going to have their clicks.
Speaker 5: It was a big episode for you too, I mean, really was that entire episode.
Speaker 4: It's a funny funny things about that, that that whole experience. I think I probably lost a few fans playing that role because the girl who I mean. People came up to me after that aired and were like, I just like you, but I don't like you now because you you, you.
Speaker 5: Know, try to take Corey. You tempted Corey, and I was.
Speaker 4: Very like assaulting in that episode, like, yeah, I'm very like when I watched it, it's so weird in the present time to watch these things again and just go wow, that just seemed fine, like normal, and the way they directed it, they kind of they were telling me that, I think because they wanted to keep that balance of like he's not fully at fault or something, so they definitely like urged me to be even more.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, commaradingreditory. No, you're right, I mean, and we are watching you know, yes, it's pretty aggressive, and I think in our recap we called it out because then later Corey doesn't say, you know, she kissed me. He says, you know, I kissed her, and it's like wait, wait, wait, I really, to be fair, you kind of were assaulted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it is that that. I think that that was like a gray area. At least when I watched it back, I felt like the fact that he.
Speaker 7: Allowed it to like didn't leave.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was like holding his head to my face. He did actually happened, and he was like whoa at the end of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they did set up your character though, to really be wearing a leather jacket in high school.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Al fast girl.
Speaker 1: That's how they differentiated on on boying me thirled if you're in a leather jacket?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that kissing scene? Do you remember, like was that one of how had you done a bunch of other kissing scenes before that or was this one of your first?
Speaker 4: This was one of my first? Probably, I think I did like one other one when I was like probably around that scene, like that same year. I don't know which one came first. That was probably one of my first ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did your mom feel about those kissing scenes?
Speaker 4: Oh, she's fine. She wasn't like puritanical or anything. She just you know, didn't want me to get sexualized too early. Yeah, so, I mean that's her big thing. That's why she was afraid to get let me get into the music industry too early. Like I was only thirteen when that was starting to happen, So you know, she just didn't want me to get sexuliced early. But things like kissing, you know, that was fine. And actually he had really like puffy, sweet little lips.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that you cant lips?
Speaker 4: I mean you're asking you back, what do I remember at the kiss? Like he did have like that was what it felt like, very pillowy, pillowy lips.
Speaker 2: Great. And then so you don't have any scenes with Will in Boy Meets World, but then you end up with this little comedic genius in My Date with the President's Daughter. When did you realize this? This movie has a cult.
Speaker 4: Following, probably like a couple a couple of years ago, probably two years ago. I mean, first of all, throughout my whole since we did it, anytime it aired, I mean I got recognized for that movie more than anything I'd ever done.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so it was because they would rerun it and it would just that, Yeah, people recorded it, they watched it again. It was just like a favorite for some reason. So throughout my whole career I knew that it had some sort of special following. But in the last two years, some young people who were nannying for a friend of mine were like, oh my god, you're the girl from My Day with President's Daughter. And they were like easily like twenty one or twenty two, and they were like, I'm like, you know that movie like you were born, and they were like, oh my god, we love it. You're if you if you were to do a TikTok right now, Like you're actually trending on TikTok right now. The pink dress was like the to die for thing, and so I guess it was trending because of the dress and because of a clip, the clip of me coming out of you know, the clip of me coming out of the dressing room when we go shopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they take your hair down and I'm like, yeah, big hair.
Speaker 7: Movie, big hair movie.
Speaker 3: Youtwoe, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 3: It was a big hair movie all the way around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we didn't. We have a hair off. Yeah, we had a hair off.
Speaker 3: I think we had a hair off. And you won obviously.
Speaker 1: But now the only question going through my head is are my lips pillowy?
Speaker 4: Your? Your lips were so great?
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 3: I'm just making sure that because I mean, I think you know.
Speaker 4: What I think it was. Maybe that's just a heightened sense memory with when it comes to Sures then, because it was really one of the first kisses, it's probably just a heightened sense.
Speaker 2: What she's saying is she has no memory of yours exactly.
Speaker 1: I think that's a Hey, I'm fine with that. I want to be forgotten. When it comes to relationships, I'm okay with just forget I was ever part of it.
Speaker 3: That's fine with that. Forget we ever kissed. Just forget it right.
Speaker 4: No, No, you were great though you I mean, but we had fun, good friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a ton of I mean it was the ninety percent of that movie was just you and I together, running around, running around, So it was I mean, we had a ton of fun shooting that. And like Trojan, I mean, this was a movie that the vast majority of it was shot, was supposed to take place in one night, so it's you know, we're out there three o'clock in the morning in the streets of Toronto most nights for a month. And yeah, we bonded. We had we really did. We had a We had a ton of fun doing that together.
Speaker 5: I've never seen this movie. Do you guys? Do you do you end up together?
Speaker 3: How's how's how's it working?
Speaker 1: I don't want to ruin it for you rider if you've spoiler alert, so it's all one crazy date is watching.
Speaker 4: The quality of it will be not great because it's I think they see it as YouTube. But if you want to, you know, take the piss a little bit out of either this in the future or just watch it. That the value in watching it. But it's an enjoyable film.
Speaker 2: I really, I do think we still need to do a pod meets World My Day with the President's daughter rewatch.
Speaker 3: Okay, we did it on Magical rewind.
Speaker 2: But I know you already did it, but we would.
Speaker 3: Love to do that as well. I think we should.
Speaker 4: I would love that.
Speaker 3: I think Rider needs to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be there, please, You're going to be there as well.
Speaker 3: No, we had fun. I mean it was it was.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, this kid makes a bet with his friends that he can bring a date to the to the dance, and meanwhile, the president's daughter keeps sneaking away from her secret Service because she's not allowed to have any life, and the President's Dabney Coleman.
Speaker 4: Her life is so repressed that she desperately wants Yeah, we don't.
Speaker 2: It's like writer sneaking away from his Disneyland guide.
Speaker 5: Correct, the president I might really relate to this.
Speaker 4: You would be my film, and why they're so expensive.
Speaker 2: He didn't have to pay for it.
Speaker 3: A writer did, just didn't appreciate.
Speaker 1: I think that his guide is literally still sitting outside of the hard Rock Cafe hoping that he's okay.
Speaker 3: Now, we had fun. We had fun doing that movie. It was it was ninety seven, ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Nice ninety a thing, well one of those years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it has been confirmed by Elizabeth herself that I did indeed audition.
Speaker 3: You did I have you audition for my favorite song?
Speaker 2: I apparently did, And I have no memory of it, but that's not surprising to anyone who's listened to this podcast at all. I have a very bad memory, and I just can't believe that, Like, did Will already have the part? Were they really thinking about putting Will and Me in a movie together?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 5: Did you audition or or did they just give it to you me?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think I went in and read once, but I think it was kind of a foregone conclusion that I was going to do it. But I could that that could be wrong. I mean, when I went and met Alex alexand who's the director.
Speaker 3: Of the film.
Speaker 1: When I walked in, you know, they obviously wanted the synergy of of somebody on that that was already on ABC because this was a wonderful world A Disney which is going to be ABC.
Speaker 3: So I'm I.
Speaker 1: Definitely read, but I think it was more like a meeting reading than it was waiting with a bunch of people in the in the waiting room kind of thing. But yeah, I think I was cast first because Elizabeth did we read together?
Speaker 4: I think so didn't.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I'm not the only one with a bad memory. It makes me feel a lot better about it.
Speaker 4: He reminded me of so many things that happened on this set. When we did our for his other podcast, I was like, oh my god, I forgot about dh Pell I forgot about so don't feel bad. I do remember that it was a very like energy driven audition, like there was a lot of physicality and like sort of but it might have not been you.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't remember if we did either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what I told them when he asked me on his other podcast was that when I was walking in, you were literally leaving the audition room, and I was like, oh my god, she's probably gonna get it. She's so great. That's what I'm thinking in my head. But then I went, wait, why would they have her playing the romantic opposite of somebody who's on the same show. So I was thinking the same things. I was sort of like, maybe maybe that's not going to happen. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, we're also under age, weren't you, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you filmed it in ninety seven, I was no more than sixteen. I will turn sixteen in May of that year, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there would have been a lot of creepiness that would have been involved.
Speaker 2: Well, you were also horrible.
Speaker 5: I mean that's true.
Speaker 2: Probably, I mean.
Speaker 3: The role until I went I'm not working with her.
Speaker 2: That's so that's very likely. So you're probably right. I wasn't good.
Speaker 5: That audition.
Speaker 4: Were at the final audio. You were in the final like, you were like one of the final people, so that.
Speaker 5: God, you probably went back multiple times. Danielle, And you have no idea, you know, memory too busy doing a photo shoot Andrew in the parking.
Speaker 2: Lot out here. I could be driving snick Shift with Andy outside, and you.
Speaker 1: Remember this audition as well as Elizabeth remembers kissing me.
Speaker 4: I rememberbulous.
Speaker 3: Oh see, well that she's Danielle faking it.
Speaker 5: She remembers Danielle hugging her more than she.
Speaker 2: It was the feel of my arms around her.
Speaker 5: Ways, it was that thinks sincerity was way betters.
Speaker 3: I buy that.
Speaker 2: God, Oh my gosh, well fair.
Speaker 4: They also wouldn't let us have like a very like crazy kiss, so it was a very delicate.
Speaker 1: Sweep we did, and we were like very far apart from each other, and we did the hip thing where we like moved in awkwardly to kid and I can't wait.
Speaker 5: To see this movie. Oh yeah, I cannot wait to see this movie.
Speaker 2: I know I want to watch.
Speaker 1: I think you pointed out and I think you're right that they had us each standing on marks that they didn't need to leap because of the green screen where the Lincoln memorials behind us and the reflecting pools in front of us.
Speaker 3: So it was probably like you know, nineties green screens.
Speaker 1: Was like, don't move, just stay in and kiss each other, and then we do this weird, awkward sixth grade hug to end the date.
Speaker 3: It was very yeah, very strange.
Speaker 4: It was really awkward that part. I was like, why didn't you just stay in the closer show that?
Speaker 3: Yeah right?
Speaker 1: And yeah, and have Halle assault Duncan the way that you assaulted ben On.
Speaker 3: I'm boyant squirrel.
Speaker 4: Right, that's what I wanted to do, but they wouldn't because she kept asking for that.
Speaker 2: So it would be a true crime if we did not talk about the pink dress, which, by the way, someone online said, is this generation's Marilyn Monroe white dress standing over the drafted grate?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yes, that was said online. I don't have their username.
Speaker 7: But it was said, did you so amazing?
Speaker 2: Isn't it great? I know what a compliment. Did you know when you when you tried it on, when you wore it, did you know that it would become memorable? Did you think, like this dress is going to make a mark?
Speaker 4: No, that's absolutely not. I've told this story a couple of times because the dress has been a part of my interviews a lot.
Speaker 7: And yeah, reality is.
Speaker 4: I when I was first given the dress to try on, I was very self conscious in it. It was I had not yet played a role where I was playing, like doing something that's sexy, and I was very kind of uh self, just self conscious. I thought I looked you know, the crazy minds we had when we were young. I thought I looked fat in it. You know, that's just the crazy things that girls were made to feel back.
Speaker 7: Then, and but so I.
Speaker 4: Was kind of not wanting to wear and I tried to get out. I was like, what else do we have? And she's like, I'll we tried on other things and she was like, no, this is it. She's like this is it. Everybody is loving this. I'm like okay. So I had to wear it, and then by like you know, day three, I was like, no, I actually kind of like this. I'm starting it just I just had to feel myself in it and be like I can wear a spandex mini dress, sure, you know.
Speaker 1: But we were like climbing stuff and jumping in and out of cars and you were in a super short skirt, as were and I'm like behind you, like right behind yours were sneaking out of things, and it.
Speaker 4: Was very funny.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, it was did you wear bike shorts? Like do you remember did you wear stuff under it?
Speaker 4: Okay, shirts for sure, and yeah, because we were climbing ladders and everything. But in terms of the dress becoming popular, like that was one of the things that early on, I think when I started to get recognized and people would actually talk about the dress even then, and I've had been interviewed by like fashion you know, websites and magazines and stuff about that dress, just like it really is, Like I, it's just one of those things you never think, like some you realize how important good wardrobe is when when something like that happens, and how it can really just that it drew more attention to the entire film and it was just you know, which is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Well I can, I can obviously so very relate to all the things you were saying about the way you felt when you put the dress on, and all of the insecurity you felt. But I hope that all these years later, you're able to look back and see very clearly now that truthfully what got all of the attention is not even it's not the dress. It's truthfully, the way you brought the dress to life. Your body in that dress is what made that dress so spectacular. So I hope that you know, when you look back on it, you don't think, wow, crazy that this little flimsy piece of pink fabric was so noteworthy. What has been the reason it's noteworthy is truly because of you and your beauty and what you how you embodied it. You brought the dress to life. So it's truly a testament to you and the way you carried it, more so than any piece of fabric.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much. Wow, that's very sweet.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 3: She fakes sincerity better than anybody else.
Speaker 5: So believable. I really felt it. I bought that all the way, honestly.
Speaker 2: What doesn't do too.
Speaker 5: What I was thinking is how great it is that Danielle can say that, because like, imagine a guy saying like, like we I I cannot say like your body and that direct like do you know what I mean? Like, but Danielle saying it. Actually, it's a really great sentiment, totally phenomenal, beautiful and and yeah it's a it's a.
Speaker 3: It was really nice, Danielle. I could not say that. You know, we can't talk about your body here.
Speaker 5: We couldn't be like you wear it your body.
Speaker 3: You know, it was your body.
Speaker 5: It wasn't just a you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's terrible, these two. You see what I have to deal with every day. My gosh, dynamic, it's awesome. I know my cheeks, ahret this vin in my forehead is pop it out. I can't control it.
Speaker 3: Danielle it's not the vein, it's how you wear it. That's it's.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, he know seriously, Okay.
Speaker 2: It seems like the dynamics of the show Charmed have been dissected on social media non stop for the last month. I know you guest starred on the show as Brooke in an episode called Magic Hour. What was your experience on Charmed? What was your what was your day to day like on set?
Speaker 4: So Charmed was good. It was actually really good. Alyssa Milana was a sweetheart to me, Like she really like took me under her wing and lost a lot of my stuff was with her too, so that was helpful. But definitely as a young person, I sensed the tension on the set, like it was the others. The other two were very were nice to me, but like not as effusively kind as Alyssa was, And they were always off in their own space and she would sit all the way on the other side of the set by herself, and like there was a major divide on that set even back then, Like and I don't think that was that long into the show. It was like only a couple of seasons into the show, So I don't know Yeah, it was. That part was interesting because I hadn't really ever I was young. I hadn't really ever witnessed anything like that on a set where people like really aren't hiding, not liking each other, and I don't know enough about what's going on there.
Speaker 2: But interesting that it that it could be felt.
Speaker 7: But I felt a me.
Speaker 4: I remember when we're doing scenes. I felt like, you know, when you're trying to be natural and being the scenes and it was all three of us I did. My stomach was tight like the whole time. I felt like when cut is called and it would just be like wow, and that effects the fifth wheel on the scene, the person, It affects the whole you know, it feels icky. So totally in terms of how I was true to it was great, but just being in that energy was was strange.
Speaker 2: That's time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to hold a baby owl. I real liked that episode and that was probably the coolest part of Baby Owl was just like looking up.
Speaker 1: At me and ye until you find out that the owl did not get along with anybody on the caste. Yeah, your line is who I know?
Speaker 4: I know? Oh my god, sorry, so funny those things.
Speaker 6: But anyway, can we talk a little bit about cus I, because every time that I mentioned that you were coming on the last podcast, this podcast, my wife Susan is like, oh my God, tell her again how much I loved her on CSI.
Speaker 1: So this is you came on to like a juggernaut of a show. What season did you join?
Speaker 4: So that whole experience happened because I had done a I forget it was like season ten or eleven, okay, yeah, and I had basically been off just offered that part off of doing a show that was very short lived that Bruckheimer also produced called Miami Medical, and they just really liked me on that show and they were sad that it didn't go. And I remember he called me up directly after that and was like, just you know, we want to work with you again, and that's going to happen. So I know you these he's he literally said, you can get these these conversations in Hollywood all the time and it never follows through. He said, we are following through with you, for sure. And I was like, wow, that was an insane conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: I did not expect that. And then within like a month or month and a half, I got the call that they wanted me to become a new CSI on the show.
Speaker 7: I guess to.
Speaker 4: You know, bring another another element of like a little bit of a younger energy. They wanted a little more of a younger audience to start watching again. But they were also it was a good time to bring in a new character on the younger end of the spectrum because Ted had then Ted Danson had replaced Billy Peterson, so it was kind of like new faces on the show, a little bit of a be launch of the show. And Yeah, that was a that was a nerve wracking experience coming into that talk about having anxiety coming into a set knowing that they've been at it for over ten years. Wow, and the same people and they're you know, either a family or they're not. I didn't know, but I got there and everybody was really welcoming, and everybody seemed to get along with each other. And now to this day, like some of those cast members are like some of my best friends.
Speaker 2: And it reunited you with Mary Steinbrgin, right because Ted Dancing is married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what really reunited me with her after the movie was the fact that I went to college with Lily and we used to play together when we were kids because she would be on set. But it did reunite us again, yeah, because you know, even though I had kind of been in their lives and like I had been in their lives a lot at that point, but it you know, time good. You know, you'd have months or years off and yeah, yeah, probably a year and a half when I got that. And I think like the best part of that really was one of the best parts of that was working with Ted because he was just one of the kindest, funniest you know, someone like that who for me was I just was always a.
Speaker 5: Of his.
Speaker 4: He was very uh, he had a sense of humor that that really really worked on a set that when you're coming in and you're you're the new person they have to look to yeh, and it just it really kind of made people fall in love with him very quickly. It was it was his sense of humor and the way that he talked to everybody and just a very supportive person.
Speaker 3: So it's great.
Speaker 1: I love hearing that about people that I respect, because he's he can.
Speaker 5: Do it all.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's you put him in cheers, you put him in drama, you put him in whatever. And he's going to kill it every time. So I love hearing stories like that about people I admire that much, where it's like, oh, it's you want to meet him, he's everything you think he's going to be everything.
Speaker 3: Thank God.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really really true. I think the only other person I can say in my career who's that level of you know, a list or whatever, that I've worked with that just kind of just opened my mind to like how good you can still be even with that level of success was Dolly Parton, And.
Speaker 3: She was like your idol.
Speaker 4: She was my idol, yes, but even so like just above and beyond, she goes above and beyond when you're working with her, Like literally I was treated like family. I was like sleaming over like it was just cool. And also because I was up fifteen or whatever when I were there, Yeah, there, she was like very nurturing, but stayed in touch with me, you know, like still in touch with her. You know. It's just kind of people like that are really special when you get to cross paths with them, you know, that's so great. In this viz.
Speaker 2: Were you always supposed to be on for over eighty episodes when you started CSI or did it just keep growing.
Speaker 4: Basically, I went on as a recurring. They wanted to contract me as a recurring, but I also had another offer for another pilot, and so their hand was forced to make me a series regular within the first Wow week. Nice working, so I didn't have to go through that like wondering period of like are they going to upgrade my contract? And gave me more money.
Speaker 7: Great, So that was like.
Speaker 4: A really kismet magical thing that happened there. And then yeah, they just you know, they were happy I guess with what I was doing, and kept me in every episode. I mean I did contract. I did make a contract to do a certain number to make sure that I was in, you know, all the episodes or I wasn't going to do it. But they kept me very present in the episodes. It wasn't like, you know, standing in the background and just there because you were contracted for it, which was good. It was a nice it's an ensom. It's a great ensemble and they usually you know, keep everybody well in the storylines and well served in the storylines.
Speaker 2: That's so great. Yeah, So you were recently working with Christian Oliver who tragically passed away with his two young daughters in a plane crash. What were you working together on?
Speaker 4: We were working together on a film that he was producing with a director that I had worked with about four or five years ago. They had stayed in touch and they were starting to make films together, and this was the first one they were doing independently outside of any other.
Speaker 7: Outside like a production company.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it was a really important passion project for him and it meant a lot to him, and it meant a lot to me that he wanted to work with me again because I'd worked with Christian in that movie that I worked with that same director, So basically it was reuniting the three of us, and it just felt like an honor that they wanted me to do it, because you know, when a friend wants you to do something like that, it means that you're not just friends with them, they actually respect your work.
Speaker 7: That's really.
Speaker 4: Meaningful to me, and I was really excited to be a part of it. It's currently I'm not sure what the title is going to be. It was called Forever Hold Your Piece, and I think they're changing the title.
Speaker 3: So you finished, You finished the film.
Speaker 4: Then we we were close to finishing. We had one more day, but it was a day that was extras, so we were able to finish it. And you know, it's it's coming together, I think. I honestly, for me, it's it's hard to even talk about the movie in the wake of what happened, and so for me, it's not really about the movie at this point. I mean, I, you know, care, I care about it, but I care more about him and his family. And he was just one of the sweetest, kindest, cared about you on his set kind of people. He he and I had a very easy working relationship where we were able to take like each other's cues, like without a lot of talking, just take each other. We really worked together well in terms of if there was a bad energy happening around us, just like holding each other's hand and getting you know, making sure that we were always where we needed to be with each other in each scene. And it was just a very giving acting acting experience, a very giving and reciprocally giving acting experience. But that's also who he was as a person. He was just a really generous, kind loved his kids more than anything in the world human being. He's very, very sorely missed it's it's a tragedy. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm very sorry for your loss.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah, I'm sorry for his family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely so. Looking back now, almost thirty years later on both the Boy Meets World episode and My Date with the President's daughter, can't believe how quickly we are inching towards thirty years from that and with so much work on your resume. What do all of these decades of work mean to you now when you look back.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. It's funny. I've been incredibly reminiscent lately.
Speaker 7: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I think maybe because I've been asked to do a lot of different podcasts for things these the nineties, coming into the consciousness of gen Z, and you know, it's created this very like nostalgia driven these nostalgia driven days where I'll just be doing something and I'm like, oh, that was fun and anything that I feel like at this point in my life, I feel very proud, you know. I feel like I worked really hard most you know, for a lot of years, and it's it's taught me a lot that I don't I don't need to always be so driven all the time, you know, I'm happy to be, you know, exploring other things in my life and you know it's not just about that stuff anymore, and that's really beautiful. Yeah, I mean, I just feel grateful. I feel when I think look back about it, I feel really grateful, very grateful. I'm proud.
Speaker 2: I guess you should be proud. Absolutely. Yeah, we are all very proud of you. I'm wrapping my arms around your waist. I love you very sincerely, with all my heart. I love it forever and ever. Elizabeth. Thank you so much for spending your time with us today. We've loved reminiscing with you and talking about your incredible career. So yeah, thank you for being here with us. And we do want to do a pod meets World my Day with the President's daughter Rewatch, and we hope you join us for that and.
Speaker 4: Then it would be so fun. I just want to I want every I want you guys to just make fun of us. I just want that.
Speaker 3: Oh, that'll happen. So you want it to be a regular Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Great, you're laughing that hard every day. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: It is. It's pretty good. We we love our lives. Thank you, Elizabeth, it was great talking with you.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: That's so fun. It's always so fun to talk with people you haven't seen since thirty ish years ago. I know, Will you just saw her recently, so you've you've had again on opportunities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still have that kind of this is the new hey, I just saw you thing, and it's still like, you know, right, we see each other all the time, and I still don't have my presence, so we obviously didn't see each other that much. So yeah, it's I mean again, i'd like I want to see I want to actually see her. It'll be nice to you know, be in the same space with her again, which which would be fun.
Speaker 3: We got along very very well.
Speaker 1: She's really easy to work with, loves the work, really enjoyable to be with on the set, just goes.
Speaker 2: Looks great in the pink dress, looks wonderful in the pink dress. I'm allowed to say it. In that pink dress, You're not allowed to say it.
Speaker 3: She was eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: This was the first job she did as an adult, and she took over and like negotiated her own contracts at Wow Wow for my date. Yeah, she was like because her mom was her manager at the time. She's like I'm taking this, and so my date was the first time she like took the reins of her career.
Speaker 3: Really really impressive.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'll say, I still don't like to do that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either. I haven't had a contract for anything in years. I just go and assume I still called Judy Savage.
Speaker 5: Can you make this steal for me?
Speaker 3: You're equivalent of still going to your pediatrician doctor partner something I've an awi. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com. And we have merch.
Speaker 3: My date with all of this merch now yeah right, you don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Later, I was gonna say, is there a song in the oh.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be stuck in your head till today you die?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, Podmeetsworldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Podmeets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong, executive producers Jensenkarp and Amy Sugarman, executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksh producer, Maddy Moore engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com